PDA

View Full Version : UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

kumarsr
11th January 2015, 08:58 AM
But aen thevai illaama ivalavu scena potaanganu thaan theriyala..onnum pesaama irunthurukalaam illai pongal trailer releasenu firstae sollirukalaam..
adha vittutu "miga miga viraivil by dec 30","coming soon by thirupathi bros twice" sonnathu rhombha over..
They should not take their fans for granted and must show a degree of respect..Dont alienate them

Actually, I think they still don't know release date....missed the Jan 23 long weekend....so now not sure of when. Without release date, difficult to release trailer. You don't want to release trailer too soon and create a long gap between trailer and release. Will make the movie look dated.

So when KH said trailer will release soon on Dec 30, it might still have been the case that release date was Jan 23. Now since no clear date for release, the Audio date will not be announced and same confusion and guessing game will begin for that (just like trailer).

Best to bite the bullet and announce it will release on Tamil New Year, 2014. Get all the theatres lined up with good promotion leading up to that.

Chikatiloan
11th January 2015, 09:21 AM
Idhu unmai thaana..illai paakamalae kadhai vidraangala..

http://www.naalayacinema.com/uttama-villan-trailer-review/

radiochandra1977
11th January 2015, 09:22 AM
Nambalaamaa ? Nambappidaatha ?

Arvind Srinivasan
11th January 2015, 01:19 PM
Wah...The description in the trailer review clearly upping the expectations....Hopefully they get to release the film in time.

avavh3
11th January 2015, 05:02 PM
ahaa..usupethraaingale..

kumarsr
11th January 2015, 06:18 PM

It is true. A few people cliam they have seen the trailer recently.

radiochandra1977
11th January 2015, 06:19 PM
200 percent false. Kindly be practical. No one has seen the trailer.

kumarsr
11th January 2015, 06:39 PM
In 2-3 days we will know.

radiochandra1977
11th January 2015, 06:40 PM
I expect trailer to be out on youtube by midnight of 13th and then pongal day all tv channels.

venkkiram
11th January 2015, 09:08 PM
Am little skeptical about the box office collection as far as UV is concerned. Kind of pessimistic approach for UV. If it really good in terms of screen play and casting, it's box office fate would yield great results. So far, I had seen many a times hypes on Kamal movies before releases and the movies were somehow not meeting the expectations the hype set. Watching UV with zero expectations would be better I guess.

On other hand, Dhrishyam is a well written script and been a proven result in terms of script and collections. Same with VR 2 also.

Things made me little skeptical about UV are casting and story (finding a balance in emotional and comedy planes). Let us see.

Chikatiloan
11th January 2015, 10:30 PM
Am little skeptical about the box office collection as far as UV is concerned. Kind of pessimistic approach for UV. If it really good in terms of screen play and casting, it's box office fate would yield great results. So far, I had seen many a times hypes on Kamal movies before releases and the movies were somehow not meeting the expectations the hype set. Watching UV with zero expectations would be better I guess.

On other hand, Dhrishyam is a well written script and been a proven result in terms of script and collections. Same with VR 2 also.

Things made me little skeptical about UV are casting and story (finding a balance in emotional and comedy planes). Let us see.

Yes even I had the same feeling at the time of movie announcement..also I generally don't like films having story like the star as actor/director aspiring to make a movie(movie within a movie kind) except jigarthanda movie..But the moment kamal said he has tried like "crimes and misdemeanors" and 2 stories happening at different timelines,also when Ramesh aravind said its not comedy movie I changed my mind and believe its a classic movie or like radiochandra said a classic-masala combo movie..

anyway we will come to know from the trailer itself..after watching MMA trailer 90% I felt it will be a dud and same thing happened..same is the case with Mumbai express but its not worst like MMA..Mumbai express for me had some good comedy scenes and overall average..

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 10:14 AM
Trailer duration as per cbfc site ........ 1 min 33 secs ....... U certificate

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 12:17 PM

ஒரு காட்சியில் தனது குரு கேபியிடம் எனது கதையையும் சற்று கேளுங்கள் என கமல் குமுறுகிறார்.

உடனே கேபி சரி உனக்கு ஒரு நிமிடம் அவகாசம் தருகிறேன் என்று சொல்லி கடிகாரம் ஒன்றை எடுத்துவைக்கிறார், ப்ப்ப்பாபா….என்ன காட்சி அது மிரட்டுகிறார் கமல்,

காதலிக்க நேரமில்லை - படத்துல நாகேஷ் பாலையா -வுக்கு கதை சொல்ற மாதிரி இருக்குமோ?

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 12:19 PM
Mothamum dubaakooru. That fellow has said 2 minute and 10 seconds. Actual teailer is 1 min 33 secs only.

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 12:21 PM
200 percent false. Kindly be practical. No one has seen the trailer.

Kamal has shown the movie itself to his close circle like Crazy Mohan sometime back. Trailer is being shown to some people close to Tiruppathy Bros..

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 12:22 PM
Then .... 2 minutes 10 secs ?

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 12:25 PM
Trailer duration as per cbfc site ........ 1 min 33 secs ....... U certificate

Super Dr... That shows that the news from Naalaya Cinema is dubaakkoor... :lol:

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 12:26 PM
Then .... 2 minutes 10 secs ?

Trailer is being shown to some people.. but Naalaya cinema guys have not seen I think.

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 12:28 PM
First time ..... there are rumors of trailer being shown and few people visiting theatres to check out. Nadakattum nadakattum padam apoorva sagokku oru inchu kooda kurayaathu. This is my prediction.

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 12:36 PM
First time ..... there are rumors of trailer being shown and few people visiting theatres to check out. Nadakattum nadakattum padam apoorva sagokku oru inchu kooda kurayaathu. This is my prediction.

u r so confident that movie will be classic-masala combo like AS..Even if it is 75% to AS then it will be the biggest blockbuster for kamal..for me it will be classic..let see how it goes..Predicting kamal movies is very difficult..

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 03:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7Hpw_HCEAA4n1r.jpg

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 03:42 PM
Fan made

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 03:57 PM

For the trailer itself people are tweeting like mad as though the release date is announced... the expectations are sky high for trailer itself, padatthukku sollavae vEndaam..

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 04:00 PM
Vayiru kalanguthu. 24th Hyderabad airportla receive panni Novotel hotel pogura one hourla ethaavathu vishayam karakku mudiyumaannu paakuren.

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 04:06 PM
Vayiru kalanguthu. 24th Hyderabad airportla receive panni Novotel hotel pogura one hourla ethaavathu vishayam karakku mudiyumaannu paakuren.

yaar kitta? if it cannot be told openly, please PM me..

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 04:27 PM
Thiru Kamal Haasan and ms Gautami Tadimella

Cinemarasigan
12th January 2015, 04:32 PM

WoW... sooooper... trailer-la varaadha clips edhaavadhu thEruma-nu paarunga Dr.

pushpak
12th January 2015, 05:39 PM

You are lucky. One day I would like to meet you, if I am atleast that much lucky !

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 05:41 PM
Ennanga periya periya vaarthayellaam pesureenga ...... Naan Hyderabadla kuppa kottitrullen. Eppi venumnaalum paakalaam.

avavh3
12th January 2015, 06:16 PM
Dr. RC! you are the man..:bow:

kumarsr
12th January 2015, 06:20 PM
February'la start pannapora new padathai pathi kellunga....Police character? That's why this hair style?

pushpak
12th January 2015, 06:40 PM
Ennanga periya periya vaarthayellaam pesureenga ...... Naan Hyderabadla kuppa kottitrullen. Eppi venumnaalum paakalaam.

Will PM you if I visit Hyderabad anytime !

dell_gt
12th January 2015, 07:18 PM

wow.. awesome DR.. :) lucky man!!

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 07:53 PM
wow.. awesome DR.. :) lucky man!!
Lucky radiochandra,,one thing I heard..rhomba close circuit irukuravanga kooda kamal kitta mattera karakurathu kastamnu kaelvi pattan..

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 10:27 PM
Radiochandra -naaliaya cinema trailler review unmai thaan pola..also trailer released in pondy also true i guess..check the stills from fan taken snapshot..check the final title image which says the review is true

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 10:40 PM
Radiochandra -naaliaya cinema trailler review unmai thaan pola..also trailer released in pondy also true i guess..check the stills from fan taken snapshot..check the final title image which says the review is true

Here we go from theater..vutta padathaiyae eduthuruvaanga pola

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=535519713256767

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 10:42 PM
Ayya .... naan full trailerey paathachu. Naalaya cinema is true. That scene of KB keeping a clock for one minute request by KH is there dears.

Saai
12th January 2015, 10:45 PM
Ayya .... naan full trailerey paathachu. Naalaya cinema is true. That scene of KB keeping a clock for one minute request by KH is there dears.

Thalaaa!!!!!!! how was it? review please:mrgreen:

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 10:49 PM
Thalaaa!!!!!!! how was it? review please:mrgreen:

Above link anupirukkan paarunga boss..

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 10:56 PM
Trailer is awesome awesome awesome

Saai
12th January 2015, 10:59 PM
Just saw the trailer... Tour de force..precisely this is what we are expecting from him. Solid content and great scope for performance. Way to go thalaivaaa!!!

looks like one on facebook doesn't have the real audio used in the trailer...voice portions etc.

Chikatiloan
12th January 2015, 11:00 PM
From the trailer it seems the script and get-up will be strong..More than anything i guess the music will be major plus for the movie...
Ghibram always feel has abundant talent like ARR in initial days but unlucky so far because of no big stars in his movies + his music need repeated listening like ARR..he is a poor producers ARR..hopefully he will get big break after UV..
From the trailer it looks Kamalhaasan age factor is definitely visible..hopefully script/get-up/music/performance will be strong..it seems Vishwanath plays negative role and seems his role also equally strong like KB..
Overall trailer is good and now expectations are high..

Saai
12th January 2015, 11:05 PM
That look on his face just before the name "Uthama villian" shows up in the end... :notworthy:

kumarsr
12th January 2015, 11:13 PM

I thought so...You said it was 200% false

cinema
12th January 2015, 11:27 PM
Just saw the trailer... Tour de force..precisely this is what we are expecting from him. Solid content and great scope for performance. Way to go thalaivaaa!!!

looks like one on facebook doesn't have the real audio used in the trailer...voice portions etc.

Where to see the trailer?

radiochandra1977
12th January 2015, 11:54 PM
I put U turn. Sorry.

venkkiram
13th January 2015, 12:18 AM
Trailer is very good. But it seems the back ground music "bukkum bagabagabaga" is added on top of the original sound track. I want to view with the original back ground music as I feel the continuous chanting of "bukkum bagabagabaga" taking away the importance of the scenes.

cinema
13th January 2015, 12:57 AM
Where can i see the trailer?

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 01:16 AM
Where can i see the trailer?

This is unofficial ,official will be released tomm..it seems they removed now after pressure from kamal fans in twitter

Dilbert
13th January 2015, 03:04 AM
This is unofficial ,official will be released tomm..it seems they removed now after pressure from kamal fans in twitter

Pressure cookers with lentils..

http://www.cineulagam.com/tamil/videos/trailers/uthama-villain-trailer/

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 03:10 AM

good..now many links available for other cry babies..

Anban
13th January 2015, 04:59 AM
Trailer is very good. But it seems the back ground music "bukkum bagabagabaga" is added on top of the original sound track. I want to view with the original back ground music as I feel the continuous chanting of "bukkum bagabagabaga" taking away the importance of the scenes.
the audio is overlayed upon the video .. this is not the original audio ..

kumarsr
13th January 2015, 07:23 AM

They have removed the trailer....for good reason. Can watch the official version tomorrow. No big deal.

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 07:30 AM
Official trailerku munnadi leak aagurathu publicity stunt thaan ninaikuran..like it happened for I teaser..
technology pathi nalla therincha kamal officiala release aagurathukku munnadi aen theaterku kodukanum..mobile video eduthu leak panniduvaanganu theriyaatha enna..

Thirudi saapdura rusiyae thani maadhri leaked teaser paakurathula makkal miga aarvama irupaanga..idhuvum oru vagaila publicity thaan..

kumarsr
13th January 2015, 08:27 AM
No, they may have asked the theatres to start on 14th but some mix-up. Blame Lingu !!
Just remember, they took down the previous one (many months ago) in a day also. Even after that .....

kumarsr
13th January 2015, 08:30 AM
Especially when the official teaser was going to be released in a matter of a day or so, nobody with even a little common sense would want people to watch an inferior quality version. Does not make sense.

Dilbert
13th January 2015, 08:48 AM
Especially when the official teaser was going to be released in a matter of a day or so, nobody with even a little common sense would want people to watch an inferior quality version. Does not make sense.

Commonsensea :lol: Anbanan addu pedikadea vaarthai !!

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 09:21 AM
UttamaVillain trailer Will be officially released by 11 AM today..edhir paathathu..
https://www.facebook.com/kamalhaasan.theofficialpage?fref=nf

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 09:29 AM
Blame lingu??..boss kamalku theriyaama avunga oru adi kooda nagara maataanga..USla irukkum pothu approval vaangurathula irunthu FB update varaikum all in all kamal's step..Any updates about movie first it comes in KamalHaasan official FB and then only thirrupathi bros/Ramesh aravindh updating in twitter..such is the control kamalhaasan has..

kumarsr
13th January 2015, 09:34 AM
Blame lingu??..boss kamalku theriyaama avunga oru adi kooda nagara maataanga..USla irukkum pothu approval vaangurathula irunthu FB update varaikum all in all kamal's step..Any updates about movie first it comes in KamalHaasan official FB and then only thirrupathi bros/Ramesh aravindh updating in twitter..such is the control kamalhaasan has..

No, what I meant was...KH may have asked Lingu to give it to theatre fellows for release today or tomorrow. They may have jumped the gun. After informing that trailer is being released for Pongal KH cannot release it in theatres 2 days earlier. So some mixup. Who is the most convenient to blame....Lingu

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 09:43 AM
No, what I meant was...KH may have asked Lingu to give it to theatre fellows for release today or tomorrow. They may have jumped the gun. After informing that trailer is being released for Pongal KH cannot release it in theatres 2 days earlier. So some mixup. Who is the most convenient to blame....Lingu

Paavam boss lingu,he hasn't yet come out of anjaan troll..avar pechula konjam sceneu irukkum but feel he is good person..

Dinesh84
13th January 2015, 09:49 AM
Only Kollywood ‏@OnlyKollywood 5m5 minutes ago

#UttamaVillain trailer by 11 AM today!

kumarsr
13th January 2015, 09:51 AM
Only Kollywood ‏@OnlyKollywood 5m5 minutes ago

#UttamaVillain trailer by 11 AM today!

Idha USV 10 mins back Sollitaare :)

Dinesh84
13th January 2015, 10:20 AM
Idha USV 10 mins back Sollitaare :)

page refresh problem :mrgreen:

uruzalari
13th January 2015, 11:03 AM
Official link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOFWJUOpv8

Chikatiloan
13th January 2015, 11:17 AM
Official link

BGM mirattal..trailer looks good..from the trailer it looks like film will be classic but need to see how entertaining it will be..

venkkiram
13th January 2015, 11:26 AM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/v6r7zm.jpg

@ 0:32 கமலின் கண்களே குகைகளின் பாதைகளாக உருமாறுவது பிடிச்சிருக்கு. சபாஷ்! #உத்தமவில்லன்

Raajjaa
13th January 2015, 12:34 PM
படம் வெற்றி பெறுமா? .
இருந்தாலும் ரஹ்மான்,சந்தானம், அனுஷ்கா போன்ற பிரபலமானவர்கள் யாரும் இல்லாமல் தன்னை மட்டும் நம்பி படத்தை வெளியிட கமலைத் தவிர இங்கே யாரும் இல்லை.

Nasc
13th January 2015, 12:35 PM
brilliant .........what a cast. no gimmicks ,no nonsense ...quality

leosimha
13th January 2015, 01:39 PM
படம் வெற்றி பெறுமா? .
இருந்தாலும் ரஹ்மான்,சந்தானம், அனுஷ்கா போன்ற பிரபலமானவர்கள் யாரும் இல்லாமல் தன்னை மட்டும் நம்பி படத்தை வெளியிட கமலைத் தவிர இங்கே யாரும் இல்லை.

Aiyyaa Raassaa avargalae... Kadhai nalla irundhaal....vetri perum....idhu Kamalukku theriyum...

leosimha
13th January 2015, 01:46 PM
rocking trailer....if the trailer has released...then guess the movie is also going to release soon...what about the audio release?

dell_gt
13th January 2015, 01:53 PM
awesome awesome awesome... loaded with alot of emotions!

dell_gt
13th January 2015, 03:13 PM
'Uttama Villain' trailer is full of mystery

Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain trailer begins with a voice over of the protagonist uttering it in the classic Tamil ‘ En Uthirathin Vithai… En Uyir Vithaitha Sathai… Veroruvanai Pagavan enna Poruthudivena’ which tells us that the film might be based on father – son relationship, also there are chances that film might be based on the ‘intellectual property theft’ say a plagiarism in the film industry but as we all know that Kamal will have plenty of surprises in stores, we have to wait little longer to know the real plot of the film.

Another interesting aspect of the film is that there is a drama around the character of ‘Superstar’ Kamal that his son questioning ‘Whether he will leave his mother for another woman’ which really grabs our attention and Urvashi’s dialogue proves that Kamal is a big superstar and loved by many.

The scene where Kamal narrates a story to K Balachander in one minute and getting his nod for a big project is something which should be watched out in big screen. With the trailer, we are guessing that the script narrated by Kamal might be similar to the life of 8th century Kamal Haasan who is supposedly a drama artist. Also, there is a connecting point that sums up both 21st century and 8th century portions which is abstractly explained in the trailer.

There are many questions on the relationship between Kamal and Parvathy Menon as the latter says ‘Avar enakku hero (pause) …neenga‘ and Kamal finishes the phrase by saying ‘Villain’ which indicate that there is a rival for the superstar Kamal Haasan (???).

Not just the 21st century Kamal, Pooja Kumar's question 'Nijamagavey Neengal Yaar' to the 8th century Kamal conveys that there is mystery around his character.

Having discussed the plot which we are able to guess with the trailer, we should definitely laud the extra-ordinary work of the sound designer and stunning background score of Ghibran.

Kamal has completed the sound design at Paramount Studios, Los Angeles and the quality is evident.

Russellbba
13th January 2015, 04:21 PM
என் உதிரத்தின் விதை, என் உயிர் உதிர்த்த சதை.. வேறொருவனை பகவன் என பொருத்திடுவேனா? Pagavan - meaning? ('pagaivan' - meaning enemy; 'bagavan' as in adhi bagavan mudhatre ulagu.. meaning god)

Expressions take importance than the dialogues in the trailer. This is definitely going to be one emotional ride. Akhilanda Manoranjan aka Uttama Villarey seekiram dharisanam thaarum.. we are waiting

The shot where he applies his make-up.. (is it that he wipes off his tears and turns it a make-up... UPO- wiping off tear with a pistol??)
The immediate next shot (the last of the trailer), that priceless expression he gives.. !! :notworthy:

Adox
13th January 2015, 05:19 PM
Although stating the obvious some more material ..

Who is Uttama Villain?

Is Kamal reprising his life through Uttama Villain? With a plethora of emotions, all we could see in the just released trailer is, the travel of a phenomenon called Kamal, the travel of a budding artist Kamal, the aspiring film-maker Kamal, the thinker, philosopher and the socialist Kamal.

There is also a period setting in the film. Is Kamal reborn as an actor to fulfill his dreams?

With an ensemble list of artists, Uttama Villain's trailer starts off with a powerful voice-over of Kamal, in fact the atheist in Kamal pops out.

Ghibran's scintillating music and Ramesh Aravind's perspective on direction might give a definite edge to this Kamal's product.

K.Balachandar seems to have done more than a guest role in the film. Is Kamal the Uttama Villain?

We will have to wait till the release of the film to find out. Until then, stay tuned for updates!

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/kamals-uttama-villain-is-a-travel-of-an-actor.html

avavh3
13th January 2015, 06:14 PM
:pink::shoot::boo::victory::redjump::bluejump::hap pydance::notworthy:

these are my lucky smilies..used them before release of VR also. eagerly waiting for UV and hope for the best.

trailer is..just awesome...thlaivaaaaaa...

pushpak
13th January 2015, 06:24 PM
Awesome ! ! !
No words.

Only fear at the corner of the mind is that it should not be too "classy" or "slow" for "common people".

Mr.GreyShirt
13th January 2015, 06:40 PM
Finally. Awesome trailer.

ArulprakasH
13th January 2015, 06:53 PM
Semma trailer... :thumbsup:

avavh3
13th January 2015, 10:19 PM
(seems to be reincarnation concept)

bp jumping. ennaya trailer idhu..ipdi expectationa egira vitta end product epdi irukumonnu bayama iruke..

my hunch..this will be couple of notches above thevar magan

irir123
13th January 2015, 10:41 PM
trailers are a usual route to get first impression - they may mean nothing - its standard practice to show the better scenes as a collage in a trailer (at least in Hollywood) to make it look dramatic.

I will wait for the film

ufktrfKnicity
13th January 2015, 11:02 PM
Suddenly thalaivar looks old. Maybe the heavy duty makeup of Indian,Avvai Shanmugi, Dasavatharam are beginning to show their effects.Trailer looks interesting.
BTW, is it Villain or Villan ? As the title is showing Villu Pattu kind of stuff.

pamrang
13th January 2015, 11:17 PM
Suddenly thalaivar looks old. Maybe the heavy duty makeup of Indian,Avvai Shanmugi, Dasavatharam are beginning to show their effects.Trailer looks interesting.
BTW, is it Villain or Villan ? As the title is showing Villu Pattu kind of stuff.

Interesting point! Never thought about that!

Arvind Srinivasan
14th January 2015, 12:53 AM
Trailer's good. But would want to wait for the film to come out before passing judgement. Satisfied

Adox
14th January 2015, 03:29 AM
'Uttama Villain' trailer is full of mystery

Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain trailer begins with a voice over of the protagonist uttering it in the classic Tamil ‘ En Uthirathin Vithai… En Uyir Vithaitha Sathai… Veroruvanai Pagavan enna Poruthudivena’ which tells us that the film might be based on father – son relationship, also there are chances that film might be based on the ‘intellectual property theft’ say a plagiarism in the film industry but as we all know that Kamal will have plenty of surprises in stores, we have to wait little longer to know the real plot of the film.

Another interesting aspect of the film is that there is a drama around the character of ‘Superstar’ Kamal that his son questioning ‘Whether he will leave his mother for another woman’ which really grabs our attention and Urvashi’s dialogue proves that Kamal is a big superstar and loved by many.

The scene where Kamal narrates a story to K Balachander in one minute and getting his nod for a big project is something which should be watched out in big screen. With the trailer, we are guessing that the script narrated by Kamal might be similar to the life of 8th century Kamal Haasan who is supposedly a drama artist. Also, there is a connecting point that sums up both 21st century and 8th century portions which is abstractly explained in the trailer.

There are many questions on the relationship between Kamal and Parvathy Menon as the latter says ‘Avar enakku hero (pause) …neenga‘ and Kamal finishes the phrase by saying ‘Villain’ which indicate that there is a rival for the superstar Kamal Haasan (???).

Not just the 21st century Kamal, Pooja Kumar's question 'Nijamagavey Neengal Yaar' to the 8th century Kamal conveys that there is mystery around his character.

Having discussed the plot which we are able to guess with the trailer, we should definitely laud the extra-ordinary work of the sound designer and stunning background score of Ghibran.

Kamal has completed the sound design at Paramount Studios, Los Angeles and the quality is evident.

http://www.sify.com/movies/uttama-villain-trailer-is-full-of-mystery-news-tamil-pbnoBdgfcbdbf.html?ref=slideout

kumarsr
14th January 2015, 04:08 AM
There is a coconut breaking scene in the trailer which is taking place in the current time and Poojakumar is also there. So, like Kamal, she is also part of 18th century as well as modern time portion. So this may give us some clues of the story.

Anban
14th January 2015, 04:14 AM
innuma intha ulagam story-a kandu pidikkala.. there are many clues in the trailer ..

Anban
14th January 2015, 04:15 AM
Manoranjan, the 21st century actor makes a movie called "Uttama Villain" about a 8th century drama artist ..

thats the one liner .. now watch the trailer again ..

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 05:17 AM
Manoranjan, the 21st century actor makes a movie called "Uttama Villain" about a 8th century drama artist ..

My guess -the 8th century and 21st century happenings are different and movie will show 2 timeframes in parallel..in the climax 8th century & 21st century characters meet,how the story/screenplay is done to meet? but surely I feel the concept is guilt about mischievous/truth/god..

kumarsr
14th January 2015, 05:23 AM

Yeah, sounds about right...but in the process, may also have some connection between current and older story (such as reincarnation) or solving some unsolved mystery of the past. Because if it is simply a question of someone making a story in the past, we might as well just watch the old story without the 21st century portion.

Dilbert
14th January 2015, 07:57 AM

Enna Anbar oru kuuthipunal madhri irukkumma? Classic with lots of usual kamal biting ?

Anban
14th January 2015, 08:01 AM
Enna Anbar oru kuuthipunal madhri irukkumma? Classic with lots of usual kamal biting ?

thambi dilbert :lol: you are finding new bad words with your attempts at tamil ..

Cinemarasigan
14th January 2015, 08:05 AM
thambi dilbert :lol: you are finding new bad words with your attempts at tamil ..

:lol: unintended comedy...

Cinemarasigan
14th January 2015, 08:07 AM

Interesting Plot... trailer is superb. KB acts as the director of the film...

Dilbert
14th January 2015, 08:26 AM

what bad words? biting oru bad wordaa?

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 09:03 AM

kuuthipunal madhri irukkumma?
idha mention pannunaar anban..'r' miss pannitinga so it sounded bad..typo error'nu ninaikuran,lets move on

Cinemarasigan
14th January 2015, 09:03 AM

No Sir,,, please read the movie name you have mentioned in your earlier post.. it was unintentional :)

pushpak
14th January 2015, 10:16 AM
kuuthipunal madhri irukkumma?
idha mention pannunaar anban..'r' miss pannitinga so it sounded bad..typo error'nu ninaikuran,lets move on

I think Kuruthipunal was (is) a great movie.
Even the folks who may disagree with me will have to agree that it was better than the movies which released along with it :-)

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 10:19 AM
Are we seriously answering Rajni fans comments here ? Dilbert and Anban have some past track relationship and lets please let that continue between them. Let us stick to uttama villian here ...... Kuruthippunal is a better film than Muthu ..... ithu ippo thevayaa ? Appadi ellarum othukitta .... whole Tamil nadu will have only kamal fans. Rajni fanskku muthu better ..... that is why they are rajni fans .... and tbis is why we are kamal fans. Leave it there na .......

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 11:11 AM
RC after watching UV trailer what do you feel? still you believe it will be like aboorva sagotharagal kind of classy-masala movie or it will be like anbe sivam kind of classic movie..
If its like anbesivam also it will be superhit but it shouldn't be like other catgegory..

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 11:13 AM
No ..... its going to be much more complex in script than apoorva ....... but the content will have more appeal to people than Anbe sivam. So we are looking at 70 percent Appu plus 30 percent sivam combo .......

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 11:21 AM
"I" review posting here? separate thread is there for I movie..

Dilbert
14th January 2015, 05:03 PM
Are we seriously answering Rajni fans comments here ? Dilbert and Anban have some past track relationship and lets please let that continue between them. Let us stick to uttama villian here ...... Kuruthippunal is a better film than Muthu ..... ithu ippo thevayaa ? Appadi ellarum othukitta .... whole Tamil nadu will have only kamal fans. Rajni fanskku muthu better ..... that is why they are rajni fans .... and tbis is why we are kamal fans. Leave it there na .......

Neengea vera , Sir anbar is making fun of my damilsh here just because of a typo :lol:. My question was pretty simple UV rays will have the same effect or should I be wearing a polarized glasses getting into the theater. Daasall sir

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 05:11 PM
Sorry .

Anban
14th January 2015, 05:16 PM
the good thing is, the movie needs to run well for a week .. thats all.. thats why a non-family-friendly movie like a jigarthanda does well nowadays, which was impossible before ..

if this movie generates big hype and expectations, it will be a success ..

avavh3
14th January 2015, 06:03 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/images/kamals-uttama-villain-is-a-travel-of-an-actor-photos-pictures-stills-1.jpg
Who is Uttama Villain?
Jan 13, 2015
Is Kamal reprising his life through Uttama Villain? With a plethora of emotions, all we could see in the just released trailer is, the travel of a phenomenon called Kamal, the travel of a budding artist Kamal, the aspiring film-maker Kamal, the thinker, philosopher and the socialist Kamal.

There is also a period setting in the film. Is Kamal reborn as an actor to fulfill his dreams?

With an ensemble list of artists, Uttama Villain's trailer starts off with a powerful voice-over of Kamal, in fact the atheist in Kamal pops out.

Ghibran's scintillating music and Ramesh Aravind's perspective on direction might give a definite edge to this Kamal's product.

K.Balachandar seems to have done more than a guest role in the film. Is Kamal the Uttama Villain?

We will have to wait till the release of the film to find out. Until then, stay tuned for updates!
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/kamals-uttama-villain-is-a-travel-of-an-actor.html

dell_gt
14th January 2015, 06:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7T6LAFCQAA8m2m.jpg

dell_gt
14th January 2015, 06:13 PM
suma terikuthu!!! blue n black.. Pongal Valthukal frens :)

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 06:19 PM
Fantastic stills after a long time for KH movie

Adox
14th January 2015, 06:32 PM
Uttama Villain Movie Gallery

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/moviegallery/18498.html

Arvind Srinivasan
14th January 2015, 06:59 PM
I think its a good move on the part of the team to give the distribution rights to EROS. With Lingusamy in doldrums after the Anjaan fiasco, it is all but natural for him to give the reins to another company

Raajjaa
14th January 2015, 07:00 PM
டிரைலர்ல முதிர்ச்சி தெரியுது. ஆனா இதுல 35 வயசு மாதிரி இருக்காரு.
ஒன்னுமே புரியலே.

venkkiram
14th January 2015, 07:09 PM
டிரைலர்ல முதிர்ச்சி தெரியுது. ஆனா இதுல 35 வயசு மாதிரி இருக்காரு.
ஒன்னுமே புரியலே.

This is what I also suspected and twitted that Kamal needs to make sure his character in movies goes well with the look. Last 10 years, he stayed away from singing duets that's really a welcome thing. Media always praises he looks very young and competitive with next gen actors. But the moment media starts nitpicking his aging look, it wont be good. His body frame has become broader and close up shots reveals the character is in between 40 to 50.

avavh3
14th January 2015, 07:34 PM
vibrant still..after many years. dialogue by crazy right?

Raajjaa
14th January 2015, 08:04 PM
அப்படியே காக்கிசட்டை, வெற்றிவிழா மாதிரி ஒரு படம் கொடுத்தா நல்லா இருக்கும்.

pushpak
14th January 2015, 08:26 PM
அப்படியே காக்கிசட்டை, வெற்றிவிழா மாதிரி ஒரு படம் கொடுத்தா நல்லா இருக்கும்.

+ 10000000000

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 08:47 PM
Kaaki chattai ...... I can write a full page on that movie experience. If anyone of u would be interested to read it that is.

joe
14th January 2015, 08:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7T6LAFCQAA8m2m.jpg

OMG ..Thala is still dashing

mappi
14th January 2015, 08:50 PM
Kaaki chattai ...... I can write a full page on that movie experience. If anyone of u would be interested to read it that is.

Please, I am interested. Thanks.

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks Mappi. Here goes.

I was in 2nd standard. I used to love watching Kamal and Rajni movies. My dad was an engineer in Public works at Pondicherry ... so We had access to day one tickets for big movies.
And when I say big ...... 80s were real big. Kamal or Rajni movies used to release in Balaji or Ananda theatre. Kakki was at Anandaa. As is the norm, police force arrives previous day afternoon when the fans throng the theatre and the bars and wine shops surrounding. The roads are blocked for traffic for the whole of first weekend. Color paintings on the road. Huge kamal portraits get painted on the road.
I enter the theater with family. A music band which usually plays for death rally is playing katta vandi katta vandi, varuthu varuthu etc.
Black ticket dealers are making hay while the Kamal shines with 20 rs tickets going for 100 rs.
Police comws in between to take mamool.
Selected stills from the movie are kept in the theater corridor and there is mass rush to see those stills. ( dont forget .... there was no fb or whatsap or cable tv to show trailers or movie stills .)
Movie starts ........ theatre deafened by claps and shouts for the CBFC certificate and some one loudly murmurs ...... dei .... 15 reels da ( ya .... that was a time when wikipedia wouldnt give u running time and u had to count the number of reels to get an estimation )

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 09:07 PM
Titles ...... theri mass mass mass. I had goose bumps as a 6 year old kid.
Digital graphic images of kamal followed by ambika madhavi rajiv ...... and then sudden change of music with satyaraj appearing. Claps get added.
Again change in bgm .... vaanile thenila music plays ..... whostles all over. ILAYARAJA name ....... semma claps.
Thalaivar Kamal intro exercose motta maadii scene .... not a very mass intro .... but immediate start of comedy sequences.
Police interviews .... Training on the bathroom pipes with thavalkala and kallapatti singaram .....Ambika romance .... Thengai srinivasan comedy scene ....... kamal fails yet again in interview ...... audience engrossed.
Singari sarakku ..... full of whistles ...... kamal shales hands reluctantly with Satyaraj ........ Interval

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 09:13 PM
Second half starts off on a different ambience altogether ...... the englishman fight with MCP kamal at his best with bikini figure Madhavi...... full full claps especially for the parallel bars fight sequence.
After that a little bit dampener by giving too much role to useless fellow Rajiv ( cant understand why )
Superb pre climax where thalaivar gets exposed as traitor because of the famous Thagudu Thagudu sequence.
Senthaamarai turns to be a honest cop after all ..... surprise enough for 80s audience.
And then Vanitha mani song ...... Ilayaraja stamps his presence as the emperor.

Routine climax.

On the whole , fantastic masala entertainer. 1980s ..... those were the days.

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 09:15 PM
The end

avavh3
14th January 2015, 09:24 PM
vanitha mani :lol: nalla thana poitrunchichu..!

Arvind Srinivasan
14th January 2015, 09:27 PM
Chandra....great posts...:thumbsup:

radiochandra1977
14th January 2015, 09:46 PM
Unmai Vilambi ..... oru 37 year old doctor .... half demented .... now on the 4th peg of Mansion House brandy ..... sila thappugal nadakkaathaa ? I meant Vaanile Thenilaa.

pushpak
14th January 2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks Mappi. Here goes.

I was in 2nd standard. I used to love watching Kamal and Rajni movies. My dad was an engineer in Public works at Pondicherry ... so We had access to day one tickets for big movies.
And when I say big ...... 80s were real big. Kamal or Rajni movies used to release in Balaji or Ananda theatre. Kakki was at Anandaa. As is the norm, police force arrives previous day afternoon when the fans throng the theatre and the bars and wine shops surrounding. The roads are blocked for traffic for the whole of first weekend. Color paintings on the road. Huge kamal portraits get painted on the road.
I enter the theater with family. A music band which usually plays for death rally is playing katta vandi katta vandi, varuthu varuthu etc.
Black ticket dealers are making hay while the Kamal shines with 20 rs tickets going for 100 rs.
Police comws in between to take mamool.
Selected stills from the movie are kept in the theater corridor and there is mass rush to see those stills. ( dont forget .... there was no fb or whatsap or cable tv to show trailers or movie stills .)
Movie starts ........ theatre deafened by claps and shouts for the CBFC certificate and some one loudly murmurs ...... dei .... 15 reels da ( ya .... that was a time when wikipedia wouldnt give u running time and u had to count the number of reels to get an estimation )

Similar experince for me.
By the time I got out of the theater my throat was gone shouting and whistling :-)

Highest noices by fans were made when :
1. Ofcourse intro.
2. One hand push ups
3. Ambika trying to kiss Nammavar
4. Bob Cristo's hat getting disposed with the javelin
5. Poo potta davani - especially one step where he makes a movement with knife in hand.

Marakka mudiyavillai...

Arvind Srinivasan
14th January 2015, 10:00 PM
After that a little bit dampener by giving too much role to useless fellow Rajiv ( cant understand why )

:rotfl:

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 10:27 PM
This is what I also suspected and twitted that Kamal needs to make sure his character in movies goes well with the look. Last 10 years, he stayed away from singing duets that's really a welcome thing. Media always praises he looks very young and competitive with next gen actors. But the moment media starts nitpicking his aging look, it wont be good. His body frame has become broader and close up shots reveals the character is in between 40 to 50.

Media is just giving hype he looks young..may be compared to them he looks bit young at the age of 60 but definitely he looked aged..
Also his clean shave look doesn't help either..when you are 30,40's clean shave will show you much younger..above 50's it shows you much older..
The good thing is he has the energy and knowledge to write script that suits his age/looks and still engage the audience..In between he can show young looks in movie with the help of make-up like MMA "neela vaanam song" and to cover body frame not to look braoder he can wear coat,jacket,long shots,etc..In Vishwaroopam he looked good becauase of make-up and dress..in US portions most of the time he wears jacket which will cover the body frame and afgan portion dress shows him thin..

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 10:31 PM
Second half starts off on a different ambience altogether ...... the englishman fight with MCP kamal at his best with bikini figure Madhavi...... full full claps especially for the parallel bars fight sequence.
Superb pre climax where thalaivar gets exposed as traitor because of the famous Thagudu Thagudu sequence.
Senthaamarai turns to be a honest cop after all ..... surprise enough for 80s audience.

Routine climax.

superb writing..best of lot "Senthaamarai turns to be a honest cop after all ..... surprise enough for 80s audience."

Adox
14th January 2015, 10:56 PM
Can we forget SPB's piece sounding just like kamal in 'Poo potta dhavani bodhayil aduthae ..' and of course best of all S.Janaki's sexy shrill that follows after his 'rajathi ...' !! Was pretty embarrassing to watch at home with others.

ramdas2005
14th January 2015, 10:56 PM
Nice write up @radio/@pushphak, i watched KS at Devi Paradise/Udayam (Cinemascope), in udayam went to watch just to see in cinemascope. Title credits were awesome and gave me goosebumps. Total paisa vasool movie, kamal in PooPotta Davani dance was awesome, also the vanillae thenilla song...He was in his best looks in the film...
All the best for UV, age will definitely catch up also with the strains of all the makeup in the future films he acted in...

Chikatiloan
14th January 2015, 11:54 PM
My first kamalhaasan film in theater is nayagan when I was 5 year old..went with my sithappa & his friends in cycle..
At that time no theater in neyveli township and we need to goto outskirts to watch movie which is 20Km away from home...My sithappa and friends were shouting like anything in theater and after coming out they were discussing about the movie/praising heavily..i am sitting in backside of cycle and hearing those discussions and wondered..At that age I didn't like that movie except fight scenes and "nila adhu vaanathu maela song"..
Next day they went to manidhan movie which released at the same time but my parents didn't allow me at that age to watch movies back to back..Later on after 1 week i went to watch manidhan(which offcourse my 1st RK movie in theater) with mother and I liked that movie much by that time since it has more fights..

After joining college I watched nayagan in suntv and realized its a classic..

My father gr8 fan of sivaji by 70's they will go to pondy which is 50Km away from neyveli in cycle to watch sivaji movies..kaalam maari pochu

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 12:05 AM

Routine climax.

Pondy is always kamalhaasan forte if I am not wrong..whenever I goto pondy in private bus most of the time they will play kamal songs..nowadays I don't know..

radiochandra1977
15th January 2015, 12:09 AM
Kamal ruled in Pondy 80s and early 90s

Avadi to America
15th January 2015, 12:27 AM
In my school days, kids used to have rajini/kamal pics in their white shirt (either on the pocket or back).

radiochandra1977
15th January 2015, 02:39 AM
I movie very very disappointing for me. Makkaley .... eppadiyaavathu hit aakkungo. Illenna ...... VR 2 is equal to Vadakkutheru Ramasamykku kudutha kadan kaasu.

ramdas2005
15th January 2015, 02:50 AM
I movie very very disappointing for me. Makkaley .... eppadiyaavathu hit aakkungo. Illenna ...... VR 2 is equal to Vadakkutheru Ramasamykku kudutha kadan kaasu.
Hope AASCAR gets money to release VR-2, really sorry state of affairs, are producers not interested in VR-2 because of kamal???

radiochandra1977
15th January 2015, 02:52 AM
Meaning ? Aascar is producer only na ?

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 03:03 AM
Meaning ? Aascar is producer only na ?

whether "I" is hit or flop what aascar is going to do without releasing Vishwaroopam2 when 90% of movie is already shot..
Say for 10% of remaining shoot he will spend 10 crores but by not releasing the movie he will loose 50-60Cr minimum with TV rights,audio rights..60cr is not big money?i feel the reason is something else..
If "I" is blockbuster then VR2 is extension of "I"s market,If "I" flops then VR2 comes as rescue,thats how I am seeing it..

Adox
15th January 2015, 03:25 AM
Hope AASCAR gets money to release VR-2, really sorry state of affairs, are producers not interested in VR-2 because of kamal???

Why do you say that ? VR has high production costs in comparison to UV or Papanaasam. Only Oscar at the moment can do it but he's stuck on finances. He needed to get I out first to get something in hand. Oscar is a big budget producer and he has done Kamal's Dasa in 2010. If I flops, VR-2 can still get out but maybe delayed a little more for all the post costs. That'll be my guess. Hopefully Kamal completes the reshoot planned quickly.

irir123
15th January 2015, 03:27 AM
the intro for Kamal was much better in Enakkul Oruvan than in KC - EO was my first experience in a real big hall with state-of-the-art sound system incl subwoofers theruchhifying the bass lines from "engae enthan kadhali"

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRdYlNv-No)

(note the final drum roll at 5:22 - IR's bombastic music matched by Kamal perfectly enacting the drum players enthu!) and "megam kottattum" (Udhayam) - EO didnt do as well as KC at the BO, but it had its unique moments, incl the evergreen "megam kottattum", the Kamal-Sri Priya chase scenes in Darjeeling (or was it Simla), the drastic change in BGM tone and feel as the story shifts to Shimla/Darjeeling, the eye-popping stunt scene showcasing Kamal's martial arts skills - the end was super sappa masala.

KC was blockbuster from day 1 - was difficult to get tickets for more than 2 months - again at Udhayam. Sathyaraj's contribution to the film's success was as much as it was Kamal's star status IMO. Kamal looked like a kizhangu with massive shoulders and biceps and yet super - flexible - some testesterone filled stunts and dances again with a masala sappa ending, made it a wholesome entertainer

cm123
15th January 2015, 06:50 AM
KS was very famous at that time. I watched it several times in videos for temple, kalyanam n karumathi functions apart from theatre.

venkkiram
15th January 2015, 08:01 AM
KS was very famous at that time. I watched it several times in videos for temple, kalyanam n karumathi functions apart from theatre.

சரியா சொன்னிங்க.. அந்தப் படத்தை நான் விசிஆரில் பார்த்தது தான் அதிகம். ஊர்ல நடக்கிற ஒவ்வொரு கோயில் திருவிழாக்கள், திருமண நிகழ்ச்சிகளுக்கு தெருவையை அடைத்து விசிஆரில் இரவு முழுதுக்கும் படம் போடுவார்கள். ஒரு கமல் படம், ஒரு ரஜினி படம் கட்டாயமா இருக்கும். அதிலே காக்கிச் சட்டை பிரபலம்.

டாக்டர் இங்கே சொன்னதுபோல.. ஆரம்ப டைட்டிலே அதகளம்.. வண்ண வண்ணங்களில் ஒவ்வொரு நடிகர்-நடிகைகளின் முகங்கள்.. பின்னணியில் ராஜாவின் பின்னி பெடலேடுக்கும் இசை.. முடிந்து படம் ஆரம்பிக்கும் காட்சியான கமல் உடற்பயிற்சி எடுப்பது.. தியேட்டரில் விசில் பறந்தது. அப்போதெல்லாம் ஊர்ல இளைஞர்கள் ஆர்வக்கோளாரில் ஒரு கையை ஊன்றிக்கொண்டே புஷ்-அப் எடுத்ததைப் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன். முப்பது அடி பைப்-ல அப்படியே கட்டிடம் ஏறுவது என கமலின் வித்தைகளை வைத்தே படம் நகர்வது அப்போதெல்லாம் ரொம்ப வித்யாசமான முயற்சி. கமலுக்கு இந்தக் காலக் கட்டத்தில் வந்த திரைப்படங்களில் முடி ரொம்ப அழகா இருக்கும். அம்பிகா கமலை விரட்டி விரட்டி காதல் செய்வது - ரொம்ப நல்லாவே நடிச்சிருப்பாங்க. எப்படி கமல்-ஸ்ரீதேவி ஒரு சில படங்களில் ஜோடி என்றால் இதுதான் எனச் சொல்வோமே, அதுபோல காக்கிச் சட்டையில் கமல்-அம்பிகா. துணிக்கடையின் டிரையல் ரூமில் அம்பிகா கமலின் பேண்டை சரி செய்வது என காதல் கிளுகிளுப்புக்கு குறைவே இல்லாமல்.. முதல் பாகம் அப்படியே ஐஸ்கட்டி போல கரைந்து போகும். காதல் காட்சி மற்றும் கேலிப் பேச்சுகளில் அம்பிகா நடிப்பு எனக்கு ரொம்பப் பிடிக்கும். ரொம்ப டேலண்டடான நடிகை.

முதல் பாடல்--பட்டுக்கன்னம் தொட்டுக்கன்னம்.. ரொம்பவும் கலர்புல்லான காட்சிகள். பாடல் முழுதும் மூன்று வெவ்வேறு உடைகளில் இருவரும் தோன்றுவார்கள். சில இடங்களில் ராஜ உடையிலும், போர்வீரன் உடையிலும் கமல் நடந்துவரும் அழகில் ஆண்மை தெறிக்கும். அதற்கு அடுத்து, கடத்தல் லாரியை கமல் போலிஸ் உடையில் பைக்கில் சென்று சண்டைபோடுவது.. லாரியின் அடிப்புறத்தில் கமல் கீழே தொங்கிக்கொண்டே செல்வது.. அந்த ஒளிப்பதிவையெல்லாம் அப்போதைய காலத்தில் ரொம்ப சிலாகித்திருக்கிறேன். முதல் முறையாக கமல் - சத்யராஜ் சந்திப்பில் கமல் உடுத்திவரும் நீலக் கலர் டி-ஷர்ட் இன்னமும் ஞாபகம் இருக்கு. போலிஸ் ஆளெடுப்பு- நேர்முகத் தேர்வில் தோல்வி பொறுக்காமல் சிங்காரி சரக்கு என ஒய்.விஜயா மற்றும் பெண்களுடன் டப்பாங்குத்து.. இதுல ஒரு சில இடங்களில் கமலின் நடனம் கிளாஸ். போலிஸ் வாய்ப்பு கிடைக்கல என்ற வெறுப்பு அதிகமாகி வில்லன்களுடன் சேருவது.. படத்தோட கதைநகர்வில் முக்கியமான திருப்பம். அங்கே நீச்சல் குளத்தில் மாதவியின் அறிமுகமே ஏடாகூடமா இருக்கும். அந்தக் காலத்தில் சண்டைக்காட்சிகளுக்கென புதிது புதிதா உடற்கட்டு மேலோங்கி இருக்கும் ஆட்கள் வருவார்கள். அவர்களை படத்தின் ஹீரோ கடைசியில் எப்படியாவது வீழ்த்திவிடுவார் எனத் தெரிந்து விடும்.. ஆனால் சண்டை எளிதில் முடியாது. முதலில் அந்த வில்லன் ஹீரோவை புரட்டி எடுப்பார்.. கடைசியில் ஹீரோ ஏதாவது சூழ்ச்சி செய்து வெற்றி பெறுவார். அதுபோல ஒரு சண்டை பேரலல் பாரில் நடக்கும். கோர்ட்-சூட்டோடு சண்டை போடுவார் கமல். ரொம்ப ரசித்து பார்த்த சண்டைக் காட்சி இது.

அம்பிகா ராஜீவ்-சத்யராஜ் கொள்ளை கூட்டத்தில் அடிமையாக இருக்கும் கமலை மீட்க வரும் காட்சிகள், அதற்கு கமல் மதிப்பே கொடுக்காமல் மூஞ்சில் அடித்தது போல பேசுவது நமக்கே கமல் மீது ஒருவித வெறுப்பு வரும். பிளாஸ்பேக் காட்சியில் கண்மணியே பேசு.. இன்னொருமுறை கமல்-அம்பிகா அசத்துவார்கள். மாதவியோடு கமல் நட்பு, ராஜீவ் அம்பிகாவை வலைவீசுவது, பூப்போட்டத் தாவணி டிஸ்கோ பாடல் என கொஞ்சம் கூட தொய்வே இல்லாமல் படத்தை நகர்த்திருப்பது இயக்குனரின் சாமார்த்தியம். ராஜாவின் இசை பெரிய தூண் படத்திற்கு. எதிராளி சார்பில் இருந்த நல்ல மாதவி இறந்துபோவது - வழக்கமா இப்படித்தான் இரண்டாவது கதாநாயகியை முடித்துவைப்பார்கள். இந்தப் படமும் அதற்கு விதிவிலக்கல்ல. வானிலே தேனிலா.. எந்த நேரத்தில் எப்பேர்பட்ட பாடல்.. பாடலின் காட்சிகளிலேயே வில்லன்களின் அடுத்தகட்ட கடத்தல் திட்டத்தையும் காட்டியிருப்பார்கள். நல்ல இயக்கத்திற்கு இதையும் உதாரணமாக சொல்லலாம். கமல்-அம்பிகா-சத்யராஜ்-செந்தாமரை-மற்றும் அயல்நாட்டு கடத்தல் காரர்கள் காட்சி.. அதிலே சத்யராஜின் டயலாக் டெலிவரி சூப்பர். கமலைப் பார்த்து 'சுடும்மா சுடு..நானும் சகோதரியும் ( அம்பிகா) சேர்ந்தே போறோம்!"ன்னு பேசும் நக்கல் இருக்குதே.. அசத்தல்.. அப்படி சிரிச்சிப் பேசிக்கிட்டே "பாஸ்கரு.. நீ துரோகம் மட்டுமே பண்ணியிருக்கடா!" என கோரமுகத்துடன் சுடுவதும்.. வில்லத்தனத்தின் உச்சம்.

கடைசியாய்.... க்ளைமாக்ஸ். எந்தப் படத்திலும் பார்க்காத ஒன்று.. பாம்கள் வெடித்து வெடித்து சிதற, அதற்கு இடையில் விசைப்படகில் கமல் வில்லன் ஆட்களை துரத்தி ஒவ்வொருவரையும் அழிப்பது.. அதற்கு அடுத்து தகடு மறைந்தது வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் கிடங்கில் வில்லன்களை முறியடிப்பது.. தனது லட்சியமான போலிஸ் பதவியை அடைவது.. அப்போதைய காலக் கட்ட மசாலாப் படங்களில் முக்கியமானதொரு இடம். காக்கிச்சட்டை கொடுத்த இன்பங்கள் கொஞ்ச நஞ்சமல்ல..

cm123
15th January 2015, 08:33 AM
It was directed by Rajasekar.DId he direct any other Kamal movie apart from this and Vikram?

Kanna
15th January 2015, 09:44 AM
It was directed by Rajasekar.DId he direct any other Kamal movie apart from this and Vikram?

The success of Kaaki Chattai and Padikkadhavan prompted Kamal and Rajini to give another movie to Rajasekar. He responded with a flop each. Vikram and Maaveeran respectively.

pushpak
15th January 2015, 09:47 AM

No.
Infact, even though he had many block busters, he directed very few movies, right?

radiochandra1977
15th January 2015, 09:48 AM
In fact , he directed only 60 percent of Vikram. He got busy with RK movie halfway thru, kamal had to change location from middle east to Rajastan and made the movie in a hurry ghosting for the director.

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 09:50 AM
The success of Kaaki Chattai and Padikkadhavan prompted Kamal and Rajini to give another movie to Rajasekar. He responded with a flop each. Vikram and Maaveeran respectively.

After 2 duds he directed mappillai which is blockbuster and dharmadurai which is average one..

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 10:09 AM
In fact , he directed only 60 percent of Vikram. He got busy with RK movie halfway thru, kamal had to change location from middle east to Rajastan and made the movie in a hurry ghosting for the director.

Vikram songs are ultimate..that too "vikram vikram" song sung by KH-wow what a energy in singing that song,
"En Jodi Manja Kuruvi" song - what energy in his dance,Vanithavani,meendum-meendum vaa song were evergreen..
somehow the same energy is missing in the movie..

avavh3
15th January 2015, 11:15 AM
UV thread changed to Kakki Sattai! really super movie even for today. Dr. thambi's narration was gr8 (i was doing 5th std at that time :-D) venki sir covered all highlights of the movie which i wanted to cover! overall, masala or not, we would love to see many such movie from KH. can that happen?

avavh3
15th January 2015, 11:32 AM
niceaa sandadi saakla vikram is mentioned along side maviran. former was hit but latter was utter flop. jagajala killadingabba..

dell_gt
15th January 2015, 02:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7YKOWlCUAAFHDM.jpg

Saai
15th January 2015, 02:20 PM
paadalgal: subbu aarumugam - the famous villupaatu artist.

but where is the villupaattu angle in the trailer? will it be just a portion where the "star" kamal haasan performs villupaatu role or will villupaatu charecter be the part of the main story itself? "Uthama" in title has that villu used in villupaatu...

Saai
15th January 2015, 02:23 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Kamal-Haasan-uses-Malay-musical-instruments-for-Uttama-Villain/articleshow/36893235.cms

Villupaatu might have been used in conjunction with Theyyam...

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 05:41 PM
Uttama villain trailer with english subtitle

"The seed of my blood,The flesh of my flesh,Will I tolderate you calling another "Sire"?
Sire->Lord/ancestor

kumarsr
15th January 2015, 06:07 PM
KH had a fallout with Rajasekhar because he somehow did not cooperate during the making of Vikram. He spent time on Maveeran which was RK's own production. It did not do well either. KH did not work with Rajasekhar after that.

Chikatiloan
15th January 2015, 07:28 PM
KH had a fallout with Rajasekhar because he somehow did not cooperate during the making of Vikram. He spent time on Maveeran which was RK's own production. It did not do well either. KH did not work with Rajasekhar after that.
Always people will support hero and not others like directors,etc..in vikram movie you told rajasekar didn't cooperate..it can be other way also since its sujatha story under kamalhaasan own production..who knows?

Adox
15th January 2015, 10:41 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Kamal-Haasan-uses-Malay-musical-instruments-for-Uttama-Villain/articleshow/36893235.cms

Villupaatu might have been used in conjunction with Theyyam...

Hope his bold experimentation goes well with the audience. I dont think there's anybody there who has done this before. As always, to trail blaze ...

Avadi to America
15th January 2015, 10:46 PM

Vikram had an excellent pre release hype... I still remember seeing stills of whole movie as album before the release...I got a chance to watch the movie few months back...Somehow the movie was good in first 1 hr after that it was heading no where....However, the songs are rage those days even today....IR's one of the excellent commercial album.....

irir123
15th January 2015, 11:50 PM
Vikram had an excellent pre release hype... I still remember seeing stills of whole movie as album before the release...I got a chance to watch the movie few months back...Somehow the movie was good in first 1 hr after that it was heading no where....However, the songs are rage those days even today....IR's one of the excellent commercial album.....

Indian commercial cinema's first proper rap song "vikram vikram" - the S Janaki chorus with wah-wah pedal guitar effects in the interludes are badass and unmatched even now - IR's zenith of creativity - we ached for stereo systems and spent sneaky hours during weekends in audio shops only for the bass effect IR pioneered in every track of his including pathos songs like 'kanmaniye pesu' (kaakki sattai)!

irir123
16th January 2015, 03:09 AM
important point - in the 1980s - when someone takes seema sarakku in movies, they do it raw/direct - straight - no soda / water mixing- as Rajeev does in Kakki sattai

venkkiram
16th January 2015, 09:57 AM
உத்தமவில்லன் டிரைலரை இன்று கூர்ந்து கவனித்ததில் அகப்பட்ட சில விஷயங்கள்.

1) நீண்டதொரு மரக்கழியைக் கொண்டு கமலின் தலை பின்புறத்தில் அடிப்பது வையாபுரி. ( நல்லகலைஞன் வையாபுரி. மும்பை எக்ஸ்பிரஸ்ற்கு பிறகு அவரின் திறமை கண்டு அங்கிகரிக்கும் கமலுக்கு பாராட்டுக்கள். )

2) பிளாஷ்பேக் ராஜகுல காட்சியில் பூஜாகுமாரை நாசர் மானபங்கப் படுத்துகிறார். இன்னொரு காட்சியில் வன்புணர்ச்சி செய்யவும் முயல்கிறார். சூழ்ச்சிப் படலத்தில் கமல் சிக்கி சிறைவைக்கப்படுகிறார் போலத் தெரியுது. ஒருவேளை பூஜாகுமார் நாசரின் மனைவியாகக் கூட இருக்கலாம். கமல் மீது காதல் வயப்பட்டு பிரச்சினை உண்டாகியிருக்கலாம்.

3) நிகழ்கால காட்சி ஒன்றிலும் பூஜாகுமார் வருகிறார்.

4) பிளாஷ்பேக் - தெய்யம் நடனக் காட்சி ஒன்றில் கமலின் நண்பரும், பேச்சாளருமான ஞானசம்பந்தமும் உடைதரித்து நிற்கிறார். விருமாண்டி பேய்க்காமன் புகழ் சண்முகராஜனும் வருகிறார்.

5) பிளாஷ்பேக் காட்சியில் கமல் சைவ மார்க்கத்தை கடைபிடிக்கும் மனிதராக வருகிறார்.

venkkiram
16th January 2015, 10:41 AM
Vikram had an excellent pre release hype... I still remember seeing stills of whole movie as album before the release...I got a chance to watch the movie few months back...Somehow the movie was good in first 1 hr after that it was heading no where....However, the songs are rage those days even today....IR's one of the excellent commercial album..... குமுதத்தில் ஒரு தொடராகவே விக்ரம் என்ற பெயரில் ஒவ்வொருவாரமும் படத்தின் ஒரு சிலக் காட்சிப் புகைப்படங்களோடு சுஜாதா எழுதிவந்தது மிகப்பெரிய எதிர்பார்ப்பை கொண்டுவந்தது.

balaajee
16th January 2015, 12:50 PM
குமுதத்தில் ஒரு தொடராகவே விக்ரம் என்ற பெயரில் ஒவ்வொருவாரமும் படத்தின் ஒரு சிலக் காட்சிப் புகைப்படங்களோடு சுஜாதா எழுதிவந்தது மிகப்பெரிய எதிர்பார்ப்பை கொண்டுவந்தது.

Vikram is a good movie.. Today also it's watchable.. A well made attempt...a 007 type...

avavh3
16th January 2015, 04:15 PM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10521839_809942139042515_2532510902315246528_n.jpg ?oh=f9086cce4b9d3f03b30599f684c0493f&oe=552A5246&__gda__=1428377807_7666f264545b5dfd1f4f45d3f00b586 c

avavh3
16th January 2015, 04:19 PM
what a pic!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7YbGbUCEAAWYy-.jpg:large

radiochandra1977
16th January 2015, 04:19 PM
Red is fan made

avavh3
16th January 2015, 04:20 PM
Kamal Haasan Fans retweeted
சண்டியர் கரன் @SandiyarKaran · Jan 14
உத்தம வில்லன் "காதலர் மாதத்தில்" திரையில்!!!! #UttamaVillain
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7UhExJCAAIwabL.jpg:large

avavh3
16th January 2015, 04:31 PM
sorry if already posted
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BivcjRrCcAAIup_.jpg:large

dialogue yaarunnu yaarume solla maatranga:banghead:

pamrang
17th January 2015, 01:46 AM
Crazy Mohan aa irunthaal romba nalla irukkum.....I wonder why Kamal is not collaborating with Crazy anymore. They were a superhit duo.

nickraman
17th January 2015, 06:51 AM
From the end credits of the UV trailer, the choreography consultant credit lists one of the song titles, "Attakkalari"

Anban
17th January 2015, 07:15 AM
dialogues by Kamal Haasan

pushpak
17th January 2015, 07:30 AM
When will they announce the date of announcement?

Cinemarasigan
17th January 2015, 08:58 AM
When will they announce the date of announcement?

:lol:

venkkiram
17th January 2015, 09:29 AM
dialogue yaarunnu yaarume solla maatranga:banghead:

ஹாலிவுட் ஸ்டைல்தான்.. பெயர் போடும்போது கதை திரைக்கதை இயக்கம் என்ற அளவோடு நிறுத்திக்கொள்வார்கள். வசனம் என தனியே சொல்லிக்க மாட்டார்கள். கதை-திரைக்கதை இந்த ஆக்கங்களிலேயே வசனம் என்பதும் பிறந்துவிடும். நம்ம ஊர்லதான் ஆரூர்தாஸ், பாலகுமாரன், லியாகத் அலிகான் என வசனத்திற்காக தனியாகவே ஆட்களை வைத்துக் கொள்வார்கள்.

avavh3
17th January 2015, 11:46 AM
venki sir, i have seen titles "written & directed by" or "ezhuthu & iyakkam" in which case it is understood story, screenplay & dialogue are covered in one word. but in UV posters "kadhai, thiraikadhai" were mentioned..thats why the confusion.

crazy mohan could have been better like in both AS, serious as well comedy.

Raajjaa
17th January 2015, 06:37 PM
காக்கி சட்டையை பற்றி என் பங்கிற்க்கு கொஞ்சம்.

அப்போ எனக்கு வயசு 15.தமிழ்நாட்டிலேயே மதுரையில் தான் காக்கி சட்டை அதிக பட்சமாக 150 நாட்கள் ஓடியது. அதற்கான வெற்றி விழா மதுரையில் நடக்கிறது, கமல் பாண்டியன் எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் மூலமாக மதுரைக்கு வருகிறார் என பேப்பர் மூலம் தெரிந்து கொண்டேன். அப்போ எனது வீட்டில் இருந்து குறுக்காக நடந்து போனல் 5 நிமிடத்தில் ஸ்டேஷன் போயிடலாம். காலை 7 மணிக்கெல்லாம் ஸ்டேஷன் போயாச்சு. பிளாட்பாரத்தில் சரியான கூட்டம். சரியாக Train 7.15க்கு வந்தது.அதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக நான் நின்று இருந்த இடத்திற்கு எதிரே தான் A/c கோச் வந்து நின்றது. மனதில் ஒரே சந்தோஷம்.எப்படியாவது கமலிடம் கை குலுக்கி விடணும்னு ஒரே ஆசை. கமல் கதவை திறந்து எல்லோருக்கும் 'ஹாய்' சொன்னார். திடீர்னு ஒரு குண்டன்(மதுரை மாவட்ட தலைவராம்) கமலை கீழே இறங்க விடாமல் குழந்தையை தூக்கி கிட்டு ஓடுவது போல் கமலை தூக்கி கிட்டு ஒடிட்டான்.

அப்படியும் விடாமல் கமல் தங்கி இருந்த தமிழ் நாடு ஓட்டலுக்கும் மதியம் போல் சென்றேன். அங்கேயும் கூட்டம். விழாவில் சந்திப்போம் என்று 'டாட்டா' காட்டிட்டு போயிட்டார்.

விழா நடந்த லட்சுமி சுந்தரம் ஹாலுக்கும் மாலையில் சென்றேன். போலீஸ் அந்த பக்கமே விடவில்லை. கடைசி வரை கமலுக்கு கை கொடுக்கவே முடியவில்லை என்று வருத்தம். இருந்தாலும் கமலை 2 தடவை பார்த்தாச்சுனு மனசை தேத்திக்கிட்டு வீட்டுக்கு திரும்பியாச்சு.

paranitharan
18th January 2015, 12:42 AM
ada ungalukku appo than 15 vayasaa :o

pushpak
18th January 2015, 07:31 AM
ada ungalukku appo than 15 vayasaa :o

Good to see someone older than me ! !
:-)

Adox
18th January 2015, 07:14 PM
The 'Oscar' standard in Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain

Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain recently had its trailer released and appreciation has been pouring in ever since, for this interesting 93 seconds clip which had the Kamal stamp all over it. The trailer has more than 1.8 million views till date.

Uttama Villain had its sound mixing recently done in Los Angeles, USA and Craig Mann and Kunal Rajan took charge of this department, under the watchful supervision of Kamal himself.

In a great news, Craig Mann has been nominated for the Oscars this year for his work on the sound mixing for the movie Whiplash, starring Miles Teller and J.K.Simmons. Whiplash is rated at a very high 8.7 / 10 in IMDB and is already at No.42 in the much-followed Top 250 films list on the site. The film has been nominated for a total of 5 Oscars.

Now without any doubt, we can expect some serious quality in the sound of Uttama Villain.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/the-oscar-standard-in-kamal-haasans-uttama-villain.html

radiochandra1977
18th January 2015, 10:47 PM
Jayachandran Pazassy who is the founder of Attakalari ...... is the person credited along with Vasoolraja mbbs choreographers Shobi and Lalitha Shobi. Attakalari by Jayachandran seems to fuse techno innovative dance movements on background of traditional south indian dance forms.
With his info, I am more.and more getting reminded of Nattukkoru seidhi solli in Anbe Sivam ....... and am more.and more getting convinced that UV is more for the elite audience.

Chikatiloan
18th January 2015, 11:48 PM
Jayachandran Pazassy who is the founder of Attakalari ...... is the person credited along with Vasoolraja mbbs choreographers Shobi and Lalitha Shobi. Attakalari by Jayachandran seems to fuse techno innovative dance movements on background of traditional south indian dance forms.
With his info, I am more.and more getting reminded of Nattukkoru seidhi solli in Anbe Sivam ....... and am more.and more getting convinced that UV is more for the elite audience.

Now there are more elite audience and if anbe sivam is released now it will be a superhit..
nowadays people are trashing outdated movies,even many people are blaming "I" which is completely entertaining for me..at the same time they are appreciating good movies like Jigarthanda,etc....only thing is movie has to be clear and understandable with classic touches..anbe sivam is that category where the dialogues,flow of the movie is very clear..Heyram is also good classic movie but its complex,dialogues are not clear,language issues,etc so it will be flop even if its released now..

If UV is clear and understandable with classic touches then it will be superhit..

Dilbert
19th January 2015, 12:17 AM
The 'Oscar' standard in Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain

Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain recently had its trailer released and appreciation has been pouring in ever since, for this interesting 93 seconds clip which had the Kamal stamp all over it. The trailer has more than 1.8 million views till date.

Uttama Villain had its sound mixing recently done in Los Angeles, USA and Craig Mann and Kunal Rajan took charge of this department, under the watchful supervision of Kamal himself.

In a great news, Craig Mann has been nominated for the Oscars this year for his work on the sound mixing for the movie Whiplash, starring Miles Teller and J.K.Simmons. Whiplash is rated at a very high 8.7 / 10 in IMDB and is already at No.42 in the much-followed Top 250 films list on the site. The film has been nominated for a total of 5 Oscars.

Now without any doubt, we can expect some serious quality in the sound of Uttama Villain.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/the-oscar-standard-in-kamal-haasans-uttama-villain.html

:lol: appo Lingaa with ARR was not Oscar standards??.. OMG great insult to Music strom/tsunami

venkkiram
19th January 2015, 12:18 AM
Now there are more elite audience and if anbe sivam is released now it will be a superhit..
nowadays people are trashing outdated movies,even many people are blaming "I" which is completely entertaining for me..at the same time they are appreciating good movies like Jigarthanda,etc....only thing is movie has to be clear and understandable with classic touches..anbe sivam is that category where the dialogues,flow of the movie is very clear..Heyram is also good classic movie but its complex,dialogues are not clear,language issues,etc so it will be flop even if its released now..

If UV is clear and understandable with classic touches then it will be superhit..

