PDA

View Full Version : India in England - 2014

CEDYBLUE
26th June 2014, 10:55 AM
Well, it has been a while since we started a thread for a Cricket series involving India, thanks to Sachin's retirement, IPL and a couple of low-profile series across the sub-continent.

I guess, it would not be a bad time to start one for the England series, which promises to be an interesting one, given two inexperienced sides trying desperately to stitch some test wins and identify some stars for the future.

Will India Re-Invent itself in overseas conditions?

India's tour of England 2011 was a complete disaster and signalled the start of the end for the Sachin-Dravid-Laxman-Sehwag-Bhajji-Zaheer era.

India went on to lose in Australia, another whitewash. These twin-disasters proved to be nightmare for Indian cricket fans as it appeared as if we were in the 1990's again, an era where Indian Cricket teams appeared like lambs waiting for slaughter, the moment they take a flight and travel outside the subcontinent.

Sourav Ganguly's aggressive captaincy and intent helped India register memorable test wins in West Indies, England and Australia.

Rahul Dravid went one-step further and led India to test series wins in in England, West Indies and also registered India's first test win in South Africa.

The batting fab-five of Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman and Sourav looked invisible and bowlers such as the legendary Kumble, Zaheer and Harbhajan bowled match winning spells abroad.

MSD who took over the reins from Kumble, began promisingly with a test series win in New Zealand before leading India through the twin-disasters.

The captain has survived from the disastrous tour and would be looking for a better show from a new and an inexperienced side, this time around.

He would be hoping for some of his young batsmen to announce themselves to the world, just as how Sachin did in 1992 or how Ganguly/Dravid showed in 1996 or how Sehwag in 2002.

Virat Kohli and Cheteswar Pujara are the 2 stalwarts in the batting line-up while others including Shikher, Vijay, Rohit and Rahane have a lot to prove.

Bowling, well, having Ishant Sharma as your most-experienced spearhead speaks a lot about India's fast bowling stocks right now. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar should be the one to lead the attack while Mohammad Shami would also be a handful in English conditions.

Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravidra Jadeja both seem to switch on and off between good performances and some pretty average/poor displays. Consistency is missing from India's leading spinners.

England - Travelling in the Same Boat, as India!

England are coming off probably their worst streak since the team of the 1990's. A clean sweep Ashes loss in Australia and now a home loss to Srilanka raising questions on the team's potential. More importantly, England are without 3 of their most important test match winners viz., Trott, Pierterson and Swann.

But their bowling especially at home conditions should be menacing enough for India's unproven batting order.

All in all, an interesting series ahead that should do its bit to rejuvenate and rekindle the interests of Indian fans elsewhere and here in Hub.

CEDYBLUE
26th June 2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.imagesup.net/dm-1514037607192.png
http://www.imagesup.net/dm-16140376089010.png

VinodKumar's
26th June 2014, 01:00 PM
Except Kholi and Pujara no body is promising.

Shikar Dhawan, M Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Rahanae, MSD - Should be "The Worst" Indian test batting line up in all time :|. Along with Kholi and Pujara, at least two in the above list should click to get a decent result in series.

CEDYBLUE
26th June 2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.photo-host.org/images/2014/06/26/k5VGUo.png
http://www.photo-host.org/images/2014/06/26/T6rhsjZB.png
http://www.photo-host.org/images/2014/06/26/LRj4M.png
http://www.photo-host.org/images/2014/06/26/TMKhH.png
http://www.photo-host.org/images/2014/06/26/Io47B2QcX.png

CEDYBLUE
26th June 2014, 01:26 PM
Vinod,

Rahane should do reasonably well and Rohit might have a good test or two. Vijay and Shikher, very little hope.

I think Gambhir might come into the equation from the 3rd test.

VinodKumar's
26th June 2014, 01:43 PM
Our pace attack :lol:.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/188000/188003.3.jpg

CEDYBLUE
1st July 2014, 06:57 PM
Looks like Jadeja will be our first choice spinner for the England series...

2 wickets vs Derbyshire.

Ishant ineffective for 2 matches on a trot, or should i say ineffective as ever?

Pankaj is doing o.k.

CEDYBLUE
9th July 2014, 03:05 PM
India win toss and they will bat first.

Stuart Binny to debut.

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 03:10 PM
I was searching for this thread.

No Rohit Sharma ? What about Goutham Gambhir ?

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 03:15 PM
No Gambhir also.

M Vijay (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/237095.html), S Dhawan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/28235.html), CA Pujara (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/32540.html), V Kohli (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/253802.html), AM Rahane (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/277916.html), RA Jadeja (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/234675.html), MS Dhoni (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/28081.html)*†, STR Binny (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/27223.html), B Kumar (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/326016.html), I Sharma (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/236779.html), Mohammed Shami (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/481896.html)

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 03:18 PM
Looks like T20 squad. I wish to be wrong.

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 04:04 PM
Dhandathin dhandam Dhawan gone. 34/1.

Siv.S
9th July 2014, 04:47 PM
Good decision of playing with 5 bowlers, but binny as a frontline ?? Ashwin should have been the ideal choice..

Good start Monk :thumbsup:

CEDYBLUE
9th July 2014, 06:01 PM
Initially looked like Stuart Binny was a good choice with English conditions.

But looking at the slow nature of the surface, the commentators are now pointing out maybe Ashwin should have played.

Overall 106/1 @ lunch first day of a series is a good effort.

CEDYBLUE
9th July 2014, 06:28 PM
Pujara and Kohli, both out within 2 overs.

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 06:37 PM
:(. Thats not a good sign.

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 04:49 PM
300 up :clap:. Good work Vijay.

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 05:07 PM
Vijay out on 146 :notworthy:. Lets see how long Indian tail can survive.

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 05:07 PM
Anderson to Vijay, OUT, angling back in and struck high on the pad... given by Bruce Oxenford! Vijay immediately resorts DRS looks rather forlornly at the umpire and the drags himself away for a magnificent 146. That looked high to me at first glance, actually hit the thigh pad - though Oxenford could perhaps be forgiven for thinking that no delivery was going to pass over the stumps on this pitch
M Vijay lbw b Anderson 146 (361b 25x4 1x6) SR: 40.44

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 05:17 PM
Garry Sobers of India ...

Ali to Jadeja, SIX, pick that out! Tossed up and mullered back down the ground, straight and long and all the way for six

Ali to Jadeja, SIX, tossed up, nice and juicy and again dispatched with aplomb beyond the boundary ropes, got his front foot out and hit clean through the line and down the ground

Siv.S
10th July 2014, 05:23 PM
Anderson to Vijay, OUT, angling back in and struck high on the pad... given by Bruce Oxenford! Vijay immediately resorts DRS looks rather forlornly at the umpire and the drags himself away for a magnificent 146. That looked high to me at first glance, actually hit the thigh pad - though Oxenford could perhaps be forgiven for thinking that no delivery was going to pass over the stumps on this pitch
M Vijay lbw b Anderson 146 (361b 25x4 1x6) SR: 40.44
Ya bad luck :(

CEDYBLUE
10th July 2014, 06:36 PM
All unravelling pretty quickly. India may have squandered a golden opportunity to bat themselves to safety here.

346/8

CEDYBLUE
10th July 2014, 06:40 PM
That all now familiar implosion.

9 down.

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 07:00 PM
Come on Dhoni. Run out in test cricket is :banghead:. that too after spent hours in the pitch with tail coming in ..What's the need of quick single in test cricket ?

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 07:40 PM
10th wicket frustrating England. I am loving this :happydance:. Get 400 guys.

VinodKumar's
10th July 2014, 09:36 PM
Well done Bhuvi and Shami. Yethana thadava nammala verupethirupaanunga.

VinodKumar's
11th July 2014, 07:14 PM
Ishanth Sharma on his dream spell.

ajaybaskar
11th July 2014, 11:53 PM
His dream spell was against Ponting. He bowled well today too but that duel was epic.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Arvind Srinivasan
12th July 2014, 01:47 AM
India in a good position to press for an advantage. Hope they do it tomorrow.

Arvind Srinivasan
12th July 2014, 05:38 PM
India's just blown it. They need to bat sensibly in the second to make sure that the match's saved.

littlemaster1982
12th July 2014, 05:48 PM
Last wicket partnership of 170 and still going on :banghead:

VinodKumar's
12th July 2014, 08:02 PM
Ada seigh..

ajithfederer
13th July 2014, 11:26 AM
From a fb page called Srini Mama

The most exciting passage in today's play was not on pitch, but in the commentary box.

Harsha: Alright Rahul! You've been doing some impish calculations checking up some numbers!

Rahul: I was just trying to figure out the numbers of overs I gave to Ganguly and Sachin, as captain! Maybe, underbowled Ganguly there and Sachin had more test wickets.

Sourav: Yes he always did that!

Harsha: Sachin had more test wickets than Ganguly? (Naradhar tone)

Sourav: Sachin bowled half of his overs in India.

Harsha: I like the way you are sticking to your territory

Sourav: Imagine Day 5 pitches in India in those dustbowls! So he had more going for him than me. Wish I knew how to bowl spin .

EVERYONE LAUGHS!
------------------------------------------------------
They dig up the numbers

In 2007:

Sachin: 38 overs, 1 wicket: 4 Economy
Ganguly: 28 overs, 2 wickets: 2.3 Economy
-------------------------------------------------------

Sourav: Those were on flat batting pitches. Look at the economy at which I have bowled! You need some skill to do that.

Rahul: Sanjay said that, if Sourav was a yard faster & a little bit fitter, he would have been a match winner with the ball.

Sourav: I wish I was the Prime Minister for India. I would have done much more.

Harsha: This is some serious sledging. Ah come on Rahul, don't be a good boy here!

Sourav: In the Trent Bridge test in 2007, a famous Indian win, at a point in time, England were going in at 6 runs per over. Ask Rahul, whom did he fall back to?

Harsha chuckles

Rahul: I am not denying that, absolutely not! I just made the point that if Sourav didn't get tired after 5 to 6 overs, I would have made him bowl longer spells.

Harsha & Rahul chuckle together!

Sourav: I would request the production team to check my spell in that match and do the judgemet here.

Rahul: And the speeds as well!

Sourav: 10 overs on the trot. 1 for 15. (Rahul and Harsha keep laughing)

Sourav: I have seen biased people! But not as much!

Harsha: One thing is for sure Rahul! He knows his numbers.

Rahul: I have never doubted that!

Sourav: Must have been happy that he had a player with intensity in his team. Player who cared for numbers, cared for the game.

HB: I get the fact why he under bowled you now Sourav! When you were the captain, you made him keep wickets!

Rahul laughs and says stop it Harsh!

Sourav: More than me the team needed that. And we were a better team after that. Meanwhile, here we are, still struggling to pick that final wicket. 461/9.

evmoikivohoge
14th July 2014, 09:17 AM
what a fanstastic and memorable innings from bhuvi :bow: .. 2 - 50's and 1 - 5 wkt haul :clap: rare in test history

binny way to go :thumbsup: fantastic debut :)

venkkiram
14th July 2014, 09:36 AM
From a fb page called Srini Mama

One more from the same page:

Nasser Hussain : Wen can i see India playing in a football world cup ? *giggles *
Harsha bhogle : Its better not to participate rather than getting knocked out in the first round
Ganguly : If India had played world cup football for 50 years then they would have qualified for the finals at least once unlike England

evmoikivohoge
14th July 2014, 09:44 AM
One more from the same page:

Nasser Hussain : Wen can i see India playing in a football world cup ? *giggles *
Harsha bhogle : Its better not to participate rather than getting knocked out in the first round
Ganguly : If India had played world cup football for 50 years then they would have qualified for the finals at least once unlike England

Mass reply from Dada :smokesmirk:

VinodKumar's
14th July 2014, 01:03 PM
Come on Dhoni, do something or step down from test captaincy !!! I know you dont have good bowlers but allowing Anderson to get man of the match for his batting skill is nothing but shame. I dont know whether you are defensive or not, but if a team has been losing matches from good position then it has to be something wrong with captain. First SA, then NZ and now in England.

VinodKumar's
14th July 2014, 01:09 PM
When asked if it was a big disappointment that from a winning position on day three, India went on to rely on Nos 7 and 8 to save the match, Dhoni said: "That's a part and parcel of the game, and it doesn't really matter who has scored runs or taken wickets because at the end of the day it is a team game and you go with the strategy of winning the game. It doesn't really matter if No. 11 is scoring the runs or No. 7 is scoring the runs. Overall, it is important that we have put runs on the board, and we need to defend that. But plenty of positives we can take out of this game."

Indha series la nambikkaiyae poiruchu :(.

elsaen11
15th July 2014, 07:23 PM
Come on Dhoni, do something or step down from test captaincy !!! I know you dont have good bowlers but allowing Anderson to get man of the match for his batting skill is nothing but shame. I dont know whether you are defensive or not, but if a team has been losing matches from good position then it has to be something wrong with captain. First SA, then NZ and now in England.

How about bhuvi's 2 50's and shami's 50? Atleast anderson had root with him but bhuvi and shami partnership? England bowlers? World class bowlers? Home pitch? Cook captaincy?
Bhuvi should have got the MOM

littlemaster1982
15th July 2014, 10:47 PM
How about bhuvi's 2 50's and shami's 50? Atleast anderson had root with him but bhuvi and shami partnership? England bowlers? World class bowlers? Home pitch? Cook captaincy?
Bhuvi should have got the MOM

Cook's captaincy isn't a benchmark. Cook is as bad as Dhoni, if not worse, when it comes to defensive captaincy. How many times have we seen this? Slipping from an easy win to a draw or loss? From the top of my head, 1) Kallis and Boucher denying us a series win in SA, 2) Broad in Trent Bridge test last tour and 3) BMac scoring a 300+ when it looked like we would win in a canter.

I have always seen Dhoni letting the game out of our grasp, when things doesn't go in his way. He just waits for things to happen. We have been winning test series on the back of our batting might. Once our batting stalwarts lost form/stopped playing, Dhoni has got nowhere to hide.

VinodKumar's
16th July 2014, 12:02 AM
Even after biggies retirement, our batting unit looks confident in overseas. We have seen this SA and Newzeland. This team will not face a colossal failures like what we used to see in Pre Ganguly era but either will not win matches like Gaguly/Dravid/Kumble. Lack of pro activeness, interest and tactics are the main reasons. They are to be sorted out by none other than Captain. High time not to take test matches as easy as shorter versions. I wish to see different Dhoni in coming days.

When he says irresponsible answers like "Stuart Binny is someone who can really contribute for us in the future" he seems to have no idea about pitch, conditions, team selection and strategies.

ajaybaskar
16th July 2014, 12:09 AM
The problem with MS is that he has the same kind of approach to all formats. One example is the usage of Jadeja. Jaddu will automatically fit in the T20 and ODI sides but definitely not the test side. A genuine spinner should've come in, which I believe was the turning point. I don't think Dhoni being defensive was an issue at all.

evmoikivohoge
16th July 2014, 11:40 AM
thanthitv ‏@thanthitv 20m
ரவீந்திர ஜடேஜாவை திட்டியதாக புகார்: ஆண்டர்சனுக்கு தடை விதிக்கப்படுமா?#RavindraJadeja #JimmyAnderson #cricket

elsaen11
16th July 2014, 07:34 PM
Cook's captaincy isn't a benchmark. Cook is as bad as Dhoni, if not worse, when it comes to defensive captaincy. How many times have we seen this? Slipping from an easy win to a draw or loss? From the top of my head, 1) Kallis and Boucher denying us a series win in SA, 2) Broad in Trent Bridge test last tour and 3) BMac scoring a 300+ when it looked like we would win in a canter.

I have always seen Dhoni letting the game out of our grasp, when things doesn't go in his way. He just waits for things to happen. We have been winning test series on the back of our batting might. Once our batting stalwarts lost form/stopped playing, Dhoni has got nowhere to hide.

Agreed with SA. But I dont think much could have been done here.I saw the match every ball. Ishant got tired with long spells. Pitch assisted something in morning and later evening, but afternoon sessions it was like a mosaic track.

My point was anderson and broad are world class bowlers right? Forget captain here. Bhuvi and shami are too good in batting in front of anderson? That too bhuvi both innings 50!

elsaen11
16th July 2014, 07:38 PM
When he says irresponsible answers like "Stuart Binny is someone who can really contribute for us in the future" he seems to have no idea about pitch, conditions, team selection and strategies.

S Binny bad choice? Lets speak after matches in typical English conditions

evmoikivohoge
17th July 2014, 09:34 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1023182

இங்கிலாந்து அணி மீது தோனி குற்றச்சாட்டு

லண்டன்: கிரிக்கெட் விளையாட்டின் ஆன்மாவை இங்கிலாந்து அணி சிதைத்து விட்டதாக, இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் அணியின் கேப்டன் தோனி குற்றம் சாட்டியுள்ளார். இது தொடர்பாக ஆன்டர்சனின் மன்னிப்பை ஏற்க மறுத்துள்ள தோனி, ஜடேஜாவை தாக்கியதன் மூலம் கிரிக்கெட் விளையாட்டின் ஆன்மாவை இங்கிலாந்து அணி சிதைத்து விட்டதாக, குற்றம் சாட்டியுள்ளார்.

Siv.S
17th July 2014, 02:08 PM
The problem with MS is that he has the same kind of approach to all formats. One example is the usage of Jadeja. Jaddu will automatically fit in the T20 and ODI sides but definitely not the test side. A genuine spinner should've come in, which I believe was the turning point. I don't think Dhoni being defensive was an issue at all.

I damn sure that he will not change the playing XI :banghead:

littlemaster1982
17th July 2014, 02:33 PM
Agreed with SA. But I dont think much could have been done here.I saw the match every ball. Ishant got tired with long spells. Pitch assisted something in morning and later evening, but afternoon sessions it was like a mosaic track.

My point was anderson and broad are world class bowlers right? Forget captain here. Bhuvi and shami are too good in batting in front of anderson? That too bhuvi both innings 50!

Why was Ishant tired? It's because we selected 3 bowlers and 2 bits and pieces players. Whose fault was that? Whatever the conditions, Anderson had no business scoring 81 and involving in a 198 run partnership? I still can't digest that.

Also, I don't really consider Anderson and Broad as that good.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:33 PM
Anderson to Vijay, no run, huge movement there, almost a legspin type delivery, angles in, hits the seam and jags sharply away, Vijay ends up playing inside the line, way inside the line

:shaking:.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:35 PM
S Binny bad choice? Lets speak after matches in typical English conditions

I asked what's the use of taking him in flat pitch if he can be fruitful only in green pitches / or in future games.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:36 PM
I damn sure that he will not change the playing XI :banghead:

He did not. Even West Indies will not play Jadeja as a leading spinner in Test cricket :banghead:. Two half baked all-rounders.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:37 PM
Nasser Hussain says he has never seen as green a pitch at Lord's.

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 03:50 PM
Vinod, They under estimated the trent bridge pitch. Even cook was surprised with it

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:50 PM
Faisal: "Error 404: Pitch not found.... Looks like they're playing on the outfield." :lol:.

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 03:51 PM
Green pitch. Andersen swinging it like spin bowling. Tough time

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 03:56 PM
Why was Ishant tired? It's because we selected 3 bowlers and 2 bits and pieces players. Whose fault was that? Whatever the conditions, Anderson had no business scoring 81 and involving in a 198 run partnership? I still can't digest that.

Also, I don't really consider Anderson and Broad as that good.

Agreed jadeja should have been replaced with ashwin. But i dont think that would have made big difference in that pitch. So happy for bhuvi and shami? As i said atleast root was there with anderson but bhuvi and shami both tail enders right?

Anderson is the best bowler when it comes to overseas conditions. You cant disagree.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 03:58 PM
Broad to Vijay, no run, dropped, Broad has been striving for that outside edge all over, he gets it this time, a feather through to the keeper, Prior has to dive to his right, that was a low chance, Prior gets a glove on it but puts it down, not the easiest chance but should have been taken, Vijay was dropped on 0 at Trent Bridge as well

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 04:07 PM
Match looks interesting. Love to see overseas match just for this swinging wickets. TheBigtest

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 04:08 PM
Faisal: "Error 404: Pitch not found.... Looks like they're playing on the outfield." :lol:.

Federer was getting ready for the match :lol2:

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 04:09 PM
Federer was getting ready for the match :lol2:

Ha ha that's a good one.

Siv.S
17th July 2014, 04:10 PM
He did not. Even West Indies will not play Jadeja as a leading spinner in Test cricket :banghead:. Two half baked all-rounders.
Ya he is so adamant :banghead: they might thought that dropping Jadeja now will be seen as for different reason :lol:

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 04:15 PM
;).

Anderson 5-5-0-1. Pujara 21 balls 0 run. Shewag !!!

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 04:20 PM
"The last time any team added 100+ runs for their opening wicket in the first innings of a Test at Lord's against England was in 1993, when Slater and Taylor added 260"

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 04:58 PM
I asked what's the use of taking him in flat pitch if he can be fruitful only in green pitches / or in future games.

:huh: irresponsible?

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 04:59 PM
Enna ?

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 05:35 PM
73/2 - Lunch. If not Vijay was out, this would have been a great session for us.

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 10:01 PM
Bhuvi again?

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 10:29 PM
Well done, Bhuvi.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 10:29 PM
Rahanae's six :notworthy:.

CEDYBLUE
17th July 2014, 10:40 PM
Ajinka Rahane....

Take a Bow :)

A century at the home of cricket....

CEDYBLUE
17th July 2014, 10:41 PM
He goes now.....but a good comeback by India. India 275/9

CEDYBLUE
17th July 2014, 11:00 PM
India 290/9 at stumps Day 1

India's day on a green track and happy that Rahane is proving his worth in India's middle order. Always a better player in all conditions that Rohit Sharma.

India were 145/7 and they have doubled it for 2 more wickets.

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 11:06 PM
Well done Rahane. Keep going. Dravid must be proud :).

elsaen11
17th July 2014, 11:32 PM
Special innings from Rahane. Tomo morning conditions will help Indian bowlers. Loved to see frustrated Broad and Anderson towards the end :lol2:

VinodKumar's
17th July 2014, 11:43 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189200/189283.jpg

VinodKumar's
18th July 2014, 03:51 PM
295 all out. Another 5 runs would have been good. Ok now our first target is Cook :D. Come on Bhuvi and Shami.

VinodKumar's
18th July 2014, 04:44 PM
Don't drop catches :twisted:.

VinodKumar's
18th July 2014, 04:50 PM
Bhuvi got his second wicket. 8 over spell :|. Dhoni, Bhuvi thambiku rest kuduppa :).

littlemaster1982
18th July 2014, 06:49 PM
When you play two half bowlers in a bowling pitch, you can't avoid giving long spells to the only one who looks like taking a wicket.

VinodKumar's
18th July 2014, 07:01 PM
He has just bowled his 17th over in total of 36 overs bowled by India :banghead:. What Mr. Binny is doing ? Saving him for future ?

VinodKumar's
19th July 2014, 07:20 PM
Bhuvi :clap: ..2 five fer and 2 fifties in 3 innings...

VinodKumar's
20th July 2014, 11:48 PM
Good day for India. Vijay,Bhuvi and Ishanth were superb. Jadeja dint plan to hang in there. Good that he played aggressively. Otherwise the turn out from him would be less than 10. Come on guys,take this match home. Can't see another Wellington or Johannesburg.

Binny - "Will be helpful in future".

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 12:59 PM
Ishanth Sharma's bunnies.

Batsman (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_batsman;template=r esults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
Span (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_span;template=resu lts;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
Mat (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_matches;template=r esults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
Dishttp://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/blackArrowDown.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_dismissals;orderby ad=reverse;template=results;type=bowling;view=bats man_summary)
bwd (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_bowled;template=re sults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
c fie (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_caught_fielder;tem plate=results;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
c wk (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_caught_keeper;temp late=results;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
st (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_stumped;template=r esults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
lbw (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_lbw;template=resul ts;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
hw (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_hit_wicket;templat e=results;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
Mat/Dis (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_matches_per_dismis sal;template=results;type=bowling;view=batsman_sum mary)
Ave (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_average;template=r esults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)
0s (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;orderby=dis_ducks;template=res ults;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary)

AN Cook (Eng)
2008-2014
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?batsman=45788;class=1;template=results ;type=bowling;view=dismissal_list)

MJ Clarke (Aus)
2008-2013
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?batsman=8876;class=1;template=results; type=bowling;view=dismissal_list)

RT Ponting (Aus)
2008-2012
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?batsman=2230;class=1;template=results; type=bowling;view=dismissal_list)

IR Bell (Eng)
2008-2014
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?batsman=7822;class=1;template=results; type=bowling;view=dismissal_list)

SR Watson (Aus)
2008-2013
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?batsman=10125;class=1;template=results ;type=bowling;view=dismissal_list)

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 03:42 PM
Need at least couple of wickets in first session. Come on guys.

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 04:37 PM
Are we in for another anti-climax :( ?

satissh_r
21st July 2014, 04:38 PM
Vinod neenga inga thaniya kada nadarathurathu therinjiruntha nan munnadiye vanthiruppen :) No wickets in 16 overs bowled today..

A wicket or two before lunch will strengthen our position, don't want to see another century from Root

satissh_r
21st July 2014, 04:39 PM
Some good omen: The last time both India openers (Bangar and Sehwag) bowled in a Test against England, India won, at Leeds in 2002. #engvind

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 04:46 PM
Vinod neenga inga thaniya kada nadarathurathu therinjiruntha nan munnadiye vanthiruppen :)

:lol:. Welcome.

Siv.S
21st July 2014, 04:58 PM
Are we in for another anti-climax :( ?
:shaking: Dhoni is missing a genuine spinner... Binny yet to bowl in the 2nd innings :lol2:

Siv.S
21st July 2014, 05:01 PM
Alec Stewart@StewieCricket
Get it down to 150 runs needed with 6 wickets still in hand and watch the Indian team start to panic. Have only ever won once at Lords :argh:

elsaen11
21st July 2014, 05:29 PM
Waiting for new ball. Jadeja was bit unlucky with ball.

elsaen11
21st July 2014, 05:31 PM
Well planned . M Ali was trapped. :)

Siv.S
21st July 2014, 05:41 PM
That was a good plan :D

Short leg and a slip for Moeen....

Sharma to Ali, no run, banged in short and down the leg side, nothing doing from the batsman

Leg gully in as well... India trying to make something crack

Sharma to Ali, no run, short and leg side again, Moeen thinks about playing at it and pulls out, Dhoni fumbles the catch but leg gully collects

Sharma to Ali, OUT, dug in, Moeen takes his eye off the ball and ducks into it - gloves to short leg and he's gone, with the last ball before the interval! Half of the ground erupts, the rest sit in stunned silence. Ishant has ripped out a huge wicket, ending a 101-run stand and giving India something to savour over their sandwiches. The ball was short and rose at a horrible angle for Moeen, he stuck up his dukes but the killer punch had already been thrown
MM Ali c Pujara b Sharma 39 (147b 5x4 0x6) SR: 26.53

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 05:55 PM
See how cricbuzz covered that over..

75.6 Ishant to Moeen Ali, out Caught by Pujara at short leg!! Ishant has done it. The short ball ploy has worked. Moeen Ali was looking to duck, took his eyes off the ball and then just thrust his glove in the way - lobbed off the glove to Che. Ishant strikes with the last ball before lunch. The England think-tank is gutted on the balcony and so are the batsmen in the middle. Moeen Ali c Pujara b Ishant 39(147) [4s-5]
Ishant to Moeen Ali, THATS OUT!! Caught!!
Last delivery before lunch
75.5 Ishant to Moeen Ali, no run, another worst delivery - well down leg and it needed a half-stop by Dhoni diving to his right to save some runs
75.4 Ishant to Moeen Ali, no run, down leg and that's such a useless delivery at this stage, with the field set
This will be the last over before lunch. Short leg, leg gully and a slip in place for Moeen Ali
75.3 Ishant to J Root, leg byes, 1 run, the short deliveries seem to be troubling Root. He takes his eyes off the ball, wants to duck, but is too late, the ball thuds into the body and runs away for extras
75.2 Ishant to J Root, no run, good short delivery, had Root hopping and fending at it, but did well to play it with soft hands, dropped it down quickly. But that short delivery did certainly awoke Root up
A leg gully in too for Ishant. Looks like the plan is to bowl short
75.1 Ishant to J Root, no run, banged in short, Root ducks under it
No slip for Ishant. Just a short leg in now. Bizarre captaincy! Expect an edge to go through slip now

ajaybaskar
21st July 2014, 06:00 PM
Lol. That was well planned and any person with a wee bit of cricket knowledge would've known what's in store. Cricbuzz!!!! :(

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:06 PM
But why so late ? Anyway lets go with the momentum get two more wickets quickly and put them under pressure. Only Ishanth or Jaddu can win us this match.

ajaybaskar
21st July 2014, 06:09 PM
New ball is just a few overs away. Expecting some wickets soon. Root will be the key

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:18 PM
England attacking. Gets interesting. Idnia should not be scared now.

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:21 PM
20 runs in two overs after lunch. Too much of short stuff it seems. Praying all gods in the world.

ajaybaskar
21st July 2014, 06:21 PM
And India shouldn't over do this short ball stuff like England. Keep calm and believe in the new ball and Bhuvi

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:23 PM
actually from yesterday onwards Dhoni looks so desperate. He become restless and starts trying too many things when things doesnt go in India way.

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:23 PM
Sriram Raghava: "Thank God ! Ali wasn't out for a full toss. Indian bowlers would be bowling 6 toss balls an over by now."

:rotfl:.

Siv.S
21st July 2014, 06:29 PM
HaHa it worked... :lol:

ajaybaskar
21st July 2014, 06:30 PM
We've seen Prior for the last time?

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 06:34 PM
Sticking to the plan has worked on India's favour.

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:36 PM
It worked but cost us 25 runs !!! Anyway that's god game. 119 runs 4 wickets ... go for wickets !!!

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:37 PM
Stokes gone :thumbsup:.

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:38 PM
Ishanth Sharma 5 fer !!!

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 06:42 PM
Ishant :clap:

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:42 PM
Root gone.

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 06:47 PM
Ada paravala vidunga Vinodh.. 25runs pona poguthu.. 3 wicket vanthiduchu la.. Root cleared 8-)

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 06:51 PM
Is this the first time India bouncing out a side. Ah I can't watch it live :(.

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 06:58 PM
@rameshsrivats : "ISH" - The start of Ishant. The end of the English. :lol:

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 07:02 PM
Broad gone !!!

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 07:02 PM
Our chances for the Victory Broadened :thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 07:11 PM
99 runs 1 wicket ...

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 07:13 PM
Alec Stewart@StewieCricket
Get it down to 150 runs needed with 6 wickets still in hand and watch the Indian team start to panic. Have only ever won once at Lords :argh:

Thomas George: "Alec Stewart wrote early that if ENG reach 150/4 IND will start to panic. Eager to know his new equation now."

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 07:13 PM
Rajesh says
India won their first Test at Lord's in 1986, 3 years after winning the World cup. From 2011 to 2014; History repeats itself 3 years on? :)

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 07:17 PM
Vetri vetri :happydance: :cry:.

ArulprakasH
21st July 2014, 07:17 PM
:victory: :victory: :victory:

Arvind Srinivasan
21st July 2014, 07:28 PM
Great bowling. Great win. ....:clap: :clap: :clap:

venkkiram
21st July 2014, 07:35 PM
பௌலிங் சரியில்லை, பௌலிங் சரியில்ல என்ற தொடர் சமாளிப்பினால் வெகுண்டெழுந்த பௌலர்கள் பேட்டிங்கிலும் கோலோச்சி பெற்றுதந்த வெற்றி. அதுவும் வேக,மித-வேகப் பந்துவீச்சே இவ்வெற்றியை தந்திருக்கிறது என்பது சிறப்பு.

elsaen11
21st July 2014, 07:59 PM
Bizarre captaincy? Take that on your face.

Well done MSD and co.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st July 2014, 09:51 PM
Congratz Dhoni Bhai & Co :)

CEDYBLUE
21st July 2014, 10:35 PM
Congrats to MSD for notching up his 27th test win as Captain of India.

Finally good to see Ishant doing justice to his talent.

Heartening to see Rahane evolve as a good test middle order batsman and Murali Vijay is winning hearts for his poise and technique.

Only concern is the pretty shocking use/non-use of Binny. This test puts Binny's test career on the line, but knowing Dhoni, i hope Binny is given a long rope.

On the whole, a great win for Team India.

elsaen11
21st July 2014, 11:30 PM
Ishanth Sharma as he received his Man-of-the-Match award. "I think all these wickets are not for me, it is for the captain," he said. "He told me ,'you are tall enough, you have to bowl the bouncer,' that's what I did and it worked for me."

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:21 AM
He looked the same when he entered the press-conference room. He made familiar jokes. He seemed the same man, not too overjoyed by a big Test win. Still, this MS Dhoni was a new MS Dhoni. Having completed India's second Test win at Lord's, after getting sent in on a green pitch, Dhoni revealed how he had to step in and get his bowlers to execute what seemed like the right plan to him. He also said it was high time he intervened.
Dhoni had to convince Ishant Sharma to bowl bouncers at the England batsmen after they had blunted India's plan A for almost the whole first session. The result was a five-wicket collapse against the short ball in half an hour, three falling to the pull or the hook and two when left-hand batsmen fended rising deliveries.
"To start off with, it was very difficult to convince him [Ishant]," Dhoni said. "When he first came on to bowl, I asked him to bowl short, and he turned the other way. Then I set the field for him so that he couldn't even think of bowling up. So the strategy was to give him a field so he is forced to bowl the length that I wanted him to bowl.
"It worked, and once he got Moeen's wicket [with the last ball before lunch] he was eager enough to try that attack for a consistent period of time. He works really hard on his fitness and on his bowling and doesn't shy away from bowling long spells. Whenever you ask him to bowl, whatever situation, he gives his 100%. There is no reason why he shouldn't test this line of attack. He will have to bowl a high number of overs outside India so he will have to bowl short because he has the height so he can exploit the bounce and put pressure on batsmen. He can add this to his armoury because it is definitely difficult to convince him."
Dhoni spoke about how he had let his bowlers be, but of late he and Duncan Fletcher had begun to more than nudge them in the right direction. "Duncan definitely wants to try everything, and he wants the bowlers to bowl short also. We have been trying to convince our bowlers to bowl a few bouncers. At times we had this problem in South Africa and in New Zealand that we bowled the first 10 overs without bowling a single bouncer. And you go and ask them and they say it was swinging enough to get the batsmen out.
"At times it's not the bouncer that gets you the wicket but what happens after the bouncer that can actually get you wickets. At times it becomes difficult to make them understand even if you are saying it in simple words. Cricket is a complex sport. Ishant never wanted to bowl round the wicket. He was like, 'No it's going that way. So I want to bowl over.' So what happens is when you go through that phase it opens that sector for you. Your armoury increases. We don't want to force ourselves on the bowlers, but now in the past four or five games I definitely think their view to bouncers and short stuff has opened up. Now they are using it quite consistently."
Dhoni's comments may not show the bowlers' intelligence in great light, but it is a welcome change from a captain who has been accused of being too passive in the field.

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:31 AM
I wish to see different Dhoni in coming days.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/762963.html

Now, I wish he continues :). Thanks Dhoni.

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:32 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189700/189733.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:33 AM
My pick ... paduthae vittan aiya ;)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189700/189747.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:33 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189700/189761.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:35 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189700/189743.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:37 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189700/189701.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:38 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189600/189639.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:38 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/189600/189653.jpg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:39 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s480x480/10537422_10152324227946317_2198264798727965209_n.j pg

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 12:42 AM
How does it feel to win at Lord's?
Don't know how exactly it feels. It will be my last Test at Lord's. Don't see myself coming back here in I don't know how many years. Definitely a memorable Test match. Have had close Tests here. Still remember 2007 series where we drew the match because of bad light, and me and Sreesanth were batting at that time. We saved that Test and went on to be victoriou​s in that series. Every match is special and it's great to win Test matches outside India. Being Lord's, yes very special. But at the same time every Test match is special.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/762973.html

littlemaster1982
22nd July 2014, 04:38 AM
Great win :thumbsup: Congrats Dhoni & team :D

CEDYBLUE
22nd July 2014, 09:45 AM
Mohandas Menon:

Since England players urinated on the Oval pitch on 25 Aug 2013, their Test record
9 Tests, won 0, lost 7, drawn 2

India's first Test win without any of BIG 5 (SRT, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Kumble) since November 1989!

Best bowling at Lord's by a bowler from subcontinent

7/74 I Sharma 2014
6/32 M Nazar 1982
6/35 Amar Singh 1936
6/82 B Kumar 2014

Ishant Sharma's 7/74 is the 5th best by any visiting bowler at Lord's after G McGrath 8/38, B Massie 8/53 & 8/84 and S Pegler 7/65

venkkiram
22nd July 2014, 05:04 PM
Mohandas Menon:

Since England players urinated on the Oval pitch on 25 Aug 2013, their Test record
9 Tests, won 0, lost 7, drawn 2

India's first Test win without any of BIG 5 (SRT, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Kumble) since November 1989!

Best bowling at Lord's by a bowler from subcontinent

7/74 I Sharma 2014
6/32 M Nazar 1982
6/35 Amar Singh 1936
6/82 B Kumar 2014

Ishant Sharma's 7/74 is the 5th best by any visiting bowler at Lord's after G McGrath 8/38, B Massie 8/53 & 8/84 and S Pegler 7/65

It should have been Big 6. சாகிர் கானையும் கட்டாயம் சேர்க்கணும். இப்படியெல்லாம் எத்தனைநாளைக்கு அவரது டெஸ்ட் சாதனைகளை இருட்டடிப்பு செய்வது?

ajaybaskar
22nd July 2014, 06:23 PM
அப்படி பாத்தா, Big 8. சேவாக்கையும் பஜ்ஜியையும் கூடத்தான் சேர்க்க வேண்டியிருக்கும்.

VinodKumar's
22nd July 2014, 06:37 PM
Big 4 kae neraya panchayathu vaika vendi varum ;).

HonestRaj
26th July 2014, 01:30 PM
i would say Big 3.. :p

VinodKumar's
26th July 2014, 05:46 PM
Adha thaan naa appdi sonnaen

VinodKumar's
28th July 2014, 04:24 PM
Match is almost out of hour hands :(. Hope our batting excels.

VinodKumar's
28th July 2014, 07:31 PM

Jadeja to Bell, FOUR, whack! This time it's short, he's toying with Jaddu's lengths here. Back cut to beat point on his left

Jadeja to Bell, SIX, into orbit again and Ageas is on it's feet! Dances down the track, didn't exactly get to the pitch but he swings his arms again and connects cleanly

Jadeja to Bell, FOUR, gorgeous! Lovely long stride forward, stayed leg side of the ball to make sure he has enough room to caress this fuller ball through the covers. Not a bad ball that, but Bell has timed this brilliantly

Jadeja to Bell, SIX, off comes the helmet, hugs his partner, raises the bat to the skies to celebrate his first ton since England hosted the Ashes, with the most sumptuous hit down the ground. Soaks in his moment, then re-marks his guard to dig back in

Eppovachum adikira 50ku allrounder-ngara perla vachrundha ippdi thaan !!!

VinodKumar's
30th July 2014, 09:07 PM
Done and dusted.

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 03:39 PM
Manchester (Where Sachin got his first hundred right ? ) Test - India wont the toss and elected to bat first.

Gambhir (?), Ashwin and Aaron comes in for Dhawan, Rohit and Shami. Looks like most of the match will be eaten by rain.

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 03:49 PM
Manchester (Where Sachin got his first hundred right ? )

I was right and that's the last time India played a test match at Old Trafford :shock:.

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 03:58 PM
Important match for Gambhir (returns after 3 years) and Pankaj (may not get another match with luckless factor considered if he cant find wickets) as they are at threatening (:lol:) 30's ...

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 04:04 PM
Anderson to Vijay, no run, good length to begin with and there's immediate signs of away movement for Anderson, wide enough for Vijay to watch past

Ivangaluku mattum eppadai immediate ah kedaikudhu ??

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 04:20 PM
Gambhir and Vijay :wave:. India back in to their old school ...

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 04:25 PM
8/3 ... gambhir - 4 , Vijay and Kholi - 0. Idhukku mela indha kandaravaiya paatha adhu avamaanam,

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 04:32 PM
8/4 - Dhoni in crease in 6th over :rotfl:.

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/190700/190755.jpg

littlemaster1982
7th August 2014, 06:06 PM
Sooperabbu!!

ajaybaskar
7th August 2014, 06:40 PM
Pujara and Kohli's indifferent form not helping things. :(

VinodKumar's
7th August 2014, 06:50 PM
All-rounder Jadeja goes for duck !!! 63/6. Even rain cannot stop us England winning this.

Arvind Srinivasan
17th August 2014, 08:55 PM
Team India- Les Miserables.....Horrible performance..

venkkiram
18th August 2014, 09:24 AM
India's third-worst defeat in Tests

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/771487.html

36 Number of years since India lost three Test series in a row. Over the past eight months, India have been defeated in South Africa, New Zealand and now England. The last time they lost three consecutive series was between 1976-78, going down to England, Australia and then Pakistan.

22.2 Cheteshwar Pujara's batting average in this series. This is the poorest for an Indian No. 3, over a minimum of five innings in a Test series in England.

134 Number of runs for Virat Kohli in this series, making it the second-lowest aggregate by a top-four batsman having played at least 10 innings. The lowest is also by an Indian, Chandu Sarwate, who scored only 100 runs against Australia in 1947-48.

ajithfederer
18th August 2014, 01:26 PM
Video: Geoffrey Boycott uses famous "rubbish" gibe at Gautam Gambhir

Scathing commentary by geoff boycott who calls it correctly. Must watch video.

Former England opener Geoff Boycott is known for not mincing his words, and he certainly didn’t while expressing what he thought of Gautam Gambhir, taunting him to be “rubbish” even before he had faced a delivery during day one of The Oval Test between England and India. And right on cue, Gambhir, who averages a paltry 13.77 from his 5 Tests in England, was out nicking to Jos Buttler from the bowling of James Anderson off the very first delivery he faced in the ongoing 5th Test.

The Delhi batsman replaced the faltering Shikhar Dhawan after the 3rd Test match in the hope that he would’ve learned from his mistakes on India’s previous tour to England and become a better player, but he clearly hasn’t and it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if we’ve seen the last of Gambhir in Test cricket.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/england-india-2014-geoffrey-boycott-famous-rubbish-gibe-gautam-gambhir

CEDYBLUE
3rd September 2014, 05:40 PM
Winning the ODI series is good but cannot even be considered a consolation to the test debacle.

Happy to see Ajinka Rahane tower over the other fancied/flamboyant next-gen batsmen in the current team.

Rahane's composure reminds of the golden Sachin/Dravid/Laxman generation.

Pujara will find a way out of this rot, i hope.

Kohli had great tours of South Africa and New Zealand, but frankly this tour has been a complete embarrassment for him. Even if he scores in the last ODI and the T20, it still cannot quite cover his rather disastrous run in the rest of the tour.

Murali Vijay is always a mixed bag. True, he had a good series, but you can expect him to have a bad one, up next. Hope he proves me wrong.

Dhoni's captaincy in the test matches left a lot to be desired. His inability to inspire his team in the middle of a losing streak is a worrying aspect of his captaincy. He loses one, you can expect the team to turn flat the reminder of the series. No real inspiration nor intent in his test captaincy. Sometimes Dhoni's ultra-cool attitude which is his strength becomes his weakness.

No real hopes for World Cup 2015. Cricket, on the whole is a lot less exciting since the retirement of Sachin Tendulkar.

19thmay
3rd September 2014, 07:00 PM
Cedy - Currently none of the team has strong ODI squad. If BCCI can use the Australia tour properly then they can try something in the world cup.

CEDYBLUE
6th September 2014, 10:03 AM
I agree Sridhar! Most of the teams are the same.

But as it was always Sachin and the Rest of the Cricketing World for most of us, the Rest of the Cricketing World after Sachin's retirement looks mundane and ordinary :)

elsaen11
6th September 2014, 10:29 PM
True. After Sachin retirement, feeling a bit odd. Dhoni is inspiring me to follow cricket now