PDA

View Full Version : Cancer of a different kind

pavalamani pragasam
15th March 2005, 07:51 AM
Cancer of a different kind

North and South poles are opposite and they attract each other. It is called magnetism. Our Earth rotates on the axis of these opposite poles. Positive and negative charges come together powerfully. It is called electricity. Pluses and minuses cancel beautifully to make a balanced equation. Male and female are opposite sexes with an inherent affinity for each other. It is the axle on which the wheel of creation revolves. It is the heart throb of Nature. It keeps life on Earth ticking on. It is an apparent law in Nature that opposites draw each other. It is the principle of fertility.
Man and woman were created in order to grow and multiply. If life must go on, if procreation must continue, if the Earth is to thrive with life and activity, the attraction and union of the opposite sexes is a must. The human being who is the king of the animal kingdom rightly understood this fact and has been behaving true to his natural instincts. As population increased, as civilization progressed, wise norms were formed for happy, healthy living. The institution of marriage was introduced and the quality of life became more refined, more dignified.
Just as a healthy body is invaded by dangerous diseases, the normal society has recently been attacked by a dangerous disease, namely, an improper, abnormal attraction of the same sexes. This unnatural behaviour, however, is not new. Very rare and stray cases have been reported in all civilizations, but were always censured and checked.
Recently, especially in the fast developing western countries, the extreme advance of science and technology, the resultant wealth, luxury and prevalence of uninhibited pleasures seem to have triggered a craving for the extraordinary, for the sensational, for the outlandish ideas of living.
Unlimited freedom, unreined youthful passions, utter lack of values have given birth to freakish, perverse trends. A culture of violence and defiance has been generated in this era of global communication by a general atmosphere of nonchalance. An unprecedented increase of wayward, precocious children has caused all sorts of weird, bizarre, unacceptable fashions and notions to come into existence.
Perhaps cloyed with excessive indulgence of all sensual pleasures or goaded by a sense of ennui and restlessness blatant homosexuality has gained a prominent place in today’s society. While lack of sufficient public condemnation of this vulgar abomination is tragic, condoning the act with legal support is like dealing a death blow to the dignity of the human race.
The marriage of the same sex is odious, to say the least. It is absurd. It makes no sense. It is an insult to Nature which designed sexuality otherwise. It is a stigma on human integrity. It makes endearing relations like father, mother, brother, sister, aunt and uncle false and meaningless. Genuine emotions of family attachment can never be expected to spring in such an artificial, unnatural environment. Sheer madness it is to opt for such a parody. Life without depth and meaning, functions without warmth and purpose can merely be a bestial existence.
It is a cruel irony that the legal system which should abolish such a practice is embracing it with its protection. Instead of administering clinical, psychological counseling to persons affected with such unnatural inclinations, instead of dissuading such unhealthy activities, the governments of many western countries have offered legal sanction to this enormity. It is a crying shame. It rings the death knell of decent, healthy, human society. It makes mockery of the noble purpose of creation. It renders the family concept meaningless.
A grave matter that should stir the conscience of the pillars of society has only served to add spice to best selling paperback novels. It deserves more serious thought than being the theme of fiction or sensational newspaper headlines. It is pathetic that what should be shunned as a social evil is welcomed with shameless favour by people, even those steeped in traditional family values of reserve and restraint. An Indian lady who has imbibed western culture had the audacity to make a film endorsing homosexuality and is showered with encomiums for her efforts.
This shows clearly that the practice of homosexuality parading under the name of marriage of the same sex is alike cancer- it spreads its deadly roots slowly, surely and stealthily. It is a grave danger to humanity, a global threat like AIDS. It needs to be faced boldly and effaced decisively. Let worldwide protests and vigorous campaigning open up all channels of therapy. Rise all sane, right-thinking, self-respecting men and women of the world to arrest this downward slide of the human race!

Badri
15th March 2005, 09:41 AM
Mrs PP, A powerful statement indeed of strong personal opinions.

However, yes, there had to be a however, those are strictly personal opinions. Very true what you have said. Evolution requires the attraction of opposites, not the same. However, you are quick to blame some of the unfortunate ones and call their predilection the cancer of a new kind.

But I beg you to consider the entire story from a different angle, look at it from their viewpoint. Do you ask how I profess any knowledge whatsoever about the other angle? Well, let me disabuse any notion you might have that I may myself be homosexual. That is not so. However, I have had the opportunity of coming in contact with quite a few homosexuals in our oh-so-conservative Chennai, and also later on in the US.

I have, off and on, worked with a friend of mine who is a psychiatrist in a leading hospital in Chennai. This doctor friend of mine used to get "patients" who desperately sought to be cured of what they thought was a disease. My friend sometimes called upon my skills as a counselor and I would pitch in and help him.

No, Mrs PP, it was not a choice. Unnatural as it may sound to you, it was not a sexual choice these young men had made. Since as far as they could remember, they were always attracted to the same sex, and were not at all "turned on" by women. Many of them came from respectable families and were, what is called, "closet gay", afraid to even let it be known, lest they be ostracised by society.

While friends their age were bragging about their sexual exploits at college (however real or fake) these poor souls had to make up some story or the other, just so no one would mock them or ridicule them. Some of them, of a marriageable age, were desperate to "change", for their parents had already begun to hunt for brides, and these young men were in a dilemna...neither did they want to come out in the open, nor did they want to marry and bring ruin upon the life of an innocent girl, for they were afraid they might not be able to peform on the nuptial bed.

My heart used to go out when I heard these sorrowful tales. No, there is no medication available for curing them, as my friend assured me and them. Some have been able to marry and even father children. But a few have so strong a mental block that it is difficult for them to get out of it. Again, let me reiterate, Mrs PP, it is not always a voluntary choice these young men have taken. some had been abused by other men as children, but that was a small minority. The greater percentage had simply been that way since they knew what was what.

What you see now - the open exhibition - is not a result of ennui. It is just that some of the rasher and more brave ones among the lot have decided to say enough is enough, we have been made this way through no fault of ours and there is no need for us to be shackled and hounded all our lives.

Interestingly, my psychiatrist friend is doing some study of the phenomena, and I am assisting him in it. I am afraid, out of professional courtesy, I cannot reveal his name in this forum. But the result of that study (though not confirmed yet) shows that a dominant mother and a submissive father in a family can sometimes result in this fixation. What we think happens is that the mother figure is so powerful that the boy develops an obsession with the mother, leading to her being superimposed on every woman he sees. Naturally, there is a severe reluctance to even contemplating sex with a woman. The urge seems to find fulfilment in men. This theory is still in infancy...we just didnt find enough data to be able to consistently prove it.

But the fact remains that not all homosexuals are that way by choice. A great many of them would like it otherwise, but are sadly trapped. Perhaps before I worked with my friend, I might have joined you in criticism, but with the knowledge I have gained through working with him, I now raise up passionately in their cause, even if I stand the risk of being labelled gay.

Badri
15th March 2005, 09:52 AM
Let me also add that no matter how openly and blatantly the Western countries might parade this, very few Indians would still feel comfortable coming out in the open with it. As far as India goes, those poor men and women who have somehow been affected by this have no escape. They will probably bear the secret sorrow of their heart.

I have heard their tales, Mrs PP, I have understood their anguish. Anguish at being "different", anguish at being not understood, anguish at being lonely. Yes, that is how they always came across to me - terribly lonely. For what is the point of being surrounded by people when not one of them can understand you? When I made the effort to understand them, words can't tell you how grateful they were for it.

They deserve a break, Ma'am...and what little lies in my power to give them that break, I shall do.

scorpio
15th March 2005, 10:06 AM
Oh my God, Badri, You've the same views as I have on these poor souls. I had indeed thought of this abnormality as 'yucky' and 'worthy of ridicule' earlier but after I read that they do not dwell into it by design but by default, I really feel sorry about them.

What's wrong in law taking care of the rights of these souls also? Consider two men 'living' together for a long time and law does not recognise their 'pairing' legally. What will happen to the other if the one who was supporting the living financially dies? Should he become a beggar for no fault of his own? Who will get the wealth left by the deceased homosexual? The Government and not the person who took care of him, supported him and shared his life for years with him? What is the essence of marriage after all? Is it not soulful companionship and not merely physical initimacy and procreation?

I also gave a thought about Roshan's post in surrogacy thread wherein homosexuals opt for surrogate mothers to have an offspring of their own ( atleast partially genetic). I did think of it as obscene at first but on thinking about it, is it that condemnable?? If homosexual pairs can adopt children, why not they use surrogacy to have 'genetic' offsprings?

I think the society needs lot more maturity to handle this sensitive issue. It is only a matter of time.

I really wonder why many of my views always differ from the 'populist' faction, but I really can't help it!!!

Badri
15th March 2005, 10:10 AM
My dear dear Akka: You have made me a happy man indeed today. I got your support!!! Seriously, you should have heard their stories. It would have wrung your heart!

If there are any closet or otherwise gays in the Hub, please excuse my observations. They are not intended to in anyway express pity of any sort. No, I only have honest sympathy.

nirosha sen
15th March 2005, 10:12 AM
Aren't these people allowed to legally leave behind a will???? Even if one is not married or related by blood, doesn't Indian law allow these kind of concessions, for one to leave one's worldly possessions???!!!

PP and Scorpio - please enlighten me, as I'm ignorant of your laws.

Cygnus
15th March 2005, 10:19 AM
Badri and scorpio......we have TERRIBLY missed you guys during the famous "puthiya maathavikaL" debate in the old hub!!! :D

If you're interested please google puthiya maathavikaL and follow the link!! We had debated most of the issues related to homosexuality, 'morality' of 'live-in' relationships etc...

PP, Roshan, geno, Shakthi, malligai, Suresh, ukw and others participated there and it was left unresolved on either side...I have always wanted to go back to that one. Thanks to PP for reviving the issue and kicking off fresh new perspectives.

Here's to a lively discussion! :thumbsup:

malligai
15th March 2005, 10:26 AM
PP,
i dint read this bcos the posting was long...but Cygnus has made me curious...will stop by later...
but just caught this by chance,
//Man and woman were created in order to grow and multiply.//--- :lol: :lol: what an understatement of the year... :lol:

scorpio
15th March 2005, 10:32 AM
Niro,

Yes, anyone can make a 'Will' in any beneficiary's name.. but the question, is why should they do it when it is the responsibility of the legal mechanism of the country to protect the rights of every individual?? How many of us have already written our 'wills' and expecting our last moment anytime? Is it not the sole reason behind me not leaving a will, that law will ensure my spouse and kids inherit my property if I conk off, say, the next minute???

Cygnus,

Will google when I have time, thanks!

Badri,

Missed u yesterday, enna client leave vittutaana??

Badri
15th March 2005, 10:34 AM
Cygnus: Will read up, soon as I get some time

Scorpio: Nethu inga Labour Day pa...nice to know even I am actually being missed!!! :lol: Thanks for missing me!! :lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
15th March 2005, 11:38 AM
A real good response, I should say. First, thanx, Badri, for telling the inside story opening the eyes of many critical people like me. May be this is something like impotency, some freak like albino, an insidious defect unlike its close relative, a more openly exposed defect- of the accursed eunuchs.

BUT after humbly accepting this pathological condition I must point out the aberration of homosex as expressed in films like “Fire”. I feel such anomalies are unwarranted. A few years back I got a chance to attend a 3-day workshop on AIDS. I was shocked to learn about sex toys, foreign ones, available to our college hostel girls and enjoyed by them. What do we think about such “homosexual” activities? Is not youth potential being wantonly dissipated by such cultural trends? Let us sympathise with real homosexuals and condemn fake ones. This is not a healthy choice for healthy people to take, is it? It would be rightly called perversion. I also want to say how I hope the research of the effect of “dominant” mothers finally acquits motherhood. I have much disbelief about Freudian approaches.

Badri
15th March 2005, 11:58 AM
I was shocked to learn about sex toys, foreign ones, available to our college hostel girls and enjoyed by them. What do we think about such “homosexual” activities?

Ma'am: Let me be the last to shock your sense of propriety, but there have been reports of girls using much more than just those toys you allude to. Fatal to near fatal accidents have been reported in girls hostels by using anything from test tubes to carrots.

I was shocked too, when I first heard about it, but thankfully, I belong to the younger generation that is quick in adapting to the ever changing scenario of today. While I may not condone everything, (I am rather old-fashioned in that, i am afraid) I certainly have begun to accept that these things are quite prevalant.

Incidentally, I don't think you can classify these as homosexual activities. They are, I belived, clubbed together as "masturbation"

:oops:

Yes, I blush, as I write this...for all that I accused Scorpio Akka, I am as much a Victorian prude!

pavalamani pragasam
15th March 2005, 03:39 PM
Equated to "masturbation"? :oops: So, this is another demonstration of women's lib, women striving to equal men on all platforms? :shock: I cant but harp on my call to young women to remember the biological, intellectual, temperamental (and a host of other aspects) differences between men and women and behave accordingly, understandably. Man & woman are completely two different phenomena complementing each other to make an interesting, fruitful whole. No use one trying to ape the other. Only shame and loss shall ensue! :cry:

