PDA

View Full Version : Pizza II - Villa.......!

NOV
2nd September 2013, 09:04 AM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1150280_465682373539762_970505909_n.jpg

Starring : Ashok Selvan, Sanchita Shetty
Music by : Santhosh Narayanan
Cinematography : Deepak Kumar Padhy
Editing by : Leo John Paul
Directed by : Deepan Chakravarthy
Produced by : C.V. Kumar
Written by : Deepan Chakravarthy
Studio : Thirukumaran Entertainment
Distributed by : Sun Pictures

Pizza II : Villa is a sequel to Pizza. It begins from a particular point in Pizza, and is shot entirely in Puducherry. The filming commenced on 17 April and was completed in May 2013. The music of the movie will be launched on September 2.

NOV
2nd September 2013, 09:07 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1157654_169455306571371_1971310188_n.jpg

mappi
2nd September 2013, 03:53 PM
Villa-ve oru week-end-ku book pannuvom !

Nov, Isn't Vaibhav still part of this movie ?

Dinesh84
2nd September 2013, 03:55 PM

NOV
2nd September 2013, 04:59 PM
Nov, Isn't Vaibhav still part of this movie ?No mappu, he was replaced by the SK guy.

mappi
2nd September 2013, 06:11 PM
Oh, OK. Missed that news. Will watch out for Ashok Selvan.

NOV
2nd September 2013, 06:38 PM
Nice to see exposure and opportunities for new talents.... hope this is as good as the original..

mappi
2nd September 2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah - as we had discussed "somewhere here" the trailer is impressive.

A thought : How wonderful it would be if VS accepts to do a cameo and delivers a pizza to the Villa for a scene !

NOV
2nd September 2013, 07:01 PM
How wonderful it would be if VS accepts to do a cameo and delivers a pizza to the Villa for a scene !You should be writing for the movies, man :)

NOV
2nd September 2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3CwdSlHG-w

Brianengab
2nd September 2013, 07:14 PM
Track list..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTKONnICMAAYo4_.jpg:large

mappi
4th September 2013, 01:46 PM
PA PA => Pisasu Padal (English title vaikanum-na : I saw a Ghost)

Rock chumma Rocking ! Santosh Narayanan pondhu vilai-adi irrukurar. Some sort of reply to Rajesh Murugesan's Angel Short film score.

And my "Gana Bala" Playlist is filiing up quite quickly. "Dhinakutha" to "Pa Pa" => Kalakal

By the way, any info on the lyricist Ganesh Kumar B ?

mappi
6th September 2013, 07:02 PM
This weekend you got a chance to visit the haunted "VILLA"

Villa Movie Songs (Tamil : 2013)
Music : Santhosh Narayanan
spl. mention : Lyricist Ganesh Kumar B

"We are making a "Ghost" movie."
2 mark question - Define Pisasu in 4 lines :

Vaazhvum karaithu anubavam tholaithu
piravi payanai thedi pidungida
kuruthi mazhaiyil sotta nanaindhu
unarchi illaa ulagam padaikkiraen

"Music please, that has to be melodious, at the same time haunting" => Villa Movie Sound Track

As they wish to mark the movie as Pizza II, the songs come under the same roof. Santhosh Narayanan begins from where he left, just that he has improvised a lot on drawing in the melody with some astonishing chilling effects which clearly potrays Villa. By-heart the tunes, you are all ready to experience Villa Visuals. The most advantageous aspect of the album is its shortness. Each song / tune is too small that difinetly increases the thrist making a need to quench by listening to them once again. Not only the opening are note worthy, the hallowness the end notes bringout is a major plus. There are in total 6 pieces in the album with various sub-genres that start from mysterious and ends with suspense without deviating from the main which is obviously the scare factor. There are 4 songs with lyrics, 1 theme music and finaly an instrumental.

1/ Boomiyil :
If you liked "Moga Thirai", here is a chance to rethink. This song is like calling a "2 heroes subject" - the guitar and the vocals fight with each other. And then the melody and the violin comes as plesant twists. I allow you to breathe in all the wonderful words that sync with the rythm just like the waters caressing the rocks while flowing. Quite fluid and plesant.

2/ Disco Women
The beauty of the song is not only the vocals (I adore the way she sings "Woman"), but the entire sound setup. Its neither a try on long lost Disco music nor in reproducing it, but this is a pure Disco those which topped the charts in the 80s (Remember Billboard !). Talking about disco and how its related to Ghosts (a funny comparison) - Disco music is like a "Pei Attam". An external forces takes over you which make you do those movements those which are strange ... LoL. How can one forget "Jimmy Jimmy" from Disco Dancer. Similarly, this song has all those sounds and breaks which is not only charming but brings back "old-memories".

3/ Kannum Gnyanam
Save some ears for the opening. Then take a walk with the hums. Thats what I was talking about in the intro - "melody with some astonishing chilling effects". They have largely suceeded in bringing in the depth from the vocals - many may disagree with me, but S Janaki can bring that quite naturally. Here not only the singer but with the help of all the technology avancements, they have recorded this song that brings out quite voluntarly the concept in question.

4/ Pa Pa
Santhosh Narayanan is getting more perfect during his journey in TFI. Actually the english lyrics should have been vocaly more violent, if you follow the strict rules of Rock. But whether "our" audience would understand it. So he comes up with a beautiful blend, that could satisfy any Rock Music lover as well as enjoyed by anyone who has an immense interest in music. The lead guitar is simply superb which follows thouroughly the vocals of Gana Bala. And the Humming followed by the "batterie" (drum kit) is a pure "head-banging-experience". The only regret I had was with the Bass - 2 or 3 threads more would have been smashing, but hey I am not a composor and after what Santosh has given, asking anything more is punishable by Judge Dreed.

5/ The Villa (Theme Music)
By the time you journey through the album, you will be almost familar with the theme music, as its an item largely used in most of the pieces. But, having a seperate track for it using an orchestra stamps the theme a permanent place in any OST playlist.

6/ Varaipadam
Its a ballad between the keys and strings. Just like any IR masterpiece (please listen to How to Name or Nothing but wind), this melody focuses very well on breathing. Certainly at a point of time you have an immense fulfilment in your lungs, thats the point where the sounds have completely taken you over. A piece to experience.

The creativity behind the music has to be appreciated. It has to be shared with Deepan. Right from the poster (like I had said before, symetry cannot be dismissed in them. Take the Lighthouse one, oneside sea, the other side land and note the artwork + add the creepy hand thats crawling => amazing. Same with the paintbrugh and the type writer posters), so right from the posters to the music, the team has assembled together few interesting brains. From this point, I can predict that if the "fear factor" is quite measured and surplus in Villa, its a movie to look out for.

Villa Album : Embracing Dhigil (Fear)

PS : Please listen to the songs on a good sound system. Eventhough I hate to talk this way, but at times there comes a work where there is more exictement than appreciations. At these time I feel obliged to ask you to please listen to the songs on a good sound system and avoid using laptops or youtube links. Villa on a good sound system allows you to take in all the new sound items integrated within through a master recording technics and during each listen changes the listening experience drastically. Thanks.

Brianengab
14th September 2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-8Zr8I9W-8I

mappi
16th September 2013, 08:18 PM
"Antha Oudu Venna sir" (@1m42s) : Good luck to you Kali, nice to see you again on big screen.

"Painting Pei" Trailer super. Just saw it in "max volume". The crow's caw-la irrunthu Pa pa paba varrikum super-a panni iruganga.
By the by, who is "Stunts 'Billa' Jagan" (@1m24s).

Arvind Srinivasan
17th September 2013, 02:03 AM
Kind off getting addicted to Kaanum Gnyaanam- an arresting piece with an equally arresting voice. Coming to the movie, one film that set the bar for ghost thrillers was 'The Shining'. Apart from the spooks, it had an undercurrent of themes and motfis that ran across the movie giving a lot of food for thought. And the reason I am bringing the Kubrik classic here is the obvious similarities between the protagonists. Both of them struggling writers, forced to get into a place they dont want to be. I am presuming a lot of things about the movie. But lets just see as to what aspects the film touches upon. Another intriguing thing that I noticed was the extensive use of orange/yellow.Its pretty apparent in the trailer itself. Wonder how they would put it use in the film. Any idea as to when the movie is releasing.

uruzalari
20th September 2013, 01:35 PM
Movie to release on Oct 2 along with Idharku Thaane Aasaipattai Balakumara.....

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/2901/pizza-2-the-villa-release-date

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd September 2013, 10:11 AM
Boomiyil- Another song that's got me hooked. Quite a synchrony between the vocals, the guitar and the lyrics especially at ' Unadhariginil uyir urigidum bodhu muga oliyinil endhan iravugal neelum' and 'iru vizhigalum puthu kavithaigal paadum nizhal padkikkaiyil thinnam urnagida naanum' . Another winner from Pradeep. Hope he keeps up the good work.

19thmay
23rd September 2013, 01:05 PM
Directed by : Deepan Chakravarthy

Thiruchi Loganathan's son? I hope not :lol2:

Roshan
23rd September 2013, 01:08 PM
Thiruchi Loganathan's son? I hope not :lol2:

Did you see my pms?

19thmay
23rd September 2013, 01:08 PM
Is it the second tamil sequel horror movie after Nalaya/Adhisaya manithan? Btw how it can be considered as a sequel when none of the actors in Pizza-I is here in this? Can a different director give the same flavor? Lets see..

mappi
23rd September 2013, 03:35 PM
That’s quite an interesting question(s) 19thmay.

Well even though I do not have track on TFI sequels, I can add Muni/Kanchana too.

Just a brief note on Sequels : Sequel is a very large "word" that’s systematically used (quite often) to all the films that follows another work. There are numerous kinds of sequels, knowing which you can find answers to your questions. Let’s not go into detail all the type of sequels but just take a few with examples (I got to use Hollywood movie names for examples due to limitations in TFI - kindly bear with me).

To start - Simple Sequel : Evil Dead 1 & 2, Adhisaya Manidhan / Nalaya Manidhan - carries on from where the other one left.
The quite famous sequel is the "series" : Halloween, Hellraiser etc., - A set of movies based on the main characters and theme.

(There are much more complications when we talk about films like Child's play, Nightmare in Elm street etc., as the threequel and further on, introduces to new character and entirely different universes but still keeping the evil alive. Other sequel genres come into play while talking about these movies. Let not take a walk there, as its quite confusing and by the end of the day a question lingers in everyone's mind "Should we really care about it" ... LoL. Just like to finish it with the disastrous Die Hard sequel / series)

My POV differs :

1/ Some consider Remake as a sequel. Billa 1980 & Billa 2007 ! Well I allow you to debate on it if you wish. My stand is - No, remake cannot & should not be a part of a sequel genre.
2/ Difference between simple sequel / Series : As long as the character and events rests the same (like LotR or Lethal Weapon or Kill Bill or Singam) its a sequel to me. If the plot (ex. an evil) is the same but on a completely different universe (like Friday 13th, or Hell raiser 1-13) rests a series for me.

Main Point - concerns Villa :

Spiritual successor / Companion piece / Stand-alone sequels / Parallels : (farfetched example Muni/Kanchana)
This is what interests us with respect to Villa. Its Pizza 2, but named Villa - so it’s a spiritual successor, means it will not be called Pizza 2 but has entirely a new title. It becomes a Companion piece as it has its own plot, but shares the basic theme of Pizza.

