PDA

View Full Version : diet during cold....urgent

sonumickey
27th February 2005, 09:11 PM
hi

can anyone tell me the diet during cold? please give me the recipes for those diet ...

thxs
gayathri

bhargavi.raj
27th February 2005, 10:35 PM
The basic recommended diet for people suffering with cold will be to drink a lot of fluids.
food supplements can be liquidified and made in form of soups and drinks.
hot bowl of dal soup
mashed and pureed spinach soup
hot and sour soup with boiled vegetables.
porridge made of rice/oatmeal with a drizzle of honey
rice cooked and mashed and hot pepper garlic rasam over it will help
apple juice and orange juice ( freshly squeesed if available )
lots of vitamin c supplements, this is a ideal remady for colds.
buttermilk with some squeesed lemon juice( if they don't hav sore throat)

hope these work.
Bhargavi.Raj

Sudhaama
27th February 2005, 11:09 PM
Most IMPORTANT Food-Ingredient... on such occasions is .. PEPPER.

Frequent.... LEMON-JUICE drink.... mixed in Hot-water(Tolerably Hot)

waaza
28th February 2005, 06:56 PM
there is no remedy for colds and flu. These are caused by viruses, which can only be combated by the body's natural defences. If you are a healthy person, with a healthy diet, there is nothing you can do but sit it out. If you have a poor diet, then taking food with good nutritional content is sensible. Make sure you are having the recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals, and increase the protein content a little to produce more antibodies. Apart from that, a little comfort food, but remember, there are no cold remedies, sorry.
cheers
Waaza

Sudhaama
4th March 2005, 05:25 AM
There is one Famous English-Proverb.... all of us know....

" If you take Medicines... for Cold... You can become Normal...

... Just within ONE WEEK !

But if You Don't take any Medicine ... to become Normal... it will take...

.... SEVEN LONG DAYS !!

In general it is the Truth... with people who are of LOW Pathological Resistance Power... so to say ...by means of Vital Blood-content...

The English Proverb indirectly hints at the Inability of the Allopathic- cure for the Common-cold.

And if medicines are prescribed they are the Ant-Biotics... which may lead to Side-effects...

But according to Homeopathy... thre is a Remedy... to combat such normal illnesses and Ailments... by means of Toning-up the Inner-Resistance Power.. And it has been found successful within a few hours even in the worst cases... depending upon the patients Life- Habits, Addictions, Basic-Physical-strength etc.

According to Herbal Medicines also... under Ayurvedha... there can be a DEFINITE CURE... without any Anti-Biotics.. but by just Toning up the Inner Resistance Power.... similar to Homeopathy.

Thirukkuralh ... says...

Marundhu yena vaendaavaa Yaakkaikku
Arundhiyadhu Atradhu poatri vunhin

No medicine will be needed for a Person......if he maintains a Balanced-diet coupled with a Disciplined Life ensuring an apt Intake suited to the Individual alongside keeping of the Stuff and Habits which causes or aggravates a Physical Lacunae.

Accordingly Indians... especially Tamilians ... have lead a Sound Health... with a long life.... I have seen many during the past about 70 years in India, Gulf-country, and in US too..

One of such BEST EXAMPLE is my Uncle... who lived HEALTHY upto 82...

... Taken NO MEDICINES at all ... Ever in Life...Never visited a Doctor.. Nor had even a Single Injection ... throughout his 82 years. !

... Does not know ... How a Head-ache... or such other Ailments will be...

And he had lived in Cold-climates too for more than 12 years at Ooty.

One of the Best advice I had from him... is...

Take PEPPER DAILY... and more frequently when you anticipate Cold...

In a shivering Cold... when others avoid even to touch the Chilly Tank-water... he used to casually dip himself... in the Tank... by having .. a few Pepper seeds in the Mouth.. Consequently he was totally unaffected even at unacquainted new places.

Portugese Traders... encouraged the Growth of Pepper in India... (especially at Kerala Regions being best suited Soil for it.) and exported in large scale to Europian countries... prior to British entry ...

Only because of that UNPARALLEL and INDISPENSABLE. Remedy for Cold in the Cold-countries.

People who don't believe the Efficacy this Tiny Food-Ingredient...

Let them Try and then Comment.... PEPPER is a Wonderful Cold-Remedy
!!!

Anybody differing with me... may ascertain the Veracity of my Statement

... from any Malayalee Gentleman... They can speak a lot on this Tiny- Gold.