Querida
16th March 2005, 10:48 AM
I too once would have wholeheartedly agreed with you Madame PP but as of now after actually befriending such people i find that yes it is however still unsettling is still acceptable adn understandable...I know many think that because westerners advocate homosexuality doesn't mean any of them are really comfortable with it, they believe in the right for one to be gay but ask if they would like their child to be taught/taken care of/coached by such a person and most people look uneasily away...they support the human right but do not agree that it is humanely right...Badri earlier research(survey :roll: ) once "proved" that males without fathers and dominant single moms are more likely to be homosexual....this is no way true....and it has been found that children raised by same sex parents usually don't become homosexual themselves...I rather have homosexual people stay together than have them destroying marriages when coming out of their closet if ever..think how two good people cannot be happy because they just don't feel they belong with each other...and one not knowing what the hell is wrong and the other not being able to tell.... :(

blahblah
16th March 2005, 11:29 AM
As Mrs.PP says we can only sympathise with homosexuals.This looks like another uncomfortable subject.While I fail to understand their psychology and so have decided not to be harsh on them,some points need to be discussed.

Today many developed countries have adapted to the theory that homosexuality is an 'orientation'[not a deviation or even choice].
Just for the argument I have heard some of them say it is their sexual choice on TV shows.The point I would like to put forth is that if it is their choice and is justified then I have every liberty to be a pervert or a paedophile by choice.After all,there are many minor girls 'working' in the brothels in Indian cities like Pune and Mumbai 'by choice'.

If it is an orientation, and they keep it among themselves,we do not have much of a choice,but to allow it,the arguments on morality based on religions not withstanding.

It remains a fact that a good lot of paedophiles come from this category,particularly in societies like India where they find it difficult to find suitable partners.I can offer you examples if needed to support my side when needed.

Again a huge chunk of the socalled homosexuals are really bisexuals who have a SEXUAL ORIENTATION TOWARDS PERSONS OF EITHER SEX.Consider the case of Michael Jackson for example along with the hostel girls whom someone mentioned earlier.
This behavioural deviation[I call it deviation in the case of bisexuals,the gays who are forced to lead a depressed life due to inability to live with women as badri explained earlier are not discussed here] comes from their greed and immorality for sure and this is what we should call a cancer.

Roshan
16th March 2005, 11:35 AM
blahblah :thumbsup:

I hold the same view. !!!

Badri
16th March 2005, 11:43 AM
Trust the blahblah bunny to add the twist!! :wink:

No, really appreciate the way you have introduced a refreshing new angle to the discussion, blahblah. In my passionate defence, I had failed to look on this angle. You are absolutely right! There is no denying the fact that a number of paedophiles, not just in India, do come from this category, as they do not find other partners easily. This cannot be condoned. If we begin to condone this, then every rapist too can blame his aggression on his hormones and walk free.

Neither would I raise my voice offering support to the bisexuals, who probably think they have the "best of both worlds" (?)

Such deviation is to be rightly condemned as a cancer, for it is nothing but a blatant expression of lust, as much as infidelity is. My only concern was the "genuine gays" if I might use such a term without offending anyone must not be victimised or shunned. But such, sometimes, is their unfortunate lot that either they have no one to share this with, or even if they do, they are not likely to find sympathy.

As Querida has rightly pointed out, even though the Western (so-called liberalised) countries pretend to accept the growing phenomenon, privately, few individuals would like their son or daughter to have such an orientation.

pavalamani pragasam
16th March 2005, 12:52 PM
Good going!

rajes002
22nd March 2005, 05:25 AM
Abberations are the order of life!!

Those who are familiar with the theory of evolution will remember that abberant strains which have a better ability to survive and multiply... evolve into species of higher order (when compared to the parent strains)... conversely, those abberant strains which have poorer ability to survive and procreate will perish and be lost in the dustbin of evolution history.

History of mankind shows that abberant homosexual strains were discouraged from following their instincts. They were forced to donate their genes to progenies... compounding the problem. Allowing them to follow their instincts, would have simplified the problem we have today....

The term sexual orientation or choice is an oxymoron - it is not a conscious decision living beings make.... it is instinct... The question is: How much of it is due to "nature" and how much due to "nurture". Maybe we should leave that to the social scientists. Deconvoluting the human genome might give a good insight into many such interesting topics.

Shekhar
22nd March 2005, 09:51 AM
blahblah's observations are thought provoking.
Homosexuality is case of "mal-imprint" in the mind (obviously at a tender age), as Desmond Morris would put. So the question of choice or "cure" for the person doesn't arise. He has just no choice in the issue.
But he has choice of being a pedophile or not. I donot know whether there is really any connection between pedophilism and homo-sexuality. Let us lynch the pedophiles. But the most humane thing would be to leave the homosexuals alone. They deserve as much respect for their being as anybody else. Let us not tag them as homosexuals forgetting that they are individuals.

Badri
22nd March 2005, 10:02 AM
:clap: Sekhar!!