Album of the year: 7G Rainbow Colony

Song of the year: Kaadhal valarthen

Best Playback Singer - Female: Chitra

Best Playback Singer - Male: Kay Kay

Best Music Director 2004: Yuvan Shankar Raja

NOV
8th February 2005, 02:16 PM
Best Choreography / Picturisation

We started out this as two categories. Midway, we realised there were some confusions and when polling was offered, the two were rolled into one.

Appadi podu podu, Chennai senthamizh, Goodbye nanba, Gnabagam varuthe, Thaththai thaththai, Thottaal poo malarum and Unnaivida usandhadhu were nominated for polling.

Other national and international favourites such as Sirichi siruchu vandhaa, Pottu thaakku, etc were ignored by our Hubbers. :D

Eventually, even the vastly popular Appadi podu was swept away by the other songs.

Voting was very close in the beginning and competition was strife among the reminiscent Cheran, the ultra modern Surya and the rural and passionate Kamal.

And the best choreographed / picturised song is .....

NOV
8th February 2005, 05:43 PM
Best Choreography / Picturisation 2004!

Unnavida indha ulagathil usanthathu
from Virumandi

with 31% of the votes received!

Roshan
8th February 2005, 05:54 PM
Though I did not vote for this song I'm happy it ended up at the top !! :D

NOV
8th February 2005, 05:57 PM
What would have been your preference then?

Roshan
8th February 2005, 06:10 PM
Mine was 'Autograph' song !! Though unnaivida.. was picturised diffrently IMHO, gnaapagam varuthE was nostalgic and poignant!!

NOV
8th February 2005, 06:24 PM
Best Lyricist 2004

From time immemorial, lyrics have given Tamil fim songs a life of its own. Tamil song lyrics are legendary with many discussions, arguments and even debates (patti mandram).

2004 saw a battle between the old and new.
Ever youthful Valee was in the race and so was evergreen Vairamuthu.
newcomer Na Muthukumar found competition from relatively new Pa Vijay and Thamarai.

Na Muthukumar received the most number of nominations, but was it translated to vote? Needless to say his songs Kadhal valarthen and Ninaithtu ninaithu paarthen are on everyone's lips.

What about the diamond and pearl poet? His Vasoolraja MBBS gave a new breath of life to Kamal's songs. Not to forget his English kiss vs. Tamil kiss. :)

As predicted, the competition was between the old and the new. Who would go pass the line first? Vairamuthu or Muthukumar?

Roshan
8th February 2005, 06:48 PM
Who else??? It's definitely EVER GREEN - IYARKAI KAVINJAN kavippErarasu Vairamuththu !

NOV
8th February 2005, 07:25 PM
Best Lyricist 2004!

Vairamuthu

with 43% of the votes received!

svaisn
8th February 2005, 07:28 PM
Happy to see that.... Vairamuthu has been selected...

He is always the best..

Roshan
8th February 2005, 07:34 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

NOV
8th February 2005, 07:41 PM
Album of the Year!

2004 did not see many albums with all good songs, compared to the previous years. However there were some complete albums like YSR’s 7G Rainbow Colony, Bharadwaj's Autograph, ARR’s Ayutha Ezhuthu, Kangalaal Kaithu Sei and New, Vidhyasagar’s Madurai and IR’s Virumandi. Basically, ll major MDs were represented except Deva. :)

Many votes were received for 7G and Autograph, with ARR fans splitting between AE and KKS. Later part of the voting saw one leading the pack, leaving the rest far behind.
Which one was the leader among the three: 7G Rainbow Colony, Autograph and Kangalaal Kaithu Sei?

NOV
8th February 2005, 08:20 PM
Album of the Year!

7G Rainbow Colony

with 49% of the votes received!

NOV
8th February 2005, 08:22 PM
Song of the Year!

From Album of the year, we move on to the one song that literally had many Hubbers swooning. Competition was steep, with finally 10 being chosen for polling. Of these 10, three were deemed to be washouts: oh pOdaatha appadi podu podu podu, latchiyamillaadha latchaavathiye and endha kudimaganum thernthedukkaatha undhan desaththil. ;)

Four more, lost during the later stages. ARR’s ennuyir thozhiye and kaalaiyil dhinamum. YSR’s kan pesum vaarththaigal too didn’t capture very many and the lone IR song of Unnavida (which won best picturisation) somehow failed to capture people’s interest.

Which leaves us with three songs in the race.
Kaadhal valarththen (Manmadhan)
Ninaiththu ninaiththu paarththen (7G Rainbow Colony)
Ovvoru pookkalume (Autograph)

Who will the winner be? YSR or Bharadwaj?!

NOV
8th February 2005, 08:34 PM
Song of the Year!

Kadhal valarththen!
from Manmadhan with the music of Yuvan Shankar Raja!

with 36% of the votes received.

NOV
8th February 2005, 08:41 PM
Best Playback Singer - Female

Many newcomers were brought into the field of playback singing, matching with the youthful new heroines. Among them were our nominees of Chinmayi, Mahathi and Shreya Goshal.

Old time singer Chitra was not forgotten, while 90s singer Harini too joined the race. S Janaki and P Sushila graced the way for the newer talents. :)

Mahathi and Chinmayi were wiped out early in the race, as the competition was mainly between Chitra, Harini and Shreya.

Who among the three will win this prestigious award?!

svaisn
8th February 2005, 09:26 PM
I think Harini is the winner

NOV
8th February 2005, 09:47 PM
Best Playback Singer - Female 2004!

Chitra!

with the amazing 42% of the votes received!

NOV
8th February 2005, 09:51 PM
I think Harini is the winner

sorry! :P

NOV
8th February 2005, 09:58 PM
Best Playback Singer – Male

Since bygone days of TMS and then SP Bala, individual singers ruled the roost, while today’s trend is to introduce new talents with fresh voices, suitable for the young heroes. One of the biggest casualty (and arguably regrettable one too) is SP Bala.

Trendy Hariharan, handsome Harish Ragavendra, college boy (look) Kathik (machan to some!), nectar voiced Kay Kay and the classical Unni Krishnan were the Hubbers choices for Best singer.

Interestingly there was some campaigning for Kartik in a specially created worship-thread right here in The Hub. :lol: Will he win?

Or will the eventual winner be the singer of the haunting kaadhal valarthen, Kay Kay?

RC
8th February 2005, 10:43 PM
Nov: ippo enna viLambara idaiveLai-aa?

dinesh2002
8th February 2005, 11:03 PM
best music director???

MADDY
8th February 2005, 11:45 PM
of course it shuld be YSR....he was leading ARR by a clear 15-20 votes........i campaigned for ARR but i think ARR fans went for a vacation and never voted here.......think hain yaar,, there shuld be some award that ARR shuld lose, isn't it???

i always knew YSR wud bcome no.1 one day....i think he is now......but he needs to improve a lot to get into the line of legends-KVM,MSV-TKR,ARR.........

Music4Ever
8th February 2005, 11:55 PM
Maddy, just curious. Why is IR's name missing from your list of legends? :D To me it is inconceivable that IR is not a legend. He has done what any MD has and much more.

NOV
9th February 2005, 06:29 AM
Best Playback Singer – Male!

Kay Kay!
for many songs - notables being 'kaathal valarthen' and 'ninaithu ninaithu paarthen'.

with 38% of the votes received.

NOV
9th February 2005, 06:33 AM
Nov: ippo enna viLambara idaiveLai-aa?Hehehe. konja nEram suspense.

Dinesh - MD's comes next.
Music4ever - IR's legendary status cannot be erased by ommision, so dont worry. :D

NOV
9th February 2005, 06:37 AM
The next award is for the most coveted and prestigious Best Music Director 2004 and to present it, I invite our dear RR to present it!

svaisn
9th February 2005, 09:20 AM
NOV/RR.....

Best MD ARR thane????

Pls enakku matum solunga

RR
9th February 2005, 10:31 AM
Best MD

5 nominations were received that included Bharathwaj & Ramesh Vinayagam (azhagiya theeye) apart from Yuvan,VS & ARR. Right from the start it was clear that the latter 3 were real contentions, with VS slightly behind..

Around mid week ARR went into the lead, Yuvan was in 2nd and Vidyasagar's position was precarious and was losing out.. A few days later Yuvan's votes also started building up... It was getting to be tough fight between ARR & Yuvan..

So who won finally? It was .....

RR
9th February 2005, 11:44 AM
Best MD 2004!

Yuvan Shankar Raja!

with 44% of the votes received! ARR got 33%..

Is Yuvan emerging as a leader in TFM? (Or was it a lapse on ARR fans' part? :D) With Yuvan's impressive RAAM album and ARR signing many films, the competition is sure to get more intense this year. Let's see.. One thing is definite I suppose: we are going to get nice musical treats from both.

RR
9th February 2005, 12:24 PM
Congrats to all the winners.. !

There's still one more award(??) - an interesting one, so hang on.. 8)

SN23
9th February 2005, 02:18 PM
Life time achievement award??

RR
9th February 2005, 02:31 PM
Yuvan Shankar Raja rocks

Guess whose music youngsters in Tamil Nadu swear by now? Nope, it is not A R Rahman but the youngest son of Ilayaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Yuvan has sensed the pulse of the young audience, and surprisingly, has wowed them not with fast numbers but soulful melodies.

Yuvan stormed into the music scene with the highly successful Kathal Kondein, in which he used western classical, piano and choir music liberally. With 7G Rainbow Colony and Manmadan, he hit big league.

With his latest Ram, which is the rage in Tamil Nadu now, he has become the top music director in the state.

----
No, we didn't put it up.. It was a newsbit from today's Rediff :P

RR
9th February 2005, 02:32 PM
SN23: all poll results are in the first post, and yet..

MADDY
9th February 2005, 03:39 PM
Hey Gud Job-Admins........congrats..........i thought it was one of the most fair elections......

Personally i wud have liked to see ARR winning the award as he did not do badly with AE,KKS,New.......but hats-off to YSR who threw ARR out of the window.......i think it was evident from 2003 itself that ARR was nearing his end........2004 was like "marana adi" for him and us(ARR fans)........New was the only silver lining in this huge Dark cloud..... :oops:

One more disturbing thing abt this loss is that my arguement that NRT's(Non Resident tamils) are totally behind ARR also goes null cos this was mostly participated by NRT's only and still ARR loses.....
"Romba Nenja Nakkitanla?"
hey one thing, all neutral,YSR,IR fans shuld understand, ARR fans always love changes, so if YSR ccan really bring a music different to ARR then we wud support him also.....

Sudalai
9th February 2005, 04:46 PM
That's the spirit Maddy...! :)

RR
9th February 2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks, MADDY.

genesis
9th February 2005, 09:37 PM
There seems to be a big YSR wave in TFM :!:

I do not think YSR is neither trend setter like ARR, nor a phenomenon like IR. I can probably compare him to the likes of Deva. I remember Deva was also claiming #1 spot when he had few big hits like Aasai and Annamalai.

Yes, in the year 2004, YSR had more success than ARR. Remember most of the ARR movies bombed at box office, except New. But YSR was lucky to have 2 mega hits (7GRC and Manmathan).

Please hang on guys.. I will give couple of more years before declare him #1.

Music4Ever
9th February 2005, 10:55 PM
Congratulations to all the winners in this competition. YSR has stolen the limelight away from ARR in 2004, according to popular TFMpage votes. Let's give him a salute. I believe he charges just 7 lakhs for a movie. For the money that he charges his songs are good, IMO.

I am wondering, though, why HJ is not that popular here.

magix
10th February 2005, 07:00 AM
ARR didn't win? :(

paravala, YSR did. I'll take it. :)

NOV
10th February 2005, 09:50 AM
This entire award presentation is not by talent (or otherwise) but a ranking on popularity. Naturally, some may not agree with the results, but this indeed is the choice of the majority.

ARR the popular choice in this forum? Since when? :lol:
Even when we did something similar about 6-7 years ago. it was IR who topped the list.

Congratulations to all winners, from all hubbers! :D

NagaS
10th February 2005, 11:47 AM
I do not think YSR is neither trend setter like ARR, nor a phenomenon like IR. I can probably compare him to the likes of Deva. I remember Deva was also claiming #1 spot when he had few big hits like Aasai and Annamalai.

