PDA

View Full Version : Dhina's Kicha Vayasu 16

MumbaiRamki
5th March 2005, 12:26 AM
I had no expectations from this movie ,thought it would have ok music ...
WHen i saw the name Dhina and Malathi,P.Muniamma
in one of the songs ..I thought it would be on e of another Thiruda Thirudi ..

SO i just skipped to the last 2 songs sung by Unni menon ,Hariharan ,Chinmayi

I was in for a pleasant surprise - Dhina has done exceptional work in these 2 songs - the best he has delivered - really very very nice ....

1.Sila Neram
the structure is very smilar to teh songs "kadhal vanthal " by tippu .Unii Menon has sung very well - and teh occasional String harmony is also awelcome change - The flute piece that kisses teh String piece is too good ...

2.Solal Mudiala - Hariharan ,CHinamayi
The lyrics is simple - Again the song is refreshing from other Dhina's melodies - the string harmony is very prominent in this song ,esp in teh pallavi and charanam...

Ok ,now the other songs ...

3.AAngalai Ennaku Pidikum - Dev Prakash ,Sumitra
A Hip Hop song . Starts iwth a Jazz kind of music ..structure very similar to Yuvan's songs ..Not very great song ..But listenable and godo rythms ..A marked improvement in his Dheena song .This song can be compared to " Enna aachu " song from Kadhalr Dhinam ...SUmitra - DOn't know who is this ,but has trie dto imitate Vasundra Das.

4.Kelam buthu - Karthik
Very similar to Thala pola Varuma song - A Kind of song ,but lyrics is no way related and this si completely folk ..teh lrics is very funny and u can compare to old raaja songs lyrics in folk songs ......Ketkalam - NO iraichaal ....Cool song ...

5.Mottu Mottu Thamairaye
Sujatha nalalpadi irukanga ..Pucca raaja 80's folk song ..Ketkalam again ...no iraichal .......I thought this will be crap ,but it is really cool !!!!

6.Parthiya -
I can call this song as a spolier song ..Atleats as not crude as the thiruda Thrudi song ....Dappanguthu ...once venam ketkalam ...

7.Puna Mudi Mesai - Maniika Vanayagam,Anuradha Sriram
Sorry ,no comments - The singers explain all the song .

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.7776/
NagaS ,kettu parunga u will like this album !!!! :P

interz
16th March 2005, 03:58 AM
DHina is ONE hit WONder

he hasnt been able to follow up with his success of Manmatha Raasa ever since his songs has been pure crap

This one is no exception, cant understand why produsers still hires DHina..... :roll: :roll: