PDA

View Full Version : UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

dell_gt
16th January 2014, 04:53 PM
UlagaNayagan Kamal Haasan is getting ready for Uthama Villain, to be directed by Ramesh Aravind.
The trilingual — in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, will be produced by Thirrupathi Brothers

MSN ‏@madhu_vfx
Uthamavillian with Kamal sir is confirmed! Awesome script! ... Thank you sir for the opportunity yet again!
https://twitter.com/madhu_vfx/status/420838051611295744

#UthamaVillan = Hero & Story - Our #KamalHaasan..Director -#RameshAravind..Dialogues - #CrazyMohan..Producer - #LinguSamy !

#KBalaChander Sir Going To Acting With Our #KamalHaasan's Next Movie #UthamaVillan !

Anban
16th January 2014, 04:55 PM
Thread for the new movie .. will update details later ..

Cinemarasigan
16th January 2014, 05:10 PM
K Balachander sir will have a look with Beard, Beard has grown reasonably - during Jaya TV Kamal show telecasted on Pongal Day.

Cinemarasigan
16th January 2014, 05:11 PM
Ghibran will be the MD..

rsubras
16th January 2014, 05:16 PM
santhanam, rajesh lam rumor ah

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th January 2014, 05:24 PM
:clap:

Dinesh84
16th January 2014, 05:26 PM
MumbaiXpress/MMA maadhiri illama MMKR maadhiri oru padam kudukkanumnu annaarai praaththippoom :)

dell_gt
16th January 2014, 05:27 PM
santhanam, rajesh lam rumor ah

yea..

Anban
16th January 2014, 05:30 PM
yes ... whenever he tries a "feel good" movie in recent times (athu thaan .. MMA and MX) , it has sothappified.. but this time .. i am confident.. bcos lingu has chosen one of the 3 screenplays given to him by Kamal.. so, basically Lingu has decided on the story of the movie .. being a fan himself and also as a producer, he must have chosen the right one .. i hope it is an ambitious project ..

dell_gt
16th January 2014, 05:34 PM
yes ... whenever he tries a "feel good" movie in recent times (athu thaan .. MMA and MX) , it has sothappified.. but this time .. i am confident.. bcos lingu has chosen one of the 3 screenplays given to him by Kamal.. so, basically Lingu has decided on the story of the movie .. being a fan himself and also as a producer, he must have chosen the right one .. i hope it is an ambitious project ..

great.. hope for the best

Cinemarasigan
16th January 2014, 05:58 PM

Hope they don't budget it very big and struggle later. I expect this movie to be done like Thenali or MMKR...

kumarsr
16th January 2014, 06:56 PM
so many "Hope"s

kumarsr
16th January 2014, 06:57 PM
Hope this movie is different and yet entertaining :)

omeuforivo
16th January 2014, 07:40 PM
Legendary KB is going to be a part of Kamal's upcoming project UthamaVillian?
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/1545977_1456067784605192_488046510_n_zpsb5c42b11.j pg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/1545977_1456067784605192_488046510_n_zpsb5c42b11.j pg.html)

Adox
16th January 2014, 08:25 PM
Just wondering - Is this going to be a remake of Akshay/Anupam's special chabbis 26 ? I've seen it and although not top of the world, it is quite entertaining. His previous remake of unnai-pol-uruvan (A Wednesday) and this one are both by Neeraj Pandey.

Anban
16th January 2014, 08:28 PM
no chance

hattori_hanzo
16th January 2014, 08:40 PM
Anban, cant wait. seekkaram details pls. Ramesh Aravind or Lingu? Is the title confirmed? :roll:

Anban
16th January 2014, 08:41 PM
Hope they don't budget it very big and struggle later. I expect this movie to be done like Thenali or MMKR...http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19npgo_kamal-interview-4_shortfilms#from=embediframe

listen to KB's question at the end.. he asks " Kamal, you only can make a movie, without a big budget, showcasing your skill in a great way, mind boggling, realistic and also "janaranjagam" at the same time.. Will you do it now ?" .. Ramesh Arvind immediately intervened that Uthama Villain is one such movie ..

hattori_hanzo
16th January 2014, 08:44 PM
wow, great news.

Adox
16th January 2014, 08:46 PM
One more thread going .. Please consolidate.

Anban
16th January 2014, 09:02 PM
yes dell_gt started a thread two mins before me .. join these two ..

Adox
16th January 2014, 09:05 PM
Very curious about story line and the cast ... Any details ?

With a title like Uttama Villain, it appears like a robin hood kind of in a lighter vein with ample comedy ?

Cinemarasigan
17th January 2014, 10:07 AM
With a title like Uttama Villain, it appears like a robin hood kind of in a lighter vein with ample comedy ?

same feeling here.. Heard that the look will be very different.

leosimha
17th January 2014, 10:12 AM
yes dell_gt started a thread two mins before me .. join these two ..

no joining.... your thread must be locked :evil: :lol2:

Cinemarasigan
17th January 2014, 10:13 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19npgo_kamal-interview-4_shortfilms#from=embediframe

listen to KB's question at the end.. he asks " Kamal, you only can make a movie, without a big budget, showcasing your skill in a great way, mind boggling, realistic and also "janaranjagam" at the same time.. Will you do it now ?" .. Ramesh Arvind immediately intervened that Uthama Villain is one such movie ..

thx Anban for the link.. I also watched this program, somehow missed to catch this moment... superb..

One more thing, while answering a question from KSR, KH tells that, it will be a 2014 release as well!!

paranitharan
17th January 2014, 10:25 AM
Has Arvind directed any movies before? Not sure what to expect out of this combo. When KSR is said to be the director, it gives more confidence because we know who will be in charge.

Anban
17th January 2014, 11:54 AM
Has Arvind directed any movies before? Not sure what to expect out of this combo. When KSR is said to be the director, it gives more confidence because we know who will be in charge.
yes some successful movies in Kannada ..

selvakumar
17th January 2014, 12:00 PM
Ramesh aravind? Quite relieved that crazy mohan is part of it

VinodKumar's
17th January 2014, 12:02 PM
Will be happy if it is in the line of PKS/Pancha Thanthiram :).

Cinefan
17th January 2014, 12:03 PM

The kannada version of satileelavathi which was very good and a couple of other films.he is a director in control of the medium.I expect the collaboration to deliver.

Anban,
Any news on VR2 release?

Anban
17th January 2014, 12:04 PM
no joining.... your thread must be locked :evil: :lol2: seri lock pannidunga .. :P

Anban
17th January 2014, 12:04 PM
The kannada version of satileelavathi which was very good and a couple of other films.he is a director in control of the medium.I expect the collaboration to deliver.

Anban,
Any news on VR2 release? VR 2 releasing in April or May .. my guess is that the movie will release immediately after the elections ..

Cinefan
17th January 2014, 12:07 PM
VR 2 releasing in April or May .. my guess is that the movie will release immediately after the elections ..

Exactly what I wanted :-)

Russellpei
17th January 2014, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbM4IEKedE#t=36
Kamal and Balachandar act together in Uthama villan

leosimha
17th January 2014, 03:34 PM
seri lock pannidunga .. :P

vote for me to become a moderator. ;)

by the by Uththama Villain, the titling is not at all good. :(

leosimha
17th January 2014, 03:36 PM
Will be happy if it is in the line of PKS/Pancha Thanthiram :).

PKS :oops: boring movie but Punchathanthiram was good and a lot better.

leosimha
17th January 2014, 03:37 PM
Ramesh aravind? Quite relieved that crazy mohan is part of it

Crazy Mohan has lost his touch. there is no more sense of humour in his dialogues and not wittier any more. :(

rsubras
17th January 2014, 04:00 PM
PKS :oops: boring movie but Punchathanthiram was good and a lot better.

may be your view...........but I had always liked when kamal plays a naïve / innocent character as in PKS than a smart and genius ... esp in comic films... PKS la music um nalla irukkum (Deva scored for both movies) and also the BGM.... in PKS, characters are more natural / relaxed than in PT where they try a bit hard (the characters and I am not mentioning the acting... :))

Anban
17th January 2014, 04:09 PM
surely, this is not a comedy movie .. but i think Crazy is there as he is close to Kamal .. he wrote the dialogues for naan-ee and other non comic films too .. we cant under estimate him ..

omeuforivo
17th January 2014, 05:40 PM
Kamal Haasan Ropes in Balachander for 'Uthama Villain'

Chennai: Legendary filmmaker K. Balachander will essay an important role in Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil comedy "Uthama Villain", which will go on floors soon after the release of "Vishwaroopam 2".

Kamal Haasan, K Balachander

Balachander, known for shaping Kamal's career, worked with the actor in over 30 films since 1973 Tamil drama "Arangetram".

"It's true that Balachander will be playing an important role. He will be sporting a beard for it. On Kamal's personal request, he agreed to be part of the project. It will be a role very close to his real life personality," a source from the film's unit told IANS.

In 2010, Balachander had starred in Tamil romantic drama "Rettaisuzhi".

"Uthama Villain", written by Kamal, will be directed by his best friend Ramesh Arvind, also a student of Balachander. The film will follow the story of an ageing superstar, which will be played by Kamal.

"The film will only go on floors after the release of 'Vishwaroopam 2'. Kamal has also roped in his favourite dialogue writer 'Crazy' Mohan for the film," the source added.

In the past, Mohan penned dialogues for several comedies starring Kamal such as "Michael Madana Kama Rajan", "Apoorva Sagodharargal", "Avvai Shanmugi" and "Panchathantiram".
(http://www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/kamal-haasan-ropes-in-balachander-for-uthama-villain-123379.html)

Arvind Srinivasan
17th January 2014, 08:09 PM
Arrived at the party a tad late I guess. Thanks for the thread and all the updates guys . The addition of KB into the mix does spark some interest. And when was the last time Kamal did something that was high in quality but low in terms of the money invested? Hope Uthamma Villain is one such venture.

nickraman
18th January 2014, 12:47 AM
Arrived at the party a tad late I guess. Thanks for the thread and all the updates guys . The addition of KB into the mix does spark some interest. And when was the last time Kamal did something that was high in quality but low in terms of the money invested? Hope Uthamma Villain is one such venture.

MX was made in a crore or less I guess (from what I've heard). Also really happy to see Crazy-Kamal combo after more than a decade.

Adox
21st January 2014, 11:51 PM
Trying to rekindle this ... Of the low budget movies, which ones were box office successes and which weren't ?

Among the less-efforted ones, I know MX was not and so was MMA. Not sure if MMA was low budget though. What about Unakkul-Oruvan ? Mostly with just a laptop in an unfinished terrace and was a bo success. There was Vasool Raja MBBS as well. Can anybody provide some more information about these ventures ?

leosimha
21st January 2014, 11:53 PM
I guess MX was break-even.

hattori_hanzo
22nd January 2014, 09:25 AM
Trying to rekindle this ... Of the low budget movies, which ones were box office successes and which weren't ?

Among the less-efforted ones, I know MX was not and so was MMA. Not sure if MMA was low budget though. What about Unakkul-Oruvan ? Mostly with just a laptop in an unfinished terrace and was a bo success. There was Vasool Raja MBBS as well. Can anybody provide some more information about these ventures ?

Unnaipol Oruvan (not Unakkul Oruvan ;)), ROI-wise was a big hit. The budget was just 12 cr and it made >=40 cr in Tamil & Telugu, which is more than 3 times the investment.
MX must have been profitable for RKFI but the distributors suffered losses. Kamal Haasan compensated them.
MMA was not a low budget movie. So no comments.
Singaravelan was a medium budget flick which did very well commercially, much better in B&C than in A centers (rare for a Kamal film).
Both Magalir Mattum and Sathi Leelavathy were made in shoe-string budget but turned out to be major money-spinners.
Gautam Menon in an interview said that he had some budget constraints while shooting Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu and that not much was spent on making it. He said something like "KH's salary formed a major chunk of the budget". It became a blockbuster.

Vasool Raja (Super Hit), Thenali (Blockbuster), 5thanthiram (Below Average), PKS (Hit) - all these movies had a decent star cast & some songs shot abroad. Cant be considered as low budget ventures.

leosimha
22nd January 2014, 10:47 AM
Thenali Blockbuster :shock:

Russellyhd
22nd January 2014, 10:50 AM
i think 5thanthiram s nt below avg... above avg.. :)

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2014, 11:31 AM
i think 5thanthiram s nt below avg... above avg.. :)

yes, it was commercially successful as well.

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2014, 11:32 AM

Why shock?

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2014, 11:35 AM
Gautam Menon in an interview said that he had some budget constraints while shooting Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu and that not much was spent on making it. He said something like "KH's salary formed a major chunk of the budget". It became a blockbuster.

There were problems in terms of finance for VV, but it was not a low budget movie. Good amount of money was spent for shooting in US and it was very much visible as well. The initial producer Khaja taken lot of money on loan and that also was a big problem, some how 7th channel Manickam Narayanan took over and cleared the debts. In the end it was a very profitable venture.

hattori_hanzo
22nd January 2014, 12:52 PM
There were problems in terms of finance for VV, but it was not a low budget movie. Good amount of money was spent for shooting in US and it was very much visible as well. The initial producer Khaja taken lot of money on loan and that also was a big problem, some how 7th channel Manickam Narayanan took over and cleared the debts. In the end it was a very profitable venture.

Yeah but in this interview he specifically said the budget given to him by the new producer was limited (slightly more than Kaaka Kaaka) and he managed to complete the movie with it. I don't remember where I read it.

Adhullenna sandhegam? Silver-Jubilee in TN and 75+ days in Kerala.

i think 5thanthiram s nt below avg... above avg..

It did moderate business in Chennai, but not in other centers. Kamal range-ku Below average dhaan.

hattori_hanzo
22nd January 2014, 01:46 PM
K.Vishwanath made three movies with Kamal, low in budget & high in quality. The first two were very successful in Telugu and Tamil. Subha Sankalpam, the third was a big hit in Andhra. The Tamil version, Paasa Valai, though was not as successful as the other two, ran for more than 50 days in AVM Rajeshwari, Devi Paradise. Normally, Telugu dubbed movies (except some rare cases like Vyjayanthi IPS, Idhu Dhaan Da Police, Naan E, Maaveeran) do not run more than a week in TN. And there's absolutely nothing TN audience can connect to, in Paasa Valai, which is a movie about Andhra fishermen. Still it managed to do well, for Kamal.

dell_gt
22nd January 2014, 01:59 PM
K.Vishwanath made three movies with Kamal, low in budget & high in quality. The first two were very successful in Telugu and Tamil. Subha Sankalpam, the third was a big hit in Andhra. The Tamil version, Paasa Valai, though was not as successful as the other two, ran for more than 50 days in AVM Rajeshwari, Devi Paradise. Normally, Telugu dubbed movies (except some rare cases like Vyjayanthi IPS, Idhu Dhaan Da Police, Naan E, Maaveeran) do not run more than a week in TN. And there's absolutely nothing TN audience can connect to, in Paasa Valai, which is a movie about Andhra fishermen. Still it managed to do well, for Kamal.

yea PasaValai got released in Malaysia as well.. after Indian i guess..

hattori_hanzo
22nd January 2014, 02:01 PM
Watched some scenes from Rama Shama Bhama (Kannada remake of Sathi Leelavathy). Ramesh Aravind, to my surprise, seems to be Kannada cinema's P.Vasu/S.P. Muthuraman ;) The movie is a diluted(with added masala) version of Balu Mahendra's Sathi Leelavathy. Subtle comic scenes are stretched and made to reach the front bench mahajanangal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMp5xpjpIMM

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2014, 04:38 PM
Watched some scenes from Rama Shama Bhama (Kannada remake of Sathi Leelavathy). Ramesh Aravind, to my surprise, seems to be Kannada cinema's P.Vasu/S.P. Muthuraman ;) The movie is a diluted(with added masala) version of Balu Mahendra's Sathi Leelavathy. Subtle comic scenes are stretched and made to reach the front bench mahajanangal.

In General Kannada movies are mostly of like this only.. Moreover it is not correct to compare Ramesh Aravind with Balu Mahendra.. :)

Anban
22nd January 2014, 07:31 PM
I guess MX was break-even.
it was a dead low budget movie .. break even is obvious for Kamal ..

but the fact is, it is an utter flop :(

Adox
22nd January 2014, 11:00 PM
Any movies involving foreign shooting, budget should be quite high. SO that rules out VV, MMA, Dasa etc.

Sorry, typo meant Unnai-pol-oruvan :) Probably the best in recent times.

- AnbeSivam - medium budget, critically acclaimed but BO flop.
- Guna - med budget, critically acclaimed but flop.
- Unnal-mudiyum-thambi - med budget, average, not a big winner but good songs and message.
- Kalaigyan - sumaar movie and BO flop.

dell_gt
23rd January 2014, 08:25 AM
"- Kalaigyan - sumaar movie and BO flop. "

one of my fav :)

- nice Thriller
- nice song
- kamal as dancer, superb

i think -tive was, gals over exposure

hattori_hanzo
23rd January 2014, 08:55 AM
In General Kannada movies are mostly of like this only.. Moreover it is not correct to compare Ramesh Aravind with Balu Mahendra.. :)

Yeah but initially I thought RA would have retained the class in RSB. However, I still found those scenes funny. Many of the additional comedy lines and chaplinesque gimmicks must have been included by KH himself. And KH-Urvashi chemistry :thumbsup:

Russellyhd
23rd January 2014, 08:57 AM
Unnal-mudiyum-thambi s avg grosser :oops:

I thought it s BB :|

Adox
23rd January 2014, 08:58 PM

- nice Thriller
- nice song

Unlike his other 'green' movies like Satya, Mahanadhi etc. , I remember very little of kalaigyan other than the song 'endhan nenjil neengadha thenral needhana'. Maybe time to take another look at it!

One more to that list will be Paer-sollum-pillai with KR.Vijaya .. Dont remember that one at all.

Adox
23rd January 2014, 09:11 PM
Unnal-mudiyum-thambi s avg grosser :oops:

I thought it s BB :|

Nope. Unfortunately his 'karruthu' movies like this, anbesivam etc. don't seem do good in BO. But anybody who've seen them will say they're good movies! This movie carried a neat message and the title and other songs in the movie say it all.

Arvind Srinivasan
24th January 2014, 01:10 AM
MX was made in a crore or less I guess (from what I've heard). Also really happy to see Crazy-Kamal combo after more than a decade.

But MX hardly set the box office on fire did it. I for one liked the movie, but found it a little confounding to see the general audience rejecting it outright. So I guess Kamal would not want to have a repeat of that. And I don't see this being done in such a shoe string budget. At the end of the day it depends on as to how much of artistic expression you're ready to forsake for profit. Afterall cinema in one angle is just another business venture. Actually Kamal's quote in the Jaya TV Pattimandram on him wanting to make bengali (Ray) art films commercially viable comes to my mind.

venkkiram
24th January 2014, 03:06 AM
it was a dead low budget movie .. break even is obvious for Kamal ..

but the fact is, it is an utter flop :(

When we say "dead low", does it include Kamal's salary too? I guess Kamal's salary is anywhere between 20 to 30 Cs.

pushpak
24th January 2014, 05:27 AM

- nice Thriller
- nice song

It was a remake of (or inspired from) some stupid Hindi movie !
Kamal looked stylish.. Nothing else :)
One of the best opening day crowd I ever witnessed with police doing lathi charge etc !

dell_gt
30th January 2014, 08:16 AM
http://182.18.151.62/epaper/DC/CHN/510X798/2014-01-30/b_images/tabp18_2.jpg

rsubras
30th January 2014, 01:17 PM

- nice Thriller
- nice song

another -ve the clichéd climax...helicopter fight etc., but the scene just before this climax..where kamal alaikalaichufies (couldn't get the English equivalent at this moment, sorry!!) the real murderer, the way he talks in kannada and finally the build up before he reveals his name...... whistle blowing performance :)

Anban
30th January 2014, 02:22 PM
When we say "dead low", does it include Kamal's salary too? I guess Kamal's salary is anywhere between 20 to 30 Cs. he was the producer .. if some other guy produced it , it would have been a big loss .. at that time, i dont think anybody's salary was above 10 C ..

Cinemarasigan
30th January 2014, 02:30 PM
http://182.18.151.62/epaper/DC/CHN/510X798/2014-01-30/b_images/tabp18_2.jpg

Kamal educates me on various topics and helped me understand the nuances of Film Making

clearly any one can understand the real director is going to be Kamal.. Then why Kamal need Ramesh Arvind :confused2:

Cinefan
31st January 2014, 06:05 PM
I will write off Kamal ghost directing with Ramesh Arvind around.

Collaboration - Yes, RA being a dummy - A big NO

Avadi to America
31st January 2014, 10:07 PM
It was a remake of (or inspired from) some stupid Hindi movie !
Kamal looked stylish.. Nothing else :)
One of the best opening day crowd I ever witnessed with police doing lathi charge etc !

pattu ellam attagasama irruku.... kamal's hair style in the movie was pretty good.

hattori_hanzo
1st February 2014, 03:17 AM
pattu ellam attagasama irruku.... kamal's hair style in the movie was pretty good.

Enthan Nenjil and Dillu Baru Jaane were instant hits.

But the stage songs were weak in both music and picturization. Kamal had given a big break to stage singer roles and a lot was expected from this movie. But Jadakku mudakkaana sarakku was just mediocre, with inane lyrics like "deengu danga". Another stage song, "Kalaignan Kattu Kaaval" had some unrelated and unnecessary flashback scenes - probably introduced to confuse viewers. It backfired.

Other possible reasons for its failure.

- Other than Kamal, Sivaranjani and Nasser, the cast members were all new.
- Villain not strong enough (he was a Kannada hero) & his motif wasnt too convincing.
- little or no comedy (that Kannada inspector was annoying)
- Nasser, as usual, wasted.
- Was released few days +/- Roja

Positives

+ Kamal's look, style and costumes were aasam.
+ BGM, especially the water drop, rocked!
+ The two songs mentioned above
+ The Knife fight with Sivaranjani's boy friend was Marana Mass!
+ Suspense was maintained till the very end

HonestRaj
1st February 2014, 08:41 PM
- Was released few days +/- Roja

i remember it was running along with Sarathkumar's VEDAN
appo ellam sarathkumar periya hero'nu nambittu irundhen...

biggest -ve is, we get a feel like watching a dubbing film

Cinefan
3rd February 2014, 12:12 PM
Kalaignan was released in 1993 much after Roja (August 92) and Thevar Magan (Deepavali 1992).

Release date was the same as Roop Ki Rani Chooron ka Raja(which ended up as a disaster).

I liked the movie when I watched it,saw it 3 times in the theatre I guess, but the film has not aged well.Some of the action scenes looked amateurish(line of Ambassodar cars allowing Kamal to run up on them)when I watched it sometime back on TV.

Flashback was unnecessary and Kamal looked flat in the emotional scenes of the song.

But the film was stylishly made,Bindiya was gorgeous,couple of songs were Good,the lines introducing Kamal's character,Indrajit, was cool and the suspense was maintained throughout.

The villain was Kannada actor/director Guru dutt

Anban
3rd February 2014, 12:21 PM
biggest -ve is, we get a feel like watching a dubbing film
tamil moonjigale illaatha padam .. athellam appo periya factor thaan .. even Aalavandaan had this big drawback ... nowadays, its becoming normal ..

Adox
3rd February 2014, 06:14 PM
Kamal Haasan's next offering after Vishwaroopam 2 would be Uthama Villain directed by Ramesh Arvind and produced by Thirrupathi Brothers. Kamal is reported to be playing an ageing superstar in the movie.

We have an update regarding the technical team of Uthama Villain. Promising young composer Ghibran who happens to be one of the main crew members of Vishwaroopam 2, is set to compose for Uthama Villain as well. He has also apparently composed 4 songs for the film already. Kamal Haasan is also expected to pen lyrics for the movie, as he generally does for some of the songs in his films.

Uthama Villain will be shot in full swing once Kamal is free from his commitments for Vishwaroopam 2. He recently updated that CG works are happening in full swing for this sequel to 2013's blockbuster, Vishwaroopam.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/ghibran-will-continue-as-the-composer-for-kamal-haasans-uthama-villain.html

dell_gt
12th February 2014, 03:59 PM
Three heroines for Kamal Haasan

Kamal Haasan is all set to go on floors withUthama Villain this month. The film, directed by Ramesh Aravind, will start rolling in Chennai, and we hear that the Ulaganayagan will have three heroines in it. However, we understand that none of the names have been finalized yet.

A source close to the project tells us, "Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break. The film will have three heroines, and the team has approached some of the top actresses for the roles. Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha (with whom Kamal earlier acted in Manmadan Ambu) are some of the names that are being bandied about. It's expected that Ramesh will zero in on his heroines by the end of this month."

Cinemarasigan
12th February 2014, 05:22 PM
A source close to the project tells us, "Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24.

This is a sweet news... Hope this become true..

Cinemarasigan
12th February 2014, 05:33 PM
TOI also reported this news...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Three-heroines-for-Kamal-Haasan/articleshow/30223727.cms

Adox
12th February 2014, 05:36 PM
Wonder what the scope is for 3 heroines ... Anyways the movie will also see Vivek being paired up with Kamal for the first time.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/103421.html

kumarsr
12th February 2014, 06:45 PM
Wonder what the scope is for 3 heroines ... Anyways the movie will also see Vivek being paired up with Kamal for the first time.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/103421.html

It is said that KH is a movie star - so all these 3 could be co actors

oyivukac
12th February 2014, 07:42 PM
‘உத்தமவில்லன்’ படத்தில் கமலுக்கு 3 ஜோடிகள்

விஸ்வரூபம் 2’ படத்தை தொடர்ந்து கமல் ‘உத்தமவில்லன்’ படத்தில் நடிக்கிறார். ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் இயக்குகிறார். இதன் துவக்க விழா பூஜை வருகிற 24–ந்தேதி சென்னை ஸ்டுடியோவில் நடக்கிறது.

தொடர்ந்து சென்னை, ஐதராபாத், பெங்களூர் போன்ற இடங்களில் படப்பிடிப்பை நடத்த உள்ளனர். உத்தமவில்லன் படத்தில் கமலுக்கு மூன்று ஜோடிகள் இருப்பது போன்று திரைக்கதை எழுதி உள்ளனர். இதையடுத்து நாயகி வேட்டை நடந்தது.

திரிஷா, தமன்னா, காஜல் அகர்வாலை தேர்வு செய்துள்ளதாக தகவல் வெளியாகியுள்ளது. திரிஷா ஏற்கனவே மன்மதன் அம்பு படத்தில் கமலுடன் நடித்துள்ளனர். மற்ற இருவரும் முதல் தடவையாக கமலுக்கு ஜோடியாகிறார்கள்.

உத்தமவில்லன் படத்தில் டைரக்டர் கே.பாலச்சந்தரும் முக்கிய கேரக்டரில் நடிக்கிறார். பாலசந்தர் இயக்கத்தில் கமல் அரங்கேற்றம் படம் தொடங்கி 30–க்கும் மேற்பட்ட படங்களில் நடித்துள்ளார். கமல் கேட்டுக் கொண்டதை தொடர்ந்து இந்த படத்தில் நடிக்க பாலசந்தர் சம்மதம் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

இந்த படத்துக்கு கிரேஸி மோகன் வசனம் எழுதுகிறார். ஏற்கனவே இவர் கமல் நடித்த மைக்கேல் மதனகாம ராஜன், அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், அவ்வை சண்முகி, பஞ்சதந்திரம் போன்ற படங்களுக்கு வசனம் எழுதி உள்ளார்.

Cinemarasigan
12th February 2014, 08:00 PM

இதையடுத்து நாயகி வேட்டை நடந்தது.

திரிஷா, [B]தமன்னா, காஜல் அகர்வாலை தேர்வு செய்துள்ளதாக தகவல் வெளியாகியுள்ளது.

Tamannah- vumaa? quite interesting..

Russelldwp
12th February 2014, 09:08 PM
tamil moonjigale illaatha padam .. athellam appo periya factor thaan .. even Aalavandaan had this big drawback ... nowadays, its becoming normal ..

I SAW THIS FILM OPENING FANS SHOW AT SALEM JEYA. In this film Kamal looiks handsome and songs are really good. No other good things

oyivukac
23rd February 2014, 05:51 PM
5 hour makeup routine for KamalHaasan's UthamaVilain film.

The look is yet to be revealed, but if sources are to be believed, Kamal Haasan's makeover in Kannada actor-director Ramesh Aravind's next directorial venture Uthama Villain is something to watch out for.

The team has been quite quiet about the actor's character in Uthama Villain as the the team was working extra hard at the makeover.

Latest on that front is that there is indeed a look that was finalized and Kamal Haasan made a two-day hush hush visit to Bangalore only to be a part of the photo shoot for this film.

The makeup session for the same apparently took him five long hours. Our source also reveals, Kamal Haasan was on location around an hour and a half before schedule, and seemed very excited about trying out something new.

With the film getting set to go on floors soon, it is only a matter of time before fans can check out the new look.

dell_gt
27th February 2014, 05:54 AM
In #Uthamavillan Aandavar's Character name is Akilanda Manoranjan...

Russellyhd
27th February 2014, 10:35 AM
Uthama Villain Shooting Spot Images

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-shooting-spot-images/images/uthama-villain-shooting-spot-images01.jpg

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-shooting-spot-images/images/uthama-villain-shooting-spot-images02.jpg

Russellyhd
27th February 2014, 11:18 PM
Ramesh Bala ‏@rameshlaus 1h
#UlagaNayagan #Kamal's #UthamaVillain shoot starts early March and will be over by May! #Kamal moves to #Drishyam remake from June onwards..

Don't be surprised if #UthamaVillain releases before #Vishwaroopam2

dell_gt
28th February 2014, 06:52 AM
#UthamaVillain Digi graph, Animated Promo poster Getting Ready! #KamalHaasan

#UthamaVillain shoot starts in Bangalore from Mar 3. @dirlingusamy produced Ramesh Aravind directed film's digital look will b out b4 that.

dell_gt
28th February 2014, 06:55 AM
#UlagaNayagan #Kamal's #UthamaVillain shoot starts early March and will be over by May! #Kamal moves to #Drishyam remake from June onwards..

UthamaVillain befero V-II, sounds interesting... V-I (Action) UthamaVillain( Comedy) then V-II(Action).. will be super #TREAT!!!

Anban
28th February 2014, 09:47 AM
UthamaVillain comedy padam ellaam illai .. ithey maathiri thaan Manmadan Ambu-kku wrong expectations build pannaanunga.. ithu oru feel-good movie-aam .. i just hope that lingu made the right choice in story selection ...

Cinemarasigan
28th February 2014, 12:15 PM
UthamaVillain comedy padam ellaam illai .. ithey maathiri thaan Manmadan Ambu-kku wrong expectations build pannaanunga.. ithu oru feel-good movie-aam .. i just hope that lingu made the right choice in story selection ...

Yes, People assume on their own about UV as a comedy film...

Cinemarasigan
28th February 2014, 12:17 PM

This is hilarious... UV might be released sometime in August or later.

Adox
28th February 2014, 05:16 PM
Media has it that its a comedy riot mainly because of crazy mohan's involvement ..

Kamal Haasan's Uthama Villain to begin

Kamal Haasan was recently in the news for being conferred with the prestigious Padma Bhushan. Back to work, the veteran will begin his next film Uthama Villain which will go on floors from March 3rd in Bangalore. This project will be produced by Lingusamy for Thirrupathi Brothers and directed by Kamal’s long term buddy Ramesh Arvind.

Crazy Mohan takes charge of the dialogues of the film which is a clear indication that the film is going to be a laugh riot. Music director Ghibran who is working with Kamal in Vishwaroopam 2 has been brought on board for Uthama Villain too. As per the sources, the film is set to be a quickie, to be wrapped in two to three months time in a single schedule.

Kamal’s role is likely to be in sync with his real age and the other details regarding heroine and cast members would be released soon.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...-in-march.html

jaykay78
28th February 2014, 11:13 PM
Actually iv seen movies directed by ramesh aravind in kannada.. i think he's better than all other directors in kannada..atleast in screenplay,...(kannada cinema is at it its worst phase right now), maybe he learnt his basic filmakin skills from the tamil industry(read K. balanchandar & Kamalhassan), I hope Kamalji doesnt involve in ghost directing it....

uruzalari
1st March 2014, 03:07 PM
First Look

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Kamal-Haasans-Uthama-Villain-first-look-revealed/articleshow/31208322.cms?

dell_gt
1st March 2014, 03:29 PM
Nice.. intresting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dell_gt
1st March 2014, 04:12 PM
#uthamavillain trending number1

dell_gt
1st March 2014, 04:23 PM
And so many analyse going around on the picture

Russellpei
1st March 2014, 04:53 PM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/uv_zps2a9e8765.png (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/uv_zps2a9e8765.png.html)

Adox
1st March 2014, 06:08 PM
Interesting ... wasnt Tamanna and Kajal speculated earlier. Probably KH developed good working relationship with Pooja and Andrea from VR times.

Adox
1st March 2014, 06:20 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Kamal-gets-Andrea-and-Pooja-for-the-third-time/articleshow/31170593.cms?intenttarget=no

Russellyhd
1st March 2014, 07:46 PM
Technical crew details with #UthamaVillain Logo design

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bhov9N5CcAAJxu2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bhow4tnCQAANpcL.jpg:large

Russellyhd
1st March 2014, 08:04 PM
The words 'Uthama' s written in Villupaattu instrument (rit ?) style.. sumthing lik tamilnadu's folk art kinda story :roll:

Arvind Srinivasan
1st March 2014, 08:53 PM
The poster looks mighty interesting. Wow....

Arragesh
1st March 2014, 11:00 PM
I think poster image illustrates "Yakshagana" traditional Kannada Folk dance...Also exists in Tamil nadu.

Yaksha - In a way caretaker of Natual treasures / called as Rakshas[black one].
Well if you watch "Ancient Aliens" in History channel then Yakshas are Aliens.:poke:
Some even say Shiva is yaksha

dell_gt
1st March 2014, 11:01 PM
Teaser out by tonight

Anban
1st March 2014, 11:14 PM
I think poster image illustrates "Yakshagana" traditional Kannada Folk dance...Also exists in Tamil nadu.

Yaksha - In a way caretaker of Natual treasures / called as Rakshas[black one].
Well if you watch "Ancient Aliens" in History channel then Yakshas are Aliens.:poke:
Some even say Shiva is yaksha actually Kerala's Theyyam art , I think ..

Anban
1st March 2014, 11:15 PM
teaser enappadum digital poster thaan athu .

nickraman
1st March 2014, 11:43 PM
Is Crazy Mohan confirmed for dialogues? His credit is missing :(

Adox
1st March 2014, 11:51 PM

Any interpretations on the way 'utthama' 'villain' are written ..

Arvind Srinivasan
2nd March 2014, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qRe_juix7SQ

hattori_hanzo
2nd March 2014, 01:36 AM

Any interpretations on the way 'utthama' 'villain' are written ..

The word வில்லன் here has something to do with "வில்", which is drawn around 'உத்தம'. There are 2 red spots inside, denoting two targets?

The word, "வில்லன்" is the Ambu here. Look at the two edges next to "ன்"

"உ" is missing the circle, but instead "வி" has a large one. Placing it next to 'உ' makes it looks like the number 20. Not sure if this has any significance.

hattori_hanzo
2nd March 2014, 01:43 AM
Teaser just rocks! Ghibran :bow:

Expectation egirudhu. Now I want this to come out before V2 :-)

Ukkum Baga Baga Baga Baga Baga
Ukkum Jay Jay....

Uththama Villain....Uththama Villain...

Adox
2nd March 2014, 01:52 AM
Sort of see the 'vill, the targets and ambu .. Aandavar as usual making you ponder.

BGM super! Eerie eerie ... cant connect dots yet. Let the suspense grow :)

HonestRaj
2nd March 2014, 02:22 AM

The word வில்லன் here has something to do with "வில்", which is drawn around 'உத்தம'. There are 2 red spots inside, denoting two targets?

The word, "வில்லன்" is the Ambu here. Look at the two edges next to "ன்"

"உ" is missing the circle, but instead "வி" has a large one. Placing it next to 'உ' makes it looks like the number 20. Not sure if this has any significance.

uththama villu paattukkaran...
"thanthanathoam enru paadiye"
check this hosanna video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhmVoM_KVk

pushpak
2nd March 2014, 06:57 AM
The "Villain" which looks like an arrow also can be seen as a key. The arrow will be a key to open something :)

Adox
2nd March 2014, 08:14 AM
KH both the singer and the man behind the mask ?

venkkiram
2nd March 2014, 08:18 AM
http://thetravelphotographer.blogspot.de/2009/01/one-shot-eric-lafforgue-theyyam.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EH7OLLQBtRc/SXzRZR_l6pI/AAAAAAAADuw/kV2ATmIFO8s/s1600-h/eric_lafforgue_theyyam.jpg

படத்தின் போஸ்டர் வடிவம் முதற்கொண்டு மூளையை இப்படி பயன்படுத்தினால் அப்புறம் என்னத்த சொல்ல! கூடுமானவரை இப்படி நகல் எடுக்கும்போது, முடிந்தவரை அதற்கான சொந்தக் காரர்களுக்கு நன்றி சொல்லிவிட்டு செய்யலாமே!

oyivukac
2nd March 2014, 09:59 AM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/1932721_610013235745479_793031439_o_zps42168ec2.jp g (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/1932721_610013235745479_793031439_o_zps42168ec2.jp g.html)
(Anu Vidhaiththa Boomiyile Song-Vishwaroopam FB)

oyivukac
2nd March 2014, 10:02 AM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/1798550_609958872417582_779657183_n_zps2d555a20.jp g (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/1798550_609958872417582_779657183_n_zps2d555a20.jp g.html)
(Anu Vidhaiththa Boomiyile Song-Vishwaroopam FB)

Russellpei
2nd March 2014, 12:44 PM
கமலின் வில்லத்தனம்!
http://www.ithayakkani.com/jsp/Content/display_content_front.jsp?menuid=26&menuname=%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%8D%20%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF% 8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%A9%E0 %AE%AE%E0%AF%8D!&linkid=26&linkname=2014-03-02&content=1234&columnno=0&starts=0&menu_image=-

Russellpei
2nd March 2014, 01:17 PM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/1978631_620672884673659_2038715502_n_zpsfccb7291.j pg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/1978631_620672884673659_2038715502_n_zpsfccb7291.j pg.html)

dell_gt
2nd March 2014, 05:32 PM
Nice.. kadhala-kadhala days!

VinodKumar's
2nd March 2014, 09:33 PM
Super ...

Mohan kumar.
2nd March 2014, 10:18 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/p180x540/1975015_551679844946622_313502233_n.jpg

Mohan kumar.
2nd March 2014, 10:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/p180x540/1932475_551679851613288_957186067_n.jpg

dell_gt
3rd March 2014, 05:54 AM
Actress Parvathi Menon in #UttamaVillain
http://twitpic.com/dx60d3

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 10:55 AM
Teaser just rocks! Ghibran :bow:

Expectation egirudhu. Now I want this to come out before V2 :-)

Ukkum Jay Jay....

Uththama Villain....Uththama Villain...

+1. Now I started feeling this may be wrapped up sooner than expected.. VR2 post production is taking tooooooooooooo much time..

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 11:13 AM
http://thetravelphotographer.blogspot.de/2009/01/one-shot-eric-lafforgue-theyyam.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EH7OLLQBtRc/SXzRZR_l6pI/AAAAAAAADuw/kV2ATmIFO8s/s1600-h/eric_lafforgue_theyyam.jpg
படத்தின் போஸ்டர் வடிவம் முதற்கொண்டு மூளையை இப்படி பயன்படுத்தினால் அப்புறம் என்னத்த சொல்ல! கூடுமானவரை இப்படி நகல் எடுக்கும்போது, முடிந்தவரை அதற்கான சொந்தக் காரர்களுக்கு நன்றி சொல்லிவிட்டு செய்யலாமே!

Venki - This is nothing to do with "The travel photographer" he just took the photograph of a Theyyam artist... not his own creation, many pictures are available related to this art..

Quoted from website ithayakkani.com..
இது கேரளாவில் பிரபலமான வடக்கு மலபார் பகுதியில் 400க்கும் மேற்பட்டவர்கள் இதனைச் செய்து வெளிப்படுத்துவது 'தையம்' என்றழைக்கப்படுகிறது. ஆதிவாசி மக்களிடம் அறிமுகமாகிய இதன் பூர்விகம், சில ஆயிரம் ஆண்டுகள் பழமை வாய்ந்தது. கோயில்களில் நடைபெறும் விழாக்கால நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் குறிக்கும் வகையில் 'தையம்' நடனம் கலைஞர்களால் வழங்கப்படுகிறது. 'கதகளி'க்கான ஒப்பனையை ஒட்டியே தையம் ஒப்பனையும் இருக்கிறது.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qAxLB2as_fU

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 11:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhxqIkpIgAA18IE.jpg

venkkiram
3rd March 2014, 11:19 AM
Venki - This is nothing to do with "The travel photographer" he just took the photograph of a Theyyam artist... not his own creation, many pictures are available related to this art..

என்ன இப்படி சொல்லிடிங்க.. முகத்தை மட்டுமே காட்டி, மற்ற இடங்களை இருட்டாக்கிக் காட்டும் யுத்தி கூட அதிலிருந்தே எடுத்தாளப் பட்டதாக உணர்கிறேன்.

dell_gt
3rd March 2014, 11:30 AM
Dhanush ‏@dhanushkraja Mar 1
Uthama villain first look rocks. Come on kamal sir :)

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 12:31 PM
என்ன இப்படி சொல்லிடிங்க.. முகத்தை மட்டுமே காட்டி, மற்ற இடங்களை இருட்டாக்கிக் காட்டும் யுத்தி கூட அதிலிருந்தே எடுத்தாளப் பட்டதாக உணர்கிறேன்.

Yeah venki, now I can relate both.. If Kamal has got this idea from this photographer, he must thank..

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 12:40 PM
As per some sources, the shooting starts today and expected to wrap in record 3 months time it seems.. meyyaalumaa Kamal sir :roll:

balaajee
3rd March 2014, 02:18 PM
உத்தம வில்லன் பர்ஸ்ட் லுக்... ப்ரெஞ்ச் புகைப்படக்காரர் படத்தை காப்பியடித்தாரா கமல்? (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/is-kamal-copying-uthama-villain-first-look-194724.html)

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 02:32 PM
^ That's tamil news ellaam kuppai ragam Balaajee..

rsubras
3rd March 2014, 02:56 PM
Yeah venki, now I can relate both.. If Kamal has got this idea from this photographer, he must thank..

oru teaser ku credits ,vote of thanks lam pottutu irukka mudiyuma... may be a theyyam artiste might have been involved in this film............ product (film) release agara varaikkum judgment reserve panni vaikkalame :)

Cinemarasigan
3rd March 2014, 05:44 PM
oru teaser ku credits ,vote of thanks lam pottutu irukka mudiyuma... may be a theyyam artiste might have been involved in this film............ product (film) release agara varaikkum judgment reserve panni vaikkalame :)

Makkal edhirpaakkraanga, enna seiradhu..

Adox
3rd March 2014, 06:10 PM
What is Uthama Villain going to be about?

The first look poster and a thirty nine second teaser of Kamal Haasan’s Uthama Villain was recently out and became the talk of the town. The film to be directed by Ramesh Arvind with dialogues of Crazy Mohan goes on floors today, the 3rdof March 2014.

Looking at the poster design and the title arrangement, one can’t miss its artistic flavor. Delving just a little, the colorful mask and the musical beats in the teaser point towards some kind of curtain raiser for a session on performing arts.

Added to that, the way in which the two words ‘Uthama’ and ‘Villain’ are set in the title card is interesting, especially ‘Uthama' which looks like the villu (bow) of villupaattu, a traditional story telling form prevalent in Tamil Nadu and Kerala which is on its way to extinction. The ‘Uthama’ villu is quite artistically decorated with equally spaced out bells.

Observing and speculating on these, the plot of the story perhaps deals about performing traditional art forms and Kamal may be the key note player in this.

Meanwhile there was another poster from Uthama Villain in which Kamal, dressed contemporarily, apparently performing on the stage tries to hold a child’s hand which is being extended by a lady from the audience while his other hand is on a camera. There are quite a number of hands seemingly in an applauding motion.

This might again indicate that Kamal is some kind of a performing artist on stage that is being lauded by audience.

When you think about the title, it also suggests that Kamal may be playing an antagonist in his stage appearances but is actually the ‘good’ man in real life which justifies the title.

Whatever it is, the film has whipped up an intense storm and audiences are just waiting to get soaked in Kamal’s magic.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/kamals-uthama-villain-promises-a-lot-of-intrigue-and-excitement.html

Russellpei
3rd March 2014, 11:49 PM
கமலின், உத்தம வில்லன் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கியது!

விஸ்வரூபம்-2 பணிகள் அனைத்தும் முடிவடைந்து ரிலீசுக்கு ரெடியாகிவிட்டது. நண்பர் ரஜினிகாந்தின் கோச்டையான் ரிலீசை எதிர்பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார் கமல். கோச்சடையானும், விஸ்வரூபம் 2வும் மோதவேண்டாம் என்பதில் உறுதியாக இருக்கிறார். கோச்சடையான் ரிலீஸ் தேதி உறுதியான பிறகு அதற்கு முன்பா, பின்பா என்பதை கமல் முடிவு செய்ய இருக்கிறார்.

இந்த நிலையில் தனது அடுத்த படமான உத்தம வில்லனை துவக்கி விட்டார். இன்று (பிப்ரவரி 3) ராஜ்கமல் பிலிம்ஸ் அலுவலத்தில் முறைப்படி படப்பிடிப்பு துவங்கியது. ஒரே ஷெட்யூலில் அதாவது 40 நாட்களில் படப்பிடிப்பை முடிக்க கமல் திட்டமிட்டுள்ளார். கமல்தான் படத்தின் கதை எழுதி திரைக்கதையை வடிவமைத்துள்ளார். கிரேசி மோகன் வசனம் எழுதுகிறார். கமலின் நண்பரும், கன்னடத்தில் முன்னணி நடிகருமான ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் இயக்குகிறார். ஜிப்ரான் இசை அமைக்கிறார். ஷ்யாம்தத் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்கிறார். திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸ் நிறுவனத்தின் சார்பில் லிங்குசாமியின் சகோதரர் என்.சுபாஷ் சந்திர போஸ் மற்றும் கமலும் இணைந்து தயாரிக்கிறார்கள்.

உத்தம வில்லனில் கமல் மேடை நாடக கலைஞராக நடிக்கிறார். பிளாக் த்ரில்லர் காமெடி கதை. இரவில் நாடகத்தில் கோமாளியாக நடிக்கும் கமல் பகலில் தன் சொந்த வாழ்க்கையை நாசமாக்கிய வில்லன்களை அழிக்கும் உத்தம வில்லனாக வருகிறார். உத்தம வில்லனை வருகிற தீபாவளிக்கு வெளியிட கமல் முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறார்.
(dinamalar.com)

oyivukac
4th March 2014, 12:05 AM
(from Diehard kamalians Group facebook)

‪#‎RameshAravind‬ Talks About ‪#‎UttamaVillain‬.

#‎KamalHaasan‬ is one actor who always treads the road less travelled. And proving his versatility again, Kamal has tried a new look for his upcoming Tamil film, Uthama Villain, directed by Sandalwood’s Ramesh Aravind.

Kamal, who is currently in Bangalore, will start his first schedule for the film today. The film has hit the social media with a teaser.

Ramesh says, “The look is part of the film, which has a mysterious shade to it. It took four to five hours for him to get this look. The make-up was done in a very natural and desi style.”

Ramesh is looking at three months of hectic work for the movie. “We will start from Bangalore and shoot some portions in Karnataka followed by North India before we head overseas,” he adds.

After Kamal and K Balachander, we now hear from reliable sources that K Vishwanath will also be part of the film. “Right now I can only say, that it is a great honour to be working with the legends,” Ramesh says. Apparently comedian Vivek has been roped in for the film and names like Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah, Trisha, Parvathy Menon, Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah are popping up in the list of actresses.

dell_gt
4th March 2014, 08:24 AM
(from Diehard kamalians Group facebook)

‪#‎RameshAravind‬ Talks About ‪#‎UttamaVillain‬.

#‎KamalHaasan‬ is one actor who always treads the road less travelled. And proving his versatility again, Kamal has tried a new look for his upcoming Tamil film, Uthama Villain, directed by Sandalwood’s Ramesh Aravind.

Kamal, who is currently in Bangalore, will start his first schedule for the film today. The film has hit the social media with a teaser.

Ramesh says, “The look is part of the film, which has a mysterious shade to it. It took four to five hours for him to get this look. The make-up was done in a very natural and desi style.”

Ramesh is looking at three months of hectic work for the movie. “We will start from Bangalore and shoot some portions in Karnataka followed by North India before we head overseas,” he adds.

After Kamal and K Balachander, we now hear from reliable sources that K Vishwanath will also be part of the film. “Right now I can only say, that it is a great honour to be working with the legends,” Ramesh says. Apparently comedian Vivek has been roped in for the film and names like Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah, Trisha, Parvathy Menon, Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah are popping up in the list of actresses.

great!! so can expect somewhere July or Aug!

dell_gt
4th March 2014, 08:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh2XI3xCIAAm0wy.jpg

dell_gt
4th March 2014, 08:34 AM
if u guys wana download the teaser bgm.. enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqjmiv0qywdejpz/Uttama%20Villain%20Teaser%20BGM.mp3

Russellyhd
4th March 2014, 03:06 PM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF%E0%A E%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D/article5749408.ece

'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தின் நாயகிகள் யார்?

உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தில் கமலுடன் ஆண்ட்ரியா, பூஜா குமார், ஊர்வசி, பார்வதி மற்றும் பலர் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார்களாம்.

'விஸ்வரூபம் 2' படத்தினைத் தொடர்ந்து ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் இயக்கத்தில் 'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தில் நடித்து வருகிறார் கமல். இப்படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு திங்கட்கிழமை முதல் பெங்களூரில் நடைபெற்று வருகிறது.

படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கி இருப்பதைத் தொடர்ந்து கமலுடன் யாரெல்லாம் நடித்து வருகிறார்கள் என்று விசாரித்ததில் கிடைத்த தகவல்கள்,

இணையத்தில் 'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தின் போஸ்டரை காப்பியடித்து விட்டார் என்று செய்திகள் வெளியாகின. ஆனால் கமல் போஸ்டரில் காட்டியிருப்பது 'தெய்யம்(Theyyam)' நடன வகையைச் சார்ந்தது. அந்த வகை நடனத்திற்கு இவ்வாறு தான் மேக்கப் செய்வார்கள். அனைவருமே காப்பியடித்து இருக்கிறார் என்கிறார்கள், ஆனால் தெய்யம் நடனவகை என்றால் அவ்வாறு தானே செய்ய முடியும் என்றார்கள்.

அது போலவே, இப்படத்தில் 'விஸ்வரூபம்' கூட்டணியான ஆண்ட்ரியா, பூஜாகுமார் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார்கள். அவர்களோடு ஊர்வசியும் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார்.

'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தில் கமலுக்கு மகளாக நடிக்க இருக்கிறார் 'பூ' பார்வதி. தொடர்ச்சியாக 2 மாதங்கள் பெங்களூரில் படப்பிடிப்பு நடைபெற இருக்கிறது.

Cinemarasigan
4th March 2014, 07:57 PM
கமலின், உத்தம வில்லன் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கியது!

இந்த நிலையில் தனது அடுத்த படமான உத்தம வில்லனை துவக்கி விட்டார். இன்று (பிப்ரவரி 3) ராஜ்கமல் பிலிம்ஸ் அலுவலத்தில் முறைப்படி படப்பிடிப்பு துவங்கியது. ஒரே ஷெட்யூலில் அதாவது 40 நாட்களில் படப்பிடிப்பை முடிக்க கமல் திட்டமிட்டுள்ளார்.

உத்தம வில்லனை வருகிற தீபாவளிக்கு வெளியிட கமல் முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறார்.
(dinamalar.com)

40 நாளில் படப்பிடிப்பு முடிச்சிடுவாங்களாம் .. கேக்குறதுக்கு ரெம்ப நல்லா இருக்கு..

Adox
4th March 2014, 11:02 PM
Ammam as if the french bought the copyrights for the ancient Kerala folk dance .. Summa edhavadhu ezhudha vendiayadhu .. What should he do .. try to invent a folk dance on his own or what ? Infact IMO it takes someone like KH to make it more popular so that more people get to know about it. Nobody knew about it (no offense intended) from that French Photographer ..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Kamal-Haasans-look-inspiration-or-copy/articleshow/31341536.cms

dell_gt
5th March 2014, 11:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh8L4vtCYAAOZ0z.jpg:large

dell_gt
5th March 2014, 11:19 AM
Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Haasan had always been a nick above the other film industry people in every sense. While others up the curiosity element only when they release their trailers and teasers, this man does that right from day one – right from the first look posters, the title font, the cast and crew – everything about his projects raises expectation levels to improbable proportions. Uthama Villain’s posters and first look teaser are no different.

The teaser of Uthama Villain features a masked face, which according to online reports is based on North Kerala’s Theyyam art form. Also known as Theyyattam or Thira, it is ritual kind of worship, with several thousand years of customs and traditions. The people consider the practitioners, generally belonging to the lower class community, of this art form as God – Kamal Haasan’s home ground, where he can score sixes and boundaries, every time and with ease. Even, a poster of the movie seems similar to Michelangelo's fresco painting, The Creation of Adam, which depicts Genesis - an image of near-touching hands of God and Adam. The imitated version, Uthama Villain has an image of near-touching hands of Kamal Haasan (God) and a child (Adam).

Also, the legendary actor’s practice of alternating between big and small movies, between serious and entertainers, in succession, suggests that Uthama Villain, coming after Vishwaroopam, might be a jolly ride. The involvement of Crazy Mohan, who had penned dialogues for classics such as Michael Madana Kama Rajan, Apoorva Sagodharargal, Avvai Shanmughi and Panchathanthiram also suggests the same.

A cult similar to Theyyam is followed in the Tulu Nadu region of Karnataka, in a different name as Bhuta Kola. The involvement of Ramesh Aravind, who has the Kannada roots, and the fact that the team is shooting in Karnataka, suggest that Uthama Villain may not be based on Theyyam, but on Bhuta Khola. And, given Kamal Haasan’s interest in experimenting with dialects, emulating Tulu language onscreen is a challenge never attempted before in Tamil Cinema, and only he can pull off.

The title card of Uthama Villain also provides a lot to contemplate on. Uthama is shaped like a bow (villu), and Villain is shaped like a key. The makers probably point to the popular Tamil Nadu art – Villupaattu, a musical story-telling form where narration is interspersed with music. It uses a Villu (bow) that has a long string under tension, and a bunch of keys called veesukols or villadi kol in each of his hands. Thus, indicating that the film might be about the dying art forms!

Well, as Uthama Villain is straight from Kamal Haasan, no one can be sure of anything, until the release of the movie. Let’s speculate as much as possible, and be surprised with something entirely different.

Cinemarasigan
5th March 2014, 02:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh8L4vtCYAAOZ0z.jpg:large

Getting confused on whether these are official posters or made by some others..

Anban
5th March 2014, 06:45 PM
ithula enna doubt .. official posters thaan .

Cinemarasigan
5th March 2014, 06:53 PM
ithula enna doubt .. official posters thaan .

Still not able to believe the caption "Continuous Shooting still completion"..

Anban
5th March 2014, 07:37 PM
Still not able to believe the caption "Continuous Shooting still completion"..
why ?

mappi
5th March 2014, 09:20 PM
Took a while to do a bit of looking around, after watching Uthama Villan's title font and came across an excellent work by Stuart H. Blackburn on our VilluPattu including some amazing research on tribal traditions titled "Singing of Birth and Death". Was not an easy read, quite tedious but very interesting to know about our South Indian culture. Its full of texts and explanations. Overall an amzing read. Thought someone here would be interested to read it too. Maybe you can find more on the concepts of Villapattu, that its not just a musical story telling (as reported in sites A-Z) but there is much more to it.

About the title font : Glad that some posts have covered few point on it.
Just to generate some interest : Take a look at the "La". Its formed as an infinity symbol. Yes, the ends are not closed, and thats exactly the symbol given by Leonhard Euler. Now for the interesting part - Infinity has another meaning => "a distance setting of a camera lens beyond which everything is in focus"

And CR, by the looks, it seems to be an official poster there - clue - often official posters use the same fonts irrespective to the size of the letter.

Cinemarasigan
6th March 2014, 10:19 AM
why ?

Till now not heard any of Kamal's movie got completed in a single schedule... There were breaks in the middle that's why :)

Cinemarasigan
6th March 2014, 12:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiBJ83NCQAAzWpY.png

Anban
6th March 2014, 08:49 PM
ithu maathiri silly-aa nammalum teaser views ellaam count panna koodaathu .. any trailer/teaser released by Sony Music can gather greater views as they have a lot of set AD slots in Youtube and many other sites..

rsubras
6th March 2014, 09:34 PM
ithu maathiri silly-aa nammalum teaser views ellaam count panna koodaathu .. any trailer/teaser released by Sony Music can gather greater views as they have a lot of set AD slots in Youtube and many other sites..

Well said.......

vidyasakaran
6th March 2014, 09:38 PM

I think CR tried to point out Kamal's signature under Lingusamy's banner and Lingusamy's name under RKFI banner.

avavh3
7th March 2014, 11:19 AM
thanks CR for bringing me here. i was annoyed about no activities in VR2 thread. but omg this thread is already 16 pages long!

avavh3
7th March 2014, 11:23 AM
thanks dell for the teaser bgm. superb.

dell_gt
7th March 2014, 01:07 PM
thanks dell for the teaser bgm. superb.

np :)

Cinemarasigan
10th March 2014, 11:35 AM
I think CR tried to point out Kamal's signature under Lingusamy's banner and Lingusamy's name under RKFI banner.

Yes.. thx for understanding..

nickraman
12th March 2014, 12:46 AM
Nice to hear that Jayaram, Urvashi back in the Kamal camp (last seen in 5thantram together)

https://twitter.com/UrsJayaramActor/status/443381001616510978

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s0tihf

rsubras
12th March 2014, 04:14 PM
From http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/kamal-haasan-slams-plagiarism-allegations-against-uttama-villain-1430925.html

There is speculation that the first look of Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain is inspired by an image taken by French photographer Eric Lafforgue, but the veteran actor has slammed the allegation."Theyyam is a more than a 1,000-year-old art. The make-up was done by a good artist, who is probably a third generation practitioner of this art. The lighting might have been similar," he said.
"It is like saying two lovers - one leaning on another's chest looking in the same direction is a copy of the 'Ek Duje Ke Liye' poster," he added.
Explaining the concept behind the first look, Kamal said: "My film has a Theyyam dance fusion with Tamil Nadu' s Kooththu tradition."
Painting his face for the look was not easy.
"That is not a mask. It is painted on my face. It took 4 hours to paint my face. It is a tradition passed on from many generations.
Uttama Villan chronicles the life of a superstar who decides to make a period comedy called Uttama Villan.

Russellpei
12th March 2014, 07:19 PM
Kamal Haasan hits back at allegations about Uthama Villain's first look

Kamal Haasan's Uthama Villain had its first look posters and a teaser revealed some days back, and though a majority of the public were in awe of what they saw and were totally bowled over by the creativity and idea behind the posters, a section of people alleged that this poster may have been inspired by one of acclaimed French photographer Eric Lafforgue's work.

Kamal responded to such allegations in a matter of fact manner on the sidelines of a big media conference in Mumbai.

"Theyyam is more than a 1,000-year-old art. The make-up was done by a good artist, who is probably a third generation practitioner of this art. The lighting might have been similar. It is like saying two lovers - one leaning on another's chest looking in the same direction is a copy of the 'Ek Duje Ke Liye' poster."

Kamal further explained the idea behind the look

"My film has a Theyyam dance fusion with Tamil Nadu' s Kooththu tradition."

And what we actually see in the first look poster is not a mask but Kamal's own painted face.

"That is not a mask. It is painted on my face. It took 4 hours to paint my face. It is a tradition passed on from many generations."

Kamal has already got the public's attention with just his first look materials, and what he has in store in the movie would be watched with keen interest.

(behindwooods.com)

dell_gt
13th March 2014, 12:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiluwTfIcAAAVoZ.jpg:large

dell_gt
13th March 2014, 01:27 PM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OwAAAImWFi72RVkTAUHcWpXBpvS4uO_x9GAz_FGnr-v0oieTh3kZ8xKz9WN-17e1I2dr2Xcxkw3aLNdlF-Rj00Zlri0Am1T1UEuJ-Tl44QnKbvDoN2O5DUo5uWNz.jpg

Cinemarasigan
13th March 2014, 03:34 PM
^செப்டம்பர்-ல ரிலீஸ் பண்றது சாத்தியம் தான்... விஸ்வரூபத்தை விட இதை பாக்கணும்-னு ஆவலா இருக்கு...

oyivukac
13th March 2014, 06:55 PM
Uthama villan - shooting spot
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/1186839_599829283444641_519922069_n_zps9962ba14.jp g (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/1186839_599829283444641_519922069_n_zps9962ba14.jp g.html)

Russellpei
13th March 2014, 10:20 PM
உத்தமவில்லன் கமலின் காமெடி கலாட்டா!

ஒரு ஆக்ஷன் படத்தில் நடித்தால் அதற்கடுத்து ரசிகர்களை ரிலாக்ஸ் செய்வதற்காக ஒரு காமெடி படத்தில் நடிப்பதை வழக்கமாக கொண்டிருப்பவர் கமல். விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தைப்பொறுத்தவரை அடுத்தடுத்து இரண்டு பாகங்களையும் இயக்கியதால் அடுத்து காமெடி படம் அமையவில்லை. ஆனால் இப்போது நடிகர் ரமேஷ்அரவிந்த் இயக்கத்தில் நடிக்கும் உத்தமவில்லன் படத்தில் காமெடியில செம கலக்கு கலக்கப்போகிறாராம் கமல்.

அதனால் தன்னுடன் தெனாலி, பஞ்சதந்திரம் படங்களில் நடித்த மலையாள நடிகர் ஜெயராமையும் இந்த படத்தில் தன்னுடன் கூட்டணி சேர்த்திருக்கும் கமல், அப்படத்தை இயக்கும் ரமேஷ் அரவிந்தையும் இப்போது இணைத்துள்ளார். ஏற்கனவே பஞ்சதந்திரம் படத்தில் கமலுடன் ஜெயராம், ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் ஆகிய இருவரும் இணைந்து நடித்திருப்பவர்கள் என்பதால், இந்த படத்தில் அவர்களின் காமெடி கூட்டணி சூப்பராக ஒர்க் அவுட்டாகியுள்ளதாம்.

தற்போது, அவர்கள் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட கலகலப்பான காட்சிகள் விறுவிறுப்பாக படமாக்கப்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருப்பதால், அக்கம் பக்கம் கவனத்தை சிதற விடாமல் நடித்து வருகிறார் கமல். அதனால் தெனாலி, வசூல் ராஜா எம்.பி.பி.எஸ், பஞ்சதந்திரம், பம்மல் கே.சம்பந்தம் படங்களை மிஞ்சும் வகையில் நூறு சதவிகிதம் காமெடியை கொடுத்து ரசிகர்களின் வயிற்றை உத்தமவில்லன் பதம் பார்ப்பார் என்று இப்போதே கியாரண்டி கொடுக்கிறார்கள்.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-news/17556/cinema/Kollywood/Uthamavillan-to-make-fun.htm

Cinemarasigan
14th March 2014, 10:18 AM
உத்தமவில்லன் கமலின் காமெடி கலாட்டா!

ஒரு ஆக்ஷன் படத்தில் நடித்தால் அதற்கடுத்து ரசிகர்களை ரிலாக்ஸ் செய்வதற்காக ஒரு காமெடி படத்தில் நடிப்பதை வழக்கமாக கொண்டிருப்பவர் கமல். விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தைப்பொறுத்தவரை அடுத்தடுத்து இரண்டு பாகங்களையும் இயக்கியதால் அடுத்து காமெடி படம் அமையவில்லை. ஆனால் இப்போது நடிகர் ரமேஷ்அரவிந்த் இயக்கத்தில் நடிக்கும் உத்தமவில்லன் படத்தில் காமெடியில செம கலக்கு கலக்கப்போகிறாராம் கமல்.

அதனால் தன்னுடன் தெனாலி, பஞ்சதந்திரம் படங்களில் நடித்த மலையாள நடிகர் ஜெயராமையும் இந்த படத்தில் தன்னுடன் கூட்டணி சேர்த்திருக்கும் கமல், அப்படத்தை இயக்கும் ரமேஷ் அரவிந்தையும் இப்போது இணைத்துள்ளார். ஏற்கனவே பஞ்சதந்திரம் படத்தில் கமலுடன் ஜெயராம், ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் ஆகிய இருவரும் இணைந்து நடித்திருப்பவர்கள் என்பதால், இந்த படத்தில் அவர்களின் காமெடி கூட்டணி சூப்பராக ஒர்க் அவுட்டாகியுள்ளதாம்.

தற்போது, அவர்கள் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட கலகலப்பான காட்சிகள் விறுவிறுப்பாக படமாக்கப்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருப்பதால், அக்கம் பக்கம் கவனத்தை சிதற விடாமல் நடித்து வருகிறார் கமல். அதனால் தெனாலி, வசூல் ராஜா எம்.பி.பி.எஸ், பஞ்சதந்திரம், பம்மல் கே.சம்பந்தம் படங்களை மிஞ்சும் வகையில் நூறு சதவிகிதம் காமெடியை கொடுத்து ரசிகர்களின் வயிற்றை உத்தமவில்லன் பதம் பார்ப்பார் என்று இப்போதே கியாரண்டி கொடுக்கிறார்கள்.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-news/17556/cinema/Kollywood/Uthamavillan-to-make-fun.htm

இது காமெடி படம் இல்லை-னு கமல் சொல்லிக்கிட்டே இருக்காரு.. இவனுகளா புரளி கிளப்பி விடுறானுங்க...

avavh3
14th March 2014, 11:13 AM
in a previous page of this thread, some one mentioned panchatantram was a flop. i heard it was a profitable venture at the box office. it is one of the movie which i would watch time and again. whenever we friends/relatives have get together, those dialogues are always remembered. the slapstick comedy among 5 inebriated friends coupled with versatile nagesh are always a treat to recall.

dell_gt
14th March 2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/bangalore/Uthama-Villain-on-Track-with-Ensemble-Starcast/2014/03/13/article2106548.ece1#.UyJkWZCY4WM

With Uthama Villain (UV) going on floors , recently, actor-director Ramesh Aravind has roped in Parvathi to play the female lead opposite Kamal Haasan while actress Andrea will also have a part to play.

Ramesh, who is currently busy on the sets, confirmed this and said, “Yes, Parvathi is a fine actress and she fits the bill.”

When City Express spoke to Parvathi, she was excited about joining the team from March 15. She said, “You always look for a team which works differently. With the combination of Kamal and his team, Uthama Villain is a dream come true in that sense. Secondly, playing a similar character in all my Tamil films, I am getting to play a different role in UV. I cannot get into details about the film but it is definitely exciting,” said Parvathi. According to her, with a writer like Kamal, there is something unique that one can look forward to. “And with actors like Andrea, Urvashi, Jayaram in the movie, you have so many collaborators, and there will be a lot of give and take among the actors,” she said.

rsubras
14th March 2014, 02:43 PM
இது காமெடி படம் இல்லை-னு கமல் சொல்லிக்கிட்டே இருக்காரு.. இவனுகளா புரளி கிளப்பி விடுறானுங்க...

if you get information, you provide news... if you don't get you just speculate ....based on whatever bits and pieces you get ...this is how today's journalism works I believe........ Insurance companies, marketing ppl maathiri cinema & political journalists kum probably ethuna target set panniruppanga... ithanai articles / news / report eluthanumnu.....

rsubras
14th March 2014, 02:45 PM

If I remember correct, anbe sivam kooda comedy padam nu than solitu irunthanga nu ninaikkaren... esp when Sundar.C took over as director, the rumors got strong...

Cinemarasigan
14th March 2014, 05:30 PM
If I remember correct, anbe sivam kooda comedy padam nu than solitu irunthanga nu ninaikkaren... esp when Sundar.C took over as director, the rumors got strong...

Initially Yes.. Once the audio was out, opinions got changed..

pushpak
14th March 2014, 06:20 PM
Initially Yes.. Once the audio was out, opinions got changed..

I know many folks went to watch Anbe Sivan thinking it is a comedy movie. That also impacted the fate of the movie.
Same with MMA.

Mr.GreyShirt
14th March 2014, 06:23 PM
I know many folks went to watch Anbe Sivan thinking it is a comedy movie. That also impacted the fate of the movie.
Same with MMA.

I am also guilty of that but I thoroughly enjoyed that movie on the first view.

Russellpei
14th March 2014, 11:24 PM
ஹாட்ரிக் குஷியில் கமல்ஹாசன்…!
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/uthama_zps9d364d14.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/uthama_zps9d364d14.jpg.html)
tamilcinema.com

dell_gt
15th March 2014, 09:26 AM
http://cinemalead.com/news-id-check-out-the-story-outline-cast-and-crew-of-uttama-villian-kamal-15-03-144732.htm

Russellpei
15th March 2014, 09:54 AM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/uvillan_zpsfbba8f43.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/uvillan_zpsfbba8f43.jpg.html)

avavh3
15th March 2014, 10:08 AM
hope it is not inspired' by crap of the movie Om Shanti Om :confused2:

Russellyhd
15th March 2014, 11:22 AM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%A F%88-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D/article5787630.ece

உத்தம வில்லன்: இரட்டை வேடத்தில் கமல்

உத்தமன் மற்றும் மனோரஞ்சன் என்ற இருவேடத்தில் 'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தில் நடித்து வருகிறார் கமல்ஹாசன்.

'விஸ்வரூபம் 2' படத்தினைத் தொடர்ந்து கமல் நடிக்க திட்டமிட்ட படம் 'உத்தம வில்லன்'. இப்படத்தின் கதை, திரைக்கதை கமல்ஹாசன் எழுத, ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் இயக்க திட்டமிட்டார்கள். 'விஸ்வரூபம் 2' படத்தின் பணிகள் இறுதிகட்டத்தில் இருக்கும் நிலையில், 'உத்தம வில்லன்' படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு பெங்களூரில் தொடங்கியது.

கமலுடன் யாரெல்லாம் நடிக்கிறார்கள் என்பது குறித்து பல்வேறு தகவல்கள் வெளியானாலும் படக்குழு அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக அறிவிக்காமல் இருந்தார்கள்.

இந்நிலையில் 'உத்தம வில்லன்' படக்குழு, யாரெல்லாம் என்ன பாத்திரத்தில் நடித்து வருகிறார்கள் என்பதை அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக இன்று (சனிக்கிழமை) அறிவித்து இருக்கிறது.

அவர்கள் வெளியிட்டுள்ள செய்திக்குறிப்பில் கூறியிருப்பது,"உத்தமன் என்ற 8ம் நூற்றாண்டுக் கூத்துக் கலைஞன் பாத்திரத்திலும், மனோரஞ்சன் என்ற 21ம் நூற்றாண்டின் சினிமா உச்ச நட்சத்திரமாக மற்றொரு பாத்திரத்திலும் கமல் நடித்து வருகிறார்.

மனோரஞ்சனை கண்டெடுத்து நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்திற்கு உயர்த்திய, குருவாக சினிமா இயக்குநர் கே.பாலசந்தர் நடிக்கிறார். மனோரஞ்சனின் மனைவியாக ஊர்வசியும், மனோரஞ்சனின் மாமனாராக இயக்குநர் விஸ்வநாத்தும் நடிக்கின்றனர்.

8ம் நூற்றாண்டில் நடக்கும் உத்தம வில்லனின் கதையில் மனநோயால் பாதிக்கப்பட்ட இளவரசியாக பூஜா குமாரும், 21ம் நூற்றாண்டுக் கமலின் ரகசியக் காதலியாக ஆண்ட்ரியாவும் நடிக்கின்றனர்.

முத்தரசன் என்ற 8ம் நூற்றாண்டுக் கொடுங்கோல் சர்வாதிகாரியாக நாசரும், ஜோசப் ஜக்காரியா என்ற பாத்திரத்தில் ஜெயராமும், ஜெயராமின் வளர்ப்பு மகளாக முக்கிய பாத்திரத்தில் பார்வதி மேனன் நடிக்கிறார்கள். எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கர் சொக்கு செட்டியார் என்ற நினைவில் நிற்கக் கூடிய ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்கிறார்.

இப்படத்தின் கதை, திரைக்கதையை கமல்ஹாசன் எழுத, இயக்கி வருகிறார் ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த். ஒளிப்பதிவு ஷாம்தத், படத்தொகுப்பு விஜய் சங்கர், பாடல்கள் கமல்ஹாசன் மற்றும் விவேகா, இசை ஜிப்ரான் உள்ளிட்டோர் பணியாற்றி வருகிறார்கள். இப்படத்தினை தயாரித்து வருகிறார் சுபாஷ் சந்திரபோஸ்" என்று கூறியுள்ளார்கள்.

George Thomas
15th March 2014, 03:29 PM

But CR,director Rajesh is a part of the crew right? How does that make sense if it was not a comedy film?

Russellyhd
15th March 2014, 05:29 PM
But CR,director Rajesh is a part of the crew right? How does that make sense if it was not a comedy film?

no...he s nt part of the crew

Adox
17th March 2014, 04:06 PM
Andrea who has been part of Kamalhassan's blockbuster film Viswaroopam and also its sequel which is under production, has been roped in to play a role in the Padma Bhushan actor's next Uttama Villain. The Aayirathil Oruvan actress will be playing the role of the secret lover of Kamal;s character of a film superstar Manoranjan, who is already married to the character played by Oorvasi.

Andrea has posted in her official Facebook page that she has begun shooting for the Ramesh Aravind directorial venture today. She has also revealed that former heroine Guathami will design her costumes in the film.

Uttama Villain is being jointly produced by Tirupathi Brothers and Raajkamal Films International. The film has music by Ghibran while Kamalhassan has written the script. The film is currently progressing in Bangalore.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Andrea-begins-her-third-with-Kamalhassan-tamil-news-104810

Cinemarasigan
17th March 2014, 07:15 PM
Andrea who has been part of Kamalhassan's blockbuster film Viswaroopam and also its sequel which is under production, has been roped in to play a role in the Padma Bhushan actor's next Uttama Villain. The Aayirathil Oruvan actress will be playing the role of the secret lover of Kamal;s character of a film superstar Manoranjan, who is already married to the character played by Oorvasi.

Andrea has posted in her official Facebook page that she has begun shooting for the Ramesh Aravind directorial venture today. She has also revealed that former heroine Guathami will design her costumes in the film.

Uttama Villain is being jointly produced by Tirupathi Brothers and Raajkamal Films International. The film has music by Ghibran while Kamalhassan has written the script. The film is currently progressing in Bangalore.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Andrea-begins-her-third-with-Kamalhassan-tamil-news-104810

OK...it is official now that Andrea is part of Uttama Villain...

Dorothyrmi
18th March 2014, 11:00 PM
Ramesh Aravind ‏@Ramesh_aravind 36m
After a gud shoot of 2 weeks in Banglore ,UttamaVillain continues in Chennai from tomor.

Cinemarasigan
19th March 2014, 11:00 AM
Is this the official twitter handle of Ramesh Aravind? if yes, it is a very good news...

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 01:37 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/2014-03-19-Theyyam-artiste-does-Kamal-Haasans-make-up-for-Uthama-Villain

உத்தம வில்லன் படத்திற்காக நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசனுக்கு மேக்-அப் செய்தவர் தீயம் கலைஞர்

புகைப்படத்தில் இருக்கும் இந்த டிஸைன் கேரளாவில் மலபார் பகுதியில் கொண்டாடப்படும் தேயம் என்கிற கலையின் வடிவமாம். இந்த நாட்டியத்தின் கலைஞர்கள் இது போன்றுதான் மேக்கப் போட்டு ஆடுவார்களாம். இதனைத்தான் அந்த பிரெஞ்சு புகைப்படக்காரர் புகைப்படமாக எடுத்து தனது வலைத்தளத்தில் வைத்துள்ளார்.

இந்நிலையில், சர்ச்சை குறித்து நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசனின் வட்டாரம் வெளியிட்டுள்ள தகவலில், போஸ்டர் மற்றும் புகைப்படம் ஆகிய இரண்டும் ஒன்றை ஒன்று ஒத்ததாக தீயம் கலை வடிவத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தும் வகையில் இருப்பதற்கான வாய்ப்புகள் உள்ளன.

கேரளா நாட்டை சேர்ந்த தீயம் கலையின் 3வது தலைமுறையை சேர்ந்த ஒருவர்தான் நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசனின் முகத்தில் வர்ணம் பூசி உள்ளார் என்றும் எனவே, இதில் ஏமாற்று வேலை என்பதற்கான கேள்விக்கு இடமில்லை என்றும் தெரிவித்துள்ளது.

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 02:20 PM
http://tamilcinema24.com/news-id-why-uthama-villain-team-shifted-to-chennai-kamal-haasan-19-03-147075.htm

Why Uthama Villain team shifted to Chennai?

Kamal Haasan had planned to complete the shooting of Uthama Villain in various locations in Karnataka and the shooting was in progress at Bengaluru for the past few days. But out of the blue, the team shifted base to Chennai and it is now said that the shooting will recommence in the city.

Sources say that the decision to make a move was taken after the Kannada Producers’ Union threatened to stage a protest if the shooting continued in the city. However, there is no exact info on what provoked the protest.

But sources close to the Uthama Villain team say that the shooting was shifted to Chennai as per plans made earlier and there were no protest as claimed by a section of the media.

dell_gt
21st March 2014, 07:01 AM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OwAAAImWFi72RVkTAUHcWpXBpvQ6lFNy1rY2AyvbLJ9riYOhBK xvYmvDFxGNcfchoHzhkErlvnMec19SoOrGnJal_D0Am1T1UJIk FOL40RyZhcxauypTue_tgCus.jpg

Andrea Jeremiah
Chilling with super sweet co-actor #ParvathyMenon during #UthammaVillain shoot

Cinemarasigan
21st March 2014, 09:41 AM
super cool pics... Andrea looks beautiful..

dell_gt
21st March 2014, 09:47 AM
super cool pics... Andrea looks beautiful..

yea n looks like she lost some kg's.. but my vote for the other gal :)

avavh3
21st March 2014, 03:20 PM
:2thumbsup:

Russellyhd
21st March 2014, 05:37 PM
enamaa rumour otraanga.. :lol2:

http://tamilcinema24.com/news-id-rajinikanth-kamal-haasan-21-03-147095.htm

Rajini to do a cameo in Kamal’s Uthama Villain

Sources are rife with the news that Rajinikanth will be seen in a cameo in the Kamal Haasan starrer Uthama Villain. Both the stars had shared the screen space in several blockbusters early in their career but at one point decided to stop working to together.

For Uthama Villain, Rajini will be seen in a video conferencing scene. It may be mentioned here that Kamal plays dual roles in the film and Rajini will be seen talking to the character Manoranjan through video conferencing. We also hear that Rajini will appear as his own self.

Russellyhd
21st March 2014, 05:46 PM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-exclusive-images/images/uthama-villain-exclusive-images05.jpg

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-exclusive-images/images/uthama-villain-exclusive-images02.jpg

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-exclusive-images/images/uthama-villain-exclusive-images01.jpg

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-exclusive-images/images/uthama-villain-exclusive-images04.jpg

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/uthama-villain-exclusive-images/images/uthama-villain-exclusive-images03.jpg

avavh3
22nd March 2014, 03:05 PM
may be true kaarthi. uv is about cine star, his raise and fall. they may keep a scene where kh and rk act in some movie set. they have several blockbusters together. i feel that would add to the flavour of uv.
who is the other person in the first pic?

HonestRaj
22nd March 2014, 07:34 PM
who is the girl with gouthami? is she her daughter mahalakshmi?

hattori_hanzo
22nd March 2014, 08:47 PM
who is the girl with gouthami? is she her daughter mahalakshmi?

HR, ennaachu? Thats Andrea.

Adox
23rd March 2014, 03:39 AM
Is Vivek part of UV ? His name was mentioned early on but dont hear about him in the cast off late.

Has been wishing to act with KH for a long time ....

Cinemarasigan
24th March 2014, 04:10 PM
Is Vivek part of UV ? His name was mentioned early on but dont hear about him in the cast off late.

Has been wishing to act with KH for a long time ....

I feel KH should accommodate Vivek in this movie.. Don't know what is in KH and ramesh Aravind's mind...

dell_gt
25th March 2014, 09:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjgTqnhCcAA2oXQ.jpg

Ramesh Aravind ‏@Ramesh_aravind 12h
Honored to direct DadaSahebPhalke KB sir with whom I started my filmi journey.#UttamaVillain pic.twitter.com/gmyjZUUGfE

dell_gt
25th March 2014, 09:46 AM
With K Balachander sir on the set of @Uttama_Villain

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjfZpPdIYAAt79N.jpg

dell_gt
25th March 2014, 09:54 AM
If Tamil superstar Rajnikanth plays a historical figure, can the other super hero of the state, Kamal Hassan, be far behind.

There is this unwritten, unspoken competing spirit between the two giants of the Tamil cinema industry.

Some may call this rivalry. But is it this? Or, is it just plain healthy competition.

The answer to this came long years ago, when some one asked Kamal if he would act in a work that had Rajnikanth as well. Hassan smiled and said no producer would be able to afford the two of them together.

Getting back to history, in Kochadaiiyaan, Rajnikanth dons the role of a Pandiyan king, Kochadaiiyaan Ranadhiran, who ruled from 710 to 735 AD. The film in 3D adopting what is called “performance capture technology” (presumably the first ever time an India movie is using this), talks about a monarch who is actually not well known.

History texts have hardly anything to say about him, except that he ruled from his capital city of Mangalapuram (Mangalore) as the head of the Pandyan dynasty. This was one of the three most important dynasties in south India, the other two being Cheran and Cholan.

Thanks to Rajnikanth and his upcoming film, the Pandyan king is bound to rise from the rustiness of history and shine. Who knows, texts may add new pages on him.

Now Hassan is getting into history all right by essaying an 8th century folk artist, Uttaman, in the under-production movie, Uttama Villain. Like in the case of Ranadhiran, hardly anything is known about Uttaman. We will wait for Hassan to enlighten us.

However, the actor will portray not just Uttaman in the picture, but also a 21st century cinema superstar, Manoranjan.

Kamal has always been enamoured of dual or multi roles. We saw his Dasavatharam – where he appears as 10 different characters. This was a humungous progress – if one may call it so — from the quadruplets he essayed in both Michael Madana Kama Rajan and Apoorva Sagodharargal.

Even in Viswaroopam, Hassan transforms from a feminine dance master to an Intelligence officer. Such, it seems, is his passion to act out diverse characters in the run time of one single film.

Uttama Villain will see him as a gentle folk/drama artist and a popular star, and will have the legendary Tamil director, K Balachander — whom Kamal describes as his mentor – also as a mentor on the screen.

Uttama Villain will also have another helmer, K. Vishwanath – who has directed Kamal in several Telugu classics — as Uttaman’s father-in-law. Andrea Jeremiah will pair with Manoranjan, while Pooja Kumar enacts an emotionally disturbed princess in love with Uttaman.

Ramesh Aravind will direct the movie, whose story and script have been penned by Hassan himself.

In Kamal’s long career which began with the 1960 Gemini Ganesh-Savithri starrer, Kalathur Kannamma, (where Hassan is a mere child), his best works have been those that told us very personal stories, like Nayagan, Moondram Pirai, Ek Duje Ke Liye and Sagar. His wide-canvas films with multiple characters have been less impressive and less endearing.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/leisure/2014/03/25/kamal-like-rajni-to-step-into-history/

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2014, 02:47 PM
Cameraman with KB.. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjj11GOCUAAmk4q.jpg

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2014, 03:13 PM
One more imaged tweeted by Jayaram.. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjj1bU4CcAADTZJ.jpg

Cinemarasigan
25th March 2014, 04:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjYkp0jCQAAYwCE.jpg

dell_gt
26th March 2014, 06:43 AM
Three ‘K’s of Kollywood come together in a frame

It's now widely known that Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain will have legendary directors K Balachander and K Viswanath in important roles. But what's interesting is that director Ramesh Aravind got all the three biggies — Balachander, Viswanath and Kamal — in a single frame. Sources close to the team reveal that Ramesh is feeling honoured to capture all the three directors in one frame.

Meanwhile, the team is presently shooting in Chennai for the 21st century portions of Kamal, in which the actor plays a cinema superstar. "The team will be shooting in a plethora of locales in the city, which include five star hotels, studios and big houses, among others till mid April. Andrea, who is playing superstar Kamal's love interest, is also shooting along with the team here," adds our source.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Three-Ks-of-Kollywood-come-together-in-a-frame/articleshow/32671144.cms

dell_gt
26th March 2014, 07:04 AM
Three ‘K’s of Kollywood come together in a frame

It's now widely known that Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain will have legendary directors K Balachander and K Viswanath in important roles. But what's interesting is that director Ramesh Aravind got all the three biggies — Balachander, Viswanath and Kamal — in a single frame. Sources close to the team reveal that Ramesh is feeling honoured to capture all the three directors in one frame.

Meanwhile, the team is presently shooting in Chennai for the 21st century portions of Kamal, in which the actor plays a cinema superstar. "The team will be shooting in a plethora of locales in the city, which include five star hotels, studios and big houses, among others till mid April. Andrea, who is playing superstar Kamal's love interest, is also shooting along with the team here," adds our source.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Three-Ks-of-Kollywood-come-together-in-a-frame/articleshow/32671144.cms

Russellyhd
26th March 2014, 09:08 PM
Kameela nasser ‏@nasser_kameela 1h

Nasser is super xcited about UTHAMA VILLAIN. Given 26 days for 1st schdule. Playing Mutharasan, villain of 8th century..

nickraman
26th March 2014, 10:04 PM
As per #Kumudham:

UttamaVillain is a reincarnation story,that 8th century #Theyyam Artist #KamalHaasan will be reborn as 21st century #Superstar

Praying it doesn't touch nonsensical level of Saarugaan's Om Shanti Om.

pushpak
26th March 2014, 10:38 PM
As per #Kumudham:

UttamaVillain is a reincarnation story,that 8th century #Theyyam Artist #KamalHaasan will be reborn as 21st century #Superstar

True.. But if it collects like that we won't complain :)

dell_gt
27th March 2014, 08:01 AM
For Ramesh, life comes full circle

The Kannada actor, who was launched by K Balachander, has helmed the legendary director recently in Uthama Villain

Sandalwood's popular actor-director Ramesh Aravind is not only directing Kamal Haasan in his new film, Uthama Villain, but also K Balachander, the legendary Tamil director who launched the likes of Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan. Amid his busy schedule — he is racing to wrap the film up by May 31— Ramesh Aravind had a quick chat with Mirror.

How was it directing the legend?
He is still awesome though he is in his late 80s. My first releases in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu were directed by him. It was a thrilling experience and yeah, life has indeed come a full circle.

Tell us about his role.
Balachander plays an important role of mentor to the hero, played by Kamal Haasan. K Viswanath plays another stellar role apart from five ladies; Pooja Kumar, Andrea, Parvathi Menon, Urvashi and Parvathi Nair.

It was Balachander who delayed your directorial debut 15 years ago...
Yeah, that's true. He told me that you can direct as long as your brain is active, but the hero status you have is very rare and 'limited by physical capacity'.

What does the film talk about?
Uthama Villain means good/bad man. That's all of us, I guess. Literally, it means 'good villain', but you know we will have more than that simple an explanation.

We hear it's a full-length comedy.
It is a family drama with a big comedy block. Kamalji will play a 21st century superstar and 8th century folk artiste. A big spectacle is in store.

Have you written some of the dialogues for Uthama Villain?
No. It is Kamal's script entirely.

Even during your greatest box-office run in Sandalwood, you were accused of aping Kamal.
Frankly, I was hugely inspired by him. Still am. But other actors inside me don't get noticed perhaps because of the physical resemblance we do share. But over the years, I guess everyone develops their own style. You can't survive 150 films as the leading man otherwise.

Uthama Villain is rich in experience.
Of course. Balachander has directed over 100 films. Kamal has 250, Urvashi 500 and so on. I think we have a 1,000-film history behind the unit. It's a pleasure to direct the legends and some of the youngsters.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/south-masala/For-Ramesh-life-comes-full-circle/articleshow/32736902.cms?

dell_gt
27th March 2014, 09:28 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjtHmMMCMAAWkEA.jpg

Kamal Haasan Fans ‏@KamalHaasanFans 5m
One more Wall Painting Promotion for #Vishwaroopam2 #UttamaVillain

Cinemarasigan
27th March 2014, 10:21 AM
As per #Kumudham:

+1. Hope it would be a Feel good film with good performances from lead artists along with good comedy. KB and Vishwanath are also there...

Adox
27th March 2014, 05:42 PM
'Uttama Villain' to be wrapped up in May

Yesterday we reported that the shooting of 'Ulaganayagan' Kamal Haasan's upcoming film Uttam Villain is progressing in Chennai and the current schedule will go on till the mid of April. Scenes that include Kamal Haasan, veteran directors K.Balachander and K.Vishwanath., actress Andrea will be shot in this schedule.

Now the latest we hear from a source close to the unit is that director Ramesh Aravind plans to wrap up the entire shoot within May 31 so that Kamal can move on to his next project. Kamal had given bulk dates for Uttama Villain which is being jointly produced by Tirupathi Brothers and Rajkamal Films International.

After completing Uttama Villain, the Padma Bhushan actor will take up the Tamil remake of Malayalam super hit film Drishyam that will be directed by Jeetu Joseph who directed the original with Mohanlal in the lead role. The yet to be titled Tamil version of the film is likely to commence in June.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Uttama-Villain-to-be-wrapped-up-in-May-tamil-news-105356

dell_gt
28th March 2014, 06:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjwBZ_QCAAAmCjp.jpg

Team #UttamaVillain on the sets. Pooja Kumar is back :)

dell_gt
28th March 2014, 06:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjwC9TeCUAEVx6-.jpg

Cinemarasigan
28th March 2014, 11:56 AM
Pooja Kumar starts shooting for Uttama Villain...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjo_v5yCUAACkeb.jpg

Cinemarasigan
28th March 2014, 12:14 PM
Tweeted by Ramesh Arvind..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BivTKjMCQAELJzU.jpg

avavh3
29th March 2014, 01:21 PM
Pooja Kumar starts shooting for Uttama Villain...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjo_v5yCUAACkeb.jpg

its sad there is no smiley to depict "jollu" :(

Cinemarasigan
1st April 2014, 10:46 AM
its sad there is no smiley to depict "jollu" :(

:slurp: :tongueout: idhu rendum irukke..

avavh3
1st April 2014, 11:18 AM
:cool2:

dell_gt
8th April 2014, 02:58 PM
Padma Bhushan Kamal Haasan is currently working round the clock for Uttama Villain, directed by Ramesh Arvind and presented by Thirrupathi Brothers. We hear that the film's shoots will be completed by May 31st across Chennai and Bangalore, and that it may release for Vinayaga Chathurti, which falls on Friday, August 29th.

It must be noted that Thirrupathi Brothers' Suriya starrer Anjaan is set for release on August 15th. If things go according to plan, two weeks later, they will be presenting another biggie in the form of Uttama Villain, to the audiences.

Andrea, Pooja Kumar and Parvathi are the lead actresses in Uttama Villain while the likes of Jayaram, K.Balachander, K.Vishwanath, Nasser and Urvashi would also have pivotal roles in this film, which happens in two time periods.

Ghibran scores music for Uttama Villain, which is a much-expected film for all cinema lovers this year.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/uttama-villain-aka-uthama-villains-pacy-progression.html

Russellyhd
11th April 2014, 12:40 PM
Jayaram

Its an honour to work with the legend K Viswanathan sir.. #UttamaVillain. pic.twitter.com/rPEPbj4ZAn

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-tweets-today-296/images/celebrity-tweets-today-29606.jpg

dell_gt
11th April 2014, 01:02 PM
Parvathy romances Kamal Haasan's son

Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain boasts several actresses and the latest to join the film's team is Bangalore girl Parvathy Nair. The actress romances Kamal Haasan's son in the film.

Ask her how she bagged the role and she says, "The team had called upcoming actresses for screen tests for a particular role. One of the casting agents sent my pictures. I was shooting for an advertisement in Bangalore then. The agent called me and said that they were happy with my pictures. I was asked to take a screen test, where I had to enact a scene impromptu. The assistant directors shot the video. I heard that Ramesh and Kamal sir liked my performance and I got the role. It is an honour to be a part of the team."

The actress is tight-lipped about her role. However, a source says, "She plays a 19-year-old in the film, and romances Kamal's son played by newbie Ashwin. Currently, they are shooting in Bangalore. She is quite excited and nervous!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Parvathy-romances-Kamal-Haasans-son/articleshow/33560622.cms

Adox
19th April 2014, 06:11 PM
Uttama Villain' team to visit Australia

Kamal Haasan's next Uttama Villain is progressing at a brisk pace. The team lead by the director Ramesh Aravind has completed the fist schedule in Bangalore and the second schedule is progressing in Chennai. Entirely talkie portions were shot in these two schedules.

Now the latest we hear is the team will be heading to Australia on April 26, to shoot the songs composed by Ghibran for the film. The song shooting in Australia is scheduled to happen till May 3.

As we all know Uttama Villai stars Kamal in dual roles and a host of stars including Andrea, Poojakumar, Parvathy Menon, Jayaram, Oorvasi, Nasser, K.Balachander and K.Vishwanath among others. The film produced by director N.Lingsamy's Tirupathi Brothers and Rajkamal Films International is expected to hit the screens in the month of August.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Uttama-Villain-team-to-visit-Australia-tamil-news-106408

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd April 2014, 12:13 AM
New pics

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10250270_1468585223373201_6833564282273585547_n.jp g

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd April 2014, 12:14 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10269547_1468585343373189_4533591878727229354_n.jp g

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd April 2014, 12:15 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1488126_1468585296706527_7825298936051412006_n.jpg

hattori_hanzo
23rd April 2014, 03:48 AM
Arvind, are these Uthama Villain shooting stills? Veera Vilaiyaatu is the title of the movie Kamal (Manoranjan) acts?

venkkiram
23rd April 2014, 09:21 AM
New pics

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10250270_1468585223373201_6833564282273585547_n.jp g

இவர் ஏன் இந்த வயசிலும் தன்னை மேடை நாயகனாக வெளிக்காட்ட விரும்புகிறார்? யதார்த்தத்தை விட்டு கனவுலகத்திற்கு செல்வதாகவே தோன்றுகிறது.. மேக்கப் சாதனங்கள் எவ்வளவு பயன்படுத்தினாலும், வயது காட்டிக் கொடுத்துவிடும் அல்லவா? தசாவதாரம், விஸ்வரூபத்திலேயே அவரது வயோதிகம் மேக்கப்பை மீறி வெளியெ துருத்திக் கொண்டு தெரிந்தது. ரொம்பவே ரிஸ்க் எடுக்கிறார். இதுபோன்ற பாத்திர விஷயங்களில்..

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd April 2014, 09:50 AM
^ He is playing his age according to many reports and apparently also has a son who's in love with Parvathi Menon's character. So can't understand as to what the actual problem is ?

dell_gt
23rd April 2014, 10:50 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=533253783462142&set=vb.100003325764331&type=2&theater

check out the video :)

Cinefan
23rd April 2014, 01:04 PM
^ He is playing his age according to many reports and apparently also has a son who's in love with Parvathi Menon's character. So can't understand as to what the actual problem is ?

Yes,Reports say he plays an ageing Superstar.Don't know what can be a problem with that.It's quite common still for 50 + aged actors to play lead roles,in India and abroad.

"Veera Vilayattu" would be the film,the Superstar character going by the name of Manoranjan acts in.

They would have probably shot a scene where the character comes to a multiplex for a premiere show or something like that.

Which mall is this I wonder?

Adox
23rd April 2014, 04:13 PM
Kamal in 'Veera Vilaiyattu'

Padma Bhushan actor Kamal Haasan will be acting in a film titled 'Veera Vilaiyattu'. We know that the 'Ulaganayagan' currently has 'Viswaroopam2' and 'Uttama Villain' in hand and he will be taking up the Tamil remake of Malayalam super hit film 'Drishyam' possibly form June. When will he allocate dates for this film?

The answer is that the star need not allocate separate dates for 'Veera Vilaiyattu' and he can actually act in the film with the dates he has allocated for 'Uttama Villain'. Perplexed?

We all know that Kamal is acting as a film superstar 'Manoranjan' in 'Uttama Villain'. 'Veera Vilaiyattu' is a film that 'Manoranjan' will be acting 'Uttama Villain' and it is not an actual film that Kamal will be acting in his real life.

'Uttama Villain' a multi starrer that has Pooja Kumar, Andrea, Parvathy Menon, Jayaram, Ooravasi. K.Balachander and K.Vishwanath among others is being directed by Ramesh Aravind. The film is progressing at a rapid speed and plans are on to release the film before Deepavali.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Kamal-in-Veera-Vilaiyattu-tamil-news-106540

Adox
23rd April 2014, 08:02 PM
இவர் ஏன் இந்த வயசிலும் தன்னை மேடை நாயகனாக வெளிக்காட்ட விரும்புகிறார்? யதார்த்தத்தை விட்டு கனவுலகத்திற்கு செல்வதாகவே தோன்றுகிறது.. மேக்கப் சாதனங்கள் எவ்வளவு பயன்படுத்தினாலும், வயது காட்டிக் கொடுத்துவிடும் அல்லவா? தசாவதாரம், விஸ்வரூபத்திலேயே அவரது வயோதிகம் மேக்கப்பை மீறி வெளியெ துருத்திக் கொண்டு தெரிந்தது. ரொம்பவே ரிஸ்க் எடுக்கிறார். இதுபோன்ற பாத்திர விஷயங்களில்..

The market decides whether he's appropriate for a role be it romantic or an aging star or whatever. Thats the bottom line. The above mentioned movies Dasa or VR were blockbusters and well accepted to say the least. I'm not sure what the issue is ...

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd April 2014, 09:49 PM
"Veera Vilayattu"- Sarcasm gone wrong I feel..makes it so very obvious that its a satirical take on superstardom, a theme that's already been tried and tested in films like Vellithirai. Could have been a lot more subtler IMHO

Cinemarasigan
25th April 2014, 05:04 PM
Ulaganayagan #Kamalhaasan Spotted @ Bangalore Mall For #UthamaVillain Shooting

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl-4dIlCQAA2-yI.jpg

Russellyhd
29th April 2014, 02:53 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/article/tamil-cinema-news-movie-film/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%A E%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8D% E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%86%E0%AE%B8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%B0%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2-%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF-114042900020_1.html

உத்தம வில்லன் செல்லவிருப்பது ஆஸ்ட்ரேலியா அல்ல துருக்கி

உத்தம வில்லன் படக்குழு இன்னும் சில தினங்களில் துருக்கி செல்கிறது. அங்கு பாடல் காட்சியை படமாக்குகின்றனர்.

பெங்களூருவில் தொடங்கிய உத்தம வில்லன் படப்பிடிப்பு இடைவெளியில்லாம் நடந்து வருகிறது. செப்டம்பர் 10 ஆம் தேதி படத்தை வெளியிடுவதாக ஏற்கனவே அறிவித்துள்ளனர். தற்போது கமலின் மனோரஞ்சன் என்ற 21 ஆம் நூற்றாண்டு தமிழ் சினிமா நடிகர் வேடம் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட காட்சிகளை படமாக்கி வருகின்றனர். இதையடுத்து எட்டாம் நூற்றாண்டைச் சேர்ந்த உத்தமன் என்ற நாடக கலைஞன் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட காட்சிகளை எடுக்கின்றனர்.

அதற்குமுன் துருக்கி சென்று பாடல் காட்சியை படமாக்க உள்ளனர்.

முதலில் உத்தம வில்லன் குழு ஆஸ்ட்ரேலியா செல்வதாகதான் இருந்தனர். இப்போது பயணத் திட்டம் துருக்கிக்கு மாறியுள்ளது. இந்த பாடல் காட்சியில் கமலுடன் ஆண்ட்ரியா நடிக்க உள்ளார்.

உத்தம வில்லனை ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் இயக்க, கிரேஸி மோகன் வசனம் எழுதுகிறார். இசை ஜிப்ரான். கமலும், லிங்குசாமியின் திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸும் இணைந்து படத்தை தயாரிக்கிறார்கள்.

dell_gt
7th May 2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-metroplus/article5983500.ece

Ramesh Arvind talks about his dream project, Utthama Villain , his directorial venture that will star three great contributors to Indian cinema, Kamal Haasan, K. Balachander and K. Vishwanath

As a young actor, Ramesh suggested his interpretation of a scene they were going to enact to his co-star who was also the director. The man heard him out and said, “There are various ways to do the same scene. We’ll do it my way today. But mark my words you’ll make a good director.” “Today, I find that very profound,” says Ramesh. He should know. He’s directing three of the greatest contributors to Indian cinema (Kamal, K. Balachander and K. Vishwanath), not only in terms of numbers but content too.

With an actor of Kamal’s immeasurable talent, you need a director who can confidently tell him what not to do. ‘Utthama Villain’ will be a Kamal film with Ramesh Arvind’s touch. I catch him before he flies to Turkey to shoot a song.

Has life come a full circle?

Absolutely. Directing three of the directors I admire, KB, K.Vishwanath and Kamal as actors is something great. It’s not only the talent. They’re such bright minds. We’ve worked on the script for a long time, but KB and KV would improvise on the spot. It would be something we hadn’t even thought of. The whole experience is humbling. When I met KV for the first time, I told him that I greatly admired his films like ‘Sagara Sangamam’ and ‘Swathi Muthyam’. I told him I was open to any suggestions provided I like them. I was floored when he said he could have performed hundreds of surgeries but today he was a patient. “You cut me anywhere,” said the great man. What a way to put it. If you add up the number of films my cast — including Jayaram and Urvashi — have worked in it would be more than a 1,000 films. Above all they’re nice human beings. I remember standing in the queue to watch Kamal’s, KB’s and KV’s films. Now here I have them, all in a single frame and I’m directing them.

Kamal is not someone who does favours, professionally at least when his reputation is at stake. Why do you think he chose you?

Nobody in his right sense will do such a favour, especially handing over the director’s seat. He must have seen something in me. He’s been telling me for a long time that I’m wasting my time just acting. He always tries to promote people he believes in. He gave me the chance in ‘Rama Shama Bhama’ and it worked for both of us. We’re surprised it took so long to get together again. We wanted to do this film keeping in mind what people expect from Kamal. It’s about relationships and also has comedy which is our forte, so he probably thought I should helm it.

When Kamal writes the story and screenplay of a film, they say the director can never have creative control...

I think that’s a wrong term. That’s where all the problems in the world are. I keep telling everyone it’s not about controlling things. It’s about doing things well. Cinema is a collaborative art. It’s about getting things done without ruffling feathers. I know him for a long time, which is an advantage. We’d have discussed so much that these things don’t arise on the sets. It’s his script basically. I’ve had no problems. Having such a brilliant mind like Kamal, I’d be stupid not to use his suggestions, the right ones at least. I take an intelligent input from anyone on the set. We don’t live in times when a director sits on a chair and shouts orders.

From a fan to co-star to a friend to directing him, Kamal seems to have become a part of your life.

Undoubtedly! He’s been a part of my psyche. There are others too but Kamal has been a part of my growing up years. He was a huge star when I was in high school. Most of the people on the sets have grown up on his films. It’s a treasured friendship. It’s been smooth sailing so far. We decided right at the beginning that our personal rapport never gets disturbed by anything that happens on the set. We’re mature enough to collaborate without egos involved.

Was it a conscious decision not to act in the film?

There’s no role that suits me. You may see me in a cameo. Basically, it’s a huge responsibility. I need to keep an eye on the monitor all the time.

It’s not only Kamal. How do you go and tell a KB how to act?

That was not a problem. When they know my intentions are clean, it’s smooth. Things go wrong when the tone of your appeal is wrong. However big he may be, if the request is reasonable, anyone will listen. My nature is to tell people in the sweetest possible way. Nobody has created any problems. They only question me about their character’s intentions and motives which I find absolutely valid.

Having such a brilliant mind like Kamal, I'd be stupid not to use his suggestions. We don't live in times when a director sits on a chair and shouts orders

dell_gt
7th May 2014, 02:14 PM
http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/kannada/movies/news-interviews/Ramesh-Aravind-captures-fabulous-character-of-Istanbul-in-Uttama-Villian/articleshow/34736290.cms

Director-actor Ramesh Aravind came back from Turkey to Bangalore on Monday, where he went to shoot some important scenes for his directorial venture, Uttama Villian. The Tamil film stars Kamal Haasan, Jayaram, Andrea Jeremiah, Pooja Kumar and Parvathi in lead roles.

Talking about his experience of filming in Istanbul, the melting pot of eastern and western civilizations, Ramesh says, "Istanbul has a fabulous character, where you can still find the old world charm and some amazing skyscrapers."

Expressing his happiness about the outcome of the Turkish sojourn, Ramesh says, "We shot a song number featuring Kamal and Pooja. As always Kamal was at his best. The shoot of the film is one big marathon. We shoot almost every day, and when we don't, we either rehearse or prepare for the next day schedule."

Cinemarasigan
7th May 2014, 04:04 PM
http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/kannada/movies/news-interviews/Ramesh-Aravind-captures-fabulous-character-of-Istanbul-in-Uttama-Villian/articleshow/34736290.cms

Director-actor Ramesh Aravind came back from Turkey to Bangalore on Monday, where he went to shoot some important scenes for his directorial venture, Uttama Villian. The Tamil film stars Kamal Haasan, Jayaram, Andrea Jeremiah, Pooja Kumar and Parvathi in lead roles.

Talking about his experience of filming in Istanbul, the melting pot of eastern and western civilizations, Ramesh says, "Istanbul has a fabulous character, where you can still find the old world charm and some amazing skyscrapers."

Expressing his happiness about the outcome of the Turkish sojourn, Ramesh says, "We shot a song number featuring Kamal and Pooja. As always Kamal was at his best. The shoot of the film is one big marathon. We shoot almost every day, and when we don't, we either rehearse or prepare for the next day schedule."

There are rumours that the film may be releasing on August 8th..

dell_gt
7th May 2014, 04:14 PM
There are rumours that the film may be releasing on August 8th..

so the question...who is coming 1st.. mano ranjan or wisam ahmad kashmiri? :)

avavh3
7th May 2014, 04:30 PM
it should be VR2 or else the tempo and flavor VR created will evaporate.

mappi
7th May 2014, 04:48 PM
My personal preference would be Wisam. Can't wait to see how the story gets unfolded and an epic adventure in India. Last but not least, Who is Wisam ?

As UV had put it Uthama Villan comming ahead could dilute the anticipation for VR2, but Uthama Villan releasing ahead could also be a nice wait-watch for us, fans, before the actual action explodes. It could also serve its purpose : "1 serious film - 1 light film" track of Kamal.

Does anyone know the reasons for the delay of VR2 making/release ?

dell_gt
7th May 2014, 05:37 PM
My personal preference would be Wisam. Can't wait to see how the story gets unfolded and an epic adventure in India. Last but not least, Who is Wisam ?

As UV had put it Uthama Villan comming ahead could dilute the anticipation for VR2, but Uthama Villan releasing ahead could also be a nice wait-watch for us, fans, before the actual action explodes. It could also serve its purpose : "1 serious film - 1 light film" track of Kamal.

Does anyone know the reasons for the delay of VR2 making/release ?

Am with you.. we need Wisam 1st..