PDA

View Full Version : Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara

NOV
12th August 2013, 10:11 AM
http://haihoi.com/Channels/cine_gallery/itharku-than-aasai-pattai-balakumara-First-Look-Posters-01_S_166.jpg

Vijay Sethupathi as Sumar Moonji Kumar
Ashwin Kakumanu as Bala
Swati Reddy
Nandita as Kumudha
Pasupathy
Soori
V. S. Raghavan
Livingston
M. S. Bhaskar
Pattimandram Raja
Rajendran
Robo Shankar
Raju Sundaram a special apparence
S.Sivaraj Cuddalore Art Director- a special appearance

Directed by Gokul
Produced by V. S. Rajkumar
Written by Gokul
Madhan Karky (dialogues)
Music by Siddarth Vippin
Cinematography Mahesh Muthuswamy
Editing by Leo John Paul
Studio Leo Visions
Distributed by JSK Film Corporation

http://i0.wp.com/kollytalk.com/posters/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Idharkuthane-Aasaipattai-Balakumara-First-look-Poster.jpg?resize=650%2C413

NOV
12th August 2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-oVvZP8Vw

Vijay Sethupathi apparently has another hit on the way

The teaser of Vijay Sethupathi's Idharkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara, which was released on the 9th of August has become a raging hit in the online space. In just 2 days' time, the film has crossed 2 lakh hits and looking at the popularity of the teaser, 1 million isn't far away

Vijay Sethupathi is joined by Ashwin, Swathi, Nandita, Pasupathy, M.S.Bhasker, Naan Kadavul Srinivasan and others in this comic caper, directed by Gokul. Some of the highlight moments of the teaser include the 'Dingu Dongu Bellu Bellu' song featuring Raju Sundaram and other dancers. M.S.Bhasker's 'No use playing violin at the back of a buffalo' and Pasupathy's 'Indha teaser Facebook, Twitter la pichukanum' are among the other dialog highlights in the teaser.

Vijay Sethupathi plays Sumaar Moonji Kumar and he has apparently gone all out in playing this streetsmart romeo to perfection. The movie is set for a September release and pre-release publicity posters have been put up across the city.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/vijay-sethupathi-apparently-has-another-hit-on-the-way-vijay-sethupathi-idharkuthaane-aasaipattai-balakumara-11-08-13.html

mappi
12th August 2013, 01:26 PM
Present Sir !

For those interested, the "Prayer" Single Song is out, but you have to download it for free from Think Music.
Its again a song thitifying a girl. Catchy though.

srimal
12th August 2013, 02:53 PM
ding dong bellu ... engeyo ketta tune ???

mappi
12th August 2013, 03:04 PM
For me it sounded like Ajith's Pooellam Un Vaasam song - Puthu Malar Thotu Chellum Katri Niruthu (Bangra song)
(Ajith would have done all the movements quite gracefully - one of my favorites)

NOV
12th August 2013, 05:41 PM
Present Sir ! :bow: :D

ding dong bellu ... engeyo ketta tune ???pazhaya paattu.... one of Vedha's hits.... manam ennum mEdai mElE mugam onnu aaduthu.... (the line tea sollu, strongaa tea sollu is from yaar vandhadhu, angE yaar vandhadhu)

srimal
12th August 2013, 05:47 PM
pazhaya paattu.... one of Vedha's hits.... manam ennum mEdai mElE mugam onnu aaduthu.... (the line tea sollu, strongaa tea sollu is from yaar vandhadhu, angE yaar vandhadhu)

vallavanukku vallavan... :) thanks..

balaajee
12th August 2013, 05:55 PM
:bow: :D

pazhaya paattu.... one of Vedha's hits.... manam ennum mEdai mElE mugam onnu aaduthu.... (the line tea sollu, strongaa tea sollu is from yaar vandhadhu, angE yaar vandhadhu)

My Father use to say Vedha is OLD Deva in copying... is that true??

NOV
12th August 2013, 06:06 PM
My Father use to say Vedha is OLD Deva in copying... is that true??quite true... but he copied hindi songs for (usually) hindi remakes.
Deva is uncomparable and is international....

srimal
12th August 2013, 06:08 PM
edho devandand with asha parekh padathu song pola.. according to my father :)

yes... Vedha used to do ditto copies of some popular tunes those days..

NOV
12th August 2013, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x50Tp7cdAOk

mappi
12th August 2013, 06:31 PM
Oh!
Nice song "Manum ennum medai".

"tea sollu" sounds also like "Kaadhal Vandadhae, Yenakku kaadhal Vandadhae"

In between, anyone noticed the similarity in the backdrop on which the title is written between this movie and Kalyana Samayal Sadham ?

