PDA

View Full Version : OK Kanmani: Maniratnam-ARRahman-PC Sreeram

Pages : [1] 2

Mahen
1st October 2014, 07:01 PM
pcsreeram @pcsreeram · 8h 8 hours ago
Last day of shoot fr shanitabh to night, Will be starting mani film from October 6. I am walking the path with the force which guides me.

Mani Ratnam is all set to start his new Tamil film from October 6. His last film was the Gautham Karthik-Thulasi Nair starrer Kadal (2013), which was a total washout.

The new untitled Tamil film will have Dulquer Salmaan as hero and most likely a new face as heroine. It will have music by AR Rahman and camera by PC Sreeram. The film will be produced by Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies.

Mani and PC are coming together after 14 years. The last film they did together is Madhavan-Shalini starrer Alaipayuthey (2000), which was a huge hit. PC Sreeram Tweeted: “Last day of shoot for Shamitabh tonight, will be starting Mani film from October 6. I am walking the path with the force which guides me.”

Expected something big from Mani saar..:( And what happened to his taste for heroes? Mani is known for introducing some of the most good looking men in tamil cinema..now Gautham/dulquer :banghead:

venkkiram
1st October 2014, 09:06 PM
Mani Ratnam is all set to start his new Tamil film from October 6. His last film was the Gautham Karthik-Thulasi Nair starrer Kadal (2013), which was a total washout.படத்திற்கான திரியின் முதல் பதிவே டோட்டல் டேமேஜ்!

மணிரத்னமும் வெற்றியும் பெரும்பாலும் எதிர் துருவங்கள். இருவர், உயிரே, ஆயுத எழுத்து, குரு, ராவணன், கடல் - பட்டியல் நீண்டுகொண்டே போகிறது.

kumarsr
1st October 2014, 09:08 PM
There was a time when he could make no mistake. But that was long time ago.

nickraman
2nd October 2014, 03:40 AM
Expected something big from Mani saar..:( And what happened to his taste for heroes? Mani is known for introducing some of the most good looking men in tamil cinema..now Gautham/dulquer :banghead:

Dulquer ku enna korachal? His acting is miles ahead of Karthik's son.

Mani is trying for Yuuth aadience. Hopefully, he doesn't rope in Mohan for a role and give him minimal scope ala Aravind Swamy in Kadan, sorry Kadal.

Mahen
2nd October 2014, 03:22 PM
was referring to their looks..dulquer loooks very plain..never seen his acting

k_vanan
2nd October 2014, 05:42 PM
was referring to their looks..dulquer loooks very plain..never seen his acting

Look like another flop Srikanth :)

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2014, 05:56 PM
Dulquer looking bad? #Shock

Mahen
2nd October 2014, 06:42 PM
hes just normal looking..not in the same range as madhavan/arvindswamy

ecureuhapis
2nd October 2014, 07:03 PM
Gautham (& ARR) was the sole saving grace of Kadal

Russellxom
2nd October 2014, 07:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By53A9LCUAAVn6S.jpg

Russellxom
2nd October 2014, 07:21 PM
mani rathnam first chooses ram charan teja for this movie but he rejected it.......heard its an experiment movie...

Russellxom
2nd October 2014, 09:55 PM
MAMMOOTY'S SON REPLACED CHIRANJEEVI'S SON IN MANI RATNAM'S FILM

http://img.indiaglitz.com/tamil/news/RamCharan-ManiRatnam_101m.jpg

In a recent media interaction, Ram Charan Teja has accepted the fact that Mani Ratnam narrated him a script but he didn't agree to it because the film won't suit him. According to the Magadheera actor, the script which was narrated by Mani Ratnam won't make money but the actor wants everyone associated with him to be happy and he doesn't want awards alone.
Ram Charan has also revealed the fact that Mammootty's son Dulquer Salmaan is doing the same script which was narrated by Mani and when the film gets released, we will all know why he backed out of the project.
Ram Charan Teja has also expressed his wish to act in another script of Mani Ratnam.

VinodKumar's
2nd October 2014, 10:29 PM
Alaipayuthe was his last hit right ?

rsubras
2nd October 2014, 10:46 PM
Mani's way of thinking has changed a lot nowadays and the scenes he construct these days have more inner meaning than what we see on screen, at least that is what I want to believe :).

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2014, 11:26 PM
Guru was his last hit. The Hindi version

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 02:04 AM
Mani's way of thinking has changed a lot nowadays and the scenes he construct these days have more inner meaning than what we see on screen, at least that is what I want to believe :).

this is how it all started in I music discussion in other thread.. fans always want to see something +ve in their fav's output..

venkkiram
3rd October 2014, 10:34 AM
மணியின் சமீபகால தோல்விகளுக்கு மிகமுக்கிய காரணமே பாத்திரத் தேர்வுகள்தான் என நினைக்கிறென். ராவணன் படத்தில் கூட பிரதான கதாபாத்திரத்தில் ஐஸ்வர்யாராயை நடிக்க வைத்தது ஏன் என இந்த நேரம் வரை புரிந்துகொள்ள முடியல. எதையாவது ஒன்றை கண்மூடித்தனமாக நம்பிக்கொண்டு படைப்பில் இறங்கிவிடுகிறார். இயக்குனர் இமயம் , சிகரம் போன்ற ஆளுமைகள் தங்களது அந்திமக்காலத்தில் எதிர்பார்ப்புகளுக்கு எதிராக சுக்கு நூறாக உடைந்தது போல மணியும் சென்றுகொண்டிருக்கிறாரா எனத் தோணுது. பேசாமல் சிறந்த ஒரு தமிழ் நாவலை வாசித்து அதைத் தழுவி திரைக்கதை அமைக்கலாம். நிறைய படைப்பாளிகளுக்கு தொழில்நுட்ப கலைஞர்களின் கூட்டணி அமையாமல் வெற்றிகள் கிடைக்காமல் போவதுண்டு. ஆனால் மாறாக தொழில்நுட்ப கலைஞர்கள் சரிவர அமைந்தும் சோரம்போகிக் கொண்டு இருப்பவர் மணிரத்னம்.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2014, 10:48 AM
நுனிப்புல் மேய்ந்தது மாதிரியான கதாபாத்திர வடிவமைப்பு, கதை தேர்வாக்கம் போன்றவையே மணிரத்னத்தின் சமீபத்திய தோல்விகளுக்கு காரணம். அதனை சரி செய்து கொண்டாலே அவர் மீண்டு விடுவார். அவருக்கு Urban love story என்பது இங்கிலாந்து அணி லார்ட்ஸில் விளையாடுவது போல. ஆவலுடன் எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன்.

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2014, 10:51 AM
this is how it all started in I music discussion in other thread.. fans always want to see something +ve in their fav's output..

+1. Even his failures (Iruvar and Kannathil Muthamittal) used to impress me. Siddarth Trisha scenes were not good in Aauytha Ezhuthu. Did not like Guru. Ravanan was very amateurish especially that korangu kuppan scenes and Suhasini's dialogues. Kadal (1/2 mani neram thaan paathaen) maehhhh. Inner meaning lam summa escape route. Manasukullaya poondhu paaka mudiyum ??

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2014, 10:54 AM
நுனிப்புல் மேய்ந்தது மாதிரியான கதாபாத்திர வடிவமைப்பு, கதை தேர்வாக்கம் போன்றவையே மணிரத்னத்தின் சமீபத்திய தோல்விகளுக்கு காரணம்.

Adhae adhae. Even lead characterizations were not good in his latest movies.

A.ANAND
3rd October 2014, 11:06 AM
entha oru trend kulleyum sikkathavar enggal thalaivar mani sir..but thaan ethu koduthallum makkal etrukkollvargal endara garvam vanthale alivuthaan.ithu ella padaipallikkum porunthum!

avarudaiya thodar flop-ikku mukkiya kaaranam screenplay semma sothappal.aanal avarudaiya story telling-a adichikka ingga vera yaarume illa!HE IS A KING..

rsubras
3rd October 2014, 11:20 AM

fan nu solla mudiyaathu....oru respect...i would like to be fan only for ARR :)

btw, I also firmly and seriously believe, that Mani has not fallen from the peak or anything like that...........just that his style would have changed that may not exactly be palatable to many of the ppl (including myself :))

A different perspective of the much damaged Kadal and Raavan from movie buffs

http://ajithanmotherearth.blogspot.in/2013/02/kadal.html
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/06/20/raavan-movie-review-hindi-maniratnam/

rsubras
3rd October 2014, 11:21 AM
entha oru trend kulleyum sikkathavar enggal thalaivar mani sir..but thaan ethu koduthallum makkal etrukkollvargal endara garvam vanthale alivuthaan.ithu ella padaipallikkum porunthum!

avarudaiya thodar flop-ikku mukkiya kaaranam screenplay semma sothappal.aanal avarudaiya story telling-a adichikka ingga vera yaarume illa!HE IS A KING..

enna boss solla vareenga.........story telling nala iruntha screen play super ah irukkatha? or am i missing something here? what is the diff between story telling vs screenplay?

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2014, 11:31 AM
I think he refers to penning a story.

A.ANAND
3rd October 2014, 11:52 AM
enna boss solla vareenga.........story telling nala iruntha screen play super ah irukkatha? or am i missing something here? what is the diff between story telling vs screenplay?

avar kaachi amaippu oru scene sollum vitham..atha sonnen.title cards podarathalirunthu atha azhaga suvarisiyama boring illama sollum vitham ennakku romba pidikkum..

Mahen
3rd October 2014, 06:12 PM
fan nu solla mudiyaathu....oru respect...i would like to be fan only for ARR :)

btw, I also firmly and seriously believe, that Mani has not fallen from the peak or anything like that...........just that his style would have changed that may not exactly be palatable to many of the ppl (including myself :))

:bow: never thought Kadal had so many hidden meanings..have to revisit..i thought Kadal was his weakest film...although it had some only-mani-can scenes such as the kid lying on his dead mother,cute romance etc, something was still missing in the film..

Ravanan was visual poetry..and still had Mani's stamp all over..

Mahen
3rd October 2014, 06:22 PM
another scene..and this is why you can never write Mani off..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTceeDDkgrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylet6gGM5-o

Mahen
3rd October 2014, 06:40 PM
ani Ratnam is starting his new untitled film from October 6. The film produced by his own banner Madras Talkies will have Dulquer Salmaan and Nitya Menen in the lead with music by AR Rahman and camera by PC Sreeram.

When Mani starts shooting for a new film it always creates a buzz, because over the years he has become a brand. However his last two films, Raavan in Hindi and Tamil and Kadal in Tamil have been disasters.

Now Mani is trying to recreate the old magic, by going back to his roots. His strength has always been urban love stories that cater basically to multiplex audiences. The grapevine has it that Mani’s new film is set against two metro’s Chennai and Mumbai.

He has chosen Dulquer and Nitya because of their urban cool dude looks. Remember that they have been paired before in romantic lead in Anjali Menon written and Anwar Rasheed directed Malayalam super hit Ustad Hotel. Later they featured in Anjali Menon’s blockbuster Bangalore Days.

Mani’s regular supporting cast and some newcomers will feature in this film, which will start on Monday in Chennai. The film will be shot on a budget and is likely to be wrapped up by December and released in the first quarter of 2015.

not impressed with the heroine too..:sigh2: anyway better than thulasi..and urban love story :bluejump:

Parthyy
3rd October 2014, 09:32 PM
Nityamenon is good choice...
With ARRAhman + PCSreeram for Urban lovestory Hope its falls on the lines of Alaipayuthey...

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 10:08 PM

i've not read these write-ups.. not going to read anyway..
i just thought of saying this, IMO, do we need to analyse so far to the extent even the director & writer (creator) who has not thought about it..
most times it might have happened just like that.. if you ask the director he might say "oh appadi kooda vechukkalamo"..
long before i read about this..
"என்ன பார்வை உந்தன் பார்வை
இடை மெலிந்தாள் இந்தப் பாவை"
i don't remember exactly what it is.. someone asked Kaviyarasar about the 2nd line.. did he wrote in that view.. only then kaviyarasar realised that is also correct..

very few cases these kind of write-ups match with the creator's views.. one example is director Ram completely agreeing with our hubber P_R's write-up on Katradhu thamizh..
i think these kind of write-ups are by fans who want to defend their legendary fav's..

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2014, 10:15 PM
But this article does make some sense. I have read similar articles explaining Chris Nolan,Tarantino,Kamal movies and that helped me enjoy those movies even better.

But the point is how many will read these articles to understand and enjoy the movie better?

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2014, 10:26 PM
It sounds to me like someone is forcing you to like the movie ...will not work for most of the audience ...and I don't agree with puriyathavangalukku enna pannurathu ....adhu director oda thappu ...

Anban
3rd October 2014, 11:34 PM
i've not read these write-ups.. not going to read anyway..
i just thought of saying this, IMO, do we need to analyse so far to the extent even the director & writer (creator) who has not thought about it..
most times it might have happened just like that.. if you ask the director he might say "oh appadi kooda vechukkalamo"..
long before i read about this..
"என்ன பார்வை உந்தன் பார்வை
இடை மெலிந்தாள் இந்தப் பாவை"
i don't remember exactly what it is.. someone asked Kaviyarasar about the 2nd line.. did he wrote in that view.. only then kaviyarasar realised that is also correct..

very few cases these kind of write-ups match with the creator's views.. one example is director Ram completely agreeing with our hubber P_R's write-up on Katradhu thamizh..
i think these kind of write-ups are by fans who want to defend their legendary fav's..
nethi adi ..

kalaiamsam illaatha nunukkam edupadaathu ..

details nammale gavanichu therinjukkarathu thaan nalla irukkum ..

A.ANAND
10th October 2014, 11:19 AM
Mani Ratnam begins work on new Tamil-Malayalam film: Will this be the hit he needs?

Chennai: The most talked about south Indian director in Indian cinema is Mani Ratnam. And the news from Kollywood is that Mani is back to work, after a 18 month break. Last Monday (6 October) the elusive director started his new untitled bilingual film in Tamil and Malayalam in a hush-hush manner in Chennai.

At a time when directors tom-tom everything including future projects through social media, Mani remains secretive and goes about his work quietly.

In fact the media came to know about Mani’s new film only when his cameraman, the legendary PC Sreeram Tweeted, "Last day of shoot for Shamitabh tonight, will be starting Mani film from October 6. I am walking the path with the force which guides me."

Sreeram and Mani Ratnam are teaming up for this new film after a gap of 14 years. They last worked together in the Madhavan-Shalini starrer Alaipayuthey (2000)
Ratnam needs a super hit: AFP

Ratnam needs a super hit: AFP

Mani’s new film produced by his own banner 'Madras Talkie's will have Dulquer Salmaan (Malayalam superstar Mammootty’s son) and Nitya Menen in the lead, with Prakash Raj playing a pivotal role. Evergreen music director AR Rahman and cinematographer PC Sreeram are part of the core technical team. Now Mani is trying to recreate his old magic, by going back to his roots.

His strength has always been in urban love stories that basically cater to multiplex audiences. The grapevine has it that Mani’s new film is set against the backdrop of two metros: Chennai and Mumbai.

He has chosen Dulquer and Nitya because of their urban cool dude looks. The two have already been paired together. They starred as the romantic lead in Malayalam super hit Ustad Hotel that was written by Anjali Menon and directed by Anwar Rasheed. They also recently featured in Anjali Menon’s blockbuster Bangalore Days, though not as romantic leads.

Mani is not only respected as a director but is known to have given a break to some of the biggest names in Indian cinema like Oscar winning music director AR Rahman, Madhavan, Aishwarya Rai and so many others. In a career spanning 31 years, Mani has made 22 films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam Kannada and Hindi. When his Roja, a film on militancy in Kashmir was dubbed into Hindi and became a runaway success, the mainstream media took notice of him.

And his controversial Hindu –Muslim love story set against the Mumbai communal riots of Bombay created a huge fan base for him in Bollywood.

Though his straight Hindi films like Dil Se, Yuva, Guru and Raavan may not have set the box-office on fire, every established Bollywood star has expressed a desire to work with him. In short Mani Ratnam is a brand in Indian cinema.

However in Tamil cinema where his roots are, Mani has been floundering at the box-office and critics have ripped his films apart.

His last release, a commercial potboiler called Kadal (February 2013) received scathing reviews and was a colossal flop. It set the alarm bells ringing. Has Mani lost touch with new generation audiences? His tendency to play safe by padding his films with too many commercial ingredients and refusing to experiment led to a dilution of his brand.

Added to that younger directors like Nalan Kumarasamy (Soodhu Kavvum), Karthik Subbaraj (Pizza, Jigarthanda), Ranjith (Attakathi, Madras) who were willing to take the road less travelled found acceptance among new age multiplex audiences. Now Mani Ratnam has to reinvent himself as a director who understands the pulse of today’s generation next audience.

The buzz is that Mani’s new film is an urban based modern-day love story and set in Chennai and Mumbai, a milieu he understands.

Earlier there were reports that he is remaking his evergreen love story Mouna Ragam (1986). However sources close to the director deny this. His new film is said to be an all new love story which would be topical and relevant. AR Rahman has confirmed that his son Ameen will sing a song for the film.

Trade sources have confirmed that Mani’s new bilingual will be made on a shoe-string budget of Rs 5 to 6 crores.

The combined satellite television rights of the film in Tamil and Malayalam will not only cover the cost but make it profitable. And revenue from theatrical and other rights will be a major plus. It will be a quickie that will be wrapped up by December and released in the first quarter of 2015.

Mani Ratnam needs a hit and a film which will be liked by the critics and his traditional multiplex audiences to retain his brand image. Will this be the film to do it?

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/mani-ratnam-begins-work-on-new-tamil-malayalam-film-will-this-be-the-hit-he-needs-1750721.html

A.ANAND
20th October 2014, 11:24 AM
‘Okay Kanmani’ – A film by Mani Ratnam !

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/mani-ratnam-aka-maniratnams-next-titled.html

A.ANAND
26th October 2014, 02:47 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/okay-kanmani-onlocation-gallery-images-tamil-3-2162302

namma thala kelambiduchi doy...

Mahen
26th October 2014, 03:02 PM
kaniha :) dont think the title is okay kanmani..

A.ANAND
24th November 2014, 12:46 PM
Mani Ratnam film reaches the final schedule

Ace director Mani Ratnam is currently busy with his untitled film with Dulquer Salman and Nithya Menon in the lead.

Touted to be a classy romantic subject, the film has reached the final schedule and the film’s cinematographer, PC Sreeram has revealed it in his Twitter page.

PC Sreeram tweeted “Shooting for Mani's film. The last @ final shed. A love story which is one notch up .May the force within us all."Vaaazaga vaalamudhan ".

Mani Ratnam’s untitled film will also have Prakash Raj in an important role and AR Rahman is the music director. Produced by Madras Talkies, the untitled film will be released on February 2015.

http://www.sify.com/movies/mani-ratnam-film-reaches-the-final-schedule-news-tamil-olwsaKaaihcfg.html

athukulla final shedule-la?bullet vegathan thalaivar-re..

A.ANAND
8th December 2014, 01:55 PM
https://www.facebook.com/CEPTUniversity1/posts/669838659795312

A.ANAND
5th January 2015, 01:02 PM
'Okay Kanmani' will be like 'Alaipayuthey -2': PC Sreeram

Mani Ratnam has completed the shooting of his upcoming film Okay Kanmani and the dubbing for the film is currently going on. The latest is that PC Sreeram who is teaming up with Mani Ratnam after fourteen years has said in an interaction that Okay Kanmani will be like Alaipayuthey-2.

PC Sreeram said “Alaipayuthey was based on an incident which happened in the life of a girl who is the daughter of Mani Ratnam’s friend and Okay Kanmani is also based on similar real life incident “.

The ace cinematographer clarified that though Okay Kanmani’s treatment will be stylish and youthful like Alaipayuthey , the film is definitely not a sequel.

Okay Kanmani has Dulquer Salmaan and Nithya Menon playing the lead roles while AR Rahman has composed the music.

PC Sreeram has also confirmed that the film’s shooting is almost over and he is expecting the film to be a big summer release of 2015

balaajee
5th January 2015, 01:12 PM
'Okay Kanmani' will be like 'Alaipayuthey -2': PC Sreeram

Mani Ratnam has completed the shooting of his upcoming film Okay Kanmani and the dubbing for the film is currently going on. The latest is that PC Sreeram who is teaming up with Mani Ratnam after fourteen years has said in an interaction that Okay Kanmani will be like Alaipayuthey-2.

PC Sreeram said “Alaipayuthey was based on an incident which happened in the life of a girl who is the daughter of Mani Ratnam’s friend and Okay Kanmani is also based on similar real life incident “.

The ace cinematographer clarified that though Okay Kanmani’s treatment will be stylish and youthful like Alaipayuthey , the film is definitely not a sequel.

Okay Kanmani has Dulquer Salmaan and Nithya Menon playing the lead roles while AR Rahman has composed the music.

PC Sreeram has also confirmed that the film’s shooting is almost over and he is expecting the film to be a big summer release of 2015

Similar story line came in Thaai magalukku kattiya thaali(1959)movie- starring M.G.R & Jamuna

A.ANAND
5th January 2015, 01:32 PM
'Thaai magalukku kattiya thaali'unmayileye ippadi oru padam irukka???shocking...!

balaajee
12th February 2015, 07:34 PM
Mani Ratnam's upcoming bilingual film, OK Kanmani(Okay Kanmani) has been completed and the movie has advanced to the post production stage. Touted to be a romantic drama on the lines of Mani Ratnam's Alaipayuthey, OK Kanmani stands for 'Oh Kadhal Kanmani' according to its director.

http://www.filmibeat.com/img/2015/02/09-1423485345-okkanmani.jpg

Also the release date of the movie has been fixed according to the latest report. It is said that OK Kanmani will hit the silver screen on 10th of April this year and that the audio of the movie will be launched by the end of this month. Mani Ratnam's last movie in Tamil Kadal, did not go on to become a huge box office success as it was labelled an above average in the box office reports. Considering the maverick director's recent form in Kollywood, OK Kanmani has its own importance. Apart from the lead actors, played by Dulquer Salmaan and Nithya Menen, this film also has Prakash Raj, Leela Samson and Kanika playing prominent roles. OK Kanmani will be simultaneously released in Tamil and Malayalam and will also be dubbed in Telugu as Okay Bangaram. Like any recent Mani Ratnam's film, this too will have its music composed by AR Rahman while the camera has been wielded by the veteran PC Sreeram. With the film's release date confirmed, fans from both Tamil Nadu and Kerala have already started the count down for this relatively low budget film.

balaajee
13th February 2015, 02:01 PM
உறுதியானது மணிரத்னம் படத்தின் தலைப்பு! - VIKATAN

குழப்பத்திலேயே இருந்த மணிரத்னம் இயக்கிவரும் படத்தின் தலைப்பு உறுதியாகியிருக்கிறது. ”ஓகே கண்மணி” தலைப்பை மாற்றவில்லை இயக்குநர் மணிரத்னம்.
“வாயை மூடி பேசவும்” படத்தின் மூலம் தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகமாகிய மலையாள இளம் நடிகரான துல்கர் சல்மான் ஹீரோவாகவும், ஹீரோயினாகவும் நித்யா மேனன் நடிப்பில் காதல் சார்ந்த கதையை உருவாக்கி வருகிறார் மணிரத்னம். “அலைப்பாயுதே” படத்தின் ரசனைக்கும் மேல் படம் இருக்கும் என்று ரசிகர்களால் எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/934888_1563615867189342_2106492999632315186_n.jpgஇ ந்தப் படத்தின் தலைப்பில் நீண்ட நாளாக குழப்பம் நிலவியது. முன்னதாக ”ஓகே கண்மணி” என்று தலைப்பு வைக்கப்பட்டது. பின்னர் ஓகே என்பது ஆங்கிலச் சொல் என்பதால் வரிச்சலுகை கிடைக்காது என்று படத்தின் தலைப்பை “ஓ காதல் கண்மணி” என்று மாற்றப்பட்டதாக கூறப்பட்டது.
இப்படத்தை தயாரித்து வரும் மணிரத்னத்தின் மெட்ராஸ் டாக்கிஸ் தன்னுடைய சமுக வளைதளத்தில் மணிரத்னம் இயக்கிவரும் படத்தின் போஸ்டரை வெளியிட்டுள்ளது. அதில் ”ஓகே கண்மணி” என்று பெயர் இடம்பெற்றிருந்தது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது. இதன் மூலம் படத்தின் தலைப்பு எது என்று காத்திருந்த ரசிகர்களுக்கு தீர்வாக படத் தலைப்பின் வடிவமைப்பை வெளியிட்டு அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக அறிவித்துள்ளார் மணிரத்னம்.

http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/okay-kanmani-movie-photos.jpgமணிரத்னத்தின் ஃபேவரைட் இசையமைப்பாளரான ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையில், ஒளிப்பதிவை பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் கவனிக்க விரைவில் படம் வெளிவரவிருப்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

mappi
14th February 2015, 04:50 PM
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/561992/ok-kanmani.jpg?w=660&h=880&l=50&t=40

balaajee
14th February 2015, 04:55 PM
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/561992/ok-kanmani.jpg?w=660&h=880&l=50&t=40

Both the lead artists had bad luck in their previous visit(s)...hope it turns good with this...

Anban
14th February 2015, 05:29 PM
mani ratnam avvalavu thaan .. oru english middle class setting padam thaan ivarukku edukka theriyum .. he is not versatile .. he is a very limited director .. over hype ellaam panna koodaathu .. one can never ever classify him as an "artist"

Mr.GreyShirt
14th February 2015, 07:11 PM
Funny :D

CEDYBLUE
14th February 2015, 07:57 PM
Watched Alaipayuthey today afternoon in KTV. Was better able to associate with the movie, than may ben10 years ago. Flawless flow and wonderful performances by Maddy and Shalini.

A simple story under the patronage of a master craftsman.

Looking forward to Mani's next. Should be welcome change for Mani himself after spending the last few years digging into serious stories.

If a 'limited' Mani Ratnam can be an inspiration for many directors and make so many of the general public including me, love his characters, I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of 'unlimited' directors who can create unlimited wonders. Would be good for the industry.

nickraman
15th February 2015, 02:09 AM
Both the lead artists had bad luck in their previous visit(s)...hope it turns good with this...

Sumaal doubt. VMP was a sleeper hit no? Nithya Menen fits the statement, but Dulquer had bengaluru days hit recently no?

And limited Mani is better than over indulgent Mani from recent ventures (Kadal, raavan).

interz
15th February 2015, 03:08 AM
Malayala padathila pesi pesi kolluvaanga
Manirathna padathila pesamale kolluvanga
Enga poy mudiyapogutho...

A R Rahman paadalgal arumaiyaa iruntha ok kanmani.

Mahen
15th February 2015, 11:57 AM
mani ratnam avvalavu thaan .. oru english middle class setting padam thaan ivarukku edukka theriyum .. he is not versatile .. he is a very limited director .. over hype ellaam panna koodaathu .. one can never ever classify him as an "artist"

yeah right..nayagan,thalapathy,iruvar ellam english middle class padam thaane :) iruvar is one the best period films ever made..no other director can match thalapathy's mother sentiment..and i can keep going on.. ithu ellam because hes very limited.. :poke:

Watched Alaipayuthey today afternoon in KTV. Was better able to associate with the movie, than may ben10 years ago. Flawless flow and wonderful performances by Maddy and Shalini.

A simple story under the patronage of a master craftsman.

Looking forward to Mani's next. Should be welcome change for Mani himself after spending the last few years digging into serious stories.

If a 'limited' Mani Ratnam can be an inspiration for many directors and make so many of the general public including me, love his characters, I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of 'unlimited' directors who can create unlimited wonders. Would be good for the industry.
:clap:

Coming back to OKK, dont quite like the title..keladi kanmani would be better..apparently mani is writing the film and hes not teaming up with anyone..some of mani's best are written by him only..so this should be good. :) and mani cant afford to go wrong this time..its a do...or die :)

Anban
15th February 2015, 12:12 PM
nayagan :lol:

side-la oru oramaa crowd-a control pannittu irunthavarellaam Director-aa :rotfl:

A.ANAND
15th February 2015, 02:07 PM
paya pulla enna logic-ka pesuthuparu...ha..ha..kamal kuda limited actorthan..no versatile..pannathethan thiruma thirumba pannaru..bored..better kamal retired!!!awwwwww...

Mahen
23rd February 2015, 07:49 PM
http://img.indiaglitz.com/tamil/news/OKKanmani_2302.jpg

Parthyy
23rd February 2015, 07:53 PM
Nityamenon ku Badhil Samantha potrukalaam would hav been awesome..

selvakumar
23rd February 2015, 08:43 PM
Just like Bharathiraja, Mani rathnam continues to torture us. He had lost the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faithiu11
23rd February 2015, 09:13 PM
Nityamenon ku Badhil Samantha potrukalaam would hav been awesome..budget might not permitted him to do so...thulasiku nithya yevalavo mel

Freedom
23rd February 2015, 11:41 PM
My personal opinion is he has lost his roots in tamil and went too much behind pan india deliverable contents which has not worked. Appadi antha Abishek bachchan kitta enna iruku nu ennaku puriyala?!

I'm not looking forward to watch Mani movies in theatres nowadays. 1 month kalichi DVD la paathukalaam category ku poitaar!

m_23_bayarea
23rd February 2015, 11:57 PM
Appadi antha Abishek bachchan kitta enna iruku nu ennaku puriyala?!

I think he has had a certain affinity to superstar off-springs in the last decade, may be for promotional reasons?

Mahen
24th February 2015, 03:36 AM
My personal opinion is he has lost his roots in tamil and went too much behind pan india deliverable contents which has not worked. Appadi antha Abishek bachchan kitta enna iruku nu ennaku puriyala?!

I'm not looking forward to watch Mani movies in theatres nowadays. 1 month kalichi DVD la paathukalaam category ku poitaar!

Kadal pan india? :confused: Abishek was superb in Guru and Yuva..I dare say his performance in Guru is better than any of our young superstars here..Ravanan-le thaan konjam miss ayiduchi

Freedom
24th February 2015, 04:33 AM
Kadal pan india? :confused: Abishek was superb in Guru and Yuva..I dare say his performance in Guru is better than any of our young superstars here..Ravanan-le thaan konjam miss ayiduchi

Kadal was not pan India, because Mani suttufied his hands and wanted to come down again. Athuvum work out aagala.

I think he is trying 1 kallu 2 maanga by roping in Abishek (& Aishwayra) in movies like Guru , Raavan post their marriage, but rendu maangavume keela vizhala!

balaajee
24th February 2015, 11:32 AM
Title updated - Title Confirmed! "Oh Kadhal Kanmani! "
#dulquarSalman (https://twitter.com/hashtag/dulquarSalman?src=hash) #nithyamenon (https://twitter.com/hashtag/nithyamenon?src=hash) #maniratnam (https://twitter.com/hashtag/maniratnam?src=hash) #PCSriram (https://twitter.com/hashtag/PCSriram?src=hash) #ARR (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ARR?src=hash) #okk (https://twitter.com/hashtag/okk?src=hash)

Music4Ever
24th February 2015, 05:30 PM

Many duds after Alaipayuthe. Hope OK Kanmani is a hit for him as well as ARR.

Mahen
28th February 2015, 05:28 AM
whenever the "a maniratnam film" line appears...my heart pounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TieiJWTG2zU&app=desktop

A.ANAND
28th February 2015, 10:34 AM
whenever the "a maniratnam film" line appears...my heart pounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TieiJWTG2zU&app=desktop

kathukitta motta vithayum erakkaru thalaivar intha murai...sure hit..

Mahen
28th February 2015, 12:33 PM
Thalaivargal anand bhai..not just thalaivar😀

ajaybaskar
28th February 2015, 12:42 PM
Sounds promising.. :)

A.ANAND
28th February 2015, 06:58 PM
Not thalaivargal...change now..aandavargal...haha

k_vanan
28th February 2015, 08:54 PM
Wow... superb :thumbsup:

Waiting for trailer :)

Shabba... kaathuku inimaiya padalgal varapoguthu :) santhosam santhosam

Mahen
1st March 2015, 10:12 AM
Mani saaar :bow: looks like a trailer from a young director..so fresh..gettting ready for Alaipayuthey 2 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBG4vlhcCc&feature=youtu.be

Siv.S
1st March 2015, 12:32 PM
:clap: :clap: waiting for the songs.. Thalaivar is in a great form... back to back hits :musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
1st March 2015, 12:43 PM
எத்தனை இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் வரட்டும், போகட்டும். இந்த மனிதரைப் போல ஒவ்வொரு பாட்டும் புதுமையாக இருக்க மெனக்கெடுவது யாரும் இல்லை.

A.ANAND
1st March 2015, 04:37 PM
'OKK trailer paathen..maniratnam innu oru puthu payyan vanthirukanam...innum 10 varusathukku intha paiyyan enggayo pogapora parungga'.woow...ha..ha..aandavargal in full form...!!!

nickraman
1st March 2015, 09:52 PM
'OKK trailer paathen..maniratnam innu oru puthu payyan vanthirukanam...innum 10 varusathukku intha paiyyan enggayo pogapora parungga'.woow...ha..ha..aandavargal in full form...!!!

In MS Bhaskar style, "mark my words, intha paiyyan engeyo poparaan."

selvakumar
2nd March 2015, 01:39 AM

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.ANAND
2nd March 2015, 10:11 AM

ha...ha...!!

A.ANAND
2nd March 2015, 10:37 AM
OkKanmani Trailer has crossed 8lakh + views on youtube in 24 hrs

mappi
2nd March 2015, 08:54 PM
https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10869390_965832140116775_8988567276207458135_o.png

AdhiTara - a beautiful Indo-Aryan name. Was wondering when I saw the glimpse, what was MR upto with a title card resembling Miramax title card. The rushing of letters as fast hitting sparks from the sky forming the title makes sense when you know the heroine calling herself Tara.

While chiseling characters, MR starts right from assosiating them by their names. Surya-Subhalakshmi [Subha meaning dawn). Similarly, most of his films principle characters gets acquainted by names already.

The timid sun hiding behind the building - MR makes his mark.

rsubras
3rd March 2015, 02:24 AM
https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10869390_965832140116775_8988567276207458135_o.png

AdhiTara - a beautiful Indo-Aryan name. Was wondering when I saw the glimpse, what was MR upto with a title card resembling Miramax title card. The rushing of letters as fast hitting sparks from the sky forming the title makes sense when you know the heroine calling herself Tara.

While chiseling characters, MR starts right from assosiating them by their names. Surya-Subhalakshmi [Subha meaning dawn). Similarly, most of his films principle characters gets acquainted by names already.

The timid sun hiding behind the building - MR makes his mark.

Great observation as usual mappi

On an unrelated note, can you explain the inner meaning of the scenes in kannathil muthamittal song oru deivam thantha poove (male version). I am sure there is... But cant decipher completely

balaajee
3rd March 2015, 02:10 PM
மணிரத்னம் படத்தின் தமிழ்நாடு உரிமையை கைப்பற்றியது ஸ்டுடியோ க்ரீன்! - VIKATAN

மணிரத்னம் இயக்கத்தில் துல்கர் சல்மான், நித்யா மேனன், பிரகாஷ் ராஜ், கனிகா நடித்திருக்கும் படம் ‘ஓ காதல் கண்மணி’. படத்திற்கு இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். ஒளிப்பதிவு பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம். இந்த படத்தின் டீஸர், மற்றும் டிரெய்லர் மக்கள் மத்தியில் வரவேற்பு பெற்றுள்ளது.
இதுவரையில் படத்தின் டீஸரை 10 லட்சம் பேர் பார்த்து வைரலாக்கியுள்ளனர். ஏப்ரலில் வெளியாக உள்ள இப்படத்தின் தமிழ்நாடு ரிலீஸ் உரிமையை ஸ்டூடியோ க்ரீன் கே.இ.ஞானவேல் பெற்றுள்ளார்.
http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/ok_2.jpg
துல்கர் சல்மான் , நித்யா மேனன் இருவரும் நடித்து கேரளாவில், ‘பெங்களூரு டேஸ்’, மற்றும் ’உஸ்தாத் ஹோட்டல்’ என இரு படங்களும் மெகா ஹிட் ஆனதால், இந்த படம் மலையாள மக்கள் மத்தியிலும் வரவேற்பு பெரும் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை.
எனவே தமிழ்நாடு உரிமையை அடுத்து கேரள உரிமை பெரும் தொகைக்கு விலைப்போகும் என எதிர்ப்பர்க்கப்படுகிறது.

mappi
3rd March 2015, 04:01 PM
rsubras,

Here is my take.

There are 2 notions to this song. It talks much about a Fathers love towards his daughter, in this case its even more emotionally high as he is talking about his adopted daughter. Their journey brings them to a point where by assuring her, he rejuvenates himself. The lyrics are quite straight forward where he vouches to her as well as to himself - whatever be the case or the form, she will be his most loved one.

What makes the 2nd notion to come into existence are the visuals. Coupled with some mind blowing instrumentation with great inotations which usually accompany a Buddhist chant. [There are various forms of Buddhist Chants, and thats an off topic). The magic behind this song in the unison of sound, visuals & meaning, that it gets stuck with viewer.

Not detailing much, I will just go thru the initial visuals + the inner meanings of the lyrics.

The song is basically about Nonattachment, one of the values of Buddhism. To make it simple & short : Attachment is about the attacher and the things that he is attaching to. Nonattachment is a state where you don't have anything to attach to, a kind of unity that all seems to make everything one and the same as in a unified universe. A big concept in Buddhism. So how is it interpelled in the song. Its not the core of the philoposhy but the state of mind of the little child who is slowly getting suck into the vaccum of nonattachment towards the world and her surrounding, looking at which the father cracks - should a little child undergo such a torture ?

When Amudha turns 9, her parents inform her that she is their adopted child. From there, encouraged by their adopted parents, Amudha goes in search of her biological parents. During this journey and the emotional horrors it hold, through each advancement Amudha enters doors and doors of nothingness. She starts to loose her indentity and the little heart weeps for the parents she had never seen. Slowly she moves emotionally away from her adopted parents. When Thiru observes the difficult phase Amudha is going thru, he has no other choice but allow Amudha to choose her own destiny. But still she is his first daughter and she will always be. This mechanism of acceptence by emotional closeness on an already detached object, Thiru sings these lines substituting Amudha to The Buddha himself.

Visuals, a glimpse :

The opening shows the nature of the river, that takes the route of the banks. Following it in the opposite direction you reach its source. A kind of what Amudha is trying to do - backtracking. Then you see Amudha sitting, quite solid as a rock (the white symbolising the purity - just like the color of the water falling on the rocks), but the parting drops are filmed as tear drops flying away from her face. An amazing shot depicting Amudha internal suffereings.

Here comes the direct link to Buddha, when you see Amudha sitting as the Buddha himself. She is also seen taking the Path of the Monks, but inturn she becomes not only the part of her wound but the creator of the wound itself. Then she seen sitting with a grass ... so on so forth.

Lastly a small take on the lyrical meaning combining it with Philosophy :

oru dheyivam thandha poovae => A devine Gift

kannil thedal enna thaayae => The attachment the eye seeks

(There are 2 important lines in this songs, the above one and the last one. Here it states what else does Amudha's eyes seek for, what is she looking for to get attached, when her attachments is just beside, me, Thiru, your father; add in the plot point, the most beautiful lines in the song)

vazhvu thodangum idam needhaanae => Hope

vaanam mudiyumidam needhaanae => limitless (boundless => Anandha)

kaatrai poala nee vandhayae swasamaga nee nindrayae => No identity as in materialistic address

maarbil oorum uyirae => The beat of the heart that indicates life, a reason to live ... so on so forth.

Attachment / Detachement : Emotions

enadhu sondham nee, yenadhu pagaiyum nee => Love & Hate

kadhal malarum nee, karuvil muLLum nee => Rose & Thorn

chella mazhaiyum nee, chinna idiyum nee => Rain & Thunder

pirandha udalum nee, piriyum uyirum nee => Body & Soul

maraNam meenda jananam nee => Its actually the love he has for her which is immortal or eternal

Attachment / Detachement : Materialistic likeness (the mechanism of attachment according to what one sees & touches)

enadhu selvam nee, enadhu varumai nee => Wealth & poverty (ruppees, euros, dollars, toilet paper)

izhaiththa kavidhai nee, ezhuththu pizhaiyum nee => Expectations

iraval velicham nee, iravin kannir nee => Light & Darkness (the unseen tear drop)

enadhu vaanam nee, izhandha siragum nee => Height of the highest

naan thooki vallartha thuyaram nee => A wonderful line : the complete submission - we made each other what we are.

'Oru Deivan Thantha Poove' song from Kannathil Muthamittal (A Peck on the Cheek) written and directed by Mani Rathnam, Songs composed by AR Rahman for the lyrics by Vairamuthu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNyEhtTK7hw

Mahen
3rd March 2015, 06:50 PM
Mappi:bow:

ArulprakasH
3rd March 2015, 07:00 PM
Awesome Mappi.. :notworthy: One of my favourite movie it is...

Mahen
3rd March 2015, 07:12 PM
1.5mil views and 11000+ comments..not bad for director who has been giving flops, recycling scenes etc:)

k_vanan
3rd March 2015, 07:18 PM
Kalakkal Mappi :)

A.ANAND
3rd March 2015, 09:20 PM
Mappi sir,ungga kulleyum etho onnu irukku parungga...superb!!

rsubras
4th March 2015, 12:56 AM
thanks very much for the insight mappi...... :)

now i could relate most of these things...... except for couple more things in the same song......... Amudha wears maddy's specs and is seen writing something in madhavan's hand, and then erases it, starts again...... and then in another shot, she is seen holding a bunch of fresh flowers and splashes it at madhavan.......

this also explains about the female version of that song.......where simran tries to comfort her that all is well and they are her parents...... and what is the significance of the yellow umbrella that she holds in that song....... i remember mani, initially wanted to name this film as manjal kudai (and if i am right he had vairamuthu write this film as a short story in some magazine by the same name) ......so there must be something to it.......

mappi
4th March 2015, 05:28 PM
"Amudha wears maddy's specs and is seen writing something in madhavan's hand"

It's more than just specs. It is a misted up specs.

Its a visual narration to the lines 'izhaiththa kavidhai nee, ezhuththu pizhaiyum nee'. Symbolically it looks like she is writing on a 'olai chuvadi' the lines of her heart or desire. Immediately she erases it, as she is not sure yet on what to expect. Coupling it with the lyrical lines, you get - erasing what was written seeing it as a mistake. Maybe she is trying to rewrite her 'thalai ezhuthu' somehow beleiving that rewritten on her father's palms can do wonders.

Misted Up Specs - not a clear vision. She is actually seeing through his eyes, and finds everything to be wrong. She strikes them. What one is seeing to which the other is blind. There is another opposite shot, where she wipes his specs, inviting him to see her POV clearly.

"she is seen holding a bunch of fresh flowers and splashes it at madhavan"

Its the state of her mind. Mind the Monkey. There you are on the hands of your father, overlooking the most beautiful water falls with a beautiful bunch of flowers in your hand - all you can wear is a monk costume and shake the flower and hit it on the cheek which is waiting to be pecked - there is a problem.

There are subordinates to it, the grass/bouquet shots. The state of mind again. A 9 years old kid staring at a grass, and looking into the open with empty emotion when her father appraoches her - there is a problem here. Similarly, he is holding a bouquet for her, he collected, rather hand picked the flowers for her, those are his dreams for her, but she is happy with the one she made, and is seen merrily dancing with it. She even tries to offer it to him (motive linked to the specs wiping shot)

Throughout the song, there is a lot of communication going on between them, even though it looks monologued in nature.

Yellow Umbrella

There are certain depictions to colors in an art work. It even projects the mood under which certain paintings were drawn by an artist, including the brush strokes, shades etc., just by looking at the color or pallette used. Eventhough you cannot go inside an artist mind to extract what it was suppose to be/mean, but you can atleast come closer using the color codes. See, these are just theories, not inferences.

In film making, colors are often used, and at most places its purpose is just another glam doll. But few, very few, film makers understand its usage, and advance their ideas through colors. Each color has a significance.

That Girl in Yellow Boots. Why not red boots or green boots !
Kill Bill. Why not a black suit or a rose one !
McDonalds symbol, the joy it wants to convey.
Smileys

Yellow color signifies certain positive and negative aspects : Happiness, sunshine, joy, wisdom etc., dishonesty, betrayal, illness etc.,

Here maybe, Mani wanted to use it to showcase 'optimism'. The 'positiveness' of a mother whose child is not hers, the 'hope' or 'joy' or 'beleif' of the child towards her adoptive mother. Both share the same 'happiness' under the shades of a Yellow Umbrella.

mappi
4th March 2015, 05:41 PM
https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11038394_967670529932936_1319846274781069726_n.jpg ?oh=11fac3b96ceeb6bbbe994f2a54616e48&oe=558B379D

mappi
6th March 2015, 09:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10422175_968851353148187_3719596913422181403_n.jpg ?oh=41db1d061eaf92f049e1560db05f6127&oe=55704C6E&__gda__=1435708850_96fd50c1dad8f280349e33a1aff899d 1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11034171_968851366481519_3541232503399089374_n.jpg ?oh=3765c15c330e0fd7583f0d5e0c6117ca&oe=557C43B3&__gda__=1438520281_56b0d56fb725f8c7655c6dd3e803f81 3

A.ANAND
9th March 2015, 11:58 AM
OK Bangaram - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcIL3qsd1-0

A.ANAND
9th March 2015, 12:03 PM
intha padatha maniratnam hit koduthey aagavendiya kattayathila irukaru, vera valiye illa..

A.ANAND
9th March 2015, 12:07 PM
For the first time ... Just for Mani Ratnam's sake
Mar 08, 2015

As we had reported earlier, Dulquer Salmaan wouldn't be dubbing in his own voice for OK Bangaram, the Telugu version of Mani Ratnam's OK Kanmani, which has Nithya Menen as the female lead.

Nani has dubbed for Dulquer in the Telugu version, and this marks the first time that he is dubbing for another actor. This is what the charming actor had to say about the experience

"For the first time i am giving my voice for an another actor. When u get a call from the legend himself..how can u not.

Finally got to work with Mani sir for OK Bangaram ..hope bigger things follow :) Its an amazing experience working with Mani sir ..i am here with the man himself :) #dreamcometrue"

OK Kanmani is set for release in April.

A.ANAND
10th March 2015, 11:08 AM
Vairamuthu on Mani Ratnam and O Kadhal Kanmani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJS79syC3c

A.ANAND
16th March 2015, 11:13 AM
OK Kanmani - Mental Manadhil Video Song - A Glimpse | Mani Ratnam, A R Rahman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6IkGLhBTo

interz
16th March 2015, 03:07 PM
Maybe its just me or does the song remind of Aaha Tamilamma from the movie Kangalaal Kaithu Sei?

interz
17th March 2015, 01:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp05ZCG3yMk
credit: sonymusicsouthvevo

full version, enjoy.

Mahen
17th March 2015, 10:55 AM
Okayish..expected a better single track

ArulprakasH
17th March 2015, 11:43 AM
First time keakkum pothu oru maathiri irunthuchu... Ippo rocking.. :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
17th March 2015, 12:55 PM
enjoyble breezy n peppy song..!!!

A.ANAND
17th March 2015, 01:23 PM
Mani Ratnam Vs Kamal Haasan at the TN box-office!

Looks like Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain and Mani Ratnam’s O Kadhal Kanmani will be clashing at the box office and both these films are doing excellent pre-release business.

After the Tamil Nadu and Telugu rights of O Kadhal Kanmani have been sold to Studio Green and Dil Raju, now prominent distributor Prime Media has bagged the USA distribution rights of the film.

Interestingly Prime Media has also snapped the USA rights of Uttama Villain while the Tamil Nadu theatrical rights are with Eros and popular Tollywood producer C Kalyan is holding the Telugu dubbing rights of the film.

According to trade sources, O Kadhal Kanmani will be releasing on April 10 which means the film will be competing against Kamal’s Uttama Villain which is also slated for release on the same day.

It is worth to mention that both Mani Ratnam’s Thalapathi and Kamal Haasan’s Guna were released for 1991 Diwali, similarly Vishwaroopam (outside Tamil Nadu) and Kadal got released on February 1, 2013.

http://www.sify.com/movies/mani-ratnam-vs-kamal-haasan-at-the-tn-box-office-news-tamil-pdrj3kdbfhjgj.html

ajaybaskar
17th March 2015, 01:33 PM
Not many times you wake up humming a song you listened the previous night. Mental Manadhil did exactly that to me. ARR again proves that age is just a number and has come up with such a groovy, peppy number. Hats off!!

This is not the usual slow poison Rahman song that grows on you with every listen. It straightaway sits easy on your ears. If this song is anything to go by, I an expecting a classic album once again from the proven combo.

A.ANAND
17th March 2015, 02:01 PM
Not many times you wake up humming a song you listened the previous night. Mental Manadhil did exactly that to me. ARR again proves that age is just a number and has come up with such a groovy, peppy number. Hats off!!

This is not the usual slow poison Rahman song that grows on you with every listen. It straightaway sits easy on your ears. If this song is anything to go by, I an expecting a classic album once again from the proven combo.

athellam sarithan thalaiva...intha nativity guys enna sollarangga...haha..

Parthyy
17th March 2015, 02:18 PM
Heard nonstop such a addiction ARR:smokesmirk:
What a mesmersising voice.....after Pakthagudi,Mahivae from Highway this one instant earworm..

Cinefan
17th March 2015, 08:38 PM
Got me hooked the very first time I listened to it as part of the teaser.

After a long time an ARR song which I like : thumbsup:

gane14
17th March 2015, 09:26 PM
Its been long time since a Rahman song being liked by me on the first listen, padal arumai, addicted and on loop :thumbsup:

aceqoxim
18th March 2015, 12:47 AM
Loving ARR after a very long time. This track took me right back to my childhood, the 90's ARR I loved and missed. Song is on repeat just for how ARR sings 'taka taka taka' and 'OK en kanmani madiyil' 👌

rachel
18th March 2015, 05:15 AM
nice song

Mahen
18th March 2015, 05:18 AM
:shock: its opposite for me.. First time not liking an arr number..

nickraman
18th March 2015, 05:34 AM
athellam sarithan thalaiva...intha nativity guys enna sollarangga...haha..

OKK nalla illai sollitu, meendum KT album repeat mode-nu oru post poduvan.

rsubras
18th March 2015, 05:36 AM
The only time i liked a ARR number on first listen was nila kaigirathu and the only album that i loved on first hearing was Indhra....

This song got me hooked from the 2nd and 3rd hearing.....but somehow, somewhere i felt a diff singer should have been used.... as i get a indiane vaa kind of feel at some places when he stretches..... hope on multiple listens i get over that feeling :)

ajaybaskar
18th March 2015, 10:02 AM
Subbu,

Checkout the Telugu version sung by Krishna Chaitanya. I am sure you will like it for the freshness in the voice.

gane14
20th March 2015, 11:30 PM
Mental Manadhil, One minute video teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYvy5nsFiM

Parthyy
21st March 2015, 02:39 AM
Dulquer is just incredible...too good ....Pair chemistry is perfect .First day Must watch !
Wished they could avoided shaking in colourful visuals

A.ANAND
21st March 2015, 04:06 PM
every scene inspiration for GVM...haha

A.ANAND
27th March 2015, 01:32 PM
The much-awaited OK Kanmani track list is here
Mar 27, 2015

Mani Ratnam’s directorial OK Kanmani is undoubtedly one of the most awaited films of 2015. The film features Dulquer Salmaan and Nithya Menen as leads and has music composed by A R Rahman.

The track list of the film is ready and is as follows

1. Kaara Aattakkaara - Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Darshana, Shashaa Tirupati

2. Aye Sinamika - Karthik

3. Parandhu Sella Vaa - Karthik, Shashaa Tirupati

4. Mental Manadhil - A.R.Rahman, Jonita Gandhi

5. Naane Varugiraen - Shashaa Tirupati, Sathya Prakash

6. Theera Ulaa - A.R.Rahman, Darshana, Nikhita Gandhi

7. Mental Manadhil - Jonita Gandhi

8. Malargal Kaettaen - Chitra, A.R.Rahman

9. Maula Wa Sallim - A.R.Ameen

With nine tracks and experienced singers like A R Rahman, Chitra, Karthik and new talents like Jonita Gandhi, Darshana, Shashaa Tirupati, Sathya Prakash, Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Nikhita Gandhi and AR Rahman’s son A R Ameen, the album sure sounds great.

Waiting for the audio release which is expected to happen very soon!

Woow..9 song..

ajaybaskar
27th March 2015, 03:22 PM
If the tracklist is out, the launch should be in couple of days.

A.ANAND
28th March 2015, 10:41 AM
Album release1april bro..but no news about audio lunch

nickraman
29th March 2015, 08:17 PM
Ennadhu? April 1st Audio va? Padathuku 24th April thaan release. Intha 23 days gap-la songs-ku reach varummaa?

nickraman
30th March 2015, 04:23 AM
9. Maula Wa Sallim - A.R.Ameen

Innoru Hindu-Muslim lou story irukkumo? Pochu. Meendum sandai ready.

A.ANAND
30th March 2015, 08:35 PM
Vaippe illangga sare!maula vecci entha mudivukkum varathingga..oru Bombay kaga Mani ilanthathu konja nanja milla..

Mahen
31st March 2015, 11:10 AM
Tara and aadhi are hindu names.. So definitely not a hindu-muslim lou story

A.ANAND
3rd April 2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I_Eqt1xRRU

kumarsr
3rd April 2015, 10:26 PM
Picturization is all good. Paattu Thaan Sumaaru

Mahen
4th April 2015, 05:25 AM
:shock:..never happened for any ARR album..only 1 song is instantly likeable..which is Malargale Ketten..no where near AP and KAdal

nickraman
4th April 2015, 05:34 AM
Kind of a let down. Mental manadhil and malargal kaeten only picks. Rest not so much. Andha kaara attakaara rap is sodhappal.

Mahen
4th April 2015, 06:08 AM
And one more..Aya sinamika..breezy tune..rdb type..overall its still a disappointment..must be the weakest album of Mani-ARR

Anban
4th April 2015, 11:43 AM
Ennapaa ithu, valakkam pola ellorum positive reviews pottaa thaane, namma post kku oru mariyathai.. Neenga ellaam paattu mokkainu sonneenganaa naan enna panrathu..

interz
4th April 2015, 04:46 PM
Stuck at Naane Varugiren, easily pick of the album. Mental Manadhil AR Rahman version is already making others around me mental because I listen to it a lot. The only song I dislike in the album is Kaara Aattakaara but After long time (since Aayutha Ezhuthu-2004) I am liking most of the songs in Manirathnam movie with AR Rahman.

Music4Ever
4th April 2015, 07:29 PM
Ennapaa ithu, valakkam pola ellorum positive reviews pottaa thaane, namma post kku oru mariyathai.. Neenga ellaam paattu mokkainu sonneenganaa naan enna panrathu..

Uttama villain la kamal thoppaya vechukittu single kissku alladraaru. Adhukku onga comment thaeva padumae, anga poi jamaainga!

Music4Ever
4th April 2015, 07:32 PM
And one more..Aya sinamika..breezy tune..rdb type..overall its still a disappointment..must be the weakest album of Mani-ARR

High expectation creates disappointment :)

ajaybaskar
4th April 2015, 07:43 PM
OKK has easily exceeded my expectations and the combo has always done that. If any contemporary composer manages to come half close to the genius of ARR, I will be happy.

Thalaivar effortlessly jumps across genres and gives a different experience on each listen. We have been cheated with fake benchmarks till the entry of ARR and now he sets his own benchmarks. OKK is one such.

Parandhu Sellava - My pick of the album. What starts as a capella slowly transcends to a different plane altogether with a burst of strings in the final part. Karthik and Shashaa have done a fabulous job, complementing ARR

Naane Varugiren - Another pick of mine. I dont know much about the raagas. But i am quite sure that it is close to the one uses in Main Vari Vari in Mangal Pandey. Again Shashaa nails it. A very difficult track to sing.

Aattakkaara - Another 'Only ARR possible' song. Mixing rap intelligently with a stunning chorus with heavy beats in the backdrop.

Malargal Kaetten - Chitra again proves that experience matters. She does complete justice to the beautiful tune and ARR signs off in style.

Theera Ula - A trance blended with carnatic. Honestly, I listened to it only once because i was immersed in the above mentioned songs. Sounds promising

Music4Ever
4th April 2015, 08:28 PM
OKK has easily exceeded my expectations and the combo has always done that. If any contemporary composer manages to come half close to the genius of ARR, I will be happy.

Thalaivar effortlessly jumps across genres and gives a different experience on each listen. We have been cheated with fake benchmarks till the entry of ARR and now he sets his own benchmarks. OKK is one such.

Parandhu Sellava - My pick of the album. What starts as a capella slowly transcends to a different plane altogether with a burst of strings in the final part. Karthik and Shashaa have done a fabulous job, complementing ARR

Naane Varugiren - Another pick of mine. I dont know much about the raagas. But i am quite sure that it is close to the one uses in Main Vari Vari in Mangal Pandey. Again Shashaa nails it. A very difficult track to sing.

Aattakkaara - Another 'Only ARR possible' song. Mixing rap intelligently with a stunning chorus with heavy beats in the backdrop.

Perhaps, unlike Mahen, you tempered your expectations to begin with so that you could avoid disappointment? :) For me, I have to listen a few more times to give my assessment. Many songs were catchy on the first listen itself, though.

ajaybaskar
4th April 2015, 08:40 PM
No bro. I listened to it like i listen to any ARR album, with an open mind. Expectations will always be there but I know that some songs will immediately catch ur attention and others will manage it later. So no disappointments. I am sure Mahen will love them in the near future.

easygoer
4th April 2015, 09:09 PM
Another outstanding album from Mani-ARR Combo

On initial hearing, the feel was just average but something pushed me to listen it again and again. Now after listening 3-4 times, sensing a new high in all the songs. Finding it very difficult to pick the best as each and every song offers something unique and an exuberant feel.On the way to become to an addict to the songs...

Way to go A R Rahman...

mexicomeat
5th April 2015, 11:15 AM
the trailer doesn't give anything away - is the movie in anyway related to the delhi gang rape incident?

ajaybaskar
5th April 2015, 12:34 PM
Not sure about that. But it's about a living together couple

Mahen
6th April 2015, 04:51 AM
The beauty of paranthu sella is unleashed when karthik starts singing nanaithu kolla va..:bow: the album is slowly growing:)

Nasc
6th April 2015, 07:55 AM
loved naane varugiren...has a very good vidhyasaagar touch to it...awesome...

ajaybaskar
6th April 2015, 08:11 AM
The beauty of paranthu sella is unleashed when karthik starts singing nanaithu kolla va..[emoji144] the album is slowly growing:)
That is where is it the song exactly takes off for a flight. Quite fitting to the title of the song

Mahen
6th April 2015, 11:30 AM
the trailer doesn't give anything away - is the movie in anyway related to the delhi gang rape incident?
As per pc's tweet, true story abt mani's friends daughter.. Just like Alaipayuthey..one thing for sure, mani's okk will earn the wrath of kalacharam group :) i remember when ap was released, many group blamed manis film for the decline of moral values :lol:

A.ANAND
7th April 2015, 09:57 AM
since roja,mani n arr combovin utchamtham okk album..they r discover each every album..easya dissapointing,worst,weakest appadi innu ennala sollamudiyala..mudiyathu!!

next level...athukkum mela..

A.ANAND
7th April 2015, 10:58 AM
Something old, something new

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/something-old-something-new/

A.ANAND
7th April 2015, 11:01 AM
Liked the comment from vengkat ramanan

Talking in terms of Harris Jayaraj or Ilaiyaraaja, or how it’s similar to “Alaipaaythey” or “nice-ish” is trivial, What ARR has done, especially in the last two albums is that his songs are becoming more pastiche.The songs like “Theera Ulaa” or “Kaara Aattakkaara” there is so much randomness. its hard to even list out, it feels like hip-hop, rock, indian pop, alternative rock, new-age, electronic, synth and so on. it feels like being taken on a journey across musical genres, unpredictable yet unique. This reminds me of what Tarantino had once said, “I always hope that if one million people see my movie, they see one million different movies”.

A.ANAND
7th April 2015, 11:19 AM
my pick..malargal ketten..theer ula[arr voice n rendition woow]aye sinamika,kara attakara..

'i m boring doing same thing' innu sonnathu thalaivar sonnathu ippa puriyuthu..salute thalaiva!!!

unnakku nigar veru evarum illa,varapovathum illa!!

A.ANAND
7th April 2015, 12:00 PM

atharkana ella saathiya kurugalaum irupathagave karutthugiren..

pamrang
7th April 2015, 08:19 PM
atharkana ella saathiya kurugalaum irupathagave karutthugiren..

I don't see anything like that in the trailer - seems like a alaipayuthe kind of movie with a live in / commitment issues thrown into the mix - ungalukku eppadinga ithellaam theriyuthu? Ethai vechu solreenga?

Srimannarayanan
7th April 2015, 09:51 PM
Splendid songs. I liked a lot :)

A.ANAND
8th April 2015, 09:22 AM
I don't see anything like that in the trailer - seems like a alaipayuthe kind of movie with a live in / commitment issues thrown into the mix - ungalukku eppadinga ithellaam theriyuthu? Ethai vechu solreenga?

MR not revealed anything in trailer...but ennakku enakku ennamo etho tragediya based panni irukalaam innu enakku thonuthu...just my opinion..90% love panna evanum pakka maatan ippa irukira trend la..athukaga sonnen!!

A.ANAND
8th April 2015, 11:26 AM
kara aatakara

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153167373771093&set=vb.384178576092&type=2&theater

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th April 2015, 02:43 PM
Watched Trailer - Hero not OK ! This guy is emotionless ! Can't read single emotion in his face. Especially coffee scene ! Too bad
Other than than everything is OK....

ajaybaskar
8th April 2015, 02:51 PM
IPVK,

I hope u havent watched any of his films so far. He is a decent actor and a good looking one. Watched Vaayai Moodi Pesavum in fame national, Chennai during its release and the gals went mad when he appeared on screen.

pamrang
8th April 2015, 09:03 PM
MR not revealed anything in trailer...but ennakku enakku ennamo etho tragediya based panni irukalaam innu enakku thonuthu...just my opinion..90% love panna evanum pakka maatan ippa irukira trend la..athukaga sonnen!!

Okay. Good guess - let's see.....

nickraman
8th April 2015, 09:50 PM
UA aam pola. Gone to revising committee. Pesama andha certificate vaangi release pannalam. Yedhuku intha tax free mannagatti.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th April 2015, 10:25 PM
IPVK,

I hope u havent watched any of his films so far. He is a decent actor and a good looking one. Watched Vaayai Moodi Pesavum in fame national, Chennai during its release and the gals went mad when he appeared on screen.

He's good looking but innum enna impress pannala ! Will catch VMP when i'm free and then furthur comment :)

Music4Ever
9th April 2015, 05:28 AM
IPVK,

Many many more gals probably went mad when Maddy was around. This guy seemed artificial doing those movements with his hands when riding the bike. Andha ponnu also. Don't know how the movie is going to shape up.

Nasc
9th April 2015, 11:47 AM
nothing revealed in trailer ...based on the song lyrics though ,Naane varugiren seems to be a situational /important song similar to minsaara kanavu la vennilave song.

the song's lyrics suggest a situation probably involving a 3rd person in the mix - either with the heroine or hero ????

A.ANAND
9th April 2015, 01:30 PM
A.R.RAHMAN ON OK KANMANI MUSIC AND MANI RATNAM VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmDPlNxpTl4#t=195

A.ANAND
9th April 2015, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mCSBXcJh5I

Mahen
9th April 2015, 01:38 PM
UA aam pola. Gone to revising committee. Pesama andha certificate vaangi release pannalam. Yedhuku intha tax free mannagatti.
I think its not for tax purpose..mainly to get bigger audience esp family.. Heard ua due to adult content..one thing for sure its not gona be a usual love story..heard few young heroes rejected the role because of this

Cinemarasigan
9th April 2015, 02:21 PM
The story will be "How a gang rape incident will have an effect on the life of the lead pair"... Will be interesting to see whether the Hero or Heroine is involved in the incident.

Nasc
9th April 2015, 03:11 PM
The story will be "How a gang rape incident will have an effect on the life of the lead pair"... Will be interesting to see whether the Hero or Heroine is involved in the incident.

is this officially announced that the story will be abt a gang rape incident?

Mahen
9th April 2015, 04:26 PM
athanne..intha rape news came from where?

A.ANAND
9th April 2015, 04:33 PM
Pora pokkala pottathu ippadi pattikicho..hahaha..namala onna karpana pannikittu..'0' ethirparpoda povom..mani sir hit kodithey aaga vendiya kattayam ithu...vera vali illa..

Cinemarasigan
9th April 2015, 05:19 PM
is this officially announced that the story will be abt a gang rape incident?

This is the rumour about the storyline going on in the cine circles in Chennai...

Siv.S
9th April 2015, 07:16 PM

Malargal Kaetten - Chitra again proves that experience matters. She does complete justice to the beautiful tune and ARR signs off in style.

Theera Ula - A trance blended with carnatic. Honestly, I listened to it only once because i was immersed in the above mentioned songs. Sounds promising

:thumbsup:

Loving each songs, Maula is the least favorite... Paranthu sellava, Naane Varugiren, Malargaley keten, Mental manathil, Aye sinamika, Kaaraa.. in that order....purchased Power amp app after listened to these song once.. wow sound engineering at its best :bow: :bow: When Karthik sings Nanainthu kollavaaa.. :omg: :bow: Now my only worry is Mani's picturization.

Pick of the album - Shashaa.

nickraman
9th April 2015, 11:58 PM
Mani: Neenga Ghajini la paarthuken, vettaiyaadu vilaladu paarthuken. Yen padathuku paakariya? Paakiriya? *in satham ilama mani style ala Arvind swamy.*

A.ANAND
10th April 2015, 10:09 AM
paranthu sellava...goiyala...savadi!!!

Mahen
10th April 2015, 10:39 AM
Pc has already made a film with a similar subject..

A.ANAND
10th April 2015, 11:00 AM
which movie??

Nasc
10th April 2015, 01:48 PM
This is the rumour about the storyline going on in the cine circles in Chennai...

if true, sensitive subject ...a slight slip in the way it is handled and portrayed- will have the deepika padukone and vagaiyara raising flags..

Nasc
10th April 2015, 01:51 PM
which movie??
vaanam vasapadum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaanam_Vasappadum

A.ANAND
10th April 2015, 07:19 PM
OK Kanmani - Singer Karthik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQN6q3ylt-g&feature=youtu.be

OK Kanmani - Singer Shashaa Tirupati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrUupbVV1mY&feature=youtu.be

Freedom
11th April 2015, 12:35 AM

How easily said? You have to put yourself in the shoes of the producer to understand what it means to pocket extra 30% of the collections.

How easily said!!

nickraman
11th April 2015, 01:36 AM
How easily said? You have to put yourself in the shoes of the producer to understand what it means to pocket extra 30% of the collections.

How easily said!!
From Mani pov, it would dillute the point hes trying to get across. Would rather he not compromise.

nickraman
11th April 2015, 01:40 AM
if true, sensitive subject ...a slight slip in the way it is handled and portrayed- will have the deepika padukone and vagaiyara raising flags..
Mudhalla intha deephika oda vaaya mudikunam. Ava my choice panina is classic seruppadi to self. Ava engeyo sutthraanga, paazghuraanga, koothutaanga, athuku peru empowerment aam.

un vazhakai un ishtam. End dig.

rsubras
11th April 2015, 03:08 AM
surprised to see some comments..... actually i heard the album with very low expectations esp after reading itwofs karthik's review...loved the songs....... opinion varies, i agree, but i guess one thing is for sure...this album is fresh and ARR has tried out something different..... may be he might have tried these things in one or two songs in previous films.......and kara..autokara....... are you still sure that this is not good? i loved it..... esp some naughty lines in between the songs....... imo i will have this album above Raavanan / Ayitha Ezhuthu ....

Mahen
11th April 2015, 05:33 AM
OK Kanmani - Singer Shashaa Tirupati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrUupbVV1mY&feature=youtu.be

wonder how a indo-canadian can sing almost perfect tamil song...thought she was a south indian..

Mahen
11th April 2015, 05:48 AM
it may sound cliched :oops: now im absolutely loving all the songs..naane varugiren,theera ulla and paranthu sella are superb and fresh compositions..Aatakara would have been better with lesser rap and more melody...Jonita's Mental manadhil is better than ARRs due to the singing..ARR tried some fake accent which was a turn off..Anamika is :musicsmile: must have song during long drives..Maula and Malargal :bow:

Nasc
11th April 2015, 07:53 AM
wonder how a indo-canadian can sing almost perfect tamil song...thought she was a south indian..

not exactly..naane varugiren la - konjam pronunciations slipping - e.g yedho ku bathil yetho

A.ANAND
11th April 2015, 02:19 PM
#KWDD With Legends ARR ,Manirathnam, vairamuthu !! Gonna Be An Interesting One !! #OKKanmani @DhivyaDharshini

A.ANAND
11th April 2015, 03:04 PM
Director Maniratnam Interview for Friday Star On Radio Mirchi

https://soundcloud.com/titus-ajai-alexander/maniratnam-on-friday-star

Mahen
11th April 2015, 03:34 PM
normally i dont watch that DD show..but this time must watch :)

A.ANAND
11th April 2015, 04:10 PM
normally i dont watch that DD show..but this time must watch :)

me too..buiduppin thilagi..kanja adicha mathiri ore aarpattam..intha show-la enna aniyayam pannutho..ARR n MR vera!!

A.ANAND
11th April 2015, 04:18 PM
திரையிசை: ஆன்மாவைத் தீண்டும் குட்டிப் பையன்

மணிரத்னம் - ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் கூட்டணி என்றாலே இசை அசத்தலாக இருக்கும். அந்த வகையில் சில தோல்விகளுக்குப் பிறகு மிக குறைவான கால அவகாசத்தில் மணிரத்னம் எடுத்திருக்கும் படமான ‘ஓ காதல் கண்மணி’ மிகப்பெரிய எதிர்பார்ப்பைக் கிளப்பியிருக்கிறது.

மௌன ராகம், அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், அலை பாயுதே போன்று இளமை ததும்பும் காதல் படமாக இதுவும் இருக்கும் என்று ட்ரெய்லரும் பாடல்களும் கட்டியம் கூறுகின்றன. அதிரடி, மெலடி, மோனம் என மணிரத்னம், ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான், வைரமுத்து மூன்று பேரும் தங்களைப் புதுப்பித்துக் கொண்டது போல் பாடல்கள் இருக்கின்றன. மன…மன…மன…மெண்டல் பாடலின் பரவசம் ஏற்கனவே இளைஞர்களைத் எட்டிவிட்டது.

‘ஓ காதல் கண்மணி’ ஆல்பத்தின் கடைசிப் பூங்கொத்தாக மௌவ்லாய சல்லி என்ற சூஃபி பிரார்த்தனைப் பாடல் இடம்பெறுகிறது. மிகக் குறைந்த வாத்திய இசையுடன், ஒரு குழந்தை, உலகத்தை நோக்கி ஆத்மார்த்தமாக இறைஞ்சுவதைப் போன்ற உணர்வைக் கொடுக்கும் பாடல் இது.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் குட்டிமகன் ஏ.ஆர்.அமீன் பாடியுள்ள பாடல். சங்கராபரணம் ராகத்தின் மென்மையான ஸ்வரங்களை நேர்த்தியாகக் கோத்து ஆங்காங்கே பெஹாக் மற்றும் யமன் ராகங்களின் ஹிந்துஸ்தானி அம்சங்களைத் தூவி இந்தப் பாடலை வடிவமைத்திருக்கிறார் ரஹ்மான். இந்த அரேபியப் பாடலை எழுதியவர் 11-ம் நூற்றாண்டில் வாழ்ந்த எகிப்திய ஞானி இமாம் ஷராஃபுதின் முகமத் அல் பசாரி. அவர் பக்கவாதத்தால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டிருந்தபோது எழுதிய கவிதை இது.

தனது உடல்நலத்துக்காக அல்லாவைத் தொழுதுவிட்டு உறங்கியபோது, இந்தக் கவிதையைப் பாடியது போல் கனவு கண்டார். நபிகள் நாயகத்தின் அங்கி அவரது உடலைத் தொட்டு குணப்படுத்தும் காட்சியையும் கனவில் கண்டார். கண் விழித்த அல் பசாரிக்கு உடல் குணமாகியிருந்தது. இந்த பிரார்த்தனைக் கவிதை மனனம் செய்யப்பட்டு வழிவழியாக கடத்தப்பட்டு பின்னர் மசூதிகளிலும், மதராசாக்களின் சுவர்களிலும் பொறிக்கப்பட்டன.

மௌவ்லாய சல்லி வசல்லிம் தாயி மண் அபதன்

அலா ஹபீபி பிக்க கைரில் ஹல்கி குல்லிஹிமி

என்று ஆரம்பிக்கும் பாடல் தமிழ் சினிமா இசை ரசிகர்களுக்கு முற்றிலும் புதிய அனுபவத்தைக் கொடுப்பது.

எங்களின் எஜமானரே! உங்கள் படைப்புகளிலேயே சிறந்த, உங்களின் அன்புக்குரிய நபிக்கு ஆசிர்வாதம் மற்றும் அமைதியைச் சொல்வீர்களாக! என்பதுதான் முதல் வரிகளின் அர்த்தம்.

‘ஜோதா அக்பர்’ படத்தில் ‘க்வாஜா மேரே க்வாஜா’ பாடலில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் பாடி எப்படி நம் இதயத்தைத் தீண்டினாரோ, அதே மந்திரக் குரலால் இந்தப் பாடல் வழியாக ஆன்மாவை வருடுகிறார் அமீன்.

A.ANAND
11th April 2015, 04:19 PM
Nikkil Murugan ‏@onlynikil 14m14 minutes ago

#OKKanmani audio success meet to start in few minutes. Stay tuned for live updates @hasinimani @StudioGreen2

rsubras
11th April 2015, 09:54 PM
kaara..aata kaara has been dissed by many........ but this is my current hot favorite of this track.... mental manathil is everyone's favorite....... paranthu sellava getting slowly there,....... other tracks have some underlying tinge of sadness feel in varying proportions to it.... sinaamica - hero urging an angry heroine to forgive and forget, naane varugiraen seems like some aftermath of a tragedy......theera ula gives a feel about some one going through a mix of emotions over a relation......malargal kettaen - i am not sure...whether this is some thing like Snehidane (yearning for love in an excited / happy state) or evano oruvan (yearning for love, in an aatramai state)

A.ANAND
12th April 2015, 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RJFZhLncsk#t=889

A.ANAND
12th April 2015, 12:18 PM
so the movie not based on any incident like dehli ganga rape...ect..kathala pulinji edukka poararu mani..ippave vaitha kalakuthu..

Mahen
12th April 2015, 02:17 PM
'O Kadhal Kanmani' shot in sync sound

After Aayutha Ezhuthu, Mani Ratnam has used the sync sound technology for his upcoming film O Kadhal Kanmani. Sync sound is a technique in which all the real sounds including the actor’s dialogue delivery are recorded while filming itself and hence there is no need for dubbing

Films like Virumandi, Ghajini (Hindi) have also used the sync-sound technique in the past. The problem with sync sound is that the actors should know the language well; interestingly Dulquer Salmaan has impressed Mani Ratnam with his Tamil fluency.

In a recent FM interview, Mani Ratnam said "Dulquer is a fantastic actor, he is energetic and bonus is that he is a Madras Paiyan hence we shot the film with sync sound".

Mani Ratnam also said that Dulquer is way different from his father Mammootty and he got his unique style. "Throughout the entire shooting, the only time Dulquer reminded me of his dad is when he said 'Tara' ".

The maverick director also says he feels lucky for casting Nithya Menen in the film. Mani says "Only few times, on screen heroines look exactly similar to the character you wrote. Personally, I have experienced it only twice or thrice like Shalini did in Alaipayuthey".

Mani Ratnam says Nithya Menon's role in the film is bold and independent, good thing about her is she grasps things easily and brings so much life to the character".

On Alaipayuthey's resemblance with OK Kanmani, Mani Ratnam says "If you call it as Alaipayuthey -2, I won't deny it but the relationship set-up, characterizations and everything will be different".

:clap:..

Mahen
12th April 2015, 02:22 PM
O Kadhal Kanmani' is pure experiment, says Vairamuthu

The press meet, audio release and introduction of the team- O Kadhal Kanmani took place at a five-star hotel in Chennai on April 11. The pressmeet started late by one hour and after the long wait, Mani Ratnam preferred to be tight lipped about the content of the film. It was only lyricist Vairamuthu who added some light as he said: “OK Kanmani will create cultural tremor in the society, but the real question is who is behind this sudden shocking disturbance, is it caused by artists or the society itself?”

Vairamuthu said “People like me could create such cultural tremor through writings but screenplay experts like Mani Ratnam should invest crores of money to create such impact and most importantly his experiments must be financially viable as well”

“Ok Kanmani is a pure experiment. In another fifty years we don’t even know whether there will be an institution called ‘marriage’, globalization wave is causing massive damage to our local society and I hope people would foresee the future through the film” concluded the ace lyricist.

Mani Ratnam who ducked all questions from media said that he should have warned Viaramuthu from talking such things! Dulquer Salmaan looked all excited and he shared his working experience with Mani Ratnam by saying “I was an ordinary student at school but when I got this offer in Ok Kanmani, it was like getting into IIT or IIM”.

“Some dreams will give you a feel that you want to be in that world forever and working with the great legends in Ok Kanmani has given me similar experience. I feel like, I should work with this team forever and when the film gets released, I will be saddest person” said Dulquer.

While addressing the function, Mani Ratnam thanked his entire team for the kind support. “ Vairamuthu has explained everything as I completely forgot to instruct him not to not reveal anything” said Mani Ratnam with his trademark humor sense.

When asked whether OK Kanmani deals about living-together, Mani Ratnam asked the media to wait for the release. On April 17, Studio Green will be releasing OK Kanmani in more than 350 screens in Tamil Nadu
so rape pathi ellam onnum illai :) but i feel Mani is taking a big risk..even if OKK turns out to be really good, tamil audience are not matured enough to accept this kinda film..has any bold films done well? :think: Manmadhan?

nickraman
13th April 2015, 04:38 AM
so rape pathi ellam onnum illai :) but i feel Mani is taking a big risk..even if OKK turns out to be really good, tamil audience are not matured enough to accept this kinda film..has any bold films done well? :think: Manmadhan?

New, Thullavatho Illamai

A.ANAND
13th April 2015, 05:17 AM
Living together,calture shock,experiment innu ennanomo solranga..velanguma?

venkkiram
13th April 2015, 06:01 AM
The speech of Sugasini madam already becoming talk of town. Only qualified people should write movie reviews not the ones who just got familiar with computer mouse. She says. If movie gets backfired (in the line of previous colossal failures of MR), then we can expect memes for madam.

Arvind Srinivasan
13th April 2015, 08:33 AM
That was dire from Suhasini. And for the sake of the people who've put in their best efforts for the movie, I hope the audience understands that the movie and the comments issued by Suhasini are mutually exclusive. Personally I am hopeful that the movie will be good.

Nasc
13th April 2015, 09:49 AM
i will register my version of what the twist could be in the movie..and see how it fares...

i guess the naane varugiren song has a big part to play in the movie ....it is either the hero or the heroine slipping to some one else due to the situation(read- being high or a sudden rush of lust or both or something similar )

A.ANAND
13th April 2015, 10:59 AM
PREVIEW KWDD ARR VM MR

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=591019581033892&set=vb.160562407412947&type=2

Mahen
13th April 2015, 09:05 PM
PREVIEW KWDD ARR VM MR

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=591019581033892&set=vb.160562407412947&type=2

good to see all three having fun..never seen the jovial side of mani saar.. :clap:

Mahen
13th April 2015, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxyNoi22EBI

humble man.. :bow: not only love his movies (except kadal) but also his character

A.ANAND
13th April 2015, 09:42 PM
He is very simple man..

irir123
13th April 2015, 10:47 PM
The speech of Sugasini madam already becoming talk of town. Only qualified people should write movie reviews not the ones who just got familiar with computer mouse. She says. If movie gets backfired (in the line of previous colossal failures of MR), then we can expect memes for madam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEgr39wCkg

Suhasini has the moral high ground to say anything about other films!

A.ANAND
14th April 2015, 09:04 AM
OK KANMANI EXPECTATION METER - A SLIDESHOW

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/slideshow/ok-kanmani-expectation-meter-a-slideshow/kaviperarasu-vairamuthu.html

Arvind Srinivasan
14th April 2015, 09:20 AM
For all you folks out there in the United States, here are the timings

http://143cinema.com/news/ok-kanmani-usa-schedules/

Thankfully, the movie's releasing in my place at Rochester.

A.ANAND
14th April 2015, 09:25 AM
Girl forcibly admitted into mental hospital after she liked AR Rahman songs in first hearing -

Chennai: A 22-year old girl from the city was rushed to Kilpauk mental hospital by her family and friends a couple of days ago. She was found to have liked AR Rahman songs at the first instance of hearing it and this had caused the girl’s kith & kin to freak out.

This incident has created so much shockwaves. Here, a girl in shock is seen near waves, explaining this incident to her boyfriend.

The 22-year old girl Priya had been found hearing OK Kanmani songs the morning after OK Kanmani’s music album was released. After hearing the whole album once, she is reported to have tweeted, “#OKKanmani album fabulous. Liked all the songs at first time itself. ARR = God”. Not only this, she had updated her status in Facebook too in the same way. This had sent shock waves to her Twitter followers and Facebook friends.

Her friends had called her parents and asked about her recent behaviors. Few friends even landed in her home and tried to lock her in her room before calling Kilpauk hospital.

Talking to our reporter, one of her friends, Ashwini, said, “We were shocked when she updated in Facebook that she liked OK Kanmani songs the very first time she heard. How can any sane person like AR Rahman song in first time hearing? That is why we had to admit her to mental hospital. We hope that she returns back with a sane mind and accepts that OK Kanmani songs are mind blowing after two or three days.”

We met with one ARR fan who was Priya’s cousin. He explained his anguish to us, “Any sane person will go through a series of emotions before accepting the magic in ARR’s tunes. First day of his album release, we will feel both sad of and angry at ARR. During this period, you can easily find comments from Rahman’s die-hard fans that they miss Rahman of 90s and his magic is missing ever since he went to Hollywood. The next day, we will pick some 2-3 songs and play it in loops. Only by the end of third day, we will start looping all songs of his album in our playlist. By the end of week, we will be hearing only his album and will attack any critics uttering even a single rant against our God ARR. But Priya breaking the protocol alerted us. She has to be treated for this mental illness.”

Sources close to mental hospital reveal that the doctors are sure of Priya’s mental illness and that she herself has accepted her as mental, which is good sign of recovery. For example, she was found singing ‘Mental Manadhil’ when they asked her what she has in her mind.

http://tamil.theunrealtimes.com/2015/04/08/girl-forcibly-admitted-into-mental-hospital-after-she-liked-ar-rahman-songs-in-first-hearing/

A.ANAND
14th April 2015, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEgr39wCkg

Suhasini has the moral high ground to say anything about other films!

she is lady 'leg thatha'...ippave padam marana mokka,flop innu online-la pinnaraingga..

A.ANAND
14th April 2015, 11:53 AM
KWDD ARR,MR,VR

http://www.techsatish.com/2015/04/vijay-tv-special-show-tamil-puthandu_14.html

mappi
14th April 2015, 08:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11014905_1046005198760096_7113338120661274962_n.jp g?oh=52d3f8b451700e0581064cae821a1dd8&oe=55DD1586&__gda__=1440933645_75aaf2f9fd9992e4a05a3f055179833 7

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10517514_1049132225114060_8331539188981259857_n.jp g?oh=a9ba91bbedbd6cb36a10cc69982cbb18&oe=55E56699&__gda__=1436218300_2a14dd44eab7a3dc513dde54762a632 7

Nasc
15th April 2015, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxyNoi22EBI

humble man.. :bow: not only love his movies (except kadal) but also his character

mr interview confirms the...extra terrestrial:irked: subject in the movie...

Music4Ever
15th April 2015, 06:41 AM
surprised to see some comments..... actually i heard the album with very low expectations esp after reading itwofs karthik's review...loved the songs....... opinion varies, i agree, but i guess one thing is for sure...this album is fresh and ARR has tried out something different..... may be he might have tried these things in one or two songs in previous films.......and kara..autokara....... are you still sure that this is not good? i loved it..... esp some naughty lines in between the songs....... imo i will have this album above Raavanan / Ayitha Ezhuthu ....

Forget about itwofs Karthik. He rated VTV average! Today evening I went to the video shop in Iselin (New Jersey), located in the area filled with Indian shops and bought my copy of OKK audio. The owner said there was unexpected good sales of this particular audio, which he said is happening after a long time. Luckily I got mine. Theera Ulaa, Mental Manadhil, Kaara aatakaara, and Sinamika are awesome. Except for the first two minutes parandhu sella va is also great. Only the two classical numbers are so-so, since they have predictable tunes.

A.ANAND
15th April 2015, 08:16 AM
Making everybody Mental Manadhil

maniratnam interview

At a recent press meet, your wife Suhasini said only 'qualified' people should review movies and not anybody who knew to move a mouse on the computer screen. Her comments have been slammed by everyone and it's gone viral.

I think it shouldn't necessarily be interpreted the way she said it. Maybe she didn't say it right. I know she was talking about professional criticism and had requested everybody at the event to continue supporting our films like they have always. But no matter what anybody says, including Suhasini, you can't stop people from sharing their opinion. If you make a film, I'll have my opinion and it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Cinema is public art and people have the right to express what they feel about it. Today, there's a platform for sharing opinions and it can get multiplied tremendously. We can only take the feedback and use it for giving a better product the next time. There will always be criticism but how somebody puts it across makes a whole lot of difference. I watch cricket on television and say what kind of shot a batsman is playing. But what do I really know to comment but I still do. Likewise, every film-goer will have something to say about a film. But criticism shouldn't provoke a reaction and that kind of culture is prevalent online. If it's genuine criticism, it should be welcomed. There was criticism in Kadal, and I didn't have any issue with it. I just took it in my stride.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/south-masala/Making-everybody-Mental-Manadhil/articleshow/46923330.cms

A.ANAND
15th April 2015, 08:32 AM
Mani Ratnam on OK Kanmani - Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHZzKRCdJCY#t=13

A.ANAND
15th April 2015, 08:36 AM
Forget about itwofs Karthik. He rated VTV average! Today evening I went to the video shop in Iselin (New Jersey), located in the area filled with Indian shops and bought my copy of OKK audio. The owner said there was unexpected good sales of this particular audio, which he said is happening after a long time. Luckily I got mine. Theera Ulaa, Mental Manadhil, Kaara aatakaara, and Sinamika are awesome. Except for the first two minutes parandhu sella va is also great. Only the two classical numbers are so-so, since they have predictable tunes.

Ar rahman album rated panna avaroda music blog innum populer aagum avalothan matter..only making money..avana oru padathukku music panna sollugale paapom..half baked pasangga..makkalthan rated pannaum!!

Mahen
15th April 2015, 10:48 AM
Okk and kanchana rated 18+ here.. :shaking:

Mahen
15th April 2015, 10:52 AM
Looks like kanchana 2 will have more screens here :banghead:

rsubras
15th April 2015, 11:38 AM
Ar rahman album rated panna avaroda music blog innum populer aagum avalothan matter..only making money..avana oru padathukku music panna sollugale paapom..half baked pasangga..makkalthan rated pannaum!!

That was very harsh comment Anand :) I have followed him from 2004 and he is a genuine ARR fan.... lets leave it at that..... there are some songs that get hit, but some songs stand the test of times..... i believe OKK will be one of those albums.....infact for the entire ARR-MR combo, Raavanan was probably the only album that did not become a hit either during release nor in the later times....... (except usure poguthe song)

A.ANAND
15th April 2015, 01:49 PM
Prashanth ‏@itisprashanth 3h3 hours ago

A telugu producer watched #OKKanmani. His comment " superhit or blockbuster, that is the question". Hope his words will come true.

HA..HA...!!!

Siv.S
15th April 2015, 02:18 PM
Making everybody Mental Manadhil

maniratnam interview

At a recent press meet, your wife Suhasini said only 'qualified' people should review movies and not anybody who knew to move a mouse on the computer screen. Her comments have been slammed by everyone and it's gone viral.

I think it shouldn't necessarily be interpreted the way she said it. Maybe she didn't say it right. I know she was talking about professional criticism and had requested everybody at the event to continue supporting our films like they have always. But no matter what anybody says, including Suhasini, you can't stop people from sharing their opinion. If you make a film, I'll have my opinion and it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Cinema is public art and people have the right to express what they feel about it. Today, there's a platform for sharing opinions and it can get multiplied tremendously. We can only take the feedback and use it for giving a better product the next time. There will always be criticism but how somebody puts it across makes a whole lot of difference. I watch cricket on television and say what kind of shot a batsman is playing. But what do I really know to comment but I still do. Likewise, every film-goer will have something to say about a film. But criticism shouldn't provoke a reaction and that kind of culture is prevalent online. If it's genuine criticism, it should be welcomed. There was criticism in Kadal, and I didn't have any issue with it. I just took it in my stride.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/south-masala/Making-everybody-Mental-Manadhil/articleshow/46923330.cms

Why only this part? :)

excellent answers throughout :clap:

There's lot of Alaipayuthey flavour in Oh Kadhal Kanmani (OKK). Many even say this looks like a sequel. Are you aware of these comparisons?

I've been told that people think Oh Kadhal Kanmani is Alaipayuthey 2, but it's not a sequel. It's an urban love story. What's common is that it deals with the urban youth and their relationships. The romance is set against things which are typically in a metro. We were aware of these similarities and we didn't have any problem with it. This film really deals with the way we look at life and relationships at this point in time. The story is set in Mumbai, and when you watch the film, you understand it's about people away from home who become independent of the rules and regulations of a family. It will be a breezy, contemporary film on relationship.

OKK happens to be your comeback to the romance genre in which you've made some wonderful films over the years. Are you a hardcore romantic?

I don't know if I can look at it that way. Whatever film you do, be it even with children, you do with the same amount of sincerity. It doesn't matter which genre you're working in, you try to find a honest relationship within that space, and say if it's the romance genre, within that you have to find story and characters that resonate with an audience

Nevertheless, you've earned the title 'king of romance'...

(Laughs) That's just the convenient way to put it. I think the audience takes back and retain only the romance portion from my movies. People assume I'm more comfortable with this genre. But, I think I'm uncomfortable with all the genres because each one is a struggle. I love action movies, I love drama, but I think what you like is completely different from what you want to do next. You can make a film out of different aspects you like about a genre. If you look at my last few films, they've completely been different from each other and it has been that way for many years.

Has your interpretation of romance changed since you made Alaipayuthey?

I'm just reflecting what I think is happening around me. I can understand and see how people in relationships are behaving. I'm looking at it from close quarters. The change has been happening and neither you nor I can stop it. And that change, at some point, has to get reflected in some kind of art form

Through your film, you're introducing a fresh pair - Dulquer Salman and Nitya Menen - to the audience. Could you talk about them?

I always believe half the battle is won when you cast the right actors. With Dulquer and Nitya, it was more than half. Both of them are fantastic; they're very natural, real and yet they perform like without making it look like performance. Dulquer, for instance, effortlessly gets into his character and the line somewhere blurs between his real and reel self. You can't just point at a scene and say they've done well because they've flown through the entire film with the kind of ease which is remarkable. The reason I chose them is they resonated with the characters in my mind. Both of them looked close to what would help me tell the story. I hadn't seen any previous work of Dulquer until I signed him. After that, I saw him in Bangalore Days. With Nitya, I saw parts of her work in 180 and Urumi. I liked her, but I felt I didn't see her in a full-fledged film. In OKK, she has shouldered her role right from the beginning till the end. I usually prefer to meet the actors I like to cast and get to know them. It helps me in understanding them better.

Lyricist Vairamuthu recently said your films don't fail and that they're only misunderstood. Do you agree with his view?

He's a poet and he has the license to say such things. But the fact is that films fail. You have to accept it and get on with it. There are two things to what he actually meant - whether a film is commercially successful or not because the economics of it is very important and whether you're able to achieve the kind of film you try to achieve. It's an abstract form that you have in mind when you start a film. How much ever you write a script and how much ever you work on the pre-production, it's still in abstract form. Irrespective of the result, whether you're able to make the film you had set out to make reads as whether you're satisfied with your work or not. Even if you feel you didn't handle one aspect well in a movie, it gets revealed only in the result. And then you realize maybe this which I had initially in mind, I was not able to get it across to the audience completely. It may not be the thought or structure. It may be just that I've not communicated it effectively enough. You learn from such experience and you see that you don't leave too much of a gap in communication.

Do you think there was a communication gap in the case of Kadal, which didn't do well?

There was a gap in Kadal, but there are bits and pieces of the movie I'm very proud of. On the whole, I think something went missing and it's my mistake I let that gap happen. It's only after a point; you're able to see the gap you left that you assumed will be filled in the mind of the audience. Unfortunately, it didn't work in the favour of Kadal.

Every single time you're film's music comes out, the instant reaction from the audience is that Rahman reserves the best for you. He, on the other hand, says you give him the platform to experiment. What's the secret behind this successful combo?

There's no secret to it other than the fact that both of our intentions are kind of similar in the sense it's not just that we want to make hit songs. Of course, we want to produce chartbusters, but the objective is that the kind of film defines the kind of music. When I tell him something, he thinks of ways to musically represent it. It's not just that I need six great songs. We look for songs that'll help the story to transcend. When we collaborate, we start with a definite direction in which we want to travel and within that we try and experiment. And we're also aware of what will be liked and what won't. We do have our differences and arguments but that's the whole point of working as a team. If he does what exactly I want and vice versa, we don't need each other. The fun of working together is that I should be able to nudge him into a direction in which I want and he should be able to convince me to take a different direction. In the process, the main objective shouldn't be compromised. It has always been a collaborative effort and that's what has kept it exciting.

You've reunited with P.C Sreeram after a decade in OKK. Did the long gap have any effect on your working relationship?

It's always been fun. I honestly didn't feel this was a long gap. It just looked like we've always been working. Nothing has changed between us and we have the same kind of connection, same kind of working style and continue to push each other for excellence. I think we've known each other so long that we know our likes and dislikes and this has always helped our relationship. It was fantastic working with him again. He's more than just a cinematographer; he's like family, someone very close to us. It's with him I share my ideas and tell him this is how I want to shoot it or even when I decide to drop a scene and coming up with a new one.

The industry is plagued by the number business. Everybody's talking about box-office records and the 100 crore club. Do you still continue to walk a tightrope between art and commerce or has your view changed?

Just because everybody around me talks about 100 crore business, it doesn't change the way I look at cinema. I've come here to make films in the mainstream, but within that I feel you can make sensible films. Within the mainstream, it's possible to tell a story with characters and emotions which are real, genuine and which need not be over the top. It's just that the growth in the society converts everything into numbers and the fact that we've got this mechanism by which these numbers have started coming out. For a filmmaker, whether the film is liked, understood or appreciated counts as much as the moolah. I believe the intrinsic value of a film too matters to its creator.

Mahen
15th April 2015, 02:47 PM
mani saar.., :bow: brilliant answers..

mappi
15th April 2015, 03:14 PM
Maula Wa Sallim recited by AR Ameen

These verses are known as Naats, Islamic Poems praising Prophet Muhammad. A partially paralysed man - Abdallah Sharafuddin Muhammad ibn Sa'id ul-Busiri (Egypt 1211–1296), popularly known as Hazrat Imam Busiri / Imam Busiri - was cured during the night he dreamt that the Prophet touched his paralysed parts and then threw a Cloak (Arabic : Burdah) over him and covered him up. Upon waking up, seeing himself completely cured, he wrote (or sung the verses he receited during his Lucid Dream) Qaseedah Burdah Shareef (Qasida = Poem, thus the translation gives "Poem of the Cloak"), which holds 160 verses spun across 10 chapters, praising the Prophet Muhammad. Thus, Iman Busiri became a Sufi (a person with high/inner/mystical knowledge over Islam).

These verses are inscribed on the walls of mosques and madrassas (muslim schools). They are recited in a great beleif to get/have mercy. The legend also states that, every 650 years, The Prophet blesses one poet for his sincere and beautiful words by wrapping his mantle over the poet. In 7th century, poet Kab ibn Zuhayr from Medina was blessed by The Prohet and 650 years after it was Iman Busiri, who took a prominent place in the lineage of Sufi Shaykh. He is a very great mind and has also written a poetic commentary on Christianity and Judaism, based on his own study of the Bible.

He who loves Me, knows Me,
and He who knows Me, finds Me.
- Traditional Sufi saying

Maula Wa Sallim - Mystical

mappi
15th April 2015, 06:25 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/t31.0-8/s720x720/11109624_991509764215679_2959314717723605065_o.jpg

ajaybaskar
15th April 2015, 08:54 PM
Subbu,

Itwofs Karthik started as an ARR fan but lately he is more concentrated on getting more hit rates and stirring up controversies that help him be afloat. If you read all his recent reviews, you can see a pattern. He wants to show off as a renowned music critic. He bashes all ARR numbers which are well received. He bashed Ai and OKK. He praises those ARR albums which neither satisfy his fans nor the public. EG:LHDD.. By doing so he becomes a discussing point among the lakhs of Rahman fans out there.

Anban
16th April 2015, 09:59 AM
sathyam theatre-la kooda shows kedaikkalayaame .. #eksi ..

btw, kaattu kuppai kanchana2 :banghead: has got the best screens ..

all the best Mani Ratnam, prove me wrong !

rsubras
16th April 2015, 11:08 AM
Subbu,

Itwofs Karthik started as an ARR fan but lately he is more concentrated on getting more hit rates and stirring up controversies that help him be afloat. If you read all his recent reviews, you can see a pattern. He wants to show off as a renowned music critic. He bashes all ARR numbers which are well received. He bashed Ai and OKK. He praises those ARR albums which neither satisfy his fans nor the public. EG:LHDD.. By doing so he becomes a discussing point among the lakhs of Rahman fans out there.

:) therila...... his Kochadaiyaan review seemed top class.... and he praises numerous imman's, santhosh narayanan's and ghibran's music albums. so i dont know..dont want to become opinionated as yet :)

mappi
16th April 2015, 01:14 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1236174_992271700806152_1394860132840640348_n.jpg? oh=58a4f226bb7eed7a24f5108f1153663d&oe=55A6F890&__gda__=1437371362_26574125fc0f0e3df85f94f8355f34c 6

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 01:43 PM
Interview: Mani Ratnam's Tryst With 'Relationship Continues | Ok Kanmani Red Carpet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqNf4nkylpQ

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 01:44 PM
A.R. Rahman maniratnam speech @ Ok Bangaram audio success meet - Tv9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwq_7b3AQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jbtqNtxBt8

ajaybaskar
16th April 2015, 01:56 PM
A spokesperson of @SPIcinemas clarified @ThenandalFilms had booked #Kanchana2 @ Sathyam big screen 4 Apr 17 release,1 month in advance.

As per earlier plans @StudioGreen2 was 2 release #OKKanmani Apr 24 at big screen, but they advanced it by a week, date blocked by #Kanchana"

mappi
16th April 2015, 02:37 PM
O' Kadhal Kanmani (OKK) music album is certainly a note worthy album. The Mani-ARR combo still proves to be light and bright. Ruling out the words "experimental' or 'master-piece', the album makes much sense with the movie's theme, and I hope that it will be more fantastic while mingling with the OST and the visuals. I liked the whole attitude behind each song and ARR still holds his top position when it comes to presentation and recording. He effortlessly mixes lot of tiny sound bits (be it a wind or string) and allows them to enter back and forth giving each song on the whole a wonderful texture. In Kakki Sattai, Anirudh would have extracted the sound from a Udukai mingling it with heavy western electronic beats (Ref: Trooper Theme from Kakki Sattai). A sample from OKK, ARR use of (I think its) Kanjira (Malargal Ketein) sounds awesome. An added wonder is the Drum Roll in Theera Ula which matches the Billboard Hits Charts of the 80's (Ref: BoneyM, my favourite).

I became a victim of expection. Kara Attakara from the promo video made me wait for this song, and thats the first song I listened too immediately after grabing the CD. I felt that an awesome 'Tara Kathu Irrukeney' dissolving in an 'auto-tuned-voice'. I accept that its not a genre I would listen to, but still wish ARR had given another version of this song for old-schoolers like me just like he provided two versions of 'Mental Manathil'.

Here is a line-up of the 8 songs from the OKK tracklist arranged according to my perferance :

1/ En Kalvanin Madiyil by Jonita Gandhi

2/ Yen Santhosha Kalaigalai Naan Nirutha Matein by ARR, Darshana, Nikita Gandhi

3/ Edhai Naan Ketpin Unnaiye Tharuvai by Chitra & ARR

4/ Varandha Udhattin Vari Pallangal by Karthik

5/ En Idhayam Edho Solluthey by Shashaa Tirupati, Sathya Prakash

6/ Just like that sung by Karthik & Shashaa Tirupati

7/ Taka Taka Taka Kotum Isaiyil sung by ARR

8/ Nama Nama Nama Ney Nana Ney Hoi Hoi by Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Darshana, Shashaa Tirupati

The change in the 2 versions of Mental Manathil was outstanding. I always find ARR working a lot over a theme - a great exemple is his fabulous album Rythm. 'Taka Taka Taka Kotum Isaiyil' is the 'key-line' for the sound arrangement. We get a lot of thunder stroms in the region I live in. Just before the strom, everything becomes grey and slowly you start to hear distant thunders. When the dark clouds are racing with each other, the thunder noise increases and all of a sudden the sky goes blazzing with thousands of luminous rays from an immense lightening and then the final thunder, which announces the rain. Thats exactly is the opening of the Male Version of the song Mental Manathil (Also Ref : Closing of Mona Gasolina song from Lingaa). You can also pickup few other notions pertaining to rain, like : noises of a bubble burst or rain drop over a puddle of water or the sway of the rain, etc. I felt that the same was presented differently, as 'train track' sound in the Female version. Also you can hear the sounds of a hissing engine in this alternate version. Well, found them interesting.

O' Kalvanin Kanmani - Kadhin Madiyil

Music4Ever
16th April 2015, 05:29 PM
:) therila...... his Kochadaiyaan review seemed top class.... and he praises numerous imman's, santhosh narayanan's and ghibran's music albums. so i dont know..dont want to become opinionated as yet :)

Average rating for ATM, SOK, Sivaji, VTV, Enthiran, I, and OKK probably betrays a pattern. They are worse than Shamitabh and Ennai Arindhaal, according to him. After all, as Ajaybasker observes, the need to cater (pander?) to a variety of fans and maintain the number of hits on the website could be concerns. "Diminishing marginal utility" applies equally well to all!

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 06:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaHfPwFKm0

Inthiya valaratril maniratnam ippadi pala interview koduthatha varalaru illappa..shocking..but enjoy it..tq sir..!!

avaru pesaratha inniki pora kedukitte irukalam pola[nyayamana pechu]..all his recent interview ellame ennoda smartphone la save panni vechirukken..

Mahen
16th April 2015, 06:13 PM
Average rating for ATM, SOK, Sivaji, VTV, Enthiran, I, and OKK probably betrays a pattern. They are worse than Shamitabh and Ennai Arindhaal, according to him. After all, as Ajaybasker observes, the need to cater (pander?) to a variety of fans and maintain the number of hits on the website could be concerns. "Diminishing marginal utility" applies equally well to all!
He has split personality:D

Mahen
16th April 2015, 06:14 PM
Tmrw 9pm show nu sentral:)

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 06:15 PM

his pinpulathil irunthu 'screw' panna vera asami irukangallo ennavo..arr ella albumthayum thalaiyila vechi kondadanum innu sollala..respect eveyone has own opinion..but his review on ARR album in past years so bias..nermaiyana virsanama mathiri theriyala..i never take seriusly on his music review..

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 06:20 PM
Tmrw 9pm show nu sentral:)

mahen,'handle it with care' haha..review sonnen..

Mahen
16th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Neenga eppo?

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 06:31 PM
nalaikke poiduven but wife-fa vittu thaniya poga manasu varala..saturday midnit than possible..

ajaybaskar
16th April 2015, 06:42 PM
Anand,

This is the first time Mani is promoting his movie IIRC. May be he is coming in terms with the changing times or it is because of the distributor Studio Green

Mahen
16th April 2015, 06:45 PM
Anand,

This is the first time Mani is promoting his movie IIRC. May be he is coming in terms with the changing times or it is because of the distributor Studio Green
Raavanan?

nickraman
16th April 2015, 06:57 PM
I dont think raavanan got much exposure in marketing. Hindi jaasthi because of aabisheek and eesh

Mahen
16th April 2015, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_qR6pHwq4&feature=youtu.be

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_qR6pHwq4&feature=youtu.be

ithu dia!!!

venkkiram
16th April 2015, 07:35 PM
நான்: ஓகே கண்மணி நாளைக்கு ரிலீஸ். டிக்கட் புக் பண்றேன். ஓகேவா?

மனைவி: ம்.. என்னோட விருப்பம் 36 வயதினிலே. அது வந்துச்சுன்னா சொல்லுங்க! போகணும்!

நான்: எனக்கு அதைவிட, ஓகே கண்மணிதான் விருப்பம். 36 வயதினிலே படத்தையெல்லாம் தியேட்டர் போய் பார்க்கனும்னு தோணல!

மனைவி: அப்போ நீங்க ஓகே கண்மணிக்கு போய்ட்டு வாங்க. நான் 36 வயதினிலே போய்க்கிறேன்.

A.ANAND
16th April 2015, 07:35 PM
nalaikku nalla news-sa varanum muruga...

Mahen
16th April 2015, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjVqPhPNSkA

Anban
17th April 2015, 12:13 AM
No release in tiruchy? Are they serious?

Mahen
17th April 2015, 07:43 AM
Ex hubber satya..
First half done, platform laid for Dhoniesque finish

sathya_1979
17th April 2015, 07:44 AM
Adhu enna ex? Once a hubber, always a hubber

ramdas2005
17th April 2015, 07:45 AM
Ex hubber satya..
First half done, platform laid for Dhoniesque finish

K O T I ‏@koti_deva 2m2 minutes ago
Beaten to death story but still feels it very fresh . movie is all about moments .. #OKKanmani

sathya_1979
17th April 2015, 07:46 AM
True, may not be a new story. 1-liners, humor and poignant moments make it enjoyable watch, so far