I do not think AS will be superhit if get released now. Whenever I watch that movie, I only wish Kamal makes it in English like "Mrs and Mr Iyer" as it does not have much regional specific flavour except Nattukkoru seidhi solli. The plot is very well adaptive to national wide and it would attract lot more people across globe if the medium of the movie is English. Kamal and Madhavan's performance definitely deserve much more than it received so far.

Adox
19th January 2015, 12:50 AM
:lol: appo Lingaa with ARR was not Oscar standards??.. OMG great insult to Music strom/tsunami

Expecting good quality music .. avalavu dhan! Who cares if its oscar quality or not! Anyways Linga music by ARR was about so-so. He has done better in his previous ones ..

avavh3
19th January 2015, 03:36 PM
"am more and more getting convinced that UV is more for the elite audience"..Dr sir, i hope it is not. from the trailer and posters it seems to be a neat family entertainer. i would prefer BB movie liked by general audience even if hated by some elites.

"I do not think AS will be superhit if get released now"..+1 venki sir.

Cinemarasigan
19th January 2015, 04:01 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10487274_1013617065321476_3298166290008005868_n.jp g?oh=52705f0f2875eaccee39a0cef47803de&oe=55335219&__gda__=1432541916_f7cb9e6250b8f9354d4d348eae49ad7 f

Cinemarasigan
19th January 2015, 04:06 PM
"am more and more getting convinced that UV is more for the elite audience"..Dr sir, i hope it is not. from the trailer and posters it seems to be a neat family entertainer. i would prefer BB movie liked by general audience even if hated by some elites.

So you require a movie like Kakki Sattai...

avavh3
19th January 2015, 04:57 PM
so you require a movie like kakki sattai...

+10000000000000000000000 :smokesmirk:

avavh3
19th January 2015, 05:00 PM
good one CR..im a hero... naan oru uttama villain!

avavh3
19th January 2015, 06:33 PM
Kamal Haasan Fans retweeted
Rajasekar @sekartweets · Jan 17
Uttama villain audio launch likely to by January end ...Ghibran is glad with the appreciation he is getting for the trailer BGM

Cinemarasigan
20th January 2015, 10:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7w6rGcIYAE18AJ.jpg

avavh3
20th January 2015, 10:20 AM
செம ஜொள்ளூ போல :slurp:

Chikatiloan
21st January 2015, 08:06 PM
Latest news UttamaVillain postponed to summer April because of ongoing issues with theater owners..The makers were eager to release by feb and talks are going on but exhibitors don't want to release by exam time..
What to say I don't know even World cup is there but whether all these matters for movie that's fate will be decided in 3 days time..
If this is the case why they are holding low budget Papanasam?

Adox
21st January 2015, 09:46 PM
PP work for Papanasam still pending and not started ... Assuming it'll take a month for that, its not ready to release. But not sure why it has not started.

Chikatiloan
21st January 2015, 11:36 PM
PP work for Papanasam still pending and not started ... Assuming it'll take a month for that, its not ready to release. But not sure why it has not started.

Why so much delay in PP for low budget movie like papanasam..Its direct simple movie with no graphics,VFX,complex sound mixing..Long back heard shootig completed before diwali and PP going on..
papanasam shooting started in late august 14 and it seems movie will release by august..calling this movie as a quickie? what a crap?
I remember last year pongal 14 when KB questioned ramesh aravind about why cant you(kamal & you) make movie that is quickie,simple, "Janaranjanam" and Ramesh aravind replied "UV" is that kind of movie..ennatha solla..

kumarsr
22nd January 2015, 02:08 AM
Kamal Haasan’s Uthama Villain postponed to summer
http://faceinews.com/?p=1671

Kamal Haasan’s upcoming film Uthama Villain produced under his home banner in collaboration with Thirrupathi Brothers is getting close on the heels of completion. The flim stars Pooja Kumar, Oorvasi, Andrea Jeremiah and Parvathy Menon of Poo fame in female lead characters with Jayaram, late director K Balachandar and K Vishwanath performing important roles. The film was initially scheduled for release somewehre in February, but is now pushed to summer season owing to academic examinations and ICC World Cup 2015. The film is directed by Kamal Haasan’s close friend, actor-director Ramesh Aravind with Ghibran scoring music.

pushpak
22nd January 2015, 07:53 AM

The original's shooting itself was over in 1 month ! !
Same director. Almost same script. Only the hero changed.

pushpak
22nd January 2015, 07:56 AM
Kamal Haasan’s Uthama Villain postponed to summer
http://faceinews.com/?p=1671

Kamal Haasan’s upcoming film Uthama Villain produced under his home banner in collaboration with Thirrupathi Brothers is getting close on the heels of completion. The flim stars Pooja Kumar, Oorvasi, Andrea Jeremiah and Parvathy Menon of Poo fame in female lead characters with Jayaram, late director K Balachandar and K Vishwanath performing important roles. The film was initially scheduled for release somewehre in February, but is now pushed to summer season owing to academic examinations and ICC World Cup 2015. The film is directed by Kamal Haasan’s close friend, actor-director Ramesh Aravind with Ghibran scoring music.

Nothing surprising. We will find some reason or the other to postpone :-)

kumarsr
22nd January 2015, 09:21 AM
My only frustration is why they cannot announce a firm date, even if it is April and just stick to the plan?

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2015, 09:26 AM
Nothing surprising. We will find some reason or the other to postpone :-)

Feb is not bad for release... Tiruppathi Bros are looking for a long run and reaping big benefits...

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2015, 09:28 AM
My only frustration is why they cannot announce a firm date, even if it is April and just stick to the plan?

I don't think (y)our expectation would be fulfilled when KH is the Hero...

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2015, 09:30 AM
The original's shooting itself was over in 1 month ! !
Same director. Almost same script. Only the hero changed.

That is the only reason for the delay... lot of things used to defend the delay perfection, excellence etc etc... Considering the budget Papanasam can be released in Feb if UV is not releasing..

Chikatiloan
22nd January 2015, 08:15 PM
Don't be frustrated,this is not new from KamalHaasan..
In recent KH interview he said he cant answer to all questions from fans & critics but will read most of the messages posted in social sites and correct himself/answer in one way or other to all..I guess many of fans should post in official FB page or Ulaganaygan tube criticizing him for so much delay in releasing the movie and improper planning..Next IPL aprila aarambikuthu so postponed to june'u solla poraanga..

Also TFI is very very bad when it comes to planning..now there is a news Yennai arindhaal will be postponed to feb 5th,first they announced a pongal release,then 29th jan and now feb -5th..becoz of this anegan movie will be postponed by 1 week from feb-13 to feb-20 if YA does well..

pushpak
22nd January 2015, 09:00 PM
Don't be frustrated,this is not new from KamalHaasan..
In recent KH interview he said he cant answer to all questions from fans & critics but will read most of the messages posted in social sites and correct himself/answer in one way or other to all..I guess many of fans should post in official FB page or Ulaganaygan tube criticizing him for so much delay in releasing the movie and improper planning..Next IPL aprila aarambikuthu so postponed to june'u solla poraanga..

Also TFI is very very bad when it comes to planning..now there is a news Yennai arindhaal will be postponed to feb 5th,first they announced a pongal release,then 29th jan and now feb -5th..becoz of this anegan movie will be postponed by 1 week from feb-13 to feb-20 if YA does well..

This means our movies will get postponed again, because Nammavar gets last/least preference from distibutors and theaters :-(

Chikatiloan
22nd January 2015, 09:51 PM
This means our movies will get postponed again, because Nammavar gets last/least preference from distibutors and theaters :-(

I don't think so..after heyram and aalavanthaan debacle he got least preference by that time which is bound to happen for any hero if the movies are utter flop for high quoted prices..But post vasool raja MBBS things have changed and after Vettaiyaadu vilaiyaadu he is back..
10A,UPO were more profitable ventures for all producer/distributor/exhibitors..For VR initially distributors were hesitant because movie doesn't look like typical commercial movie and felt it will be flop like heyram,so they quoted for very less price which irked kamalhaasan to go for DTH..Finally after all the hurdles it become a huge hit..according to sreedhar pillai and few analyst in TN/AP Vishwaroopam is the last movie that is more profitable to all distributors/exhibitors in TN/AP..after that no tamil movie break that record..collection is different and profits for all is different..

Coming to UV producer thirrupathi bros has very very good relation with distributors/exhibitors..anjaan might be flop and it created bad name for lingusamy among audiences but he has good name among distributors/exhibitors..only problem I can see here is eros involving in releasing the movie..they have very bad name with local distributors/exhibitors..
Papanasam will definitely be profitable venture for all so I don't find any reason for distributors to give least preference..Related VR2 the part1 hit is enough for them to buy..
Only thing is planning is not proper..

pushpak
22nd January 2015, 10:34 PM
This is like discussing reasons behind Indian cricket team losing matches.

We can keep discussing and debating. Fact is that movies are not getting released.

Arvind Srinivasan
22nd January 2015, 11:13 PM
Expected delay. This has been the case for the past many years. Not one, but three in the pipeline but none getting the chance to get exhibited. Its gone to a level where its not funny anymore.

ufktrfKnicity
22nd January 2015, 11:17 PM
I don't think WC,exams could be the reasons. It is quite possible that the theatre owners are refusing to screen the movie due to case against them in CCI filed during VR release. I think this was reported in Nakeeran also sometime back.

venkkiram
22nd January 2015, 11:22 PM
இனி ஒவ்வொரு வருடமும் கமல் கையில் எப்போதுமே மூன்று படங்கள் வெளியிடப்படமால் தேக்க நிலையில் இருக்கத்தான் போகிறது. இப்போ மருதநாயகம், வாமனமார்க்கம் எனவும் செய்தி. தலைவன் இருக்கின்றான், யாவரும் கேளிர் என்ற முன்பு சொல்லப்பட்ட சில படங்கள். பேசாமா, இந்த நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்து பற்றியெல்லாம் கவலைப்படாமல் தொலைக்காட்சி உலகத்தில் நுழைந்துவிடலாம் கமல். குறைந்தபட்சம் வெளியீடு சம்பந்தமாக தேக்கம் இருக்காது. ரெண்டரை மணி நேரத்திற்குள் இத்தனை பாட்டு, இப்படியெல்லாம் காம்ப்ரமைஸ் என சொல்லிக்கொள்ளத் தேவையில்லை. பாகம் 1, பாகம் 2 என எவ்வளவு வேணாலும் ஒரு படைப்பாளி செதுக்கலாம்.

Chikatiloan
22nd January 2015, 11:56 PM
I don't think WC,exams could be the reasons. It is quite possible that the theatre owners are refusing to screen the movie due to case against them in CCI filed during VR release. I think this was reported in Nakeeran also sometime back.

yes these can also be the reason..
VR1 released exactly by exam time and its houseful all over..collected 14C in chennai alone only next to enthiran which collected 15C according to Behindwoods..may be 10-20% collection will be hit but exam time doesnt matter for UttamaVillain kind of movie..
Hope they release as soon as possible

Chikatiloan
23rd January 2015, 12:05 AM
இனி ஒவ்வொரு வருடமும் கமல் கையில் எப்போதுமே மூன்று படங்கள் வெளியிடப்படமால் தேக்க நிலையில் இருக்கத்தான் போகிறது. இப்போ மருதநாயகம், வாமனமார்க்கம் எனவும் செய்தி. தலைவன் இருக்கின்றான், யாவரும் கேளிர் என்ற முன்பு சொல்லப்பட்ட சில படங்கள். பேசாமா, இந்த நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்து பற்றியெல்லாம் கவலைப்படாமல் தொலைக்காட்சி உலகத்தில் நுழைந்துவிடலாம் கமல். குறைந்தபட்சம் வெளியீடு சம்பந்தமாக தேக்கம் இருக்காது. ரெண்டரை மணி நேரத்திற்குள் இத்தனை பாட்டு, இப்படியெல்லாம் காம்ப்ரமைஸ் என சொல்லிக்கொள்ளத் தேவையில்லை. பாகம் 1, பாகம் 2 என எவ்வளவு வேணாலும் ஒரு படைப்பாளி செதுக்கலாம்.

