PDA

View Full Version : Roti storage

sruthi
14th February 2005, 10:06 PM
Could anybody tell me how to store rotis for a long time. Do we have to refridgerate them or after preparing hv to place in an airtight container ? Last time I tried storing 20 rotis in an airtight container but everything's rotted after 4 days. Help me.
Thanks,
Sruthi

sk
15th February 2005, 02:00 AM
Hi,

Try putting it in fridge in an airtight container and avoid using oil while making the chapathis

bye,
sk

bhargavi.raj
15th February 2005, 03:30 AM
Hi sruthi,
herez a way u can store roti's for a long time .just follow these steps
don't add oil while making the roti atta
add some milk if ur planning on storing
make the roti's without any ghee/oil in it.
allow the roti's to cool by keeping it on a plate covering them with a paper towel .
once all the roti's r cooled, place the roti in a airtight container without folding any of them.
try keeping a cotton muslin cloth /paper towels over all the rotis. don't press / crowd many roti's in one container.
finally close it with the lid. remove the air once a while.
when ur reheating rotis just remove only the amt u need and keep the rest again in the fridge.

try,hope it works
Bhargavi.

sruthi
20th February 2005, 11:21 AM
Dear Sk and Bargavi,
Thanks you very much for ur immediate reply. I'll try it in future.
Sruthi.

sruthi
20th February 2005, 11:24 AM
Hi,
I've been planning to prepare ghee from store-bought butter. How long can I keep it ? What is the life-time of the ghee generally ?
Sruthi

R
21st February 2005, 01:03 AM
It shd come minimum 20 to 25 days. Recently went on a vacation for 2 months and my hub., was also not at home for 3 weeks. If you keep in the fridge, it will come more than the said period.

sruthi
21st February 2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot R. I'll try it definitely.