Ayyo, ithu akkiramam, I also won't say YSR is #1 in TFM Today or he is a trendsetter or something, But still he is 100 times above the likes of 'deva', please don't insult him like this !

NagaS

Sudalai
10th February 2005, 12:00 PM
NagaS,
Naanum thangal karuthaiye vazhi mozhigiraen..

MADDY
11th February 2005, 08:48 AM
ARR the popular choice in this forum? Since when?

that's the curse of this state and this tamil culture......u guys cannot accept changes and unique things quickly.........ARR was never given his due and is still not getting it.......idhe IR/YSR london theatres and chinese movie music compose panni irundha thalai mela thooki vechikittu adi irupinga.......tamlians will never know how proud it is to tell outside(TN) that ARR is from our land.......

genesis
11th February 2005, 07:31 PM
Maddy,

Do not blame all tamil people... In my opinion they are the one made ARR this big.

I think the crowd at TFMPAGE.com is biased. If you had a poll in 92 for the best album, they would have selected "Thevar Magan", not "Roja".

IMO, this crowd is getting some kind of satisfaction in promoting YSR (he is indeed doing a good job).

muzammil84
12th February 2005, 02:28 AM
Maddy R u Really A great Fan Of ARR, can u contact with me for help for my website( uyirvani) we will provde his music MAddy

NOV
12th February 2005, 01:55 PM
Final Results!

Hubbers Choice
Hub Awards 2005 - Tamil Film Music

Best Choreography / Picturisation: Unnaivida from Virumandi

Best Lyricist: Vairamuthu

Album of the year: 7G Rainbow Colony

Song of the year: Kaadhal valarthen

Best Playback Singer - Female: Chitra

Best Playback Singer - Male: Kay Kay

Best Music Director 2004: Yuvan Shankar Raja

magix
12th February 2005, 04:29 PM
ishmaal doubt..
What song did Chithra get voted as the best Playback Singer for?

I know, i know.. i'll be directed to the nominations thread. But I'm too lazy! can i have the answer please? :D

NOV
12th February 2005, 06:01 PM
ishmaal doubt..
What song did Chithra get voted as the best Playback Singer for?

One song I know is ovvoru pookkalume from Autograph.

Jacky
12th February 2005, 06:03 PM
Song of the year Kadhal valarthen?
I thought there were better songs like Unna vida, Jana gana mana, Ninaithu ninaithu.

Music4Ever
12th February 2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah kadhal valarthEn didn't stick when I listened. Now let me see if there is magix :) in it.

magix
12th February 2005, 09:33 PM
I found the song logically unappealing..
I mean, mudi valakarathukku kooda vakkillai.. avan kaadhal valarthen-nu paadaratha accept panna mudiyala! :P

NOV
12th February 2005, 09:46 PM
you're welcome magix.

magix
12th February 2005, 10:11 PM
err.. hehe.. sorry NOV, solla marandhuten..

colomban
13th February 2005, 02:55 AM
Hi friends

I have recently heard tamil ghazal song on the radios that is probably from a film. Its lyrics goes as some one is describing the beach or singing in the beach like "kadatkaraiyil paduwathu Ghazal" or some thing like that. It is an unfamilier voice to me. any one knows about this song or movie as to who sang it or what movie or title of th song?

many thanks

NOV
15th February 2005, 08:06 AM
Congrats to all the winners.. !

There's still one more award(??) - an interesting one, so hang on.. 8)
The time has come to announce who among the Hubbers had made a selection (nomination) closest to the final results.

Are you ready? :D

Renault
15th February 2005, 10:28 AM
I feel Na. Muthukumar should have got the bets lyricist award.

NOV
15th February 2005, 12:45 PM
A total of 25 hubbers participated in the nomination exercise, excluding Admin and Moderators.

We awarded one point for each accurate nomination. Thus maximum for a hubber was seven points

Of the 25 hubbers:

6 got it all wrong and didn't get any points!!!
6 received 1 point each
4 got 2 points
3 managed to get 3 points
3 managed to get 4 points

And the remaining three hubbers?

