PDA

View Full Version : Who is the greatest hubber of all time?

dr#
10th March 2005, 10:26 AM
who is the greatest hubber apart from yourselves, and why?
a special prize awaits the winner. :wink:

Akash
10th March 2005, 02:21 PM
Mandakkai!!

If you really interested in knowing the reason, then i will nominate you for the above reason :wink:

tomato
13th March 2005, 09:30 AM
I would say Scorpio.

Though I don't post much I do go thru the diff threads that interest
me.

Shekhar
13th March 2005, 10:30 AM
How are you defining great?

Contribution in terms of knowledge? Logical proposition of his/her thoughts? Language? Or one who has maintained the propriety of a hubber all the time?

I would define like this.

High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interaction....

If parameters are defined, then we can go ahead and choose..

nirosha sen
13th March 2005, 12:28 PM
:notworthy: You just described yourself, Shekhar!!

madhu
13th March 2005, 04:17 PM
High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interation....

Yes Shekar!
thats a good definition for a great man !
But.... a good person may not be a good friend..

As you said.. the definition for the word "GREAT" is required here..

and nominations will follow.... :P

geno
13th March 2005, 10:05 PM
Madurai Veeran :D

dr#
13th March 2005, 10:16 PM
no definition required just tell us why you think your chosen hubber deserves to be honoured.

Niranjana
13th March 2005, 10:16 PM
I would vote for Surya !
East or West, he's the best!

Niranjana
13th March 2005, 10:17 PM
Madhu, the baby picture you have oput up is really cute.....who's the baby?

malligai
14th March 2005, 12:58 AM
Contribution in terms of knowledge? Logical proposition of his/her thoughts? Language? Or one who has maintained the propriety of a hubber all the time?

High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interation....

Considering all the parameters, i could think of only one HUBBER who fits the above depictions...

and he is none other than our own GENO... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I nominate GENO as the GREATEST HUBBER!!! :clap: :clap:

Roshan
14th March 2005, 08:10 AM
Hi Malligai, :D

How are you? Please try and visit the miscellaneous section often !! Pls.check my pm.

malligai
14th March 2005, 08:20 AM
Rosh,

i replied ur pm already... :lol:
u missed a lotttt of fun today... :lol:

dr#
14th March 2005, 08:23 AM
santosh 108 is a cool hubber.
he answered a thread i started on kalari with 2 really informative posts. i waited for a week for a reply to my question.

so santosh 108 if you're reading this :thumbsup:

Roshan
14th March 2005, 08:24 AM
Rosh,

Thanks for the reply.. I have replied to it. Yeah I guess I missed some great fun today :lol:

malligai
14th March 2005, 08:59 AM
Roshan,
sent u another pm...c quick... :lol:

Mad Max
14th March 2005, 09:07 AM
Rosh,

I missed it too! What was it? :) :mrgreen: :)

Love your ID, BTW. Malligai is my favorite flower. People like rose and other flowers, but for me nothing can beat the fragrance of the Jasmine.

Roshan
14th March 2005, 09:23 AM
Considering all the parameters, i could think of only one HUBBER who fits the above depictions...

and he is none other than our own GENO... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I nominate GENO as the GREATEST HUBBER!!! :clap: :clap:

I endorse your nomination Malligai !!! :D :thumbsup:

MM,

I love the fragrance of 'mullai' more than malligai. :)

Niranjana
14th March 2005, 09:30 AM
Surya is the best..........the reasons are obvious

malligai
14th March 2005, 09:32 AM
MM,

I missed it too! What was it? :) :mrgreen: :)

Love your ID, BTW. Malligai is my favorite flower. People like rose and other flowers, but for me nothing can beat the fragrance of the Jasmine.

yess, u missed it too... :lol:

and SAME PINCH... :lol2: ...i just love mallipoo too...thats the only thing i really miss, being here in the US... :(

scorpio
14th March 2005, 09:32 AM
Tomato,
You have embarassed me!! Anyway, THANKS for the confidence!! :wave:

Dr Hash,

Thanks to the new hub format, we have less and less of personal attacks, religion based filth and abuses. As a person who has browsed the old hub extensively and a participant in the new hub, I would nominate -SHEKHAR for lucid, unbiased postings and maintenance of dignity in his posts at all times and not the least, his cool sense of humour!

malligai
14th March 2005, 09:35 AM
Roshan,

yehhhhh!!! :thumbsup:

MM,

how come u dint vote for anyone??... :lol:
[oopsss...hope N doesnt see this... :lol2: ]

Mad Max
14th March 2005, 10:11 AM
Roshan,

yehhhhh!!! :thumbsup:

MM,

how come u dint vote for anyone??... :lol:
[oopsss...hope N doesnt see this... :lol2: ]

I have to choose between Skanthu and Urme & Innit Tamacha, for keeping me amused all the time, but hard to choose one. :) :mrgreen: :)

Did this "N" tell you not to talk to me? (like in "dushtanai kandAl thUra vilagu)? :mrgreen:

Seriously I would like to choose between Geno, Rohit, MV, Kumar, P Arivar et al, but it is not that easy to pick one.....and there is a certain "street rat" that I have a special affection for, but I cannot nominate him...hehehe... :mrgreen:

malligai
14th March 2005, 10:38 AM
[Did this "N" tell you not to talk to me? (like in "dushtanai kandAl thUra vilagu)? :mrgreen:

aiooo, he wouldnt do anything silly like that...and i'm sure that he's got better things to do, than keeping a vigil on me.. :lol:

and i am not a kid to be intimidated... :thumbsup:

Roshan
14th March 2005, 10:58 AM
I have to choose between Skanthu and Urme & Innit Tamacha, for keeping me amused all the time, but hard to choose one. :) :mrgreen: :)

:rotfl:

Geno, Rohit, MV, PN Kumar, P Arivar et al, but it is not that easy to pick one.....and there is a certain "street rat" that I have a special affection for, but I cannot nominate him...hehehe... :mrgreen:

PN Kumar?????? Are you sure ???????

Anyways all the others you have mentioned are great ones !! I would like to add our good friend Shekhar, (irrespective of his wife and women bashing :P ), Joe, Kumar and all my good old friends at ulagam thread and Thamizh poetry section to your list. They are the ones who have made me stick to this hub for this long (more than 4 years now).

blahblah
14th March 2005, 11:44 AM
Well guys,am trying to choose from

1.Rohit :High intellect and a great way of telling things
2.Geno :Similar qualities +conviction about himself
3.Scorpio:For evaluating each thread and person the right way
4.Roshan:For her honesty,she calls a spade a spade
5.Shekhar:For the gentleman and great human he is
6.Madmax:For his guts and the way he is trying to change himself recently[not too sure he will succeed in his attempt :wink: ]

And I say my choice is Shekhar!

For the simple reason that a humane attitude rules supreme over all other qualities like intellect,confidence,guts,amiability,judgement and even honesty.All of us strive to be better humans but only a few win over their ego,selfishness and beliefs to reach there.

It involves and yet win over other individual qualities.The posts Shekhar has made in this hub stand testimony for this.

Roshan
14th March 2005, 12:18 PM
Roshan:For her honesty,she calls a spade a spade

Thanks blahblah.. I feel honoured to hear it from another honest person like you :D

I have excluded the newbies in my previous post coz, I need some more time to evaluate them. I usually dont hurry in, to make a conclusion about any one. Anyways out of the newbies, those who have impressed me so far- mainly due to their frankness, maturity, sense of humour and genuinness are;

Querida
Azhagana Ratchasi
blahblah

a.ratchasi
14th March 2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks Roshan, it is indeed an honour.