Two interesting streams of sequels cannot be dismissed : Stand-alone sequels & Parallels : Even though Parallels are quite often considered as prequels, mostly it’s an event or a character's sketch pointed out in detail that could have happened or was happening during the 1st part. In villa the climax Pei maybe the subplot of Villa, who knows ?!?

As the name suggests, stand-alone sequel has nothing do with the previous movie but maybe attached to the same productions houses or script writers, so they just have a minute connection with the Part 1. In any of such cases, the theme is already registered with the audience. So it’s not necessary to have the same cast and crew. But at any point of time a Director / team does not affect a Sequel as only the theme, characters and the registration the earlier movie had done are considered. It does not matter who assembled it.

Once Villa is released (and if I liked it), I will talk more in detail about what stream Villa has taken.

balaajee
23rd September 2013, 03:53 PM
That’s quite an interesting question(s) 19thmay.

Well even though I do not have track on TFI sequels, I can add Muni/Kanchana too.

Just a brief note on Sequels : Sequel is a very large "word" that’s systematically used (quite often) to all the films that follows another work. There are numerous kinds of sequels, knowing which you can find answers to your questions. Let’s not go into detail all the type of sequels but just take a few with examples (I got to use Hollywood movie names for examples due to limitations in TFI - kindly bear with me).

To start - Simple Sequel : Evil Dead 1 & 2, Adhisaya Manidhan / Nalaya Manidhan - carries on from where the other one left.
The quite famous sequel is the "series" : Halloween, Hellraiser etc., - A set of movies based on the main characters and theme.

(There are much more complications when we talk about films like Child's play, Nightmare in Elm street etc., as the threequel and further on, introduces to new character and entirely different universes but still keeping the evil alive. Other sequel genres come into play while talking about these movies. Let not take a walk there, as its quite confusing and by the end of the day a question lingers in everyone's mind "Should we really care about it" ... LoL. Just like to finish it with the disastrous Die Hard sequel / series)

My POV differs :

1/ Some consider Remake as a sequel. Billa 1980 & Billa 2007 ! Well I allow you to debate on it if you wish. My stand is - No, remake cannot & should not be a part of a sequel genre.
2/ Difference between simple sequel / Series : As long as the character and events rests the same (like LotR or Lethal Weapon or Kill Bill or Singam) its a sequel to me. If the plot (ex. an evil) is the same but on a completely different universe (like Friday 13th, or Hell raiser 1-13) rests a series for me.

Main Point - concerns Villa :

Spiritual successor / Companion piece / Stand-alone sequels / Parallels : (farfetched example Muni/Kanchana)
This is what interests us with respect to Villa. Its Pizza 2, but named Villa - so it’s a spiritual successor, means it will not be called Pizza 2 but has entirely a new title. It becomes a Companion piece as it has its own plot, but shares the basic theme of Pizza.

Two interesting streams of sequels cannot be dismissed : Stand-alone sequels & Parallels : Even though Parallels are quite often considered as prequels, mostly it’s an event or a character's sketch pointed out in detail that could have happened or was happening during the 1st part. In villa the climax Pei maybe the subplot of Villa, who knows ?!?

As the name suggests, stand-alone sequel has nothing do with the previous movie but maybe attached to the same productions houses or script writers, so they just have a minute connection with the Part 1. In any of such cases, the theme is already registered with the audience. So it’s not necessary to have the same cast and crew. But at any point of time a Director / team does not affect a Sequel as only the theme, characters and the registration the earlier movie had done are considered. It does not matter who assembled it.

Once Villa is released (and if I liked it), I will talk more in detail about what stream Villa has taken.

Mappi you answered an essay question...

uruzalari
24th September 2013, 12:48 PM
Release pushed......

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/2926/pizza-2-the-villa-film-release-postponed

SenGOEk
4th November 2013, 02:05 PM
Pizza II release date confirmed on Nov 14th..

