:rotfl: :rotfl:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th October 2013, 09:37 AM
R Ashwin 2 0 41 0 20.50

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Severe Damage :lol:

CEDYBLUE
11th October 2013, 09:42 AM
Great to see Yuvi back and in full fitness and flow. He looks so trim and fit. Cannot imagine the amount of work, he had put his body through. From his early flamboyant ways, Yuvi is now turning out to be inspirational.

ajaybaskar
11th October 2013, 09:58 AM
On a day when India's favorite son bid adieu to cricket, one of India's best finishers in the shorter format comes back with a bang. Its all written, i believe. :)

VinodKumar's
11th October 2013, 12:05 PM
I would like to see Yuvi permanently in team till 2015 world cup. Experienced Dhoni and Yuvi with bunch of youngsters can be succesfull in Australia :).

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th October 2013, 03:13 PM
I would like to see Yuvi permanently in team till 2015 world cup. Experienced Dhoni and Yuvi with bunch of youngsters can be succesfull in Australia :).

How about Gambhir ? He's good at Aussie Tracks !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th October 2013, 08:55 PM
2nd ODI :

Amidst all happiness felt very sad for Dhawan ! All 3 should have got 100's !! Anyhow well played Young Guns :) :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th October 2013, 08:58 PM
Virat : Fastest 100 by an Indian in ODI's !!

Dilbert
16th October 2013, 10:41 PM
Aussies ate Kohli Briyani Today just watched highlights looks like he just decimated Aussie attack Wow chasing down 359 with 6 overs to spare is not something we will see often. Looks like even NOHIT sharma , was ALLHIT sharma today. I am not sure what Watson, Faulkner were thinking , despite of they playing so much cricket in Jaipur couldn't read the condition?. Bowling was just ordinary almost like watching some high school bowling attack, didn't see any variation. Indian bowling attack , Ishant Sharma :sigh2: they desperately need a bowler like Zaheer khan who can control things in death overs. Giving away 122 in last 10 is kind of troubling sign on any pitch.

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 01:37 PM
Dhawan was the one who triggered it. Superb counter attacking cricket.

Early days of sachin nyabagam vanthuchu. Dominating bowlers.

Virat for sure gonna create more records. He is just brilliant when it comes to chasing. Unwanted aggressiveness control panna pothum :)

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 03:24 PM
How about Gambhir ? He's good at Aussie Tracks !

I think I was not born at that time.

ajaybaskar
17th October 2013, 03:36 PM
I think I was not born at that time.ODI Avg of 35 and test avg of 22

CEDYBLUE
17th October 2013, 03:43 PM
The way Dhawan and Rohit are going, looks like a no-way back for Gambhir.
Dhawan-Rohit look good to open in all formats and Murali Vijay looks 2 tests away from getting dropped.
I would personally love to see Yuvraj take Sachin's place at no 4 and establish himself in the Test team.

19thmay
17th October 2013, 04:16 PM
This West Indies tour is going to decide the fate of Murali Vijay. Few series back I was thinking Karthik as Annamalai Rajini climbing up the escalator and Vijay as Sarathbabu sliding down. But Karthik mela yeri U turn pottu takkunu erangitaar :banghead:

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 06:06 PM
The way Dhawan and Rohit are going, looks like a no-way back for Gambhir.
Dhawan-Rohit look good to open in all formats and Murali Vijay looks 2 tests away from getting dropped.
I would personally love to see Yuvraj take Sachin's place at no 4 and establish himself in the Test team.

Not sure about DHawan but Rohit is on a mission. He wont let it go this time that easily. Let Yuvraj play his fav formats. how about Rahanae as opener, Kohli as # 4 and Rohit as # 5 ?

Dhawan, Rahanae, Pujara, Kholi, Rohit, Dhoni .....

Abroad la innum 50 varusathuku jeyika mudiyaathu polayae :|.

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 06:08 PM
ODI Avg of 35 and test avg of 22

MAthavangala compare pannurappa ithu good ah bad ah ? Dravid test average in Australia would be less that this :(.

CEDYBLUE
17th October 2013, 06:19 PM
Not sure about DHawan but Rohit is on a mission. He wont let it go this time that easily. Let Yuvraj play his fav formats. how about Rahanae as opener, Kohli as # 4 and Rohit as # 5 ?

Dhawan, Rahanae, Pujara, Kholi, Rohit, Dhoni .....

Abroad la innum 50 varusathuku jeyika mudiyaathu polayae :|.

I agree regarding Yuvraj. But, the kind of comeback that Yuvraj has conjured, it would be fitting if he succeeds in the Test level as well.

Though i am not sure about Rohit's temperament at the Test Level, still on form, Dhawan, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadeja/Rahane, Ashwin, B Kumar, Ishant, Zaheer Khan appears a good line-up to me.

ajaybaskar
17th October 2013, 06:26 PM
MAthavangala compare pannurappa ithu good ah bad ah ? Dravid test average in Australia would be less that this :(.

No. Dravid has a healthy avg in Aus

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;host=2;oppositio n=2;orderby=batting_average;team=6;template=result s;type=batting

ODIs

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=2;oppositio n=2;orderby=batting_average;team=6;template=result s;type=batting

19thmay
17th October 2013, 06:42 PM
I agree regarding Yuvraj. But, the kind of comeback that Yuvraj has conjured, it would be fitting if he succeeds in the Test level as well.

Though i am not sure about Rohit's temperament at the Test Level, still on form, Dhawan, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadeja/Rahane, Ashwin, B Kumar, Ishant, Zaheer Khan appears a good line-up to me.

Good line up... I will replace B.Kumar with Umesh, if it is outside sub continent.

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 06:47 PM
No. Dravid has a healthy avg in Aus

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;host=2;oppositio n=2;orderby=batting_average;team=6;template=result s;type=batting

ODIs

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=2;oppositio n=2;orderby=batting_average;team=6;template=result s;type=batting

:cool: .. Still Australia had always been nightmare for him.

gane14
19th October 2013, 09:22 PM
Ishant Sharma, That was an owsum over :-D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th October 2013, 09:28 PM
Ishant :banghead:

When you don't expect him to do anything special he chips in 2 wickets to turn the game in favour of India in Champions Trophy Final

When you expect him to do something he gives away 30 runs to turn the game the other way !!

Finally well done Aussies especially Faulkner :) Just would like to quote one thing what the commentator said after the match

'' Dhoni must do a reality show to get the bowler who gives his best in the death overs out of millions in our country ''

I agree with that though !!

Dilbert
20th October 2013, 12:22 AM
Ishant :banghead:

When you don't expect him to do anything special he chips in 2 wickets to turn the game in favour of India in Champions Trophy Final

When you expect him to do something he gives away 30 runs to turn the game the other way !!

Finally well done Aussies especially Faulkner :) Just would like to quote one thing what the commentator said after the match

'' Dhoni must do a reality show to get the bowler who gives his best in the death overs out of millions in our country ''

I agree with that though !!

that over sounded more like get that towel boy back here!

JamesDap
20th October 2013, 07:29 AM
Ellorum Ishant-ukku oru whistle poddunga. Marana-adi over.

Dilbert
21st October 2013, 01:12 AM
Team unchanged for reminder of the series !

MS Thony :clap: very very confident captain and clear about what he wanted to do. Excellent post game interview. Will see how well these guys execute things.
looks like India got bunch of young bowlers with none in-form.

Ishant bhai, First step towards improvement will be cutting your hair, so that you can see where you are bowling !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd October 2013, 12:21 PM
Ishant bhai, First step towards improvement will be cutting your hair, so that you can see where you are bowling !

:lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd October 2013, 12:52 PM
Dhoni is confident about his boys. He's giving them another chance. Ishant, Adutha match aavadhu niraya run kuduthittu kadaseela wickets edu. That's much much better than bowling well in 1st spell and giving away everything in 1 over !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 11:06 AM
Match Today at Ranchi !
Start Time 1.30 PM :) :)

Jai Ho

Hoping Ishant doesn't get this emoticon after the match -> :curse:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 04:27 PM
Ashwin Vs Maxwell ! Treat 2 watch !!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 04:30 PM
Bailey ! Good consistency :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 05:52 PM
So many catches dropped ! And that reverse sweep six by Maxwell off Ashwin :omg: What a shot :)

Good comeback by India. Excellent bowling by Shami ! Atlast got to watch some yorkers by an Indian Fast Bowler after a long time :) :) Hope he maintains his consistency.