Music4Ever
16th February 2005, 01:27 AM
NOV, do I understand, then, that just 25 participated in the voting? :D

eden
16th February 2005, 05:42 AM
music4ever, adhu nominate paNNinavanga number...voters should be a bigger number

NOV
16th February 2005, 07:28 AM
NOV, do I understand, then, that just 25 participated in the voting? :DEden is right.

25 is the number of nominations received. Voting numbers were much greater and according this award according to the vote is practically impossible.

RR
16th February 2005, 08:33 AM
this award according to the vote is practically impossible.
Not very meaningful too. Since the no. of votes for each choice could be seen by everyone, it would've been too easy for last minute voters to just vote for the leaders and push their chances :D

jaiganes
17th February 2005, 01:46 PM
what is this thread, and where is it headed?
Enge selum indha paadhai?

NagaS
17th February 2005, 04:42 PM
what is this thread, and where is it headed?
Enge selum indha paadhai?

Where is nov ? he is supposed to announce one more result - athia sollittaa naanga yaen ippadi paadhai maaRip poRom? ;)

NagaS

Mod msg: Digression moved to a separate topic. Pls continue discussion there..

RR
17th February 2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry guys.. results will be out shortly..

NOV
17th February 2005, 08:30 PM
dum deedee dum....

RR
17th February 2005, 08:31 PM
In terms of total number of correct nominations, we have a tie for the top spot..!

chinivaaz, cinefan and Querida

with 5 points each..!

(Well, metoo got 5, but NOV disqualified me... *sob* *sob*.. )

To break the tie, we'll consider the top most nomination only and compute new scores...

RR
17th February 2005, 08:49 PM
In the new scoring method, unfortunately chinivaaz gets only 1 point (his 2nd best nominations are pakka :) .. :( ) and bows out..

RR
17th February 2005, 09:17 PM
Cinefan got Best Album,MD,Male Singer & Picturisation correct.
Querida got Best Song,Album,MD,Lyricist correct

and so get 4 points each.... and we have another tie! :shock:

Now we'll consider the 2nd best nominations where these two have erred, and see if we can resolve the tie..! *aandavaa*

RR
17th February 2005, 09:56 PM
Cinefan don't seem to have made many nominations. Querida, on the other hand, has made several in all categories.. But, is that enough?

We will see.. TOMORROW! :wink:

RR
18th February 2005, 11:00 AM
Now for the climax...

I said Cinefan hasn't made many nominations. Actually, amoung the incorrect ones, he has > 1 nomination in only one category, i.e. Best Female singer.. His first choice was Anuradha Sriram, the second choice was Chitra - which is correct! So gets 1 point, but alas that's all he gets..

Now onto Querida's nominations....

(adutha post-il mudiyum)

Querida
18th February 2005, 11:09 AM
thought i felt my ears burning :P

poor RR dont worry about getting disqualified if the award can be split fifty-fifty and i was the sweet generous type i'd share...but im not :lol: anyways will tell *aandavaa* you called Him.... :wink:

RR
18th February 2005, 12:13 PM
Querida, looks like you got heavenly connections :lol: Hope that helps you. Thanks, anyway..

(adutha post-il nichayamaaga mudiyum..)

RR
18th February 2005, 01:18 PM
Querida's 2nd best nominations..

Best Playback Singer - Male Harish Raghavendra
Best Playback Singer - Female Sujatha
Best Picturisation - New (Thotha Poo Malarum)

aargh.. all are incorrect! So gets 0 point.. :cry:

That means, the winner is

Cinefan

who pipped Querida at the post!

On one hand, Cinefan winning is hardly surprising, as he is well-known to keep the whole TF/TFM scene at the finger tips.. (There is a rumor that film news websites inform him just after every news update.. ) No wonder he knows the pulse of the audience.. 8)

Congratulations! :clap: A music cd and a special card from 'The Hub' will be sent to you soon..

As for Querida, she is the hubber who made the most number of nominations in the Hub Awards exercise. For this reason and also for making it this far, she will get a consolation prize..! Congrats to you too Querida :clap:

Thanks to all hubbers who participated..!