Roshan, Geno, MM, MV, BadBoy and ukw are many facets of a great hubber as each in their own unique ways were and some still are (albeit name change :wink: ) the source of many intriguing discussions.
Nor would they hesitate to opine no matter how controversial it may be.

Of course, not forgetting:
R.Srini and Rohit- for the intellectual aspect
Shekhar, the hubber who switches from humour to seriousness and vice versa at such comendable ease.

This is for all dear hubbers:
No one hubber is a great hubber...but all hubbers make a great hub! :wink:

Mad Max
14th March 2005, 05:33 PM

Geno, Rohit, MV, PN Kumar, P Arivar et al, but it is not that easy to pick one.....and there is a certain "street rat" that I have a special affection for, but I cannot nominate him...hehehe... :mrgreen:

PN Kumar?????? Are you sure ???????

I am not sure of his initials. I remember Kumar as a nice christian gentleman whoused to post from Australia. Did I make a mistake with the initials? Is there a different Kumar (evil)? :)

geno
14th March 2005, 06:19 PM
Mummu,

I guess Roshan means the P.N.Kumar from mostly the history threads! He was the guy who frequently repeated the "microcosm" and "macrocosm" thing - whenever "siththar"s backlash against archaic practices & rituals are pointed out! ;)

He belonged to the "opposite" camp! and did what he thought he ought to! But one thing i liked about him was that even without e-kalappai he used to post in thamizh; u know it was difficult 2-3 yrs ago to post in thamizh script using murasu anjal!
-deleted-

The "Kumar" that you mention is indeed a very fine gentleman who posted extensively in Films section, and also in history sections. He's a fellow Kamal fan like me :D Just see a "Kumar" in the list of hubbers in Roshan's earlier post - she nominates the same kumar that you nominate too!! :)

Roshan
14th March 2005, 06:30 PM
MM,

geno is right !! :D

Shekhar
14th March 2005, 06:42 PM
No one hubber is a great hubber...but all hubbers make a great hub! :wink:

How very true. It is not one or two individuals, but the majority of the hubbers who are exquisite, each one with some wonderful unique quality, blended with warmth, who have made FH great.

But what came as a real surprise was that some hubbers really think so high of me. I thought no body ever took me seriously. :wink: I thank their generosity.

I would like to mention one old hubber who stood apart from the rest of us for her sheet equanimity and maturity. A south African female hubber named 'fridge'.
Once some hubber in a thread related to premarital relationship, denouncing her stand, called 'fridge' a prostitute. She cooly replied, "If you imply that I have slept with men for money, I haven't, with men I have loved.. yes" (not an exact quote).
I wonder if any of us has that maturity not to lose our poise, even in such a case of provocation.
You cannot insult people whose self esteem is so high that they refuse to take insult.
I have learnt a lot from her.. and from many other old and new hubbers. And there is some thing to learn from most of the hubbers, if not from every one.

geno
14th March 2005, 06:45 PM
This is for all dear hubbers:
No one hubber is a great hubber...but all hubbers make a great hub!

you said it! that's absolutely the truth a.r! :D

Im happy that some of our friends have thought of mentioning my name! and i thank them - but i have myself nominated "Madurai veeran"! :D

I primarily got addicted to this hub - for the debates that happened in the History threads like almost 3-4 years ago.

g.dravid, Madurai veeran, Rohit, Sugrutha, Srini (the one from old hub's History threads), Ravi sundaram, anu, Robin, Mani Manivannan, Kumar Kumarappan are some of the greatest hubbers i've ever had the opportunity to read!

Earlier it used to be really really cordial and great until - some unwanted elements hit the hub :mad:

Since - I was more interested in History and political discussions - Madurai Veeran for me represented the very essence of articulation of a view-point! His language had a life of it's own, piercing through and inspiring!

Actually g.dravid had already left writing in the hub when i first read his posts and i later learnt that he was the first "Resistance leader"!! :D

MV's posts goaded me to mull over, and participate in the discussions and he was simply marvellous with his presentation.

Idiappam - is another one of all-time greats! :D

Alfonse, Mummu, RC and me have had some happy hunting times together! ;)

Alfonse's Unforgettable one-liner on P.siddork alias tony mAmA :

"What's sid-Dork doing above the Ground? He's useless above it. He ought to be below it - inspiring the cabbages!!!!!!!!"

Nedunchezhiyan, A.P. Masillamani, Periyar Arivar, Punnahai(enge neengaL?), Saratha, Roshan, ukw, akil, Cygnus, Joe, Kumar, chenthamizhan, Mrs. PP, Shekar, Malligai, Srimangai, tiruttakkan, Suresh, Donna, Tamilnaattan, Shakthi(prabha),Kathir, Kajan, SC(what is his ID now?) - are some of the wonderful people with whom i had opportunity to interact and read their excellent posts! :D

there are more friends whose name i might have left out!

This hub's been good to me and even if i were to leave now - i would have wonderful memories of this place! :)

Happy hubbing everyone! and a toast for the great hubbing community! :)

Roshan
14th March 2005, 07:13 PM
But what came as a real surprise was that some hubbers really think so high of me. I thought no body ever took me seriously. :wink: I thank their generosity.

Just like you Shekhar :lol:

You cannot insult people whose self esteem is so high that they refuse to take insult.

You have said this on a previous occassion too. I still remember and I took those words so very seriously. That helped me face certain situations with ease and without pains. Thanks for that. :)

I too have learnt from each hubber. It's a great place to analyse and evaluate individual behaviour and that has helped me tackle certain issues outside the hub too.

Roshan
14th March 2005, 07:17 PM
Nedunchezhiyan, A.P. Masillamani, Periyar Arivar, Punnahai(enge neengaL?), Saratha, Roshan, ukw, akil, Cygnus, Joe, Kumar, chenthamizhan, Mrs. PP, Shekar, Malligai, Srimangai, tiruttakkan, Suresh, Donna, Tamilnaattan, Shakthi(prabha),Kathir, Kajan, SC(what is his ID now?) - are some of the wonderful people with whom i had opportunity to interact and read their excellent posts!

Nice people all are !!! :D

This hub's been good to me and even if i were to leave now - i would have wonderful memories of this place!

Very true !!!

dr#
15th March 2005, 04:34 AM
ok some interesting nominations.
here's something to make things more spicy......

have you met you favourite hubber face to face?
is there a hubber that has a special place in your heart......and what would you say on the day you finally get to meet him/her? :wink:

Mad Max
15th March 2005, 05:17 AM
Aha! Now I see! Thanks Geno, for clearing up the mystery about Kumar! :)

pavalamani pragasam
15th March 2005, 07:49 AM
Sorry for digressing :(
Shekhar, leaving out the money factor is “dating” very different from prostitution? :cry:
“Self-esteem”? Not of a kind I feel glad at our womenfolk taking a fancy for!
:shock:

Mad Max
15th March 2005, 08:15 AM
Anybody remember "endambi" Krishna whom Siddu mAmA used to call as KBL? He was a great guy too. I wonder what he is doing these days.

Shekhar
15th March 2005, 09:33 AM
See guys... This is not the way to go about selecting the greatest hubber. We have to take up the process of elimination.

Look what Geno has posted. He is talking crap. So we will eliminate him first.

And Shekhar is a fool being obsessed with decorum of the hub. Where is fun otherwise?! Aren't Hitlers and Idi Amins, Mayawathis and Mulayams great too? So we shall eliminate him for his idiosy..