Its his style of making movies and no compromise kind of approach with people in film industry/distributors/exhibitors is creating all these problems..beyond all these he is successfull so far but fans are disturbed now & then because of prolonged delay..if RK fans are disturbed by releasing 1 movie in 4 years which is not upto the mark sometimes KH fans are disturbed by halting many projects like Marudhanayagam,thailavan irukindraan,marmayogi and delaying the movie release for months..

kumarsr
23rd January 2015, 04:53 AM

Not sure if this is true. There is good sale value and preference. Otherwise one cannot start a 4th movie. I think it comes down to getting a big holiday weekend to have a great opening. We are all guessing many things as to the real reason.

Cinemarasigan
23rd January 2015, 10:40 AM
Not sure if this is true. There is good sale value and preference. Otherwise one cannot start a 4th movie. I think it comes down to getting a big holiday weekend to have a great opening. We are all guessing many things as to the real reason.

Regarding UV --> Kamal finished the product and given to Lingu for release--> Lingu sold the movie to EROS

Problem 1) EROS has a bad name in South owing to 2 continuous flops here. Distributors who did business with EROS will be hesitant to deal with them again, so different set of distributors need to come forward to buy the movie.

Problem 2) Even the distributors are ready to buy, there are certain group of Theater owners opposing to release it who may be facing the problems due to CCI actions against them because of VR1.

Who is going to solve these issues? Lingu and Kamal should stop all the other things and work on this immediately to settle. Otherwise it will be delayed indifinitely..

Because of UV is not releasing it is holding the release of Papanasam also.

Anban
23rd January 2015, 02:06 PM
i think problem 2 is already solved ..

Problem 1 is for real .. but Thirupathi Brothers has a lot of goodwill among the distributors .. that will help ..

Adox
23rd January 2015, 07:57 PM
Ok Kamal fans, lets check back in about 3 months. Until then ... lets keep the thread alive i guess. Sorry pushpak :(

When is 'Uthama Villan' release?

It seems Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villan' would hit the screens only during the first week of April, due to various reasons.

"The film's producers are concerned about slew of releases in Kollywood, Cricket World Cup and Plus Two exams," sources say.

In all likelihood, the movie would be released during the first week of April, or for Tamil New Year weekend. It is directed by Ramesh Aravind and jointly produced by Thirupathi Brothers in association with Rajkamal.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/When-Is-uthama-Villan-Release-tamil-news-123779

pushpak
23rd January 2015, 10:23 PM
Will sign off for 2-3 months and come back.
Fed up.
I can't see other stars, cricket etc blocking Nammavar's movie releases. Never used to such a situation.
Have skipped exams to see FDFS. Now I have to see Vikram, Ajith movies getting higher preference :( (nothing against these actors).
Bye bye friends.

Adox
23rd January 2015, 10:30 PM
Fed up.
I can't see other stars, cricket etc blocking Nammavar's movie releases. Never used to such a situation.
Have skipped exams to see FDFS. Now I have to see Vikram, Ajith movies getting higher preference :( (nothing against these actors).
Bye bye friends.

Hold on! We may have an audio release sometime Feb.

Sources claim that the makers are planning to release the audio of the film during the 1st or 2nd week of February and if the sources are to be trusted, the audio launch will happen in a grand fashion at Nehru Indoor Stadium, Chennai. Official confirmation is awaited.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/when-is-kamal-haasans-uttama-villain-releasing.html

Chikatiloan
23rd January 2015, 11:41 PM
Fed up.
Bye bye friends.

What boss kamal pathi therinchae ipdi dissappoint aavuringa..
By feb audio launch will happen for sure..enjoii audio,2nd trailer and world cup..in between enjoi posting in this forum as well..

Anban
24th January 2015, 07:32 AM
It would be suicidal to release in February or march. I was expecting an April release for long

Chikatiloan
24th January 2015, 10:25 AM

Annae airportla receive panni novotel hotel poiteengala nae..edhavathu vishayam iruntha sollungannae

Chikatiloan
25th January 2015, 10:59 AM
Papanasam ready
http://www.2daycinema.com/news-id-uttama-villain-papanaasam-25-01-151031.htm

Cinemarasigan
27th January 2015, 09:44 AM
Papanasam ready
http://www.2daycinema.com/news-id-uttama-villain-papanaasam-25-01-151031.htm

I think it is good to release Papanasam immediately since there is more than 2 months gap for Uttama Villain..

Cinemarasigan
27th January 2015, 09:47 AM
Fed up.
Have skipped exams to see FDFS.

:notworthy: astonished to see this kind of Kamal Veriyars like this...

kumarsr
28th January 2015, 09:08 AM
Any date announced for UV in April? That alone they will not announce paving the way for further movement to June

Cinemarasigan
28th January 2015, 09:42 AM
Any date announced for UV in April? That alone they will not announce paving the way for further movement to June

Come on Kumar, they have not announced the audio release date itself, how can we expect the release date soon. It looks like EROS and Lingu want to release in April for sure to maximize the returns.. Hopefully we would get some announcements atleast during the Audio Release function.

radiochandra1977
28th January 2015, 09:46 AM
I need few days time to post all my conversations and pics with KH. But in UV release context, he was visibly pissed off.
" October la naan padatha mudichitten doctor. Now its upto the producer and Eros. I am going to start my next. 3 films unreleased. Veliya kooda solla mudiyala ennaala. VR 2 also same story. Its not in my hands. "

Cinemarasigan
28th January 2015, 09:57 AM
I need few days time to post all my conversations and pics with KH. But in UV release context, he was visibly pissed off.
" October la naan padatha mudichitten doctor. Now its upto the producer and Eros. I am going to start my next. 3 films unreleased. Veliya kooda solla mudiyala ennaala. VR 2 also same story. Its not in my hands. "

Thanks RC for the info... We can understand and co-relate the way the things happening... I did not like Lingu selling the movie rights to EROS.. Not sure whether Haasar can object / stop..

Please post other info & Pics soon...

Cinemarasigan
28th January 2015, 10:04 AM

The theater owners group has stopped KH using the DTH route for VR / regular movies. But he can use this route for making and releasing some projects like Ponniyin Selvan which can be made in 20 or 30 parts... I think he might use this after 6 or 7 years as a Director.

radiochandra1977
28th January 2015, 10:09 AM
That reminds me .... My wife Dr Gayatri asked him ...... Sir, why dont u make Ponniyin selvan as a TV show ? You can direct it and we would love to see you as Aazhwarkkadiyaan Nambi. He said seriously but immediately ..... See , I sort of lost my veneration for Ponniyin selvan. Last 10 years , the way several writers are writing semi history fiction, I am not able to place PS above them. And he shared few books and authors name.
( enga school pondicherry petit seminairela tinkle, tinitin, asterix padichaaley oora vittu othukki vechiruvaaha. Ithula avaru sonna book ellaam en vaazhkaila naan paak kooda pora thilla. )

Cinemarasigan
28th January 2015, 10:51 AM
That reminds me .... My wife Dr Gayatri asked him ...... Sir, why dont u make Ponniyin selvan as a TV show ? You can direct it and we would love to see you as Aazhwarkkadiyaan Nambi. He said seriously but immediately ..... See , I sort of lost my veneration for Ponniyin selvan. Last 10 years , the way several writers are writing semi history fiction, I am not able to place PS above them. And he shared few books and authors name.
( enga school pondicherry petit seminairela tinkle, tinitin, asterix padichaaley oora vittu othukki vechiruvaaha. Ithula avaru sonna book ellaam en vaazhkaila naan paak kooda pora thilla. )

Thanks to you / your wife for asking this question.

:lol: for the reference of books...

Chikatiloan
28th January 2015, 08:02 PM

Ada kodumaiyae veliya paatha kamal thaan villain maadhri theririraar..initially I have posted UV is postponed to april because of theater owners/thiruppathi-eros negotiation issue but one media turned the news like kamalhaasan requested to postpone and soon all other posted the same news..i was confused because the UV postponement news I got from reliable source who is friend of one of theater owner..

Even we blamed kamalhaasan for the delay..sorry

ramdas2005
28th January 2015, 08:04 PM
Nice conversations, waiting for the full text of questions. Really disappointed that his films are having a tough time releasing.

Chikatiloan
28th January 2015, 08:05 PM

Thanks RC for sharing info..good you have many things in store about conversation with kamalji..daily konjam konjamma release pannunga till movie release..
do you have any idea about his next movie..

Meanwhile UV audio planned to release by Feb 15

Cinemarasigan
29th January 2015, 10:12 AM
Meanwhile UV audio planned to release by Feb 15

In Nehru Indoor Stadium?

radiochandra1977
29th January 2015, 12:00 PM
Im not able to upload pics. Is it becos of huge file size ?

Cinemarasigan
29th January 2015, 02:17 PM

Sometime back you have uploaded a photo, you can follow the same process...

radiochandra1977
29th January 2015, 02:18 PM
Exactly. I donno why the same thing doesnt work now.

Nasc
29th January 2015, 07:43 PM

please check if the file extension is of picture format , and hopefully you are not uploading multiple files at the same time.

Chikatiloan
29th January 2015, 08:45 PM
In Nehru Indoor Stadium?

I don't know about that boss..

Chikatiloan
29th January 2015, 08:47 PM
This is the reason why KH should not work under some production house..telugu industry pola maathiduvaanga pola

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-kamal-haasan-uthama-villain-29-01-157208.htm#.VMnFPXj5Qw4.twitter

Chikatiloan
29th January 2015, 08:51 PM
RC doctor I have seen ur photo with KH in twitter..superb

pamrang
29th January 2015, 10:30 PM
Superb photo Doc! Please post your own pics as well as your chat

radiochandra1977
29th January 2015, 10:35 PM
USV neenga upload panniteenga. I have many more photos but not able to upload. Engineeringum padichirukkanum pola. Anyway, my wife and gautami also seen in background.

Chikatiloan
29th January 2015, 11:05 PM
USV neenga upload panniteenga. I have many more photos but not able to upload. Engineeringum padichirukkanum pola. Anyway, my wife and gautami also seen in background.

enna doctor ipdi solliteenga..engineering'laan MBBS munnaadi jujupee..I guessed it must be your wife in background..
photola neengalum hero maadhri thaan irukeenga with good dress

kumarsr
29th January 2015, 11:12 PM
Hopefully something going on....

raveena ‏@raveena116

Excited! Lending voice for parvathy menon in #uthamavillain #telugu :)

Chikatiloan
29th January 2015, 11:28 PM
Hopefully something going on....

raveena ‏@raveena116

Excited! Lending voice for parvathy menon in #uthamavillain #telugu :)

Feb audio release and april movie release is very much confirmed..but april 2 or 10,14,17 is not confirmed..
In worst case if UV is not released by april papanasam will be ready for april release..atleast the makers of papanasam were not like Eros/Thirrupathi,Aascar

kumarsr
30th January 2015, 07:43 AM
I recall this guy Lingu prolonged a movie called Bheema for 3 years causing huge loss to Vikram. I think he was the director and the movie and movie did not do well. In this case he is not the director but seems to be in a mess along with Eros.

radiochandra1977
30th January 2015, 02:21 PM
Again these Thirupathi Sisters have bloody tweeted UV music very soon ..... non sense