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-pizza2-and-rummy-release-dates-confirmed-november-14-04-11-133768.htm

SenGOEk
8th November 2013, 09:37 AM
Kollywood Cinema @KollywudCinema
#Villa #Pizza2 releasing with subtitles & running time is 103 mins.Will be edge of seat gripping thriller

SenGOEk
8th November 2013, 10:16 AM
SIMoviesUSA @SIMoviesUSA
#TheVilla #Pizza2 USA release by @PrimeMediaUS on 11/14.One of the most expected sequel.

viDolebot
8th November 2013, 01:48 PM
Its not a sequel. Director has said this already. Just to make it more reachable, they have made it pizza 2 with pizza being successful

leosimha
9th November 2013, 10:02 AM
Its not a sequel. Director has said this already. Just to make it more reachable, they have made it pizza 2 with pizza being successful

yes. they are trying to cash in on the popularity of the movie Pizza :)

Dilbert
9th November 2013, 10:05 AM
yes. they are trying to cash in on the popularity of the movie Pizza :)

Its like saying "Superman II" without superman wearing brief over his pants!. First one was an unexpected interesting plot, hope they have something special for even this installment.

balaajee
11th November 2013, 11:34 AM
Booking started...

mappi
14th November 2013, 03:45 PM
Released thru Anna Films here on 16/11 [will be watching it this weekend]

http://www.aannafilms.fr/movies/p2/villa2.jpg

uruzalari
14th November 2013, 03:50 PM
Not Scary but interesting. Also refreshing that the running time is 1 hr and 42 mins.

mappi
14th November 2013, 03:54 PM
I just put a question in the Films thread, I will ask it here :

Not Scary but interesting. Also refreshing that the running time is 1 hr and 42 mins.

Just curious - how are the bgm & songs + did you note anything on the "symmetric" and "yellow tone" factors (as seen in the trailers) ?
Those are the aspects I am looking forward in the film, got to be an interesting watch.

uruzalari
14th November 2013, 04:13 PM
Songs are very crisp and part of the narrative. The other things that you ask am embarrassed :) that I do not get it clearly. The story moves forward based on some paintings found inside the Villa. These pictures and the walls that they were hanging on probably had the yellow tone.

mappi
14th November 2013, 04:41 PM
Oh ! don't worry about that, it could be that I was not that clear too.

Well you see the poster and certain visuals in the trailer were embedded with symmetric aspects. Ex. the leading lady standing before the butterfly, the gate, some paintings etc. Symmetric visuals are quite rare in TFI. It increases the aesthetic approach to narrative, and this is where the newbies shine in TFI, all new ideas.

And for the color tone, I am referring to Aravind's take on the trailer (which I agree too) in post #16 :
"Another intriguing thing that I noticed was the extensive use of orange/yellow. Its pretty apparent in the trailer itself. Wonder how they would put it use in the film."

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th November 2013, 05:40 PM
Just one doubt. Does the plot bear similarity to Haunted Hindi film ?

uruzalari
14th November 2013, 11:05 PM
Just one doubt. Does the plot bear similarity to Haunted Hindi film ?

Just googled and saw the plot of Haunted....not similar

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th November 2013, 10:30 PM
Just googled and saw the plot of Haunted....not similar

Oh Thanks dude... The teaser with someone playing piano & etc reminded me alot of hindi haunted. That's why was curious to know.

mappi
17th November 2013, 10:49 PM
Pizza II : Villa is about deception or not, it certainly deceived me. Could have kept silent, but just wish to finish off the discussion that we had about the movie. We will look at 4 things : the extensive use of Orange, the symmetry in visuals, a note on it being a sequel to Pizza and finally about the movie itself.

The plot of the movie is about good energy and evil energy. They are everywhere. So you got Bad energy which is associated to Red color - danger or wrath. Then you have good energy which is associated to Yellow - joy and sunshine. As the movie is about these two, Deepan has carefully embedded Orange in his visuals - Red x Yellow = Orange. Orange is everywhere in the movie as are the energies. But orange takes its dark or lighter shades as and when the movie gets dark or light. Good people with yellow and bad people with red (clue : 1st quarrel between Kali and his elder brother). Likewise Deepan craves for our attention to note them inside the living room of the Villa. You can also see the vast usage of these colors in the various paintings depicting the gravity of the events as described in the art form. Deepan scores very high here.

As explained by the "paranormal-detective" good energy and evil energy co-exists, thus forming a symmetry, each one taking a prominent side. Only in the villa, the evil overshadows the good energy. To explain this, Deepan used the decors inside the villa. Even while showing bulbs, he picks 2 bulbs which are nearby but each on the adjacent walls. Add in the keys, vases, chandiliers etc. More interestingly the paintings and the events are symmetry - like a mirror image. Here again Deepan scores high.

Pizza II : Villa is "Companion piece" sort of sequel. Meaning it has its own plot but shares the theme of Pizza. The climax releaves a same sort of act but the end showcases the deception or being trapped in the outcome of one's very own action. Simply put the hunter being hunted. For Pizza series its not hunted but haunted. This is where Pizza and Villa meet. I personally found the end of Villa more compelling and believable than Pizza.

About the movie Pizza II : Villa
If you
1/ wish to laugh at the pop corns spraying out of you girlfriends hands
2/ its okay Max (your dog) you can sleep here with me tonight
3/ think that you see images in the dark but not when the lights are on (that's weird)

this movie is not on these lines. Simply put not scary. Why this build up is just to make a point how Deepan confused himself is bringing out a psychological angle over a paranormal activity. So things happen on one side, and the hero has a secret which drives him to go to the end of the matters. Deepan flips between these two and the viewer just sits and gazes the wonderful visuals. Then the viewer watches the end and walks out thinking there is a third installment. He can be unhappy for more than one thing, the cameo guy is the hero of the third installment - I am not buying it. The whole vibe of supernatural events are missing, and you see only, yet another time, the objects flying randomly everywhere. Deepan carefully messes up with science and superstitions. You can have a few laughs with those scientific explanations which are rushed thru. Its like a cake throw : surprise, here you go, Blam!

But I liked the basic plot. The premises for the movie is good too. Deepan had carefully explained the 3 generation of transfer beginning from poetries, continuing it in the painting, embedding it in the novels and finally into a film (Can be said that its the prequel to Ringu movie - whoever watches this "cameo guy's" film will die in 7 minutes). Another interesting factor is the background score. The first time when the theme music is introduced and as the title cards were blinking, the ambiance it creates is extraordinary. But sadly it stopped there. But the BGM was very intense throughout the movie that it keeps you engaged. Santosh energetically punctuates the darkest moments well assisted by the visuals or vice versa - on the whole they go hand in hand. But the performance of the lead, Ashok Selvan, does not support it. Can't blame him, as mentioned, Deepan did not give him the real scope. It seems quite clear that Ashok is clueless to what should be running in the character's mind. A crime novelist is in a deadliest situation that not only his life is getting tossed but there are objects flying around him in his living room - all he can do is check whether his beard is trimmed properly. Over makeup takes away the depth of Sanchita Shetty character. She seems to be a smiling glam doll at the most life turning situation. Kali gets a special mention, sincerely hope he gets more such roles - excellent expressions and delivery.

Finally the whole Villa back-story reminded me of the short film "Oru Vettula Pei" by Nalan. The white ghosts, or memories according to Deepan, walking around was quite funny and artificial. No wonder Danush slit his throat in the movie Three.

The movie easily gets into my record as "Would have been enthralling as a novel"

Pizza II : Villa - An extraordinary tale told ordinarily

mappi
18th November 2013, 07:54 PM
Funniest moment is when Ashok having a burger in the movie Pizza II. Please care to note it.

balaajee
25th November 2013, 03:39 PM
வில்லா - சினிமா விமர்சனம்நெகட்டிவ் எனர்ஜி சூழ்ந்திருக்கும் வில்லன் 'வில்லா’!
மறைந்த தன் அப்பாவுக்குச் சொந்தமான, யாரும் பயன்படுத்தாத ஒரு பங்களாவுக்கு (வில்லா) குடி வருகிறார் நாவலாசிரியர் அஷோக். அங்கே அவரது வாழ்க்கையில் நடந்த சம்பவங்களும், நடக்கவிருக்கும் சம்பவங்களும் ஓவியங்களாக வரையப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன. அதில் அஷோக் தன் காதலியைக் கொல்வது போலவும், எரியும் வில்லாவுக்குள் சிக்கி அஷோக் இறப்பது போலவும் திடுக் ஓவியங்களும் இருக் கின்றன. வில்லா ஓவியங்கள் வாழ்க்கை யில் வரிசையாக நிஜமாக, அஷோக் தப்பித்தாரா என்பதே க்ளைமாக்ஸ்!
ஒன்லைனாகக் கேட்பதற்கும், கதையாகச் சொல்வதற்கும் எவ்வளவு சுவாரஸ்யமாக இருக்கிறது? ஆனால், அந்த சுவாரஸ்ய திகிலை காட்சிகளில் ஏற்றாமல், கதையை விளக்குகிறேன் என்று பேசிப் பேசியே கடுப்ஸ் கிளப்புகிறார்கள்.
ஓவியங்கள் ஒளிந்திருக்கும் அறையை அஷோக் கண்டுபிடிப்பதும், அந்த க்ளைமேக்ஸ் திருப்பமும் மட்டுமே அறிமுக இயக்குநர் தீபன் ஸ்கோர் செய்யும் இடங்கள். ஒரு திகில் பேய்ப் படத்தில் முதல் 20 நிமிடங்கள் கதைக்குள்ளே வராமல், காரணங்களை மட்டும் அடுக்கிக்கொண்டிருந்தால் எப்படி பாஸ்?
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/11/mzniod/images/p13.jpgஒரு நாவலாசிரியர் கெட்டப்புக்கு, எப்போதும் உம்மென்றே இருக்கும் அஷோக் செல்வன் ஓ.கே-தான். ஆனால், தன் வாழ்க்கையில் பேரழிவுகள் நடக்க இருக்கின்றன என்று தெரிந்த பிறகும் அப்படியே ரியாக்ஷன் காட்டினால் எப்படி? பரமனுக்கு மரணபயத்தைக் காட்டியிருக்க வேண்டாமா?
சஞ்சிதா ஷெட்டி, திகில் பட அழகியாக வந்து போகிறார். படத்தில் மைக்ரோ கேரக்டரில் வந்தாலும் இயல்பாக ஈர்க்கிறார் 'பொன்ராம்’ காளி. வாழ்ந்துகெட்ட சோகத்தைச் சொல்லும்போதும், 'சண்டைனா சாதாரண சண்டை இல்லைங்க... மூணு நாலு தடவை என்னைக் கொல்லவே வந்துட்டான்’ என்று மிரளும்போதும், 'அந்த வில்லாவை வாங்கிராதீங்க’ என்று அஷோக்கைக் கெஞ்சும்போதும் பயம், ஈரம், பரிதாபம் என்று கலந்துகட்டி அசத்துகிறார்.
வில்லாவின் அசாதாரண நிகழ்வுகளை அடுக்கி அலறவைக்காமல், பாசிட்டிவ் எனர்ஜி, நெகட்டிவ் எனர்ஜி, கோயில், திருநீறு, ஜே.ஜே.தாம்சன் எஃபெக்ட் என்று அறிவியல்பூர்வ விளக்கங்களை இவ்வளவு லெக்சர் அடித்திருக்க வேண்டுமா? பேய் படம் என்று முடிவான பின்னர், அந்த லாஜிக் விளக்கங்கள் எதற்கு பாஸ்?
'ஹலோ வில்லாங்களா... பேய் எப்போ சார் வரும்?’ என்று கேட்கவைக்கிறது பெரும் திருப்பம் இல்லாத திரைக்கதை.
இருளும் நிழலுமான ஒளிப்பதிவு மூலம் முடிந்தவரை திகில் கூட்ட மெனக்கெடுகிறது தீபக் குமார் பதியின் ஒளிப்பதிவு. சந்தோஷ் நாராயணனின் பின்னணி இசையில் டெரர் டெம்போ!
க்ளைமாக்ஸ் திகிலை படம் முழுக்கக் கொண்டுவந்திருந்தால், நல்லா வந்திருக்கும் இந்த வில்லா!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

Arragesh
25th November 2013, 03:59 PM
Watched this movie last week thought of writing review but somehow not so interested to do so[That is exactly what i feel about the movie]

- Felt as if that this movie trying to take Theory classes about Ghost/Negative energy..They haven't concentrated on bringing in strong clarity on the so called twist.
- But movie is technically far brilliant should say abt Santhosh Narayanan,He is Magician creates fantastic mood about the scene just that he could have under-played a lil when charc speak

hattori_hanzo
27th December 2013, 12:42 PM
Ananda Vikadan's review a bit too biased. Why would they reveal the climax in the very first line of a review? And some of the scientific reasons quoted by the guy, Devanesan are quite interesting. Yeah, a bit too hurried as pointed by mappi.

The movie is watchable and fairly engrossing with a running time of 1 hr and 40 mins. But as a horror movie, the only difference I find between Villa and others is, they called it 'Pei/Bhootham' and in Villa the director puts them all under one roof - Negative Energy. It doesnt make a difference at all. We still see the same billi soonyam, aavi, things flying here and there. Many scenes reminded me of 'Ananthapurathu Veedu'.

Santhosh Narayanan :thumbsup: I'm still humming the haunting background score. 'Ponram' Kali, who appears in 2 scenes is so expressive. Ashok Selvan' character is annoying. He is so good that he would kill himself in order to save his girlfriend, but when his friend stops him from telling the truth to Kali, he would keep mum :huh:

Certain things were funny - Bad CGI, Jebin's friend's overacting, Nasser wearing the same suit in all his scenes, vibhoothi-kungumam-vecha publisher rejecting Jebin's story and Periyar-photo-maattina publisher accepting it happily.

The climax is interesting & unpredictable, as in Pizza. But if they don't make a sequel with S.J.Surya as 'The Director', there's no point in including him in the climax, and that too a prolonged blurred visual.

hattori_hanzo
27th December 2013, 12:46 PM
Funniest moment is when Ashok having a burger in the movie Pizza II. Please care to note it.

Yeah mappi, saw the scene. Whats so funny? Idhu Pizza illa, burger-nu solraangala?

mappi
28th December 2013, 05:00 PM
Hattori Hanzo,

Yes. IMO they want to say that eventhough they are junk foods, there is a difference ... LoL

Well you see, the film makers often induce something quite serious or light hearted in their films. Some :

1/ use it in their narrative, even if you miss it, its not going to spoil your viewership, but noting it, you will be amazed. (ex. Fight Club, Momentum)
2/ salute their friendship (Indiana Jones & Starwars)
3/ to provoke curiosity or fun (Man of Steel - Superman destroying Wayne Enterprise Satellite)
4/ who take up things seriously (Matrix - Agent Smith car number plate is IS5416 which corresponds to Isaiah 54:16 which talks the creation of a coal "smith")

In Pizza II : Villa - its anything between points 2 & 3. And I kind-off found it funny and its rather a rare affair in TFI. Often we directly make a spoof of ourselves but hidden messages like these are quite healthy.