Cinefan
18th February 2005, 03:11 PM
Ada ada,Enna pathti evalo discussion :oops: Anyway I am honoured.Gift anupparthukku address venume :? Naa eppo address koduthe :? Still feeling :D

NagaS
18th February 2005, 03:35 PM
congrats cinefan :)

NagaS

Cinefan
18th February 2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks Naga

NOV
18th February 2005, 05:25 PM
Ada ada,Enna pathti evalo discussion :oops: Anyway I am honoured.Gift anupparthukku address venume :? Naa eppo address koduthe :? Still feeling :DCongrats Cinefan! but before I anything (and based on your blush) are you a guy or a gal? MISC le ore kuzhappam. adhunaalathaan ketten. :roll:

As for your address, RR will be writing to you privately.

Sudalai
18th February 2005, 06:41 PM
Congrats cinefan... :clap:

Querida
19th February 2005, 12:37 AM
Congratulations Cinefan! :D :D :notworthy:

eden
19th February 2005, 12:38 AM
Cinefan, vAzhthukkaL!

Querida
19th February 2005, 12:38 AM
Congrats Cinefan! but before I anything (and based on your blush) are you a guy or a gal? MISC le ore kuzhappam. adhunaalathaan ketten. :roll:

:lol: NOV-san did you reread all of Scorpio's posts again from the newly discovered angle? :P

jaiganes
20th February 2005, 07:33 AM
congrats CF!!!

One more Bangalorean cornering accolades!!!
GO Bagngalore Go!!!
Additional congrats as CF is a part of our cricket club!!

madhu
20th February 2005, 11:08 AM
Congrats ! Cinefan ! :clap: :clap:

Cinefan
21st February 2005, 12:03 PM
Sudalai,Querida,jaiganes,madhu&eden
Thanks.

Congrats Cinefan! but before I anything (and based on your blush) are you a guy or a gal? MISC le ore kuzhappam. adhunaalathaan ketten. :roll:

As for your address, RR will be writing to you privately.

I was not blushing,just feeling embarassed at some of the comments RR made. :) I am a guy,have no doubts about that :) :)

NOV
22nd February 2005, 08:48 AM
The Hub Winner of Hub Awards 2005 will receive the following:

1. Collectors' Item - Sangkeertanam CD
Sonsored by Digital Tones Malaysia
A sensational, devotional album, with new age fusion of Carnatic, Hindustani, Folk and Western music, Sangkeerthanam brings together the talents of 67 people and features the voices of SP Bala, Unni Krishnan, Karthik, etc. For the first time ever in the history of devotional albums, a wide range of live music instruments, both traditional and western have been used in this album which has been recorded & mastered digitally.

2. Collecters' Item - Geethanjaliz CD
Sonsored by Digital Tones Malaysia
Geethanjaliz is a specially composed Malaysian pop album featuring songs of all genres including pop, folk, ballad, carnatic with varying themes such as love, friendship and social awareness. Many live instruments performed by the best of musicians from the Tamil Film industry in India have been used, under the music direction of Rekha Raveenderen, Malaysia's first woman MD.

3. Devotional Album - Ilayaraja's Guru Ramana Geetham
Sonsored by Agi Music
In this anthology of hymns and prayers, Ilayaraaja expresses both his anguish at being shackled to the material world and his steadfast faith in the power of Ramana Maharishi to free and redeem him. Eight tracks are performed by Ilayaraaja himself while two have been sung by renown classical singers, Bombay Jaysree and Unnikrishnan.

4. Laxhme Aromas Agarbathi set
Sonsored by Laxhme Aromas
Laxhme Aromas brings you a fresh new world of fragrances with amazing and natural scents of France. Each agarbathi will leave a fragrance of many hours, creating an atomosphere of divinity and peace. The Laxhme Aromas Agarbathi set consist of five tubes of the best-selling fragrances of agarbathis.

5. Mystery Gift

6. Certificate from The Hub

Congratulations again to Cinefan (have you PM'ed your address to RR?) and to Querida (consolation prize winner).

Cinefan
22nd February 2005, 10:14 AM
NOV,Very interesting gifts,Thanks :D .I am sending my address to RR now.

NOV
5th March 2005, 09:33 AM
Please go here for updates:

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2127