PDA

View Full Version : Danush in Velaiyilla Pattathari | Amala Paul | Anirudh

NOV
5th February 2014, 08:44 AM
http://sathiyam.tv/english/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/658179823velaiyilla_pattathari001.jpg

Velaiyilla Pattathari, a comedy on rising unemployment and the growing frustration among the youth, is produced by Dhanush and directed by cinematographer, Velraj. Music is by Anirudh Ravichander and Kola Bhaskar is the editor.

Amala Paul plays the role of a doctor, while Samuthirakani and Saranya Ponvannan are cast as Dhanush's parents.

NOV
5th February 2014, 08:45 AM
First look Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI3ZQvSHHKk

NOV
5th February 2014, 08:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q71/1609651_604262789646636_951256410_n.jpg

1. "Velaiyilla Pattathari" - Anirudh Ravichander
2. "Unknown" - Dhanush, S. Janaki
3. "Vela Vela" - Sivakarthikeyan

Lyrics by Danush

Russellyhd
5th February 2014, 08:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q71/s720x720/1555356_538893429558597_2127102230_n.jpg

Russellyhd
7th February 2014, 11:34 AM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/velaiyilla-pattathari-latest-posters/images/velaiyilla-pattathari-latest-posters01.jpg

Anban
7th February 2014, 02:55 PM
Bring on the utter flop buster

Parthyy
7th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Noise pollution music director Anirudh... Except Vanakam chennai..His Music just a pain to ears

Russellyhd
7th February 2014, 03:20 PM
In the poster... 'Poetu' Dhanush :lol:

NOV
7th February 2014, 06:35 PM
So much heartburn for growing talents :lol2:

I am sure both the film and the songs will turn out amazing! :p

mappi
7th February 2014, 07:27 PM
Firstly a milestone film for Danush - D25
Secondly, nice to see Danush back to his "old-school" form, must be quite refreshing after his acclaimed ventures.
Finally, yes Anirudh sound production blasts the speakers and that's what I like about. The opening song of VIP was quite enthralling.

But, IMO, Danush must stop as a poet giving us lines from a teenagers last page scribblings. Those lines in the poster were quite like a "non-alocholic-teen's-hangover".

Wunderbar Films - Wunder in german means marvelous (a step ahead of wonder). The logo seems to be like a WIFI symbol or 7-Up Fido Dido with a triangular sunglasses. I think they launched Wunderbar Studios after Kolaveri episode with Sony. Good move though.
Any other thoughts on Wunderbar ?

Russellyhd
11th February 2014, 07:25 PM
Track list :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gEGXNZUjs

Velai Illa Pattadhari Track List

1. Po Indru Neeyaga sung by Dhanush (The love of Raghuvaran)

2. Velai Illa Pattadhaari sung by Anirudh (The rise of Raghuvaran)

3. What a Karuvadu sung by Dhanush & Anirudh (The philosophy of Raghuvaran)

4. Amma Amma sung by S Janaki & Dhanush (The loss of Raghuvaran)

5. Ey Inga Paaru sung by Anirudh (The comedian inside Raghuvaran)

6. Udhungada Sangu sung by Anirudh (The frustration of Raghuvaran)

7. Sunrise Theme (The romance of Raghuvaran)

VinodKumar's
11th February 2014, 11:37 PM
Anirudh meesic Dhanush poetu ... accpeted

yenya ella paataiyum neengalae paaduringa :banghead:.

HonestRaj
11th February 2014, 11:45 PM
Anirudh meesic Dhanush poetu ... accpeted

yenya ella paataiyum neengalae paaduringa :banghead:.

avangale kaetukkavendiyadhuthan

VinodKumar's
12th February 2014, 12:13 AM
:lol:.

Janaki-ku bathil Anirudhae husky voice la paadi compooter la female voice ah maathirukalam ...

svaisn
12th February 2014, 12:36 AM
:lol:.

Janaki-ku bathil Anirudhae husky voice la paadi compooter la female voice ah maathirukalam ...

Pannalum aachirapadurathukku illa... but athuvum hit aagum ippo ellam.... athu thaane ivangalukku ellam ippadi ella paatum padura thairiyam...

HonestRaj
12th February 2014, 07:15 AM
neenga ellam innum pakkuva padalainu ninaikkiren.. budding talents'i support pannunga boss :mrgreen:

ecureuhapis
12th February 2014, 07:50 AM
6. Udhungada Sangu sung by Anirudh (The frustration of Raghuvaran)

padam vanthu out aana enna pattu padurathunnu ivanungale idea kodukuranunga.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3991668/senthil-ooo-o.gif

NOV
12th February 2014, 09:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgPRRI8CQAAQnqB.jpg:large

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th February 2014, 10:57 PM
:happydance: Songs are nice... Picks are Vip Title,Po Indru Neeyaaga,What a Karavad,Amma Amma

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th February 2014, 02:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgPRRI8CQAAQnqB.jpg:large

:omg: WWE podium backgrounda irukku... Didn't notice this till now

ecureuhapis
19th February 2014, 03:24 PM
yes and that's from this show in Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JazCKp_6beo

balaajee
2nd July 2014, 03:11 PM
வரும் 18ம் தேடி ரிலீசாகிறது தனுஷின் 25வது படமான ‘வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி’! (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/velaiyilla-pattathari-set-release-on-july-18th-204980.html)

Russelltgw
4th July 2014, 12:26 AM
VIP is about relationships and its importance
Cinematographer-director Velraj is quite kicked that his Velai Illa Pattadhari (VIP), starring Dhanush and Amala Paul in the lead, is all set to hit screens soon. "Directing for the first time was quite a difficult task. Every time I was setting up a scene, I was thinking more in terms of camera angles and lights. There have been times when I would be busy looking through the lens, and I would have forgotten to say 'action'. I used to wonder why no one was giving the shots, and Dhanush, Amala and the rest of the team would burst out laughing," recalls Velraj.

He has worked with Dhanush several times before. "He is a pleasure to work with. We discussed the script several time and he would even come up with suggestions. He has built a six-pack for a fight sequence, and has penned the lyrics for the songs," says Velraj, "His chemistry with Amala is also very cute. We were on the lookout for an actress who would look like a simple girl, and also mature in terms of approach towards life, and Amala fit the bill perfectly. VIP will be a mass entertainer, and will deal with the importance of relationships in a person's life."

P Madan, who will be releasing the film, says, "When I saw the trailer of the film, I knew it would be a Dhanush film all the way. Anirudh's music will be an added bonus for the audience."

balaajee
4th July 2014, 03:56 PM
400 திரையரங்குகளில் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி?'
தனுஷ் , அமலாபால் நடித்து வேல்ராஜ் இயக்கத்தில் உருவான 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' திரைப்படம் இம்மாதம் 18ம் தேதி வெளியாக உள்ளது.

தனுஷ் தயாரிப்பில் 'எஸ்கேப் ஆர்டிஸ்ட் மோஷன் பிக்சர்ஸ்' வெளியிடும் இப்படம் அனைத்து சினிமா தரப்பினரையும் எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பில் ஆழ்த்தியுள்ளது.

http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/Velai_illa_pattathari_119-small.jpg
படத்தின் டிரெய்லர் மற்றும் அனிருத் பாடல்களுக்குக் கிடைத்த வரவேற்பால் தமிழ்நாடு முழுக்க தனுஷின் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி'யை வெளியிடுவதில் விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் இடையே கடும் போட்டி நிலவி வந்தது.

தனுஷின் 25வது படமான 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' தற்போது சென்னை, மதுரை, கோவை, உள்ளிட்ட அனைத்து மாவட்டங்களிலும் ஒரே நாளில் விற்பனை ஆகியுள்ளது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

இதன் மூலம் சுமார் 400க்கும் மேற்பட்ட திரையரங்குகளில் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' வெளியாகும் என தெரிகிறது.

இதுவரை இல்லாத அளவிற்கு தனுஷின் படம் அனைத்து மாவட்டங்களிலும் இவ்வளவு அதிக திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியாவது இதுவே முதல்முறை.

balaajee
8th July 2014, 05:36 PM
' வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' படத்தின் ரிலீஸ் தேதி தள்ளிப்போவது ஏன்?
வேல்ராஜ் இயக்கத்தில் தனுஷ், அமலாபால், சமுத்திரக்கணி, சரண்யா, விவேக்,சுரபி நடித்திருக்கும் படம் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி'.இப்படத்தின் பாடல்கள், டிரெய்லர் என அனைத்தும் இணையதளங்களில் ஹிட்டடித்தன. இம்மாதம் ஜூலை 18ல் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' படம் வெளியாகும் என அறிவித்திருந்தனர்.

இந்நிலையில், சமீபத்தில் படத்தின் பத்திரிக்கையாளர் சந்திப்பு நடைபெற்றது. தனுஷ், அமலாபால், அனிரூத், இயக்குனர் வேல்ராஜ், சமுத்திரக்கனி, சரண்யா, அமலாபால், சுரபி, விவேக், எஸ்கேப் ஆர்டிஸ்ட் மதன் மற்றும் ரிஷி ஆகியோர் கலந்து கொண்டனர்
இதில் படத்தின் வெளியீடு குறித்த கேள்விக்கு சரியான தேதி எங்களுக்கே தெரியவில்லை என தெரிவித்தார் தனுஷ்.
படம் தணிக்கை குழுவிற்கு அனுப்பி வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள நிலையில் தணிக்கை தரப்பு தாமதம் காட்டும் காரணத்தினால் தற்போது படம் வெளிவருவதில் சரியான தேதி அறிவிக்க முடியவில்லை என மேலும் அவர் கூறினார்.படத்தின் பாடல்களுக்கும், டிரெய்லருக்கும் நல்ல வரவேற்பளித்தது போல் படத்திற்கும் ஆதரவு தரும்படி கேட்டுக்கொண்டார் தனுஷ்.
தமிழ்நாட்டிலேயே நான் தான் ஒல்லி என நினைத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன் தற்போது என்னை விட ஒல்லியாக அனிருத் இருப்பதால் என்னை ஒல்லிபிச்சான் நடிகர் எனக் கூறுவதை மீடியாக்கள் விட்டுவிட்டனர்.
என் வாழ்வில் முக்கியமான படம் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' என்று எதிர்பார்ப்பை எகிற வைத்தார் தனுஷ்

mareen
12th July 2014, 03:57 AM
Any reviews?

mappi
13th July 2014, 03:20 PM
Mareen, the movie is yet to release - Release Date 18/JUL/2014

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/10336610_316496418474997_5024341257970514207_n.jpg

Watching it on 17/JUL/2014

vithagan
16th July 2014, 07:31 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/4938/velai-illa-pattathari-tv-spots

Siv.S
17th July 2014, 06:15 PM
Liked the trailer.. :thumbsup: watching it tonight....

ramdas2005
18th July 2014, 01:37 AM
Any reviews?

http://cinemalead.com/moviereview-id-velai-illaa-pattadhaari-movie-review--vip-movie-review--review328.htm

mappi
18th July 2014, 05:23 AM
Just came back from the premiere show. Danush glides in his role as Raghuvaran. Just imagine Sullan getting matured. Sullan has become slow, steady and stinging. He delivers a lengthy dialogue with grace and takes an elegant stride. There are so many parts in the movie that just clicked with me. Will talk more about the movie next week. Please watch the movie in theatres near you.

VIP => relax & rejoice.

Cinemarasigan
18th July 2014, 01:34 PM
Liked the trailer.. :thumbsup: watching it tonight....

waiting for your review Siva...

Siv.S
18th July 2014, 01:37 PM
Good first half, a kind of deviated second half but still watchable... for me the presentation looks so resemblance of Ethirneechal..

Cinemarasigan
18th July 2014, 02:11 PM
Thx Siva... Planning to watch tomorrow sometime.. Surprisingly In many bangalore multiplexes (Ciemax, Gopalan Mall) the tickets for todays' morning and afternoon shows are available freely..

Dammy R
18th July 2014, 02:15 PM
CR.. where do you plan to watch? I was thinking of watching over the weekend as well.

Cinemarasigan
18th July 2014, 02:43 PM
Gopalan Mall in Old madras road or Cinemax, but this time planning to watch with family and in - laws who have come from Thanjavur....

We can plan for some other time, probably Anjaan / next good release..

Dammy R
18th July 2014, 03:00 PM
Cool. Sure... yeah we could watch Anjaan together. I normally watch in Phoenix market city PVR...gona watch with family as well. Enjoy the movie and post your review. Cheers!

vithagan
18th July 2014, 04:37 PM
First half - entertaining.. Second half - mokka, highly dramatic. .

hattori_hanzo
18th July 2014, 09:47 PM
Sathuranga Vettai is getting better reviews

hattori_hanzo
18th July 2014, 09:52 PM
Thx Siva... Planning to watch tomorrow sometime.. Surprisingly In many bangalore multiplexes (Ciemax, Gopalan Mall) the tickets for todays' morning and afternoon shows are available freely..

:-) I don't think Dhanush is still a big draw now. He's been having continuous duds in Tamil. Mappillai, Seedan, 3, Mariyan, Naiyandi.
Did he have a hit after Aadukalam?

nickraman
19th July 2014, 05:19 AM
:-) I don't think Dhanush is still a big draw now. He's been having continuous duds in Tamil. Mappillai, Seedan, 3, Mariyan, Naiyandi.
Did he have a hit after Aadukalam?

UTP (uthamaputhiran, tamil ready remake) was below avg grosser i think.
Ranjhanaa was hit (hindi)
Mariyaan, Naiyaandi rendu wickett.

So aside from Hindi movie, no.

hattori_hanzo
19th July 2014, 07:58 AM
UTP (uthamaputhiran, tamil ready remake) was below avg grosser i think.
Ranjhanaa was hit (hindi)
Mariyaan, Naiyaandi rendu wickett.

So aside from Hindi movie, no.

Yeah, in Hindi he made a grand entry. His next movie with Big B has also generated a lot of hype. But here, he has lost his position to others like Arya, Sivakarthikeyan. In fact SK is getting more popular than Dhanush, after delivering a double hat-trick of hits.

smaiitm
19th July 2014, 12:41 PM
Review in Hindustan Times:
http://goo.gl/8EBK8c

-------------
...Performances do not lift the movie either. While Saranya has consoled herself into essaying the mother in just about every film she is in, Paul is a mere ornamental vase on the mantelpiece. Dhanush is Dhanush, making little attempt to vary his style
-------------

NOV
19th July 2014, 02:24 PM
Good movie. Danush is easily the best actor currently, barring Kamalahassan of course.
When he cries, he makes sure you cry as well. Talented fellow.
Packed cinemas in Malaysia.
Playing at all top class cinemas.
Sure hit.

NOV
19th July 2014, 03:31 PM
Earth shattering opening 😀
Why am I not surprised?

http://m.oneindia.in/entertainment/tamil/news/2014/velayilla-pattathari-velai-illa-pattadhaari-first-day-collections-box-office-154532.html

mappi
19th July 2014, 03:36 PM
Review in Hindustan Times:
http://goo.gl/8EBK8c

Dhanush is Dhanush, making little attempt to vary his style

Thats the reviewers choice of words stressing clearly that he did not concentrate much while watching the film. We have entered into a period where Paid reviews are no more used to uplift a film, but now-a-days they are getting paid to put down a film. Whoever is behind this has less to no future in TFI, soon.

As NOV has put it simple and short : 'Talented fellow'

More to it : There is a link between beautiful Surabhi and Danush character, which is devine, thus, each scene she shows up, there is a glow around her. Hats off to Velraj for presenting it in a subtle manner and cutting short all the melodrama such episodes vaccum in. Did I miss reading such notations in the above review link ?

CEDYBLUE
19th July 2014, 03:48 PM
Thats the reviewers choice of words stressing clearly that he did not concentrate much while watching the film. We have entered into a period where Paid reviews are no more used to uplift a film, but now-a-days they are getting paid to put down a film. Whoever is behind this has less to no future in TFI, soon.

As NOV has put it simple and short : 'Talented fellow'

More to it : There is a link between beautiful Surabhi and Danush character, which is devine, thus, each scene she shows up, there is a glow around her. Hats off to Velraj for presenting it in a subtle manner and cutting short all the melodrama such episodes vaccum in. Did I miss reading such notations in the above review link ?

I am sure you would have heard of this reviewer 'Gautaman Bhaskaran' who is notorious for pulling down tamil/south movies. He has almost entirely dismissed all south-based movies if i am not wrong and often warrants a huge traffic/hit-ratio to his review pages and more so, the comment section, where he will be taken to task. He and Hindustan Times aim to thrive on all the negative publicity to the reviews.

HonestRaj
19th July 2014, 10:27 PM
More to it : There is a link between beautiful Surabhi and Danush character, which is devine,

"Nee varuvaai ena" parthurukeengala :p

mappi
19th July 2014, 10:50 PM
Yes. There are few other movies which go on the same lines. But Velraj has given his directorial touch here.

uruzalari
19th July 2014, 10:53 PM
Yes. There are few other movies which go on the same lines. But Velraj has given his directorial touch here.

Sarvam was one more..... But those involved the lover or fiancee unlike in VIP

HonestRaj
19th July 2014, 10:59 PM
Okay movie...
1st 1 hr or so... some humour ... (only +ve in the film)
2nd half.. director dragging the scenes & it was like "eppada padatha mudipeenga".. avangalum Dhanush sattaiyai kazhatti 6 pack kanbikkama mudikka mattoam'nu adam pidichu oru mokka fight vechu.. venumne sattaiyai kizhichu.. padatha mudikkiranga...

film (or) scenes is a mix of inru poi naalai vaa, padikkathavan, nee varuvai ena, 7g rainbow colony, pollathavan, rajini style comedy fight (rajadhi raja).. etc.

konja nanjam illai.. lots & lots of cliches & unintentional fun in 2nd half.. sila per idhai ellam serious'ah parppanga.. nammalala adhu ellam mudiyadhu..

another overrated - overhyped - under cooked film & once again i was lured by the facebook & other reviews & also by the trailer... inime saththiyama theater'la padam parkkamatten..

Dhanush .. once again plays to his strength - local - boy next door image - some of the "dhumkattiya" dialogues about engineers, Velai illai, local boys.. etc. but imitates Rajini a lot...

songs & bgm are forgettable.. padamum forgettable'than..

mappi
20th July 2014, 12:37 AM
These are the aspects that clicked with me, and made me enjoy the movie thoroughly :

- The 1st and foremost aspect that clicked for me is the Mom-Son Sentiment which has come out good. The way she says 'DEI' just brings back the glory moments.
- A father's role done so many times, this time with Samudhrakani works out to produce the same magic.
- The humour with the cycle-bike was funny - flashback - I had a Luna when I was doing my 10th grade and I gave it a name - clichι - Laxmi !
- Thiruttu Dum & drunken suituations, another strong force that pulled me inside the film
- Beleivable brothers.
- Surabhi, beauty.
- Motta Madi Song (I had done that while holding the most reputed and high post of all time - 'vetti-officer')
- Amul Baby (don't mistake it for Mrs. Paul)
- the hospital scene with all the VIP drawing line with the nurses ... LoL
- Golden Flower aka GF
- Romance, eventhough Amala Paul still looks yellow on screen, Danush just makes it funnily lovable.
- Couple of encounters with the Sidekicks/Villan (alas, in the end they make the villan a comedian as in Telugu films ... LoL).
- I kind of liked the climax fight. At a point of time, I really wished the sidekicks to go in circle around him, but no, they knew better not too ... LoL

- Last but not least, Rajini effect - actually you could have got it when they released the poster itself, it was quite obvious and I had mentioned the reference too. Danush just glided in those scenes. I think they had that in mind while drawing the plot to enlarge the film. My contribution to your list : Nallavanuku Nallavan. "unintentional fun in 2nd half" - I get the pun, LoL, felt the same. And the major element is that, I did not take the film seriously atall, as it was evident from the title itself that its going to be a 150 minutes documentary on "Vetri Kodi Kattu" song.

BGM/Songs were a let down, agree, but I loved the duet between the BGM & stunt moves during the climax fight. And I agree too that the film begs and borrows a lot from earlier films, but it had the same effect when Danush did it. His eyes are getting sharper and sharper, and when he is before the camera he nets you in with his facial movements. Thats one of the final steps before reaching stardom.

The problem during the second half is mainly because of deviating completely from the story on hand. They started including sub-plots making it feel like 2 different episodes. They started adjusting the story to make it an interesting or intense instances of delivering, but failed miserably. But, if you just relax, the film is quite convincing and enjoyable.

VIP : Lightning Entertainer

Personel Note :

"inime saththiyama theater'la padam parkkamatten.. " - Please, apadi eduthukathinga. I have found several times that we have the same taste and view over many films. Sometimes, it happens that we talk to our backs. Watching a film in a theatre readily passes with atleast 30% sucess, thanks to the ambience, in this case the film gets a OKAY certificate. Next film-la utta tha pudichidalam.

VinodKumar's
20th July 2014, 02:22 AM
once again i was lured by the facebook & other reviews

Facebook oru maayai !!! Aarambathulayae nippatirukanum ;).

NOV
20th July 2014, 05:07 AM
Indiaglitz wrote, "As the movie says, "dedicated to all engineers"" and rated the movie 3.5/5

OneIndia gave 3/5 stars and concluded, "Velayilla Pattathari is a perfect entertainer for Dhanush's fans."

Behindwoods wrote, "A completely crowd pulling silver-jubilee outing for Dhanush." and gave 3/5 for the movie.

Daily India gave 3/5 for the movie and wrote, "Velaiyilla Pattathari - must watch it for Dhanush's amazing acting and Anirudh's sentimental music."

Only Kollywood wrote, "On the whole, VIP is a sumptuous treat for Dhanush fans. For others, it's certainly worth while it lasts." and gave 3/5 for the movie.

Sify wrote, "On the whole, VIP is satisfaction guaranteed for those looking for some fun and a good time at the movies. Die hard fans of Dhanush, don't miss this one!"

NOV
20th July 2014, 07:06 AM
One shot with no cuts :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs6cuAhCUAA5qb_.jpg

BM
20th July 2014, 12:39 PM
ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
#VIP may end up 10 times that of #Naiyaandi box office in USA!! This is called comeback. Congrats @dhanushkraja

BM
20th July 2014, 12:40 PM
ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
#VIP crossed $100K already, on its way to $150K. First @dhanushkraja film to cross the landmark, seems like he ll double his previous best!

mappi
20th July 2014, 01:56 PM
One shot with no cuts

Please also note that he does not shut, nor there is no single movement in his eyes, also does not take it away from his addressee, all the while the camera slowly zooms in. The pick is when he drops his voice in a calm anger and tries to swallow his agony while uttereing : Sikki Sikki.

A well enacted and interestingly presented scene.

HonestRaj
20th July 2014, 06:50 PM
mappi.. u r so generous in reviewing even a mokkai film... indha madhiri sumaraana padam kidacha ungalukku jackpot thaan :p

this time me & my friend were in similar mindset... so, we thought of watching a film in theater & Dhanush was the main reason to watch this... idhukku munnadi Aarambam parthappave sabatham eduthaen.. naama illaina enna.. cinemava vazhaveikka neraya per irukkanga.. nammalai vazhaveikkathan evanum illai..

HonestRaj
20th July 2014, 07:22 PM
i liked "katti pidi katti pidida" song.. :lol:

- The 1st and foremost aspect that clicked for me is the Mom-Son Sentiment which has come out good. The way she says 'DEI' just brings back the glory moments.

innum ethanai padathukku idhaiye repeat pannuvanga... saranya, the mom.. with same expression in every film (there are 2 sets.. 1 - dEiiiiii for comedy films, kutty puli, OKOK.. list poatta poyikittae irukkum... & another 1 for sad films)

- A father's role done so many times, this time with Samudhrakani works out to produce the same magic.
7g vijayan...

"unintentional fun in 2nd half" - I get the pun, LoL, felt the same.
when one vip joins them.. we were saying to each other.. ippa paru manja kodi pudichuttu oru koottam varum (vadivelu - ennathe kannaiya)..
intervel twist & some like these.. u can easily expect what will come..

25th film .. oru milestone in career.. velraj onnum vetrimaran illai, but, fresh'ah irukka venama... pazhaya padathai ellam oru kundavula poattu kalakki kudutha madhiri irukku..
edhu pannalum fresh'a irukkanum ji..

appuram.. Dhanush acting'um stereotype aagittu varudhu.. idhu yaen ivarukku solrenna.. national award winner.. highly talented.. ippadi sollumpodhu.. oru broad spectrum edhirparkkuroam.. idhai nama ippa irukkura vera top actors kitta edhirparkkuradhillai.. avanga oru vattathukku ullethan irukkanga... Dhanush'um ippa appadithan irukkar.. sari idhula irundhu different'na.. mayakkam enna, 3 ippadi verikka verikka vittaththai parthuttu oru role eduthurvar..

thats all your aanur..

nickraman
20th July 2014, 08:33 PM
Movie is good. Though it's a semi-light version of 7G and Kamal's Sathya, it was refreshing Dhanush back in his comfort zone after a disastrous Naiyaandi. If anything, that last fight scene should be chopped off and just skip to the end.

NOV
21st July 2014, 07:05 AM
I don't understand this comparison to 7G and IPNV.... while the themes of both these movies are about obsession with the girl, in VIP its just a nanosecond of the entire movie, and has nothing to do with the basic story.

balaajee
21st July 2014, 11:37 AM
I don't understand this comparison to 7G and IPNV.... while the themes of both these movies are about obsession with the girl, in VIP its just a nanosecond of the entire movie, and has nothing to do with the basic story.

Very true..

balaajee
21st July 2014, 04:19 PM
துவக்க 'லாப' கணக்கு: 2014-ல் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' டாப்! - hindu

2014ம் ஆண்டில் 'கோச்சடையான்', 'வீரம்', 'ஜில்லா' உள்ளிட்ட பெரிய நடிகர்களின் படங்களோடு ஒப்பிடுகையில் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' பெரும் வசூல் செய்திருக்கிறது. வேல்ராஜ் இயக்கத்தில் தனுஷ், அமலாபால், விவேக், சுரபி உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிப்பில் வெளியான படம் 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி'. அனிருத் இசையமைக்க, தனுஷ் தயாரித்திருந்தார். தமிழ்நாடு முழுவதும் எஸ்கேப் ஆர்டிஸ்ட் மதன் வெளியிட்டு இருந்தார்.
18ம் தேதி வெளியான 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' திரைப்படம் விமர்சகர்கள், ரசிகர்கள் மற்றும் மக்கள் மத்தியில் பெரும் வரவேற்பு பெற்றியிருக்கிறது. முதல் மூன்று நாட்களில் தமிழ்நாட்டில் மட்டும் 10 கோடிக்கும் அதிகமாக வசூல் செய்திருக்கிறது.
2014-ம் ஆண்டின் தொடக்கத்தில் இருந்தே, பெரிய நடிகர்களின் படங்கள் பெரியளவில் வசூல் செய்யவில்லை. 'வீரம்', 'ஜில்லா' ஆகிய படங்கள் பெரியளவில் வசூல் செய்தாலும் அப்படத்திற்கு அரசாங்கம் வரிச்சலுகை கொடுக்கவில்லை. ஆகையால் பெரிய வசூல் அடைந்தாலும், தயாரிப்பாளருக்கு எதிர்பார்த்த லாபம் கிடைக்கவில்லை.
'கோச்சடையான்' பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படம் என்பதால் அப்படத்தின் வசூலை கணக்கில் எடுத்துக் கொள்ள முடியாது. இந்தாண்டு தொடக்கத்தில் இருந்தே 'கோலி சோடா', 'தெகிடி', 'யாமிருக்க பயமே', 'முண்டாசுப்பட்டி' உள்ளிட்ட சிறு பட்ஜெட் படங்களே அதிகளவில் வசூல் குவித்ததுள்ளது.
தற்போது 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' அரசாங்கத்திடம் வரிச்சலுகை பெற்றிருக்கிறது. வரவேற்பு மற்றும் அதிக வசூல் என்பதால் படக்குழு பெரும் சந்தோஷத்தில் இருக்கிறது.
இந்த வெற்றி குறித்து தனுஷ் தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில், "'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி' திரைப்படம் எனது படங்களில் மிகப்பெரிய ஒப்பனிங் கொடுத்திருப்பதில் மகிழ்ச்சி. ரசிகர்களுக்கு எனது ஆனந்த கண்ணீரை காணிக்கை ஆக்குகிறேன். திருட்டு சி.டியில் படம் பார்க்காமல் அனைவருமே திரையரங்கில் படம் பார்க்குமாறு கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன்" என்று தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

NOV
21st July 2014, 07:13 PM
taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh
Tamil film #VellaiIllaPattathari has fetched a solid start in USA, UK, Australia and Malaysia. Source: Rentrak

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
#VellaiIllaPattathari - Super Hit proved by Monday (noon & matinee) shows holding Rock steady IN Chennai & Chengalpet areas.

Chennai Clips ‏@chennaiclips
VIP declared Blockbuster- 14 crores in 3 days

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
#ChennaiBoxOffice - July 18 to 20 - Number 1. Velai Illa Pattathari
No.5 - Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania No.4 Dawn Of The Planet Of Apes, No.3 Arima Nambi No.2 Sathuranka

Kollywood Cinema ‏@KollywudCinema
#VIP Collection is Huge in TN Too 12.96 Cr Collection in 3 Days "Wow"

Behindwoods ‏@behindwoods
#BWBoxOffice - @dhanushkraja's #VIP within touching distance of #Kochadaiiyaan's record.

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
#VellaiIllaPattathari - TN Net (Approximate) Friday – Rs 4.36 Cr + Saturday - Rs 4.20 Cr + Sunday Rs Rs 4.40 Cr. Total = Rs 12.96 Cr.

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
#VellaiIllaPattathari - Extraordinary Hit. Rocking TN. Approx Net (no tax) = Rs 12.96 Cr -July 18 to 20.

vithagan
21st July 2014, 09:08 PM
SuperHit.. Blockbuster??

Really??? :confused2:

mexicomeat
22nd July 2014, 04:16 PM
Please also note that he does not shut, nor there is no single movement in his eyes, also does not take it away from his addressee, all the while the camera slowly zooms in. The pick is when he drops his voice in a calm anger and tries to swallow his agony while uttereing : Sikki Sikki.

A well enacted and interestingly presented scene.

idhu sadharana manushan ezhudara review ille.. naadi narambu muzhukka cinema oori pona oruthar ezhudara review...

sollunga...neenga bombayle sorry bollywoodle inna pannitu irundeenga.. sollunga sollunga sollunga.... :D :D

balaajee
22nd July 2014, 04:31 PM
idhu sadharana manushan ezhudara review ille.. naadi narambu muzhukka cinema oori pona oruthar ezhudara review...

sollunga...neenga bombayle sorry bollywoodle inna pannitu irundeenga.. sollunga sollunga sollunga.... :D :D

U found him...

NOV
23rd July 2014, 06:56 AM
https://scontent-a-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/5326_666998616724651_7520829727928430100_n.jpg

VinodKumar's
25th July 2014, 01:42 AM
Enjoyed first half like anything. Did not like second half. Might be because of high expectation after very good first half. Dhanush, easily the best performer among current generation actors. Surprisingly Mrs. Amala Paul also looked good for me. Vivekh's cameo was good.

Russellmvr
25th July 2014, 11:14 AM
I found Ok.. but second half was mokkai IMHO.
Few scenes-la Rajni-a imitate panni irupaar...!!

paranitharan
25th July 2014, 12:34 PM
athaane. Imitate panna superstar aagidalaamnu ninaippu pola

Mr.GreyShirt
25th July 2014, 02:00 PM
I liked it. Kept me entertained all through. Although the ending scene shouldn't have been there.

sakthii
25th July 2014, 02:04 PM
watched.,enjoyed first half than 2nd half. liked innocent, naughty expressions of Dhanush.

balaajee
25th July 2014, 03:31 PM
சிம்பிள் கதை... பழக்கமான தனுஷ். இறுதியில் 'பட்டதாரி’ 'சூத்ரதாரி’ ஆகும் சினிமாதான். அதில், லட்சக்கணக்கான வேலையில்லா பொறியியல் பட்டதாரிகள், முறைகேடான கட்டுமானப் பணிகள் என்று டாபிக்கல் சுவாரஸ்யம் சேர்த்திருக்கிறார்கள்.
ஒளிப்பதிவாளராக முத்திரை பதித்த வேல்ராஜ் இதில் அறிமுக இயக்குநர். படித்த படிப்புக்கு மதிப்பு இல்லாமல், கிடைத்த வேலையைச் செய்யும் லட்சக்கணக்கான பொறியியல் பட்டதாரிகள் குறித்த அக்கறையை விதைத்திருக்கிறார். அத்துடன் குழந்தைகள் வளர்ப்பில் அண்ணன்-தம்பி இடையிலான ஒப்பீடு சிக்கல்களையும் தொட்டுச் சென்றதற்காக வெல்கம் பொக்கே!
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2014/07/mzniod/images/p12.jpg'தனுஷ்-25 சினிமா’ என்பதைவிட, இது முழுக்கவே தனுஷ் சினிமா! 'இன்டர்வியூல வந்து பாருங்க... நாலு வார்த்தை சேர்ந்தாப்ல இங்கிலீஷ் பேச எவ்ளோ கஷ்டப்படுறோம்னு...’ என்று அப்பாவிடம் பொருமுவதும், 'என் தம்பிக்கு ஹீரோ பேரு... கார்த்திக். எனக்கு வில்லன் பேரு... ரகுவரன்’ என்று அங்கலாய்ப்பதும், ரவுடிகளிடம் அடி, மிதி வாங்கிவிட்டு, 'ஏம்மா... அப்பா வீட்ல இல்லைனு முன்னாடியே சொல்ல வேண்டியதுதானே!’ என்று பொங்குவதும்... தனுஷ் பேக் டு தி ஃபார்ம்! ஒரு மொட்டை மாடி, ஒரு மொபட், சின்சியர் தம்பி, பக்கத்து வீட்டு ஏஞ்சல்... என மிகச் சில மெட்டீரியல்களை மட்டுமே வைத்துக்கொண்டு ஆக்ஷன், ரியாக்ஷன் என்று அத்தனையிலும் அதகளப்படுத்துகிறார். அதிலும் ஒரே டேக்கில், இன்ஜினீயர் ஆவதற்கான நடை முறைகளை, வேதனையை மூச்சுமுட்டச் சொல்லும் இடம்... மாஸ்!
படத்தில் தனுஷ் தவிர சமுத்திரக்கனி, சரண்யா மட்டுமே பாச எபிசோடுகளால் கொஞ்சம் கவர்கிறார்கள். 'நீ இன்னும் ரெண்டு அடியைப் போட்டிருக்கணும்’ என்று தனுஷ் குறித்து இருவரும் பேசிக்கொள்ளும் இடம் எல்லாம்... அட்றா சக்கை அப்ளாஸ்! கௌரவத் தோற்றம்போல சின்ன கேரக்டர் அமலாவுக்கு. எளிமை ஏஞ்சலாக ஈர்க்கிறார். 'இவ்ளோ பெரிய கேரிபேக்லயா குடியிருக்கீங்க?’ என்று நக்கலும், 'இவனுங்களைப் பார்த்தா நல்லவனுங்க மாதிரி தெரியலையே!’ என்று மைண்ட் வாய்ஸ் போங்குமாக விவேக்கிடம் இருந்து சைலன்ட் ஸ்மைலிஸ்!
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2014/07/mzniod/images/p12a.jpgதனுஷ் வீடு, கான்க்ரீட் காடு... இவற்றை வைத்தே ரசனைக் காட்சி தீட்டுகிறது வேல்ராஜின் ஒளிப்பதிவு. 'வாட் எ கருவாட்’, 'வேலையில்லா பட்டதாரி’ பீட்களில் தடதடக்கிறது அனிருத் இசை.
முதல் பாதியில் விறுவிறுப்பு, குறும்பு, சென்ட்டிமென்ட் சுவாரஸ்யங்களால் பலமாக அஸ்திவாரம் எழுப்பிவிட்டு, இரண்டாவது பாதி பில்டிங்கை அவ்வளவு பலவீனமாகவா கட்டுவீர்கள்? 'ஒரு சவால், அதைச் சமாளிக்கிறான் ஹீரோ’ என்று 'ஜஸ்ட் லைக் தட்’ கடக்கிறது!
கமர்ஷியல் ஷோவில் சமூகப் பிரச்னை ஒன்றின் மீதான கவனம் சேர்த்து, பட்டம் தட்டுகிறான் இந்தப் பட்டதாரி!

NOV
25th July 2014, 05:55 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
#Velaiillapattadhari 1st week TN nets = Rs 19.15 Cr! Humongous! @dhanushkraja delivers this year's biggest hit .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtY4unUCQAIRaqa.jpg

Mahen
25th July 2014, 07:58 PM
liked it..can watch it again..mokkai ellam illai, nalla thaan iruku..one scene made me guilty :ashamed: not answering mom's call :(

NOV
26th July 2014, 10:35 AM
Velai Illa Pattadhari-A blockbuster hit!

Dhanush's Wunderbar Films new entertainer gave the youth a film they could be proud of. Power-packed performances all the way, this film belongs not only to the lead actors but to director Velraj, music director Anirudh and P.Madhan of Escape Artists who marketed the film.

This movie was all about Dhanush's star power and the right marketing blitzkrieg. The film worked big time, and Dhanush has once again asserted his position in Kollywood with his style of understated acting and smart online marketing which enabled the film to take an extraordinary opening.

Velai Illa Pattadhari is turning out to be a blockbuster.VIP has collected a whopping net of Rs 19.15 Crore approximately from Tamil Nadu theatricals in its first week (July 18 to 24). VIP has become the biggest hit of the year so far. Remember the first copy of the film according to trade sources would not have cost more than Rs 6 Crore without taking Dhanush’s salary into consideration.

Add another Rs 3 Crore for print and promotions; so total landing cost would be around Rs 9 Crore.

VIP first week TN net is approximately Rs 19.15 Cr (no entertainment tax), assuming 60 % of Net is distributor share and it works out to around Rs 11 Cr. Humongous! The overseas, audio, satellite, rest of India would have fetched another Rs 10 to Rs 12 Cr.

Now it looks like VIP has a life time potential to collect around Rs 20 Crore plus as distributor share, making it Dhanush's highest grosser in his career.

Here is a rough estimate of VIP’s Tamil Nadu collections in its first week from the 8 Tamil film territories in the state –

1. Chengalpet = Rs 5 Cr 30 lakhs
2. Coimbatore = Rs 3 Cr 10 lakhs
3. Chennai City = Rs 2 Cr 65 lakhs
4. North & South Arcot = Rs 2 Cr 30 lakhs
5. Madurai = Rs 1 Cr 85 lakhs
6. Trichy& Thanjavur = Rs 1 Cr 75 lakhs
7. Salem = Rs 1 Cr 40 lakhs
8. Tirunelveli & Kanyakumari = Rs 80 lakhs

Total (Approximately) = Rs 19 Crore 15 lakhs

Shanker
26th July 2014, 03:30 PM
Watched it at Rex Cinemas, Singapore today. I loved it. Slight Ethir Neechal feel/7G RC feel. The mother sentiment worked perfectly. Didnt even tear this much for Deiva Thirumagal. A few implausible moments but overall a good film without shortage of comedy by Dhanush and Vivek.

NOV
28th July 2014, 06:45 PM
Dhanush's Velai Illa Pattadhaari continues to rock the Chennai Box-Office and is the clear number one by a mile. The film has touched Rs 3.65 Crore in 10 days from Chennai city which is phenomenal.

At number two is Salman Khan's Kick, which has taken a good opening in Chennai city. In the third place is the new release Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah, which has taken an average opening.

Sathuranga Vettai continues to impress the elite multiplex audiences and is in the fourth position. In the fifth position is Arima Nambi.

LihDacRurdy
28th July 2014, 07:28 PM
athaane. Imitate panna superstar aagidalaamnu ninaippu pola

:???: vitta rajini padatha thavira cinemala entha padamum odalanu solluvinga pola

NOV
29th July 2014, 08:09 AM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 1
Normally in TN, hit films will only b 25 to 30 % of 1st weekend. in 2nd. VIP has done 45 %. Total Net for 10 days = Rs 24Cr 78 lakhs. Super!

mareen
30th July 2014, 04:42 AM
Vip very good movie.

NOV
14th August 2014, 05:56 PM
Velai illa pattadhari achieves 50 Cr in BO. Awesome !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu_xzMNIcAA6Lh-.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu_q_PuCAAACoFO.jpg