its www.wiredbeats.com softy

SoftSword
27th May 2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks ram...

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 08:45 AM
[tscii:e7bcb9fb7e]The A.R. Rahman-T-Series saga continues with Yuvraaj

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 26, 2008 - 15:34 IST

T-Series, after releasing the music of Aamir Khan Production’s Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na, which is composed by A.R. Rahman, has now also acquired the music rights of Rahman's next big flick Yuvraaj. Yuvraaj is Subhash Ghai’s directorial venture slated to release this Diwali. A.R. Rahman has always been loved from the time of his blockbuster hit Bombay and is known for his mesmerizing music.

T-Series is proud to be associated with A.R. Rahman again. Through Yuvraaj, T-Series wants to bring the combination of T-Series and Rahman to its music listeners again.

Yuvraaj is Produced and Directed by Subhash Ghai under the Mukta Arts Ltd Banner. The movie stars Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Zayed Khan, and Boman Irani.
[/tscii:e7bcb9fb7e]

A.ANAND
29th May 2008, 07:54 AM
[tscii]
I am not sure if I’ll start blogging: Rahman 29 May 2008, 0011 hrs IST,PRIYANKA DASGUPTA ,TNN

The songs of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na are distinctly different from what you’ve churned out recently. What’s the reason behind this?
Well the idiom of the JTYJN is very different and that’s why I have also tried and used single notes of sounds and simple guitar tunes. Director Abbas Tyerwala has a lot of knowledge in music and knew what he wanted as far as the sound is concerned.

Among Bollywood composers, Pritam gives a lot of scope to young artistes. How much of space do you give to newcomers?
Well, whenever I get a chance and I think a young and fresh voice would do perfect justice to my composition, I definitely like to give chance to a young artiste. In fact, in JTYJN a couple of songs like Aditi and Pappu Can’t Dance are sung by newcomers and I think they have done a brilliant job.

Among your contemporary composers, whose works do you find interesting?
Well all the composers right now are really good, they all are capable of delivering good songs. For instance, Vishal and Shekhar, Pritam etc. are really good.

You are always accused of keeping the best song of each film you compose music of for yourself ?
(Laughs) No. It’s the producers and directors who like the way I sing and want me to sing for their films. For JTYJN, it was the other way round. I thought I would have liked to sing the title track. But Abbas was dead against it. It was only when he heard it that he actually fell in love with it.

Your and Aamir’s association has always given out some really good songs. Do you think you too will recreate the same magic of Lagaan and Rangeela?
It is a happy coincidence that we’ve both been on projects where music has played an important role. Our relationships in these films were of an actor and a music director where the interaction is almost minimum. On JTYJN, though, he was playing a producer. Our interaction has been minimum. In fact, when Abbas and I wouldn’t budge on certain issues, it was Aamir who played the role of peacemaker. My relationship with Aamir is very personal and we are friends.

Didn’t you fear that people would compare your title track with the original number?
I really like the title track of the film. I was a bit apprehensive since it was a very popular yesteryear number. To give music to such a number always brings along the fear of comparison. However, I have treated it as the music for today’s generation who may have not heard the original song.

Since film music is so popular in India, do you think we’ve reached a stage where parents would encourage if their children wanted to earn a living by composing. Or do they still want composing to be left as a part-time job?
Of course, I think film music is gaining a lot of popularity. So, many music reality shows are coming up and the turnover for such shows is massive. There is so much of competition in here. Music composition has become very challenging and thus should be taken seriously and not as a part-time job. As far as parents go, they should encourage their children because if they have the knack for composing, they can definitely go a long way. I think hard work always gets paid.

You have an official website. Do you intend to start blogging someday? And if you do so, are you going to address key issues plaguing the Indian music industry through your blog?
I am not sure if I’ll start blogging but if I do at any point of time, I’ll definitely try to bring up issues plaguing the Indian music industry and other issues as well.

When one learns that AR Rahman is giving music for a particular song/film, the expectation grows. Do you feel the pressure on yourself?
No. It inspires me to give better music. I work for myself and want to give good music.

Ramakrishna
29th May 2008, 09:01 PM
Watch ARR's interview at 10:30pm IST here
http://wwitv.com/a1/b1605.asx

sat_srini
29th May 2008, 09:55 PM
Check out the updated discography in ARR's official website "www.arrahman.com"

Some of the upcoming movies

Hindi - Dilli6, Yuvraj, Ghajini, Blue
Tamil - Sakkarakatti, Chennaiyil oru Mazhaikkalam, Marmayogi, Robot, Sultan
Telugu - Puli

Ramakrishna
29th May 2008, 10:11 PM
New film by name BLUE in arrahman.com

Blue is a Sree Ashtavinayak Cine Creations production directed by some non-Indian ad film maker called Tony. Stars Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta I think. Akshay Kumar plays a deep sea diver in the film (??!!). Therefore the title. Please don't get any creative ideas. The movie is budgeted at a whopping Rs. 120 crores .

SOURCE :- GOPAL SRINIVASAN

www.arrahman.com

dinesh2002
30th May 2008, 07:22 AM
New film by name BLUE in arrahman.com

Blue is a Sree Ashtavinayak Cine Creations production directed by some non-Indian ad film maker called Tony. Stars Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta I think. Akshay Kumar plays a deep sea diver in the film (??!!). Therefore the title. Please don't get any creative ideas. The movie is budgeted at a whopping Rs. 120 crores .

SOURCE :- GOPAL SRINIVASAN

www.arrahman.com

knowing remakes r popular in Indian film industries now days, dun tell me this is a remake of actor's Paul Walker "Into the Blue".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378109/

just a thought... :wink: :lol: its a nice movie though...

k_vanan
30th May 2008, 05:19 PM
GM again with ARR for next movie with THALA .

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/may/300508a.asp

:notworthy:

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 06:21 PM

thanks for the great news...
and arr was concerned about breaking the bond between GM and HJ...
evlo periya manasu venum adhukkellaam... :notworthy:

dinesh2002
30th May 2008, 06:25 PM

can anyone care to translate for us the non tamil readers :)

littlemaster1982
30th May 2008, 06:30 PM
Dinesh,

I'm posting the gist of the article.

After Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkaalam, Gautham is going to do a film with Ajith for Sivaji films. For this he approached ARR to do the music. ARR said it wouldn't look good if ARR works with GM as Gautham and Harris share a good rapport. Gautham convinced ARR by saying it won't be so as Harris is also busy with other projects.

littlemaster1982
30th May 2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure how true is this. Isn't ARR committed for COM already? Then why he should be apprehensive about doing Ajith's film :?

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 06:33 PM
it looks like there sure is a prob between HJ and GM...
HJ is busy and ARR is free?
i guess ARR is booked for the next 4 yrs...

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure how true is this. Isn't ARR committed for COM already? Then why he should be apprehensive about doing Ajith's film :?

maybe ARR agreed for COM as its said to be a musical subject...
but when the second time when GM asked him... he was concerned if the other guy will feel bad....

littlemaster1982
30th May 2008, 06:43 PM

maybe ARR agreed for COM as its said to be a musical subject...
but when the second time when GM asked him... he was concerned if the other guy will feel bad....

I think ARR would have said like this when he was approached for COM. That makes more sense. I don't want to believe any of this news now. Let it come from horse's mouth :)

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 06:46 PM
thats true...
we cant believe anything out from the media until there is an interview and till people speak for themselves...

baba88
31st May 2008, 02:05 AM
The article says that Gowtham approached ARR for Chennayil Oru Malaikaalam and not for his next movie.

A.ANAND
31st May 2008, 07:43 AM
Ajith in Gautham's direction
After 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam,' Gautham will direct Ajith in a film.

After completing 'Vaaranam Ayiram,' Gautham has started work on 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam.' Though shooting has been completed, there is post production work and it would be August when the film gets released, says Gautham. A reason for the delay in release is also because most theatres would be screening Kamal's 'Dasavataram' and it would be difficult to get free theatres.

There was some news that Gautham was to direct Mahesh Babu in a film produced by UTV. But Gautham himself has confirmed directing Ajith after 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam.'

As already announced, Ajith will be paired with Sameera Reddy. The music, as usual in a Gautham film, will be by Harris Jayaraj.

ippa enna soolaringga!

:poke:

Ramakrishna
31st May 2008, 12:40 PM
hmmm....Rahman himself clarified that he did not do Dasaavathaaram due to lack of time in CNN-IBN interview.

Dragun
31st May 2008, 01:42 PM
hmmm....Rahman himself clarified that he did not do Dasaavathaaram due to lack of time in CNN-IBN interview.

When ARR is not able to do a project, it seems we need more proof than a court of law that he didn't have time :)

Ramakrishna
1st June 2008, 12:53 PM
CNN-IBN interview videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZXxcvteu0 (PART-1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4G2Qjh9so (PART-2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EkvJAnRaE (PART-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHAkfkbJfio (PART-4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSef3vBeSpU (PART-5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7zrQQBP8A (PART-6)

SoftSword
2nd June 2008, 03:15 PM
thanks ram.... for the links...

good to hear that rahman says sivaji as one of his breakthrough albums...
but this guy missed a golden chance to ask him more sensible questions....

A.ANAND
2nd June 2008, 04:08 PM
Rahman experiments with 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'

By Meghna Menon, Film: "Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na"; Music Director: A.R. Rahman; Singers: A.R. Rahman, Rashid Ali, Vasundhara Das, Benny Dayal, Satish Chakravarthy, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer, Swetha Bhargave and Darshana; Ratings: ***

"Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na" is the launch pad of Aamir Khan's nephew Imraan and to play it safe, Aamir has roped in A.R. Rahman for the music. Set against a campus backdrop, the film's music gives us an insight into the other side of the composer.

Newcomer Rashid Ali can thank Rahman for a great debut as he croons to "Kabhi kabhi aditi", a romantic fun piece. The track doesn't sound much like a Rahman composition, but is nevertheless an enjoyable song as Rashid's vocals gives it a youthful touch. Lyricist Abbas Tyrewala ensures sure his lyrics don't disappoint either.

Putting a complete halt to the success of the previous track is "Pappu can't dance". The title itself makes you wonder if it is worth hearing. Well, not really. It is a high paced number that comprises of bizarre thumping music with extra beats. The song may stick to its theme, but as an audio number, it doesn't fare well. As far as singers go, Rahman usually picks good artistes for his albums, but his current bunch for 'Pappu...' does not impress at all.

"Jaane tu mera kya hai" helps the album pick up once again. This track has a repeat value and can pull anyone into its sombre mood. Sung by Runa Rizvi and written by Abbas, the sad and emotional number revolves around the female protagonist and will definitely find a place among listeners.

Sukhwinder Singh renders the second version of the track that revolves around the male protagonist. In spite of being a regular with these kind of songs, he doesn't sound repetitive. Lyrics are touchy and poetic, courtesy Abbas.

Finally, we come across a typical Rahman number that doesn't sound monotonous but is in fact one of the best songs of the album. "Nazrein milaana nazrein churaana" has an array of singers but doesn't commit the same mistakes as 'Pappu...'

The long list of newcomers that forms part of the album finally gives way to the composer himself. Rahman croons another very-unlike-himself track, "Tu Bole Main Boloon", yet the song doesn't upset. It belongs to the genre of jazz with saxophones, violins and pianos thrown in. It carries with it a very contemporary, western feel.

Rahman dives into Indi-pop next for "Kahin to". Listeners get a breather in the form of Vasundhara Das, whose brilliant voice is being heard after a long gap. A slow paced number, the song also has Rashid's voice and encompasses the ingredients of a slow-moving, romantic track. However, Abbas's lyrics are not so impressive.

Rahman's attempt at experimenting with new and different sounds for the album may not have resulted in chartbuster hits, but the attempt is worth hearing. Like Naresh Iyer in "Rang De Basanti", the surprise package of this album is Rashid.

--- IANS

SoftSword
2nd June 2008, 04:59 PM
what... pappu cant dance is not impressive???

A.ANAND
3rd June 2008, 05:47 AM
ippadi valaci valaci ella media'vukkum interview tharare namma boss,ethavathu payment kedakkuma?

muzammil_fr
3rd June 2008, 10:58 PM
Hi guys Here The Dubai concert who has not see, with His long hair, wooow very youthfull at that concert don't miss it http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/ARRahman-Live-In-Dubai-Concert-2001-Download-Concert-DVD-t20191.html

Ramakrishna
7th June 2008, 09:56 PM
AR REHMAN TO SCORE MUSIC FOR MAHESH-WB MOVIE
AR Rehman is likely to score music for Mahesh Babu-Puri Jagan's trilingual film with joint production by Warner Brothers and Rajni's daughter Soundarya. It is for the first time that a Telugu hero is roped in for a global produciton house. And expectations are high because it is coming from the record breaking combination of Pokiri film.http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/news284.html

lancelot
8th June 2008, 09:30 AM
sorry for posting this here... but does any1 know where i can download songs from this movie called Jab We Met?

please help

hehe
:D

rayan36
8th June 2008, 10:04 AM
I heard Rahman performed a concert in Chennai in April, is it somewhere on the net ?

sharus1000
8th June 2008, 12:18 PM
lancelot at fmw11.com

A.ANAND
9th June 2008, 06:49 AM
Rahman named best music director at IIFA
Sunday, June 08, 2008 21:29 [IST]
Bangkok: A.R. Rahman was named the best music director for his score in "Guru" at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) 2008 awards here Sunday night, while the Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Om Shanti Om" swept a number of technical awards.

Shreya Ghoshal won the honours for the best playback singer (female) for "Barso re" from Mani Ratnam's "Guru", which film also bagged awards for the best background score (Rahman) and best song recording (H. Sridhar).

The best playback singer (male) award was bagged by Shaan for "Jab se tere naina" from "Saawariya".

Veteran Javed Akhtar was named the best lyricist for "Om Shanti Om", which also garnered awards for best special effects (Red Chillies Entertainment), best art direction (Sabu Cyril), best costume design (Manish Malhotra, Karan Johar and Sanjeev Mulchandani) and best makeup.

The award for best screenplay was won jointly by Anurag Basu ("Life in a Metro") and Jaideep Sahni ("Chak De! India").

"Chak De! India" also took home the trophy for best cinematography.

Imtiyaz Ali was named the best dialogue writer for "Jab We Met".

Source : IANS

dinesh2002
9th June 2008, 07:09 AM
Bangkok: A.R. Rahman was named the best music director for his score in "Guru" at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) 2008 awards here Sunday night, while the Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Om Shanti Om" swept a number of technical awards.

Shreya Ghoshal won the honours for the best playback singer (female) for "Barso re" from Mani Ratnam's "Guru", which film also bagged awards for the best background score (Rahman) and best song recording (H. Sridhar).

The best playback singer (male) award was bagged by Shaan for "Jab se tere naina" from "Saawariya".

Veteran Javed Akhtar was named the best lyricist for "Om Shanti Om", which also garnered awards for best special effects (Red Chillies Entertainment), best art direction (Sabu Cyril), best costume design (Manish Malhotra, Karan Johar and Sanjeev Mulchandani) and best makeup.

The award for best screenplay was won jointly by Anurag Basu ("Life in a Metro") and Jaideep Sahni ("Chak De! India").

:notworthy: :bluejump: :thumbsup: :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :victory: :cool2: :clap:

thineshan54321
9th June 2008, 07:20 AM

:notworthy: :bluejump: :thumbsup: :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :victory: :cool2: :clap:

never knew guru would garner all these awards. its been loading awards for a while now. great stuff

A.ANAND
9th June 2008, 10:00 AM
namma thala fans ellam senthu oru periya 'pusinnikai'odaipoma :lol: manusan 3 award adichittu poittare :lol: :thumbsup: ethanai peru veyiru eriyutho! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
9th June 2008, 01:48 PM
* IIFA Awards 2008 - ARR with 3 awards (http://www.ibnlive.com/photogallery/850-14.html#view_start) IInd successive year (2007- RDB 3 awards)
:2thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :notworthy:
Awardskke oru Studio kattanum pola :Pride:

* Rahmans Music Mantra (http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/farsad666/2450945057_ac5ac52724_o-1.jpg)

* AR Rahman: The Rolling Stone Interview (http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/06/07/ar-rahman-the-rolling-stone-interview/)

thineshan54321
9th June 2008, 08:52 PM
[tscii:0162440fcf]
* IIFA Awards 2008 - ARR with 3 awards (http://www.ibnlive.com/photogallery/850-14.html#view_start) IInd successive year (2007- RDB 3 awards)

* Rahmans Music Mantra (http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/farsad666/2450945057_ac5ac52724_o-1.jpg)

* AR Rahman: The Rolling Stone Interview (http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/06/07/ar-rahman-the-rolling-stone-interview/)

Rahman: And now, that happy scenario is back. “A great piece of music is a great piece of music. Who cares if it’s Tamil or Hindi?”

and i can feel it! ever since RDB, every single album by Rahman ha sbecome a blockbuster hit! [/tscii:0162440fcf]

dinesh2002
9th June 2008, 09:01 PM
[tscii:c40e57bf33]

Rahman: And now, that happy scenario is back. “A great piece of music is a great piece of music. Who cares if it’s Tamil or Hindi?”

and i can feel it! ever since RDB, every single album by Rahman ha sbecome a blockbuster hit! [/tscii:c40e57bf33]

but stil, it would be really nice to see him hold 3 awards for his Tamil albums isnt it.... i know.... im a greedy fan.... would wanna see him win various awards for Sivaji and ATM...... :twisted:

thineshan54321
9th June 2008, 09:11 PM
[tscii:6e6cb5c612]

and i can feel it! ever since RDB, every single album by Rahman ha sbecome a blockbuster hit! [/tscii:6e6cb5c612]

but stil, it would be really nice to see him hold 3 awards for his Tamil albums isnt it.... i know.... im a greedy fan.... would wanna see him win various awards for Sivaji and ATM...... :twisted:

ya imo, he delivers his best for tamil whether it becomes a hit or not. SOK>sivaji>atm, but he never deserves what he deserves. i think sivaji and atm both deserve many awards.

littlemaster1982
10th June 2008, 02:58 PM
[tscii:e588584a94]
Rahman - A Way of Life

Substance and ada. You can’t produce good mood without a peaceful mind, says A.R. Rahman

It’s the story of a spiritually inclined father, a noble mother and a gangster son. It’s about not compromising on a unique storyline for the sake of finances from interfering financiers. It’s about a son, pooling in all his resources to produce his father’s film. It’s about A.R. Rahman and his music journey. It’s about “Ada…a way of life”, a film directed by Tanvir Ahmed (of Akarshan and Aag Aur Toofan fame) and produced by his son Kazaan. The film, to be released in July, has newcomer Ayaan as the protagonist and Nauheed Cyrusi as his love interest.

The film has 10 songs, including an instrumental version. Says Rahman, “Tanvir came to me when I was composing music for ‘One, Two Ka Four’ (2001). He told me about the film’s shoestring budget. Because of budget constraints, I employed some new voices instead of depending on expensive, established ones, started scoring music in 2004 and completed it in 2008. So, each song is very different from the other as they were composed in different years. That’s why they named it as my musical journey.”

West to East
Rahman has employed new singers Rashid Ali and Parul Mishra in Ada… He adds, “Rashid is actually a guitarist with a U.K. band. I saw him singing in a concert in London. He and I have similar taste in music. But, it took him some time to learn the Indian style as he belongs to a different school — Bryan Adams type you know.” His second find, Parul, who has sung the female version of “Ishq Ada” has won a Delhi talent hunt contest.
Rauqeeb Alam, the film’s lyricist, was introduced to Rahman by P.K. Mishra who gave the soundtrack for Roja.
Rahman is among the very few music directors who don’t discourage small-time director-producers but take them as blessings, “Yes, it is difficult to bring something great out of the box when you have limited resources. You can’t get good songwriters because they have no time.

But the lesser the number of high profile people, the more the musical freedom. The best thing that has happened to ‘Ada…’ is that Nokia is promoting the songs through iTunes and BIG Music has released the album. Otherwise often I put in a lot of hard work and it gets wasted due to lack of promotion,” he adds, quoting Tehzeeb and a “lot of Tamil films” as examples. “Those who don’t promote music are musically challenged,” he says.

But he has no qualms with new directors. “They know what they want. More than us (music directors) it’s them who have to live with our music. They have to listen to it again and again and shoot the scene accordingly. I don’t blame them for being demanding. Its only filmmakers such as Mani Ratnam and Ashutosh Gowarikar who dare to accommodate classical music in their films.”

He has no complaints with today’s music scenario either. “Through iTunes and legal downloads, a lot of music is popularised. The rights of the music composer are protected too. Earlier, these rights used to be written off. This would be beneficial for the new generation music directors.”

But he is candid about the problems of singers who come through talent hunts. They often fall flat when given new compositions to sing. “It’s sickening to make them sing one line again and again. But, a few sail through easily,” he says. Feeling confident about working in Hollywood after composing music for Shekhar Kapur’s Golden Age (2007), he is also relaxed after completing his three big forthcoming films, Yuvraj, Delhi 6 and Gajni.

Metro Plus - The Hindu (http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/06/09/stories/2008060950690100.htm)

[/tscii:e588584a94]

A.ANAND
12th June 2008, 07:18 AM
ரங் தே பசந்த்', `லகான்' போன்ற படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்ததால், அமீர் கானுக்கும், ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானுக்கும் இடையே நல்ல நட்பு ஏற்பட்டிருக்கிறது. தன் படங்களில் இசையமைப்பதற்கு அமீரின் ஃபர்ஸ்ட் சாய்ஸ் ரஹ்மான்தான். அமீர்கானின் லேட்டஸ்ட் ப்ராஜெக்ட்டான `ஜானே து' படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஐந்து பாடல்களை பிரமாதமாய்ப் போட்டுக் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார். (எல்லாம் இறைவன் அருள்!)

source:www.kumudam.com[lights on sunil]

muzammil_fr
12th June 2008, 02:01 PM
It's ARR too for Jaane Tu (It's other one new movie i think) ?

SoftSword
12th June 2008, 02:18 PM
It's ARR too for Jaane Tu (It's other one new movie i think) ?

hey guys... its the same JTYJN

muzammil_fr
12th June 2008, 06:35 PM
no it's not same, it's jaanu Tu and Aamir Khan act in.

SoftSword
12th June 2008, 07:51 PM

no i am sure...
these guys din have correct info...

thineshan54321
12th June 2008, 08:32 PM

no i am sure...
these guys din have correct info...

both same movie. jaane tu ya jaane na AKA jaane tu

A.ANAND
13th June 2008, 06:22 AM
[tscii:6fa6ea8486]Rahman approached for Rockstar?
Thursday, June 12, 2008 23:59 IST

India’s ace music composer A.R. Rahman might compose for Jab We Met director Imtiaz Ali’s venture Rockstar that has John Abraham in the lead.

Rockstar, a drama, puts a businessman centrestage. He takes the subway everyday on his usual mundane commute to work.

Suddenly, one fine day, he is transported to another time and place as his mind wanders into the world of Rock ’n’ Roll.

An escapist film, Rockstar will convey a message of escaping the modern claustrophobic consumerist existence. It is however reported that the project is currently on hold.

[/tscii:6fa6ea8486]

thineshan54321
13th June 2008, 07:39 AM
[tscii:b61a471452]Rahman approached for Rockstar?

India’s ace music composer A.R. Rahman might compose for Jab We Met director Imtiaz Ali’s venture Rockstar that has John Abraham in the lead.

Rockstar, a drama, puts a businessman centrestage. He takes the subway everyday on his usual mundane commute to work.

Suddenly, one fine day, he is transported to another time and place as his mind wanders into the world of Rock ’n’ Roll.

An escapist film, Rockstar will convey a message of escaping the modern claustrophobic consumerist existence. It is however reported that the project is currently on hold.

[/tscii:b61a471452]

we hvnt gotten a lot of rock from ARR. this movie will be perfect and it might even be national award worthy if done well...

MADDY
13th June 2008, 04:51 PM
[tscii:1efe0cd99d]Rahman approached for Rockstar?

[/tscii:1efe0cd99d]

wow, he is a very fresh hindi director......ayyo, rahman, dont leave it 8-)

MADDY
13th June 2008, 05:47 PM
we hvnt gotten a lot of rock from ARR. this movie will be perfect and it might even be national award worthy if done well...

thinesh, i remember reading a post of urs where u asked whether ARR has been prolific in guitar as much as other insturments or something similar......

my answer would be, as we moved into late 80's and early 90's, the audience liking for better sound packaging dominated than their liking for instruments itself.....which is why we had no led zeppelin or a pink floyd coming thru in 90s.......we got alternative rock styles like grunge(nirvana), irish rock (cranberries) in 90s........acoustic guitars dominated the stage and the age old tradition of drums, bass guitar and rythm guitar arrangement was shaken off..............it was inevitable that new sounds and arrangement styles surfaced.........ARR too, who started off with his rock band slowly transitioned to a global sounds fusion specialist.........which is why we didnt we listen to many guitar based compositions from him......i mean the focus was more on sound than the actual music.....

there is another strong reason for low usage of guitars by our mozart..........movies of 70's though not great in quality or script wise, had some great guitar scores becuase of the global effect........70's was the most unstable decade characterised by emergency, hare krishna hare ram movement, hippie culture where the imaginative power at its peak.........as we moved to 80's we had terrific set of directors - KB, still at his peak, Bharathiraja - at his best, Mahendran - his creative years, balu mahendra - weaving beautiful images and stories, and there were others like bagyaraj,pandiarajan who were doing equally good jobs......but as we moved to 90's - mahendran was gone, KB was almost gone, BR was almost gone, maniratnam was plateuing, we had new set of directors grown out of maniratnam generation who were mere wannabes.........shankar was the most promising talent of 90's but he too had penchant for sounds and not grammar........so, we had a shift in terms of strong storylines to beautiful visuals and sounds which is why the power of guitars was replaced by sensitivity of synthesisers.........but still, if u look at mani-ARR combo, each movie will have one song with very strong bass lines.......

roja - thamizha thamizha (rythm guitar)
bombay - halla gulla
thiruda thiruda - kannum kannum kollai adithhal
iruvar - kannai katti kolladhe (acoustic guitars kizhiyum in interludes)
Dil se - chayya chayya had great basslines in interludes and en uyire en aar-uyire and sandhosha kanneerae
AP - just listen to great bass work in kadhal sadugudu song
yuva - jana gana mana and nenjamellam songs too had prominent basslines....
Guru - tere bina

i think we should make a comprehensive list of guitar usage in ARR's songs 8-)

SoftSword
13th June 2008, 06:28 PM

thinesh, i remember reading a post of urs where u asked whether ARR has been prolific in guitar as much as other insturments or something similar......

my answer would be, as we moved into late 80's and early 90's, the audience liking for better sound packaging dominated than their liking for instruments itself.....which is why we had no led zeppelin or a pink floyd coming thru in 90s.......we got alternative rock styles like grunge(nirvana), irish rock (cranberries) in 90s........acoustic guitars dominated the stage and the age old tradition of drums, bass guitar and rythm guitar arrangement was shaken off..............it was inevitable that new sounds and arrangement styles surfaced.........ARR too, who started off with his rock band slowly transitioned to a global sounds fusion specialist.........which is why we didnt we listen to many guitar based compositions from him......i mean the focus was more on sound than the actual music.....

there is another strong reason for low usage of guitars by our mozart..........movies of 70's though not great in quality or script wise, had some great guitar scores becuase of the global effect........70's was the most unstable decade characterised by emergency, hare krishna hare ram movement, hippie culture where the imaginative power at its peak.........as we moved to 80's we had terrific set of directors - KB, still at his peak, Bharathiraja - at his best, Mahendran - his creative years, balu mahendra - weaving beautiful images and stories, and there were others like bagyaraj,pandiarajan who were doing equally good jobs......but as we moved to 90's - mahendran was gone, KB was almost gone, BR was almost gone, maniratnam was plateuing, we had new set of directors grown out of maniratnam generation who were mere wannabes.........shankar was the most promising talent of 90's but he too had penchant for sounds and not grammar........so, we had a shift in terms of strong storylines to beautiful visuals and sounds which is why the power of guitars was replaced by sensitivity of synthesisers.........but still, if u look at mani-ARR combo, each movie will have one song with very strong bass lines.......

roja - thamizha thamizha (rythm guitar)
bombay - halla gulla
thiruda thiruda - kannum kannum kollai adithhal
iruvar - kannai katti kolladhe (acoustic guitars kizhiyum in interludes)
Dil se - chayya chayya had great basslines in interludes and en uyire en aar-uyire and sandhosha kanneerae
AP - just listen to great bass work in kadhal sadugudu song
yuva - jana gana mana and nenjamellam songs too had prominent basslines....
Guru - tere bina

i think we should make a comprehensive list of guitar usage in ARR's songs 8-)

great post... and great comprehension maddy...

MADDY
13th June 2008, 07:02 PM
great post... and great comprehension maddy...

hey thanks SS......this was in my mind for a long time........even i used to wonder why ARR has not used guitar as much as ilayaraja............this is the only explanation that could cross my mind :)

Mahen
14th June 2008, 09:47 PM
http://91.194.90.77/~tamilmp3/tamil1_songs/index.php?dir=10%20-%20Devotional%20Songs/01%20Hindu%20Songs/A%20R%20REHMAN%20Remixed%20DEVOTIONAL%20Songs/

Guys oru question...Are the songs by arr??Sounds nice..

dinesh2002
15th June 2008, 07:23 AM
http://91.194.90.77/~tamilmp3/tamil1_songs/index.php?dir=10%20-%20Devotional%20Songs/01%20Hindu%20Songs/A%20R%20REHMAN%20Remixed%20DEVOTIONAL%20Songs/

Hey there Mahen, no....ARRahman has nothing to do with these tracks.... Some company or some1 released it under ARRahman to sell .... i know these tracks very well :)

these songs r taken from the Compiled Collection of " Kosmics' Sacred Chants Volumes" by Uma Mohan. there r 3 volumes, and they just picked randomly and compiled it into 1 album , and released them as " Chathurbujam" under A.R.Rahman's name......

check them for ur self....

http://www.ragalahari.com/devotionaldetail.asp?mvname=Sacred+Chants+Vol.+III

but yes... some of the songs by Uma mohan here r excellent.... u should try listening to " Viswanathashtakam " in Volume II...
:)

Mahen
15th June 2008, 08:04 AM

Hey there Mahen, no....ARRahman has nothing to do with these tracks.... Some company or some1 released it under ARRahman to sell .... i know these tracks very well :)

these songs r taken from the Compiled Collection of " Kosmics' Sacred Chants Volumes" by Uma Mohan. there r 3 volumes, and they just picked randomly and compiled it into 1 album , and released them as " Chathurbujam" under A.R.Rahman's name......

check them for ur self....

http://www.ragalahari.com/devotionaldetail.asp?mvname=Sacred+Chants+Vol.+III

but yes... some of the songs by Uma mohan here r excellent.... u should try listening to " Viswanathashtakam " in Volume II...
:)

Thanks dinesh

Ramakrishna
16th June 2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/2582181209/sizes/o/

Thalaivar interview

Guess_Me
16th June 2008, 05:08 PM
There is a news report of an Indo-Japanese project "Nairsan" in the latest issue of Vellinakshatram, a local magazine in malayalam. The article also carries short interviews with the movie's lead actor Mohanlal and director Albert. I am posting a translation of the article here. There is only one line in the whole article about ARR. But if you want to know more about this Mohanlal - Jackie Chan starrer, read along:

Mohanlal and Jackie Chan unite for Indo-Japanese project "Nairsan"

Mohanlal, one of India's greatest actors of all time, is joining hands with martial arts superstar Jackie Chan in the Indo-Japanese period cinema "Nairsan". The movie tells the story of freedom fighter Nairsan (Mohanlal) who fought against British colonialism in Japan. Jackie Chan will be seen fighting along side Nairsan in his war against colonialism.

Director Albert who made the critically acclaimed Indian cinema "Kanne Madanguka" will handle the story and direction. Actor Mohanlal is said to be very much thrilled about his character.

Nairsan, whose real name is Ayyappan Pilla Madhavan Nair, was born to a tamil Brahmin father and malayalee mother. He was born and bought up in Trivandrum, Kerala, India. Even during school days, Nairsan and his friends fought against the British rule in India. Later he was forced to leave to Japan via Sri Lanka and continued the fight against British rule from there.

"My parents have actually met Nairsan in person. He used to live in Poojappura which is near my home", said a thrilled Mohanlal.

The movie will cover Nairsan's entire Japanese episode and will feature his sincere attempts to overthrow the British government. The entire screenplay in English is ready. Works on Japanese translation is progressing fast.

Mohanlal has alloted a total of 125 days for the movie. Nairsan will have a world-wide release. In Asia the movie will be in Japanese while it will be dubbed in English for other parts of the world. Jackie Chan will join for a 15 day shoot starting September 1st.

The action sequences featuring Jackie Chan and Mohanlal will be shot at the Mongolian desert in the Russia-China border. The stunt choreography is by Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Director Albert, who is leaving for Japan next week, will meet JC Stunt team to discuss about the rehearsals and other preparations needed for the fight scene.

The movie, which will be conceived in a historical fiction format, will feature two Japanese and one Mongolian song. A R Rahman, one of India's greatest composers of all time, will be handling the music department. Though a period drama, the movie will be made keeping the commercial aspects in mind. Production cost is estimated to cross INR 60 crores ($15 million).

Director Albert Speaks:

How did Jackie Chan become part of the project?
I contacted Jackie Chan's office in Japan. They asked me to mail the basic concept of the story. What really attracted me to the story was the struggle the Asians under-went, in their attempt to get freed from British colonial rule.

Did you meet Jackie Chan in person?
Yes I did. And he thanked me for making him part of such an ambitious project. Jackie's role will be that of a saviour who helps Nairsan during the fight in the Mongolian desert.

Dragun
16th June 2008, 11:13 PM
Not another freedom fighter movie for ARR :(

MADDY
17th June 2008, 05:26 PM

y blood?? same blood :lol: :lol:

Ramakrishna
17th June 2008, 06:53 PM

Japanese and Mangolian Songs :roll: Quite different and interesting, isn't it?

Wibha
18th June 2008, 05:19 AM

:notthatway:

i'd prefer that any day over music for a masala movie :D :P

Dragun
18th June 2008, 09:09 AM

Onnum puriyila :confused2:

MADDY
18th June 2008, 07:44 PM

Onnum puriyila :confused2:

i meant, even i feel the way u did on news of another freedom fighter movie for thalaivar :)

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 08:23 PM
hey guys, just watched dasavarathaaram. This is THE best movie (tamil/hindi/english), I have ever watched! WOW! Kamal is a genius! truly a genius! no one could ever create a phenom like that, amaaaaaazing. and i realy really regret the fact that ARR missed this one. This movie is more than oscar worthy and I will be heavily dissapointed if this does not win an oscar. The reason why I am mentioning this here is because the songs did not live up to the movie at all, the movie obviously raised the songs up many many times, but with music that can match this movie, this would have been flawless and thats where arr shouldve stepped in. litereally guys, when i walked out of the theatre, I was breathless (literally), my friend was asking me how it was I couldnt say anything and I was even shivering a bit. difinitely a milestone in tamil, indian film industry! now i wish arr shouldve sacrificed even sivaji for this! truly a phenom. sorry for bringing an offtopic post here but i just wanted to convey how much i missed arr here.

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 10:03 PM
does anyone have kaadhalan in pyramid or anyother top distributor?

raagadevan
21st June 2008, 05:47 AM
P.Jayachandran/Alka Yagnik/A.R.Rahman/"ADA" (Hindi)

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/20/stories/2008062050350300.htm

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/U7ymmWCId9.As1NMvHdW/

prasana84
24th June 2008, 08:19 PM
A R Rahman Honored
[Tuesday, June 24, 2008]

A. R. Rahman has been conferred a Lifetime Achievement Award for his services to Indian music by the Rotary Club of Madras on the 24th of June in Chennai. The event had a question and answer session in which a humorous A. R. Rahman spoke about his favorite music and his experiences working in movies.

Lifetime Achievement at age 40. Indeed a terrific achievement.

gallery: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/15580.html

A.ANAND
25th June 2008, 07:50 AM
[tscii:6aca5ef535]Child-like smile lights up A.R. Rahman’s face as

Rotary Club honours the musician with ‘Lifetime achievement award’

IN APPRECIATION: President of the Rotary Club of Madras Indra Subramanyam presents the ‘Lifetime achievement’ award to music composer A.R. Rahman in Chennai on Tuesday.

CHENNAI: Musician A.R. Rahman’s poise is unbelievable. As stalwarts such as directors K. Balachander and Mani Rathnam, lyricists Vaali and Vairamuthu, playback singers S.P. Balasubramaniam, Hariharan and Chithra, and actors Kamal Haasan and Prabhu showered accolades, he sat on stage wearing his trade mark, child-like smile.

The renowned artistes were featured in a video production of the Rotary Club of Madras, screened here on Tuesday, when the Club honoured him with the ‘Lifetime achievement award’.

While commending Mr. Rahman’s musical genius, almost all of them spoke of his humility. “He is undoubtedly a great revolutionary in Indian film music. But what strikes me is his humility,” said Mr. Balachander, who has worked with him in films such as ‘Duet’ and ‘Parthalae Paravasam’. “Rahman’s success follows years of intense hard work with focus,” said Mr. Vaali. Mr. Mani Rathnam deemed him one of the most director-friendly music composers, and Mr. Haasan said he was looking forward to working with the music wizard in his next project ‘Marmayogi’, in the nearly 25-minute video production.

“I am really moved. This is a great honour. There is a lot more to do … I feel like a slate waiting to be written on,” Mr. Rahman said.

An impromptu question and answer session which followed evoked some candid and funny responses from the musician. Queried on the research he did for films such as ‘Jodha Akbar’, he said: “Oh yes, we did a lot of research and did not use any.”

On the music that he liked listening to, he said ‘Carpenters’, the music of composers K.V. Mahadevan, Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy and particularly those of P. Susheela, were his all-time favourites.

President of the Rotary Club of Madras Indra Subramanyam, director of vocational service Hemant Chordia and honorary secretary Shibu Isaac were among those present.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: [/tscii:6aca5ef535]

ansa400
25th June 2008, 12:21 PM
Congrats to our ARR for yet another recognition.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shankar
25th June 2008, 01:47 PM
>>>>
i realy really regret the fact that ARR missed this one.
<<<<

You have reasons to cheer now. kamal has signed arr for marmayogi !

Scale
25th June 2008, 05:05 PM
Point of reference (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1432644#1432644)

To avoid digression, could you please explain what do you mean by "chumma percussions ai vechE OttidalAm nu ninaichA WOHE mAdhiri Ayidum "?

A.ANAND
26th June 2008, 07:36 AM
AR Rahman: The master in his element
26 Jun 2008, 0010 hrs IST, Manigandan KR,TNN

AR Rahman. (TOI Photo)More Pics
When it comes to composing music or being modest, not many can match A R Rahman.

The Mozart of Madras on Tuesday proved why he continues to be loved by one and all even after almost 16 years after he first burst into the music scene with Roja.

Receiving the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from Rtn. Indra Subramanyam, president of the Rotary club of Madras, the music director, in his typical inimitable style, said," Ella pugallum Irraivanuuke." (To God be all glory!) after saying, "It's an honour to receive this award. However, I still think that nothing has happened. I am like a slate that is yet to be written. There is so much to be done, not only in music but also for humanitarian causes."

The award was conferred on the music director, by the Rotary club of Madras which sought to salute "the consummate composer who makes music the language of the heart and the soul".

Rahman was posed a few questions on the occasion to which he replied in his trademark style. Needless to say, his brief replies were laced with wit.

When asked what kind of research he did to recreate the effect for period films like Jodhaa Akbar, he said," We did a lot of research for Jodhaa Akbar and finally did not use anything we found."

It required a carefully- worded question to corner the musician, someone in the audience asked, " In addition to God (We know that you will attribute your success to God), what is the source of inspiration that gives you melodies?"

Rahman replied," There are two things I follow. When I know that I'm confident, I know I'm wrong. When I'm insecure and when I feel I'm going to be humiliated, that is when something special comes up."
When asked to name a few of songs he wished he had composed, the director initially tried to sidestep the question, but then responded," I would love to do something on the space that is there on the music of the 60s."

Disclosing what he preferred to listen to, the music director said, "I like Carpenters and old songs. Songs of Kannadasan, M S Viswanathan-Ramamurthy, K B Mahadevan and P Susheela are good. I like listening to Hemanth, Mandolin Srinivas and Kishore."

When pointed out that he had already reached the peak and that there was nothing left to conquer, the ace musician said, "I don't think benchmarks should be set. So much more has to be achieved. That is why I have started my music school."

When asked what he would like to teach his children, he replied, "I think their mom is a better teacher." And finally, when asked what he would like to teach Saira, he shot back,"She is teaching me."

The taste of music
Rang De Basanti was good but not good enough to beat Maah Tujhe Salaam. Thiruda Thiruda was much better than Rangeela. However, it was Zubaidaa which won the honours hands down on Tuesday at the Taj Connemara, where a function to felicitate musical genius A R Rahman was organised.And boy, were they all delicious!

For those of you who still haven't been able to comprehend what we are talking about, Rang De Basanti, Maah Tujhe Salaam, Thiruda Thiruda and Rangeela were the names of delicacies and dishes served to the dignitaries who attended the function organized by the Rotary club of Madras. While the Shahjahani badam ka shorba soup was called Jodha Akbar, the salad bar with dressings was called Satrangi re... and the main course comprised Maa Tujhe Salaam... (Tiranga Mirch Aur Paneer Jalfrezi), Rang De Basanti (Zaffrani Khumbh, Mutter Aur Makai), Kuchi Kuchi Rakkama... ( Kathrikai Rasvangi), Thiruda Thiruda (Kaikari Kothmali Korma) and Ahe Udi Udi... ( Urlai Vepudu).
The Lucknow Dum Biryani with Burhani Raita was called Zubeida and steamed rice was known as Sathiya. Dal Panchmela was called Rangeela while assorted Indian breads were called Lagaan!

In the dessert section, Chum Chum was called Chaiya Chaiya and finally, Chocolate Desire was aptly named Chinna Chinna Aasai..., reminding us the fact that the song continues to be one of the sweetest songs ever made.

kham
26th June 2008, 11:07 AM
GUYS NEED A HUGE FAVOUR...

I had downloaded ARR's BGM of several movies folder by folder in a certain site. Now i lost the link & tried my best to get it but cant.

Can u pls suggest me da site?? It was mentioned in TFM or yahoo group. (Not rapidhshare or youtube n it had all the movies folder by folder in zip format)

Pls help me.

dinesh2002
26th June 2008, 04:03 PM
GUYS NEED A HUGE FAVOUR...

I had downloaded ARR's BGM of several movies folder by folder in a certain site. Now i lost the link & tried my best to get it but cant.

Can u pls suggest me da site?? It was mentioned in TFM or yahoo group. (Not rapidhshare or youtube n it had all the movies folder by folder in zip format)

Pls help me.

i believe u meant this ??

http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/

but its not accessible now yea.... mayb u can try later on.... :)

prasana84
27th June 2008, 11:31 PM
Rajinikanth on top of India
IndiaGlitz [Friday, June 27, 2008]

View Rajini Gallery

View Rajini Gallery

Rajinikanth has been adjudged one of the top 50 powerful men in the country by '4 Ps', a business and marketing fortnight magazine.

The survey was conducted using various methodologies by ICMR (The Indian council for Marketing Research) and the 4Ps team.

Rajinikanth was chosen based on his visibility in the media over the last year, leadership qualities displayed and positive actions taken by actor.

Apart from Rajini, music genius A R Rahman has also managed a place for himself in the elite list.

A.ANAND
28th June 2008, 11:47 AM
AR Rahman: The master in his element
26 Jun 2008, 0010 hrs IST, Manigandan KR,TNN

AR Rahman. (TOI Photo)More Pics
When it comes to composing music or being modest, not many can match A R Rahman.

The Mozart of Madras on Tuesday proved why he continues to be loved by one and all even after almost 16 years after he first burst into the music scene with Roja.

Receiving the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from Rtn. Indra Subramanyam, president of the Rotary club of Madras, the music director, in his typical inimitable style, said," Ella pugallum Irraivanuuke." (To God be all glory!) after saying, "It's an honour to receive this award. However, I still think that nothing has happened. I am like a slate that is yet to be written. There is so much to be done, not only in music but also for humanitarian causes."

The award was conferred on the music director, by the Rotary club of Madras which sought to salute "the consummate composer who makes music the language of the heart and the soul".

Rahman was posed a few questions on the occasion to which he replied in his trademark style. Needless to say, his brief replies were laced with wit.

When asked what kind of research he did to recreate the effect for period films like Jodhaa Akbar, he said," We did a lot of research for Jodhaa Akbar and finally did not use anything we found."

It required a carefully- worded question to corner the musician, someone in the audience asked, " In addition to God (We know that you will attribute your success to God), what is the source of inspiration that gives you melodies?"

Rahman replied," There are two things I follow. When I know that I'm confident, I know I'm wrong. When I'm insecure and when I feel I'm going to be humiliated, that is when something special comes up."
When asked to name a few of songs he wished he had composed, the director initially tried to sidestep the question, but then responded," I would love to do something on the space that is there on the music of the 60s."

Disclosing what he preferred to listen to, the music director said, "I like Carpenters and old songs. Songs of Kannadasan, M S Viswanathan-Ramamurthy, K B Mahadevan and P Susheela are good. I like listening to Hemanth, Mandolin Srinivas and Kishore."

When pointed out that he had already reached the peak and that there was nothing left to conquer, the ace musician said, "I don't think benchmarks should be set. So much more has to be achieved. That is why I have started my music school."

When asked what he would like to teach his children, he replied, "I think their mom is a better teacher." And finally, when asked what he would like to teach Saira, he shot back,"She is teaching me."

The taste of music
Rang De Basanti was good but not good enough to beat Maah Tujhe Salaam. Thiruda Thiruda was much better than Rangeela. However, it was Zubaidaa which won the honours hands down on Tuesday at the Taj Connemara, where a function to felicitate musical genius A R Rahman was organised.And boy, were they all delicious!

For those of you who still haven't been able to comprehend what we are talking about, Rang De Basanti, Maah Tujhe Salaam, Thiruda Thiruda and Rangeela were the names of delicacies and dishes served to the dignitaries who attended the function organized by the Rotary club of Madras. While the Shahjahani badam ka shorba soup was called Jodha Akbar, the salad bar with dressings was called Satrangi re... and the main course comprised Maa Tujhe Salaam... (Tiranga Mirch Aur Paneer Jalfrezi), Rang De Basanti (Zaffrani Khumbh, Mutter Aur Makai), Kuchi Kuchi Rakkama... ( Kathrikai Rasvangi), Thiruda Thiruda (Kaikari Kothmali Korma) and Ahe Udi Udi... ( Urlai Vepudu).
The Lucknow Dum Biryani with Burhani Raita was called Zubeida and steamed rice was known as Sathiya. Dal Panchmela was called Rangeela while assorted Indian breads were called Lagaan!

In the dessert section, Chum Chum was called Chaiya Chaiya and finally, Chocolate Desire was aptly named Chinna Chinna Aasai..., reminding us the fact that the song continues to be one of the sweetest songs ever made.

littlemaster1982
28th June 2008, 09:52 PM
Videos and Pics (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/15580.html) of the event in which AR Rahman was given Lifetime Acheivement award.

sat_srini
30th June 2008, 01:16 AM
ARR at IIFA -

Red Carpet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-vwHLo55I
Best BGM award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRg9kn5_OM
Best MD award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_viax3sgs
Outstanding achievement award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJQ8XBVadQ

A.ANAND
30th June 2008, 06:13 AM
ARR at IIFA -

Red Carpet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-vwHLo55I
Best BGM award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRg9kn5_OM
Best MD award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_viax3sgs
Outstanding achievement award - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJQ8XBVadQ :ty: :ty: :ty: god bless you sat_srini :2thumbsup:

ansa400
30th June 2008, 11:20 AM
Guys, can any 1 of u get me the true tone from Indian and also other ARR tones...thx in advance....

Guess_Me
30th June 2008, 07:02 PM
Induna.com (http://www.induna.com/67-artistdetails/) has some old hindi audio CDs of ARR, like Roja, Bombay, Dil Hi Dil Mein. They ship worldwide (http://www.induna.com/help/) too. So if any of you are yet to get hold of these classics, now is your chance.

Ramakrishna
1st July 2008, 07:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MVazyN15fXM&feature=related

Bombay Dreams - interview and recording sessions

A.ANAND
3rd July 2008, 03:18 PM
[tscii:40cbe2fa44]A noble man called Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, July 03, 2008]

Noted music composer A R Rahman, has ambitious plans up his sleeve.

In spite of his busy schedule, he has started the K M School of Music to promote and propagate Indian and Western music. He has now gone a step ahead and is aspiring to help aged musicians who are suffering due to various reasons.

'It has been my dream for a very long time to help musicians, especially aged ones who are now unable to perform,' said Rahman in a recent interview.

However, the 'Mozart of Madras' feels that he cannot run the show effectively all alone. 'I need some others too to work for this noble cause. If anyone comes forward, I will join them.'

Rahman is flying high currently for he would be composing music for the movies starring two big stars of Indian cinema - Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth. This soft-spoken music composer par excellence is scoring music for ‘Marmayogi’ and ‘Robot’ simultaneously.

[/tscii:40cbe2fa44]

Guess_Me
3rd July 2008, 06:54 PM
Point of reference (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1432644#1432644)

To avoid digression, could you please explain what do you mean by "chumma percussions ai vechE OttidalAm nu ninaichA WOHE mAdhiri Ayidum "?
Some people are like that. Imagine, throughout their life, listening to 1000+ songs of a single composer, that follows the same rhythm pattern and instrumentation. In the end it will result in something called "innovation deafness" by which everything will sound the same. For them, Chinese music will sound like Tamil folk and WOHE drum-beats (cud be the most copied single instrumental piece in the history of Indian film music) will feel like traditional murasu. Please don't blame them for that. They are not doing this on purpose. It is a disease. All we can do is pray for their speedy recovery :wink:

SoftSword
3rd July 2008, 07:00 PM
guessme....
thats so humorous and enlightening....

dinesh2002
3rd July 2008, 07:05 PM

Some people are like that. Imagine, throughout their life, listening to 1000+ songs of a single composer, that follows the same rhythm pattern and instrumentation. In the end it will result in something called "innovation deafness" by which everything will sound the same. For them, Chinese music will sound like Tamil folk and WOHE drum-beats (cud be the most copied single instrumental piece in the history of Indian film music) will feel like traditional murasu. Please don't blame them for that. They are not doing this on purpose. It is a disease. All we can do is pray for their speedy recovery :wink:

whoaa..... Netthi adi pa..... :lol:

A.ANAND
4th July 2008, 09:47 AM
Favorite Music Directors and Singers: A. R. Rahman is without a doubt the favorite music director for both Indians (57%) and NRIs/PIOs (57%). The second favorite music director of Indians is Vishal Bharadwaj (10.5%) and for NRIs/PIOs it is the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio (7.5%). Sonu Niigaam is the favorite male singer for Indians (28%) and NRIs/PIOs (31.2%), while KK got 10.5% of the India votes and Shaan got 10.8% of the NRI/PIO votes. Shreya Ghoshal is the favorite female singer for Indians (27.9%) followed by Sunidhi Chauhan (11.6%). For NRIs/PIOs, Shreya is also the favorite singer (16.1%) followed by Asha Bhosle (18.3%

viraajan
4th July 2008, 09:50 AM
How ARR composes a song?

Check out this link. Interesting.

http://www.absolutasl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=251:the-whole-concept-on-how-a-r-rahman-composes-a-tune&catid=47:didunkow

littlemaster1982
4th July 2008, 06:04 PM
ARR answers to Kumudam readers' questions (http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-07-09/pg8.php)

இசையின் இலக்கை எட்டி விட்டீர்களா?

சினிமா இசையைப் பொறுத்தவரை மக்களுடைய தேவைக்குத்தான் பண்ணிக்கிட்டு இருக்கோம்.இலக்கை எட்டிவிட்டால் பயணம் முடிந்துவிடும். இசைக்கு முடிவு கிடையாது. அதுபாட்டுக்கு போயிகிட்டிருக்கும். அதனால் இலக்கை நோக்கி என் பயணம் நான் - ஸ்டாப்பா போய்க்கொண்டேதான் இருக்கும்.

நீங்கள் கவிதை எழுதுவீர்களா?

எழுத இன்னும் முயற்சி பண்ணல. ஆனால் நல்லா ரசிக்கத் தெரியும்.

தங்களின் சிம்பொனி இசைக் குழுக்களை உருவாக்கும் எண்ணம் எந்த அளவில் உள்ளது?

முதற்கட்டமாக இதற்காக ஸ்கூல் ஆரம்பிக்கிறோம். இன்னும் ஆறு மாதத்திலோ, ஒரு வருடத்திலோ சிம்பொனி குழு ரெடியாயிடும்.

உங்களது இசையின் முதல் விமர்சகர் யார்?

வேறு யார்? நான்தான்.

பழங்கால இசைக் கருவிகளைக் கொண்டு மட்டுமே ஒரு முழுப் படத்தின் பாடல்கள், பின்னணி இசையைத் தந்துள்ளீர்களா?

`லகான்' படத்திற்கு பழங்கால இசைக் கருவிகளை வைத்து மியூசிக் பண்ணினேன். இது தவிர, எலக்ட்ரானிக் இன்ஸ்ட்ருமெண்ட்டையும் பயன்படுத்தினேன். ஆமிர்கான் கிரிக்கெட்டை மையமாக வைத்து பண்ணியதால் அந்தக் கதைக்கு ஏற்றாற்போல் நான் செய்த மியூசிக் ரொம்ப பொருத்தமாக இருந்தது.

கண்ணதாசன் வரிகளுக்கு இசையமைக்க முடியவில்லையே என்று கவலைப்பட்டதுண்டா?

அந்த வருத்தம் இன்னும் இருக்கு. `காலங்களில் அவள் வசந்தம்' என்று கண்ணதாசன் எழுதிய பாடல் வரிகளை மட்டும் எடுத்து வேறு டியூனை பொறுத்தி ஒரு விளம்பரம் பண்ணினேன். இப்ப இல்ல, இருபது வருஷம் முன்பு.

இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் தங்களை மெய்சிலிர்க்க வைத்தது...?

How to name it.

பள்ளி,கல்லூரிப் படிப்புக்கு வாய்ப்பில்லாமல் போன இளமைப் பருவத்தின் இழப்புக்காக வருந்தியிருக்கிறீர்களா?

பதினேழு, பதினெட்டு வயதில் எல்லோரும் காலேஜ் போறாங்களே, என்னால் போக முடியவில்லையே என்று நினைப்பேன். படிப்புக்காக இல்ல. சும்மா ஜாலியா இருக்கலாமேன்னுதான். அந்தப் பருவத்தில் இசைக்காகவே என் நேரத்தைச் செலவழித்தேன் என்கிறபோது, அந்த வருத்தம் போய் சந்தோஷமே ஏற்படுகிறது.

இசை உலகில் நன்றியுடன் நீங்கள் திரும்பிப் பார்க்கும் மனிதர் யார்?

மணிரத்னம்

``நடிகர்களால் பாடல்களுக்குப் பெருமையில்லை. இனிய திரைப்பாடல்கள்தான் நடிகர்களுக்குப் பெருமை சேர்க்கின்றன'' என்று பாடகர் டி.எம்.எஸ். கூறியிருப்பது பற்றி?

டி.எம்.எஸ். சொல்வதில் உண்மை இருக்கு. ஏன்னா, ஒரு மட்டமான பாட்டை எவ்வளவு பெரிய நடிகர் பாடினாலும் அது யாருக்குமே பிடிக்காது. அதே ஒரு நல்ல பாட்டை அந்த நடிகர் பாடும்போது இன்னும் அதற்கு பாப்புலாரிட்டி கூடும். நல்ல பாடல்கள் எப்போதும் வாழ்ந்து கொண்டுதான் இருக்கும். அதிக நாள் ஓடாத எத்தனையோ படங்களின் நல்ல பாடல்களை இப்போதும் கேட்டுக்கொண்டுதான் இருக்கிறோம். குறிப்பிட்ட காலத்திற்கு அப்புறம் படம் ஓடிச்சா இல்லையான்னு அவசியம் இல்லை. நல்ல பாட்டா, கெட்ட பாட்டா என்பதுதான் முக்கியம்.

நீங்கள் பொறுமைசாலியா? அதிர்ஷ்டசாலியா? திறமைசாலியா?

என்ன பதில் சொல்றதுன்னு தெரியல.

`ரோஜா' வாய்ப்புக் கிடைக்காமல் இருந்திருந்தால்...?

`ரோஜா' கிடைக்கலேன்னா ஒரு `மல்லிகை' கிடைச்சிருக்கும். (சிரிக்கிறார்).

இசைப்புயலே, திரை இசைத் திலகம் கே.வி. மகாதேவன் பற்றி...?

கே.வி. மகாதேவன் இசைன்னா எனக்கு உயிர். அவருடைய பாடல்கள் எல்லாமே பிடிக்கும்.குறிப்பா `தில்லானா மோகனாம்பாள்', `சங்கராபரணம்' போன்ற படங்களைச் சொல்லலாம். கவிஞர் வாலி என்னிடம் பேசும்போது கே.வி. மகாதேவனுக்கு நாதஸ்வரம்னா ரொம்ப பிடிக்கும். அதனால்தான் அவருடைய பாடல்களில் பெரும்பாலும் அதை அதிகம் பயன்படுத்தி இசையமைப்பார் என்றார். என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை அவர் ஒரு இசை ஜாம்பவான்.

இந்தியாவில் தங்களுக்குப் பிடித்த இடம் - மலைவாசஸ்தலம் எது?

லடாக். இந்தியாவில் நிறைய இடங்களுக்குப் போயிருக்கிறேன். லடாக் அளவுக்கு வேறு எதுவும் என்னை ஈர்க்கவில்லை. அழகான லேண்ட் ஸ்கேப், அங்குள்ள மக்களின் கலாச்சாரம், வாழும் வாழ்க்கை, பேசும் மொழி என் மனசை கொள்ளையடித்தது. மியூசிக் ரிசர்ச்சிற்காக நான் அங்கு போயிருந்தபோதுதான் இப்படியொரு ஆனந்தம் ஏற்பட்டது.

சின்ன வயதில் தங்களை ஆன்மிகம் அள்ளிக் கொண்டதே, அதன் தாத்பர்யம் என்ன?

பிறந்தவுடனே ஒரு அட்ர&;#3006;க்ஷன் இருக்கும். அந்த அட்ராக்ஷன் மீறி யோசித்தோமேயானால் படைத்த நோக்கம் புரியும். எதற்கு இறைவன் படைச்சான்னு ஒவ்வொரு மனிதனும் கேள்வி கேட்கப் பழகிக்கொண்டால் தெளிவா நம் கண் முன்னே பதில் கிடைக்கும். அதை தேடிப் போகும்போது கண்டிப்பா யாருமே ஆன்மிகத்தை தேடித்தான் போக வேண்டும். அப்போது இந்த உலகத்தில் சந்தோஷங்கள் எதற்கு? சோகம் எதற்கு? என்பது புரியும். ஆனா இவை மட்டுமே கண்டிப்பா பதிலா இருக்க முடியாது. வாழ்க்கை பூராவும் மனிதன் தேடிக்கிட்டே இருக்கணும். தேடல் ஆன்மிகத்திலும் இருக்கு. இசையிலும் இருக்கு.

பழம்பெரும் பின்னணிப் பாடகர்களின் குடும்பங்கள் இன்று வறுமையால் வாடுகிறது. அவர்களின் வாழ்க்கைத்தரத்தை உயர்த்த தாங்கள் ஏதாவது நல்ல காரியம் செய்யக்கூடாதா?

கண்டிப்பா செய்யலாம். எனக்கும் அப்படி ஒரு ஐடியா இருக்கு. இதற்கு நான் ஒருத்தன் மட்டுமே உதவி செய்வதைவிட மற்றவர்களுடைய சப்போர்ட்டும் அவர்களுக்கு இருந்தால் இன்னும் பெரிய அளவில் உதவி கிடைக்கும்.

இசை மேதைகள் மொஸார்ட், பீத்தோவன் இவர்களோடு உங்களை ஒப்பிடலாமா?''

கண்டிப்பாக் கூடாது.

நீங்கள் இசையமைத்து எஸ்.பி.பி. பாடிய `ஜனகணமன' பாடலில் குறையுள்ளதாக பேசப்பட்டதே?

அப்படி எதுவும் இல்லைன்னு கோர்ட் சொல்லிவிட்டதே..

(இசை தொடரும்)

SoftSword
4th July 2008, 06:16 PM
wow....
enakkum ARR'kum orae taste...
How to name it is my favorite as well.... :)

A.ANAND
5th July 2008, 11:44 AM
my favorite also ir's 'how to name it'
pala murai ir thread-la poi yaarvathu link irutha kodunnga
download panna ketta,entha response'sum illa!oru velai
en pera pattu odipoyiranngalo!'avana nee' innu :lol:

viraajan
5th July 2008, 11:46 AM
anand, have you got a link to download? if so pls let me know :(

krish244
7th July 2008, 06:52 PM
ARR is expected to compose music for a Japanese movie starring Mohanlal and Jackie Chan!

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/jul/07albert.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

A.ANAND
9th July 2008, 07:24 AM
How time flies!
8 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST

It was a meeting that would have rekindled memories for both the people concerned.

Music composer AR Rahman and Harris Jayaraj, as the latter said on-screen at an awards ceremony recently, were meeting each other after almost seven years and would have definitely wondered how time flew in those years!

Harris Jayaraj was assisting Rahman for a few years before branching out on his own with Minnale, which caught the imagination of the masses.

Following that with peppy soundtracks in films such as 12 B, Lesa Lesa and Kaakha Kaakha, Harris emerged as a music director of reckoning in Kollywood. The fact that Rahman was concentrating on Bollywood films helped his growth too.

"We last met during the inauguration of my studio, almost seven years ago," recalled Harris. Though rumours of Harris showing "shades of Rahman" had been doing the rounds initially, the duo showed no signs of animosity at the event. It's good music that wins hearts at the end of the day, after all

viraajan
9th July 2008, 10:32 AM
Blaze sings a song in SK it seems. He has written a song in SK. :)

Ramakrishna
12th July 2008, 05:04 PM
Director Ameer said, ' I've made three films and have received accolades from many parts of the world including the Berlin Film Festival, but I am not able to work with Rahman and hope I could achieve this very soon'.

--------------------------------------------------------

I wud be very happy if Ameer, one of my fav directors, works with ARR.

coucou
12th July 2008, 05:24 PM
Director Ameer said, ' I've made three films and have received accolades from many parts of the world including the Berlin Film Festival, but I am not able to work with Rahman and hope I could achieve this very soon'.

Yes, it's my wish too :D ! there are so many years I haven't listen some rural songs from ARR!

Ramakrishna
12th July 2008, 05:25 PM

Yes, it's my wish too :D ! there are so many years I haven't listen some rural songs from ARR!

Does Ameer make only rural movies? :)

coucou
12th July 2008, 05:35 PM

:oops: Latest movie from ameer is paruthiveeran so i like him working with arr for movies like this! Anyway I would be very happy if he joins arr because he 's one of the top directors nowadays.
Between, cAn you please give me the source?

Ramakrishna
12th July 2008, 06:15 PM

:oops: Latest movie from ameer is paruthiveeran so i like him working with arr for movies like this! Anyway I would be very happy if he joins arr because he 's one of the top directors nowadays.
Between, cAn you please give me the source?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/39928.html

sat_srini
13th July 2008, 12:01 AM
ARR wins filmfare for Sivaji - source ARRYG.

:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

thineshan54321
13th July 2008, 12:03 AM

is this different from vijay awards?

littlemaster1982
13th July 2008, 12:04 AM
Is it true???? If so :victory: :victory: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump:

sat_srini
13th July 2008, 12:08 AM
This is the prestigious filmfare. BTW this is ARR's 22nd filmfare award (Most by a single person), including hindi and tamil.

is this different from vijay awards?

A.ANAND
13th July 2008, 08:03 AM
yehhhhhhhhhhh!!! :victory: :victory: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
13th July 2008, 08:30 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SoftSword
13th July 2008, 04:51 PM
great news...
ellaa pugazhum oruvan oruvanukkae....

viraajan
14th July 2008, 10:08 AM
Sakkarakatti rocks!! Best album of the year so far,

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/07/sakkarakatti-music-review.html

Thalafanz
14th July 2008, 10:11 AM

:thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

MADDY
14th July 2008, 12:04 PM

thanks Vinith :)

viraajan
14th July 2008, 12:19 PM

thanks Vinith :)

:) :) :)

NOV
14th July 2008, 12:43 PM
I read in Tamil Nesan today that Bharathi Raja wants to make ARR act in at least one film. :)

Ramakrishna
14th July 2008, 01:27 PM
I read in Tamil Nesan today that Bharathi Raja wants to make ARR act in at least one film. :)

That was what he told in his speech in Sakkarakatti audio launch.

SoftSword
14th July 2008, 01:35 PM

That was what he told in his speech in Sakkarakatti audio launch.

but there is 0% chance that ARR would agree to that....
unless its like how he appeared in a award function kind of scene in kandukondain kandukondain....

A.ANAND
14th July 2008, 03:20 PM
AR Rahman to compose music for Blue

IndiaFM | Friday, 11 July , 2008, 13:04

Music maestro AR Rahman has given some really diverse music this year. While he started the year with Ashutosh Gowariker's period film Jodhaa Akbar, he surprised everyone with the young and peppy tunes which he composed for Aamir Khan Productions' Jaane Tu匶a Jaane Na.

If you think that's all you get to hear of Rahman this year, then you are wrong. While his music for Subhash Ghai's magnum opus Yuvraaj is being awaited with bated breath, he is also composing the music for Aamir Khan's Ghajini.

And for all you die-hard Rahman fans, there is some more good news. The music maestro has also been roped in by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. to compose the music for their multi-starrer, Blue.

The film has been in the news recently as major portions of the film featuring actors like Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan and Katrina Kaif were shot in the exotic locations of Bahamas. With Rahman coming into the picture this ride only gets bigger and better.

A.ANAND
14th July 2008, 03:23 PM
[tscii:8acf29ef4e]Rahman to act in a Bharathiraja movie?
Jul 12, 2008, 16:10
Bharathiraja poured his heart out over the Sakarakatti audio launch and expressed his longing to cast A R Rahman in one of his movies.
In his address during the audio launch held yesterday at the Sathyam theatres, Bharathiraja declared that it was a difficult task to meet Rahman, leave alone getting his tunes.

He’s constantly flying between London, New York, and Paris. Getting his tunes is equivalent to extracting milk from a tigress,” Bharathiraja revealed to the invitees at the launch. “Besides, he is blessed with beautiful and expressive eyes which I would definitely put to use in one of my movies,” he added. Further, addressing Rahman he also reiterated that Rahman would be a part of one of his movies in the near future. Rahman acknowledged these comments with an occasional smile..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/tscii:8acf29ef4e]

Thalafanz
14th July 2008, 03:30 PM
Music directors do cameo roles.
The last thing Kollywood needs...
Ithu onnu thAn nadakAma irunthuchu. :sigh2:

MADDY
15th July 2008, 03:58 PM
Speaking on the occasion, Rahman said, ' I am a great fan of Yuvan Shankar Raja. I know him for the past two decades from the time I worked with Ilayaraja. Coming from the family of legends, he has established a place for himself with his unique style'.

has he gone mad.......y does he say such things :evil:

SoftSword
15th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Speaking on the occasion, Rahman said, ' I am a great fan of Yuvan Shankar Raja. I know him for the past two decades from the time I worked with Ilayaraja. Coming from the family of legends, he has established a place for himself with his unique style'.

periya alunga eppovum matthavangala patthi perumaya dhaan pesuvaanga....

MADDY
15th July 2008, 04:06 PM

true, how do they know how much their fans have fought for them against fans of the same ppl. who they praise :)

viraajan
15th July 2008, 04:26 PM

true, how do they know how much their fans have fought for them against fans of the same ppl. who they praise :)

Did he ask his fans to fight against Yuvan's or HJ's fans?
If fans of ARR fight against the fans of other MD, it doesn't mean he should not praise the talent!

A.ANAND
15th July 2008, 04:56 PM

avangga [ysr] tread-ikku naama [arr fans] pogama iruthale pothum.

A.ANAND
15th July 2008, 05:07 PM
oru velai ysr-kku[chinna payyan] innum nalla panna urchagam kodukka rahman solli irukkalam.entha ego illama!avarum valarum artist thane.namma thalaivar eppavume yaar manasum punn padama pesuvaru illaya!

MADDY
15th July 2008, 06:48 PM

avangga [ysr] tread-ikku naama [arr fans] pogama iruthale pothum.

i had no problems in ARR praising him.......even we praise u1.....but calling himself u1 fan is ridiculous........he has lowered himself by saying that IMO.......does u1 say he is fan of ARR ??

also, the producer of that movie is T.Siva who on record once said "arrahman isai ellam puyal madhiri vandhuttu poidum, ilayaraja isai mattum dhaan thenral madhiri eppavum irukkum" ......how can he attend function of such a guys' production.........konjamavadhu ego venaam :banghead: ........andha aal dhaan endha moonja vechikittu ARR-a invite pannaaan.......

baba88
15th July 2008, 07:03 PM
I think the reason why ARR said that is because he is out of TFM. Now he is ruling HFM so why shouldn't he praise the MDs in TFM. He is just composing for Tamil Music now just because he is Tamil otherwise he wouldn't even look to TFM anymore. Same to Mani Rathnam he is only directing Hindi movies and he is only dubbing them into Tamil because he is Tamil.

viraajan
15th July 2008, 07:04 PM
i had no problems in ARR praising him.......even we praise u1.....but calling himself u1 fan is ridiculous........he has lowered himself by saying that IMO.......does u1 say he is fan of ARR ??

I guess you are not aware of this fact. Yes. Yuvan has once told that he likes ARR very much!!! Dont remember the interview in which he said this!!!

Mahen
15th July 2008, 08:12 PM

I guess you are not aware of this fact. Yes. Yuvan has once told that he likes ARR very much!!! Dont remember the interview in which he said this!!!

Actually ARR was his inspiration..I watched an interview a very long time ago maybe 7-8 years ago, with both yuvan and karthik...One of the questions were 'who inspired them'..KArthik said IR and yuvan actually said ARRAHMAN!!! I was shocked...I can never forget that interview...

thineshan54321
15th July 2008, 08:22 PM

Actually ARR was his inspiration..I watched an interview a very long time ago maybe 7-8 years ago, with both yuvan and karthik...One of the questions were 'who inspired them'..KArthik said IR and yuvan actually said ARRAHMAN!!! I was shocked...I can never forget that interview...

and that is exactly why yuvan is better than karthik!!!! haha...

there is no prob in arr saying he is a fan of yuvan. by saying that he has only said he is a fan of himself and IR... if u get what i mean...

viraajan
15th July 2008, 08:27 PM
I have very often noticed that Yuvan always mentions ARR and few other hollywood MDs.

Mahen
15th July 2008, 08:37 PM
http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/saroja_audio_launch/pages/image040.html
-MAddy i think ARR is really a fan of yuvan:) Arr hugged him just like his little bro...Such a great human being..You should be proud of him

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/saroja_audio_launch/pages/image019.html
-Did you guys notice ARR's attire nowadays?? :D OOHo Illamai!! :D
Btw, how come he's so free to attend audio launches??

viraajan
15th July 2008, 08:56 PM
hugging image is really good

MADDY
15th July 2008, 09:36 PM
http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/saroja_audio_launch/pages/image040.html
-MAddy i think ARR is really a fan of yuvan:) Arr hugged him just like his little bro...Such a great human being..You should be proud of him

:shock: :lol: .....naa onnum sollarathukku illa.......ilichhavayan-nnu jananga sollama irundha seri :)

rsubras
15th July 2008, 11:21 PM
maddy....i respect and have favored ur views for most of ur other posts..... but not this particular view...athu sari s.j.suryah than arr ku life koduthaar nu sonnappave u have degraded ARR a lot...athuku mela ithellam onnume illae......

fans naama sandai pottukarom..so how can he praise yuvan like that nu solrathu is kindaa childish imho :D, naama onnum actor oda fans illaiye..oru true human being oda fan......... am proud of ARR...and if there is something i love from ARR more than his music is...it is his humility........ intha maathiri makkal thaan jeyichitte irukkanum to be a real positive inspiration for millions out there...again this is very much imho and no offense to u :D

thineshan54321
16th July 2008, 12:04 AM
hey guys, littlemaster pointed out something in ohh lalala:
the track has different volume levels at different time. if u quickly go from the beginning parts to ending parts, ull notice this. is ARR crecendoing the entire track to build up energy? i noticed after the 2nd interlude, it gets louder. is this a flaw in recording or a sound game played by Rahman? check ur copies for this. the copy i am referring to is an mp3 and a pyramid version.

A.ANAND
16th July 2008, 06:57 AM
maddy....i respect and have favored ur views for most of ur other posts..... but not this particular view...athu sari s.j.suryah than arr ku life koduthaar nu sonnappave u have degraded ARR a lot...athuku mela ithellam onnume illae......

fans naama sandai pottukarom..so how can he praise yuvan like that nu solrathu is kindaa childish imho :D, naama onnum actor oda fans illaiye..oru true human being oda fan......... am proud of ARR...and if there is something i love from ARR more than his music is...it is his humility........ intha maathiri makkal thaan jeyichitte irukkanum to be a real positive inspiration for millions out there...again this is very much imho and no offense to u :D :clap: :yes: it's true.
yuvan-nukku urchagam kodukkave rahman solli appdi solli iruppar.innum nalla pannanum innu.but yuvan also arr's great fan.ella interview-layum yuvan solli irukkar.ennoda isaiyil rahman style irukku innu avare kumudam interview-la ottukittar.ithu pothatha!

Mahen
16th July 2008, 08:07 AM

fans naama sandai pottukarom..so how can he praise yuvan like that nu solrathu is kindaa childish imho :D, naama onnum actor oda fans illaiye..oru true human being oda fan......... am proud of ARR...and if there is something i love from ARR more than his music is...it is his humility........ intha maathiri makkal thaan jeyichitte irukkanum to be a real positive inspiration for millions out there...again this is very much imho and no offense to u :D

Well said :clap:

kham
16th July 2008, 08:09 AM
Im really dissapointed with such known fans being do immature...
ARR n his fame is world known n whole india known... Thr is no necessity for ARR to get accolades from u1 or whoever...
But whatever ARR said abt u1 is really something to cherish for u1 in his life...

Dont worry abt other fans n thr comments coz clearly they r a BUNCH OF JOKERS...

MADDY
16th July 2008, 08:27 AM

SJS is not a untouchable to me.........he did bring back ARR in TFM - big way, amongst continous string of flops......if that is not a favor i dunno wat is..he is HC fan like me/us, he did his best to project ARR in good light.....btw, do u know how much of difference did 6.5 kodi song made in C centres.....that single handedly demolishhed the view that ARR avoids chennai/TN.......anyways, how does that relate to the discussion here?

rsubras, for me there is ARRahman and no one else....call me a child or a child abuser......also, did u read wat that producer had said abt ARR in 90's...how can he go to the function of such a guy's production.......god, where are the BP tablets :P

dinesh2002
16th July 2008, 08:46 AM
I think the reason why ARR said that is because he is out of TFM. Now he is ruling HFM so why shouldn't he praise the MDs in TFM. He is just composing for Tamil Music now just because he is Tamil otherwise he wouldn't even look to TFM anymore. Same to Mani Rathnam he is only directing Hindi movies and he is only dubbing them into Tamil because he is Tamil.

Baba, ithe nalla vithathile solluringala illai ARR and Mani Hindi'le romba seiyarange'le kadupule solluringala?? :lol:

A.ANAND
16th July 2008, 09:17 AM
ராஜா இசையை வெளியிட்ட ரஹ்மான்!
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

ரஹ்மான் | சரோஜா மீண்டும் தான் ஒரு ஜென்டில்மேன் என்பதை நிரூபித்துவிட்டார் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்.

அதற்கு நேற்று நடந்த வெங்கட் பிரபுவின் சரோஜா திரை இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா ஒரு மிகச் சிறந்த எடுத்துக்காட்டு.

இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் மகன் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா இசையமைத்த இந்த சரோஜா திரைப்படத்தின் ஆடியோ சிடியை வெளிட்டவர் யார் தெரியுமா... சாட்சாத் நம் 'மெட்ராஸ் மொசார்ட்' ரஹ்மான்தான்!

சிடியை வெளியிட்டது மட்டுமல்ல, விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த மொத்த விஐபிக்களுக்கும் தானாகவே அவர்களிருக்கும் இடத்துக்குப் போய் சிடிக்களைக் கொடுத்தவரும் ரஹ்மான்தான்.

பின்னர் மைக்கப் பிடித்தவர்,

நான் 23 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு இளையராஜாவிடம் கீ போர்டு வாசிப்பவராகச் சேர்ந்தேன். அப்போது வீட்டின் ஒரு மூலையிருந்து அங்கிள்... என்று ஒரு சிறுவன் குரல் கொடுப்பான் அடிக்கடி. அந்த சிறுவன்தான் இன்று யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா எனும் பிரமாண்ட இசைக் கலைஞராய் வளர்ந்து நிற்கிறார். பெருமையாக இருக்கிறது.

இளையராஜா என்ற மாபெரும் இசை மேதையின் குடும்பத்திலிருந்து வந்த யுவன், தன் சுய முயற்சியால் யாரையும் பின்பற்றாமல் புது பாணியில் இசையமைக்கிறார். அருமையாகச் செய்கிறார். வாழ்த்துக்கள், என ரஹ்மான் வாழ்த்த அரங்கம் கரவொலியில் அதிர்ந்தது.

விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த இயக்குநர் பாரதிராஜா, ரஹ்மானின் இந்த வாழ்த்துரையிலும், அவர் நடந்து கொண்ட விதத்திலும் நெகிழ்ந்து போய் பாராட்டினார். இதுதான்யா நம்ம பண்பாடு. நீ எப்பவும் நம்மாளுய்யா... அதை ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் நிரூபிச்சிட்டே... என்றார் ரஹ்மானிடம்.

சில ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் இளையராஜா தனது திருவாசகம் ஆரட்டோரியோ அறிமுக விழாவுக்கு ரஹ்மானை அழைத்திருந்தார். மிகச் சரியான நேரத்துக்கு விழாவுக்கு வந்த ரஹ்மான், ராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்டு மிகவும் சிலிர்த்துப்போய் ஒரு மோதிரத்தை ராஜாவின் கையில் அணிவித்தது நினைவிருக்கலாம்.

கலைஞர்கள் உணர்வாலும், இசையாலும் எப்போதும் ஒரே மாதிரியிருக்க, அவர்களது ரசிகர்கள் மட்டும் பிரிவினையில் அடித்துக் கொள்வது எத்தனை சிறுபிள்ளைத்தனமானது என்பதை நிரூபித்த இன்னொரு நிகழ்ச்சிதான் சரோஜா இசைவிழா.

வெல்டன் ரஹ்மான்!

viraajan
16th July 2008, 09:23 AM
Rahman praising yuvan shows how humble he is and hwat a down to earth person he is!!! ARR fans must be proud of him!!!

coucou
16th July 2008, 02:44 PM
Daily Thanthi - July 16, 2008 Page Nos. 23

" Why arent you composing music for films which arouses feelings and sensations ( unarvu reediyaga in tamil...) ? is the question put to ARR by Dir. Amir.

A.R. Rahman is an Isai Puyal. He has created a sensation all through out the world, through his music. Now, he is not in this venue, but still, I have a question to be asked to him.

" He is composing music only for films with commercial interests. Why hasnt he composed for films which have a deep subject ?. He has composed music for K. Balachander with 40 years of experience, Bharathiraaja with 30 years of experience. why hasnt he composed music for Directors like me ?. Whats the reason for him not to consider ourselves as a Director ?.

source: Yahoo Group
:roll:

dinesh2002
16th July 2008, 03:00 PM

" Why arent you composing music for films which arouses feelings and sensations ( unarvu reediyaga in tamil...) ? is the question put to ARR by Dir. Amir.

A.R. Rahman is an Isai Puyal. He has created a sensation all through out the world, through his music. Now, he is not in this venue, but still, I have a question to be asked to him.

" He is composing music only for films with commercial interests. Why hasnt he composed for films which have a deep subject ?. He has composed music for K. Balachander with 40 years of experience, Bharathiraaja with 30 years of experience. why hasnt he composed music for Directors like me ?. Whats the reason for him not to consider ourselves as a Director ?.

LOOOOOOOLLLLL :lol2:

im speechless.... he must be this man who stays in village all his life.... :P ... hasnt he heard of ARR's Hindi films which has deep subjects? nor heard of ARRahman been working with new directors all the while????

semma kamedi panurare..... :lol:

SoftSword
16th July 2008, 03:02 PM
good question...
but its not true that he composes only for commercial and established directors....
there are lots of instances where he has worked with new comers... there are lots of recent examples....
and he has also done some movies like sangamam but not in the recent times as he is not fulltime working in tamil....

viraajan
16th July 2008, 03:08 PM
Ameer would hav mentioned ARR's of late tamil albums i think.
ARR has become very choosy in doing tamil films of late. He is working with only couple of movies a year almost all of them are Commercial. Ameer is a new dir who came only in 2002!! So this may be a reason why he felt so!! The statement of "not working with new directors" cannot be accepted. Coz, films such as SOk, Sakkarakatti have new dirs.

This is just my Opinion!!!

ansa400
16th July 2008, 03:27 PM

ITs not that he doesn't want to compose, may be he hasn't had the opportunity to work with. In Bollywood its the other way round. Look at Swades, Bose, Zubeida etc.. only now he's into commercial movies in hindi.. Well looks like most of the directors are crazy to work with ARR... Gautham, now Ameer, may be Selvaraghavan would also work in the future...

A.ANAND
16th July 2008, 03:45 PM
i think he want make movie with arr[athukkuthan evalo bildup]hero-va nadikkama irutha sari!

ansa400
16th July 2008, 03:47 PM
i think he want make movie with arr[athukkuthan evalo bildup]hero-va nadikkama irutha sari!

Yeah, I guess very soon Ameer will team up with ARR....

viraajan
16th July 2008, 03:52 PM

He has already revealed his desire to work with ARR few days back!!!

A.ANAND
16th July 2008, 05:08 PM
after gautham menon,there are long list of hit director are waiting green signal from rahman.selva ragavan,ameer,vengkat prabu,vishnu....

ArulprakasH
16th July 2008, 09:24 PM

I too read that. I think it was in AV or Kumudham... U1 said that he likes ARR very much and he got easily inspired by him and most of his generations MD do...

rsubras
16th July 2008, 09:44 PM
SJS is not a untouchable to me.........he did bring back ARR in TFM - big way, amongst continous string of flops......if that is not a favor i dunno wat is..he is HC fan like me/us, he did his best to project ARR in good light.....btw, do u know how much of difference did 6.5 kodi song made in C centres.....that single handedly demolishhed the view that ARR avoids chennai/TN.......anyways, how does that relate to the discussion here?

rsubras, for me there is ARRahman and no one else....call me a child or a child abuser......also, did u read wat that producer had said abt ARR in 90's...how can he go to the function of such a guy's production.......god, where are the BP tablets :P

dude.... there is a diff between an ordinary man and a great man.... great men mocks at abusing ppl by being genuine and nicer to them...while ordinary men flare up little issues and develop into bigger ones...... arent we proud that ARR is a great guy :) at least i am proud of ARR for these kinds of facts... i.e staying above nonsensical stuffs....

>>anyways, how does that relate to the discussion here?

Just to quote only other instance where i was not concurring with ur views :) i still believe that whenever rahman wanted to score in TFM, he could chose a film and let his music make waves... just that it happened to be SJS @ that point of time.... though agree the fact that SJS had good musical sense (combined with story sense) required for the present TFM industry...

baba88
16th July 2008, 10:45 PM
I think SJS is a great director. He only needs to stop the vulgar thoughts then he is gonna be very successful.

A.ANAND
17th July 2008, 07:36 AM
Ameer targets A.R. Rahman
Jul 16, 2008, 18:41

The organizers of the audio launch function of Saroja were in for some uneasy moments when the director-turned-actor Ameer took the mike to address the gathering. Speaking at the function, he posed a question to ace music director A.R. Rahman, who incidentally was not present at the venue, as to why he prefers commercial films and

avoided composing music for emotion-oriented films. He also wanted to know why A.R. Rahman refused to consider budding directors like him but readily agrees to compose music for experienced directors like Bharathiraja and Balachander. It is also to be noted that during the Sakarakatti audio launch, Ameer expressed his desire to meet Rahman personally in the near future.

A.ANAND
17th July 2008, 08:07 AM
அமீருக்கு என்ன ஆச்சு...!
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

அமீர் | ஏஆர் ரஹ்மான | சக்கரகட்டி சக்கரகட்டி இசை வெளியீட்டுவிழா. இடம் சத்யம் சினிமாஸ். ஏஆர் ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்த இந்தப் படத்தின் இசை வெளியீடு முடிந்ததும் வாழ்த்திப் பேச அழைக்கப்பட்டார் அமீர்.

அவர் பேசுகையில்,

இந்தப் படத்துக்கு நிஜமான ஹீரோ ரஹ்மான்தான் என்பது இந்த இரு பாடல்களைக் கேட்டவுடனே தெரிந்துவிட்டது. இந்தியாவே, ஏன் உலகமே வியந்து பார்க்கும் கலைஞன் ரஹ்மான். அவர் உலகமெல்லாம் பறந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறார். அவர் இசைக்கு அப்படியொரு தேவை உலகம் முழுக்க...

ஆனால் பக்கத்திலேயே இருக்கிறேன், என்னால் அவரிடம் போக முடியவில்லை. காரணம், நாம் போய் அவர் வீட்டுக் கதவைத் தட்டினால் நம்மைச் சேர்த்துக் கொள்வாரா, நம்மிடம் பேசுவாரா... நம் படத்துக்கெல்லாம் இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக் கொள்வாரா என்ற சந்தேகம்தான், என்று ஏக்கத்துடன் பேசிவிட்டு ரஹமானுக்குப் பக்கத்து இருக்கையில் போய் அமர்ந்தார்.

உடனே ரஹ்மான், நீங்கள் எப்போதும் என் வீட்டுக்கு வரலாம். யாரும் எளிதில் அணுகக் கூடிய தூரத்தில்தான் என் வீடு உள்ளது, நானும்தான், என குறும்பாகக் கூறிச் சிரிக்கிறார்.

மூன்று தினங்களுக்குப் பிறகு, வேறொரு மேடை.

சரோஜா படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா.

யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா இசையமைத்த இந்தப் படத்தின் இசையை, இந்தியாவின் நெம்பர் ஒன் இசையமப்பாளர் ரஹ்மான் வெளியிடுகிறார். அவருடன் அதே மேடையில் நின்று அவருக்கு கைகுலுக்குகிறார் அமீர்.

சிறப்பாக இசையமைத்திருந்த யுவனை மனதார வாழ்த்திவிட்டு ரஹ்மான் சென்றுவிட, சிறிது நேரம் கழித்து மைக் பிடிக்கிறார் அமீர்.

இந்தியாவின் முன்னணி இசையமைப்பாளர் ரஹ்மான்தான். அவர் ஒரு இசைப்புயல்தான். உலகம் முழுவதும் பிரமிப்பை ஏற்படுத்திய இசையமைப்பாளர்தான். அவர் இப்போது இந்த மண்டபத்தில் இல்லை. என்றாலும் அவரிடம் நான் ஒரு கேள்வி கேட்க விரும்புகிறேன்.

அவர் வணிக ரீதியான படங்களுக்கு மட்டுமே இசையமைக்கிறார். உணர்வு ரீதியான படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்காதது ஏன்? 40 வருடங்கள் அனுபவமுள்ள கே.பாலசந்தர், 30 வருட அனுபவம் உள்ள பாரதிராஜா போன்றவர்களின் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்கிறார்.

என்னைப் போன்ற இயக்குநர்களின் படங்களுக்கு ஏன் இசையமைப்பதில்லை? அவருக்கு நாங்களெல்லாம் இயக்குநர்களாகவே தெரியவில்லையா, அவரது அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்கும் அளவுக்கு நாங்கள் இன்னும் இயக்குநர்களாக வளரவில்லையா... எங்களை டைரக்டராகவே பரிசீலனை செய்யாததற்கு என்ன காரணம்? இது தெரிந்தாக வேண்டும் என்றார்.

பின்னர், என் வாழ்நாளில் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவைப் போன்ற நல்லவரைப் பார்த்தே இல்லை. அத்தனை அற்புதமான இளைஞர். நல்ல மனிதர். அவரது குழுவில் நானும் ஒருவனாக இருக்கிறேன் என்பதே பெருமையாக உள்ளது என்றார்.

தன்னுடைய ஒரு படத்துக்காவது ரஹ்மான் இசை அமைக்க மாட்டாரா என்ற ஏக்கத்தை, தனக்கு இப்போது நல்ல இசையைக் கொடுத்து வரும் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவின் மேடையிலேயே வெளிப்படுத்தியது, யுவனை மட்மல்ல, விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த பலரையும் நெளிய வைத்தது.

என்ன ஆச்சு அமீர்?

MADDY
17th July 2008, 08:56 AM
for me, Ameer is the best director of new wave ahead of gautam or selva raghavan........ARRahman should do a film, even if its for free, with Ameer 8-) .....

hey, but who knew a balumahendra assistant was so eager to work with ARRahman :lol: ..........ARRahman doesent work with even old time frnds like pravin kanth(director of star and rakshagan)......he only works for ppl. and not for projects..........SOK was a exception...

btw, just to relax some anxious people from U1 group - the list of new directors who wish to work with ARR is - gautam, Ameer, selva - thats all....no vishnu - i dunno where vishnu came from :lol: ....agreed, he is mani's relative but neednt share his ARR admiration :) :lol:

A.ANAND
17th July 2008, 09:19 AM
vishnu mani's relative-ah?? :confused2: but i know he is one of the child artist in 'anjali'

MADDY
17th July 2008, 10:17 AM
vishnu mani's relative-ah?? :confused2: but i know he is one of the child artist in 'anjali'

//disgr//yup, he is relative of GV's wife - maniratnam's anni.....//end disgr//

A.ANAND
17th July 2008, 01:00 PM

//disgr//yup, he is relative of GV's wife - maniratnam's anni.....//end disgr//
wow!

A.ANAND
17th July 2008, 03:37 PM
முதல்வரை சந்தித்த ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்முதல்வர் கருணாநிதியை அவரது கோபாலபுரம் இல்லத்தில் நேற்று மாலை சந்தித்தார் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்.

சுமார் அரைமணிநேரம் நடந்த இந்த சந்திப்பு மரியாதை நிமித்தமானது என அரசு செய்திக் குறிப்பில் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

சர்வதேச தரத்தில் கேஎம் மியூசிக் கன்சர்வேட்டரி எனும் பெயரில் இசைக் கல்லூரி மற்றும் பல்கலைக் கழகம் அமைக்கும் பணியில் தற்போது மும்முரமாக இறங்கியுள்ளார் ரஹ்மான். இந்த இசைக் கல்லூரியின் நிறுவனர் மற்றும் முதல்வராகவும் செயல்படுகிறார். தற்போது கோடம்பாக்கத்தில் தற்காலிக கட்டடத்தில் இயங்கிவரும் இந்த இசைக் கல்லூரி, விரைவில் மீனம்பாக்கம் அருகே கட்டப்பட்டு வரும் வளாகத்துக்கு மாறப்போகிறது.

இந்த இசைக் கல்லூரி கட்டுமானப் பணிகளுக்கான அரசின் அனுமதி மற்றும் மற்றும் துவக்க விழா குறித்து முதல்வரிடம் கலந்து பேசவே ரஹ்மான் இன்று கோபாலபுரம் இல்லத்தில் கலைஞரைச் சந்தித்ததாகக் கூறப்படுகிறது.
source:www.thatstamil.com

SoftSword
17th July 2008, 06:48 PM
ARR interview to asianet:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrC7QNkpSs&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPXTEjX184&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_aGa56_BQ&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DbRYeJiIo&feature=related

thineshan54321
18th July 2008, 03:10 AM
guys is it true that there is a theme music with Boys? i have ayngaran CD and its not there!

dinesh2002
18th July 2008, 08:15 AM
Guys, i have created a Winamp skin of A.R.Rahman.... do download and comment.... :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1gmec1ymemu

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 08:41 AM
dinesh,what happen your arrahman cool.net?

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 09:04 AM
ARR interview to asianet:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrC7QNkpSs&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPXTEjX184&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_aGa56_BQ&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DbRYeJiIo&feature=related
ithathan erkanave pathache sir!

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 03:14 PM
Is 'Marmayogi' a musical?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 18, 2008]

Kamal Haasan's 'Marmayogi', is all set to hit the floors very soon. A. R. Rahman joins hands with Kamal Haasan after a long gap for the movie.

The music maestro, who is making waves in the Tamil and Hindi film industries had recently stated in an interview that Kamal has demanded many songs for the film, as the script had ample scope for music.

To a question on Kamal's reported remarks that movies should be made without songs, Rahman said, 'I don't think so. If it is the case, then why would Kamal ask for more songs to be incorporated in 'Marmayogi'.

'Marmayogi' will have new and interesting music, says Rahman.

The ace music director is a happy man for his 'Sakkarakatti' audio is doing terrific business, while 'Sultan - The Warrior' and 'Robot' are getting ready

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 05:08 PM
அமீர் - சொன்னது சரிதானா?
By JBR
இயக்குனர் அமீர் நிகழ்ச்சியொன்றில் எழுப்பிய கேள்வி சர்ச்சையை உருவாக்கியுள்ளது.

சமீபத்தில் நடந்த சினிமா நிகழ்ச்சியொன்றில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை விமர்சித்துப் பேசினார் அமீர். பாலசந்தர், பாரதிராஜா போன்ற அனுபவசாலிகளின் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்கும் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஏன் எங்களைப் போன்றவர்களின் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைப்பதில்லை? எங்களைப் பார்த்தால் இயக்குனர்களாக தெரியவில்லையா என்று விமர்சித்தவர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமான படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்க முன்வராதது ஏன் என்றும் கேள்வி எழுப்பினார்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இல்லாத நிகழ்ச்சியொன்றில் அமீர் எழுப்பிய இந்த கேள்விகள் ரஹ்மான் ரசிகர்களிடையே அதிருப்தியை ஏற்படுத்தியுள்ளது.

ரஹ்மான் அனுபவசாலி இயக்குனர்களுக்கு மட்டுமின்றி அறிமுக இயக்குனர்களின் படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைத்துள்ளார் என்கிறார்கள் அவர்கள். 'சில்லுனு ஒரு காதல்', 'அழகிய தமிழ் மகன்', 'சக்கரகட்டி' படங்களெல்லாம் அந்த இய்ககுனர்களின் முதல் படங்கள்தான் என உதாரணம் காட்டுகிறார்கள்.

தீபா மேத்தாவின் ஃபயர் வாட்டர், அமீர்கானின் லகான், ரங்தே பசந்தி எல்லாம் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமான படங்களாக அமீருக்கு தெரியவில்லையா என அவர்கள் ஆவேசப்படுகின்றனர்.

பருத்திவீரன் வெற்றிக்குப் பிறகு மணிரத்னம், கமல், ரஹ்மான் என பிரபலங்களை குறிவைத்து அமீர் தாக்கி வருவதாகவும் அவர்கள் குற்றம் சாட்டினர். ஒரு வெற்றிக்கே இந்த அலட்டலா என்பது அவர்கள் கேள்வி.

என்ன பதில் சொல்லப் போகிறார் அமீர்?

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 05:55 PM
A.R.RAHMAN ANSWER IN KUMUDAM

23.07.08 சினிமா
எம். மோகன், வேலூர்.

இசையில் நீங்கள் சாதித்து விட்டீர்கள் என்று நினைக்கிறீர்களா?

ற இசையென்பது ரன்னிங் ரேஸ் கிடையாது. அது ஒரு ஆன்மிகப் பயணம்னு சொல்லலாம். அதாவது, சில பேர் அதை நல்லாயிருக்கும்னு சொன்னாலும் நம்பமுடியாது. ஓஹோன்னு சொன்னாலும் அதை நம்பமுடியாது. வரும் தலைமுறை ஒருவேளை எதிலெதில் முத்து இருக்கிறதோ, அதை மட்டும் கோர்த்து மாலையா பண்ணணும்.

ஆர். நாராயணன், சேலம்.

உங்களைக் கவர்ந்த அரசியல் தலைவர் யார்?

ற உமர். நபிகள் நாயகம் ஆட்சி புரிந்த பிறகு உமர் என்பவர் ஆட்சி புரிந்தார். இருந்தாலும், கயிற்றுக் கட்டிலில் படுப்பதும், மற்றவர்களுக்கு உதவுவதில் ஒரு சர்வண்ட் போல் ரொம்பவும் எளிமையாக வாழ்ந்தார். இதையெல்லாம் அவரின் வாழ்க்கை வரலாற்றைப் படித்துத் தெரிந்து கொண்டேன். இவருக்குப் பிறகு மகாத்மா காந்தியை எனக்கு ரொம்பப் பிடிக்கும். உலகத் தலைவர்கள் பற்றி அப்படியொன்றும் பெரிசா தெரியாவிட்டாலும், என்னைப் பாதித்த வெகுசிலரில் இவர்கள் மிகவும் முக்கியமானவங்க. ஒரு நல்ல அரசியல் தலைவர்னா பொறுமை, சகிப்புத்தன்மை இருக்கணும். பணக்காரன், ஏழை, நல்லவன், கெட்டவன் இப்படி பிரித்துப் பார்க்காமல் எல்லோரையும் சமமாய் நடத்தத் தெரிந்திருக்கணும். நாட்டுநலனைப் பெரிசா மதிக்கணும்.

ஆர், ராமசுப்ரமணியன், கோவை.

உங்களுடைய நீண்ட நாள் கனவான இசைப்பள்ளி தொடங்கி ஆகிவிட்டது. அடுத்தது...?

ற இசைப்பள்ளி என் முதல்கட்டம். அதைத் தொடங்கியாச்சு. அடுத்தகட்டம், அதற்கு அடுத்தகட்டம்னு நிறைய FACES இருக்கு. அவை ஒவ்வொன்றையும் பூர்த்தி செய்து அதை ஒரு moral school ஆக்கணும். அதை எப்படி அச்சீவ் பண்ணணும்கிற நினைப்பு மட்டுமே என்னுள் இருக்கு.

வே. சித்ரா, கும்மிடிப்பூண்டி.

உலகில் இசையை நேசிக்காதது எந்த நாடு?

ற இசையை நேசிக்காத நாடே கிடையாது. இசையென்பது உலகம் முழுக்க பொதுவான ஒரு மொழி. ரசிக்காத நாடு ஏதாவது உங்களுக்குத் தெரிந்தால் சொல்லுங்கள்.

வ. பாலு, நாச்சியார் கோவில்.

வறுமையோடு போராடினால் வெற்றிகிட்டுமா?

ற வெற்றிக்கு வறுமை, பணக்காரன், ஏழை என்பதெல்லாம் கிடையாது. ஒருவேளை அப்படியிருந்தாலும், அது குறைந்த சதவிகிதமாகத்தான் இருக்கும். வெற்றிக்கு குறிக்கோள்தான் முக்கியம். அதை மனசுக்குள் ஒரு ஸ்டிராங் ஃபவுண்டேஷனாக விதைக்கணும். அப்படிச் செய்தால் என்றாவது ஒரு நாள் வெற்றி நிச்சயம். ஏன்னா உள்ளுக்குள் ஒரு டிவைண்ட் செல்ஃப் (Devind Self) இருக்கும். அந்த செல்ஃப்தான் வெற்றி.

சுரேஷ், விருகம்பாக்கம்.

பாவம் செய்து கொண்டேயிருக்கும், மனிதர்களைப் பற்றி நீங்கள் என்ன நினைப்பீர்கள்?

ற நாம எல்லோரும் எல்லாவற்றையும் ஜட்ஜ் பண்ண ஆரம்பிக்கிறோம். இவன் பாவம் பண்ணியிருக்கான். இவன் புண்ணியம் பண்ணி இருக்கான். இவன் யோக்யமானவன், இவன் மோசமானவன் என்று எல்லாத்தையும் பிரிச்சுப் பார்க்கிறோம். இப்படி எதுவுமே இல்லாமல் கொஞ்சம் ஆழமா ஊடுருவிப் பார்த்தால் அது புரியும். எப்படின்னா மோசமான ஒருத்தன் ஒரு சின்ன நல்ல காரியம் பண்ணியிருந்தால் கூட போதும், அவனோட பாவங்கள் மன்னிக்கப்படலாம். அதேபோல் நல்லவன் ஒருவன் சின்ன பாவகாரியம் செய்தால் கூட வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் அவன் பாவம் செய்கிறவனாகிவிடுகிறான். இது எதுவுமே நம்மகிட்ட கிடையாது. நம்ம எண்ணத்தையும் செயலையும் பொறுத்துதான் இருக்கும்.

ஷேக், உதகமண்டலம்.

ரஹ்மான்ஜி! ஹாலிவுட், பாலிவுட் என்று இசையமைக்க ஓயாமல் பறந்துகொண்டிருக்கிறீர்கள் மகிழ்ச்சி. உங்களிடமிருந்து கர்நாடக சங்கீத அடிப்படையிலான பாடல்களைக் கேட்கவே முடியாதா?

ற வெகுவிரைவில் கேட்கலாம்.

சுவாமிநாதன், மன்னார்குடி.

சுகமான வேதனை என்று எதைச் சொல்லலாம்?

ற வாழும் வாழ்க்கையைத்தான்.

பர்வீன்பானு, ராசிபுரம்.

ஆன்ம அமைதிக்காகத்தான் நீங்கள் இஸ்லாத்தைத் தழுவி இருக்கிறீர்கள். கோடிக்கணக்கான இஸ்லாமிய ஏழைகள் பாதுகாப்பின்றி வாழ்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறார்களே ஏன் இந்த ஏற்றத்தாழ்வு....?

ற இஸ்லாம் மட்டும் தனியா சொல்லலே. இங்கே நிறைய நீஷீனீனீ–ஸீவீ‡ஹ் இருக்கு. முக்கியமான அந்த நீஷீனீனீ–ஸீவீ‡ஹ் க்கு நிறைய றீமீணீபீமீக்ஷீகள் தேவை. இப்படி ஒவ்வொரு துறையிலும் லீடர்கள் இருந்தால் குறிப்பிட்ட அந்த நீஷீனீனீ–ஸீவீ‡ஹ் முன்னேறும். அப்படி இல்லாமல் இது தப்பு, அது தப்புன்னு சில விஷயங்களைப் பண்றதால ஒட்டுமொத்த நீஷீனீனீ–ஸீவீ‡ஹ்யும் ƒஜீஷீவீறீ ஆயிடுது. நல்லது பண்ணினோமானால் அது அந்த கம்யூனிட்டிக்கு மட்டுமில்லை. ஒட்டுமொத்த மனிதாபிமானமும் அதில் நிறைந்திருக்கிறது. இப்படிப்பட்ட எண்ணம் எல்லோருக்கும் வரணும். கிறிஸ்துவமோ, இஸ்லாமோ, ஹிந்துவோ எந்த சமூகமாக இருந்தாலும், அது நம்நாட்டின் நலனுக்காக மட்டுமிருக்க வேண்டும். எல்லா வேதத்திலும் நல்ல விஷயம் இருக்கு. அதைப் படித்துத் தெரிந்து கொள்ளும்போதுதான் அதற்குப் பெருமை. நாங்கள் சொல்றது `அஸ்லாம் அலேக்கும்,' அப்படின்னா இங்கு எல்லோருக்கும் அமைதி உண்டாகட்டும்னு எல்லா மதத்திற்கும் சேர்த்துதான் பொதுவாக சொல்லப்பட்டிருக்கு. அதேபோல்தான் கிறிஸ்துவத்தில் `இங்கு சமத்துவம், சமாதானம் நிலவட்டு'மென்பார்கள். இந்துக்கள் `ஓம் சாந்தி ஓம்' என்பார்கள். இப்படி எல்லா மதமும் அமைதியைத்தான் விரும்புகிறது.

சிவசுப்ரமணியன், மேட்டூர்.

ஹலோ சார், தாய்க்குப் பின் தாரம் என்பது சரிதானே?

ற கண்டிப்பாக சரிதான். அதே சமயம் தாரமும் ஒரு தாய்தானே.

தாசன், கோவை.

புகழின் உச்சியைத் தொட்டுவிட்ட இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, தான் பிறந்த மண்ணை இன்றுவரை மறக்கவில்லை. இனியும் மறக்கப் போவதில்லை! ஆனால், இதுவரை நீங்கள் பிறந்த ஊரைப் பற்றி வாய் திறந்ததில்லையே... அது ஏன்?

ற `தாய் மண்ணே வணக்கம்' என்று ஒரு பாட்டே பாடியாச்சு. அதற்கு மேல் என்ன சொல்லணும்.

ராஜா, சேலம்.

தாங்கள் இசையமைத்த மெலோடி பாடலில் உங்களுக்குப் பிடித்த பாடல் எது? இளையராஜா இசையமைத்த மெலோடி பாடல்களில் நீங்கள் அடிக்கடி முணுமுணுக்கும் பாடல் எது? தயவு செய்து தவிர்க்காமல் பதில் சொல்லவும்?

ற நான் இசையமைத்த மெலோடின்னா `ஜில்லுன்னு ஒரு காதல்' படத்தில் `நியூயார்க் நகரம்..!' இளையராஜா இசையமைத்த துன்னா `ஜானி' படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற `காற்றில் வரும் கீதம்..' என்ற பாடல்தான்.

அய்யங்கோட்டையான், திருவொற்றியூர்.

புகழ்பெற்ற பின்னணிப் பாடகர் டி.எம். சௌந்தரராஜனை நீங்கள் இன்னும் உங்கள் இசையில் பாட வைக்கவில்லையே ஏன்?

ற விரைவில் பாடப்போகிறார். மற்றபடி காரணம் ஏதும் பெரிசாயில்லை.

நிஜாமுதீன், திருச்சி.

நல்ல சினிமாவுக்குப் பாடல்கள் ஒரு தடைக்கல் என்று சொல்லி வருபவர் நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசன். அதை நான் ஏற்கவும் செய்கிறேன். நீங்கள் எப்படி?

ற அப்படியா! கமல்ஹாசனின் அடுத்த படமான `மர்ம யோகி'க்கு நிறையப் பாடல்கள் வேணும்னு கேட்டிருக்கிறாரே..

-சந்துரு
படங்கள்:ஆர்.சண்முகம், சித்ராமணி

dinesh2002
18th July 2008, 05:58 PM
dinesh,what happen your arrahman cool.net?

ohh anand, tthat 1 ah... well, i failed to update the site often, couldnt find the time, so the server deleted my account... :( ..

nvm... there are many better sites for him... :)

dinesh2002
18th July 2008, 06:12 PM
[tscii:e77b4c4500] A talent from Rahman’s stable
July 18, 2008

Pasupathy is on a roll now. He has been continuously committed to film after film and the talented star is certainly enjoying his work. After wrapping up Kuselan with the super star, he has moved on to Vedigundu Murugesan which is touted to be a comedy caper. Further on, he will be doing the role of Nana Patekar in Taxi No. 9211 in the Tamil version.

After this, he would be working with debutant director Balu who had apprenticed with veteran film maker Bhagyaraj in many movies. Balu will be directing his first film titled Seetharaman which will go on floors on the 19th of August. Seetharaman is reported to deal with Father-daughter relationship and also handle the theme of love in a different manner. The film will certainly not be a tearjerker but a laugh riot just like the films of Balu’s mentor Bhagyaraj. Seetharaman will be introducing a new music director Sivan who had worked with A R Rahman. Film of debutants indeed!

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/july-08-03/pasupathy-18-07-08.html

who is this Sivan?? never came across his names in any of ARR's albums inlays.... :?[/tscii:e77b4c4500]

kutti_anand
18th July 2008, 06:56 PM
I think ARR has only 4 more movies in hand from tamil..... ellame late a thaan varum pola iruku.....

Sultan,
Chennayil oru mazhaikaalam,
robot,
marmayogi......

Vera edhachu iruka? i think all the movies will release in 2009 or after 2009......

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 07:03 PM
I think ARR has only 4 more movies in hand from tamil..... ellame late a thaan varum pola iruku.....

Sultan,
robot,
marmayogi......

Vera edhachu iruka? i think all the movies will release in 2009 or after 2009......
ennakum athey kavalaithan! :( if any chance jntjn or ada dubbing in tamil? COM intha jenmathila varuma innu theriyala,sakkarakati'ye atho itho-innu ipathan oru valiya vanthu senthirukku... :( :(

baba88
18th July 2008, 07:29 PM
hmm... i heard that he is composing for kadhir's manavar thinam. And then there is also Mani Rathnam's new movie.

A.ANAND
18th July 2008, 07:40 PM
மர்மயோகியில் ரஹ்மானின் புதிய இசை
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்கமல்ஹாசனின் அடுத்த மெகா பட்ஜெட் படமான மர்மயோகியில் மிக வித்தியாசமான இசை ஒலிகளை அறிமுகப்படுத்தும் ஐடியாவில் உள்ளார் ரஹ்மான்.

இந்தப் படத்துக்காக, இதுவரை தமிழ் திரையில் ஒலித்திராத லத்தீன் அமெரிக்க பாணி இசைக் கருவிகளை மர்மயோகிக்குப் பயன்படுத்தத் திட்டமிட்டுள்ளார் ரஹ்மான்.

சமீபத்தில் ஒரு இசைவிழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த ரஹ்மானிடம் இதுபற்றிக் கேட்டபோது, நான் எல்லா படங்களுக்குமே பெஸ்ட் இசையைத் தரவே முயற்சிக்கிறேன். முயற்சிதான் என்னுடையது. மற்றபடி பாடல்களின் தலைவிதி ரசிகர்களின் மன நிலையைப் பொறுத்தே அமைகிறது. சில நேரங்களில் அதிகபட்ச விளம்பரங்கள் கூட ஒரு இசையை திரும்பத் திரும்ப கேட்க வைத்து விடும்.

ஆனால் உண்மையான இசை எப்போதும் நிலைத்திருக்கும். மர்மயோகி ஒன்லைன் மட்டும்தான் எனக்குத் தெரியும். வித்தியாசமான ஒரு முயற்சி. அதற்கு வித்தியாசமான இசையைத் தரவே முயற்சிக்கிறேன்.

இதில் சில புதிய ஒலிகளை அறிமுகப்படுத்த லத்தீன் அமெரிக்க இசைக் கருவிகளை உபயோகிக்கும் திட்டம் உள்ளது. இசைக்கு நல்ல ஸ்கோப் உள்ள கதை என்பதால் உங்கள் எதிர்பார்ப்புகளை பொய்யாக்காத அளவுக்கு பாடல்கள் இருக்கும் என்றார் அடக்கமாக.

சமீபத்தில் உங்களை நடிக்க வைக்கும் திட்டத்தில் இருப்பதாக பாரதிராஜா கூறினாரா... அப்படி ஏதாவது எண்ணமிருக்கிறதா?

(சிரிக்கிறார்) அவர் என்மீதுள்ள அன்பில் அப்படிச் சொல்லியிருப்பார். இசைக்கே நேரம் ஒதுக்க முடியவில்லை என்றார்.

சமீபத்தில் வெளியான இசை ஆல்பங்களில் குசேலனுக்கு அடுத்து அதிக சிடிக்கள் விற்று சாதனை படைத்துள்ளது ரஹ்மானின் சக்கரகட்டி என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது. இந்தியில் அவர் இசையைத்து வெளிவந்துள்ள ஜானே து ய ஜானே நா பெரும் சாதனை புரிந்து வருகிறது

Mahen
18th July 2008, 09:27 PM

Sultan,
robot,
marmayogi......

COMK will release in nov/dec 08...
Sultan - April09
MArmayogi- End of 2009
Robot - 2010

kutti_anand
19th July 2008, 12:23 PM
Expecting COMK. Gautham known for stylish movies, will surely shoot the songs very well. Combo click airuchu na, apram Gautham will keep ARR as his aasthaana MD. Apram, modern Deva paadu thindattam thaan.....

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 01:38 PM
gautham menon-nukke bore adichu poi than rahman kitta ponaru.avarum eppada M.Deva-va kalitti vidalam innu pakkaru ana mudiyila pola :lol:

kutti_anand
19th July 2008, 01:48 PM
[tscii:c58c208ec1]Chief Minister’s request for A.R. Rahmanfrom Kollywood Today - Tamil Movies trailers videos ringtones previews ... by Editor

Chief Minister Kalainyar Karunanidhi had hit the bull’s eyes with his stupendous works with his recent flick Uliyin Osai. The film is successfully doing well among the masses and now, he has kick-started with his next project titled ‘Ponner-Shankar’. The film has Prashanth donning dual roles and it’s a historic period movie about brave brothers raising their voices against the colonial domination.

Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi had personally invited A.R. Rahman to his residence. Sources close to him have stated that he has requested Rahman to score music for this film. Kalainyar had watched period films like Lagaan, Mangal Pandey and got enthralled with Rahman’s musical score.

Now, Rahman has almost accepted to score music for the film and things would be confirmed sooner….

Thalaivaaaa..... Vendam, othukaadha [/tscii:c58c208ec1]

kutti_anand
19th July 2008, 01:52 PM
gautham menon-nukke bore adichu poi than rahman kitta ponaru.avarum eppada M.Deva-va kalitti vidalam innu pakkaru ana mudiyila pola :lol:

<dig>
Ejjactly.... Aana Modern Deva epdi suttalum, paatu hit airudhu! The biggest shock for me was after listening to english version of Oru mugamo...... English paatoda effect konjam kooda korayama apdiye kuduthirukaar M.Deva

</dig>

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 03:16 PM
he is profesional in his job :banghead: ana interview kodupparu parunnga 'muruga'! chaiya chaiya song his'sainakudu'telugu-la evalo arputhama remix panni irukkar-innu konjam kettu parunnga[pularichu poiduvinnga]
:banghead: :banghead: konjamavathu manasatchi vendama mr.harris!!!!!

Mahen
19th July 2008, 03:56 PM
The most annoying thing about harris is he will walk away with all the accolades and media will give him names like 'hit maker' etc after giving us copied tunes :evil: His June Pona was so damn popular...I wont be surprised if his Satyam or VA outdo sakarakatti..And i noticed his tunes are popular among the girls..

kutti_anand
19th July 2008, 04:58 PM
as mahen pointed out, girls like his tunes. Moreover, his music is used as ringtones in many mobiles. already hit aana song a tamil la pottu easy-a velai mudikarar....

deva, harris and now srikanth deva follows his dad's footsteps.... Nepali la La Ketchup apdiye copy...... anyways, sorry for dig-ing too much. oru flow la vandhiruchu.,

kutti_anand
19th July 2008, 05:04 PM
Seems its confirmed that ARR gonna do music for Karunanidhi's Ponnar Shankar......

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/07/19-rahman-to-compose-for-ponnar-shankar.html

Enna Kodumai ARR idhu.....

viraajan
19th July 2008, 05:55 PM

<dig>
Ejjactly.... Aana Modern Deva epdi suttalum, paatu hit airudhu! The biggest shock for me was after listening to english version of Oru mugamo...... English paatoda effect konjam kooda korayama apdiye kuduthirukaar M.Deva

</dig>

I remember my friend's comment on Harris. I played all his copied songs and showed it to my friends!! He simply replied with an excellent timing "ennamo sondhama music potta madiri kannathula kai vachu pose koduppan" :lol:

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 06:19 PM
Seems its confirmed that ARR gonna do music for Karunanidhi's Ponnar Shankar......

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/07/19-rahman-to-compose-for-ponnar-shankar.html

K.M music college-ikku entha orum problem varama irukkathan
intha 'deeling'!athala enna koduma inna thiagarajan is director :banghead:

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 06:22 PM
I remember my friend's comment on Harris. I played all his copied songs and showed it to my friends!! He simply replied with an excellent timing "ennamo sondhama music potta madiri kannathula kai vachu pose koduppan"

viraajan
19th July 2008, 07:20 PM
I remember my friend's comment on Harris. I played all his copied songs and showed it to my friends!! He simply replied with an excellent timing "ennamo sondhama music potta madiri kannathula kai vachu pose koduppan"

usualla, album release aanadhukku appuram than, enga copy adichanga-nu theriya varum. aana, Varanamaayiram promo song-laye thalivar Kaiyum kalavuma mattikittaru :lol:

Adiye kolluthe song copied!!! (Have to wait till the album comes out to see if this song really belongs to VA) :roll:

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 07:32 PM
athanalathan avaru media pakkam varathilla,evanacham nakka pudinggikira mathiri kelvi kettana???

A.ANAND
19th July 2008, 09:04 PM
பிரமாண்ட மர்மயோகி - கமல்
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்7வது நூற்றாண்டைப் பின்னணியாகக் கொண்ட கதைக்களத்துடன் கூடிய மர்மயோகி வித்தியாசமான ஒரு முயற்சி. பிரமாண்டமான வரலாற்றுப் படமாக இது உருவாகவுள்ளது என்று உலக நாயகன் கமல்ஹாசன் கூறியுள்ளார்.

கலைத் தாகத்தோடு திரையுலகை வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் கமல்ஹாசன், தசாவதாரத்தை முடித்த கையோடு மர்மயோகிக்குப் போய் விட்டார். அது தொடர்பான பூர்வாங்கப் பணிகளில் மும்முரமாக இருக்கும் கமல்ஹாசன், தனது மர்மயோகி எப்படிப்பட்ட படம் என்பதை விளக்கியுள்ளார்.

இது மிகப் பிரமாண்டமான படமாக இருக்கும். முற்றிலும் வரலாற்று கதை. தசாவதாரத்தை விட இந்தப் படத்தில் இசை முக்கியத்துவம் உடையதாக இருக்கும்.

7வது நூற்றாண்டில் நடந்த சில சுவாரஸ்யமான சம்பவங்கள்தான் கதையின் கரு.

இது வரலாறும், அறிவியலும் கைகோர்க்கும் படமாக இருக்காது. முற்றிலும் வித்தியாசமான முயற்சி. ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசை சேவைக்கு நிறைய வாய்ப்புகள் உள்ளது. அவரது விருப்பத்திற்கேற்ப இதில் இசையமைக்கும் வாய்ப்புகளும் அதிகம் உள்ளது.

ஆரம்பத்தில் பட்ஜெட் ரூ. 100 கோடியாக இருக்கும் என மதிப்பிடப்பட்டது. இப்போது அதையும் தாண்டிப் போய் விட்டது. இந்திய திரையுலக வரலாற்றில் இது புதிய சாதனை படைக்கும். ஆகஸ்ட் மாதம் பிரமாண்டமான முறையில் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்குகிறது.

மர்மயோகி குறித்து மீடியாக்களில் நிறைய செய்திகள் வருகின்றன. அவை அனைத்தையும் நான் மறுக்க மாட்டேன், மீடியா நண்பர்களை ஏமாற்ற மாட்டேன்.

மீடியாக்களில், மும்பையில் பிரமாண்டமான முறையில் தொடக்க விழா இருக்கும் என செய்திகள் வெளியாகியுள்ளது. உண்மையில் முதலில் அப்படி ஒரு திட்டமே என்னிடம் இல்லை. ஆனால் இப்போது மீடியாக்களில் வந்துள்ளதைப் போலவே, பாலிவுட் நட்சத்திரங்களுக்கு மத்தியில் பிரமாண்டமான முறையில் மர்மயோகியின் தொடக்க விழா இருக்கும்.

தசாவதாரம் குறித்து இரு வித கருத்துக்கள் நிலவுகின்றன. அப்படத்தில் சில தவறுகள் இருப்பதை ஒப்புக் கொள்கிறேன். அதை நான் மறைக்க விரும்பவில்லை. ஆனால் அனைத்து திறமையாளர்களுக்கும், கலைஞர்களுக்கும் ஏற்படக் கூடிய ஒன்றுதான் இது. அது எனக்கும் ஏற்பட்டுள்ளது. அவ்வளவுதான்.

உண்மையில் இந்தத் தவறுகளை அடுத்து படத்தில் திருத்திக் கொள்ள எனக்கு நல்ல வாய்ப்பாக அமைந்துள்ளது என்றார் கமல்ஹாசன்.

கமலை மட்டும் பார்த்தால் குறைகள் தெரியாது!

Dragun
19th July 2008, 10:31 PM

I didn't see ARR's name on that poster, so hopefully that is false news.

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 01:31 AM

I didn't see ARR's name on that poster, so hopefully that is false news.

kadavule!!! i read somewhere that ARR met the chief minister... maybe about this??? pochu, naasama pochu!

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 12:30 PM
vera vali illa thinesan :lol: avaru ottukituthan aganum!vithi!!!!namakku :banghead:

MADDY
20th July 2008, 07:00 PM
vera vali illa thinesan :lol: avaru ottukituthan aganum!vithi!!!!namakku :banghead:

sadly yes.....he has to do it, otherwise he wud be inviting trouble

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 07:31 PM

tharma sanggadaman neram namma thalaivar-ikku.mudiyathu innum solla mudiyathu,apparm K.M college-iku 'appu ' vechuduvanungga nasama pona 'politik' karanunnga!!!!!

director thiagarajan innu nenechathan ayyoooo alugaiya varuthu :( evallem oru director, rahman music vera..shabbbaa...ippye kanna kattuthey :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:lord muruga kappathuppa.

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 07:35 PM

tharma sanggadaman neram namma thalaivar-ikku.mudiyathu innum solla mudiyathu,apparm K.M college-iku 'appu ' vechuduvanungga nasama pona 'politik' karanunnga!!!!!

director thiagarajan innu nenechathan ayyoooo alugaiya varuthu :( evallem oru director, rahman music vera..shabbbaa...ippye kanna kattuthey :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:lord muruga kappathuppa.

kadavul avalavu seekiram engala kai vida maataaaru! kadavul romba nalavaru!

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 07:36 PM

actually whats so bad about this project?? any politics involved ah?? :?

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 07:49 PM
athenna 'enngala' kai vida mattaru :cry: nammala innu sollunnga sir!namma ellam ore family illaya??'rahman family'yarukku kedaikum sir intha luckku! :D :cool2:

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 07:52 PM

actually whats so bad about this project?? any politics involved ah?? :?

karunaanidhi's scripts is not fit for any time past the 70s and thiyagaraajans directions is not fit for anything! thats the reason...

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 07:59 PM
dinesh,its period film.

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 08:02 PM
dinesh,its period film.

period films rnt a prob anand. atleast for me. i am actually dying for a period film in tamil (iruvar was iruvar!!).

but its being handled by the wrong team... thats what worries me.

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 08:07 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh :shock: .... ARRahman composing for a film like that spells disaster!!!!! is it confirmed???

directhit
21st July 2008, 10:18 AM
:shock: and the worst part is Prashanth is hero(?) in that :rotfl: :rotfl: :x :x

kutti_anand
21st July 2008, 11:13 AM
I think Thyagarajan wants to bring back his son into Films with a bang.... adhuku namma thalaivar thaan Bali aada? vendam saami....

But if ARR doesnt accept, he will have to face a lot of probs for his music school..... adhukaagave vera vazhi illama othupaar nu nenaikaren.

ansa400
21st July 2008, 12:06 PM
I think Thyagarajan wants to bring back his son into Films with a bang.... adhuku namma thalaivar thaan Bali aada? vendam saami....

But if ARR doesnt accept, he will have to face a lot of probs for his music school..... adhukaagave vera vazhi illama othupaar nu nenaikaren.

I think ARR is wise enough to decline the offer in a diplomatic way by saying he has no dates to accommodate or he can say he can render a couple of songs for the movie... (unless he finds the subject too exciting)... What is there to be afraid of??...he has his own rights to work or not to work in a project.... The thing is how he puts it forward to the so called smartest politician of tamilnadu.... What will he do when ARR says there are no dates??..Having said that it'll be nice to see ARR in a thamizh period film which doesn't happen quite often..

SoftSword
21st July 2008, 01:02 PM
why should not ARR take this project....
eventhough the director is dumb.... he can prove himself na...

kutti_anand
21st July 2008, 02:38 PM
why should not ARR take this project....
eventhough the director is dumb.... he can prove himself na...

Not only the director.... the actor, the script writer, etc, everything will be a mokkai. i guess thyagarajan would have insisted MK to call ARR so that this project will get some attention......

ULiyin Osai, Paasa Kiligal, Mannin Maindhan, etc, idhellam padama? katchi kaarangale paaka bayapattanga......

A.ANAND
21st July 2008, 03:07 PM
ULiyin Osai, Paasa Kiligal, Mannin Maindhan, etc, idhellam padama? katchi kaarangale paaka bayapattanga......

littlemaster1982
21st July 2008, 03:13 PM
Friends,

Why so much fuss about an unconfirmed news report???

A.ANAND
21st July 2008, 03:25 PM
Friends,

Why so much fuss about an unconfirmed news report???
appadi ethavathu agidumo innu 'peethi'than sir!vera onnum illa!erkanave namma alu script selection-la weak-innu periyava ellam sollaral :lol: ethala intha kodumai veraiya!

kutti_anand
21st July 2008, 06:24 PM
Anand, i think its Allah Rakha Rahman and not allah raggha rahman, as ur signature says....

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 05:54 AM
Anand, i think its Allah Rakha Rahman and not allah raggha rahman, as ur signature says....
:ty: sir!

NOV
22nd July 2008, 06:14 AM
Pls ocntinue here: http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1460401#1460401