PDA

View Full Version : Alka Yagnik

Deep_Secrets
5th March 2005, 06:21 AM
I was hoping Alka Yagnik fans would want to talk about her. I am a really big admirer of her smile and her voice. My email address is deep_secrets2005@yahoo.com if anyone needs mp3s of her.

HindustaniLadka
5th March 2005, 06:45 AM
here are some good mp3 sites where you can find a lot of her music:

ww.smashits.com(you can stream all types of Indian music in many languages from this site)

www.desiest.com

www.coolgoose.com

Deep_Secrets
5th March 2005, 06:53 AM
Hi HindustaniLadka,

My source for her songs is coolgoose and some good friends, for now. You've mentioned www.desiest.com but the thing is, I can't download songs from there. I do have an account but when I try to download some songs, I get the message that the server is busy. Its always busy! I needed the song Pyar tune Kya Kia by Alka Yagnik.

Deep_Secrets
7th March 2005, 04:43 AM
Did anyone notice that Kavita is not in the title song of Jeena Sirf Mere Liye even though she is credited also? Only Alka Yagnik is present. Or is Kavita in there somewhere and sounds so much like Alka :roll:

Deep_Secrets
7th March 2005, 05:00 AM
Here's what I found on the net about the title song of Jeena Sirf Mere Liye....I don't agree with Kavita being present in the song. I'd appreciate if someone else could comment on this.

---'Here are lyrics of the song and it is a bit hard to distinguish voice of Alka & Kavita in the song however a fan of Kavita or Alka can identify the difference.

I have tried to identify the singer for each verse. I have marked (SURE) where I am 100% sure and you all can notice the difference at that point as well.

Yeh Din Yeh Mahine Saal Guzar Jayenge Mere Yaar - Babul
Magar Itna Rakhna Khayal Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Babul
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye Kasam Se - Babul
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Babul
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye -Babul

Yeh Din Yeh Mahine Saal Guzar Jayenge Mere Yaar - Alka
Magar Itna Rakhna Khayal
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Kavita
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye Kasam Se - Kavita

Ab Kabhi Na Kam Ho Bekarari Apni - Babul
Yun Hi Badhti Jaaye Yeh Khumari Apni - Babul
Mujhko Dhadkano Mein Tum Chhupa Ke Rakhna - Kavita
Chahaton Ko Dil Se Tum Laga Ke Rakhna - Kavita (100% SURE)
Mohabbat Mein Sara Jahan Kare Chaahe Lakho Sawal- Alka (100% SURE)
Magar Itna Rakhna Khayal Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Alka

Kaisi Bhi Ho Raahein Saath Saath Chalna - Kavita
Chaahe Badle Mausam Tum Nahin Badalna - Kavita
Tera Mera Naata Ab Kabhi Na Tute - Babul
Saason Ka Yeh Bandhan Ab Kabhi Na Chhute - Babul
Mile Hum Ko Gham Ya Khushi - Babul
Chaahe Kuch Bhi Ho Apna Haal - Babul
Magar Itna Rakhna Khayal Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Babul
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye Kasam Se - Babul
Yeh Din Yeh Mahine Saal Guzar Jayenge Mere Yaar - Alka
Magar Itna Rakhna Khayal Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Alka
Jeena Sirf Merre Liye - Babul'_

Deep_Secrets
9th March 2005, 01:14 AM
I'll wait till the end of the world for some kind of a reply :P

Deep_Secrets
24th March 2005, 06:03 AM
Greetings!!! :D ....RR or whoever the administrator/moderator is, could you please delete this whole topic on Alka Yagnik? I am not getting any more replies and it's just here for no reason. Thanks in advance.

Deep_Secrets
26th March 2005, 05:28 AM
Where IS everybody? Is this whole topic invisible :shock: :shock: :shock: ?

HindustaniLadka
26th March 2005, 06:20 AM
For desiest.com, you have to go through one of those "quick premium" surveys. Just click no for everything and enter in a fake name and email address. When you finish doing all this you should have premium membership for 24 hours.

Deep_Secrets
26th March 2005, 07:14 AM
Hindustani Ladka, I went for that Quik premium once but it was taking so long...I'll try again. thanks!

sanju
27th March 2005, 10:14 PM
ALKA IS MY FAVOURITE FE-MALE SINGER. I REALLY THINK THERE IS NO COMPETITION FOR HER. SHE IS THE NO-1, 2 AND 3. JUST FORGET ABOUT THE VETERANS ASHA AND LATHA. CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH IS HER BEST SONG?

Deep_Secrets
28th March 2005, 04:24 AM
Sanju, I 'll list more than one...Don't pay attention to the order in which I put them.

1) Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Mein-Raja HIndustani
2) All songs from Tum Yaad Aaye
3) All songs from Refugee especially Mere Humsafar.
4) Humein Jabse-Border
5) Shayarana Si Hai-Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi
6) Dil Mein Sanam Ki Soorat-Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi (with Kumar Sanu.
7) Raah Mein Unse Mulaqat-VijayPath
8)Zubaan Khamosh Hoti Hai-Main Khiladi Tu Anari
9) Taal Se Taal-Taal
10) Badalon Mein Chup Raha Hai-Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi
11) Gazab Ka Hai Din-Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (I like this for the innocence in her voice)
12) Subah Hui-Woh Tera Naam Tha
13)Tum Mile Dil Khile-Criminal
14) Hum TUm-Hum Tum
15)Aankh Hai Bharri Bharii-Tumse Acha Kaun Hai
16)Khoya Khoya Chand-Khoya Khoya Chand album with Babul Supriyo.
17)Bahon Ke Darmiyan-Khamoshi
18)Akele Hain To Kya Gham Hai-Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
19)Tujhe Yaad Na Meri-Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
20)Gali Mein Chand-Zakhm
21)Padh Likh Ke-Zakhm (This is a very touching song, sung for a son)
22)Ek Din Aap Yun-Yess Boss
23)Ae Mere Humsafar-Baazigar
24)Some of her songs from Khuddar.
25)Humsafar Chahiye-Inteha
26) Tera gham-Rok Sako To Rok Lo(most won't like this one but Sonu and Alka did a great job in bringing forth the emotions required)
27) Some from Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, especially the title song and Dekhne Walon Ne.

And I have many more, for me, there's so much. :)

sanju
28th March 2005, 01:26 PM
hamein jabse.. border

aayi ho meri... raja hindustani.

are my favourites. she dont have any songs from saajan?.

Deep_Secrets
28th March 2005, 01:43 PM
hamein jabse.. border

aayi ho meri... raja hindustani.

are my favourites. she dont have any songs from saajan?.

She does and I especially liked Tu Shayar Hai..Like I said, there are a lot I haven't typed out...

waleed904
21st April 2005, 07:08 AM
For desiest.com, you have to go through one of those "quick premium" surveys. Just click no for everything and enter in a fake name and email address. When you finish doing all this you should have premium membership for 24 hours.

"HindustaniLadka" I really liked the mp3 sites you had. But I think there's a better site then "coolgoose" and "desiest.com"
Why dont you guyz try www.bollyfm.net. It has the latest music that you can download. Plus its so organized.

:shock: :P :!:

HindustaniLadka
21st April 2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks man. That site you posted is great. I dont ahve to go through all the pop ups and surveys anymore. :D

The only thing i dont like is that some download links dont work. The dl links for Kuch Na Kaho for example. :?

Deep_Secrets
21st April 2005, 11:53 AM
Can't download anything from there,...does it take time?

seldon1985
21st April 2005, 09:11 PM
Alka is absolutely amazing! Such a sweet singer that when you hear her songs, you feel a piece of you melting inside. I cannot figure out why, but the song Is deewane Ladke ko keeps playing in my head and refuses to over-ripen! She sings so sweetly everywhere! I first saw her in concert with the masterful, my personal favorite Udit Narayan. It was truly a concert of concerts: Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik for 3 hours! They are the perfect pair together, as their beautifully mature voices enmesh each others' and enhance the overall recording quality. Alka comes out singing Taal Se Taal Mila...and only moments later, Udit Narayan bursts from the back of the stage singing "Maana Anjana Hai, Tu Mere Vasate...". Alka Yagnik is the proper queen, but lately she has not been heard as often. Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal, etc... have come into the picture :? However: Anyday, Anytime, Anywhere I would profess my undying love for Alka!

Deep_Secrets
22nd April 2005, 03:22 AM
Seldon, Welcome!!! Another Alka Fan! It is true Udit and her are a perfect pair...The reason she's not singing much these days is she said that she'll focus on quality more than quantity now. That's a good thing but what about us? :( ...We wont be able to hear her much now. Anyways, newcomers cannot 'conquer' her or anything as she is a established singer like Lata and Asha...All newcomers are like students and she a teacher :wink: ...

Check out this site... http://www.alka-fan.com/alka_yagnikBHH.html

waleed904
27th April 2005, 08:25 AM
is alka singing in movies again?

seldon1985
27th April 2005, 08:41 PM
Thank you Deep Secrets for that very informative website. I definitely liked the interview section, which kind of opened my eyes even further to the sheer volume of her great hits. What do you think about the future of Alka as a playback singer? Do you think that she should do some more concerts now? And most importantly, is she (and any other bollywood singers) coming to the East coast of America anytime this summer? Thank you for the help!

Deep_Secrets
27th April 2005, 11:33 PM
is alka singing in movies again?

I thought that's what she is devoted to :? ....playback?

seldon1985
27th April 2005, 11:37 PM
Yes, I thought the same! She has sung a couple of songs in Kisna, which is still rather contemporary as well as Swades, to name just a couple that I remind while sitting here at the computer. She is still sounding as amazing as ever, for sure. I cannot wait to go to the Suhani Safar concert this summer, it shall be grand and very broad with its broad talented group. check out the website for the one closest to me: http://www.poojanka.com/.

Deep_Secrets
27th April 2005, 11:39 PM
Thank you Deep Secrets for that very informative website. I definitely liked the interview section, which kind of opened my eyes even further to the sheer volume of her great hits. What do you think about the future of Alka as a playback singer? Do you think that she should do some more concerts now? And most importantly, is she (and any other bollywood singers) coming to the East coast of America anytime this summer? Thank you for the help!

Hi Seldon. Glad you visited the site.

As to her future, course it's BRIGHT!!! Once, Lata Mangeshkar called Alka her successor! And Sanju, it's different this time :wink: ...Alka is definitely unique. I predict: She'll be a living legend pretty soon, once Lata Mangeshkar goes to sleep forever :shock: :shock: :shock: ....Sorry people :P .

Seldon, You must have seen about the Suhana Safar which will include top Bollywood singers like Udit, Hariharan, Alka, and others....it's on the site I posted. I have never been to any of her concerts and cant comment on whether she should do more of them. I am not planning on attending any in the near future. You know what I think? Distance increases respect and love....

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:40 PM
okay, you are obsessed

seldon1985
18th May 2005, 10:00 PM
Hello again!

As for being obsessed about Alka, I ask why not (to the sender of the message above)? Why not have something to dream about and smile about when things are mundane and everyday. We do not love something so much as to devote our life to it or in an attempt to emulate it, but instead we do it to provide an escape from our lives. Im sure even you tend to make perfect those things/people that you do not see in sometime...

Thank you Deep_secrets for your website! It was highly informative, and I have passed on the word about the concert! Your comment about distance increasing love reminds me of a theme from the movie 'Kisna' (Kisna says the same thing to Lady Katherine at the end of the film). Of course, 'Kisna' has a song 'Tu Itni Pagli Kyon Hai' sung by the great Alka herself!

I understand why you do not want to go to the concert. I too on hindsight understand that I would have adulated Udit Narayan even more if I did not see him in concert! But alas, I am too weak to stay away and I cannot wait for the concert this summer!

chaotic whisperz
19th May 2005, 11:21 PM
Hello again!

As for being obsessed about Alka, I ask why not (to the sender of the message above)? Why not have something to dream about and smile about when things are mundane and everyday. We do not love something so much as to devote our life to it or in an attempt to emulate it, but instead we do it to provide an escape from our lives. Im sure even you tend to make perfect those things/people that you do not see in sometime...

Thank you Deep_secrets for your website! It was highly informative, and I have passed on the word about the concert! Your comment about distance increasing love reminds me of a theme from the movie 'Kisna' (Kisna says the same thing to Lady Katherine at the end of the film). Of course, 'Kisna' has a song 'Tu Itni Pagli Kyon Hai' sung by the great Alka herself!

I understand why you do not want to go to the concert. I too on hindsight understand that I would have adulated Udit Narayan even more if I did not see him in concert! But alas, I am too weak to stay away and I cannot wait for the concert this summer!

why dont you build a bloody shrine?!

Deep_Secrets
21st May 2005, 04:02 AM
Seldon, I have yet to watch the film Kisna. She had another song in there, Wohi Din Aa Gaya. I like it better than the other one.

Chaos, lets join forces and drive people crazy with our similiar posting techniques :wink: ...

chaotic whisperz
26th May 2005, 11:45 PM
Seldon, I have yet to watch the film Kisna. She had another song in there, Wohi Din Aa Gaya. I like it better than the other one.

Chaos, lets join forces and drive people crazy with our similiar posting techniques :wink: ...

LOL... i aim to please

Deep_Secrets
27th May 2005, 12:46 PM

LOL... i aim to please

:lol: I must have misread your previous posts then :P

chaotic whisperz
27th May 2005, 10:36 PM
hows that man/

Deep_Secrets
28th May 2005, 12:45 PM
This post

LOL... i aim to please

can be interpreted in two ways... :wink:

goingplaces2001
29th May 2005, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to update the great Alka Yagnik web link that Deep Secrets posted April 21. It has been renamed slightly and it is now ....

www.alka-fan.com/alka_yagnik.html

Check it out.

Deep_Secrets
31st May 2005, 02:17 AM
Hey thanks! :D

chaotic whisperz
31st May 2005, 10:30 PM
This post

LOL... i aim to please

can be interpreted in two ways... :wink:

i aint too sure of these two ways... how bout you clarify them if................................................ ......

Deep_Secrets
1st June 2005, 06:05 AM
Never mind :)

chaotic whisperz
1st June 2005, 09:03 PM
Never mind :)

that aint cool.............................................. .

Deep_Secrets
28th June 2005, 04:22 PM
Who has listened to Alka Yagnik's songs in Barsaat 2005? She shines!!! KoyalBole_2005@yahoo.com for those who want the mp3s.

chaotic whisperz
28th June 2005, 08:14 PM
i been lookin for those for a while............. whered you get them from??

Deep_Secrets
29th June 2005, 01:13 PM
DO you NEED them? Doesn't matter where I got them from. You know you go around laughing at others or their hobbies so I felt that is exactly what you are doing to me. Are you really interested in the songs???

chaotic whisperz
1st July 2005, 02:49 AM
geez all i wanted to know was where you got them from cause ive been looking for them................... just forget it............. i'll get them on my own when i can

Deep_Secrets
3rd July 2005, 08:21 AM
Alright :lol: ...check out www.coolgoose.com and www.desiest.com though...

chaotic whisperz
5th July 2005, 02:35 AM
i already went out and bought the cd

Deep_Secrets
5th July 2005, 02:50 AM

Are you putting me down for downloading from sites and not buying? :?

:lol:

HindustaniLadka
5th July 2005, 02:53 AM

Just ignore chaoticwhispers....he/she is just a waste of pixels and oxygen......

Deep_Secrets
5th July 2005, 03:03 AM
He's nice enough to me.... 8) ...I enjoy his presence,... without him, Miscellenous Topics would be dead.

chaotic whisperz
13th July 2005, 03:11 AM

buddy.......... i didnt say anything about buying the cd......... i couldnt get it on the net, so i went out and bought..... thats it.............

chaotic whisperz
13th July 2005, 03:13 AM

Just ignore chaoticwhispers....he/she is just a waste of pixels and oxygen......

im a he/she........... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

waste of pixels................................ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chaotic whisperz
13th July 2005, 03:13 AM
He's nice enough to me.... 8) ...I enjoy his presence,... without him, Miscellenous Topics would be dead.

finally... someone who appreciates........................... and doesnt haterate........................... but i hardly post in Misc...................... :?

Deep_Secrets
2nd August 2005, 07:24 AM

finally... someone who appreciates........................... and doesnt haterate........................... but i hardly post in Misc...................... :?

Misc is the only section I visit...the only lively posts here are yours...posts that stir up some 'excitement'. I don't like boring, informative posts :P and yours are not.