PDA

View Full Version : ARR News and other Tidbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

dinesh2002
13th January 2008, 08:28 AM
OMG guys...listen to this guys.... this small gal singging Mayya Mayya - Guru..... A W E S O M E man!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0WB6DDvge3E

:clap:

muzammil_fr
13th January 2008, 02:57 PM
Unbeleivable, Fantastic Singing, if ARR see here then he sure make her sing in his albem :)

baba88
14th January 2008, 09:28 PM
[tscii:700c1eadc3] 'Bombay' in The Guardian's list of '1000 albums to hear before you die'
-23 November, 2007

The Guardian, the respected newspaper published in the UK, has featured A.R.Rahman's 'Bombay' among 1000 albums that are a must-listen. The publication said "(A.R.Rahman) is considered by many to be India's greatest living composer, and any number of Rahman's soundtracks could have made this list. Bombay wins out thanks to the emotionally charged orchestral title track (often heard on chillout compilations) and Kehna Hi Kya, which outweirds Björk's Medulla when it comes to vocal arrangements."

This follows the recent inclusion of 'Roja' in Time magazine's global list of Top 10 soundtracks of all time.[/tscii:700c1eadc3]

A.ANAND
15th January 2008, 12:50 PM
[tscii:9bf9d469e5]
Copyright, royalty issues discourage great musician
SUBHASH K JHA Times News Network

Bollywood's loss is going to be the Western world's gain. A R Rahman is deliberately turning down big assignments here because of copyright and royalty issues regarding music sales. The reticent retainer of the raga and rhythm is reluctant to discuss the issue. "It's too complicated. But, yes, the issues do stop me from accepting more Bollywood offers. Those who want to work with me in Mumbai but won't agree to my conditions, are going to other composers. At the moment, I've also cut down film assignments because I want to focus on creating a Western-classic music conservatory in India. With this I hope to bridge the gap between Western classical and Indian ragas. Imagine a thumri being played by an orchestra! Or a Carnatic raga being a part of a big Hollywood epic," said Rahman.

The musical visionary says he needs to take his music to another level now. "I can't be doing just films, films, films all my life," said Rahman. "But whenever I work in Mumbai, I give my fullest concentration, as I did for Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodhaa Akbar, which I'm proud of." However, international assignments are getting more prominent in Rahman's career. "I enjoyed doing Shekhar Kapoor's
Elizabeth — The Golden Age. Now my music for the stage adaptation of The Lord Of The Rings is ready. The album is being released in Feb."

Rahman sees this album as his big international leap. "Every song has a minimum of 200 musicians and technicians involved in it. Huge choirs and orchestras were brought into play. We recorded the album in London and mixed it in my studio at Chennai. The whole crew came down from all over the world." All the songs are in English and in Elvish…the language of The Lord Of The Rings. "I had lots of help from fellow musicians like Christopher Nightingale. It took me three years to do the album."

Looking back, Rahman is not the least content with his achievements. "It's never enough," he rued. "Music is my only therapy. There're so many awful things happening in the world. I wish I could heal the world. My peace anthems like Vande Mataram and Pray For Me Brother are a small candle light in the storm. But you never know which candle will light a thousand other candles."

[/tscii:9bf9d469e5]

Ramakrishna
16th January 2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/Vairamuthu

Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu about ARR on Rahmania show.

Ramakrishna
16th January 2008, 10:15 PM

Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu about ARR on Rahmania show.

Ramakrishna
16th January 2008, 10:18 PM

MP3 of Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu about ARR on Rahmania show.

pure bliss
17th January 2008, 09:13 PM
ARR NDTV INDIAN OF THE YEAR - MUSIC

congrats

somusic
18th January 2008, 12:39 AM
ARR..The Man,The Music ,The Magic.........

Alla Rakha Rehman.......Indian Of the Year.....
....here is the link......receiving award.......

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videopod/default.aspx?id=0

He is the PRIDE OF INDIA...........We must be Proud of him............
Congrats Rehman Sir...........

MADDY
18th January 2008, 01:05 AM
it was a great feeling to see ARR sir sharing the stage with Prime minister, finance minister, Pranoy roy and other dignatories...... 8-)

ARR naamam vaazhga, avar pugal vazharga 8-)

Yathu
23rd January 2008, 01:06 AM
[tscii:8187233279]Rahman sings for G.V. Prakash
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 22, 2008]

It is known to everyone that the young music composer G V Prakashkumar is related to the music maestro A.R. Rahman. Prakash is the son of Rahman’s elder sister.

Though the young man has won several hearts by his youthful and imaginative tunes, he is yet to receive any appreciation from his uncle.

Rahman, however, has the habit of uttering a few words of appreciation on his nephew, while talking to his sister.

Prakash has recently asked Rahman to sing a song in his composing and Rahman is said to have accepted the request. It is believed that the uncle would sing in his nephew’s music soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36055.html[/tscii:8187233279]

I'm thinking this might be for Kuselan?

Ramakrishna
25th January 2008, 06:43 PM
'Chaiyya Chaiyya' for Mets vs. Yankees baseball pr
'Chaiyya Chaiyya' for Mets vs. Yankees baseball pr
8 years after he composed the chartbuster track for Mani Ratnam's Dil Se , AR Rahman's 'Chhaiya Chhaiya' is still going places. Literally! Just recently the song was heard in the start and end title credits of the Denzil Washington Hollywood film 'Inside Man'.

Now leading sports channel EPSN, played almost the entire song 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' during a Mets vs. Yankees promo for the Sunday night baseball match between the two giants. As the speaker spoke about the two teams, one could clearly hear the song.

For those who are not so much into baseball , the song picturized on Shah Rukh Khan and Malaika Arora-Khan was played for two of the biggest and most popular baseball teams in the US at around 8:02 pm eastern time.

Guess_Me
25th January 2008, 07:36 PM
Today I was lucky enough to locate a Roja (hindi) audio CD. What surprised me is that the CD contains 12 tracks. That is 7 songs and instrumentals of each song (5 in number). In the 7 songs, other than the 5 we already know of, there is a short version of Chottisi Aasha sung by Minmini (1 minute) and an alternate version of Roja Jaaneman sung by Hariharan (the one in the movie is by SPB). Never knew such a version existed. Here are the covers.

http://maxupload.com/img/9B4A99C0.jpg
http://maxupload.com/img/B9FB5A32.jpg

Ramakrishna
25th January 2008, 10:47 PM
Hey guys check this fantastic video on the "mozart of madras" ar rahman proving to be a mozart of the world with his divine music....Endorsing the world's most expensive theatre show "lord of the rings" with his sensational music and musical experts around the world giving testimonials about this legend.... Interview telecasted on BBC.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ3Z7gnS9VQ

kudos to this INDIAN.... hail ARR....and millions of symphonies from him yet to strike our chords!!!

Yathu
26th January 2008, 05:52 AM
Hey guys check this fantastic video on the "mozart of madras" ar rahman proving to be a mozart of the world with his divine music....Endorsing the world's most expensive theatre show "lord of the rings" with his sensational music and musical experts around the world giving testimonials about this legend.... Interview telecasted on BBC.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ3Z7gnS9VQ

kudos to this INDIAN.... hail ARR....and millions of symphonies from him yet to strike our chords!!!

:clap: There is only ONE A. R. Rahman. :clap:

Ramakrishna
28th January 2008, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRpmgqtcaM&eurl=http://www.orkut.com/FavoriteVideos.aspx?uid=6307414941430069419&na=4&nst=1&nid=dWlkXzAxMjY2NDU1OTJ8ZnRfdmlkLG

A.ANAND
31st January 2008, 10:00 AM
Salman and Ajay in 'London Dreams'Ads By Google
A. R. Rahman Ringtone
Want A. R. Rahman Ringtone? Trouble-Free - 100% Complimentary!
Oh-Free-Ringtones.co
Find Sexy Girls
Make an Instant Connection Find Sexy Singles near you
truesexysingles.com
Bollywood Pictures
Sexy Gallery of Hot Bollywood Pics Actresses, Actors, Wallpapers
BollywoodPictures.bi
ALSO READ
Santoshi's London Dreams come trueJanuary 30, 2008
YOU WERE READING
Santoshi's London Dreams come true
Months after it was reportedly shelved, Rajkumar Santoshi's much-hyped musical London Dreams, starring Salman and Ajay, is revived again, reports Hiren Kotwani. Indo-Asian News Service
Mumbai, January 24, 2006
First Published: 00:00 IST(13/1/2007)

Filmmaker Rajkumar Santoshi is set to begin production of the grand musical "London Dreams" this year and the real surprise of the project is Salman Khan.

Santoshi said: "'London Dreams' will come in the middle of the year. So I wouldn't like to say much about it right now. But yes, Ajay Devgan and Salman Khan have been signed for it. And A.R. Rahman will do the music."

Ajay is of course is widely considered Santoshi's resident hero.

But some years ago, Santoshi and Salman had teamed up for the comedy "Andaz Apna Apna".

Salman, currently on a signing spree, has agreed to work in new films to be made by Nikhil Advani and Samir Karnik, among others.

"London Dreams" is unlike any film Santoshi has made before.

Moving away from the gut-wrenching trademark action of his films like "Ghayal" and "Lajja", the new movie is based in London and will delineate the life and times of those associated with the Asian underground music scene.

It will chart the rise and fall of an Indi-Rock band, with A.R. Rahman providing the global sounds for this unorthodox Bollywood musical.

The film could be Santoshi's most expensive film to date, as it will try to replicate the flamboyance of Baz Luhrmann's "Moulin Rouge".

thineshan54321
31st January 2008, 10:05 AM
Today I was lucky enough to locate a Roja (hindi) audio CD. What surprised me is that the CD contains 12 tracks. That is 7 songs and instrumentals of each song (5 in number). In the 7 songs, other than the 5 we already know of, there is a short version of Chottisi Aasha sung by Minmini (1 minute) and an alternate version of Roja Jaaneman sung by Hariharan (the one in the movie is by SPB). Never knew such a version existed. Here are the covers.

wow instrumentals. share plz?

Dragun
31st January 2008, 03:22 PM

This CD is from Bayshore, formerly Magnasound. Last year I bought a Bayshore CD of Thiruda Thiruda/Pudhiya Mugam from India and the quality is worse than the original Magnasound/OMI CD, which I unfortunately lost.

thineshan54321
31st January 2008, 07:25 PM

This CD is from Bayshore, formerly Magnasound. Last year I bought a Bayshore CD of Thiruda Thiruda/Pudhiya Mugam from India and the quality is worse than the original Magnasound/OMI CD, which I unfortunately lost.

so the instrumentals are probably ripped from BGM? not intentionally mixed by ARR for these CDs?

Dragun
1st February 2008, 01:48 AM
There's no true 5.1 DVD of Roja, so the instrumentsls are probably real on the Roja CD.

rayan36
1st February 2008, 08:00 PM

so the instrumentals are probably ripped from BGM? not intentionally mixed by ARR for these CDs?

it's the instrumental version of the songs just like Gentlemen

A.ANAND
2nd February 2008, 11:01 AM
[tscii:aadb7dc885]BEYOND THE FRONTIERS

Rajiv Vijayakar
In the fifteen years that he has been around, he has turned trends on their heads and reset music parameters. This year, A.R.Rahman has achieved the rare distinctions of winning both the Best Music and Best Background Music trophies for Guru and also opening an unique Music Conservatory in Chennai. In an informal chat, the elusive composer talks of - what else? - his music

You launched the K.M.Conservatory on your 42nd birthday. What exactly is the concept behind this?
Conservatories are widely known in the West and the concept comes from the orderliness and harmonic structure of Western classical music. When I worked abroad, it struck me that I could prepare and record music in three days flat - and yet it sounded so beautiful.
Over here we are not so well organised., and it is extremely difficult to find certain instruments like oboes and French horns because there are no players. Most of today’s musicians are into electronics and the learning of instruments is neglected and music is compromised because they cannot sustain a livelihood with them.
But in the conservatory, a young musician can learn the violin or even a rare instrument and sustain himself by doing, say, its edit on the computer. So he learns - but earns well too. This is a common practice abroad where people do something else for a livelihood and also play music. There are musicians, for example, who are also web designers, so that they can afford a decent lifestyle.
I have extended this concept even to Indian classical and folk music. Musicians can come here to learn different styles of music like kirtanas and thumri.
A world-class orchestra is also our goal. Since electronics sounds came in and their new sound was liked for its freshness, live classical music and instruments began to lose appreciation, which was ominous. So many Indian composers have to go abroad to find orchestras for recording. KM Music Conservatory aims to eliminate this shortcoming. For a modern classical musician, having knowledge of both music performance and music technology is invaluable. Therefore, as I said earlier, excellent music production capabilities will ensure many more career opportunities and financial security.

Where is this Conservatory located?
The KM Music Conservatory and Audio Media Education will be India’s first Apple-authorised training centre. Right now, it is located in a small premises next to my studio but by the end of this year we will shift to a proper campus just outside Chennai. We plan to have a faculty of professors and musicians from both India and abroad and start the first batch in 2008, when we will audition vocalists as well as flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cello, double bass, and percussion players.

What will be the curriculum like?
We will have courses including Western Vocal and Instrumental, Indian Classical Vocal, Western and Indian Music Theory, Music Appreciation, Ear Training, Piano, Audio Engineering, an Apple-certified course in Logic Pro, and a Digidesign-certified course in Pro Tools. We will also have a professional KM Music Symphony Orchestra for those who complete the programmes, and the A.R.Rahman Foundation Scholarships for deserving students.

A Mumbai daily stated that you are curtailing assignments, especially in Hindi films, to give more attention to this new mission.
It was my dream to have such a conservatory for years but I held back each time as news floated about others planning similar things. Finally, since nothing was happening I decided to move ahead. And it’s not that I am cutting down on Hindi films. I have always been fairly choosy, I think, and I can’t do 10 films at a time here. But yes, I am trying to choose the cream even from among them.

This time you were in Mumbai a day before theScreen Awards. So why did you not stay back? As it happened, you annexed both the Best Music and Best Background Music trophies for Guru.
I know, I regret that I could not attend the Screen Awards show. The problem was that I was in a whirlwind at that particular point, so I was not even accessible as I hardly had time even to check emails and SMS-es! Besides the launch of the Conservatory, I flew down for the music launch of Jodhaa Akbar on the 9th, but I had to fly abroad as a studio had been booked for two days for some background music work on the film.

We just spoke about classical music. In Guru, Barso re proved the most popular song along with Tere bina. The ‘item’ song Mayya mayya came a third. Does that indicate a trend?
By itself, it is a very good sign, though Mayya mayya was also popular, besides being the first song that we recorded. It is a fact that ‘item’ songs or electronic music does not satisfy in the long run, unlike folk-based or raag-based songs. But Barso re was an afterthought. We had earlier recorded a song that was based on Gujarati folk that was to be shot with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on a bicycle - Main chali. But then she suffered an injury and we thought of a rain song instead and that’s how Barso re happened. Tere bina was a Sufi number and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khansaab has always been a great inspiration for me.

What kind of song comes easier for you?
Making any good song or tune is never easy! (Laughs)

Speaking of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is it true that you wanted her to sing Man Mohana in Jodhaa Akbar?
Well, Ashutosh Gowariker was very keen on Aishwaryaji singing that song. But she had no time to rehearse.

But the song is very demanding musically. Could an actress doing a one-off rendition have done justice to it?
Well, there are hidden talents in people! Nicole Kidman successfully sang abroad.

Today, software for pitch-correction is available. On the other hand, you have always been known to use amateur singers and maintain their natural tones, even if they are not in immaculate sur. Why is that?
As a lover of world music, I have come to believe that it is not necessary to have perfection when someone has a passion for music. Too much polish can be boring sometimes! (Laughs) See this jacket that I am wearing. It’s a new jacket but there is a deliberate faded quality at the edges. That makes it more attractive!

You tend to do a lot of Hindi films with a period or historical backdrop - The Legend Of Bhagat Singh, Bose - The Forgotten Hero, Mangal Pandey - The Rising and even Lagaan and a part of Guru. How do you approach these films’ scores vis-à-vis a ‘normal’ contemporary assignment?
Such films make you think differently. For example, there is no catchy groove that you can use and a certain authenticity is needed. At the same time, there should be a contemporary appeal and quality, and I have to see how friendly my music can be while retaining the correct vibe. Today even kids are smart - they pick up the best and the most interesting of songs, old or new.

A common allegation is that you use instruments that were not present in those eras.
Well, I try to avoid something that has too modern a sound, like a guitar. I love acoustics anyway. But such aspects are not always possible or necessary. And no composer has been able to be a purist in this genre of cinema. The effect and quality of the orchestration and background music are more important.

Another long-standing accusation against you is that your music often is repetitious, and this has been a personal observation too.
(Smiles) Well, I guess that’s because everything I do comes from within me, so a certain style or stamp is unavoidable. But it also has a lot to do with the film too and my inspirational level.

Well, we see freshness in every film of yours with say, a Mani Ratnam or a Subhash Ghai or an Ashutosh Gowariker. But then you do films like Lakeer, Tehzeeb…
(Shrugs) Sometimes I have done certain films for specific reasons. But as I said I want to be even choosier than before.

Himesh Reshammiya hopes to sing for you sometime. You used Bappi Lahiri’s vocals in Guru. And now there is news that you will be singing for Kailasa - The Band in their first film project.
Well, that’s not going to happen, unfortunately. Kailash (Kher) did want me to sing, but I am not comfortable as yet with the idea of singing for someone else. I can’t really explain why, but I guess I am somehow not cut out for that.

Which are the films that you are doing now?
I am doing Aamir Khan’s Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and his remake of Ghajini and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Dilli 6.Subhashji’s Yuvraaj will always release this year. In Tamil films I am doing Shankar’s Robot and also Sultan - The Warrior.Then there is a Telugu film starring Pawan Kalyan. Some more projects are coming up.

#marmayogi not in list!

[/tscii:aadb7dc885]

A.ANAND
2nd February 2008, 11:07 AM
Rahman acquires land for his dream project
Saturday, February 02, 2008 09:01 [IST]
Mumbai: Music maestro A.R. Rahman is ready to build a music conservatory in Chennai for young talents who want to learn Western classical music. He has already acquired land for it.

"It's near the Chennai airport. And we plan to start work on it very soon," Rahman told IANS. He says starting a music conservatory is a dream he has nurtured for years.

"I feel young talented musicians in our country, specially those who want to learn Western classical music, have nowhere seriously creative to go. We need to cultivate a taste for Western symphonic music so that an average musically-inclined young musician would be as enthused about learning the violin as the star," said Rahman.

The land purchase puts Rahman's dream plan into third gear.

"We'll soon be working round-the-clock. I want it to be one of the best music schools in our country."

Speaking on his latest music soundtrack in Hindi, Rahman said: "I wouldn't even want to compare my output in 'Jodhaa Akbar' with what Ashutosh Gowariker and I did in 'Lagaan' or 'Swades'.

"Or, for that matter, what Rakeysh (Omprakash Mehra) and I did in 'Rang De Basanti' (RDB). We've done what we liked without thinking of the outcome. You've to go by your instincts in every form of art. I've never intentionally tried to break the mould. I've tried to do what's right."

Two of his old scores are also ready for release.

"Two years back Abbas Tyrewallah's 'Jaane Tu Jaane Na' and 'Adaa' by Tanvir Ahmed were recorded. These will come in the next two months."

And, of course, there's Subhash Ghai's magnum opus "Yuvraj". "It's got Western classical vibes, but the sound is very Indian, very mellow."

He says his music in Ghai's "Taal" helped him earn Punjabi fans.

"I think 'Taal' took me to the Hindi-belt masses. I ceased to be different. Before that I was seen as this oddity from Chennai. Of course, 'Rangeela' got its own glory. But 'Taal' is the one that created a hardcore Punjabi audience for me."

He also has Mehra's "Dilli 6" coming up. "It's turned out very well. Who can say how it will be accepted? Did anyone expect RDB to become so big? Even a small idea can change the world.

"When I came into Hindi cinema with 'Roja', the whole road was empty. A lot of people are still doing good work, but not consistently. Good work can be done even on YouTube on the net. So let's not blame the lack of opportunities for the inconsistent musical output.

"Some of the stuff is undoubtedly good. You can't just write everything off. But I feel the whole idea of pop art has to change.

"Malayalam director Adoor Gopalakrishnan says TV has corrupted popular tastes. I'd have to agree with that. I feel the film medium deserves much better. Even I get pulled into projects which are not right."

Ask Rahman whom he considers a path-breaker after himself and he quips: "Why do we need a path-breaker? One never intends to be a path-breaker. If it happened I'm fortunate.

"Right now we need more experimental melodies in film music. The problem is that the minute you start composing a soundtrack, you're thinking you'll do what sells in the charts. Your intention becomes diluted. It's more about marketing than creativity.

"Which songs should go on the shelf, which should go into the pubs - these questions should come after you create the music. And there's a diminishing respect for creative people. Stars get all the respect because they bring in the audience. But what about other creative people?"

But Rahman is hopeful. "It will all taper off. We'll have more talent coming in."

Source : IANS

Guess_Me
2nd February 2008, 08:10 PM

I got a Pudhiya Mugham/Jai Hind combination disc from Bayshore and as you said the quality is disappointing. But their Roja hindi release is surprisingly of very good quality, considering it's age.

And btw, here is the instrumental version of Bharat Humko (Thamizha Thamizha) from Bayshore's Roja CD in 320 Kbps MP3. If you guys like the quality, I shall post the remaining instrumentals.

http://rapidshare.com/files/88591601/bharat_humko_inst.mp3

thineshan54321
3rd February 2008, 07:54 AM
thx guess me, but it doesnt sound professional. btw was just listening to mera yaar mila de. its my first time. what a song. wow! is this the replacement for evano oruvan? how come its male instead? anyway dont care, its one helluva song.

Yathu
5th February 2008, 01:21 AM
[tscii:5eaa92d0d0]Land for ARR's Dream Project
IndiaGlitz [Monday, February 04, 2008]

India’s leading music director A.R. Rahman has taken a concrete step towards fulfilling his dream to build a music conservatory to groom young talents, who want to learn Western classical music. He has acquired the land for the project near Chennai airport.

The maestro has reportedly said that, "I feel young talented musicians in our country, especially those who want to learn Western classical music, have nowhere seriously creative to go. We need to cultivate a taste for Western symphonic music so that an average musically-inclined young musician would be as enthused about learning the violin as the sitar."

According to Rahman, the school will be one of the best music schools in the country. The work to build the school will start soon. “We'll soon be working round-the-clock”, says the musician.

Here is wishing the maestro all the best to finish his dream project soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36339.html
[/tscii:5eaa92d0d0]

leosimha
7th February 2008, 12:43 PM
Chat with A R Rahman!

Allah Rakha Rahman burst on the national musical consciousness in 1992, with a score for the Mani Ratnam-helmed pan-Indian hit Roja that was markedly different from the prevailing template of film music of the time.

In the 16 years -- and a shade under 100 films -- since then, Rahman has created for himself an indelible place in the minds and ears of music lovers not just in India but around the world.

The year just ended, 2007, was rich with soundtracks as varied as Guru (where he collaborated yet again with director Mani Ratnam), Shivaji (the Rajnikanth starrer for which his music sold in the millions) and co-composer alongside Craig Armstrong for Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

2008 promises to continue the trend of quality married to quantity: The soundtrack of Jodhaa Akbar is already racing to hit status; coming up are his scores for big banner films like Yuvraj, Gajini, Delhi 6 and Rockstar.

Audiences know him, love him, from and through his music alone; the reclusive genius has been reluctant to engage in extended interviews or appear in live interactions with his fans.

That is set to change at 11 pm IST/0930 Eastern, Saturday, February 9, when A R Rahman will appear, live, on the Rediff Chat to interact with millions of his fans around the world. The audience will inevitably be 'standing room only', the questions will certainly be voluminous.

In order that Rahman can answer as much as humanly possible, the maestro has requested that you send in your questions ahead of time -- he will, at the appointed hour, appear live on the Rediff Chat to answer as many as he can.

Post your questions in the area alongside by 1800 IST Friday and watch this space for the link to the chat room, where you get to interact, live, with unarguably India's finest composer.

Link - http://www.rediff.com/movies/rahman08.html

SoftSword
14th February 2008, 06:07 PM
'ஜெட்' பிளைட்டில் ரஹ்மான் பாட்டு!

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்இசைப் புயல் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசையமைப்பில் லண்டனில் அரங்கேற்றப்பட்ட 'தி லார்ட் ஆப் தி ரிங்க்ஸ்' இசைத் தொகுப்பை ஜெட் ஏர்வேஸ் நிறுவனம் தனது விமானங்களில் ஒலிபரப்பவுள்ளது.

இந்தியா மற்றும் இங்கிலாந்து நாடுகளுக்கிடையே இயக்கப்படும் ஜெட் ஏர்வேஸ் விமானங்களில் ரஹ்மானின் இசை தொகுப்பு ஒலிபரப்பப்படும். இதுதவிர ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் பேட்டியையும் பயணிகள் பார்த்து ரசிக்கலாம்.

கடந்த ஆண்டு லண்டனில் தி லார்ட் ஆப் தி ரிங்க்ஸ் பெருத்த வரவேற்புக்கு மத்தியில் அரங்கேற்றப்பட்டது என்பது நினைவிருக்கலாம்.

இதுகுறித்து ஜெட் ஏர்வேஸ் நிறுவனத்தின் துணைத் தலைவர் ராஜா சரண் வெளியிட்டுள்ள அறிக்கையில், தி லார்ட் ஆப் தி ரிங்ஸ் குழுவினருடன் கை கோர்ப்பதில் மகிழ்ச்சி அடைகிறோம்.

2007ம் ஆண்டு ஜூன் மாதம் அரங்கேற்றப்பட்ட இந்த ஆல்பம் பல நாடுகளிலும் புகழ் பெற்ற பெருமைக்குரியது. இங்கிலாந்து முழுவதும் இந்த ஆல்பத்திற்கு நிறைய ரசிகர்கள் உள்ளனர்.

இந்த பெருமையில் தற்போது ஜெட் ஏர்வேஸ் நிறுவனமும் இணைந்து கொள்வது மகிழ்ச்சி தருகிறது என்று கூறியுள்ளார் அவர்.

A.ANAND
15th February 2008, 07:03 AM
jet-layum namma boss song air agiducha! :2thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :clap:
vazhga rahman pugal :2thumbsup:

thineshan54321
16th February 2008, 03:29 AM
hey guys, i know this is a bit too late, but i just remembered. when i went to india two years ago, i was going to Tnagar with my cousin on his bike (doubles) and i saw the poster of Ghajini (surya looked dashing in that poster) and my cousin was eagerly waiting for its release saying that its one of the biggest movies that year and that his friend's chithappa was the producer of the film. so i asked him y ARR wasnt a part of it since its a big movie and he said he asked his friend the same thing and his friend told him that his chithappa first approached ARR for it, but because ARR was busy he was not able to take up that project and hence he approached HJ. though u guys would be interested.

Yathu
16th February 2008, 05:36 AM
hey guys, i know this is a bit too late, but i just remembered. when i went to india two years ago, i was going to Tnagar with my cousin on his bike (doubles) and i saw the poster of Ghajini (surya looked dashing in that poster) and my cousin was eagerly waiting for its release saying that its one of the biggest movies that year and that his friend's chithappa was the producer of the film. so i asked him y ARR wasnt a part of it since its a big movie and he said he asked his friend the same thing and his friend told him that his chithappa first approached ARR for it, but because ARR was busy he was not able to take up that project and hence he approached HJ. though u guys would be interested.

ooooo interesting! I wish we had a list of all the movies that ARRs turned down, that have gone on to become big hits...(just out of curiousity.)

thineshan54321
16th February 2008, 09:24 AM

ooooo interesting! I wish we had a list of all the movies that ARRs turned down, that have gone on to become big hits...(just out of curiousity.)

ARRs choice of movies is really not great. HJ altho gives recycled, avg tunes, because of the movies' success, all his songs appear to be good. on the other hand altho ARR gives tremendous music, because of the movies they are noticed. also during the time of ghajini ARR did Ah Aah, imagine if he did ghajini instead. recent example is ATM. :roll: i still remember how GREAT i was feeling when the sogns released. then when i saw the movie (altho it wasnt that bad) i just lost interest. i wish the movie never released...

Dragun
16th February 2008, 01:37 PM

Anniyan
Om Shanti Om (due to struggle for music ownership rights)

Ramakrishna
16th February 2008, 01:40 PM

I am happy that he did not do this movie.

A.ANAND
16th February 2008, 02:31 PM
:lol: why ramakrihna sir!

thineshan54321
16th February 2008, 08:22 PM

I am happy that he did not do this movie.

me too!

Ramakrishna
16th February 2008, 10:57 PM

avlo mattamaana padanga athu.

thineshan54321
16th February 2008, 11:25 PM

the plan for taking revenge was so old bollywood style. i can understand that first half is supposed to be "old style" but after interval altho its modern bollywood, there wasnt anything modern about it.

Wibha
16th February 2008, 11:33 PM

heyyy :x watch out :x

padam mattam ellam ila.....it was good :thumbsup: the songs were good too............though its not arr................ om shanti om :musicsmile:

Wibha
18th February 2008, 01:37 AM
Sujatha about ARR
Singer Sujatha who won the National awards for ARR's songs like "Ithu Than Kaadhal Enbadha" from Pudhiya Mugham and "Poo Pookkum Osai" from Minsara Kanavu memorises her singing experiences with ARR.

Once ARR asked Sujatha and her Husband to join him to watch an Engish Movie. they together went for the movie. When Sujata noticed ARR during the movie, she was surprised to see that ARR's eyes were closed. He was sitting straight and was listening Carefully to the BGM of that movie. It shows his dedication towards composing...

:D :D :notworthy:

rayan36
19th February 2008, 08:44 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry3: WHY DO I HAVE TO KNOW THIS

thineshan54321
23rd February 2008, 08:44 PM
[tscii:0c05bafca8] Musical whiz AR Rahman may have many awards and honors to boast of and many a Filmfare awards (Indian counterpart of the Oscars) proudly graces his honorary stands. However, the 53rd Filmfare award is all the more special for the singer and musician since it is his first ever nomination for the esteemed category of Best Playback Singer. AR Rahman’s eyes glint with joy as he speaks over his nomination for the song ‘Tere Bina’ from the film ‘Guru’.

But the battle isn’t any easy for the songster who has been pitted against biggies and worthies like KK, Shaan, Sukhwinder Singh and Shaan for the award.

Expressing his elation over the nomination, shy Rahman says, “Guru is not an ordinary film for me. It is an extraordinary one. I feel good that people are acknowledging me as a good singer. I was not well when the song was recorded. So, it sounded shaky. Filmfare has become almost like a home for me now.”

With industry bigshot singers vying for the title, it would be interesting to see who wins the award. The verdict is all set to go out on February 24, 2008, as the event unfurls the prized winner of this coveted award.

[/tscii:0c05bafca8]

ill post a link soon for voting...

baba88
24th February 2008, 02:33 AM
ARR won best music and best bgm awards for guru.

thineshan54321
24th February 2008, 08:32 PM
i am dying to hear another pure carnatic classical album from ARR. stupid tamil directors!

thineshan54321
24th February 2008, 08:33 PM
ARR won best music and best bgm awards for guru.

also shreya got best singer for GURU. thats 3 awards for guru, unless i missed stuff. btw what were teh competition?

A.ANAND
25th February 2008, 01:26 PM
i am dying to hear another pure carnatic classical album from ARR. stupid tamil directors! :lol: unnga feeling puriyuthu thines,but ella diretor-rum appadi illai..ippa irukkum current trend athukellam ottu varathuppa!

A.ANAND
26th February 2008, 07:10 PM
மணிரத்னம் படத்தில் விக்ரம்?
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

விக்ரம் | மணிரத்னம் தான் செய்கிற நல்ல விஷயங்கள் குறித்தும் பெரிதாக யாரிடமும் காட்டிக் கொள்ளாதவர் மணிரத்னம்.

அதேபோல வெளியில் நிறைய விழாக்கள், பொது நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் அதிகம் தென்பட்டாலும் அங்கெல்லாம் தனது புதுப்படங்கள் மற்றும் திட்டங்கள் குறித்து மௌனமாகவே இருப்பார் இந்த 'மௌன'ரத்னம்.

இதோ குருவுக்குப் பிறகு தனது புதுப்படத்துக்கான அத்தனை வேலைகளையும் கச்சிதமாக முடித்துவிட்டு படப்பிடிப்புக்குத் தயாராகிவிட்டார் மனிதர்.

இந்தப் படமும் மணிரத்னத்தின் சமீபத்திய வழக்கம் போல, இந்தி-தமிழ் என இரு மொழிகளிலும் வரப்போகிற படம்தான்.

இந்திப் படத்தில் ஐஸ்வர்யா-அபிஷேக் பச்சன் ஜோடி. தமிழ் படத்தில் விக்ரம் நாயகனாக நடிக்கப் போவதாக தற்போது தகவல்கள் வந்துள்ளன. கதாநாயகி அதே ஐஸ்வர்யாதான்.

எனவே, பிரசாந்த், ரஜினிகாந்த்துக்கு அடுத்து ஐஸ்வர்யா ஜோடி சேரப் போகும் 3வது தமிழ் நடிகர் என்ற புதிய பெருமை விக்ரமுக்குக் கிடைக்கவுள்ளது.

இந்தப் படத்தைப் பற்றிய இன்னொரு தகவல்-

படத்தில் ஒரு முக்கியமான ஆனால் கவுரவ வேடம் உள்ளதாம். இந்தியில் அந்தப் பாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்கப் போகிறவர் விக்ரம் என்றும், தமிழில் அதை அபிஷேக் செய்வார் என்றும் கூறப்படுகிறது.

இதுகுறித்து கந்தசாமி படப்பிடிப்பிலிருக்கும் விக்ரமிடம் கேட்ட போது, மணிரத்னம் பாணியில் அழுத்தமான ஒரு சிரிப்பை மட்டுமே பதிலாகத் தந்தார்.

மணிரத்னம் படத்தில் நடிப்பதாகக் பேச்சு கிளம்பிய உடனே பேசுவதையே குறைத்துக் கொண்டார் போலிருக்கிறது!

ENNGA IRUNTHU THAN EPPADI ELLAM 'KIRUKUTHANAMA'NEWS KEDAKUTHO ANDAVA!! :banghead:

ajithfederer
3rd March 2008, 06:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncZ4hY7LM8&feature=related

Exclusive Video - Rahman wins 2 awards at 54th Filmfare Awards

thineshan54321
5th March 2008, 10:01 AM
hey guys does anyone have Ah Aah original CD? I bought mine (the green cover with a heart shaped window), but then when i went to london omw from india, my uncle took it. can someone plz give me a .wav version of mayilirage as i need it for an instrumental i am making. thx in advance.

rayan36
5th March 2008, 10:03 PM
hey guys does anyone have Ah Aah original CD? I bought mine (the green cover with a heart shaped window), but then when i went to london omw from india, my uncle took it. can someone plz give me a .wav version of mayilirage as i need it for an instrumental i am making. thx in advance.

dude where can i get cd, is it available online?

Guess_Me
5th March 2008, 10:31 PM
After Inside Man, it looks like another Hollywood movie has used ARR's song during end credits. The Accidental Husband (2008) which stars 'Kill Bill' Uma Thurman is the movie I am talking about. Here is what acclaimed critic Derek Malcolm says about The Accidental Husband

"There's a nice Bollywood song by AH Rahman over the end credits - and this really looks like a bad Bollywood movie without the songs. Carole Lombard would have had a fit."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/film-23341434-details/The+Accidental+Husband/filmReview.do?reviewId=23444349

Guess_Me
5th March 2008, 10:39 PM

Music Yogi has an original combo disc of Ah Aah and Pokiri

http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/musicDetails.asp?albID=ALB6637

thineshan54321
6th March 2008, 03:18 AM

i bought mine in india itself. the original green cover. was a very good case. here u can onlyfind ayngaran usual CDs

Yathu
6th March 2008, 03:39 AM
i bought mine in india itself. the original green cover. was a very good case. here u can onlyfind ayngaran usual CDs

Hey Thineshan whats the difference between an original CD and an Ayngaran CD? Is the sound quality better? I buy all my ARR albums from Ayngaran stores thats why!

Dragun
6th March 2008, 01:09 PM
Which song was used in The Accidental Husband?

rayan36
6th March 2008, 03:11 PM

Music Yogi has an original combo disc of Ah Aah and Pokiri

http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/musicDetails.asp?albID=ALB6637

Gawd NOO, I don't want ARR songs with mixed with other composers, If its Rahman then the next 7 tracks has to be his composition too.

rayan36
6th March 2008, 03:14 PM

Does it have the instrumental tracks, i remember it was released with the songs...I think its DVD audio

dinesh2002
6th March 2008, 03:22 PM

Hey Thineshan whats the difference between an original CD and an Ayngaran CD? Is the sound quality better? I buy all my ARR albums from Ayngaran stores thats why!

Yathu, the bitter truth is an Indian release version has the BEST quality. Y i say so? becoz it straight comes from ARR's studio.

Where else outside India, these audio companies will edit the audio b4 releasing them. [transfering them to 24 bit [?!?!], something like that, my fren Ruben from ARRahman-online.com forum was telling me]. I noticed this with SOK & Sivaji audio. I have downloaded the Flac of an Indian CD of Sivaji, and the quality was unexplainable !! my CD [Original release from Ayngaran Lotus 5 Star in Malaysia] doesnt have that sharp sound like the flac and the Vaaji Vaaji track was in low volume while the Indian CD version has a top class sound quality. Then i tried with my Boys cd, i have both the Indian & Malaysian cds, and the Indian version sounds awesome !!! its nothing but the bitter truth.... :(

thineshan54321
6th March 2008, 07:36 PM

Yathu, the bitter truth is an Indian release version has the BEST quality. Y i say so? becoz it straight comes from ARR's studio.

Where else outside India, these audio companies will edit the audio b4 releasing them. [transfering them to 24 bit [?!?!], something like that, my fren Ruben from ARRahman-online.com forum was telling me]. I noticed this with SOK & Sivaji audio. I have downloaded the Flac of an Indian CD of Sivaji, and the quality was unexplainable !! my CD [Original release from Ayngaran Lotus 5 Star in Malaysia] doesnt have that sharp sound like the flac and the Vaaji Vaaji track was in low volume while the Indian CD version has a top class sound quality. Then i tried with my Boys cd, i have both the Indian & Malaysian cds, and the Indian version sounds awesome !!! its nothing but the bitter truth.... :(

yep, its lame i dont even know y they do it (downgrade quality] but thats how it goes. :( thats y next time i go to india i am buying ne cds i can find there. the difference is really noticeable in ah ahh. for some reason the bass is really high in the international version. it is so high that the audio screeches (happens when volume is high when mixing) :?

baba88
6th March 2008, 09:08 PM

The used song was "Yaaro Yaarodi" from Alaypayuthe. It was used more than one time. First in Hindi later on in Tamil, too.

thineshan54321
6th March 2008, 09:31 PM

The used song was "Yaaro Yaarodi" from Alaypayuthe. It was used more than one time. First in Hindi later on in Tamil, too.

wow nice.

SoftSword
6th March 2008, 10:02 PM
any youtube uploads available for that...

thineshan54321
6th March 2008, 11:12 PM
any youtube uploads available for that...

according to imdb.com movie is releasing only august 2008.

baba88
7th March 2008, 03:31 AM
US release is in August. But it's released in UK.

thineshan54321
7th March 2008, 03:54 AM

o i c. neone here see it? yathu?

Yathu
7th March 2008, 04:07 AM

yep, its lame i dont even know y they do it (downgrade quality] but thats how it goes. :( thats y next time i go to india i am buying ne cds i can find there. the difference is really noticeable in ah ahh. for some reason the bass is really high in the international version. it is so high that the audio screeches (happens when volume is high when mixing) :?

owww i didnt know that! Im gonna stock up on some ARR CDs when i got India this summer! :D Should be around the time Sakkarakati releases too! :D

Yathu
7th March 2008, 04:13 AM

lol this isn't really my type of movie...and the reviews i've read for it are really bad too! Most people giving it 1 or 2 stars out of 5!

Im sure someone will upload the scenes using the ARR song soon!

I can remember watching Inside Man for the first time, I didn't even know "Chaiya Chaiya" was in it. It felt good to see ARRs masterpiece in an English film! :D

thineshan54321
7th March 2008, 04:50 AM

lol this isn't really my type of movie...and the reviews i've read for it are really bad too! Most people giving it 1 or 2 stars out of 5!

I can remember watching Inside Man for the first time, I didn't even know "Chaiya Chaiya" was in it. It felt good to see ARRs masterpiece in an English film! :D

ya i too read the review, certainly not as big as inside man. but should see just the portion before the songs to see y it was used.

Guess_Me
7th March 2008, 05:27 PM
If anyone wants to buy A R Rahman Live in Dubai Concert (2000) audio CD by Sony Music, you can get it at Indiatimes Shopping. They added it to their catalog this week. Price Rs.110. Free Shipping all over India.

http://tinyurl.com/2bf5rr

I believe there could be people like me who used to buy only audio cassettes back in 2001 and when you finally decide to switch to CDs, you can't find those old gems. Don't know how many pieces they have. I just placed my order.

SoftSword
7th March 2008, 06:02 PM

great to know that...
just now checked it in youtube...
but why did they ues that there...

and if there is any other instances of arr's pieces used in others, please list it here...

Yathu
8th March 2008, 12:47 AM
'Bombay Theme' was used in the movie 'Lord of War' starring Nicholas Cage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C27WENTgi30

'Bombay Theme' again, but this time in a French advert for mineral water 'Volvic' featuring famous footballer Zinedine Zidane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT6-lEKgW9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUDLeEeccg

'Inside Man' title credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z7ZhaH1_EI

'Chaiya Chaiya' was also used in the end credits too (this vids got some funny voice over on it...not in the original movie!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0odiT0eKIuw

'Ae Ajnabi' in the background of American TV series 'Entourage':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKDgq6zi6iE

thineshan54321
9th March 2008, 11:24 AM
Hey guys, here is a new track from ARR. It is done for the launch of Rajiv Gandhi international airport. excellent song. especially the initial chorus. wow!

http://hyderabad.aero/rial/start.html
(courtesy yahoo fans)

a very uplifting composition! plz do give it a listen

thineshan54321
9th March 2008, 11:40 AM
If anyone wants to buy A R Rahman Live in Dubai Concert (2000) audio CD by Sony Music, you can get it at Indiatimes Shopping. They added it to their catalog this week. Price Rs.110. Free Shipping all over India.

http://tinyurl.com/2bf5rr

I believe there could be people like me who used to buy only audio cassettes back in 2001 and when you finally decide to switch to CDs, you can't find those old gems. Don't know how many pieces they have. I just placed my order.

i too missed out on buying those mainly because i was too young...

Ramakrishna
9th March 2008, 06:29 PM
Dravid likes our Music Maestro A.R.R.
When i was going through the web page of interview given by Dravid to one of the radio stations recently, i found the following para which shows Dravids interest on A.R.R's compositions:

Dravid said he enjoyed watching Bollywood blockbusters like Chak De! India, Rang De Basanti and Taare Zameen Par. He also enjoys musical compositions by A R Rehman.

Thought to share with all you A.R.R fans....

-Nawali.

Source: http://in.news.yahoo.com/indianexpress/20080306/r_t_ie_sp_cricket/tsp-ask-irfan-about-girls-says-dravid-49bad22_1.html

orkut

Yathu
12th March 2008, 12:13 AM
A.R.Rahman is a young global leader

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

World Economic Forum announced a list of Young Global Leaders for 2008.

The list includes people from business, media, academia, government and service, from as many as 65 countries.

This list is to honor young leaders from around the world for their contribution to society towards making a difference and for their professional accomplishments.

A.R.Rahman, the music maestro from Chennai, Pooja Shetty, director of Adlabs films and Ratul Puri, executive director, Moser Baer India are some of the people representing Indian Entertainment Industry in the list.

The list also includes Sabeer Bhatia, the developer of HotMail, Suhas Gopinath, CEO, Globals ITeS, who had set the record to become the youngest CEO of India, Anoushka Shankar, sitar player, Barkha Dutt, senior editor, NDTV, Larry Page and Sergey Brin - co-founders of Google and Jack Ma Yun - CEO, Alibaba Group, China.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/mar-08-02/ar-rahman-11-03-08.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the list itself (ARR can be found on the top of page 2):

http://www.weforum.org/documents/ygl/YGL2008_Official_List.pdf

:clap:

A.ANAND
12th March 2008, 12:38 PM
[tscii:5400fca2c9]A. R. Rahman launches a Conservatory and an Orchestra
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, March 12, 2008]

It was one of the rare ‘Meet the Media’ events attended by a much sought after celebrity. The music wiz kid A. R. Rahman met the media persons this morning (March 12) to make a presentation about the foundation of his new KM Conservatory of music, an institution for the training of musicians for professional careers in the field.

The KM Conservatory of Music in collaboration with Audio Media Education, an Apple Authorized Training Centre, which opens in June of this year, will concentrate on instrumental and vocal music (both Indian and western), and music technology. Courses will first be offered in music technology, voice, strings and keyboards (piano and electronic keyboards).

The music wizard informed that, other instruments and aspects of the art of music and sound design would be added to the curriculum depending on the demand and interest.

The courses are at present divided into Preparatory, Foundation and Diploma. It is learnt that there will be a place for any student with musical interest, from the earliest level to higher level, to learn and to perfect their skills.

The main idea behind this novel attempt is to develop the knowledge of music technology, which is a must in today’s musical world. Students who complete the music technology course will be equipped to handle advanced studio equipment, with long term professional prospects.

Students who are dedicated to the art of performance will be trained up to professional standards over a period of years by teachers, both from India and from other parts of the world in a widening number of instruments as the conservatory develops and grows.

The Conservatory would also make the musicians develop professional approach to enhance musical proficiency, without which no artiste could survive in today’s world. The courses and training aim to serve as a place of training up to the highest level, where one could widen his or her musical and technological awareness, literacy and standards.

Discussions are under way with the University of Madras to consider the possibility for the KM Conservatory eventually to gain status as a Deemed University offering Bachelor Degrees in Music and Music Technology.

Rahman’s KM Conservatory has also planned to provide scholarship aid to the needy students initially in the Foundation and Diploma Courses.

The Conservatory would operate from a place adjacent to his studio in Kodambakkam in its first year. In the next year, in a suburb of Chennai, a leafy three acre campus will be made ready for the building of class rooms, a concert hall, recording studio and residential facilities for faculty and students from out of station.

The young genius is also founding a symphony orchestra in the western mode, to serve as a resident studio orchestra to perform music of his own composition for the music industry and to perform for the general public in Chennai and elsewhere in India as occasions arise. This orchestra is to be populated by salaried professional musicians at an international standard, both from India and abroad. Some of these players will also teach at the conservatory.

[/tscii:5400fca2c9]

rayan36
12th March 2008, 09:27 PM
[tscii:9e20136340]Rahman – The January Secret.

March 12, 2008

Visitor Medical Insurance

The month of January seems to turn the Musical Wizard on; there is a special connection between Rahman and January. Whenever he has had an album or a movie release in January it has for sure gone on to rock the charts for months, maybe an entire year altogether. Not impressed, well then the last three Januaries (2006, 2007 & 2008) have been nothing but Rahman, not in Kollywood but definitely so in Bollywood.

2006 - On the 26th of January, the movie Rang De Basanti released. Now if you have not heard Rang De Basanti (which is quite close to impossible) then you possibly do not know that Rahman is very close to the best in India when it comes to delivering high energy Punjabi numbers. The Rang De Basanti song which had Daler Mehendi in full throttle with the desi drums for company pumped adrenalin into the farthest corners of our body. Then there was the ‘Paathshala’ which might be called the ‘School of Rock/Rap’ for Indian film music, something never heard or tired before. Then Khalbali with the distinct Arabic feel that made you want to dance. And of course, there were the signature Rahman melodies, Roobaroo (the song that unearthed Naresh Iyer) and Tu Bin Bataayein that left a lump in your throat- January 2006.

2007 - We need not tell you what was unleashed in January 2007. For the ones not so fortunate with their memory- Guru. Another Mani Ratnam-Rahman combo that gave us everything that we needed for our hearing pleasures. Maiya Maiya, again an Arabic touch but very cleverly tweaked to suit our tastes. But then this was just the average part of an album that had two lilting melodies- Tere Bina and Aye Hairathe, the latter especially making us linger on in the sweet symphony of Hariharan’s voice as it blended with the subtly used tables. Not to forget the thundering background music that gave us the thrill.

2008- The music is just catching on in some parts of India but Rahman has definitely scored a hat-trick of hits in successive Januaries. Jodha-Akbar has sealed the love story of Rahman and January (Jodha Akbar Music was released in January). It may not be the ‘first time love’ kind of songs but Rahman has given one of the finest albums in recent times. Jashn-e-Bahara is definitely the most ‘melting melody’ that has come out since Aie Hairathe- the perfect use of Sonu Nigam’s sweet voice. ‘In Lamhon Ke Daaman’ too makes us lose ourselves in layers of finely crafted sound. But the cake is really taken by the instrumental versions where the flute replaces the vocals-mesmerizing. And for the thrill, hear Azeem-o-shaan shahenshah with its resounding drums.

So, what’s for January 2009- we cannot wait.

[/tscii:9e20136340]

rayan36
12th March 2008, 09:31 PM
Rahman's school - an insider's view video

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Interviews/interview-5/arr-km-school/arr-km.html

SoftSword
12th March 2008, 09:34 PM
jus watched it...
hope rahman is sowing seeds for a musical revolution in India...

we salute you RAHMAN

Ramakrishna
12th March 2008, 10:20 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/gallery/Events/14701.html

A.ANAND
13th March 2008, 01:07 PM
[tscii:5f8d60f96e]A.R.Rahman's music conservatory launched

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 13 March , 2008, 10:07

A.R.Rahman’s current passion to create an authentic Indian orchestra has come true. As a first step towards it, he has established the KM Music Conservatory as a bridge between music, technology and culture. The maestro formally launched the conservatory on Wednesday evening in Chennai

The conservatory will help techno-savvy sound-engineers to learn the basics of composing and spend time with instruments hands-on and musicians to learn the importance of technology and the basics of sound recording. And thus, create that unique “Indian orchestral sound or symphony” as Rahman likes to call it.

Says Rahman: “We want our Hindustani and Carnatic musicians to be able to read Western notations and adapt to playing with other musicians so that they can learn to play with ten other sitarists at the same time. That’s the sound we’ve never heard before”

He also said that the school which is currently situated in his studio will now shift to a three-acre campus with a concert hall, recording studio, state-of-the-art classrooms and accommodation for students which will be full-fledged in two years time. Says Rahman: “I am doing just two films a year, so I guess I should have all the time for the music school”.

The conservatory will offer three important courses- preparatory course for beginners, foundation course for students pursuing music as profession A two-year diploma course is offered after completing the foundation course. Says Rahman: “We are yet to finalize the fee structure but Indian students will be charged a concessional rate”.

Adds Rahman: “We are a country of 1.4 billion people and we don’t have our own national symphony orchestra. I have been having a burning desire to have something like that of our own. Our source of entertainment has always been monopolised by films but there’s a different kind of entertainment too- Orchestral music which is on the other side of art. If we educate our people, we could get that into the mainstream”

As the founder Principal of KM Conservatory, Rahman has pulled all strings and created an advisory panel consisting of a repertoire of veteran musicians, both Indian and Western. The conservatory received about 250 applications since the announcement on his birthday. He says: “We’re just putting everything we have into it. God willing, we will have our own campus in two years time. I have a place in mind that is about three to five acres, a quiet kind of environment where there will be music and not car horns” he says. Apart from visiting faculty from all around the world and guidance from veteran musicians, the students will have special classes from Rahman himself.

Vendy Paar (Violin), Pushkar (Conductor), T Selvakumar (MD, KM conservatory), L.Subramaniam (Violin maestro), Ghulam Mustafa Khan( Hindustani vocalist) Lendis Lav (Musician from Czechoslovakia), Srinivas and Murtaza Khan were present at the function.

For more information visit www.arrahman.com or www.audiomedia.in

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:5f8d60f96e]

sha
13th March 2008, 05:43 PM
A R Rahman Live in concert

Date - 18th April 2008
Venue - Sharjah Cricket Stadium( UAE )

Ticket Prices

* 125 AED
* 175 AED
* 500 AED
* 1000 AED

http://www.boxofficeme.com/MoreInfo.aspx?id=357
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

http://www.gulfnews.com/tabloid/Entertainment/10196378.html

Yathu
14th March 2008, 02:58 AM
AWWW lucky lucky peeps of UAE! ARR please do another concert in London!

Yathu
14th March 2008, 03:13 AM
[tscii:8476052391]Rahman’s desires

IndiaGlitz [Thursday, March 13, 2008]

What is the motivating factor behind the idea of music wizard A.R. Rahman’s new Conservatory and Symphony Orchestra? It is nothing but his passion towards music, said the young genius while talking to the media on the occasion of announcing the launch of the project.

The Madras Mozart has also pointed out the inadequacies in India in terms of symphony orchestra. “Whenever I tour abroad, I find a lot of interest towards symphony all over the world. I have to go around the world searching for the artistes for symphony orchestra. I want to reduce the inadequacy in the field in India”, said the maestro in the press meet held yesterday (March 12) in Chennai.

Rahman has desires aplenty such as providing scholarships to the needy students to learn music. He also wants to make arrangements to teach all kinds of musical instruments in his institution soon. The Conservatory, which would function near his office in Kodambakkam initially, will be moved to a larger place in a suburban area of Chennai later.

Rahman informed that around 150 students have joined the Conservatory so far. When asked if he would seek government’s help in promoting the school?

“I have no such idea till the moment”, said the musician with a smile. “Even if I approach, it is not going to happen immediately”, opined the master. So what does ‘KM’ mean? “Nothing”, said Rahman. “We gave the name with a spiritual purpose”.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37215.html[/tscii:8476052391]

A.ANAND
18th March 2008, 06:14 AM
[tscii:b63c28a7f5]Producer casting the net to catch the Musical storm
Any number of people may come, but A.R.Rahman's position remains where it was.

Hotnews!

Yet another award for Amir Khan
Producer casting the net to catch the Musical storm
Rajini film's title for Dhanush's film
'Kucheludu' function in Hyderabad!
Ananda Vikatan expresses regret.
'Mirugam' hero in Shankar's film
'Kuruvi' reaping crores
Selvaraghavan – Yuvan team broken
A passage to Kodambakkam from Sri Lanka – a singer's journey
'There is no politics in '1977' – Sarath Kumar's interview
Prakashraj in 'Sathyaraj'
Anjali becomes Mohana
Director's altercations with Ganja Karupu
more...

A.R.Rahman's name adds weight to big budget films. Producer Mohan Natarajan is very convinced about it.

After 'Kandasamy', Mohan Natarajan's Sri Rajakaliamman Super Films is producing a Vikram starrer film. K.S.Ravikumar will be directing it.

Vikram does a dual role in this film. The producer is targeting Trisha and Nayantara for the two heroines.

No title is finalized for this action film yet. Being a big budget film, they are selecting highly talented technicians. The producer is very keen to get A.R.Rahman for music.

If it materializes A.R.Rahman's fans will have another musical feast!

source:indiaglitz.com

[/tscii:b63c28a7f5]

thineshan54321
18th March 2008, 06:59 AM
please let this be true... we need more tamil albums. currently the only ones pending are sakarakatti, robot, and manavar dhinam. also this will be the first time vikram will star under ARRs music, and vikram has a huge following so it would be wonderful. also ARR can give classy tunes. the only thing that worries me is KSR, hope itdoesnt become too masala-ish.

A.ANAND
18th March 2008, 03:15 PM
[tscii:8f5a8d7ed1]GV Prakash: The Happening Young Musician
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, March 18, 2008]

It sure seems like this one surely is tracing his uncle's success story. Slowly but steadily he is securing a place for himself in the music world. So it is no wonder if we said that this young and happening music director G.V. Prakash is on cloud nine. He is slowly forging ahead in the race to the numero uno position and the plump offers that he is receiving from the best of directors stand testimony to this.

The latest catch of Prakash is "Kuselan", the film of Superstar Rajinikanth that is directed by P. Vasu. This composer has spun six songs for this film and is very excited about composing for the Superstar. The Malayalam original "Katha Parayumbol" had only two songs in contrast to the six songs in "Kuselan". Rajini is also very confident about this young genius and will witness the output of the songs in the final mix.

G V. Prakash has also done music for "Anandha Thandavam" and all the songs are melodious, with a young feel to it. Director Vasantha Balan's "Angadi Theru", which has six song tracks, too has music by the young man. The music of this film is said to be very revolutionary and city-based.

Around 30 boys from Tirunalvelli who have acted in this film have crooned a rap song for the film. All the boys are raw talents without any formal training.

And as the icing on the cake, Selvaraghavan has now roped in this young talent after the director parted ways with Yuvan Shankar Raja. When asked about the director GVP has only one word to utter: “Brilliant”.

All these above mentioned films will hit theatres soon.

With many prominent directors including Hari and Vetri Maaran have roped the young musician for their next project the future seems vast and welcoming for G.V. Prakash. We hope he embraces it with open arms.

namma thala-oda vaalu enbathal santhosam :lol: [/tscii:8f5a8d7ed1]

SoftSword
18th March 2008, 05:37 PM
adhu mattum illa...
at times he uses thalai's compositions for his songs....
so, when he succeeds, its again a success for arr...

whatever it be, he does good job...
he has a diff kind of melody making style...

apart from kaalai, all his other albums are good...

and u know,
his fortune/future was written when he sang "chikku bukku..."

A.ANAND
18th March 2008, 07:13 PM
his latest 'uyirile'song from vellithirai 'killing me' :musicsmile:[naan romba humming pannra latest song]appdiye avaroda 'mama'arr0roda minnale song [may matham]
song ketta athe feeling!naama than avarukku sapport pannanum!

YSR,HJ-IKKU PIRAGU GVP. :clap: ALL THE BEST!

Yathu
18th March 2008, 07:57 PM
Yay another ARR Tamil album....just one downside, I don't know if KSR can get the best out of ARR, in terms of creativity.

sat_srini
22nd March 2008, 06:49 AM
Interesting video (might have been posted earlier but couldn't resist!!!) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUkVnwgtPo

sat_srini
22nd March 2008, 06:50 AM
Audio review of Elizabeth -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBedd_sW-Vc

baba88
22nd March 2008, 04:41 PM
I think ARR's future tamil projects are:

Sakkarakatti
Sultan
Chennayil Oru Malaikaalam (not sure)
Manavar Dhinam
Mani Rathnam's new movie
Robot
Marmayogi

maybe KSR new movie.

Yathu
22nd March 2008, 06:37 PM
Interesting video (might have been posted earlier but couldn't resist!!!) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUkVnwgtPo

Yeah this was posted before, but deffo worth reposting! This is one of the best ARR interviews ever. Nikki Bedi got a lot of info out of him! :D

baba88
23rd March 2008, 03:43 AM
I have a few questions concering ARR:

Why didn't P.Vasu work with ARR anymore after Love Birds ?
This was a great album.

What is this director called K. S. Ravi doing now ? I loved Mr Romeo that much !

Who will be the Music Director for director Vasanth's (Rhythm) new movie called Nadai Udai Bhavanai ?

Will Rajeev Menon direct a movie again ?

Yathu
23rd March 2008, 05:33 AM
Baba, out of all those directors the combo I want to see again is defo Rajiv Menon & ARR. Good films, great music.

Ramakrishna
23rd March 2008, 10:36 AM
I have a few questions concering ARR:

Why didn't P.Vasu work with ARR anymore after Love Birds ?
This was a great album.

avarukellaam ARR rombo athigam

What is this director called K. S. Ravi doing now ? I loved Mr Romeo that much !

avar panna rendu movies-umey flops. Maybe he didn't get anymore chance

Who will be the Music Director for director Vasanth's (Rhythm) new movie called Nadai Udai Bhavanai ?

It was Yuvan who scored for his previous movie. So i guess he will score again

Will Rajeev Menon direct a movie again ?

He had plans of directing a hindi movie. Dunnnno what has happened to that

thineshan54321
24th March 2008, 09:19 AM
check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9L9hP5Iu0 (courtesy yfg).

I really admire Suryah for his admiration for Rahman. He respects Rahman a lot and no matter where he makes hsi public appearance or interviews, he never fails to mention Rahman's genius. hats off. as long as SJ Suryah doesnt act, I would really love to see them both working together.

Ramakrishna
24th March 2008, 02:12 PM
ARR on the piano -IshqBina&Yeh jo des

IshqBina-piano version
http://www.4shared.com/file/41658496/97627519/Ishq_Bina.html
Yeh jo des-piano version
http://www.4shared.com/file/41658539/fcf0ea35/yeh_jo_des_hai_tera.html

SoftSword
24th March 2008, 03:26 PM
This weeks vikatan, carries an article on ARR's KM Musical conservatory...
it carries the known news with ARR gonna sponsor for 50 selected students out of his bag...

thineshan54321
24th March 2008, 07:53 PM
hey guys plz vote for JA:
http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

we need ppl to hear this wonderful album, so lets get it up there, its already number 4, just concentrate ur votes on it. remember every hr, u can vote.

Devar Magan
24th March 2008, 09:59 PM
what ?????

Kannadasan kaaraikudi is at 6..

thats not fair.. it deserves to be No.1.. come on guys :yes:

Yathu
25th March 2008, 03:53 AM

I really admire Suryah for his admiration for Rahman. He respects Rahman a lot and no matter where he makes hsi public appearance or interviews, he never fails to mention Rahman's genius. hats off. as long as SJ Suryah doesnt act, I would really love to see them both working together.

Ow cool, I haven't seen this episode of Jodi No. 1 yet (we get it delayed!). My views on SJS have really changed after seeing him on this show. He seems like a really fair & understanding kinda guy. :D

thineshan54321
25th March 2008, 04:46 PM

Ow cool, I haven't seen this episode of Jodi No. 1 yet (we get it delayed!). My views on SJS have really changed after seeing him on this show. He seems like a really fair & understanding kinda guy. :D

he is a totally diff guy when he is not acting with good-looking heroines. :lol: :lol:

vote plz: http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

Yathu
25th March 2008, 05:34 PM

he is a totally diff guy when he is not acting with good-looking heroines. :lol: :lol:

But he sits next to Sangeetha on Jodi No. 1! :lol:

thineshan54321
25th March 2008, 06:32 PM

But he sits next to Sangeetha on Jodi No. 1! :lol:

by the looks of it, it doesnt look like he likes her. i mean if he does, then we would have made her eat cake from his face!

Yathu
25th March 2008, 08:55 PM
:lol: lol true. He's a bit like Kamal Haasan when it comes to the ladies!

thineshan54321
26th March 2008, 02:10 AM
:lol: lol true. He's a bit like Kamal Haasan when it comes to the ladies!

that affinity makes him do some disgusting things on screen which makes the movie bad. i mean kushi and vaali were amazing movies. lets hope the music of puli rocks (i am 100% sure it would be dubbed just for the sake of music).

Vaz
26th March 2008, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that SJS will "remake" it simultaneously with himself in the lead for us... "fortunate" tamil people! He did the samething with Naani/New...

But one thing is sure, even if I really don't like this guy when he's acting, he has a "musical" ear which enables him to get some wonderfull tunes from our boss! And Puli would be not exception.

thineshan54321
27th March 2008, 01:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that SJS will "remake" it simultaneously with himself in the lead for us... "fortunate" tamil people! He did the samething with Naani/New...

But one thing is sure, even if I really don't like this guy when he's acting, he has a "musical" ear which enables him to get some wonderfull tunes from our boss! And Puli would be not exception.

ya mayilirage, thigu thigu, and Anbe aaruyirae were top-class arr tunes.

Vaz
27th March 2008, 01:34 PM
I would also add Kalaiyil Dinamum and Thottal Poo Malarum to your list....

MADDY
27th March 2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314W-WjCIIk

goosebumps all over my body :notworthy:

Yathu
28th March 2008, 12:59 AM

:lol: The kid's got great taste. ARR should see this vid!

thineshan54321
28th March 2008, 01:09 AM

:lol: The kid's got great taste. ARR should see this vid!

even my cousin starts crying if i stop playing fanaa. whenever i switch the song or turn it off, he starts crying, the only way to stop him is to re-play fanaa. that is one of the reason why i got so bored of this song. one day, i literally played fanaa over and over again from 3 pm to 6 pm until he slept. :shock:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2008, 03:22 PM
Deccan Chronicle Interview
ARR been interviewed by Lyricist Thamarai, Composer Joshua sridar and Singer Krissh...
check it out in the link below...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2172/2368363002_87f1b54706_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2367529951_66cbc83839_o.jpg

baba88
28th March 2008, 05:58 PM
A.R.Rahman - Leo Coffe Jingle
http://www.zshare.net/audio/96764278fb7845/

Harris Jeyaraj - Mudher Kanave (Majunu)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/9676441a33f6fa/

Now look at my Leo Kanave remix.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/9676920c3c599d/

baba88
28th March 2008, 06:29 PM
A.R.Rahman's 100% confirmed Tamil projects:

Sakkarakatti
Sultan - The Warrior
Chennayil oru Malaikaalam (not the real title)
Robot
Marmayogi

Ramakrishna
28th March 2008, 09:02 PM
An ARR concert is being shown on Star Plus, Starone and Star Utsav simultaneously on sunday at 10pm

thineshan54321
29th March 2008, 03:08 AM
guys, we need ppl to take notice of idhayam from jodha akbar. it is currently at 2nd position. of all votes, 79% belong to arr's 3 songs.
http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php
PLZ VOTE FOR ONLY IDHAYAM, we need it to come to 1st place so ppl will take notice of it. thx in advance.

always
29th March 2008, 06:20 AM
A.R speaks about his career :cool:

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view3328365.html

MADDY
30th March 2008, 10:23 AM

Sakkarakatti
Sultan - The Warrior
Robot
Marmayogi

KSR-Vikram movie and Kathir's Maanavar Dhinam

Ramakrishna
30th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Indian viewers watch Star one, Star plus or star utsav right now for ARR concert.

baba88
30th March 2008, 11:58 PM

Sakkarakatti
Sultan - The Warrior
Robot
Marmayogi
Mani Rathnam new movie

KSR-Vikram movie and Kathir's Maanavar Dhinam

Is Manavar Dhinam confirmed ? Any sources ?
And this KSR-Vikram movie is not comfirmed. The producer is just trying to get ARR but not confirmed.

I forgot the new movie of Mani Rathnam in my list

Ramakrishna
31st March 2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?yj2zxyvy214

Director Vasanth speaking about ARR.

rayan36
4th April 2008, 06:58 PM
for malaysian rahman fans

Do u guys watch astro's padalthiran podhi, most of the kids sing ARRahman songs, this shows our Master is still at the top 8-)

Yathu
5th April 2008, 12:19 AM
Rahman plans second music conservatory in West Bengal
Friday Apr 4 12:45 PM

Kolkata, April 4 (IANS) After setting up his first western classical music conservatory in Chennai, music maestro A.R. Rahman plans to set up the second one in Kolkata. He said he would love to explore talents from West Bengal.

'The first music conservatory in India for training national musicians in western classical music will be opened at Chennai in June. The second one will follow shortly in Kolkata,' Rahman told IANS.

Speaking of Kolkata and music, Rahman said: 'The city breathes refreshing music. I was thoroughly inspired by the traditional baul music while composing for 'Mangal Pandey'. In fact, I would love to explore the new talents and music of West Bengal.

'Right now I am planning a new album. It has been 10 years after 'Vande Mataram' that I came up with a new one,' added Rahman who was here Thursday to shoot the season finale of Airtel Bandwagon, a television reality show promoting music bands.

Rahman, who wowed his fans with melodious and soulful compositions in 'Jodhaa Akbar', also said that he would return to Kolkata with a larger-than-life concert by the end of this year.

Incidentally, Rahman's first music concert in India was held in Kolkata in February 2003.

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/22836/Rahman-plans-second-music-conservatory-in-West-Bengal.html

ARRs planning to do another album! Yay! :D

Yathu
5th April 2008, 12:29 AM
An old pic of ARR in a turban, for the launch of "Kizhakku Cheemaiyile"!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aravind_am/2383550979/sizes/o/

Is the poster of this photo ("Aravind_am") a fellow hubber? He seems to know ARR and his sister pretty well (from his photos!).

littlemaster1982
5th April 2008, 01:30 AM

Is the poster of this photo ("Aravind_am") a fellow hubber? He seems to know ARR and his sister pretty well (from his photos!).

Aravind is not in hub, but he runs a blog called arrahmaniac.blogspot.com. Remember that Kannathil Muthamittal duet video? It was made by him only. Yeah, he knows ARR and his sister and has also participated in 'Rahmania' program in a FM channel hosted by Reihana.

Yathu
5th April 2008, 03:43 AM

Aravind is not in hub, but he runs a blog called arrahmaniac.blogspot.com. Remember that Kannathil Muthamittal duet video? It was made by him only. Yeah, he knows ARR and his sister and has also participated in 'Rahmania' program in a FM channel hosted by Reihana.

Ow coool! Someone should get him to post on here and maybe get Reihana on here tooo! (Yeah, I know, wishful thinking right! :lol: )

We could get the latest news straight from ARRs sister!

A.ANAND
7th April 2008, 03:55 PM
A R Rahman's music conservatory at Chennai by June

Composer A R Rahman is planning to start his music conservatory in Chennai by June that will also work as an academy.

Rahman, who will perform tomorrow at the Rajasthan Festival here, along with drummer Sivamani and singer Sadhana Sargam among others, said he feels good when people say they begin their day by playing "Aazeem oh shaan shanshah" and end their day with "Khawaja mere khawaja", songs from "Jodhaa Akbar" which have become quite popular.

Incidentally, the film was not allowed to be screened in Rajasthan by Rajputs who alleged it had distorted history.

Talking to reporters here, Rahman said two things are behind his not doing too much of stage shows.

"First of all, there should be balance and then I too have a fear of performing on stage," he said, adding "but the moment the audience begin to respond, everything gets settled."

On reality shows, he said through these programmes television viewers are "at least getting to see some kind of music instead of the regular dose of violence.

"They (the contestants) should utilise the chances given to them. But they do not, it's their problem."

On the overall standard of music in Bollywood, Rahman said "people are doing some great work but some people don't have self pride.

"I mean when I am working, I or the producer never compromise on quality."

He said his proposed album with Michael Jackson has hit some roadblock "but these will be sorted".

Appreciating the Jaipur gharana of music and the state for producing some great musicians, Rahman said: "Even a nine- year-old kid sings well in Rajasthan and this is what I like about this state."

Ramakrishna
8th April 2008, 11:47 AM
"ONLY RAHMAN IS THE SAVIOUR ": LATA MANGEHSKAR
Today there was an interview of LATA MANGESHKAR ( Which she gave to DON paper of PAKISTHAN ) in EENADU telugu paper and she talked a lot about her relationships with PAKISTHANI singers of those times and also today's INDIAN MUSIC.

She said " TOdays' BOLLYWOOD music is nothing before the music of those days.It offers nothing ".

Then she said " ONLY AR RAHMAN IS THE SAVIOUR OF INDIAN MUSIC THESE DAYS. HE IS EXCEPTIONAL. HE IS DOING MANY NEW THINGS WHICH R REALLY GOOD. BUT HE IS DOING VERY FEW ALBUMS'.

A.ANAND
8th April 2008, 01:20 PM
"ONLY RAHMAN IS THE SAVIOUR ": LATA MANGEHSKAR
Today there was an interview of LATA MANGESHKAR ( Which she gave to DON paper of PAKISTHAN ) in EENADU telugu paper and she talked a lot about her relationships with PAKISTHANI singers of those times and also today's INDIAN MUSIC.

She said " TOdays' BOLLYWOOD music is nothing before the music of those days.It offers nothing ".

Then she said " ONLY AR RAHMAN IS THE SAVIOUR OF INDIAN MUSIC THESE DAYS. HE IS EXCEPTIONAL. HE IS DOING MANY NEW THINGS WHICH R REALLY GOOD. BUT HE IS DOING VERY FEW ALBUMS'.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
8th April 2008, 01:23 PM
Action against Shankar, Manirathnam, A.R.Rahman & others?
Apr 7, 2008, 17:01

The hunger strike called by the Film Producers' Council to protest against Karnataka's stance in the Hokkenakal project was a massive success. Many top film artistes, producers, technicians, TV artistes and directors participated in the daylong strike to show their solidarity in the issue.

However, some notable personalities were conspicuous with their absence. Among them were Shankar, Manirathnam, Thangar Bachan, Illayaraja, A.R. Rahman, Karthik, Napoleon, Asin, Revathi, Suhasini etc. According to our sources, most of them are sending in their apologies and reasons for their absence to pacify the respective affiliations they are associated with. With the hunger strike turning out to be a great success, it looks like there might not be any strong action against them if they provide a valid reason.

evangga elloraiyum jaila-la puduchi podaporanggala :lol:

Ramakrishna
8th April 2008, 01:37 PM
ivangalayellaam Tamil movies la work pannavey vidamaattaanga ....what a pity..what a pity :sad:

thineshan54321
8th April 2008, 06:12 PM
ivangalayellaam Tamil movies la work pannavey vidamaattaanga ....what a pity..what a pity :sad:

if shankar, mani ratnam, AR Rahman are not allowed to work in tamil movies. TFI will eat dunk. :lol: so they will accept the "valid" reasons.

SoftSword
8th April 2008, 06:19 PM
idhu discuss panra alavukku serious aana visayam illai...
when they all are part of the industry... its the industry's right to question them about their absense...
and they ll accept their reasons...
lets leave it light...

sat_srini
8th April 2008, 07:42 PM
There is going to be an interview with ARR (indiaglitz) on 13th April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZVjyfKXp3o

Ramakrishna
8th April 2008, 08:26 PM
ARR on Coffee with Anu, Vijay TV. Saturday April 12th, 9:30PM IST

கானத்தவராதீர்கள்

thineshan54321
9th April 2008, 01:55 AM

கானத்தவராதீர்கள்

NO WAY!!! :shock: someone please record in HQ.

Yathu
9th April 2008, 02:18 AM

கானத்தவராதீர்கள்

oooooo :redjump:

ARRs doing a lot more interviews these days. Gives us more of an insight into the man behind the music!

Someone please record and upload this interview! :D

A.ANAND
9th April 2008, 08:36 AM

கானத்தவராதீர்கள்
ramakrishna anna :lol2: innga malaysia-la vijay tv channel illa sir!
please record panni,namma thala tread-la podunnga sir,unngalukku punniyama pogum :lol:

Ramakrishna
10th April 2008, 10:24 AM
http://vijay.indya.com/specials/kwa2/gallery/gallery_ar_rahman.asp

Thalaivar on Coffee with Anu...Photos

sat_srini
10th April 2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videopod/default.aspx?id=26595

Thalaivar's interview on NDTV. A must watch!!!

sat_srini
10th April 2008, 07:58 PM
Promo of ARR in Koffee with Anu. Interesting titbits.

http://videoontherocks.indya.com/index.asp?refervid=4552

Quotes from the Promo:

Anu asked if he has had the experience of playing roadside cricket / Gilli, ARR replies that he has the experience of flying kites :))

He also mentions that he remembers getting beatings from YGP (for lack of attendance)..

YGP says Some are born great, Some become great, Some have greatness thrust upon them, Rahman is all three put together.

Courtesy : ARR yahoo group

Ramakrishna
10th April 2008, 08:54 PM

It keeps buffering. Any way to download it dude?

sat_srini
10th April 2008, 09:19 PM
I guess it is a flash video. So, there should be software to download flash video just like in youtube. Try googling.

I will let you know if I get any other link

It keeps buffering. Any way to download it dude?

Ramakrishna
10th April 2008, 09:30 PM
oh ok..Thanks for ur reply Srini

sat_srini
10th April 2008, 10:46 PM
Update on Chennai concert
The Chennaiconcert is confirmed for the 20th. But it might not be a
ticketedconcert. It's a concert organized by the Times of India for the launchof
their Chennaiedition and will be meant for their vendors, distributors,
employees andadvertisers. They might give out passes to general public/ run
contests after theylaunch on the 14th.

Venue is St. George Anglo Indian School, Opp Pachaiyappa College, Poonamallee
High Road

Courtesy : Gopal, ARRYG

sat_srini
11th April 2008, 06:30 AM
[tscii:9cfea80ca7]More info about Coffee with Anu -

On Vijay TV watch the special edition of Koffee with Anu Season 2, to be aired on April 12, 21.30 , which features A.R.Rahman and Mrs. Y.G.Parthasarathy.Rahman gets nostalgic recalling his school days. Selvakumar, Rahman’s personal assistant also visits the sets.

Actor Amir Khan wishes him good luck for his KM - music conservatory. Actor S.J.Suryah, Kalyani Menon (mother of Rajiv Menon) also speak about the legend.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/04/11/stories/2008041151270400.htm[/tscii:9cfea80ca7]

sat_srini
11th April 2008, 10:49 AM
ARR's Dubai Press conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pagc-3ZIU_A

directhit
11th April 2008, 05:49 PM

கானத்தவராதீர்கள் :shock: jus now saw the ad and they are telecasting this sunday here :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

A.ANAND
12th April 2008, 12:25 PM
'Music is infinite'
VIJAY DANDIGE (Contributor)

12 April 2008

For a man who has mastered the scale and conquered the pitch, musical genius A R Rahman remains a man true to his humble roots. In an exclusive interview he talks about the future of classical music and his fight to eradicate poverty

HE HAS lost his boyish looks but none of his magic. When the world first knew of him, with his mop of curls, T-shirt and jeans, he looked like a teenage college student. But his second film 'Roja' fetched him the National Film Award in 1992, and thrust him into limelight. In the years since, A R Rahman has scaled heights that no other music composer has been able to match.

He has written music for more than 90 movies. By 2003, he had sold more than 100 million records of his film scores and soundtracks world-wide, and sold over 200 million cassettes, making him one of the world's top 25 all-time top selling recording artists. He is the only person of Indian descent to achieve this.

He also has had a string of international collaborations: with Chinese director He Ping's 'Warriors of Heaven and Earth', Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical 'Bombay Dreams', a musical version of 'The Lord of the Rings' that played in London's West End and then on Broadway, and for Shekhar Kapur's 'Elizabeth - The Golden Age', with Craig Armstrong. He is known to assimilate diverse elements in his music, from South Asian, Sufi, Irish folk, rock, reggae to even ragtime.

Despite his fames and riches, the diminutive composer who hailed from a lower middle-class family in Madras, has not forgotten his humble beginnings. He shuns any ostentatious displays of wealth or power, makes sure his musicians and collaborators get their fair share and has launched his own foundation with the aim of eradicating poverty.

The celebrated musician is in the country for his third live concert, to be held on April 18 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. Dressed as usual in jeans, a cotton shirt, a denim jacket, his hair not as curly as when he first arrived, A.R. Rahman spoke to City Times in this exclusive interview.

Tell us about the A.R. Rahman Foundation. How did it come about?

It got started with the World TB Forum partnership. They asked me to write an anthem about poverty eradication. It was around 2003. I wrote the song. When we released it I thought why not take the money that comes from it and put it in a foundation. I thought let that be a beginning for something else. Though it's not very active now, the foundation's main goal at the time was to inspire people to just think about it, to keep the thought in the corner of their hearts, for whatever they could do to change things. Right now, I don't want money from other people. I'm just putting my own money into the foundation. Very soon, though, we hope to do a lot of things by way of charities.

You are known to work in the night. Does working in the silence of the night inspire you to be more creative?

Before I started working for the movies, I used to work in the studios, from 9am to 9pm, and all my creative work used to be done after I finished working in the studios - at 10 o'clock in the night, because that was the time I was able to think about music. In due course, it became a habit. When I began doing films, I found that space and time to be very creative. But now I work at any time.

You have broken the mould quite a few times in the music scenario. How do you get your ideas?

I try to be a music lover myself. So when I hear a particular kind of song within me, I try to imagine if it's good or bad, whether it's simple enough or needs to be complicated etc. So I have to make a decision within me. If you're a music lover, you'd love to listen to it. Then I think that if I like it, people will definitely like it, at least 10 or 20 per cent or 100... whatever. On the other hand, if it bores me, I'm sure it's going to bore others. So that way I'm a very harsh judge of my own music. I've done certain songs and scrapped them even before anyone could listen to them. So that's my process of composing songs. It's like cooking. I must like my own cooking. If I don't like it, others are going to push it away, too.

What keeps you going musically?

I think in a very harsh world, music is a healer for all of us, because a lot of people act in a very hostile way. So I think it's a good enough reason. And it is a blessing from God and I keep on playing music.

You have had a number of successful international collaborations, with Andrew Lloyd Weber, with Craig Armstrong and others. Has that collaboration had an impact on your music?

Yes, definitely. I used to often do music without knowing how it was done. Maybe it was a longer process for me. But working in all these collaborations made me kind of learn to do music, background scores etc. in a faster way.

You use a lot of technology, gadgets in your music. There is a school that thinks that using gadgets leads at best to second-hand creativity. Do you agree?

No, I don't think that is right. See, the main thing about a song is the tune, the lyrics and the emotions it conveys. And there cannot be any second-hand creativity in that. If it's there, the song will get thrown out. I also discovered that using computers or technology is good for sketching something. For instance, if you have an idea that's crazy, that's out-of-the-way and you try it out in front of people, they might start laughing at you. Whereas if you sit alone, you could do that, you could experiment. And if you like it, you could then present it to the world. Otherwise you could just press the delete button. That's the advantage of technology.

You have done some spectacular non-filmy projects like 'Vande Mataram'. What prompted you to take them up?

I think films have limitations... in their thought processes, in what they aspire to etc. The needs of films are very limited. And at that particular point I wanted a change. Then I met my friend Bharatbala and he also suggested that I should do something out of films. That's how we did all the songs: 'Maa Tujhe Salaam', 'Only You' and others.

When you first came your music was fresh but over time it became repetitive. Do you agree? And how did you overcome that?

That's right. I think what happened was: that's when I started getting involved in different kinds of projects, like 'Bombay Dreams', the Chinese film etc. See, I get bored with similar kinds of projects. When there're similar types of projects, your creativity goes down, because people have done that kind of stuff and you are not challenged in any way. That's why when I do a film I want to put my full energy into it and I want to give the results that I have in mind. So I selected a different path and everything solved itself.

How has been your experience with the Mumbai film crowd?

So far they have been very kind to me. I go to Mumbai very rarely but whenever I go there, there is so much love and appreciation. I haven't had any bad or negative reception or reaction.

What do you think of composers who blatantly steal tunes of others and make music?

That's not good at all. And they don't have to. There's so much music out there. Music is infinite; it's like an ocean. I can concede that sometimes without your knowledge something could happen; you could end up copying a part or something. But if you do it intentionally, that's unacceptable.

Are you satisfied with the music scene in India?

No, I'm not satisfied, because I feel in India music should be a separate entity - an entity that commands an audience. Right now, it's relying in a big way on films. Films drive the music and, of course, vice versa. What I would love to see is a definitive musical alternative. We have classical music but the mainstream audience for it is almost negligible. So I feel there should be channels catering only Hindustani or Carnatic classical music, which is much more superior to film music.

Then how do you see the future of classical music?

Classical music will never vanish or die because it has a real soul and a solid foundation that nothing can shake. And see, many of the youngsters today are singing much better that some established singers. And their background is in classical music, which is a tradition. So, classical music will always be there.

How do you view your fame and riches?

In a way it's a blessing to get money and fame but I think it is also a test of how attached you are to it. You know, I believe hunger is a very powerful force. Only hunger can make you aspire to new things, send you on a search and push forward. When your stomach is full, you tend to become complacent. You don't feel the need to go further, to thrust forward. So, I think your mind or stomach needs to have a little hunger. Hunger drives you forward.

Don't miss this concert!

Music maestro A R Rahman is back in the country to regale music lovers - after a gap of five years. The acclaimed composer will be rendering his haunting melodies in the A.R. Rahman - Live in Concert on April 18 at the Sharjah International Cricket Stadium.

'When I have new numbers to show to people, I feel good to come for concerts,' Rahman declared at a press conference at the Grand Hyatt, which was organised by Oasis Promotions.

'Last year Jodhaa Akbar happened, and before that Sivaji, Guru, Rang De Basanti and other movies. So I feel this concert will be different from my previous ones.'

Rahman revealed that some of the best musical talent of India would join in the concert, names like Hariharan, Chitra, Sadhana Sargam, Karthik, Blaaze, Madhusree, Neeti Mohan, Naresh Iyer, Mohd Aslam, Javed Ali, Benny Dayal and Aslam Khan, And of course, renowned percussionist, Sivamani.

This concert, for sure, will be bigger than the previous ones. The organisers have built a huge 80 feet wide and 50 feet deep stage, with three levels. There will be a massive backdrop of 80 sqm of Lighthouse LED and 16 panels to create different visual scenarios for different musical sets. Rahman said the entire show will last three to four hours. He said, 'We want to give people more numbers.'

When asked whether he would play any numbers from his forthcoming films, Rahman smiled, 'Let's see... let's see... we might do something.'

The concert starts at 7 pm and gates would be opened at 5 pm.

EVENT DETAILS

WHAT: A.R. Rahman - Live in Concert

WHEN: April 18, gates open 5pm, concert starts 7pm

WHERE: Sharjah International Cricket Stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramakrishna
12th April 2008, 09:22 PM

கானத்தவராதீர்கள்

oooooo :redjump:

ARRs doing a lot more interviews these days. Gives us more of an insight into the man behind the music!

Someone please record and upload this interview! :D

Miss pannaama paarungappov

Ramakrishna
12th April 2008, 10:58 PM
http://images.indiaglitz.com/playerV2/launchredirect.asp?vid=32162&category=5017

Thalaivar's indiaglitz interview 8-)

thineshan54321
12th April 2008, 11:46 PM
http://images.indiaglitz.com/playerV2/launchredirect.asp?vid=32162&category=5017

Thalaivar's indiaglitz interview 8-)

wow ARR is all over tamil channels. reminds me of old times. this is the perfect time for sakarakatti. release it producer. :twisted:

thineshan54321
13th April 2008, 12:05 AM
i didnt like the questions at all. the same old questions. we already know the answers. questions like how do u find the time to introduce new singers. thats so stupid. hopefully the next part does justice. wanna hear about sakarakatti and new releases.

Ramakrishna
13th April 2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8b3d823b30e2d604b187&page=1&viewtype=&category=

ARR on Coffee with Anu 8-)

sat_srini
13th April 2008, 11:12 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Continue your good work, thalaivaa. Proud to be your fan.

directhit
14th April 2008, 07:17 AM
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8b3d823b30e2d604b187&page=1&viewtype=&category=

ARR on Coffee with Anu 8-) i somehow didnt like this one so much :oops: anu was not able to bring a lively show - also the MD (his assistant) was a wrong choice for the show - someone else wud have been better. that guy looked so scared/respectful in front of ARR :P ARR was cool 8-)

littlemaster1982
14th April 2008, 08:50 AM
Even I was bit disappointed with show :( But seeing ARR so casual was 8-)

Ramakrishna
14th April 2008, 11:10 AM

ARR on Coffee with Anu 8-) i somehow didnt like this one so much :oops: anu was not able to bring a lively show - also the MD (his assistant) was a wrong choice for the show - someone else wud have been better. that guy looked so scared/respectful in front of ARR :P ARR was cool 8-)

KMC pathi rombo pesittaangannu ninaikkaren.

Also SJSurya-va rombo pesa vechittaanga :oops:

A.ANAND
14th April 2008, 11:20 AM
perusa ethir parthen,'chappunnu pochi' :( ( o.klah :) thanks to mr.ramakrishna sir!

Ramakrishna
14th April 2008, 12:59 PM
second page of times of india...
there will be a line saying tear this part...
that part contains all those addresses where u can exchange the coupon with free entry passes...
all times space outlets..
cameras not allowed..
mobiles must swith off b4 enterin...
and one more importan thing..
this pass is avail for only one entry for the standing gallery..
gates are open frm 6 pm on th day of show..
st.george's grounds, opp. to pachaiyappas college, amanjikarai, chennai..

and for gettin the passes, u just buy a times of india newspaper today cost just Rs.2!!!
they r askin e mail id, address, and mobile no: of every individual coupon...
so don miss it...its only upto 6 pm today..

source:Orkut

directhit
14th April 2008, 01:17 PM
che - singapore la oru concert vaingappa :oops: :oops:

this is the ad in TOI - http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9956/ad0020059tp1.png

directhit
15th April 2008, 07:43 AM
http://tinyurl.com/4x4g62

Yathu
15th April 2008, 07:50 PM
'Changing Notes' concert TV ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-KBOGftPQ

directhit
21st April 2008, 02:36 PM
yaarume chennai concert pogalayaaa :roll:

MADDY
21st April 2008, 07:03 PM
yaarume chennai concert pogalayaaa :roll:

me,ramakrishna,ajaybaskar,selvakumar were present at the concert...... :D .......too tired to post on it :oops: , ram would do the needful i guess 8-)

Yathu
21st April 2008, 11:25 PM
[tscii:7f27d81d16]Furor in A R Rahman’s program

April 21, 2008

Times of India, the prestigious newspaper of India, was launched in Chennai from the 14thn of April. They have arranged an evening of musical melody with Isai Puyal A R Rahman at St. George school grounds near Pachaippa’s college last evening. Free tickets have been issued to people who have subscribed to the newspaper besides counter sales at the venue. Rahman being a popular musician has attracted huge crowds which thronged the venue resulting in a big commotion at the venue. Finally police officials had to resort to lathi charge to bring the situation under control after which the event had concluded peacefully.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-08-04/ar-rahman-21-04-08.html

[/tscii:7f27d81d16]

A.ANAND
22nd April 2008, 06:56 AM
seekiram yaaravathu concert patti review pannunga sir!padikka romba avala irukkom :D :bluejump:

A.ANAND
22nd April 2008, 07:05 AM
அதிர வைக்கும் இசை, ஆர்ப்பாட்டமில்லாத உதவி
- ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இளகிய மனசு
உலகை அதிர வைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது ரஹ்மானின் இசை. ஆனால் அவர் செய்கிற உதவிகள் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் இல்லாதது. இடது கை கொடுப்பது வலது கைக்கு தெரியக்கூடாது என்கிற மாதிரி அமைதியாக அள்ளிக் கொடுத்து வருகிறார் பலருக்கும். சமீபத்தில் கூட திரை இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் சங்கத்தை சேர்ந்த நலிவுற்ற 100 கலைஞர்களை அழைத்து அவர்கள் அனைவருக்கும் தனித்தனியாக 25,000 வழங்கியிருக்கிறார் ரஹ்மான். இந்த சங்கத்தின் பெயரில் செக் கொடுத்தால், அது சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்களை சென்று சேர சில நாட்கள் ஆகும் என்பதால், சம்பந்தப்பட்ட கலைஞர்களையே நேரடியாக அழைத்து அவர்கள் பெயரில் செக் கொடுத்தாராம் இசைப்புயல்.

அவர் நினைத்திருந்தால், இதற்கு பெரிய விழா எடுத்து அனைவர் முன்னிலையிலும் கொடுத்து பெருமைப் பட்டிருக்கலாம். ஆனால், அதையெல்லாம் விரும்பாதவர் அவர் என்கிறார்கள் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட சங்கத்தை சேர்ந்த முக்கியஸ்தர்கள்.

ரஹ்மானின் நல்ல மனம் வாழ்க!
source:www.tamilcinema.com

:omg:

directhit
22nd April 2008, 07:21 AM
http://tinyurl.com/5v5oo7 A Glimpse of the concert from TOI 8-)

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2008, 08:48 AM
Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Chennai/Grand_finale_to_TOI_concert/articleshow/2966968.cms)

Grand finale to TOI concert

CHENNAI: The Times of India Changing Notes concert saw a blend of the old and new. Nithyashree sang 'Kannodu Kanbathellam' while Sivamani was on the drums and a musician on a nadaswaram accompanied Nithyashree who performed seated on the floor in Carnatic style. In the final moments, Rahman brought the crowd cheering and surging forward with 'Humma Humma'.

The finale saw the composer closing with a soulful 'Vande Mataram'. With the grounds packed to capacity and thousands waiting outside the gates hoping that they would get a chance to sneak in, Rahman even apologised to "the 20,000 people who couldn't watch my show...I promise I will have a show again and everyone who wants to watch will find a place." The show's sponsors were TVS, Olympia, United India and SAE College.

Wowww!!! I won't miss this time. Thalaivar rocks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2008, 08:50 AM
http://tinyurl.com/5v5oo7 A Glimpse of the concert from TOI 8-)

This one must be much bigger than the previous concert. Miss pannitteene :cry2:

A.ANAND
22nd April 2008, 11:35 AM
ayyo ennala mudiyile sir!naan angga ellama poitane :cry3: ennga oorukku eppaya varuve :lol:

SoftSword
22nd April 2008, 11:37 AM
master, if you have planned for this concert then i would also have joined you...
i knew about this concert in chennai only on the day...
i curse myself for not being aware of...

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2008, 03:17 PM
SS,

Naanum concert-kku pogalai :( Neenga ennai kekkaringale :roll:

Ramakrishna
22nd April 2008, 03:58 PM
The concert was awesome...90% tamil songs. He started off with Ellaapugazhum.
The best part of the concert was ARR singing kwaaja mere kwaaja with Rahman himself playing the Harmonium instrument.
My only grouse was that we had to stand throughout the concert which made us too tired.

SoftSword
22nd April 2008, 04:02 PM
RK dhrogi.... :evil:

Ramakrishna
22nd April 2008, 04:06 PM

:oops: Sorry Softy :cry2:

SoftSword
22nd April 2008, 04:11 PM

figure matterla dhaan kalatti vittutta...
idhulayumaa...

Ramakrishna
22nd April 2008, 04:16 PM

figure matterla dhaan kalatti vittutta...
idhulayumaa...

:noteeth:

thineshan54321
22nd April 2008, 07:39 PM
i am very angry at ARR or whoever that is responsible for making the choice of moving out of dasavatharam. damn i just wished ARR did the songs/bgm for this movie. i just saw the CD cover (songs not released yet) but the setting looks amazing. i think the story spans centuries we couldve really got a lot of variety from ARR like in iruvar but only better.

Ramakrishna
22nd April 2008, 07:45 PM
Even i too wished the same.. However let us see what happens to marmayogi.

thineshan54321
23rd April 2008, 06:50 AM
wow just watched dasavatharam trailer. wow! arr shouldve definitely chosen this. i am gonna be missing him throughout this movie. ARR backing up the 10 diff characters would have truly been a dynamic exp. a huge loss! arr had dates too, a year went by since sivaji, if i am correct i think that was one of the reasons why ARR backed out. sorry rajni fans, but the trailer looks def more promising than sivaji (but then again its a trailer, the movie might be worse or better cant tell).

in one scnee i saw a palace with kings and kamal with a kumbi and in other i saw helis in NYC. this is the kinda movie where u need a truly versatile MD.

directhit
23rd April 2008, 06:57 AM
i strongly feeel so - exactly wht i've been thinking from sterday night :oops: mm, hope MY materialises and we see two legends come together :D

MADDY
23rd April 2008, 10:38 AM
wow just watched dasavatharam trailer. wow! arr shouldve definitely chosen this. i am gonna be missing him throughout this movie. ARR backing up the 10 diff characters would have truly been a dynamic exp. a huge loss! arr had dates too, a year went by since sivaji, if i am correct i think that was one of the reasons why ARR backed out. sorry rajni fans, but the trailer looks def more promising than sivaji (but then again its a trailer, the movie might be worse or better cant tell).

in one scnee i saw a palace with kings and kamal with a kumbi and in other i saw helis in NYC. this is the kinda movie where u need a truly versatile MD.

nah, i think its more of 10A's loss than ARR's loss...........ARR has already worked in such grand projects like elizabeth, WOHE, LOTR (musical) :huh:

surely, MY needs to materialise :D

SoftSword
23rd April 2008, 12:37 PM
sari adha vidunga...
any news about sakkarakatti...?

SoftSword
23rd April 2008, 01:06 PM

ARR on Coffee with Anu 8-)

this one is not working for me...
someone please give me someother link to watch this... coffee with anu pgm...

sha
23rd April 2008, 02:15 PM
few pics from last weeks concert in UAE..

http://www.gulfnews.com/gngalleries/galleries/10206876.html

http://www.mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=75272

SoftSword
23rd April 2008, 04:06 PM
guys watch this....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmIEyI5PbVk&feature=related

SoftSword
23rd April 2008, 04:08 PM
does anyone have the khwaja song live performance...?

sat_srini
23rd April 2008, 07:19 PM
Nakheeran Article on ARR 's service to Fellow Musicians

Nakheeran Issue Dated April 23, 2008

Saregama Padha nee - Sattamilladha Udhavi ( A help rendered without publicity)

A.R. Rahman has done a service without making any publicity. Film cirlces are buzzing about this help done by Rahman. There is a society formed amongst the Tamil Film Cinema circle. It is a very old society. When it was started, all musicians from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, andhra were members of it. At one stage, it got disintegrated, and people from other states other than Tamilnadu got seperated. And so, only musicians from Tamil Nadu stayed in the end.

There were people who had Music Knowledge and experience, but as people became old, the society couldnt function as before, and slowly stopped functioning. All the musicians also became debt ridden.

Amongst those musicians, 100 people above 50 years were selected, Rahman had given them Rs 25,000 each. By doing this, Rahman has not only supported the musicians, but also music. When asked some musicians, they replied , " Without His permission, we cannot give a public interview on this, which would be like tarnshing the service done by Rahman". Thus saying they stopped giving the interview.

When contaced the Chennai Light Musicians Leader Raghuraj chakravarthy, he said , " Senior Musicians, that too people who have dedicated themselves for music have been suffering in life. Knowing this, and being unable to bear this pain, He has supported them, which is a very proud effort. We could have arranged a very big function for this. But, if we would have done like that, the very purpose of he doing this would not have been served. He has done this without any propaganda which is a very big deed".

" Rahman felt very bad, when he heard about about these musicians, who have been hit badly in their lives. He wanted to help them in some way or the other. So, he decided to initially assist 100 people, ( people who are old enough), and thus putting faith on his close associate he dediced the list of people to be helped. He drew a cheque of Rs 25,000 /- on each and every person out of that 100 list. He called the people concerned and distributed to them. He had done this so that the monies will reach the right people, at the right time, with the right amount. He had clearly told them, not to publicise this, and had even requested about this.

Thanks to Vithur (ARRYG)

A.ANAND
23rd April 2008, 07:24 PM
Saregama Padha nee - Sattamilladha Udhavi ( A help rendered without publicity)

A.R. Rahman has done a service without making any publicity. Film cirlces are buzzing about this help done by Rahman. There is a society formed amongst the Tamil Film Cinema circle. It is a very old society. When it was started, all musicians from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, andhra were members of it. At one stage, it got disintegrated, and people from other states other than Tamilnadu got seperated. And so, only musicians from Tamil Nadu stayed in the end.

There were people who had Music Knowledge and experience, but as people became old, the society couldnt function as before, and slowly stopped functioning. All the musicians also became debt ridden.

Amongst those musicians, 100 people above 50 years were selected, Rahman had given them Rs 25,000 each. By doing this, Rahman has not only supported the musicians, but also music. When asked some musicians, they replied , " Without His permission, we cannot give a public interview on this, which would be like tarnshing the service done by Rahman". Thus saying they stopped giving the interview.

When contaced the Chennai Light Musicians Leader Raghuraj chakravarthy, he said , " Senior Musicians, that too people who have dedicated themselves for music have been suffering in life. Knowing this, and being unable to bear this pain, He has supported them, which is a very proud effort. We could have arranged a very big function for this. But, if we would have done like that, the very purpose of he doing this would not have been served. He has done this without any propaganda which is a very big deed".

" Rahman felt very bad, when he heard about about these musicians, who have been hit badly in their lives. He wanted to help them in some way or the other. So, he decided to initially assist 100 people, ( people who are old enough), and thus putting faith on his close associate he dediced the list of people to be helped. He drew a cheque of Rs 25,000 /- on each and every person out of that 100 list. He called the people concerned and distributed to them. He had done this so that the monies will reach the right people, at the right time, with the right amount. He had clearly told them, not to publicise this, and had even requested about this.

Ramakrishna
24th April 2008, 08:21 PM
Kalaipuli Dhanu addresses ARR as " Isaye"

When Director Krishna started narrating the story of Jillenu Oru Kaadhal, he was desiorus of having A.R. Rahman for the Music of the film. Rahman has already done the music for the two films that I have already produced. viz. Kizhakku Cheemayile, Kandukondein Kandukondein. So, when Dir Krishna asked me , I contacted Rahman by phone. Rahman himself picked up the phone. I used to address him as Music always. So I asked," Music. Where are you?". He replied, "I am in the studio". I am coming for taking your Darshan. So I took Krishna, and went to Panchathan studio, adjoining Rahman's residence.

At that time, there were some people, waiting to see Rahman , and who had come from Kumbakonam ( after the fire tragedy.. in which several children died ). I went inside and told ," Music!. I have heard a wonderful story. You should do the music. The Director has also come with me. Are you willing to hear the story?". Rahman took a pause and told, " Shall I listen to it next week ?".

I didnt leave him. I told ," You will tell like this, and then you would become busy. Listen to the story now itself". Rahman saw me, and couldnt refuse after realising me taking so much advantage with him. Then, I opened the door, and called Krishna inside. I introduced Krishna to Rahman. He has been working with Gautham menon. I have seen his work in Telugu remake of Kakka Kakka, and now he has come with a story.Rahman asked Krishna, if he would narrate the story within 45 minutes. Before Krishna could reply, I replied that he would. So, he sought permission to give an interview to the people waiting outside, before hearing the story.

After ten minutes Rahman returned, and started hearing the story from krishna. The story was discussed for 2 hrs, which was initially thought to be discussed only for 45 minutes. At the end , Rahman told, he will surely do the film, and also like a new film.

The composing for the songs were carried out in Chennai and Mumbai. I wanted to take a floor for rent in Vahini Studios, and take stills of Rahman having some instruments in hand. So, I kept instruments like Trumpet in the background, and took snaps of Rahman similar to Hollywood style. I also took snaps of Rahman having guitar beneath a tree. The photographer 's name was venkatraman.

Its very unique to have qualities of patience, humility, talent at a young age. Thus having money, fame, Rahman never had pride or ego, and this was very unique abt Rahman. At times, when we are not able to deliver money as per our promise, Rahman never used to worry or bother about it. He would never compose music for money's sake. For the one, who has opened new vistas of Music, there would never be something called a Failure.

http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/firstpage.aspx# ( Page No. 15 )

( Yesterday 's issue - April 23, 2008)

littlemaster1982
25th April 2008, 01:05 AM
[tscii:1bea765b27]
Rebel with a cause
BY RAJEEV NAIR (COVER STORY)
18 April 2008

Gentleness is the word one associates with A.R. Rahman, the Indian musical genius, who enjoys international fame through his musicals and contribution to Hollywood films. But when it comes to music, there is a rebel in him - one who will go against the establishment, defy conventions and be true to himself.

FOUR YEARS ago, on a misty, star-lit January night, it rained in Dubai. A. R. Rahman, the musical wizard described as the John Williams of the Indian film industry, was on stage at Al Ahli Stadium… singing, eyes closed, in the sublime ecstasy of bonding with melody, of binding with the Spiritual One…

It was a drizzle, yes, but then, what an evening it was!

Transcending genres, switching languages, bringing in electrifying rhythms and captivating melody, the young musician proved to a multicultural audience that music is a vast, frontier-less One-ness.

Four years later, as A. R. Rahman and his team ready for another Dubai concert today at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, the 42-year-old has traveled much further — musically and spiritually.

He is the only Indian in the list of one of the world’s top 25 all-time top selling recording artists; the OST for his debut movie Roja was listed in Time magazines ‘Top 10 Movie Soundtracks of All Time;’ he co-composed with Craig Armstrong for the Cate Blanchett-starrer, Elizabeth: The Golden Age; he worked with Finnish band Varttina to compose music for the stage version of The Lords of the Rings; he set the score for the Chinese period action film, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, and Spike Lee picked one of Rahman’s soundtracks for Inside Man.

Rahman was only building further on the international acclaim for his first stage composition for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Bombay Dreams and a piece for Vanessa Mae’s album Choreography.

Spiritually, the journey was further inward.

He meditates — to gain a fresher perspective for his own music — and he has instituted the KM Music Conservatory in Chennai, India, which will not only strive to be a repository for world music but also be the training ground for Indian musicians where they can “invest in melody and harmony so they do not go against their conscience.”

He cut the album, Pray for me Brother, as an anthem for the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of eradicating poverty; and was appointed as Global Ambassador of the Stop TB Partnership, a project of World Health Organisation.

Rahman comes to the Sharjah concert with a new repertoire — one that has defined the evolution of his musical genius and enthralled millions of hearts through OSTs for Indian films such as Rang De Basanti, Guru, Jodha Akbar and Shivaji: The Boss.

Rahman, just as he was four years back, continues to be the man at peace with himself. There is a polite firmness to Rahman that puts you at a distance yet doesn’t ruffle you.

He smiles often, and is self-assured but modest. He appears to pick and choose his words. This is a man who might as well let his music do the talking.

But Rahman is also the person who talks when he must. He puts his foot down, where he should. Actor Shah Rukh Khan would know. Rahman backed out of the Indian superstar’s film Om Shanti Om because the producers would not agree on the music publishing rights.

Rahman stood his ground. He can afford to give a miss to Shah Rukh Khan but Rahman will not easily let go the publishing rights to his music. After all, he sees the flip side every day — in a plagiarism-ridden Indian film music industry, the work of musicians being trampled upon for easy money. Rahman’s integrity, indeed, is his biggest wealth.

For a man, who rushes to wrap up press conferences, 15 minutes of interview talk-time is a lot. Excerpts from the exclusive chat with Weekend magazine.

Do you revisit your songs and the films you compose for?

No, I finish them and go to the next one. You work so much and so long that you need a relief from it.

Which was the last film you watched?

Once (the Academy Award winning Irish musical, which also fetched the Independent Spirit Award for best foreign film)

Is it easy to cut off from your works?

I give it to the people; it is like giving your daughter in marriage.

It is said there is music in you in every waking minute. What is the music in you now, today?

When I am making music, there is a lot of music in me. Then I come out of it. I stay away from music though it is difficult. What happens is that when you meditate, you go to that stage – like a Samadhi (a high level of concentrated meditation) – It helps me to rejuvenate.

Do you meditate every day?

I try to.

How long do you meditate?

I follow what my Sufi master taught me. It helps me to go back to music with a fresher perspective. Otherwise, when you are constantly on to one thing, you do not realise the worth or flaws of it. It needs a fresher state of mind to see everything and judge it better.

Is this why your songs lately have a strong Sufi influence?

I don’t know whether it is so. There has been only one song with a Sufi influence – in Jodha Akbar.

In Guru too, there is a touch of Oriental. There is Maiya Maiya, the words that you picked up from Saudi Arabia on your pilgrimage…

Sounds fascinate me.

So when you are in a new place, do you pick up the music of the place… perhaps subconsciously?

I love to see what is happening in each new place. I was pretty surprised when I went to Jeddah and Beirut, how they make a difference to Arabic music. Arabic music has evolved in a nice way with quality in production yet maintaining that traditional touch.

Do you deliberately try to bring in new elements to your songs? Or is the choice largely dictated by the film’s director?

It is mostly by the director. But if there is something good, I ask them to listen to it. If they embrace it, I use it. If not, I keep it for myself.

The Lord of the Rings theatre production, Warriors of Heaven & Earth, Hollywood movies…. You are truly going international. Is this something you aspired for? What does it mean to you to be internationally recognised?

When I make music, say, for a Tamil film, it is as respectful to me as working for a Hollywood production. I don’t think I am doing a Tamil film, so let me do a shoddy job. I give my fullest to it.

It is the team I work with that makes a difference – the concept and visualisation. I treat everyone equally – whether it is an American or Indian audience – which is one of the reasons why it (the music) kind of transcends audiences.

Having worked with several Western orchestras, what is one similarity or difference you have experienced compared to working with their Indian counterparts?

In India, I work with known musicians. I just have to give a start; they will end it for me, taking the music further. In the West, I have to write everything – I can’t write it in my mind and pull it off. There is a full process of orchestration.

Is it more challenging?

It is not the challenge. There are several more steps towards it (the execution). In India, I wake up in the afternoon and I can have my orchestra ready. In the West, I need to book three months in advance.

Do you agree to the observation that Indian musicians are less dedicated than musicians in the West?

I don’t agree to a generalisation on dedicated and non-dedicated. Those who are dedicated are dedicated in a very different way; they are unique. The infrastructure in the West is built in such a way that it is more organised there. In India, there is a lack of unity and we have suffered a bit because of that. Now, hopefully things will be better.

Is your KM Music Conservatory a step towards that?

Definitely. We needed that one step of organising and help to have the infrastructure where our musicians can play any kind of music. It is one step ahead for them to go to the international arena.

Do you plan to bring Western sounds and music to India through the Conservatory?

It is vice versa. I also want our musicians to attain more perfection and passion for music, and gain more jobs.

The KM Music Conservatory trains in all Indian musical instruments. Considering that you have been accused of bringing in an overt dependence on technology, is this sort of repentance?

(Smiles)… Not repentance – it is a way of life. We came up the hard way. When our musicians are provided more education, they can see more music. People have only accused – they never thought of educating people in the right way. Only the rich could go to Europe or America for studying music…

So you are paying back to the society…?

(Smiles)… I have my selfish reasons.

What is that?

I will be writing for my own orchestra in five years or three years or ten years. The seed had to be sown; this had to be done.

How do you respond to the allegation on your dependence on technology?

I don’t think it is an allegation; it arises sometimes from ignorance or sometimes from a lack of understanding of what they say. Technology is progress. If I make good music with the technology, it is progress. There is good and bad in everything; you have to filter it. In every area there is mediocrity; technology is not a shortcut to creativity.

Is mediocrity what irritates you the most?

Definitely… it irritates all of us. That is the reason behind KM Music Conservatory. Once people invest in melody and harmony, they will never go against their conscience; they will take the music further.

You have once said that the Indian music industry lacks a powerful male voice. Do you still hold to that?

Well, there was a time when people used to love this tenor kind of voice. The last person in that league is Yesudas and… probably Jagjit Singh.

But you hardly use these singers… You are more known for bringing in newcomers…

I do only experimental stuff, never mainstream stuff. I am a rebel in my own way. I want to do things that excite me and take me to another spectrum of music that is not explored.

That makes you a rebel with a cause. What is your cause?

(Smiles)… My cause is to give people something interesting to sing. I want to make music that is interesting to listen to…

But a lot of people make interesting music. Is music something on a higher plane — even spiritual — for you?

Yes, without any blessings I will be nothing. (With the music) I am making peace out of chaos.

How personal then was the song Pray for me Brother?

That song did haunt me because ‘Pray for me’ is the only thing that we tell to people – to our friends. We say, ‘I am suffering. Pray for me.’ It is not about money, it is about wishing someone good.

You did it for UN as a campaign against poverty. Do you think music can really make a difference to such causes?

People have noticed the song; in the corner of their heart, a seed has been laid. They might think twice before spending money unnecessarily. I wanted the song to be an inspiration not a solution. In that respect, the song has made a difference.

Do you ever go back to your pre-Roja days, when you were struggling?

I don’t.

Because you don’t have to…?

Not because of that. I think of the future. In the past if there is something bad, thinking about it brings back the venom and bad memories. That is what is happening to the country… to the whole world. It is pointless to think about the past. I remember the good things and I am grateful for that. The bad things, I forget.

Have you ever felt handicapped that you aren’t too well-versed in Carnatic or Hindustani music?

I don’t think so. If I were fully into one (stream of) music, I couldn’t have embraced the other kinds. This way I can explore different musical landscapes, and since my understanding is from a very different point of view, I can get away with it.

You bring in so many new talents. You pick people like Naresh Iyer and make them stars. What do you see in a new singer that makes you feel this is potential star material?

I can never make a person a star. They have it in them. I try them out and if they have it in them, the brilliance just comes out.

Who must be credited for a successful song – the composer or the singer?

All of us are instruments. We just do what we have to do. God is the one in control.

Isn’t that very fatalistic a statement?

I believe that things are put together. I believe in good things and that things come together. You can’t dictate anything.

What is one song you will want to be remembered by?

I don’t know. Each person has a different favourite. I respect them and let them decide.

And with it Rahman moves on…

Recent interview of A.R.Rahman (http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/weekend/2008/April/weekend_April60.xml&section=weekend&col)[/tscii:1bea765b27]

thineshan54321
25th April 2008, 01:54 AM
i had high hopes for dasavatharam. from the sample songs, totally dissapointed. IR shouldve done it if ARR couldnt.

thineshan54321
25th April 2008, 10:13 AM
wow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLKLLKJowY&feature=related

after watching this, wow, i am out of words.
i wish rahman uses kunakudi vaidyanathan for some of his recordings. it will be amazing. kunakudi vaidhyanathan respects ARR a lot. i have heard that he plays many other ARR songs (and IR too). i have also heard enakoru girlfriend from boys being played by him (thats when i noticed the carnatic melody in that song).

Ramakrishna
25th April 2008, 07:06 PM
Kalaipuli Dhanu on ARR - Sakkarakatti news

After the producers decided abt producing the film, Kala Prabhu ( son of Danu ) decided if they could ask Rahman for scoring the music. So I decided to approach ARR. I met him and said, " Isaye ( Music), Listen to the story. If you like it, do the music. Dont accept it because my son is directing it.". The next day, Rahman listened to the story, and said, " Wonderful Story. Give me six months. I will compose the music myself and give. But when he came for the Puja, due to some influence in his mind, he started composing within 3 months time. It was decided that there would be 4 songs for the film. Kalaprabhu picturised the song that was given by Rahman, and Rahman did additional two songs after seeing the same.

When Maniratnam was associated with Illayaraja, and when Rahman was working with Illayaraja at that time, and when some directors used to approach, he used to play those songs of Mani and exclaim , how well these have been picturised. After seeing the songs of Sakkarakatti, Rahman is calling his friends, his team of people, and showing them how well the songs are picturised. Rahman has popularised the songs, even before it has hit the screens.

( Daily Thanthi today issue - April 25, 2008 )

vibinrajmani
25th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Kalaipuli Dhanu on ARR - Sakkarakatti news

After the producers decided abt producing the film, Kala Prabhu ( son of Danu ) decided if they could ask Rahman for scoring the music. So I decided to approach ARR. I met him and said, " Isaye ( Music), Listen to the story. If you like it, do the music. Dont accept it because my son is directing it.". The next day, Rahman listened to the story, and said, " Wonderful Story. Give me six months. I will compose the music myself and give. But when he came for the Puja, due to some influence in his mind, he started composing within 3 months time. It was decided that there would be 4 songs for the film. Kalaprabhu picturised the song that was given by Rahman, and Rahman did additional two songs after seeing the same.

When Maniratnam was associated with Illayaraja, and when Rahman was working with Illayaraja at that time, and when some directors used to approach, he used to play those songs of Mani and exclaim , how well these have been picturised. After seeing the songs of Sakkarakatti, Rahman is calling his friends, his team of people, and showing them how well the songs are picturised. Rahman has popularised the songs, even before it has hit the screens.

( Daily Thanthi today issue - April 25, 2008 )

any news on release date?? :roll:

Ramakrishna
25th April 2008, 08:24 PM
NO :sad:

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 06:16 AM
hey guys how many of u feel that there isnt enough guitar in Rahman's tracks. guitars as in rock bandish, deep powerful guitar. i think the last time was in mustafa?

A.ANAND
28th April 2008, 06:43 AM
[tscii:9a4e81583f]Winners of the Zee Cine Awards 2008

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 27, 2008 - 11:29 IST

Best Film
Chak De! India - Aditya Chopra, Yash Raj Films

Best Director
Aamir Khan - Taare Zameen Par

Best Actor (Male)
Shah Rukh Khan - Chak De! India

Best Actor (Female)
Kareena Kapoor - Jab We Met

Most Popular Track Of The Year
Mauja Hi Mauja - Jab We Met

Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male)
Govinda - Partner

Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female)
Shilpa Shetty - Life In A.. Metro

Best Actor In A Comic Role (Male/Female)
Vinay Pathak - Bheja Fry

Best Actor In A Negative Role (Male/Female)
Arjun Rampal - Om Shanti Om

Best Playback Singer (Male)
Shaan - Jab Se Tere Naina (Saawariya)

Best Playback Singer (Female)
Shreya Ghosal - Barso Re Megha (Guru)

Best Lyrics
Prasoon Joshi - Maa (Taare Zameen Par)

Best Music
A R Rahman - Guru

Most Promising Debut Director
Aamir Khan - Taare Zameen Par

Most Promising Debut (Male)
Ranbir Kapoor - Saawariya

Most Promising Debut (Female)
Deepika Padukone - Om Shanti Om

Most Promising Debut (Child Artiste)
Darsheel Safary - Taare Zameen Par

Technical Awards
Best Choreographer - Farah Khan - Om Shanti Om
Best Costume – Manish Malhotra & Karan Johar - Om Shanti Om
Best Visual Effects - Red Chilli's Entertainment - Om Shanti Om
Best Editing – Amitabh Shukla - Chak de India
Best Cinematography - Sandip Chaterjee- Chak de India
Best Action - Parvez Khan - Jhonny Gaddar
Best Film Processing - ADLABS - Namastey London
Best Art Direction - Nitin Desai - Gandhi my Father
Best Sound recording – Baylon Ponseca - Shootout at lokhandwala
Best Background Music - AR Rahman - Guru
Best Screenplay - Imtiyaz Ali - Jab We Met
Best Dialogue - Jaideep Sahani - Chak De India
Best Story - Amol Gupte - Taare Zammen Par
Zee Icon award – Shah Rukh Khan
Zee Cinema Entertainer of the year – Ritesh Deshmukh
Lifetime Achievement – Zeenat Amaan
Lifetime Achievement – Feroz Khan
British Indian Actor Award – Katrina Kaif
Bollywod Queen Award - Gauri Khan

Critics Awards
Best Film – Gandhi My Father
Best Actress – Shifali Shah – Gandhi my Father
Best Actor – Darsheel Safary – Taare Zameen Par
Critics Special Awards - Neil Nitin Mukesh
CONGRATS TO OUR THALA :2thumbsup: :clap: :cool2: [/tscii:9a4e81583f]

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 06:57 AM
wow guru has garnered so many awards. wow.

Ramakrishna
28th April 2008, 06:55 PM
Ellaappugazhum video...Changing Notes...Chennai...

click on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcK_TYq7uDU

SoftSword
28th April 2008, 07:00 PM
Ellaappugazhum video...Changing Notes...Chennai...

click on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcK_TYq7uDU

as expected, ARR is not singing the vijay praising lines in the song...
:)

Ramakrishna
28th April 2008, 07:53 PM
download rahman's interview in radio city
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1wmpjm3now
http://www.mediafire.com/?2s1zbyugwzx
http://www.mediafire.com/?1m42demdynx
http://www.mediafire.com/?wd1gwkgz10h
http://www.mediafire.com/?jrhglyamxd5
http://www.mediafire.com/?bgym1ud3lek
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2xheybyzuh
http://www.mediafire.com/?j1hpwo2neu2
http://www.mediafire.com/?x3hdt1fmcve

sat_srini
29th April 2008, 05:27 AM
ARR interview on hindustan times -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/2449815523/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/2449815545/sizes/o/

thineshan54321
29th April 2008, 06:22 AM
the last question: What would you like to give your children that you didnt have in ur childhood?
arr: I would like to give them a father because I didnt have one when I was a child.

(Brought tears to my eyes, what a way to put it!)

sat_srini
29th April 2008, 07:38 PM
ARR on NDTV -

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videopod/default.aspx?id=27872

A.ANAND
4th May 2008, 07:58 PM
ARR wins the best Music Award for Sivaji in State Vijay Awards in Chennai. There has been a function going on at present in Nehru Stadium in Chennai. he was conferred this award by notable Director K. Balachander.

On receiving the award, he said, " ella Pughazum Iraivan iraivaneke".

Courtesy :- Rakesh ( Live from Nehru Stadium , Chennai )
source:arrfansYG

A.ANAND
4th May 2008, 08:02 PM
[tscii:8f2b65efbe]Portrait of an artiste as a shy man

A.R. Rahman has composed the music for Adaa, which is nearing release. He tells S. Ramachandran that some of the songs have an Italian feel

Allah Rakha Rahman is a nice man to know. Other musicians may like to strut their stuff, but Rahman — who arguably changed the tone of modern Hindi film music when he arrived with a bang in Bollywood more than 15 years ago — is curiously awkward about his new venture, which is being billed as a musical journey. You can tell that he is upbeat, but Rahman is still not one to wax eloquent about his music. On the contrary, he sounds almost tongue tied when he talks about the new film.

Rahman has composed the music for Adaa, directed by Tanvir Ahmed. The film’s been long delayed but is nearing release. And Rahman has ensured that the tracks for Big Music — a global music company — are nothing short of chart-buster material.

“Work on the music actually began in 2001. We did a couple of songs but the film was delayed. It was completed recently. The film has as many as 10 tracks and I have attempted some new things in this film’s music,” he says enthusiastically.

A little probing reveals that the “new things” are what the director describes as the Italian feel that some of the songs sport. This is also the first time the music director has allowed his name to be appended to a film album’s title. The music album of Adaa is called A Musical Journey By A.R. Rahman. “Well, Tanvir wanted the film to have a musical feel, not just by way of dance and music but also a musical connection,” he says.

This is the first time that Rahman is working not only with Tanvir Ahmed but also with Big Music. And the experience seems to have been a good one. “Big Music first heard my songs and the executives there understood how they would sound later after the completion of the film. I took an extra three months for this album and you will like the result,” the composer-singer says. The tracks have been penned by Nusrat Badar, and they feature Rahman’s favourite singers, Sonu Nigam and Sukhwinder. Among the other singers is a French crooner.

“There are all kinds of songs in the 10 tracks. There is one track with mass appeal, another is a soft rock kind of song, one is with trance music and some have nice ballet music,” he says. And there are a few songs, he adds, that are “not exactly Sufi music, but have that feel.”

The Italian and French connection, he explains, seeks to add exotica to the album. The range and versatility of the songs, Rahman feels, will appeal to a cross-section of listeners. And Rahman knows quite a bit about crossover audiences, having composed the music for Shekhar Kapur’s Hollywood film Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and the stage productions The Lion King and Bombay Dreams. Among his forthcoming productions is Aamir Khan’s Ghajini.

Known to be a shy, behind-the-scenes man, Rahman has gradually been stepping out of his shell, one inch at a time. Surprisingly, the man has started enjoying live performances. It took a while before he began to take pleasure in performing and singing before a live audience, but Rahman admits that the experience moves him these days. “The audiences cheer for you and show you they love you,” he says.

“I always thought I wasn’t a great performer. This is why I pushed myself and tried to satisfy the audiences. This year, I have had a lot of concerts and more are planned,” says the music director.

The man who stormed Bollywood with Roja in 1992 when he was all of 26 is also characteristically reticent about the A.R. Rahman Foundation, an organisation that deals with charity and education. We prod him a bit, and he reluctantly opens up. “I started the foundation because I had to do a song for the United Nations’ poverty eradication campaign. The song’s title was Pray For Me Brother. After composing the song and shooting the video, I thought that the foundation would be a good way to help the needy by using the money earned through the video. That’s how it all began.”

Even when it comes to music piracy, a menace that hits the revenues of the music industry, Rahman doesn’t take the militant stand adopted by his contemporaries. He leaves it to the music lovers to decide if they want to see their favourite artistes continue with their work or destroy their livelihood. “Conscientious music lovers will always shun piracy. Many people think they can get away with illegally downloading music and there is no way to stop them. I can’t force people to buy music or stop picking pirated music. But those who respect music and artistes will respect the hard work they put in. If they want good music to continue being made, they will pay for the effort,” he says.

According to one estimate, Rahman has sold more than 200 million cassettes and over 100 million records of his scores and soundtracks. But the man is not into number crunching — he would rather sit and compose a tune. Settling a score, as far as Rahman is concerned, is all about putting music to words.

THE TELEGRAPH -CULCUTTA ,INDIA

[/tscii:8f2b65efbe]

Yathu
7th May 2008, 03:30 AM
Here's the RadioCity interview on YouTube, for those of you who couldn't download it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJawNXL1iQ

It's a really cool interview. Really motivated me to approach my uni work with a bit of passion! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3abID8rOgM

I don't know whether to laugh at this or not! :lol: Dancing like a fool to a song thats so close to ARR's heart!

Did any of you who went to the Chennai concert see this guy? :lol:

MADDY
7th May 2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9L9hP5Iu0&feature=related

Sj.Suryah on ARRahman and thottal poo malarum :D .....he is surely a big fan of thalaivar 8-)

yathu, just now saw that.........thank god, we didnt spot him in the concert :lol:

crajkumar_be
7th May 2008, 11:24 AM
yathu, just now saw that.........thank god, we didnt spot him in the concert :lol:
:rotfl:
ellatha vida periya comedy enna na the video title is "Sam Anderson..." :lol:

A.ANAND
7th May 2008, 01:33 PM
'thanni' romba ovara pochu pola!namitha concert-inu nenachi
vanthutaro :lol:

Yathu
8th May 2008, 02:31 AM

:lol: its made me laugh everytime i've watched it! Right at the end of the video its like he comes to his senses and realises what hes doing! :lol:

Guess_Me
9th May 2008, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know the name or location of the North Indian school which adopted "Ek Tu Hi Bharosa" from Pukar as their school anthem? I came across many posts on this news but none of them seem to mention the name or location of the school.

littlemaster1982
9th May 2008, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know the name or location of the North Indian school which adopted "Ek Tu Hi Bharosa" from Pukar as their school anthem? I came across many posts on this news but none of them seem to mention the name or location of the school.

I saw a post by one of the students in Orkut. Even he didn't mention the school name.

A.ANAND
11th May 2008, 11:26 AM
.R. Rehman to represent India at Cannes festival
PVS - 5/10/2008

Music virtuoso A.R. Rehman will be India's guest at the forthcoming Cannes Film Festival.

An eminent artiste from India is included in the Cannes' guest list every year. This year the honour goes to A.R. Rehman.

The film festival begins on May 14.

The famed music director will wear specially designed clothes on the occasion.

Bollywood costume designers Shantanu and Nikhil have been engaged for this. These two have designed the costumes for among others Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Alikhan and actresses Deepika Padukone and Ketrina Kaif.

Rehman will wear a Jodhpuri Bandkala in blue, according to Shantanu. Rehman told them the dress could be in any colour but not black.

SOURCE:WWW.NOWRUNNING.COM

A.ANAND
11th May 2008, 11:30 AM
Rahman attends premiere
10 May 2008, 0020 hrs IST

A R Rahman . (TOI Photo)

A R Rahman rarely steps out of his studio in Chennai. But on Thursday evening he made an exception to attend the Chennai premiere of the critically acclaimed German film The Lives of Others at Sathyam Cinemas.

The film is being screened at Sathyam as part of their "pure cinema" and the Oscar Winner (Best Foreign Language Film of the Year, 2007) is the right choice.

The film is being distributed in India by Rahman's good friend Bharath Bala, who made all the arrangements at the venue. Among the guests at the premiere there was poet Vairamuthu, who said it was one of the most moving films in his life. Rahman sat through the 2 hours 20 minute film which had English subtitles, and at the end, gave a standing ovation.

A.ANAND
12th May 2008, 01:00 PM
[tscii:de894fc3c7] Ajith, Vishnuvardhan and A.R. Rahman take off

May 10, 2008

Ajith’s Billa will be screened at the 61st Cannes Film Festival in France. The festival will begin on May 14th and go on till May 25th. According to reliable sources, Billa will be screened at the Grey Screen 3, on Sunday May 18th at 4 pm. Ajith will fly right on time to attend the screening. The actor also said that he would like

watch Steven Speilberg’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skies. The film’s director, Vishnuvardhan along with his wife will fly over to Cannes on May 12th. Ace musician A.R. Rahman will take part in the festival as a special invitee. Industry sources reveal that Rahman’s costume for this particular occasion will be designed by Bollywood costume designers Satanu and Nikhil, who have designed for Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Saif Ali Khan and other celebrities. Other noted directors, producers and actors from the Indian film industry are also likely to travel all the way to Cannes to either expand their business or just chill out there.

[/tscii:de894fc3c7]

Scale
15th May 2008, 02:47 PM
Oh bosnia / Ek tuhi barosa is a serene offereing from ARR which I liked immensely but to deploy them as school anthem is unwarranted. Indian national anthem theriyamale pala pullaingha thiriraaingha. Lata M paadinathalaya? Dont know how ARR would feel?

For the sake of music & patriotism fervor, I checked my archieves and listened to "Ek Nazarian" Republic Day song by kids chorus performed infront of APJ Abdul Kalam. Another great song! totally underrated & gone astray.

This was recorded from a live performance and it was never released officially. ARR shud have enhanced in his studio and continued for a official release.

sat_srini
17th May 2008, 01:40 AM
IIFA to honour Benegal, Rahman & Mumtaz
By Indiantelevision.com Team
(16 May 2008 5:30 pm)

MUMBAI: The Idea IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) Awards 2008 will be honouring Shyam Benegal, AR Rahman and Mumtaz. Pioneered by Wizcraft International, IIFA will be held in Bangkok from 6 to 8 June.

The award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema will be presented to Benegal, while Rahman will be awarded for outstanding contribution by an Indian in international cinema. Mumtaz will be honoured for her achievement in Indian Cinema.

Wizcraft International Entertainment director Wiz Sabbas Joseph said, "It is an honour for us at IIFA, to present the special category awards to these stalwarts. Not only have they entertained millions of fans across the globe but have also inspired them with their school of work. Their master craft left a mark in the industry and has significantly contributed towards the growth and progress of the Indian film industry."

http://www.indiantelevision.com/aac/y2k8/aac335.php

ThalaNass
17th May 2008, 06:31 AM
In case you guys have'nt seen the video

SPB Reveal ARRahman's Genius in Thoda Thoda Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9qmN1mNJnU&NR=1

:notworthy:

Yathu
18th May 2008, 02:36 AM
ARR recieveing his award for Best Music Composer (Guru) at the Zee Cine Awards 2008:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L0KKrW3qUFk

ARR featurette on CNN programme 'The Screening Room':

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilqIg7cPMMQ

Scale
18th May 2008, 09:53 PM
ARR featurette on CNN programme 'The Screening Room':

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilqIg7cPMMQ

Yathu, Thanks for the link.

Now listen carefully at 3.35 Nuovo Cinema Paradiso - Ennio Morricone.

The piano piece is a sure source of inspiration for ARR's Desh ki mitti (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIfDRAg3Id8)prelude & theme and that too in the same clip :frightened:

I checked the orginal piece (http://youtube.com/watch?v=xv6kAsY1a98) but its something different. Can someone vertify?

Scale
19th May 2008, 01:12 PM
Yes the resemblances are very much obvious check the link (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1392049&highlight=#1392049)

Dragun
19th May 2008, 11:01 PM
Another ARR-Gowariker film? No word yet...

http://indiafm.com/news/2008/05/19/11413/index.html

Ashutosh Gowariker signs Harman-Priyanka
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 19, 2008 - 16:42 IST

Ashutosh Gowariker is ready with his next script What's Your Raashee? based on a novel called 'Kimball Ravenswood' by Madhu Rye. This announcement comes with Jodhaa Akbar's 100 days in theatres. The film is slated to go on floors in November 2008 in Mumbai.

The maverick director has always been admired for his creative, well-researched and grandeur style of filmmaking. This time he is ready to lure his audiences with a romantic comedy.

The lead cast for What's Your Raashee? is finalized with the yet to debut Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra.

Commenting on making a romantic comedy, Ashutosh Gowariker said, “It is a genre that I have always loved, my most favorite ones being Roman Holiday, When Harry Met Sally, all of Frank Capra, amongst several others. I am also a great fan of Chupke Chupke and all the romantic comedies of Hrishikesh Mukherji and Basu Chatterji. It is a genre that I had always wanted to attempt and now I have got the opportunity to do so through What's Your Raashee?

Rest of the Cast and Crew is being finalized.

The film is presented by UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker Productions and will be jointly produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Sunita A.Gowariker.

Ramakrishna
20th May 2008, 09:16 PM
Rahman's song to be remixed
Rahman's song to be remixed
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, May 20, 2008]

A R Rahman's popular chartbuster "Kadhalikkuum Pennin Kaigal" from the movie 'Kadhalan' would be remixed soon for a movie titled 'Theeyavan'.

Interestingly the remix song would feature comedians M S Baskar and Aarthi dancing. 'Theeyavan' features newcomer Udhay and Mamudhurai girl Midhuna in the lead role.

Untill now only songs of M S Viswanathan and Ilayaraja were remixxed. It is perhaps the first time that Rahman's popular song is being remixed.

courtesy india glitz
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38662.html

:roll: :roll:

littlemaster1982
20th May 2008, 09:48 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :curse:

lancelot
20th May 2008, 09:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

hehe
:D

sat_srini
21st May 2008, 03:16 AM
[tscii:4d3d1d825b]‘Every heroine I sign gets married’

Subhash K Jha

Ashutosh Gowariker

What about this sudden announcement about your film with Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra?

It was not supposed to be announced. I don't know how the news leaked out. My film What's Your Rashi is based on a novel called Kimball Ravenswood by Madhu Rye that I read in 1995. This story is unlike my earlier films.

But your earlier three films were also quite different from each other…

They were. But, Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar had a common element of drama. My new film is a frothy, romantic comedy. It's a new genre for me. All my three films required me to do rigorous research. I'm now doing a film that requires zero research.

Didn't you have a team to do the research on those projects?

No, I like to do it on my own. Only when I do the research on my own, do I get a thorough understanding of the subject. In What's Your Rashi, I don't go into historical details since it's a light comedy. However, a good comedy is a challenge by itself.

Weren't you supposed to do another film with Hrithik after Jodhaa Akbar?

I was extremely keen on doing it. But Hrithik is too busy with his home production right now. I have a subject in mind but I'll do it later. After Jodhaa Akbar, I want to do something that is light and funny.

What kind of romantic comedy are you talking about?

I'm thinking of those films which took the middle path like ones made by Frank Capras, Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Basu Chatterjee. Films like It's A Wonderful Life, Chupke Chupke and Baaton Baaton Mein.

Why Harman and Priyanka for the lead?

When I saw Harman in the trailers of Love Story 2050, I asked his father Harry Baweja to show me the rushes. Harman fit the bill for the character I had in mind. I first signed Harman and then Priyanka. Also, I'm very impressed by the promos of Love Story 2050. Like Krissh, it breaks the mould.

Isn't there a risk of it being construed as gimmicky casting?

I always go by my hunch. When I cast Hrithik in Jodhaa Akbar, people were of the opinion that Hrithik was not cut out for a period film like Jodhaa Akbar. Earlier, they thought I was crazy to show Aamir in a dhoti in Lagaan. I am hopeful that Harman will be absolutely correct for the role.

For What's Your Rashi, have you made a lot of changes while translating it from a book to a film?

I have made whatever changes were necessary for a cinematic medium. There will be songs for which I want A R Rahman. I've just bought the rights from the author of the novel on which my film is based. I will be co-writing the script with my colleague Naushil Mehta. I won't be changing the basic story.

So if one reads the book, will he know the plot of the film?

(Keeping a straight face) I have bought every available copy of the novel on which my film is based. So, you'll just have to wait for the film to know the story.

Going by how you have transformed Aishwarya into Jodha in Jodhaa Akbar, no wonder Priyanka is quite kicked about being your next heroine...

Every heroine I sign gets married. Except Gracy Singh of course. Maybe Priyanka will be next to get married after What's Your Rashi!

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=20080521200805210221044788aa6135
[/tscii:4d3d1d825b]

R.Latha
22nd May 2008, 01:38 PM
Acclaimed music composer A R Rahman will be presented with a life time achievement award by International Indian Film Academy (IIFA).

The award would be presented to Rahman on 6 June at a grand function to be held at Bangkok.

The award is being presented to Rahman for his immense contribution to promote Indian film music abroad and also making a mark internationally.

The function would be attended by the likes of Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan among others.

R.Latha
22nd May 2008, 03:11 PM
A R Rahman's popular chartbuster "Kadhalikkuum Pennin Kaigal" from the movie 'Kadhalan' would be remixed soon for a movie titled 'Theeyavan'.

Interestingly the remix song would feature comedians M S Baskar and Aarthi dancing. 'Theeyavan' features newcomer Udhay and Mamudhurai girl Midhuna in the lead role.

Untill now only songs of M S Viswanathan and Ilayaraja were remixxed. It is perhaps the first time that a popular song of A R Rahman is being remixed. Music director L.V. Ganesh, son of famous musician L. Vaidyanathan is doing that maiden venture.

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 03:31 PM

Untill now only songs of M S Viswanathan and Ilayaraja were remixxed. It is perhaps the first time that a popular song of A R Rahman is being remixed. Music director L.V. Ganesh, son of famous musician L. Vaidyanathan is doing that maiden venture.

hope they dun make fun with the song.... knowing its a comedian that is dancing for it....

SoftSword
22nd May 2008, 03:43 PM

hope they dun make fun with the song.... knowing its a comedian that is dancing for it....

i guess this is gonna be something insulting...

A.ANAND
23rd May 2008, 06:10 AM
May 22, 2008

Aamir Khan is going all out to launch his nephew Imraan Khan in Abbas Tyrewala's Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, and has roped in the best to make the film successful.

That would, of course, include A R Rahman.

Rahman gave us a sneak preview of the music in his own voice. Listen to it here. He also spoke to Nithya Ramani and Syed Firdaus Ashraf about the film. Excerpts:

Review: Jaane Tu music is peppy and young
How does it feel working with Abbas Tyrewala?

This is a completely new team for me. So working with him was a little strange in the beginning. Then, we got used to each other. When the music was done, Aamir was happy and appreciated it. He said that the two of us made a good team.

Was it difficult working with Aamir and producer Mansoor Khan?

Aamir is not difficult to work with. It's just that when he gets excited about something, he likes the integrity of the same thing. And when something goes wrong, he wants to bring the integrity back. He likes to balance the whole project. He is a great producer.

Was Aamir involved in the music of his films?

We last worked during Rang De Basanti [Images]. I just get just feedback from him. He is more involved in the music of Gajini than any of his previous films.

Whats the best part about 2008 yet?

The best part of 2008 for me is the launch of my music conservatory. It's very important to me, and a completely different road. I am looking forward to this exciting venture.

What was your reason for opening this school?

The time has come to start, so that we could have an orchestra. We have got about 1,000 queries and managing director Selvakumar is in the process of replying to it. It is about musicians. Only if you have musicians, you can have composers. [We want] to create a pallate of players for future composers. If they don't have musicians, they will make music out of computers. By this, they might lose the joy of listening to live music and composing from that.

Are you scoring the music for Rajiv Menon's Dhun?

Yes, we are in the process of getting it finalised.

You were supposed to go to Cannes Film Festival this year. Why did you not go?

That was very strange. I saw it in the newspapers. I had other commitments, and they called me on a very short notice. So I could not go.

www.rediff.com

A.ANAND
23rd May 2008, 08:37 AM
Aamir Khan, Rahman visit Dargah
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, May 22, 2008]

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan visited a famous Dargah in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh.

The noted actor, along with music director A R Rahman, attended the annual celebrations and offered prayers Wednesday night at Pedda Dargah, known locally as Amin Pir Dargah, in Kadapa town.

Pedda Dargah is also known as south Ajmer Dargah by locals.

Music maestro Rahman is a regular visitor to the Dargah.

A.ANAND
23rd May 2008, 09:01 AM
great news guys,today i saw the poster gautham menon's new movie with our boss 'chaennaiyil oru mazhaikalam'in daily thanthi news paper!shooting start today. wooww :bluejump: :bluejump: :redjump: :redjump:

SoftSword
23rd May 2008, 10:37 AM
great news guys,today i saw the poster gautham menon's new movie with our boss 'chaennaiyil oru mazhaikalam'in daily thanthi news paper!shooting start today. wooww :bluejump: :bluejump: :redjump: :redjump:

please post the link if poss...
eager to see it to believe it....as all these days we were just hearing abt this proj...

dinesh2002
23rd May 2008, 02:35 PM

please post the link if poss...
eager to see it to believe it....as all these days we were just hearing abt this proj...

http://i27.tinypic.com/24ay78h.jpg

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10119&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

coucou
25th May 2008, 08:50 PM
Can anyone see an advertising with shreya in which backround song is main vari of Mangal Pondey dubbed in TAMIL!!! :shock: ?

has ARR still Do music for advertising?

here is the link:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=zGT6ZiUeIcA&feature=related

littlemaster1982
26th May 2008, 09:22 AM
It's not done by ARR. These days, most of the Saravana Stores ads have modified version of a hit song as BGM.

dinesh2002
26th May 2008, 06:21 PM
Can anyone see an advertising with shreya in which backround song is main vari of Mangal Pondey dubbed in TAMIL!!! :shock: ?

here is the link:

if im not mistaken, the MD for that ad is D.Imman....

And Singer is Madhushree ....... heheheheh!

thanks for reminding me about this man.... must post this in my blog.... hehe!!

coucou
26th May 2008, 07:15 PM

here is the link:

if im not mistaken, the MD for that ad is D.Imman....

And Singer is Madhushree ....... heheheheh!

thanks for reminding me about this man.... must post this in my blog.... hehe!!

IMO, it's well done this music with this picturation, and of course with madushree's voice 8-)

A.ANAND
27th May 2008, 06:47 AM
T-Series with an A.R.Rahman project again
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 26, 2008]

When a company has the music rights of a film's songs composed by the Mozart of Asia A.R.Rahman, then there is no need to get worried about the success of sales of the music.

T-series is one company who is fortunate to associate with the music maestro back to back. After releasing the music of Aamir khan Productions 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na' composed by ARR, now the company will release the music of 'Yuvaraj' composed by the music wizard.

This film marks the return of Subash Ghai after a low profile 'Black & White' into his usual way of directing his movies in a large scale.

The film which will be released this Diwali has also the paring of the real life couple Salman khan and Katrina Kaif in the lead roles other than having acclaimed actors like Anil Kapoor and Boman Irani in supporting roles.

The movie is produced by Subhash Ghai's own production company Mukta Arts Ltd.

The videos of the songs of 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na' are already being aired by the different channels and have started getting good reviews.

How Salman shakes his leg to the tunes of A.R.Rahman in 'Yuvraj' is left to be seen.

A.ANAND
27th May 2008, 07:56 AM
Early last year one of the most watched music composer Harris jeyaraj in the tamil industry did his first Telugu film Sainikudu. The tracks were an instant sell out, however a lot of direct influences were drawn from Rahman鈥檚 masterpiece Dil Se.

Harris, having worked with Rahman earlier has the same taste that Rahman had in his earlier days. The bass notes, the groove and the layers of improvisations of a flat loop.

I have 鈥檚tudied鈥?the music of Sainukudu and drawn several parallels to Harris鈥?influence from Dil Se for his sound track of Sainikudu.

Here i present my (pain stakingly put together ) version of Rahman鈥檚 Dil Se Re mixed with the melodious track from Sainikudu called Maayeraa. Maayeraa is an extremely well programmed track by Harris ( the typical Rahman style of 鈥榳indy鈥?flutes with extra spacialiser effects). Both the tracks fit into each other nice and easy!.

You will be surprised to see obvious parallels to Harris鈥?inspiration of the Dil Se Re bass guitar groove.

check it out for yourself at http://www.wiredbea ts.com and do leave some comments!!

Enjoy the track and do let me know of what you all think鈥?br>
Track : Dil Se Re - The Deep Lounge Edition

Artist : Wiredbeats!

Mash : Dil Se Re from OST Dil Se (Hindi) Vs Maayeraa OST Sainikudu

Genre : Lounge
source:arrfans@yahoo.groups.com

SoftSword
27th May 2008, 12:47 PM
Early last year one of the most watched music composer Harris jeyaraj in the tamil industry did his first Telugu film Sainikudu. The tracks were an instant sell out, however a lot of direct influences were drawn from Rahman鈥檚 masterpiece Dil Se.

Harris, having worked with Rahman earlier has the same taste that Rahman had in his earlier days. The bass notes, the groove and the layers of improvisations of a flat loop.

I have 鈥檚tudied鈥?the music of Sainukudu and drawn several parallels to Harris鈥?influence from Dil Se for his sound track of Sainikudu.

Here i present my (pain stakingly put together ) version of Rahman鈥檚 Dil Se Re mixed with the melodious track from Sainikudu called Maayeraa. Maayeraa is an extremely well programmed track by Harris ( the typical Rahman style of 鈥榳indy鈥?flutes with extra spacialiser effects). Both the tracks fit into each other nice and easy!.

You will be surprised to see obvious parallels to Harris鈥?inspiration of the Dil Se Re bass guitar groove.

check it out for yourself at http://www.wiredbea ts.com and do leave some comments!!

Enjoy the track and do let me know of what you all think鈥?br>
Track : Dil Se Re - The Deep Lounge Edition

Artist : Wiredbeats!

Mash : Dil Se Re from OST Dil Se (Hindi) Vs Maayeraa OST Sainikudu

Genre : Lounge
source:arrfans@yahoo.groups.com

and dude the link is not working for me... :(