Coming to Vinay and his Short Balls. It's a 90:10 ratio. Get's hit 90% and gets away with the remaining. Hope he bowls less short balls with his mediocre speed which doesn't help short balls much unless the batsman mistimes which Bailey did !

Left to India's strength to do the needful and level the series. Lets see

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 07:21 PM
Rain ! Meanwhile was checking Twitter & this guy's bio on twitter is :rotfl:

SirIshantSharma : India's greatest bowler ever. I don't just reverse swing the ball, I reverse swing the whole match.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd October 2013, 08:51 PM
Match is Abandoned :banghead: :( :( Feel could have won this and levelled the series !

VinodKumar's
23rd October 2013, 08:55 PM
Now India has to win all three matches to win series.

19thmay
24th October 2013, 10:52 AM
Can some one slap Vinay Kumar hardly? Most of his wickets are catches and that too in long on or long off / deep extra cover or deep mid wicket.

Dilbert
24th October 2013, 08:21 PM
Can some one slap Vinay Kumar hardly? Most of his wickets are catches and that too in long on or long off / deep extra cover or deep mid wicket.

maintain civil obedience I say ! Pl don't promote violence here, lot of school kids visit these threads !

venkkiram
24th October 2013, 08:30 PM
Can some one slap Vinay Kumar hardly? Most of his wickets are catches and that too in long on or long off / deep extra cover or deep mid wicket.அப்படிப் பார்த்தா வெந்தது வேகாததை எல்லாம் அணியில் சேர்த்து அவர்களையும் எதிராளிகள் அடித்து ஆட முற்படும் ஆட்டத்தின் இறுதி ஓவர்களுக்கு பயன்படுத்தி அழகு பார்க்கும் அணித் தலைவருக்குத் தான் முதல் slap.

Dilbert
24th October 2013, 11:51 PM
அப்படிப் பார்த்தா வெந்தது வேகாததை எல்லாம் அணியில் சேர்த்து அவர்களையும் எதிராளிகள் அடித்து ஆட முற்படும் ஆட்டத்தின் இறுதி ஓவர்களுக்கு பயன்படுத்தி அழகு பார்க்கும் அணித் தலைவருக்குத் தான் முதல் slap.

Ungalkkuu vera thaniya sollunama appiecer ?

Pl support civil liberty in the Hub.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th October 2013, 02:37 PM
5th ODI @ Cuttack : Called Off !

Rain plays Spoilsport !!

And last ODI is in B'lore where it's raining too. Difficult times for cricket

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th October 2013, 02:42 PM
MS Dhoni's house attacked, security tightened

Oct 25, 2013

RANCHI: Security outside Indian captain MS Dhoni's house was tightened on Thursday after it was attacked soon after the 4th ODI against Australia was abandoned on Wednesday due to rain. A glass panel was broken in the late-night stone pelting that took place despite 20 police personnel on duty. However, no one was present in the house at the time. Though it was suspected that an angry fan might have pelted stones, police said they were investigating and could not tell now how many persons were involved.

The reason for the attack was also not known. While some suspected that Team India's decision to field first might have irked fans, others felt that fans were angry after the match was cancelled and their money was wasted. City SP Manoj Ratan said officers at the concerned police station have been asked to be extra vigilant and maintain tight security outside Dhoni's house.

Attack on Dhoni's house is not new and had happened five times earlier. "During every cricket tournament, we deploy police personnel outside his house," said Ratan.

Dilbert
26th October 2013, 10:02 PM
Looks like Ishant bhai's career is over , if this series is lost !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th October 2013, 08:26 AM
Looks like Ishant bhai's career is over , if this series is lost !

He'll go & play in Ranji anyway if he wishes to do so. Meanwhile Zaheer is playing well in Ranji.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2013, 03:19 PM
Watson's very good vs Csk. Evident by the way he plays Ashwin... Hard Hitting !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2013, 03:49 PM
Ashwin Vs Maxwell..... Maxwell reverse sweeping Ashwin..... Treat to watch !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2013, 09:21 PM
Virat :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

My respect for Kohli grows day by day.

Arvind Srinivasan
30th October 2013, 10:36 PM
The series has been a very poor exhibition of cricket. What is the point of having bowlers in a game that is so lopsided against them ? Dire stuff.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2013, 10:46 PM
The series has been a very poor exhibition of cricket. What is the point of having bowlers in a game that is so lopsided against them ? Dire stuff.

These days Batsman overshadow Bowlers. Especially after IPL we can witness this even more & that too especially on Indian Tracks. The Pitch is to be blamed equally. Though some balls were pitched on right areas it was the Batsman's Skill to adjust and drive then away for runs. It was a treat to watch Virat hit Chest Height balls for fours. Normally such balls would be defended or let away.

Guess where's the last ODI ??? It's in Bangalore where it's a '' No Mercy '' situation for the Bowlers. A perfect Batting track !

Arvind Srinivasan
30th October 2013, 11:09 PM
Let me kind off reiterate. The bowling quality on display from both teams has been crappy. Added to that there is no real incentive to them from the pitch. A target of 350+ looks more like a walk in a park. In normal circumstances it should be like a monumental effort.And as a cricket enthusiast it's getting a little too monotonous for me to see just the bat doing the talking. Wondering as to how good bowling sides such as South Africa, Pakistan would fare on these.

ajaybaskar
31st October 2013, 01:03 AM
Even in England we chased 300+ totals quite successfully,right? I mean in the recently concluded Champions' trophy. Our batting is so good that huge totals are made to look small. But like u said the bowling has been below par from both the teams and India in particular.

And i checked the SA-Pak match which just got over. SA successfully defended 183 in what appears to be a bowler's paradise.

Arvind Srinivasan
31st October 2013, 01:31 AM
Even in England we chased 300+ totals quite successfully,right? I mean in the recently concluded Champions' trophy. Our batting is so good that huge totals are made to look small. But like u said the bowling has been below par from both the teams and India in particular.

And i checked the SA-Pak match which just got over. SA successfully defended 183 in what appears to be a bowler's paradise.

The problem lies with the cricket administrators. A good majority of spectators like seeing sixes and fours nowadays and the administrators just cash on that. And the new rules are adding up to the problem. Two new balls on a batting paradise makes it even more easy for the batsmen to play. And the lesser said about spinners the better. ( this is solely in reference to the India-Aus series).

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 03:36 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-P3ql2FeSpvs/UHg98TbFlaI/AAAAAAAACvg/dUOkKvfE8hg/s1600/Chicken+Biryani+2.jpg

Take this all you Kohli haters !!

venkkiram
31st October 2013, 04:44 AM
@dIlbert.. That's really a tempting one. Kohli will soon cross the Sachin's record of making centuries in chasing matches. Extraordinary effort by any level of play. Kohli is the super star Indian cricket witnessing after Sachin era. People thought its impossible to replace the Sachin from cricket memories. But Dhoni and Kohli changed that mind set by setting some real good examples of performances (World cup win and other impossible-taget-achievement ODIs). Feeling really good seeing Kohli's performance reaching new hieghts day by day innings after innings. Kohli is the super star of Indian Cricket.

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 05:58 AM
@dIlbert.. That's really a tempting one. Kohli will soon cross the Sachin's record of making centuries in chasing matches. Extraordinary effort by any level of play. Kohli is the super star Indian cricket witnessing after Sachin era. People thought its impossible to replace the Sachin from cricket memories. But Dhoni and Kohli changed that mind set by setting some real good examples of performances (World cup win and other impossible-taget-achievement ODIs). Feeling really good seeing Kohli's performance reaching new hieghts day by day innings after innings. Kohli is the super star of Indian Cricket.

Also more importantly , Kohli is doing it when ODI is at its peak (Technology changes , taxing schedule etc etc) Which Baba Sachindanandan never got to deal with for at least half of his really really really loooooooooooooooooooooong career, which is also really commendable. As I mentioned earlier hope he keeps head leveled, so that he doesn't turn into another Vinod Kamble or Ajay Jadeja.

Next stop Yengaluru !!.... Donne Style --> Eat that you haters .. eat that !!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sRcUI9TQteg/Ts0Gghmkf6I/AAAAAAAADTM/PUL7w6ECf4g/s1600/1.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
31st October 2013, 08:48 AM
The problem lies with the cricket administrators. A good majority of spectators like seeing sixes and fours nowadays and the administrators just cash on that. And the new rules are adding up to the problem. Two new balls on a batting paradise makes it even more easy for the batsmen to play. And the lesser said about spinners the better. ( this is solely in reference to the India-Aus series).

Agreed. Plus the 4 fielders only outside the 30 yard circle in non-powerplay overs adds more worries as bowlers need to pitch it up in the right areas. Slight margin of error will result in runs.

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:30 AM
These guys have much better uniform than India's lousy blue !! Seenu mama Color maathungoo

http://www.starsports.com/Photo/Series/General/01/28/49/05/1284905_AMN.jpg

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:32 AM
@Venki photo thread is still on or moved to a different one?

Saai
31st October 2013, 02:49 PM
Kohli will soon cross the Sachin's record of making centuries in chasing matches. Extraordinary effort by any level of play. Kohli is the super star Indian cricket witnessing after Sachin era. People thought its impossible to replace the Sachin from cricket memories. But Dhoni and Kohli changed that mind set by setting some real good examples of performances (World cup win and other impossible-taget-achievement ODIs). Feeling really good seeing Kohli's performance reaching new hieghts day by day innings after innings. Kohli is the super star of Indian Cricket.

To be even considered for surpassing Sachin's record in ODI is a phenomenal feet. But the comparison stops there. Kohli has not faced the likes of wasim akram, waqar younis, Shane warne, Muttiah, Glenn mcgrath, Saqlain, Allan Donald, Pollock, Ambrose & Walsh!

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 05:42 PM
To be even considered for surpassing Sachin's record in ODI is a phenomenal feet. But the comparison stops there. Kohli has not faced the likes of wasim akram, waqar younis, Shane warne, Muttiah, Glenn mcgrath, Saqlain, Allan Donald, Pollock, Ambrose & Walsh!

Nalla Angle saai, Also to be noted that those days we didn't have extensive replay systems too :).

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 06:39 PM
Nalla Angle saai, Also to be noted that those days we didn't have extensive replay systems too :).

Just like we did not have a referral where a batsman given out wrongly could go for an appeal ......

ajaybaskar
31st October 2013, 07:41 PM
Replay systems help both the teams right? How Sachin is the sole beneficiary of not having DRS?

Arvind Srinivasan
31st October 2013, 08:27 PM
There is nothing to doubt about Kohli's prowess as an ODI bat and he's a definitely a strong contender to surpass Sachins overall run tally. But I for one believe that the overtly batsmen friendly conditions in todays cricket are have had a huge say so far. And the bowling quality too is nowhere near to the standards of the 90s ( an era considered to be one of the best for bowlers). So I guess its not very surprising to see Kohli's notching up tons every other day.

Arvind Srinivasan
31st October 2013, 08:33 PM

DRS is hardly used by India. The BCCI makes sure that its thrown out of the window every time a series is finalised. So I dont see the logic here.

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 08:52 PM
And the pressure (or expectations if you can call it that) that was on Sachin in the 90s just cannot be compared to anyone else..... It was either Sachin won the match for India or India lost because Sachin failed ....That is not the case now .....

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 08:54 PM
DRS is hardly used by India. The BCCI makes sure that its thrown out of the window every time a series is finalised. So I dont see the logic here.

Pl go back and read my post , before arguing madly that sachin benefited or not , DRS was used or not.

He quoted Sachin faced some formidable bolwers in his time. I merely quoted , we didn't have extensive replay like what we have today to review, things like lbw,slight edge, close stumping , even run out reviews in some cases . It was meant to be an open ended comment ;). I never said Baba Sachindanandan benefited from it did i?

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:03 PM
And the pressure (or expectations if you can call it that) that was on Sachin in the 90s just cannot be compared to anyone else..... It was either Sachin won the match for India or India lost because Sachin failed ....That is not the case now .....

Depending on 1 guy is never a great idea ! We did lot of foolish things those days. Including not giving enough support to players like Dravid , Vindo Kambli and others. Having said that History is written only on the basis of what masses agrees (and they might not agree with my point) which is ok. And with that its my duty to quote Great kannadasan here

nee paartha paarvaigal kanavodu pogum
nee sonna vaarthaigal kaatrodu pogum
oor paartha unmaigal unakkaga vaazhlum
unaraamal poovorkku uthavaamal pogum

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:11 PM
There is nothing to doubt about Kohli's prowess as an ODI bat and he's a definitely a strong contender to surpass Sachins overall run tally. But I for one believe that the overtly batsmen friendly conditions in todays cricket are have had a huge say so far. And the bowling quality too is nowhere near to the standards of the 90s ( an era considered to be one of the best for bowlers). So I guess its not very surprising to see Kohli's notching up tons every other day.

Era o Sura-voo !! Every era we had a new invention in balling tampering. (which was not the case in 70s and 80s when it was considered as gentlemen's game)

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 09:11 PM
Depending on 1 guy is never a great idea ! We did lot of foolish things those days. Including not giving enough support to players like Dravid , Vindo Kambli and others. Having said that History is written only on the basis of what masses agrees (and they might not agree with my point) which is ok. And with that its my duty to quote Great kannadasan here

nee paartha paarvaigal kanavodu pogum
nee sonna vaarthaigal kaatrodu pogum
oor paartha unmaigal unakkaga vaadum
unaraamal poovorkku uthavaamal pogum

Depending on one guy was not a choice...it was a necessity ....... And the scenario did change with the arrival of other players towards the end of the 90s

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:20 PM
Depending on one guy was not a choice...it was a necessity ....... And the scenario did change with the arrival of other players towards the end of the 90s

Well then its a shame with a population of a billion and cricket as a religion we couldn't get quality players for top 11.

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 09:24 PM
Well then its a shame with a population of a billion and cricket as a religion we couldn't get quality players for top 11.

Well maybe.... But this definitely contributed to the pressure on him, the extent of which might not have been felt by any other player in the history of the game

And though it might have already been popular cricket probably became a religion in India during the little man's exploits on the field

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 09:43 PM
Well maybe.... But this definitely contributed to the pressure on him, the extent of which might not have been felt by any other player in the history of the game

And though it might have already been popular cricket probably became a religion in India during the little man's exploits on the field

well that's just plain exaggeration talk ! Its just generational support, huge section of then teens and young adults moved towards sachin and with little bit of luck and whole lot of marketing / BCCI support he stayed / stretched himself on for multiple generation(s). Whether did he have some influence on youths playing cricket in India "yes" , was he the only factor " ABSOLUTELY NOT".

PS : Its exact same thing happening to Kohli now young teen like myself have started to worship him as my next kohli briyani stall owner. Hope he becomes one .

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 09:53 PM
well that's just plain exaggeration talk ! Its just generational support, huge section of then teens and young adults moved towards sachin and with little bit of luck and whole lot of marketing / BCCI support he stayed / stretched himself on for multiple generation(s). Whether did he have some influence on youths playing cricket in India "yes" , was he the only factor " ABSOLUTELY NOT".

No single person can be the sole reason...but he was the major factor ...that is what atleast I think......

"Its just generational support, huge section of then teens and young adults moved towards sachin" ....... Why would they chose to support him...only because of his talent ...... and why should BCCI support him? ...... the answer will be monetary benefits ......and all this leads only to the obvious.... His talent,dedication and hardwork ... Am not undermining kohli in anyway .... just that longevity is something entirely different and people can start comparing when Kohli continues this wonderful phase for a few more years to come

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 10:03 PM
No single person can be the sole reason...but he was the major factor ...that is what atleast I think......

"Its just generational support, huge section of then teens and young adults moved towards sachin" ....... Why would they chose to support him...only because of his talent ...... and why should BCCI support him? ...... the answer will be monetary benefits ......and the answer to all this leads only to one answer ..... His talent,dedication and hardwork ... Am not undermining kohli in anyway .... just that longevity is something entirely different and people can start comparing when Kohli continues this wonderful phase for a few more years to come

Youthz attraction towards sachin was because of the sensational start. That sensationalism was sustained by some clever marketing and open ended support by BCCI. Talent , Dedication hardwork are components of every International player , its not just sachin.

:sigh2: I explained so far about in 30 posts as to how outside elements (other than true cricketing talent) kept Baba Sachindandan going for 25+ years. So his longevity in cricket is not purely based on his cricketing abilities, well that's what most of his fan boys wants masses to believe. I am not one who will fall for that.

I truly hope kohli stays atleast for 2 world cup before retiring ( hopefully with minor injuries and minor breaks)

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 10:07 PM
Youthz attraction towards sachin was because of the sensational start. That sensationalism was sustained by some clever marketing and open ended support by BCCI. Talent , Dedication hardwork are components of every International player , its not just sachin.

:sigh2: I explained so far about in 30 posts as to how outside elements (other than true cricketing talent) kept Baba Sachindandan going for 25+ years. So his longevity in cricket is not purely based on his cricketing abilities, well that's what most his fan boys wants masses to believe. I am not one to fall for that.

I truly hope kohli stays atleast for 2 world cup before retiring ( hopefully with minor injuries and minor breaks)

Well and good ....I prefer to be his fan boy ...thanks for the detailed explanations

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 10:14 PM
Well and good ....I prefer to be his fan boy ...thanks for the detailed explanations

And I respect that ! Some times truth does hurt, its important someone should stand up and call it what it is rather than bending over backwards for pleasing certain section. Well I am glad pretty soon we can stop these arguments over him atleast.

uruzalari
31st October 2013, 10:21 PM
And I respect that ! Some times truth does hurt, its important someone should stand up and call it what it is rather than bending over backwards for pleasing certain section. Well I am glad pretty soon we can stop these arguments over him atleast.

I respect your opinion .... but that does not mean it is the truth ...it is just that it looks like there might not be an end to this argument and I might not be able to convince you just like you would not be able to convince me ..... So let us live with our own theories in peace

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 10:30 PM
I respect your opinion .... but that does not mean it is the truth ...it is just that it looks like there might not be an end to this argument and I might not be able to convince you just like you would not be able to convince me ..... So let us live with our own theories in peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLbBsI2n-E

CEDYBLUE
1st November 2013, 12:47 AM
:sigh:

CEDYBLUE
1st November 2013, 12:49 AM
Pl go back and read my post , before arguing madly that sachin benefited or not , DRS was used or not.

He quoted Sachin faced some formidable bolwers in his time. I merely quoted , we didn't have extensive replay like what we have today to review, things like lbw,slight edge, close stumping , even run out reviews in some cases . It was meant to be an open ended comment ;). I never said Baba Sachindanandan benefited from it did i?

:):)....

CEDYBLUE
1st November 2013, 03:15 AM
Why do my posts go unnoticed?

How to make sure that people notice and at the same time respond heavily to my posts?

The answer is a simple six-step process.

1. Abuse/Bad-mouth/Mock/Belittle an individual who is a proven winner and a favorite of the masses and call him by names:

Immediate response guaranteed by atleast one or two people. 2 pages taken care

2. Substantiate your claims by sweeping 'generalizations', 'exaggerations' etc, etc. Widen the target audience:

Make wild/funny claims and also extend your mocking to cover the entire region of Chennai or Tamilnadu or India or the World, as appropriate. Increases your chance of inviting a bigger group and plunging them straight into the discussion. 4 pages gone in a whisker

3. Portray yourself as a 'standout' or a 'i question the status-quo' type and promptly call the others 'fan-boys', 'fanatics', 'masses', 'deluded public' etc., etc.,:

Guarantees a good healthy 6-7 pages. Though 3 or 4 'experienced' hands slowly move away, usually one or two still stay

4. Loop Back to Step 1:

After a last-ditch effort, the last survivors (and the less experienced ones) also move out, and the moderators/admin makes their way in. 2 More pages

5. I am Cornered, I am Helpless:

Engage in a couple of run-ins with the moderators complaining how there is no place for 'free' speech and letting out a plea for the Chennai Liberation Society. The moderators clean all the 18 pages.

6. Visit another thread

Dilbert
1st November 2013, 04:37 AM
Not worth my time responding to some uncalled moronic posts ! I have more important thing to do celebrate THALA Diwali!

Dilbert
1st November 2013, 04:48 AM
------zzzzzzzzz---zzzzzzz---eeeerrrrr

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st November 2013, 02:31 PM
Just In : Mitchell Johnson released from India Tour. So he won't play last ODI at Bangalore.

Reason Cited : Preparation for the Ashes.

SoftSword
1st November 2013, 05:18 PM
lol at the discussions here and ppl talking as if they are making sense... hayyo hayyo...

Dilbert
1st November 2013, 07:26 PM
lol at the discussions here and ppl talking as if they are making sense... hayyo hayyo...

Comeon SS when did Hub discussions made any sense ? Its school boys lunch time chit chats at the best ! And also for young youth(s) like me its thought provoking . :oops: :rotfl:

Dilbert
1st November 2013, 07:42 PM
Just In : Mitchell Johnson released from India Tour. So he won't play last ODI at Bangalore.

Reason Cited : Preparation for the Ashes.

At least Raina and Yuvi can have a sigh of relief , my prediction for tomorrow's match

Team batting first and scoring in excess of 280 is most likely to win the match.

VinodKumar's
1st November 2013, 11:39 PM

Silence :twisted: pesikittu irukkarla :lol2:.

HonestRaj
2nd November 2013, 01:45 AM
:lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd November 2013, 12:23 PM
At least Raina and Yuvi can have a sigh of relief , my prediction for tomorrow's match

Team batting first and scoring in excess of 280 is most likely to win the match.

It's B'lore pitch known for it's Short Boundaries & High Scoring games. So i'm expecting more.

Kohli needs 81 runs to reach 5000 in ODIs. If he does it in this game, he will be the fastest to the landmark. If he takes two innings to get there, he will be the joint-fastest, alongside Viv Richards.

gane14
2nd November 2013, 05:38 PM
Rohit :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd November 2013, 05:51 PM
The only moment i was sad in the match was the time when Virat got out. B'lore fans would have missed him badly. But Rohit's Histronics overshadowed that.

Luck gave him gud company as he survived a close call for wicket keeper catch when he was around 140's & before that dropped when he was at 120.

Was thinking at the time when he was 150 whether he would reach 200... True to my wish he got it. Gud diwali treat to mi fans as well !!

So he becomes the 3rd Batsman to clinch that 200 mark behind Sachin & Sehwag. He's also the 2nd top scorer in ODI's behind Sehwag & has hit the most sixes in an ODI going past Shane Watson's 15 by hitting 16 sixes.

Though I enjoyed all the 16 sixes, that one Helicopter by Dhoni made my day ! :bow: Wow. What power this man has & the ball's out of the stands.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd November 2013, 09:56 PM
Well Done Team India :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd November 2013, 10:31 AM
Just want to add a few words on India's Bowling :

1) Drop Vinay Kumar. He neither has the pace nor pitches in the right areas. Waste of opportunity

2) Could have given Ishant an opportunity yesterday.

3) Shami is a good find. Clocks 140kmph speed regularly. His wicket of Finch was a beauty in both matches. One bowled & other LBW.

4) Ashwin should avoid bowling length balls.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd November 2013, 03:40 PM
Don't Know what 2 say about this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJ6X6yXWEM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2013, 06:23 PM
Before saying anything, watch this video too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6AdOIbF6s

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd November 2013, 10:15 PM
Before saying anything, watch this video too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6AdOIbF6s

Oho... Then they deserve this !

ajaybaskar
4th November 2013, 01:10 PM
Oho... Then they deserve this !

Also a person who watched the Nagpur ODI in the stadium said that (in cricinfo) Watson mocked at Dhawan while he was limping his way back to the pavilion after being dismissed.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th November 2013, 07:47 PM
Also a person who watched the Nagpur ODI in the stadium said that (in cricinfo) Watson mocked at Dhawan while he was limping his way back to the pavilion after being dismissed.

Even if Watson hadn't teased Dhawan, I would not regret our players poking them... Remember Aussies under Ponting teasing our then BCCI chief Mr.Sharad Powar when they were receiving the series trophy from him some years back.

Dilbert
5th November 2013, 06:30 AM
Finally ended up watching Highlights ! Nohit Sharma :shock: (are you on some special supplement? ;) ) . Looks like Kohli raja just missed out on having some fun, bengaluru people missed his fireworks. Aussies capability of crossing 300 despite of top order being dismissed for less then 150 really something :clap:. Watson bad luck maachi.. ball inside Thony bhai's knee cap ya !
211 /8 and went on to make 300+ and 5 overs to spare well played WOW. Just tough luck !

And I don't think Indian team can survive away tours with current bowling attack ,Vinay kumar 102 in 9 over seriously?. Now we wait for Gayle Storm :thumbsup:

Watson for RCB !!