Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Plum
7th May 2010, 12:08 AM
Emoticons eduthuttA oru thread paduthudum - edhunnu nIngaLE guess paNNikkOnga

tamizharasan
7th May 2010, 12:09 AM
As per SuhAsini MR is very romantic person. :rotfl:

Why is that FUNNY?

Does P-R know about MR better than suhAshini?

We need to remove all the emoticons! People ABUSE it!

In one interview when interviewer asked suhAsini about the romantic scenes in MR movie , She said he is very romantic person in real life too and that is what shows up in those movies. makkaL santhoshama irundha ungaLukku AgathE.

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:13 AM
I dont think we need to laugh for EVERYTHING!

tamizharasan
7th May 2010, 12:19 AM
I dont think we need to laugh for EVERYTHING!
neenga pAththu mudivu paNNi sonna sari. :cry:

thamiz
7th May 2010, 12:25 AM

Without emoticons we have had wonderful debates! May be you are NEWER here and so ignorant!

kid-glove
7th May 2010, 12:56 AM

Without emoticons we have had wonderful debates! May be you are NEWER here and so ignorant!

No prizes for guessing who is the ruder one..

Movie Cop
7th May 2010, 01:05 AM
Neenga vera... Emoticans-uhh eduthuthA indhe hub-eh paduthudhum! :lol2:

Hub-le more than paadhi per vandi (pointing at self) - indhe emoticons-le thaan odikittu irruku! :lol:

tamizharasan
7th May 2010, 01:06 AM

Hub-le more than paadhi per vandi (pointing at self) - indhe emoticons-le thaan odikittu irruku! :lol:

inglisa thappu thappa ezhutharatha vittutteenga? :lol: :lol:

Movie Cop
7th May 2010, 01:13 AM

Adha eppadi-nga vida mudiyin? Adhu vera context. Yes, fosting in "Fala inspired" lAnguEj is another aspect that can't be given up and that 'bill' has already been cleared for us. :lol:

tamizharasan
7th May 2010, 01:20 AM

Adha eppadi-nga vida mudiyin? Adhu vera context. Yes, fosting in "Fala inspired" lAnguEj is another aspect that can't be given up and that 'bill' has already been cleared for us. :lol:

Lately hub is losing humer because of too much seriousness and pighting I say.

thamiz
7th May 2010, 01:37 AM
I find writing in "inglish" is harder and takes more time for me! Let me stick with the English itself!

P_R
7th May 2010, 11:35 AM

Why is that FUNNY?

I find it funny.
I am not contesting the claim. In fact I may agree because it would take a true blooded, valiant romantic to romance Suhasini :lol2:

Why I find something funny is perhaps the most difficult question for anyone to reply to, isn't it ?

A.Ars: neenga eppidi sirikkureenga ?
Nallasivam: varudhE

We need to remove all the emoticons! People ABUSE it! Inappropriate laughter is our birthright :tablethump:

Plum
7th May 2010, 11:42 AM
In fact I may agree because it would take a true blooded, valiant romantic to romance Suhasini
ennamO pOnga, varungAla Andhra mudhalvar headhunter(siramseevi) hasini mEla thIroNNA kAdhalil irundhadhAga kELvi. Karnatakala visnuvardhan same same.

State by state, pala thalaigaLai saichirukkAnga ammaNi - nInga cool-A unromancaeble-nu solrInga.

p.S; before assuimg I am implying something on Suhasini's character, note closely. These are merely rumours about certain individuals being in love with her, nothing more.

P_R
7th May 2010, 11:44 AM
manadhil urudhi vENdum I guess.

kid-glove
7th May 2010, 11:59 AM
She has a good fanbase outside TN. In fact, her best work are outside TFI. Pranamam-nu oru Mallu padam, in her earlier days. Adhulla nallavE panni irupaanga. "Endearing" type-na pathukonga.

Recently did a motivational mother role in Kammula film "Leader", doesn't annoy me at all, unlike Tamil films or television shows..

Plum
7th May 2010, 12:13 PM
kid, there might be something in what you say. But Kannadala definitely more irritating than in Tamil. Telugula glamour girl avataaram so no comments.
Malayalam, how many have I seen?

Koodevide was okayish in parts, although the eyes-crinkling smile made its annoying appearance now and then. Anyway, one was too busy being mesmerised by Mammookka to notice.

mUNAm pakkam gnabagam illai ippO.
There is one more with MammookkA, where she is his wife, gets estranged etc and I have forgotten the rest(so many Mallu movies from DD days, absorbingA pArthadhu oNyum gnabagam illai)

A couple of telugu movies do stay in mind, though - the pudhiya vaarpugaL remake(despite some frighteningly revealing costumes) and parts of siri vennala.

kid-glove
7th May 2010, 12:18 PM
gnabagam illai - isn't a bad thing at all.
When it comes to suhasini, I have more memories of annoyance, so lack of remembrance is considered an improvement :lol2: :idea:

P_R
7th May 2010, 12:25 PM
Pranamam-nu oru Mallu padam, in her earlier days. Adhulla nallavE panni irupaanga. "Endearing" type-na pathukonga. :shock:
Be careful....ennai chonnEn.

kid-glove
7th May 2010, 12:27 PM
Pranamam-nu oru Mallu padam, in her earlier days. Adhulla nallavE panni irupaanga. "Endearing" type-na pathukonga. :shock:
Be careful....ennai chonnEn. For Endearing :?: Seen the movee?

P_R
7th May 2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't seen it.

..idhellAm nadandherummOnnu beyammA irukku.

kid-glove
7th May 2010, 12:33 PM
See "Koodevide" first.. :) :P

jinju
7th May 2010, 12:44 PM
Koodevide was okayish in parts, although the eyes-crinkling smile made its annoying appearance now and then. Anyway, one was too busy being mesmerised by Mammookka to notice.

mUNAm pakkam gnabagam illai ippO.
There is one more with MammookkA, where she is his wife, gets estranged etc and I have forgotten the rest(so many Mallu movies from DD days, absorbingA pArthadhu oNyum gnabagam illai)

who can forget Raakkuyilin Raagasadassil with those magical songs..."poomughavaathilkkal sneham vidarthunna" being the pick! is that the film u r talking about, in which mammookka is a singer?

another one is Manivathoorile Aayiram Shivaraathrikal and also a bharathan directed ente upasana to their credit...

moonnam pakkam, the one by padmarajan? that didnt have suhasini...

MADDY
7th May 2010, 01:28 PM

Why is that FUNNY?

I find it funny.
I am not contesting the claim. In fact I may agree because it would take a true blooded, valiant romantic to romance Suhasini :lol2:

:rotfl: whenever i think of mani-suhasini pair, a image of GM bracing himself for death in car crash in tata-birla movie comes to my mind.......
'TFIla evalavo actresses irundhum mani sir yen suhasini-a louu marriage pannikittaarunnu' :lol: but trust P_R to nail it :bow:

MADDY
7th May 2010, 01:33 PM
In fact I may agree because it would take a true blooded, valiant romantic to romance Suhasini
ennamO pOnga, varungAla Andhra mudhalvar headhunter(siramseevi) hasini mEla thIroNNA kAdhalil irundhadhAga kELvi. Karnatakala visnuvardhan same same.

State by state, pala thalaigaLai saichirukkAnga ammaNi - nInga cool-A unromancaeble-nu solrInga.

Aei aatha - IDHU dhaan rakth charithra part-3

thamiz
7th May 2010, 06:49 PM

Why is that FUNNY?

I find it funny.

That is what I thought

I am not contesting the claim.

But you are derailing from manirathnam's films discussion to insulting the private life of MR-Suhashini!

Why I find something funny is perhaps the most difficult question for anyone to reply to, isn't it ?

If you are laughing in a funeral, people will think something wrong with your brain and sympathize for you! Nobody cares why you are laughing. They all will know you dont know where you should laugh and where you should not!

Roshan
7th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Maddy,

UngaLukku naaLaikku kalyANam aaga pOguthu - idhE maathiri comments vanthA eppadi irukkum ungaLukku. (I mean like what you talk of MR-Suhasini).

And please note that I am not open for any discussion on this. I only wanted to say that it is totally unnecessary and doesnt sound good or funny at all.

Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

tamizharasan
7th May 2010, 07:07 PM

This alone shows how much you like Suhasini. If I think about it, definitely it makes sense though. :lol:

Appu s
7th May 2010, 07:25 PM
Dont tell that we lost our humour sense... after all its his personal choice ..nothing there to comment,. we should not comment others personal,thats my opinion.

raghavendran
7th May 2010, 07:48 PM

Aei aatha - IDHU dhaan rakth charithra part-3 :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

HonestRaj
7th May 2010, 07:54 PM
Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

ungalukku kalyaanama?

HonestRaj
7th May 2010, 07:57 PM
Dont tell that we lost our humour sense... after all its his personal choice ..nothing there to comment,. we should not comment others personal,thats my opinion.

but all Mani fans comment on this.. I have seen a lot more times from one particular hubber against Suhasini

P_R
8th May 2010, 08:48 AM
But you are derailing from manirathnam's films discussion to insulting the private life of MR-Suhashini!
Okay I plead guilty to digression.
To quote a line written by suhAsini

idhu anaagareegam enRaal...indha anaagareegaththai meeNdum meeNdum seyvOm

If you are laughing in a funeral, people will think something wrong with your brain and sympathize for you! Nobody cares why you are laughing. They all will know you dont know where you should laugh and where you should not! Perhaps. I am glad that we are in agreement that being married to Suhasini is akin to some sort of funeral.

thamiz
8th May 2010, 09:01 AM
I dont mind you are criticizing suhashini when she addresses public issues esp when she is talking like a "revolutionary leader" orof that sort. I am not going to talk about her private life to "pay her off".

P_R
8th May 2010, 09:10 AM
And please note that I am not open for any discussion on this. I only wanted to say that it is totally unnecessary and doesnt sound good or funny at all.

Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

I don't get it, so we can't joke about celebs, is it ? :huh:
Or certain things are off-bound for jokes.

When GM was sick a flurry of friends sent me sms'es with polite enquiries. I replied to some (whom I knew could take it) with the Maaman MagaL quote: "thAthA-nu irundhA saaguradhu dhaan, naamaLum eduthu pudhaikkaradhu dhaan".

This does not mean death is always a laughing matter or that I will not be affected by the passing of a near one. That does not mean there is never a circumstance to laugh about it.

That good humour is necessarily something which has no potential to be hurtful to anyone is one big myth.

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 09:16 AM
P_R

There is a light hearted side to anything under the sun - idhu nammala maadhiri GM fansku thaen puriyin!

edhukkeduthalum tension aana epdi?...

funeral -la aluguravan - karumadhiyappa biriyani saapidamaya irukka poran?

