PDA

View Full Version : Life without the cell phone!

Cinefan
17th March 2005, 04:15 PM
I came across this real life experience of a journalist who had to go a week without the cell.I got me thinking as I faced the same situation today,went the first half without the cell&I was in a state of anxiety as if something untoward is going to happen/has happened.The relief I felt when it started working again cannot be described.So,all cell users out there,can you give up the cell altogether?Have you faced a situation when you forgot the cell/it was under repair/lost&how did you feel.

http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2005/mar/16sld.htm

Cinefan
17th March 2005, 04:16 PM
RR,NOV,I wanted the above post as a seperate thread,can you help?

scorpio
17th March 2005, 05:33 PM
Cinefan,

Read thru' the rediff article... nice read, a bit refelecting on ourselves!

On the contrary, I could remember reading a survey sometime back in which many executives had replied that the first utility they'll opt out if given a chance was - cellphone. The next was-emails. Thinking of it, if bosses were ripped of cellphones and stopped from reading emails, why do we pay them for??

oohlala
17th March 2005, 09:46 PM
giving up cellphone.... :shock: for me the whole world will stop revolving...once i went to one of my friends village in Rajastan. it was a very remote village and v have to walk a couple Kms to take a bus...it was then i noticed that my mobile had no coverage. i really felt that somethin was missing in me. though it had no coverage i took it with me where ever i roamed in the village...then i found network in my mobile when i was in the top of a hill...i had 5 days plan in the place but i left with in 3 days for this reason...

hehehewalrus
18th March 2005, 02:17 AM
Living without a cellphone for over 2 years now and thoroughly enjoying it :lol2: :lol2: