PDA

View Full Version : A habit you wanted to get rid of....

scorpio
29th March 2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Hubbers,

I think we have had enough of advices floating around (courtesy-JG) and enough of defence being put up (Courtesy-Mandangi). Let's get to some serious business.

Share atleast one habit of yours which you always wanted to get rid of. Also, write why. It is known that 'Habits die hard' but at times it might have embarassed you also. If you feel too shy to discuss about your habit, well, you can always disguise it as your best friend' s habit which you detest! :wink: Do refrain from calling 'Hubbing' as the habit you wish to shrug away.

I'll start with one of my 'not-so--bad' habits - reading while eating. I never find my food interesting if I dont have a book in my other hand to read. This habit of mine, I think, has caused the maximum number of arguements/ teasings between myself and my hubby ( he'd say I'll even eat garbage as I dont really take note of what I'm eating), but I have only failed miserable each time I try to give it up!

Over to you all!

Yudhajit
29th March 2005, 02:37 PM
"Doing everything in the last minitue"

Starting from my school, college days, i do study before the exams,
even now i am working for a delivarable, but i couldn't concentrate on it, i don't know why, but i am doing 7 days task in 3 hrs concentration work. i get concentration only when my adrenalin is on. that is at the last time. i couldn't i do it before and relax.. i don't know.

Akash
29th March 2005, 02:38 PM
he'd say I'll even eat garbage as I dont really take note of what I'm eating
Must be he wud have said that when you cook :lol: :lol:

Akash
29th March 2005, 02:45 PM
"Doing everything in the last minitue"

GOD!! i was about to say it!! i do that from the 1st day of my school, still now i released my work on sunday night :x

Though i know i will finish it, the problems are.....
1. ppl think i am serious with my works,
2. ppl complain, if i utilized the time as whole i wud have done great.
3. in school, my teacher used to complain that my handwritting went like blahblah's ears as i used to write my H/W in neck of the moment.
4. more than all if some thing goes wrong unexpectedly at the nech of the moment!! that's it!!

So you know... i want to scratch from day one... but its speedening only on the last moment!!

Aunt Niro, pls help me....
(Sorry, palakka thoosam!!)

jaiganes
29th March 2005, 02:51 PM
Procastrination is the habit I would like to lose.
I postpone certain things , things I would have marked for a weekend to do. After some time, the same things I had postponed, comes back to hurry me up.

Deep_Secrets
29th March 2005, 02:59 PM
Scorpio wrote...
I'll start with one of my 'not-so--bad' habits - reading while eating. I never find my food interesting if I dont have a book in my other hand to read. This habit of mine, I think, has caused the maximum number of arguements/ teasings between myself and my hubby ( he'd say I'll even eat garbage as I dont really take note of what I'm eating), but I have only failed miserable each time I try to give it up!....

Hey, I have the same habit. I can't eat without reading either...If I can't find a book, I'll grab one of my textbooks :lol: .

scorpio
29th March 2005, 03:02 PM
Deep,

Reading your text book is okay, but, think of me, reading my daughter's textbook when I find nothing new to read!! :lol: The problem is, I dont stop after reading, but ask her questions to check how much she has read! :lol:

BTW, What's that in yr mysterious avtaar?? Explain it pls. in the 'Story behind username n avtaar' thread!

Akash
29th March 2005, 03:06 PM
come on, its written clearly in the avatar itself!!
Do you want any further explanations :roll:

Deep_Secrets
29th March 2005, 03:09 PM
Deep,

Reading your text book is okay, but, think of me, reading my daughter's textbook when I find nothing new to read!! :lol: The problem is, I dont stop after reading, but ask her questions to check how much she has read! :lol:

BTW, What's that in yr mysterious avtaar?? Explain it pls. in the 'Story behind username n avtaar' thread!

How is my avatar mysterious? :?

NO, textbooks are boring so its not ok :P ...That's not a problem that you check out how much she knows..that's being responsible :thumbsup:

Deep_Secrets
29th March 2005, 03:17 PM
come on, its written clearly in the avatar itself!!
Do you want any further explanations :roll:

Akash :lol:...don't be surprised, I am still as decent as ever :roll:

Yudhajit
29th March 2005, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

i would like to suggest something.

Scorpio akka, Deep secrets, JG & all, who don't have the bad-habit as of mine and akash, can tell us how to get rid of it. 'coz it would be of great help for us.

regards,
Yudhajit

Cinefan
29th March 2005, 04:37 PM
Procastination&Laziness,That is one of my biggest problems.All my work will be done when I am neck deep in S--t,it's irritating me but still I can't get over with it.Also I am a compulsive liar(of the white kind).I tell lies for such silly things that it's makes me feel stupid but I can't get over it.

Scorpio,
I also had the reading while eating habit,but it's gone now.Don't ask me how becos even I don't know. :D

nirosha sen
29th March 2005, 04:48 PM
Oh people, come, come Pa!! What is so bad abt a bad habit, huh??? It's not like some are incorrigible chain saw massacrists, right??? Or no laws broken????

It makes us unique and different from the rest!! It simply makes us into just us, Pa!!

We should just rejoice in being who we are, warts and all, Pa!! :D

scorpio
29th March 2005, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

Scorpio akka, Deep secrets, JG & all, who don't have the bad-habit as of mine and akash, can tell us how to get rid of it. 'coz it would be of great help for us.

regards,
Yudhajit

Yudhajit thambi engira Dindigul mani,

Doing things at the last moment is not new to me either but if it has become your habit, pl. post your query in -Dear Niro column, you'll be showered with advices and solutions that you'll postpone it till the last moment to read!! :D

Aama, akkava-adapavigala, ithu maadhiri ethanai peru kelambirukeenga!

scorpio
29th March 2005, 05:09 PM
Procastination&Laziness,That is one of my biggest problems.All my work will be done when I am neck deep in S--t,it's irritating me but still I can't get over with it.Also I am a compulsive liar(of the white kind).I tell lies for such silly things that it's makes me feel stupid but I can't get over it.

Scorpio,
I also had the reading while eating habit,but it's gone now.Don't ask me how becos even I don't know. :D

Cinefan,

Neenga 'Poimaiyum vaimai idathu purai theerntha nanmai payakkum enin' nnu paadina Thiruvalluvar follower-aa?? ANyway, you are bold enough to accept it and you'll be bold enough to come out of it too..

Aaha, I must make note of this to pull his leg when his turn for roasting comes!! :D

Cinefan
29th March 2005, 05:11 PM
[quote="scorpio
Aama, akkava-adapavigala, ithu maadhiri ethanai peru kelambirukeenga![/quote]

At the last count it was 4. :D

scorpio
29th March 2005, 05:13 PM
illaipa, Tamil films section-la vera innum rendu per irukkanga!

Cinefan
29th March 2005, 05:15 PM
Appadiya :o Appo ungala Intha hub-ooda 'aasthana akkava'announce pannidalaama :D

scorpio
29th March 2005, 05:39 PM
Ippadi ellarum akka, akka-nnu koopitu, ennavo dhideer-nnu vayasaayitta maadhiri oru feeling! :roll: Ithula, aasthana akka verayaa??

Cinefan
29th March 2005, 05:55 PM
Ippadi ellarum akka, akka-nnu koopitu, ennavo dhideer-nnu vayasaayitta maadhiri oru feeling! :roll:

Athaan,dhiderunnu Kallakal,modern looking Harry-kku maariteengalo?

jaiganes
29th March 2005, 09:12 PM
scorpio akka wrote:

ennavo dhideer-nnu vayasaayitta maadhiri oru feeling!
Illaye, romba varushangalaagave andha feeling irundhirukkanume

Badri
30th March 2005, 05:46 AM
scorpio akka wrote:

ennavo dhideer-nnu vayasaayitta maadhiri oru feeling!
Illaye, romba varushangalaagave andha feeling irundhirukkanume

:lol: :lol:

Ithu yerkanave naan oru thadava ketta kelvi thaan!!!

Cinefan, Aasthaana Akka is a wonderful idea, and I wholeheartedly second it!

scorpio
30th March 2005, 11:27 AM
JG and Badri,

A habit which you dont want to get rid of but I seriously recommend is to stop digressing all threads with akka-thambi paasam! :twisted:

I think it is worth while to start a thread exclusively where my thambis an thangais can discuss freely about me without digressing elsewhere. Afterall, my thambi-thangai kootam is only expanding at a rapid rate! :roll:

Back to topic now,

One of my husband's habits which I detest the most is -throwing wet towel on the bed. How many times do I tell him, always the wet towel on the cot welcomes me once he finishes dressing up after bath!! He puts up defence saying it is a common habit of most males but honestly, very disgusting!!

Badri
30th March 2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, ok....Akka, give up this bad habit of always admonishing your thanga thambis!

What is wrong with a wet towel on a bed, when a wife is there to no doubt hang it out to dry? I don't know if all males do it, I often do it, that is all I know!

Well, but where else do we put it? Do you prefer the wet towel on the floor?

There is a logic to it, if you would but try and understand. A wet towel on the floor would get dirty...to go and hang it out to dry requires work and time.

What's the next best alternative? Why, throw it on the bed, of course!! :lol: :lol:

Besides, it saves you the trouble of bending down to remove the towel from the floor! Here's the husband, thoughtful enough to lessen the wife's work, and she accuses him in an open forum of a bad habit! :roll:

A husband's job is a thankless one, to be sure!

Thambi JG: One more lesson for you pa!

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 11:43 AM
Akka!!
Whats wrong with the akka thambi paasam? You are getting more popular because of this. :wink:
We are not going to stop calling u akka, no matter what. (I am sorry)
Badri! Ur post would have made NOV and shekhar so proud!!!
In my current position I am unable to either praise you or defend u.

scorpio
30th March 2005, 11:46 AM
!

:banghead: :banghead: MEN!

Badri
30th March 2005, 11:49 AM
!

:huh:

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 11:52 AM
Aaha!
Akka thambikkullara oru paasa yudhame nadakkudhappa!
(eng translation: An affectionate war between elder sister and younger brother!!)

scorpio
30th March 2005, 11:54 AM
An affectionate war between elder sister and younger brother!!)

:twisted: :mrgreen:

blahblah
30th March 2005, 12:04 PM
!

I was wondering whether I am the only one who does it! :roll:I routinely follow this habit of throwing the wet towel on the bed or if my wife is aorund put it on her shoulder. :lol:

Badri
30th March 2005, 12:06 PM
or if my wife is aorund put it on her shoulder

And you are still alive to tell the tale? You are one lucky bunny rabbit, blahblah!

scorpio
30th March 2005, 12:10 PM
[I was wondering whether I am the only one who does it! :roll:I routinely follow this habit of throwing the wet towel on the bed or if my wife is aorund put it on her shoulder. :lol:

Well, really, my better half seems far far better! Doesn't use me as a coatstand atleast!

BlahBlah,

Ever noticed some big plastic items at home that can hold clothes! :lol: Does yr list of good habits end here or still some more to come?

Cinefan
30th March 2005, 12:16 PM
Wet towel on the bed,ahhh!I also do it but there is no problem becos my wife also does the same thing :lol: .Before leaving for work whoever is not late will dry it out.Ithulellam nalla understanding irukku pa :D

Badri
30th March 2005, 12:18 PM
Well, really, my better half seems far far better! Doesn't use me as a coatstand atleast!

So quit complaning about your husband's bad habits!!!! Go and worship the very ground he treads upon, for the elements are so mix'd in him that all Nature would stand up and say, "Here is a man"!

:lol: :lol:

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 12:23 PM
I will have to admit ! I am much better in this regard, I put the towel in a designated basket, though my brother has this bad habit. My mother admonishes him all the time and she has a saying to support her argument. The first part of the thamizh saying goes like "Kulicha edathule kovanam, Arutha edathule Aruvaal.." or something like that. Sorry guys, I dont want to do the english transalation. :lol: :lol:

blahblah
30th March 2005, 12:36 PM
BlahBlah,

Ever noticed some big plastic items at home that can hold clothes! :lol: Does yr list of good habits end here or still some more to come?

Some education for you,JG. :?

See how women treat men when we are trying to be honest with them? :roll: :D

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 01:16 PM
I am beginning to get a good picture now.

sonu gopi
31st March 2005, 05:54 AM
I have this habit of postponing things to a later date – but I have my conscience telling me “Sonu, try finishing quickly what you have to finish…do not let things go pending” I will tell my conscience “wait lah after a few minutes…let me finish reading” and the few minutes will turn out to be few hours and then gradually into few days.

I hate this habit of mine and I detest having arguments with my conscience and most of all with my hubby who is very systematic!! He calls be a very unorganised woman – that hurts but yet to overcome my habit!

Deep_Secrets
31st March 2005, 06:36 AM
I have this habit of postponing things to a later date – but I have my conscience telling me “Sonu, try finishing quickly what you have to finish…do not let things go pending” I will tell my conscience “wait lah after a few minutes…let me finish reading” and the few minutes will turn out to be few hours and then gradually into few days.

I hate this habit of mine and I detest having arguments with my conscience and most of all with my hubby who is very systematic!! He calls be a very unorganised woman – that hurts but yet to overcome my habit!

Sonu, you should go through all the previous messages and you'll find that the same problem is mentioned by 1 or 2 other members... :wink:

Deep_Secrets
31st March 2005, 06:45 AM
Hi all,

regards,
Yudhajit

The only solution I can think up is don't do it even at the last minute, forget all about it, and then after facing all the thunderstorms that might come your way, you might start thinking twice before postpoping, :? , excuse me, postponing :roll:

Oh and you'll produce far greater work if you don't do it in a state of hurry and frustration and all that.... :wink:

Querida
31st March 2005, 07:55 AM
For all procrastinators i too have been a victim but what i have found really helps....wait for it :P
I keep a planner/agenda....seriously get into the habit of getting a planner weekly and plan out the work so then you get a sense of how much you have to do and have done and the decreasing number of days will somehow bring that adrealine of desperation into gear more quickly...i think it is quite impossible to not procrastinate at all but atleast if you have time planned out 1) you can do a little at a time and still remain safe 2) take breaks that are efficient cause you won't have a dread feeling and continue pushing it to more break time 3) also allow for interruptions and delays etc.

check off what you have done just knowing what you have accomplished sometimes is enough to propel you towards completing what seemed impossible before

I don't know if you think this idea is not fitting for you or that you find it cumbersome but it really has helped me :D

I use to have a really bad habit of biting my nails....everytime i was nervous my fingers would be at my lips...once a guy even offered me candy embarrassing me further by winking and saying 'avvala pasiya?'
I stopped by putting nail polish on my nails...which was ok until the days when i didn't have it on....and then slowly i learned not to bite them anymore....well this is advice for the gurls anyways! Guys i can only say head to the castor oil bottle for a bitter dipping...sorry :?

as for wet towel....i too have that problem...but learned quickly cause i dont like to sleep on wet blankets or one with sour smell permeating thru....worst comes to worse pour water all over their side and let them sleep on it! :lol: :twisted: sorry sorry just being evil for once...

anyways please don't chide me for being little miss no bad habits i do have some...like i would like to know how to stop interrupting people when im overly nervous....i don't mean to do it at all but im just so scared that i dont let them finish and i end up cutting them off :oops:

Badri
31st March 2005, 07:59 AM
anyways please don't chide me for being little miss no bad habits i do have some

Hey come on, you have given us such valuable hints and tips. Why would we chide you?

What do you mean you cut people off when you are nervous? I would have thought it the otherway, that is one would hardly speak when one is nervous...didnt quite get that one, Q...

Querida
31st March 2005, 08:18 AM
my friends say the same thing either you whisper or you cut off ppl...it would make more sense were it the other way don't i know it....but i have found this is what is happening especially when talking to profs even if they are friendly and informal...im just so nervous that i just keep interrupting them :( especially if they are commenting on something i already know...

seriously you think a wet bed would teach you to hang your towel in the right place? :lol:

Roshan
31st March 2005, 08:45 AM
Querida,

Good piece of advice !! I guess procrastination is something very common among us. The degree of interest we have towards a particular task plays a major part here. Less you are interested more you procrastinate. I too follow a weekly plan for my personal issues and daily plan for my office work. Everyday just before I leave office I jot down all the important issues that have to be attended to - the following day, and place the chit on my key board (coz, the first thing I do when I get to office is to pull out the keyboard and switch on the system :P ) .

And Q, I too had the problem of nail biting. Earlier I had no reason at all and kept biting my nails all the time and later with great difficulty and effort I got rid of the problem. Applying nail polish was also one of the methods I adopted to get rid of the habit - not completely though. Even now I have the habit ot biting nails when I'm tensed up or under pressure.