P_R
8th May 2010, 09:19 AM
Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

ungalukku kalyaanama?
yOv....enna panjAyathu nadakkudhunnE theriyAma post paNreeyaLE :lol:

Plum
8th May 2010, 09:19 AM
Vivs, awesome quote on funeral and biriyani. Worthy of GM himself, that quote.

ajithfederer
8th May 2010, 09:23 AM
Ada daa!1 adadaa adadaa

:bow:

Sarna
8th May 2010, 09:27 AM
P_R

There is a light hearted side to anything under the sun - idhu nammala maadhiri GM fansku thaen puriyin!

edhukkeduthalum tension aana epdi?...

Goundamani will be coming out of Public toilet. Senthil will ask " annE saapteengala " . Goundamani will get angry and start beating Senthil with some advices to senthil like "idam, porul, eval, seval, vovvaal etc".

thamiz
8th May 2010, 09:40 AM

Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

I don't get it, so we can't joke about celebs, is it ? :huh:.

Sivaji ganeshan, MGR Kamalahassan and Rajni are also celebrities.

I dont think you can go on talk about their private life in their respective thread and get away with it.

P_R
8th May 2010, 09:48 AM

Prabhu - ungaLukumthaan.

I don't get it, so we can't joke about celebs, is it ? :huh:.

I dont think you can go on talk about their private life in their respective thread and get away with it.
Oh I'd love to. That I can't is a testimony to the levels of tolerance we have in the Hub. You may have also observed that slowly we have pushed the limits of tolerance there too. It takes lot more to get fans to be worked up than it was a few years earlier. Still miles to go before I sleep.

thamiz
8th May 2010, 09:56 AM
Oh I'd love to. That I can't is a testimony to the levels of tolerance we have in the Hub. You may have also observed that slowly we have pushed the limits of tolerance there too. It takes lot more to get fans to be worked up than it was a few years earlier. Still miles to go before I sleep.

I know the phases hub goes through. Your friends can understand your intention but not everyone. may be MR and Suhashini are readers of this thread. Anyway, when someone else does the same taking you as a "role-model" then it becomse a mess in the hub. That is the reason for hub reaching this "level of tolerance" now.

P_R
8th May 2010, 10:04 AM
thamiz, I think we can rest assured that MR-Suhasini aren't reading this thread :lol2: and all this is humour at their expense behind their back.

If they are reading then I would desist from being critical of even their works. I guess, the works themselves would be fair game in your books. But in my opinion, the work of an aritst is likely to be as dear (if not more dear) to himself than his personality.

If I were an artist and I hear someone saying my work is annoyingly superficial, that is likely to me upset even more than remarks about my personal life would, wouldn't it ?

Y Gee Mahendra ellAm hub pakkam varaama irukkaNum :lol2:
Unfunny comedians thread-la avarai thaaRumaarA kizhichirukkOm.

Plum
8th May 2010, 10:05 AM
If more hubbers take feeyaar as ole model, hub will be a better place

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 10:07 AM
If I were an artist and I hear someone saying my work is annoyingly superficial, that is likely to me upset even more than remarks about my personal life would, wouldn't it ?

exActly! if at all mani and suhasini are reading this(mani-suhasini romance) - it mostly would have ended in a laughter.

thamiz
8th May 2010, 10:19 AM
thamiz, I think we can rest assured that MR-Suhasini aren't reading this thread :lol2: and all this is humour at their expense behind their back.

That would be the caseif and only if you PM ed your joke to your like-minded friends but you did not do so. So, your "theory" can be disputed.

Scale
8th May 2010, 10:19 AM
I dont mind if anyone is 'thooru vaariying' any of these celebrities professional life and their despicable public remarks. idhellam naama ketkalana yaaru ketpa? But puking into their husband-wife relationship and quashing their connections is cheap. Whoever it is!

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 10:24 AM
I dont mind if anyone is 'thooru vaariying' any of these celebrities professional life and their despicable public remarks. idhellam naama ketkalana yaaru ketpa? But puking into their husband-wife relationship and quashing their connections is cheap. Whoever it is!

But the cheapest thing to do is to call a song/movie a copy - just becuase one thinks so!..it will hurt the artist more than anything else.

because its like saying - its not your kid,he looks like your neighbour

P_R
8th May 2010, 10:27 AM
But puking into their husband-wife relationship and quashing their connections is cheap. Whoever it is!
Scale, here is what happened. When I read the statement what immediately popped into my mind was MR giving a romantic look a la GM in mEttukkudi and I laughed out loud. Ippo kooda I have a wide grin on my face that I am not translating into an emoticon so as to not fuel things further.

To take that as an investigative, comment on the personal life of people is up to you guys.

Scale
8th May 2010, 10:27 AM
Your level of reception itself shows you still need to grow up!

P_R
8th May 2010, 10:29 AM

That would be the caseif and only if you PM ed your joke to your like-minded friends but you did not do so. So, your "theory" can be disputed. If I have a nasty joke to say about any of this thread's contributors/readers I would surely not post it in this thread I would PM it behind their back to other hubbers who may appreciate a good one at the others' expense.

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 10:31 AM

:lol:

semma comedy sarr neenga!

Scale
8th May 2010, 10:32 AM
That is for Viv! PR, Did MR divorce and cry at your desk. You dont have any $ business to say that it needs a a true blooded....to romance .... her (She is a married woman and have kids). No husband would ever tolerate that and I really appreciate all those hubbers tried to convey this.

Hope you understand this and stop it. indha kodi pudikkiratha nirutha sollunga. Getting worse!

P_R
8th May 2010, 10:33 AM
[tscii:c3b6fb86fc]

Shakespear told...

ANTONIO I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano:
A stage where every man must play a part,
And mine a sad one.
GRATIANO Let me play the Fool.
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come,
And let my liver rather heat with wine
Than my heart cool with mortifying groans.
Why should a man whose blood is warm within
Sit like his grandsire cut in alabaster?
Sleep when he wakes? And creep into the jaundice
By being peevish? I tell thee what, Antonio –
I love thee, and it is my love that speaks –
There are a sort of men whose visages
Do cream and mantle like a standing pond,
And do a wilful stillness entertain,
With purpose to be dressed in an opinion
Of wisdom, gravity, profound conceit,
As who should say, ‘I am Sir Oracle,
And when I ope my lips, let no dog bark!’[/tscii:c3b6fb86fc]

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 10:33 AM
That is for Viv! PR, Did MR divorce and cry at your desk. You dont have any $ business to say that it needs a a true blooded....to romance .... her (She is a married woman and have kids). No husband would tolerate that and I really appreciate all those who tried to convey this.

Hope you understand this and stop. indha kodi pudikkiratha nirutha sollunga. Getting worse!

taken!

Scale
8th May 2010, 10:34 AM
P_R, that is for Vivasayi. Samantham Sammantham illaama yethavathu volara vendiyathu.

P_R
8th May 2010, 10:36 AM
You dont have any $ business to say that it needs a a true blooded....to romance .... her (She is a married woman and have kids). No husband would ever tolerate that and I really appreciate all those hubbers tried to convey this.
Hope you understand this and stop it.
Scale, you don't seem to be getting the point I am making.
Of course it would be hurtful to MR. Heck every joke is painful to the butt of the joke. But that is not a good enough reason to ask someone to not joke about it. That is what I meant when I said it is a myth to assume that the only humour that is good is one that does not hurt anybody.

adhaan strictly 'behind the back'-nu sollittEnE.

indha kodi pudikkiratha nirutha sollunga. Getting worse!
Okay. udanpiRappE-nu address paNNi oru letter ezhudhidarEn.

thamiz
8th May 2010, 10:39 AM
P_R: Nobody said you made a nasty comment. A joke can be interpreted in several ways. Also people get carried away from one joke to another and funny would lead to funnier , that would lead to nasty. It has happened and, it will happen unless we stop giving rooms for such happenings

Plum
8th May 2010, 10:55 AM
Okay. udanpiRappE-nu address paNNi oru letter ezhudhidarEn.

ezhudhittA mattum? :lol:

Mahen
8th May 2010, 11:06 AM
P_R, that is for Vivasayi. Samantham Sammantham illaama yethavathu volara vendiyathu.

Samantha-va? PR tammu oda fan thaane :roll:

Scale
8th May 2010, 11:10 AM
malaysiala 'mani' ethana? :roll:

Mahen
8th May 2010, 11:21 AM
malaysiala 'mani' ethana? :roll:

:lol: Chumaa.. :) i first read it as samantha Sammantham illaama yethavathu volara vendiyathu :oops:

Appu s
8th May 2010, 11:44 AM
Ivar oru thadavai sirichuttar-nnu appdiye vitrukkanum,ippa ivar vitha vithama karpanai panni sirikkuratha kettu vaangikurenga :twisted:

Scale, here is what happened. When I read the statement what immediately popped into my mind was MR giving a romantic look a la GM in mEttukkudi and I laughed out loud. Ippo kooda I have a wide grin on my face that I am not translating into an emoticon so as to not fuel things further.

Scale
8th May 2010, 11:57 AM
Appu_s,

Both MR & Suhasini are (one fine) successful couple :notworthy: and their eldest kid is as big as you/they (I suppose). I discard that even if it was meant as a joke. Unworthily, carried over.

Chapter closed. Forget it!

Vivasaayi
8th May 2010, 11:59 AM
Appu_s,

Both MR & Suhasini are (one fine) successful couple :notworthy: and their eldest kid is as big as you/they (I suppose). I discard that even if it was meant as a joke. Unworthily, carried over.

Chapter Closed.

theerpu solliyachu..ellam edatha gaali pannunga!

MADDY
8th May 2010, 12:35 PM

:exactly:..........but one sumal difference i imagined suhasini giving that expression :yessir:

but good to see one thing aan - people who criticise beautiful works of maniratnam are here to support him 8-) ......feeyar, chak de SRK range-la hub-aa onnu koottitinga maniratnam pakkam :lol: naanum dhaen :P

MADDY
8th May 2010, 12:43 PM
Maddy,

UngaLukku naaLaikku kalyANam aaga pOguthu - idhE maathiri comments vanthA eppadi irukkum ungaLukku. (I mean like what you talk of MR-Suhasini).

can i stop it?? do u think everyone is going to be appreciative of my pair - idhellam enga oorla normal-a adikkra joke dhaan......i mean, indha ponnukku indha payyan remba over and vice-versa etc - i know it may sound outrageously "uncivilised" if you are brought up in some other culture - but i feel its harmless fun and i dont see anything outrageously disgusting in it........

And please note that I am not open for any discussion on this.

hello, yen personal life-a touch pannittu naa dhaanga idha sollanum :lol:

joe
8th May 2010, 12:48 PM
பல பேர் இந்த P_R ஒரு நாளைக்கு மாட்டாமலா போகப்போறான் -ன்னு காத்திருந்து அடிச்ச மாதிரி இருக்கு :lol:

Scale
8th May 2010, 01:08 PM
Joe,

sagikalai :huh: As this is not the first occassion where we (all) have ran across with divergences and regaled it face-to-face & time to time.

intha kodi pudikirathu, aal paarthu adikira velayellam cheap, infantile which I would never indulge in.

maatunada Maddy (joe kaaga),

MR-Suhasini payyan - ponna? :huh: netha kalyaanam aachu..

Plum
8th May 2010, 01:14 PM
Maddy,

can i stop it?? do u think everyone is going to be appreciative of my pair - idhellam enga oorla normal-a adikkra joke dhaan......i mean, indha ponnukku indha payyan remba over and vice-versa etc - i know it may sound outrageously "uncivilised" if you are brought up in some other culture - but i feel its harmless fun and i dont see anything outrageously disgusting in it........

:bow: Maddy.

And please note that I am not open for any discussion on this.

Plum
8th May 2010, 01:16 PM
பல பேர் இந்த P_R ஒரு நாளைக்கு மாட்டாமலா போகப்போறான் -ன்னு காத்திருந்து அடிச்ச மாதிரி இருக்கு :lol:

:exactly: - adhE samayam, andha ambula pAdhi are not aimed at him-ngaradhaiyum nInga gavanikkaNum

Scale
8th May 2010, 01:22 PM
Maddy,

Don't bother to reply. Thanks! :wave:

Roshan
8th May 2010, 02:34 PM
Maddy,

:|

Nothing personal there Maddy. Appadi ungaLa paththi yaaravathu pEsunaa how would you feel'nu thaan kEttEn - this question can be applicable to any one. idhuvE ungaLukku personal'nu thOnichu paarunga - that itself shows that it was not appealing to you (ennathaan neenga LOL emotion pOttaalum). ungaLa paththi yArAvathu ippadi pEsunaa i would have reacted in the same way or even more than this. Hope you would understand :)

PS : BTW, ooru rendupattA 'koothaadikku' kondAttam'baanga - some posts just remind me of that. Poor souls :cry: :cry:

joe
8th May 2010, 02:59 PM
Joe,

sagikalai :huh:

Scale,
Vittudunga ..I am not for any serious discussion here .. P_R -ai kindal panna sonnen .

P_R
8th May 2010, 03:58 PM

:exactly:..........but one sumal difference i imagined suhasini giving that expression :yessir: :bitingcheekstonotlaugh:

P_R
8th May 2010, 04:04 PM
MR படத்தில் ஜோடிப்பொருத்தம் - பத்தி பேசுவோமா ?

As it will be about characters and not real-life, it will be non-controversial. We can start with Guru...

raghavendran
8th May 2010, 06:02 PM

As it will be about characters and not real-life, it will be non-controversial. We can start with Guru...
ya...but somehow i didnt like abhi ash in guru....nothing happening...the film wil bgud only after maddy's entry

Jyothsna
8th May 2010, 06:29 PM
Guru la Abi-Aish a vida Maddy n Vidyabalan pair than nalla iruppanga :)

Roshan
8th May 2010, 07:11 PM
Guru la Abi-Aish a vida Maddy n Vidyabalan pair than nalla iruppanga :)

Adhu oru typical cinemavukkE uritthaana sympathy evoking pair. Vidhya Balan was the typical MR heroine ( over talk, pretending to be cute and slightly eccentric). Maddy's role was simply a vethu vEttu role. Anyway Guru even as a movie doesn't deserve much of a discussion. It's just average.

AravindMano
8th May 2010, 07:31 PM

ஐ சீ :lol:

MADDY
8th May 2010, 09:53 PM

ஐ சீ :lol:

Alaipauthey - Ajith/shalini or madhavan/simran would have been a great pair but thats where our irresistibly rogue creator maniratnam comes in - he always goes against the norms, wishes etc......i mean there is nothing "ideal" abt the couples in his movies......infact most of mani's pairs leave a "cha, it couldve been better with someone else" thing in the heart 8-) ......barring arvindswamy-manisha koirala which was a awesome "looking" pair 8-) ......

Bala (Karthik)
8th May 2010, 11:02 PM
P1:A joke on Thalaivar's personal side which is in tune with what the media makes of it public <without being privy to any of his private side info>
P2: Something similar on Rajini
P3: Some joke which wouldn't offend anybody in the hub but is removed/edited because of some unparliamentary words

Why do you act on P3? I think P3 is the least "hurtful"

P1 and P2 have the highest probability of being used by "others" in an attempt to score points, not P3. As for P3, what does it say on our tolerance? We come across it daily, we might even use it daily but we are trying to be nalla pillaigal here?

Bala (Karthik)
8th May 2010, 11:09 PM
Of course, will i be taking any below-the-belt jokes on my family? Hell, no! The joke might very well be on, but the point is when it comes to tolerance, kambi-pudikkamai might be severely tested. Inga silarukku Kamal/Rajini/NT/MGR/IR/ARR appadi thaan.

app_engine
9th May 2010, 02:47 AM
B(K),

In IR's case it's typically not jokes but serious assault / bashing of personality. Even that is not returned with the kind of intensity that one sees here in this thread against P_R for a mere :LOL: icon :?

When Suhasini can speak about her personal life in public (MR is such a romantic person this that) what is wrong in public commenting / laughing / ridiculing about it?

If it's private life, she can very well keep it private!

Is it so difficult to understand?

I'm one for making fun of anything on public display :-)

app_engine
9th May 2010, 03:03 AM
P_R,
Is it not funny that I'm on your side in this case:-)

OTOH, I've developed a strong liking for Suhasini's acting in the recent years (though I didn't like her when SB was released, recently I watched that DVD tons of times and admired her so much and also some of her old Malayalam movies).

And my recent watch - NK - wow, I loved the movie and her performance!

I strongly feel there's some Suhasini-connection to MR's movies becoming Mahendran-like over the years. (pagal nilavu and idhayakkOyil ellAm horribly made ones if you compare the works afterwards)

app_engine
9th May 2010, 03:11 AM
Some old interview: (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/jul/14smr.htm)

On working with Mani Ratnam

Mani wanted me to work in Anjali, but he thought even that wasn't good enough for me. He wanted to have something substantial to cast me. I would like to be directed by Mani Ratnam but, of course, it is not a big deal. I know the man. I think Balachander will make me act better. Mani's characters will be good but, when it comes to performance, I think Balachander is even better; or, for that matter, Bharati Raja, Mahendran or Kranti Kumar. Mani has considered me for many of his films -- Mouna Ragam, Nayagan (for the daughter's role). He is a good director -- he does not need a co-director. He just needs help with writing so he can concentrate on the making. I wrote the dialogues for Iruvar.

rajeshkrv
9th May 2010, 03:52 AM
somehow suhasini's smile -it's always artificial.. doesnt seem to be original.. it's irritating..

My humble opinion..

tamizharasan
9th May 2010, 04:02 AM
when I posted suhasini's comment, I never thought it would create such ripples in this forum. Guys why we always make big deal out of nothing.

venkkiram
9th May 2010, 04:21 AM

Mani wanted me to work in Anjali, but he thought even that wasn't good enough for me. He wanted to have something substantial to cast me. I would like to be directed by Mani Ratnam but, of course, it is not a big deal. I know the man. I think Balachander will make me act better. Mani's characters will be good but, when it comes to performance, I think Balachander is even better; or, for that matter, Bharati Raja, Mahendran or Kranti Kumar. Mani has considered me for many of his films -- Mouna Ragam, Nayagan (for the daughter's role). He is a good director -- he does not need a co-director. He just needs help with writing so he can concentrate on the making. I wrote the dialogues for Iruvar.

நெனச்சிப் பார்த்தாலே கண்ண கட்டுது!

venkkiram
9th May 2010, 06:02 AM
I'm one for making fun of anything on public display :-)But not on IR, right?

venkkiram
9th May 2010, 06:12 AM
When Suhasini can speak about her personal life in public (MR is such a romantic person this that) what is wrong in public commenting / laughing / ridiculing about it?

தனது தனிப்பட்ட வாழ்க்கையை ஒருவர் பகிர்ந்துகொள்வது இயல்பே. அதை ஒருவர் நகைச்சுவையாக விமர்சிப்பதும் இயல்பே. அந்த நகைச்சுவையை ஒட்டி, இன்னும் சிலர் மூன்றாம் தரமான முறையில் விவாதத்தை எடுத்துச் செல்வதும் இயல்பே. இதையெல்லம் ஜீரணிக்கமுடியாமல் சிலர் கடும் கண்டணம் தெரிவிப்பதும் இயல்பே. Is it so difficult to understand?

thamiz
9th May 2010, 07:57 AM

How would one keep his/her private life private?

In a discussion you are saying that your child is going to such school and said this and that.

Have you or your child become "public" then?

I dont think so! It is certainly not polite to make fun of such things. I am surprized you are saying this! :shock:

thamiz
9th May 2010, 08:00 AM
In IR's case it's typically not jokes but serious assault / bashing of personality.

Would you be conncerned if I take it like a JOKE and laugh about it using an emoticon, :rotfl:

You may find something serious, which others might find it as a JOKE? Why is that too hard to understand?

thamiz
9th May 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm one for making fun of anything on public display :-)But not on IR, right?

Why so? :roll:

Jyothsna
9th May 2010, 08:50 AM
I wrote the dialogues for Iruvar.

Iruvar pathappo mani yean ivlo kevalama dialouge ezhuthi irukkaru nu nenachean, Love is blind grathukku innoru utharanam.

Athilayum prakashraj pesara dialouge ellam.. :argh: Kalaingar veettukkara ammakitta pesumpothu kuda thellu thamizhla ethugai monai yoda pesi puruvathu thooki sirippara enna :banghead:

app_engine
9th May 2010, 09:45 AM
Look, I myself have posted jokes on IR, please go to IR tidbits in the appropriate forum and ensoy if you can :-) In fact, I enjoy making fun of him as much as anyone here - he is not above all that - please! Serious comments need serious replies but jokes are to be taken in that jest, that too LOL icons - come on!

If I'm posting something about my child on a public discussion forum, I know it can be commented upon publicly, ridiculed etc. Let me make it clear, I'm not going to lose my sleep over it or overreact to it :-)

சுஹாசினி - மணி பத்தி ஒருத்தர் சிரிக்கறதுக்கு இவ்வளவு உணர்ச்சி வசப்படுறதப்பாத்தா ரொம்ப வேடிக்கையா இருக்குங்கோ - போன வருஷம் இந்த மைக் மோகனைக்கட்டிப்பிடிச்சு இந்த அம்மா பார்ட்டில ஆடினதெல்லாம் எல்லா வெப்சைட்டிலும் படம் போட்டிருந்தாங்களே, அதை விடவா பிரபுராம் சிரிச்சது உங்களுக்கு அவ்வளவு கேவலமாப்போச்சு? டீன் வயசுப்பைய்யன் எல்லாம் சரி, பழய காலத்து சக நடிகர் கூட எல்லாம் குடி / கூத்து நடத்தினதை விட இங்க ஒரு :lol: அவ்வளவு மோசமா? காமெடி தான்!

app_engine
9th May 2010, 09:49 AM
thamizh,

When my child is performing on stage in front of a 1000 people and I post it on a website, there's nothing private about it :-)

அவன் என்ன இப்படிக்கோமாளி மாதிரி ஆடறான்னு யாராச்சும் சொன்னா சிம்பிளா ஒரு சிரிப்பு சிரிச்சுட்டுப்போயிடுவேன், அம்புட்டுத்தேன் :-)

app_engine
9th May 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm sure MR & Suhasini may not have time for such discussion forums. However, if some close friend point out these discussions to them, I'm >200% sure, they'll enjoy P_R's LOL more than any of the over reactions by the so-called-MR-DHF's :-)

They've been there and seen all that.

Losing sense of humor is such a dangerous thing in life. That is probably understood by any who wants to enjoy life :-)

To make things more clear to those who are humor-challenged,

- MR will be upset if someone tells them that he had messed up XYZ movie or chose a wrong artist or his reach is only chennai or he is < Gowtham Menon etc

- MR will NOT be upset and will do a :lol: if the same someone tells him that he has chosen a "soorpanagai" as wife :lol:

thamiz
9th May 2010, 10:00 AM
Serious comments need serious replies but jokes are to be taken in that jest, that too LOL icons - come on!

So, suhashini saying that MR is romantic is NOT SERIOUS comment?

Why are you LAUGHING out LOUD for that?

why do you think she was JOKING, anyway?!

thamiz
9th May 2010, 10:05 AM
- MR will be upset if someone tells them that he had messed up XYZ movie or chose a wrong artist or his reach is only chennai or he is < Gowtham Menon etc

- MR will NOT be upset and will do a :lol: if the same someone tells him that he has chosen a "soorpanagai" as wife :lol:

I wish MR says what he likes and dislikes than someoneelse saying that!

app_engine
9th May 2010, 10:05 AM
thamizh,

Suhasini's comment could be serious or not. I'm not even going there. All I'm telling about that is it's a statement to the public and public have all the liberty to 1. take it seriously 2. ignore it 3. smile at it 4. laugh at it 5. ridicule it 6. lose sleep over it etc.

All that I'm telling is P_R's :lol: is not serious and does not need this kind of furious reactions :-) After all, Suhasini herself could possibly enjoy his comment :-)

thamiz
9th May 2010, 10:15 AM
thamizh,

Suhasini's comment could be serious or not. I'm not even going there. All I'm telling about that is it's a statement to the public and public have all the liberty to 1. take it seriously 2. ignore it 3. smile at it 4. laugh at it 5. ridicule it 6. lose sleep over it etc.

All that I'm telling is P_R's :lol: is not serious and does not need this kind of furious reactions :-) After all, Suhasini herself could possibly enjoy his comment :-)

a-e: I respect your thoughts. And your broadmind is appreciating sense of humor.

But please if someone do not find that as funny which you find funny , DO NOT go on advise them how they should take what. And stop judging others' sense of humor from THIS ONE ISSUE. Because they might beat you fair and square when IR is ridiculed by someone else, which you might find BITTER and as BAD TASTE!

app_engine
9th May 2010, 10:20 AM
I have seen people who are married for decades happily, with children / grand children etc freely having fun of their spouses right in their presence, without any hurt business - but a hearty laughter :-)

I think one of the main reasons for their success in married life is the capability to have this sense of humor and not take unnecessary things too seriously!

To me, a comment on the spouse by a road-side girl / guy as "நல்ல ரசம் உண்டு" or "தல்லிப்பொளி" is only to be laughed at. It's definitely nothing to lose sleep over.

OTOH, if the spouse is sleeping with another, that's a divorce material and not laughing business.

I hope it cannot be differentiated any more clearer. I'm done with this topic!

app_engine
9th May 2010, 10:25 AM
thamizh,
And, lastly, IR is NOTHING compared to my spouse - who is the most important human to me :-)

Now read my previous post and conclude what I'll do when IR is made fun upon :-)

thamiz
9th May 2010, 10:26 AM
I have seen people who are married for decades happily, with children / grand children etc freely having fun of their spouses right in their presence, without any hurt business - but a hearty laughter :-)

I think one of the main reasons for their success in married life is the capability to have this sense of humor and not take unnecessary things too seriously!

To me, a comment on the spouse by a road-side girl / guy as "நல்ல ரசம் உண்டு" or "தல்லிப்பொளி" is only to be laughed at. It's definitely nothing to lose sleep over.

OTOH, if the spouse is sleeping with another, that's a divorce material and not laughing business.

I hope it cannot be differentiated any more clearer. I'm done with this topic!

Like I said, it is all what you think as wrong and what you think as funny and what you dont think as not funny.

That is not the case for everyone in the world.

If they dont laugh for the joke for which you are laughing out loudly, that does not mean they lack of sense of humor.

thamiz
9th May 2010, 10:29 AM
a-e: I am not going to talk about your personal issues here. I just gave you an example to try make you undersand that it is impolite tomake fun of a honest statement of one's personal/private experience! I dont think sugashini will laugh out when she reads P-R's comment. You can disagree wtih me. Let us agree to disagree on this. :)

app_engine
9th May 2010, 10:34 AM
That is not the case for everyone in the world.

If they dont laugh for the joke for which you are laughing out loudly, that does not mean they lack of sense of humor.

Ofcourse, I totally agree!

Each one is different. In other words, P_R <> thamizh :-) (also app_engine <> P_R or thamizh :-) )

And I'm not advising anyone, absolutely NOT!

Advice is the cheapest thing available in the world and I'm qualified enough not to sell myself that cheap :-)

Please take my comments in this thread as my personal entertainment ONLY !

tamizharasan
9th May 2010, 11:25 AM
adappavigalA

solla vEndiya karuththaiyellam sollittu kadaisiyila comedy entertainment 'nnu solreengalE. :x

Bala (Karthik)
9th May 2010, 11:27 AM
B(K),

In IR's case it's typically not jokes but serious assault / bashing of personality. Even that is not returned with the kind of intensity that one sees here in this thread against P_R for a mere :LOL: icon :?

I'm one for making fun of anything on public display :-)
Let me clarify. I'm all for jokes, leg-pulling (self included) and all. Ippo kooda indha romantic vishayathula enakku prachanai illa. Thalaivara thread la kooda ippo avara pathi joke dhaan neraya poitrukku. Adhellam oru mattere illa. Aana, sila per joke-ngara porvaya use panni thaakka aramippaanga. PR sonna madhiri the hub is a better place now than what it was a couple of years ago. "Baed elements" vandhutta pazhaya padi aidum.
And tolerance pathi pesumbodhu, on the one hand when we talk about not taking things seriously, if we can't handle some munna-pinna language (when its used in jest and not at any hubber), isn't that problematic?

Roshan
9th May 2010, 11:42 AM
adappavigalA

solla vEndiya karuththaiyellam sollittu kadaisiyila comedy entertainment 'nnu solreengalE. :x

You were also part of that so called entertainment right ? And I am unable to figure out if you are serious here or again trying to create some 'entertainment' .

Argue paNNanumnaa entha topic'la vEnaalum argue paNNalaam - irrespective of the subject as long as you have some good debating skills and enough time to waste. And sense of humour'nu ethukku vEnaalum sirikkalaam. It only needs a finger to click some icons here.

Sarna
9th May 2010, 11:45 AM
Argue paNNanumnaa entha topic'la vEnaalum argue paNNalaam - irrespective of the subject as long as you have some good debating skills and enough time to waste. And sense of humour'nu ethukku vEnaalum sirikkalaam. It only needs a finger to click some icons here.

:roll:

tamizharasan
9th May 2010, 11:49 AM
adappavigalA

You were also part of that so called entertainment right ? And I am unable to figure out if you are serious here or again trying to create some 'entertainment' .

ok Roshan En serious aagureenga. Let me give you some history.
My wife is a big fan of MR and once we discussed about the romantic scenes in MR movie. She said as per SuhAsini, mani rathnam is basically very romantic and that is why all his movies including serious karuththu sollum movies, he mixes up romance. I just told that. It was neither for comedy nor for serious discussion. Just a fact about MR's personality. But here things are blown out of proportion. So I am sitting back and enjoying the show when I can't complain or cry.

Roshan
9th May 2010, 11:58 AM
adappavigalA

ok Roshan En serious aagureenga. Let me give you some history.
My wife is a big fan of MR and once we discussed about the romantic scenes in MR movie. She said as per SuhAsini, mani rathnam is basically very romantic and that is why all his movies including serious karuththu sollum movies, he mixes up romance. I just told that. It was neither for comedy nor for serious discussion. Just a fact about MR's personality. But here things are blown out of proportion.

OK fine :)

So I am sitting back and enjoying the show when I can't complain or cry.

This doesnt make sense to me. If you feel like complaining and crying then what kind of enjoyment are trying to get from that show?

equanimus
9th May 2010, 04:02 PM
போன வருஷம் இந்த மைக் மோகனைக்கட்டிப்பிடிச்சு இந்த அம்மா பார்ட்டில ஆடினதெல்லாம் எல்லா வெப்சைட்டிலும் படம் போட்டிருந்தாங்களே, அதை விடவா பிரபுராம் சிரிச்சது உங்களுக்கு அவ்வளவு கேவலமாப்போச்சு? டீன் வயசுப்பைய்யன் எல்லாம் சரி, பழய காலத்து சக நடிகர் கூட எல்லாம் குடி / கூத்து நடத்தினதை விட இங்க ஒரு :lol: அவ்வளவு மோசமா? காமெடி தான்!
[Aside] Huh? நடந்த பார்ட்டில அழைக்கப்பட்ட press மக்கள் எடுத்தப் படங்களைத் தானே போட்டிருந்தாங்க? அதுல என்ன "கேவலம்" இருக்க முடியும்?

venkkiram
9th May 2010, 04:11 PM
சுஹாசினி - மணி பத்தி ஒருத்தர் சிரிக்கறதுக்கு இவ்வளவு உணர்ச்சி வசப்படுறதப்பாத்தா ரொம்ப வேடிக்கையா இருக்குங்கோ - போன வருஷம் இந்த மைக் மோகனைக்கட்டிப்பிடிச்சு இந்த அம்மா பார்ட்டில ஆடினதெல்லாம் எல்லா வெப்சைட்டிலும் படம் போட்டிருந்தாங்களே, அதை விடவா பிரபுராம் சிரிச்சது உங்களுக்கு அவ்வளவு கேவலமாப்போச்சு? டீன் வயசுப்பைய்யன் எல்லாம் சரி, பழய காலத்து சக நடிகர் கூட எல்லாம் குடி / கூத்து நடத்தினதை விட இங்க ஒரு :lol: அவ்வளவு மோசமா? காமெடி தான்!

தவறு ஒன்றும் இருப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை. வாரக் கடைசியில் சந்தித்துக்கொண்டாலே நண்பர்கள் தண்ணி அடிக்கிறார்கள். இருபது வருட இடைவெளியில் நண்பர்கள் ஒன்றாக சந்திக்கும் போது இப்படி மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருப்பதில் தவறில்லை. குடி / கூத்து வைத்துக்கொள்வது உங்களுக்கு ஏன் தவறாக தோன்றுகிறது? தனிப்பட்ட விருப்பம். அது போன்ற புகைப்படங்களை பார்க்கும்போது "பாருங்கப்பா! எப்படியெல்லாம் நட்போடு இருக்கிறார்கள்! நாமளும் அப்படி ஒரு பழைய நண்பர்கள் சந்திப்பு நடத்தினால் என்ன!" என்றளவில் மட்டுமே நமது சிந்தனை இருக்கவேண்டும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

complicateur
9th May 2010, 05:28 PM
போன வருஷம் இந்த மைக் மோகனைக்கட்டிப்பிடிச்சு இந்த அம்மா பார்ட்டில ஆடினதெல்லாம் எல்லா வெப்சைட்டிலும் படம் போட்டிருந்தாங்களே, அதை விடவா பிரபுராம் சிரிச்சது உங்களுக்கு அவ்வளவு கேவலமாப்போச்சு? டீன் வயசுப்பைய்யன் எல்லாம் சரி, பழய காலத்து சக நடிகர் கூட எல்லாம் குடி / கூத்து நடத்தினதை விட இங்க ஒரு :lol: அவ்வளவு மோசமா? காமெடி தான்!
[Aside] Huh? நடந்த பார்ட்டில அழைக்கப்பட்ட press மக்கள் எடுத்தப் படங்களைத் தானே போட்டிருந்தாங்க? அதுல என்ன "கேவலம்" இருக்க முடியும்?
I think the assumption is that those pictures were taken unbeknownst to the participants and that they were doing something that the ought to be ashamed of. As equa points out, Lizzie did intend for the press to take those pictures at her party and the pictures did not seem out of the ordinary at all.

Roshan
9th May 2010, 05:37 PM

தவறு ஒன்றும் இருப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை. வாரக் கடைசியில் சந்தித்துக்கொண்டாலே நண்பர்கள் தண்ணி அடிக்கிறார்கள். இருபது வருட இடைவெளியில் நண்பர்கள் ஒன்றாக சந்திக்கும் போது இப்படி மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருப்பதில் தவறில்லை. குடி / கூத்து வைத்துக்கொள்வது உங்களுக்கு ஏன் தவறாக தோன்றுகிறது? தனிப்பட்ட விருப்பம். அது போன்ற புகைப்படங்களை பார்க்கும்போது "பாருங்கப்பா! எப்படியெல்லாம் நட்போடு இருக்கிறார்கள்! நாமளும் அப்படி ஒரு பழைய நண்பர்கள் சந்திப்பு நடத்தினால் என்ன!" என்றளவில் மட்டுமே நமது சிந்தனை இருக்கவேண்டும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

Hehe namma sinthanaithaan nammaLavida ethunaiyO varudam mootha thambathi eppadi romance paNNikuvaangannu kaRpanai paNNi sirikkiRa level'la irukkE - avangakitta irunthu vERa enna vidhamAna sinthanaiya ethirpaarkka mudiyum'nu nenkireenga :huh:

Anyway, I appreciate your views and fully agree.

Roshan
9th May 2010, 05:56 PM
And I think it's time for the Mods to come and sprinkle some dettol here.

Thiru intha maathiri vishayathukkellaam silent'a iruppaar :x

Plum
10th May 2010, 03:13 PM

நெனச்சிப் பார்த்தாலே கண்ண கட்டுது!

oh irundha prachnaila indha border ooduravalai naan gavanikkavE illai!

Mani wanted me to work in Anjali, but he thought even that wasn't good enough for me.

:evil: - ennamO revathy ivangaLukku inferior actress maadhiri, that role was not good enough for me-yAmAm. Thank God, Revathy did that role - Suhasini nadichirundhA :rotfl:

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 04:52 PM
:evil: - ennamO revathy ivangaLukku inferior actress maadhiri, that role was not good enough for me-yAmAm. Thank God, Revathy did that role - Suhasini nadichirundhA :rotfl:
Not exactly comparing the films.

En Bommakutti Ammavukku-la oru madhiri nadichu irupaanga. Not fully annoying.

Plum
10th May 2010, 04:55 PM
Not fully annoying.
Something in that sentence construction made me smile :-)

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 04:57 PM
P1:A joke on Thalaivar's personal side which is in tune with what the media makes of it public <without being privy to any of his private side info>
P2: Something similar on Rajini
P3: Some joke which wouldn't offend anybody in the hub but is removed/edited because of some unparliamentary words

Why do you act on P3? I think P3 is the least "hurtful"

P1 and P2 have the highest probability of being used by "others" in an attempt to score points, not P3. As for P3, what does it say on our tolerance? We come across it daily, we might even use it daily but we are trying to be nalla pillaigal here?

:exactly: I'm P3 in these parts. :lol: There is some sort of misplaced righteousness in condoning P1 & P2...

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "f-word" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:01 PM
I am for P1, P2 and P3. However, P3 will let loose an anarchy that cannot be combated with the number and nature of Mods we have(2, part-time). How do you establish that the usage of profanity was in jest, and harmless?

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:09 PM
P1 & P2 aren't exactly harmless or less unsavory than the swear words, you know.

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:11 PM
kid, enakku degree-yE illai idhula. The only question is how much of moderation needs to be done - I'd reckon a lot more for P3 than for P1 and P2.

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:16 PM
kid, enakku degree-yE illai idhula. The only question is how much of moderation needs to be done - I'd reckon a lot more for P3 than for P1 and P2.
(Fake laughs)
And I thought my jokes were bad.

A mixture of P1/P2 and P3 could let loose chaos. It would let loose an anarchy that would upset the established order, the moderators. But the thing about chaos is, It's not necessarily unfair..

Prabo
10th May 2010, 05:20 PM
AB is pathetic in Raavana trailer/stills...kozhanthaiku poochaandi kaatra maathiri expressions in almost all :sigh2:

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:21 PM
AB is pathetic in Raavana trailer/stills...kozhanthaiku poochaandi kaatra maathiri expressions in almost all :sigh2:

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:21 PM
kozhanthaiku poochaandi kaatra maathiri expressions
You nailed it! I was looking for the right description - this is the perfect one.

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:23 PM
But one thing - Apisek pachanukku inga yaarum fans illai - evLO kEvala paduthinAlum kEppArillai.

My suggestion, avar pErula oru thread aaramichudalAM. endha celbertiy-Oda fan-ku kObam vandhAlum, avanga solla vENdiyadhai apisek thread-la apisek pErukku archanai paNNalAm. Tension release for the fan - and relatively cleaner threads everywhere else in the forum :-)

jinju
10th May 2010, 05:26 PM
apt description prabo! :D

happened to see the audio cd of the hindi version in music gallery yesterday, and in that cover also there was this kinda scene! u put it perfectly! :lol: but without doubt, this is going to be hailed as his career best perfomances...

jinju
10th May 2010, 05:28 PM
But one thing - Apisek pachanukku inga yaarum fans illai - evLO kEvala paduthinAlum kEppArillai.

My suggestion, avar pErula oru thread aaramichudalAM. endha celbertiy-Oda fan-ku kObam vandhAlum, avanga solla vENdiyadhai apisek thread-la apisek pErukku archanai paNNalAm. Tension release for the fan - and relatively cleaner threads everywhere else in the forum :-)

not sure plum, coz i remember seeing one supportive comment on abhishek, a rarity here as u mentioned...but don't know if it's a fan... but there will be opposition:D

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:33 PM
[tscii:266a287768]

not sure plum, coz i remember seeing one supportive comment on abhishek, a rarity here as u mentioned...but don't know if it's a fan... but there will be opposition:D'

As long as it isn't suggestive of his sex life, it's safe. That doesn't necessarily mean "all things sex" will be offensive.

For example, there is a famous chant sung by Arsenal fans, “He’s French, he’s quick, his name’s a porno flick. Emannuelle, Emannuelle” about a club player. It's saucy, but isn't raunchy. Safe & clean fun for the family.

Recently the said player expressed gratification for that.
“Yes, I knew what it meant. I was happy, because it is a form of recognition to have a song named after you.

It reminds you of Emmanuelle (the porn actress) sitting on her chair with her legs crossed. The Emmanuel films were very good, especially the one…which one is it again? When she is sitting on the swing, it starts raining and they throw themselves on the floor and start rolling about in the mud. I adored it!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl:[/tscii:266a287768]

MADDY
10th May 2010, 05:47 PM
i liked Abhishek in Yuva, Guru and Paa :?

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:48 PM

:x After Paa and couple of other films, I think ApisEk is severly limited. Although in fairness, he was alright in Guru and Yuva. Even RGV ki "Naach"..

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:51 PM
Paa oru ithu pOna movie. romba kaduppAittEn pArthuttu - But adhula he was okay-nu dhAn thOnichu. Not much out of his league - that character.

MADDY
10th May 2010, 05:57 PM

:x After Paa and couple of other films, I think ApisEk is severly limited. Although in fairness, he was alright in Guru and Yuva. Even RGV ki "Naach"..

even i think so

:lol: for bolded part - jus imagining RGV dancing......nothing personal against Ramu, though :)

kid-glove
10th May 2010, 05:57 PM

even i think so

:lol: for bolded part - jus imagining RGV dancing......nothing personal against Ramu, though :)

:rotfl:

Plum
10th May 2010, 05:58 PM

even i think so

(Dhoniya "officela photo kuduthuu pO"-nu sonnArulla, dhaanikki dheenikku sari pOyindhi!)

MADDY
10th May 2010, 06:04 PM
(Dhoniya "officela photo kuduthuu pO"-nu sonnArulla, dhaanikki dheenikku sari pOyindhi!)

something told me u would bring this link up :lol: .........we have a good sync :) ..........but really i didnt have that in mind - kafam fe :P

Plum
10th May 2010, 06:07 PM
nAn apdi sollala Maddy - I linked it myself and found it funny

Thirumaran
11th May 2010, 02:04 PM
Let us back to MR films :P

MADDY
19th May 2010, 04:42 PM
http://dearcinema.com/news/raavan-screen-venice-mani-ratnam-be-honored

"One of the great innovators in contemporary Indian cinema, he helped introduce the auteur concept to contemporary Bollywood. Ratnam's movies display precision and poise, and have always been removed from the bombast and bluster of mass-produced regional cinema," said Mueller

tamizharasan
19th May 2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030412/windows/main4.htm

What comes as a surprise is Suhasini's admission, "Mani is very romantic."

Just thought about it. Don't read too much into it.

thamiz
19th May 2010, 11:10 PM
Jeez! What are you upto now, TA! :lol:

tamizharasan
19th May 2010, 11:32 PM
Jeez! What are you upto now, TA! :lol:
I just wanted to tell the hub that I did not make up that statement. It was true statement and it was probably the reason for why all MR movies so romantic. :shhh:

thamiz
19th May 2010, 11:48 PM
Let us back to MR films :P

:)

Sudarsh
20th May 2010, 04:43 AM
Some good films of Mani Ratnam in my opinion are Iruvar, Alaipayuthey, Kannathil Muthamittal, Iruvar and Nayagan :D

raghavendran
20th May 2010, 08:41 AM
Some good films of Mani Ratnam in my opinion are Iruvar, Alaipayuthey, Kannathil Muthamittal, Iruvar and Nayagan :Devvolo vaati iruvar solluveenge sudarsh....oruvele adhu 2 mani padathukku samamnnu mean panreengala? :D

rangan_08
20th May 2010, 06:36 PM
[tscii:a636fe0de1]Recently Anandha Vikatan re-published “ Mouna Ragam “ review in its “ Pokkisham “ section. It was a very disappointing and insipid review. Just a blunt description about the outline of the story, the characters etc., and there was not a single praiseworthy statement about the music, performances (except Divya’s character) or about the technical aspect.

Surely, Mouna Ragam was a trend setting film for its technical abilities and I know many friends and relatives who were just crazy about the film. I don’t know if it is right to say that only after MR, technicians like PC Sreeram, Thotta tharani, Lenin-Vijayan & even Mani Ratnam, for that matter, not only gained prominence but also achieved star status. Surprisingly the review carried not a single word about these eminent personalities !!

Finally, to my great dismay, I couldn’t find a single word about Karthik !!!!!
[/tscii:a636fe0de1]

rangan_08
20th May 2010, 06:55 PM
[tscii:e76c4804d4]I always get this doubt whenever I watch the famous Suriya’s death scene in Nayakan ( I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before or am I just flogging a dead horse ?? )

Velu Nayakar half-heartedly permits his son to take on his first “ assignment “ and remains on tenterhooks. Unfortunately, Suriyas’ man goofs up and things get awry. Nayakkar somehow smells this and when he finally calls up Suriya over phone, he simply says, “ mmm..onnum illa... nee vaa “. All this clearly shows that Nayakkar is closely monitoring everything about this assignment. In this case, the accident news should have been conveyed to him first whereas, it is not.

Next morning, we see a very fresh Nayakkar feeding the pigeons on the roof top. We can also spot the vermilion on his fore head, which he keeps after performing his daily routine of pujas. Finally his old buddies break the news to him. When Nayakkar sees the corpse of his son from the balcony , we see that almost the entire vicinity has been gathered in his house and that all the arrangements had been done. All this time, Nayakkar is completely unaware about what’s happening in his house and that too about his son’s death.

The moment Suriya’s body is brought in, the ladies or others present in the house would have let out a big cry and that would have been enough for Nayakar to react. But I think that this entire scene must have been conceived in order to give that cinematic effect, which of course was successfully done.

This is just my view and correct me if I'm wrong.[/tscii:e76c4804d4]

Sudarsh
20th May 2010, 09:28 PM
Some good films of Mani Ratnam in my opinion are Iruvar, Alaipayuthey, Kannathil Muthamittal, Iruvar and Nayagan :Devvolo vaati iruvar solluveenge sudarsh....oruvele adhu 2 mani padathukku samamnnu mean panreengala? :D

raghav iruvar epdi na marka mudiyam? especially mohanlal, prakash raj and aishwarya's performance :wink:

Vivasaayi
20th May 2010, 10:23 PM
rangan,

nayakkar dont want to listen to the details on phone as it might be tapped. :)

rangan_08
21st May 2010, 06:25 PM
rangan,

nayakkar dont want to listen to the details on phone as it might be tapped. :)

neenga SSLC pass-nu naan othukaren :D ( jus kidding)

venkkiram
1st June 2010, 04:01 PM
[tscii:54cacf241d]Mani to work with Yuvan
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, June 01, 2010]

Nearly two decades after he parted ways with Illayaraja, ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam will now join hands with the music maestro’s son Yuvan Shankar Raja for a Hindi movie to be produced by Madras Talkies.

Interestingly, Mani will play the producer role alone for this venture, which will be directed by his assistant Shivakumar. The film will have Vivek Oberoi as hero and a top Bollywood actress as the heroine.

Confirming this, Yuvan says, “I have been roped in for a Hindi movie to be produced by Mani Ratnam and directed by Shivakumar. I am excited to be a part of the project. It is going to be a different attempt.”

Meanwhile, sources have it that Mani was earlier planning to direct the film but later handed it over to Shivakumar as he felt his associate would be the right choice to wield the megaphone for this movie.[/tscii:54cacf241d]

ajaybaskar
1st June 2010, 04:38 PM
Good news.. But I doubt the last para though..

ajaybaskar
2nd June 2010, 09:33 AM
Many more happy returns of the day, Mani Sir!!

MADDY
2nd June 2010, 10:00 AM
wow, Mani sir birthday :bow:

ajaybaskar
8th June 2010, 09:48 AM
Mani's next film may have Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan in the lead. Its a story of two boys on the either side of the border and have a common love interest.

Source: TOI

Bala (Karthik)
8th June 2010, 09:50 AM
Mani's next film may have Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan in the lead. Its a story of two boys on the either side of the border and have a common love interest.

Source: TOI
Mani Sir, no!!!

Plum
8th June 2010, 10:13 AM
What? Ajay, sariyA pArung that must be aditya cchopra's nestu philim

MADDY
8th June 2010, 10:57 AM
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=25&sectid=edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=08-06-2010&pubname=Times+of+India+-+Chennai&edname=&articleid=Ar02500&publabel=TOI

mani is planning another solo movie with ranbir :lol:

Mahen
8th June 2010, 11:24 AM
Too many rumors on his next..I have got one..Tammu is in Mani's next... :) i have asked Sarna for assistance as the video is in Telegu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIWp3sQS_-U&playnext_from=TL&videos=FLppx3PLKrE&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-1-HM

Plum
8th June 2010, 11:38 AM
BTW, Rajniti reviews Ranbir has arrived range-la pEsaliyA? Natl Award suruthiyA?

Dinesh84
8th June 2010, 11:40 AM
Tamil la aduthu enna padam pannrar? :?

ajaybaskar
8th June 2010, 11:42 AM
As per insiders info, he may produce a film with Kannan as director.

MADDY
8th June 2010, 12:00 PM
BTW, Rajniti reviews Ranbir has arrived range-la pEsaliyA? Natl Award suruthiyA?

neenga indha negative stratergy-a vidave maattengalaa :lol:

btw, neenga kavalaye padathinga, i highly doubt if run-beer even has the aptitude to learn good acting, avan ellam salman madhiri 20 varusham act panni "tere naam" is the best performance-nnu sollittu thiriyuvaan :) ......

ajaybaskar
8th June 2010, 12:06 PM
Maddy,

Appadiyellam Salman sollavae illai. He still says 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' is his best!!!

Appu s
8th June 2010, 12:09 PM

btw, neenga kavalaye padathinga, i highly doubt if run-beer even has the aptitude to learn good acting, avan ellam salman madhiri 20 varusham act panni "tere naam" is the best performance-nnu sollittu thiriyuvaan :) ......
http://www.filmfare.com/articles/suriya-sunny-side-up-1026.html
cant post the exact words now,read it in end of the interview,surya has to talk something abt Ranbir,interesting :lol:

MADDY
8th June 2010, 12:17 PM

cant post the exact words now,read it in end of the interview,surya has to talk something abt Ranbir,interesting :lol:

surya en marriage function-kku vandha enna kooda oru sirandha software engineer-nnu solliduvaaru, avalavu nallavaru :P

MADDY
8th June 2010, 12:18 PM
Maddy,

Appadiyellam Salman sollavae illai. He still says 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' is his best!!!

recently watched this movie - right ears full blood leaking after seeing salman's ferfarmans.......SLB is too way over rated, illa im missing something in his films :?

Plum
8th June 2010, 12:19 PM

surya en marriage function-kku vandha enna kooda oru sirandha software engineer-nnu solliduvaaru, avalavu nallavaru :P

:lol: - sonnAlum solluvAru.

In any case, he just said that Ranbir can make average movies look good - which presumably he is doing with Ajab Prems hitting pay dirt. In that sense, Ranbir could well become Saarug Gaan, or jalmaan gaan.
(You can also interpret that as Surya jibing at Ranbir that the latter is acting only in average movies!)

Plum
8th June 2010, 12:20 PM
Maddy,

recently watched this movie - right ears full blood leaking after seeing salman's ferfarmans.......SLB is too way over rated, illa im missing something in his films :?

Amen, Amen. Baradawaja Ranganaar says he is a visionary filmmaker whose vision is not being understood by public. ennatha vision podalangaaiyO, enakku puriyala.

Plum
8th June 2010, 12:22 PM
As for HDDCS, a movie in which a wooden DevagaNam is the best performer says everything that needs to be said about it. Rai and Salman are intolerable. Rai's father Vikram Gokhale - mudilladA saami rangeku emote paNnuvAn.

kid-glove
8th June 2010, 12:23 PM
Ranbir is a modern-day Arvind Saamy. I think the fact people overrate him could be because his persona poses no offense to most.

ajaybaskar
8th June 2010, 12:24 PM
SLB ozhunga edutha orey padam 'Saawariya'.

Padam eppadi irukkumgradhai titleleye sonnaru andha punniyavaan!!!

AudazJay
9th June 2010, 12:29 PM
SLB ozhunga edutha orey padam 'Saawariya'.

Padam eppadi irukkumgradhai titleleye sonnaru andha punniyavaan!!!

It took me some time to understand this, nevertheless :lol:

raghavendran
9th June 2010, 02:14 PM
Ranbir is a modern-day Arvind Saamy. I think the fact people overrate him could be because his persona poses no offense to most.he is stne faced...expressionse vara matengudhu..bonda vayule veche madhiri mulikiran

rangan_08
11th June 2010, 07:08 PM
wow, Mani sir birthday :bow:

It seems both MR & IR share the same birth date ! (brangan's blog)

NOV
11th June 2010, 07:25 PM
(brangan's blog)why go so far... its right here
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2145212#2145212

Mahen
10th July 2010, 12:04 PM
[tscii:048253a322]Mani’s next ‘Pookkadai’?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, July 10, 2010]

It seems Mani Ratnam has zeroed in on a title for his next venture. If reports are to be believed, the ace filmmaker, who is getting ready to launch Karthik’s son Gautham in the movie, has named it ‘Pookkadai’.

“Remember it was Mani Ratnam who directed the two important films in Karthik’s career- Agni Natchathiram and Mouna Ragam. And he was the one who announced the reentry of Karthik in Raavanan,” sources say.

“The good rapport between the actor and the filmmaker has now resulted in the latter introducing the former’s son as hero. The movie will be a typical Mani kind of urban love story with music by A R Rahman,” they add.

“The director is now keenly watching the responses evoked by his last release ‘Raavanan’ and ‘Raavan’. In the meantime, he is also busy doing groundwork for his next venture. He may reveal the details soon,” sources maintain.[/tscii:048253a322]

A.ANAND
10th July 2010, 12:11 PM
[tscii:7b463e9c82]Mani’s next ‘Pookkadai’?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, July 10, 2010]

It seems Mani Ratnam has zeroed in on a title for his next venture. If reports are to be believed, the ace filmmaker, who is getting ready to launch Karthik’s son Gautham in the movie, has named it ‘Pookkadai’.

“Remember it was Mani Ratnam who directed the two important films in Karthik’s career- Agni Natchathiram and Mouna Ragam. And he was the one who announced the reentry of Karthik in Raavanan,” sources say.

“The good rapport between the actor and the filmmaker has now resulted in the latter introducing the former’s son as hero. The movie will be a typical Mani kind of urban love story with music by A R Rahman,” they add.

“The director is now keenly watching the responses evoked by his last release ‘Raavanan’ and ‘Raavan’. In the meantime, he is also busy doing groundwork for his next venture. He may reveal the details soon,” sources maintain.[/tscii:7b463e9c82]

in news unmaiyya irutha :happydance: :happydance: :cheer: :cheer: :pink: :pink: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

Mahen
10th July 2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah..Mani needs a break after shooting Ravanan..So oru breezy love story is what we want :)

A.ANAND
10th July 2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah..Mani needs a break after shooting Ravanan..So oru breezy love story is what we want :)

:yes: we want mani back in tamil!no more billingual rit now! :D
ellam mani fans ethirpakkarathu ithuthan!cross finger! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
10th July 2010, 12:25 PM

:yes: we want mani back in tamil!no more billingual rit now! :D
ellam mani fans ethirpakkarathu ithuthan!cross finger! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

HonestRaj
10th July 2010, 06:56 PM

can't control laughing at this :lol:

app_engine
12th July 2010, 09:31 PM
a blog post on MR's MR (http://micset.devcutchery.com/2010/07/blog-post.html)

The interesting thing about this post is the way the blogger looks at the same movie as he grows up :-)

vithagan
12th July 2010, 09:34 PM
a blog post on MR's MR (http://micset.devcutchery.com/2010/07/blog-post.html)

The interesting thing about this post is the way the blogger looks at the same movie as he grows up :-)

:clap: same peeling :)

A.ANAND
10th September 2010, 08:49 PM
[tscii:d3ca3ec202]TOP DIRECTORS MAKE A BEELINE TO MANI RATNAM’S OFFICE

Directors Balumahendra, K. Bhagyaraj, Vasanth, R.K. Selvamani, Saimohan, C. Ranganathan, Senthilnathan, Shanmugasundaram, E.Ramadoss, Santhanabarathy, Lingusamy, Brindadas, Ezhil, Balaji Sakthivel, SP. Jananathan,Sri. Rajakumaran, Vikraman and Sibichandran, belonging to the Directors’ Union, met Mani Ratnam at his office to congratulate him on being conferred the Jaeger-LeCoultre Glory to the Filmmaker Award at the Venice Film festival.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-10-02/mani-ratnam-vasanth-10-09-10.html[/tscii:d3ca3ec202]

MADDY
11th September 2010, 10:08 PM
[tscii:41ebe71d9c]http://600024.com/mani-ratnam-opts-for-yuvan-shankar-raja-for-his-next-film/

The film is going to be produced by Madras Talkies and Mani Ratnam who had thought of directing this film turned it over to his Associate Director Shivakumar. This is now decided to be Mani Ratnam’s production venture for his associate.[/tscii:41ebe71d9c]

Anban
11th September 2010, 10:29 PM
[tscii:8a4f1b8c6b]http://600024.com/mani-ratnam-opts-for-yuvan-shankar-raja-for-his-next-film/

The film is going to be produced by Madras Talkies and Mani Ratnam who had thought of directing this film turned it over to his Associate Director Shivakumar. This is now decided to be Mani Ratnam’s production venture for his associate.[/tscii:8a4f1b8c6b]sellaaathu sellaaathu.. but ARR is a big part of Brand Mani these days... without Rahman Mani will be handicapped almost and his marketing mania might not work properly at all..

MADDY
11th September 2010, 10:34 PM
mani's next directorial venture 'could' also have Yuvan

Srimannarayanan
11th September 2010, 10:40 PM
mani's next directorial venture 'could' also have Yuvan

No. It will not happen. .

Anban
11th September 2010, 10:42 PM
mani's next directorial venture 'could' also have Yuvan may be thats what u tried to post a while back.. why this sudden split?? Mani launching Yuvan in a big way in inthi might be could for Yuvan.. athukku mela ethir paarkka onnum illaingren..

Mani Rathnam touch ... nooooooooooo.. these days, i am allergic to it..

Anban
11th September 2010, 11:05 PM
Maddy reply pannunga... namma sanda podanum..

raghavendran
11th September 2010, 11:21 PM
Maddy reply pannunga... namma sanda podanum..avar thungitaru
anban:"vange sandai podanum
MADDY wife:mandai meleye onnu podanum :lol: :rotfl3:

Anban
11th September 2010, 11:24 PM
Maddy reply pannunga... namma sanda podanum..avar thungitaru
anban:"vange sandai podanum
MADDY wife:mandai meleye onnu podanum :lol: :rotfl3: seri naalaikki continue pannuvom...
:P

MADDY
12th September 2010, 01:51 PM
may be thats what u tried to post a while back.. why this sudden split?? Mani launching Yuvan in a big way in inthi might be could for Yuvan.. athukku mela ethir paarkka onnum illaingren..

Mani Rathnam touch ... nooooooooooo.. these days, i am allergic to it..

split reason - nobody knows.....mani could well be testing yuvan's power in north shores and launch him in his own movie.......good tactic - management stud after all 8-)

mani touch(@BO) - yes worriesome....split earlier the better

A.ANAND
12th September 2010, 07:41 PM
split vara vaippu illa!maybe because rahman commitment with hollywood project and worldtour concert!

shankar hj kitta pogum bothu mani yuvan-ikku oru chance kodukarathulla tappu entha illa! :D

MADDY
13th September 2010, 11:34 AM
split vara vaippu illa!maybe because rahman commitment with hollywood project and worldtour concert!

shankar hj kitta pogum bothu mani yuvan-ikku oru chance kodukarathulla tappu entha illa! :D

its a mixed feeling for me, if AR splits with mani........we(AR & his fans) are all indebted to Mani and there are so many memories/good times associated with this combo but we would like to see AR move up the ladder and break open the barriers for Indians in world music - adhu AR oda kadamai..........anyways, i'll not speculate more - lets wait for official announcement :)

groucho070
13th September 2010, 11:40 AM
shankar hj kitta pogum bothu mani yuvan-ikku oru chance kodukarathulla tappu entha illa! :D :thumbsup: Yuvan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,,,,,,,........ HJ.

Vivasaayi
13th September 2010, 11:41 AM
It will also be helpful for mani to get a frsh feel for his movie, by getting a fresh technicall crew..

Vivasaayi
13th September 2010, 11:42 AM
shankar hj kitta pogum bothu mani yuvan-ikku oru chance kodukarathulla tappu entha illa! :D :thumbsup: Yuvan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,,,,,,,........ HJ.

adheeeethaaan [ ala singamuthu in "pothi vecha mallika mottunnu sollu"]

varunlss12
13th September 2010, 12:16 PM
oru youthfull movie ku yuvan music fits the bill...... thats a good choice

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 12:26 PM
[quote="varunlss12"]oru youthfull movie ku yuvan music fits the bill...... thats a good choice[/quote

appa rahman potta 'perusungga' movie-ikku than fit aaguma???
mudive panniaacha? :oops:

raghavendran
13th September 2010, 01:22 PM
[quote=varunlss12]oru youthfull movie ku yuvan music fits the bill...... thats a good choice[/quote

mudive panniaacha? :oops:well i didnt like the recent mani-arr albums...may b change expect panraro ennamo? :huh: ..arr vitta u1 dhan best choice..
even arr needs a brk from indian films..his combo wid his favs r not churning out the same magic it used to generate..
DESTINATION HOLLYWOOD... :)

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 01:31 PM
yes! yuvan is best choice 4 manirtanam movie!

but indian movie-la irunthu arr break panrathu ottuka muidiyathu!we need atleast 2 tamil movie in 1 year!with GM1 selvaragavan 1! :D

Parthyy
13th September 2010, 01:42 PM
[quote=varunlss12]oru youthfull movie ku yuvan music fits the bill...... thats a good choice[/quote

mudive panniaacha? :oops:well i didnt like the recent mani-arr albums...may b change expect panraro ennamo? :huh: ..arr vitta u1 dhan best choice..
even arr needs a brk from indian films..his combo wid his favs r not churning out the same magic it used to generate..
DESTINATION HOLLYWOOD... :)
exactly........ :exactly:
last and Best ARR-mani combo is Ayutha Ezhuthu,

Guru,raavanan was not his best....
But we dont want this to split.....
Next to ARR is Yuvan only...
As Anand said ARR should continue(prefer tamil than Hindi) to do tamil movies irrespective of INTL commitments...
Vijay(madrassapattinam) with ARR wil be awesome.....
expecting combo with GVM,Selvaraghavan,Ameer,

Vivasaayi
13th September 2010, 01:54 PM
yes! yuvan is best choice 4 manirtanam movie!

but indian movie-la irunthu arr break panrathu ottuka muidiyathu!we need atleast 2 tamil movie in 1 year!with GM1 selvaragavan 1! :D

selvaragavan I think yuvan's style fits moer than arr's.

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 01:55 PM
guru is 1 of my fav mani arr combo!

varunlss12
13th September 2010, 06:22 PM

mudive panniaacha? :oops: not like tht just oru change n selva arr suit aguma na it'll doubt coz selva voda a.o. Kum rest of movies kum lot of change 7/g ellam bgm chance ella pucca

Pras
13th September 2010, 06:23 PM

:shock: ... one the worst IMO ... roja-lam maranthu pocha ? :roll:

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 07:06 PM

:shock: ... one the worst IMO ... roja-lam maranthu pocha ? :roll:

I'm saying the songs bro! :)

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 07:10 PM

mudive panniaacha? :oops: not like tht just oru change n selva arr suit aguma na it'll doubt coz selva voda a.o. Kum rest of movies kum lot of change 7/g ellam bgm chance ella pucca

selva have good sence of music like gautham!even selva kuda arr hindi-la kathal konden movie-ya remake panratha irunthuchu!

sasikumar,ameer,msykin,vishnu kuda ok than!

Parthyy
13th September 2010, 07:14 PM
Roja,
Thiruda Thiruda,
Uyirae.ie Dilse,
Vellai pookkal(from KM)
Alaipayuthey,
Bombay,
Iruvar,
Ayutha Ezhuthu,

are all time my favourites from Mani-ARR combo and in that order
Guru and Raavanan may not be his best but still has got some great compositions

Parthyy
13th September 2010, 07:16 PM

selva have good sence of music like gautham!even selva kuda arr hindi-la kathal konden movie-ya remake panratha irunthuchu!

Varun,
Its not Kadhal kondaen its 7G with vivek oberoi....i still remember ARR mentioning it in an interview

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 07:28 PM
Roja,
Thiruda Thiruda,
Uyirae.ie Dilse,
Vellai pookkal(from KM)
Alaipayuthey,
Bombay,
Iruvar,
Ayutha Ezhuthu,

guru

terebina
hairathe
maiya..maiya
nannare

intha song ellam tamil kuda super hit!

ravanan
usurey poguthey
veera
naan varuvena
kodu potta

Parthyy
13th September 2010, 07:43 PM
Roja,
Thiruda Thiruda,
Uyirae.ie Dilse,
Vellai pookkal(from KM)
Alaipayuthey,
Bombay,
Iruvar,
Ayutha Ezhuthu,

guru

terebina
hairathe
maiya..maiya
nannare

intha song ellam tamil kuda super hit!

ravanan
usurey poguthey
veera
naan varuvenakodu potta

guru

Ore Kana
Nan Nare
Aaruyire

From Raavanan..
usurey poguthey
veera
forgot to mention naan varuvaen...one of best from ARR
:musicsmile:

varunlss12
16th September 2010, 10:42 AM

Varun,
Its not Kadhal kondaen its 7G with vivek oberoi....i still remember ARR mentioning it in an interview

Reply change agiruku parthyy.Naan reply pannadhu a.anand pannadha vandhuruku n vice versa... bolded r posted by me...

Mahen
2nd November 2010, 06:24 PM
[tscii:9b421e22f1]
Vikram, Suriya coming together for Mani Ratnam
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 02, 2010]
8 Comments

If some sources are to be believed there is a mother of all multi starrers in recent times is in on the cards. Some of the biggest names are said to be a part of this big one.

This ‘believe it-or-not’ story is spreading like wild fire lately. Vikram and Suriya are coming together along with Telugu Super Star Mahesh Babu for a film that will be directed by none other than Mani Ratnam.

The huge star cast is possible only in a Mani film and given the fact that Vikram and Suriya have already worked with Mani Ratnam the news could be true. More over Vikram and Suriya have already come together for Bala in the film ‘Pithamagan’.

And for the story, Mani Ratnam is said to treading on the familiar route. Mani Ratnam who usually transforms a historical or a mythological into a social story has taken the classic ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ this time according to sources. The most popular novel of modern Tamil literature is being adapted to contemporary times they say.

‘Raavanan’ is history now. Vandiyadevan, Arulmozhivarman and Kundavai are going to be the new idols.

So it means a straight tamil film 8-) Anyone kind enough to write the gist of ponniyin selvan..i have absolutely no clue on whats the novel all about :oops: [/tscii:9b421e22f1]

raghavendran
2nd November 2010, 07:04 PM
straight film doubt dhaan....edho maniratnam padam vandha podhum.. i dont care wat language it is in

srimal
2nd November 2010, 10:10 PM
appadiyae historicalaa edukkalamae... y adapt it :(

tamizharasan
2nd November 2010, 10:18 PM
IIRC, Kamal has the rights to make Ponniyin Selvan.

srimal
2nd November 2010, 11:10 PM
bookaa nationalise pannitanga illiya... yaar vena publish pannalamna... yaar vena padamum edukkalam illiya ???

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 10:07 AM
mani, most likely, to opt for yuvan for this movie

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 11:00 AM
AR will complete a full circle in TFI if both the rumors in my hand are true

*AR-mani combo breaking
**AR-kamal combo beginning

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2010, 11:09 AM
:-)

Riyazz
3rd November 2010, 11:21 AM
AR will complete a full circle in TFI if both the rumors in my hand are true

*AR-mani combo breaking
**AR-kamal combo beginning idhu eppola irundhu........ :think:

AudazJay
3rd November 2010, 11:46 AM
[tscii:7d6ba2e085]
8 Comments

If some sources are to be believed there is a mother of all multi starrers in recent times is in on the cards. Some of the biggest names are said to be a part of this big one.

This ‘believe it-or-not’ story is spreading like wild fire lately. Vikram and Suriya are coming together along with Telugu Super Star Mahesh Babu for a film that will be directed by none other than Mani Ratnam.

The huge star cast is possible only in a Mani film and given the fact that Vikram and Suriya have already worked with Mani Ratnam the news could be true. More over Vikram and Suriya have already come together for Bala in the film ‘Pithamagan’.

And for the story, Mani Ratnam is said to treading on the familiar route. Mani Ratnam who usually transforms a historical or a mythological into a social story has taken the classic ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ this time according to sources. The most popular novel of modern Tamil literature is being adapted to contemporary times they say.

‘Raavanan’ is history now. Vandiyadevan, Arulmozhivarman and Kundavai are going to be the new idols.

So it means a straight tamil film 8-) Anyone kind enough to write the gist of ponniyin selvan..i have absolutely no clue on whats the novel all about :oops: [/tscii:7d6ba2e085]

Mahen, Ponniyin Selvan is the story of Arulmozhivarman @ Raja Raja Cholan (before he was crowned as the King). It has interesting plots and amazingly written characters. The novel was published in 5 parts, thus, it's hard to explain the same in 5 sentences :oops:

NOV
3rd November 2010, 04:48 PM
**AR-kamal combo beginning:shock:
Indian, Thenali? :think:

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 04:51 PM
**AR-kamal combo beginning:shock:
Indian, Thenali? :think:

director-MD combo

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 06:08 PM
[tscii:6c11bd5988]KAMAL, VIKRAM AND SURIYA IN MANI RATNAM’S FILM

Nov 03, 2010

Home > More news

Mani Ratnam’s next film may be based on the popular novel Ponniyin Selvan. This novel is in five parts containing several thousands of pages. Of this, Mani had picked out the best 80 scenes to weave it into an entertainer.

Coming to the actors that may be a part of this prestigious project, there are reports that Kamal Haasan, Vikram and Suriya are being considered for the role.

While Kamal has not given the go-ahead for this film, Vikram and Suriya have almost said ‘yes’ as they want to be a part of this film.

This film would naturally require a huge budget and news is that Sun Pictures may take it under its wings

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-01/kamal-vikram-mani-ratnam-03-11-10.html[/tscii:6c11bd5988]

Mahen
3rd November 2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks AJ :)

Maddy i cant accept that :( romba kavalaiya iruku :(

Thirumaran
3rd November 2010, 06:23 PM
[tscii:4fb367a764]
8 Comments

So it means a straight tamil film 8-) Anyone kind enough to write the gist of ponniyin selvan..i have absolutely no clue on whats the novel all about :oops: [/tscii:4fb367a764]

Mahen, Ponniyin Selvan is the story of Arulmozhivarman @ Raja Raja Cholan (before he was crowned as the King). It has interesting plots and amazingly written characters. The novel was published in 5 parts, thus, it's hard to explain the same in 5 sentences :oops:

Actually well fit for a commercial movie. Padikkum boathe sema interestingaa irukkum..

I believe MGR wanted to Make a movie on this. then Kamal and there were even news long back that Kamal may opt this for a TV Serial as bringing this in 3 hours might be difficult.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd November 2010, 06:55 PM
Hope this helps, but even here its elaborate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponniyin_Selvan#Plot_summary

This may also help, if u find tough to read tanglish

http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A9%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D_%E0%AE%9A %E0%AF%86%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%A9%E0%A F%8D

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 07:01 PM
sakala
wil kamal do it?..any clues?

kid-glove
3rd November 2010, 07:07 PM
No way Kamal is doing this. Seems like a fantasy rumor. Read another rumor that Jeyamohan is being offered 2 Crores to write dialogues. Even if it's all nonsense, the fact that Suhasini is nowhere in vicinity of this project would please folks!

P_R
3rd November 2010, 07:24 PM
Read another rumor that Jeyamohan is being offered 2 Crores to write dialogues. ennAdhu :lol:

kid-glove
3rd November 2010, 07:25 PM
They're surely havin' a lauf!
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/mani-work-vikram-and-mahesh-841

"Well-known writer Jayamohan has been lured by Sun Pictures for a fancy amount of ` 2 crores for dialogues, which according to sources in the industry, is the highest payment for a dialogue writer. Earlier, accredited Malayalam writer M.T.Vasudevan Nair was paid a similar amount for Pazhassi Raja."

P_R
3rd November 2010, 07:27 PM
Earlier, accredited Malayalam writer M.T.Vasudevan Nair was paid a similar amount for Pazhassi Raja." :roll:

Jyothsna
3rd November 2010, 07:30 PM
Romba naal munnadi Sujatha MR ithukkana script ready panni irukatha 'Katrathum Petrathum' la solli irunthar.. Nalla edutha kuda ellarayum satisfy pandrathu romba kashtam

HonestRaj
3rd November 2010, 07:35 PM
Read another rumor that Jeyamohan is being offered 2 Crores to write dialogues. ennAdhu :lol:

Kalaignar'ukke 50 lakhs than therinjukkanga < uliyin Osai >

Nerd
3rd November 2010, 07:39 PM
Earlier, accredited Malayalam writer M.T.Vasudevan Nair was paid a similar amount for Pazhassi Raja." :roll:
Padam budjet-E avvalavu irukkaadhu.. Raja re-recordingkkE kaasu illai nu sonnaar :lol:

Mani, chummA freeyaa vidunga.. yEdhaavadhu real life incident paathu inspire aagikkOnga..

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 07:41 PM
i actually expected mani to join hands wid jayamohan..but sun pictures yen avara odi thorathanum,avanga idhula enna aruvam katranganu puriyala...normally mani produces his films..illiya?.....confusion..yarachu idhu rumoura illiyanu confirm pannunga pa

venkkiram
3rd November 2010, 08:01 PM
Read another rumor that Jeyamohan is being offered 2 Crores to write dialogues. ennAdhu :lol:ஏன் சார்? அவருக்கு கொடுக்கக் கூடாதா?

P_R
3rd November 2010, 08:10 PM
Read another rumor that Jeyamohan is being offered 2 Crores to write dialogues. ennAdhu :lol:ஏன் சார்? அவருக்கு கொடுக்கக் கூடாதா?

என்னமோ அவங்க குடுக்கப்போறா மாதிரியின் நான் இடையில புகுந்து தடுத்தா மாதிரியின் கேக்குறீங்க :lol:

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 08:14 PM

என்னமோ அவங்க குடுக்கப்போறா மாதிரியின் நான் இடையில புகுந்து தடுத்தா மாதிரியின் கேக்குறீங்க :lol: :lol:

HonestRaj
3rd November 2010, 08:16 PM

என்னமோ அவங்க குடுக்கப்போறா மாதிரியின் நான் இடையில புகுந்து தடுத்தா மாதிரியின் கேக்குறீங்க :lol:

:lol: <reading as if ur avatar saying this... poornam'ah irundha.. "ammaa paradevadhe"nu serthukkalam >

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 09:13 PM

:lol: <reading as if ur avatar saying this...

:rotfl:

sathya_1979
27th November 2010, 01:47 PM
For naNbar Maddy:
http://manismagic.iespana.es/iruvar.htm