PDA

View Full Version : Tamil meaning for lift

kannvino
9th February 2005, 06:30 PM
My Dear Tamil Folks,

Could anyone tell me meaning for"LIFT" (Which will carry people in multistorey building ) in tamil. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Kannan

Sudhaama
9th February 2005, 09:34 PM
[tscii:dfaee73f11]
Lifting.... Tamil.... by .... "LIFT"

Why should it be Tamilised?.... Why NOT call it .... as LIFT (Ä¢·ôð) .... in Tamil also?

For this English word .... there are several created Tamil-words.... propped up about 60 years back..... e.g....

.... YEZHUMBI (±ØõÀ¢) .....

... THOOKKI-PETTI (à츢ô-¦ÀðÊ) ....

... MIN-THOOKKI-ARHAI ( Á¢ý-à츢-«¨È) .... and so on...

How many people know that various options of Tamilised words... ALREADY EXIST...

... since the past Six-decades?... Why Not in Vogue?.... Are these Not Funny?

Frankly speaking... I am unable to understand ... such ..... "TAMIL- FANATICISM"....

Dear Friends, please don't get angry... nor fight with me... but try to understand the Practicability... Reality.... based on our adequate past Experience on the matter.

My experience....

One mother was beating his Son... a School-boy... who was just crying without reply.

... I asked the Mother... "Why are you beating your small boy.... so cruelly?"

.... "See... this useless Tiny tot... is Not Obeying my Advice?.... "

... Why so my dear Boy?

... Uncle... I asked my Mummy... why the Rice is called as "Arisi" in Tamil... I don't like it. So I will call it as KIRISI only. On hearing this my mummy got angry and without answering my Question she started beating me.

" Oh!... so simple... Well... You are at Freedom to call it as "Kirisi" only.... and when your Mother asks you to get Arisi from the Market... You can ask the Shop-keeper to give you... "Kirisi"...

"... But do you know... what will you get?... Neither Kirisi nor Arisi nor Rice... The Shop-keeper will get angry with you that you are fooling him... by uttering some Non-sense word...

... and the People around... will call you a Fool and Laugh at you... since the article you seek is ...

... already... POPULARLY KNOWN as.... "Arisi".... and why should you create a New word....

... as... "Kirisi" ... of.... YOUR OWN?

The same argument is applicable here... especially in the case of .... NEW-INVENTIONS.

Why not call an Incubator... as INCUBATOR and Television as TELEVISION... Radio as RADIO only...

... as also the Computer as COMPUTER only.... Why a New-Tamilian-CREATURE ... KANINI?

... And ... similarly.... what is wrong... in calling a ... Lift... as... LIFT... only?

... If you call by any Tamilised word as the Substitute... How many People can understand what you MEAN....?

... Not only NON-Tamilians... but also.... the TAMILIANS themselves!

... As we see the Funny Fate of .... COMPUTER ....

... sitting in some of the KANINI-MINDED Tamilians !!

... Let us be PRACTICAL.... and Perceptible to REALITIES....

All My Dear Friends....

On this Subject I am aready participating in the Patti-Manrham-1... You ALL are Welcome to put forth your... "Pro"... or.... "Counter'- Points ... as you feel proper.

Am I WRONG to say So?[/tscii:dfaee73f11]