Anyway, Sumar Monchi Kumar Vs Mani = Sumar Monchi Kumar is the Winner ... LoL

There are other posters also, the one similar to Ayutha Ezhutu, an englishman tatooing VS photo (LoL) ...

NOV
13th August 2013, 06:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JNmRIcAY0

k_vanan
13th August 2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JNmRIcAY0

Again... intha mathiri paatu ellam ippo fashion agidichu :fatigue:

Dhanush :hammer:

NOV
13th August 2013, 07:34 PM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1150808_640364429315369_1177369831_n.jpg

HonestRaj
13th August 2013, 09:33 PM
prayer song.. sema mokkaiya irukku..

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 09:56 PM
NOV thevira Vijay S fan agitinga pola ;)

NOV
14th August 2013, 04:39 AM
:yes:
:D

NOV
28th August 2013, 05:47 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1176313_589318031120257_1366638330_n.jpg

Cinemarasigan
28th August 2013, 06:27 PM
As per the earlier plans, "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" was suppose to release before this movie... By seeing the trends, ITAB may release before that...

NOV
30th August 2013, 06:09 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1186203_411447668967270_551613919_n.jpg

NOV
30th August 2013, 05:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS31u8yCAAE1EP-.jpg:large

Dinesh84
4th September 2013, 11:33 AM
‘I had to dance for the first time for ITAPB’

http://newindianexpress.com/entertainment/tamil/%E2%80%98I-had-to-dance-for-the-first-time-for-ITAPB%E2%80%99/2013/09/03/article1764600.ece

NOV
30th September 2013, 05:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVYYfNLCAAAfYVW.jpg:large

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th September 2013, 05:30 PM
Novji FDFS poringala ??

NOV
30th September 2013, 06:43 PM
Novji FDFS poringala ??kandippaa paarppen.. if not in Malaysia, then in India :D

NOV
30th September 2013, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSEj8-nye8

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th September 2013, 11:43 PM
kandippaa paarppen.. if not in Malaysia, then in India :D

Gud !! I'll try for FD any show. Lets see

NOV
2nd October 2013, 10:39 AM
Nikkil Murugan ‏says

Mass opening for Mass entertainer IABK ..Three days all shows full in all theatres..Content Capturer Vijaysethupathy rocks

uruzalari
2nd October 2013, 02:49 PM
Enjoyed the film.....First half was a little off with a few boring scenes....Second half is enjoyable with jokes being thrown at you almost every scene .... Nice film with a much needed message

mappi
2nd October 2013, 03:04 PM
Aiyoo Aiyoo ... onnoru hit-a. Dragon-ku hit kudukardhu-lam sagajam appa.
Movie Buff thanks for the positive notes, will try to watch the movie this weekend.

NOV
2nd October 2013, 04:51 PM
http://karthikblogs.blogspot.in/2013/10/irreverence-at-its-core.html

It has been close to two hours since I laughed out probably the loudest I have ever inside a cinema hall in several years.

The last time I did, I was a school boy watching 'Micheal Madana Kama Rajan' at Sakthi Abirami. Funny how some memories remain fresh in your mind more than others.

I have no doubts that I would remeber 'Idharkuthaane Aasai Pattaai Balakumara' the same way several years from now. Not only because I laughed out loud but also because the film came closest in terms of characterisation and situational comedy to what I have observed only in Marx Brothers' classics such as 'Duck Soup' or 'A Night at the Opera'.

I know that what I am saying sounds high praise or hyperbole. But the characters in 'Idharku Thaane' have the same caricaturist effect that one can find in Marx Brothers' comedies. And the audience is left guessing whether it is all improvisation comedy by the actors, or whether the script provided for it.

I don't want to give away the story. But just take a look at all the characters in the mix: 'Sumaar Moonji' Kumar (Vijay Sethupathi), an over-enthusiastic over-the-top Romeo whose Juliet Kumuda (Nandita), can't stand his antics and one-liners; Bala (Ashwin), a salesman at a private bank and a serial liar in love with Renu (Swathi), a smart HR manager, who loves him despite calling all his bluffs; 'Romba Sumaar Moonji' Kumar, as Sumar Moonji Kumar's sidekick, two goons who muder a local dada for the love of his wife 'Baby,' a Saroja Devi caricature who has Suriya's monologue 'Hi, I am Krishnan' as a ring tone; Soori as the dead dada's brother; 'Annachi' another local dada with diabetes-Type 2 and gets mistaken as 'Maligai Kadai Annachi'; two politicians who go to TASMAC bar calling every one they see as "thalaivaa" including a corpse they mistake for a drunkard … (If you are not smiling already, something is really wrong with you.)

This level of craziness usually is the core of Marx Brothers' movies. (Of course the critical difference here is that Groucho Marx actually had the propensity to improvise on set that drove some of the directors mad. But let us keep aside that discussion for now.)

Though Vijay Sethupathi is going to walk away with some fame among the masses, quite naturally in a society where we still tend to eulogise the leading man, all credit here must go to the team of writers. Gokul takes the credit for story and screenplay, and shares the dialogue credits with Madhan Karky. Some of the situational comedy is a win for the writers.

The first half sets up the premise so zannily with 'Sumaar Moonji Kumar' narrating his love story to 'Annachi' concluding one hilarious incident after the other with the punch line "Kumuda Happy". The only weak element in the first hour is the love story between Bala and Renu, which seems to act like a speed breaker to audience getting more of Sumaar Moonji Kumar.

Just a paragraph for Vijay Sethupathi: The actor is no longer the underdog. He has graduated from that to become the "darling of the masses". The entire audience was roaring and whistling every time he filled the frame. Smartly, he is not only choosing the right scripts but is limiting his screen appearance to the dictates of the script. The audience is left wanting more of Sumaar Moonji Kumar.

The structuring of the script, and its pacing deserves mention. Most comedy films, even the half decent ones, taper off in the second half. But not so 'Idharkuthaane'. The first half feels like a huge comedy bomb is being assembled, where the makers are adding all the crazy ingredients. At the intermission point, the fuse is lit.

The second half just explodes with the most unpredictable twists and turns. The biggest laughs, are in fact, provided by characters that the audience would least expect.

It is just like a 10,000 wallah firecracker with one gag after the other at an unrelenting pace.

I can only think of one of the most iconic comedy sequences in Tamil cinema: the train scene from 'Thillana Mohanambal'. Though Sivaji Ganesan and Padmini were the stars, that scene and the movie worked wonders because of the space the script created for every supporting character.

'Itharku thaane' succeeds in a similar way. You are not just going to walk away with 'Sumaar Moonji Kumar' or 'Kumuda' or 'Annachi' providing your the laughs. Every character that appears even for a fleeting moment manages to win a laugh or two.

The only regret when the movie's end credits roll is that: One of the best times at the cinema hall has come to a close.

mappi
2nd October 2013, 06:58 PM
"The only regret when the movie's end credits roll is that: One of the best times at the cinema hall has come to a close."
Best summary line.
Just out of curiosity as there was no mention about him : info on Rajendran's role please ... solreinba solreinba was quite funny !

Arvind Srinivasan
2nd October 2013, 07:09 PM
Well. Looking forward to watching this movie. Its released here in Chicago.

uruzalari
2nd October 2013, 07:38 PM
"The only regret when the movie's end credits roll is that: One of the best times at the cinema hall has come to a close."
Best summary line.
Just out of curiosity as there was no mention about him : info on Rajendran's role please ... solreinba solreinba was quite funny !

It is quite good..... He is getting really substantiate roles these days.......He has scenes throughout the movie

NOV
2nd October 2013, 08:04 PM
For the first time in many many years, folks in TN get to watch before folks in Malaysia. :D
Thanks to the Wed release...

mappi
2nd October 2013, 09:26 PM
Finally : (fear over) - releasing in France in MEGA CGR Cinema Halls on 04/10
http://www.cgrcinemas.fr/epinay/film/53157

Thanks ba ! 04/10 @19H30 correct-a attendance potruvom illa !

Saai
2nd October 2013, 09:56 PM
Where and when is it releasing in Singapore

NOV
4th October 2013, 07:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVtMvGRCYAA328d.jpg:large

arulraj
5th October 2013, 09:42 AM
I enjoyed IABK very much after my favorite Soothu Kavvum :ty:

Vijay S striked gold again :victory:; what a energy , dominating screen presence and stole the entire show.

After Vijay S , Pasupathy , Rajendran , soori and Yaarappa athu.... antha , thaenadai figure entertained well esp for Painter rajendran :thumbsup:

Ethir veetula and prayer songs are treat to watch :happydance:

I wanna good print to watch @home for repeat watch ; KUDOS to IABK team :redjump:

mappi
5th October 2013, 04:02 PM
Thalaiva entha Bank-la vella pakura. Petrol Baunk.

Climax + end-title card VS summa theirikiraru. Rajini-ku apporam oru suru surupa partha oru feeling.
If the names Kumudha and Summar Mongi Kumar gets registered with the audiences + takes a place in the TFI records, the credit goes to VS (and of coarse Gokul for creating them).

The 2 heroine characters are note worthy. Eventhough Swathi's character may irritate you for her "pesterings", but as the movie matures, you will note the maturity in that character. But Nanditha sticks stable as well as VS, no change. Loved the way Nanditha gets irritated + How VS irritates her and esp. the way VS fells cheated at the end !

The characters are the strength of the movie. Watch out for Romba Sumaar Mungi Kumar when VS does a daring stunt !
There is a lot to talk about the other characters :
Naan Yaaru Painter Rajendran, finishing touch super-a kudupein.
Rajjjjjjjj ...
aiyayo azhuthadama azhuthadama.

This movie has highlight after highlight. Not only the situations and dialogues, but the delivery is extraordinary :
Early morning 5'o clock kolum scene : Sittingey bayamgarama irrukuthu.
Puratasi Masam Scene : Kumudha amma Kakai-ku sorru vachitanga.

Well I just came here put a line or 2, but I am exceeding it. Lastly, I am aware that few would find the movie over sound-u, but for the rest I think that they will enjoy it as much as I did.

Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara : Worthy Wish

NOV
5th October 2013, 04:48 PM
Date: Saturday, 05 Oct 2013

TGV Cinemas - BUKIT RAJA, Klang
Tel: 1-300-222-848
Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, 2D (U)
12:00AM 12:10AM 11:05AM 01:55PM 09:10PM

GSC - SUMMIT USJ, Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-78068888
02:20PM 05:30PM 07:10PM 08:30PM 10:10PM 11:30PM

GSC - IOI MALL, Puchong
12:05AM 12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

GSC - AMANJAYA MALL, Sungai Petani
12:05AM 02:20PM 05:35PM 08:50PM

GSC - IPOH PARADE, Ipoh
12:00AM 12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

GSC - TERMINAL 1, Seremban
12:05AM 12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

GSC - PELANGI LEISURE MALL, Johor Bahru
12:30PM 03:30PM 06:30PM 09:30PM 11:15PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SENTUL CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-40422525
12:15AM 12:15PM 03:15PM 06:15PM 09:15PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - COLISEUM CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-26925995

LOTUS FIVE STAR - STATE CINEPLEX PJ, Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-79607881
12:15PM 03:15PM 06:15PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SRI INTAN KLANG, Klang
Tel: 03-33425870
03:00PM 06:00PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - BUKIT JAMBUL PENANG, Bayan Lepas
Tel: 04-6401515
12:00PM 02:45PM 05:45PM 08:45PM 11:45PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - BUTTERWORTH, Butterworth
Tel: 04-3101081

mexicomeat
5th October 2013, 06:34 PM
i did not enjoy the scenes involving the baby character.. apart from that, i absolutely loved the movie

vijay sethupathi is on a roll

mappi
6th October 2013, 05:06 PM
Baby character should be associated with Painter Rajendran & Pati Babu. Thus this triangle forms the basic plot which itself is a big joke. Gokul has kept several pacing in the film, the main one are VS, Bala & Baby. The 3 have thier own speed in naration, increasing the humor quotient. Then there comes the investigation part : Konnadhu Prakash Raj sir ! (see the problem with this film is that you cannot take a character and speak about it without mixing the others intervention - excellent)
So Baby - I personally found Soori-Baby Sadak Sadak scene a bit extended. Other than that right from the ring tone till the last dialogue of Raj =>
Ringtone : Naan Krishnan. Naan idhay solliya aganum.
Raj (weeping) : Inimey engrandhu sollradhu
the 3 character have accomplished in drawing out the humor quite effortlessly.

I do not know how you interpreted the movie, but I certainly has a feeling of the film being a spoof of itself. Not only that, it basically tries to be a spoof of the comedies today starting from Rajesh kind of intro till the joke-less one-liners which are taking the main stage these days. But not as wholly a spoof film as it has its own story track and all new characters. There is much much more .. another ex : Koffe with Kums !

Does RSMK post interval scene jumping the gate + the dialogue following, light-up a bulb ?

interz
6th October 2013, 07:22 PM
IABK - fun & serious

The versatile actor Vijay Sethupathihas proved his capabilities again, along with good cast like Ashwin, Nanditha, Swathi, Pasupathi, MS Baskar. I found Sooris character very irritating. His comedy wasnt necessary, when there are so many funny characters in the movie.

Vada Pochu and Prayer song are good, and doesnt spoil the pace of the movie. BGM music is apt for the movie. Good job by Siddarth Vippin.

The story is about two opposite characters, a reponsible guy and a wastrell who has nothing to than love (one side) and getting drunk. There are lot of twists, which gets solved in the climax. So you end up with a feel like everything is okay afterwards. Thers a social message too, which you will realize in climax. I didnt enjoy the movie Rowthiram by Gokul, but this one is better than his debut.

smaiitm
6th October 2013, 08:47 PM
Review in The Hindu http://goo.gl/w0yY3y
Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara: The booze brothers

And the law of averages catches up with Vijay Sethupathi. It was always going to be tough for the actor to find, yet again, something as buzz-worthy and as much of a zeitgeisty sensation as Pizza or Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom or Soodhu Kavvum — but at least Gokul’s Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara isn’t a lazy movie. It is, in fact, the opposite. There’s too much of everything — too much plot, too much mood, with three narrative strands infused with three unique sensibilities.

The track with ‘sumaar moonji’ Kumar (Vijay Sethupathi) slips between his present and his past — the former involving a local dada named Annachi (Pasupathy), the latter about Kumudha (Nandita), the girl-next-door whom Kumar stalks loves. The vibe here is that of those other Vijay Sethupathi movies — zesty and irreverent and suffused with some form of cinephilia. In the middle of a song sequence, we break into bits of nursery rhymes — Ding dong bell, puss is in the well — set to the tune of the Jaishankar hit, ‘Manam ennum medai mele’, which, in turn, was set to the tune of the Dev Anand hit ‘Sau saal pehle’. The second story zeroes in on Bala (Ashwin), a slacker sales-executive whose only interest is getting drunk with his friends. His angst about the difficulty in finding “cooling beer” in a TASMAC joint is hilarious, but otherwise, his escapades quickly become tiring. Here, the mood is tragicomedy.

We’re meant to laugh at Bala’s shenanigans and we’re meant, also, to feel for Bala’s plight — he has a sister whose wedding is going to be expensive, a girlfriend (Swati) who’s looking to take their relationship to the next level, and worse, an ugly plot contrivance to tackle when, in his inebriated state, he’s involved in an accident (which throws into peril the life of someone we’ve met barely a minute ago). And from there, it’s just a few steps to one of the deadly sins of moviemaking: a big, fat message, whose only silver lining is that it isn’t offensively hectoring. Heaven save us from filmmakers who seek to change the society around them through comedies. And the third scenario revolves around a big shot who’s knifed in that TASMAC joint, and it features the two characters who made me smile the most — a fanatical follower (Soori) of that big shot, and the big shot’s wife, a loony femme fatale with a fondness for oversized flowers and a tendency to speak as if auditioning for an erotic scene in a silent movie. The mood here is light, bordering on the surreal, and these scenes are funny because they aren’t enclosed in the emphatic quotation marks found everywhere else. Gokul wants us to know he’s an out-of-the-box thinker, so he hits every note hard, as if afraid we won’t notice. And yet, how radical is it, really, when the prelude to ‘Sundari neeyum’ is used in conjunction with a Malayali woman whose boss has fallen for her? Or when a light-hearted “prayer” song cuts away to a tearjerker scene at a hospital? Oh, I was also taken by the antics of a character called ‘Sound’ Shankar. That name is funnier than most of this movie.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Gokul

Cast: Vijay Sethupathi, Ashwin, Nandita

Storyline: Three storylines around a social message

Bottomline: Some mild laughs. Lots of tedium

mappi
7th October 2013, 01:41 AM
Review in The Hindu : Bottomline: Some mild laughs. Lots of tedium

Prend-u, love matter-u, peel aitapula, half sapta kool aiduvapula

interz
7th October 2013, 02:48 AM
In this movie Music Director Siddarth Vippin appears in a scene. You can try guess which scene it is. He appears on Prayer song official video.

He appears in one of the most funny scenes in the movie.

mappi
7th October 2013, 03:52 PM
Siddarth Vippin did a nice job with the BGM. Towards the end, he tunes the theme music Bollywood style, which promoted the intensity of the comedy. Like wise all the pieces he has put whole long of the film is quite supportive, and the theme playing during Annachi and SMK scenes are a very big highlight. Of coarse keeping silent during the Baby scenes is an excellent move.

interz, rose milk kudichi yosichalum kandu pidika mudiyala interz !

mappi
7th October 2013, 03:54 PM
Watch out for how Sound Shankar opens the pills bottle.

interz
7th October 2013, 05:12 PM
Hint: Koffee with Kums

uruzalari
7th October 2013, 05:37 PM
Hint: Koffee with Kums

I guess mappi has found the answer....the Rose Milk in his reply is the hint for the same :)

mappi
8th October 2013, 03:22 AM
Eyewitness identification : height sir, weight sir, white sir, tight sir

NOV
8th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Finally managed to watch... :thumbsup:
not your usual laugh a minute movie.. more an intelligent humourous look at several incidents over one night.

movie finished abruptly for me.. which is good.
director didnt want to spoon feed the audience. I liked the way several stories were not explained.

characterisation was excellent. vijay sethupathi is not the hero.. he is just one of the several characters

after K Balachander and Vasantha Balan, here is a director who brings each character alive

Raja, Robot Shankar, Suri, Baby, the police inspector, all do minor roles but leave big marks.
looks like V. Raghavan has become another lucky charm :)

Definitely a one time watch is not enough.

Dilbert
8th October 2013, 11:29 PM
Finally managed to watch... :thumbsup:
not your usual laugh a minute movie.. more an intelligent humourous look at several incidents over one night.

movie finished abruptly for me.. which is good.
director didnt want to spoon feed the audience. I liked the way several stories were not explained.

characterisation was excellent. vijay sethupathi is not the hero.. he is just one of the several characters

after K Balachander and Vasantha Balan, here is a director who brings each character alive

Raja, Robot Shankar, Suri, Baby, the police inspector, all do minor roles but leave big marks.
looks like V. Raghavan has become another lucky charm :)

Definitely a one time watch is not enough.

Kumudaaa - eppadi iruntha ne ipdi ayitea. Yes director didn't want to spoon fed. Becuase its a load of crap.
The most irritating movie by far this year. Vijay Sethupathi and his acting annoying :sigh2: He was ok in pizza. Not sure when will TFI realize that world is moving in another direction.

It was like watching headless chickens run! Good promotional movie for local wine shops. Its a crime to watch this nonsense even once.

NOV
9th October 2013, 07:30 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Idharkuthane_Aasaipattai_Balakumara_Poster.jpg

The first day had 90 - 100% occupancy in all theaters, collecting INR 3.5 crores and second day collection is INR 3.2 crore.Total 2 days collection is INR 6.7 crore.Also this movie has broken all previous records set by the Vijay Sethupathi and thus becoming his biggest opener till date. The average occupancy on first sunday marked about 80%.The film first week collection is INR 11.1 crore

Cinemarasigan
9th October 2013, 10:36 AM
Good promotional movie for local wine shops. Its a crime to watch this nonsense even once.

is it ?

Dilbert
10th October 2013, 07:54 AM
is it ?

Seriously , same old Bombay blood shit ! it has been atleast used in half dozen movies so far.Looks like Fascination for finding another RK is running wild in minds of Damil Audiences. TFI day by day its becoming like egmore fish market, new faces , new bases , new directors. It only increases the danger of people missing out on real deal in the name of giving new dalends a chance.

Seriously in last 3 months I saw quite few tamil movies , which is not even worth mentioning let alone watching them.

:Kumudhaa : Relevant Promoter :facepalm:

ajaybaskar
10th October 2013, 08:31 AM
Watched it atlast. Not in the league of NKPK or Soodhu Kavvum. But definitely watchable. You've got to give credit to VS for selecting different scripts each time and most importantly, succeeding with it. Also enjoyed watching Pasupathy after a long long time. Such a brillaint actor whom Tamil cinema wastes by casting him as a regular over the top villain.

NOV
10th October 2013, 08:36 AM
Ajay, I would rate VS films like this:

1. Pizza
2. Soodhu Kavvum
3. IDABK
4. NKPK

so yeah, its a great film... one of the best of this year.

svaisn
10th October 2013, 09:42 PM
is it ?

Yes... there was nothing new in the movie....
Watch it for
Vijay Sethupathy
Pasupathy
Funny moments here and there.....
Naan kadavul villan (few dialogs) was good....

Few episodes like that Baby and Sury was so irritating to even sit and watch.....! Ashwin and MSBaskar... trailer scenes mattum than nalla erunthuchu....
To an extent VS is being stereotyped he should try to come out.....! He moght become another Mirchi Shiva.... (But VS is a great actor...)

svaisn
10th October 2013, 09:43 PM

Robot Shankar enna panaan Nov in the movie??? Paavam :cry:

NOV
11th October 2013, 06:04 AM
Few episodes like that Baby and Sury was so irritating to even sit and watch.....! watch a few old Saroja Devi movies and you will enjoy... :p

Dilbert
11th October 2013, 07:45 AM
watch a few old Saroja Devi movies and you will enjoy... :p

:sigh2: publicity pannanam ok ! aadhukku ippadiya?

NOV
11th October 2013, 07:56 AM
There is no doubt that Vijay Sethupathi has become the most bankable star in Kollywood. And now his Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, directed by Gokul, has the cash registers ticking even after a week. Trade pundits have reported that the film has taken a phenomenal opening making it one of the biggest opening in Kollywood this year. The film also stars Ashwin Kakumanu, Swati and Nandita in lead roles. Siddharth Vipin is composing the music, cinematography is handled by Mahesh Muthuswamy.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/idharkuthane-aasaipattai-balakumara-gosses-big/73060/

Dilbert
11th October 2013, 08:20 AM
There is no doubt that Vijay Sethupathi has become the most bankable star in Kollywood. And now his Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, directed by Gokul, has the cash registers ticking even after a week. Trade pundits have reported that the film has taken a phenomenal opening making it one of the biggest opening in Kollywood this year. The film also stars Ashwin Kakumanu, Swati and Nandita in lead roles. Siddharth Vipin is composing the music, cinematography is handled by Mahesh Muthuswamy.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/idharkuthane-aasaipattai-balakumara-gosses-big/73060/

Trade Pundits .. yaar adhu ... Kumudhaa !! Dabba Dance padam. :yuck:

mappi
14th October 2013, 03:42 PM
"You don't have to be French to enjoy a decent red wine, but you do have to be French to recognize one"
Extract from a short story The Winepress by Josef Essberger.

The above quotes has nothing to do with nationalities, if that's what is going to boil you up. It basically interprets the conflict between one set of values against another set of values. Putting down a movie just because someone did not like it is not going to tamper the painting on the wall. The viewer passes on, but the painting rests on the wall for others to appreciate it.

Dilbert
14th October 2013, 10:13 PM
"You don't have to be French to enjoy a decent red wine, but you do have to be French to recognize one"

The above quotes has nothing to do with nationalities, if that's what is going to boil you up. It basically interprets the conflict between one set of values against another set of values. Putting down a movie just because someone did not like it is not going to tamper the painting on the wall. The viewer passes on, but the painting rests on the wall for others to appreciate it.

Well people don't pay money for viewing a "painting on the wall" on some street, whereas they pay to watch hyped up craps like this one. As I mentioned earlier , eagerness to support a budding actor is different from promoting a lousy movie as trend setter.

svaisn
14th October 2013, 11:58 PM

Very true:)

balaajee
16th October 2013, 12:24 PM
சுமார் மூஞ்சி குமாருக்கு காதலி செட் ஆகவில்லை. பாலாவுக்கு காதல் செட் ஆகவில்லை. இதற்குத்தானே ஆசைப்பட்டாய் 'பால-குமாரா’ என்று இருவரையும் அந்தக் களேபரக் காதல் 'தொம்சம்’ செய்வதே படம்!
வட சென்னை, ஒரு கொலை, சில மதுக் கடைகள், இரண்டு காதல்கள், ஒரு விபத்து, ஒரு முக்கோண 'கள்ளக்காதல்’... என சகட்டுமேனி 'மிக்ஸிங்’ கொண்ட கதையால் சிரிக்கச் சிரிக்க 'சியர்ஸ்’ சொல்கிறார் இயக்குநர் கோகுல்.
அட, பக்கா கமர்ஷியல் சினிமாவில் விஜய் சேதுபதி. ஆனால், ஜாலி கேடியாக செமத்தியாக ரசிக்கவைக்கிறார் மனுஷன். எந்த நேரமும் உற்சாக உதறலுடன், 'பட் குமுதா ஹேப்பி அண்ணாச்சி’ என்று சீன் போடும்போதெல்லாம் பின்னி எடுக்கிறார். அண்ணாச்சி கோஷ்டியை லவ் டார்ச்சர் செய்தபிறகு 'கும்மு’ வாங்குவதும், நடு ராத்திரியில் சரக்குக் கிடைக்காமல் அண்ணாச்சி கடை வாசலிலேயே நிற்கும்போது விசாரிக்கும் ரோபோ சங்கரிடம், 'ஒண்ணுமில்லியே’ என்று ஜகா வாங்குவதுமாக... படம் முழுக்க பட்டாசு கிளப்பிட்ட குமாரு!

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/10/zjexod/images/p8.jpgசில நிமிடங்கள்தான் என்றாலும் 'சுகர் பேஷன்ட்’ அண்ணாச்சியாக பசுபதி... காமெடி வெடி. டாம் அண்ட் ஜெர்ரி காதலர்களாக அஸ்வின், ஸ்வாதி நச். 'ஹவுஸிங் போர்டு’ அழகியாக அலட்டல் மிரட்டலில் நந்திதா... ஆசம்... ஆசம்! கள்ளக்காதலுக்காக கொலைசெய்யும் ராஜேந்திரன், வினோத் முன்னா, மைத்துனனை கரெக்ட் செய்யும் மதுமிதா, 'சிங்கத்தைச் சாய்ச்சுட்டாங்க’ என்று சலம்பும் சூரி, 'அண்ணே லவ் மேட்டர்ல ஃபீல் ஆகிட்டாப்ல... ஆஃப் அடிச்சாருன்னா கூல் ஆகிருவாப்ல’ என்று கதிகலங்கும் 'ரொம்ப சுமார் மூஞ்சி குமார்’ டேனியல், மல்லு மேனேஜர் எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கர், 'நல்ல ஃப்ரெஷ்ஷா இருக்குஜி... இன்னொரு தடவை சொல்லுங்க’ என்று லிப்லாக் போடும் முருகானந்தம்... என ஒவ்வொரு கேரக்டரும், அடி தூள்!
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/10/zjexod/images/p8a.jpg'அழகான பெண்ணைக் காதலிக்கிறதும், சேல்ஸ் எக்ஸிக்யூடிவ்வா இருக்கிறதும் ரிஸ்க்கான வேலை. நான் ரெண்டுமே பண்றேன்’, 'நான் கை ஆட்டுறதை அப்பவே நிப்பாட்டிட்டேன். ஆனா, இன்னும் ஆடிட்டு இருக்கு பாரு’ - சின்னச் சின்ன வசனங்களில்கூட கிச்சுக்கிச்சு மூட்டுகிறது கோகுல்- கார்க்கியின் வசனங்கள். 'என் வீட்டில்...’, 'ஏனென்றால்...’ பாடல்களில் ரசிக்கவைக்கும் சித்தார்த் விபின், 'ப்ரேயர் ஸாங்’கில் சிரிக்கவைக்கிறார்.
படம் முழுக்க குவார்ட்டர், டாஸ்மாக், கொலை, கள்ளக்காதல் என்று ராவடி செய்துவிட்டு, இறுதியில் ரத்ததானம், மது எதிர்ப்பு மெசேஜ் சொல்வதெல்லாம், குறும்புஜி!
இடைவேளைக்குப் பிந்தைய ரோலர் கோஸ்டர் காமெடிக்காக, இந்தப் பாலகுமாரனுக்கு ஆசைப்பட்டு 'லைக்’ கொடுக்கலாம்!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 12:15 PM
Yes... there was nothing new in the movie....
Watch it for
Vijay Sethupathy
Pasupathy
Funny moments here and there.....

Few episodes like that Baby and Sury was so irritating to even sit and watch.....!

Agreed

Dilbert
21st October 2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/videos/45670.html

selvamohankumar
4th November 2013, 10:42 AM
Liked this movie, no idea why it was average

geno
9th November 2013, 08:40 PM

Haha! Well i do think a Lil bit of Madras paiyan is required to fully enjoy the IABK!

1) Vijay Sethupathi rocks! (the scene where he is on the Lap of the roadside Aya thadavifying her thAvangattai!!)
2) "Fresh-a irukku ji...Fresh Piece...unga Speaker-a en kAthula vachi sollittE vAnga... "
3) "friend-e, love failure-e, feel aitaple, oru half adicha cool aiduvapla"
4) Vijay sethupathi - urinating on the road side, " (imitating Rajini) edutha sabatham mudippEn kalangathE..kumudhA unakku vAzhvu kudppEn kalangathE...idhu nyaayan aniyaam...dei dappi inga orEy OnAnA irukku.bayamairukkuduA" - :LOL:
5) Those 2 Tasmac gentlemen! - "pAthA Bank officer mAri irukkAru" (Rajendiran reaction is aweeeeesomeeeeeee!)
6) Even those 2 Tasmac gentlemen have played a rioting role!
7) Witness "senjathu periya kai sir! prakashraj!"
8) another witness "..avan..avlO vellaiyum illai..karuppum illai.." :LOL:
9) Rajendran the painter to Baby on the phone (Singing from vinnai thaandi varuvaaya): "..Araaaamaleeeee"
10) Rajendran to patti babu (after they steal SM kumar's mobile): "semma moolakAranbA nee"

My top 3:

1) Rajendiran
2) Kumudha anbe kumudhaa ring tone!
3) Vijay Sethupathi ("yArai ellAm kApathanum..Full list kudu")

Rasikan Happy! :)

kumarsr
9th November 2013, 11:16 PM
Summar movie but not garbage. It seemed as though pre-requisite for actors in the movie was that they should not shave or shower for 15 days. It did not have the freshness in script like SK, which was definitely one of a kind. But films like these do mark a (positive) trend in other ways

Shanker
10th November 2013, 07:09 AM
I don't know why this movie didn't get much reception. It came out along with Naiyaandi and Vanakkam Chennai. Those two just seem too polished and clean for me. This was more down to earth and raw. Watched it here in Singapore and the cinema was empty. 2 weeks later, it was shown on the local channel for Deepavali. Compared to movies like Ethir Neechal, I enjoyed this more. The only part I disliked was the Ashwin Kakumanu's backstory. It was long and not very interesting and also had a speed breaker in terms of a duet.