Querida
31st March 2005, 08:54 AM
Hi Roshan! :D
yeah i know when im in a really intense situation (like being backstage coordinator/manager/organizer during a concert) i reverted back to biting my nails...but for most times i don't find myself very less inclined as i was before to automatically cut away at the cuticles :)

sonu gopi
31st March 2005, 09:25 AM
Sonu, you should go through all the previous messages and you'll find that the same problem is mentioned by 1 or 2 other members... :wink:

I certainly read it Deep…. but then again I still felt like saying it out - what I have bottled inside me…just like all those wet towel woes the rest discussed together!! :wink:

Sonuchechi - ooops!! Gopi :lol:

hehehewalrus
31st March 2005, 09:43 AM
hey sonu gopi :D

who said reading is a bad habit? In my younger days it used to be great fun(only for me!) when I would keep looking at my book and push my plate this way and that, while my frustrated mother tried to drop the dosa into my plate!

I still do that, only thing is that all my books are upstairs, so every 10min, I come down to the kitchen, fill the plate and run upstairs!

sonu gopi
31st March 2005, 10:23 AM
hey sonu gopi :D

who said reading is a bad habit? In my younger days it used to be great fun(only for me!) when I would keep looking at my book and push my plate this way and that, while my frustrated mother tried to drop the dosa into my plate!

I still do that, only thing is that all my books are upstairs, so every 10min, I come down to the kitchen, fill the plate and run upstairs!

My dear Walrus...did I say reading is a bad habit?? You always jump into wrong conclusions! Go thru' my posting again then you would know what I was referring too!!!! :evil:

SONU GOPI :D

Roshan
31st March 2005, 10:26 AM
Sonu Gopi,

Good to see you back :D !

Querida
31st March 2005, 10:31 AM
Sonu Gopi,

Roshan :D My thought exactly! Missed ya Sonu Gopi :D

sonu gopi
31st March 2005, 10:40 AM
Sonu Gopi,

Roshan :D My thought exactly! Missed ya Sonu Gopi :D

I missed you all too! Glad to be back and want to bounce back into action once more!! :lol:

SONU GOPI :wink:

scorpio
31st March 2005, 10:46 AM
ha! now, Niro's 'Tales of the unexpected' thread will flourish. How exciting!

:D

Badri
31st March 2005, 10:46 AM
ha! now, Niro's 'Tales of the unexpected' thread will flourish. How exciting!

:D

To say nothing of how unexpected, either!! :lol:

Deep_Secrets
31st March 2005, 03:11 PM
Ok...I have this most annoying habit of chewing my mouth and lips ...And this always seem to happen on the days when my most favorite spicy dishes are cooked and I have trouble enjoying the food as the chewed parts seem to be on fire...

I always set a deadline for myself that I will stop by this time and that but its always the same .

Any suggestions? Recommendations? Anyone with the same problem? We could share our grievances ... :P

Sonu Gopi, your experiences are very scary :shock: ...I have developed a habit of going to sleep at 2 or 3 am and when what you shared comes into my mind :roll: ...I suspect every noise I hear as being supernatural :shock: ...Like right now its almost 2 am and everyone else is asleep and I am typing away all this and am hearing suspicious sounds and....AAAhhhhhhhhhh!!! I' going to bed!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

hehehewalrus
31st March 2005, 10:38 PM
Deep_Secrets,
dont be alarmed..maybe that's Casper visiting u with a pack of lollipops :lol2: :lol2:

Querida
1st April 2005, 12:13 AM
Deep_Secrets,
dont be alarmed..maybe that's Casper visiting u with a pack of lollipops :lol2: :lol2:

now who watches too many cartoons? :lol: :P

yeah gooshi i chew my lip whenever it happens i really don't notice it...it is just a habit... but i don't find it a hindrance at all...

hehehewalrus
1st April 2005, 12:42 AM
yeah gooshi i chew my lip whenever it happens i really don't notice it...it is just a habit... but i don't find it a hindrance at all...

good that ur not a snake, u wouldve poisoned urself :lol2: :lol2:

Querida
1st April 2005, 03:47 AM
some of us have a poison tongue nonetheless :P

Deep_Secrets
1st April 2005, 04:02 AM
Deep_Secrets,

Hey!!! Let secrets remain secrets... :wink: Walrus

Querida, how are you able to eat spicy food then? Does it burn for a while and then you get used to it?

I don't like it at all :( ...my mouth is all messed up :cry: .

Querida
1st April 2005, 04:24 AM
well that's just it i dont chew my lip to the extent that it burns when i have spicy food, rather it is just lightly biting/chewing my lip when thinking....but i can empathize with you because that is what happened when i went to the dentist and after had a totally numb lip...which i chewed badly it was not until the anesthesia wore off that i felt the pain....i was only about 8 or 9 and i remember just having to wait until it healed on itself....

you will just have to make it your job to notice when you chew your lip and stop it...and continue to do so until it stops...i know this is not a good solution but besides this i can only go to the castor oil bottle again :P

nirosha sen
1st April 2005, 04:32 AM
:lol: Sonu Gopi is back?!!! Yeah...........!!!

Sonu, let's get cracking Pa!! I too would like to share the latest spooky tale I read in the papers recently!!

Oops!! This is my bad habit Pa! :D Wrong thread to digress!!

Deep_Secrets
1st April 2005, 05:49 AM
OOOoooh, I know that ugly feeling when you have a numb lip after coming back from the dentist. Makes you want to cut off the part as it feels like you are just dragging it along... :P .Thanks for your suggestion,Querida. :D

Querida
1st April 2005, 06:16 AM
sorry have to digress i just have to say Gooshi i love that avatar you have now! I'm actually allergic to kitties even though i quite like them...so yeah at least i can safely see this cutie one :D

Deep_Secrets
1st April 2005, 06:24 AM
sorry have to digress i just have to say Gooshi i love that avatar you have now! I'm actually allergic to kitties even though i quite like them...so yeah at least i can safely see this cutie one :D

sonu gopi
1st April 2005, 08:07 AM
There’s this most irritating habit of my friend’s father in law, which I noticed whenever I go over to her place for either lunch or dinner. He loves picking on his tooth in between meals and after as well. Not only he does this in public but makes little irritating sound in his mouth trying to remove food particles stuck between his teeth. To add salt to injury he spits out the food particles on to the floor!! :evil:

We could still be having our meal and he comes again to the dinning table and picks on his tooth. It puts me off and I usually excuse myself leaving dinner/lunch half way. You can see lots of used toothpicks lying on the dinning table and the floor…yaks!! His daughter, Alice, my friend politely says in Mandarin, “Papa, chin poo yau chohh ( Papa, pls. don’t do it). She often turns to me, “Sonu, pls. excuse my papa’s weird habits”! I just smile but honestly have felt many a times taking a bowl of hot soup and pouring it over his head!! :lol:

Now I seldom accept invitation over to her place just by giving excuses – how am I to tell her of her FIL’s disgusting table manners?? Whenever I call my friend/hubby over to my place – I am spared the agony of having him join us for meals ‘cos for being an old timer from China he never enjoys the spicy Indian spread – he must have his food at the convenience of his own home sitting on a stool with one foot resting on it plus his toothpicks at a standby!!

The funny thing is he looks like Yap Ah Loy (my observation of his pictures in history books) – known as “Kapitan China” or leader of the Chinese community here in Malaysia (Malaya then) in 1857. He was the “founding father” of the entire Kuala Lumpur mining areas those days. – but the present day “Yap Ah Loy” impolitely teaches one the unrefined techniques of using the toothpicks…!! :wink:

SONU GOPI :D

Hemant Trived1
1st April 2005, 09:13 AM
Hello Sonu,

The best way to teach your friends FIL the art of refined use of Tooth pick is to ask him to teach you how to use a tooth pick the JAPANESE WAY.

Japanese method is most refined . It involves covering of one's mouth with one palm and hiding the tooth pick beneath it.
There is another method too.
You can use Japanese method in front of him after requesting him for a tooth pick. :)

Third most drastic method is use his own method in front of him and go a step further.
YOU SPIT OUT THE PARTICLES WITH A SOUND ON THE FLOOR OR DINING TABLE ITSELF.!! :twisted:

Try it out.
It never fails. :lol:

Happy picking !!

Badri
1st April 2005, 09:23 AM
YOU SPIT OUT THE PARTICLES WITH A SOUND ON THE FLOOR OR DINING TABLE ITSELF. Try it out.
It never fails.

Happy picking !!

Or happy spitting, right Hemant?

sonu gopi
1st April 2005, 10:13 AM
Japanese method is most refined . It involves covering of one's mouth with one palm and hiding the tooth pick beneath it.

Third most drastic method is use his own method in front of him and go a step further.
YOU SPIT OUT THE PARTICLES WITH A SOUND ON THE FLOOR OR DINING TABLE ITSELF.!! :twisted:

If I were to follow the third method then there is no difference between him and me...as it is the whole procedure is so nauseating. :notworthy:

In case my friend were to invite me again, this time I will pluck the courage to infrom her about her father's unethical habit- either she stops calling me over or teaches her father some table manners!!:huh:

Hermant thanks for your suggestions!! :thumbsup:

SONU GOPI :P

hehehewalrus
1st April 2005, 11:01 AM
Ghosts in saree, pant and dhoti
Have sat and drunk tea with sonu gopi.
*everybody sing-a-long*

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

nirosha sen
1st April 2005, 12:48 PM
What???? Where's the ghost Pa???? How could one pass me by with no story to tell???? Tut, tut!!! :D

Sonu???? You speak Mandarin as well????? Oh boy, you never fail to amaze me Pa!!! Come to think of it, I do indeed have a story to tell abt a late Chinese neighbour. In my Tales thread of course!! Later Pa, later!!! 8)

sonu gopi
1st April 2005, 02:03 PM
*everybody sing-a-long*

Which ghost was having tea with Sonu Gopi? You saw it?? The one who is known as Walrus?? :evil:

Now that blah-blah is not around for the moment you find me as your next target?? You seem to pick on Mallus!! Why??:poke:

SONU GOPI :o

sonu gopi
1st April 2005, 02:09 PM
What???? Where's the ghost Pa???? How could one pass me by with no story to tell???? Tut, tut!!! :D

Sonu???? You speak Mandarin as well????? Oh boy, you never fail to amaze me Pa!!! Come to think of it, I do indeed have a story to tell abt a late Chinese neighbour. In my Tales thread of course!! Later Pa, later!!! 8)

No..Niro...just a few words here and there! Looking forward to your tale about your late Chinese neighbour!! :wink: Is it spooky?? Can't wait to read!!:clap:

SONU GOPI :lol:

Deep_Secrets
1st April 2005, 02:51 PM
*everybody sing-a-long*

Which ghost was having tea with Sonu Gopi? You saw it?? The one who is known as Walrus?? :evil:

Now that blah-blah is not around for the moment you find me as your next target?? You seem to pick on Mallus!! Why??:poke:

SONU GOPI :o

Isn't it Blahblah who's the 'targetor? :D :D :D ..take for example, the Mandanggai case :lol2: ...

blahblah
1st April 2005, 05:11 PM
What more to say! :roll: I was just hoping to have a quite day! :roll:

WALRUS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And deep secrets alias Gooshi,Hope that you are not the same fellow.He came out with the name Supreme soon after we pulled him up in this hub! :twisted: :twisted:

scorpio
1st April 2005, 05:20 PM

And deep secrets alias Gooshi,Hope that you are not the same fellow.He came out with the name Supreme soon after we pulled him up in this hub! :twisted: :twisted:

:rotfl:

But, looking at the rate of DS' postings, you have every reason to suspect! :lol: One thing in favour of DS is Mandangi never used to sing Hindi Anthakshari (probably Telugu!!) and hence DS is saved!

blahblah
1st April 2005, 05:43 PM
Hence DS is saved?Not yet time to judge.Some of us are still alive! :roll:

Querida
2nd April 2005, 02:53 AM

Mine or the kitty's? :wink: :P

Scorpio....maybe Mandangi did not find a subject in which a song thread tangent would suffice in reply...so might have been just a matter of time.... :twisted: (ayyo Roshan and AR forgive me this one time please? :oops: :D )

Deep_Secrets
2nd April 2005, 04:12 AM

Mine or the kitty's? :wink: :P

Scorpio....maybe Mandangi did not find a subject in which a song thread tangent would suffice in reply...so might have been just a matter of time.... :twisted: (ayyo Roshan and AR forgive me this one time please? :oops: :D )

Both :P ...Blahblah, pretty soon you won't be able to 'Mandanggai' me because of the number of my posts, they will plummet soon enough :wink: ...wait and see. I hope so :?

Deep_Secrets
3rd April 2005, 02:18 PM

Who knows? Eh? :?

scorpio
8th April 2005, 03:52 PM
Hmm, putting the thread back on 'track'..

