PDA

View Full Version : UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 05:58 PM
Ayya .... konjam phone panni sollen enakku. Number irukka ?

mappi
3rd March 2015, 05:59 PM
single kisske loveaa!

High quality without watermark

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10987427_966768640023125_6188545191873088457_o.jpg

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 06:00 PM
Venous engorgement matter

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 06:01 PM
2nd interlude of song .... when beat changes .... thalaivar does break dance solo and then pelvic thrusts dance ..... auditorium danaal aayidichu

avavh3
3rd March 2015, 06:30 PM
ahaa :lol2:

kumarsr
3rd March 2015, 07:38 PM
I think the 8th century portion is entirely a musical

Indian films are mostly loud and over the top

Sound designer Kunal Rajan on mixing Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain in association with Oscar-winning Craig Mann and the cultural differences between Hollywood and Kollywood

When Canadian sound mixer Craig Mann pocketed an Oscar for his work in Whiplash recently, its limelight fell on Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil film Uttama Villain (UV).
For the uninitiated, Mann has also been associated with the film directed by Ramesh Aravind. Sound designer Kunal Rajan, who had previously worked on Vishwaroopam with Kamal Haasan, introduced Craig to Kamal. "Craig and I have worked together on a few Hollywood films. When I was starting UV, I asked him if he would be interested to mix an Indian film. He was so excited. He was telling me how he had just done a musical recently titled Whiplash, and was very excited to do another musical," Kunal told Mirror and added, "We had such a blast mixing the film. When the content is so good, it makes our experience even more enjoyable. He was extremely collaborative and gave it his very best to make the movie sound the way it does".
Talking more about the sound mix in UV, Kunal said it would play a silent role in driving the story forward. "Sound is going to be much more realistic than larger-than-life which was employed in Vishwaroopam. In UV, everything that's shown on screen has to convey emotions. It's a film with strong emotional content," he said.

'VISHWAROOPAM WAS FUN'
He admits that even though they had cool ideas to play with sound in the film, they couldn't because they felt it may overshadow the emotions or the performance of the actors which will take the audience out of the story. "In Vishwaroopam, we had the leeway to do crazy stuff and we did and it worked," he added. Kunal feels that composing sound for a drama is as challenging as working on an action flick.
Elaborating with an example, he said: "In Vishwaroopam, we had some complex action sequences. For instance, the huge war sequence in Afghanistan had different types of helicopters - from Cobra, Chinook to Black Hawk to a variety of explosions. We had to be very careful with the sound because we didn't want everything to sound similar. If we use the same sound effects for all the helicopters, it'd sound the same and boring. Composing sound for action films is definitely not easy and the same applies to an emotional film as well. I think it's important how to use sound in different places to enhance the story and that makes a lot of difference".
Vishwaroopam was an action spy-thriller set in present day, while portions of UV takes audiences back to the 8th century. Kunal said it was challenging to reproduce the right sounds of a bygone era. "In UV, there are a lot of period instruments such as swords and trumpets. It was challenging to capture these sounds. But thanks to a very good foley team that has worked on some big Hollywood projects, we pulled it off. We used lot of different props to recreate the sound of several period instruments from the 8th century," he said. And working with a foreign crew on an Indian film also led to minor cultural differences that Kunal had to look into. "For instance, in India when you go to somebody's house, you usually leave your footwear outside. Here, people don't do that. When we were recording, small things such as this were to be taken care of because sometimes you don't see the actor's feet in a scene but you can still hear the sound. Since I'm an Indian, I know these things make a lot of difference".
Like most sound engineers, Kunal too started working on Uttama Villain after the film was completely shot. While he agrees it's a good practice to have a sound designer on location and get him involved from the pre-production phase, it's an exception on Kamal's film. "I'm involved in the discussion right from the scripting stage. I remember Kamal was discussing Uttama Villain when we were mixing Vishwaroopam. We discussed about the nature of the film and what all we could do from the perspective of sound. We've already started discussing the sound for his next film. I know the script, scenes and we've already started discussing what difference we can bring to the project, like certain things he could do on sets while shooting that will help me while mixing during post-production. With Kamal, it's a lot easier because he's so experienced and knowledgeable. He visualizes the whole film in his head with sound, and therefore, it isn't a problem while working on his films," Kunal said.

'LUCKY TO WORK WITH GHIBRAN'
For great sound, Kunal feels the relationship between a sound designer and a film's music composer should be strong. "I've been extremely lucky enough to have Ghibran in UV. Ghibran and I started talking about UV even before we even started working on it. When we knew we were going to work together, we started discussing about minute details. For instance, there's a scene where Kamal waves to thousands of people in a mall. With so many people screaming, a scene like this also requires music and it has to go in tandem with the screaming. Both should be equally loud but shouldn't overlap with each other. It's very important to have these kinds of discussions with the music director because if he doesn't know what I'm doing in sound, he'll do his own things in music. Finally, when they're put together, they clash," he said.
Kunal's knowledge of sound in Indian films and American style of sound mixing got him an opportunity to work with Kamal. "Even though I know how Indian films sound, my knowledge comes from an American style of sound mixing. Indian films are usually loud and over-the-top. When I do an Indian film, I can't mix it like I mix an American film and at the same time I can't mix it like I mix an Indian film either. What I try to bring to the table is a little bit of both American and Indian style of sound in mixing. If you go very subtle like American, it doesn't work in India because sound quality in most Indian theatres is not that great. When you marry some aesthetics of the West with Indian aesthetics, I think it sounds beautiful because there are some things that are good in American way of mixing and some things that are good in Indian way," said Kunal.

kumarsr
3rd March 2015, 07:53 PM
KH definitely needs to clear this doubt on "ghost direction"..for me 10A is directed by KSR and not ghost directed..if KH directed that movie there wont be "ulaganayaganae song" and it wont be commercial & BB as well..For me its his screenplay that is so detailed makes us feel he has directed the movie..

No need to get caught up in this at all. The issue is very simple. It starts with the story. Once KH develops the story he starts to own it and his influence can be seen everywhere. His passion and involvement is what pulls him to write lyrics, collaborate on the musical with Gibran etc. Only people looking at it from outside are riled up about this. Not KSR. Not Ramesh. Not Gibran.Not Singetham.

With direction, it is extremely difficult to be a lead actor and a director taking care of many production issues as well. So another person is needed as a director. That does not make the director a "benami". There is also no reason for KH to go that route if another person is not needed to direct. He can direct it himself and claim that also (and he is not a shy person in this aspect).

To direct his story which he has visualized over several months, he needs someone who is on the wavelength as KH and is a friend and can collaborate well (bring out what KH has in his mind). Hence people like Ramesh. If the story is not his like VV or Papanasam, he can dial back.

irir123
3rd March 2015, 08:00 PM
Difficult to put exact percentage. But my assessment would be KH 85 percent .... RA 15 percent. Would be safe to call it ghost direction. And about Jaalra ...... HE IS hard core kamal jaalra. Period. I saw him in Alwarpet office waiting outside KH office room like a gardener.

ungalukkum thottakkaarangalukkum edho oru connection? you mentioned it twice in your postings so far! oru kothhanaar, oru karigaai illa maliga saamaan kadaikaarar nu sollirukkalaamey? adhu enna gardener twice?

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 08:02 PM
Maliga kada kaarar naa Lingusami kochupparu.

kumarsr
3rd March 2015, 08:09 PM
after VR's release debacles, KH's choice of Ghibran is most likely for obvious reasons - very PC - plus as a newcomer, he wouldnt have charged much - so budget wise smart move - konjam talent irundhaaley podhhum Kamal can extract the max - he could do that with Deva, so Ghibran is obviously more talented so talent plus economically thrifty decision.

Am yet to listen to the album - but its unfair to expect an IR class from a newcomer - 'karutmathhoor' and rest of Virumandi are stratospheric level class - no comparison

Talent, yes. But not sure if budget for a composer plays a major consideration for selection.

kumarsr
3rd March 2015, 08:11 PM
Maliga kada kaarar naa Lingusami kochupparu.

It's ironic you say this. He and his brothers did own a Maligai shop before he made Anandam, his first movie.

venkkiram
3rd March 2015, 08:16 PM
Doctor in full form.

:rotfl:

irir123
3rd March 2015, 10:36 PM
2nd interlude of song .... when beat changes .... thalaivar does break dance solo and then pelvic thrusts dance ..... auditorium danaal aayidichu

seriously? this was onstage aa? illa summaa kathai vudreengalaa?

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 10:44 PM
On stage illanga. Behind the scenes appadinnu large screenla clips kaamichaanga. Meiyyanamaa .....

radiochandra1977
3rd March 2015, 10:45 PM
They also showed bits of saaga varampol and kaadhalaam kadavul mun. Visuals were absolutely classy and colourful ..... reminded me of mulunda mukunda pictures.

irir123
3rd March 2015, 10:47 PM
On stage illanga. Behind the scenes appadinnu large screenla clips kaamichaanga. Meiyyanamaa .....

intha vayasula break danceaa?

eppdi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D25YY3jQKXw - ippdiyaa?

irir123
4th March 2015, 01:32 AM
Talent, yes. But not sure if budget for a composer plays a major consideration for selection.

lets then do the actual math!

anyone knows how much do ARR, IR, YSR, Ghibran, SN, or GVP, Anirudhh charge per movie?

Nasc
4th March 2015, 01:54 AM
uthaman introduction --- 3rd saranam - arasiyal vathi avan unmayai chonnan ...pol athisayam kanden ...

ha ha ha ha....:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Nasc
4th March 2015, 02:05 AM
a clear review - kudos behind woods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJer0kSOaqE

Chikatiloan
4th March 2015, 12:32 PM
uthaman introduction --- 3rd saranam - arasiyal vathi avan unmayai chonnan ...pol athisayam kanden ...

ha ha ha ha....:lol2::lol2::lol2:

KH is improving his writing skills day by day..UV lyrics mostly written by KH is absolute gem..
But not sure why he is not giving chance to other talented/versatile singers..Villupaatu songs sung by him is acceptable but for "lovea" song he should have opted for others..

Nasc
4th March 2015, 12:46 PM
KH is improving his writing skills day by day..UV lyrics mostly written by KH is absolute gem..
But not sure why he is not giving chance to other talented/versatile singers..Villupaatu songs sung by him is acceptable but for "lovea" song he should have opted for others..
yes definetly .this song was by subbu armugam thou..but i agree the lyrics in UV are exceptional ...and well thought through...only kamal fossible

lyrics from saagavaram - man does it touch upon understanding of astronomy for that period ...entropy ,evolution and philosophy :notworthy::notworthy:

Chikatiloan
4th March 2015, 01:59 PM
You can actually see a bit of her, a very tiny bit ...

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4018&d=1425313193

About the mirror image, there is something about the wall painting and the way Manoranjan is sitting and then turns his face. There is a peculiar rotation of dimensions in this scene.

Well, for the circket part, its just how the footage was cut for the trailer, like to show the social life of the Artist Manoranjan - a broken marriage, hysterical kid who throws the ball at his dad quite vigorously, etc ... let us not speculate more and wait for the film (LoL).

And @1m12s, is it a real instrument ?

Spl. mentiong to the "Vaal Sooruwing scene" *winks*

This is same scene in 1st trailer where dialogue "avar enakku hero neega 'villain'" is used..

avavh3
4th March 2015, 04:21 PM
Music that takes you far, far away from Tamil cinema

Baradwaj Rangan spends an afternoon listening to composer Ghibran’s work in Uttama Villain , and comes away soaking in the element of fantasy in the sound

A little after 12 p.m., last Saturday, I stepped into a recording studio in R.A. Puram.

The television set in the reception area said UAE were 36/3 in their World Cup match against India. There were a couple of couches there, a few people propped on them.

They didn’t seem particularly invested in the outcome of the match. India would win. It was just a matter of time. Still, it was there, like the two-year-old issues of TIME magazine you find at your local general physician’s office.

I hung around a bit. At 41/4, I was led into a room with a Mac, and P. Ragavendran — film composer Ghibran’s music producer and manager, who also handles the public relations; it was on his invitation I was there — began to play a song from the new Kamal Haasan-starrer Uttama Villain.

Kaadhalaam kadavul mun , it went. It’s sung by Padmalatha, and it’s what the industry calls a ‘melody song’, a strange term, considering that all songs traverse some kind of melodic arc. But what they mean is that it isn’t, say, a kuthu number.

This isn’t the kind of song you’d immediately hand over to the choreographer. It’s the kind of song you’d try to fill on screen with a Balu Mahendra-style montage of mood shots.

All pop music — and film songs are our pop music — has an element of repetition. The songs open with the pallavi (our version of the Western pop song’s chorus) and keep returning to it. And pairs of lines in the charanam (verse) are often set to the same tune.

Ghibran has an interesting way of adhering to this structure, yet breaking away from it. There’s always a tweak the second time the melodic line is repeated. Sometimes, the closing stretch grazes a lower note. Or only the first line of the chorus is sung in a lower octave.

You know that thing where you hear a song and a phrase suddenly yanks you out of the present and deposits you in front of a radio set, circa 1980? That happened to me.

Suddenly, I was thinking about the Gangai Amaran song, Nyaabagam illaiyo kanne . Maybe it’s the raga . Ghibran, who joined us later, told me he’d tuned this song in Maru Bihag .

Next, Iraniyan naadagam . The lines, written by Kamal (who voices Hiranyakashipu), are blazingly theatrical: en udhirathin vidhai/en uyir udhirtha sadhai .

There’s great variety in the percussion, not just in the different instruments used but also in the rhythm patterns. Sometimes, the drums just come to a halt. The base is the traditional koothu , so all lines are sung — and given the Western-classical wrapping, the lines also sound like the recitative of a Broadway musical. The number keeps soaring and climaxes in anthemic swells.

After this, Love-aa love-aa was almost an anti-climax. It’s the most mainstream thing I’d heard that far — an insanely catchy tune, with hard-driving beats that sound as if they’re ripping the song to shreds, and a vast dynamic range, comprising the audio equivalent of the close-up as well as the wide shot.

Kamal hasn’t sounded this young and peppy in a while, and his borderline-falsetto here is effectively contrasted with a female voice that sounds like Usha Uthup trapped inside a boom box. It’s the kind of song that’s an instant hit. This film probably needs this song.

A youngish chap popped in, dressed casually in a T-shirt and cut-offs, and it took me a minute to realise this was Ghibran. He was taking a break from the recording session in another room.

We spoke about the modernised koothu in Iraniyan naadagam . He said it didn’t start from a musical point of view, the way a composer thinks of this raga or that scale when a song situation or a scene is narrated to him.

It began, instead, from the point of view of the scene. Imagine that Hiranyakashipu and Prahlada are having a fight. Imagine the raised voices, the back-and-forth exchanges.

When Ghibran studied music at the Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore, he was exposed to Austrian composer Arnold Schoenberg’s atonal music and Sprechstimme (recitation that’s declaimed melodramatically, hovering between the spoken and the sung). He realised that Sprechstimme was just like our koothu . Only, the latter did not have that kind of orchestral accompaniment.

So koothu , with a dash of atonality, became the base for Iraniyan naadagam . Kamal had the whole narrative ready. He and Ghibran talked and rehearsed and decided how much time each exchange would take. And then the Western classical elements came in.

Ghibran said it was challenging because some parts had already been shot with actors speaking the lines and then Kamal felt it would be better if they sang those same lines. Ghibran worked for a year-and-a-half on the score.

When he left, we turned to the other songs. Uttaman arimugam is what you’d call a rocking villupaattu . The baton-passing between Kamal, villupaattu exponent Subbu Arumugam and the all-male chorus is terrific. Next, the soulful Saagaavaram (I wonder if that word was used anywhere before Kamal used it in Virumaandi ’s Onna vida ).

Peel back the orchestration, and the song sounds like one of those philosophical numbers M.S. Viswanathan used to sing in 1970s’ films — say, Kandathai sollugiren . I’m not talking about the tune. I’m talking about the feel.

There’s another story in Mutharasan kadhai , all eight minutes and 13 seconds of it. Then, Uttaman kadhai . I kept thinking about how the album was filled with words and names that point towards immortality — saagaavaram , mrityunjay , and even Iraniyan , who sought everlasting life. Maybe that is the film’s theme.

The instrumental pieces really made the album for me. The theme music opens with sounds that seem to be erupting from the bowels of the earth, and then the title is repeated in an ominous monotone, as if by the members of the cult in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom — the song then becomes more modern.

Guru and sishya is more romantic — rather, Romantic. It takes you back to Debussy, Chopin. More instrumentals — Uttaman and Karpagavalli , Father and son , Letter from and to Yamini , Dr. Aparna , and possibly my favourite after two listens, the exquisite Father and daughter .

This is probably the ‘analog’ part of the score. The sound is softer and the music sweeps you to a place far, far away from Tamil cinema. Throughout the album, the strings work is wonderful, and the violins sound so soft in the instrumental pieces that you may be reminded of John Barry’s score for Out of Africa . Again, I’m not talking about the tune. I’m talking about the feel.

The team that won the Oscar for Best Sound Mixing this year (for Whiplash ) has worked on this album. Maybe the softness is their doing.

Ghibran said they decided to do away with all instruments traditionally used in period films — tabla, ghatam, dholak.

Uttaman’s story unfolds in a fantasy land, so there’s an element of fantasy in the sound too. There’s a lot of music in the movie, but only 67 minutes of it made it to the album. I don’t remember how much time I spent inside the studio, but when I left, M.S. Dhoni was smiling into a mike. India had won.
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/music-that-takes-you-far-far-away-from-tamil-cinema/article6949887.ece

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 05:40 PM
Now the talk os postponed to april 10. What a shame .....

mappi
4th March 2015, 05:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10505479_967457483287574_3960397843308915340_n.jpg ?oh=d5bd24064e9671c61ea2d19439ded507&oe=55830D15&__gda__=1435828043_6f1d9be659b191169f4431cc42cdd1e 1

mappi
4th March 2015, 06:41 PM
Towards the end of 'Uthaman Introduction' track :

ThanThana ThanThana & NamThana NamThana => sounds like 'Shankara Shankara' through an awesome chorus effect.

Did anyone else felt (or noted) the same ?

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 06:43 PM
Yen posta padikkalayaa yaarum ? Illa padichu ignore pannitenngalaa ?

Chikatiloan
4th March 2015, 07:27 PM
Yen posta padikkalayaa yaarum ? Illa padichu ignore pannitenngalaa ?

I know this yesterday..UV crew is saying some PP needs to be done but the truth is the local distributors asked them to release by Apr-10 when all the school exams are over..10nth exam,11nth exam and some metric exams are over only by april-10nth..Apri-14 also falls on Tuesday so they will get extended week-end foor 5 days..good move but if they change the date further then kettai vaarthai thaan vaaila varum..

venkkiram
4th March 2015, 07:32 PM
Towards the end of 'Uthaman Introduction' track :

ThanThana ThanThana & NamThana NamThana => sounds like 'Shankara Shankara' through an awesome chorus effect.

Did anyone else felt (or noted) the same ?

Yes. But I think they are not chanting all the time "ThanThana ThanThana".

venkkiram
4th March 2015, 07:37 PM
I know this yesterday..UV crew is saying some PP needs to be done but the truth is the local distributors asked them to release by Apr-10 when all the school exams are over..10nth exam,11nth exam and some metric exams are over only by april-10nth..Apri-14 also falls on Tuesday so they will get extended week-end foor 5 days..good move but if they change the date further then kettai vaarthai thaan vaaila varum..

Hereafter the producers and distributors council should talk directly the board of education of state and central in advance and come to a compromised window. Money can bend anything. Why not ?

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 07:41 PM
Kalaignan released furing my 10th board exams. I had last 3 exams left after April 14th. Everyday , i used to cycle via the theater waiting for last exam day. Athukkulla padam mokkainnu seidhi vanthiruchu .

kumarsr
4th March 2015, 08:02 PM
Now the talk os postponed to april 10. What a shame .....

This was made known a few days ago actually.... See what RA says below:

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2015/feb/27uttama-villain4.jpg
Kamal Haasan is a delight to work with
The best way to carry on that good man’s legacy is to make films like he did, love cinema like he did, and unearth talent like he did. K Balachanderis frozen forever in Uttama Villain on celluloid,' Uttama Villain director Ramesh Arvind tells Rediff.com contributor Praveen Sundaram.

Ramesh Arvind, a veteran actor in Kannada and Tamil cinema will be making his directorial debut in Tamil with Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain.

Incidentally, his first film in Kannada (Rama Shama Bhama – in 2005) was also with Haasan. It was the remake of Balu Mahendra’s Tamil film Sati Leelavati.

Aravind, who has acted in more than 120 films in all South Indian languages, is, like Haasan, a K Balachander protégé. He has also acted in two Hindi films, Aur Ek Prem Kahani and Mumbai Express.

He talks to Rediff.com contributor Praveen Sundaram about Uttama Villain.
Did you choose this project to make your debut as a director in Tamil or did Kamal Haasan pick you?

Two years ago, sometime in March 2013, Kamal Haasan asked me if I remembered a subject we had discussed once, and said, ‘I want you to handle it’.

So I picked it up and have focused only on Uttama Villain for the last two years.

Did you have many brainstorming sessions with Kamal Haasan or was it a bound script and you just had to go on the floors and direct it?

It is his story, his screenplay. But any script develops when it is bounced off others, and I was a big bounce board I think.

It is finely detailed. The next one year went into executing it, which was basically the job that I did.
The trailer appears to be a tribute to the late K Balachander…

Yes. The next trailer which we will release on March 1 with the audio release will be a tribute to KB Sir. We are what we are because of him -- Kamal Sir, I, or any of the other actors introduced by him.

When does the film release?

In the first or second week of April.
http://www.rediff.com/movies/interview/kamal-haasan-is-a-delight-to-work-with/20150227.htm

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 08:06 PM
Appo ennathukku ivaru antha kandraavi mozhila April 2 nnu announce pannaaraam ?

Chikatiloan
4th March 2015, 08:11 PM
Appo ennathukku ivaru antha kandraavi mozhila April 2 nnu announce pannaaraam ?

ha ha..video'la sonnathukku apram maatha maatanganu ninachirupaar..Inga 3 padam releaseae aagala adutha 3 padam pathi media pesuraanga - Prabu deva direction'la onnu,Thailaivan irunkinraan,PK..

KH fansku porumai rhombha mukkiyam..:)

avavh3
4th March 2015, 08:39 PM
movie releases one and half month after audio release :banghead:

dr..no more typo pl

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 08:43 PM
ha ha..video'la sonnathukku apram maatha maatanganu ninachirupaar..Inga 3 padam releaseae aagala adutha 3 padam pathi media pesuraanga - Prabu deva direction'la onnu,Thailaivan irunkinraan,PK..

KH fansku porumai rhombha mukkiyam..:)
Porumai nna ? Evalo poruma ayya ? Athukkulla naan sethu poittenna .....

Chikatiloan
4th March 2015, 08:50 PM
Porumai nna ? Evalo poruma ayya ? Athukkulla naan sethu poittenna .....

ha ha..devar magan -u have instant humour dr..

kumarsr
4th March 2015, 09:02 PM
Ingea nammakallam vida Kamalluku thaan vayasu adhigam...So we will see how many more movies in a hero-oriented mode is possible. My guess is not more than 4 to 5 new ones at this rate.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 09:05 PM
Antha 4 or 5 la release ethana aagum saar ?

Adox
4th March 2015, 09:16 PM
3 movies yet to be released (starting April 10th, 2015) .. other movies talked about:

- hindi movie (hum amar hein)
- prabhudeva movie
- pk remake (if it conforms to kamal's changes as he said in some interview)
- movie he's shooting for in Mauritius(maybe the hindi movie, not sure)
- yeah forgot vaanamaargam ?

any others ? Looks like he may complete as per schedule .. its the release formalities that are causing issues. Maybe TFI is getting too crowded with lots of movies coming out.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 09:18 PM
Oh .... is the crowd so much that the emperor doesnt have place to live ? Pichakkaranga, sinna paya pulleha ellaam jammunu maadi vootla irukkanga athey crowd la ?

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 09:22 PM
There is but a thin line separating nermai and kaiyaala aagatha thanam ie straight forwardness and blatant inefficiency. Our dear emperor has fallen over to the other side of the line and that is very evident. His commercialities and planning acumen are lagging far behind his creative thinking and talent. The importance of the former wrt the latter has been constantly on the rise in the past few years and hence the widening gap is widening faster. Alas ........ my man ...... Alas.

Adox
4th March 2015, 09:24 PM
Illaengo ... traffic jam and gallege near Emperor's palace .. simply unable to move out.

Its a known that his business acumen (lack of) and naermai comes in his way ... He cannot circumnavigate and get ahead and we're seeing the result.

ramdas2005
4th March 2015, 10:27 PM
There is but a thin line separating nermai and kaiyaala aagatha thanam ie straight forwardness and blatant inefficiency. Our dear emperor has fallen over to the other side of the line and that is very evident. His commercialities and planning acumen are lagging far behind his creative thinking and talent. The importance of the former wrt the latter has been constantly on the rise in the past few years and hence the widening gap is widening faster. Alas ........ my man ...... Alas.

Agree with your points, it is pathetic that they cannot find a way to release the movies, so much of this and that issues. When others are confidently announce release dates why can't kamal films have it???

pamrang
4th March 2015, 10:32 PM
Doctor, business acumen and creativity need not go hand in hand, and I think in most cases they don't.....so, no use blaming him for this, I think. Ellaam namba thalai ezhuthu...

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 10:36 PM
Romba arivu jeeviyaa thigazhuvaaru. Kooda thuthi paadra makku koottam onna sethu vechirukkaaru. Naalu efficient aalungala kooda velkalaamilla. Aa oo nna K vaaimozhi koo vaaimozhinnu athey RC Sakthi, santhanabarathy, ramesh arvind, gnana sambandam, madan, crazy mohan ......... avanga moonjigalayum kelvigalayum paathum kettum pulichu pochu. Make a move on man.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 10:38 PM
Crazy Mohan athey enthu voda satya shooting , sudugadu, apoorva sago vaaippu ....... same bloody old story everytime. Ivaru urvasi is next to savitri nnu solli solli ..... antha amma thaali satham kekkuthaa nnu phone la thatti vaanthi varra maathiri overact pannuraanga.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 10:39 PM
Live sound made people miss gems like Keezhvenmani dialogue in Virumandi. Live sound venaam sir nnu directaa sollitten dinner time la. Half hearted aa thalaya aattinaaru.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 10:41 PM
Leave business angle ...... as a representative fan, enna mathiri oru aala .... yen naanagave iruthaalum thappu illa ....... movie discussions feedback monthly once eduthaarnaa ..... pala historic mistakes avoid panna inputs koduppen. Im not bragging ..... Im being practical.

radiochandra1977
4th March 2015, 10:43 PM
Hey Ram ...... first party scene in the club ..... the phone dialogue between kamal and rani Mukherjee ...... appo sharukh and saurabh shukla pesina thamizh dialogues purinjavanga yaaravadhu oruthar irukkangalaa ? Why does he torture us when easy alternatives are available ? Yenunga Haasarey, Hindi actorskku tamil dubbing voice vechaaa ..... Unga latchiyathukku yethaavathu kedu vanthudumaa ?

Anban
4th March 2015, 10:53 PM
Live sound kku kedu vanthurum

kumarsr
4th March 2015, 11:08 PM
Everyone knows all this. He also knows all this quite well...but chooses to do it his way with the same circle of people around him. He is not interested in a typical commercial movie but that is what runs. Let's wait for UV. One week's delay is not going to kill us. Papanasam will surely follow quickly after that. But he should work with Aascar to get V2 out, rather than letting it die...

irir123
4th March 2015, 11:44 PM
Crazy Mohan athey enthu voda satya shooting , sudugadu, apoorva sago vaaippu ....... same bloody old story everytime. Ivaru urvasi is next to savitri nnu solli solli ..... antha amma thaali satham kekkuthaa nnu phone la thatti vaanthi varra maathiri overact pannuraanga.

Urvasi was an underexplored/exploited talent - but that was back in the 1990s - and perhaps she still is - aanaa ammani poosi poosi kadasila ammaniyoda akka maadhiri theriyaraanga.

talent has to go hand in hand with some other things - kazhuthhula oru tire sadhai, iduppula 3 tire sadhai - ippdi irundhaa, Urvasi amma saavithri madhiri nadichhaalum, bindhugosh thaan gyabagam varudhu

irir123
4th March 2015, 11:48 PM
Hassarukku nigaraana talent - enna poruthha varaikkum - Kate Winslet - rendu perum oru amsamaana scriptla nadichaa superaa irukkum.

perumoochu vidufying

venkkiram
5th March 2015, 01:01 AM
Everyone knows all this. He also knows all this quite well...but chooses to do it his way with the same circle of people around him. He is not interested in a typical commercial movie but that is what runs. Let's wait for UV. One week's delay is not going to kill us. Papanasam will surely follow quickly after that. But he should work with Aascar to get V2 out, rather than letting it die...

அப்படியெல்லாம் தெரியல. அவர் எப்போதும் சொல்வாரு.. "நான் தான் என்னோட படத்துக்கு முதல் ரசிகன்", ஆனால் டாக்டர் குறிப்பிடுவதுபோல லைவ் சவுண்ட் கோளாறுகள் மற்றும் ஹிந்தி நடிகர்களது தமிழ் உச்சரிப்புகள் போன்றவற்றை அவர் வசதியாக அனுமதித்திருந்தார். நான் கோவையில் ஹேராம் பார்த்தபோது மொஹஞ்சதாரோ காட்சியில் கமல் மற்றும் சக அதிகாரிகள் பேசிக்கொள்வது புரியவேயில்லை. எனது பக்கத்தில் அமர்ந்து பார்த்தவரோ என்னிடத்தில் அவர்கள் என்ன பேசுகிறார்கள் என வினவுகிறார். ஹேராம் படம் முழுசுமே ஒலியின் அளவினை இருமடங்கு அதிகமாக வைத்திருந்தால் இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் அதிகமாகவே ரசித்திருக்கலாம் திரையரங்கில்.

Arvind Srinivasan
5th March 2015, 02:21 AM
Kamal always has this weird penchant of having actors dub their own voices. A close friend of mine remarked it was very hard for him to watch Hey Ram mainly because of Shahrukh's tamil. Almost polambra rangekku poitaan. And Jaideep Ahlawat and Rahul Bose's tamil in VR were close to being atrocious. Dialogue equivalents of Udit Narayan and Sukhvinder Singh mouthing lyrics. VRla oru padi mela poi dubbing pannina characters like Faarooq kooda mosamaana Tamizhla pesunaanga.

Avadi to America
5th March 2015, 02:45 AM
Kamal always has this weird penchant of having actors dub their own voices. A close friend of mine remarked it was very hard for him to watch Hey Ram mainly because of Shahrukh's tamil. Almost polambra rangekku poitaan. And Jaideep Ahlawat and Rahul Bose's tamil in VR were close to being atrocious. Dialogue equivalents of Udit Narayan and Sukhvinder Singh mouthing lyrics. VRla oru padi mela poi dubbing pannina characters like Faarooq kooda mosamaana Tamizhla pesunaanga.

You stole my words.....I was watching Heyram in Devi main screen in year 2000... it was very first time i experienced live recording in movie and hindiwalals speaking tamil....In addition, too many languages in one movie and there was no subtitle........Kamal experimented too many things in a single movie.... Yennoda frienda padathuku kupiten... machi, padam thamizhla varum pothu pathukalam....

irir123
5th March 2015, 02:51 AM
........machi, padam thamizhla varum pothu pathukalam....

lol !

venkkiram
5th March 2015, 03:56 AM
You stole my words.....I was watching Heyram in Devi main screen in year 2000... it was very first time i experienced live recording in movie and hindiwalals speaking tamil....In addition, too many languages in one movie and there was no subtitle........Kamal experimented too many things in a single movie.... Yennoda frienda padathuku kupiten... machi, padam thamizhla varum pothu pathukalam.... இதே போல ஒரு செய்தி ஹேராம் வெளிவந்த நாட்களில் கசிந்தது. அதாவது படம் பார்த்து வெளிவந்த ராதிகாவிடம் படம் எப்படி இருக்கிறது எனக் கேட்டதற்கு "படத்தை தமிழில் டப்பிங் செய்து வெளியிடலாம்னு இருக்கேன், கமல் மனது வைத்தால்" எனச் சொன்னாராம்.

hattori_hanzo
5th March 2015, 04:09 AM

UV trailer paatha Kamaloda paiyyan pesradhum indha categoryla varumonnu thonudhu..

Arvind Srinivasan
5th March 2015, 04:35 AM
UV trailer paatha Kamaloda paiyyan pesradhum indha categoryla varumonnu thonudhu..

Its not that bad considering Kamal's benchmark. The worst has to be Saurabh Shukla though. Even Late Mr. Mortimer Wheeler was better.

irir123
5th March 2015, 04:57 AM
on a tangential note about how films are removed even before word of mouth gives it a chance to succeed - Sarath Kumar says something - i thought - was interesting - from 7:10 - for WOM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DZtRYuqWY

is it true that films are removed even before they get the chance to get a positive wom?

end digression

avavh3
5th March 2015, 10:35 AM
ஏன் இப்படி கால்ல போட்டு தேக்கிறீங்க?

there is no conducive atmosphere in tfi. we have seen it clearly during vr release. had it been released as wished by kh in dth as well in theater, he would have earned a huge profit. but no..he tried that innovation but leg-pulling happened. he is not a super-man to fight against cinema mafia and release all his pending films in time. he is caught in the whirlwind and should be careful not be blown away. i only pity him not getting angry like you ppl.

he tried many innovations for first time in indian film history and succeeded and we all know that. one of such is live-recording which back-fired in heyram. with sophisticated equipment and actors speaking in their own language that experiment should also be a successful one. give him some credit man.

radiochandra1977
5th March 2015, 10:42 AM
Some credit ? I am one of his biggest fans by any standards.

Mahen
5th March 2015, 10:49 AM
Live sound first time in indian cinema?:roll: sure? Thought hindi films started first..and why everyone is against live sound...ayutha ezhutu was shot in live sound and i loved it..and Isnt dubbing considered outdated?

ajaybaskar
5th March 2015, 11:10 AM
Live sound is very tough to record in outdoors. Hence they still go for dubbing.

Chikatiloan
5th March 2015, 11:50 AM
ஏன் இப்படி கால்ல போட்டு தேக்கிறீங்க?

there is no conducive atmosphere in tfi. we have seen it clearly during vr release. had it been released as wished by kh in dth as well in theater, he would have earned a huge profit. but no..he tried that innovation but leg-pulling happened. he is not a super-man to fight against cinema mafia and release all his pending films in time. he is caught in the whirlwind and should be careful not be blown away. i only pity him not getting angry like you ppl.

he tried many innovations for first time in indian film history and succeeded and we all know that. one of such is live-recording which back-fired in heyram. with sophisticated equipment and actors speaking in their own language that experiment should also be a successful one. give him some credit man.

FYI live recording is not new innovation..its the old thing when studio/re-recording technology is not in place..oru pakkam latest technology pathi pesuraar but why he is going back to 50's for live recording..
regarding credit every1 here were gr8 fans of KH..avara pathi niraiya paaraturaanga,sila kuraigala pathi pesurom...adha avar kaadhukku yaaravathu kondu poi thiruthuna nalla irukkum..Many ppl are still celebrating heyram films and what we say is if he has avoided many languages and live recording it would have been better for viewers.. vudanae sila per arivaaliya irukkanum,his films are way aheadnu sollaatheenga..heyram padam paakum pothu naan 11nth padichittu irunthan by that time enna history arivu irunthurukkum + live recording/multiple language..edho teenage aala lip kiss apdi ipdi rasichaen..adhoda sari...

Ok..ignore heyram edhukku MMA pola padathukku live recording venum..enakku therinchi live recording oralvaukku rasikkum padi iruntha padam Virumandi..
Nalla velai anbe sivam padam live recording/tanglish pesaama irunthuchu..that's the reason its loved by all including non-kamal fans..

raagadevan
5th March 2015, 12:10 PM
every1 here were gr8 fans of KH..avara pathi niraiya paaraturaanga

Oh, really?... Don't worry; I'm just kidding! :)

Chikatiloan
5th March 2015, 12:12 PM
Oh, really?... Don't worry; I'm just kidding! :)
Kuraigal mattum kannukku therincha onnum panna mudiyaathu..:)

raagadevan
5th March 2015, 12:27 PM
Kuraigal mattum kannukku therincha onnum panna mudiyaathu..:)

I agree. Even the greatest classic in any field is not immune to criticism by amateurs as well as experts. All it means is that it is still a classic; the "artist" who created the classic is a genius, but still a human being! I consider Kamal one of the most talented and gifted artists currently living in India.

avavh3
5th March 2015, 12:33 PM
"kadhaiyaai vithittavar" etc etc style of title is wow. the lighting and dance movements after "kankondu varaindavar" is simply awesome. i liked the 2nd trailor very much.

Chikatiloan
5th March 2015, 01:04 PM
"kadhaiyaai vithittavar" etc etc style of title is wow. the lighting and dance movements after "kankondu varaindavar" is simply awesome. i liked the 2nd trailor very much.

BGM during title also very good..

mappi
5th March 2015, 04:53 PM
I like tales. Short & hillarious ones. Starting to like the 3 Villu Pattu tracks (Uthaman Intro, Uthaman Kathai, Mutharasan Kadhai), those are the ones I had been listening to for the moment. Uthaman character should be fun and the beauty is the choice of words selected to narrate the incidents. Found the lines where the villagers suffocate to death seeing Uthaman floating on the waters, quite funny (LoL). Also, the twisty lyrics, (my favourites) :

Uthamanin Oola Kural, Ooruku Villanga Villai
AA Endru Alarinarai, Agapai Thanagam Kondavargal
Pudhu Yugam Pidari Thodar, Sitnoora Sithari Odinare
Avarul Adum Magamey kuthadum, Uthamanai Pey endradhu

Another one :

Uthaman Pizhaitha Kathai, Pagutharivalargalukku Vilangi Vidum
Avaril Ullavargal, Anthathor Awooril Yarum Illai

Pey aana Uthaman aanmawin santhiku (LoL) ...
Thaan Thithi Virunduku Thaaney Vantha, Vedhi Nontha Uthaman => (Lovely, what a sattire !)

And I have a question :

Its said he cheated death 5 times, but I can capt only 3 (Snake bite, Stick-Hit (LoL) & Drowning). Are the other 2 mentioned in anyother track or did I miss them already ?

avavh3
5th March 2015, 05:37 PM
omg mappi :clap:..are we supposed to listen to this level?!

Anban
5th March 2015, 05:46 PM
sambalam illaamal aadum,
ambalam Nataraajaa :lol:

mappi
5th March 2015, 06:06 PM
Yeah that one and also the one Nasc said ... LoL

mappi
5th March 2015, 06:20 PM
are we supposed to listen to this level?!

Mela vanam (Uthaman), Kezha Bhoomi (Villain)
Naduvula Uthama Villain

Simply Superb !

avavh3
5th March 2015, 07:02 PM
"its the old thing when studio/re-recording technology is not in place..oru pakkam latest technology pathi pesuraar but why he is going back to 50's for live recording.." USV..in the same logic he shouldnt have done pesumpadam too..right?

all hollywood movies adopts the same old tech of live recording..whats ur say about that? as i said before, if supported by sophisticated equipments, doing that is not a old thing.

ramdas2005
5th March 2015, 08:25 PM
I like tales. Short & hillarious ones. Starting to like the 3 Villu Pattu tracks (Uthaman Intro, Uthaman Kathai, Mutharasan Kadhai), those are the ones I had been listening to for the moment. Uthaman character should be fun and the beauty is the choice of words selected to narrate the incidents. Found the lines where the villagers suffocate to death seeing Uthaman floating on the waters, quite funny (LoL). Also, the twisty lyrics, (my favourites) :

Another one :

Thaan Thithi Virunduku Thaaney Vantha, Vedhi Nontha Uthaman => (Lovely, what a sattire !)

And I have a question :

Its said he cheated death 5 times, but I can capt only 3 (Snake bite, Stick-Hit (LoL) & Drowning). Are the other 2 mentioned in anyother track or did I miss them already ?

Superb Mappi, this type of discussion and interpretation makes me look forward to the film, i guess the musical(8th century) part is beginining to look more and more interesting.

Chikatiloan
5th March 2015, 09:00 PM

Another one :

And I have a question :

Super Maapi..
uttaman kaddhai is partial adaptation of Vishnu immortality with usual sarcasm by KH after reading ur post..

The way iraaniya naaadgam written in tamil is also superb..story of iranyan -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlada
this is also related to Vishnu avatar..
Vishwaroopam has bit of virata parva and 10A has many references related to God story..
Being a atheist its incredible how he mixes god epic story with current story and talking about his philosophical/atheistical views as well..gr8 talent..

Chikatiloan
5th March 2015, 09:15 PM
"its the old thing when studio/re-recording technology is not in place..oru pakkam latest technology pathi pesuraar but why he is going back to 50's for live recording.." USV..in the same logic he shouldnt have done pesumpadam too..right?

all hollywood movies adopts the same old tech of live recording..whats ur say about that? as i said before, if supported by sophisticated equipments, doing that is not a old thing.

There is diff..Pushpak is feel good film with simple story line very easy to understand but heyram is very complex..
puriyira maadhri eduthurukalaamnu thaan solran..I will stop this boss..

Nasc
6th March 2015, 12:11 AM
Hassarukku nigaraana talent - enna poruthha varaikkum - Kate Winslet - rendu perum oru amsamaana scriptla nadichaa superaa irukkum.

perumoochu vidufying

ha ha..labor day or holiday...movie pathingala enna recenta :) but i agree to your thought

kumarsr
6th March 2015, 12:18 AM
Talk about Live Sound....

'Kamal Haasan has left me baffled many times'
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/kamal-haasan-has-left-me-baffled-many-times/20150305.htm

Kunal Rajan is the most sought-after sound designer in Tamil cinema.

Born and raised in Pondicherry, Kunal graduated in sound design from Singapore, then moved to Los Angeles for a career in Hollywood.

Kunal has collaborated with A R Rahman and Resul Pookutty in Shankar’s Endhiren, Murugadoss’s Hindi remake of Ghajini and Akshay Kumar’s Blue.

He collaborated with Kamal Haasan for Vishwaroopam and most recently, for Haasan’s forthcoming film, Uttama Villain, directed by Ramesh Arvind.

He spoke to Rediff.com contributor Praveen Sundaram from Los Angeles via Skype about his career in Hollywood, Uttama Villain and collaborating with Craig Mann, who recently won an Oscar for Whiplash.

How did you start your career in Hollywood?

After I moved to the United States, I started doing on-location sound. After a year of that, I realised that my passion lies in post-production, in sound design and mixing.

I did a course in the US specialising in post-production sound and slowly I started my career as a sound designer.

Was it difficult to find work in the US?

It is very scary to think about it now.

Before I came here, I thought there were Warner Brothers, Universal Studios, Sony and so many companies and I would go to the US and send them my resume with my Bachelor’s degree in sound from Singapore.

I thought it would all be very easy.

Not even one company got back to me.

So, I started with students who were doing their thesis films. Slowly I got into very low budget, independent films. Slowly I began getting good work.

How did you get into mainstream Hollywood?

I worked on short films and small budget films. One person would recommend me to another and my network grew.

I began working on independent films. Some of them were recognised at film festivals and one went to Sundance.

My resume started getting better, with better films and better filmmakers. People started approaching me.

Now I find myself working in films like Jem and The Holograms, which should be out in October this year, directed by Jon M Chu. It’s his next film after GI Joe. It is a very big movie for me. I am very excited.

What about your work with Tamil filmmakers?

Arun Vaidyanathan’s Achchamundu Achchamundu was my first Tamil film. Sometime in 2007-2008, I read an article online that a Tamil filmmaker was making a Tamil film to be shot entirely in the US.

At the time, I was getting better work and had a good team. I contacted Arun through his website and expressed my interest in working with him. That’s how Achchamundu Achchamundu happened.

Technically, I have done only four Tamil films: Achchamundu Achchamundu, Vishwaroopam, R S Prasanna’s Kalyana Samayal Saadham and Saivam. Uttama Villain will be my fifth release.

You were also a part of Ghajini and Endhiran…

I’ve known Resul Pookutty for a while now, even before he won the Oscar. He was doing the foley work (foley is the reproduction of everyday sound effects that are added to film, video, and other media in post-production to enhance audio quality) for Murugadoss’s Hindi remake of Ghajini.

He wanted to do some part of the work in the US. I helped him with that and also collaborated with him for Endhiren and Blue as a sound editor. I also did a little work in Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra One.

What was it like working with Kamal Haasan?

I was initially concerned about working with such a senior artist and technician. He comes with a lot of experience and has terrific knowledge on every aspect of filmmaking.

I was aware that it was a big budget film and he has high expectations from people he works with.

He made me feel very comfortable and was open to ideas. If you know your job, Kamal will trust you and leave it to you. He collaborated very well, not just with me but my entire crew; they all enjoyed working with him.

Some of them have worked in very big budget Hollywood films like Inception. But they felt that working with Kamal was a different experience because of his knowledge and the experience he brings to the table.

In a particular situation if you don’t know how to go ahead, he would be there. In his mind he knows the solution, but he will let you play around and come up with different possible solutions. Finally, he will tell us to try a particular way, just for the sake of trying and check if that works.

He has left me baffled many times.

Everybody says he is an encyclopedia and he is one, indeed.

Tell us more about your experience of working in Uttama Villain.

Kamal Haasan had narrated Uttama Villain to me while we were working on Vishwaroopam.

I thought it would be a cakewalk. It was only when I watched the first rough cut that I realised what I was getting into. He has done a fantastic job.

One of the biggest challenges was working in two different time zones in two different counties -- India and Los Angeles. Coordinating, getting all the sound files back and forth was very tough. The movie has contemporary portions and also period portions.

All the period portions were challenging because it was not something I had done before.

I had to work carefully without using any modern sounds. We wanted to keep it subtle and enhance the story and keep it as realistic as possible.

Did you visit the shooting spot?

No, but Kamal Haasan used to update me almost every two or three days over the phone. He would tell me about the scenes that he had shot.

I was aware of what was happening and I was always curious to see the final output.

I always watch the first cut like an audience and only from the second viewing I make my notes as a sound engineer.

Was the film shot in live-sound?

No, some of the actors don’t speak the language and most scenes were shot in challenging locations.

The thing with live-sound is when you work partly live and partly dub, it affects the quality of the film.

Kamal Haasan thanked you for putting him in touch with Craig Mann, the sound mixer who worked in Uttama Villain and won an Oscar for Whiplash. How did you guys collaborate? What did Craig Mann think of working in a Tamil film and Kamal Haasan?

I told Craig I was working in an Indian film and looking for a sound mixer to collaborate with.

He replied that he had just finished a small budget musical called Whiplash and if I was inviting him to collaborate for a Bollywood musical, he would love to do it.

I had to tell him that Indian films are not Bollywood films alone; there are multiple regional industries making fantastic films. He was fascinated by how many film industries we have in India.

I then told him about Kamal Haasan. They collaborated really well.

Will you be working in more Indian films?
I am open to working in any language as long as I find the work challenging and the team is good, and it is for people who understand the importance of sound, directors who understand what sound can do to their film.

I have worked in French, Italian and Ethiopian films too.

irir123
6th March 2015, 01:28 AM
ha ha..labor day or holiday...movie pathingala enna recenta :) but i agree to your thought

Nasc - in spite of having had actors of the calibre of Smitha Patil, Shabana Azmi, or Nandita Das, Saritha (brilliant find) etc, in recent times, actresses are NOT respected for their talent, or their range - very rarely do we get to see a film carried by the female lead or equally shared by the actress in mainstream Indian cinema.

Its different elsewhere - be it Kate Winslet, or, Cate Blanchett, or, Jessica Chastain - everyone gets a fair share of scripts and screen space - one of the VERY BEST performances I have seen is of Charlize Theron in Monster (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sraDVyksYMs, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCuSh0nGDh0) - I cant think of any male actor's performance matching such intensity in a long time!

of course we are talking about acting as a skill / talent / art - off late, in TFI most ppl just dont act or are trained to do so

venkkiram
6th March 2015, 01:31 AM
பேசும்போது எப்போதும் கரகரவென துருபிடித்த இரும்பு போல காணப்படும் கமலின் குரல் எப்படி பட வசனங்களில், பாடல்களில் மட்டும் பிசிறில்லாமல் ஒலிக்கிறது? பிரமிப்பாக இருக்கும் பல நேரங்களில்.

kumarsr
6th March 2015, 02:23 AM
Also his voice sounds different at different times. I think the stronger voice that he employs at times (which is very different and distinct) is for macho effect and not his real voice or close to it. In very early movies like Arangetram, it would seem like a large nasal effect, as if he is speaking through his nose.

Chikatiloan
6th March 2015, 09:52 AM
பேசும்போது எப்போதும் கரகரவென துருபிடித்த இரும்பு போல காணப்படும் கமலின் குரல் எப்படி பட வசனங்களில், பாடல்களில் மட்டும் பிசிறில்லாமல் ஒலிக்கிறது? பிரமிப்பாக இருக்கும் பல நேரங்களில்.

Same doubt..It seems when he is talking casually his voice has some nasal effect..if he puts some effort for emotional scenes or singing its very clear & bold..vera level..

mappi
6th March 2015, 04:20 PM
Sagavaram

Listened to it yesterday evening during a peaceful moment. It was beautiful. Associating with 'Unnai Ninachi' from Abborva Sakotharargal or 'Anu Vidhaiththa Boomiyile' from Vishwaroopam, only the mood nothing else, think this song will see the Kamal I love to see - the character looks who he is but that is not who he is actually - that search in the can that holds the character, the close-ups, face muscles trembling, that face itself, the smile and wet eyes - a devine joy to experience it on the screen in a dark room, the Master's Moves.

On the face look, the song just sings about a man who is not wanted neither in the heaven nor in the hell. He is hanging loose tagged as an immortal and he is becoming a never ending Saga. Its not being alive is pain, its undergoing the pain each time you win over the death. Here is Uthaman who is tired now, Saavu Vendi Sethu Kondu Irrukiran - Dying to Die.

Now from Kamal POV, again he fasinates me :

Kaniyar Kaniththa Kanakku Padi Naam
Kanum Ulagu idhu Vatta Pandhaam !?!
Vatta Pandhai Vattamadikkum mattra pandhum !

A 3 line take on astrology (Kanitha) & astrologers (Kaniyar) where a man's life (Naam) is hung between the circling planets (Vatta Pandhu).

The 'Seed' part is excellent too. All this experienced by a single man, how much time you have lived to see all this ? Uthaman has lived that long seeing everything being outside the circle, outside the cycle itself, and thats the Sorrow of Uthaman.

Chikatiloan
6th March 2015, 06:05 PM
Sagavaram

Listened to it yesterday evening during a peaceful moment. It was beautiful. Associating with 'Unnai Ninachi' from Abborva Sakotharargal or 'Anu Vidhaiththa Boomiyile' from Vishwaroopam, only the mood nothing else, think this song will see the Kamal I love to see - the character looks who he is but that is not who he is actually - that search in the can that holds the character, the close-ups, face muscles trembling, that face itself, the smile and wet eyes - a devine joy to experience it on the screen in a dark room, the Master's Moves.

On the face look, the song just sings about a man who is not wanted neither in the heaven nor in the hell. He is hanging loose tagged as an immortal and he is becoming a never ending Saga. Its not being alive is pain, its undergoing the pain each time you win over the death. Here is Uthaman who is tired now, Saavu Vendi Sethu Kondu Irrukiran - Dying to Die.

Now from Kamal POV, again he fasinates me :

Kaniyar Kaniththa Kanakku Padi Naam
Kanum Ulagu idhu Vatta Pandhaam !?!
Vatta Pandhai Vattamadikkum mattra pandhum !

A 3 line take on astrology (Kanitha) & astrologers (Kaniyar) where a man's life (Naam) is hung between the circling planets (Vatta Pandhu).

The 'Seed' part is excellent too. All this experienced by a single man, how much time you have lived to see all this ? Uthaman has lived that long seeing everything being outside the circle, outside the cycle itself, and thats the Sorrow of Uthaman.

Gr8 maapi.."saagavaram" is my favorite song followed by "iranya naadagam"...

below to mutharasan who is willing for immortal..
"Vendiyathellam Vaaitha oruvan saavai vendi setha kadhaigal
aayiram undu kelaai manna kelaai manna"

KH as writer shines at many places..UV is his best work in terms of lyrics..
Since Jodhaa Akbar by ARR this is the best historical musical album(ignoring lovea song) I have heard.. I expected a lot from "Kaaviya thalaivan" album but disappointed.
Being a gr8 ARR fan eager to know how other ARR fans rates this album as we are used to songs that slowly grows on..

Nasc
6th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Gr8 maapi.."saagavaram" is my favorite song followed by "iranya naadagam"...

below to mutharasan who is willing for immortal..
"Vendiyathellam Vaaitha oruvan saavai vendi setha kadhaigal
aayiram undu kelaai manna kelaai manna"

KH as writer shines at many places..UV is his best work in terms of lyrics..
Since Jodhaa Akbar by ARR this is the best historical musical album(ignoring lovea song) I have heard.. I expected a lot from "Kaaviya thalaivan" album but disappointed.
Being a gr8 ARR fan eager to know how other ARR fans rates this album as we are used to songs that slowly grows on..

Mappi truely appreciate your appreciation for the album..this infact seems to be one of the best written albums in recent times. ..

but i guess - in saagavaram - the kaniyar kanitha - refers to astronomers/mathematicians rather than astrologer, and the point there is not about the planets controlling the life here but about how the planets themselves will die as well..he also follows it with how the seemingly never ending light giver the sun too will die in another yuga.the song is sung to mutharasan on how everything living or non living will die and that from the ashes of what dies will come life again and that with the life that we have our role is to just finish the duty a love for it.

simply amazing ..gives goosebumps

radiochandra1977
6th March 2015, 08:09 PM
Ithellaam nalla thaan irukku. Padam goyaa aayidumo nnu beethiyaa irukku

mappi
6th March 2015, 08:20 PM
Nasc,

Here is the 'Big Bang Theory' you are refering too :

Karindhu Aerindhum Yediththa Pinnum
Kodhikkum Kuzhmbil Uyirgal Mulaikkum

kumarsr
6th March 2015, 08:21 PM
It should be interesting one though...Everyone involved seems confident of a good output but not sure if it is going to be a screaming hit. If people's tastes improve (dare I say), then it will be a big commercial hit as well...

Nasc
6th March 2015, 08:23 PM
Nasc,

Here is the 'Big Bang Theory' you are refering too :

Karindhu Aerindhum Yediththa Pinnum
Kodhikkum Kuzhmbil Uyirgal Mulaikkum

to be technically correct this is more like a super nova followed by new stars/planets growing out from that ..:)

Nasc
6th March 2015, 08:25 PM
It should be interesting one though...Everyone involved seems confident of a good output but not sure if it is going to be a screaming hit. If people's tastes improve (dare I say), then it will be a big commercial hit as well...
it is either a screaming hit or a anbe sivam..the middle ground may happen if the visuals are excellent and a simple story line..but the screaming hit or dud depends on if the ppl understand the intricacies or completely miss it

Nasc
6th March 2015, 08:30 PM

atharkana arigurigal pala idangalil therivathil entha santhegamum illai enbathu enathu thinamana karuthu

kumarsr
6th March 2015, 08:33 PM
If you see, movies of big heroes become blockbusters only by following a standard template (good versus bad, with the hero playing good and bashing several people in different ways). So UV is unlikely to fall into that category. There is a chance that it can go the Anbe Sivam way (commercially a dud) but given all the enthusiasm displayed (which does not seem to be manufactured), it is possible that it may not go that way. That leaves it as a decent hit (middle ground)...That was my reasoning.

Nasc
6th March 2015, 08:36 PM
Nasc - in spite of having had actors of the calibre of Smitha Patil, Shabana Azmi, or Nandita Das, Saritha (brilliant find) etc, in recent times, actresses are NOT respected for their talent, or their range - very rarely do we get to see a film carried by the female lead or equally shared by the actress in mainstream Indian cinema.

Its different elsewhere - be it Kate Winslet, or, Cate Blanchett, or, Jessica Chastain - everyone gets a fair share of scripts and screen space - one of the VERY BEST performances I have seen is of Charlize Theron in Monster (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sraDVyksYMs, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCuSh0nGDh0) - I cant think of any male actor's performance matching such intensity in a long time!

of course we are talking about acting as a skill / talent / art - off late, in TFI most ppl just dont act or are trained to do so

imo ,kate if she was in hollywood would have been cherished ,recognized and might hv been a merly streep in the making...elathukum distance thaan matter illa

the whole male vs female thing is neverending na.. even in this oscars they brought about the equality in wages for male and female actors..but i guess it is as simple as market value.

Nasc
6th March 2015, 08:42 PM
If you see, movies of big heroes become blockbusters only by following a standard template (good versus bad, with the hero playing good and bashing several people in different ways). So UV is unlikely to fall into that category. There is a chance that it can go the Anbe Sivam way (commercially a dud) but given all the enthusiasm displayed (which does not seem to be manufactured), it is possible that it may not go that way. That leaves it as a decent hit (middle ground)...That was my reasoning.

90 % correct with the formula for a blockbuster there is one more entry ..like dhrisyam a gripping kathai - thiraikathai (tamil la e.g kodukka recentah apdi ethuvum illa ..hhmmm:confused2:)

Chikatiloan
6th March 2015, 08:54 PM

Dr Anbe sivam pola classic'a iruntha flop aanaalum aethupeengala maateengala...

oru pakkam KH paadam tharam kuraidhu commercial noki poitu irukaarnu feel panrathu innoru pakkam classica irukku padam goyaa aayidumo nnu beethiyaaa irukkunu sonna epdi boss..
enakku classica irukkanum illaiya commercial success aagura maadhri irukkanum..if this happens I will be very very happy..
MMA pola irukka koodaathu..after listening to songs I hope it doesn't fall under MMA category

radiochandra1977
6th March 2015, 08:56 PM
Avaru commercial pakkam ponaarnnu naan eppomma feel pannen ? I hate remakes. Let him make a grand commercial hit like dasa. I am happiest

Chikatiloan
6th March 2015, 09:03 PM
Avaru commercial pakkam ponaarnnu naan eppomma feel pannen ? I hate remakes. Let him make a grand commercial hit like dasa. I am happiest

ok..good..but there are many who expects classic films ignoring BO status..
padam April release so it will be hit like Virumandi if not Super hit /BB..Virumandi pola classic+hit aachuna then its gr8 achievement..jallikattu scene+aruva fight + songs + sandiyar name controvery helped a bit to achieve hit status..
here I hope the songs will do as it occupies 30+ minutes in screen telling story which will keep us engaging..if there are some additional pluses without tamil accent issues,mokkai comedy then it will be decent hit

Nasc
6th March 2015, 09:06 PM
MMA pola irukka koodaathu..after listening to songs I hope it doesn't fall under MMA category

your take on the album please....(sorry if you ahve already given ur take). enna sir soldringa, this is far far from MMA - quality of music , lyrics and substance

Chikatiloan
6th March 2015, 09:50 PM
your take on the album please....(sorry if you ahve already given ur take). enna sir soldringa, this is far far from MMA - quality of music , lyrics and substance
I already said..UV album is one of the gem in recent years in terms of lyrics,music..KH has talent in writing and I am not surprised by this extraordinary lyrics but never expected such music from ghibran..substance - I don't know movie paatha thaan sollamudiyum..
MMA music is good but that kind of music already heard from DSP..

Adox
7th March 2015, 03:41 AM
Just the lyrics, great musicals from Gibran and without any commercial ingredients, there's not much of a chance for the movie to make a hit. All the intellectual conversations about supernova/blackholes etc. will fail to reach the majority film goer. Can only enthuse Kamal fans (not all though) and a few others. Dasa was a hit because of commercial ingredients, balram naidu comedy etc. rather than chaos theory and ebola virus. That said, UV should have a fair dose of commercial elements sprinkled throughout. Hopefully RA moderates it nicely.

Anban
7th March 2015, 07:43 AM
to be technically correct this is more like a super nova followed by new stars/planets growing out from that ..:)
Yes exactly. Black hole followed by super nova. This is the death of a star. Big bang is the start of the universe. Many half baked sites are relating this song to the big bang. [emoji38] naangalum aaraaichi panromnu uyira edukkuraanunga..

Chikatiloan
7th March 2015, 08:33 AM
Just the lyrics, great musicals from Gibran and without any commercial ingredients, there's not much of a chance for the movie to make a hit. All the intellectual conversations about supernova/blackholes etc. will fail to reach the majority film goer. Can only enthuse Kamal fans (not all though) and a few others. Dasa was a hit because of commercial ingredients, balram naidu comedy etc. rather than chaos theory and ebola virus. That said, UV should have a fair dose of commercial elements sprinkled throughout. Hopefully RA moderates it nicely.

The songs will fail to impress majority of the people now but it will definitely impress them in theaters..also most of the songs are part of 8th century story and with visuals it will be understandable for majority of movie goers..
except saagavaram song other songs are easy to understand and its just straight forward..mutharasan kadhai,uthaman kadhai is simple story & nothing complicated..iranyan naadagam is also old epic Vishnu story which many people know..1st 2 times when I heard iranyan naadagam I didn't get anything,third time when I heard my wife was nearby who is hearing 1st time and instantly she understood & said its prahlada story..
the thing is 1st few times any album you hear you wont get the lyrics..instant hit songs are becoz of catchy music but nothing else...
UV has great orchestration which will be very good in theaters and will be liked by many..
yes I accept this alone is not enough there must be few other commercial elements which can be sentiment,comedy,good family drama..

avavh3
7th March 2015, 05:47 PM
when dasa released, many felt nambi portion was very short. 8th century portion in UV seems to be an extension of the same it seems. could see some resemblance between them (taking uttaman in cage through public roads, getting hit on head)
im sure this movie is for every one..a rare mixture of vithagam and varthagam..like thevar magan.

avavh3
7th March 2015, 06:44 PM
கடும் போராட்டத்தில் கமல்: ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் சிறப்புப் பேட்டி

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_cDCfsWQAEuIgi.jpg:large

“குணால் என்கிற ஆடியோ தொழில்நுட்பக் கலைஞர்தான் க்ரேய்க்கை அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். அவருக்கு ஆஸ்கர் விருது கிடைத்திருப்பதில் ரொம்ப சந்தோஷம். ஆனால், மக்களின் கைதட்டல்கள் ஆஸ்கர் விருதுக்கு ஒரு படி மேல்தான்.

அந்த வகையில் கமல் சார், கே.பி சார், கே.விஸ்வநாத் சார் என மக்களிடம் கைதட்டல்கள் அள்ளியவர்கள் படத்தில் க்ரேய்க் பணியாற்றி இருக்கிறார் என்று நினைக்கும்போது கூடுதல் சந்தோஷம்” என்று கன்னம் தடவிச் சிரித்தபடி பேச ஆரம்பித்தார் உத்தமவில்லன் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த்.

'உத்தம வில்லன்' எந்த மாதிரியான கதைக்களம்?

ஒரு படத்துக்குள் இரண்டு படங்களை இயக்கி இருக்கிறேன். அதுதான் உண்மை. 21ம் நூற்றாண்டில் காமெடி கலந்த பிரம்மாண்டமான ஒரு கதை. அதில் சூப்பர் ஸ்டாராகக் கமல் நடித்திருக்கிறார்.

'சதிலீலாவதி', 'பஞ்சதந்திரம்' பாணியில் காமெடியில் ஒரு புது முயற்சி பண்ணியிருக்கிறோம். இன்னொருபுறம் 8-ம் நூற்றாண்டு காலம். பிரம்மாண்டமான அரங்குகள் அமைத்து மேக்கப் எல்லாம் போட்டு ஒரு புதுமையான கதைக்களம்.

இந்த இரண்டு உலகத்துக்கும் ஒரு இணைப்பு இருக்கும். அதுதான் திரைக்கதை. அதை கமல் சார் சூப்பராகக் கோர்த்திருக்கிறார். இரண்டு உலகங்களையும் மிகப் பிரம்மாண்டமாகப் படமாக்கி இருக்கிறோம்.

ஆன்ட்ரியா, பூஜாகுமார், பார்வதி என்று நிறைய நாயகிகள் இருக்கிறார்களே?

படத்தில் முக்கியமாக ஐந்து பெண்கள் இருக்கிறார்கள். யாருடைய கதாபாத்திரமும் வீணாகத் திணித்தது போன்று இருக்காது. அவரவர் கதாபாத்திரங்களை நான் சொன்ன உடனேயே, கொஞ்சமும் யோசிக்காமல் ஒப்புக் கொண்டார்கள் என்றால் பார்த்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள்.

இரண்டு முரண்பட்ட வார்த்தைகளை இணைத்துத் தலைப்பு வைத்திருக்கிறீர்களே?

இந்த உலகத்தில் எல்லா மனிதர்களுமே உத்தம வில்லன்கள்தான். எல்லோருக்குள்ளும் ஓர் உத்தமன், ஒரு வில்லன் என்று இரண்டு பேர் இருக்கிறார்கள். அதையே நான் படத்திலும் வைத்திருக்கிறேன் அவ்வளவுதான். ஒரு மனிதனுக்குள் இருக்கும் உத்தமன், வில்லன் இருவருக்கும் தினமும் நடக்கும் சம்பவங்களும் போராட்டமும்தான் திரைக்கதைக்கான தீனி.

கமலுடன் உங்களுக்கு ஏற்பட்ட நெருக்கம், நட்பு பற்றி சொல்லுங்கள்?

முதலில் ரசிகன், சக நடிகன் பிறகே இயக்குநர் என எங்களுக்குள் இருக்கும் நட்பு வளர்ந்து கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. அவருடைய நம்பகத்தன்மை என்னை வியக்க வைக்கும். அவர் சென்னையில் இருப்பார், நான் பெங்களூருவில் இருப்பேன். இருவருக்குமே அதிகமாகத் தொலைபேசி, வாட்ஸ் அப் நட்புதான் என்றாலும், அந்த நட்பு மிகவும் உறுதியானது.

அவருடன் நேரில் உட்கார்ந்து பேச ஆரம்பித்தால், நேரம் போவதே தெரியாது. சினிமா, கலை, இலக்கியம், உலக அரசியல், காமெடி என எதைப் பற்றி பேசினாலும் மலைப்பாக இருக்கும். அந்த மலைப்புக்குக் காரணம் அவர் தன்னை அப்டேட் செய்து கொள்ளும் விதம். அனைத்து விஷயங்களிலும் என்ன அப்டேட் ஆகியிருக்கிறதோ, அதை உடனே தெரிந்து கொள்ளும் ஆர்வம்.

'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தைப் பொருத்தவரை இருவரும் இணைந்து பெரிய அளவில் ஆட்டம் ஆடியிருக்கிறோம். என் மீது அதிக நம்பிக்கை வைத்து இந்தப் பட வாய்ப்பைக் கொடுத்தார். இந்தப் படம் மூலமாக மேலும் எங்களது நட்பு வலிமையாகி இருக்கிறது என்றுதான் சொல்வேன்.

நடிகர், நண்பர், இயக்குநர், தயாரிப்பாளர் இந்த வரிசையில் எந்தக் கமலை உங்களுக்குப் பிடிக்கும்?

எல்லா கமலையுமே எனக்குப் பிடிக்கும். சினிமாவில் எல்லாத் துறையிலும் அவருக்கு இருக்கும் ஈடுபாட்டை நான் வேறு யாரிடமும் பார்த்ததில்லை. அதேபோல, நடிப்பு என்று வரும்போது படப்பிடிப்பில் நான் மானிட்டரைக் கூர்ந்து பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருப்பேன். காட்சி முடிந்து கட் சொல்லக்கூட மனம் வராது. அந்த அளவுக்கு அவரது நடிப்பின் தாக்கம் இருக்கும்.

கமல் படப்பிடிப்பில் பணியாற்றுபவர்களைப் பார்த்தீர்கள் என்றால் எல்லா விஷயத்திலும் அப்டேட் ஆனவர்களாகத்தான் இருப்பார்கள். படப்பிடிப்பில் ஒரு சின்னக் காட்சி, செட் வேலை என எந்தவொரு விஷயத்தையும் அவ்வளவு எளிதில் ஒப்புக்கொள்ள மாட்டார் கமல். எந்தவொரு விஷயம் என்றாலும் அதில் 100 சதவீதம் சரியாக இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பார்.

தமிழ்த் திரையில் முன்போல நீங்கள் படம் இயக்குவதோ நடிப்பதோ இல்லையே ஏன்?

நான் என்ன நடிக்க மாட்டேன் என்றா சொல்கிறேன். எனக்குக் கதைகள் வரவில்லை அவ்வளவுதான். 1997-ல் ‘டூயட்' படம் பண்ணினேன். அதன்பிறகு கன்னடத்தில் நான் நடித்த 9 படங்கள் தொடர்ச்சியாக 100 நாள் படங்கள். ஆகையால் பெங்களூருவுக்கு மாறினேன். மற்றபடி நான் தமிழ்த் திரையை மறப்பவனில்லை. எந்தவொரு பெரிய நடிகரை வைத்து இயக்கவும், நல்ல கதை வந்தால் நடிப்பதற்கும் நான் எப்போதுமே தயாராகத்தான் இருக்கிறேன்.

நீங்களும் பாலசந்தர் பள்ளியிலிருந்து வந்தவர். நீங்கள் இயக்க, கமல் நடிப்பதைப் பற்றி பாலசந்தர் என்ன சொன்னார்?

'புன்னகை மன்னன்' படப்பிடிப்பின் போதுதான் பாலசந்தர் சார் என்னை கமலிடம் அறிமுகப்படுத்தி வைத்தார். இப்படத்துக்காக போய் கேட்ட போது நடிக்கிறேன் என்று சொல்லிவிட்டார். அவர் பண்ணியிருக்கிற விதத்தை நீங்கள் திரையில் பாருங்கள். அந்தக் கதாபாத்திரத்தை அவரைத் தவிர வேறு யாரும் பண்ணியிருக்க முடியாது.

அவருக்கு எப்படியாவது இந்தப் படத்தை காட்டிவிட வேண்டும் என்று நினைத்தோம். ஆனால், அது முடியாமல் போய்விட்டது. அவருடைய இறுதிப் படத்தை நான் இயக்கி இருக்கிறேன் என்று நினைக்கும்போது சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. கண்களும் ததும்புகின்றன.

Adox
7th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Why didnt other releases stay away if they think UV will eat into their business ? UV was conceived earlier than most.

Uttama Villain to be postponed?

One of the most expected movies for the second quarter of this year, Uttama Villain was planned to release on the 2nd of April 2015.

But now we hear that the movie might get postponed a little further to the 10th of April. The talks are still on to release the movie on the 2nd but with a couple of other movies releasing on the very same date Uttama Villain could eat into the business of other movies.

Tamil Nadu film association has been planning to come out with a proper strategy to strike a balance with the number of movies to be released in a month and also to give a proper trade window for a big budget film.

Meanwhile Uttama Villain will apparently be sent for censoring in the coming week.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/kamal-haasans-uttama-villain-to-be-postponed.html

radiochandra1977
7th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Bill4u ......... i had to reply in the padmabhushan thread also. Behindwoods and indiaglitz sites thayavu seithu quote pannatheenga. They are a group of jobless people assembled who post the same hearsay news and rumours which we come to know from so many other sources and try to sensationalise it. Unga time kooda waste aagum atha padichu upload pannara velaiyila. Thavaraaga ninaikka vendaam please .....

Adox
7th March 2015, 07:48 PM
illa saar .. not many of us have personal access to Kamal/his circle or other genuine sites. These are the places I get my news ..

radiochandra1977
7th March 2015, 07:52 PM
Neenga intha forum follow pannunga. I will give u authentic news.

Arvind Srinivasan
7th March 2015, 09:33 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/kamal-s-uttama-villain-us-rights-sold-news-tamil-pdhkNGgcjgbfh.html

Hopefully they get good theaters with at least a two week running time. Catching tamil flicks in theatres has become problem ever since I moved to Rochester in January. "I " ran for a week and Yennai Arindhal for just three days, that too on weekdays at 9 PM. Wonder what the distributors out here were cooking. And it was quite surprising to note that tamil movies aren't released as widely in NY state as in other states. Anegan didnt release here at all.

Karikalen
8th March 2015, 06:00 AM
Brilliant album. Fabulous music and fantastic lyrics. Kamal's voice is mesmerising in Uthaman introduction.I can see a resemblance of the late Sivaji's voice when he narrates in Iraniyan Naadagam. Gibran has delivered a classical masterpiece.

Nasc
8th March 2015, 08:15 AM
http://www.sify.com/movies/kamal-s-uttama-villain-us-rights-sold-news-tamil-pdhkNGgcjgbfh.html

Hopefully they get good theaters with at least a two week running time. Catching tamil flicks in theatres has become problem ever since I moved to Rochester in January. "I " ran for a week and Yennai Arindhal for just three days, that too on weekdays at 9 PM. Wonder what the distributors out here were cooking. And it was quite surprising to note that tamil movies aren't released as widely in NY state as in other states. Anegan didnt release here at all.

anegan la..did not release in midwest region too. danush movies and all do not get released here. on the contrary ennakul oruvan has released here.danush ahs a very weak to no market atleast in this part of the world.

at the minimum we can expect UV to have a release similar to Vishwaroopam/Dasa in USA...which is better than any other tamil movie. Kamal still has a bigger opening / market in US than any south indian actor. Dasa has the biggest ever crowd i have seen for a tamil movie here.

Chikatiloan
8th March 2015, 08:31 AM

FYI Rajkamal films international has started new company "Rajkamal new frontiers" to distribute films at overseas and also to sell DVD's in territories where movies are not released but significant tamil population exists..This is very good move by Kamalhaasan..In Singapore/Malaysia vishwaroopam is the highest selling DVD for tamil movie..it happens time & again for Kamalhaasan movie..anbe sivam,guna flopped in theaters but DVDs,etc sold like hot cakes..who is earning that like IR songs copyright?
Above for US and Canada he has collaborated with prime media..Rajkamal new frontiers has finalized releasing in japan as well..

Arvind Srinivasan
8th March 2015, 08:56 AM
anegan la..did not release in midwest region too. danush movies and all do not get released here. on the contrary ennakul oruvan has released here.danush ahs a very weak to no market atleast in this part of the world.

at the minimum we can expect UV to have a release similar to Vishwaroopam/Dasa in USA...which is better than any other tamil movie. Kamal still has a bigger opening / market in US than any south indian actor. Dasa has the biggest ever crowd i have seen for a tamil movie here.

Hi, Nasc. Yes, I am confident it would release here.But my concern are the theatres used for exhibiting tamil flicks. They dont come up to the standards set by those used for hindi ones.

FYI Rajkamal films international has started new company "Rajkamal new frontiers" to distribute films at overseas and also to sell DVD's in territories where movies are not released but significant tamil population exists..This is very good move by Kamalhaasan..In Singapore/Malaysia vishwaroopam is the highest selling DVD for tamil movie..it happens time & again for Kamalhaasan movie..anbe sivam,guna flopped in theaters but DVDs,etc sold like hot cakes..who is earning that like IR songs copyright?
Above for US and Canada he has collaborated with prime media..Rajkamal new frontiers has finalized releasing in japan as well..

Hello, USV. Yes I know of the new company. I am hopeful of the day we regularly get extended, behind the scenes footage, deleted scenes and commentary along with the main movie. I am yet to see a Kamal movie have any of these in its DVDs. Hopefully he starts doing it. Also yaarachum avaru kitta official screenplays release panna sollunga paa. Avar pannanum pannavekkanumnnu upathesam mattum panraru, but doesnt walk the talk.

radiochandra1977
8th March 2015, 09:11 PM
Vechaanga paaru aappu. Padam April 14 thaan.

Arvind Srinivasan
8th March 2015, 09:15 PM
^ En..April 10 th kooda illayaa...What's the problem now ?

radiochandra1977
8th March 2015, 09:16 PM
Tamil Producers council made a new rule with effect from now that more than 15 crore budget films can release on 10 festival days only.

Chikatiloan
8th March 2015, 10:05 PM
Tamil Producers council made a new rule with effect from now that more than 15 crore budget films can release on 10 festival days only.

Dr yes its bit disappointment for fans for UV postponing to April-14 but overall its a very good move from producer council..
In the new rule they also mentioned proper trade window and days needs to be allocated for big budget films > 15 crores with atleast 2 weeks no other movies can be released..
Nowadays its getting worse..YA,Anegan,Kaakisattai released back to back leaving no time for WOM and family members willing to watch in 2nd week-end without black ticket issues..

radiochandra1977
8th March 2015, 11:21 PM
USV .... dont forget the fact that on Jan 26 .... Kalaipuli Thaanu was elected as president of producer council. Need I say more .

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 01:25 AM
காதலாம் கடவுள்முன் பாடல்வரிகள்
பாடல்: கமல்
பாடியவர் : பத்மலதா

காதலாம் கடவுள்முன்
கண்களாம் கோவிலில்
தேகத்தின் தாகமே ஆராதனை..

காமமாம் கடும்புனல் கடந்திடும் படகிது
ஆசையாம் பாய்மரம் அமைந்ததோர் படகிது
கரையைத் தேடி அலையும் நேரம்
உயிரும் மெழுகாய் உருகுதே
வீணையை மீட்டும் விரல்கள் போலே
சுண்டி சுண்டியென மீட்டி மகிழ்ந்திடும்
காதலாம் கடவுள்முன்
கண்களாம் கோவிலில்
தேகத்தின் தாகமே ஆராதனை..

பிரிந்தவர் கூடினால் பேசவும் வேண்டுமா
மோகத்தைச் சொல்லிட மொழியுமோர் தடையாகுமோ
இசையின் காலம் கணிக்கும் தாளம்
போல என்னுடன் கலக்க வா
இன்பமலையின் சிகரம் சேர்க்க
கொஞ்சி கொஞ்சி என் செவியில் பேசிடும்
காதலாம் கடவுள்முன்
கண்களாம் கோவிலில்
தேகத்தின் தாகமே ஆராதனை..

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 01:35 AM
பாடல்கள் மீதானா ஊடல் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக தீர்ந்து வருகிறது. மீண்டும் கேட்கத் தொடங்கிவிட்டேன். இந்தமுறை காதலாம் கடவுள்முன் பிடித்துபோய்விட்டது. அது படத்தில் சூழலுக்கு பொருந்திவருகிறதா இல்லையா என படம்வந்தபின் ஆராயலாம். ஆனால் தனிப்பாடலாக கேட்டுப் பார்த்தால் அருமையான மெலடி. கமலின் ஒவ்வொரு வார்த்தையும் எளிமையான அதே நேரத்தில் கவிநயத்துடன் எழுதப்பட்டுள்ளன. வாலி இருந்தால் கமல் மீது பெருமைப்படுவார் ஒருவிஷயத்திற்காக. அது என்னவென்றால்.. சரணம் முடிந்து பல்லவிக்கு தாவ ஒரு பாலமாக இருக்கும் வார்த்தைகள். அது கமலுக்கு கைவைந்த கலையாக இருக்கிறதை இங்கே பார்க்கலாம். பத்மலதா அங்கங்கே சில ஒற்றெழுத்துக்களை முழுங்கிவிட்டிருந்தாலும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்யும் பல இடங்கள் சிறப்பு. பாராட்டுக்கள்.

:clap: Ghibran

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 01:40 AM
தமிழ்த்திரை பாடல்வரிகளை ஆங்கில எழுத்துக்களில் எழுதும் பழக்கத்தை தவிர்க்கவும். தமிழில் எழுத வரவில்லை என்றால் அதற்கான முயற்சிகளில் இறங்கவும். "kaadhalaam" என ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதினால் "காதலாம்" என தமிழில் எழுதிக்காட்டும் வசதிகள் இணையத்தில் பல வந்துவிட்டன. அதை உபயோகப்படுத்திக்கொள்ளவும்.

kumarsr
9th March 2015, 03:07 AM
பாடல்கள் மீதானா ஊடல் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக தீர்ந்து வருகிறது. மீண்டும் கேட்கத் தொடங்கிவிட்டேன். இந்தமுறை காதலாம் கடவுள்முன் பிடித்துபோய்விட்டது. அது படத்தில் சூழலுக்கு பொருந்திவருகிறதா இல்லையா என படம்வந்தபின் ஆராயலாம். ஆனால் தனிப்பாடலாக கேட்டுப் பார்த்தால் அருமையான மெலடி. கமலின் ஒவ்வொரு வார்த்தையும் எளிமையான அதே நேரத்தில் கவிநயத்துடன் எழுதப்பட்டுள்ளன. வாலி இருந்தால் கமல் மீது பெருமைப்படுவார் ஒருவிஷயத்திற்காக. அது என்னவென்றால்.. சரணம் முடிந்து பல்லவிக்கு தாவ ஒரு பாலமாக இருக்கும் வார்த்தைகள். அது கமலுக்கு கைவைந்த கலையாக இருக்கிறதை இங்கே பார்க்கலாம். பத்மலதா அங்கங்கே சில ஒற்றெழுத்துக்களை முழுங்கிவிட்டிருந்தாலும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்யும் பல இடங்கள் சிறப்பு. பாராட்டுக்கள்.

:clap: Ghibran

I am happy you have a change of mind...Just pointing...Quite a bit different from your initial reaction just a few days ago....What happened?

உத்தம வில்லன் பாடல்கள் அனைத்தையும் ஒருமுறை கேட்டாச்சி.. இசையொலி ஏமாற்றம். எந்த மெலடியும் மனதில் உட்காரல. .......
இளையராஜா மட்டுமே உத்தமவில்லனுக்கு பொருத்தம். படத்தைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு இன்னொருமுறை கேட்டுப்பார்க்கிறேன். அதுவரை எந்த அளவுக்கு எதிர்பார்ப்போடு உத்தமவில்லனை நெருங்கி வந்தேனோ அதன் இருமடங்கு அளவில் விலகிப் போய்க்கொண்டு இருக்கிறேன். விருமாண்டியின் கதைசொல்லிப் பாடலான "கருமாத்தூர் காட்டுக்குள்ளே"வை ஒன்றுக்கு இருமுறை கேட்டுவிட்டு நிம்மதியாக உறங்கச் செல்கிறேன்.

.....சரி..அதையெல்லாம் விடுங்கள். என் வாழ்நாள் அனுபவத்தில் முதல்முறை கேட்கும்போதே மனதில் பதியாத மெலடிகள் கொண்ட ஒரே கமல் ஆல்பம் உத்தமவில்லன் மட்டும்தான். தேவா, வித்யசாகர், ரஹ்மான், தேவி ஸ்ரீ பிரசாத், பரத்வாஜ், சங்கர் மகாதேவன் என ராஜா இல்லாத மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பாடல்களில் கூட மெலடி இருந்தது. முதல்முறை கேட்கும்போதே ஒன்று இரண்டாவது மனதில் ஒட்டியது. உத்தமவில்லன் பாடல்கள் அந்தவகையில் பூஜ்யம்தான். போன பதிவும் சொன்னதுபோல, படம் பார்க்கும்வரை இன்னொரு முறை கேட்கப் போவதில்லை. படம் பார்த்துவிட்டு காட்சிகளோடு பொருந்தி வந்திருந்தால் இரண்டாம் முறை கேட்டு லயிப்பேன். அவ்வளவுதான்.

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 09:07 AM
I am happy you have a change of mind...Just pointing...Quite a bit different from your initial reaction just a few days ago....What happened?

ஒன்றும் விசேஷமில்லை. நேற்று முந்தைய நாள் நண்பரின் காரில் பிரயாணம் செய்ய நேர்ந்தபோது இப்படப் பாடல்களை ஒன்றுக்கு இரண்டுமுறையாகக் கேட்க வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது. படத்தைப் பற்றிய முன்முடிவுகளை நீக்கிவிட்டு கேட்கும்போது 'காதலாம் கடவுள்முன்' பாடல் பிடித்துப்போனது. என்னையும் அறியாமல் இப்போது ஹம் செய்யத் தொடங்கிவிட்டேன்.

Nasc
9th March 2015, 09:25 AM
ஒன்றும் விசேஷமில்லை. நேற்று முந்தைய நாள் நண்பரின் காரில் பிரயாணம் செய்ய நேர்ந்தபோது இப்படப் பாடல்களை ஒன்றுக்கு இரண்டுமுறையாகக் கேட்க வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது. படத்தைப் பற்றிய முன்முடிவுகளை நீக்கிவிட்டு கேட்கும்போது 'காதலாம் கடவுள்முன்' பாடல் பிடித்துப்போனது. என்னையும் அறியாமல் இப்போது ஹம் செய்யத் தொடங்கிவிட்டேன்.

dear venkki....(apologies this is from work PC and do not hv tamil fonts installed so manichudunga) on the top ah illama thanimaiyil ..konjam varigalai gavanithal..paadalgal mel Erpu koodum.

iraniyan nadagam & all other period song la ellam ..rasikrathuku ekkachakkama matter iruku.

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 09:40 AM
dear venkki....(apologies this is from work PC and do not hv tamil fonts installed so manichudunga) on the top ah illama thanimaiyil ..konjam varigalai gavanithal..paadalgal mel Erpu koodum.

iraniyan nadagam & all other period song la ellam ..rasikrathuku ekkachakkama matter iruku.
http://tamil.indiatyping.com/ or http://transliteration.yahoo.com/tamil/ will do. Installation of Tamil fonts are not reqd. Try it out.

raagadevan
9th March 2015, 09:47 AM
I use http://tamil.changathi.com/, which works perfectly for me! :)

Nasc
9th March 2015, 10:10 AM
http://tamil.indiatyping.com/ or http://transliteration.yahoo.com/tamil/ will do. Installation of Tamil fonts are not reqd. Try it out.

மிகவும் நன்றி ...இது தெரியாம போச்சே இத்தனை வருசமா

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 10:31 AM
USV .... dont forget the fact that on Jan 26 .... Kalaipuli Thaanu was elected as president of producer council. Need I say more .

Dr I know..ellam thiruttu pasanga thaan but in this case are you linking thaanu with aalavanthaan debacle and trying to hitback kamalhaasan..I don't think so..
Anyone who looses money at that moment they will get angry and do some mindless activities..2 years before in Jaya TV interview thaanu explained the aalvanthaan issue in genuine manner and supported/praised KH as well..

radiochandra1977
9th March 2015, 10:32 AM
No USV ..... its an organised nexus and they hate KH

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 10:35 AM
Appadiyaa ..neenga sonna sari thaan..
how many enemies does Kamalhaasan have?

radiochandra1977
9th March 2015, 10:37 AM
I dont know the exact count. But he has a good number of enemies. Some because of his attitude , some because of his bluntly straight forward nature.

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 10:43 AM
I dont know the exact count. But he has a good number of enemies. Some because of his attitude , some because of his bluntly straight forward nature.

ha ha..yes but the gr8 thing he is still successful despite all this..one side organized nexus to hit KH but another side it seems KH is desperate to release in April 2nd..in twitter I can see US,canada distributors stating it will be released by April-2 and in japan by April-5,sunday..
JJ kitta VR issue'vae samaalichitaar thaanulaan sappa matter avarukku..

radiochandra1977
9th March 2015, 10:45 AM
Producer council is a strong body. Only ray of hope is Jaya TV given audio rights. He has to go with Lingusamy and pammify to Madam like Mummy ya paatha MLA. Only then .... April 2 possible.

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 10:47 AM
Producer council is a strong body. Only ray of hope is Jaya TV given audio rights. He has to go with Lingusamy and pammify to Madam like Mummy ya paatha MLA. Only then .... April 2 possible.

Ada kodumaiyae..

Nasc
9th March 2015, 10:51 AM

rv udhaykumar..is one such guy, i hv noticed him thevaiye illama pulling kamal's name. kamal actually holds strong due to distributors ..one can notice even in the lingaa mediator interview how he gives respect to kamal the way he addresses him...
nexus against kamal as well as rajni has always been there...it is always the ppl who are field out and holding on due to the sangams

avavh3
9th March 2015, 12:11 PM

இது ரொம்ப சுலபமா இருக்கே! மிக்க நன்றி வெங்கி சார் (tamil.indiatyping.com)

avavh3
9th March 2015, 04:01 PM
twitter கலாய்ப்பு :-D

Kamal Haasan Fans retweeted
@$#0K @ashoker_UHKH · Mar 8
உலகுண்ட பெருவாயா, உதடுண்ண வருவாயா..
#ஹிஹி

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_jIjiiUcAAa3Is.jpg:large

looks terribly young

avavh3
9th March 2015, 04:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_hMD3AUYAAxdA2.jpg

avavh3
9th March 2015, 04:07 PM
priyanka raemolla ‏@raemolla Mar 7
#Waiting4UttamaVillainOnApr2 RT @KamalHaasanFans Whatte Interesting way to put credits! #UttamaVillain

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GnL-6UwAAtblA.jpg

Cinemarasigan
9th March 2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks Unmai v...

Cinemarasigan
9th March 2015, 04:20 PM

April 14 is better I feel... 6 days opening week / weekend we will get.

Cinemarasigan
9th March 2015, 04:21 PM

that kalai eli baanu is against KH for quite long time..

Arvind Srinivasan
9th March 2015, 05:03 PM
http://www.cineulagam.com/tamil/news-tamil/cinema/113967/

Have a look at this

avavh3
9th March 2015, 06:08 PM
Omg

mappi
9th March 2015, 06:11 PM
Iranyan Nadagam

This track summerises the other 3 songs and serves as a reason for Sagavaram. The lyrics are jumbled between these 5 tracks, and the expressions are wonderful. Lyrically, I consider it one of the best piece of work which alligns to accuracy over the different existing versions.

The Demons, The Humans and The Avatar
a brief note on Hiranyakasipu, Prahalada & Narasimha for Uthama Villain

Preface - Birth of the Demon

'Vekamgettu Pandriyum Thaam Dhaan Yendravana Kadavul'

During the Satya Yuga, Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu were born to Sage Kashyapa & Diti. The brothers grew up in the Asur world, a world of warriors which is neither in Hell or Heaven. These warriors not only fought with each other, but also tormented the other worlds. Other than the Devalokas, Earth seems to be their perfect target to unleash chaos. The one who rules these warriors and puts them under his command is the one Big Asura. Hiranyaksha soon became their magnificent leader and after fighting the Devas and the Hell creatures, he taunted the Gods themselves by taking the Earth under the ocean. Avatar Time. Vishnu takes Varaha Avatar, turns himself into a boar, plunges into the ocean, carries back the Earth balancing between his horns, all the while fighting Hiranyaksha and eventually tearing him into pieces.

Death of Hiranyaksha was a shocker. The Asura world tumbled. Victory was not in the daily menu as before. Hiranyakasipu needed that micracualous power his brother had. So he leaves the Asura world to the jungle to pray to and convience Lord Brahma, the Creator, for an ultimate boon.

[Other than considering Pandri as an insult, Hiranyakasipu shows his emotional rage while confrontation with Prahalada as Prahalada's uncle was killed by the God who descended as a Boar. So furious he spits fire on Prahalada : Vekamgettu Pandriyum Thaam Dhaan Yendravana Kadavul]

Act 1 - The Plan

Indira, the King of Devas, took the absence of Hiranyakasipu as an advantage and ransaked the Asura World. The demons fell. The victory made Indira horribily mad that he rode to the Capital and took Kayadhu, the wife of Hiranyakasipu, hostage. Indira, as cruel as he can get, pulled her by her hair over the ruins of the capital, his sole intention is to keep her his slave for the lifetime. At that time, Naradha, appeared and angrily addressed Indira to stop the mayhem. Indira did not yield to Naradha's order, until Naradha asked him to account the sins of Kayadhu and on what grounds she is mis-treated. Indira let go Kayadhu and retreated with his men.

Naradha approached the weeping Kayadhu. She was clueless to all these mistreatments, but Naradha assured her that she is with the safe hands and granted her wish - to be taken with him to his Asharam, again assuring her that he is aware of the embryo inside her. At the Asharam, Naradha made it a point to narrate all the laurels of Vishnu. Kayadhu was present through all the sessions, as was the growing fetus, all the while attentive.

The plan put in place.

Act 2 - Return of The Demon

Budham Ainthum Porunthiya Porulo, Vedham Naangum Vilangiya Uruvam
Iravum Pagalum Agamum puramum, Pirivatridum Saaga Varamudaiyan

The whole jungle was blazing. The fires mounting high up to the Lokas. Hiranyakasipu's penance has taken new heights. Terrified, the Devas rushed to Brahma to put down the heated atmosphere. Brahma met up with Hiranyakasipu and informed him that he is pleased and would grant him a boon. Hiranyakasipu asks for Immoratality. Brahma explains him that as a Creator, if there is a begining, there should be an end, but invites him to ask something else and he will grant it. Hiranyakasipu then asks the ultimate :

- No one can slay him - not a human or Devas or Asuras or animals or even by GOD himself.
- Neither during the day nor during the night death can approach him
- He cannot meet death in any of the existing world
- Immunity towards weapons and natural calamities

Brahma, going by his words, granted it to Hiranyakasipu. After granting the boon, Brahma took the next direct flight to Vaikumdam to meet Vishnu.

Hiranyakasipu returned, regained his wife Kayadhu and unleashed terror over all the existing worlds. His return marked with the Victory over Heavens, Hiranyakasipu, the New King of the 3 worlds.

Act 3 - Iraniyan Nadagam

Un Siru viral Konda Yen Sudar Mani, Maarbil Sural Mudi Soodathra

The little boy came running towards his father Hiranyakasipu, sitting majestically on the thrones governing all the worlds. He carried him and made him sit on his laps. Prahalada enjoying the warmth of his father started to spin his chest hair with his tiny fingers. Hiranyakasipu asked Prahalada if he found school interesting. The answer that came from him shocked Hiranyakasipu. Prahalada had mentioned his knowledge over Vishnu addressing him as the ruler of all the worlds. Before even giving time to get out of the shock, Prahalada mentions that if they devoted Vishnu, he will always be there for them.

Yevanivan Innar Naranadha Paduvom, Yettu Dhisayum Yennaye Thozhuthida
Yen Magan Vazhipada Veroru Uruvo, Yenakkoru Inaiyena Evarayum Suzhavo

Hiranyakasipu called Prahalada's teacher. Questioned him angirily. The teacher replied that even at school Prahalada rebelled when said that you are the King of all worlds, he argues that its Vishnu. Hiranyakasipu over-raged pulled his son to his court.

- He ordered his men to slay his head. Hesitant, the gaurds took their swords out, but before it could reach Prahalada's head, the blades fell down, leaving only the handles intact in their hands.

- He then order Prahalada to be bitten by the snakes, but 'paiyil visham illaiye, adhanal, pal pattu pizhaitu vittan' Pragaladan (LoL).

- Looking at his own father trying to kill him, he meditated to Vishnu. At this time, Hiranyakasipu called his sister Holika, as she had gained a cloak that could cheat fire. He asked her to trick Prahalada to sit on her laps - at that time, they both were put on fire, but Holika will escape using the cloak. The aunt took Prahalada on her laps and the gaurds set them on fire. A micraculous breeze, flew the cloak and covered it over Prahalada, Holika burning to death.

The death of his sister enraged Hiranyakasipu more. He pulled Prahalada who is still chanting the name of Vishnu and ordered to him to stop the foolishness and start saying how could Vishnu be more greater than himelf.

Mithu Guli kattu Kadhai Kettu, Pattu Ponai kettu Ponaai
Ashtaksharam Dhusta Paya Naamam, Ariya Pala Arpa Mura

He even mocks at Vishnu, and discourages Prahalada from continuing, but Prahalada does not just give up. Finally, enraged, he pulls his son towards him and asks where is God, and if he is everywhere, is he in these Pillars too ?

Yaadhum Hari Avan Ethilum Ullaane

Yevarum Yendha Porulum Dheivamaanal
Kumbitta Kootam Podhum, Kuppai Konda Sorgam Saerum
Vaada Va Yenge Hariyai Nee Kaattada

Climax - The Avatar

Saying so Hiranyakasipu shattered the pillars.

Hari hari hari hari hari hari

The site that Hiranyakasipu saw made his legs push back without his knowledge. His hands trembelled, his eyes even though not willing to see, was fixed on what came out of the shattered pillars. Lion Head on a Human Body with claws sharp that could tear any solid matter, Narasimha came out of the debris with glowing eyes. He growled. Before Hiranyakasipu can do anything, Narasimha held him in his firm grip crunching his bones and sending message to his spinal. He dragged him to the threshold of the door and put him on his laps and inserted his claws deep inside him and ripped him off at twilight.

Prologue - End Credits

Prahalada weeped. Narasimha assured him that his dad will be fine. Its all in the process, as his Father was Vijaya, the gate keeper of Vaikumdam. He was cursed by the Kumara Brothers, and thus he had to be born as a Asura. Now that his curse is liberated, his father will always be with Vishnu.

But the anger in Narashimha did not come down. He went on a tearing spree. Entry - Lord Shiva as Sarabha.

To be continued ...

Iraniyan Nadagam - Andavar in Full Form

venkkiram
9th March 2015, 06:25 PM
High time Kamal steps into TV media and produces movie for them in India and manage the overseas screening in theaters. I don't think we going to watch VR 2 at all. It would be kept unseen forever in eldams road house.

ramdas2005
9th March 2015, 07:25 PM

Have a look at this

This is crazy, folks need to adapt, digital is here to stay...resisting change is not going to get these guys anywhere...

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 07:26 PM

Have a look at this

This is totally false news..Its not going to happen..

ramdas2005
9th March 2015, 07:27 PM

Does attitude here mean that Kamal does not give chance to others/allow others to grow. Never thought that a film debacle 14 years back (that slimy dhaanu...) would still play out against kamal.

radiochandra1977
9th March 2015, 07:28 PM
The news is TRUE. Whether it will happen or not is another thing altogether. But that doesnt means the news is false. Hope u r getting what I say .....

radiochandra1977
9th March 2015, 07:30 PM
Ramdas , I know from very close friends who know the Alavandaan scenario well that KH took Thaanu on a ride ...... he was very much responsible for misleading him and also stretching budget and also in shooting delays and shooting extravaganzas and luxuries.

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 07:38 PM
High time Kamal steps into TV media and produces movie for them in India and manage the overseas screening in theaters. I don't think we going to watch VR 2 at all. It would be kept unseen forever in eldams road house.

Boss KH has problem with producer council several times from 90s and he overcome that successfully..During FEFSI strike 1997 he had problems with almost every1 in cine industry including producers,directors including KB,BR , almost all actress,distributors but still he is successful with kadhala kadhala which he distributed himself and chachi 420 in hindi..

Now if the issue happens again he himself will go ahead and distribute in TN which he has done several times before..There are many who will support KH..

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 07:43 PM
Ramdas , I know from very close friends who know the Alavandaan scenario well that KH took Thaanu on a ride ...... he was very much responsible for misleading him and also stretching budget and also in shooting delays and shooting extravaganzas and luxuries.

I don't know all the inner details like you but as a fan I keep tracking the progression of Aalavanthaan like how we are doing for UV now by collecting the details in & out from magazines,newspaper,etc..Those were college days and blind veri iruntha neram..
from that I can say Aalvandhaan is biggest blunder he has done in his career..appavae 600 screenla release pannathu too too much..preview show'la aachi monoramma azhthathulaan rhomba too much

Chikatiloan
9th March 2015, 08:35 PM
The news is TRUE. Whether it will happen or not is another thing altogether. But that doesnt means the news is false. Hope u r getting what I say .....

Dr producer councill meeting'la evanaavathu olarirupaan,adha apdiyae newsla potaanga..its very difficult to implement this..theaters,distributors,daily wage vaanguravangalaan enna pannuvaan..if this happens then there will be big strike/problems in TFI..

Adox
9th March 2015, 08:47 PM
Even as of 2010, there was bad blood.
http://chennaionline.com/film/news/Aug09/85Thanu-checkmates-Kamal-Haasan.aspx

But when recently Mr. Tarantino got inspired by Kamal's AaLavandhan (2013), KPT proposed to do a part 2 with Kamal appreciating everything that went into the original film and that it was 10 years ahead of its time. Claims nobody realized it then but only now .. and he would like to resurrect his lost name!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news/Kamal-inspires-Quentin-Tarantino/articleshow/14987054.cms

He talks about it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4anVSUL04I

ramdas2005
9th March 2015, 11:23 PM
thanks for the info, i guess looking in hindsight, it would have very frustrating for the producer, no wonder he lashed out against KH.

Chikatiloan
10th March 2015, 07:18 PM
As I said earlier its almost confirmed UV is releasing on April-10..Its a very good date with 5-day period until April-14 with 4 holidays..
April-14 is bit risky,if movie is good commercial entertainer then it will be bumper 6 day period until the wee-end else the movie will b down from 3rd day and week-end also will b dry..

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Almost confirmed ...... anga thaan prachanaye.

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 07:21 PM
The tech savvy genius personally announced April 2 on that useless youtube channel. Now if there is a date change , why is he not announcing it ?

Chikatiloan
10th March 2015, 07:51 PM
The tech savvy genius personally announced April 2 on that useless youtube channel. Now if there is a date change , why is he not announcing it ?

"oru pakkam eros innoru pakkam eli mathiyil uttama villain"..

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 07:56 PM
Appo namma April 10 almost confirmed ellaam sollave mudiyaathu

vijeeshgovindhan
10th March 2015, 08:58 PM
Appo namma April 10 almost confirmed ellaam sollave mudiyaathu

eppa pathalum negative thinking la irukinga... why

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 09:03 PM
Mine is normal thinking only. I have followed the man from 1982 when I was 5. Every damn time..... this happens .... in the last 10 years or so. 3 lacs selavu panni europe poganum. Wife examkku. Tickets book panna kooda bayama irukku ..... 2 varusham wait pannathellaam waste aayidumonnu bayam. I do not want to miss first day here. Sari .... yen prachanai enakku. Neenga ellaam positive aa irunga. Naan thontharavu panna maatten inime.
P.S. ....... Do not rule out further delays and uncertainties.

pamrang
10th March 2015, 09:06 PM
First day show paakanum nu Europe trip decision postpone panneengalaa? Dr! you are really a very devoted fan!

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 09:10 PM
Pamrang ......Manmadhan Ambu, Mannaangatti sombu, peeke remake, punnakku remake, paruthi kotta remake ...... intha maathiri release na ......I would have gone on with my travel plan. But this is an epic movie in my guess. I have already asked my wife to travel from Hyderabad to London alone on 8th. I am joining her on 14th only. 10th April release illenna naan gaali.

pamrang
10th March 2015, 09:12 PM
I hope for your sake that it releases on April 10th......

radiochandra1977
10th March 2015, 09:13 PM
Nandri

avavh3
10th March 2015, 10:12 PM
super dr..hats off.

ramdas2005
10th March 2015, 11:53 PM
Now if the follqwing rules were implemented, big films will have a tough time collecting enough but how is this going to stop piracy....bid budget film planners will think twice now...the days of grand/mega/mass opening will just collapse...
Dhananjayan Govind @Dhananjayang ·
Tamil Film Producer Council brings in new rule that only on 10 important days high budget films can be released (budget > 15 crore) from now

Dhananjayan Govind @Dhananjayang ·
The 10 festival/important days from now: April 14, May 1, Aug 15, Sept 17, Oct 21, Nov 10 (Diwali), Dec 25. Going to be tough for big films

Dhananjayan Govind@Dhananjayang
As per new Tamil Film Producer council rule, big bud. films (> 15 cr) are going to compete with each other on these days & affect each other

irir123
11th March 2015, 12:54 AM
solution(s):

1. make movies on shoe string budget
2. dont show how much was spent on a movie
3. take salary through a third-party - benami!
4. fight this nonsense legally

nickraman
11th March 2015, 03:27 AM
solution(s):

Paavam Shankar saar. Avaru kitta ithu othukumataaru.

vijeeshgovindhan
11th March 2015, 08:50 AM
Mine is normal thinking only. I have followed the man from 1982 when I was 5. Every damn time..... this happens .... in the last 10 years or so. 3 lacs selavu panni europe poganum. Wife examkku. Tickets book panna kooda bayama irukku ..... 2 varusham wait pannathellaam waste aayidumonnu bayam. I do not want to miss first day here. Sari .... yen prachanai enakku. Neenga ellaam positive aa irunga. Naan thontharavu panna maatten inime.
P.S. ....... Do not rule out further delays and uncertainties.

No tension...ellam nallatha nadakkum...thontharavu illa...but unga post ellam pakkumbothu oru negative vibration create aguthu...

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 08:52 AM
solution(s):

Some decision I agree and some I don't agree..tell me one big budget movie that is very good..most of the big budget movies were not extra-ordinary but ok its entertaining..but more entertaining movies can be made with shoe string budget or normal budget..the excitement on big budget movies have died done a lot nowadays..ppl expect good movies and don't care abt budget..
nowadays normal budget movies for big actor itself will be 50C but half of the salary will goto actors..cut down actors salary by 30% and other areas by 30% so that movie overall budget wont exceed 35C...for 35C the producers will earn profit easily even if its compete with other big movies during festival days with TV rights,etc..

Nasc
11th March 2015, 01:04 PM
Iranyan Nadagam

Iraniyan Nadagam - Andavar in Full Form

:yes: ...sarabha ..story please

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 02:58 PM
:yes: ...sarabha ..story please

Read this to understand the iraniyan naadagam story -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiranyakashipu
read this for Vishnu avatars and lines used by Iraniyan(Hiranyakashipu) about Vishnu in that song "Meenai(fish) thaan endraaan,aamai(tortoise) thaan endraan ,vekkam kettu panriyum(pig) thaan thaan endravana kadavul.." -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu#Vedas
actually till that time Vishnu used only 3 avatars so iraniyan knows that only and next Vishnu used narasimha avatar(half-lion,half-man) to kill Iraniyan..

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 03:01 PM
Thaan endraan
Thaan endraan
Thaan dhaan endraan.

Intha genius mela anbum kovamum ithunaala thaan
Kalanthu varuthu.

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 03:10 PM
Thaan endraan
Thaan endraan
Thaan dhaan endraan.

Intha genius mela anbum kovamum ithunaala thaan
Kalanthu varuthu.

correct sir ..epdi ezhuthirukaar...enna pola normal tamizh patru ullavan kooda kamal fan'a irunthaana gapla theeviramma aayiduvaan..he is genius cum hater as u said..

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 03:14 PM
But ...... in one small line in the song, his way of rendering reminds us of kadavul paathi and also ethanai murai naan yengi chaaven .... ithagaiyaay ennai aatkolvaayaa ...... and thamizhachi paal kudichavan daa ......

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 03:15 PM
The most unique and my favourite of all his dialogue songs are both in vikram ........ Naan verri petravan ....... and kanne ottikkavaa ....... ........ pasi thaangumaa ilamai ini ... parimaaravaa ilamaangani.

What rendition ? Superb.

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 03:25 PM
The most unique and my favourite of all his dialogue songs are both in vikram ........ Naan verri petravan ....... and kanne ottikkavaa ....... ........ pasi thaangumaa ilamai ini ... parimaaravaa ilamaangani.

What rendition ? Superb.

I guess vikram songs not written by KH but his rendition is ultimate..my brother always play "vikram vikram" song when I was young..i used to ask him to play "en Jodi" song by that time..later I loved "vikram vikram" song a lot..
How abt "raja kaiya vacha song" from Aboorva sago..his rendition for the below lines is very good

"Kannipponna Naenachu Car'ra Thodanum, Kattinavan Veralthan Maela Padanum
Kandavanga edutha Kaettupyidum Akku Akka Azhagu Vittu Poyidum
Therinjavanthan Oatidannum
Thiramaiyellam Avan Kaatidanum "

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 03:26 PM
Ya. He didnt write Vikram songs. I was talking specifically about how he renders dialogue songs.

avavh3
11th March 2015, 06:40 PM
Ulaga Nayagan Kamal @UlagaNayaganFan · Mar 10
Superb still.. Kadhalaam Kadavul Mun.. #UttamaVillain #KamalHaasan @PoojaKumarNY
Pooja S Kumar
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_vAzPkU0AExqbA.jpg:large

avavh3
11th March 2015, 06:42 PM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50 · 3h 3 hours ago
#UttamaVillain - release on April 10. Re-Recording getting over,censor next week. @ThirrupathiBros & @Ramesh_aravind

Cinemarasigan
11th March 2015, 06:58 PM
Release date is confirmed for April 10th from Producers side and EROS started the negotiations as well...

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 06:59 PM
Your source if I may ask CR ?

Cinemarasigan
11th March 2015, 07:02 PM
Pamrang ......Manmadhan Ambu, Mannaangatti sombu, peeke remake, punnakku remake, paruthi kotta remake ...... intha maathiri release na ......I would have gone on with my travel plan. But this is an epic movie in my guess. I have already asked my wife to travel from Hyderabad to London alone on 8th. I am joining her on 14th only. 10th April release illenna naan gaali.

Changing the travel plans like this for a movie release.... Doctor :notworthy: :notworthy:

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 07:04 PM
Not worthy aa ? Note worthy aa ?

Cinemarasigan
11th March 2015, 07:06 PM
Your source if I may ask CR ?

Theater owner with close links to the distributors. All of them suggested to release on 10th because, before even knowing the result they will get booking for 5 to 6 days.

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 07:08 PM
I spoke to the CEO of Prasads Imax hyderabad today. He told it was april 10 but 99 percent getting postponed because of technical issues. He was categorical. I am trying to trace contacts to distributor Kalyan.

Cinemarasigan
Not worthy aa ? Note worthy aa ?

Take a BoW.. if you put bow with ::s also you will get similar icon..

radiochandra1977
Oho .... ok.

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 07:17 PM
Theater owner with close links to the distributors. All of them suggested to release on 10th because, before even knowing the result they will get booking for 5 to 6 days.

Exactly..

Cinemarasigan
11th March 2015, 07:20 PM
I spoke to the CEO of Prasads Imax hyderabad today. He told it was april 10 but 99 percent getting postponed because of technical issues. He was categorical. I am trying to trace contacts to distributor Kalyan.

There is a risk of releasing on April 14th, sometime they may get more collections due to 6 days opening, but the distributor group is willing to be safe with April 10th release..

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 07:37 PM
There is a risk of releasing on April 14th, sometime they may get more collections due to 6 days opening, but the distributor group is willing to be safe with April 10th release..

April-10 is perfect date for this movie which seems to be non-commercial movie..Tickets will be booked for 5 days in advance for sure..April-14 is too risky

pamrang
11th March 2015, 08:14 PM
April 10th release pannaal April 14th release collection also sernthu varaathaa? Because not many movies are going to be released on 14th as well, going by the new producers council rule (if that is true, of course). I am not great in collection economics or math but, to me it seems like 10th would be a better date....

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 08:17 PM
Why are we even talking about which is a better date ? April 10 is better. But the lack of confirmation creates doubt. Few hours back, thirrupathi bros tweet reads releasing this april ..... if 10th is fixed , can anyone explain why its not mentioned in the tweet ?

ramdas2005
11th March 2015, 09:22 PM
Why are we even talking about which is a better date ? April 10 is better. But the lack of confirmation creates doubt. Few hours back, thirrupathi bros tweet reads releasing this april ..... if 10th is fixed , can anyone explain why its not mentioned in the tweet ?

Exactly, in spite of having so many avenues to communicate, we still cannot get a clear date...not sure what the confusion is, if everything is ok go ahead and release it on April 10th.

pamrang
11th March 2015, 09:41 PM
But, so many others like Sridhar pillai have tweeted that its releasing on the 10th....why can't Thirupathi Bros do it then? Ennamo thevai illatha confusion....Padathai mudichu more than 6 months aana appuramum release date finalize agathathu konjam over. At least they can finalize something and announce during music release...

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 09:43 PM
Ramesh Aravind announce pannaru audio release la ..... padam April maasathula varumnnu. Frustration eppadi varaama pogum sollunga ?

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 09:51 PM
But, so many others like Sridhar pillai have tweeted that its releasing on the 10th....why can't Thirupathi Bros do it then? Ennamo thevai illatha confusion....Padathai mudichu more than 6 months aana appuramum release date finalize agathathu konjam over. At least they can finalize something and announce during music release...
April month release for sure..let us be happy for that and no more polambals..
Dr. April mattum confirmedanu question kaekaatheenga? apram namma blogger "pushpak" maadhri exile aayida poran..

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 09:53 PM
Yen nelama puriyala ungalukku. If its officially postponed to May also, I am happy. But i need a date. I am not able to do anything ...... pondaatti paakum pothellaam adi vayiru kalanguthu bayathula.

Chikatiloan
11th March 2015, 10:05 PM
Yen nelama puriyala ungalukku. If its officially postponed to May also, I am happy. But i need a date. I am not able to do anything ...... pondaatti paakum pothellaam adi vayiru kalanguthu bayathula.

ha ha..onnum panna mudiyaathu..

pamrang
11th March 2015, 10:32 PM
Dr, just a suggestion - why can't you go with her and watch FDFS in London? I am sure it will be released there as well.....

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 10:34 PM
Hyderabad la 35 tickets on imax prasads is booked by me. Friends from 3 or 4 different cities will join. 20 family members. Theater ulla enter aana udaney ....... Daaaacter kamalahaasan vaazhga ...... Viswaroopa nayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ulaganayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ippadi ghosham poduvom.

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 10:35 PM
Ithellaam London la pannaa ....... laadam katti ulla vechiruvaanga. Appuram vadivelu maathiri table mela eri naakamokka dance aadanum ammanamaa.

jrm25
11th March 2015, 10:58 PM
i am new to this hub. last two to three years i have been going through this hub and that too only nammavar page.last one week after reading all your post,Dr. you are great .

radiochandra1977
11th March 2015, 10:59 PM
Thank u

jrm25
11th March 2015, 11:03 PM
Hyderabad la 35 tickets on imax prasads is booked by me. Friends from 3 or 4 different cities will join. 20 family members. Theater ulla enter aana udaney ....... Daaaacter kamalahaasan vaazhga ...... Viswaroopa nayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ulaganayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ippadi ghosham poduvom. that too after reading this , i can not just simply watch this thread. i wanted to greet you. thalivar is lucky having great fan like you dr.

pamrang
12th March 2015, 12:01 AM
Dr, now, I understand why you have to stay - no more questions asked.....ithellaam nalla padiyaga nijamaaga, wish you all the best.....

radiochandra1977
12th March 2015, 12:01 AM
Nandri

irir123
12th March 2015, 05:12 AM
Ithellaam London la pannaa ....... laadam katti ulla vechiruvaanga. Appuram vadivelu maathiri table mela eri naakamokka dance aadanum ammanamaa.

Londonla இதுக்கெல்லாமா arrest பண்ணுவாங்க ? அந்த ஊரெல்லாம் இன்னும் நாகரீகத்துல பின்தங்கியே இருக்கறதுக்கு இதெல்லாம் தான் காரணம்

Chikatiloan
12th March 2015, 08:29 AM
Expecting more from art mouse bhanu..the more the pre-release problem for KH the more the movie succeeds..i am not sure whether VV or Vishwaroopam would have been BB hit if released normally as it does not have normal commercial ingredients for our tamil fans..offcourse in both films 1st fight is mass scene ever..

http://www.tamilcinemaboxoffice.com/home/dhanu-against-uttama-villain-news/

avavh3
12th March 2015, 10:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_yyxQuVAAAlUZb.jpg:large

radiochandra1977
12th March 2015, 10:12 AM
Dei chinna paiyaa , release date a sollu daa. Paduthaatha daa dei.

Cinemarasigan
12th March 2015, 12:22 PM
April month release for sure..let us be happy for that and no more polambals..
Dr. April mattum confirmedanu question kaekaatheenga? apram namma blogger "pushpak" maadhri exile aayida poran..

Nowadays there are lot of stake holders to finalize the Release date of any film with high budget. No producer wants to take the risk after Linga fiasco... It is going to be difficult for companies like to EROS to do business in south going forward. Unfortunately Tirupati brothers sold the movie to EROS.. Let us see what happens.

avavh3
12th March 2015, 01:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_37ZdJUYAEFwTE.jpg:large

mosque seen on the background which cant be a co-incidence. trailer shows kh in muslim getup (மீசை இல்லாமல் கண்மை மற்றும் தாடியுடன்) is he banished to death after converting to islam in 8th cen portion?

radiochandra1977
12th March 2015, 01:27 PM
Romba yosikkatheenga. Single kisskey love ah song is shot in Turkey and what u are seeing is the famous landmark structure and lake shore of Istanbul city.

Chikatiloan
12th March 2015, 01:48 PM
Romba yosikkatheenga. Single kisskey love ah song is shot in Turkey and what u are seeing is the famous landmark structure and lake shore of Istanbul city.
:) :):smokesmile:

Cinemarasigan
12th March 2015, 02:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_37ZdJUYAEFwTE.jpg:large

mosque seen on the background which cant be a co-incidence. trailer shows kh in muslim getup (மீசை இல்லாமல் கண்மை மற்றும் தாடியுடன்) is he banished to death after converting to islam in 8th cen portion?

One more thing we can see from this ad that Abirami ramanathan has bought the chennai city rights... we can hope for a big release in Chennai city.. But date is not there in the ad :cry:

Chikatiloan
12th March 2015, 03:00 PM
One more thing we can see from this ad that Abirami ramanathan has bought the chennai city rights... we can hope for a big release in Chennai city.. But date is not there in the ad :cry:

Good catch CR..if abirami is releasing then they will settle the problem if so amicably with art mouse..

Russellbba
12th March 2015, 05:46 PM
Hyderabad la 35 tickets on imax prasads is booked by me. Friends from 3 or 4 different cities will join. 20 family members. Theater ulla enter aana udaney ....... Daaaacter kamalahaasan vaazhga ...... Viswaroopa nayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ulaganayagan kamalahaasan vaazhga ....... ippadi ghosham poduvom.

Dr.Sir,
Hyderabad FDFS pathutu.. London-la marubadiyum paaka plan irundha sollunga.. neenga sonna ella ghoshangalum London-layum podalam.. We have a group here :)
Aandavar dharisanathoda.. unga dharisanamum kidaikatum engalukku.. :)

radiochandra1977
12th March 2015, 05:50 PM
Done ..... ah .... gun ...... in goundar style

Chikatiloan
12th March 2015, 09:34 PM
Paatha maadhri adichi vudungada..kaasa panama..yaar venumnaalum twitter account panni enna venumnaalum podalaam..

Kiaara Sandhu ‏@KiaaraSandhu · 2h2 hours ago
First Copy of #UttamaVillain is out & it got Blockbuster Response from Distributors. Superstar #KamalHaasan is coming

pamrang
12th March 2015, 10:00 PM
Yaar intha Kiaara Sandhu?

radiochandra1977
12th March 2015, 10:07 PM
1983 world cup finals la Gordon Greenidge a clean bowled pannaru illaya ....... avaroda ponna irukkumo ?

nickraman
13th March 2015, 03:26 AM
Intha Kiaara oru periya jalra. Ellam actors ku padatha ku munnadi ippadi appadi tweet poduvan. Waste fellow. Rejjected.

kumarsr
13th March 2015, 04:55 AM
1983 world cup finals la Gordon Greenidge a clean bowled pannaru illaya ....... avaroda ponna irukkumo ?

Avar oru kolakaarar'nnu oru seidhi...Let's hope he does not come after you. Especially, before you leave for UK. Appuram kosham ellam yaar podrathu?

kumarsr
13th March 2015, 04:57 AM
I am getting the feeling that this movie may surprise many and become a big hit commercially. Let us wait and see.

avavh3
13th March 2015, 07:35 AM
balvinder sandhu :-D dr.. way to go

Arvind Srinivasan
13th March 2015, 07:57 AM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/28574/cinema/Kollywood/Red-card-for-Uthamavillain---Distributors-not-accept.htm?device=tw

Wow...Mr.Thanu seems to be so desperate to create some problem or the other...So cringe worthy...

nickraman
13th March 2015, 08:29 AM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/28574/cinema/Kollywood/Red-card-for-Uthamavillain---Distributors-not-accept.htm?device=tw

Wow...Mr.Thanu seems to be so desperate to create some problem or the other...So cringe worthy...

oru varalaaru

2000 - Hey Ram - Controversy on movie being Anti-Gandhi, post release it was banned in some states; washout
2002 - Aalavanthan/Abhay -(post release) Thaanu oda therinja kathai. Please see Dr's posts.
2004 - Virumandi - Sandiyar name controversy; hit movie
2004 - Vasool Raja - again name controversy; super-hit movie
2004 - Mumbai Xpress - name controversy/Rakhi Sawant-Moon Moon Sen lewd appearance (climax song) gave jerk to zensaar baard; average/below avg (heard it's hit because it got return of investment, other hubbers close to KH can add inputs.)
2006 - Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - Khalid mohammed producer suicide, delayed production. Movie is BB.
2008 - 10Avataram - Story theft controversy/Oscar to Aascar notice; movie is all time BB.
2009 - Marmayogi - Pyramid Samira shuts down production due to loss (following Kuselan failure); Shelved for good?!. Thailand crew (including famous Jaika stunts [they did China portions for 7am Arivu]) shifted to Vishwaroopam.
2009 - UPO - Samira files case for unsettled dues of MY, threatened to stall release; (I think this was profitable remake, again clarification needed.)
2010 - MMA - Kamal Kavithai song sequence giving jerk to HMK; song removed; below avg I think
2013 - Vishwaroopam - Muslim group/JJ prachanai then ban, delayed release; BB result.

Ippo 2015 - UV - Producer council (under Dhanu rule) give rule - Big budget movies on approved 10 festival holidays. Release is April 2 or 10th but April engeyo...????

Kamal and K(c)ontroversy meendum...:(

Arvind Srinivasan
13th March 2015, 09:11 AM
^ True...The reasons for the controversies in almost all the instances have been frivolous and ludicrous. But the current thing ( if true ) is taking "hitting below the belt" to an all new level.

avavh3
13th March 2015, 10:22 AM
A leading player comes on board for Uttama Villain
Mar 12, 2015
Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain is gearing up for an April 10th release. The film is produced by Lingusamy’s Thirrupathi Brothers and distributed by Eros International worldwide.

The latest information on the business front of UV is that Abirami Mega Mall has acquired the Chennai city distribution rights.

Abirami Mega Mall is known for releasing many biggies in the city, like Sivaji and the recent Anjaan. The company has impressive credentials of distributing more than ninety films so far starting with Rajathi Raja starring Superstar Rajni, Suriya’s Ayan, Vikram’s Kanthasamy, Kamal’s Unnaipol Oruvan to name some.

With powerful players on board, the business of Uttama Villain is climbing up big time.

"koi shak" ?!

avavh3
13th March 2015, 11:28 AM
CELLULOID Japan @celluloidjapan · Mar 11
@Bollywood4Osaka We r releasing Kamal Hassan's blockbuster UTTAMA VILLAIN in Osaka on 12th April @Aeon Cinema ibaraki

யப்பா முடியல .. இப்பவே கண்ண கட்டுதே

radiochandra1977
13th March 2015, 11:48 AM
Yenunga kamalahaasarey ...... unga olakkanayakkan toobe la vanthu release thethi sonnaa ..... unga latchiyathukku yethaavathu kedu vanthurungalaa ?

Chikatiloan
13th March 2015, 12:02 PM
Yenunga kamalahaasarey ...... unga olakkanayakkan toobe la vanthu release thethi sonnaa ..... unga latchiyathukku yethaavathu kedu vanthurungalaa ?

Yes avar latchiyathukku izhukku thaan..idhukku munnaadi eros/mottai-laddu bros kitta confirm panni thaan Mauritius'la irunthu sonnaar..ippa enna aachi..
Thirumba KH eros/motta-laddu bros kitta kaeta april-10'nu solluvaanga but maathiduvaanga..edhukku vambu..
Until now eros/motta-laddu bros haven't confirmed the release date in april

kumarsr
13th March 2015, 05:40 PM

What we can infer from the silence is that the date is not yet fully settled although it is likely to be April 10th. If it is final, then everyone (Thirupati, Eros, KH) will announce. In any case, we have just seen that KH announcing the date does not mean it is final. But from their perspective a week's delay is not much. This happens all the time.

irir123
13th March 2015, 10:54 PM
I dont recall any of Kamal's films in Telugu/Kannada having faced these release problems - தமிழ் சினிமா உலகத்துக்கும் கமலுக்கும் ஒரு loves மேட்டர்!

radiochandra1977
13th March 2015, 11:18 PM
Yenga ...... avaru kannadathula orey oru comedy film thaan nadichaaru. Athuvum remake. Sathi leelavathi also didnt have any problem in tamil release . Telugu padam eduthu 2 decades mela aaguthu .... 80s 90s la entha kamal padathukku prachana vanthuthu ? Late 90s 2000s la thaaney start aachu ? Hey ram hindi , mumbai express hindi .... both had problems. Ladies Only hindi film is probably the only film in kamal career which was completed and ready for release but never saw day light.

irir123
13th March 2015, 11:53 PM
so from 2000, கமலுக்கு ஜாதகம் சரி இல்ல -
I am escaaaaape!

Avadi to America
14th March 2015, 12:29 AM
Yenga ...... avaru kannadathula orey oru comedy film thaan nadichaaru. Athuvum remake. Sathi leelavathi also didnt have any problem in tamil release . Telugu padam eduthu 2 decades mela aaguthu .... 80s 90s la entha kamal padathukku prachana vanthuthu ? Late 90s 2000s la thaaney start aachu ? Hey ram hindi , mumbai express hindi .... both had problems. Ladies Only hindi film is probably the only film in kamal career which was completed and ready for release but never saw day light.

Interesting.... I never heard of it... it was produced and did not release it yet....Any specific reason??

Chikatiloan
14th March 2015, 01:59 AM
so from 2000, கமலுக்கு ஜாதகம் சரி இல்ல -
I am escaaaaape!

jaadhagam ivarukku sariyillaiya or mathavangalukka..At the end of the day fansku thaan jaadhagam sariyillai..

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE% E0%AE%95-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%B0%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/article6990640.ece

nickraman
14th March 2015, 04:00 AM
"koi shak" ?!

Shak laam onnu kadayathu. KH padangal oda release date 'lock' innum pannala athan prachanai.

Cinemarasigan
14th March 2015, 11:41 AM
jaadhagam ivarukku sariyillaiya or mathavangalukka..At the end of the day fansku thaan jaadhagam sariyillai..

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE% E0%AE%95-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%B0%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/article6990640.ece

This raamanaathan has taken the chennai City release rights, let him get the profit and pay the Penalty... Similarly Pannichelvam also can buy some area ...

Cinemarasigan
14th March 2015, 11:43 AM
Shak laam onnu kadayathu. KH padangal oda release date 'lock' innum pannala athan prachanai.

The movie release date in India is on 10th, It will be screened in Japan on 12th... where is the problem :confused2: