View Full Version : ARR News and other Tidbits

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

rayan36
30th June 2006, 09:44 AM
Here's the mp3 link for the song

http://rapidshare.de/files/24526047/Ekam_Satyam.MP3.html

rashid2raj
30th June 2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, it's the same song.. Do you think this is the original one? The voice could be ARR's.. :?

Ramakrishna
30th June 2006, 05:53 PM
ARR intro in Super singer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvEGACOamQ

Ramakrishna
30th June 2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUNpF99vRU&mode=related&search=

Asianet theme by ARR

Scale
4th July 2006, 12:16 PM
Check this new launch of ARR-Portal http://www.rahmantimes.com/ by Bharat K.V.

:thumbsup: :clap: :notworthy:

rayan36
4th July 2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah, it's the same song.. Do you think this is the original one? The voice could be ARR's.. :?

It certainly sounds like it :wink:

kb
8th July 2006, 05:41 AM
[tscii:8b05e49aed]
‘Rahman the wizard’- Stanford University recognizes him so!
For the India’s Consul General in San Francisco, Mr B S Prakash, it was an event that made him feel proud to be an Indian. India’s top Music Director, A R Rahman was honoured by the music and humanities department of Stanford University, a prestigious university known for excellence in science, engineering and technological departments.
Madhavan

Insha Allah: it’s God’s Will!

While the audience sat expectant and electric, preparation behind the stage was well-orchestrated and intense. The participants were dressed to gig to A R Rahman’s hits. However, Rahman himself sat quiet, cool and collected. This man, call him a man of God if you want for he is so prayerful most of his day, is used to being applauded and eulogized. Celebrity status, for him, is a gift of God and all glory went to God finally.
Rewriting music for cinema?

For Rahman, the path from a backyard studio outfit to the auditoriums of Stanford University has been a long but steady one. Even though he knew that he would rewrite the way music was composed for cinema, he would keep himself unassuming and go ahead with what he thought he was good at—music.

Music was not simply the notes you wrote and played.

Madhavan
Rahman, familiar as he is with a variety of styles—classical, Sufi, and fusion and also light-music that is used for commercial cinema—created versions that would set new trends in cinema music and re-recording.
Madhavan

American researcher analyzes Rahman’s music

This was clearly analyzed by an American researcher, Natalie Sarrazin that day at Stanford when she deconstructed Bollywood music and dissected Rahman’s style to illustrate how Rahman set a new trend.

Says B S Prakash, recalling that day’s programme: Rahman changed the sound, utilizing new musical idioms that can be understood by Westerners and Indians alike, Natalie said.
The changes included disregarding old musical codes, layering instruments one at a time and using an almost minimalist approach to placing each sound thoughtfully and deliberately on a blank canvas. Example: Before the advent of Rahman it took a hundred violin plaintive strings to show the impending romance; a whole huge orchestra swept up emotions. Rahman had changed that. He had made street sounds respectable, made you listen to a single beat say the rice husk being pounded, to natural sounds of daily implements and so on. Natalie also illustrated all this with bits and pieces from movies old and new and it was like a university class with a difference: familiar images from Raj Kapoor to Anil Kapoor and tunes from Taal Se Taal Mila were the subject of the discourse.
Rahman: truly global

Rahman is truly a global music director today—working with Andrew Lloyd Weber, composing music for patches of Hollywood’s Lord of the Rings and once again scoring music for Chinese or Japanese films. There is something in him and in his music that is totally beyond borders of nationality, religion and the humdrum traps of everyday world.

Madhavan
He is now going beyond even his names—Dileep Kumar, A R Rahman. He is now a synonym for music that captivates you whether you are an Indian or American or Chinese.[/tscii:8b05e49aed]

RR
10th July 2006, 08:26 PM
[html:9f5a264597]http://www.mayyam.com/contribs/incoming/20060710/13_11.jpg[/html:9f5a264597]

Naaz
11th July 2006, 06:54 PM
THE BEST OF ILAYARAJA AND A.R.RAHMAN

I am planning a special 2 hour radio programme on the BEST of IR and ARR in Tamizh and Hindi Films. The show (if all goes well) will be aired on 23rd July 2006 on :

www.citr.ca

8-10 pm PDT.

I could use all the help and input you can provide. Please drop me a line at naaz99@yahoo.com and I will be glad to tell you my requirements. Hope you can make this programme a success...I will check for your email messages all of this and next week. Thanks in advance.

Naaz

Ramakrishna
11th July 2006, 09:47 PM
ARR interview.Awesome.Don't miss it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCnrKWtuys

vijayr
12th July 2006, 10:31 PM
Ramakrishna, thanks for the link.

ArulprakasH
13th July 2006, 12:25 AM
Life is a circle for Rehman IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, July 12, 2006]

A R Rehman is the happening music director today with a busy schedule ahead of him.

Strumming out tunes for Sivaji, Rehman's forthcoming projects include sequel of Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth and a musical London Dreams. He is also assigned to score music for Mani Ratnam's Guru, Shyam Benegal's Chamki Chameli and the periodical Akbar Jodha.

However the young music-composer has managed to squeeze time to attempt something new. He is coming out with a offbeat new music album, which will be out by the end of the year

For the album, Rehman is teaming up with a guitarist of international repute.

Rehman says nature is his muse and this comes through in the new signature tune that he's created for Worldspace, who have also signed him on as their brand ambassador.

'I started out with jingles and I am now composing music for advertisements. Life has come a full circle,' Rehman says philosophically.

inetk
13th July 2006, 08:43 AM
[tscii:2675a94fe4]http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1041187

Guru to A R Rahman, Ilaiyaraaja says he always knew Rahman was a bright spark. “That’s why I took him into my troupe! My keyboard player was drunk so I told my team to get me a player from somewhere. They came back saying a little boy was there - I was okay with the 11-year-old!” he smiles. From placing his fingers on the keyboard to helping him play, he’s proud of his ‘little spark’ who has sure has gone places.[/tscii:2675a94fe4]

Ramakrishna
13th July 2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-03/13-07-06-ar-rahman.html

ArulprakasH
15th July 2006, 01:53 PM
[tscii:f45b907a7c] AR Rahman to play before packed house July 15, 2006

For the US based fans of Rahman, it is going to a real treat—Hollywood Bowl to be held on July 16th—if they manage to get a ticket. The garden seats, the terrace seats, the box seats and the superseats have already been booked to full. All that are available are a couple of benches.

Rahman, hailed as Mozart from Madras by the Time magazine, has left Chennai with his entourage consisting of Sukhwinder Singh who sang the Chhaiya Chhaiya song, Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Madhushree, Naresh Iyer and of course, the constant Rahman company, Drums Sivamani. A group of Rajasthani musicians called Musafir will also be sharing the stage with Rahman. The team will be regaling the US audience not only with Bollywood music but also with classical and folk compositions.

The all male Stanford University Asian vocalists, Raagapella, and dancers from Bollywood Step dance troupe and Global Rhythms will also be participating on stage to Rahman’s music. Surely this maestro is all set to rock Highland Avenue, California, on Sunday.[/tscii:f45b907a7c]

Ramakrishna
16th July 2006, 10:20 AM
Ayutha Ezuthu studio song link
http://rapidshare.de/files/5957548/SandaiKozhiAlaapVocals.mp3.html

Ramakrishna
16th July 2006, 12:02 PM
RadioCity 91 FM, Bangalore will broadcast a special interview with ARR
at 6 Pm on July 16th,
Sunday. The interview is produced by WorldSpace's Radio Jhankaar.

Not sure if the interview will be carried on other RadioCity stations
across the country
(Lucknow, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai).

ArulprakasH
17th July 2006, 03:18 PM
Tid bits of A R R

http://www.dicinema.com/101july1606/images/page004-005.jpg

Sharp eyes Needed to read

aruvi
18th July 2006, 04:49 AM
"http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1041187"

Regarding this link, I doubt the validity of some of the info.

Rahman played for IR between 86-87 for a year. When he started working at 11, he was doing instrument arrangement, as per most of his interviews.

rayan36
18th July 2006, 02:50 PM
[tscii:f4ae5cfc5e]The Lord of the Rings

Nominations for the 2006 Dora Mavor Moore Awards, celebrating achievement in Toronto Theatre, were announced on June 6th at noon at the Bank of Montreal offices at First Canadian Place. Lord of the Rings ruled them all in terms of quantity. The epic musical version of the Tolkien fantasy classic received 15 nominations and was the front-runner in the General Theatre division.

The 3-and-a half-hour musical condensation of Tolkien's hobbits-and-elves trilogy is directed by Matthew Warchus. The Lord of the Rings also features music by A.R. Rahman (along with the Finnish group Varrtina), and the book and lyrics are by Shaun McKenna. Rob Howell’s elaborate sets feature three interconnected turntables with 16 elevators; he also designed the costumes. The show is presented by Kevin Wallace and Saul Zaentz, in association with David and Ed Mirvish and Michael Kohl. Brent Carver is among the musical's stars.

"Recognizing the outstanding achievements in Toronto’s performing arts community, the Doras honour the creators of over 200 theatre, dance and opera productions annually in the following categories: General Theatre, Independent Theatre, Dance, Opera and Theatre for Young Audiences...The Doras are named for Dora Mavor Moore (1888 – 1979), a well-loved teacher and director who helped establish Canadian professional theatre in the 1930s and 1940s. Each winner receives a bronze statue cast from an original by sculptor John Romano," state notes on the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts' website.

The Awards will be presented Monday, June 2 at the Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto; they will be hosted by David Gale.

[/tscii:f4ae5cfc5e]

Ramakrishna
19th July 2006, 08:26 PM
[tscii:011d27b4e6]Rahman rocks US. Will he be called to next Oscars?

Rahman’s performance at the Hollywood Bowl has taken the Americans by surprise, especially the Hollywood Badshahs. Studios like Warner Bros, Fox and Universal are so impressed that they are seriously considering giving a Bollywood touch to the next Oscars’ events.

"The American audience was completely blown away by the show. They had never seen anything like it.
Many Americans came dressed in Indian outfits and danced enthusiastically. People were saying 'move over Britney Spears and J-Lo, Bollywood rocks'," said Sheeraz Hasan, founder of www.hollywood.tv

There were more Americans than the Asian that night and most of them were rocked by the sounds and sights of that day.

The Rahman extravaganza with its arsenal of instruments, synthesizers, guitars, dholaks, keyboards and the variety of voices such as Hariharan’s, Sukhvinder’s, Sadhana Sargam’s, Musafir’s and Anish Nagarajan’s simply made them transcend boundaries of music.

It was a great event, but if the trends are any indicator, Rahman has greater events slotted into the future.[/tscii:011d27b4e6]

Ramakrishna
19th July 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey, where can i get ARR live in concert, chennai full video? Or is any CD available?

Ramakrishna
19th July 2006, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=hollywood+bowl+rahman&search_type=search_videos

ARR hollywood bowl videos :thumbsup:

Dragun
20th July 2006, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=hollywood+bowl+rahman&search_type=search_videos

ARR hollywood bowl videos :thumbsup:

Oru thadava podhum, Ramakrishna :)

rayan36
21st July 2006, 10:24 AM
:2thumbsup: AR Rahman new fan site looks cool :2thumbsup:

http://www.rahmantimes.com/home.htm

Naaz
23rd July 2006, 12:08 AM
To All:

A reminder:

Sunday, 23rd July 2006

A selection of Fine Tunes by IR & ARR

on

www.citr.ca

8-10 pm (PDT) (Monday Morning in India.)

The programme is webcast. Click on Listen Live when you log on to the site.

Spread the word!!

Naaz

MADDY
27th July 2006, 01:31 AM
http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Bollywood/Bollywood_Glamsham_260706_1246.htm

News on ARR's rockstar......guys lets wait to make sure that this is ARR film and then open a thread for this.... :lol:

vijayr
2nd August 2006, 03:47 AM
More on Tamil mayyam's new "Mozart meets India" album
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/02/stories/2006080200530100.htm

coucou
9th August 2006, 04:10 PM
Rehman hits a new note
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, August 09, 2006]

A R Rehman, the acclaimed music wizard, is all set to don a new role.

Rehman, who has achieved so much at such a very young age, is sought-after worldwide for his catchy music. Be it Tamil, Telugu or Hindi, Rehman has a place for himself.

Now the music maestro has plans to get into the music production business. He would be starting his own music production company titled KM music.

After starting a state-of-the-art music studio in Chennai, which has latest features in it, Rehman will be starting KM Music.

According to Rehman, the company will be trying to find new talents including composers but mainly new voices who could go unnoticed otherwise.

Rehman has plans only to produce music here and not distribute them.

There are several talents that go unrecognized. With KM Music, I am keen to help them to come to light, says Rehman.

vijayr
12th August 2006, 10:04 AM
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/12/stories/2006081201990100.htm

Rahman's mini interview

Ramakrishna
15th August 2006, 11:47 PM
"Sillunu Oru Kaathal" special show on Vijay TV involving A.R.Rahman, Surya, Vaali and Krishna.You can download the video here.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29467800/SoK.Special.wmv.html

Ramakrishna
16th August 2006, 08:41 PM
When is RDB movie being shown on TV? OR has it already been shown?

sanchay
18th August 2006, 01:59 AM
[tscii:0934c0967c]Felicitation to CM – Ilayaraja, Rahman, Rajini, Kamal all together!! Aug 17, 2006

Till the result of recent election, entire Kollywood appeared to be in Poes Garden. Now predictably, their loyalties have changed to the new Chief Minister Karunandii.

We had reported in our website last week about the Tamil film fraternity hosting a major event to express their gratitude to the Tamil Nadu CM, Karunanidi. The event is being organized by Tamil Film Producer’s Council (TFPC) and the Tamil Film Director’s Council (TFDC) at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Chennai on September 23.

This event is expected to bring together Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan and music directors Ilayaraja and AR Rahman. The show is anticipated to have songs, dances and skits.

Highlight of the function would be a song written by Valli and Vairamuthu on the CM and the music composed by Rahman and Ilayaraja. All stars would waltz for this number. Considerations are on for giving the title ‘Thalai Sooriyan’ meaning ‘leading Sun’ to the Chief Minister.

The organizers feel that Kollywood breathes a fresh lease of life, thanks to the CM. He has waived entertainment taxes for the films with Tamil titles, reduced outdoor shooting rates. The legendary Sivaji Ganesan’s statue was installed in the beach road and a grant of Rs 95 lakhs was given to make the film Periyar. The CM was responsible for the release of some films, which were held up by the animal welfare board. These reasons are more than enough for the DMK faction of Kollywood to have this felicitation.

Karunanidi’s association with Tamil films dates back to 1950s when he wrote the dialogues for MGR and Sivaji Ganesan which continues to be a rage even now. Wait till September 23 to have a taste of the solidarity of the Tamil filmdom.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-03/17-08-06-cm.html
[/tscii:0934c0967c]

baba88
18th August 2006, 02:06 PM
Juhhhhhuuu

Selvaraghavan and A.R.Rahman will work in an Hindi movie together !!! It's titled something like Meek Peth ?!

A.R.Rahman confirmed it in the latest Vikatan Interview !

baba88
18th August 2006, 02:12 PM
A/C shooting will start on New Year !

united07
18th August 2006, 02:32 PM
WORST REVIEW OF BD EVER!...I think the author is having a problem with ARR! I'm shell shocked!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060818.BOMBAY18/TPStory/TPEntertainment/Theatre/

Bombay nightmares, more like
KAMAL AL-SOLAYLEE

Bombay Dreams, the Indian-flavoured musical set in the world of Bollywood, is a monumental all-singing, all-dancing, all-spoofing waste of time. Apart from the nice plumbing work of a dancing fountain number in Act One, this show offers nothing of note to the cause of local multicultural understanding, Anglo-Indian musical theatre or the global sari trade. It ain't pretty to look at, listen to or think about.

It opened in London in 2002 with some success; went on to a disastrous run in Broadway in 2004; and is now touring the North American hinterland or, to be more ethnically specific, any city where there's a sizable South Asian community. Hence, Toronto.

Welcome to the dark side of cultural diversity; a place where communities starved of seeing themselves represented onstage will pay upward of 90 bucks to sit in a theatre and check their BlackBerrys every 20 minutes as half a dozen people around me did on Wednesday's opening night at the Hummingbird Centre.

You don't have to be brain-dead or a hard-core Bollywood fan (although a bit of both helps) to get Bombay Dreams. It's both a celebration of the silly melodramatic conventions that guide the Indian film industry and (in theory) a spoof of them. But since the spoof bleeds into the real show and vice versa, the musical never establishes an identity or creates a credible emotional arc to sustain two long hours. The point of spoofing Bollywood, a style that already plays out as a spoof, eludes me and remains this show's biggest conceptual and philosophical obstacle.

More Arts Stories
A homecoming of a theatrical kind
It only needs one star
But I love Paris in her blingtime
Biggest fall drama a TV dust-up
SUMMER FICTION: PART 5 OF 5
Serials: the new network lure
Go to the Arts section
It doesn't even work on less ambitious grounds. A. R. Rahman's score feels like the worst of both worlds: all the mind-numbing hooks of Indian music and all the saccharine tunes of Andrew Lloyd Webber at his more derivative moments. (Webber co-produced the original London run so I guess there's a hint here of what theorists among you may call the anxiety of influence.) Rahman went on to co-write the score for The Lord of the Rings musical, which, for future theatre historians at least, may explain the early demise of not one but two shows in the early 21st century.

But let's take it one fiasco at a time. This one is presented as the making of a Bollywood movie called Bombay Dreams. Akaash (Sachin Bhatt) is a dweller of the Paradise slum who dreams of becoming a movie star. A serious filmmaker called Priya (Reshma Shetty) plans to make a movie with "no happy ending" about life in the slums, thus setting the story in motion. I leave the plot summary portion of the review at this. Trust me, you don't wanna know and, in all honesty, there's no way of describing what follows in a series of logical sentences in English or in Hindi.

The book by Meera Syal and Thomas Meehan was never intended as much more than the spoken-word portion between the song and dance numbers, predictably choreographed by Lisa Stevens and lamely staged by director Baayork Lee. The production's only saving grace are the two pantomime-worthy turns by Deep Katdare as the double-crossing lawyer Vikram and Sandra Allen's as the Bollywood diva Rani. The two at least seem to have translated the cinematic traditions of India into the theatrical and English ones of pantomime.

Still, would it have killed the rest to try and make the musical funnier? I mean intentionally funnier, of course. Unintentional humour abounds. Consider the following instructions from Priya to Akaash who, as it turns out, is not quite at home in Bollywood after all: "You've seen thousands of films, has nothing rubbed off?" Or "Try to think about what you're saying." Tell it to the rest of the cast, please.

And how about the stagehands diligently mopping up the floor for what seems like forever after the dancing fountain scene? Unless Bollywood is in the habit of hiring burly white guys to wipe floors dry, I suspect Equity rules and not the show's logistics have something to do with this bizarre sight. Those interested in covering race relations in Toronto may want to see this for themselves: South Asian performers in the lead and some white guys doing the grunt work. Only in Bollywood, via Toronto.

The rest of the show's "humour" revolves around fat jokes or slapping an Indian word into an English phrase. If lines like "Sari, Wrong Number" or the "Oscars with Chutney" strike you as funny, this may well be the show that speaks to your immigrant experience or nostalgia for homeland culture. Anyone else (and that includes all intelligent and critical South Asians) must stay away from the Hummingbird Centre until this scourge has left town.

sanchay
19th August 2006, 12:56 AM
[tscii:153f2782f6]National awards surprise?

RDB will follow

Black isn't the only Bollywood blockbuster to win a bagful of awards. Aamir Khan's Rang De Basanti is also likely to take home awards for Most Wholesome Entertainment, Cinematography and Editing.

And Naresh Iyer's vocal effort on “Rubaroo...” from Rang De Basanti has put him on top of the Best Vocalist list.

Another of Bollywood's big hits, Pradeep Sircar's Parineeta, will probably win the best Debut film by a director.

http://www.timesnow.tv/articleshow/1902286.cms

A.R RAHMAN??????????[/tscii:153f2782f6]

Ramakrishna
20th August 2006, 08:58 PM
Hi friends.... Did anyone read Rahman's Interview in the tamil weekly Ananda Vikatan?.. He spoke abt his family and his future projects.
Here is the gist of it..
Rahman has composed five songs for "Sivaji". The intro song will be different from the intro songs of previous Rajini movies. He said that two songs hav been shooted till now and picturisation is superb.(hope it will be gr8 treat for us)..

He had talked with selvaraghavan and may do a movie with him in hindi named mecbeth(doono the exact spelling)..

He said that composing music for period films is very challenging and he likes to do it.

He had talked with selvaraghavan and may do a movie with him in hindi named mecbeth(doono the exact spelling)..

He is doing a spiritual album now. But he is not gng to compose music for that. He is just a producing it and may sing one song in that...

He also said that he is happy with his performance in the last two years and like to do more stage shows as it is more challenging than films...

krish244
23rd August 2006, 10:57 AM
Something about a hindi movie called "Jaan-e-man". It says it has used ARR's musicians from Chennai. What exactly it means? Does it mean the music director has used ARR's troupe??

BTW, the film's music is by Anu Malik.

thanks,

Krishnan

MADDY
8th September 2006, 08:03 AM
hey Krish,

no idea wat u r talking abt.....i checked his biography which is the most comprehensive till date for ARR's info but i couldnt find any....

Ramakrishna
16th September 2006, 09:40 PM
check this link of Neil Panchals - with user name arrfans and
password - longlivearr
in that click the plus icon near to download. then click the plus
icon near to arr. there are lot of goodies available. enjoy all those
including lot of bgms, themes, singles, ads etc....in that click
interviews. u find entire interview of arr with simi garewal.

http://www.arrfans.com/downloads/

--------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic interview

Ramakrishna
18th September 2006, 08:41 PM
hey what happened to director Kathir? He was a decent romantic movie maker and made a very gud pair with ARR. Where is he? :?

Dragun
19th September 2006, 12:05 AM
Maybe he retreated after the flop of Kadhal Virus.

Also, where is Rajeev Menon? He hasn't directed a film since Kandukondain Kandukondain. Is he just doing cinematography now?

Ramakrishna
19th September 2006, 07:12 PM
[tscii:522415c4e7]A.R.Rahman laud 'Thayiya Madilu' songs
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, September 16, 2006]

The under production 'Thayiya Madilu' (TM) directed and produced by S.Narayan starring Shivarajkumar and Rakshitha Kannada film six songs scored by S.A.Rajkumar has been appreciated by one of the finest music directors of this country A.R.Rahman.

The key board players of A.R.Rahman – Remo and Kaushik Chatterji worked for music director S.A.Rajkumar for the film 'Thayiya Madilu'. A.R.Rahman accidentally inquired the work done by his colleagues and asked them to play the scorings in his theatre in Chennai.

After hearing all the six compositions for which his key board players have worked Rahman was thrilled with the melody. This information was brought to the notice of director of the film S.Narayan and team members by Remo and Kaushik Chatterji. Music director S.A.Rajkumar has taken 30 days to arrive at the final tunes for this film at Prasad studio. The voice mixing would be done soon says director S.Narayan.[/tscii:522415c4e7]

Ramakrishna
24th September 2006, 11:31 AM
Tamizh lyricist, Vaali, writes poems about personalities every week, in
Kumudam Magazine.
Last week, he wrote about ARR... here's the poem.........

Non tamil friends: Scroll down for my translation........

http://static.flickr.com/82/250216593_7c70f6192e_o.jpg

Translation:
I give here, only the meaning.. the beauty of the tamil poetry is lost
in translation.

Daily, they take the lives
of people in the world...
Hence they are to be eradicated
Says the UN!

What are they?
One is Tuberculosis
and the other, Poverty!

The world community
Joined together to
Crush the Rib-cage of
The bone-melting disease (TB)
And to cut the Primary roots of Poverty
By waging a war on it!

If an awareness is
Created about these killers,
Poeple world over
Would protect their lives...

The job that A.R.Rahman has taken -
An ambassador for this noble cause.

The famous United Nations' General Secretary -
The flawless Kofi Annan...
Getting his blessings and sitting with him
Is the famous "King of KEYBOARD".

The musical wings
Of the bird named A.R.Rahman
Will touch the two poles;
They will plant saplings of melody
In the fields (ears) of people world over.

'BOMBAY DREAMS'
'LORD OF THE RINGS'
These two musicals
Are staged in London, NewYork & Toronto
Carrying the music of A.R.Rahman.

The foreign land is on a high
On 'drinking' the music!

Isai Puyal has put
Tamil Music and Tamil
in a high position
in the world map!

--------------------

From yahoo fans group

ajaybaskar
24th September 2006, 12:38 PM
Hi ARR Fans,
this is my first post in this forum. Feeling very happy to b a part of this prestigious forum. This morning i was surfing thro tamilmp3world.com and to my delite i found a theme music from BOYS which i have not listened b4. i dono if any of u had heard the same. check it out guys. its ROCKING!!!!
http://www.tamilmp3world.com/Boys.html?d=HM2ANOL6

Vysar
24th September 2006, 03:14 PM
I was watching "Smith" a drama in CBS and they were playing Thaiya Thaiya song. It looks like this song has become a cult hit in USA.

baba88
25th September 2006, 08:49 PM
Water and Rang De Basanti are nominated for the OSCARS.
So twice ARR in Oscards this year :)

ajaybaskar
29th September 2006, 01:28 PM
check out the following link guys. its really disgusting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._R._Rahman

No ARR fan would appreciate this. Our thalaivar's name has been mentioned as A.S. Dileep copycat Kumar in this particular site. i dont know what went wrong for wikipedia as its a quality web based encyclopedia. Really disgusting!!

sentsbu1
29th September 2006, 03:06 PM
This review was really bad...

It just feels like they want to pick against A.R.Rahman...

Wikipedia ???....where is the orgin of this site...

But surprisingly they have all upto date info...

thamizhvaanan
29th September 2006, 03:55 PM
in wikipedia anybody can edit and modify... If a topic is subject to such frequent mischeivous editing, one can report the matter and that particular topic will be locked after some discussion.

thamizhvaanan
29th September 2006, 04:02 PM
seems that some Ir fan has done this... :x bits and peices of mischeivous wordings spread throughout that article

At the age of 11, Rahman joined the troupe of Indian composer Ilaiyaraaja as a keyboardisthe will always be under ilaiyaraaja he is nothing compared to him.
In 1991, Rahman began his own studio to steal english rhythms & tunes(attached to his house), called the Panchathan Record Inn.
Rahman's work are often copied from western sources in the fact that his collaborations with a few movie directors have always resulted in hugely successful albums thanx to this copying.

seems that all these stuff originate from this ip address

ajaybaskar
4th October 2006, 10:59 AM
Not too many people in the world would have had the opportunity to work with two top music directors of the world - both Ilayaraja and A R Rehman. And not many would readily answer a question on how to rate the two, and who was better in comparison. This is a question that one would prefer to duck.

However, ace director Mani Ratnam was candid in his assessment of the two music directors, when fans and music buffs posed this question at Landmark where a collection of DVDs of his films was released.

"Both Ilayaraja and Rehman are fantastic music directors and I had the good fortune to work with two great music directors," Mani said.

"However, they are poles apart - perhaps very little in common," added the director. When he said they are worlds apart, someone wanted to know whether he was referring to Ilayaraja working in the day, and Rehman late at night. Mani laughed and said he was referring to their style of working.

In fact, initially he had go through a culture shock, when Rehman was signed up for 'Roja'. Ilayaraja, once he made up his mind, would not make too many changes. With Rehman, it was different. He would keep adding to the song.

However, Mani Ratnam, put Ilayaraja on a higher pedestal, and lavished praise on the maestro's re-recording, so important for a film. Ilayaraja would look at the scene once, and immediately start giving notes to his assistants, as a bunch of musicians, hovering around him, would collect the notes for their instrument and go to their places. When the orchestra played out the notes, they would be perfect, not just in harmony but also in timing - the background score would commence exactly where it should and end at the exact place required, pointed out Mani Ratnam, amidst applause. Ilayaraja was a genius, he said, who could compose music with just one look at the scene.

However, for a director, there was just one handicap. "Ilayaraja will listen to you as you explain the scene, and what he intends to convey. Once the film rolls, Ilayaraja's gaze will be on the screen and a few seconds later, papers would go to the musicians giving them the score, and then there would be no further changes. A director can be taken by surprise at the speed of events. If at all you want to convey anything to Ilayaraja, it must be before he watches the shot (before the background score is added) on to the screen," said Mani amidst both laughter and applause.

There were several questions flung at Mani on why music was important to him and why he needed songs in hs films. Mani said he couldn't imagine his films without music. "Music is an integral part of my films. If you look at 'Anjali', 'Mouna Ragam' or 'Thalapathi' without music, it would be a different experience for the viewers. Similarly, Rehman's songs have been a big contributing factor too. Howeer, we directors do have problems in providing for songs while we do the screenplay! The toughest thing is to break the story to provide a song. I would like to do away with songs, but everyone wants songs in an Indian film."

ajaybaskar
4th October 2006, 11:00 AM
http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Events/2005/03maniratnam.asp

Not too many people in the world would have had the opportunity to work with two top music directors of the world - both Ilayaraja and A R Rehman. And not many would readily answer a question on how to rate the two, and who was better in comparison. This is a question that one would prefer to duck.

However, ace director Mani Ratnam was candid in his assessment of the two music directors, when fans and music buffs posed this question at Landmark where a collection of DVDs of his films was released.

"Both Ilayaraja and Rehman are fantastic music directors and I had the good fortune to work with two great music directors," Mani said.

"However, they are poles apart - perhaps very little in common," added the director. When he said they are worlds apart, someone wanted to know whether he was referring to Ilayaraja working in the day, and Rehman late at night. Mani laughed and said he was referring to their style of working.

In fact, initially he had go through a culture shock, when Rehman was signed up for 'Roja'. Ilayaraja, once he made up his mind, would not make too many changes. With Rehman, it was different. He would keep adding to the song.

However, Mani Ratnam, put Ilayaraja on a higher pedestal, and lavished praise on the maestro's re-recording, so important for a film. Ilayaraja would look at the scene once, and immediately start giving notes to his assistants, as a bunch of musicians, hovering around him, would collect the notes for their instrument and go to their places. When the orchestra played out the notes, they would be perfect, not just in harmony but also in timing - the background score would commence exactly where it should and end at the exact place required, pointed out Mani Ratnam, amidst applause. Ilayaraja was a genius, he said, who could compose music with just one look at the scene.

However, for a director, there was just one handicap. "Ilayaraja will listen to you as you explain the scene, and what he intends to convey. Once the film rolls, Ilayaraja's gaze will be on the screen and a few seconds later, papers would go to the musicians giving them the score, and then there would be no further changes. A director can be taken by surprise at the speed of events. If at all you want to convey anything to Ilayaraja, it must be before he watches the shot (before the background score is added) on to the screen," said Mani amidst both laughter and applause.

There were several questions flung at Mani on why music was important to him and why he needed songs in hs films. Mani said he couldn't imagine his films without music. "Music is an integral part of my films. If you look at 'Anjali', 'Mouna Ragam' or 'Thalapathi' without music, it would be a different experience for the viewers. Similarly, Rehman's songs have been a big contributing factor too. Howeer, we directors do have problems in providing for songs while we do the screenplay! The toughest thing is to break the story to provide a song. I would like to do away with songs, but everyone wants songs in an Indian film."

Ramakrishna
4th October 2006, 07:51 PM
I got this news from Vijay thread of tamil films section of the hub
------------------------------------------------------------
Message from Vijay fans gp(from Ashok whoz the chief web designer of the site and is well linked with the rasigar mandrams)

Hi Guys,

Just Now I got official announcement of Vijay's Next movie. The details are,

Movie Name: Azhagiya Tamil Magan (Something different in Vijay Movies after a long gap of THULLATHA MANAMUM THULLUM)

Music Director: A.R.Rahman

Director: Barathan (Asst. of Dharani)

Producer: Appachan, Swagachitra Movies.

Cast n crew will be announced later.

After hearing this from our vijay official's i just amazed with the combo like Vijay, A.R.Rahman. At last my dream come true by hearining this. This is a big diwali for us guys.

Movies Pooja going to be held on this month. I dont have the extact date. I will post when i get the date.

Enjoy ur day with this message. Give ur suggestion on the above combo of Vijay and ARR. By Ashok

Dragun
4th October 2006, 11:45 PM
If this announcement is true, I hope this does not turn out like Udaya. I hope that unlike most other Vijay films this one has scope for good music. Not the typical intro song, duet, etc.

MADDY
5th October 2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=16502

if u r in orkut then check this out :bluejump: :thumbsup: :yes: :notworthy: 8-) :lol: :2thumbsup:

ARRahman fan community has crossed 1 lakh members........which is highest for any Indian personality.....

Ramakrishna
5th October 2006, 12:54 AM
oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. that is really awesome. Rahman is the most famous Indian. :cool2: :victory: :exactly: :clap:

ansa400
5th October 2006, 06:35 AM
yeah...I've been following this closely, should tell you that the members base has been rapidly progressing....awesome!!!

Ramakrishna
5th October 2006, 11:13 PM
If this announcement is true, I hope this does not turn out like Udaya. I hope that unlike most other Vijay films this one has scope for good music. Not the typical intro song, duet, etc.

Hey, the Udhaya songs were too gud. Just that the movie had problems and it was delayed for years and there was no publicity for the film and the movie sucked.
But the songs were too gud.

Dragun
6th October 2006, 05:56 AM
I try to listen to Udaya once in a while to see if it will grow on me, but it never does.

Also, since the title is not like Madurey, Aathi, etc. named after the hero, maybe this will not be the typical Vijay film. Anyways, I'm glad to see more Tamil projects from ARR.

ajaybaskar
6th October 2006, 10:17 AM
Rahman goes the Sandalwood way

Musical Maestro A.R. Rahman is all set to make his debut in Sandalwood country, i.e, Kannada Film Industry. Rahman is known for his rocking music and all are sure that he is going to set the music systems of the Kannadigas ablaze. Heill be composing music for a new untitled movie which will be directed by Nanjunde Gowda. The recording of these songs will commence by September first week.

http://kannada.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/kannada/livewire/id/5784/news/rahman.html

ajaybaskar
7th October 2006, 09:55 AM
Joke of the year!

Last week there was an informal get-together of Tamil music company bosses. They had met to discuss about the alarming drop in the sales of audio cassettes due to rampant piracy and downloading of music.
At the meeting, A.R.Rahman came in for sharp criticism as they felt that he has lost his magic touch as far as Tamil film music goes. The sales of his audios, notably new titles like Godfather and Sillunu Oru Kadhal has been lukewarm.

Yuvan Shankar Raja too came in for criticism for doing too many remixes of his dad’s tunes and being repetitive. This year none of his albums except for Vallavan is selling!

At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris.

So far Vetayadu Vilayadu has sold 85,000 audio cassettes and 60,000 CD’s across India. It is phenomenal achievement as the audio industry is in the dumps. In fact, the music industry feels that Vetayadu Vilayadu is such a huge hit only due to Harris’ music.

All the audio companies were unanimous that Harris Jayaraj is the King of Tamil cinema music. His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14305407

ajaybaskar
7th October 2006, 10:07 AM
I cant help remembering the following article from the same sify.com

Rahman rocks!

A.R.Rahman has made a fantastic comeback in Tamil with Studio Greens Sillunu Oru Kadhal featuring Suriya, Jyothika and Bhumika. The audio will have a soft launch on August 3 and is marketed by Star Audio and CD is priced at a modest Rs 95.
Rahman is at the pinnacle of glory and is today the number one music director in Bollywood especially after the phenomenal success of Rang De Basanti which has stuck the right note with generation Y. Khalbali…, Patashala…. and Thodi Si Dhool Mere… are all about the India of today.

However, back in Chennai and Tamil film music where it all started, Rahman had slipped and today there are half a dozen pretenders to his throne. Rahman’s Tamil audio is nothing much to write about and his last few albums like Godfather were major disappointments.

Now things look better with the music of Sillunu Oru Kaddhal where Rahman’s unique style comes across mainly due to its distinct western notes. In this romantic movie, Rahman has mixed world sounds with Indian and made music that is essentially A.R.Rahman of the old that we all know.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14305432

Enna ulagamada idhu?

ajaybaskar
7th October 2006, 10:55 AM
[tscii:d68b990928]A.R. Rahman at Jersey Rhythms 2006!

October 6, 2006
This is the season for musical concerts. Start celebrating Deepavali with Galatta's live webcast of the musical concert Jersey Rhythms 2006, which is going to be held in New Jersey, USA. Listen to the latest tunes of A.R. Rahman, a true genius among the young music directors featured at the concert. Or, enter the Flash Contest and win passes to actually see the show in Somerset, New Jersey!

A.R. Rahman made his debut as music director through Mani Ratnam's Roja. He initially composed music for advertisements, television serials and documentary movies. He has worked with leading directors like Mani Ratnam and Shankar and practically every big name in Tamil movies. His work has taken him from "Kollywood", "Bollywood" and to the international arena, with his musical compositions for various English films, including a great composition with the acclaimed Andrew Lloyd Weber. He has received scores of awards and accolades

On October 8, 2006, A.R. Rahman's genius will be present in spirit and in the hearts of the band members of Jersey Rhythms and the audience, as they enjoy performing and listening to various ARR tracks.

Anitha Arya will croon A.R.Rahman’s tunes on stage. Anitha is a multi-talented artiste with an impressive pedigree. A trained classical music singer, she is equally comfortable in genres such as folk, film music, pop and ghazals. Asha Subramanian the founder of a rock band called ‘Channel 7’ will also perform in the much hyped show. Watch out- she is all set to rock!

Tune in live on Sunday, October 8, 2006 at 2:00 PM Eastern (for USA residents) or Sunday, October 8, 2006 at 11:30 PM IST (for Indian residents) only on Galatta TV at Galatta.com!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/6120/news/Jersey.html

[/tscii:d68b990928]

A.ANAND
7th October 2006, 11:07 AM
[tscii:1b6e0ad586]
Joke of the year!

Last week there was an informal get-together of Tamil music company bosses. They had met to discuss about the alarming drop in the sales of audio cassettes due to rampant piracy and downloading of music.
At the meeting, A.R.Rahman came in for sharp criticism as they felt that he has lost his magic touch as far as Tamil film music goes. The sales of his audios, notably new titles like Godfather and Sillunu Oru Kadhal has been lukewarm.

Yuvan Shankar Raja too came in for criticism for doing too many remixes of his dad’s tunes and being repetitive. This year none of his albums except for Vallavan is selling!

At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris.

So far Vetayadu Vilayadu has sold 85,000 audio cassettes and 60,000 CD’s across India. It is phenomenal achievement as the audio industry is in the dumps. In fact, the music industry feels that Vetayadu Vilayadu is such a huge hit only due to Harris’ music.

All the audio companies were unanimous that Harris Jayaraj is the King of Tamil cinema music. His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. mr.ajay,intha article ellam perusa edukathingga!!!sify.com is no.1 ANTI ARR web mag. :argh: BEST OF SIFY.COM VAITHERICAL OF THE YEAR4 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14305407[/tscii:1b6e0ad586]

ajaybaskar
7th October 2006, 11:40 AM
illa thalaiva.
Yaru kooda yaara compare panranga? VV songs ellam kaadhala kekka mudiyuma? Paartha.. is like a song sung in church choirs. Other songs like velli nilavae, karka karka became hits coz of kamal's screen presence and cinematography.

"His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. "

Idha ennanu solradhu?

Assignments kedachathana panna mudiyum? sinnapullathanama irukku.

Innovationna ennanu theriyuma? listen to Newyork nagaram.

ajaybaskar
7th October 2006, 11:41 AM
illa thalaiva.
Yaru kooda yaara compare panranga? VV songs ellam kaadhala kekka mudiyuma? Paartha.. is like a song sung in church choirs. Other songs like velli nilavae, karka karka became hits coz of kamal's screen presence and cinematography.

[quote]"His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. "[/qoute]

Idha ennanu solradhu?

Innovationna ennanu theriyuma? listen to Newyork nagaram.

A.ANAND
8th October 2006, 10:38 AM
illa thalaiva.

[quote]"His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. "[/qoute]

Idha ennanu solradhu?

Innovationna ennanu theriyuma? listen to Newyork nagaram.naama arr fans intha sify.com 'ma ethavathu paadam karpikkanum sir..romba ovara poranunnga :argh: ethavathu seiyanum..summa naama intha forumla diss.panni punniuam illa.sify.com'ma BOIKOT pannanum

muzammil_fr
8th October 2006, 01:06 PM
appa namma hack pannidiyoma sify-ya? :p

baba88
8th October 2006, 02:01 PM
Yes please hack them. Until they write that SOK audio is a blockbuster. And SOK movie is a Hit.

aruvi
9th October 2006, 09:32 AM
[tscii:a04a22d336]Quite frankly,

SOK was nowhere near a hit album of ARR's. Sify's previous article about SOK music being a blockbuster is a joke. So is probably, the latter article of audio companies comments on ARR missing his magic(though, personally, I accept that and I am sure many music fans would agree). They need news, so anything goes.

SOK's music hasn't had much appeal, even among those people who are ARR fans. Godfather doesn't need to be mentioned. Once upon a time in Toronto, if ARR's album released, the only songs you will hear on the roads is from that album. It's been a long time since anything like that happenned.

Vettaiyaadu Villaiyaadu is a good commercial hit. But I am shocked at the meagre sales needed to be categorized as a hit these days. What is 5,000 audio cassettes and 60,000 CD’s across India, when the population of Tamilians is more than 70 million. It's sad, no wonder musicians are opting to do concerts instead of films. This is really too bad. If a hit album is like that, I wonder about the others. Especially with rising remuneration of popular music directors like ARR.

[/tscii:a04a22d336]

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 10:23 AM
well and true, SOK may not be a Rahmanian hit. But it is a decent album considering the fact that it was from a newcomer krishna. But how can they compare it with VV? VV is nowhere near SOK. These Sify people claim that HJ is the new king in the audio world. Then they shud answer the following things too.
1. When HJ is claimed to be the king, why shud he be offered 50 lacs for a movie while ARR, who is running thro a bad patch and has lost his magic touch, is still being offered 1 crore and above?

2. When i went to the movie SOK, I saw fans going gaga when they saw ARR's name on the screen. Whistles and claps were aplenty. But at the same time, during VV, when HJ's name was on the screen, i experienced a pin drop silence. i have not experienced that situation even in my college library.

I personally feel that HJ is superior to ARR in only one aspect. He selects the right kind of movies so that his songs become a hit bcoz of the movies. Eg: Anniyan, Ghajini, VV. But ARR has rendered some exceptional songs to some below par movies. Eg: Kangalal kaidhu Sei, E20U18, etc. If he has lost his magic touch, He would'nt have given RDB.

So sify.com and other anti-ARR viruses, stop your gigglings. Thalaivar needs only one solid hit. When that happens, all those HJs and YSRs will have a run for the money.

baba88
9th October 2006, 06:10 PM
A.R.Rahman gives a Chance to Newcomers. For example:
New, Ah Aah, Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Sakkarakatti etc.

If ARR would do the same like HJ he would only compose Music for Sivaji and Guru. So I think ARR is steps higher than HJ.

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 06:33 PM
I think ARR shudnt do that. Composing for a crap movies like Ah..aah, New has not done any good to thalaivar's reputation. Those movies had no scope for music. Sakkarakatti becoming a hit has a 2% chance. Maybe we, ARR fans may listen to the audio. But how do u expect a common man to go and watch the movie and start liking the songs?. We cant expect every new director to turn like Shankar.

Long back, crap films were becoming hits just becoz of the fact that they had ARR's music. Eg: All kadhir movies. but thats not the case now. He shud only compose for the good film makers in the field.

aruvi
9th October 2006, 09:49 PM
ARR is the most popular MD in India. He built himself a huge fanbase. Why is there any doubt about his popularity? Fans whistling for his name is not a novelty at this point in time:-) And for the first few years of his career, even ARR did films only for popular directors or production houses.

HJ charging 50lacs per film shows more than just respective positions. In this day and age, is film music worth paying 1 crore for? Who is buying? Even ARR has gone on record to say that the extra pocket money producers get from film audio sales has disappeared. No one is making money. Rarely, does a audio become a hit in Tamil industry. HJ does a couple of films a year, and charges much less than people like YSR, who churn out at least 2 albums a month, but only a couple become a hit in a year.

Regarding VV, well, sales speak about it. Regardless of personal opinions.

ajaybaskar
10th October 2006, 12:20 PM
still ARR pockets 1+ crore for every film. If he is not worth that amount, y these producers still go behind him? Thats the brand value his music holds in the industry. HJ's music is becoming a hit becoz of sheer luck. Sutrum vizhi is an above ordinary song which went to new heights when the film released. The on screen chemistry of the lead pair was the reason for that song becoming a huge hit. Nothing else. Same thing happened with paartha mudhal naalae... If HJ's music has created ripples in the minds of people, y did'nt his 'Vetri' audio click? Its a telugu film. But still we've to remember that ARR's other language audios r also selling like hot cakes. Even pure musicals like WOHE, BD didi a good business in the indian market. Thats ARR. To be frank, we cant even compare HJ with YSR. YSR is more talented and gives more variety.

ajaybaskar
10th October 2006, 12:38 PM
hi friends
see and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bTN5pCXJxI

ajaybaskar
11th October 2006, 11:22 AM
Guys, You can download the BGMs of SOK from the following link. The quality may not be very good. But still you can enjoy...

http://arrmusic.multiply.com/music/item/3

ajaybaskar
11th October 2006, 11:27 AM
To the extreme first step in ur world; when ur born;
There,s only 1 track to define urself;
That's CHINNA CHINNA AASAI from 'ROJA'.

To the extreme edge in ur childhood; when u like some stuff the most;
There's only 1 track to enjoy urself;
That's 'NILA KAYGIRADHU' from 'INDIRA'(TAMIL) .

To the extreme edge of ur divineness; when u pray to the Almighty;
There's only 1 track to offer urself;
That's 'NOOR-UN-ALLAH' from 'MEENAXI'(HINDI) .

To the extreme enjoyment of ur life; when ur heart rejoices;
There's only 1 track to fulfil urself;
That's 'NEWYORK NAGARAM' from 'SILLINU ORU KADHAL'.

To the extreme dege of ur calmness; when u relax;
There's only 1 track to enjoy;
That's 'THIRAKKATHA' from 'EN SWASAKATRE'.

To the extreme edge of ur anger; when things go berserk;
There's only 1 track to calm urself;
That's 'VELLAI POOKKAL' from 'KANNATHIL MUTHAMITTAL' .

To the extreme edge of ur sorrow; when there's nobody to sooth
urself; There's only 1 track that can;
That's 'VIDUKADHAIYA' from 'MUTHU .

To the extreme edge of happiness in ur life; when u feel like singing;
There's only 1 track to enjoy & feel urself;
That's 'WEDDING QAWWALI' from 'BOMBAY DREAMS'.

To the extreme edge of ur life; when ur vision blurs;
There's only 1 theme to fulfil a wise man's dying wish;
That's only the 'BOMBAY THEME'.

To the extreme edge of music; To feel the revolution;
There's only 1 man, a single divine magic, the definer of music;
All his works are special upto date;
For his music influences all of the people.

Knowledge may change the world; Imagination may change it too;
For his music can be defined as CREATIVITY at its extreme height;
For he believes there's music ecerywhere & there's so much to hear;
And nobody than He, Himself has qualities that only;
The "GREAT" can bear.

For his imagination is a remix of spiritualness & sufi music;
For there won't be no other person like him in Past, Present &
Future;
BEHOLD!
For he is "THE GOD'S CHILD - THE MURZAT".
It's our Boss - A.R.RAHMAN.

Coutesy:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com

Vysar
11th October 2006, 07:57 PM
Boxoffice analysis on ARR after SOK flopped

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/ar-rahman.html

baba88
12th October 2006, 02:17 AM
SOK movie is a Hit and Audio is a Super Hit.

aruvi
12th October 2006, 10:04 AM
YSR is more talented............

End of discussion!

ajaybaskar
12th October 2006, 11:39 AM
ARR's Interview to Kumudham-Some excerpts.

* I am composing the rerecording for Varalaaru

* sivaji songs were composed to satisfy the rajni fans. It has a total of 5 songs. 4 songs have been already recorded.

* My next hollywood project is Golden age: Elizabeth 2.

* Soon i am going to make an album like vande mataram in a noble cause of eradicating poverty. The lyrics has been written by myself and Blaaze.
It is to be released soon.

ajaybaskar
12th October 2006, 11:52 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809426394/cast

A must-watch link for every ARR fan

A.ANAND
14th October 2006, 09:24 AM
ARR LATEST INTERVIEW IN KUMUDAM MAGAZINE.

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 10:19 AM
We know that Chaiya Chaiya soundtrack was used in US TV Series -
"Smith" - Season 1 - Episode 1 ("Pilot")...

Here's the Video link :

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=wFUjw2aBhcY
<http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=wFUjw2aBhcY

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.arr4music.com/details.html

This link gives an idea about ARR's future offerings. Good news is that it is often updated.

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 11:18 AM
Check this out guys. dont miss it

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/corliss/article/0,9565,1013198,00.html

ajaybaskar
17th October 2006, 10:34 AM
Did ARR an IR compose a song together for the CM Felicitation Ceremony held recently in chennai? I got this news from rahmantimes.com. But to my knowledge a song composed by Bharadwaj was played on the stage. Can anyone give a clear idea?

http://www.rahmantimes.com/News/sept_newsitem5.htm

baba88
18th October 2006, 12:44 AM
On Deewali Day there will be a Making of Sakkarakatti show and an Interview with A.R.Rahman on SS Music. So it would be great if anybody could records the shows. Thanks

ajaybaskar
18th October 2006, 10:27 AM
Drummer Sivamani is making an album called 'mahaleela'. It has a song called 'Boghi' which is to be composed by ARR, a very close friend of Sivamani. The other songs are composed by Zakir Hussain, Ilayaraja, Mandolin Srinivas.

rayan36
18th October 2006, 07:31 PM
Did ARR an IR compose a song together for the CM Felicitation Ceremony held recently in chennai? I got this news from rahmantimes.com. But to my knowledge a song composed by Bharadwaj was played on the stage. Can anyone give a clear idea?

http://www.rahmantimes.com/News/sept_ewsitem5.htm

It's Bharatwaj alright, Vairamuthu said himself in the event that Bharadwaj composed the 12 minute song about CM which is written by Vairamuthu.

ajaybaskar
18th October 2006, 08:40 PM
Read the following article posted in arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com. Its the experience of a guy named Ramkumar who met ARR.Hi guyz,

This is a writing that I owe to our group for a long time. This
is yet another finest moments of my life when I met my "Music Idol"
for the second time in my life. I've already shared my first meeting
of our Boss, A.R.Rahman, with our group, which happened on the
rehearsals of Unity of Light concert, Chennai (Feb 2003). The second
time was yet another soulful experience, filled with more thrill,
dare, excitement and enthusiasm. Here we go……!!!!!

It was more than two years after my first meeting of the Music
Whiz kid. It was somewhere in the middle of the year 2005. (If the
date in my camera is right, it is June/2005). On a fine, usual
morning in Chennai, I opened the newspaper, Hindu and saw
the "Events" section (which will be my first section in the paper,
always) and noticed the function for felicitating the two Music
Legends of yesteryears. M.S.Viswanathan – T.K.Ramamoorthy. A little
back-ground of my home: My father is an ardent fan of MSV, who
starts his day with a morning walk with his music and it is because
of my dad, I had a chance to listen some of the great melodies by
MSV. My dad interacts with MSV almost everyday! This always sets an
equation in my mind that if my dad is able to speak/meet his
favorite, MSV daily, then at his age (or hoping earlier) will I be
able to see ARR daily? I'm optimistic, though. So it is obvious that
my dad will definitely attend that function and I always accompany
him on
these types of functions as I feel extremely happy to meet the
legend MSV. But this function had more reasons for my excitement as
it had Illayaraja in the invitees list. More interestingly it had
Rahman too!!!!
>
> Evening. We reached the venue (Auditorium) well ahead of the
schedule and had a comfortable seating. Even before starting for the
function, I made up my mind that Rahman will not be turning-up for
the function, owing to his busy schedule and owing to his shuttle
across various countries. But somewhere in the corner of my heart
something told me that he will definitely attend, as his name was
mentioned in the news paper. "Let me see what is in store for me!"
was the statement in my and my younger brother's (Rajkumar's) mind,
my brother being yet another crazy fan of ARR, like me!!!! Our
fingers were crossed.

The other personalities who were invited for the function
started slowly coming in and they were seated in the front row.
There was a music programme followed by the felicitation, which
included giving "Kumbams" to the hosts (MSV-TKR), which is a
traditional way of inviting great people. Press had come. The
auditorium was getting filled-in, slowly. Suddenly there was a
sudden buzz all over, every one in the hall started pointed fingers
on someone and spoke something and the reporters started focusing on
a person. The whole auditorium was whispering the word "Raja". Yes
it was Illayaraja who had arrived. He had a warm reception by MSV
with a hug and was seated. The music programme started. Still I and
my brother had totally a different expectation in our mind. We were
seeing each other's face and we both were seeing the entrance
door. "Will "HE" turn-up?" That was our million-dollar excitement
than the excitement that was happening around us. My mom totally
understood our
mindset and gave a sigh that said "ARR will come; don't worry".
Though that gave us some comfort, we were still restless,
literally!!! !!!
>
> Sharp criticism on the current film songs has always been a norm
in these kinds of "old songs" functions. It is totally acceptable
that we cannot force our taste on yester-people. For instance, I
cannot force my grandma to listen to "Muqabula" and it is unfair and
ridiculous to do so. But it is a pain, many do not understand that
beyond Rahman's "Muqabulas" and other people's "Manmadha Rasas",
there is another form of Rahman, who fights to inject beautiful
melodies within the film industry, which, I feel, is the only true
savior of Film music, Indian music and Pure music. I, we, true music
lovers and even MSV and ARR, believe with conviction, the fact, that
Rahman carries forward the Mantle and Legacy that was lighted by
MSV. I am left with no other option than to make a sincere prayer
that people get the opportunity and mindset to understand this fact.

Thankfully, this function did not have any such criticisms,
which was a blessing. The stage was so well set, but still there was
a vacuum somewhere. My dad always appreciates good melodies by
anyone and Rahman's is no exception. The Shenai piece in "Swades",
flute pieces in "Radha Se" in "Lagaan", "Edho Edho…" from E20 U18,
Piano theme 3 in Kalyani raga from Andhimantharai etc are some of
his Rahman favorites. He fully knows Rahman is a Character, when it
comes to giving respect to the other musicians in the industry,
especially to his fore-runner like MSV. Yet he expected Rahman to be
there in the function, owing to MSV's stature in the industry and
the respect my dad has on MSV. I was holding my two hands and
sincerely wishing that Rahman should come and confirm the fact that
he never lets down any of his fellow musicians and prove the fact,
yet again to every one.

The music function went on well and dignitaries were invited to
the dias and they started sharing their experiences with MSV and his
music. As time passed by, my hope that Rahman will appear started to
disappear.

NOW CAME THE MOMENT!!!!! The entrance door was opened, with some
security persons surrounding, entered the Musical Storm, with simple
orange kurtha on him. Myself and my brother just burst into a
shout "Hey….. Rahmannn..", involuntarily. The crowd had biggest buzz
ever for the evening, the press got busiest ever on the occasion,
and the people on the stage and off the stage shifted their entire
concentration to the young trend setter, who climbed the stage with
so much poise. Three music legends of different era in the Tamil
industry – MSV, IR and ARR – are on a single stage and I'm present
on that occasion! I and my brother ran towards the front seat, just
not bothering about anything. We sat in the front seat for some time
and then knelt down, leaning on the wall which separated the mike
operations. We were not able to believe that we were alive, seeing
what is happening in front of us. I carried the biggest ever asset
for the moment. My digital camera. I was clicking
the camera like a mad. We turned back to see our parents just as
a confirmation that we got what we wanted, for life. They had a
smile on their face, acknowledging our happiness!

Rahman brought silk shawls to honor his music masters. MSV
hugged Rahman and held his cheeks and chin with his fingers. It was
as if a father was so happily receiving his musical child with
warmth. I recalled the line "Magane Vaa" (meaning "Come on my son")
in the song "Alaala Ganda" from Sangamam, sung by MSV, which was
exclusively written as if MSV calls Rahman. What a soulful moment
the auditorium had. The interesting point is that Illayaraja was so
happy on seeing MSV hugging ARR. He seemed much amused. (This can be
seen in the attached snaps). Anyone would have had a drop of tear in
the corner of eyes, if experienced the moment. Rahman sat in the
corner most seat like a small school boy, being shy on the stage.
The corner seat was advantageous for us to just keep on clicking
Rahman, who was just a feet away from us. I was wondering what
Rahman would be thinking at that moment, as he seemed very fresh,
while others seemed bit tired after the function. He may be
thinking of a rare raga, some special mixing works or a good
loop, for that night's music session he was going to have! As we
know, Rahman was nocturnal!

(Rest of the snaps are FTP'ed to "/Photos/MSV Function - ARR and
IR" folder)
The ambience was filled with so much energy. Illayaraja
mentioned how much he liked MSV's music and how much he owed him. He
concluded stating "MSV had been the mentor both for me and Rahman."
Ramamoorthy had a big praise for Rahman. He said, "There is no
musician that I've ever seen in the film industry who is a
specialist in keyboard like Rahman. He knows everything in keyboard
and would play any piece we give him with ease and speed!" First
time I saw Ramamoorthy speaking on ARR, which showed how much he
admired the young musician. It got big claps from the audience. As
usual, Rahman was sitting uneasily with shyness!

In-between, Rahman was listening and chatting seriously with SPB
and P.Susheela sitting near him. But he never failed to be with his
trademark smile. MSV had great praise for Rahman. It was after the
film "New" (2004) got released. MSV told that Rahman got his consent
and suggestion before re-tuning MSV's number "Thottal Poo Malarum",
a MGR starrer song from the film "Padagotti" (1964) penned by Vaali.
MSV added more "I always appreciate good music from anyone and
Rahman's "New" song was a novelty!" was his statement.
Finally Rahman when speaking, "MSV started a trend, Illayaraja
followed with his music from there and I carried it my way. But for
MSV we all would not be here. Even now, MSV appreciates good music
and other musicians. This is a quality that one has to learn from
him for life" was the statement from Rahman. The crowd acknowledged
that statement with claps.

NOW!!!! I did my most daring deeds of my life. I wished to sneak
to the stage and stand near Rahman. I very well knew it was very
risky owing to tight security, which surrounded the stage, but the
big crowd on the stage was a factor. It easily accommodated one more
person without revealing my presence to anyone. I gave the camera to
my brother and told me click when I go and stand near Rahman on the
stage. I went out from the auditorium entrance to the back-stage (as
I knew very well I cannot stair-up from the front and if I do, I
will be kicked-out!) .

I slowly went to the stage my brother (may be my parents too)
being the only person(s) knowing this. There was a list of
personalities like Vaali, P.Susheela, TMSoundarrajan, P.B.Sreenivas,
Balamurali Krishna etc on the stage. There was a big crowd standing
behind Rahman and there was a big commotion that was going on there
(like in the ticket counter on the first day for a Rajini film!).
People pushed each other to come and stand near Rahman for atleast a
moment. I did not give up. Just slowly dashed everyone and finally
came and stood near ARR. Oh man….. What a moment that was!!!!! I
wanted to touch him somehow. I slowly touched his orange kurtha and
a sense of greatest achievement flowed all over me. I knew I cannot
do anything more than that, as it would disturb him from the
function, which I did not want to happen. Seeing my success in going
onto the stage, it pumped my brother Raj also to do the same. He was
clicked by me when he stood near Rahman. It was the greatest moment for us. (See Ram-ARR.JPG and Raj-ARR.JPG attached)

It was so funny to see that even the organizers of the function
competed on the stage with each other to stand and pose near Rahman,
while Press was continuously pressing the camera buttons. Specially
a lady from the organizing team was adjusting her dress and her hair
and gave an artificial smile for the photo, standing near Rahman, as
if it was her wedding reception! I and my brother Raj were
thoroughly enjoying that scene. But we understood that it was all
because of their interest they had for Rahman.

Rahman's movements hinted us that he is going to leave very
shortly from then. We thought we both were so smart that we went and
stood near the stairs from the stage which was less crowded at that
moment, through which Rahman had to come down. We dreamt of having
an undisturbed, closer look at his face. But to our surprise, our
smartness was overcome by the security guards who chased us few feet
away from the stage. But still we managed staying more or less close
to our original spot. As Rahman started to come down, crowd thronged
near the stage, but luckily we were the first few in the crowd. I
finally succeeded in touching him. I touched Rahman's left biceps
with my right hand, daring "come what may from the guards" (Wah
Wah…. What an achievement! !!!!!!) . Since there was a crowd, Rahman
would not notice my touch very obviously. We chased him, as he went
out of the entrance doors, so did the crowd of people. It was the
time he was working for God Father and my brother was an Ajith fan. So while Rahman got into the van that was
waiting readily for him, my brother told him (within a fraction of a
second), "All the Best for your God Father!" Even in that hasty
moment he paid heed to my brother's words and with a quick sparkle
in his eyes he said, "Thank You!"

We both stood there for long without words even after his
vehicle left the premises, watching the way it went out to the main
road. After we went home we had many rounds of reviewing the photos
taken on the occasion.

The attached sample photos are compressed from the original
photos. The original snaps are in the FTP folder: "/Photos/MSV
Function - ARR and IR". Please see all the photos attached and in
FTP. Someone please add them to flicker for easy sharing).

I Cannot put in words, the excitement I experienced, how much
ever I try to. One needs to just be in deep solitude to believe that
it happened. Hoping to get more such occasions in my life, to meet
the Music Legend, the one and only, A.R.Rahman!! !!!!!

Ramkumar

baba88
20th October 2006, 06:42 PM
MR Romeo - Yaar Athu from 1:30
Poovellam Kettuper - CBR 2:00

Listen to the parts.

VillageGimp
20th October 2006, 11:01 PM

Here's the Video link :

Chaiya Chaiya song as a whole is an orginal one composed by Naushad Ali.

It was already used by Anu Malik in the movie Mohara

"Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast" and also in some other movies.

Rahman dosent get any credit for that

MADDY
21st October 2006, 01:27 AM

Here's the Video link :

FYI, Mohra was composed by Viju Shah........

also, i dont see any similarity between the songs......so tata byebye.....

Dragun
21st October 2006, 01:50 AM
Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast is copied from a qawwali called Dam Mast Qalandar Mast Mast.

VillageGimp
21st October 2006, 09:49 AM

Here's the Video link :

FYI, Mohra was composed by Viju Shah........

also, i dont see any similarity between the songs......so tata byebye.....

The Chaiya Chaiya is a direct plagiarization of a Naushad number. But the pallavi already used by many Hindi music directors.

Another one is Jule Jule Lal Dam Mast Kalandar from Gopi Kishen.

It was released in 93 and has a direct resemblemce to Chaiya Chaiya

Vysar
21st October 2006, 08:38 PM
http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=8237

Dragun
21st October 2006, 11:27 PM
Isn't Pritam also a pirate of sorts?

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 10:02 AM
Pritam is the yuvan of Hindi.......he gets inspired left/right/bottom........but still people love him for his songs..... :D

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:06 AM
Hi

See New Nagaran on google music trends at position 12 for all songs from
India.

http://www.google.com/trends/ music?where= IND

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:24 AM
Prasoon Joshi's social campaign for UN-Guinness World Record
titled `Stand Up Against Poverty, Stand Up For Millennium
Development Goals' featuring Sachin Tendulkar, Aamir Khan, Rahul
Dravid and A R Rahman has created a record of sorts. Credit it to
the convincing power of these cricketing and film idols or on the
conviction of UN and Guinness, but over 9.7 million Indians
participated in the campaign event that took place this week, making
it the largest figure from a single nation across the world. This
could lead to a mention in the Guinness World Record Book.

The campaign, a part of United Nation's Millennium Campaign, is
aimed at raising mass awareness about the promise made by 189
nations to eradicate hunger, poverty and diseases. Television
channels have been showing the clippings of the messages from the
stars for the past three days.

Says Prasoon Joshi, who wrote and directed the commercial, "The idea
is to stand up against the evils in society and remind ourselves
that things like hunger, disease and poverty do exist around us.
It's more like a pledge that we have taken to eradicate this." A
part of the commercial was shot in Mumbai, while for Dravid and
Rahman, Joshi had to fly down to Chennai.

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 11:00 AM
Harris does it again!!

Having xeroxed ARR's poongatrilae as Oh..Manamae.., HJ again has tried the same in his latest release 'Sainikudu'. This time he has used the much acclaimed Chayyia chayyia and Aye ajnabi in two of his songs.

MADDY
24th October 2006, 07:14 PM
hey do u guys know for sure this clip is from Bombay dreams??? i have it on my pc for the past 2 years......if someone have the full version it wud be gr8.........i dunno y ppl. complain that ARR is not so good at WCM but just listen to this:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=A.R.Rahman_Bombaydreams.mp3

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 06:42 PM
London Dreams has been shelved by Rajkumar Santhoshi since Salman insisted him to cast katrina kaif opposite him.

ARR has refused to work with Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela bhansali for their forthcoming films.

ajaybaskar
26th October 2006, 10:35 AM
Rahman's tune sets world record as most downloaded: Airtel

The signature tune composed by noted musician A R Rehman for Airtel has been acquired from the Internet by over 80 lakh persons so far and would soon be notified as a world record as the most downloaded jingle by cell-phone users.

"The tune has been downloaded by over 80 lakh persons so far. This is a record in the world as no other tune was downloaded by cellphone users in such a large number," Airtel's Chief Operating Officer (COO) Sunil Goyal told reporters here today on the occasion of the launch of 'festive handset bundle offer' targeted at rural customers.

For the festive offer Airtel has tied up with Motorola and LG for handsets, he said.

Under the offer, by paying just Rs 1,499 customers would get a handset, an Airtel sim card worth Rs 100, talktime worth Rs 1,499 and incoming facility of one year worth at least Rs 1,800, he said, adding that effectively a customer by paying Rs 1,499 would get benefits of more than Rs 4,898.

Referring to the company's sales performance, Goyal said the company was selling more than 72,000 connections per month for the past two months and hoped the figure would double during the festive season.

Airtel, at present has 8.25 lakh subscribers in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh Circle .

http://www.rahmantimes.com/News/oct_newsitem3.htm

ajaybaskar
27th October 2006, 10:55 AM
Subhash Ghai to direct Salman Khan

For the first time showman Subhash Ghai will be directing actor Salman Khan for a movie to be produced by his production company Mukta Arts Ltd. On October 24, on the occasion of 28 th anniversary of Mukta Arts Ltd., Ghai made a grand announcement of producing seven films from his banner. And one of them will star Salman Khan. Subhash Ghai himself will direct the film. The yet-to-titled movie will have music by A.R. Rahman. As per rumours, two top-grade heroines will be cast opposite Salman. However, they haven't not been finalized yet. The film is expected to go on floor in the middle of next year.

http://news.sulekha.com/newsitemdisplay.aspx?cid=221964&cat=Entertainment

MusicIsLife
27th October 2006, 07:26 PM
I read somewhere in Rediff, ARR will be doing one of his next projects with Subash Ghai (i will try and get the link)

dinesh2002
27th October 2006, 08:08 PM
[tscii:397c4eea01]
I read somewhere in Rediff, ARR will be doing one of his next projects with Subash Ghai (i will try and get the link)

Ghai starts seven films today
By Taran Adarsh, October 24, 2006 - 06:09 IST

24th October is an important day in the life of Subhash Ghai. It happens to be his marriage anniversary. And Ghai makes it a point to start a new film on this date year after year. Well, Ghai will be officially announcing not two/three/four, but SEVEN films later in the day.

We at IndiaFM bring you the news first, even before the official announcement…

The first two projects will be directed by Ghai himself. The first to go on floors is BLACK N WHITE, which will be produced under the banner of Mukta Searchlight Films. It will be shot in one schedule, from 21st November, and will introduce a new lead man -- Anurag Sinha, a diploma holder from FTII, Pune. Anil Kapoor will play a stellar role in this film.

The second film Ghai will direct will star Salman Khan and two top heroines. To be made under the banner of Mukta Arts Entertainment, the film will be shot from mid-April to mid-September 2007 and will be released in Diwali 2007. A.R. Rahman will score the music of this film. “It’s budgeted at Rs. 30 crores,” Ghai reveals.

Nagesh Kukunoor will direct the third film, which is titled BOMBAY TO BANGKOK. The fourth project, to be directed by Kukunoor’s chief assistant Shashi Silgudia, is titled CYCLE KICK and will go on floors next month, in November.

Anees Bazmee, Abbas-Mustan and Anurag Basu [GANGSTER] will direct one film each, all big-budget ventures. These three films will be launched in 2007. The cast and credits of these ventures are under finalization.

“It’s high time we focus on good stories and scripts than mere proposal making,” Ghai states.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/10/24/8079/index.html[/tscii:397c4eea01]

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 12:06 PM
[tscii:e4c851818e]Selvaraghavan goes for Rahman

Selvaraghavan always does things at his own pace. But these days the pace is picking up. Selvaraghavan is now giving final touches to his Telugu movie starring Venkatesh and Trisha.

Then he is supposed to do a movie titled Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam starring Suriya's sibling Karthi and Kadhal fame Sandhya in lead role. The movie would be for his White Elephants production house.

Close on the heels of Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam, Selvaraghavan will be off to Bollywood.

Yes, he is venturing to direct a Hindi movie. Selvaraghavan’s Hindi movie would be a remake of his 7G Rainbow Colony, which was a blockbuster in both Tamil and Telugu.

Raadan Media in association with U TV will produce the movie. For the first time, A R Rahman will team up with Selvaraghavan.

Selvaraghavan had hitherto combined with Yuvan Shankar Raja for his movies. And almost of them have been musical hits. Their combination is one of the best in South India. But when it came to pan-Indian appeal, Rahman is the best bet and so Selvaraghavan has naturally gone for him.

The Hindi movie will commence shortly. The candidates for the hero’s role are being short-listed.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/26410.html[/tscii:e4c851818e]

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 12:07 PM
http://chinmayogale.blogspot.com/2006/10/true-genius-r-rahman.html

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 12:10 PM
[tscii:3eea4dc08b]ARR wins G.I.F.A Award for Best BGM (Rang De Basanti)

Global Indian Film Awards 2006 Technical Award winners By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 27, 2006 - 09:16 IST
Best Story
Raj Kumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Screenplay
Renzil D’Silva, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

Best Dialogues
Abhijat Jolshi, Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Cinematography
Tassaduq Hussain (Omkara)

Best Editing
P. S. Bharathi (Rang De Basanti)

Best Sound Design
Jitendra Choudhary, Nakul Kamte (Krrish)

Best Background Score
A. R. Rahman (Rang De Basanti)

Best Art Direction
Samir Chanda (Rang De Basanti)

Best Action
Tony-Sui-Ching, Shyam Kaushal (Krrish)

Best Debut Actor
Upen Patel (36 China Town)

Best Debut Actress
Kangana Ranaut (Gangster)

[/tscii:3eea4dc08b]

rayan36
30th October 2006, 03:06 PM
Read the following article posted in arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com. Its the experience of a guy named Ramkumar who met ARR.Hi guyz,

MSV had great praise for Rahman. It was after the

Oh yeah i saw that show on vcd, There's one thing that Ramkumar forgotten to mention is that MSV praised ARR for NOT remixing the song but retuning it so that the original Thodal poo malarum song is not bashed.

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:09 AM

MSV had great praise for Rahman. It was after the

Oh yeah i saw that show on vcd, There's one thing that Ramkumar forgotten to mention is that MSV praised ARR for NOT remixing the song but retuning it so that the original Thodal poo malarum song is not bashed.

Where can i get that VCD, Rayan?

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:12 AM
Saw the trailer of 'Veyyil'. The BGM was top class.
Kamban veettu kattuthariyum kavi paadumnu summava sonnanga?

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.radioxl.net/entertainment/arrehman.htm

http://www.radioxl.net/events/arrahman.htm

http://www.radioxl.net/entertainment/index.html

rayan36
31st October 2006, 02:10 PM
Where can i get that VCD, Rayan?

We rented it ajay, dunno who's releasing it :roll:

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:55 AM
Hi All,

In lines with Srinivasa Krishnan's mail below, I had a similar experience. I met a person and he is in a big post in Doordarshan Television, Chennai and he is now a family friend of us. His name was Mr.KuzhandaiSaami. He is easily more than 55 years. I was casually talking to him, when I was in DD for some recording. Me, my dad and my brother was simply surprised to come to know he was a "Real Die Hard Fan off ARR". We were totally taken a-back on the way he described Rahman's songs and the way he expressed his boundless joy in listening to Rahman's music!!!!

The beauty is that he rates Rahman as the one and only BEST and NEVER even considers other musicians. (Though he has some good respect on old 60's songs). He says that he had lots and lots of personal difficulties in his family and he was able to overcome those hurdles just because he listened to a particular Rahman song. You know whats that song??? It was "Boom Boom" from Boys!!!!!! We were so surprised!!! !! He said that he loved the voice of Adnand Sami and Sadana Sargam in the song and described that the voice was like a "Thalaattu" (Soft-melodious) and that gave so much energy!!!!!

Our chat started in the DD canteen and it was a hot noon. He took us into his car and played the Boys CD and this song fully. He switched on the car A/C to make us feel better, while listening to the song!!!

He said that "When travelling in car, Rahman's music will be so apt for the speed at which the car is travelling!! !!!"

Here are some of his other POWERFUL words on Rahman's music.

"When it comes to BEATS, Rahman's sound will come into us like a THUNDER. At the same time when it comes to MELODY, Rahman will MELT us totally."

My God!!!!! One should see the way he expresses these words. I wish I take a video of he talking and post it to the group. I have never seen such a DIE-HARD fan of Rahman, that too a person who is nearing his sixties !!!!!!!!

I wonder how Rahman's music reaches different people in different ways !!!!!!!

Bye,
Ramkumar

Courtesy:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 11:30 AM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2006/may/020506.asp

lancelot
1st November 2006, 10:48 PM
Go to the link bellow and download the song. Listen to it an tell me what you think.

its realy good btw. worth a listen

http://rapidshare.com/files/1537038/EKG_Final.mp3

hehe
:D

ansa400
2nd November 2006, 10:38 AM
"When it comes to BEATS, Rahman's sound will come into us like a THUNDER. At the same time when it comes to MELODY, Rahman will MELT us totally."

Thats very much true....thats the magic of ARR..

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2006, 11:03 AM
I personally believe that ARR shud've avoided the following films.

1. Paarthalae paravasam
2. Kadhir movies
3. SOK
4. SJS Movies
5. Enakku 20 Unakku 18

i can still add a lot of movies to this list. He cud've easily avoided these movies and stayed on top of all MDs. After listening to the stories of the above movies, even a layman can say that the film is going to be a flop. Then y shud a renowned musician like ARR accept these films. These films neither had scope for music nor had the story which has eventually led to the BO failure. Atleast hereafter thalaivar shud me more choosy.

Dragun
2nd November 2006, 12:30 PM
1. Who can refuse Balachander? Especially when their previous film together (Duet) was sheer magic.

2. Weren't Kadhal Desam and Kaadhalar Dinam pretty big hits?

3. SOK movie was not a big hit, but the songs are good. It has Surya and Jyothika. Who knew it wouldn't be the hit it was hyped to be?

4. New was a hit, Aa Aah wasn't. Neither had great scope for music. I think these were ARR's attempts to reconnect with the masses. A couple of good songs from this bunch.

5. E20U18 I cannot explain. Maybe he and AM Rathnam share a good relationship. Tarun and Shreya are not big draws in Tamil, and Trisha can't pull a film on her own. I don't think Tarun was that popular in Telugu at the time either.

KKS had great music, but film was a flop. Parasuram was a previous commitment he couldn't get out of. Mangal Pandey did not have much scope for creative music like Lagaan did, but Aamir is a big ARR supporter.

ansa400
2nd November 2006, 04:20 PM
No one can predict a film based on its story.. Its the way the director carries through the film which matters...In that case how could you expect ARR the film will be a hit or a flop based on the story alone?? Actually the songs in Kadir's film are one of the best love songs in the current generation,,.. I would like to see ARR workin with Kadir atleast for the songs...

rayan36
2nd November 2006, 04:30 PM
Kadhir movies and E20U18 had great songs, dunno 'bout the BO status but these songs reached the masses like no other esp KadhaL Desam where all the songs are youths anthem. The thing is not to avoid But to accept offers from other directors who made it big :wink:

SJS movies started quiet well at the BO so as the songs....valee, kushi had great numbers from DEVA and that time Ajith n Vijay are on the way to success plus the theme of the both movies are different (which mass people can relate) from the one's his doing now.....all sex and sleazy. If ARR accepted/choosen from the start of SJS career definitely it will be a great combo :wink:

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 11:19 AM
1. Who can refuse Balachander? Especially when their previous film together (Duet) was sheer magic.

2. Weren't Kadhal Desam and Kaadhalar Dinam pretty big hits?

3. SOK movie was not a big hit, but the songs are good. It has Surya and Jyothika. Who knew it wouldn't be the hit it was hyped to be?

4. New was a hit, Aa Aah wasn't. Neither had great scope for music. I think these were ARR's attempts to reconnect with the masses. A couple of good songs from this bunch.

5. E20U18 I cannot explain. Maybe he and AM Rathnam share a good relationship. Tarun and Shreya are not big draws in Tamil, and Trisha can't pull a film on her own. I don't think Tarun was that popular in Telugu at the time either.

KKS had great music, but film was a flop. Parasuram was a previous commitment he couldn't get out of. Mangal Pandey did not have much scope for creative music like Lagaan did, but Aamir is a big ARR supporter.

I agree with the fact that KB is a great director. But his reign in Tamil cinema is over. Even KB has understood that and he rarely makes a film these days. Before agreeing to compose 4 the film, AR wud've listened to the story na? He cud've politely refused. I think that ARR was not satisfied with the project and hence gave some Below-ARR standard songs for the movies.

Kadhal desam and Kadhalar dinam ran just bcoz of ARR's music. It was a period where films ran just bcoz they had his music. Otherwise they r crap movies. If the same film is made now, not a single penny wud be earned by the producer.

SOK escaped bcoz of the revised taxes. Thats all. The screenplay was pathetic. But look at VV or Ghajini. Thats a kind of hit, thalai shud give. I feel that SOK songs r far better than the songs of these movies..

For reconnecting with the masses, ARR shud've composed for Shankar, Rajini, Ajith, Vijay,etc. Y SJS? For god sake, ARR is composing for these guys now.

After the release of E20U18, Its director Jyothikrishna blamed ARR for taking too much time for composing and making the film a flop. Idhu thevaiya?

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 11:21 AM
Rahman chills out!

Last week A.R.Rahman decided to chill out at the Taj Fishermen Cove on East Coast Road on the Chennai-Mahabalipuram route.

For Rahman it was work cum relaxation as he was composing two songs for his forthcoming film Kalaipuli S.Thanu?s Chakkarakatti. It is a youth film and the launch pad of K.Bhagyaraj?s son Shantanu.

Rahman took his own time to compose the numbers as wanted to give it a peppy young feel. In fact lyricist Pa Vijay was asked to re-write the lyrics to make the song better.

Meanwhile the buzz is that the introductory song for Rajnikanth in Sivaji is said to be rocking. The superstar is said to have called up Rahman and congratulated him.

Rahman works best with people whom he is comfortable with and there is no one better than Shankar! The Shankar-Rahman combo is one of the biggest success stories in Tamil film audio history.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14323387

rayan36
3rd November 2006, 12:07 PM
sakkarakati is on smooth sailing and making progress :bluejump: :musicsmile: :redjump:

baba88
3rd November 2006, 01:32 PM
A.R.Rahman has a good charachter. He tries to help young new comers like SJS, Krishna, ATM director, Sakkarakatti director, Selvaraghavan in Hindi etc.

All these directors praise ARR like their God. Look at SJS or Krishna they are praising ARR in all Interviews. So you can't say him that you don't work with them anymore.

It wouldn't be a problem to ARR to work only with Shankar and Mani Rathnam. If he would do this he would have made a record with Anniyan Audio.

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 02:58 PM
http://arrahmans.blogspot.com/

A cool link for ARR fans..

imsai
4th November 2006, 08:06 AM
http://www.dinakaran.co.in/epaperdinakaran/4112006/DN_04-11-06_E1_12-06%20CNI.jpg

imsai
4th November 2006, 08:07 AM
http://www.dinakaran.co.in/epaperdinakaran/4112006/DN_04-11-06_E1_12-06%20CNI.jpg

ajaybaskar
5th November 2006, 01:25 PM
Does Kamal hate ARR?

This interview was given during Hey Ram time

1.Weren't you tempted to consider Rahman?
No, that would have required my original musical ideas to be doctored or revamped. Ilayaraja took over gently and seamlessly.
There are no scars in the soundtrack. He has played not just a grafting surgeon but also a cosmetic surgeon. I was confident of
him because I know him as well as he knows me. We've worked in 70 films together. He knew what I wanted. People in the crew of Hey! Ram are surprised that Ilayaraja has composed exactly the noises I was making on the sets. They thought I instructed Ilayaraja about what I wanted
2.Ilayaraja is a truly gifted composer. It's sad that he has lately been eclipsed by AR Rahman.
No, not eclipsed. It's a revolving world. So the eclipse is only temporary (laughs). But wait till you listen to what Ilayaraja has done in Hey! Ram.
*** Kamal is still a old school perhaps. Wake up kamal.....if hey ram was given to arr that would have actually reduced your loss in the film.

MADDY
6th November 2006, 04:29 AM
Does Kamal hate ARR?

ajay....no no......ppl. dont like it here.......i've been raising this point time and again........but ppl. tend to just sweep my accusations under the carpet......moreover, its a kamal/IR dominated forum, so its better we keep quiet,........but evrytime kamal makes a dig at ARR, we wud fight it out....... :D :D.....i was doing this alone, now i have u also..... 8-)

Shankar
6th November 2006, 11:26 AM
>>>
*** Kamal is still a old school perhaps. Wake up kamal.....if hey ram was given to arr that would have actually reduced your loss in the film.
<<<

aththaikku meesai muLaichA chithappa nu tamizh la oru adage uNdu. nadakkAdha vishayathai pEsi prayOjanam illai.

I don't think there was any problem with Raja's work in Hey Ram. It was one of his better works, and the BG Score in those riot scenes cannot even be dreamt by any other composer.

So, talk about stuff that have happened and not - "if arr were given this..." etc...

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 12:35 PM
>>>
<<<

aththaikku meesai muLaichA chithappa nu tamizh la oru adage uNdu. nadakkAdha vishayathai pEsi prayOjanam illai.

I don't think there was any problem with Raja's work in Hey Ram. It was one of his better works, and the BG Score in those riot scenes cannot even be dreamt by any other composer.

So, talk about stuff that have happened and not - "if arr were given this..." etc...

Vandhutaanyaaa......Vandhuttaanya...

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 12:50 PM
Does Kamal hate ARR?

ajay....no no......ppl. dont like it here.......i've been raising this point time and again........but ppl. tend to just sweep my accusations under the carpet......moreover, its a kamal/IR dominated forum, so its better we keep quiet,........but evrytime kamal makes a dig at ARR, we wud fight it out....... :D :D.....i was doing this alone, now i have u also..... 8-)

Maddy, i dont know if u know this incident or not. During the recording of the song 'Pachaikiligal' from 'Indian', Kamal was present in the studio with ARR and Shankar. Some X or Y was singing for the track. Impressed with the tune, Kamal expressed his desire to sing the song himself. But neither ARR or Shankar was intrested bcoz Kamal's is a different voice which suits high pitch songs only. So they did not agree. From that incident Kamal hs developed an Ego.

Later, due to the compulsion of KSR, Kamal agreed to do Thenali. Following the success of Thenali, KSR launched another project immediately with the same team which was titled 'Naran'. But it was shelved and they started 'Panchathanthiram' leaving out ARR.
All these thing happened of one man, Mr. Kamal.

Kamal is known for his ego. He never moves out of the box. Even if u see his films, U can see him sticking to the same people for yrs, say, Crazy Mohan, Nasser, IR, Singeetham Srinivasarao, etc,etc.
ARR does not need kamal anyway. In case if kamal is running short of hits, ARR's doors will always be open.

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 12:56 PM
[tscii:d3c41ed8e6]At a time when A. R. Rahman is fighting a battle for the rights of
musicians and composers over the music they make, Instep gives you
the ten best A.R.Rahman tracks of all time; well, it was hard to
pick the best, so we give you the most groundbreaking…

By Rahma Muhammad and Maheen Sabeeh

Musicians in India have historically been taken for a ride. Record
labels keep the rights of all the songs with themselves irrespective
of the fact that ultimately it is a composition by a musician. He is
entitled to earn royalties via it and should have the right to
perform it without taking permissions from them. It is a known
factor that Bollywood has the biggest share in the music market in
India. And yet, no film producer is willing to give a music director
rights to songs that belong to him.

But A.R. Rahman begs to differ. It is this reason that made him bow
out of the next Farah Khan production, which is being produced by
Shahrukh Khan. There were rumours that a fallout had happened
between SRK and Rahman on publishing rights issue. Some even said
that Farah and Shahrukh were unhappy with the songs and thus opted
for Vishal-Shekhar. But Rahman has cleared the air. It is not
Shahrukh who has an issue with Rahman getting the official rights to
the songs but the record label T-Series. In a recent interview
regarding this controversy, Rahman commented, "I realise I've a huge
fight though I don't see it as a fight. It's not like the British
rock band Queen, which owned sole copyrights to all their songs. But
I won't run to music companies in Mumbai for the rights for my songs
every time I want to perform them at concerts. Music companies must
recognise the changing ground reality. Today the conventional
outlets for music sales are drying up. Soon all music will be free
while the performers and performances will be paid for." But Rahman
is flexible when it comes to certain films. Even as he walked away
from Om Shanti Om and another untitled Aamir Khan film, he is still
working on Ashutosh Gowariker's Akbar-Jodha. Now, Rahman has said
that this break from films will give him time to work on a non-music
private album. This does not mean that he won't do Hindi films
anymore but that it would be on his terms. Considering how music
publishers and labels work globally, the step taken by Rahman is
only natural. In Pakistan too, the new labels coming out are paying
royalties to musicians. It is the new face of music. And as it
progresses, both Indian and local music labels have to realize that
the terms should and will be dictated by an artist. And we sincerely
hope that Rahman gets his way. After all, it is no fun watching a
Mani Ratnam film without Rahman composing the tunes!

For now, check out the list that features the ten best songs of
Rahman. If you haven't already heard them, the time is now. In
India, it doesn't get bigger or better than Rahman…

1. 'Rang De Basanti'

Film: Rang De Basanti (2006)

It is rather difficult to decide which Rahman song should be on top.
The man has done some absolutely fantastic work. But if one were to
take all the elements that make a song worthy, 'Rang De Basanti'
would top that list.

Lyrically, it's playful and wild as well as patriotic. But
remember, 'Rang De Basanti' is not your average bhangra song. It's
layered with a sound that is a mélange of instruments, varying from
dhols to subtle piano and some serious orchestration. And it must be
said that both Daler Mehdi and Chitra Singh have done a fantastic
job singing this track. If Daler sings in an almost wild, hyper
demeanour, Chitra has kept it simple and subdued. Together the
combination rocks!

Visually, 'Rang De Basanti' just comes off as a very genuine video.
The dancing of the rebellious revolutionaries, road trips and drama
lessons – there is just a lot of colour and wild flavour in that
video. Collectively, the song and the video make 'Rang De Basanti'
the best song on Rahman's music sheet!

2. 'Chaiyan Chaiyan'

Film: Dil Se (1998)

Many films before Dil Se have shown actors dancing on trains. But
what makes this song so special are its poetic lyrics, powerhouse
singing from first time singer Sukhwinder Singh and a beautiful
outdoor location. That is if one has forgotten Shahrukh Khan and
Malaika Arora in the frame.

A.R. Rahman showed true composition genius with this song. Most
Indian songs have a knack of being predictable. Most often, they
stick to a single mood. 'Chaiyan Chaiyan' on the contrary was far
more interesting. It starts off slowly, builds a momentum and keeps
chugging along harder and faster perfect sync with the train
Shahrukh is dancing on. In the background, a beat always remains
intact. The bass makes the song haunted at times and when the chorus
hits, one can hear electric guitar as well as a flute, giving it a
very melodic feel.

Complimenting this tune throughout is Gulzar's intense wordplay. As
a love song, it is hopeful and yet there is a hint of obsession as
Sukhwinder sings, "Taveez Bana Key Pehno Ussey, Ayat Ki Tarah Mil
Jaaye Kahin." And it should be said that Sukhwinder Singh made this
a memorable track. Again like Rahman, he too had many undertones in
this song. He sings with conviction with just the right dosage of
masculinity. Farah Khan's upbeat choreography gave this song the
perfect visual treatment.

Footnote: 'Chaiyan' means shade.

3. 'Kehna Hai Kya'

Film: Bombay (1995)

A haunting melodious track shot to perfection by Mani Ratnam on his
muse, Manisha Koirala, 'Kehna Hai Kya' is the star track on the OST
of Bombay. The score was originally done in Tamil, and later in
Hindi only to be a super hit and make Rahman a music director the
Indian film industry took notice of. It was only after the
resounding success of Bombay that Rahman began to receive major
assignments in Bollywood.

'Kehna Hai Kya', sung by Chitra, has a confusing qawaali beat that
A.R. Rahman uses creatively; the music has the familiar tune to the
songs of Roja but is stunning nevertheless.

Even though Bombay had extraordinary musical gems like 'Humma Humma'
sung by Remo Fernandes, and 'Tu Hi Re' beautifully rendered by
Hariharan and Kavita Krishnamurty, 'Kehna Hai Kya' is the undisputed
classic from the soundtrack.

4. 'Tanha Tanha'

Film: Rangeela (1995)

Rangeela was A. R. Rahman's first composition for a Hindi film and
what a smash hit it was. Rangeela won Rahman his first Filmfare even
though he was nominated against the OST of the runaway hit of the
year, Dilwale Dulhaniya Lay Jayengay. The entire album is full of
hits but 'Tanha Tanha' stood out like no other song. Who can forget
Urmila's sexy wet on the beach moves from this song?

The song had an odd quirky mournful vibe and was rendered to
perfection by 62-year-old Asha Bhosle. Rangeela is said to be Asha's
comeback. At the time she was struggling with her career, along with
half the playback industry . Songs like 'Tanha Tanha' and 'Rangeela
Re' were chartbusters. She and Rahman went on to record more hits
like 'Mujhe Rang De' (Thakshak), 'Radha Kaise Na Jale'
(Lagaan), 'Kahin Aag Lage' (Taal) and 'O Bhanware' (Daud).

5. 'Mitwa'

Film: Lagaan (2001)

A. R. Rahman's third period film after Zubeidaa (2000) and 1947 -
Earth (1998), Lagaan is arguably the best of the lot. Mixing sounds
from Indian classical, folk, and Western classical music – Rahman
succeeds in creating a fitting mood for the film that went all the
way to the Oscars.

'Mitwa' has a great melody and powerful percussion that carry the
chorus through with nice romantic interludes in between. Udit
Narayan and Alka Yagnik (supported by Sukhwinder Singh and Srinivas)
are at their best.

The song alone won Javed Akhtar a Filmfare for his beautiful lyrics,
Udit Narayan Filmfare and National Film Award for his moving vocals
and of course Rahman for absolutely brilliant music direction.

6. 'Nahin Samney'

Film: Taal (1999)

As an album, Taal had a very clear and cohesive sound. Picking one
song is a daunting task. But if one really were to pick, 'Nahin
Samney' would be the perfect choice. This song is one of Rahman's
softer compositions. It is just a beautiful ballad. Musically, it
works primarily because of its simplicity. Unlike other Taal
numbers, this one song starts off with piano chords and a tabla beat
and in the middle works its way through subtly layered
orchestration. Added to a visual of a rainy, deserted street with
mist amongst the clouds and Akshaye Khanna crooning to Hari
Haran's "Meray Haath Mein Hee Tera Haath Hai…" and you have a
winner! Another reason why this track works is because of its
lyrics. They are simple, somewhat ambitious and 'oh so romantic'!
This is a song that stands out in Taal and that in itself is a huge
accomplishment!

7. 'Chupke Se'

Film: Saathiya (2002)

There are few songs that are as beautiful and melodic as this one.
Saathiya had a bunch of songs that were simply outstanding. But we
pick this song because it has a level of freshness to it that no
other track possesses. And that is its diversified musical
structure. 'Chupke Se' is based in two formats: one is the beginning
and the chorus that works as a qawwali while the rest of the song
simply works as a romantic ballad. Qawwali in this track is not just
tabla and harmonium. The treatment is subtle, very delicate and one
can hear acoustic guitars in the backdrop, giving it a very
contemporary feel. The song works on the shoulders of Sadhana Sargam
who sing in such a sonorous undertone that one just gets taken back
by her power. The overall feel of the song is intricate and visuals
given to this song blend very well with it. Rani Mukerji and Viveik
Oberoi under a black sky with a dull moonlight, locked in an embrace
works wonderfully.

8. 'Fanaa'

Film: Yuva (2004)

Yuva had three sounds within one album: the club night sound, the
revolutionary sound and the melodious sound. One reason why we
pick 'Fanaa' from this album is purely because of Rahman's venture
into club music. He does moody numbers, even qawaalis but 'Fanaa'
marked a new territory for Rahman. It showed his prowess as a
complete music director.

Coming back to the track, it is a number you want to dance to. A
fast paced beat remains in the background throughout with Rahman
himself singing, "Ho Ney Do Dil Ko… Fanaa." Musically, it is simple
for a man who experiments with instruments as much as Rahman.
However, it is within the bounds of simplicity that he has churned
such an effective sound. And with lyrics that are simply about
letting go of everything and swaying in one moment only adds zing to
this upbeat tune.

The first time pairing of Kareena Kapoor and Viveik Oberoi in a club
dancing, made the video a bigger success and a whole lot of fun.

9. 'Yunhee Chala Chal Rahi'

Film: Swades (2004)

Even though Swades, the movie wasn't a hit, its sound track was a
breath of fresh air in a year resounding with Sonu Nigam
crooning 'Kis ka hay ye tum ko intezar main hoon na!' What else
could one expect when Ashutosh Gowariker and A. R. Rahman join hands
in a film? Swades' music was composed from the soul, with songs
like 'Yeh Jo Des Hai', 'Saanwariya' and 'Eik Tara' taking your
breath away. Of course 'Yunhee Chala Chal Rahi' was the icing on the
Swades cake. Without any masala touch, this song with its meaningful
lyrics (Javed Akhtar again) and a soulful melody worked well with
the masses. And therein lies A. R. Rahman's genius.

There is something about 'Yunhee Chala Chal' that makes Rahman the
irresistible composer that he is. It is the luminously infectious
guitar backdrop that sets your fingers tapping. Udit Narayan is the
highlight of this song and the long heard from Hari Haran's
appearance is also appreciable. And of course Kailash Kher putting
in his brilliant two pence.

The Sufi and folk touch in the composition of this track makes it a
classic A.R. Rahman number.

10. 'Mehndi Hay'

Film: Zubeidaa (2000)

A true story, Zubeidaa is based on the life of film director, Khalid
Mohamed's mother. Making music for a period film that spawned from
the British Raj to the '80s full with rich culture in a royal
setting must have been a little difficult. But Rahman shines, once
again.

From all the songs from this movie, 'Mehndi Hai' has a special
appeal, maybe because of the Alka Yagnik honey dripping vocals shot
on the equally sweet innocence of Karisma Kapoor. The proverbial
glowing bride, ecstatic about the rich colour of her mehndi, this is
a classic wedding song.

'Mehndi Hai' is nostalgia galore and Rahman revels in the
opportunity to come up with a clean song infused with all the starry-
eyed hope that belonged to brides of that era.

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/nov2006-weekly/nos-05-11-2006/instep. htm[/tscii:d3c41ed8e6]

aruvi
6th November 2006, 01:04 PM
In the screen interview, Kamal has said nothing negative about ARR. He has simply praised IR and commented about how well their ideas overlap one another.

In what way does Kamal's responses pose him as a anti-Rahman person?

ARR is not lacking in publicity so much that a 10 year old interview of Kamal's needs to be brought back to attention!

Not just Kamal, a lot of older directors still opt for IR. They are sure of his work for their films. It is not a question of loyalty or ego. Their comfort and understanding is theirs.

Do some ARR fans need to belittle him this much to have something to talk about him?

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 01:12 PM
I know that lot of Old directors in the field opt for IR. But they never have said a word about ARR. IR's brother Gangai Amaran has praised ARR a lot in an interview. Even IR had praised ARR recently. What on earth made kamal to comment on ARR? I am sure that Kamal commented on ARR. I dont think that it was an interview for screen.

MADDY
6th November 2006, 01:25 PM
In the screen interview, Kamal has said nothing negative about ARR. He has simply praised IR and commented about how well their ideas overlap one another.

In what way does Kamal's responses pose him as a anti-Rahman person?

ARR is not lacking in publicity so much that a 10 year old interview of Kamal's needs to be brought back to attention!

Not just Kamal, a lot of older directors still opt for IR. They are sure of his work for their films. It is not a question of loyalty or ego. Their comfort and understanding is theirs.

Do some ARR fans need to belittle him this much to have something to talk about him?

aruvi, its actually a old issue.....there have been many such instances.......if kamal had made such remarks against IR, kadhaye verava irundhurukkum......right from muthu cassette function release to Kamal accusation of ARR copying bombay theme music, there have been shocking instances of kamal's open hatredness towards our little master.......since we dont have solid proof, we are keeping quiet and many ARR fans are kamal fans too.....so its kinda forgotten issue which will embarass many if it comes out..........

so aruvi, wat u see here is just a reaction to the events and not the action......

Jacky
6th November 2006, 01:34 PM
//Do some ARR fans need to belittle him this much to have something to talk about him?//

You couldn't have said it better. The various accusations spilled here would give competition to Nakeeran and magazines of that sort. It's obvious that Kamal loves IR more than any composer but that's his choice. This is just like IR fanatics having grudge with Maniratnam for the obvious. As far as I can remember Kamal has never taken a dig at ARR or he has ever praised ARR leaps and bounds except one instance. After Anbe sivam's release Kamal on Sun TV (it was a paid promotion event) praised VS in front of AS crew that all the songs have come out well which only big composers like Raja and Rahman could achieve. I don't see an issue to miff about really! Probably Kamal is a punch bag to hit out at the IR fanatics here.

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:42 AM
following clips are from a Bombay Dreams promotional cd... some of the clips are same as the one
you will find in the Salaam Bombay Dreams (Making of Bombay Dreams)....

Clips of stage musical.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcEir6bIaD4

Clips of interview and recording (studio) sessions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVazyN15fXM

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:49 AM
I wanted to share the experience which i had last nite. I was listening to 'Kadhalenum' track from Kadhalar Dhinam in my SE W550i. What an awesome track? It starts slowly, turns to a racy one and then slows down again. The percussions, astounding voices of SPB and Swarnalatha has made that into a superb song. THat may b a song of the yesteryears. But it still holds good..

MADDY
7th November 2006, 11:07 AM
You couldn't have said it better. The various accusations spilled here would give competition to Nakeeran and magazines of that sort. It's obvious that Kamal loves IR more than any composer but that's his choice. This is just like IR fanatics having grudge with Maniratnam for the obvious. As far as I can remember Kamal has never taken a dig at ARR or he has ever praised ARR leaps and bounds except one instance. After Anbe sivam's release Kamal on Sun TV (it was a paid promotion event) praised VS in front of AS crew that all the songs have come out well which only big composers like Raja and Rahman could achieve. I don't see an issue to miff about really! Probably Kamal is a punch bag to hit out at the IR fanatics here.

Jacky, thats a pretty unfair and loose accusation of ppl. who have raised this point..........how can u be so sure that all these accusations by Kamal are totally untrue.....i've heard many times in kamal's interviews myself where he indirectly digs at ARR.....leave it.....ARR and Kamal not working together for any production house/unit, film, combo is itself a testimony of my point.........i dont want to discuss it more......bye....

Shankar
7th November 2006, 11:40 AM
ajaybhaskar,
>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<

have some originality...knowing your loyalty to whoever it is, I can't expect originality, anyways :-)
Instead of filling up pages in the forum, support/refute in a substantial way.

Shankar
7th November 2006, 11:41 AM
[To genuine fans:]
forgive my dig at you-know-who....I just cudn't resist giving it back to this character :-)

Jacky
7th November 2006, 03:18 PM
Maddy,
I have never seen Kamal taking a dig directly or indirectly at ARR in any of his interviews. He never talks about ARR that's a different issue.
Yellow journalists have a ball by speculating something from their minds. Once you identify them you can dismiss the credibility of such articles. I found some funny posts when ARR was out of 10a (not from you though). I didn't comment then. Come on the guy refused to sign Subhash Ghai's Yaadein after Taal - the music that shook whole India. If ARR cannot do justice to a project, he quits period.
Kamal's intellectual ego will certainly not be in sync with ARR so i doubt if they will ever work together again unless it's a Mani or Shankar film.
I'm afraid I was forced to substantiate.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:34 AM
ajaybhaskar,
>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<

have some originality...knowing your loyalty to whoever it is, I can't expect originality, anyways :-)
Instead of filling up pages in the forum, support/refute in a substantial way.

What do u mean by originality, friend? If using "Vandhutaanyaaa......Vandhuttaanya..." phrase makes u doubt my originality, then i cant help it. Neither i wanna prove it to anybody other than my GF.

Kamal is a versatile actor. Iam a fan of him too. I've watched VV 5 times just for the sake of Kamal. But that does'nt mean that i've to stay calm whn he digs out ARR. Afterall,this is an ARR forum and not kamal's.

"Instead of filling up pages in the forum, support/refute in a substantial way.". Very well said,buddy. It suits u anyways.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:39 AM
Does Kamal hate ARR?

Maddy, neenga sonnappavae naan ketturukkanum.. Ippo parunga..

rayan36
11th November 2006, 11:09 PM
does anyone konw what the heck is 24dcs bit processing
??? I have ESK,Padaiappa & sangamam cd with that logo on it

rayan36
17th November 2006, 07:33 PM
The biggest musical rivalry in Tamil cinema

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/17-11-06-music.html

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:36 AM
[tscii:05c9803817]
The biggest musical rivalry in Tamil cinema

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/17-11-06-music.html

1.A.R.Rahman

A.R.Rahman is no longer confined to the Tamil music space.He is a big brand name in Bollywood and has also ventured into Western theater with his ‘’The Lord of the Rings’’ rendition.His recent form is mediocre by his standards, with Anbae Aruyire,Sillunnu Oru Kadhal and Varalaaru.All these albums had flashes of brilliance but didnt succeed as expected.But A.R.R retains his top spot because his albums generate the kind of hype and expectation that is on a league of its own.He still commands the highest compensation among composers and his audio rights still remain the most expensive.He is the most sought after music director for top directors like Shankar, Maniratnam and K.S.Ravikumar.

Upcoming albums:

Rahman is very choosy about his projects.He has only 2 upcoming releases, but both these projects would make it to the wish list of any other composer in Kollywood. He kicks off 2007 with Superstar Rajinikanth’s Sivaji, followed by Vijay’s Azhagiya Tamizh Magan. Rahman’s combination with Shankar always creates magic and with Superstar joining the party, we can expect nothing short of fireworks in the coming year.

[/tscii:05c9803817]

dinesh2002
19th November 2006, 05:23 AM
They missed out Sakarakatti, which ARR have already scored 2 songs for it !!! :D

rayan36
19th November 2006, 10:28 AM
They missed out Sakarakatti, which ARR have already scored 2 songs for it !!! :D

maybe they don't have ARR info database like we do :lol:

ajaybaskar
19th November 2006, 11:01 AM
Ha.ha

dinesh2002
19th November 2006, 11:34 AM

maybe they don't have ARR info database like we do :lol:

so true :rotfl: ...

His recent form is mediocre by his standards, with Anbae Aruyire,Sillunnu Oru Kadhal and Varalaaru.All these albums had flashes of brilliance but didnt succeed as expected.

GF & SOK never succeed as expected?????? wut cr*p r they telling.... :evil: SOK audio is 1 of the biggest HIT of 2006.... :x

ajaybaskar
19th November 2006, 11:50 AM
He said about the standard. Not in terms of sales but quality.

dinesh2002
19th November 2006, 02:24 PM
yea ajay..... even about standard, wut so bad about GF & SOK ??? i alwiz taut SOK was a very good album,as good as KKKK.....

rayan36
19th November 2006, 06:41 PM
They definitely have a wrong stats :bangcomp: GF & SOK by all means are ARR standards

Ramakrishna
26th November 2006, 10:43 PM
ARR concert in LA

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5981625548943721557&q=A.R.Rahman

Wibha
27th November 2006, 02:33 AM
which concert is this????/

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2006, 08:05 AM
ARR concert :irked:

Wibha
28th November 2006, 06:37 AM
ARR concert :irked:

adhu teriyum....... :evil: WHICH ARR concert........WERE was IT HELD???????????

thamizhvaanan
28th November 2006, 08:17 AM
LA :irked:

:lol2:

Wibha
28th November 2006, 08:31 AM
LA :irked:

:lol2:

dat's awesomee..........i didn't go to it :cry3:

Ramakrishna
28th November 2006, 08:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zdy7MYztRxE&mode=related&search=

This is ARR in LA.

There are more of these LA stuffs in youtube.

Ramakrishna
28th November 2006, 08:41 PM
Who knows the lyrics of the initial part of Snehidane? It goes like Netruuniravil or something like that.

Wibha
29th November 2006, 06:30 AM
netru munniravil unnith thilavu madiyil kaatru nuzhaivadheno
uyir kalandhu kaliththirundhen
inru vinnilavil andha eera ninaivil kanru thavippadheno
manam kalangip pulambugiren
koondhal nelivil ezhil kolach charivil
garvam azhindhadhadi en garvam azhindhadhadi

Shankar
29th November 2006, 09:30 AM
Corrections...
kAtru nuzhaivadhupOl

inru pinniravil andha eera ninaivil kaNdu thavipaddhupOl

MADDY
29th November 2006, 10:44 AM
Corrections...
kAtru nuzhaivadhupOl

inru pinniravil andha eera ninaivil kaNdu thavipaddhupOl

soooper appu/....... :clap:

baba88
30th November 2006, 01:14 AM
Vijay and Ajith in Agni Nakshatram

This is a big one. One that will make everyone jump out of their seats!

Eighteen years back, Prabhu as Gautham and Karthik as Ashok set the screen on fire with their histrionics. Die hard Tamil Cinema fans and lunatic thinkers that we are; we would give our left hands if the sparks can be rekindled again with two of the biggest Superstars of recent times, Ajith and Vijay

Ajith as Gautham and Vijay as Ashok would set the cash registers ringing for a year, only if the original is remade by the Master, Mani ratnam himself. Music has to be A.R.Rahman. Did someone else cross your mind?

Dragun
1st December 2006, 04:19 AM
[tscii:c3b5d9076c]http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/2043

Rahman refraining from composing
By MIO Team
Nov 30, 2006, 07:04

A.R Rehman is one composer we all want to hear more often. Once called the whiz kid of music, his compositions have always made an impact in the minds of the listeners. His music surpasses all expectations giving him the legendary status in Bollywood. Rehman needs no introduction for his work and talent and he has a huge success story to narrate. But in spite of all this Rehman is not much inclined to sign more film. He composes occasionally for Mani Ratnam and Aamir Khan films. Other than that he refrains himself from composing for other filmmakers or actors. Rahman and Aamir share mutual respect for each other's work and when it comes to Aamir's films, Rahman makes an exception and provides great music and the same goes with his rapport with Mani Ratnam. We want to hear more of Rehman and filmmakers want to work with him, then what’s abstaining Rehman?[/tscii:c3b5d9076c]

ajaybaskar
3rd December 2006, 03:18 PM
Any whereabouts of these guys who sang for ARR?

1. Balram (neethan en desiya geetham, vidai kodu)

2. Johnson (theekuruvi)

ajaybaskar
3rd December 2006, 03:21 PM
My Top Ten Musicals - A R Rahman

1. Mughal-e-Azam (1960)
2. Madhumati (1958)
3. Sadma (1983)
4. Maachis (1996)
5. Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978)
6. 1942: A Love Story (1993)
7. Qurbaani (1981)
8. Hero (1983)
9. Ghazal (1964)
10. Baiju Bawra (1952)

As listed in Filmfare, December 2006

Djpak
4th December 2006, 05:30 PM
Vijay and Ajith in Agni Nakshatram

This is a big one. One that will make everyone jump out of their seats!

Eighteen years back, Prabhu as Gautham and Karthik as Ashok set the screen on fire with their histrionics. Die hard Tamil Cinema fans and lunatic thinkers that we are; we would give our left hands if the sparks can be rekindled again with two of the biggest Superstars of recent times, Ajith and Vijay

Agni Nakshatram

Ajith as Gautham and Vijay as Ashok would set the cash registers ringing for a year, only if the original is remade by the Master, Mani ratnam himself. Music has to be A.R.Rahman. Did someone else cross your mind?

dinesh2002
4th December 2006, 07:20 PM

2. Johnson (theekuruvi)

from theekuruvi,Mukesh,he has sang a number in Saravana.....no idea wut happened to Balram & Johnson.... isnt Suttum Vizhi sudare - Ghajini is sung by Balram?

rsubras
4th December 2006, 07:35 PM
Vijay and Ajith in Agni Nakshatram... intha idea erkanave Vasanth ku vanthuruchu and this combo almost happened but ajith backed out due to some problems and was replaced by another actor who went on to become girls' heartthrob.. the movie's name is Nerukku Ner :)

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 11:39 AM

2. Johnson (theekuruvi)

from theekuruvi,Mukesh,he has sang a number in Saravana.....no idea wut happened to Balram & Johnson.... isnt Suttum Vizhi sudare - Ghajini is sung by Balram?

No dinesh, it was by sriram parthasarathy.

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 11:59 AM
Exclusive! A R Rahman on SRK, Guru and music

A R Rahman is a man of few words. But once he warms up, he can keep talking.

When we asked for an interview, he emailed just one line: Sure. I will call you. He did not specify a time or day. Given his passion for working in the night, I knew that meant I should expect a phone call from Chennai any time during the day hours in New York.

And as promised he called just two days after confirming that the interview will happen.

It was about noon in New York. For nearly an hour, he talked about a lot of things including how Shah Rukh Khan had become a 'bakra' and how he was 'blackmailed' by 'Mani sir' to sing the Tere Bina number in Guru.

Here's the first part of an extensive interview.

On working with Shah Rukh Khan

I decided not to compose the music for his film, Om Shanti Om because I was refused the publishing rights of the film. But we could surely work in future. There should be no hard feelings in this business. Shah Rukh is warm-hearted and a smart producer but he was misled in this case.

The concept of music publishing is new in India and his advisors did not understand what it meant. They made him a bakra with their wrong advice.

As a composer, it is important for me to own some rights to the music, so that I could use it any way I want 20 years from now. For me, owning these rights is more important than owning property. Anything can happen to property but music rights will not collapse.

This is not an uncommon thing in the West. But in India, some producers have begun understanding the concept. Aamir Khan is giving me the music publishing rights to his next film. Rajnikant's daughter, who is producing a Tamil film called Hara, is going to do it too.

On his own label

I want to publish not only my non-film compositions but also the songs of legends like Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan saab. So many singers, including Sonu Nigam, have learned from him. He is my guru too. There are so many gems of his that are unpublished. Even people who are acquainted with Hindustani music are not aware of this music. I want to do it. There is no commercial consideration in this venture. Over the years, I have composed music for films that are not big in the traditional way. Films like MF Husain's Meenaxi or Shyam Benegal's films.

On Bappi Lahiri singing the song Ek Lo Ek Muft in Guru

The tune for this song had been ready more than three months ago and I wanted Abhishek Bachchan to sing it. But he was abroad and by the time he would return to India, I was going abroad. So there was a dilemma. I felt it was a special song and wanted it to sound fresh.

Just then, I happened to watch some award function on television, and there was Bappida singing a song and getting a lot of applause. I contacted him in Kolkata the next day, and he was in Chennai in a day or two.

It is amazing that he could record the entire song, which is quite wordy and long, in less than two hours and then he went back to Kolkata. The song has been picturised very well on Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai. It is going to be even more popular after the film's release.

On singers Chinmayee, Shreya Ghoshal and Madhushree

Chinmayee sang a beautiful song for me in another Mani Ratnam film, Kannathil Muthamittal, called Deiva Tande Poove. It became very popular. She has won many awards in Tamil Nadu including state awards. I was surprised to see how she could change her voice for this film (She joins Rahman in Tere Bina, one of the most haunting numbers in Guru). There is more strength in her voice than I had thought and it is huskier too. I love singers who are capable of surprising the composers.

When I first heard Shreya a few years ago, I liked her voice but I thought it was a bit shrill. Now, it is full bodied. Apart from singing Barso Re in Guru, she has also sung other numbers for me, like in the Tamil film Jillunu Oru Kathal. The music became very popular and the film did well in cities.

As for Madhushree, she is growing in strength from film to film. She is one of those few singers who are capable of taking a good composition to the next level and make a big difference.

On the Mayya Mayya number

I was on hajj and I heard a man saying mayya, mayya, mayya. I heard music at once. Later, I realised he was selling water and saying the word in Arabic. So I told myself that one day I would record a song mixing Arabic, Turkish and Indian music. That is how the song was born.

The singer Maryem Toller lives in Toronto and sings in a band. I think she is from Yemen. I was working there last year on the stage musical The Lord of the Rings, and got her to record her part of the song there. I added music to it in Chennai.

Maryem's voice is also heard at the start of Rang De Basanti.

To be continued....

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 07:37 PM
When Mani Ratnam blackmailed Rahman

In the first part of an exclusive interview with A R Rahman, the maestro spoke about how Shah Rukh Khan was made a 'bakra,' and how he made Bappi Lahiri sing in Guru.

In the second and last part, Rahman talks more about Mani Ratnam's Guru, and his other projects.

On dedicating the song Tere Bina to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

When I began working on the soundtrack of Guru, I happened to listen to one of Nusrat saab's softest songs called Sajna Tera Bina. It is simple and heart stirring. There is great beauty in it. I was inspired by it and started composing Tere Bina about eight months ago.

Originally, the song was about 25 minutes long. You know I often write six or seven mukhdas and then there are many variations. I also recorded the song Ay Hairathe for the film but Mani sir felt it was too heavy to be at the start of the film. He thought of using Tere Bina.

Suddenly, the song got a life of its own. But there was one hurdle (chuckles). I had recorded it in the voice of Qadir Khan and he did an excellent job. But Mani sir wanted me to sing it. I said, Qadir will get hurt, and I did not want to hurt him. But there was no way of getting out. It became something like: Either you sing it or it won't be there.

So it was a blackmail?

But in a good way (chuckles). I also told Mani sir that I was fasting then and didn't have the energy to sing it. He said he would wait. (The song as it is has some of Murtaza Khan and Qadir's voices in the Dham Dara Dham Dara part at the beginning. Chinmayee joins Rahman later in the song.)

On Aye Hairathe

I was listening to the music of Amir Khusroo and his song Yeh Sharbati Ashiqui. I loved it. But most of the song was in Persian and that was going to cause us a problem. So Gulzar saab wrote the lyrics inspired by Amir Khusroo. I would say it is one of the best songs that have come out with my association with Gulzar.

On making Hariharan sing in Aye Hairathe

It was very important that he sang the song. It is the kind of song Mohammad Rafi would have sung four or five decades ago. It is a traditional kind of melody with lots of feelings but Hariharan makes it sound modern. He has done an astounding job. The song has a lot of masti in it. You feel it especially when Alka (Yagnik) joins in. It is a romantic and fun song. It is the most popular song in the album after Tere Bina.

I am surprised universally people are going to listen to Tere Bina after listening to all songs in the album. Such a thing (like most people returning to one song) does not happen often.

When Deepa Mehta's Water became controversial, you quit the project but your songs were retained. Now, Deepa wants you to compose the songs for her period drama The Exclusion.

I know Deepa has said that she would be very disappointed if I don't compose music for her new film. We have always retained the friendship and she showed me Water even before it opened the Toronto International Film Festival last year.

I don't know when she will start work on The Exclusion. If my schedule fits hers, I would love to work with her. We were in Los Angeles the other day attending the same event but there was no opportunity to discuss anything because I was flying to London the same night.

Other projects

I have done some work on The Golden Age, the follow up to Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth. I am working along with another composer. This is new for me in films but I am excited about it. I think the film will cost more than his Elizabeth (which cost about $35 million, eight years ago). It could even cost $100 million.

I have also recorded couple of songs for Ashutosh Gowariker's Akbar-Jodha but it is premature to talk about them. Things change. But this much I know, the songs and the score should not only reflect the grandeur of the age but also the romance between the central characters (played by Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai).

And now that The Lord of the Rings is getting ready to open in London, there is plenty of work.

ajaybaskar
6th December 2006, 11:06 AM
ARR's Mazhai Thuli song in World Music CD

Hey guys, have a look at this.. our master's song is in the world music cd. 6th song of the third cd.

http://www.unionsquaremusic.co.uk/titlev4.php?ALBUM_ID=805&LABEL_ID=15

music man
6th December 2006, 12:44 PM
Ajay!! Good work done. I saw that interview in an orkut community and thought of pasting here...Any way good job :ty:

music man
6th December 2006, 12:47 PM
Hey guys, have a look at this.. our master's song is in the world music cd. 6th song of the third cd.

http://www.unionsquaremusic.co.uk/titlev4.php?ALBUM_ID=805&LABEL_ID=15
That link is not working...Can u please check it??

music man
6th December 2006, 12:52 PM
Ooops...The link works...Sorry.. :cool2:

rayan36
6th December 2006, 02:12 PM
Finally we get see a TAMIL song in an international music cd :roll: Who would've taught a song from a low profile tamil movie would be selected :wink:

dinesh2002
6th December 2006, 04:24 PM
[tscii:d1a9025f88]what cr*p???!!!

A musical year!
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 06, 2006]

With just a few days left to enter the New Year, a look back at 2006 highlights the abundant musical talent that the Tamil film industry encompasses.

With Rahman, Ilayaraja, Harris Jayaraj, Vidyasagar and Yuvan coming out with catchy tunes, the industry saw several songs topping the charts.

Rahman had his Ah Aah and Sillunu Oru Kadhal released this year. The films were decent hits and few songs were big hits. Mention can be made of ‘Mayiliragae’ from Ah Aah and ‘Munbae Vaa’ from Sillunu Oru Kadhal.

All eyes are now on Rahman, who is working for Rajinikanth’s Sivaji. In Bollywood, Rahman is undoubtedly the number one, for, his work in Rang de Basanti and the latest Guru has won great accolades.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27499.html

Ah Aah was released last year and how can they include it this year??? weird??!!! and where is Varalaaru????? :shock: [/tscii:d1a9025f88]

aruvi
9th December 2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZocNasAnQ

Found the above link cute. It is a clip from ARR's LA concert in 2000, where the singers are singing sans music. While watching it, I remembered an interview of Sujatha.

Apparently, she lost her voice the day before and kept telling ARR that she can't perform for the concert. But ARR insisted she sing, saying God will be there. Even until she went on stage, she was scared her voice won't come. But she was able to sing. While she was singing, you can see how tense she is(which is not her usual way at all) and the strain.

As for the clip, you can see SPB encouraging Sujatha while she sings and finally, he pats her head when she's done. Just another incidence to show how great a man is SPB.

Guess_Me
9th December 2006, 05:52 PM
ARR songs win OSCAR nomination
http://www.oscars.org/press/pressreleases/2006/06.12.08.html

Happy news for all ARR fans. Three songs from our maestro has won Oscar nomination.

Chan Chan (Water)
Khalbali (RDB)
Lukka Chuppi (RDB)

Is he the first Indian composer to achieve this feat?

rayan36
9th December 2006, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZocNasAnQ

thanx 4 the link :wink: watching from the start of the show :notworthy: :notworthy:

Dragun
10th December 2006, 06:58 AM
Guess_Me, the songs have not won any nomination yet, they've just been submitted.

dinesh2002
10th December 2006, 09:12 AM
ARRahman won BEST MD for Rang De Basanti at GIFA awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: !!!!!!

Guess_Me
10th December 2006, 11:08 AM
Guess_Me, the songs have not won any nomination yet, they've just been submitted.

OOPS!!! I was a bit too excited I guess.

Hulkster
10th December 2006, 11:23 AM
ARRahman won BEST MD for Rang De Basanti at GIFA awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: !!!!!!

The music was youthful and class mixed together...worthy indeed :clap:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2006, 12:09 PM
Dec 10th, 22:00IST - THE MAKING OF THE MUSIC OF GURU only on CNN-IBN
kaanathavaraatheergal

Wibha
10th December 2006, 12:14 PM

ARR sir deserves it..........:yes:

A.ANAND
10th December 2006, 12:53 PM
Dec 10th, 22:00IST - THE MAKING OF THE MUSIC OF GURU only on CNN-IBN
kaanathavaraatheergalrama sir,please intha programe record pannungga sir.enngalukku ingga malaysia la parka vaippu illa. :ty:

dinesh2002
10th December 2006, 07:52 PM
[tscii:7153fbfeb9]G.I.F.A. Awards 2006: List of winners
By IndiaFM News Bureau, December 10, 2006 - 09:56 IST

Best Film
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Vidhu Vinod Chopra)

Best Director
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

Best Actor
Hrithik Roshan (Krrish)

Best Actress
Bipasha Basu (Corporate)

Best Actor in A Supporting Role
Abhishek Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

Best Actress in A Supporting Role
Soha Ali Khan (Rang De Basanti)

Best Actor in A Comic Role
Tusshar Kapoor (Golmaal - Fun Unlimited)

Best Actor in A Villainous Role
Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)

Best Music
A R Rahman (Rang De Basanti)

Best Lyrics
Prasoon Joshi (Roobaroo - Rang De Basanti)

Best Playback Singer (Male)
Zubin (Ya Ali - Gangster)

Best Playback Singer (Female)
Alka Yagnik (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

Best Debut Director
Vikram Chopra (The Fight Club)

Best Story
Raj Kumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Screenplay
Renzil D’Silva, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

Best Dialogues
Abhijat Jolshi, Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Cinematography
Tassaduq Hussain (Omkara)

Best Editing
P. S. Bharathi (Rang De Basanti)

Best Sound Design
Jitendra Choudhary, Nakul Kamte (Krrish)

Best Background Score

Best Art Direction
Samir Chanda (Rang De Basanti)

Best Action
Tony-Sui-Ching, Shyam Kaushal (Krrish)

Best Debut Actor
Upen Patel (36 China Town)

Best Debut Actress
Kangana Ranaut (Gangster)

Most Searched Actor on the internet
Shahrukh Khan

Most Searched Actress on the internet
Priyanka Chopra

Award for Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema
Rakesh Roshan

http://indiafm.com/features/2006/12/10/1918/index.html[/tscii:7153fbfeb9]

Wibha
11th December 2006, 12:30 AM
[Best Music
A R Rahman (Rang De Basanti)

Best Background Score

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ajaybaskar
11th December 2006, 11:04 AM
A well deserved victory for ARR. :clap: :clap: :clap:

dinesh2002
11th December 2006, 11:10 AM
yea man...after a long gap im hearing ARR WON a BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR in hindi....tamil ??????????? :? gosh...its been 6 years......... wonder when its gonna happen in tamil again... :? :(

MADDY
11th December 2006, 11:12 AM
yea man...after a long gap im hearing ARR WON a BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR in hindi....tamil ??????????? :? gosh...its been 6 years......... wonder when its gonna happen in tamil again... :? :(

he has exceeded the Award download limit for a individual in tamil..... :lol:

ajaybaskar
11th December 2006, 11:17 AM
4 national awards and a bagful of other awrds like filmfare, etc, etc. Wat else do u need to prove that he is the god of music?

ajaybaskar
11th December 2006, 11:20 AM
http://dhruvworld.com/rahman01.htm

ajaybaskar
12th December 2006, 12:44 PM
http://www.telegraphindia.com/061211/asp/nation/story_7124061.asp

After the success of Hrithik Roshan’s Krrish, director Mahesh Kothare is set to do his own Marathi version of the superhero. Promising a film “with a difference”, he has drafted in Binoy Samuel, who did the special effects for Hollywood movies such as Victoria Terminus and Manchurian Candidate.

The director has cast fresh faces: Pushkar Jog will play Superman with Manasi Naik as the lead actress.

Kothare is trying to convince A.R. Rahman to lend him one of his scores.

“Rahman has heard my concept. I needed a special song for the film and he was just the music director I wanted. But he doesn’t score music for films other than Hindi and south Indian movies; so he is still thinking,” Kothare said.

“Rahman is my choice for the title track. As soon as I get an okay from him, I shall select a track from his album.”

The remaining tracks will be composed by Bollywood music directors Ajay-Atul.

Ramakrishna
12th December 2006, 02:20 PM
[tscii:9d5e1407d5]Rahman’s wisdom on music rights
Dec 12, 2006
This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

Looks like Rahman is on a campaign to emphasize that music rights be granted to the musicians themselves. If you might remember, the ace musician walked out of Shahrukh’s home production when the producers failed to arrive at an agreement regarding the music rights of the movie. Rahman wanted the rights of the songs and scores of the movie.

A.r.Rahman
Recently, Rahman has agreed to score music for the animated movie ‘Hara’, which is produced by Soundarya – Rajini’s younger daughter. I have obtained rights of my music for Hara. It is indispensable that every music director gets hold of the music rights, stated Rahman. I have been emphasizing this for quite sometime, he added.

Rahman is not happy that Bollywoodies have shown a deaf ear to his royalty request. Not many in the Bollywood understand this concept, reiterated Rahman. I consider these rights over everything I gain in my life, declared Rahman.[/tscii:9d5e1407d5]

ajaybaskar
13th December 2006, 11:31 AM
Is Rahman the best composer we have?
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 13, 2006]

A R Rahmans's three songs, `Khalbali' and `Lukha Chipi' from `Rang
De Basanti' and `Chan Chan' from `Water' have been shortlisted
amongst top 56 songs of Oscars this year. It's a big honour for the
man and the country. This reclusive genius who works at his own
terms and conditions (he records at night and everyone complies) has
been weaving musical gems for more than fifteen years now. It's
obvious to ask, if he is the best music composer we have…

Having started off with Mani Rathnam's mellifluous `Roja', Rahman
set a new trend in terms of electronic sound and new age music
arrangements. He has always laid a lot of importance on high class
production values, choice of the most melodious singers (he has
given break to many new voices) and has consistently raised his own
bar. His prowess in South film industry is unparalleled. But his
music score in Hindi films like `Bombay', `Rangeela', `Dil
Se', `Lagaan', `Yuva', Saathiya' and `Rang De Basanti' carries a
timeless value. It can withstand the test of time. For each time you
listen to a `Tu Hi Re', `Chaiyaa Chaiyaa', `Rangeela Re',
Mitwa', `Humdum Suniyo Re', `Khuda Hafiz', `Paathshaala' or `Rubaru'
you feel as if you've heard it for the first time. The freshness
quotient in his music carries a tinge of mint.

His last release `Guru' is a mixed bag. But even then, a few of the
songs like `Tere Bin', `Barso Re' and `Jaage Hain' are miles ahead
of any of the other music compositions in the recent times. A
fantastic singer (as is evident in his rendition of `Vande Mataram')
Rahman never went overboard in promoting himself as a singer the way
a few upstart music composers have done in the recent past. Rahman's
live performances are always sold out and he is the highest paid
star while performing abroad (matching the biggest superstars). The
biggest compliment comes his way when any and every music composer
in Bollywood tries to copy him (recent example being Anu Malik in
his music arrangements of `Jaaneman' soundtrack).

Finally, A Rahman is definitely the finest music composer in
Bollywood at the moment. And here record sales are not the criterion
for saying that. Even Altaf Raja can sell a crore copies of `Tum To
There Pardesi'. The criterion is the union of commercial viability
and unmistakable virtuosity as a genius. `Rang De Basanti' is one of
the recent examples from his repertoire where he blends brilliance
of music with exceptional artistic
sensibilities. `Rubaru', `Khalbali', `Lukha Chipi', `Rang De
Basanti' and `Paathshaala' entertain and ignite a passion-for- change
at the same time.

Indiaglitz wishes A R Rahman all the best in his endeavour to bring
more laurels to the country. Hope he brings an Oscar home…

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/27705.html

Lets Cheer up our boss

dinesh2002
13th December 2006, 11:57 AM
shame on tamil people who alwiz compare ARR with Hj or YSR just for the popularity fact.... they should read this article and know the diff between FAME & QUALITY,

and unmistakable virtuosity as a genius.

ALL tamilans should read this article & know the diff between ARR & the poochis [ HJ,YSR,etc etc] !

ajaybaskar
13th December 2006, 12:06 PM
shame on tamil people who alwiz compare ARR with Hj or YSR just for the popularity fact.... they should read this article and know the diff between FAME & QUALITY,

and unmistakable virtuosity as a genius.

ALL tamilans should read this article & know the diff between ARR & the poochis [ HJ,YSR,etc etc] !

Well said, Dinesh. I hate such idiots who compare thalaivar with HJ, YSR, etc..

Hulkster
13th December 2006, 03:31 PM
I think the article is referring to bollywood more...and as for HJ and YSR stuff...even if they do compare, the originality and overall orchestration of ARR songs can thrash HJ and YSR songs to bit..even though i like YSR :exactly:

dinesh2002
13th December 2006, 03:43 PM
yea man..thats wut...imagine a much bigger industry can appriciate ARR more.... y cant his own industry appriciate more ??? the situation is pretty much same... not a big diff,infact Bollywood is more wellknown and popular worldwide....and he is apriciated there !!!but NO in Tamil industry, ARR gets trashed by saying " HJ have provided more hits & more simple but catchy tune " , "ARR has lost his magic..."

a good example from a clown website,dun wanna mention which...but when GF audio released,they rave about the songs,but once the movie released " ARR has composed medicore songs for this film " ...... :roll:

A.ANAND
13th December 2006, 04:15 PM
deva also giving more hits in 90's.his tune very cacthy and simple.ana ippa ennga irukkar innu theriyala.athu mathirithan hj.illayaraja vukku cloning deva inna,rahman nukku cloning hj.deva nillamai kudiya seekiram hj vukkum varum..unnmaithan ennaikum jaikum.

united07
15th December 2006, 08:26 AM
ok guys...clarifications on Lord of War (Nicholas Cage) movie...where ARR's Bombay Theme music is used.

The movie is currently being aired on Star Movies....
so I watched is yesterday and have checked through the credit scroll at the end to see if ARR is being credited.

Well, the good news is YES AR Rahman has been credited for that piece. But they mentioned the tune as "Mumbai Theme" tune (Bombay-the city was renamed remember!)....
With the following caption
"Written/Performed by AR Rahman"....

so there you go!....

narayanan
15th December 2006, 09:26 AM
Anand,
Deva has been in the industry since 80s. He perhaps kept a low profile all through his career apart from his occasional hits. I dont think he was selective about his films or anything. Deva is still composing, I think he doesnt charge a lot. He recently did 'Solli Adippen' too.

HJ doesnt get as many movies as Deva did. He hardly composes 2/3 movies a year and neither did he shoot to fame like ARR/IR did.

Ramakrishna
15th December 2006, 12:25 PM
A.R.Rahman's reactions to the Oscar nominations.
Dec 14, 2006
This news is sponsored by www.milesnprice.com

The 79th Academy Awards or the Oscar Awards are getting underway. Nominations for original song category for full length feature films are announced. There are fifty six songs from films belonging to different languages and country. These songs have been considered for the prestigious award. Out of these, our own Rahman's three songs are featuring in the list.

A R Rahman
They are 'Khalbali' and 'Luka Chuppi' from "Rang de Basanti" and 'Chan Chan' from "Water".

When contacted to inquire about the news, A.R.Rahman expressed happiness over the nomination and said that it was the collective effort and hard work of RDB team that is paying off rich dividends. "I also thank my fans for all their wishes", added the maestro. He has his fingers crossed on the outcome.

It is indeed a great honor for every Indian and more so every Tamilian that Rahman has elevated Indian music to world arena. Some of the other songs include 'Coming back to you' from "Deja Vu", 'You know my name" from "Casino Royale" the James Bond film and 'The song of the heart" from "Happy Feet". Wishing Rahman all the best!!!

MADDY
15th December 2006, 03:52 PM
"I also thank my fans for all their wishes"

Adhu..... 8-)

Ramakrishna
17th December 2006, 11:40 AM
8:00 PM IST Global Indian Film Awards on Sony TV

ruben_arr
17th December 2006, 02:34 PM
Gentleman Instrumental Version

A lot of fans have been searching for theme music of A.R. Rahman and here I provide his gems composition of theme musics. Previously, in 90's almost all of his album you can expect a theme music in it. So to recall the memorable theme music I would like to bring back the genius work again for your highlight with great sound editing and crystal clear sound...

Gentleman - En Vittu Thottatil - Flute Version. (NEW!!!)
you can get them at http://geniusarr.blogspot.com

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 07:47 PM
THR Raaga Top 100 songs of 2006 - Vote for ARRahman.... mainly Munbe Va !! :D

Guys,its our very own malaysian top 100 songs... vote for ARRahman... u need to register though!!

http://thr.fm/05/promotions/sirantha100/

and also Best of 2006,from gadgets to football club to best song...vote for Munbe Va - SOK for the best Song of 2006 ...

http://thr.fm/05/promotions/bestof2006/

Ramakrishna
17th December 2006, 08:41 PM
ARR just received the award for best Background score. He told that the backround score for RDB was not supposed to be done by him. At the last moment when the movie was shown to him he was so impressed by it that he did by himself.

BTW, ARR looked so humble amidst the glamour and glitz. He is a very simple man. I am very proud of him. May the good lord shower the oscar award on him. I am very happy :D

Ramakrishna
17th December 2006, 09:19 PM
A hindi actor Aftab Shivdasni was the one who announced the award for Best music. Aftab Shivdasni was visibly very excited and said he was waiting for this moment. He also said that this was the dearest moment in my life and said he was a big fan of ARR in front of a huge crowd :D :D :cool2:

k_vanan
18th December 2006, 08:25 AM
http://sify.com/movies/kannada/fullstory.php?id=14351557

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 08:47 AM
http://sify.com/movies/kannada/fullstory.php?id=14351557

omg.... Jodi songs is such a rage isnt it....1st this happened to Oonjal [releases b4 Jodi], and ARR didint had anything to do with Oonjal... now this ??

can ny 1 who is familar with kannada films clarify ?? is Sajjini audio out ??

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 10:57 AM
No. AFAIK the audio is not out.

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 12:51 PM
I checked the local newspaper here.It had mentioned about Sajni. Rahman is rehashing his Jodi tunes. The audio has not released yet. According to the newspaper, the audio is supposed to release around the new year. The singers used are Vasundhara Das, Sujatha, Shreya Goshal, Kailash Kher and Srinivas. Rahman himself is rehashing those tunes, so we can expect some changes in them.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Skins/TOI/Client.asp?Daily=TOIBG&login=mallayaarun&Enter=true&Skin=TOI&GZ=T&AppName=1&AW=1166426563625
If u click this link, u will go to the first page of the paper. For the Rahman related article, go to the 5th page.
:)

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 12:57 PM
[tscii:00bc0566f1]This is the exact article from the newspaper:

And Rahman,
too...
The news of another big import is that of composer A R Rahman hired by the producers of Sajini. This will be the celebrated music director’s first Kannada movie. “Rahman was excited when we approached him,” says Sonali Nikhil. For Sajini, Rahman will rehash the music which he had composed for Jodi according to the situations, she adds. The songs, five in all, will be sung by those handpicked by the “melody-maker with the Midas touch”. Vasundhara Das, Kailash Kher, Shreya Goshal, Srinivas and Sujatha will lend their voices to lyrics by Beluru Ramamurthy, Jayanth Prahlad, Kaviraj and others. Though the movie, starring Dhyan, Sharmila, Anant Nag, Bhavya is slotted for January-end release, Rahman fans needn’t wait long. The music might hit the stores around New Year.

[/tscii:00bc0566f1]

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 01:02 PM
[tscii:977921b7e8]This is the exact article from the newspaper:

And Rahman,
too...
The news of another big import is that of composer A R Rahman hired by the producers of Sajini. This will be the celebrated music director’s first Kannada movie. “Rahman was excited when we approached him,” says Sonali Nikhil. For Sajini, Rahman will rehash the music which he had composed for Jodi according to the situations, she adds. The songs, five in all, will be sung by those handpicked by the “melody-maker with the Midas touch”. Vasundhara Das, Kailash Kher, Shreya Goshal, Srinivas and Sujatha will lend their voices to lyrics by Beluru Ramamurthy, Jayanth Prahlad, Kaviraj and others. Though the movie, starring Dhyan, Sharmila, Anant Nag, Bhavya is slotted for January-end release, Rahman fans needn’t wait long. The music might hit the stores around New Year.

[/tscii:977921b7e8]

wow!!! goodness...now only ARR is stepping into Kannada field after 14 years huh :P..... Jodi had amazing scores... [IMO it was better than the original hindi songs] lets see if it clicks with the masses of Kannada....!!! :D

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 01:03 PM
do update us here Rama :D :D :D!!!

Guess_Me
18th December 2006, 11:19 PM
Anyone saw this video clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aDsXVlrp1M

The video clip is from the movie Spiderman 2 where Spidey fights the villain Doc Ock on top of a moving train. Now why I am posting it here is bcoz the background score has been replaced with the theme music of Thiruda Thiruda.

And it blends brilliantly. Even an american guy has posted a comment to the video saying he liked the song and is disappointed not to find it in the movie :D

ARR composed it in 1993. And it blends perfectly with a hollywood movie which released over a decade later. ARR was certainly ahead of his time.

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 11:38 PM
Hey, Thats too good :D

MADDY
19th December 2006, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvEGACOamQ&mode=related&search=

most of u should have seen this.......but for those who havent - the kinda craze ARR has in north.... :shock: :shock:

selvakumar
19th December 2006, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvEGACOamQ&mode=related&search=

most of u should have seen this.......but for those who havent - the kinda craze ARR has in north.... :shock: :shock:

Just went through the video ! Amazing ! The way the participants resorted into Tears shows the kind of respect they have for ARR there ! I saw one girl commenting "He is the GOD OF MUSIC" ! :)

The Intro for Rahman was :cool2: :thumbsup: BGM from Thiruda Thirudi and Muthu ! :thumbsup:

what I liked was his COMPOSED LOOK ! :)

ajaybaskar
19th December 2006, 12:19 PM
The news of another big import is that of composer A R Rahman hired by the
producers of Sajini. This will be the celebrated music director’s first Kannada movie. “Rahman was excited when we approached him,”
says Sonali Nikhil. For Sajini, Rahman will rehash the music which he had composed for Jodi according to the situations, she adds. The songs, five in all, will be sung by those handpicked by the “melody-maker with
the Midas touch”. Vasundhara Das, Kailash Kher, Shreya Goshal, Srinivas and Sujatha will lend their voices to lyrics by Beluru Ramamurthy, Jayanth Prahlad, Kaviraj and
others. Though the movie, starring Dhyan, Sharmila, Anant Nag, Bhavya is slotted for January-end release, Rahman fans needn’t wait long. The music might hit the stores around New Year.

Ramakrishna
19th December 2006, 03:02 PM
Hi all,

Here's one more instance of how down-to-earth ARR is...

I was watching the UOL Hyderabad concert on Sahara One last week.... and the song being performed was the Rukmani chant (the oh oh oh oh... part), which ARR was singing and he was asking the audience to join in... after the chant, the actual antara of the song was played by someone on Saxophone and there was no mic there. ARR rushes to him and holds the mic near his sax for the entire musical piece.... then ARR sings again and then he is back again to hold the mic...

I cant imagine any other world famous composer doing this in a concert!!!

Source:yahoogroup

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

Here's one more instance of how down-to-earth ARR is...

I was watching the UOL Hyderabad concert on Sahara One last week.... and the song being performed was the Rukmani chant (the oh oh oh oh... part), which ARR was singing and he was asking the audience to join in... after the chant, the actual antara of the song was played by someone on Saxophone and there was no mic there. ARR rushes to him and holds the mic near his sax for the entire musical piece.... then ARR sings again and then he is back again to hold the mic...

I cant imagine any other world famous composer doing this in a concert!!!

Source:yahoogroup

:clap: :victory: :omg: :yes: :2thumbsup: :cool2: :thumbsup:

ARR is simply the greatest!!!!

ajaybaskar
22nd December 2006, 11:05 AM
Kollywood's Ten most powerful men

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Slideshows/slideshows2/tamil-cinema-powerful-men/a-r-rahman.html

Ramakrishna
22nd December 2006, 01:54 PM
Rahman and Yuvan to sing together?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!

Watch out for more news on Chennai-600028 everyday. An indiaglitz exclusive.

Ramakrishna
22nd December 2006, 03:21 PM
NDTV Song of the year - Mashti ki paathsala
For More on this, watch NDTV on Dec 29th, 8:30PM IST.

CNN IBN Song of the year - Roobaaroo
For More on this, watch CNN-IBN on Dec 31th, 10:00PM IST.

Ramakrishna
22nd December 2006, 03:32 PM
So one thing i noticed:

A.R.Rehman Ji ka sirf ek hi album release hua he 2006 mein and woh album poora desh mein popular hein.

But other MDs like Himesh, Pitam and others have released 3 to 4 or more albums this year.
But all the albums of those others put together couldn't reach the popularity of ARR's RDB.

So AR.Rahman oru album la pannatha matha MDs naalanju albums la kooda panna mudiyala.

sonia_fr
22nd December 2006, 04:32 PM
So one thing i noticed:

A.R.Rehman Ji ka sirf ek hi album release hua he 2006 mein and woh album poora desh mein popular hein.

But other MDs like Himesh, Pitam and others have released 3 to 4 or more albums this year.
But all the albums of those others put together couldn't reach the popularity of ARR's RDB.

So AR.Rahman oru album la pannatha matha MDs naalanju albums la kooda panna mudiyala.

Bollywood desperatly needs some good MD! ARR is their savior! But only Aamir, Ashutosh Gowarikar & Deepa Mehta can afford him! Himesh has had some good tunes, but he's endlessly repeating the same thing! The MD of "Jism" did a nice job but he disappeared after that movie!

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 05:02 PM
NDTV Song of the year - Mashti ki paathsala
For More on this, watch NDTV on Dec 29th, 8:30PM IST.

CNN IBN Song of the year - Roobaaroo
For More on this, watch CNN-IBN on Dec 31th, 10:00PM IST.

:clap: super ma...super.... RDB is simply his biggest hit ever since Alaipayuthey !!! never seen such response to his music like this eva since Alaipayuthey,though BOYS was very popular,but politics on music played it out..... :roll:

im happy finnaly ARR is getting the recognition he deserves!!!

Hulkster
22nd December 2006, 05:34 PM
Bollywood desperatly needs some good MD! ARR is their savior! But only Aamir, Ashutosh Gowarikar & Deepa Mehta can afford him! Himesh has had some good tunes, but he's endlessly repeating the same thing! The MD of "Jism" did a nice job but he disappeared after that movie!

The worst is...as IR rightly said...ARR is yet to show what he is capable of..right now his music is just 1/4 of what we can expect...if he starts composing what he promised us(about more orchestra stuff)...bollywood will have no musicians to go against ARR..unless IR comes to bollywood :P

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 05:39 PM

The worst is...as IR rightly said...ARR is yet to show what he is capable of..right now his music is just 1/4 of what we can expect...if he starts composing what he promised us(about more orchestra stuff)...bollywood will have no musicians to go against ARR..unless IR comes to bollywood :P

ahh?!!...when did IR said that about ARR la??!! :shock:

Hulkster
22nd December 2006, 05:55 PM
A interview that was posted in IR albums section about four months back...IR had said ARR is capable of even better music...:P

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 05:57 PM
A interview that was posted in IR albums section about four months back...IR had said ARR is capable of even better music...:P

ohh wow.... IR said that bout ARR.... shocking :shock: ..... but great!! even the Maestro is aware of ARR's capability !!! :clap:

Hulkster
22nd December 2006, 06:29 PM
Yeaps...IR actually appreciates ARR alot..his only qualms is that ARR brought computerised music inside...which spoiled IR's fave orchestra..but after ARR showed what he can do with technology..IR is in full appreciation mode :P...now the next step would be a ARR-IR combo :yes:

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeaps...IR actually appreciates ARR alot..his only qualms is that ARR brought computerised music inside...which spoiled IR's fave orchestra..but after ARR showed what he can do with technology..IR is in full appreciation mode :P...now the next step would be a ARR-IR combo :yes:

yes man!! me 2!!! waiting for that amazing news!!!! hope it happens soon!!!! :redjump: :bluejump: :yes:

ajaybaskar
22nd December 2006, 07:45 PM
Rahman and Yuvan to sing together?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!