One habit of my ex-PM which made me puke at everytime I had the misfortune of having a meeting/ discussion when he is around- the disgusting aroma of his unwashed socks! :x So yucky and so embarassing. Though a good techie, he hardly used to pay sufficient attention to decent workplace clothing and accessories. So guys, if any of you have the habit of repeating worn socks again and again, pls. rethink as you can put a lot of colleagues into delicate embarassment!

Querida
8th April 2005, 09:03 PM
yeah i know Scorpio some ppl always claim it's good luck to keep wearing their (holey) socks..but keep in mind it's also good health (of the poor others) that are at stake for your good luck! :lol:
I know some people (i won't label) who don't wear deodorant...some people can't help it others are just careless...atleast wear perfume..just a little no need to bathe in it......they are dressed well, speak well and then they sit beside you and you can't even breathe....i know people also have to have to remember not to leave clothes out when cooking...the smell just sticks on! Please store your clothes where they belong...and use incense,candles,fan,or atleast open a window

blahblah
10th April 2005, 12:43 PM
Blahblah, pretty soon you won't be able to 'Mandanggai' me because of the number of my posts, they will plummet soon enough :wink: ...wait and see. I hope so :?

This is exactly how we identify mandakkai when he comes in with another ID. :lol:

Deep_Secrets
10th April 2005, 12:43 PM
....i know people also have to have to remember not to leave clothes out when cooking...the smell just sticks on!

And I was thinking my brother was the only one with the habit of closing doors to his closet and room whenever we cook :lol: ...he says if he doesn't do it, his clothes will smell like pakistani food, thus revealing his identity :shock: ...just kidding, I mean about the identity part though it does happen with other people...those who don't appreciate their background. Well, don't blame them...what does a country like pakistan amount to when compared to this industrial giant USA successfull in every immoral aspect of life? :lol: ...kidding again, moral.... :P

Deep_Secrets
10th April 2005, 12:45 PM
Blahblah, pretty soon you won't be able to 'Mandanggai' me because of the number of my posts, they will plummet soon enough :wink: ...wait and see. I hope so :?

This is exactly how we identify mandakkai when he comes in with another ID. :lol:

AAAaaargh!!!!!! :cry:

Badri
11th April 2005, 12:23 PM
If we have started to speak of bad habits that others have that peeve us, here goes a few!

An ex boss of mine had a disgusting habit of chomping on his food with great gusto. Of all things, I am extremely allergic to the sound of eating food and bad breath. This guy had both! He would promptly come by my desk at 1 and ask me to join him for lunch! Oh the agonies of his contorting face and the endless chomp-chomp!!!

Roshan
11th April 2005, 12:33 PM
I am extremely allergic to the sound of eating food and bad breath.

Me tooooooo :x

This guy had both! He would promptly come by my desk at 1 and ask me to join him for lunch! Oh the agonies of his contorting face and the endless chomp-chomp!!!

:twisted: :twisted:

scorpio
18th April 2005, 03:35 PM
One more disgusting habit I have noticed in many of my colleagues- Monitor spying. Whenever they pass by across various cubicles, their heads and eyes do a left-right dance to capture whatever is there on the monitors of fellow workers. Some people stand before you and talk but their eyes are fixed on the monitor of a near-by colleague watching interestedly what he/she is doing.. I find this habit in many people who just can't resist policing what others are doing. Same with those who flick thru' papers on yr desk without permission :twisted:

Badri
19th April 2005, 05:33 AM
Guess if you were working, you wouldn't have found it so disconcerting, akka. It is only when you are busy hubbing that you resent invasion of your "monitor privacy"... :lol: :lol:

But seriously, I have faced this problem too...I often take a brutal approach to that. If it is a good friend that I know I can tolerate, then it is fine.

If it is my boss, I ask him pointedly, "Did you want something from my box/desktop?"

If it is a particularly pernicious character who keeps staring at my monitor, I coolly switch it off and talk to him, till he leaves. Or I do a quick window minimize - so that they get the message.

Try one of these - they are sure-fire remedies.

scorpio
19th April 2005, 11:55 AM
Guess if you were working, you wouldn't have found it so disconcerting, akka. It is only when you are busy hubbing that you resent invasion of your "monitor privacy"... :lol: :lol:

adapavi, project change-kku apparum romba busy.. hubbing time has come down drastically.