We shall eliminate all those, whose avatars are birds and beasts, like doves and ducks, rabits and dogs... They have no business to insult those animals.

We shall eliminate all the preachers and teachers, the bullys and brainies, the villains and the wisecracks...

So we are left with Canada, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.
The choice is yours...

(PS: Migration from Orissa is not a disqualification) :lol: :lol:

scorpio
15th March 2005, 09:44 AM
Shekhar wrote-
PS: Migration from Orissa is not a disqualification

where is my friend now a days?? I miss lot of fun, life has become far too serious!!

Roshan
15th March 2005, 09:46 AM
My choice is Canada !! :lol:

blahblah
15th March 2005, 10:42 AM
Shekhar wrote-
PS: Migration from Orissa is not a disqualification

where is my friend now a days?? I miss lot of fun, life has become far too serious!!

Myself too!I am sure many others miss him as well.

So Mandangi,now that we have all become your fans,please come back.We promose to behave ourselves. :cry: :cry: [icon for repentence]

Kumar
15th March 2005, 11:10 AM
Geez, didn't realise such a thread existed until Roshan brought it to my attention.

Yes MMax, there is a PN Kumar (and although my full initials are P N Kumar as well, I am not this person. In fact, I used to mistake him for myself too :) , until I read the initials. Thanks for your kind words; it's pretty embarrassing though :oops:

I can't choose one hubber, but there are a few I should mention:

Joe: He is direct, doesn't mince his words, and one of the few who can agree to disagree, yet maintain a healthy respect for diverse thoughts.

geno:I wish I had your daring streak sometimes! You're not afraid of people's perception when you're speaking your mind

Roshan: For being dedicated, and one of the most nicest hubber. Never fails to say 'hi' to friends.

LLD: Wherever you are, my best wishes are with you. Another one who doesn't mince words.

And there are other regulars from before the 'new look' forumhub: Ashok, MadMax, punnahai (please come back :notworthy: ), and many others.

Roshan
15th March 2005, 11:43 AM
BTW, where is LLD (LL Daasu) these days? Have not seen him for a long time :roll:

Kathir9999
15th March 2005, 03:28 PM
onnum puriyalai, what goes on here? ungalil perumbalor best hubbers-than.. the ones who visit, to the best possible extent, regularly, whose posts keep this forum alive, whose thoughts we can emulate, whose poems we may like to plagiarize.. ivanga ellorumey best hubbers-than.

thamizanukku sila thaniththuvam irukku-nnu silar kindal panranga. thinney kaasai azikkiradhu, thangalukkulleyye adichittu saagarathu. adhu poi-nnu aakka mudiyadha? :(

Raghu
15th March 2005, 03:37 PM
Ada Paveeghala, yaru kavathu Raghu vai theriyuma :twisted: :( :( :(

Cindy
15th March 2005, 11:38 PM
Most of the hubers in the above lists are not known to me... Maybe i Missed a lot in the hub before...

But in that experience.. there was one kid around here... SS or annamalaifan (he changed it to that in the new hub) and it was real fun when he was around.. and wondered if Madhu is him.. "coz both their styles were almost similar...But Madhu once said he was not... so missing him so much... anybody else remember him?

Then of course Shekhar... for his thoughtprovoking wits and posts with clear space in between so that u dont skip a bigger post...

then the smart, funlowing female gang, query, scorpy, ratchasi, roshan, nirosha, NM, sweeto, .. etc..

ppl who make u pull towards the hub even in the very busy days....

Cygnus
16th March 2005, 12:09 AM
Kathir, I think you may have misunderstood :) Everyone here is stating who their 'favorite' hubbere are without involving any fights (so far...) at least that's how I am taking it... :D

a.r, Shekhar and geno have summed it up very well.

I couldn't help coming up with my own list of favorite hubbers, this is no 'great hubber nomination' popularity contest thing. I had wanted to post this in Shekhar's 'Awards thread' but I'll do it here now.

My favorite hubbers and why......

mellon - My first hub-friend! Spunky hubber who stands up for the weak and outnumbered; edgy and witty with a great sense of humor!

Madmax - Behind all that belligerence, seems to have a lovable, bubbly personality; remembers ALL my past usernames that he knows of :wink: and embarasses me often :lol:

geno - My first e-critic who encouraged my miniscule ability to put two words together that rhyme! A great analytical mind, an awe-inspiring poet and a master at almost everything under the sun!

Roshan - Epitome of a strong, assertive hubber with an admirable connoisseurship of all things related to literature!

PP - Scathing articulate expressionist; displays an inimitable mastery in English and Thamizh! Undisputed champion of "kavikku kavi" marathon poetry!

Shakthiprabha - Although makes chatty and enjoyable posts from time to time, possesses a profound artistic poetic side

Suresh - placid and calm as a clear stream of water....

malligai - Ebullient hubber with a joyful presence! Wish we could see her in misc section more often!!

Shekhar - Although got to know the 'real' Shekhar later, glad that it was never...Distinctive sense of humor with an admirable savoir-faire, absolute gentleman!

From the poetry section:

Kathir(9999)- Leaves everlasting imprints of entangled emotions with his penchant for romance underlined with a string of melancholy !

Srimangai- Wizard of post-modern writings in Thamizh - master of multi-dimensional poetry brilliantly capturing an elusive imagery of indescribable nuances! A class unto his self!

tiruttakkan -Unassuming authority on multilingual literature possessing a unique style of modern poetry and firmly poised in the upper echelons of classical poetry. The most constructive critic around in the poetry section!!

Newly acquainted favorites:

Vivacious Querida, intriguing Scorpio and eloquent badri - hope to get to know you guys better :D

Mad Max
16th March 2005, 05:16 AM
Madmax - Behind all that belligerence, seems to have a lovable, bubbly personality; remembers ALL my past usernames that he knows of :wink: and embarasses me often :lol:

Dr. Tamizhachci!

Are you trying to make a macho guy like me blush? :mrgreen:

vielen, vielen Dank for the endorsement! :)

madhu
16th March 2005, 07:45 AM
But in that experience.. there was one kid around here... SS or annamalaifan (he changed it to that in the new hub) and it was real fun when he was around.. and wondered if Madhu is him.. "coz both their styles were almost similar...But Madhu once said he was not... so missing him so much... anybody else remember him?

Cindy : Wow ! thats great ! Of course I am new here !

I like all these different ways of expressions by our friends... of course variety is the spice of life.. I luv to be a part of this lively hub... :P

Madmax - Behind all that belligerence, seems to have a lovable, bubbly personality; remembers ALL my past usernames that he knows of and embarasses me often

yes.. I too feel that he is a very loveable personality with strong ideas and emotions.

Surya
16th March 2005, 08:05 AM
Strange, no one has mentioned sudhamma.
I like Mr. Srini's posts because no matter what the topic is, the way he presents his arguement is quite persuasive. After lately reading a lot of his posts, I think he's one of the best hubbers to debate with.

Hemant Trivedi,
Same with him also. He also has very interesting, valueble info. Hemant Ji is a nice person to talk to if u have doubts about certain traditions, almost anything regarding Indian culture. :)

Blah Blah,
I second anyone who has said Blah Blah mainly because of his rational thoughts on certain issues, and good humor. :D

Roshan
16th March 2005, 08:36 AM
cygnus,

Good anlaysis :D :thumbsup: and yes we need malligai here more often :D .

Your avatar looks a bit gloomy cygnus :cry: I would suggest changing it :)

Cygnus
16th March 2005, 09:01 AM
Roshan, my current avatar is from a cartoon show named 'Daria', and the pic is that of Daria herself. She is a brain with super-cynical attitude, it's a cool show!! :) I know it is a gloomy face, I'll change it soon...it feels nice to keep changing avatars, not confining :)

malligai
16th March 2005, 09:14 AM
HII Rosh, hii Cyg,

how r u both...Cyg, that was one great appraisal.... :thumbsup:

Mad Max
16th March 2005, 11:03 AM
Madmax - Behind all that belligerence, seems to have a lovable, bubbly personality; remembers ALL my past usernames that he knows of and embarasses me often

yes.. I too feel that he is a very loveable personality with strong ideas and emotions.

Thanks Madhu. I appreciate the thought.

Shakthiprabha.
16th March 2005, 03:24 PM
aha... nice thread.. tough to choose ONE among many....

and many include REALLY MANNNNNNNY.

shortlisting it to jsut few...

Many X HUBBERS are my fav...(cause i happen to vanish
much now....and was relatively regular once)

1. SKAN/ skanthavelu : cute, lively, and very friendly
char, who always had patience and humour at his side.

2. Raghu.. PAtient, sensible, unbiased, non problematic,
very kind person :). He does not even brag about his
stardom. THATS NOT SOMETHING EVERYBODY CAN be proud of.
Hats of to him

3. pavazhamani pragasam: FOR HER Eloquent, communication
skills. I appreciate her enthu to get into the gang
and mingle with ppl who are less than even half her age.
My respects goes to her, despite of few difference of
opinions on some issues

4. Fridge : I REALLY MISS her clear, bold vision and
arguments. A WOMAN who, I ALWAYS WOULD ASPIRE TO BE :)

Apart from these, there are geno, malligai, kathir,
tt, roshan, rohit(respect his knowledge), pradeep(wow what
patience to explain things, Ive never seen him getting
angry...GREAT GUY)cygnus( I assume cygnus is 'phdgirl'),
mmc i.e mummudichozhan :D, and LAST BUT NEVVVVVER LEAST
surya.

Hemant Trived1
16th March 2005, 07:11 PM
Friends,
Forum Hub has seen very many people in its life time.
It would be difficult to single out on the basis of Greatness.
I think most appropriate word should be ,
"MOST USEFUL HUBBER OF ALL TIMES" :)

All inputs by such a hubber should be useful for betterment of quality of innerself and life in general.

Surfing through old postings, I have encountered many beautiful threads and postings.

May be new hubbers should take a trip thro' old times and come out with opinions.

Querida
17th March 2005, 03:48 AM
I think/hope that all of you know i hold very high opinions of you all: Shekhar, Akash,Blahblah,JG,Hehehewalrus,Sandeep, always there to be comic but also have true concern and a good dose of sharp wit thrown in
Surya: not only a fan of writing but cares to share his talent and input with many topics
Raghu who i was sceptical about from the getgo about being a "star' really has become a star in friendship
Geno, Rohit, Davie, Pradheep, R_kk: Seriously guys at times i have no clue when you talk of politics/science, faith but the sheer patience and skill that needs to put out the message wow
Badri for his clear and concise way of posting and well aimed criticism he corrects without corroding the person's dignity
Roshan, A.Ratchasi, Cygnus, Madhu, Mellon, Cindy, Niro, Sonu Gopi (how i miss her) all are my truly inspirational group who encouraged me every time i took a chance to post always there to say hi and to make me feel like a fellow poster
Scorpio and Shaktiprabha - always love to read their cheery yet insightful posts
NM shy at first but always there with her sweet acknowledging words
Madame PP one who i respected from the get-go cause everyone else did and slowly realized that she deserved every bit of reverence given to her
MM, BB - the first ones to shock me yet make so much sense! For ppl i thought were one-dimensional once have shown me that they have way too many dimensions for me to ever sum them up
Hyderbadi and TS - have brought me so much laffter
RR, XLNTB,Malligai serve as my confidence in my naive attempts at poetry...
NOV-san - for his rare 'gem' comments and contributions and thankfully more frequent comedy

but most of all i am very touched that every single one of you have taken the oppurtunity to encourage me in my attempts....I really appreciate it, that is one of the main reasons why i find the confidence to post. The amount of times that i have been taught, teased, criticized, commented and complimented on is enough to make me feel happiness that is not always found elsewhere. There are many reasons why each hubber is special and I'm glad I'm have been given the chance to see it

Badri
17th March 2005, 05:55 AM
wow! Q...what a beatiful way to present your nominations!!! You sure are among the best!!!

Here goes my list

Mrs PP: Her posts reflect the concern she feels for women and youth.

blahblah: For injecting humour with sense

Geno and Sudhama: For the wealth of knowledge they bring to the hub

Scorpio: For simply being such a dear Akka, besides cheering us on with her posts!!

JG: For his deep thoughts (barring occassional slips, mind)

Querida: For reasons stated above

Dev: For the wonderful service she is doing us all in the Healthy Lifestlye thread

And I am sure there are many I have not named, simply because I may not have had the opportunity to follow their posts in the short time I have been hubbing

malligai
17th March 2005, 07:12 AM
3. pavazhamani pragasam: FOR HER Eloquent, communication
skills. I appreciate her enthu to get into the gang
and mingle with ppl who are less than even half her age.
My respects goes to her, despite of few difference of
opinions on some issues

Apart from these, there are geno, malligai, kathir,
tt, roshan, rohit(respect his knowledge), pradeep(wow what
patience to explain things, Ive never seen him getting
angry...GREAT GUY)cygnus( I assume cygnus is 'phdgirl'),
surya.

Shakthi,

I agree on everything u said about Pavalamani-ji 100%...the most versatile poster in this hub... :clap:

and ATLAST someone mentioned my favorite hubber of all times [who has disappeared these days] -MMC / Mummudicholan [the real one :lol: ] :thumbsup:

Roshan
17th March 2005, 08:19 AM
and ATLAST someone mentioned my favorite hubber of all times [who has disappeared these days] -MMC / Mummudicholan [the real one :lol: ] :thumbsup:

LOL@Malligai :lol:

Mad Max
17th March 2005, 08:36 AM

Malligai

Are you serious?

malligai
17th March 2005, 08:53 AM

Malligai

Are you serious?

Rosh and Max,

yess... i am serious...why?? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
17th March 2005, 09:50 AM
Malligai....IvLO innocent aa irukkeengaLE... :rotfl:

I am so happy, that someone is ACTUALLY much more innocent(!)
than me :D

Ur new avtar is good, (would look great aif u have a name like 'nayana' :D )...is it Aishwarya rai's eyes?

When I come back to the hub, I am gonna come back with brand new avtar (of another angel ofcourse)

Cheers and keep smiling :thumbsup: :wave:

malligai
17th March 2005, 10:06 AM
Shakthi,

waiting to see ur new avatar :) ...and come back soon...its no fun without the familiar faces around... :(

heyy, also sent u a pm... :D

Rosh, pm-ed u too... :lol:

Roshan
17th March 2005, 10:12 AM
I have not received your pm malligai :cry:

malligai
17th March 2005, 10:13 AM
R, check now... :)

Badri
17th March 2005, 10:24 AM
[tscii:994f055433]Hey Malligai and Roshan...too much pa...Here I am thinking someone has added more thoughts and it is the two of you, happily exchanging notes...

"I have sent you a pm"

"no, i havent recd"

"check now"

"yeah, got it"

Then after some time, "hey now i replied to your pm"

enna pa...¦ĂˇőŔ §Áˇ…ő[/tscii:994f055433]

Roshan
17th March 2005, 10:32 AM
neenga, JG ,scorpio moonupErum kedekkuRa ovvoru santharpathulEyum pOduRa chat-a vidavA ithu mOsam ? :lol:

scorpio
17th March 2005, 10:35 AM
Badri,

Thevayaa ithu unakku? :lol:

Roshan, MM, Geno, BB, Cyg, mellon, malligai, shakthi - This group represents long time friends from the old hub times while me, JG and u represent the arattai gumbal of th new hub. Kandukaathe!!

Badri
17th March 2005, 10:37 AM
Seri...kandukala....

Roshan..mannichudunga...

Malligai...neengalum thaan

malligai
17th March 2005, 10:49 AM
Seri...kandukala....

Roshan..mannichudunga...

Malligai...neengalum thaan

mannipaa??..chance-ey illa... :twisted:
'netrikan thirapinnum kutram kutramey!!!'' :evil:

:lol: :lol:

Mad Max
17th March 2005, 05:27 PM

Malligai

Are you serious?

Rosh and Max,

yess... i am serious...why?? :roll:

Well, I thought you were friends with Roshan. My bad. Sorry.

blahblah
17th March 2005, 05:33 PM
:banghead: :banghead:
MM,Roshan,

So you are all friends from the old hub!Old friends eh?Don't you understand how we feel left out Sirs? :evil: :evil: :x

Most of us were there in the old hub too though by other names.No groupism in the same group please! :evil:

Roshan
17th March 2005, 05:38 PM
Well, I thought you were friends with Roshan. My bad. Sorry.

MM,

She is our friend !! Have no doubts. Didn't you see her gleefully nominating geno for the best hubber award. chinna confusion avvaLavuthaan. :)

Roshan
17th March 2005, 05:40 PM
MM,Roshan,

So you are all friends from the old hub!Old friends eh?Don't you understand how we feel left out Sirs? :evil: :evil: :x

Most of us were there in the old hub too though by other names.No groupism in the same group please! :evil:

OK blahblah.. no groupism ! Join the club :D

Akash
17th March 2005, 06:07 PM
Rosh, b4 joining to the club, got one doubt!! y yr dove has 'Pony' tail??

Raghu
17th March 2005, 11:45 PM
2. Raghu.. PAtient, sensible, unbiased, non problematic,
very kind person :). He does not even brag about his
Stardom. THATS NOT SOMETHING EVERYBODY CAN be proud of.
Hats of to him

Right who I was sceptical about from the get go about being a "star' really has become a star in friendship

Thanks Shakthi & Querida, at least I have 2 friends :(

Any way, I think me, Geno, Joe, have been here the longest, I was around here for the last 5 years(pls excuse me If I am wrong), then came Shakthi, Roshan, MMC, Mrs.PPP, Skantha, Shekar,Donna, Fridge, Punnahai, melon, Rohit, Pradheep (The intellectual Scientits), and the new ones, like Querida, Aish(Nirosha Aunty), Blahblah, and Akash.

I have not had much interaction with the rest, so I it is unfair to comment on the ppl I don’t know much, Ok, here are my Opinion.

Geno – Great person, great knowledge in politics(which I lack in),very polite,we often use to argue about Rajnikanth as he hates Rajnikanth, and I am great fan of the super * :lol:

Joe- Very straight forward, great fan of Shivaji sir, just like me :D

Shakthi, - Very Friendly, honest, but extremely lazy when it comes to replying to emails, :lol: always speak up for her friends, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: unlike some other friends I have made through this hub, :evil: a true trustworthy friend indeed. :thumbsup:

Skantha – friendly guys, but I never understood him :? :? :lol:

Shekar – a bit of a joker,, :lol2: I mean this guy has great sense of humour :lol:

Roshan – keen SL cricket fan, just like me, but we often argued over the civil war in SL

Donna- a friendly lady, I admire her for her tamizh skills, being a non-tamilian. :thumbsup:

Melon – Strong minded lady, great fan of Super*, so we are naturally good friends :lol: :lol:

Punnahai- quite lady, don’t argue much, where is she now?? :?

Rohit – great with Pythagoras theorem/ calculus great fun to argue with him in the GOD thread :lol: :lol:

Querida- has only known her within the last couple of months, has became a great friend, :thumbsup: whom you can trust, , a true trustworthy friend indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Niro Aunty – take it easy type, great fan of Aish, but I am the greatest fan of aish :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: , like the way she finishes, everything with ‘pa’. :D

Blahblah, a bit of a joker like shekar bhaiya, but a cool dude :D

Akash – great guy, when it comes to advice on weight lifting :thumbsup: 8)

Now, here is the interesting bit, my greatest hubber award goes to none other than the great scholar and scientist Mr.Pradheep ji :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Ithu eppadi irukku

Mad Max
18th March 2005, 09:26 AM
MM,Roshan,

I lost count of the IDs I used in the old hub:

Let me see, these are some of the IDs I used in the old hub:
MMC
mummu
mummudicholan
Mudi Cholan
mummu bond
mummudi max
muradan mummu
Maran Subramaniam
mad max
Mudi, Mummu Mudi
Moonu Mudi Cholan
Bond, Mummudi Bond
Mummu Bhai MBBS
Annal Moondru MudigalAr
etc....upto infinity

Aana enakku innoru peyar undu (not Baasha :) ). Only Geno, RC and some close friends know it.

Now what ID were you posting under in the old hub, blahblah?

Anbudan,
~ Cholan ~

nirosha sen
18th March 2005, 10:17 AM
hey guys, I just remembered Mannangkatty???? Who was that???? :roll:

scorpio
18th March 2005, 10:21 AM
Niro,

Too bad you forgot Dr Veena.. Dont u really miss HER???? :wink:

nirosha sen
18th March 2005, 10:26 AM
Scorpio - I do indeed miss Dr Veena, Pa!! Such a muddled up person, but then who isn't in our worst hour????!!! :(

Now, why on earth would anyone hint that she isn't female???? :?

scorpio
18th March 2005, 10:29 AM
Oh Niro,

You are again and again proving that you are a chweeeeeeeeeet and innocent aunty, but 'Veluthathellam paal illai' Pa! I have seen you with a different handle in the old hub too, ever been there to the 'History' section?? You'll understand things better Pa! :lol:

Roshan
18th March 2005, 12:50 PM
Rosh, b4 joining to the club, got one doubt!! y yr dove has 'Pony' tail??

That's the speciality of my dove. That's why it is one of the most popular and most liked avatars of our hub members. :D

Raghu
18th March 2005, 01:31 PM
hey guys, I just remembered Mannangkatty???? Who was that???? :roll:

Niro Aunty Ji,

Aish photo sooooper, keep it up 'ba' :lol2: :lol:

suressh
18th March 2005, 01:38 PM
:)

hi all :-)

i just happened to get into this thread today.... hmmmmm all feedbacks.... :thumbsup:

though i dont interact much, it is really nice to see some people remember my name too.

but, i feel, i am too junior to weigh people here ( see i am a junior hubber :D )

anyway thanks to geno and cygnus ( this one i really could not believe :D ... r u sure cygnus. is that me you are talking about or i remember one more suresh here ) and roshan who seconded them.

"HI" to malligai. :-)

Raghu
18th March 2005, 01:56 PM
Suresh Ji Aiye Aiye
:D

but, i feel, i am too junior to weigh people here ( see i am a junior hubber :D )

Ithu Romba oVer 'ba' :lol:

nirosha sen
18th March 2005, 08:19 PM
Oh Niro,

You are again and again proving that you are a chweeeeeeeeeet and innocent aunty, but 'Veluthathellam paal illai' Pa! I have seen you with a different handle in the old hub too, ever been there to the 'History' section?? You'll understand things better Pa! :lol:

A different handle in the History section?????!!! Mmm.....you've got me intrigued Pa!! I wonder which thread you are referring to???? You need to pm me over this!!!! Ever so curious, Pa!!!!! :?

Akash
18th March 2005, 09:26 PM
That's why it is one of the most popular and most liked avatars of our hub members. :D
You must be really dare to say that to me!! C our Aunt now!! WOW!!
Saw her new Avatar?? huh?? still you can say that...

Aunt Niro, WOW is not the word... :shock:

Cygnus
19th March 2005, 05:20 AM

anyway thanks to geno and cygnus ( this one i really could not believe :D ... r u sure cygnus. is that me you are talking about or i remember one more suresh here ) :)

C'mon, Suresh!!! I meant you, of course! Remember the good times during puthiya maathavikal and in ulagam and other poetry threads?!! Well, even if I don't always post in all the threads, I read them all. I have been meaning to get back into the poetry section and post my thoughts in yours and other's threads. But I have been too busy lately to pay attention to more than one topic. :(

Anyway, nice to see you here and happy hubbing! :)

Mad Max
19th March 2005, 05:21 AM
Excuse me Moderator NOV for kicking off your buttocks from aside but you are the one who deserves this title very much. And not to forget your lakais deserve it too.BB!

Great to hear from you. Can't wait for you to come back to Germany and start posting here at the hub! :)

Mad Max
19th March 2005, 06:34 AM
aha... nice thread.. tough to choose ONE among many....

surya.

Good choices Shakti. But you forgot to endorse your best friend among them all, Karuvayan! How could you be so forgetful?

malligai
19th March 2005, 11:45 AM
Good choices Shakti. But you forgot to endorse your best friend among them all, Karuvayan! How could you be so forgetful?

MM,

just bcos u dont like someone, it doesnt mean that the whole world doesnt like them... :?

malligai
19th March 2005, 11:47 AM
Roshan,

pmmmmmmmm.... :lol:

[hope badri doesnt see this.. :lol: ]

Shekhar
19th March 2005, 12:57 PM
This has turned out to be the most farcical of all threads..

Mad Max
19th March 2005, 10:52 PM
MM,

just bcos u dont like someone, it doesnt mean that the whole world doesnt like them... :?

Malligai & Shakti,

Would you go and tell a Jewish person "just bcos u dont like Hitler, it doesnt mean that the whole world doesnt like him... :? " ???

When you support a proponent of hate you endorse his hate messages.

You perfectly well know the kind of poison MMC & Karuvayan spewed in the old hub, and here you support these fellows.

I am glad that you were honest and open about your preferences though. This openness helps me to pick my friends carefully and weed out the ones that seem harmless on the outside but who really are enemies.

It was nice knowing you. This is my last friendly message to you both.

Goodbye.

Cygnus
19th March 2005, 11:14 PM

Hmmmm..........I think so too...
:(

When you support a proponent of hate you endorse his hate messages.

I totally agree Max!!! :thumbsup:

BTW, I see that the Narendra Modi thread was deleted.... Glad that US revoked his visa and rejected his application for a diplomatic visa, the neonazis should take a note.

Mad Max
19th March 2005, 11:26 PM

Amen to that brother.

BTW, I see that the Narendra Modi thread was deleted.... Glad that US revoked his visa and rejected his application for a diplomatic visa, the neonazis should take a note.

It was a wonderfully gratifying moment when I heard the news. There is some sanity and justice left in this world after all.

I had posted a message in the deleted thread for all moderate Indian Americans to boycott Indian restaurants for their support of Modi. I am posting it here again if the admins wouldn't mind.

Badri
21st March 2005, 06:42 AM
Malligai

Roshan,

pmmmmmmmm....

[hope badri doesnt see this.. ]

Unfortunately......I have!!!!! :roll:

dr#
21st March 2005, 08:12 AM
funny that noone has enquired as to what prize awaits the winner.

Cinefan
21st March 2005, 11:07 AM
Cygnus&Mad Max,Will both of you explain if America is some kind of God which always delivers the right verdict?What happened to their justice deliverance when1) thousands of Sikhs were killed in 1984&Rajiv Gandhi made his arrogant "When a tree falls the earth will shake"statement or something to that effect,2)The Bhagalpur riots in 1989 which saw the congress decimated&Laloo ride to power(It's another matter that 15years on he did nothing to bring the culprits to book)3)why have they maintained excellent relations with Pakistan despite conclusive proof that they have actively supported terrorism in Punjab and J&K which has seen thousands die over 2 decades 4)Did they ban any Chinese leader from coming into US despite the brutal way in which democracy movement was murdered there?5)What is the US's own track record-Hiroshima&Nagasaki,Vietnam,Iraq.How about banning Gerrge Bush from coming into India?

nirosha sen
21st March 2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry Cinefan - Hiroshima/Nagasaki was a necessary evil, Pa!! The only way the Japanese could be halted! Otherwise, we'd be speaking Japanese as mother-tongue in this part of the world. That was one savage yellow race, that many of my own fore-bears have scars to bear and many took to their graves!!

My two sen worth - It's best that they did halt this man's visa. The situation with Muslims is shaky at best. As it is, Muslims are already livid that a woman had led Friday prayers in New York. They see it as the infidels hijacking their religion too, in the name of reforms.

To make things worse for them, Modi's presence would certainly be stirring up emotions due to the recent notoriety he had gained. Perhaps, for now it's best the man stays put in his governor's mansion!

Public security being the sole concern of their Home Office, must have been the only reason for denying this man's entry into their country. It makes no difference to them whether it's Modi or Cat Stevens. But of course, Indian human-rights activists did play a major role in the decision as well! If they think these people should stay out, they'll just have to toe the line!!

Cinefan
21st March 2005, 12:13 PM
Niro,Sorry pa,I have to disagree with you.Of course,it's the democratic right of any country to issue visas but the problem here is the US says it denying/revoking his visa becos of "religious intolerance".Now every country/leader can be accused of intolerance of something or another at a given point of time.Riots,people getting killed happen everywhere.How can a democratically elected/not convicted head of state be denied a visa.The issue here is not Modi,it's the way the US has taken India for granted.I am happy to see that the UPA govt has seen thro this,kept aside their personal views against Modi&stood behind him.It's an insult to the nation,it's democracy everything.If Modi is indeed gulity of crime,he will be tried&convicted.Who is the US to call him guilty.Do they allow another country to pass judgements on one of their head of state.The shameful thing here is that Indian NGO's lobbied for this&find support from Indian's themselves in this forum&at many other places.We seem to forget the phrase"united we stand,divided we fall".This issue is nothing but the US making a mockery of us supported unfortunately by a few of us.I rest my case here as I am disgressing.This is not the right thread&any attempts to open a new thread will be futile.

Badri
21st March 2005, 12:43 PM
This sure is one thread that has gone haywire!!!

Where did all this get started anyway, in a thread that was supposed to let every list who they thought was the best hubbers and why???

Roshan
21st March 2005, 01:49 PM
To all friends and hubbers,

Please stop digressing and leave this thread for its purpose. STOP PLEASE !!!! :x

blahblah
21st March 2005, 02:54 PM
OK,I recommend Badri and Roshan for playing the moral police and for working hard to keep this thread on track to be the best two hubbers ever.Any complaints? :?

nirosha sen
21st March 2005, 07:22 PM
:notworthy: I'll second your nomination, Blah-Blah!!

Raghu
21st March 2005, 08:42 PM
Niro Aunty ji :D ,

If the title was revised, and say 'Which hubber has posted the most posts' , then surely you would win :lol:

Mad Max
22nd March 2005, 08:52 AM
To all friends and hubbers,

Please stop digressing and leave this thread for its purpose. STOP PLEASE !!!! :x

I concur. Cinema Fans do not have any business discussing politics anyway. Any good movies running in the Nagpur Fruity Area? :mrgreen: :rotfl:

Roshan
22nd March 2005, 08:57 AM
LOLLU MM !! :lol: :lol:

Mad Max
22nd March 2005, 09:01 AM
Anyway, getting back on topic, I think this thread is useless in figuring out who is the greatest hubber.

I would suggest that the OP should start a poll with a list of eminent hubbers (naturally I will not be on such a list) and gather votes. The hubber who gets the most votes wins.

Whaddya say?

Roshan
22nd March 2005, 09:12 AM
Anyway, getting back on topic, I think this thread is useless in figuring out who is the greatest hubber.

I would suggest that the OP should start a poll with a list of eminent hubbers (naturally I will not be on such a list) and gather votes. The hubber who gets the most votes wins.

Whaddya say?

No no that should not be the case !! There would be vote rigging definitely. :wink: Besides it's dififcult to choose just one. This thread is to list your favourites and briefly explain as to why you like them. So let this thread move on. BTW, why dont you list out your favourites with a brief note about every one. Favourites means the REAL favourites and NOT the DISTANT favourites :wink: :lol:

dr#
22nd March 2005, 04:27 PM
i started this thread whilst i was on call and bored in the hospital. it's nice to see the response it has had.

i don't think a poll is a good idea as it would be just restricted to a few prolific personalities. this is a chance for everyone to have a chance to recognise people who have made a contribution to this hub.

this is just a bit of fun, and i hope everyone else sees it as just that. oh yeah and still noone has asked about the prize!

ps-madmax.....i'd vote for you as i haven't heard of most of the people who have been nominated so far. :)

Raghu
22nd March 2005, 05:56 PM
Rosh

Athena Puthu Avatar, Niro Aunty kooda Poti ya?

Aish can not be beaten :lol:

Roshan
22nd March 2005, 06:00 PM
Rosh

Athena Puthu Avatar, Niro Aunty kooda Poti ya?

Aish can not be beaton :lol:

You got it wrong !! I never try to compete with artificial/made up beauties :wink: purinjA sari aanA ungaLukku puriyummAnnu theriyala :wink: :lol:

Mad Max
23rd March 2005, 05:20 AM
ps-madmax.....i'd vote for you as i haven't heard of most of the people who have been nominated so far. :)

By no stretch of imagination I can think of myself as a "great hubber". Perhaps if you have a prize for a "rowdy hubber" award, I could qualify for it. :) :mrgreen: :)

a.ratchasi
23rd March 2005, 06:19 AM
You got it wrong !! I never try to compete with artificial/made up beauties :wink: purinjA sari aanA ungaLukku puriyummAnnu theriyala :wink: :lol:

malligai
23rd March 2005, 12:39 PM
--deleted---

mellon
24th March 2005, 05:26 AM
Hi "street rat"!

Can I request u to just let "this" go, like a gentleman, please?

We always have lot more to learn about our own "friendly" hubbers. You just have got to live with some shocks and surprises, and move on I think 8)

Cheers! :)

Mad Max
24th March 2005, 05:27 AM
-deleted-

I think it is time for me to go....... :(

Maybe with some luck this time my addiction to this hub will not tempt me to come back....

Mad Max
24th March 2005, 05:30 AM

mellon
24th March 2005, 06:14 AM
- deleted. happy now mellon? :mrgreen:) -

Thanks!

I will "pay" you back when my turn comes! :)

Roshan
24th March 2005, 08:14 AM
That's good MM !! :)

Thanks mellon for making that request ! :D

jaiganes
25th March 2005, 10:46 AM
Appappappapa!
Edhukku ivvalavu confusion?
(eng translation: Why all this confusion)
Like the rainbow that appears beautiful because of all colours and not becoz of any 1 colour, this hub is beautiful because of people of all types. True that we make our occasional mistakes and prove that we are human after all (like the one I did). Irrespective of all that, we have vibed well in the hub and have made this a livelier place, contrast this with the mood of initial skepticism, whether the hub in its new avatar would be popular and acceptable. All doubts have been washed away and the hub is filled with people of all lines of thought, acceptable or unacceptable to each other, true it is if I say, have made this hub come alive. In this spirit, I pronounce that all of us are equally successful. At the same time, we should accept that veterans from the old hub have showed the new kids on the block like me how to hub around and express ideas in a foum of people holding diverse views about life and the workings of it. In that respect, IMHPO (humble personal opinion) hubbers like PP madam, Roshan, Niro, Scorpio akka, NM(blonks me to senses), ratchasi (who is the first to congratulate any good conduct), blahblah, cinefan, MadMAx (I like typing his full name), BadBoy, Hemant Trivedi, Surya, RR, NOV, Shekhar, geno, malligai, cindy, Querida, walrus anna, raghu and SP kka are a great asset to this hub. Special mention to Badri, Dr#, Praveen Kumar Mandangi, Akash, sandeep and hindustani LAdka too. I find that interactions with all these wonderful hubbers bring out various aspects of myself which I thought never existed in me. Truly, I have found more about myself after active hubbing. This is not a false statement. Thanks to all hubbers for making me more aware of myself. Finally I make a request to MadMax that do not leave the hub becoz of one particular view of yours is denied space in this hub. Coz there are other aspects of your mind that can help somebody in the hub immensely( like raghu and ratchasi's fitness thread), like the chaos theory, your opinion. however trivial it might seem to you regarding an aspect of life can be collosally beneficial to some one else. So dont lose that connection. Be a part of the hub, there are many waiting to be benefitted.

Surya
25th March 2005, 11:01 AM
WOW! Seriously! Great Post JG!! :thumbsup: :clap:
It was just so touching!!! :cry: :cry:
////Truly, I have found more about myself after active hubbing.////
Same here! :D

Regards. 8)

a.ratchasi
25th March 2005, 12:45 PM
JG, late-a vanthallum rombe azhagage ungal opinion-ne sollikiringge.

Makes a very good closing, indeed. :clap: :clap:

Ps:The fitness thread honour should go to Raghu alone as I would not have contributed if not for his initiave to start one.
:wink:

Querida
27th March 2005, 12:18 AM
Like the rainbow that appears beautiful because of all colours and not becoz of any 1 colour, this hub is beautiful because of people of all types.

so true Jaiganesh...thanx for saying what the rest of us could only express in stops and starts :D

Hemant Trived1
27th March 2005, 10:28 AM
I whole heartedly agree with Jaiganesh.
It is the Hubbers who created a right place
for minds to meet.
Their divergent views and contributions
make this Rainbow
a pleasant thing to watch and be under.!!

Forum Hubbers are Great !!
But
Greatest is FORUM HUB.

I have learnt to give free only from Forum Hub.

nirosha sen
28th March 2005, 05:56 AM
Nice One Jai! :D

When's the wedding Pa????!!! "Kalyana sappadu podava......"!!! Song from "Thanggai"???, is it????

Bless you, Jaiganesha! :wink:

jaiganes
28th March 2005, 07:49 AM
Niro ji!
Wedding in on 17th June and engagement is on 3rd april.

Cinefan
28th March 2005, 11:06 AM
Niro ji!
Wedding in on 17th June and engagement is on 3rd april.

Oru personal question:Rendume Chennai-le thaana?If yes,then April,June hmmm-very good selection of months :D

jaiganes
28th March 2005, 11:23 AM
cinefan wrote:

Oru personal question:Rendume Chennai-le thaana?If yes,then April,June hmmm-very good selection of months

aamam (yes). Chennai is the place where the girl's side are comfortable with and all my relatives too are in chennai only. As far as the dates are concerned, I am relieved that atleast these dates were there(astrologers :x :evil: ). the marriage hall is full A/C so some reward for those who wish to attend!!! :lol:

Cinefan
28th March 2005, 11:32 AM
the marriage hall is full A/C so some reward for those who wish to attend!!! :lol:

Then, really a good selection of months :wink: :lol:

jaiganes
28th March 2005, 11:40 AM
The dates are ok. Initially we were looking for dates in month of may so that all kids in the family can attend the marriage, but too much of astrology and astrologers in the decision making process made it impossible.

Raghu
29th March 2005, 08:27 PM
Coz there are other aspects of your mind that can help somebody in the hub immensely( like raghu and ratchasi's fitness thread), like the chaos theory, your opinion. however trivial it might seem to you regarding an aspect of life can be collosally beneficial to some one else. So dont lose that connection. Be a part of the hub, there are many waiting to be benefitted.

why thank you sire JG :clap: :D

skanthan
10th May 2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Shakthi and Raghu!

Hello my friends. I look forwards to seeing you again in this new thread.

-deleted-

Raghu
12th May 2005, 03:32 PM
Welcome Skantha, after a very long time indeed.

Do take part in Mahabharath topic, thanks :D

skanthan
13th May 2005, 12:55 AM
udhaya(Donna),

nee ingE irukiRaayaa? nee engE?

un anbuLLa thambi.

Skan

Raghu, than q! ;)

Deep_Secrets
15th May 2005, 02:18 PM

High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interaction

Yeah yeah apne moon miyan mithoon now someone translate that :roll:

Sorry, just got an opportunity to come online :P

How funny, remember the bye byes and I'll miss you? :lol: :wink: ...

Guyana
15th May 2005, 08:35 PM
Not quite ready to come back, only passively browsing the forum between last night and this morning, I feel compelled to respond :(

It is because we are all so "High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interaction" we think we always know what others are truly thinking as their reasons for writing what they write. Half the time we do not know what others are thinking or what they know like when I knew who "Ellen", Jez and Kalki are and what they were up to, Ellen was sucked up to by those who think they knew otherwise and I was blamed and to this day I am accused for accusing innocent people and to this day I still believe what I know of these characters in addition to a few others whose user names I can't remember off hand), especially when we don't see them and only have to rely on what they write. Yet we come to our own conclusions, without questioning it directly, but go off into other threads and make indirect comments and even jokes. Good thing the admins. took note of such behavior and some of such posts, in particular the recent ones which the admins deleted. Some of us drive others to our low standards and behavior. Good thing too initiative has been taken to ban such "Nuisances" :wink:

As of late I have been doing allot of ignoring, just to save time and avoid further annoyances.

Therefore when we say "High in intellect, elevated in thoughts, rich in wisdom, decent and dignified in interaction", some of us don't really know what the hell they are talking about :evil:

Niranjana
15th May 2005, 08:41 PM
The best person on the forum is Nirosha Sen! Yes, Pa!

Guyana
15th May 2005, 08:55 PM
From what I have seen for the short time, I would second Niranjana (that the best is Nirosha Sen), however bias this may sound.

SRS
20th May 2005, 09:44 AM
Greatest hubber = Tony Azgham! Absolutely the funniest posts! I used to read everyday.

Raghu
20th May 2005, 06:51 PM
Did ANYONE of you EVER thought of RICHEST KNOWLEDGE and HUMBLENESS of SUDHAMA SIR :twisted:

HE is the ONLY one who deserves this title!

Niranjana
20th May 2005, 06:52 PM
Nah, I deserve this title, because I'm the youngest, most jovial, silliest & ppl laugh at my expense. Besides, I own a Diamond Ring now, hehe!
So, I'm the greatest hubber of all time!

Hemant Trived1
20th May 2005, 07:20 PM
Bow wow..Humans,

Slurp...slurp...slurp...wag..wag

Ahem....

Hello Humans,
I am the only Dog in this Forum or any other forum.
I know I am a late entrant but gimme some considerations guys.
I am funny...truthful and have no hangups.
May be you can consider me the Greatest Hubber (Different kind)

Love you all,

Tommy/AKA

DOGMATIX

krishnan
20th May 2005, 08:23 PM
Hemant,

It's amazing to see you with same spirit and energy as you were 5 years back. Though I don't write much nowadays, I have been following your postings for long. May be your enthusiasm to post on more topics has gone down a bit. Anything to do with age? :) :)

Nichiro
20th May 2005, 08:45 PM
Dearest Krishnan,

I will fail in my duty if I do not thank you for making me what I am in Forum Hub.
If you had not made me food minister, I would have lost interest in hub long back.

I have been posting under my name, Nichiro and Dogmatix.
Now a days there are many intelligent and wonderful hubbers who are making the fabric of hub richer.
Now a days I am not posting much because I am working on a project which will get over in June end. I would be free by 12th July.
Then, my novel , stories , poetry and food corner will have my fullest attention.
Please keep in touch.
Rgds

Nichiro

krishnan
20th May 2005, 09:06 PM
Wow Hemant, I don't know that you had so many nicks. Me too will try to be regular from now on.

Surya
21st May 2005, 12:03 AM
Unfortunatly, I'm not too familiar with Tony, Maybe I"ll go read some of his posts from the Old Hub's Archives.

But I think that there are too many hubbers to just say one.

A few I can pull off from the top of my head based on informative posts, and my personal expierence:
Sudhamma, Hemant Ji, Raghu, Viggop, Niranjana, Predeep, SRS, Badri, Querida, Niro, The Original Mummunicholan, Karuvaayan, Sandeep, Lordstanher, Gandhi, and last but not least HL.

I know i'm leaving a whole army of ppl out, along with them too.

Niranjana
21st May 2005, 12:41 AM
How could u leave me out Surya?

Esp after a..........ll that's happened between us?

*Hush! Silence, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, right?*
*Giggles*

Surya
21st May 2005, 12:43 AM
Niranjana, :lol2:

Considering my signature and avatar, and the fact that u look like JO, u being one of the best hubbers, is a given! :D Well, ur added now, but that's just stating the obvious! :wink: 8)

blahblah
21st May 2005, 02:26 PM
How could u leave me out Surya?

Esp after a..........ll that's happened between us?

*Hush! Silence, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, right?*
*Giggles*

Now Surya,come out with a clean breast,will you? :roll:

Surya
22nd May 2005, 12:04 AM
:roll: = Innocent face.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I don't know what ur talking about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shekhar
22nd May 2005, 08:15 AM
Surya,
Don't waste your time. No body knows what she talks.

Surya
24th May 2005, 07:08 AM
Surya,
Don't waste your time. No body knows what she talks.

Well, in that case,

I don't know what SHE's TALKING ABOUT. :roll: :roll: :wink: