PDA

View Full Version : Chandramukhi Audio is released today!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Raghu
25th April 2005, 05:59 PM
now he is acting again and before hte movie is released he went to all the temples. poor guy. he didnt believe in story, he didnt believe in himself. he went all the way and begged all gods for the success.

Kbee, very absurd statement, to believe in one self, one must believe something far suprior than him, that is called Maha Iswar(paramathma) we (atmas) are like puppets, we are all controlled by Paramathama.

There is no point me sitting here and thinking I am great,I am so handsome, I am so itelligent,...etc, this is false ego, Maya. The real truth is Paramatha,.. sorry I don't want to preach here, but don't insult Paramatha by sweeping statements like this :shock:

By the way, i like your Aei bit, add 'Adhu' to your list as well :lol:

I have to agree Super* failed with his experiment in Baba and Sri Raghavendra, but kamal ji failed with many experiment like abbey, heyram, anbe sivam,....etc.

so to survive in the indsutry you need to be mass commercial hero, which is exactly what Super* is, his charisma at 55+ is still Unmatched.

Personaly I liked Baba in terms of the story, and super* image, but the message was not conveyed properly , silly politics, stupid graphics and poor screen play let the failure.

so it is natural for any actor to give hits and failure, that is destiny.

Super* is destined to be what his now, no body can do anything about this
Kamlaji is same also
Super* can not be Kamal nor Kamal can be Super*, cos their destiny are different due to their poorva genma karma

I am acting in my very first film called 'Santharpam', details are available on request :wink: , that does not mean I will be big actor in 5 years or not, no one knows what destiny holds for us

MumbaiRamki
25th April 2005, 07:03 PM
Saw CM this week end ...

To cut it short ,CM i sthe best ever Rajni i have seen after 1991 -I will whole heartedly appreciate the risk Rajni has taken .Kudos !!

At the same time ,with no offense to Rajni fans ,this movie belongs to Fazil ,the original script writer ,then to Rajni and Jothika followed by Vadivel and vidyasagar..

S* has done his role very well ...-Thankfully there were no heroisms in this movie ...

I will give a double tHumbs Up for this movie !

MumbaiRamki
25th April 2005, 07:05 PM
Raghu ,
All teh best !

TISK
25th April 2005, 07:12 PM
'Raghu', ungaLukkku kidaichcha indha 'sandharppam' nalla vidhamaaga amaiya andha aandavanai veNdugiREn!
Best of Luck!

Vaz
25th April 2005, 08:07 PM
Raghu best of luck for your debut...

Who's the director? MD?...

Raghu
25th April 2005, 09:26 PM
Raghu ,
All teh best !

'Raghu', ungaLukkku kidaichcha indha 'sandharppam' nalla vidhamaaga amaiya andha aandavanai veNdugiREn!
Best of Luck!

Raghu best of luck for your debut...

Who's the director? MD?...

Thanks a lot friends, highly appreciated , could all of you please reply to me PM? :D

Thanks again

Jacky
26th April 2005, 03:06 PM
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/apr/26tamilbo.htm

some truth is out here i guess.

Rajni fanatics need not worry cuz ME and Sachin are disasters.

kbee
26th April 2005, 08:43 PM
Jacky

1. Dont read rediff review. If you give ad, they will praise, otherwise they wont?
2. MX is a commercial success and doing good in A and B centers, while Sachin is a success in B and C center.
3. How does ME and Sachin not doing well will help CM? Do you mean to say that for Rajini movie to be success every other movie has to be a flop?

Jacky
26th April 2005, 08:52 PM
kbee,
"How does ME and Sachin not doing well will help CM?"
Normally it happens with other films but Rajni was an exception.
The link is dead already, some swift damage control from Rajni camp, Rediff has removed the contents now however the link still stays on Google News.

Movies
26th April 2005, 09:31 PM
O KBHEE

you would be kamals most agressive promoter!

Sachin is an average hit at all centres! Vijay is no joke anymore dude! he has a huge fan following! Even shankar backed out of competing with rajni, vijay didnt , just shows how much vijay knows what his strenght is!

Sachin has its appeal... I watched it yesterday ... not bad... movie moves along very smoothly! Fun at a lot of places!

and KBHEE .... i agree with MX and sachin not doing well does not help CM...... but rather....... i think its CMs presence that has reduced sachins collection! Ofcourse kamals comedy are rarely appreciated by the B and C centres!

Raghu
26th April 2005, 09:45 PM
Sachin is an average hit at all centres! Vijay is no joke anymore dude! he has a huge fan following! Even shankar backed out of competing with rajni, vijay didnt , just shows how much vijay knows what his strenght is!

and look what happened to sachin, he was insane to compete with a legend, Only Kamalji can give some resistance to Super*.

I do agree VJ has huge fan, but what is the ratio VJ fans to Rajni fans?
like an ant to an elephant :D

and KBHEE .... i agree with MX and sachin not doing well does not help CM...... but rather....... i think its CMs presence that has reduced sachins collection! Ofcourse kamals comedy are rarely appreciated by the B and C centres!

Agreed, this is all money making business, one must think wisely before venturing into compete with super*

Jacky
26th April 2005, 09:58 PM
Raghu,
I think VJ loses only in the "curiosity factor", S* takes 2-3 years for a release and by this time VJ acts in 10 films. So there can never be a fair comparison.

Movies
26th April 2005, 10:10 PM
Jacky thats a fair point!

Raghu ur 100% vijay and Rajni dont compare, but sadly when it comes to Kamal vs Vijay in terms of recent success, and fans..... i have a feeling Vijay beats Kamal all the way!

I think im starting an epic battle here > VJ vs Kamal!

kbee
26th April 2005, 10:54 PM
Jacky thats a fair point!

Raghu ur 100% vijay and Rajni dont compare, but sadly when it comes to Kamal vs Vijay in terms of recent success, and fans..... i have a feeling Vijay beats Kamal all the way!

I think im starting an epic battle here > VJ vs Kamal!
no you are not at all starting an epic battle. after watching thiruppachi, i banned vijay'v movie in my house, including myself.

Also I wish I am a kamal promotor, because starting from Virumandi I have been telling Raaj Kamal to give the movie to the right people, but Kamal end up makign the same mistake. the huge success of CM in USA is also attributed to the ads that you saw in every single site you go to. The highest searched keyword for tamil is "tamil sex" and you guess what, it will show chandramukhi show timings. Yes, thats how people advertised the movie. With virumandi, Vasool and MX it went to wrong ppl. No ofense to people who LOST money in all the 3 movies in USA (mr. Chokku), but they didnt do any justification either to Kamal or to themselves.

vibinrajmani
26th April 2005, 10:54 PM
i hardly notice anyone mention vikram
he can do both "mass" roles and "experimental" roles
only drawback is that he is in his 40s

i am sure that he can open movies to full capacity audiences like his dhool and saamy. vikram carries that certain kind of persona and even "grace"

honestly i don't find anything special abt vijay or ajith. i have no idea how vijay gained this much fans

Arjuna
26th April 2005, 11:03 PM
East or West Vikram is the best!! Followed by our thalai Ajith!! Ajith is superb for the angry man roles!! He always looks angry :)

Movies
26th April 2005, 11:35 PM
Kbhee..... what r u talking!

Rajni needs no publicity! The word Rajni itslef wud sail across seas and create hype and hoopla!

Sadly that isnt the case with kamal! And eat ur words ! Kamal created his own cheap publicity by beggin up a fight with dr krishnasamy about virumandi! Virumandi earned some money only because it had that publicity, other wise it would have been a bigger loss than it ended up being! Kamal is a smart guy he knows how to advertise! Sadly though he doesnt know whow to keep audience glued to the screen!
Only f kamal stops directing and ghost directing he will be able to make a hit!

Rajni made a istake writting the screen play in baba, he realised his mistake, and now see ChandraMukhi is at top!

In short No publicity is needed for a rajni film and no publicity cud make a kamal film succesfull!

Baba was a flop agreed , but only for Rajnis standards! The movie still made money ! Infact was a top grosser of the year! This is precisely Super Star!

Vibin >

I think Vikram is talented but i think this is only the first phase of his career, he has time.... I think Anniyan is the litmus test! Vijay has the " Ithu namma allu look, and he isnt a bad actor either, hehast done any offbeat roles thats all.

Ajith is pathetic! He cant even deliver his dialogues with force...

Jacky
27th April 2005, 12:23 AM
"i am sure that he can open movies to full capacity audiences like his dhool and saamy."

Vj is successfully selling crap at regular intervals while for Vikram he was in crap mode with Arul and that bombed!
As an actor Vj isn't worth a penny.

Movies,
Vj is able to dish out better Masala movies and when Kamal does it (rarely) - he makes Money.
Vasool Raja was a hit while Madurai couldn't hold on.
ppl accept Vj's crap(thirupachi and co) but there's no space for Kamal's crap like aalavandhan.
:lol:

vibinrajmani
27th April 2005, 01:27 AM
On a couple of occasions when ajith is required to recite his dialogue forcefully, he failed miserably.

"naan hero illa, villain" ajith shrieked like a woman who was about to give birth

i am not sure how it goes but in "red" there will be a dilogue like this
"red ellarukkum oru theerupu solluvan, mazhai nikkarathukkule"

correct me if i am wrong

i hope he recites his dialogues in a manly fashion in "godfather"

kbee
27th April 2005, 01:40 AM
Kbhee..... what r u talking!

Rajni needs no publicity! The word Rajni itslef wud sail across seas and create hype and hoopla!

There are two things. One thing is to just blabber, the other thing is to know the statistics. I am giving the NJ CM statistics

1. Theatre they selected to release CM is too far from where Indian community live. Normally people dont go this theatre.
2. CM is released in many neighbouring states, unlike Baba where it was released in NJ only.
3. The population of Tamil community is lot less (atleast 30% less) than it was in 2002.

Inspite of that, the turnout for CM is more than double compared to Baba. Not because Baba is flop, but because

1. The ad was started 2 weeks ahead compared to Baba which started only 1 week ahead
2. Tickets were sold online, thus making sure that you get the ticket before you go to theatre - where as for Baba it was sold in 2 or 3 retail video stores only
3. There was no ONLINE ad for Baba but in case of CM everything is online.
4. People from NY also came to NJ,while there was a show running in NY itself, mainly because the Ad for NJ is probably the best I have seen for indian movies.

About Virumandi, we sold ticket online and the theare had a capacity of 1300 and it was packed for Friday night, saturday after noon and evening (close to 3500 tickets in 2 days). The opening for CM is same. Probably would have been better, but the theatre size was limited to less than 600.

Among others, Vikram is giving versatile roles and so does Surya. Rest of them are "AAI". They wanted to be Rajini, but they dont know that there is ONLY ONE RAJINI.

Movies
27th April 2005, 01:55 AM
VJ knows his target audience and he caters to them!

Kamal thinks he knows everything! He just shows off most of the time like a pathless teenager! I mean take for instance
alavandhan.. u have psychiatric Kamal , whos been i a assylum for 20 + years.... and guess what he speaks perfectly american flavoured accent english! Now isnt this Show off time!

Ironically, first time i hear VJ speak english in Sachin, atleast he stuck to his native accent!

Jacky
27th April 2005, 02:08 AM
Kamal might show off but he has the guts to face failures. Something that cannot be said about Rajni who believes in getting a webpage offline.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 02:09 AM
vj is just a bull-shit!! He is another pandiarajan in the making - with his eye balls popping out all the time!! U cant even compare VJ to Kamal!!

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 02:11 AM
the only problem with kamal is - as balachander rightly put during the virumandi audio cassette release - kamal tries to put everything he knows into one film - which is backfiring him!!

Movies
27th April 2005, 02:59 AM
Kamal is playing with money! thats a gamble anyone can afford to loose! and most of the time it isnt his money!

But in Rajnis case He has a HUGE reputation on-line! Now thats something no one cud dare gamble with!

Kamal has no other go , he cud only survie by being different and really act! Which is his fort.

But Rajni does not need to act with variation....... He does not need to act... Rajni just needs to Star in a film!

And most Importantly.... Rajni rarely encounters failures! But for kamal failure is like a bread on a sanwich.... its everyother film! Lately its been failure everyfilm!

Jacky
27th April 2005, 03:19 AM
"And most Importantly.... Rajni rarely encounters failures! But for kamal failure is like a bread on a sanwich.... its everyother film! Lately its been failure everyfilm!"

Cuz he acts once in 3 years. Sometimes it's 2 years, if he acts 2 films/year then his BO reputation will not be the same.

TISK
27th April 2005, 05:32 AM
!!!!! FRIENDLY WARNING NOTICE !!!!!!

THIS IS "CHANDRAMUKHI" THREAD!
TRESPASSERS WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH!
HAVE YOUR RAJINI vs KAMAL FIGHT ELSEWHERE!

"NALLA PIllAINGA THAANE NEENGA YELLAAM!
SAMATHTHAA VELIYE PoI VELAIYAADUVEENGALAAM !
CHOCLATE VAANGI THAAREN, SARIYAA!!"

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

kbee
27th April 2005, 08:34 AM
Makkalae

TISK sollaradha kelungappa. Kamal vikatanla ennadana naanum rajiniyum vaaram oru thadava phone pannippom, 3 maasaththukku oru thadava outting povomnellam solraru, nambalukkulla edukku prachchanai

AJITH AJITHAAN
ARR ARRTHAAN
DANUSH DANUSHTHAAN
IR IRTHAAN
KAMAL KAMALTHAAN
RAJINI RAJINITHAAN
SIMBU SIMBUTHAAN
SURYA SURYAATHAAN
VIJAY VIJAYTHAAN
VIKRAM VIKRAMTHAAN

order alphabetically.

AJITH VIJAY AAGAMUDIYAATHU
VIJAY AJITH AAGAMUDIYAATHU

ARR IR AAGAMUDIYAATHU
IR ARR AAGAMUDIYAATHU

DANUSH SIMBU AAGAMUDIYAATHU
SIMBU DANUSH AAGAMUDIYAATHU

KAMAL RAJINI AAGAMUDIYAATHU
RAJINI KAMAL AAGAMUDIYAATHU

SURYA VIKRAM AAGAMUDIYAATHU
VIKRAM SURYA AAGAMUDIYAATHU

idha nalla purinchavan paramanandha. illati premanandha.

Movies
27th April 2005, 09:06 AM
KBHEE

How could you leave Madhavan out of the list..... becareful he has alott gal fans... they raid u....
:lol:

kbee
27th April 2005, 10:04 AM
MAATAVAN MAATHAVANTHAAN
NAAN NAANTHAAN
NEE NEETHAAN
AVAN AVANTHAAN
ADHU ADHUTHAAN
AAI AAITHAAN

idha nalla purinchavan paramanandha. illati premanandha.

now lets leave this thread for Rajini fans to enjoy and discuss about the merits of CM.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 10:39 AM
kbee - u left Jay Akash ? :) -lol

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 02:34 PM
Chandramukhi has created history at the Chennai box-office! The film has taken 100 percent collections in its second weekend. In 11 days the film has netted Rs 84 Lakhs from eight Chennai screens, which means a distributors share of approximately Rs 55 Lakhs.

Sachein has not been able to hold on to its 92 percent first week opening and has fallen badly. Mumbai Xpress has derailed all over Tamil Nadu. Even at Sathyam Cinemas, where all Kamal films take bumper opening, collections are dropping day by day. Lucky continues with 50 percent collections and the new entrant this week is Hitch at number five.

Raghu
27th April 2005, 09:04 PM
Chandramukhi has created history at the Chennai box-office! The film has taken 100 percent collections in its second weekend. In 11 days the film has netted Rs 84 Lakhs from eight Chennai screens, which means a distributors share of approximately Rs 55 Lakhs.

Sachein has not been able to hold on to its 92 percent first week opening and has fallen badly. Mumbai Xpress has derailed all over Tamil Nadu. Even at Sathyam Cinemas, where all Kamal films take bumper opening, collections are dropping day by day. Lucky continues with 50 percent collections and the new entrant this week is Hitch at number five.

This was highly expected.

coucou
27th April 2005, 11:11 PM
chandramuki is number 1, it may be beat record of padayappa
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/specials/chandramukhi.html

Movies
28th April 2005, 06:41 AM
Guys Check out Sify !

Chandramukhi is rocking TN!

Sachin is second!

And As I have been saying MX is last!!!!

Sad part is that Kamal cant even hold the A centre audience!

VRDICT OF TFM :

Rajni PROVES! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vijays may be Next to rule! :banghead:

Kamal goes!:lol:

Raghu
28th April 2005, 02:58 PM
Guys Check out Sify !

Chandramukhi is rocking TN!

Sachin is second!

And As I have been saying MX is last!!!!

Sad part is that Kamal cant even hold the A centre audience!

VRDICT OF TFM :

Rajni PROVES! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vijays may be Next to rule! :banghead:

Kamal goes!:lol:

movies, but other websites, says MX is second and Sachin is third

coucou
28th April 2005, 04:08 PM
[tscii:4133bd9f6a]i agree with raghu
chandramukhi is n°1 , MX n°3 AND SHACHIN is OUT
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/specials/chandramukhi.html[/tscii:4133bd9f6a]

coucou
28th April 2005, 04:09 PM
[tscii:2a38abb577]MX n°2 sorry
[/tscii:2a38abb577]

Movies
28th April 2005, 07:17 PM
Jacky,what are the other websites?

I dont beleive other websites quote the actual money collected for all films do they?

Since it was presented in tables for all films I thought it was dealing with facts!

Indiaglitz also states CM to be first! but it says MX is second, but i beleive Indiaglitz talks about the US box office ....? It even gave contact ads!

But comeon guys isnt this what was expected? Well atleast this is what most in chennai expected!

Jacky
28th April 2005, 07:57 PM
I never posted any links.

Raghu
28th April 2005, 08:06 PM
Jacky,what are the other websites?

I dont beleive other websites quote the actual money collected for all films do they?

Since it was presented in tables for all films I thought it was dealing with facts!

Indiaglitz also states CM to be first! but it says MX is second, but i beleive Indiaglitz talks about the US box office ....? It even gave contact ads!

But comeon guys isnt this what was expected? Well atleast this is what most in chennai expected!

Movies, I said MX is 2nd place according sify or something, I can not rember, it is very sad , if VJ films do better than Kamal films, unless of course the story is good.

Kanna
28th April 2005, 08:21 PM
Raghu,
MX is in second place in all the web sites except Sify.
Heard that, u're going to act in a film. My advance congrats to you!!

:clap:

Raghu
28th April 2005, 08:27 PM
Raghu,
MX is in second place in all the web sites except Sify.
Heard that, u're going to act in a film. My advance congrats to you!!

:clap:

Thanks kanna, keep am eye on Misc section, Once the release date is confirmed, I will open a thread with all the info.

but I can send you some info through via email, as my poster is in Jpeg format,if you would like to please PM me, else not to worry pal, btw where did you hear about this? :?

Kanna
28th April 2005, 08:28 PM
Movies,

"Indiaglitz also states CM to be first! but it says MX is second, but i beleive Indiaglitz talks about the US box office ....? It even gave contact ads! "

If Indiaglitz were to post the rankings of the US site, then other films like Ram (i don't remember them), etc would not have featured in the list, since they are not released there.

Giving contact ads for the US is just an additional info. they are giving. I believe they do the exclusive abroad publicity for both CM and MX

Kanna
28th April 2005, 08:30 PM
"But comeon guys isnt this what was expected? Well atleast this is what most in chennai expected!"

Sure, considering NSC and Chennai are Rajini's fort

Kanna
28th April 2005, 08:43 PM
Raghu,

"btw where did you hear about this?"

Idha engalu (adhan Kamal) paanila sollanumna...

"Neenga dhanae sonneenga!!"

Raghu
28th April 2005, 08:57 PM
Kanna, Please check your email

Movies
28th April 2005, 09:21 PM
Kanna,

Rajnis fort extends from Japan, to India, to everywhere!

Raghu,

Congrats dude! Thats amazing! ALL THE BEST! If I am at Chennai when it releases, Take my word I will be there first day first show! All the best!

And sachin isnt a movie with grea t story, The first part is good, nice comedy that wud be liked by all, but second half bore! especially when Bipasha Basu comes in! I find harini more attractive than BIPS!

Raghu
28th April 2005, 09:36 PM
Raghu,

Congrats dude! Thats amazing! ALL THE BEST! If I am at Chennai when it releases, Take my word I will be there first day first show! All the best!

thanks dude, all wishes are highly appreciated :D

And sachin isnt a movie with grea t story, The first part is good, nice comedy that wud be liked by all, but second half bore! especially when Bipasha Basu comes in! I find harini more attractive than BIPS!

Hey who is making fun of Bips now :x :lol: , Bips looks Gorgeous in Bollywood films :P :P :P, many thinks that influences one's look is adequate lighting and camera angles, in terms of actors, if you take Super* for example, he looks good only in side angles, while kamal /Raghuvaran/Karthick and ME :lol: looks good in all angles, actresses wise Aish, Simms, Sridevi(after the nose re shaping), hema malini are absolute beauties in any angles :P :lol:

any way, sorry guys let's stick to the topic :oops:

Movies please check your PM, thanks

kbee
28th April 2005, 10:30 PM
Raghu

If you dont mind, please post some suggestion & experience in seperate topic for people who wanted to join movie industry.

Also, please let me know more about you (either PM or a public message so other can know more about you)

I am happy that some common man finally entering movies.
Good Luck.

One silly question, is your name Raghu in movie also?

Movies
1st May 2005, 06:17 AM
Guys

Check out SIFY article on the extent on Chandramukhi!

Just Shows Magnitude of Rajni!

Quite Obvious he is numero UNO!!!

Kamal is no where near!

thumburu
2nd May 2005, 01:12 PM
Movies, there is no need to broadcast the obvious. But novelty and qualitywise, Byke Otti has overtaken Pei Otti as commented by Kalki.
Now, coming to music of CM, Ra Ra is easily the best song and most of the credit goes to the MD of the Kannada version(Gurukiran??) .
Devuda Devuda resembles an Andhra folk song in praise of Lord of 7 hills.
Konja neram is good despite AB. But seems to be a rehash of some old IR song, esp the charanam ending has a humming which is ditto "kalai nera poonguil" song of "Amman koil Kizhakkaale". There is really nothing worthwhile in VS's efforts.

TISK
2nd May 2005, 10:47 PM
WHEREAS THE 'BIKE OTTI' HAS BEEN "OF LATE" MAKING PRODUCERS INTO PAUPERS, THE 'PEI OTTI' CONTINUES TO GET THE INDUSTRY THRIVE AROUND HIM AT EVRY ASPECT!
THAT'S WHAT IT COUNTS!

'KOOTTI KAZHICHCHUP PAARUNGA, KANAKKU SARIYAA VARUM!'
[NANRI: RADHARAVI IN 'MALAI...ANNAAMALAI'

TISK
2nd May 2005, 10:49 PM
'EVERY' NOT 'EVRY'--TYPO!

BTW, I REALLY LIKED KAMAL'S MAY DAY INTERVIEW IN SUN TV. REAL CLASS ACT!

Jacky
2nd May 2005, 11:27 PM
"THE 'PEI OTTI' CONTINUES TO GET THE INDUSTRY THRIVE AROUND HIM AT EVRY ASPECT! "

With Baba and Jaggubhai! Poor K.S.Ravikumar.

Movies
3rd May 2005, 12:39 AM
Thumburu!

>>>But novelty and qualitywise, Byke Otti has overtaken Pei Otti<<<

I am sorry but i just feel its an argument for the sake of it!
MX was an average comedy! Nothing new, nor any quality!

For the first time I think Rajni beat Kamal in novelty and quality and success. Despite CM being a remake it has novelty!

All the time Rajni only had success when he and kamal fought face to face! But this time Rajni neat kamal on everything!

For instance eventhough kamal was in a full fledged comedy, Rajni beat him at the comedy department as well!

I know People may not agree, but whos comedy are people at large laughing and roaring at the theaters? To Rajni in CM ofcourse! Rajni impressed all class! And comedy is something that shud make all class forget grief, and rajni has done it! Kamal hasnt proved by the fact that MX bombed at B and C, and partially surviived at the A centre!

Vaz
3rd May 2005, 12:53 AM
Guys just try to be impartial and criticise if need be... but don't praise blindly...

I'm myself a rajini fan but I won't praise him for whatever he is doing... Quality wise MX is way ahead and Kamal is an amazing actor. Rajini has chosen a more commercial path...

In Chandramukhi, why was there that stupid subplot with sheela (I think that's her name) and 'ummaiyan'... a complete waste. Why was there that scene with TPGajendran doing some introduction in a pityful way... There is a lot more...

In MX the romance part was completly artificial/avoidable. The movie could have been really funny had crazy mohan written the dialogues...

Anyway both are there to entertain you and they are not your kin! If Rajini has returned the money for baba's loss so what? If Kamal is making the "producers into paupers" so what?

Raghu
3rd May 2005, 12:58 AM
Thumburu!

All the time Rajni only had success when he and kamal fought face to face! But this time Rajni neat kamal on everything!

For instance eventhough kamal was in a full fledged comedy, Rajni beat him at the comedy department as well!

I know People may not agree, but whos comedy are people at large laughing and roaring at the theaters? To Rajni in CM ofcourse! Rajni impressed all class! And comedy is something that shud make all class forget grief, and rajni has done it! Kamal hasnt proved by the fact that MX bombed at B and C, and partially surviived at the A centre!

I agree with you completely, Rajni is by far better than Kaml in the comedy department, Kamal should stick to serious acting, regarding Kamal's comedy department, I find it terribly boring and he relies on dialogues to make you laugh, where else Rajni's awsome face expression is enough to bring the roof down, do any of you remember his englis comedy scenes and the scenes wuth snakes, you can not beat Rajni in the comedy or villainish department, the plus point in CM is Rajni as vetai Raja!!!

m_23_bayarea
3rd May 2005, 02:09 AM
The only way Kamal can ever think of taking over Rajini at the box-office is by coming up with movies like Indian, or Devar Magan, or Nayagan....He has to act in serious movies rather than stipid idotic ones like PKS, Pancha, or MX.... in the name of comedy.

thumburu
3rd May 2005, 12:17 PM
Movies, the "Rajini-Vadivelu" tragedy combo was "kumattal " at its best and beyond a point got very stale . ME comedy is not definitely high class but slapstick at its best.Well, we seem to differ in what makes a bettr comedy. So let us agree to disagree and leave it here.

Cinefan
3rd May 2005, 04:50 PM
Kamal is by far the best in comedy,it's not just Kamal fans who tell that,any one with a neutral attitude towards cinema would vouch for it.To say Rajni is better than Kamal in comedy is itself a comedy.Anyways,I don't want to start another Kamal Vs Rajni war here.The one going on in the tamil films thread is itself disgusting. Enough of digressions.Rajni fans can carry on praising the brilliant music of CM :D

kbee
3rd May 2005, 10:39 PM
Kalambittaangaiya Kalambittaanga. Rendu naal oorla illana rana kalam aayidume!

All Kamal Fans (including myself)

this is a forum dedicated for Rajini (sorry Rajni, since he changed his name last month due to numerology) fans to discuss about chandramukhi. Like TISK mentioned before, it is an opportunity for Rajni fans to talk about their lord after 2 and half years and let them enjoy. PLEASE Dont make this another RK (or KR) fight forum again.

stranger
3rd May 2005, 10:58 PM
*Kamal is by far the best in comedy,it's not just Kamal fans who tell that,any one with a neutral attitude towards cinema would vouch for it.

* To say Rajni is better than Kamal in comedy is itself a comedy.

* Anyways,I don't want to start another Kamal Vs Rajni war here.The one going on in the tamil films thread is itself disgusting. Enough of digressions.Rajni fans can carry on praising the brilliant music of CM :D

Unnai patri yaaru, ada enna sonnal enna,
Intha kaathil vaanki athai antha kaathil thallu

Meagam mithanthaalum, kaagam paaranthaalum,
Aakayamthaan azhukkaga aagathu ennnu sollu

Poo panthai yarum, neeril pothithaan veachalum,
Panthu varum thanni mealathaan

Ada unnai yarum ooram kaddithaan veachalum,
Thambi vaadaa panthu polathaan

Mounam pirai mella mella, vennilavai minuvathai,
Minminikal thaduthiduma

kbee
4th May 2005, 12:13 AM
Unnai patri yaaru, ada enna sonnal enna,
Intha kaathil vaanki athai antha kaathil thallu

Meagam mithanthaalum, kaagam paaranthaalum,
Aakayamthaan azhukkaga aagathu ennnu sollu

Poo panthai yarum, neeril pothithaan veachalum,
Panthu varum thanni mealathaan

Ada unnai yarum ooram kaddithaan veachalum,
Thambi vaadaa panthu polathaan

Mounam pirai mella mella, vennilavai minuvathai,
Minminikal thaduthiduma

WOW

TISK
4th May 2005, 09:23 AM
adhu vera oNNum illai, Dhevuda paattu varikal thaan!
Great selection, Stranger!

Cinefan
4th May 2005, 11:22 AM
The same'varigal' will be applicable to Kamal too :lol: .

Anyway,naa inge inime varaleppa.Rajni fans ENJOY :D

kbee
4th May 2005, 04:22 PM
The same'varigal' will be applicable to Kamal too
Cinefan, ada udunga sir. Ungalukkuthaan "Kalakka povathu yaaru" irukke 8)

TISK
4th May 2005, 07:06 PM
Chennai weekend box-office (April 29 to May 1)

Chandramukhi in its third week, still manages amazing 92 percent collections with slightly lower ticket rates. Karan Johar- Sharukh Khan produced Kaal has collected Rs 9,43,540 in its opening weekend from three Chennai screens.

At number three is XXX-2 which had a worldwide opening with Chennai. The big surprise is hat Mumbai Xpress staged a comeback at number four, thanks to Satyam theatre collections and Vijay's "Sachein" has dropped to number five.

KEEP GOING CM!!!

kbee
4th May 2005, 07:30 PM
The big surprise is hat Mumbai Xpress staged a comeback at number four
TISK vamba velaikku vaangareenga.

app_engine
4th May 2005, 07:44 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=181591&disdate=5/4/2005

idhu eppadi irukku?

stranger
4th May 2005, 07:53 PM
The same'varigal' will be applicable to Kamal too :lol: .

Anyway,naa inge inime varaleppa.Rajni fans ENJOY :D

AmA, ithu enna cine(KH)fanOda "99-vathu" digression-A with an "apology" and criticism of course?! :lol:

As long as you "apologize" for that, it is okay, right?! :)

Nice unique "lame-excuse" strategy, cinefan. keep it up! :lol2:
------------------------

of course we do KNOW how to ENJOY!

ippudu soodu!

aNNanoda paatu Attam pOdudA
akkaraiyA kEttA artham nooRudA

Podu sakkai podu podu pootaa alanthu poduda
Nerthu kartil odi pOchu indRE vaazhnthu paarudA

TISK
4th May 2005, 10:43 PM
aiyaiyo! saami! Kbee, naan just 'copy&paste' thaan paNNinen, from Sify.com!
I didnt add anything!
Sorry!

kbee
4th May 2005, 10:54 PM
aiyaiyo! saami! Kbee, naan just 'copy&paste' thaan paNNinen, from Sify.com!
I didnt add anything!
Sorry!
ippa saamiya edukku ezhukkureenga. rajasaranam brahminical forum thittuvaar. btw sifykku $20 koduththa enna venallum poduvaanga.

MumbaiRamki
4th May 2005, 11:44 PM
The big surprise is hat Mumbai Xpress staged a comeback at number four
TISK vamba velaikku vaangareenga.

Kbee sir ,

TISK sir ku
'Vamba vilaiku vangum vayasu ' ...

Commenting on the CM vs MX ,definetely CM is far ahead of MX in collection ..But having said that it also needs a mention that Exhibitors of Chandramukhi are having loses as the Minimum Guarantee paid was much more than for MX ...

But DIstributors minted money for CM ..

stranger
5th May 2005, 12:00 AM
Exhibitors of Chandramukhi are having loses as the Minimum Guarantee paid was much more than for MX ...

And the source for your statement is ??? :?

CM is an average movie. But nobody knows why it does that well in BO
including Kerala and Malaysia and in the USA!!!

I do not see the exhibitors losing money unless u quote the reliable source supporting your statement.

Thank you! :)

----------------------

Malaysia Box Office Top Ten:
21 April 2005 - 27 April 2005
Chandramukhi
The Pacifier
Cinta Fotokopi
Sahara
Guess Who
Sachin
Mumbai Xpress
The Jacket
Samara
Coach Carter

---------------------------

Chandrmukhi is still running in NJ but not MX

Searched for > NJ
All Movies for the selected location. Click on movie to get showtimes.
Kaal Waqt Night of Henna Chandramukhi (T)

http://www.nowrunning.com/SearchMovies.asp?region=USA

----------------

Sify and all the sources tell it is the #1 in A B and C centers, undoubtedly, UNTIL TODAY in TAMIL NADU.

--------------

puyal
5th May 2005, 01:09 AM
Check out this website for the top hit of this tamil new year movies...
http://www.webulagam.com/cinema/

Raj

puyal
5th May 2005, 01:28 AM
Check out the Rajini's next movie news/possibilities...
http://www.behindwoods.com/News/4-5-05/rajini_next.htm

kbee
5th May 2005, 02:05 AM
[quote] Chandrmukhi is still running in NJ but not MX

I completely agree that CM gave lot of profit to exhibitors. No question about that.

TISK
5th May 2005, 02:16 AM
Read somewhere that VeRRi theater in Chrompet earned the dubious distinction of a single day maximum collection in the whole of India on the 1st day of CM!
What I mean to say is that theater owners always know on how to make money on a given movie and they just sell 10 or 15 tickets and sell the rest in black by their own people and make money. So, to say, that theaters lost money on CM is a wasted argument!
EVERYBODY MADE AND ARE MAKING MONEY STILL ON CM!

puyal
5th May 2005, 03:26 AM
Well, the positions of tamil new year releases are in the following positions
1) CM
2) hindi movie
3) xxx2
4) MX
5) sachin

Prediction: CM will be number 1 in collections for atleast next four weeks... (Note: It is only my prediction)

puyal
5th May 2005, 04:31 AM
the link corresponding to the above info. is here
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13732758

stranger
5th May 2005, 04:32 AM
I completely agree that CM gave lot of profit to exhibitors. No question about that.
Good! That is the only point I am trying to make here and, wanted to bring to the attention of "bombay-ramki" :)

Raghu
5th May 2005, 05:07 PM
Kbee

Have you replied to my PM regarding my film.

Stranger

It is well known fact the CM is far ahead of MX & Sachin interms of collections wise

Raghu
5th May 2005, 05:12 PM
Kbee

Have you replied to my PM regarding my film.

Stranger

It is well known fact the CM is far ahead of MX & Sachin interms of collections wise

app_engine
5th May 2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=181733&disdate=5/5/2005

Reply to Anbumani (PMK minister) by Rajinikanth:-)

TISK
5th May 2005, 09:57 PM
Read this interesting one!!

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/kannada/fullstory.php?id=13732638

app_engine
5th May 2005, 10:33 PM
Good one, TISK, thalai vali thanakku vandhAl thAn puriyum...some of the most popular VS numbers have been copied ones...and it's funny that he filed a suit against someone...

MumbaiRamki
5th May 2005, 11:52 PM
I heard both the music ...

I feel both the versions are good ,the tamizh version is definetely inspired heavily !!

But case on the court - It will definetely lose !

MumbaiRamki
5th May 2005, 11:54 PM
app_engine

A lot of them( atleast i know 3-4 ) ,but u can't blame VS ..Most of the instances the composers are forced to do that ..Very few like IR ,ARR have the right to reject such suggestions ....

A composer like Vidyasagar and working for rajni 's film - impossible to say NO ....

stranger
6th May 2005, 12:03 AM
What is original Creativity?! I think it is very debatable today.

If you steal from your "neighborhood", you will be labelled as a "THIEF".

But if you lift from "Hollywood" or from a "western album" you will be labelled as a "genius" rather!

Today "defining original creativity" is as complicated as "understanding quantum mechanics" ! :)

kbee
6th May 2005, 12:23 AM
Today "defining original creativity" is as complicated as "understanding quantum mechanics" ! :)
I understand the later better! :lol:

MumbaiRamki
6th May 2005, 12:31 AM
My info of CM making some loses ,is from Kamal Yahoo groups ..

Before you jump into conclusions ,these guys are not those guys who sit and make intelligent prdictions ..These guys have extensive network across Tamil Nadu with Distributors /Exhibitors ..

Thye do recognise that Mx has made loses - Please don't start a fight here ..If u don't beleive in this ,its very much fine ....

You need to know the minimum gurantee paid of chandramukhi is much much higher than Mx and hence the loses ....

Again this does not mean all teh exhiibitors have made loses !

puyal
6th May 2005, 01:12 AM
Hi Friends,

Can anyone of you provide us with the translation of song "Raa Raa Sarasukku Raa Raa, Raa Raa Chinthukku Cheera..." in tamil please?

Thanx
Raj

stranger
6th May 2005, 01:28 AM
My info of CM making some loses ,is from Kamal Yahoo groups ..

Again this does not mean all teh exhiibitors have made loses !

Okay, agreed! :)

Kanna
6th May 2005, 02:40 PM
MumbaiRamki,
I'm also from the same Kamalfan group. They were very neutral in telling the facts about BO of both MX and CM.

MumbaiRamki
6th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Kanna ,
U are right :)
There was a series of articles written on Kollywoord producers VS DIstributors VS exhibitors by MR.Kannan Swamy of Kamal Yahoogroups .
Let me know if anybody needs that ...

stranger
6th May 2005, 07:27 PM
mumbai ramki:

Yahoo group discussion should have "SOME BACK REFERENCES" cited in it". If I were you, I would have quoted them to strenghthen the statement.

Even if "Yahoo Kamal group" is filled with "Arichandrans", it aint considered as a reliable source to defend your statement.

Of course I "agreed" with you to close the "argument".

Now I bring up again because YOU TALK as if you cited a publication which has been reviewed by committee of judges.

Please highlight the "back refeneces cited in the discussion", if you could?

Thank you! :)

---------
I have nothing against the facts! :)

MumbaiRamki
8th May 2005, 02:53 AM
stranger ,

As far as i have known few members in Kamal Yahoo Groups ( like Kannan Swamy ) claim to have extensive network for checking out the collections and stuff like that -So far they have been honest enough to admit which one of the Kamal's movies were a hit and which ones were a flop ..It is impossible for me to verify their facts - the very fact that they admit that some movie sof kamal were flops it self is a reasonable ground to belive them ..Infact the FIR for MX was that it is a disaster ,later it picked up a bit in chennai ,banglore and in Mumbai ...

They do not quote from any indiafm or any tamilcinema or stuff like that -thats all i know .

Movies
8th May 2005, 05:50 AM
You guys saying CM had some losses is pure arrogance and ofcourse manic!

Check out www.tamilcinema.com

YThey have an article about Rajnis next plans, and it states the CM is a bigger hit tha Padayappa. And now Pdayappa is by no means a small film, infact if u put only Kamls hit films in the past decade and half, these collections wont beat padayappa! So by virtue of implications, MX cant be compared to CM for whatever reasons!

FACE IT! Kamal means utter DISASTER!

TISK
8th May 2005, 07:41 AM
Please stop this nonsense, Mr.'Movies'. Please dont incite the Kamal fans. In what way a hit Rajni movie, a negative for Kamal and vice versa?
After all, Rajni is just doing one movie in 2 years nowadays whereas Kamalis still 'acting' on par with other younger heroes and is still a threat to many of these folks.
Kamal is a great actor and let's just leave it at that anfdd just gloat over this great show by our SS Rajni.
'late-aa vandhaalum latest-aa varuvEn-nnu sonnadhai prove paNNittaaru!
Leave Kamal alone, please! and concentrate on SS only!
Thanks.
Hope you take this in the right spirit!

Movies
8th May 2005, 08:15 AM
Mr. TISK,

I agree 100% percent with you!

Rajni and Kamal are 2 gems of tamil film! Truly!

But if you did realise, itwas certain people who got weary of rajni's CM successs!

But Indeed , We should stop all this Rajni vs Kamal and soley talk about CHANDRAMUKHI the movie and music!

Movies
8th May 2005, 12:37 PM
[tscii:43bf568709]Read this article! Latest on Sify!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13736924

Now ill jus Ctrl V the last para >>>

We at Sify.com salute Mr Rajnikanth the ultimate superstar. His worldwide charisma and reach is truly phenomenal. Rajni sir – you are the Emperor of Tamil cinema

<<<<<<

LOL!

This a slap in the face for anyone who thought CM had incured some loss at some places! Guys go kick ur self!

LOL!

Super Stara Kokka!

[/tscii:43bf568709]

Arjuna
8th May 2005, 12:56 PM
[tscii:bacdcbe72a]Chandramukhi is turning out to be bigger than Padayappa or Baasha, in terms of box-office collections! All existing box-office records are being swept away by the Chandramukhi tsunami wave at turnstiles. It has become the favourite summer outing among families all over Tamilnadu and there is a repeat audience for the film.

This clearly indicates the final verdict that Chandramukhi is a blockbuster of gargantuan propositions. In Chennai city (in 21 days) the film has collected a distributors share Rs 1.27 Crore and is all set to break the Padayappa record of Rs 1.45 Crore! According to a trade analyst, the film may garner Rs 2.25 to Rs 2.50 Crore from Chennai city alone in the long run, making it the highest collecting film in history!

In Kovai territory, comprising Erode, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Nilgiris and Pollachi on 24 prints, Chandramukhi collected Rs 2.36 Crore in 21 days and may become the first ever film to cross the magic Rs 3 Crore figure from this area in the long run. In Tamilnadu’s biggest territory the NSC area (North Arcot, South Arcot and Chengalpettu) the film is likely to get a distributors share of Rs 8 Crore! And down south in TK area (Tirunelveli- Kanyakumari) the collections are likely to be Rs 1.50 Crore twice of what Padayappa did!

If one were to go by these figures, then Chandramukhi will do business worth Rs 22.5 Crore from theatrical rights in Tamilnadu. The normal practice in film trade is to calculate the box-office takings of a mega blockbuster is to multiply the Chennai city distributors share by 2.5 = Tamilnadu distributors share. And if family and repeat audience continue to support the film till the schools reopen (June 1) and there after if collections don’t drop drastically and average around 50 percent , then Chandramukhi may do theatrical business worth Rs 25 Crore from Tamilnadu.

In Bangalore, Rajnikanth’s home town Chandramukhi will do Rs 1.50 Crore and from rest of Karnataka another Rs 1.50 Crore making it Rs 3 Crore. From Kerala the film is likely to make a distributors share of Rs 1.50 Crore. In Andhra also the Telugu dubbed version of the film is a super hit and is poised to make around Rs 8 Crore! And in other North Indian belts like Mumbai, Pune, Belguam, Ahmedabad, Ranchi and Delhi it has a potential to collect Rs 50 Crore mainly from multiplexes.

Overseas also Chandramukhi is a big hit especially in Malaysia, UAE, US and as per trade buzz, the film will be the first Tamil movie to do business over $ 1 Million (Rs 4.3 Crore). It is expected to do Rs 7 Crore overseas including DVD and local TV rights.

So the bottom line is that Chandramukhi has the potential to do business worth Rs 45 Crore worldwide with almost 60 percent coming from Tamilnadu theatrical rights alone. It is truly amazing that a Tamil film could do such bumper business worth $ 10 Million!

We at Sify.com salute Mr Rajnikanth the ultimate superstar. His worldwide charisma and reach is truly phenomenal. Rajni sir – you are the Emperor of Tamil cinema

[/tscii:bacdcbe72a]

TISK
8th May 2005, 10:30 PM
And... we too.... salute you.... dear Rajni!!!

stranger
9th May 2005, 08:57 PM
I am sorry movies, I dont worry about MX. How does it matter to us whether it is hit or not?

I dont believe sify's extensive analysis.

However, In Andhra Chandrmukhi is picking up from third week onwards. Telugu people are literally crying because a dubbed version in the TOP of Andhra box-office!

Check out!

telugucinema.com

my-telugu.com

I wll give few more links later. It is prety consistent. "Dubbed" CM beat bunny and scb at the box-office in Andhra! :thumbsup:

stranger
9th May 2005, 09:55 PM
[tscii:18d61398f8]RAJNI's Chandramukhi picks up! :)

Bad and wrong strategy by our big heroes helped a dubbed movie in big way. Rajanikant’s Chandramukhi, which was struggling to find audience a week back, has finally shot to top stage, thanks to our inept films. The film is now doing roaring business as the summer holidays are in and students and family audiences are thronging to the theatres, Chandramukhi has emerged the winner, pushing Allu Arjun’s Bunny down.

It is now considered a hit in Andhra Pradesh too. In Nizam, the film is running in more than 50 theatres with almost 90% of ticket sales every day. In Andhra, particularly in Vizag and Godavari area its position is not that rosy.

The major factors that helped Chandramukhi getting revenues is lack of competition from Telugu films as Venky’s Subash Chandra Bose became a disaster and no big star film is there to compete.

Chandramukhi has got bad talk initially as the film’s content lacks ‘enough commercial material’ but with Bunny collecting average gross, it started picking up patronage of ladies. And in turn, the film rose from an average grocer to hit film. Delay in release of top stars movies this summer also helped the movie.

Meanwhile, Allu Arjun’s Bunny is struggling to stand in the race now. Although, it has slipped to second place it is still draws good collections in Hyderabad.
[/tscii:18d61398f8]

Telugu Movies
Telugu Movie News
Rajnikanth back to Telugu cinema
Sunday, May 8, 2005 | JJ
Tamil cinema Superstar Rajnikanth has staged a comeback with a super hit on the Telugu screen with his new release "Chandramukhi" which tops this fortnight's list. Charisma also helped for the film's success. The film has better future with better publicity.

stranger
10th May 2005, 12:07 AM
News
May 6, 2005

Chandramukhi wrecks new releases in Andhra!!

*Superstar Rajnikanth has staged a comeback not only in Tamil cinema but on the Telugu screen too.

His Chandramukhi tops this fortnight's list.

1. Chandramukhi After the disaster 揃aba? Rajnikanth has come out with a super hit. Besides Rajni's charisma, the novelty of the plot has also helped the film's success. Better publicity can improve its prospects further.

2. 揝ubhas Chandra Bose? Venkatesh's maiden patriotic film has had a great opening, but it is beginning to prove a letdown. The contrived plot and the pedestrian narration of K. Raghavendra Rao are putting audiences off.
3. 揃unny? After a good opening, Allu Arjun's anger-driven film is losing its sheen at many centres. It did attract the youth initially, but an overdose of action is keeping family audiences away.
4. 揌ungamma? Director S.V. Krishna Reddy's slapstick comedy lacks enough meat to carry it through. Comedians Venu Madhav and Ali, in the lead roles, try to salvage the moronic plot but Reddy's dream of recreating the magic of 揧amaleela?will not materialize.
5. 揗r Errababu? The lean trot of young actor Sivaji continues since his new release is just a rehash of flop 揃hadradri Ramudu?with a few minor changes. Despite the lavish London sequence, the love story has little appeal. New releases will push the film down further.

http://www.filmchamber.com/tmpl.asp?it=nwmay6a

TISK
10th May 2005, 07:01 AM
"nEnu salute chesthaanu... rajni!"

:-) :-) :-)

TISK
10th May 2005, 07:29 PM
Chennai weekend box-office (May 6 to 8)

Tuesday, 10 May , 2005, 18:03

Chandramukhi continues its octopus like grip over Chennai box-office, with a fourth weekend average of an amazing 92 percent! Way below at number two with about 50 percent collection is XXX-2 followed by Mumbai Xpress thanks to the huge Sathyam theatre collections manages to hold on at number three position.

Raghu
10th May 2005, 08:30 PM
Chennai weekend box-office (May 6 to 8)

Tuesday, 10 May , 2005, 18:03

Chandramukhi continues its octopus like grip over Chennai box-office, with a fourth weekend average of an amazing 92 percent! Way below at number two with about 50 percent collection is XXX-2 followed by Mumbai Xpress thanks to the huge Sathyam theatre collections manages to hold on at number three position.

Lakalakalakalaklakalak RepeatU :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

MumbaiRamki
12th May 2005, 10:55 AM
Rememeber that Tirupachi was purchased for Rs 1 Crore for the same area. It did better business than Ghillli and has crossed the Rs 2 Crore figure!

Nobody except Sify can give such an statement !!!!!

CM is a big success ,but i doubt on the figures posted by sify !!!

Movies
12th May 2005, 11:08 AM
Mumbai Ramki;

You are just jealous!

Sour grapes thats all its for!

I think SIFY is right for one obvious reason. Its calculations are based on the box office, and box office pertains to chennai . And sify says the other figures are an estimate based on CM success in and around chennai.

And Sify has correctly pointed out Rajnis strongholds such as NSC and Trichi areas. Im from Tirunelveli and the figures it Quotes for that area are very logical considering previous movies with great collection.

LAKAKAKALALALAKAA...RAJNI RULZ!

MumbaiRamki
12th May 2005, 06:41 PM
Movies,

My opinion regarding sify is same whether it is a Kamal or Rajni Film !! I have also pointed out MX did make some loses in NSC market .

Refer indiafm.com and u will see how authentic they are !!They show the figures in each and every theater in Mumbai !!!

How wld you belive that Tirupachi was a better hit than Gilli in some areas ?Is this anyway believable ?

As i have mentioned above ,CM is a big success ,but it is only the figures they quote i doubt :)

Movies
12th May 2005, 10:10 PM
"MX made some loss in some area?">>>

MX was a loss everywhere! Sathyam probably was the only saving grace, but Sathyam is always running to packed houses!

Mumbai R u in chennai? Somewhere in Tamil Nadu? If u were I am sure you would know the extent of CM's success!

Sify did say its an estimate! It never claims it a fact!

Hey, If a Rajni movie cant make that much money no other movie can!

In tamil Nadu making a big budget movie exceedinbg 20 crores is always a deficit! Unless its a multi lingual such as Indian. Thats one reason why people stopped makin big budget movies!

And Yes vijay has a crazy fan following! Havent u seen crazy people flank theaters for a vijay movie? I know people who watched Tirupathchi a couple times! And I saw tirupatchi , its one big stupid movie!

MumbaiRamki
12th May 2005, 10:48 PM
Mx did not go well ,but teh Minimu Gurantee for it is much less than CM - In that way what i said was is true .

TISK
13th May 2005, 02:16 AM
One more flower in the garland of CM!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13739773

'Rajni-nnaa Rajni-thaan'!!

Movies
13th May 2005, 11:25 AM
Mumbai Ramki, U need to understand,

All films dont get minimum Guarantee! Only films theater people think will earn them for sure they go for MG!

Till a few years ago only Rajni got Minimum Guarantee and at that time Kamal also did!

Now lately its been Rajni and all Vijay movies!

Kamal hasnt been getting MG since heyram! I think virumandi bagged MG in some major places thats all!

Now grow outta ur dream!

njv
13th May 2005, 07:16 PM
when i read this whole thread one thing is clear "kinattrukkul thavalai"

common guys think outside the box and think big. even rajni came out of the usual box and did somethign different in cm.

i dont know how long this KH-RK fight will go on. they are going to retire in 2 to 3 years and no one will remember Rajni and Kamal will have nothing but few places where his name is engraved (may get few life time achievement award after his death) and people will go on in their lives. why fight huh?

MumbaiRamki
13th May 2005, 08:06 PM
Movie Sir ,

MG is the minimum Guarantee that a Theater Owner pays to the distributor and the Distributor pays to the Producer .These are very intresting models .We have a very beautiful article on that by Kannan Swamy of Kamal Yahoogroups .If you want that ,i can send it to you .

Virumandi ,Vasool raja both met MG easily - as per Kamal Yahoogroups

Raghu
13th May 2005, 08:27 PM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=chandramukhi13.txt

Raghu
13th May 2005, 08:27 PM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=chandramukhi13.txt

Kanna
13th May 2005, 08:56 PM
Movies,

I think virumandi bagged MG in some major places thats all!

Are u in TN or what? Don't think you know everything and write. Don't be biased against Kamal. How come you have easily missed out VR MBBS???

Movies
13th May 2005, 10:41 PM
To Kanna,

Agrred! I dont know anything!

Ofcourse, how could I know everything when I speak the truth that Kamal's Movies have been a total disaster at the box office!

Guys, I wanna make it clear , this is what i say of Kamal;

He is a great Actor NO DOUBT! but the fact is Kamal has been trying to show HE only knows! and as a result of that belif he has been messing up his movies! Vasool Raja was a average grosser Thats it! It failed anywhere apart from the cities! And I would say Kamal ruined the whole fun Munna bhai had , because Kamal dominated Prabhu " Circuit"!

Now as vetayadu Velayadu is strating, in papers we are hearing news that kamal has changed the script and medled with the story once again!

NJV,

I agree, Lets jus talk about Rajni and CM success! After all i assume that snicwe kamal cant make a hit , his fans jus make noise so people MAY go and watch his future movies!

Kumanan
13th May 2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/IMAGES/naiyandi/naiyandi12.jpg

நக்கலகலகல! :D

Movies
14th May 2005, 12:08 PM
Oh and guys to prove my point VJ isnt a joke at the Box office!

And need i restate the fact that Kamla has dropped below VJ!
Interms of success that is!

Here is the link for u guys :

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/13052005-3.shtml

Kanna
16th May 2005, 06:54 PM
Movies,

He is a great Actor NO DOUBT! but the fact is Kamal has been trying to show HE only knows

Adhu dhan truth nu ellarukumae theriyum!!

Now as vetayadu Velayadu is strating, in papers we are hearing news that kamal has changed the script and medled with the story once again!

Arambichitangayya! arambichitangayya!! Innum Kamal-a follow panni, avaru eppadi toilet poraranu dhan news podala!!!

Raghu
16th May 2005, 08:01 PM
Athinthom by Dr.SPB is excellent, but the drum beats & Thabla are a heavy inspiration from Dr.IR's Karakaatakaran (Maan Guyile Poonguyile) beats!

Ra Ra is excellent

Devuda is an average tune, highly enchanced by Dr.SPB's voice and with bhangra like interludes

Konja neram, Asha Bonsle was once a great singer, but her aged voice shows, Madhu Balakrishnan reminds of 70's Dr.KJY, his voice suits Superb *, but Dr.SPB is the ultimate voice for Superb *

lakalakalakalkalakal RepeatU

Kanna
16th May 2005, 09:13 PM
Raghu,

Konja neram, Asha Bonsle was once a great singer

True! Asha killed that otherwise beautiful melodious number :huh:

Movies
16th May 2005, 09:14 PM
Kanna,

Take my word, kamla is the one who goes nude for publicity, that shows how desperate he needs people to look at his lame, occasionaly steroid enhanced body!

And he doesnt know jack besides acting is the truth!
What the hell , he fakes his accent! how lower can a person stoop for an identity!

Kanna
16th May 2005, 10:00 PM
Movies,

And he doesnt know jack besides acting is the truth!

I was tensed a bit in my official work. Your (false) statement made me laugh like hell and still I could not resist it. God, my eyes are filled with water!!!!

Thanks a million mate!!

:rotfl:

njv
16th May 2005, 11:06 PM
Kanna, dont waste your time here. Let these ppl enjoy praising poor quality

Movies
16th May 2005, 11:56 PM
Ok, kanna,

Kamal thinks he cud sing, well he isnt good at it!
he thinks he cud direct.... hes flopped in all of them! and in In hey ram he needed a creaticve to write off his script!

But Nevertheless we Like Kamal only for the great actor he is ! He would make more fans if he just stops goofing with other things!

Jacky
17th May 2005, 12:39 AM
Rajni thought he could save Tamil people but he saved himself by getting his neighbour's blessings.
Rajni aspired to start a political party but it seems he isn't good at it either
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/16052005-6.shtml
:rotfl:

njv
17th May 2005, 09:33 AM
Ok, kanna,

Kamal thinks he cud sing, well he isnt good at it!
he thinks he cud direct.... hes flopped in all of them! and in In hey ram he needed a creaticve to write off his script!

But Nevertheless we Like Kamal only for the great actor he is ! He would make more fans if he just stops goofing with other things!
Movies if CM is your god and Rajni is the man then be it, but do respect Kamalji. Even KJY praised kamalji's voice and as far as the direction goes, Hey Ram and Virumaandi are some of the movies where no other person in India can even dream about it. Your brain is totally washed out watching too many junk movies. Get some life.

Kanna
17th May 2005, 07:22 PM
njv,

Even KJY praised kamalji's voice

I remember a Kumudam article which reported Y G Mahendra calling up KJY to congratulate the rendition of "Sundari neeyum" song. He was shocked to get the reply that it was by Kamal!!

app_engine
17th May 2005, 08:17 PM
Kanna, I don't think YGM is so dumb...in fact, he is very brilliant...

Kanna
17th May 2005, 08:32 PM
app engine,
It was said by YGM himself in that short article. Yes, he's so brilliant that even a brilliant can't distinguish between Kamal and KJY. That's the brilliance of Kamal's voice!

Raghu
17th May 2005, 08:48 PM
Can you all Discuss about kamal & his Fanatism some where else please, I tried to stick to the topic, but in every Rajni thread Kamal is always dragged into why?

stick to the damn topic, if TFM section is spoilt by kamal subjects, this thread too!

Where are you admin?

kateangels
17th May 2005, 08:56 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1112512.cms?headline=SRK,~Big~B~bow~down~to~Rajnik anth

Raghu
17th May 2005, 09:02 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1112512.cms?headline=SRK,~Big~B~bow~down~to~Rajnik anth

Lakalakalakala repeatU

njv
17th May 2005, 09:56 PM
Whenever / where ever evil forces comes in, a new god araises. Likewise, there are so many evil movies that spoilt TFM and Kamal is a god and saver. Raghu you cant avoid Kamal being talked in every corner of TFM. Its the destiny.

Movies
18th May 2005, 03:43 AM
NJV.

Well by passing out baseless degrading comments about me, sdoesnt prove KAMAL is good at everything he does!
It jus proves your anger at me!
And When and Where has Kamal been appreciated by KJY?

And what r u criteria for saying Hey Ram and Virumandi were great movies?

Hey cudnt hamper a national award for Kamal!
Virumandi was obviuosly not an originial script! and it bombed!
Anyone can make non commercial films, but the need to be HIT.
HAHAHA! and Jus because i dont like Kanmals attitude and like Rajni doenst mean i only watch masala movies! It jus means ull lick whatever kamal shows u!

Learn to be understanding and use ur brains, if u gopt them!

I agree BABA was a Rajni washout! And you guys agree that Kamal is a washout recently!

NJV ur pathetic and grow up, quit insulting us, and learn to critize with a reason!

Movies
18th May 2005, 03:45 AM
AND GUYS,

Like all knowledgeable ones predictred Rajni is the KING of Indian Cinema! Proof is that times of India article!

Now what r u guys gonna say, TOI is a crappy news paper?

Rajni RULZ!

LAKAKALAAKKA!

Cinefan
18th May 2005, 12:39 PM

Hey cudnt hamper a national award for Kamal

Hey ram won 4 national awards&Gautham Ghosh who was the chairman of jury that year is on record saying that it was the best film on display&deserved more awards but the rest of the jury members did not think so&he was helpless.I have never heard anyone say a Rajni film deserved a national award. :lol:

Arjuna
18th May 2005, 03:29 PM
cinefan - baba deserved a national award!! It shuld have gone on for an oscar too!! Classic movie - One of the greatest movie ever made in the Indian Cinema!! Unfortunately ppl were used to see junk - they culdnt understand this one!!

njv
18th May 2005, 03:30 PM

Enna chinna pilla thanama pesareenga.

njv
18th May 2005, 03:32 PM
cinefan - baba deserved a national award!! It shuld have gone on for an oscar too!! Classic movie - One of the greatest movie ever made in the Indian Cinema!! Unfortunately ppl were used to see junk - they culdnt understand this one!!
I completely Agree. here atleast teh story is Rajni's, the rest of the movies, its someone else asking rajni to come with beedi. :lol:

akumar
19th May 2005, 06:42 AM
Chandramukhi, the movie of the year is back in New Jersey

Coming again in Cine Plaza, North Bergen, New Jersey

A must see movie in Theater...

Affordable ticket price - Adults $8 Kids $5

With English subtitle!

Cast: Rajinikanth, Prabhu, Jyothika, Nayanthara, Malavika, Vadivelu
Music: Vidyasagar
Direction: P.Vasu

Show Times:
Fri, May 20th 6:30, 10:00 PM
Sat, May 21st 3:00, 6:30, 10:00 PM
Sun, May 22nd 2:00, 5:30, 9:00 PM
Mon, May 23rd 8:00 PM
Tue, May 24th 8:00 PM
Wed, May 25th 8:00 PM
Thu, May 26th 8:00 PM

Theater :
Cine Plaza
2115 69th Street,
Under Path Mark Food Store,
North Bergen, NJ 07047
Phone: 201-453-2217

Viewers Comment about watching CM in NJ:

It was watching the movie as if in Tamil Nadu
http://www.kumudam.com/kumudam/160505/pg3.php

Watching CM in NJ was a great experience...
http://rajinifans.com/CM_Theater/USA.asp -

Catch the fun again...

* with English subtitle
* DTS Sound System
* Excellent parking facility
* For more information about the screening and latest updates visit
http://www.elite-vision.com or email us at info@elite-vision.com

TISK
19th May 2005, 08:25 AM
Here it goes! The same story! Going strong !

Chennai weekend box office (May13-15)

Wednesday, 18 May , 2005, 11:57

Chandramukhi is steady as a rock at the Chennai box-office and continues to garner about 80 percent collections during weekdays and 100 percent on weekends. This is phenomenal.

K.V.Anand's Kana Kandein has taken 85 percent opening in Chennai city and the word of mouth for the film is encouraging. It is Srikanth's best ever opening.

House of Wax is at number three and a Telugu film Bhadra is at number four. Sachin is at number five.

Film Cast Pluses Minuses Trade fact

Chandramukhi Rajnikanth, Prabhu, Jyothika, Nayantara Plus point:Superstar,
Minuses:No comments,
100 percent collections in its second weekend.

A super hit.

TISK
19th May 2005, 08:28 AM
Here it goes! The same story! Going strong !

Chennai weekend box office (May13-15)

Wednesday, 18 May , 2005, 11:57

Chandramukhi is steady as a rock at the Chennai box-office and continues to garner about 80 percent collections during weekdays and 100 percent on weekends. This is phenomenal.

K.V.Anand's Kana Kandein has taken 85 percent opening in Chennai city and the word of mouth for the film is encouraging. It is Srikanth's best ever opening.

House of Wax is at number three and a Telugu film Bhadra is at number four. Sachin is at number five.

Film Cast Pluses Minuses Trade fact

Chandramukhi Rajnikanth, Prabhu, Jyothika, Nayantara Plus point:Superstar,
Minuses:No comments,
100 percent collections in its second weekend.

A super hit.

Movies
19th May 2005, 10:37 AM
This is SAD!

Kamal is gettin whipped at the box office even by VIJAY!

Wow!

LOL!

NJV and arjuna, talk all the crap u want, cause thats all u can , since thats all what kamal is gonna be dishing out!

Cinefan
19th May 2005, 10:58 AM
NJV and arjuna, talk all the crap u want, cause thats all u can , since thats all what kamal is gonna be dishing out!

Kamal is giving crap-Good joke :rotfl:

Appo Rajni,Vijay thaan classics kudukkurangala :?

Arjuna
19th May 2005, 02:51 PM
elle Movies - cant u understand English - Read what I wrote then talk!! I am a rajni fan u idiot!!

TISK
19th May 2005, 07:59 PM
"Movies",
You are hurting all Rajni fans by constantly bringing in a R&K fight issue each time a new post appears and I request you stop it immediately. A friendly request!
Hope you will wake up.
Thanks.

Don't ever forget the great contribution these two movie giants R&K, have given to Tamil Cinema and bashing any one of them for the other is deplorable.

Now, after hearing the 'Dhevudaa' song many times, i get this feeling that it has very distinct features of that IIR's 'kOzhi koovudhu' song by S.Janaki, 'veerayyaa, verayyaa, nee ippo yaarayyaa'.
Any takers?

Raghu
19th May 2005, 08:12 PM
Now, after hearing the 'Dhevudaa' song many times, i get this feeling that it has very distinct features of that IIR's 'kOzhi koovudhu' song by S.Janaki, 'veerayyaa, verayyaa, nee ippo yaarayyaa'.
Any takers?

what movie is that from TISK, sir?

and Athinthom's beats remind me so much of Maankuyile poonkuyile from Karakatakaran, and vanamellam shenbahappu (a Karthick film, can not remember the name)

any views

njv
19th May 2005, 08:20 PM
"Movies",
You are hurting all Rajni fans by constantly bringing in a R&K fight issue each time a new post appears and I request you stop it immediately. A friendly request!
Hope you will wake up.
Thanks.

Don't ever forget the great contribution these two movie giants R&K, have given to Tamil Cinema and bashing any one of them for the other is deplorable.

Any takers?

TISK, glad you pointed me this. Yes, devuda devuda looks like inspired from veerayya veerayya nee ippo yaaraiya.

Raghu - Athinthom sounded like Maankuyile in saranam, but the rest of the tune didnt fit either song. I need to play both at the same time to see the correlation. Good observation again.

Raghu
19th May 2005, 09:08 PM
Raghu - Athinthom sounded like Maankuyile in saranam, but the rest of the tune didnt fit either song. I need to play both at the same time to see the correlation. Good observation again.

Niv

Yes I meant only the saranam, this Athinthom tune is very IR -ish
Dr.SPB is the ultimate singer, what are your views on this Niv?

Movies
21st May 2005, 07:00 AM
Chandramukhi RULZ!

Sachien is doing average.

Mumabai Xprs FLOP!

njv
21st May 2005, 08:55 PM
Movies, neenga thirundha maateenga, TISK made a request to you and still you didnt listen to anyone. hope you are NOT representing millions of matured Rajni fans.

BTW of MX is a flop, that shows the taste of tamil people. Few of my bengali people who saw MX in hindi loved the movie and they felt that Kamal should have done some bengali movie. I keep telling Kamalji that he is wasting his time in Tamilnadu, serving the people with out taste and he keep telling us, no some one has to take the first step. hmm...

Movies
22nd May 2005, 02:44 AM
NJV,

Wow NJV now ur saying the whole tamil world are dummer compared to Bengalis

Look I just pasted some facts there. Its my way of saying Rajni rocks!

If u have a point to prove that MX is a bumper hiut, make ur own thread. And its u the one startng the whole thing again by bringin kamal in the topic again!

CM HITTT... HUUURRRAAAYYYY!!!!!

njv
23rd May 2005, 01:18 AM
Wow NJV now ur saying the whole tamil world are dummer compared to Bengalis

No poeple like you

TISK
24th May 2005, 09:11 PM
"CM" collections dropping to 65% but still at #1 spot !!

Raghu
25th May 2005, 03:13 PM
"CM" collections dropping to 65% but still at #1 spot !!

lakalakalaklaklaklaklaklak RepeatU

TISK
27th May 2005, 07:41 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13810264

Raghu
31st May 2005, 07:09 PM
TISK and others,

The song Konja Neram by Asha ji & Madhu BalaKrishnan reminds of some Old Dr.IR & Dr.KJY song back in 80's, perhaps it is to do with the fact that Madhu's voice DR.KJY's voice (Younger) are so similar

TISK
31st May 2005, 07:22 PM
Chennai weekend box-office (May 27-29)

Chandramukhi rules the Chennai box-office, as it approaches 50th day.

CM STILL RULZ!!!

TISK
31st May 2005, 07:47 PM
"Raghu',
All songs fall under a certain 'sandham' count, either 4 beats or 5 or 6 and it is always possible to find similarities in various songs.
The creativity[??!!] of a MD lies in how he manipulates a popular tune without directly reminding us of the original tune.
Some will take a 4 beat tune, retain the initial beat and extend it to a 5 beat one with some variations and vice versa.
A classic and time-old example of this is the following two songs. Both can be sung in either tune.
"pEsuvadhu kiLiyaa illai peNnarasi mozhiyaa"
and,
" maambazhaththu vaNdu vaasa malar cheNdu"
Try it!
There are many more! In fact there is a seperate thread for this here in TFM Page!

TISK
2nd June 2005, 08:03 PM
50 Days of `Chandramukhi`

By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 02 June , 2005, 10:35

Chandramukhi has created history, as it continues to rock and is steady at all the 170 releasing stations in Tamilnadu where it is completing 50 days today. The film has broken all existing box-office records and the way it is going, it will complete 100 days in all releasing stations- a unique record for a film!
'Abhirami' Ramanathan, the chief of Tamilnadu theatre owners association says: "I have no words to describe Chandramukhi, which is once in a blue moon mega blockbuster. The ladies and family audience have made it an event". At Ramanathan's Abhirami theatre in Chennai, the film has collected a whopping distributor's share of Rs 39 Lakhs in 46 days breaking Padayappa record of Rs 34 Lakhs in 112 days!

At Santham theatre (Seating capacity 568), The film has taken a share of Rs 30 Lakhs in 46 days which is fantastic. Udayam complex in Chennai where Chandramukhi opened in three screens, the distributors share in 46 days is Rs 48.5 lakhs!

Heard of a place called Ukolathupalayam? It is a C-station near Tiruchi where normally a super hit collects a distributors share of Rs 30,000 to 40,000 as it is played only after the main stations. Now, here Chandramukhi was released simultaneously and the film has given a share of Rs 3,25,000 already!

"Amazing", "Unbelievable", "Super" are the words being used by the trade to refer Chandramukhi collections all over Tamilnadu. All theatres outside Chennai are not willing to divulge collections figures fearing Income Tax raids!

TISK
2nd June 2005, 11:43 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

THIS IS TFM PAGE AND HISTORY IS BEING MADE HERE WITH THIS SS MOVIE!
AND, WHERE ARE YOU ALL, GUYS?
LEAVE THE OTHER THREADS AND CELEBRATE HERE!!
COME AND REJOICE!
WAY TO GO CM!!!

app_engine
3rd June 2005, 01:49 AM
Another interview from SS
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/06/03/stories/2005060304040100.htm

thumburu
3rd June 2005, 04:09 PM
Raghu, thought "Konja neram" is a pleasing melody, Vidhyasagar cannot take the credit for the originality. It is a rehash of few IR songs and MSV songs too. The starting line "konja neram" resembles "mazhai varudhu mazhai varudhu" song. The first bgm is just ripped off from an MSV's bhagesri based song . The humming at the end of charanam is again ripped off from IR's "kalai nera poonguil" from Amman Koil Kizhakkaale

thumburu
3rd June 2005, 04:09 PM
sorry it should be "though"

TISK
3rd June 2005, 07:26 PM
'ippadi yellaam paarththaa, oru paattum minjaadhu.'
Unless it is an obvious copy [Like Deva], we should learn to wink at these songs and give credit to the MD for giving a different and pleasing melody.
VS definitely deserves for 'konja neram'.

puyal
6th June 2005, 05:10 PM
Endha Link-ai Choodungo....
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/steal/index.shtml
:wink:

TISK
8th June 2005, 02:38 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!
FOR THE 9-TH WEEK!!
CM kaNNaa CM!!
Chennai weekend box-office (June 3-5)

Tuesday, 07 June , 2005, 18:38

Chandramukhi is still going steady in its ninth week and continues to be at the number one position. At the second place is Ullam Ketkume which has taken everyone by surprise with 90 percent opening.

Rajni kaNNaa Rajni

Raghu
9th June 2005, 04:57 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!
FOR THE 9-TH WEEK!!
CM kaNNaa CM!!
Chennai weekend box-office (June 3-5)

Tuesday, 07 June , 2005, 18:38

Chandramukhi is still going steady in its ninth week and continues to be at the number one position. At the second place is Ullam Ketkume which has taken everyone by surprise with 90 percent opening.

Rajni kaNNaa Rajni

lakalakalaka repeatu

TISK
11th June 2005, 06:55 PM
thirumba, thirumba sonnaalum alukka villai!
50 crores in 50 days!
Marching towards 1 billion by 100 days!

http://www.dinamalar.com/

lakkalakkalakkaalakkala!

puyal
12th June 2005, 02:58 AM
Anniyan is afraid of Chandramugi...... well.. he has to... because chandramugi is local name.... anniyan means foreign.... Anyway, the discussion in this page brings out that whole tamil nadu has been going through CM fever... lakalakalakalaka.........

http://www.dinamani.com/cinema/2005/anniyan/News.asp?Topic=-56&Title=&ID=DNC20050608104340&nDate= :P

TISK
12th June 2005, 05:42 AM
Today I read that Oscar Ravichandran is happy over the success of CM as there is enough money with the theater owners and he got his price because of that!
So, 'anniyan'aiyum vaazha vaiththa CM!!

lakkalakkalakkaalakkala!
:-)

NOV
12th June 2005, 04:58 PM
are you one of those who is crazy over the raa raa song and cannot get enough of it?

well, listen to the Tamil version of the song, from the Telugu version of the movie. :D:D:D

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/a0000475/chandramukhi.htm

Raghu
14th June 2005, 03:20 AM
thirumba, thirumba sonnaalum alukka villai!
50 crores in 50 days!
Marching towards 1 billion by 100 days!

http://www.dinamalar.com/

lakkalakkalakkaalakkala!

RepeatU

Raghu
14th June 2005, 06:10 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13871675

ithu epadi irukku?

lakalakalaklaklaklaklakalakalka

MumbaiRamki
14th June 2005, 09:52 PM
Raghu ,
Somehow i don't tend to belive this now - CM is definetely the biggest hit ,but to say that it is the no .1 after 10 weeks ?

In one instance ,they had reported Kana Kandain had a first week collection of over 85 % and that occupied second place .Does that mean chandramukhi had more than that ,that too in the 7 th week ?

I hope rajni fans don't mistake my doubts as something else :)
Eagerly waiting for anniyan :)

puyal
14th June 2005, 11:46 PM
Hey MumbaiRamki,

In your message the last two lines, exposes your intent. So, dont try to hide it. You do not appreciate that much CM as an ardent fan. But dont try to please others. Because your second line of last two lines in the previous message, shows how eagerly you look for drifting your attention from CM.

Also, guys when you give a line about something, go to that page copy the http line on the top of the box you see, dont just give links to some general site, like www.dinamalar.com

lakalakalakalaka....
Puyal

MumbaiRamki
15th June 2005, 01:10 AM
Puyal ,
tension aagtheenga ....Iam definetely not a fan of rajni ,but definetely not a basher - I have just expressed my doubts over sify 's articles ( be it rajni or kamal ) and not over CM's victory - I have clearly said CM is the biggest hit ( in the past few years atleast ) .

Unlike indiafm -sify does not have official figures from different cities .If u browse a site like indiafm ,u will understand what i say .

I have never given a comment against CM in this page !

Raghu
15th June 2005, 03:32 PM
Raghu ,
Somehow i don't tend to belive this now - CM is definetely the biggest hit ,but to say that it is the no .1 after 10 weeks ?

In one instance ,they had reported Kana Kandain had a first week collection of over 85 % and that occupied second place .Does that mean chandramukhi had more than that ,that too in the 7 th week ?

I hope rajni fans don't mistake my doubts as something else :)
Eagerly waiting for anniyan :)

MumbaiRamki,

Hello

Sify bashed Superb *, when baba was released, they rated the film as 'below average' and the same Sify rated CM as the BEST, so i don't think they are biased.

coucou
15th June 2005, 05:20 PM
[tscii:4289c110e1]Even uttering the name ‘Chandramukhi’ is a sweet word of success for distributors and theater owners who have been toying with the idea of building a shopping complex or marriage hall in place of their theatres.

Hotnews!
The 'Anniyan' story - exclusive news
Kollywood VIPs who make waves in Bollywood
Sexy clothes sizzling song - Thankar and Navya Nair
Marriage talk when bored - Jyothika
‘Chandramukhi’ creates 50 day record
Shakila’s ‘Unarchigal’
No acting at home ' Vijay
Meditation on deerskin ' Rajini rebuked
Prashanth's secret betrothal
Pretty Simran gives birth to baby boy
more...

"It’s already been more than 50 days since the film was released. We are yet to remove the ‘houseful’ board even now," say some theatre owners with obvious joy. "The film has given more returns than we had ever imagined. We can say, ‘Chandramukhi’ has given a new lease of life to theatre owners who were on the verge of destroying cinema houses and constructing more viable options like shops or a marriage hall," said an Arcot distributor.

"My share as a distributor alone has come to 38 lakhs. This is like manna from heaven," says Abhirami Mall owner Abhirami Ramanathan with pleasure. "In 15 years, this is the first film where I see families coming together in droves to see the film,’ he says in surprise.

Being the 200th film to be screened at Abhirami, it is also the top grosser. Not only in Tamilnadu, ‘Chandramukhi’ has created records in Kerala, Andhra, Karnataka, Canada, USA and Australia too.

In Kerala, Andhra and Karnataka, our super star has put a spoke in the earnings of the films of local heroes. The earnings of the 50 day run is…hold your breath…60 crores!

It is supposed that a 100 day run could lead to an 85 or 100 crore earnings. If the supposition becomes a reality, Rajini will easily be hailed as India’s one and only super star

[/tscii:4289c110e1]

coucou
15th June 2005, 05:23 PM
[tscii:4ecc757941]‘Chandramukhi’ creates 50 day record

Even uttering the name ‘Chandramukhi’ is a sweet word of success for distributors and theater owners who have been toying with the idea of building a shopping complex or marriage hall in place of their theatres.

"It’s already been more than 50 days since the film was released. We are yet to remove the ‘houseful’ board even now," say some theatre owners with obvious joy. "The film has given more returns than we had ever imagined. We can say, ‘Chandramukhi’ has given a new lease of life to theatre owners who were on the verge of destroying cinema houses and constructing more viable options like shops or a marriage hall," said an Arcot distributor.

"My share as a distributor alone has come to 38 lakhs. This is like manna from heaven," says Abhirami Mall owner Abhirami Ramanathan with pleasure. "In 15 years, this is the first film where I see families coming together in droves to see the film,’ he says in surprise.

Being the 200th film to be screened at Abhirami, it is also the top grosser. Not only in Tamilnadu, ‘Chandramukhi’ has created records in Kerala, Andhra, Karnataka, Canada, USA and Australia too.

In Kerala, Andhra and Karnataka, our super star has put a spoke in the earnings of the films of local heroes. The earnings of the 50 day run is…hold your breath…60 crores!

It is supposed that a 100 day run could lead to an 85 or 100 crore earnings. If the supposition becomes a reality, Rajini will easily be hailed as India’s one and only super star

lakalakalaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/tscii:4ecc757941]

Raghu
15th June 2005, 07:41 PM
[tscii:66799e0ddf]‘Chandramukhi’ creates 50 day record

Even uttering the name ‘Chandramukhi’ is a sweet word of success for distributors and theater owners who have been toying with the idea of building a shopping complex or marriage hall in place of their theatres.

lakalakalaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/tscii:66799e0ddf]

coucou

pls provide the link for the above article

lakalakalakalaklaklaklaklakalkalaka RepeatU

puyal
15th June 2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/14062005-5.shtml

To Everyone,

Please provide appropriate link,with the highlights of the news. That will be interesting and will be authenticated info. for everyone.

Thanks,
Puyal

MumbaiRamki
15th June 2005, 10:19 PM
Sify /Cinesouth -> I did'nt mean they are biased - but i have my doubts in their figures ....

For example ,sify reported that around 1 lakh audio cassets of sachien sold in first week - which is highly un believable !!!

Secondly ,shortly after vijay's interview they suddenly raised sachein to second place while sachien has been a damb squib at BO !

All of a sudden in the 6 /7 th week Mumbai Xpress came to the second place while the truth might not be so .

Having said that ,only in chennai do they have an official figures .All the other places ,it is just an eye wash - Except for AVM no producer has so much insight to the collections( other than chennai ) is what some of my friends claim .It applies to all the movies be it a rajni or kamal or vijay or ajith !

TISK
17th June 2005, 07:13 PM
""Rajni- Chilling out!

By Moviebuzz
Friday, 17 June , 2005, 09:14

Rajnikanth, is bored of sitting at home and just savouring the success of Chandramukhi. He wants move on,and do something unusal like going for a holiday where he can also learn a few things.
So he is off to London and New York with wife and daughter Soundarya on sunday June 19, to study and observe the working of Broadway Musicals!Yes our superstar is hooked on to something as mundane(for us Indians)as Broadway Musical stage shows and its popularity.

He will be watching some of the best theatre plays in London and Broadway Musicals in New York.Our superstar will be away for a month and hopefully incorporate some of the ideas he gets from watching these plays in his next film!""

nanRi--dinamalar.

lakalakalakalaklaklaklaklakalkalaka RepeatU

Raghu
20th June 2005, 12:48 AM
lakalakalakalaka repeatU

Raghu
20th June 2005, 12:48 AM
lakalakalakalaka repeatU

Raghu
20th June 2005, 12:49 AM
lakalakalakalaka repeatU

TISK
24th June 2005, 09:19 PM
Please read what SS has to say about IIR and his latest divine album in Vikatan.com!

Movies
25th June 2005, 01:06 AM
TISK!
CUT AND PASTE THE LINK

Why dont u just tell us!

MumbaiRamki
25th June 2005, 02:50 AM
Movies ,
Vikatan is apaid site ..thats why ....

m_23_bayarea
25th June 2005, 02:54 AM
CM and ANNIYAN are the biggest hits of the year !!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Movies
26th June 2005, 02:45 AM
Mumbai ramki, he can do what one of the guys did on another thread!

Raghu
28th June 2005, 02:22 PM
I was listening to 'devudua devuda' the other day, the beginning of the song, i.e. the orchestration sounded so much like ARR's oruvan oruvan muthalli by Dr.SPB from muthu :shock: :shock: , but of course no where near ARR's quality, though

interz
28th June 2005, 03:08 PM
any mds can sound like arr today, just listen to vs, hj, ysr, even deva can do it.

Music4Ever
28th June 2005, 06:54 PM
In fact, in Devuda Devuda VS sounds like himself, listen to the "aruva meesa koduva pArva Arumughandhan kayya vechhan dhool" song.

vijayr
28th June 2005, 10:06 PM
athinthom is supposedly a clean lift from a traditional Malayalam soundtrack

Listen to the original here
http://www.itwofs.com/audio/Athinthom-Traditional.rm

this has been mentioned here
http://www.itwofs.com/

MumbaiRamki
29th June 2005, 02:50 AM
abt itwofs ....
Everybody can have a web space if u have money and u can fill what ever u want ....
It is a good thing to point out that the inspirations and give proper credit to the original composers - so far ,so good ..

But why a site only on that ? Can this site also not publish articles abt the greatness of our musical directors in simplicity !!!How many of us can understand the musical terms ? Will it not be great ,if some body takes a song and analyses it thread bare and points out the greatness and beauty of the song ?

inetk
29th June 2005, 04:16 PM
I need a lot more maturity and musical knowledge to get into those things. Yes, I wish we had a site like what you've mentioned. I remember reading analysis of IR's songs by Dr Lakshminarayanan...something like that. For those who have not read those articles, here's where you can read them.

http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.com/2005/04/music-analyzed-by-drlakshminarayanan.html

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

MumbaiRamki
29th June 2005, 09:15 PM
Karthik ,
Thanks alot for that Article and ur frankness !

vijayr
29th June 2005, 10:46 PM
Mumbai Ramki, there are a lot of places including TFMDF where songs of different MDs have been analyzed. So having a site exclusively for inspirations is not a bad idea. It will serve as a single focussed reference page for all inspirations.
Check out RD Burman's inspirations. An eye opener. And some of the northies claim that he was the best ever forgetting great MDs before him. Ironically, the songs that they listed as his great creations(mehbooba mehbooba, chura liya hai etc.) turned out to be inspired.

app_engine
29th June 2005, 11:56 PM
inetk (Karthik), are you sure `mounam pEsiyadhE' is by YSR? I remember reading somewhere that it is by copy master Sirpi...

MumbaiRamki
30th June 2005, 12:46 AM
VijayR ,
It is impossible to create anything without inspiration consicously ! EVery composer including my fav Raaja have to be 'inspired' - All we can say is that in many cases we don't know the source of inspiration .It does'nt mean that composers do a copy of the songs - But most of the times it happens in the sub -consicuous mind,esp in Art forms it happens !

And your point is very much valid - But my suggestion to karthik is to have some articles ( may be cut ,copy pasted ) or atleast links to articles which discuss abt our composers !

Music4Ever
30th June 2005, 01:06 AM
"It is impossible to create anything without inspiration consicously ! EVery composer including my fav Raaja have to be 'inspired' "

True, but with due respects to the above opinion, there are some compositions which are more than just inspirations. To wit, the KuluvAlilE African cry, Akkara cheemai azhaginilE, endha poovilum vAsam undu, Mehabooba, O Maria (RDB's number in Sagar), Minnalai pidithu, Athiththom, and Sirpy's famous borrowings. With such blatant copying how can we place trust in our MD's? Statements like "music should happen spontaneously" should be treated with a liberal dose of the needful, thanks to Karthik's itwofs.com. Needless to say, when I sent the link to several of my friends (tamil and non tamil) they were simply dazed.

MumbaiRamki
30th June 2005, 01:32 AM
Yes - there will be ..I don't have any doubt in that ! BUt in some cases ,the composer may not be guilty ,the producer might have wante dit ...

For example ,in Minority report there is a scene in which Tom Cruise waves his hand to see the 'future' images and a background music is played by John Williams .I happen to note that it is a note to note copy of Schubert Symphony .

But when i read the script for Minority report ,i wa sshocke dto find that they had mentioned to play Strauss symphony during that scene ( probably John WIlliams felt Schubert may be better ) ..SO there ar eother complexities which we are not aware of also !

Music4Ever
30th June 2005, 01:43 AM
"Yes - there will be ..I don't have any doubt in that ! BUt in some cases ,the composer may not be guilty ,the producer might have wante dit ... "

In that case, due credit should be given to the original that was borrowed from. Failing that, the argument that the composer may not be guilty seems flimsy to me, especially since the MD, if he is of the stature of IR/MSV/ARR, gets all the credit for a hit song. :)

stranger
30th June 2005, 11:07 PM
"It is impossible to create anything without inspiration consicously ! EVery composer including my fav Raaja have to be 'inspired' "

True, unfortunately, people those who try to be too original hardly ever succeed! 8)

It irritates people when one do not admit it and when one justifies that in an ugly manner! 8)

app_engine
1st July 2005, 09:24 PM
http://dinakaran.com/daily/2005/Jul/01/others/topstory4.html
A report on Ilayaraja's Thiruvasagam release function. This news report focusses exclusively on what Rajini spoke in the function...he talks about his not working with Raja for his films...

Movies
2nd July 2005, 04:25 AM
What does he say?

puyal
12th July 2005, 10:38 PM
This is what the top positions list in chennai according to SIFY data.
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13894061
How about in other cities in TN.
Overall, in TN, which is number 1?

Puyal

puyal
13th July 2005, 01:36 AM
Alright... Next is this

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=rajnikanth12.txt

May be they should have Chandramukhi- Part-II. This time, the ghost can enter into Simran, and fights physically with all sorts of andhar balty with Rajini. Rajni worships lord muruga and brings a vel from Palani and kills Simran and once and for all Chandramukhi... how is it,
Idhu eppadi irukku

Puyal

puyal
13th July 2005, 01:41 AM
The story can start like this....

Inside that Palace of Vettaiyan Raja, there are lot ot tombs. One of them, is Chandramukhi tomb, in which simran body is kept. The ghost enters into the body and then the story goes as mentioned in my previous message.....

hahhahhah
lakalakalaka
Puyal

puyal
15th July 2005, 01:47 AM
http://www.cinesouth.com/specials/topten.shtml

stranger
15th July 2005, 02:11 AM
puyal: I am surprized cinesouth keeps anniyan in the second place, still!

* Cine south and the new indian express (dinamaNi) delivers a completely different scenario about CM and anniyan!

* Whereas, Indiaglitz and Sify seem to give a different picture.

* Sify does not talk about anything other than chennai and sathyam cineama as far as box-office report of anniyan is concerned.

* Indiaglitz gave a review which was more like commercial to anniyan. They did not make any criticisms about anniyan which was very strange.

The bottomline is:

CM is a mega hit unarguably. Even Telugu media admitted after few weeks that CM picks up, despite bad reviews in the beginning.

Anniyan has not been accepted as a "super hit" all over tamil nadu yet. But it does better than CM in Andhra box office.

It is really strange, how this "stranger" turned out to be as far as bo report from TN is concenrned! :?

TISK
23rd July 2005, 02:33 AM
[tscii:b2be047041]`Chandramukhi` celebrates 100 days!

By Moviebuzz
Friday, 22 July , 2005, 14:36

Sivaji productions Rajnikanth starrer Chandramukhi celebrates its 100th day today (July22) in 156 screens worldwide including 90 theatres in Tamilnadu.
The film is the biggest hit in the history of Tamil cinema and is rumoured to have collected a distributor’s share of over Rs 23 Crores from theatrical rights from Tamilnadu alone!

Says Abhirami Ramanathan, president of Tamilnadu theatre owners association: “It is a mega blockbuster, the biggest of them all”. The film has collected a distributor’s share of Rs 46, 43,281 the highest in the history of Abhirami complex.

Chandramukhi opened up the Tamil film business and took it to hitherto unexplored markets and it total worldwide share including DVD, satellite rights would easily add up to Rs 60 Crore!

Meanwhile the 100th day celebrations will take place at a resort near Kuttralam in TK area. The celebrations are being arranged by local distributor and all the artists except the superstar will participate!

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

Go CM!!!
'lakkalakkalakkalakkaa'[/tscii:b2be047041]

interz
24th July 2005, 04:00 PM
chandramukhiss background score also getting released soon, hope it will be able for music listernes.

stranger
26th July 2005, 04:05 AM
[tscii:3046d05728]
Stunning show by Chandramukhi
IndiaGlitz
Saturday, July 23, 2005

Super Star Rajinikanth’s comeback film Chandramukhi has shattered all records at the box office.

The movie on Wednesday successfully completed 100-run show in over 156 theatres all over the world including in theatres in Sri Lanka, South Africa and Malaysia.

Produced by Sivaji Productions and directed by P Vasu, the movie an inspiration of Kannada movie Aapthamithra, starred Rajinikanth, Prabhu, Vadivelu, Nassar, Jyothika and Nayantra.

After a dismal show in Baba, Rajni took a long gap for two years to come up with Chandramukhi. The unprecedented success of Chandramukhi has made the industry look up with hope, say the trade circles.

Chandramukhi has brought family audience back to the theatres, say theatre owners

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15819.html[/tscii:3046d05728]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chandramukhi" 100 days in Hyderabad

The 100-days functionof "Chandramukhi" will be held in Hyderabad; and the producers of Telugu version sought green signal from superstar Rajnikanth. The movie had completed 100 days in several centers in Andhra Pradesh and garnered record collections. In view of the magnitude of the movie success, unprecedented celebration of the event is being planned.

http://www.filmchamber.com/tmpl.asp?it=nwjul18a#3

TISK
4th August 2005, 08:25 PM
Still holding the 4th spot in the box office even after 100 days!!

lakkalakkalakkalakkala!

yvsmani
5th August 2005, 01:46 PM
chandramukhi 100th day - sivajiyin ninaivu dhinam
chandramukhi 175th day - sivajiyin pirantha naal

interz
5th August 2005, 07:44 PM
dont think any of rajni films in future gonna break the records chandramukhi created.

TISK
5th August 2005, 10:13 PM
That's what they said when Badshaa made history until padaiyappa came and the it was padaiyappaa, padaiyappa until now.... chandramukhi!
So, dont count on it, my friend!
But, one thing for sure !!
Only A SS's next film can break this record as long as he remains in the field!

:D :!: :!: 8)

njv
21st August 2005, 08:51 AM
Just a joke, no oftense to anyone.

What would have been teh case if ARR did music for Chandramukhi?

Laka Laka Baby Laka Laka Bay Lokku vida thonudaiya!!!

saradhaa_sn
21st August 2005, 06:59 PM
Very happy to see that, still "Shivaji Productions" remains successful movie makers.....

Hats off to 'Super Star'
Hats off to Vasu
Congrats to Ramkumar.

Nerd
22nd August 2005, 12:33 AM
That's what they said when Badshaa made history until padaiyappa came and the it was padaiyappaa, padaiyappa until now.... chandramukhi!
So, dont count on it, my friend!
But, one thing for sure !!
Only A SS's next film can break this record as long as he remains in the field!

:D :!: :!: 8)

Well said :thumbsup: Watch out for shivaji 8)

TISK
7th September 2005, 06:40 PM
Chandramukhi` celebrates silver jubilee!

By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 07 September , 2005, 14:23

The silver jubilee function of Chandramukhi will be held in style at the university auditorium in Chennai on October 1. The day also happens to be Sivaji Ganesan's birthday and Sivaji productions has chosen the auspicious date for the celebrations.
Everybody associated with the film will take part in the function as it has been billed the "official" celebration for the success of the film. The chief Guest at the function would be Union minister and veteran Telugu film director Dasari Narayana Rao.

The highlight of the evening would be the much anticipated speech of Rajnikanth (remember that Rajni had promised at the audio launch that he would speak next at the silver jubilee function) in which he will state the reason for the success of Chandramukhi.

'lakkalakkalakkalakkalakkala

interz
7th September 2005, 08:14 PM
great!!! lakalakalaka hope it reaches 200 days

TISK
27th September 2005, 07:15 PM
[tscii:815b217445]Collector’s item!

By Moviebuzz
Tuesday, 27 September , 2005, 17:41

After many, many years the original soundtrack of a film Chandramukhi was released in Chennai today by Sivaji Productions- Ramkumar and Prabhu in the presence of music director Vidyasagar and director P.Vasu.
The original soundtrack has all the punch lines, plus that famous “Lakka…Lakka…Lakkaa..” said by superstar Rajnikanth in the film. As a bonus, a VCD-'The making of Chandramukhi' is also given along with the original soundtrack.

Said Ramkumar: “There was tremendous pressure from the fans of the superstar to bring out this soundtrack of Chandramukhi. The proceedings from the CD sales will go towards the Sivaji-Prabhu Charities Trust.

AnAK audio the distributors of the audio CD say that it is going to be only limited edition and will be a collector’s item.

'lakkalakkalakkalakkalakkala' :lol:

[/tscii:815b217445]

slperson1
27th September 2005, 07:50 PM
OST have been released by YSR & selvaraghavan.They shoulda made a big deal about those OST's becuz there was some very good bgm in those movies.This isnt as exciting news as YSR releasing OST's for Kadhal Kondein and 7/G

MrJudge
29th September 2005, 10:39 AM
Chandramuki goes for Tokyo International Film Festival:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13951842

enga poyi solluven, ennanu solluven
enga poyi solluven, ennanu solluven

stranger
29th September 2005, 08:31 PM
ithu enna pudhu maathiriyaana "oppaariyaa" irukku?! :lol:

nallaaththaan irukku! 8)

Way to go Super*! :thumbsup:

TISK
2nd October 2005, 09:07 PM
Enjoy!!

http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13709686&hgallery=13954513&sort_idx=

interz
3rd October 2005, 03:43 AM
are they celebrating 200 days or 175 days??? in indiaglitz stills it seems like 200 days but the articles says 175 days what to believe??

TISK
3rd October 2005, 06:19 PM
http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=13954668

CM in Hindi with ?? Amitabh?/

BTW, it is 175 and not 200.

TISK
14th October 2005, 10:47 PM
Don't miss out tomorrow[Sunday] at 11.30 at SUNTV, the 200 day celebrations and Making of CM. It looks good at the preview!

prabhudas
19th October 2005, 06:15 AM
Any hardcore Rajini fans who missed the making of Chandramukhi and silver jubilee celebration, I have the entire program recorded, if u guys are familiar with www.orb.com, I will make it available to watch thro' ORB, let me know in 3 days, coz' the MPEG file of the almost 4 hour program is taking lots of my HD space.

BTW www.orb.com, is great, but u need to have high speed internet connection

Prabhudas

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2005, 06:42 AM
Any hardcore Rajini fans who missed the making of Chandramukhi and silver jubilee celebration, I have the entire program recorded, if u guys are familiar with www.orb.com, I will make it available to watch thro' ORB, let me know in 3 days, coz' the MPEG file of the almost 4 hour program is taking lots of my HD space.

BTW www.orb.com, is great, but u need to have high speed internet connection

Prabhudas

That'll be awesome if you could do it....thanks man !!

Nerd
19th October 2005, 06:53 AM
I second bayarea. It would be great if you can do that, prabhu :)

TISK
19th October 2005, 07:11 AM
I third it! I too recorded it but had to go out and in the process my tape got over at P.Vasu's talk. I would be thanking you if you could send it to me , Prabhudas!
BTW, when did you come back? Call me if you can.
YIA!!

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2005, 07:38 AM
I actually downloaded just Thalaiver's speech and the making of CM yesterday from Rajinifans.com. The webpage seems to be down the whole day today. Prolly cos so many ppl are trying to download it as well. But I want to see what others say abt thalaiver, especially Shankar......some titbits abt Shivaji are bound to be there I guess....Thanks Prabhu !!

Vaazga veera Shivaji.....

prabhudas
19th October 2005, 08:24 AM
Guys, let me make it for public viewing.
try this link, this will allow u as my guest, no log in or PW required, one damn hitch, I think it allows one guest at a time to view

http://my.orb.com/orb/index.jsp?gk=8030-da8b4e2f36551bec80b5c7ebc278c8c0b7b5c9f0&fid=V20&pid=1&gm=0

The stream seems to be great with Cable modem internet speed but with DSL I am not sure, if anyone has Verizon Fios that would be the best.
this is a part 1 - 2 hours program
enjoy
Prabhudas

Other parts (Part 2 to part 5) link

https://my.orb.com/orb/home.jsp?category=video&function=browse&fid=1&ft=4&tryit=e6e15ff1339a7f65bfcc26f83421ba7a89c495cd

Part 4 and 5 for Rajini's speech

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2005, 08:43 AM
Prabhu, It says session expired, enter pwd...

prabhudas
19th October 2005, 10:48 PM
which link, the first one or the second
Prabhudas

TISK
19th October 2005, 11:36 PM
A small diversion while 'prabhudas' is figuring it out the problem with the recording!

You all may have been reading about the awesome IIR 'live-show' recently. Two things stood out from those write-up's.

1. When people wanted IR to sing one more time the 'naan thEdum sevaandhippoo idhu' song, do you know how they asked??!!
Yes..... you guessed it right!They all were chanting in unison......
"repeat.....tu"!

2. The more and more I read about Shreya Goyal singing that famous 'KJ' song from 'Johny'.. 'kaaRRil yendhan giitham', my mind sings the first line and automatically is followed by ,
"raa..raa.. sarasukku raa.raa"

Now, over to 'Prabhudas'

:idea: :D