PDA

View Full Version : Mixies and Grinders in USA

sangii77
15th March 2005, 12:54 AM
Can anyone tell me what mixie is best to buy between preethi chefpro, butterfly and premier.

How is the titling grinder different that the table top one...i mean is the steel drum removable in the table top model....or is it like the normal grinders where u have to take the batter from the fixed steel drum. The same for vertical grinders how is one different from the other.

The only grinder i have used is the big bulky one from early 80's in my mom's place. It still works fine, but the steel drum is fixed and neither does it tilt. there is central big hole and a "aaTTu kaL" that rotates...no triangular stones etc etc...its been 2 yrs since i came to US and iam frustrated using the blender for idli's, dosa's and vada's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make the right decsion so that it lasts a long time.

Sangeetha.

Prabha Sreenivas
15th March 2005, 06:34 AM
I strongly recommend that you visit www.chennaiimports.com. They provide excellent customer service and reputed products like the Premier Wonder Grinder, Butterfly Emerald Mixer Grinder with four solid stainless steel jars and Premier Mixer Grinder. You can also call them at the telephone numbers posted on their web site. I have been using the Premier Wonder Grinder and the Butterfly Emerald for the past six months and am very happy with them. The products are very reasonably priced and offer very good value for money. :D

sangii77
16th March 2005, 02:07 AM
Hi Prabha,

can you just clarify my doubts regarding the vertical model..since u have used it. does the steel drum come off while taking the batter or cleaning if we want to...or is it fixed...also i had some more questions in my previous posts...i would appreciate it if you can answer them.

Sangeetha

perfect peninsula Inc
16th March 2005, 10:14 AM
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/images/chefproplus.jpg

Preethi Mixie distinguishes for its non-compromising quality, durability and trouble free performance :!:

Preethi looks Elegant, Sleek and adds beauty to your kitchen.
Preethi comes with 5 multiple size jars to meet all your grinding needs, PLUS Grind, Serve and Store convenience : compared to any other mixie in the market today !!

Preethi Mixie comes with 550 watts powerful motor with DYNA COOL built-in feature, that does not let the motor heat up, even under the toughest job. This indeed helps to increase the life of the motor.

Salem Stainless steel jars,blades are provided for best quality - 100% rust proof !

** We do offer FREE Shipping !! **

1 year Warranty + 3 Year Warranty on Motor
Even after the warranty period, if you still require any spare parts you are eligible for 40% ~ 60% discount, when you buy directly from the Distributor.

For more information visit our website :
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
OR Call Customer Service at 972.691.0686
- Quality Products & Best Customer Service -

perfect peninsula Inc
16th March 2005, 10:42 AM
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/images/Sharp2Litres.jpg

Sharp Counter Top Wet grinder 2.00 ltr Capacity model is On Sale for $245 + FREE Shipping !!
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/Sharp2Litres.html
Sharp 2 tr capacity is ideal for a family of 2 ~ 6 .
It is so convenient, Quick and easy !
You can grind 5 ~ 8 cups at a time !
This avoid you to grind multiple or repeated times.
Special Sale Offer $245.00 + Free Shipping !

For more info visit our web site
www.perfectpeninsula.com

sujathakannan
16th March 2005, 08:02 PM
Sangeetha,

I have Ultra grind table top and my sis bought ultra pride table top. Both of the steel drums comes off fro easy cleaning and taking the batter out easily. It been 5 yrs since I got my table top, no problems so far. My sis one is smaller and compact. She likes it.

Prabha Sreenivas
18th March 2005, 07:38 AM
Hi Sangeetha,

It is very easy to clean the drum of Premier Wonder Grinder. Just lift it off, remove the batter and clean it in the sink. It is as simple as that.

As for the Butterfly Emerald Mixer Grinder, it comes with 4 stainless steel jars. It has been designed to save space and is very efficient.

Both Premier Wonder Grinder drum and the base unit and Butterfly Emerald jars are made of stainless steel and both come with free shipping.

Regards,

Prabha :D

viral patel
15th April 2005, 09:24 PM
hi
i know i can grind khira of idli, dhosa but i have que its anything in that to work for dal.
if no what i can buy for that

tastemakers
26th April 2005, 06:40 AM
hai

Can anybody tell me if its better to buy a mixie in US or bring it from India . my friend told me the converted mixies from India dont always work here . Which brand od mixie is good

thanks in advance

gaya3usa
29th April 2005, 01:43 AM
Check this link :idea: before you buy a mixie -
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=459&highlight=

This link tells you more about various mixie brand available in the USA , its pro and cons , customer complaints, satisfied customer's testimonies, and also gives you the convincing information for you to purchase the unit here in the USA, rather than buying it from India.

The things I considered before buying a mixie
1. Durability ( motor, jars, handles, wear & tear parts etc )
2. Quality ( motor, jars etc )
3. Warranty
4. Jar quality and its user friendly features ( locking clips if any )
5. Number of jars and its capacity
6. Motor- trouble free & its life.
7. reliability and efficiency in grinding
8. brand popularity.
9. $ Price Vs Quality
10. better customer service and after sales service

Before I bought my Indian mixie- Preethi chef pro plus - 5 Jar Mixier Grinder, I considered the above points and the link that help me decide to go for Preethi Mixie !

Still now, I am very happy with performance :)

I would suggest you to do your part of digging and choose the mixie that meets all your grinding needs and a big value for your money :!:

Good luck !

--- Gayathri ---

rajsand
25th May 2005, 01:11 AM
Where in US (Maryland) can we get mini Osterizer Blender? I tried various sites but the shipping is way too expensive than the original product.. Thankyou

SlurpSlurp
10th June 2005, 07:17 AM
Hi Sangeeta ,

My personal experience says Osterizer is the best mixie coz we used it even when we were in India for 15 yrs. It also has a mini jar for chutneys etc. And for the grinder i prefer the tilting one as it is much easier to clean , there's no need to lift the drum ( unless u want to store batter in the same one for which the table top is preferred ) Grinder can be used for all purposes not just battter , so u may not even require a mixie ..thats my view !! hope this helps u . :)

Slurp Slurp

sjeya
26th July 2005, 02:30 AM
Has anybody used a 6 cup 550 watt Kitchen Aid food processor to grind batter for idlis? If yes, what accessories do I need?
Thanks,

gvb
27th July 2005, 08:36 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions/Comments about Premier Wonder Wetgrinder?It looks compact and the price is also not bad.Any input wud be helpful.

GVB