PDA

View Full Version : Kamalhaasan vazhangum - SABASH NAIDU (Trilingual)

Amarshiva
29th April 2016, 10:19 PM
today it started with 3 kamals..father kamal and 2 daughter kamals in the same movie.. Mupperum vizha.. Ragadevan, isaignanai serthathu theninum iniaya seithi.. vazthukal andava.. ethu oru maga vetriyena nirnayikkapatta onru..

More importantly, vinayagar suzhi to Sangam..

suivipa
30th April 2016, 01:42 AM
Just the kind of beginning Fans wanted.
Looks like he has started to heed to several requests and that to fast track mode.
Three movies with single script.
Ofcourse Raagadevan will compose 4x3 about 12 unique numbers with trendy orchestration and will stick to that ethnic cultures and modulations of the character.

What more can I ask for.

Ultimate combination.

BB written all over it.

Strength of the script, Father- daughter combo , USA location , TKR after a hiatus has to bounce back, Icing on the Cake, our music god with present notations and challenge to musicians and guess what we are all a blesssed lot

Gimme Gimme More ......

Almighty thanks a lot.

Russellpei
30th April 2016, 07:22 AM
Sabash Naidu
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/sabashnaidu_zpssfr5o5pw.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/sabashnaidu_zpssfr5o5pw.jpg.html)

irir123
2nd May 2016, 12:42 AM
Sabash Naidu
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/sabashnaidu_zpssfr5o5pw.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/sabashnaidu_zpssfr5o5pw.jpg.html)

Saurabh Shukla again? Between Hey Ram and now, I cannot recall him acting in any other film

(head scratching)..

Arent there more bankable contemporary 45 plus guys who can play that role in Bollywood?

Paresh Rawal, maybe?

Arvind Srinivasan
2nd May 2016, 03:24 AM
Saurabh Shukla again? Between Hey Ram and now, I cannot recall him acting in any other film

(head scratching)..

Arent there more bankable contemporary 45 plus guys who can play that role in Bollywood?

Paresh Rawal, maybe?

The guy just got a national award a couple of years ago for Jolly LLB and I guess he has close ties with Kamal. That may have mooted Kamal to go for him. And I did hear that Paresh Rawal was approached. Wonder if Saurab's credentials as a writer influenced Kamal.

PS: Saurabh Shukla wrote the screenplay for the hindi version of Mumbai Express and even acted in it. (He played Santhana Bharathi's role)

Adox
2nd May 2016, 04:13 AM
Decent performance as judge in Jolly LLB... How well he'll gel in this role is to be seen.

rsubras
2nd May 2016, 10:10 AM
thought Kamal will involve IR only for complicated and serious movies...... lighter sense movies like 5 Tricks or PKS needs music more as a filler

dell_gt
3rd May 2016, 11:29 AM
Actor Siddique, is undoubtedly one of the finest character actors in Malayalam film industry. It is a pleasure to see him perform all kinds of roles effortlessly on the screen. If reports are to be believed, the actor is all set to mesmerize the Tamil audiences too, as he would be soon seen in a Tamil film.

Reports suggest that the actor has been roped in for an important role in Kamal Hasan's next venture Sabash Naidu, which would be directed by renowned Malayalam film-maker T K Rajeev Kumar. The actor is touted to play the villain role in this film. Siddique, is an actor who has been always happy with the work he gets in Malayalam films. Unlike, other character artistes of the industry, he hasn't been so keen on trying luck in other languages. But, the actor is not new to Tamil cinema and he made his debut in Tamil films way back in the year 2004 when he did the main villain role in Shaji Kailas's film Jana which had Ajith in the lead role. The actor was previously seen in Malayalam film Paavada, in which he did an important role. The actor's upcoming Malayalam film is the Mammootty starrer White. Well, we would like to wish the actor all the best for all of his upcoming ventures.

Read more at: http://www.filmibeat.com/malayalam/news/2016/siddique-in-kamal-haasan-next-224775.html

dell_gt
3rd May 2016, 11:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfpWTNnQKM

oyivukac
3rd May 2016, 02:12 PM
புதுமை செய்வதில் என்னை முந்தி கொண்டார் கமல்!- பார்த்திபன்

சென்னை கிழக்கு கடற்கரை சாலையில் பிரபல ஓவியர் ஏ பி ஸ்ரீதர் உருவாக்கிய இந்தியாவின் முதல் தந்திரக் கலை அருங்காட்சியகமான க்ளிக் ஆர்ட் அருங்காட்சியகத்தை பிரபல இயக்குநர் - நடிகர் பார்த்திபன் மற்றும் நடிகர் விக்ரமின் தாயாரான ராஜேஸ்வரி ஆகியோர் தொடங்கி வைத்தனர். நிகழ்ச்சியில் பேசிய பார்த்திபன், "நாம் ஏதாவது புதுமையாக செய்ய முயன்றால் அதை முந்திக் கொண்டு செய்ய இங்கே கமல்ஹாசன், ஏபி ஸ்ரீதர் போன்ற பலபேர் இருக்கிறார்கள்.

நானும் ரவுடிதான் படத்தில் நான் நடித்த கிள்ளிவளவன் கதாபாத்திரத்தை தனியாக எடுத்து ஒரு படம் பண்ண வேண்டும் என்று நினைத்தேன். ஆனால் தசாவதாரத்தின் பல்ராம் நாயுடுவை தனியாகப் பிரித்து ஒரு படமாக்கி கமல் அந்த வேலையை ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார் . குத்துவிளக்கு ஏற்றுவதை நெருப்பு இல்லாமல் ஓவியமாக எதாவது ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சியில் செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று நினைத்தேன். ஆனால் இங்கே ஸ்ரீதர் செய்து விட்டார். இந்த ட்ரிக் ஆர்ட் மியூசியம் உண்மையிலேயே ஒரு சுவாரஸ்யமான அனுபவம்," என்றார் .

நிகழ்ச்சியில் பேசிய ஏ.பி.ஸ்ரீதர், "இதுபோன்ற தந்திரக் கலை ஓவியக் காட்சியகங்கள் உலகம் முழுக்க பனிரெண்டு நாடுகளில் 42 இடங்களில் உள்ளன. பார்வையாளரின் பங்களிப்பு இல்லாமல் இவை முழுமை அடையாது. இந்தியாவில் இதுதான் முதல். அடுத்து பெங்களூர், மும்பை உள்ளிட்ட இடங்களிலும் இதை அமைக்க இருக்கிறேன் . இங்கே பெரியவர்களுக்கு கட்டணம் 150 ரூபாய். சிறியவர்களுக்கு 100 ரூபாய்," என்றார். என்ன சிறப்பு? "தந்திரக் கலை" மூலம் இரு-பரிமாண ஓவியங்கள் முப்பரிமாண ஓவியமாகத் தெரியும் விதமான தந்திரங்கள் நிறைந்த கலைப் பொருள்கள் இங்கு நிறுவப்பட்டிருகின்றன. இதுவரை ஓவியம் என்பது அழகியல் தன்மை கொண்டது, கலைப்பொருள் சேகரிப்பாளர்களுக்கான முதலீடு அல்லது தெய்வீகமானது என்றுதான் பார்க்கப்பட்டு வந்திருக்கிறது. ஆனால் இந்த ட்ரிக் ஆர்ட் வகை ஓவியம் அல்லது ஓவிய அருங்காட்சியகம் என்பது வேடிக்கையானதாக, நகைச்சுவை ததும்பும் விதமாக, உரையாடல் தன்மை கொண்டதாக இருக்கும். தந்திரக் கலை ஓவியங்கள் என்பது அப்படிப்பட்ட கலை. பங்கேற்பாளர் இன்றி இந்த ஓவியங்கள் முற்றுப் பெறாது. இது ஒளியியல் மாயக் கலை" (Optical Art) அல்லது முப்பரிமாண ஓவியங்கள் (3D Art) என்றும் சொல்லலாம். பார்ப்பவர் அந்த ஓவியத்துடன் ஓர் விளையாட்டிலோ அல்லது செய்கையிலோ ஈடுபடுவது போன்று புகைப்படம் எடுத்துக்கொள்ளும் வகையில் புத்திசாலித்தனமான கோணங்களுடன் அந்த ஓவியங்கள் வரையப்பட்டிருக்கும்," என்றார் ஸ்ரீதர்.

http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/parthiban-launched-click-art-museum-039983.html

pushpak
3rd May 2016, 04:04 PM
Actor Siddique, is undoubtedly one of the finest character actors in Malayalam film industry. It is a pleasure to see him perform all kinds of roles effortlessly on the screen. If reports are to be believed, the actor is all set to mesmerize the Tamil audiences too, as he would be soon seen in a Tamil film.

Reports suggest that the actor has been roped in for an important role in Kamal Hasan's next venture Sabash Naidu, which would be directed by renowned Malayalam film-maker T K Rajeev Kumar. The actor is touted to play the villain role in this film. Siddique, is an actor who has been always happy with the work he gets in Malayalam films. Unlike, other character artistes of the industry, he hasn't been so keen on trying luck in other languages. But, the actor is not new to Tamil cinema and he made his debut in Tamil films way back in the year 2004 when he did the main villain role in Shaji Kailas's film Jana which had Ajith in the lead role. The actor was previously seen in Malayalam film Paavada, in which he did an important role. The actor's upcoming Malayalam film is the Mammootty starrer White. Well, we would like to wish the actor all the best for all of his upcoming ventures.

Read more at: http://www.filmibeat.com/malayalam/news/2016/siddique-in-kamal-haasan-next-224775.html

He is a big fan of Kamal.

Very good actor. Though we talk about Kamal's stellar performance in PN climax, in Drishyam this guy stole the show from MohanLal.

Will be great to watch these two together.
Movie is going to rock.

irir123
3rd May 2016, 05:58 PM
Curious to know the genre of music IR-KH are going to handle / come up with!

Any 'insider' news on the music part?

dell_gt
4th May 2016, 07:03 AM
He is a big fan of Kamal.

Very good actor. Though we talk about Kamal's stellar performance in PN climax, in Drishyam this guy stole the show from MohanLal.

Will be great to watch these two together.
Movie is going to rock.

Greattt

vidyasakaran
4th May 2016, 09:12 AM
Any opinions about the title?
I am seriously considering giving this movie a miss.

rsubras
4th May 2016, 10:38 AM
IMHO, it is the content that gives value to a title and not the other way around... a case in point, i found moscowin kaavery as a very poetic and charming title, till i learnt that heros name is moscow and heroine name is kaavery

vidyasakaran
4th May 2016, 10:49 AM
I agree that the value of the movie/content is not given or fully reflected by the title. This might turn out to be a great movie, who knows! (To some extent, who cares! I have been a Kamal fan from my childhood!)
However, my complaint is that Kamal has not learnt, or rather refuses to learn the lessons from Thevar Magan days.
Why identify a character with the name of its caste? I agree Telugu people still use caste names as surname. But, why use it in title of a Tamil movie, making it more mainstream here?
I agree this sounds like a mere tokenism, while castes and caste issues run still very deep in social and political realms of TN. For that very reason, this tokenism is required, I feel. Why forfeit however little ground gained?

rsubras
4th May 2016, 11:10 AM
calling by caste is certainly not a taboo, in fact it is a kind of respect mostly (for most of the people, for few it could be an abuse depending on who and how, that is a different argument)... that too for Telugu ppl as you yourself agreed, where ppl are addressed mostly by their surnames only Mr.Rao, Mr.Reddy etc., i dont think this will sound as appeasement or offensive

vidyasakaran
4th May 2016, 11:28 AM
//calling by caste is certainly not a taboo, in fact it is a kind of respect mostly//
How do you say mostly? Is it based on the population percentage?
// that is a different argument//
That is the whole argument, based on which, people in TN shunned using caste name as surname.
//appeasement or offensive//
It is regressive.

dell_gt
5th May 2016, 07:43 AM
looks the title controversy started

Cinemarasigan
5th May 2016, 04:35 PM
There was a movie in the name of Gandhi, anybody has objected to that title?

pushpak
5th May 2016, 05:50 PM
Sensitive titles to be objected :
Theri - Means "swear word" in Malayalam. Considering Vijay's popularity in Kerala, it has to be changed.
Linga - Title somehow related to sex and human reproductive organ. So considering teh fact that Indians are "good" people who will even object to kissing scene, title has to change.
Vettayaadu Vilayaadu - Double meaning title. Should be changed.
The list goes on and on.

vidyasakaran
6th May 2016, 08:19 AM
Gandhi and Linga.
That's the best those who defend this title could come up with!?

:D

pushpak
6th May 2016, 02:21 PM
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Thevar Makan would have remained a classic even if it had the title "Nammavar" or "Sakthi Vel" or "Nan inge irukken" or "Iduppazhakan" or anything.

vidyasakaran
6th May 2016, 06:00 PM
அப்புறம் என்ன த்துக்கு தேவர், நாயுடுன்னு பிடிச்சுத்தொங்கணும்னேன்?

pushpak
6th May 2016, 06:21 PM
Negative people can find issues with any title.
And such people are the ones who are really hanging on titles because they have no data point to criticize the quality of movies.
Such people will never blame the content of some movies.

rsubras
6th May 2016, 10:13 PM
It is worth seeing kamal's response for such title controversies
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9r15zQyZKw4

vidyasakaran
7th May 2016, 07:09 PM
//Data point to criticize the quality of the movies//
Boss, I already told my complaint is only about title. You don't have to defend your Kamal against a non-existing attack.

vidyasakaran
7th May 2016, 07:12 PM
rsubras,
Nobody talked about culture here and nobody tried to establish that culture never changes/evolves. I made my point clearly in the previous page. Kamal's video doesn't succeed in giving proxy-reply. 😊

pushpak
8th May 2016, 07:24 AM
People who are happy with the movie and not happy with the title have the freedom to watch the movie and close the eyes for 3 seconds when the title is shown :-)

vidyasakaran
9th May 2016, 08:28 AM
//People who are happy with the movie //
I haven't said that. Just that my point here is only about the title. We know very little about the movie apart from the title.
And yes, I remember the freedom that I have. I don't forget the responsibility either.

pushpak
9th May 2016, 09:20 AM
Some folks are so funny :-)

vidyasakaran
9th May 2016, 10:56 AM
Yes, that's how you finish a conversation that you can't handle. (y)

pushpak
9th May 2016, 06:06 PM
No point talking to people who stick to some title issue and keep cribbing as they have nothing else to crib about.
There should be some points at both sides for a debate. Otherwise it is like beating in the air.

pushpak
9th May 2016, 06:12 PM
Good to see two fans sharing difference of opinion. Only Kamal fans can do it !
:)

Cinemarasigan
16th May 2016, 03:59 PM
Yes, that's how you finish a conversation that you can't handle. (y)

Vidya, I understand your concern and welcome the same. Most of the Tamilians are not adding their caste along with their name.. If the content is not going to hurt any caste or religion then it is fine I think. Artists should be allowed to do the way they want. If it is going to hurt anybody, let them take it up with him and it can be done amicably...

dell_gt
17th May 2016, 07:10 AM
Raju Mahalingam, the creative head of Lyca Productions is confident that “Sabaash Naidu will be a milestone movie.” He says he saw an instant hit, the moment Kamal Haasan suggested making a movie about Balram Naidu, the popular character from Dasavathaaram. “Though Dasavathaaram had many innovative ideas, it is mainly remembered for the impact of Balram Naidu’s character.” However, the film is not a sequel, he says. “Even though it is a trilingual, we don’t think it will take too long to be made.”

Raju can’t emphasise the importance of script selection enough. “The responsibility of choosing the right script is mine. Even if narrations take three-four hours, it is important that I stay focussed. There is a lot of money at play here.” The controversy over Kaththi is still fresh in his mind. “The storm brewed unexpectedly, but the huge success of the movie helped a lot. The industry has also understood that we are keen to promote good cinema, not just try to profit from the big names. Profit is also important, of course.”

Lyca has pumped in almost Rs. 1,000 crore so far into Tamil, Telugu and Hindi cinema. “We are in films for the long haul,” he says. With established production houses like Venus, Gemini, and AVM becoming inactive, companies like Lyca, V Creations, Studio Green, and Wunderbar Films have stepped in to bridge the gap. “But we are not interested in playing the numbers game,” Raju says. “We are simply trying to restore the balance in cinema by funding medium and big-budget films.”

Lyca’s first project in Hindi is the remake of Kaththi, starring Akshay Kumar. “Although 2.0 is shaping up well, Kaththi’s remake was our first signing with Akshay Kumar. We are also remaking the film in Telugu, with Chiranjeevi set to act in it. Kathilantodu will mark his 150th film.”

Meanwhile, 2.0 marks the first time an Indian film will be made at a budget upwards of Rs. 350 crore. “Considering we were making a film with Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar and Shankar, we couldn’t afford to compromise on the budget. Akshay has a huge fan base, and it was a smart move by Shankar to have roped him in to play the villain,” he says. Raju again takes great pains to stress that Lyca isn’t just interested in the big films. “We are also interested in distribution, and want to help other production houses get their films out.” This year, Lyca has distributed Visaranai and Vetrivel so far. “We will take it up in a big way, this year.”

Lyca has also reportedly agreed to produce Kamal Haasan’s magnum opus, Marudhanayagam, which got shelved after a grand launch in the presence of Queen Elizabeth II, 19 years ago. I ask if it would be possible that the budget could exceed that of 2.0. “No big deal,” says Raju, characteristically.

http://m.thehindu.com/features/cinema/raju-mahalingam-of-lyca-productions-on-the-companys-plans-for-tamil-cinema/article8600461.ece

dell_gt
17th May 2016, 11:52 AM
http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/kamal-haasan-brahmanandam-to-get-into-action-mode-116051700301_1.html

Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan and comedian Brahmanandam will join hands for the first time for an action sequence in the first schedule of upcoming trilingual action-comedy "Sabaash Naidu".

In the film, which will feature Haasan as a RAW operative, Brahmanandam will be seen as his sidekick.

"In the first schedule which will start later this week in the US, Haasan and Brahmanandam will shoot for a chase sequence. The team will spend the first few days rehearsing for the scene and will eventually shoot the scene without body doubles," a source from the film's unit told IANS.

Directed by T.K. Rajeev Kumar, the film also stars Shruti Haasan, Ramya Krishnan and Roger Narayan.

Shruti will play Haasan's reel daughter for the first time.

In the film's Hindi version, titled "Sabaash Kundu", Saurabh Shukla will replace Brahmanandam.

Nearly 80 percent of the film will be shot in the US.

Maestro Ilayaraja has already started working on the tunes.

Produced by Haasan's Raaj Kamal International, the film will hit the screens worldwide on December 1.

vidyasakaran
18th May 2016, 09:22 AM
Vidya, I understand your concern and welcome the same.
Thanks CR!

Most of the Tamilians are not adding their caste along with their name..
If FB profile names are anything to go by, this is changing slowly.

If the content is not going to hurt any caste or religion then it is fine I think. Artists should be allowed to do the way they want. If it is going to hurt anybody, let them take it up with him and it can be done amicably...
I don't mean the title 'hurts' a particular caste. My complaint is that the name identifies a person by his caste, while the progressive thought has been to deny that opportunity to a caste name. Taking it up with him? I don't know how and I don't know if I really should. By popular justice, 'I' am not hurt, so I don't have the moral right to make it an issue, I think. :D
I take these as lessons to me... more insight into the idols that we admire... freedom, in some sense.

pushpak
18th May 2016, 10:52 AM
For no official/legal matters, caste/religion should be asked.
From school, they start asking. It is BS according to me.
Compared to that a movie title is nothing !!!

vidyasakaran
18th May 2016, 11:11 AM
In school they ask so that the historical wrongs can be compensated with.. it is for affirmative action.
Calling that BS and supporting the usage of caste titles elsewhere - Hmm....

Freedom
19th May 2016, 12:02 AM
In school they ask so that the historical wrongs can be compensated with.. it is for affirmative action.
Calling that BS and supporting the usage of caste titles elsewhere - Hmm....

off topic: Don't touch sensitive issues here. What historical wrong doings are we talking about? Why should current generation suffer for what had happened in the past? It is no fault of generation that they should be penalized for what happened 50 years back? I'm not surprised on the amount of brain drain in our country and people fleeing to other countries for better opportunities for none of that Sh!t exists there.

thamiz
19th May 2016, 10:19 PM
off topic: Don't touch sensitive issues here. What historical wrong doings are we talking about? Why should current generation suffer for what had happened in the past? It is no fault of generation that they should be penalized for what happened 50 years back? I'm not surprised on the amount of brain drain in our country and people fleeing to other countries for better opportunities for none of that Sh!t exists there.

Really??? I think you cant smell the high-class shIt in the silicon valley or you are completely ignorant about country you are living. Because you live like a high-class ignorant desi who knows nothing about poor people in America.

Sh!t exists EVERYWHERE!! Better get that!

thamiz
19th May 2016, 11:00 PM
Caste system was invented in India. People who got affected by Caste system are blaming the one who falls under "higher caste". Even after coming to US, higher caste people tell Americans that they belong to such and such higher class. If you DONT KNOW about such Indians you need to keep your mouth shut. You talk as if once Indians move to America they become broad-minded and that they dont care about caste anymore. That's is not true. You run away from your country for "comfort" and "better life" but most of them still keep their "caste tag" intact. If you dont know about them, now that I told you about them, you just talk about movies and dont get into sociopolitical discussions anymore. And dont talk about ShIt here!!

vidyasakaran
20th May 2016, 09:05 AM
Freedom, Social discrimination continues even today. One just has to keep eyes open to know. As thamiz says, crossing the seas doesn't help one overcome that.
To compensate for the generations of Denial of opportunities, Denial of education/livelihood, we need affirmative action.

pushpak
20th May 2016, 11:01 AM
Banning caste names in movie titles will be the most effective solution to address issues.
:-)

Nasc
20th May 2016, 11:13 AM
Push..may I ask why best of luck...in relationship with the election resulto?
If so...hard luck nu pottukonga :)

rsubras
20th May 2016, 11:26 AM
good, there was a bait from a self proclaimed fan of the thread's protagonist and the usual fans took it and thus it successfully deviates the thread away from the actual intention of starting the thread.

vidyasakaran
20th May 2016, 02:50 PM
good, there was a bait from a self proclaimed fan of the thread's protagonist and the usual fans took it and thus it successfully deviates the thread away from the actual intention of starting the thread.

"self proclaimed fan" and "usual fans" - what kind of bait is this? :D
I have no need to hijack the thread, or to pull the 'usual' fans to some debate using a concealed bait. Heck... I neither enjoy debating here nor learn anything from it. I still respond, only because, leaving an incorrect view unanswered in a forum amounts to abetting it.

vidyasakaran
20th May 2016, 02:57 PM
Banning caste names in movie titles will be the most effective solution to address issues.
:-)

Not for the first time, you are attempting at a rejoinder completely away from the point. Best of luck!

pushpak
20th May 2016, 03:05 PM
Not for the first time, you are attempting at a rejoinder completely away from the point. Best of luck!

Thanks for reading my post. You have lot of time to waste just like me who wastes time reading your posts ;)

rsubras
20th May 2016, 04:36 PM
"self proclaimed fan" and "usual fans" - what kind of bait is this? :D
I have no need to hijack the thread, or to pull the 'usual' fans to some debate using a concealed bait. Heck... I neither enjoy debating here nor learn anything from it. I still respond, only because, leaving an incorrect view unanswered in a forum amounts to abetting it.

That was a generic statement which applies to many of the threads here, the pattern is somewhat similar, raise a non-issue, giving justifications to it, then as ppl respond (as in here, i think i replied first and triggered) move the debate, and as you could see here there are 5 pages in this thread and 4 pages were devoted to an issue which mostly no one would have anticipated as an issue ....... the self-proclaimed fan nu sonnathu.........mostly...... ppl who make an allegation on a star (or music director) starts with a justification, i am his fan, but i got to say this..etc..,..... may not be specific to this case :)

thamiz
20th May 2016, 05:55 PM
That was a generic statement which applies to many of the threads here, the pattern is somewhat similar, raise a non-issue,

Non-issue???

Is "Naidu" not a caste label?

Is that not "suffixed" in the title?

How does that become a non-issue here??? There is nothing wrong in "addressing" this issue.

Once in a while you come here and post something like this if anything discussed at all. That's why this place is "like this" without any kind of activity going on.

Just say, "Caste label" does not bother you because "I am not one of the so called lower classes and so, it never bothers me". If it bothers someone let them debate about it. It is not necessary label such individuals as "self-proclaimed fan" or whatever you wish to call.

Some things matter to some people,let them discuss. You can always get into one of million threads and enjoy there! :)

kumarsr
20th May 2016, 06:06 PM
why should we not discuss "Kamalhaasan Iyengar vazhangum -- SABAASH NAIDU" ? Narayana....Narayana

thamiz
20th May 2016, 06:13 PM
why should we not discuss "Kamalhaasan Iyengar vazhangum -- SABAASH NAIDU" ? Narayana....Narayana

This is certainly a non-issue because Kh addresses himself without any caste label on him as Kamal Haasan or Raj Kmal picture!

pushpak
20th May 2016, 08:50 PM
Now I know why MN Nambiar was a villain.

kumarsr
20th May 2016, 09:55 PM
Do you also know why C.K .Naidu was a great cricketer?

thamiz
20th May 2016, 10:36 PM
Freedom, Social discrimination continues even today. One just has to keep eyes open to know. As thamiz says, crossing the seas doesn't help one overcome that.
To compensate for the generations of Denial of opportunities, Denial of education/livelihood, we need affirmative action.

I think it is not worth discussing this anymore and about time to let it go. You and I made our points. That's the best we can do!

vidyasakaran
21st May 2016, 05:25 AM
That was a generic statement which applies to many of the threads here, the pattern is somewhat similar, raise a non-issue, giving justifications to it, then as ppl respond (as in here, i think i replied first and triggered) move the debate, and as you could see here there are 5 pages in this thread and 4 pages were devoted to an issue which mostly no one would have anticipated as an issue ....... the self-proclaimed fan nu sonnathu.........mostly...... ppl who make an allegation on a star (or music director) starts with a justification, i am his fan, but i got to say this..etc..,..... may not be specific to this case :)

I need no concession for being a Kamal fan. Let's say I am not a Kamal fan and I lied.

dell_gt
24th May 2016, 06:57 AM
Kamal Haasan ‏@ikamalhaasan 4h4 hours ago
Off to LA with 3 bound scripts. US team awaits with sighs of relief. Anymore delay would have ruined all plans. All is well ..for now ;-)

Cinemarasigan
24th May 2016, 03:19 PM
3 bound scripts is fine, it will be better if these projects are time bound as well..

Kadavul(KH) only knows when these scripts will become real movies..

leosimha
24th May 2016, 06:14 PM
When is the movie releasing?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kumarsr
24th May 2016, 08:32 PM
3 bound scripts is fine, it will be better if these projects are time bound as well..

Kadavul(KH) only knows when these scripts will become real movies..

By 3 bound scripts I think he means one script for each language the movie is planned.

nickraman
24th May 2016, 08:54 PM
When is the movie releasing?

Delays illama, 1st Dec 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leosimha
25th May 2016, 05:33 PM
Yes, hope no delays and the movie to be entertaining enough. Guess UNKH has come out with something unique.

dell_gt
26th May 2016, 09:39 AM
http://m.rediff.com/movies/report/kamal-haasan-and-i-were-destined-to-do-a-film-together/20160522.htm

'Kamal Haasan does not need any new attempts to prove that he is a better actor. . He has grown beyond that stardom.'

Rajeev Kumar gets candid about his hero, superstar Kamal Haasan.
Twenty seven years after they had first collaborated for the super hit Malayalam film Chanakyan, director Rajeev Kumarand Kamal Haasan are back together for their second outing.
Titled Sabaash Naidu, the film will be a trilingual simultaneously made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
What makes the film even more interesting is that the fact that it will bring together Kamal and Shruti Haasan for the first time as father and daughter on screen.
If that is not enough, his younger daughter Akshara will also be a part of the project, but as a assistant director.
Kamal’s live-in partner Gauthami will be the wardrobe designer for the film.
Touted to be a humorous family thriller, the film will revive the character of Balaram Naidu, the eccentric and brilliant RAW agent from the film Dasavathaaram.
In this exclusive interview with Rediff.com contributor S Saraswathi, the National award-winning director opens up on the long gap of 27 years, his fondness for Kamal and the challenges of making a trilingual.

From 1990, there have been reports of Kamal and you getting together for another film. Why this delay?
I started my career with the Malayalam film Chanakyan with Kamal in 1989. We had a very good working relationship. Even before the film released in theaters, Kamal had signed me up for another project, a period film in Tamil.
Unfortunately, that did not work out because of the budget scenario. In the following years, we discussed many subjects but fortunately or unfortunately, I was continuously busy with my Malayalam projects and Kamal was also busy with his commitments. Somehow nothing materialised.
This time, however, things ended up differently. It was quite a coincidence actually. I came down to meet him for a different purpose and while we were discussing various factors, he asked me about my plans.
He expressed his interest in investing in some small projects. We were discussing in those lines and suddenly we landed into the subject called Appa Amma Vilayattu. Both of us were interested, and things began to move fast.
Later, we decided that it was not the right film to do now. So we shifted to this subject and everything just clicked. Sabaash Naidu will be a trilingual simultaneously made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

How did you manage such a casting coup, Kamal Haasan and his two daughters, Shruti and Akshara?
I have always wanted to work with Kamal. I have an emotional attachment to him. He was, of course, the hero of my first film, but he has a very interesting personality.
We shared common interests and ideas regarding the treatment of a film, so to communicate with him as an actor was always very fascinating for me.
I am very curious about how he handles a character and I believe he is also very keen about how a director handles a subject.
For me, it was never a surprise that I am working with Kamal again, we were always destined to do a film together; the question was when. Luckily, this time it worked.
Shruti and Akshara joining us was also a lucky coincidence. Since the film portrayed a father-daughter relationship, we naturally thought of Shruti. And she was able to give us the dates.
Akshara was working on some short films, and had just completed a Hindi film, which is slated for release in July. So she also was free.
She is very keen to direct films. And I believe, just like her father, she is into all the departments of filmmaking. She really wanted to take it as an experience, so she joined me as an assistant.
Gauthami is doing the wardrobe. Everything was quite accidental, nothing was planned.

Tell us about this particular character you are reviving, Balram Naidu.
In Dasavathaaram, the character of Balram Naidu was not explored fully. His family background was not explained. He was quite an intriguing character, so we decided to revive him.
We worked on building the personal side of his character, and we landed on a whole new plot.
Kamal has written the story, screenplay and dialogues in Tamil, Sushanth is doing the Telugu dialogues, while Saurabh Shukla is working on the Hindi version. The film will be a humorously told family thriller.

When do you start shooting for the film?
Shooting starts in Los Angeles next week. The entire cast -- Kamal, Shruti, Brahmanandam, Ramya Krishnan, Anant Mahadevan and Saurabh Shukla -- will leave on Junr 17 or 18. We will shoot continuously for 60 days.
This is the main star cast from India, but we also have Manu Narayan opposite Shruti. He was the hero of Bombay Dreams, the Broadway show. He is settled in LA.
The DOP (Director of Photography) of the film, the editor and costume designer are also from here, but the rest of the crew -- the production designer, the art director, the stunt director, the stunt coordinator and the choreographer -- is from LA.
Will the entire film be shot there?
Most of the film will be shot there. There are a few scenes at the opening of the film that takes place in Vizag, but that will happen only when we get back. We plan to wrap up the schedule in LA by July 15.

Very few films have the protagonist as an older character. Does the film also have a younger version of Kamal as well?

Kamal Haasan does not need any new attempts to prove that he is a better actor. He is an accomplished actor. He does not fear any kind of roles and neither is he very keen about his stardom.
He has grown beyond that stardom. I don’t think we need a younger version of Kamal. The story is powerful enough to hold Naidu as Naidu.

Are you worried about expectations since the film has already generated lot of buzz?
As a director, I understand that the subject always matters and we have a great script at hand. Besides Kamal’s comedy films have always worked in any language throughout the country.
Sabaash Naidu also has a very a humor dominant subject and that will be the huge attraction for the film. Though loaded with a very interesting commercial proposition, this will not be your regular run-of-the-mill kind of film.

Have you made changes to the cast according to the language?
For the Hindi version, we have Saurabh Shukla doing a specific character, and the same will be played by Brahmanandam in Tamil and Telugu version.
There are few other minor characters who have also been replaced in Hindi, but otherwise there are no other major changes.

What are the logistic problems when you simultaneously shoot in three different languages?
I think it is more of a creative challenge. As a director, I have to handle the actors in all three languages.
While the dialogues in all three languages may have the same meaning, the body language, the timing, and the ambiance will not remain the same. The challenge would be to observe the characters to their local flavour.
As far as the logistics are concerned, the time factor could be a major challenge, how efficient you are in making a film in three languages simultaneously.
But with my experience in Malayalam cinema, where all filmmakers are known for their speed and practical approach to filmmaking, crisis management comes easy to us. We are tuned to such pressures and crisis, so the only challenge I face is to maintain the aesthetics of all these regions.

Will the film be dubbed in Malayalam?
It will be a straight release of the Tamil and Hindi version in Cochin and other areas, where we have the Hindi audience too.
I am sure the film will have a fantastic audience in Malayalam, because all Kamal’s films which have released in Tamil in Kerala have done remarkably well at the box office.

Does the film become commercially more viable when released in different languages?
That was not the intention. But from the production house's perspective, it is also a business.
This film has the potential of a pan-India market. It is a universal subject, basically a light-hearted humorous entertainer. That will help the production house for their marketing, and production values will go up.
From a director’s point of view, I believe this subject will appeal to everyone, irrespective of the language.

This film will mark your Tamil debut…
This will be my first Tamil and Telugu film. I have already done a few Hindi films, though with bad experience.
The first film Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya (starring Arvind Swamy and Manisha Koirala) had a little elephant and the film got stuck with the Animal Welfare Board. My next was with Govinda, which again got prolonged.
All the three films, which I worked in Hindi, fell into the trap of production delay. None of the films got a proper release; it was quite a bad experience, so I stopped making Hindi films at that point of time.
After Chanakyan, I got several opportunities in both Tamil and Telugu, but I kept away, because none was exciting for me. And as I mentioned, I was tied up with my projects in Malayalam.
Working with Kamal is always special. We respect and understand each other. Sabash Naidu is a very special film. I also have Appa Amma Vilayattu to look forward to.

Do you have a release date for the film?
I understand from the production house that the film will be released at the end of this year.
We will be shooting for at least two-two and a half months, then the post production has to happen for all the three languages. Logically, we will take time until October or November.
The film will probably have a December release.

dell_gt
30th May 2016, 11:13 AM
Rajeev Kumar T K ‏@ammurajeevkumar 60m60 minutes ago
MySelf, Dop JK, 1st AD Brian & others - LA pre production team.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjra3AQUYAAlLBu.jpg

dell_gt
2nd June 2016, 06:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj1iXZ_WEAAduxa.jpg

Rajeev Kumar T K ‏@ammurajeevkumar 21h21 hours ago
Kamal sir joins Tech Crew.His passion motivated the crew. Later he went for script reading session with Shruti/Manu

dell_gt
7th June 2016, 06:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkTuJHQVEAAU87s.jpg

Kamal Haasan ‏@ikamalhaasan 56m56 minutes ago
First day's shooting going smoothly for the two Naidus and one Kundu. Great dancers great crew.

avavh3
7th June 2016, 04:05 PM
:yes::victory::pink:

dell_gt
13th June 2016, 12:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkzKdcHUkAAhX2p.jpg

dell_gt
21st June 2016, 10:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClciaxgUkAAd8ot.jpg

dell_gt
24th June 2016, 01:54 PM
Kamal Haasan ‏@ikamalhaasan 10h10 hours ago
Cool shirt system without which Kundu & Naidu would have melted, sum days the Mercury crossed 105 deg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClqyLpFWMAAzF5T.jpg

nickraman
27th June 2016, 02:53 AM
Looks like the Naidu/Kundu trilingual has completed shooting according to the horse's mouth. Key words: Wrap Party in LA.

https://twitter.com/ikamalhaasan/status/747124504984428544

Unless there is India shoot pending. Eppadiyo, MMA illana seri.

thamiz
27th June 2016, 03:49 AM
I think only a small portion shot in US! The rest will be shot in India, I believe! :)

Nasc
27th June 2016, 10:45 AM
Looks like the Naidu/Kundu trilingual has completed shooting according to the horse's mouth. Key words: Wrap Party in LA.

https://twitter.com/ikamalhaasan/status/747124504984428544

Unless there is India shoot pending. Eppadiyo, MMA illana seri.

same blood....

avavh3
27th June 2016, 02:05 PM
'wrap party' tamizh. that means shooting completed. pp work is remaining. we have to believe the news since it is from horse's mouth. :clap:

why mma is thrown here unnecessarily :huh:

kumarsr
27th June 2016, 11:20 PM
I think only the schedule in LA is completed. They might be traveling to other cities (Atlanta?) to complete other portions before thry return back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl86c1kUsAAue3u.jpg

kumarsr
27th June 2016, 11:21 PM
Madhavan is just visiting the set not part of the film.

Saai
28th June 2016, 04:55 AM
It was a wrap party in LA. Looks like they are moving to another city for shooting.

avavh3
28th June 2016, 04:01 PM
is it monoj shyamalan on extreme right?

kumarsr
28th June 2016, 06:16 PM
Nope. It's that Sombu from Andrew Webber Lloyd's Bombay Dreams, Manu Narayan.

The man on the left is not Udhayamurthi (Unnal Mudiyum Thambi). He passed away a while back. Was just anticipating your next question :)

avavh3
29th June 2016, 12:21 PM
very funny :lol:

Russellpei
2nd July 2016, 12:29 PM
கமல்ஹாசனின் 2 படங்கள் இந்த வருடம் வெளியாகின்றன

கமல்ஹாசன் நடித்த ‘பாபநாசம்,’ ‘தூங்காவனம்’ ஆகிய இரண்டு படங்கள் கடந்த வருடம் வெளிவந்தன. மலையாளத்தில் மோகன்லால், மீனா நடித்து வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடிய ‘திரிஷ்யம்’ படத்தின் தமிழ் பதிப்பாக பாபநாசம் படத்தை தயாரித்து வெளியிட்டனர். குறைந்த பட்ஜெட்டில் உருவான அந்த படம் வசூல் குவித்தது.

தற்போது ‘சபாஷ் நாயுடு’ என்ற படத்தை கமல்ஹாசன் இயக்கி மகள் சுருதிஹாசனுடன் நடித்துக்கொண்டு இருக்கிறார். ரம்யா கிருஷ்ணன், பிரம்மானந்தம் ஆகியோரும் முக்கிய கதாபாத்திரங்களில் நடிக்கிறார்கள். இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கிறார். இதன் படப்பிடிப்பு அமெரிக்காவில் தொடங்கி விறுவிறுப்பாக நடந்து வருகிறது. இதற்காக கமல்ஹாசனும், இதர நடிகர்-நடிகைகள் மற்றும் தொழில்நுட்ப கலைஞர்களும் அங்கு முகாமிட்டு உள்ளனர்.

இந்த படத்தில் கமல்ஹாசன் நடிக்கும் கதாபாத்திரம் ரகசியமாக வைக்கப்பட்டு இருந்தது. தற்போது அந்த தோற்றம் சமூக வலைத்தளங்களில் வெளியாகி உள்ளது. இதனை நடிகர் மாதவன் வெளியிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.

தசாவதாரம் படத்தில் கமல்ஹாசன் பல்ராம் நாயுடு என்ற தமிழ் பேசும் தெலுங்கு உளவுத்துறை அதிகாரி கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நடித்து இருந்தார். அவர் பேசிய வசனங்கள் நகைச்சுவையாக அமைந்தன. பல்ராம் நாயுடு போன்றே இந்த கதாபாத்திரத்தின் தோற்றமும் உருவாக்கப்பட்டு உள்ளது. கதையும் அதன் தொடர்ச்சியாகவே இருக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

கமல்ஹாசனின் விஸ்வரூபம்-2, சபாஷ்நாயுடு ஆகிய இரண்டு படங்களும் இந்த வருடம் வெளியாகும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது. விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தை 2013-ல் கமல்ஹாசன் இயக்கியபோதே அதன் இரண்டாம் பாகத்துக்கான பணிகளையும் பாதி முடித்து விட்டார்.

விஸ்வரூபம் பட தோற்றத்திலேயே இரண்டாம் பாகத்திலும் நடித்தார். கடந்த வருடம் ஆகஸ்டு மாதம் இந்த படம் வெளியாகும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்பட்டு சில பிரச்சினைகளால் தள்ளி வைக்கப்பட்டது. வருகிற தீபாவளிக்கு இதை திரைக்கு கொண்டு வர திட்டமிட்டு உள்ளனர்.

kumarsr
3rd July 2016, 06:53 PM
Taking over reins of 'Sabaash Naidu' no cakewalk: Kamal Haasan

MUMBAI: Kamal Haasan, who took over the reins of trilingual comedy "Sabaash Naidu" after director T.K. Rajeev Kumar fell ill, says he has spent a gruelling 25 days shooting the film, which also stars his daughter Shruti Haasan.

"Sabaash Naidu" is a Hindi-Tamil-Telugu trilingual comedy -- a genre Kamal loves.

Excerpts from the interview:

Q. How are you coping with the unexpected responsibility of directing "Sabaash Naidu"?

Thanks to my friend late R.C. Shakti, I am coping quite well, thank you. Shakti made me a co-writer and director in my first film as a hero. It took me a long time to realise only a person who loved you like a brother would do such a thing. I was 18 years old when he offered me that exalted status.

Q. You’ve ghost-directed any number of films and please don’t pretend otherwise.

Throughout my career, I have been trying to prove I deserve the trust that my friends placed in me. Taking over the reins of "Sabaash Naidu" is no cakewalk. It came with its intrinsic problems. But I pulled it off. It was a gruelling 25 days but now while editing the film in Los Angeles, the pain vanishes.

Q. You are co-starring with and directing your daughter Shruti for the first time. How’s the experience?

Shruti is a professional and a star-child. Both (former wife) Sarikaji and I were actors from our childhood. Unlike her parents who walked with apprehension, Shruti is a surefooted star already. I have never directed stars before. This was a new experience. I am only used to directing actors. Shruti is both a star and an actor, to my surprise.

Q. Are there any how-will-I-tell-her-to-do-this moments on the sets between you and Shruti?

Even in life, there were no how-will-I-tell-her-this moments. During her growing-up years, all that was needed to be told was told to her in the right time. Likewise in the film. By the way, for the Tamil version of "Dasavtharam", she was my coach for my American accent.

She had just returned from the US and was the perfect medium to help her father’s Madrasi accent to be transformed into a Yankee accent. She was a bully. She made me do many retakes. And after the dubbing, she wanted me to correct some more of my accent. Everyone thought that was taking it a little too far (laughs).

Q. Has "Sabash Naidu" fallen behind schedule because of the director’s illness?

The film is behind schedule by about a month. That too because I refused to shoot the film in different schedules. I have shot the entire film on schedule. If all goes well, we should be done by August or September.

Q. Are you enjoying the return to comedy?

I can never leave comedy. Even "Vishwaroop" has comedy elements in it. I enjoy it when my actors and crew laugh in spite of the work stress. It is a great indicator of laughter in the theatre. "Sabaash Naidu" had moments like it while shooting and more so during editing.

kumarsr
3rd July 2016, 06:55 PM
Looks like it is delayed further

nickraman
3rd July 2016, 10:27 PM
Looks like it is delayed further

Maybe Pongal release then.

If he can wrap up by September and return to wrapping up roopam rendavathu, he can start that work instead or have a team to work on SN/SK simultaneously while he does promotional work for VR2.

kumarsr
5th July 2016, 05:08 PM
Nothing official on VR-2. There is some indication that Aascar is seriously looking to complete remaining work and bring it out for Deepavali (hopefully this year's deepavali)
It looks like SN team will complete the remaining portions in Chennai. So may be KH is already back or will be soon be.They had earlier stated that they will spend close to 60 days in US and complete 90% before returning. Not sure what happened, they are back after 30 days. Conpeeeesion!!

Arvind Srinivasan
8th July 2016, 12:46 PM
Kamal Haasan ‏@ikamalhaasan 2h2 hours ago
42+ minutes edited length in each language. + 1 song with Shruti completed. Looking good. Kundu and Naidu have a life of their own[/B]

That's fast...Hopefully we get something to savour this year. (Two would be great, but doubt it)

kumarsr
8th July 2016, 07:37 PM
He is back to Form

CDKSFAŽ ‏@CDKSFA_Official 2h2 hours ago

#KamalHaasan To Launch '#MudinjaIvanaPudi' Audio
'Mudinja Ivana Pudi' is an upcoming commercial entertainer... http://fb.me/9s8wzCSxW

avavh3
12th July 2016, 11:39 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/news/actor-kamal-haasans-sabash-naidus-film/article8835811.ece?homepage=true
Kamal finishes 42 minutes of ‘Sabash Naidu’
Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan who had wrapped up the first schedule of his trilingual film “Sabash Naidu”, gave an update on the film's progress.

In a tweet, the national award-winning actor expressed satisfaction at the progress of the movie. Over 42 minutes of the film which included a song by Sruthi Haasan has been edited simultaneously in three languages, the actor said.

Maestro Ilaiyaraaja has composed the music of the film. Along with Telugu actor Brahmanandam, the film also stars Shruti Haasan, Ramya Krishnan.

Kamal’s second daughter Akshara Haasan is reportedly assisting the filmmaker in “Sabash Naidu".
In the film, which is being simultaneously shot in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. Kamal plays a RAW operative and the role is based on Balram Naidu, the popular character from 2010 Tamil film “Dasavatharam”.

Kamal wielded the megaphone after the film’s director T.K. Rajeev Kumar fell ill.

dell_gt
14th July 2016, 07:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnQZRgxUkAAF5Ap.jpg

Director on duty!

Shruti is back to Singam3 shooting.. not sure if sir gona start V-II work or Sabaash Naidu.. no update from this man yet..

avavh3
12th June 2017, 02:25 PM
any updates on the movie please. it is very frustrating finding no news about SN.

kumarsr
23rd June 2017, 07:35 PM
any updates on the movie please. it is very frustrating finding no news about SN.

Hope you have heard that VR-2 work is ongoing after a long break. VR2 release is now planned before year end, 2017, according to the Big Boss!!

Adox
30th June 2017, 09:39 PM
Very silent in the forum these days .. Not sure where other kamalian guys are ?

Arvind Srinivasan
25th July 2017, 10:12 PM

Silent...because on the film making front it's been way too silent from Kamal himself for the last year and a half. Very frustrating actually. Hope this Big Boss nonsense comes to a stop and he gets back to doing what he does best...Making films....

vidyasakaran
8th January 2018, 07:03 PM

Silent, because Indian govt has blocked this site. Thanks to Kalaipuli and Kabaali.

dell_gt
14th January 2019, 06:30 PM
dropped movies ++ Sabash Naidu !