PDA

View Full Version : Chandramukhi Audio is released today!

Pages : [1] 2 3

chanrai
5th March 2005, 08:10 AM
Much awaited Audio of Super Star Rajinikanth's Chandramukhi is released today!

What's your comment?

1. Devuda Devuda - SP Balasubramaniyam
2. Konja Neram - Asha Bosle, Madhu Balakrishnan
3. Athithom - SPB, Vaishali
4. Kokku para para - Tippu, Manikka Vinayagam, Rajalakshmi S
5. Ra Ra - Binni Krishnakumar, Tippu
6. Annanoda Paatu - KK, Karthik, Sujatha

For Audio release report & Review :
http://www.rajinifans.com/cm/cmspecial.asp

For hot discussion among the Rajini fans:
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rajinidotcom/

RR
5th March 2005, 08:59 AM
Interestingly each song is by different lyricists, but Vairamuthu is missing!

http://dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=2237&osCsid=8ee7bed2f6808b2ee9a9998d7ce2c826&back=1

kbee
5th March 2005, 09:44 AM
Songs are good. First listening to the song I am not imperssed, but over a period it grows on to you. My songs in the order

Athithom
Konja Neram
Kokku para para
Devuda Devuda
Ra Ra
Annanoda Paatu

Vairamuthu is gone because of some misunderstanding with Rajini. He also have some dishum dishum with ARR, so he is trying to go back to IR.

sureshmehcnit
5th March 2005, 02:08 PM
Here is my review on Chandramukhi album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Chandramukhi_Album-70737-1.html

Smile
Suresh

Jacky
5th March 2005, 03:07 PM
"Rating for a song when you hear after watching the movie (AFM)"

These numbers are purely imaginary and can be misleading. We never know How the Songs will be picturised and how well the Characters will emote unless you belong to Chandramukhi crew.
Otherwise a Good review.

sureshmehcnit
5th March 2005, 04:02 PM
Hi,

Anyway First intro song is going to be a hit no matter how well it is picturised or how well Rajini emotes in it. Second song is a meldious duet and sure will win hearts with audio itself and the telugu song which may be a major disappointment for many core rajini fans will accept and understand the importance of the song and will like it on screen as i have seen the Kannada version of the movie in which this climax song which also starts with line "Raa Raa" is the highlight of the movie and so i gave 5 rating in AFM and rest all as you said imaginary and definitely may not be misleading

Jacky
5th March 2005, 05:09 PM
For a song you gave 1 to MB and 4 to AFM -- that's a huge transition. I can understand if this is for a Fan but then you have a separate rating for them. That's why i feel it is misleading.

sainath
5th March 2005, 05:13 PM
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Chandramukhi_Album-70748-1.html

Music review

sureshmehcnit
5th March 2005, 05:38 PM
Hey jacky,

I think the mistake is mine. I should have mentioned that BWM and AFM rating are only with respect to Fans and not MF's.

Jacky
5th March 2005, 07:22 PM
No sweat!
:)

dinesh2002
5th March 2005, 08:17 PM
just heard the songs... pure dissapointmens man!!

http://musicmazaa.com/tamil/aSongslist.php?movie=Chandramukhi&ref=free

so many songs inspired from IR's 80s songs....very very low standard for a Rajini Movie..

dinesh2002
5th March 2005, 08:20 PM
yea...forget to mention....Raa Raa is def a DIRECT LIFT from IR's 80 song... :P:P....and the starting of Konjam Neram,the flute bit reminds me of Ku Ku Kuyilum paadum....hmm...see la..mabby it will appeal to the mass..but for me..pure waste! Deva would have done a splendid job...even Baba is much much better than this!!

MumbaiRamki
5th March 2005, 09:02 PM
1.Devuda Devuda - Good song ...Sure hit ..Just wait for the movie man !!

2.Konjam Neram - Like a 80s Illayaraaja song .....Like the song by Yesudas in Poon Thota Kavalkaran ( I forgot the song ) ...Ok ...Nice Melody on the first hearing ...

3.ANithom - Nice song thaan,chranama esp amazing ...But i doubt if this will be a hit ....Innum koncham fast airuka venamaa ???

4.Kokku Para Para - Is this the song which is picturised on pattam ? Sure hit in my opinion ,though not a great song ..This song is the dark horse in my opnion ..well go well with the kids ...

5.Raa Raa - Semi classical song in the climax ..ennaku romba doubt a ...SHould be for some crappy situation ....Let us see keep the fingers crossed ...But the song is very good ...a New singer is singing and tippu too ..so should be rajni and prabhu for that ...Female is for jothika ( as advertised) ..The second interlude is intresting ...a marked change ..WHy should it be in telugu ???
What can be situation ??This is my fav in this movie ,ahead of Koncham neram ...( ANybody who knows telugu can guess what is the meaning ofthis song ?Or is it a keerthana kind ?)

6.Ananoda Paatu - Ok song ,nothing great ..Ketkalam ..

I get a vintage IR feeling in this album - Not agreat album ,but definetely refreshing .....Even if teh movie is average the songs will go to places ...

Somehow i get the feeling that vadivel is goin to steal the show from rajni ..... :idea:

slperson1
5th March 2005, 09:29 PM
so far i have listened to all songs xcept the last one still in the middle of the Raa Raa song.

Raa Raa is enjoyable,but the rest of the songs are very subpar.i am very disappointed with this album.THe title songs sucks!!!.that is liek a freeby hit but VS has disappointed.the gilli title song,dhool title song and dhil title song were 100 tiems better then devudu devudu.

the rest of the songs sound old and jaded.nothing special about anything in this album.

vem
5th March 2005, 10:47 PM
Even Baba songs r better than this movie songs. all songs r crap !!!

All songs sound like they had already been used for Vijay by VS (particularly the song Annanoda sounds like papala papali pazhame song)

The title song is the worst title song Rajini has ever had (even Arunachalam song and Pandiyan film song(ulagathukaga) sound better :(((

callmeshyam
6th March 2005, 05:02 AM
Blame it on the hype. But on the first few hearings, i somehow feel VS has letdown Rajini in CM.

Devuda Devuda - SPB saves the day. The lyrics are as usual philosophical/political. But there is nothing grand/new in the tune. Seems to be inspired from Dhool. The "repeatu" is irritating.

3/5

Konja Neram - I call it the "beedi" song. The front benchers need a break. C'mon. Why the heck this song needs Asha Bhonsle? :roll: Just to hype it up, i guess. Madhu BK sounds like Yesudass of the 80's. The orchestration in the interludes is decent.

2.5/5

Adhindhom - May be i am the odd one out. But being a IR fan, this songs hooks me up right away. VS has taken this right from IR's books. SPB takes me down the memory lane. The tempo might be on the slow side, but it has some catchy stuff in the charanams.

4/5

Kokku Para Para Kozhi Para

Again i seem to be the odd one. Like this one more than the first 2. The rhythym of this song is cool. Sure to catch up with kids. "Superstaru pattam nam pattam" - Interesting

3.5/5

Raa Raa
The telugu twist is similar to the tamil twist in Manichitratazh (The original). Guess "Jho" is possessed by a telugu "Aaavi". The tune is very familiar. scratching my head on this. This song might fit the movie, but not for hearing it on a silos. I pass this one.

2.5/5

Annanoda Pattu
Karthik is wasted in this effort. Man! this song sucks. It looks more of the kuthu songs of the recent years. Again i am not game to this.

This song is for the front benchers, as a compromise to song #2.
Am curious to see whos goin to dance for this song. P.Vasu should be intelligent enough not make Superstar to dance for this.

1.5/5

On the whole 2.6/5

Rajini has made sure spiritualism runs through the lyrics if not the movie is a spiritual fare like Baba. VS has not given his best shot for this. May be he has run out of gas as he has been churning lotsa songs in the last few years. Looking forward to IR's Mumbai express is all i can say.

kanth143
6th March 2005, 05:34 AM
downlaod cd rip from http://tamilstate.com/forum/

Jacky
6th March 2005, 09:38 AM
Dinesh - Thanks for the link.

Devuda Devuda must be most awful Rajni intro song in last 10 years. A total letdown.

Kitcha
6th March 2005, 09:46 AM
Raa Raa
The tune is very familiar. scratching my head on this.

In the anu pallavi when the female voice goes praaname needhi ra, it could've triggered off memories of the opening lines in Vizhiyum Vizhiyum from Sathurangam, except sung in higher notes.

RR
6th March 2005, 11:06 AM
Raa raa - Beautiful usage of raga surya.. Only IR has used it before (in 'isaiyarasi' - thaai moogaambigai). VS's usage gives a haunting touch (aptly). In Malayalam, 'asaveri' was used which probably inspired VS to pick a rare raga.
konja neram - could've been a nice song (raga: abhogi) if not for Asha bhonsle. Horrible pronunciation, much worse than Sadhana S.

Apart from these two, nothing much to talk about.

Guess_Me
6th March 2005, 11:12 AM
The song Devuda Devuda is a mix of VS' malayalam song "Maya Devanukku" from Chandranudikkunna Dhikkil, "Gilli" from Gilli and "Kodavai Meeshai" from Dhool.

Listen to "Maya Devanukku" from Chandranudikkunna Dhikkil
http://www.raaga.com/channels/malayalam/movie/M0000138.html

sad
6th March 2005, 11:51 AM
Devuda Devuda has the similar intro of BABA - Dippu Kumari... check it out

dinesh2002
6th March 2005, 12:31 PM
yea..both in punjabi style..but ill go for Dippu kumari... ARR - Vairamuthu.... music & lyrics r class!!

Piraachanna
6th March 2005, 01:18 PM
This is the best album since Kadhalar Dhinam
hats off 4 VS

Arjuna
6th March 2005, 03:46 PM
Devuda rocks!! Kokku para song is very good too!! But i think devuda is definitely better than dippu dippu - even though my ARR is GOD!! But VS is the best after our 'thalai' ARR!

dinesh2002
6th March 2005, 04:56 PM
no man...i think dippu dippu is better,it had the rajini punch,when u listen to the song ,u will know ...its rajini's title song,but this sounds more like a ajith or a vijay song....

dinesh2002
6th March 2005, 04:59 PM
This is the best album since Kadhalar Dhinam
hats off 4 VS

what?????????? :shock:

TISK
6th March 2005, 09:11 PM
'kootti kazhichchup paarunga, kaNakku yellaam sariyaa varum" [aNNAmalai]

Just visualize the Rajini magic , costumes, group filling the screen, locations-- these songs are sure to go on top! I am really exited to see that 'aatheendhom' song on the screen!
Definite hit!

Vaz
7th March 2005, 01:49 AM
Raa raa is a very good song but the 'lakka lakka...' bit is irritating!

Devuda is nice but the bangra beats gets tiring... there is also too much synth... When ARR uses synth it is different as it sounds cool but here...

Anyway on the whole good album but nothing special for a rajini movie... ARR always provided something special, unique.... Hope he gets back to ARR if he does any other movie.

TISK
7th March 2005, 01:54 AM
Next rajini movie will be IIR or YSR, definitely!!

jibi
7th March 2005, 03:50 AM
As a malayali VS listener i am very proud that he is done music for a great project... The movie chandramukhi is the remake of malayalam movie 'manichitrathaye'.. the song i liked the best is 'Ra Ra' the song is for the climax of the movie . In my opinion i think the album didn't produce the best work of VS... one song is 80% or heavily inspired from one of his classic hit in malayalam. 'Konjam neram' is heavily taken from 'kathirippu kanamani' sung by yesudas and chitra from the movie Krishnagudiyile oru pranayakalathe(1998)' ...

with the song devuda the orchestration is taken from a 2000 song..some of th e violin pieces are same ..

As a malayali we never got disappointed with VS ... His 3 movies are releasing march end-april ...I think he is at the best in kerala

I dunno why he didn't produce his best for a widely recognized project....

Vaz
7th March 2005, 04:12 AM
Regarding the "quality" of the songs I think that it is to have with the director...

Apart from 'Chinna Thambi' and the song 'amma endrazhaikatha...' P.Vasu didn't extract any real good songs... coz' I don't hold 'Love birds' as one of ARRs best efforts!

If you look at Sureshkrishna he did extract a baasha, an annamalai, a veera, a baba(i love it!), a sangamam...

Arunkumar
7th March 2005, 09:18 AM
Disppointing work by VS. Even the intro song for Madura starring vijay was good. The song Machaan peru madura was really foot tapping. The lyrics are also sub standard in quality. With Rajni flying kite and the song Kokku para para will be an utter nonsense to watch.

Dunno how people still stomach Prabhu. Whatever little chances of this movie Chandramukhi making it big in box office will be pulled down by Prbhu by his looks and mannerisms.

Cinefan
7th March 2005, 10:40 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13687512

Brand Rajni shines!

netfriend4u2005
7th March 2005, 12:41 PM
Good luck next time for Rajini. :-)

chanrai
7th March 2005, 02:36 PM
1. CM audio function report
http://www.rajinifans.com/cm_audio.asp

2. CM audio review come with few stills for each song. At least you
all can imagine how the song is going to be.
http://www.rajinifans.com/cm_audio_review.asp

3. 8 polls about CM songs
http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.php?usernum=2078722499

Cinefan
7th March 2005, 04:39 PM
http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2005/mar/07sld1.htm

Audio launch-Slide show.

slperson1
7th March 2005, 06:56 PM
Devuda Devuda opening reminds me of Baba and Muthu opening. except Devuda Devuda doesnt end up being a great song.

Raa Raa is the pick of the album,
followed by konjum neram but it sounds the same as an old song.
Koku Para is annoying.
The rest of the songs are average.
this is below average album by VS

Raghu
7th March 2005, 08:07 PM
Devuda rocks!! Kokku para song is very good too!! But i think devuda is definitely better than dippu dippu - even though my ARR is GOD!! But VS is the best after our 'thalai' ARR!

Yes, thanks to our greatest singer on earth, Dr.SPB ji 8) :wink:

7th March 2005, 11:03 PM
Next rajini movie will be IIR or YSR, definitely!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

m_23_bayarea
8th March 2005, 01:56 AM
The songs are really very good. I think most guys that say they're not are just trying to build a negative impression, which won't work. The audio has created record sales and the movie is sure gonna rock.....

Vaz
8th March 2005, 02:16 AM
The audio sales are just due to Rajini...
Nothing surprising... he still has a great fan following!

No matter audio sales figures, the songs are good but not great...

Ananoda pattu and kokku para are aweful!

Again nothing unique like Muthu, Padayappa or Baba.

vijayr
8th March 2005, 02:16 AM
Chandramukhi is further proof as to the non-existence of music sense when it comes to P.Vasu/Rajni, as I believe they are the ones who picked the tunes. Rajni's last wholesome album(containing something for everyone) was probably Veera which had around 11 songs including 2 that werent picturized. He benefitted from IR's benevolence. No one has since been able to capture the essence of a Rajni film with their music. Even Deva did better than some of Rajni's recent albums. Of course the initial sales will be good considering everyone has been waiting for 3 years. The songs are just average. And will someone please put Asha Bhonsle to rest? Why are our composers still enamored with her cracking voice when there is plenty of young talent around? Her pronunciation is an added bonus I believe.

ramdas2005
8th March 2005, 02:51 AM
Based on a review at indiaglitz, i listened to songs of CM.
1. The intro song is not great as i expected. There are way much better intro songs for rajini.
The one song i liked was raa raa song. All the other songs have recycled music from other md's.

Rajini is the strong point of cm but not the music, it is below average.

chanrai
8th March 2005, 10:51 AM
A good review from Indiaglitz.com
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7301.html

mohan kumar
8th March 2005, 12:41 PM
rajani haters are dumping the songs as not good . It is not agreat album. but not bad. times change. rajani is loosing out . still no one can replase him as super star.

Silva
8th March 2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry guys! This is the time for Rajini to payback the money to the Distributors again! :lol: No more discussion is appreciable on a Telugu Movie in TFM :) . Ramarajan had better taste in music than Rajini. What happened to the great Super Stupid Star? Why didn't he choose Vairamuthu for lyrics? He has to pay the price for that. Sorry Rajini & Vidyasagar ! Better luck next time if Rajini has some finance to contribute for his next movie after paying back.

kbee
8th March 2005, 07:27 PM
I am an online retailer and personally a kamal fan. I would like to say something here

1. Songs are not great, but after repeated listening, I like the songs

2. I am disappointed that the CD had 1 complete telugu song and few telugu words popping up now and then in between teh songs, but that gives an idea that Rajini (or Prabhu) is a telugu speaking person in the movie.

3. We sold more Chandramukhi CD than Boys CD. Does it mean it is better than boys? NO. It is sold because of Super Star

4. Rajini is still a super star and will always be, as long as he dont act in stupid movies like Amitabh did.

When VS scored music for Anbe Sivam, he had the freedom of expressing his music (ofcourse with in Kamal's boundary, since Kamal is also a music genius). However with Rajini, even though he had limitless boundaries (Rajini doesnt interfere in these normally), he was under pressure to deliver a mass song, and from that aspect he delivered the right music.

For the benefit of all Rajini fans, I do hope that Rajini will patch up with IR, because no one can understand what Rajini is than IR AND IR also need some support from various ppl in the industry. He was let down by all the people, except Kamal, and not using IR means wasting water in TamilNadu.

dinesh2002
8th March 2005, 07:34 PM
yea..but i think deva is the best for Rajini...its even said by ARRahman....Deva is the best for Rajini...he said he loved Batcha ... he dun dare compare his Muthu with Batcha album...

but i think after deva...ARR suits Rajini...then IR in the 3rd place...IR gives very sentimental tunes for rajini,which is not really suitable

btw...chandramuki sold more then boys??? ru kidding???u mean oeverall or only in ur onlien store?

kbee
8th March 2005, 07:46 PM
I am not sure about overall. I am talking about first week sales. We probably sold over 200 Boys CD on our site so far, but during first week we probably sold not more than 25. Chandramukhi is almost doubled in first 3 days, but it will never beat Boys, because it is still selling.

mellon
8th March 2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry guys! This is the time for Rajini to payback the money to the Distributors again! :lol: No more discussion is appreciable on a Telugu Movie in TFM :) . Ramarajan had better taste in music than Rajini. What happened to the great Super Stupid Star? Why didn't he choose Vairamuthu for lyrics? He has to pay the price for that. Sorry Rajini & Vidyasagar ! Better luck next time if Rajini has some finance to contribute for his next movie after paying back.

Seems to me u have become "new" hubber just to post this senseless crap!

ithu oru puzhaippu! :roll:

Arjuna
8th March 2005, 09:55 PM
Come on - the album is very good.. but I am just amused about how Jyothika is going to dance for Raa Raa :))

interz
8th March 2005, 11:39 PM
For a vidyasagar fan this is the greatest thing that happened to him (vidyasagar). HE has come up with tunes that says its vidyasagar songs:

melodious songs like "raa raa", "koncha neram", fast beat songs like "ah ah annanoda paattu", "devuda devuda".
A different song like "kokku para para" and sadly a copy song "athinthom" which reminds me of konchi konchi from Veera.

Though im proud of Vidyasagar has finally given music to superstar, never thought that would happen. :clap: :wave:

Arjuna
9th March 2005, 01:54 AM
Doesnt RAA RAA sound like some song from Salangai Oli - or is it the same raaga used?

Music4Ever
9th March 2005, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, is this all Vidyasagar can come up with in terms of mindblowing music? Really sad. I thought I was done with Appadi podu type of songs, but they have reared their ugly head once again. Some of the songs might stick after repeated hearings. However, there is this 'deja vu' feeling when you listen to most of the numbers. Really HJ and YSR would have done better for Chandramukhi. Now let us wait for Mumbai Express and Anniyan.

P.S. I thought I even heard a number from the age old pAyum puli in this album.

Silva
9th March 2005, 12:12 PM
mellon!
Father of TFM!

Vanakkam sir! Neenga Bilgates dhan! I think your business(?) is going on nicely. Have U born and brought up in this Hub? Sorry gentleman, I don't know this truth.

I am also a Rajini Fan and I am disappointed so much with this Audio. All Rajini fans may have this vibration. Its my personal opinion.

Indha pozappukku neenga Eurola pay pannineenganna I will be very happy.

Thanks for your comments EC!

Cinefan
9th March 2005, 03:42 PM
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/mar/09rajni.htm

Music review-says though not exceptional,will satisfy Rajni fans.

NagaS
9th March 2005, 03:46 PM
Asha bhonsle. Horrible pronunciation, much worse than Sadhana S.

:(( I also felt the same way when I listedn to this song - could've been better (but even w/o that, it didn't sound like a decent melody to me ... soemthing is lacking !)

NagaS

Cinefan
9th March 2005, 04:42 PM
Gave the album a hearing-was not at all impressed.I can't believe Vidyasagar has come up with pedestrian music for such a high profile project.there is a heavy influence of IR&ARR esp in the beats&choice of instruments but without their magical touch. he is surely more original& a better MD than this.

1)Annanoda pattu is a 'dappankuthu',suits the lowclass Vijay films more.

2)Anthithom sounds too IR-ish without the zing.

3)Devuda Devuda must be the most boring Rajni intro song in recent times though SPB is in good form here&the previous song.

4)Kokku Para Para is a boring song,nothing much to write about.

5)Konjam Neram is an OK melody with pretty average singing by Asha Bhonsle&Madhu Balakrishnan(Why does he sound so much like Yesudas?)

6)Raa Raa is a complete classical song which has a heard before feeling throughout.it's very soft&it will be interesting to see how Jyothika enacts the song.Again there is something missing in the song.

vjrag_ind
10th March 2005, 03:14 AM
Am I mistaken, or does the Athithom song remind you of songs from the movie Veera? (Kothu kothaa thongugira podalangaayku and aathula annakili)

Arunkumar
10th March 2005, 10:30 AM
Am sure Chandramukhi will be the worst flop in Rajni's Career. After all it was directed by Vasu (who has protrayed Prabhu as a person who enjoys marital life without knowing what "Mangalsutra" is all about in Chinnathambi). Vasu is not known for Technical Finnesse nor good screen play writer.

With average songs and poor quality lyrics the film is doomed. But Producer Prabhu is not Rajni to cough up few crores of rupees to the waiting loosers (Read Distributors). Asha Bhosles voice is irritating and not at all melodious. Kokku para para song is like a nursery school rhyme.

dinesh2002
10th March 2005, 06:26 PM
hahahhaha :lol: ...so true...but u know...i think the songs will become super hit when the movie releases...i think it def will do better job then Baba for sure.... but ofcource,Baba songs r class...but it didint appeal rajini's fan..i think this will suit them...whathca think?

RR
10th March 2005, 09:53 PM
'raa raa' is inspired...! Listen to the 'aptamitra' version (sung by nithyasree & rajesh):

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/18/s/movie_name.7397/

but notice the twist in the tamil version

jibi
11th March 2005, 03:32 AM
in my opinion nobody created the class song as they'r in malayalam..original original...

chanrai
11th March 2005, 09:49 AM
Getting good response from the fans and also the medias.

Another good review from Thatstamil.com
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/cassete-review/chandramukhi.html

Arunkumar
11th March 2005, 12:10 PM

hahahhaha ...so true...but u know...i think the songs will become super hit when the movie releases...i think it def will do better job then Baba for sure.... but ofcource,Baba songs r class...but it didint appeal rajini's fan..i think this will suit them...whathca think?

Dinesh : If you too listen to the songs 1000000 times like me in the car while travelling you may begin to like it even before the movie CM is released. ;).

prabu
15th March 2005, 02:29 AM
I agree, the songs are great disappointment..Hope they have atleast choreographed it well...

mellon
15th March 2005, 04:10 AM
What I knew are,

there is no Ilayaraja

there is no A R Rahman

and there is no Vairamuthu

So I did not anticipate the songs in CM are going to come out great as I did not have a great hope on Vidyasagar and I thought the songs may come out really bad. But Rajni did not make a mistake, the songs have come out really good for Rajni fans! Rajni could get his job done through Vidyasagar! The owner of "audio rights" has already made his money, I guess!

It is going to be a great thamizh new year for Super* and his fans! Better than ever, for sure! :)

However, it is going to be disappointing for others, unfortunately 8) May "the God" bless them :roll:

slperson1
15th March 2005, 04:52 AM
I agree, the songs are great disappointment..Hope they have atleast choreographed it well...

he might break a hip =P
hopefully sum of em are item numbers with pdeva and lawrence =)

mellon
15th March 2005, 05:05 AM
Check this out folks!

http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/cassete-review/chandramukhi.html

Check out "anu akkaa aunty" in Vikatan as well!

It will be disappointing to " others". May "the God" bless them! :roll:

Raghu
15th March 2005, 06:57 PM
Every reviews has honoured SPBji to the Core, so yet again

Dr.SPB saves the day 8) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Raghu
15th March 2005, 07:01 PM
Nalla Kaalam Nama Udit ji oru paatum padalapaa :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mellon
16th March 2005, 12:54 AM
How did u like, Raghu? As a Rajni fan, not as a SPB fan, tell me, Raghu :)

mexicomeat
16th March 2005, 05:55 PM
Annanoda Paatu is awesome
Devuda Devuda is ok. Thalaivar will lift the song, dont worry
Athinthom and Konja Neram are good
Kokku Para Para - not bad
Raa Raa - lyrics :(

Come on guys, its thalivar's film. VS has done more than what he had to do

Cinefan
17th March 2005, 11:24 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13695024

Is the comedy track lifted from various Malayalam films?

http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13694949&imgidx=1&gname=Chandramukhi&lid=

New stills from the film.

mellon
18th March 2005, 01:30 AM
Comedy tracks in Malayalam films are the best in India and has been the source and inspiration for many directors.

Yeah, even hollywood movies' comedy scenes are all inspired from "malayaalam movies"!

Nobody knows what comedy is all about but malayaalis, I suppose.

The movie has not even come out, these idiots already started bragging just after seeing few stills!!!

How great malayalam films and the comedy in those films blah blah blah. That is the best comedy!

This article must be written by a "keralite comedian" I suppose, as it sounds hilarious :roll: !

Raghu
18th March 2005, 02:07 PM
How did u like, Raghu? As a Rajni fan, not as a SPB fan, tell me, Raghu :)

Mellon Ji,

Pls reply to my mail, if possible, :D

as Rajni Fan I loved it esp the Devuda songs, and athithom and the one by Asha ji is awsome, the rest are OK.

besides, sincewhen super* films need great songs to be a blockbuster, Super* is a one man army, he does not need to rely on MD or Director 8)

Cinefan
18th March 2005, 04:17 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/13780.html

CM at the top of the charts.Definitely nothing to do with quality,it's Rajni's power at play.

prabu
18th March 2005, 09:37 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13695024

Is the comedy track lifted from various Malayalam films?

http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13694949&imgidx=1&gname=Chandramukhi&lid=

New stills from the film.

Looks like Guru-Shishya part II taken after 50 years :)

prabu
18th March 2005, 09:48 PM
as Rajni Fan I loved it esp the Devuda songs, and athithom and the one by Asha ji is awsome, the rest are OK.

I don't understand it....what part of Devuda song did your Rajni contribute? Lyrics/Music/singing/Instruments/Jalra/Cleaning music instruments/bringing Coffee to singers/etc [Read it like Manjal araithu kuduthaya]? Nothing to my knowledge..so why do you need to be Rajini fan to love this song?

mellon
18th March 2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks, Raghu!

Prabhu: I dont understand lot of things but others do. If I dont I would just let it go as I cant understand everything.

Here I DO UNDERSTAND what Raghu means. And I dont think one should justify why one LIKES GREEN and not BLUE. Hope you will at least understand what I mean here. Take care!

Cheers! :)

prabu
18th March 2005, 10:08 PM
And I dont think one should justify why one LIKES GREEN and not BLUE. Hope you will at least understand what I mean here. Take care!
:)
Raghu, i am not questioning his like. If i say I like Green because i like Coffee, you would question what coffee got anything to do with Green. I raised the same question..

By saying i like the song as a Actor fan, we are belittling the MD & music artists effort here..

mellon
18th March 2005, 10:11 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/13780.html

CM at the top of the charts.Definitely nothing to do with quality,it's Rajni's power at play.

Beautiful Stills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super* and aNNan magan* cambo rOcks in Chandramukhi

Thanks to you Cinefan and Prabu! :)

Raghu
18th March 2005, 11:08 PM

I don't understand it....what part of Devuda song did your Rajni contribute? Lyrics/Music/singing/Instruments/Jalra/Cleaning music instruments/bringing Coffee to singers/etc [Read it like Manjal araithu kuduthaya]? Nothing to my knowledge..so why do you need to be Rajini fan to love this song?

First of all dude, get your facts right, I am greater fan of Dr.SPB then comes the greatest super star Rajni, Devuda song on Musical notes wise is average, but given the Musical Genius sings it, it is bound to please even gnana sooniyums :wink: , and stop calling Rajni as my rajni :evil: , he is not related to me nor is he my friend, but in the entertainment world he is a genius,no joker can deny this fact, he is by far the most Charismatic actor ever on indian screen, not even MGR(better suits Circus jobs) or amitabh bachan, can come near super star 's charisma, when average MD's like Deva can give a Super hits like Annamali/Baasha, did people go and buy it because it had Deva as an MD, no pal, it was all because of the super star

Raghu
18th March 2005, 11:20 PM
Chandramughi is selling like hot cakes in UK, many Tamizh retailers are out of stock, Chandramughi posters are displayed every where in London, beating all the latest Bollywood Releases.

still no posters on our kamal ji's M.Express, or Vijay's Thirupatchi, were these two entertainers insane to release their movies on the same day as chandramughi :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: ,

c sify.com, 4 further info

so dear Non-Rajni fans, no other entertainers can create the fever/havoc / hype as Super*'s Movies. :lol:

dinesh2002
19th March 2005, 08:42 AM
hey hi .. just saw BABA movie again yesterday .... i think th movie is great man....the songs,BGM by ARR is def the + points..... the songs just suits the story & sounds so good!!the baba theme is so suitable for BABAji...i dunno y the movie actually floped,it had good jokes by goundamni... i sriously felt the BABA songs r def much much better for Rajini rather then chandrmuki...wht u Rajini fans say??? im not tellign this coz im ARR hardcore fan..but dippu dippu kumar's intro is just so nice for the scene & it gives power man!!great lyrics by Vairamuthu...... hope ARR-VM-Rajni wors again!

TISK
20th March 2005, 12:06 AM
Will the admins ask these warring people to take their fight elsewhere and leave this thread of these nonsensical postings! I think we are all matured and cultured people here. Please act like grown-ups and post with some decency and decorum.
yaarukkaagavO naama yEn adichchukkaNum?
vidunga, please!
PEACE!!

Mod msg: Digression & offensive posts deleted. Pls stick to the topic. For tamil films related discussion, go to Tamil Films forum.

TISK
20th March 2005, 05:29 AM
Did you all notice?
Probably this must have been the first film in recent Rajini films where his film title[CM] is not figuring in any of the songs, leave alone the title song!

Raghu
23rd March 2005, 05:54 PM
Athithom.

Tops the chart in UK, while devuda in Second. Album 'RAM@ is in the second place after CM.

SPB at his best in Athithom.

CM Stills are being telecasted in UK tamil Televisions, along with the trailers of Sachin, the main attractin of Sachin would be Bipashu Basu :wink: :wink: :lol:

mellon
23rd March 2005, 09:05 PM
Hi Raghu!

It is amazing to see how these guys come up some super lines for super* moives 8)

Paanju paRakkiRa pattam!
ithu pattaiya kiLappuRa pattam!
ithu super* pattam! :)

TISK
23rd March 2005, 10:05 PM
idhu... idhu.. idhu....idhiththaan yedhir paaththEn.... indha route-liyE pOnga Mellon! romba nallaa irukku!!!!
:-)

Arjuna
23rd March 2005, 10:15 PM
I totally agree with Raghu - Rajni rulz in UK..Songs are a rage..VS has proved once again that he is the best after ARR!!

mellon
23rd March 2005, 11:51 PM
aNNanOda paattu aattum pOdudA-la intha "aNNan" yaaruppA????? :)

Would Rajni join here from "ippudu choodu" onwards???

Any idea?? Wild guesses ?? :?

------------

TISK: I understood ur point. But sometimes things get complicated in this forum :)

TISK
24th March 2005, 11:51 PM
Enjoy this "all-in-one" treat!!
http://sify.com/specials/movies/chandramukhi/index.php

TISK
24th March 2005, 11:55 PM
Some more!!

"Says Sanjay Wadhwa of AnAK Audios who are marketing the Chandramukhi audio: “At a time when audio market is at an all time low, the kind of reception that we got is overwhelming. We had manufactured only 1,50,000 cassettes and 30,000 CD’s, but by Sunday evening all the dealers wanted more stock by Monday!"

It is obvious that the audio is selling like hot cakes on the brand equity of Rajnikanth. At Chennai’s Music World 437 cassettes and 227 CD’s were sold on the first day! Compare this with the number one audio on the chart that has sold only 572 cassettes and 147 CD’s in 32 days after its music launch!

Rajnikanth is truly a phenomenon. He has not lost an iota of his mass fan base and is still the number one by a mile.

kbalaji
25th March 2005, 04:33 PM
Chandramukhi Teaser is OUT!! And its brilliant!!

Check out
http://www.chandramukhithefilm.com/trailer.html

interz
25th March 2005, 06:42 PM
thanks for the links

hope chandramukhi will be another hit movie for rajnikanth and co.

mellon
25th March 2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks folks!

nanRigaL pala, TISK and Balaji :)

Check this out:

This is the most viewed thread in the current topics section! :lol:

Super * rocks!!!!!!!!!!

TISK
28th March 2005, 01:01 AM
Rajini's release strategy!!
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13702368

Cinefan
28th March 2005, 05:07 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/moviegallery/7301.html

Lots of stills.

TISK
28th March 2005, 10:37 PM
Point to note!!
It is 'ChanDHIramukhi' and not 'ChanDra mukhi'!!

MumbaiRamki
28th March 2005, 11:47 PM
http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050327114115&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

Gilly sold 1 lakh audio cassets ???- Well ,tamizh naate antha andvaan kuda kapatha mudiyathu !!!!!!!!

Just for a digression ,-if Bollywood esp Mahesh Bhatt has taken this movie chandramukhi ....

Rajni ,Prabhu are friends .....Rajni loves Nayantara ..Prabhu loves Jothika ..Both these couples meet and play Kite ...AT that time ,there is asong where Prabhu has akind of illegal affair with Nayantara ..Both Jothika and Rajni don't like it .....

At this time ,Vadivel is murdered - an investigation comes up .They find that Vadivel had an illegal affair with Nayantar's sister and hence Nayantara had aplan to murder vadivel .

Nayantaara is arrested .Rajni come sin to prove the case is wrong .( Sorry Rajni Fans ) Rajni pretends to have an illegal affair with Jothika ,finds out the secret .Meanwhile there is an attempt to murder Rajni ,rajni successfully thwrts it .

In the climax ,there is a song called Ra ra .....Jothika sends soem encypted messag ein telugu to Prabhu ..Rajni identifies that and fin ds out that both Prabhu -Jothika have conspire dto murder Vadivel .Why ?

This is beause 5 years ago ,prabhu had an illegal affair with Nayantar's sister -Jothika had an illegal affair with Vadivel .Now Prabhu murders Nayantar's sister .Since Vadivel also had an affair with Nayantara's sister ,Prabhu and jothika join togetehr to kill him ...

THIS IS TEH STORY of
chandramukhi ..FACELESS LOVE .......

Thanks god ,this film is directed by P.Vasu !!-Hope this is aclean entertainer like padayappa !!!!

mellon
31st March 2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050327114115&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

Well, the bottomline is the "guy" who invested his money on "audio rights" of Rajni's CM will make the profit.

Just for a digression ,-if Bollywood esp Mahesh Bhatt has taken this movie chandramukhi

Thanks god ,this film is directed by P.Vasu !!-Hope this is aclean entertainer like padayappa !!!!

My feeling is that this movie, CM, is going to be better than BABA but worse than Padayappa as for commercial success is concerned. As for critics, it would be better than Arunachalam but worse than veera and Muthu. Keep your fingers crossed super * fans!

Let us count down from today, folks! 14-days to go folks!

8) In Chandrmukhi Super* goes "yAmirukka bayam yEan"? :) 8)

m_23_bayarea
5th April 2005, 02:22 AM
Super Dooper hit for Rajinikanth.....The sales and collections of CM album is standing testimony to his brand image. Even if the movie is average, there's no stopping him. And I'm sure it won't be as disappointing as Baba....

NormalMan
5th April 2005, 03:42 AM
Listen to these 2. Do you find any similarities. I find a lot !!

1. Kaasi - "maanu tholu undu"
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000389.html

2. Chandramukhi - "Athithom"
http://oosai.com/movie.cfm?mvid=558&mvnm=Chandramuki

aruld
6th April 2005, 04:49 PM
A Couple of more striking similarities between Athinthom and couple of IR songs. Listen to the following and be suprised :-)

1. Film: Chinna Thayee - Song: Kootayai Vittu Velaiyavarum Chudalai

2. Film: Nadoodi Pattukaran (*ing Karthik) - Song: Vanamellam Chenbaka Poo

TISK
6th April 2005, 08:49 PM
""A CLEAN ENTERTAINER""

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13710277

Way to go CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arjuna
7th April 2005, 01:52 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7301.html

akumar
7th April 2005, 09:14 AM
Show Times:
Fri, April 15th 8:30, 10:30 PM
Sat, April 16th 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00, 10:00 PM
Sun, April 17th 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00, 10:00 PM
Mon, April 18th 8:30 PM
Tue, April 19th 8:30 PM
Wed, April 20th 8:30 PM
Thu, April 21st 8:30 PM

Theater :
Cine Plaza 13
Pathmark Plaza
2115 69th Street
North Bergen NJ 07047
Phone: 201-854-2700
ShowTimes & Direction: 201-868-6565
* For more information about the screening and latest updates visit http://www.elite-vision.com or email toinfo@elite-vision.com
* Book your tickets online today at http://www.elite-vision.com

Raghu
7th April 2005, 02:55 PM
The trailers look superb, simple yet very effective!

It is widely telecasted in UK tamil TVs.

Vartaa

Basha Basha

Raghu
11th April 2005, 05:45 PM
CM is still topping the Chart, stiff competition from RAM,

The songs topping the charts From CM are

1) Athithom
2) Devuda
3) Ra Ra

I have a feeling that, Devuda will be no1, once the film is released.

TISK
11th April 2005, 10:24 PM
Read this visual treat!! [Colorful photos included!]

"Rajini-nnaa rajini-thaan" !!!!!

What more proof you need to accept the fact that Rajini is a Phenomenon!!

TISK
11th April 2005, 10:24 PM
OOPS!! Forgot the link in the excitement!!

Read this visual treat!! [Colorful photos included!]

"Rajini-nnaa rajini-thaan" !!!!!

What more proof you need to accept the fact that Rajini is a Phenomenon!! http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13714250&imgidx=1&gname=Chandramukhi+advance+booking&lid=1&gord=A&view=

TISK
11th April 2005, 10:27 PM
And, read what Mr.Ramkumar, the producer has to say!

Again, "Rajini-nnaa, rajini-thaan"!!!
[idhuvE nalla punch-dialogue-aa irukku!]

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

vijayr
11th April 2005, 11:18 PM
TISK, are you promoting Chandramukhi or TIS? :-)

TISK
11th April 2005, 11:47 PM
With this new changes in the format after the Forum split, it is not allowing me to post in two different names!
Previously I was using SSSSAV for TiS and TISK for other posts, but now..... it is only TISK!!!!!
naama yenna paNRadhu...?
yellaam kaalaththin kattaayam!!
:-))!!!!!!!
YIA!
[yellaam iRaivan aruL!]
"raajaannaa raajaathaan"
"rajininnaa rajinithaan"

Both are [TbI and CM] kuRinji malarkaL![rare events!]
pookkum pOdhu nugara vENdiyadhu namma vElai!!

BTB, naan Sivaaji fan kooda!

Raghu
12th April 2005, 02:47 PM
Friends,

Ayngharan International are showing CM,and Sachin in UK Cinemas, CM priced very high

Normal seat £15 = Rs 1400
Balcony seats £20= Rs 1600
Children Seats £10= Rs 800

while Sachin

Noram seat £10=Rs 800
Balcony seats £15= Rs 1600
Children Seats £5= Rs 800

and no talk of ME, CM will def make huge price, if they sell tickets at this rate.

No sign of ME yet

Raghu
12th April 2005, 05:44 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?id=13714410&cid=2408

Adra Super Star RuZZZZZZZ :D

m_23_bayarea
12th April 2005, 11:26 PM
I'm ecstatic to see how well the CM audio has done in the market. I really really hope the movie does the same way at the Box-office...Rajini rocks !!

alias
13th April 2005, 01:40 AM
What a cheaters Ayngarans are? Profit makers. People shoudl stop going to cinema and instead watch on thirutu vcd. If these are the prices imagine who will watch this. they can buy the DVD of this movie and watch ti on big screen. In US, it is currently priced at 11$ which is really high for a movie.

mellon
13th April 2005, 02:36 AM
Friends,

Ayngharan International are showing CM,and Sachin in UK Cinemas, CM priced very high

That sounds like a "rip-off" Raghu! :shock:

How the heck anybody can afford such a high price?

A family of four had to spend 60-80 bucks to watch CM?!

Hope u guys dont become "bankrupt" due to CM :lol:

interz
13th April 2005, 04:40 PM
any one can tell me why ayngaran writes not for sale in india on their products???

Raghu
13th April 2005, 05:46 PM
Friends,

That sounds like a "rip-off" Raghu! :shock:

How the heck anybody can afford such a high price?

A family of four had to spend 60-80 bucks to watch CM?!

Hope u guys dont become "bankrupt" due to CM :lol:

Mellon Kannu

I am so tempted to watch CM in Cinema, as I ONLY watch super* films in Cinema :D

but the price is scaring me a bit :(

mohan02
13th April 2005, 06:57 PM
Very Sad!!!

Chandramugi is going to be a great disappointment for Rajini Fans. Just came back from 1730 hrs show in Singapore. Exact remake of Manichitrathazhu, starring Mohanlal. Rajini has tried his best to fit in the story and impress.....sadly and simply no scope in screenplay for Rajini the SuperStar.....P.Vasu and gang need to be hanged for wasting away another rare chance to use Rajini to his full and proper potential......sure flop.....

TISK
13th April 2005, 06:59 PM
I agree that the price is high but for those in UK and USa , I want to remind them that the Western world is built around 'brand names' and "franchises' and the same T-Shirt which costs $6 will be sold for 26.95 if it carries Tommy Hilfigre's name and may be more if it represents a local University which has won the NCAA championship recently.
My friend is running a Screen Printing shop and got the order for 25000 T-Shirts following UNC's National College championship last week and were sold for $20 while the actual cost was less than $6!!
What I am trying to say is these kind of price hike for brand names is common here and nothing to be lamented about.
You must also remember that Aingaran must have paid a higher price for a fewer prints for CM and he has tobreak even within his means before seeing any profit.
In fact, my other Friend, Chuck Chockalingam who is a US distributor for Tamil movies [he is releasing ME for your info!] always tells me that movies like Padaiyappa and CM are the life sources for them, not to make a profit but to offset past losses from all those other crap movies!

So, just enjoy the show and lets all have a good time!
Go CM!
Go ME!
Go sachib!
Go SevvEl !!

TISK
13th April 2005, 07:00 PM
sachin!!not sachib!! Typo!
::--}}

mellon
13th April 2005, 08:01 PM
Very Sad!!!
Just came back from 1730 hrs show in Singapore..

romba feel paNNaathInga, please? :)

Raghu
13th April 2005, 09:07 PM
Melon

Have you seen CM yet, if so, please tell me how the movie was :)

thanks in advance

jeeves
14th April 2005, 06:57 AM
For those who wanted to read CM review go to
http://halwacity.blogspot.com/2005/04/blog-post_14.html

balaji
14th April 2005, 05:16 PM
Telugucinema.com gives 'Thumbs down' to Chandrmucki.
Mumbai Express gets a 'FLAT THUMB"

Bala

TISK
14th April 2005, 05:49 PM
Sify review-- so so ! Watchable!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?cid=2429

Raghu
14th April 2005, 05:59 PM
Sify had similar comments when Baba was released!

If it is a ghost related film, does it have the effects of the film 'Shock', if so, I am a bit scared to see it in the Cinema :oops:

uv
14th April 2005, 06:17 PM
Rediff says the movie is a sure hit

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/apr/14chandra.htm

CM is getting postivie reviews so far, looks like Jyothika outperform RK in every scene :wink:

check their review.

Any review of ME?

ramdas2005
14th April 2005, 06:43 PM
Hi folks,
After all these days of hype,
CM has been getting mixed reviews, the reviews have not been flattering.
idlebrain.com 2.75/5
telugucinema.com thumbs down
sify.com - watchable
rediff - hit (but more like jothika's film than rajini)

All of these sites mention about the fact that screenplay and narration is haphazard. It is the climax which has a suspense element, in fact rediff said jothika outperfomed rajini. i was not flattered by rediff review, it just seem to skim the surface. sify.com mentioned about rajini not lighting up the screen like before and also looking aged in some scenes.

mellon
14th April 2005, 07:10 PM
Come on, it says CERTAIN HIT!

What else one wants??????????

Way to go Super*!!!!

Raghu
14th April 2005, 08:04 PM
It is said that Superb Star has huge fans following in Japan, what in Millions or Hundreds of Thousands :? :? :?

TISK
14th April 2005, 09:43 PM
Initial reports from Chennai quite encouraging!
Fans, who mainly saw this movie on the first day are very pleased as compared to Baba and they say that "Thalaivar is back!"
Appears to be a decent family enetertainer whn compared to ME and S!
Good beginning!

vijayr
14th April 2005, 10:36 PM
TISK, no word yet on TIS. Any reports on its release today?

TISK
15th April 2005, 03:39 AM
Pl. watch for my posting in another 8 hrs in the TiS thread!
YIA!!

TISK
15th April 2005, 08:53 AM
Here is the Rediff verdict!
"After Rajnikanth's previous release Baba, which was a disaster, Chandramukhi is a certain hit. The star will be happy, his fans will be happy and producer Prabhu will giggle all the way to the bank."

p.s. Vijayr, I am unable to get in touch with fr. Will keep trying and will definitely give an update on TbI shortly! Pl. excuse me. YIA!!

TISK
15th April 2005, 09:25 AM
See TiS thread for an update!
YIA!!

vijayr
15th April 2005, 07:27 PM
TISK, saw the update, Thanks!

TISK
15th April 2005, 08:05 PM
BORROWED WITH THANKS FROM ANOTHER {ME} THREAD!!!

"............but some of my freinds who are ardent fan of Kamal-IR have also commented that the movie is Ok only not that great.
But CM is sure to be a blockbuster IMHO. It was clean movie with all ingredients in perfect proportion garnished with the Mass Charishma of Rajini......"

Thanks again!

Raghu
15th April 2005, 08:12 PM
TISK,

Have you seen CM yet, if so please post your unbiased view?

many thanks

MumbaiRamki
15th April 2005, 08:24 PM
TISK ,

nenga rajni fan a ???
SO far this is the score as far as the reviews for both the movies .The public opinion may be different.

Very Good ,Good ,OK , Avereage ,Bad Scale

ChandraMukhi

rediff -Good
sify - OK
indiaGlitz -Ok
Galatta-Very Good

MumbaiXpress

Indiafm- Good
rediff- OK
sify-Good (replica of indiafm)
telugucinema-Good
Fullhyderabad-Good
IndiaGlitz- Very Good

TISK
15th April 2005, 08:48 PM
I will be seeing CM only by next week as it is coming to our city by then. In the meantime, pl. read my review for BABA and let me know if you still need a review from me!!:-)

[http://www.tfmpage.com/forum/3223.19.00.52.html]

"the much awaited[??????????!!!!!!!!!!]......... BABA review !

[paatthavangalukkum, paakaadhavangalukkum sErtthu !!!]

[konjam neeeeeeLamaa yirukkum, sorry!]

oru naasthikan, aasthikanaaga maarum pOdhu avan anubavittha sila uNarvugalai, avane solla, avane padam yedutthu, avane naditthaal yeppadi yirukkum ? adhuthaan yindha padam.

matra padangaL yellaam padam yedukka vEndum yenbatharkkaagavum, panam pannuvadharkkaagavum mattume yedukka paduginrana.

aanaa, yindha Baba padam, oru thavippai, neram kadandhu pOgudhe, yinnum oNNume pannaliye, appadingara thavippai, [exam hallule test mudiyaradhukku 10 nimisham yirukkumpOdhu yinnum paadhi kELviku badhil yezhudhama yirukkira student nelamaile,] veLippadutthara oru padamaa yenakku theriyudhu.

yindha kadhaiyai karpanai paatthurangalaa ulava vittaalum, adhu muzhukka muzhukka Rajniyoda kadhai.

oru saadhaarana aalu;

adhirshtam dhideernu adikkudhu;

kekaradhukke aalu yillaama thari kettu Odaraan;

yidhellaam oru anugrahamnu theriyalla avanukku;

yellaam thannOda thiramaithaannu nenaikkiraan;

kadavuLOda aasi oru Babaji moolamaa kidaikudhu;

7 thadavai yidhu onakku palikkumnu oru manthiratthai kudukkiraaru;

adhai yedutthukkittu vandhu, nambikkai yillaama andha Samiyaiye, andha manthiram moolamaa sodhiccu paakka aarambikkiraan!

yeppadi !? mela parakkira pattam yen kaikku varanumnu onnu, appuram andha pattam yen madi melaye thaanaa okkaaranumnu onnu, oru azhagaana Ramyaa Krishnan vandhu 'time yenna'nnu kekkanumnu onnu, friends yellaam sendhu thoondi vittu oru 10 laksham panam venumnu onnu, yippadi oru 4 thadavai waste pannaraan.

Friends, just think, God's grace is abundant and HE gives us all so much and how much we waste in mundane things instead of using it for our spiritual upliftment?!

It is so true and that's what happens to our hero also.

By the time he realizes[here, he is made to realize by his uncle who is fed up with him by this time!] he is left with only a few and uses them in good deeds .

And, he now understands the secret of happiness which is within you and in what you do selflessly.

And, Baba promises him that whatever he chooses, whether to do it alone in himalayas or in the midst of people, as long as it is for your spiritual progress, He will guide him fully.[remember the message-tftd- Sridhar sent to us last week which said the same thing?].

And now, he returns to the masses who need him.

Folks, this is totally a different movie .

If you go looking for Rajni's usual gimmicks, you'll be dissappointed.

If you watch this movie as you do with any other regular Tamil movie , then again, you'll be dissappointed.

People who follow a spiritual path and DO BELIEVE in that path ,.......... not for their personal favors, money, position, etc, but for real grace .............. will be able to appreciate what Rajni is trying to convey.

If you are one of those majority who believe that movie is not a media to say these things and a movie should only be a form of entertainment, then this is definitely not your type of movie.

An artist conveys thru his art; a painter by his painting; a poet by his lyrics; a sculptor by his sculptures and so on and on.

Rajni is an actor.

He found out a truth.[or so he thought.]

He wanted to share it with his people.

He only had this media of reaching out.

That too, at the fag end of his carreer.

minji minji pOnaa, yinnum rendu moonu padam panninaa jaasthi.

yellaatthukkum sErtthu oru padtthile soliyirukkaaru

And he did a fairly satisfactory job in doing so without much compromising.

I do not speak for Rajni nor try to promote this movie.

It is already a flop in TN.

This writing is not going to change that outcome.

As he tried his media of communication I am trying to reach out to my own people of what I feel and think of this movie.

I only appeal to you to see this movie from this viewpoint and let me know if you agree with me or not.

That's all !

As I said yesterday at the Study circle, "Faith starts when logic stops".

Hope it makes sense.

Pl. comment.

modhalliye apology kEttaacchu.... for a long mail... marupadiyum....sorry.

mellon
15th April 2005, 09:13 PM
I think the fact is all the three are average and not a flop.

CM will cross 100 days at least in 20+ theatres. I dont know anout other movies.

RK movie never received any great critical acclaim. Even Padayappa scored just 45 in AV review.

These reviews are good enough for CM to succeed! 8)

vatsa400
16th April 2005, 12:18 AM
Chandramukhi Review
--------------------

Story

Compared to all other recent Rajni movies, there is a decent story line... unfortunately, the story does not suit Rajni. I could imagine Mohanlal doing this. Because this is a story that is unusual for Rajni. Anyone expecting Rajni's heroism should clear all these thoughts before watching the movie. Hardcore Rajni fans may not enjoy it fully.

Screenplay and Direction

Again this is altered by Ulta mannan (P. Vasu) from the original for Rajni I guess. Some of the dialogues and scenes sometime made it look like a cross between an amman and Rajni movie (probably the graphics made it look like amman movie). Except for the climax and the some 15 mins to the interval, the movie is usual. Some of the scenes are very old way of narration and some nenja nakking scene interspersed.

Cinematography

Song picturisations are surprising, but the situations are dumb. Some of the camera angles show Rajni is aging and some of his vintage mannerisms look bad. Otherwise the cameraman has done a decent job

Actors

Rajni is not a big factor in this movie, in the same sense he would be in other movies. He has done some stuff which are Rajniish and also compromised on other situations. In these scenes you might laugh even if its a serious scene. Rajni has done a decent job.

Prabhu has done a decent job, except when he cries in one of the scene, it makes you laugh than being serious (probably because of the scenes and dialogues leading to it)

Actresses

This seems more like a Jyothika's movie than a Rajni's. That says it all. She has done differently and done a good job. (Shobana in the malayalam original would have done a great job I guess). Nayanathara is just done her bit of playing second fiddle to Jyothika.

Comedy

The most hyped part of Chandramukhi. Its enjoyable in few scenes. But many are predictable. You would not see the movie for comedy only for sure. I was surprised by some double meaning ones (more on the explicit side) in the movie that too by Rajnikanth. Otherwise, its decent but predictable and repititive with no surprise element.

Music

Except for two songs others are typical Rajni songs. BGM is decent at times and sometimes sounded like a Home Alone BGM for Chandramukhi.

Overall

Rajni could have spent some more time choosing the right type of movie for a super hit. This movie not a very good customization of "Mana Chitra Thazhu" for Rajni. I would not say this will be a hit. I will not be surprised if it runs well given Rajni has not made a movie for years and this is 100 times better than Baba.

lakalakalakakalaka (ennanennu yosikiringala ... velli thiraiyil kanga).

Vatsa

TISK
16th April 2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks Vatsa!
andha 'lakkalakkalakka'... adhaan andha thelungu paatula varudhe, adhaane!!
Hehehee!

mellon
16th April 2005, 01:53 AM
Check out Cinesouth for CM review, folks!

prabhudas
16th April 2005, 06:29 AM
I am not a regular Tamil Film reviewer ( I have probably posteed only on two or three movies - kannathil Muthamittal, Kutti and Kadal Pookal, in the 8 year long irregularly regular participation in TFM forum), well I happened to watch the much awaited "CM" yesterday here in NY, Surprisingly the entire crowd was probably less than 50 people , may be because it was on a thursday, (aduleyeum niraiya namma pillaiyar Kovil archagar families 3 , 4 irundhandhu).
I am not a greatest fan of Rajini's usual masala movies since the late 80's except if it had lot of comedy element ( many will agree Rajini has a sort of peculiar style of comedy although not in all his movies). It is after 16 years I watched Rajini movie in a theatre ( last one I saw in theatre was Pankkaran in Bangalore 1989).
I am writing my impression in a reverse order,
Movie will probably do well in Box office way better than Baba, particularly among women and family viewers this is my prediction (knowing Tamil viewers liking for Rajini) but not a wish because this movie is just a better "Crappola" than "Baba" ( I didn't see Baba fully as I just couldn't sit thro' beyond 15 minutes)
The movie is so ...so dragging, I saw " Manichitrataazhu" more than a decade ago, couldn't recollect very well , except for Shobhana's great acting, as many know, CM is the altered but very poor version ( It's surprising how the Kananda version " aptamithra" became such a big hit heading towards a 1 year run in Bangalore)
This movie is definitely not a movie for either hardcore Rajini fans nor for others who go to watch some typical comedy , punchline dialogues, mannersims of him in his own inimitable style.
Rajini is totally wasted, he has no scope whatsoever, his fights are the usual one with graphics mix on a ageing physical body, comedy was total absurd with cheap to gallery kind with Vadivelu except in one or two sequences ( Vadivel, one of the talented comedians is at his worst and wasted despite his great expressions in the scenes where he runs with scare, his every other movie with all other actors in recent times were way better)
The only solace in the movie is Rajini the climax part getup and expressions with the trademark " lakalakalakalaka...lakalakalalka" ( I just freeked out... reminded me his early film villany mannersims ..the parattai kind, absolutely inimitable Rajini it was too cool) I wish he does better roles in future with better story lines other than masala and action something suiting his age and serious given his great acting potential)

Story and narration, pathetic with the mix of psychaitry and unbelievable myths ( total half baked attempt)
Heroines, Jyothika has done well , but it didn't really impact as the narration is so poor, dragging and predictable, Nayantara, many of you can predict even with out watching that her role is just a filler.
Prabhu, nothing absolutely even worth mentioning, just because it was his home production this was his role if not probably "sharath babu" or some lesser known would have done that.

Worst thing I didn't expect was Nasser's role, another big waste.

Technical crew,
Photography was ok, Art Direction by Thotta Dharani is nice, Music:average and a big disappointment , BGM is below average, Direction: it's a disgrace

My impression is that the movie is below average but way better than that highly nauseating poorly talented Vijay's movies ( I haven't seen his movies todate in a theatre and only three movies I saw was on TV all with IR's music),
now getting ready to watch kamal's "ME"

Prabhudas

kbee
16th April 2005, 08:54 AM
It's surprising how the Kananda version " aptamithra" became such a big hit heading towards a 1 year run in Bangalore
This is not surprising. Kannada film industry is what Tamil industry was in mid 80s. So these kind of film will run there easily. Whats surprising is the fact that Rajini selected this movie and on top of that P Vasu, who is totally outdated with current Tamil movie trends. The minute CM was announced, I predicted that it will be a flop, just because of P Vasu. Ofcourse it will run due to Rajini factor (Rajini always wins!) but its going to be a difficult win, since MX is doing good (ppl outside the theaters waiting for next show were literally counting the no. of time they hear loud laugh).

I wish he does better roles in future with better story lines other than masala and action something suiting his age and serious given his great acting potential

Its a bitter truth. Its going to be a "Himalayan" task for rajini to give another success. The simple reason is what Satyaraj conveyed in Maha Nadigan. Since it is very clear that Rajini is not going to be in politics, he can not make those movies where he portray himself as a very common man, emerging from nothing to a great leader. All rajini movies after Thalapathi are circled around him being very poor and eventually making out big in life/politics. He probably can do it again, but the taste of the audiances are different.

My impression is that the movie is below average but way better than that highly nauseating poorly talented Vijay's movies
Please dont compare Rajini with Vijay. Vijay is what Rajini was when he was a bus conductor (I mean nothing)

Having said all these, my prediction for next rajini movie. Its going to be a Raaj Kamal production and going to be a comedy movie.

prabhudas
16th April 2005, 01:20 PM
Kbee,
Kannada film industry is no better than Tamil film industry is known especially with technical advances in tamil films, if at all Kannada is better it is actually in last few years trying to do better technically also and remakes from kannada to other languages was a big no in the past due to poor movies again it is only in the last few years quite a few movies are being made in Telugu and Tamil ( although even these are nothing but "crappola"), there is news that actually Rajini is planning his next movie a remake of another kannada movie of Shivrajkumar (another overrated actor son of Rajkumar)"Rakshasa" the same old honest cop taking revenge ( I hope Rajini doesn't end up with that)
Current Kannada film is like 80's tamils.... are you serious about this statement... I wish currrent Tamil movies are like 80's Tamil film, current Tamil films in this century (Y2K onwards) are total BS ( Gilli, Dhool, Saami, Thiruppachi... same old non sense ingeyum adhe nilamai daan)
I am in no way comparing Rajini to Vijay that will be a wild joke for people to laugh from the other end of our body, I am saying the movie is better than the umpteen Vijay's movies but in reality because of the poor taste of most imbeciles in TN the Box Office is the one comparing them not me.
On the other hand whenever there is a slightly differently handled movies made in Tamil by both veterans ( such as MR, Kamal) and some newcomers the acceptance is becoming extremely low to average with reluctance both in this forum and in TN, the funniest thing is the undeterred arguements by some Dfers here about MR and Kamalhasan as overhyped and over rated technicians and pointing all the time about them copying/ lifting stuff from other foreign movies is just pathetic, I always wonder what these people are trying to convince or what do they consider as gold standard for comparision in Tamil and criticising them so badly as if they either watch only English movies or stay as poor losers watching the mundane movies by some hopeless movie makers( a whole bunch in Tamil and Hindi including the clueless lucky guy Subhash Ghai) of India.

God save these poor fans

Prabhudas

Arjuna
16th April 2005, 01:28 PM
Chandramukhi is a smash hit world wide!! Rajini again proves that he is the greatest star on this history of TFM along with our puratchi thalaivar MGR!

TISK
16th April 2005, 10:14 PM
CLEAR WINNER BY A MILE!!!!
Go CM!!!!!!!!!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13718919

vem
17th April 2005, 09:22 AM
my review:
CM is one of the best Tamil movies I have seen in the past 5 years............

Great acting by SuperStar and Jyothika !!!

vibinrajmani
17th April 2005, 01:03 PM
my review:
CM is one of the best Tamil movies I have seen in the past 5 years............

Great acting by SuperStar and Jyothika !!!

U must be joking right?

kbee
17th April 2005, 07:56 PM
Kbee,
I wish currrent Tamil movies are like 80's Tamil film
80s movies are like the ones that I am talking about - some one rape sister/wife/mother and hero taking revenge type of stories, which no longer exists in Tamil industry, except S A Chandrasekar movies (from 80s till now including Sukran)

Other reason why our 80s movies seems better now is purely because of IR. Even some of the below average movie was made good by IR (can give 100s of example). So 80s movies - IR is what Kannada industry is now (even then IR score for some Kannada movies)

Tamil films in this century (Y2K onwards) are total BS ( Gilli, Dhool, Saami, Thiruppachi... same old non sense ingeyum adhe nilamai daan)

Completely agree, but like you mentioned, the Box Office is controlled by young audiances who want fast beat songs and heroine showing their "thodai" and other parts and some silly comedy. It is the formula for success now a days and P Vasu is probably few miles away from that.

Having said all these, I watch CM yesterday and I do have a good opinion about the movie. The story was good, music and BGM was very good, Jyothika acting was very good. but where is Rajini. If you remove all songs, Rajini comes in the frames only for 20 minutes, out of which 10 minutes are in the final half hour. So it is clearly NOT a rajini movie.

Rajini movie usually revolves around Rajini, but this movie revolved around the house and Jyothika and even more on Vadivelu. This is the first movie (may be I dont recall well), where Rajini speak double meaning dialogues.

+ves

Story
Jyothika acting in the last 15 minutes
Songs and picturization of the songs
B or C center comedy by Vadivelu
Some of the review says rajini look old. HE IS NOT. He is looking young definitely. Only trouble was his lips (plastic surgery or something and on top of that purple color lipstick)

-ves
No role for Rajini - this is a big -ve for Rajini movie
Waste of characters like Nazar, his daughter in the movie, Vijayakumar, nayanthara, prabu and above all the "oomaiyyan" who just simles all thru the movie and end up fighting with rajini, just for the heck of it!

Verdict:

For Rajini Fans : Okay movie (cant give up thalaivar man!)
For Kamal Fans: When Kamalji is teach kids with "Paigala nambathe" kind of songs, why the hell Rajini comes up with this scary thing, so kids can fear? Rajini is crazy. Even baba is better than this crap.
For Vijay Fans (since ppl compare him with rajini anyways): Vijay is the best fit for this movie. Rajini is tool old.
For unbiased audiance: Very Good

Interestingly even MX has the same verdict (from me :lol: ), both MX and CM are movie for the general audance and not for their fans.

vem
17th April 2005, 09:42 PM
it was a great experience to watch this movie in the greater Boston area- with whistles flying around for Rajini. Prabhu shows no emotion on his face when he cries - it was very funny.

A very good movie and Rajini has done a good job.

To ppl who havent yet seen the movie :
Dont read the silly reviews of the pressmen - they all have their individual bias. Just go and watch it and I am sure u will find this movie to be 100 times better than the routine hero-heroine love stories that we have been making since Sivaji was 10 years old :)))
Rajini has really experimented with this role and it turns out to be a grand success..... He basically doesnt need good tunes from the MD - his presence itself is so magnetic that makes the movie watchable and enjoyable....
After watching, I really wonder if anybody else could have acted in this movie instead of Rajini - This is a typical RAJINI movie and noone can replace him. Also full credit to the Karuppu Nagesh (Vadivelu) for giving a splendid performance and the director VASU for giving a clean entertaining movie.....

kbee
18th April 2005, 10:22 AM
Rajini has really experimented with this role
Nope. No role for rajini. Having said that, it is still a good movie. A person I know off came to see MughalEAsam in Hindi and the show was replaced by CM, so he end up going there. He doesnt know tamil, but he enjyoed the movie, just because of the whistles etc. He really enjoyed the climax, songs, DTS sound effects. So Music indeed is very good in this movie.

Raghu
18th April 2005, 04:13 PM
This is my Unbiased view of CM although, Me being a great Superb * fan,

Story - Good Concept, different from others.

Music - BGM, was a big let down, I was missing IR/ARR

Songs - Except 'Devuda', 'Athinthom', and 'Raa raa', the rest are below VS standards, SPB saves the day, Athinthom, Reminds me of 'Mankuyile Poonguyile (karakatakaran)' and 'Vanamellas Shenbahapoo(some Karthik film)'.

Now here is the interesting bit

Actors

Superb * - Super pa, he looks really cool in shades, 8) 8) but on extreme close ups, age shows.

Thalaivar's opening was excellent, the way he walks, the way he does everything is excellent :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8) 8) ,but I was missing the cigarette flicks :( , he looked excellent as the villain, bought back his golden villainish acting skills , the way he says 'Lakkalalallalalakaka' bought thunderous applause and whistling across the cinema, most of crowd joined thalaivar in saying 'Lakalalalalakaka' :D , esp the kids :shock: :D amazing acting by thalaivar.

Cinema was packed, tickets were sold out, no body wanted to leave the seats, in case some one else steal their seat, it was that packed :shock: , same cinema (Streatham Odeon) showed Sachin on a smaller screen, very poor turn out for sachin(VJ must have been insane to Release his film on par with Superb *!), any way, as soon as the super * title came, thunderous applause, many started dancing around for Devuda, P.Vasu, RamKumar says Repeatu in this song, why :? :? .

Rajni's opening received thunderous applause,

Jothika, she was acting OK, though I think Meena would have done a better job, as she did a splendid job in Shock!
:lol2:
Vadivelu + Rajni were really hilarious, but double meaning dialogues could have been avoided , esp Rajni's films never has such dialogues, so I was rather shocked :shock:

Prabhu was OK, so was Vineeth

Naseer & Vijaya Kumar wasted like anything.

Now coming to ladies :lol2: :lol2:

Malavika looked stunning :wink: :P :lol2:
Nayanthara was OK, but my pick is Malavika Maalavika :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Vadivelu's wife was pretty too :lol2: :lol2:

the first half of the film was a bit slow, but picked up speed during the second half, It is not a typical Thalaivar Movie, like basha or Padaiyappa, but it is a clean family entertainer and a must see movie

interz
18th April 2005, 05:04 PM
its too early to say whether chandramukhi is a hit or not it just released 4 days ago... if the movie is running in theatres after a month or couple of months its a hit

but ill keep my fingers crossed for chandramukhi vidyasaghar needs a hit movie badly the competition from other mds might force him to concentrate on malayalam movies and telugu movies

gragavan
18th April 2005, 05:37 PM
My honest opinion..............movie is not good.

Liked the picturization of Konja Neram song. It was good.

Ra Ra picturization is also good. Jyothika has done very well.

Regards,
Ragavan

mellon
18th April 2005, 07:29 PM
Good to hear from you, Raghu about CM! :D

Seems to me Super* rocks!!! :)

--------------

Cinesouth, galata.com, rdiff and nowrunning reviews say: Super * wins! 8)

Sify NOW says:

Chandrmukhi clicks and IT IS A MILE AWAY from the other losers! 8)

------------------------

Thanks to the JAPANESE fans who appreciated the movie and their trip become worthy one! I heard they say,

It is better than Padayppa and Muthu!

Check out Hindu, Express and Hindustan times to double check my data!

This is also THEIR (Japanese's) HONEST OPINION, I suppose!

Way to go Super*!

TISK
18th April 2005, 08:13 PM
Interz writes-- "its too early to say whether chandramukhi is a hit or not it just released 4 days ago... if the movie is running in theatres after a month or couple of months its a hit"

WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a revelation! You made my day!!
solittaruyyaa, sollitaaruyyaa, ulaga mahaa uNmaiyai, Buddharukku appuRam sollittaaryaa!!
[Please don't mistake me! Have fun!]

Raghu
18th April 2005, 09:33 PM
TISK,

Don't worry lakalakalakalakalaka will win :D

Arjuna
18th April 2005, 09:44 PM
No one can match the great Super *!! Vj and Kamal wuld be regretting y on earth we went and competed the King of Kings!! Ramadoss and Thirumalavan get this into ur minds and stop being stupid!! Rajni will blow u all into pieces!!

TISK
18th April 2005, 09:56 PM
Pl. leave politics out of this !
Thanks.

kbee
18th April 2005, 10:25 PM

raghu sir, yenna unbiased reviewnnu sollittu orey Rajini pugaz paadittinga. Yenna, ore chinna pilla thanama illa irukku

TISK
18th April 2005, 10:30 PM
To me, it appeared to be an unbiased review only!!

[not because he said good things!!]

mellon
18th April 2005, 10:35 PM
To me, it appeared to be an unbiased review only!!

[not because he said good things!!]

To me too! :)

Kumanan
19th April 2005, 02:00 AM
This explains how Rajini makes a living with the C Class!

mellon
19th April 2005, 02:39 AM
deleted by mellon

kbee
19th April 2005, 04:29 AM
arambichchuttanungappa arambichchuttanunga

Music4Ever
19th April 2005, 06:29 AM
Kumanan, why is it so bad? How many stars have successfully made a living with C class? To my mind only MGR and Rajni. It takes talent to be like them.

kbee
19th April 2005, 07:53 AM
It takes talent to be like them.
Luck / God's grace.

and btw dont compare MGR (bold, smart and decisive) with Rajini (opposite of everything I said about MGR)

Kumanan
19th April 2005, 08:11 AM
I didnt say its Bad or anything! Its just funny how you guys call your reviews Unbiased and Rajini a talented actor(He was, in my opinion, before superstardom).

Anyways, leave it, I found it humorous and didn't mean to offend. Lets stick to the music, before the Headmaster comes and scratches his head :banghead: for going out of the topic. :) :lol:

About the music of CM, I think VS knows exactly what he has to deliver, his goals are simple and make him succesful.

IsaiRasigan
19th April 2005, 09:47 AM
Can someone explain these 2 or 3 things??

1) Who is that guy who fought with Rajini on the rooftop?
What is his relevance to the story?

2) What is the snake about?

Arjuna
19th April 2005, 10:52 AM
Fazil says that Rajni is the most talented actor in the Indian Film Industry!! Read the AV issue 3-4 weeks back!!

SN23
19th April 2005, 11:28 AM
kumanan, that sevathula muttikkara icon is dhool :)

Cinefan
19th April 2005, 12:09 PM
Fazil says that Rajni is the most talented actor in the Indian Film Industry!! Read the AV issue 3-4 weeks back!!

Don't twist his quote,he said "Kamal has already proved that he is a very good actor. Rajni also can be one of the best actors in India,I don't know whether he himself understands this fact."

Arjuna
19th April 2005, 12:40 PM
Cinefan - I guess that's what I wrote :)

Arjuna
19th April 2005, 12:44 PM
Chennai weekend box-office (April 14-17)

Tuesday, 19 April , 2005, 11:36

Chandramukhi has stormed the Tamil Nadu box-office; in Chennai city it is creating new records. It is said to have made distributors share of Rs 32 Lakhs during the Tamil New Year weekend from eight Chennai screens!

Vijay's Sachien is not being appreciated by fans but has taken a decent opening. Mumbai Xpress has also taken a 100 percent opening at Sathyam Cinemas during weekend, but in other places it is weak.

Lucky continues with its lucky streak in the second week and Mohanlal's Chandrolsavam, a Vishu release took a bumper opening but due to lack of content has fallen on Monday.

Arjuna
19th April 2005, 12:45 PM
Super * proves once again - that he is the undisputed king of the box office!!

Kanna
19th April 2005, 01:51 PM
Super * proves once again - that he is the undisputed king of the box office!!

Arjuna,
I would like to add few points about Sify's reports. They are very well known for their inconsistent reports. It says, Sachein only had a decent opening yet giving it second place and Mumbai Xpress which has 100% opening was given the third place!!

Moreover, it talks only about Chennai theatres and tries to generalize it across TN!!!! And regarding the minus points for the film, having mentioned about them in the reviews, they don't want to come up with them but instead says "No Comments!!!!"

They also say that MX is strong only in Satyam and not in other areas. That's the biggest joke!!! I don't know why they're sticking ohly to Satyam and not extending to theatres like Agastya, Kasi, Abirami, etc.

What they say about Satyam is a mere copy and paste from their other reviews (Pancha thanthiram, Virumandi, Vasool Raja). I strongly bet that if a Kamal film is released in Devi next time, they will still say that "Kamal has fantastic openings at Satyam!!!!"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Raghu
19th April 2005, 03:43 PM

raghu sir, yenna unbiased reviewnnu sollittu orey Rajini pugaz paadittinga. Yenna, ore chinna pilla thanama illa irukku

please read the post carefully, I have listed Rajni's negative points too, like he looked age in some extreme close ups, ..etc.

narcot
19th April 2005, 03:55 PM
Isairasigan

1) 'Chemmeen Sheela' , 'Sonu Sood' (roof top guy), The Snake are all oppukku chappani guys. Absolutely no relevance to the story. Since Mannan , Padaiappa, Arunachalam had a woman villian , they wanted to have one here too.. adukke Chemmen Sheela and Sonu sood.

2)Tundu beedis : Thyagu, K R Vijaya : Avasiyama?
(for the former they could have cast Tamil Serial la vara edavadu one scene guy and the latter could have been any Tamil serial one scene Anni, Hero voda Vidavai mamiyar look-alikes)

mellon
19th April 2005, 07:41 PM
Don't twist his quote,he said "Kamal has already proved that he is a very good actor. Rajni also can be one of the best actors in India,I don't know whether he himself understands this fact."

Well, who is twisting the facts here?! :roll: :?

Rajnikanth is definitely one of the most talented actors! 8)

It has already been proved, in 3-mudichi, 16-vaythinilE, 6 to 60, engEyO kEtta kural, avargaL, dalapathy etc.

No big actor has ever shined when Rajni is there in that movie. No matter who he is.

I dont think we need Fazil to acknowledge that! :lol:

Well, :notworthy:

Raghu
19th April 2005, 08:13 PM
Rajnikanth is definitely one of the most talented actors! 8)
:

CERTAINLY, esp his Villainish acting is simply superb, remember 3 Mudichu,16-vaythinilE and as a sadist in Avargal or was it Aaval appadi thaan?

No big actor has ever shined when Rajni is there in that movie. No matter who he is.
:

here is a list

1) AvargaL opposite KamalHasan
2) Bhuvana Oru ? opposite Siva Kumar
3) Ilamai OOnchaladu kirathu opposite KamalHasan
4) Ninaithale innikum opposite KamalHasan

RR
19th April 2005, 08:18 PM
For non-TFM discussions, :arrow: Tamil Films forum.

Raghu
19th April 2005, 08:32 PM
For non-TFM discussions, :arrow: Tamil Films forum.

Ok, got the point, thanks RR :D

mellon
19th April 2005, 11:06 PM
Raghu!

How do you "rate" the songs after seeing the movie? Which song u think as the best when/after u watched in the theatre?

Arjuna
20th April 2005, 04:37 PM
Chandramukhi has made its hero Rajnikanth the highest paid actor in India! He is reported to have received 50 percent of the gross sale from the film, roughly about 15 Crore ($3 Million)!
Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi is rumoured to be getting Rs 10 Crore as remuneration while the ‘numero uno’ of Bollywood Sharukh Khan demands and gets Rs 5 Crore for a film.

Economists and trade analysts are throwing up their hand and asking the valid question – How is it possible for an actor to get so much money from Tamil film market which is so limited? The answer is there for everyone to see.

Rajnikanth’s citadel in Tamilnadu is the NSC (North Arcot, South Arcot, Chengalpetu)- Chennai city area comprising Chennai city to Ulundurpet in South and Tirupathur in South West. This area is one-fourth the size of Mumbai territory for Bollywood films in comparison.

Sharukh Khan’s Main Hoon Na was sold for Mumbai territory for a record Rs 3.5 Crore to Ashta Vinayak films while Rajnikanth’s Chandramukhi got nearly Rs 6 Crore as Minimum Guarantee (MG) from theatres in NSC, city area alone!

In Bollywood, there is no hero worship like in Tamilnadu. A new release of Rajnikanth in Tamilnadu for the ordinary people is like an assembly election for viewers that happen once in a blue moon. People go to the theatres religiously to watch his films just like casting votes and affirming their faith in the superstar.

Arjuna
20th April 2005, 04:39 PM
This itself proves who is the greatest actor of the Indian Film Industry!! Y arent they paying Kamal that much amnt of money? Moreover if we comapare the hit/no of films ratio -> U will know that Rajni is the undisputed king of box office!!

There are lot of producers (eg Kalai puli thanu, Lakshmi movie makers) who went bankrupt by producing a kamal film..are there any producers who went bankrupt producing a rajni film?

I am not trying to pull down kamal - everyone knows he is a good actor - but the question comes as who is the best in terms of box office!! Moreover Kamal does not how to cry in films!!

Raghu
20th April 2005, 05:32 PM
Raghu!

How do you "rate" the songs after seeing the movie? Which song u think as the best when/after u watched in the theatre?

Mellon,

I loved and love Devuda b4 and after watching CM, SPB is the one and ONLY choice for superb*, remember Tipu Tipu from Baba, where SMD could not match superb star at all, hence the song flopped, Devuda is number in charts, way to go Dr.SPB ji and Superb *

Athithom, no singer ever could have done justice to the song, excep the goldern voice of Dr.SPB, reminds of the 80's Dr.SPB + Dr.IR Combo, that ruled for two decades!, VS has extracted the beats from (Manguyile from Karakatakaran, and Vanamellam Shengakapu from Karthick film?)

MadhuBalakrishnan voice suits Superb*, but no way near Dr.SPB, I found the great Ashaji way out of track, with bad pronounciation.

Rara song was excellent , till tippu joined, why tippu for this carnatic base song?

I never like the rest of the songs, and the BGM was very bad,ARR's BGM in baba was AWSOME, esp in Cinema, but VS did not do justice to BGM.

please note, these are my humble opinion,not intended to make any one upset

Vysar
20th April 2005, 05:58 PM
corny piece of work from P.Vasu. Someone should ban this guy remaking Classic malayalam movies since he spoils the treat.

kbee
20th April 2005, 06:50 PM
This itself proves who is the greatest actor of the Indian Film Industry!!
Before Thalapathi Kamal is the BOX office hero. After thalapathi everything changed for Rajini. Right now, Rajini is the "undisputed" box office hero. No question.

Regarding highest paid actor, Amir Khan in Hindi is the highest paid actor. He charges 25 crore. However with Rajini things are very complicated. If you say he gets 50% of the sales, then his salary for CM is atleast 25 crore, but it will not be official, since its time to pay tAx!

Regarding Kamal's crying - what do you want man. Do you expect everyone to cry the same. Each one has a different behavior. Infact its his crying in Nayagan that got more applause than anything else. While Rajini is the box office hero, kamal is everything else for Tamil (and to some extend Indian) cinema. After MX and CM releases every site you go to and every tv you turn on to talk only about Kamal and MX. They know CM is a regular movie from Rajini. So please give respect to KamalJI

Jacky
20th April 2005, 07:14 PM
Those figures (30 crores) are grossly exaggerated. If CM can collect 32 lakhs from 8 theatres in Chennai, helped by high ticket prices then the movie has to run full house at least 50 days in all centers (120 theatres) to breakeven. Ticket prices in B and C areas will be 20-25 bucks, and ticket prices in Chennai have dropped to normal, so this is an improbable sale.
But it's definitely the number 1 among present releases.

TISK
20th April 2005, 07:22 PM
Rajini and Kamal are our pride and by belittling one over the other, you are only shaming yourself.
Only Kamal could have with a movie like ME when CM was released.
As 'kbee' rightly said, the very fact that both these are being critically acclaimed is a happy thing happening in Tamil Cinema and enjoy the moment and dont ridicule yourself by comparing thee two phenomenons.
They dont have to prove anything more to assert their command over Tamil Cinema.
Any other actor is forgotten if he gives one flop-- remember Vikram, Soorya Ajith, Prashanth, Vijay and the likes?-- but not so with these two.
Even if they give flops, people know what they can give and wait for that one movie to make it a mega hit!
That's the truth and that's their power.
Let's hail both these gifted heroes-- RAJINI & KAMAL!

TISK
20th April 2005, 07:38 PM
Just copying a mail from Richmond, VA Tamil Sangam!!

"Hi Friends:

Due to the tremendous response, tickets are all sold
out for the movie Chandramukhi. Once again, we thank
you all for your support and making yet another RTS
event a big success.

Because it is a sell-out show, please be there early
to get good seats. The movie will start on time. Sit
back, relax, & enjoy the movie.

See you all on Sunday, April 24th.

Thank you.

Regards

RTS Executive Committee""

kbee
20th April 2005, 08:09 PM
Let's hail both these gifted heroes-- RAJINI & KAMAL!
Amen

mellon
20th April 2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks Raghu for your review on the songs! 8)

-----------------

IMHO, they should avoid releasing their movies on the same date.

In PadyappA veRRi vizha or Rajni 25 (???), Rajni said they will not release on the same day! But he did not keep his word :cry:

Well, KH is claimed to be a son of Shivaji. Okay let him have a professional competion with Rajni as he claims. Why does he compete with his own dad's production (Shivaji)??? :roll:

The chances for success of their movie is more when they release it in the different dates or occasion. I am positive, the overseas distributors are badly hurt because of the simultaneous release of CM and MX.

They both are full of crap and hypocrites as for this issue is concerned. They did not keep their word just like any other cheap politician 8)

jeyabalamurugan
20th April 2005, 11:39 PM
<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Kbee wrote:</span></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="quote">Before Thalapathi Kamal is the BOX office hero. After thalapathi everything changed for Rajini. Right now, Rajini is the "undisputed" box office hero. No question.
</td> </tr></table>

Kbee, i won't accept this fully. Most of the times Super* was a clear winner in B.O. against Ulaga Nayagan when their movies got released together, even before Thalapathi. Manithan had huge collections than Nayagan. Nayagan came in 3rd palce when Manidhan and Uzhavan Magan took first and second places. Vikram, Unnal Mudiyum Thambi were average when Rajadhi Raja, mapillai were blockbusters. Even Maaveeran and Siva were average movies, they created records in collection.But Paer sollum Pillai, Kadhal Parisu sank in the box office without any traces. I'm not degrading Kamal, but at one point Mohan and Ramarajan were considred as minimum guarantee actors, but not kamal. For instance , take any big production companies, you can see When rajini gave a hit to those production houses , Kamal movies were a disaster to them. Kavithalaya, Sathya, Devar films, A.V.M , P.A Art productions (Panchu Arunachalam's )produced movies again and again with Super* since he was their best bet. On the other hand Kamal was an ill luck for these production houses. A.V.M's paer sollum pillai was huge disaster , same happened to Sathya movies Kadhal parisu and Kavithalaya's Unnnal Mudiyum Thambi ended his relation with Kavithalayam. My point here is Super* movies are way ahead at B.O than any other actor in South India.

kbee
21st April 2005, 01:28 AM
I'm not degrading Kamal
Well I see that all over your post

My point here is Super* movies are way ahead at B.O than any other actor in South India.
Point well taken. Kamal is an useless guy, an idiot who works so hard to bring some change and get bad name and no money. There was a question asked either in Hi Madan or in Andhumani and the question is "whats the difference between kamal and rajini" and the answer was "God made some people who can really work hard and for some other people God has to work hard" - well you know who is what, again I am not disgrading anyone here.

vibinrajmani
21st April 2005, 01:45 AM
enough of this rubbish!!!!!

Vikram rulz!!!

dinesh2002
21st April 2005, 10:15 AM
OMG!!!! what crappy introduction music for rajini in CM???it sounds like some primary skool music.... how can rajini approve for it???Deva & ARR did much better,y,even the best for Rajini's introduction music..im not talking bout the song thevuda...but his 1st apprearance in the movie.... where he kicks the guy & the guy flies over.... when watching it,i didint get the 'rajini' feel ... very very bad BGM.....

interz
21st April 2005, 12:39 PM
though its a rajini movie, the story is the hero. Many complains about this movie cuz they say its a recycled story from malayalam, so was GHilli (OKkadu in telugu) but that was the biggest block buster in 2004 and ran over 200 days. I hope the best for Chandramukhi

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Raghu
21st April 2005, 02:46 PM
very very bad BGM.....

Agreed, this was never the case with BABA, ARR did an AWSOME BGM in BABA

Cinefan
21st April 2005, 05:09 PM
Moreover Kamal does not how to cry in films!!

Looks like you have made this comment on the basis of 1 scene each of Nayagan,Guna&Hey Ram.
Man,he plays characters,what is the point in crying the same way everytime.You&a lot of others might not like it but as long as it suits the character fine.Have you seen 'Mahanadhi'?When the mom-in-law&daughter come to jail to meet him&just by eye-contacts Kamal comes to know his daughter has come of age,he starts sobbing.Immediately the girl tries to change the mood by telling him about school,the antics of her 'Thambi'etc.At that point Kamal's reactions are brilliant.Only a 'marakattai'will not have tears in his/her eyes in that scene. That also is crying.Can any other actor do it?Don't throw away comments just becos you don't like him.

Kanna
21st April 2005, 06:29 PM
Moreover Kamal does not how to cry in films!!

Looks like you have made this comment on the basis of 1 scene each of Nayagan,Guna&Hey Ram.
Man,he plays characters,what is the point in crying the same way everytime.You&a lot of others might not like it but as long as it suits the character fine.Have you seen 'Mahanadhi'?When the mom-in-law&daughter come to jail to meet him&just by eye-contacts Kamal comes to know his daughter has come of age,he starts sobbing.Immediately the girl tries to change the mood by telling him about school,the antics of her 'Thambi'etc.At that point Kamal's reactions are brilliant.Only a 'marakattai'will not have tears in his/her eyes in that scene. That also is crying.Can any other actor do it?Don't throw away comments just becos you don't like him.

Kalakkitteenga Cinefan!
:notworthy:

alias
21st April 2005, 08:37 PM
I was watching CM and my wife said who had composed these stupid songs and how Rajni approved them. Well I said, since our Super star is aging, you will see these things happening :-) Real disappointment. I think Gilli is very superior than CM.

interz
21st April 2005, 08:54 PM
real music arent for common people

vidyasagar is noe of the best mds in south india (tamil, telugu, malayalam)

for chandramukhi he was the perfect choice

interz
21st April 2005, 08:54 PM
i ment one of the best mds

dinesh2002
22nd April 2005, 08:47 AM
yo guys...i heard P vasu took Apamitra story(original version of chandramuki) from a movie of Fazil....may i know what movie is that??? does it has the same story with CM ?? i love the raa raa version in kanada.... sooo nice...... but VS def modified the song in CM....both r amazing tracks...... do give it a try :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/18/s/movie_name.7397/

listen to raa raa 1

Arjuna
22nd April 2005, 03:31 PM
The rajni introduction BGM sucks :( - Padayappa had the best BGM for a rajni film along with Muthu and Batsha!!

As Dinesh said - it sounds like Tom and Jerry Cartoon Music :(..

Another point - I am not degrading Kamal - I was talking in terms of Box office hits !! I personally dont like the way kamal cries!! U may all like it - I just told my view!!

Arjuna
22nd April 2005, 03:34 PM
For all the fans of Super * out there - watch the movie live - but also make sure - u go and watch it again in the Cinema Halls to make this film the biggest hit of Super *'s career - lakalakalaka
http://www.lankasri.com/Livemo

stone cold
22nd April 2005, 03:46 PM
read NST yesterday,Chandramukhi is No1 in Malaysia top 10 movs.

Raghu
22nd April 2005, 04:40 PM
read NST yesterday,Chandramukhi is No1 in Malaysia top 10 movs.

Please provide any links, thanks :D

TISK
22nd April 2005, 07:04 PM
An interesting follow-up on the upcoming Virginia show of CM!

"Dear Friends:

The RTS Executive Committee has moved Heaven & Earth
to satisfy all you Rajni fans out there. We bear good
tidings this morning. We are now happy to remove the
‘SOLD OUT’ sign Yes, now you can join the rest of us
to see ‘Chandramukhi’. We did not compromise on
quality as well. We have found a bigger theater right
there in the Regal Cinema Complex at Short Pump which
can accommodate a lot more people. Tickets will be
sold at the theater on Sunday, April 24th morning
starting at 9am. The movie will start at 9:30 am –
sharp. Avoid the rush, be there early, get you
tickets, find good seats, sit back, and enjoy the
movie.

See you all on Sunday.

The RTS Executive Committee"

delldec
22nd April 2005, 07:16 PM
Chandramukhi` trounces `Chandrolsavam`!
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=13722294

Chandramukhi` is a hit in Bangalore!
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/kannada/fullstory.php?id=13724238

Sun TV bags `Chandramukhi`!
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13724367

So, irrecpective of how much we agree to disagree, Rajni unarguably is the Super star out there. Atleast, I am sure he is sitting around there (whereever it is) and enjoying all the crore's that he just harvested by this movie.

Raghu
22nd April 2005, 08:38 PM
Chandramukhi` trounces `Chandrolsavam`!
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=13722294

Chandramukhi` is a hit in Bangalore!
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/kannada/fullstory.php?id=13724238

Sun TV bags `Chandramukhi`!
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13724367

So, irrecpective of how much we agree to disagree, Rajni unarguably is the Super star out there. Atleast, I am sure he is sitting around there (whereever it is) and enjoying all the crore's that he just harvested by this movie.

Yes, here in London, 18 more shows in a week, that is on average 2 shows per day, it is a super hit, comapred to MX and sachien.

lakalakalakalakalakalaklka repeatu :wink:

MumbaiRamki
22nd April 2005, 09:01 PM
Note :

All were sify.com :)
Other websites don't claim to thsi extent ..

Kanna
22nd April 2005, 09:26 PM
Mumbai Ramki,

Kalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalitteeenga. None other than sify is hyping this much!!

Kanna
22nd April 2005, 09:27 PM
Raghu,
I heard that in London, Sachien and CM have been reduced to 2 shows, while MX is showing 3 shows daily in 2 good theatres!

MumbaiRamki
22nd April 2005, 09:27 PM
CM is definetely doing well ,but MX is also close atleast in Banglore :)

Also ,the Bookings at PVR

MX ,CM- bookings at PVR from this Sat to Next Thur

CHANDRAMUKHI

Sat-Full

Sun-Full

Mon-Available in 3 shows ,almost sold out in one show

Tues-Available

Wed-Available

Thur-Available

MUMBAI XPRESS -HINDI

Saturday
There are no shows of Mumbai Express available on Saturday, April 23, 2005.

Sunday

16 25 Show -Full
10 35 ,22 35 - Available

Monday - Available

Tuesday -Available

Wednesday-Available

Thursday - Available

MUMBAI XPRESS -TAMIL

Saturday
There are no shows of Mumbai Xpress -TAMIL available on Saturday, April 23, 2005.

Sunday
There are no shows of Mumbai Xpress -TAMIL available on Sunday, April 24, 2005.

Monday
Almost Sold Out .

Tuesday-Available

Wednesday- Almost Sold out in One show and Available in other 2 shows

Thursday -Wednesday- Almost Sold out in One show and Available in other 2 shows

MumbaiRamki
22nd April 2005, 09:34 PM
http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?id=3191

MX closely follows CM in Telugu

Raghu
22nd April 2005, 09:46 PM
Raghu,
I heard that in London, Sachien and CM have been reduced to 2 shows, while MX is showing 3 shows daily in 2 good theatres!

see this

AT SOUTHALL HIMALAYA PALACE
14 SOUTH ROAD,
SOUTHALL, UB1 3RT

April 2005
DAY 11.45AM 2.45AM 5.45PM 8.45PM
TUE 19 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
Screen 1
WED 20
Chandramukhi Chandramukhi

THU 21 Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi
Screen 1
FRI 22
Chandramukhi Chandramukhi

SAT 23 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
Screen 1
SUN 24 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
MON 25 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
TUE 26 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
WED 27 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
THU 28 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi

At Harrow Safari Cinema
April 2005
DAY 1.30PM 5.00PM 8.00PM 9.00PM 11.00PM
FRI 22 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
SAT 23 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi
SUN 24 Chandramukhi
MON 25 Chandramukhi Chandramukhi

AT East Ham BOLEYN Cinema
April 2005 On Screen 1 (BIG SCREEN)
DAY 10.00PM
Tue 19 Chandramukhi
Thu 21 Chandramukhi
SUN 24 Chandramukhi

AT Streatham Odeon
April 2005 On Screen 1
DAY 11.30PM
FRI 22 Chandramukhi

lakalakalakalakalaklaka

Movies
22nd April 2005, 10:01 PM
Just saw ChandraMukhi,

what i thought ;

Minuses > BGM in the first half falls flat to pick up the RAJNI image.
Vasu didnt do anything for Rajni fans.

Too many characters

Unexpected double meaing jokes from Rajni esp at this age.

Damp squib when u expect Rajni to explode on screen !

Pluse >>>

Rajni!

Very good Family Entertainer!

Good performance by the support crew!

Story

Songs

Comedy

Overall>>> After seeing this movie I realize why Rajni is called the super star! By accepting this movie Rajni showed he is still capable of doing any roles, what matters is the story and not his part in it! Which established tamil actor would agree to act in CM? No one ! Not even Kamal! This shows Rajni cares for the overall film as a whole and not his image!

I like Kamal too but compare him to Rajni. For instance Vasool Raja MBBS, he basically ruined the movie by grabbing the HOGLIGHT! In munna bhai the second half was a comdey ramoange due to Circuit... kamal jus side lined Prabu in the tamil version! He always does that to his co actors!

In my view, what Rajni has done is that he simply put forward the need to provide a true clean family entertainer infront of his IMAGE!

Truly i am amazed at his spirit! No other Tamil Actor can be the Super Star!

Eventhough CM does not have the superstar feel in it ( infact baba was 100 times better in this aspect!) CM ROCKS!

Indeed Rajni is the only Super Star!

Kanna
22nd April 2005, 10:07 PM
"kamal jus side lined Prabu in the tamil version! He always does that to his co actors! "

Please see Virumandi and MX. Pasupathy has sidelined Kamal in both

"This shows Rajni cares for the overall film as a whole and not his image!"

Good joke :rotfl:

kbee
22nd April 2005, 10:49 PM
)
"kamal jus side lined Prabu in the tamil version! He always does that to his co actors! "

Please see Virumandi and MX. Pasupathy has sidelined Kamal in both

"This shows Rajni cares for the overall film as a whole and not his image!"

Good joke :rotfl:
Kanna

I second you (and BTW that was an unbiased review from Rajini fan:). As I mentioned earlier, Rajini doesnt have any role in this movie,so ppl have to compromise saying that

1. Rajini did something different this time (by reducing his role to less than 20 minutes + all songs in movie :lol: )

2. Rajini cares for the overall film (like Sachin care for overall performance of Indian team, and thats why he decided to play until he turns 40 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

speaking of kamal, see virumandi (pasupathi), MX (pasupathi), sathileelavathi (kovai sarala).

Honestly tell me what role Prabu has in this movie - except in few scenes where he :roll: his eyes. In theatre when prabu asks "yen en manaivikku mattum ippadi aaganum, yen yen yen" all the kids in the theatre goes "yen yen yen" - what a performance that Rajini gave up for prabu.

The fact is Rajini attempted to be like MGR, choosing leadership role, showing heroism etc, but the mistake Rajini made is to degrade ladies. In most of his movies, he will be fighting agains a women (chicken fight) or he will be advising women (aambalikku veeram avasiya,pombalaiku adakkam avasiyam kind of puch dialogue, including Baba). Now that he is clearly confused not to enter politics, he decided to give up those punch dialogues :idea: and the result is - a very dull role. In few years ahead, rajini will select some useless role like Amitabh now a days and ppl will have to accept this, unless he uses the "politics" trump card again!

kamal on the other hand as one single focus - movie - he is the one who gives variety and next to him recently you see vikram giving variety. Otherwise, aalaalukku "AAI"nnu kathikinu iruppaanunga. The "AAI" dialogues are even used by comedians now a days :lol:

Above all, CM is a hit because they compare it against Baba.

Any Kamal movie will be compared against his previous best movie in the similar genre. For e.g. ppl compare MX with MMKR, not with Kadhala Kadhala, cuz ppl expect Kamal to do more always.

If anyone reply to my message I will say

'AAI'

jeyabalamurugan
23rd April 2005, 01:52 AM
Kbee.... Even if you say AAI i don't mind.

That was a neat writeup , but very far from the truth. Kamal is undoubtedly a great actor. But in the last 10 years his contribution to the Industry as an actor is very less.

Jack of all and master of none can be appropriate for him.

He directed his movies, he had written scripts and had sung too... but do you think he is at the best in all of those. After Indian, i haven't seen a perfect movie from him. He was always reluctant to work with the legendary directors and young talents who have the real potential to bring out the best from him. Rather he always had Singeetham, Sandhanabarathy, K.S. Ravikumar, Moulie to repeatly direct him. Those directors are good, but they are not Balachander, Barathiraja, Balumahendra or Maniratnam who gave a different face to this astounding career. Even as a director he can't get the best out of him. His league is to be versatile, then he has to excel in that. He can't just blame the audience that they don't have the taste to appreciate his experiments. Cinema is a mass media. In that experiments should be simplified to take that to the doors of a common man. Thats what the creators tend to do... His experiments are so complex that a common man will be always lost in the ride. His career never had these kind of imbalance in the era previous to Indian.

But on the other hand Super * chose his way as a commercial , take it easy kind of actor. Commercial cinema always believes that movies are just gimmicks. Formula stories, hero worship screenplays are the major elements of commercial cinema. Being successful in that area is difficult. Only some charismatic heroes excelled in this league. MKT, MGR, SUper* and to an extent VJ now. You can see many successful actors in screen, but very few are only commercially successful. People who love classics, call commercial movies as Junk and the actors acting in that as jokers.But they forget the truth, in a circus jokers are the most talented, who can do everything at ease.

SUper* never let his position down as a commercial actor. Rama or Ravana whatever you be, do justice to that, thats what Super* believed and if you look back, his history will spell the same. Failures of the classical actors will be acclaimed as "their effort or experiment was not properly percieved by the audience". But if a commercial actor does an experiment and fails, they call it as a stupid move. Why this discrimination!! Even Baba is not a well made movie, its basically an experiment. Baba is all about an actor who wanted to tell to his people about what he believed. But that failed and he has been criticised and some people called that as an end of his career. But he waited. When the valcanoe erupts you won't feel it initially... Its a perfect come back. He killed all the expectations by giving a mass entertainer. You will see the real heat of his eruption in the forthcoming projects.

By the way... go and watch Black!! before you comment on Amithab's current movies.

kanth143
23rd April 2005, 05:11 AM
Shankers Anniyan Song Now Online .

guys download at http://www.swaasam.com/

enjoy

please sign in the guest book

thank you.

Movies
23rd April 2005, 07:06 AM
"
kamal on the other hand as one single focus - movie - he is the one who gives variety"

<<< Variety I agree , but he freaking goofs up the producers money!

And I aint bringing in a Rajni vs Kamal fight! Guys getting agitated are insecure about Kamal! Guys face it Kamal has gone down the drain! No ones willing to Buy Kamals movie! Infact noone wanted to buy MX audio, thats why Kamal made his own compnay! Source>> kamals mouth, check the interview at Indiaglitz.com!

And yes Kamal makes his co stars into nothing! Everyone knows that! Virumandi was one film kamal aloowed someone to act along! Look at all the film kamal ruined... take the recent ones... Anbe Sivam, VRMBBS...

Just think guys...
Rajni is listening to stories from alotta directors..... We are sure the heroism in those stories would have been of epoch proportion! He could esily choose them! Ehy would he choose Chandra Mukhi?..... I am sure he would have seen the malayalam version and the kannada version before choosing CM as THE MOVIE! Rajni just cared about the final product... overall value....

Kanna and Kbee... I see how dissapointed u are , but Rajni has set the box office on fire! Chandra Mukhi is a HIT!

I saw Mumbai Xp.... it hilarious..... but ..........

kbee
23rd April 2005, 10:25 AM
AAI

kbee
23rd April 2005, 10:29 AM
By the way... go and watch Black!! before you comment on Amithab's current movies.
I watched. Whats in it :? See miracle workder and let me know. :lol:
BTW What happened after baba.. everybody (including his loyal fans :lol: ) let him down. he made a statement that if baba is failure he will never act :oops: now he is acting again and before hte movie is released he went to all the temples. poor guy. he didnt believe in story, he didnt believe in himself. he went all the way and begged all gods for the success.

kamal on the other hand was attending pooja for vettaiyadu vilayadu.

makkalae thirundungappa.. Rajiniya beedi kudikiratha niruthittaaru neenga adangamaatingireengala

kbee
23rd April 2005, 10:33 AM
"
I am sure he would have seen the malayalam version and the kannada version before choosing CM as THE MOVIE! Rajni just cared about the final product... overall value....

he want to make sure that his movies are released else where and success. initially he copied all amitabh movies and now mohanlal. next is going to be chiranjeevi or what?

You need courage and "dhill" to act in movies like Anbe Sivam. If Rajini comes with that kind of make up ( i mean if rajini comes with out makeup) there wont be any more fans to him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TISK
23rd April 2005, 10:44 PM
I can see the 'smoke' [pogai] coming from all these people now that it is an established fact that Rajini once again proved that HE IS THE INDISPUTABLE SUPER STAR OF TAMIL FILMS!!!!
kaththunga... nallllllllaaaaaaaaa kaththunga... unga aaththiram yellaam theerra varaikkum kaththunga!
aayiram kaikaL aNaiththu ninRaalum aadhavan maRaivadhillai
aaNaiyittE yaar thaduththaalum alaikadal Oyvadhillai
aadi vaa, aadi vaa, aadap piRandha rajiniyE! aadi vaa!!!!
[I had to post this as even after we had acknowkedged that both Rajini and Kamal are the blessings to our cine world, still some [K]people continuing to post hate mails to build a fire!]

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 01:50 AM
Kamal shuld have made anbe sivam in his home production - not on others money and getting them bankrupt!!

Rajni-yala ethanayo kudumbam valunthu iruku!! Can we say the same thing to others?

Movies
24th April 2005, 04:00 AM
KBEE ur a pity!

Rajni said he would not act if BABA was a super duper hit like padayappa.... he said he would stop acting if his last movie was super hit!

Rajni has done versatiole movies in his early days! He got into an image and he has to live with it, thus he cant do movies that are off beat!

Kbhee dont u know why kamal and rajni have stopped acting?
Well , to inform u, it was cause kamal couldnt cope with the accolades Rajni received acting in 16 vayidhinilay!

Agree hands down kamls performance was a stunner as chappani, but it is a fact Rajni won accolades hands down for his role a parattai!

This came outta Balachanders mouth itself at the launch of parthalae paravasam! and Balachander is kaml and rajnis mentor!

No matter what WE say , kamal is a great actor, but Rajni is the SUPER STAR and he hasnt earned it easily!

Oh KBHee can u name one kamal hit movie after thenali?..... NONE! and that shows kamals state! No distributors willing to buy kamals movie! Kamals movie dont get an opening at all!
He is lucky MX opened with CM. A Rajni kamal clash made people think kamal might come out with a good filmand the movie had a good opening but once again the movie bombs!

TISK >>>> Damn right u are dude!

MumbaiRamki
24th April 2005, 07:19 AM
Arjuna ,
Kamal got a bigger loss in Hey Ram ,though not as Alavandaan ....

Virumaandi was another big experiment he has taken thru his own production ...

And Anbe SIvam and he returned 2 crores to the Lakshmi Movie Makers ..

I too agree with TISK ,that its not a good idea to bash Rajni in this thread ,which is for rajni ...

puyal
24th April 2005, 11:50 AM
Can anybody give me the translation of telugu details in tamil of the song "Raa Raa...". Binny really pinnittango.

Here is one more link,
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/23042005-2.shtml

Raj

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 12:40 PM
Vasu is a happy man. Chandramukhi has emerged the winner in the Tamil New years race. He speaks about Chandramukhi which is his 50th film and marks his 25th year in filmdom. Excerpts from the film.

About Chandramukhi: My first aim while directing a film is that the producer should be happy and then the distributor and later the artistes. On these three counts I am happy. In fact Rajni’s praise was more than what I expected.. Personally as a director I am satisfied. If the producer- actor- director are satisfied then the film will be a hit.

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 12:42 PM
Super * padathaey Super padam aha akiya maha janagaluku Super * sarpil nandriyai therivithu kolugiraen!! This film should easily cross the 175 day mark!!

Arjuna
25th April 2005, 02:31 AM
Even in the second week, one cannot get entry into the theatres where 'Chandramuki' is being screened.

In Chennai, at Udhyam Theatre complex, this film has been released in 3 theatres. Show after show, 'houseful' board is seen hanging on the entrance. One does not know, when the tickets are being reserved, or booked, but the theatre remain full always.

The same story gets repeated in another theatre, Santham. Crowd just surges forward to get tickets. Disappointed faces can be seen everywhere because, they could not get tickets. Usually a single ticket is sold for Rs. 70/- but yesterday, the same ticket was sold for Rs.500/- (Not at the counter, of course) one can see only happiness in the faces of those who managed to buy tickets for exorbitant rates.

According to sources, if the situation should be like this on the 10th day, the film would easily cross 200 days! If the situation is like this in the city, in the rural areas, it is something to be imagined. There is virtual competition among the viewers, about how many times one could see the film with in short span of days! They even bet on this!

'Chandramuki' is hitting sixes all over the ground where there is no competition exists!

lakalakalaka

puyal
25th April 2005, 04:36 AM
Well,

check this site also. Not only in TN, also in Andhra, Chandramugi tops.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/telugu/967/

Raj

puyal
25th April 2005, 04:43 AM
Plus check this site...

http://www.dinamani.com/cinema/putthandumovies/news.asp?Topic=77&Title=R%AArl+%D7jR%F4i%D3j+%A7%FBWlTPeLs&ID=DNC20050424142928&nDate=

kbee
25th April 2005, 07:24 AM
I can see the 'smoke' [pogai] coming from all these people now that it is an established fact that Rajini once again proved that HE IS THE INDISPUTABLE SUPER STAR OF TAMIL FILMS!!!!
kaththunga... nallllllllaaaaaaaaa kaththunga... unga aaththiram yellaam theerra varaikkum kaththunga!
aayiram kaikaL aNaiththu ninRaalum aadhavan maRaivadhillai
aaNaiyittE yaar thaduththaalum alaikadal Oyvadhillai
aadi vaa, aadi vaa, aadap piRandha rajiniyE! aadi vaa!!!!
[I had to post this as even after we had acknowkedged that both Rajini and Kamal are the blessings to our cine world, still some [K]people continuing to post hate mails to build a fire!]

TISK I didnt get any pogai. Honestly after you said lets hail both of them I second you, but someone opened again attacking Kamal. Anyways, its a rajini forum meant for rajini fans. My appologies for my earlier postings.

I am a kamal fan by myself, but I also like Rajini movies after Thalapathi and before "oor kavalan". Some of the recent movies I saw of Rajini (mullum malarum, 6lirunthu 60varai) made me wonder why he didnt choose to be a super actor and end up being a super *, cuz Rajini would have given a tough competition to Kamal if he end up choosing roles similar to the above movies, but then again, they choosed different lines at certain point in time of their career. Net net, I like movies with great acting skills - thats all.

Again, to all rajini fans, my sincere appologies.

TISK
25th April 2005, 07:45 AM
All is well! No hard feelings please, KBEE! I just didn't want this thread to become one more R&K fighting thread! Thank you for your understanding and I salute for your 'aaNmai' to say a sorry!
Rajini fans dont get that many chances to gloat over the SS as his films have become a rarity! And that too, when CM is doing so well, please allow us of our moment!
Thanks again!!

kbee
25th April 2005, 07:56 AM
All is well! No hard feelings please, KBEE!
Not at all and thanks for the "aanmail" compliment. Now I feel like kissing someone (hey kamal fan know!)

Arjuna
25th April 2005, 12:28 PM
this is itself is like a Super * Climax!! :))