PDA

View Full Version : How do others know....

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 02:30 AM
wether you are a male or female? They don't ask for your gender in the profile.... :?

nirosha sen
30th March 2005, 04:39 AM
For many its easy as they do choose feminine handles like Malligai.

But for folks like NM and Scorpio, we never knew as they were that good in hiding their gender Pa!! The cat came out of the bag only much later and that too, thru their own admission!!! :lol:

As for Mandakkai - he made sure who we were dealing with!! :lol: He had a picture of himself by the deep blue sea!! :D

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 04:45 AM
For many its easy as they do choose feminine handles like Malligai.

But for folks like NM and Scorpio, we never knew as they were that good in hiding their gender Pa!! The cat came out of the bag only much later and that too, thru their own admission!!! :lol:

As for Mandakkai - he made sure who we were dealing with!! :lol: He had a picture of himself by the deep blue sea!! :D

How about mine :? ?.... I have seen that picture of Mandakkai, lovely background... :)

hehehewalrus
30th March 2005, 05:11 AM
You can tell by the style of writing..easily! :D

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 05:15 AM
Like I used the word 'lovely' in my previous message :lol2: ...do men use that :?

Surya
30th March 2005, 06:18 AM
Obviously the avatar is the easiest, fastest way to find out! But Of course there are some hubber like HL, and Roshan who are guys, but have their fav actresses as their avatars, but with them, they have masculane handles.

Yes, NM, and Scorpio were a huge surprice, because they had masculine avatars, and uni-sex handles.

madhu
30th March 2005, 07:50 AM
:P

Badri
30th March 2005, 07:56 AM
Why that smile, Madhu? Because your handle and avathar also are similar...

You could be Madhusoodhan or Madhuvanthi! And you avathar also doesnt tell anything!!

Athaan sirippo? :D

madhu
30th March 2005, 08:03 AM
badri!

though my avatar and handle dont show nething... ( even u cant ee the color of dress either pink or blue.. :lol: )...

You can tell by the style of writing..easily!

now .. is it not easy to guess ?

Shekhar
30th March 2005, 09:56 AM
You can always say it is a woman the moment she opens her mouth in the hub.. :) :) Who else use scores of words without meaning?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw Surya, Roshan is a lovely (!!) girl with long hair... :wink:

And I am really surprised NM and Scorpio were mistaken for men by many... They have women written all over them!! :lol: :lol:

scorpio
30th March 2005, 10:06 AM
DS,

You earlier handle was a big giveaway- Gooshi-sounded very feminine. And, then, your avtaar of Alka and your style of writing were pointing that you are definitely a female, that too, very young. :)

Surya,

Roshan is definitely be a girl. Cannot think otherwise at all from the postings. Well, there are very few females who always call a spade a spade, isn't it??

I really wonder why I was considered a male at the beginning. In my intro, infact, I had mentioned my fav. colors as Violet and magenta. Can u imagine any guy ( except Ramarajan) who would like such colours?? :lol:

Querida
30th March 2005, 10:08 AM
Surya shame on you :P our Roshan is a femme...glad she is too wouldn't want that wit wasted on a hombre :twisted:

Well Shekhar can say the same for guys was fooled by HL's avatar until he opened his mouth...that and he wrote ladkha..or else oooh i don't even want to think of a ladhki like him.. :lol:

scorpio
30th March 2005, 10:09 AM
deleted-double posting

Roshan
30th March 2005, 10:13 AM
Btw Surya, Roshan is a lovely (!!) girl with long hair... :wink:

Shekhar,
He was just trying to be a bit cheeky coz, some of my hub friends have this doubt that Surya is a woman ! :P :lol:

And I am really surprised NM and Scorpio were mistaken for men by many... They have women written all over them!! :lol: :lol:

I too am surprised. The moment I saw the Harry Potter avatar I knew it was a woman. As regards NM .. her posts made it very clear that she is woman. :)

Roshan
30th March 2005, 10:15 AM
Surya,

. Well, there are very few females who always call a spade a spade, isn't it??

LOL 1 @ scorpio :lol:

I really wonder why I was considered a male at the beginning. In my intro, infact, I had mentioned my fav. colors as Violet and magenta. Can u imagine any guy ( except Ramarajan) who would like such colours?? :lol:

LOL 2 @ scorpio !! :lol:

Badri
30th March 2005, 10:52 AM
Seriously, what is magenta? My Mom used to go on about Magenta saris! Thankfully, my wife is not so fond of such strange sounding names...so I am spared..although she would hint at mauve and toffee (read mithai) pinks once in a while!

But is Magenta even English? Or is it a definitely Indian word?

Magenta...sounds Tamil if you ask me...or maybe it was just my Mom who made it sound definitely Tamil!! :lol:

Akash
30th March 2005, 10:57 AM
Magenta...sounds Tamil if you ask me...or maybe it was just my Mom who made it sound definitely Tamil!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: its not just yr Mom,... our Moms!! i used to think pucka is typical tamil word for long time!!

scorpio
30th March 2005, 11:05 AM
Badri thambi,

Magenta is dark pink. Close to the roses we get in Chennai ( not Bangalore roses, the usual country rose) Not sure, if Crimson and Magenta are same. Whatever it may be, it is a colour which guys can hardly wear and hence no question of liking it. Not many females would prefer it too, but as dark colours suit my complexion well, I prefer them..

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 11:06 AM
Magenta is a crazy colour.
u wanna see it?

try this html code:
"
<html>
<body bgcolor="magenta">
</body>
</html>
"

and see for yourself!!!
:rotfl:

nirosha sen
30th March 2005, 11:09 AM
:D Hey Magenta!!! A favourite colour of mine Pa!! I love sarees in that colour!! Makes us look like fresh flowers too!! It's a mixture of red and purple Pa!!

As for crimson - hmmm....it's the colour of blood Pa!! Beware.......... :twisted:

Badri
30th March 2005, 11:09 AM
Akka - Thanks

And for those that are interested in Etymology of words, magenta is named after a place in Italy!!!!

Check this out -

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/m/ma/magenta.htm

Badri
30th March 2005, 11:13 AM
Magenta is a crazy colour.
u wanna see it?

try this html code:
"
and see for yourself!!!
:rotfl:

I did!!! :shock:

That was a cruel joke to play, JG! You should have atleast warned me what to expect! Seeing a whole window ...brrr!!!!

jaiganes
30th March 2005, 11:28 AM
badri wrote:

That was a cruel joke to play, JG!
ha ha ha!!
I had my revenge!!! :lol: :lol: :D

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 01:23 PM
scorpio wrote...DS,

You earlier handle was a big giveaway- Gooshi-sounded very feminine. And, then, your avtaar of Alka and your style of writing were pointing that you are definitely a female, that too, very young. :)....

Don't remind me of my earlier handle :oops: ..Akash :wink: :lol: ...How would an avatar of Alka Yagnik show that I am a female? :? ...Your judgements wouldn't have been questionable if my avatar was of, lets say, Udit Narayan (my next favorite after Alka :P )...

I thought my writing style was more guy-like than that of a girl :? ...and yes I am young, or if you'll categorize 17 as young :D ...

Badri
30th March 2005, 01:27 PM
This is interesting..can you really decide based on the writing style the gender of the writer?

In that case, how about the so many authors of books who write both of male and female characters, taking on the identity of one or the other?

Based on written content, perhaps, but I really doubt how we can make a decision based on the style alone! Perhaps Scorpio akka would like to clarify?

What constitutes a male writing style, and what a female?

Perhaps using magenta fonts would indicate a female? :lol:

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 01:31 PM
This is interesting..can you really decide based on the writing style the gender of the writer?

In that case, how about the so many authors of books who write both of male and female characters, taking on the identity of one or the other?

Based on written content, perhaps, but I really doubt how we can make a decision based on the style alone! Perhaps Scorpio akka would like to clarify?

What constitutes a male writing style, and what a female?

Perhaps using magenta fonts would indicate a female? :lol:

Why not start a new discussion on Male/Female Writing Styles...? :wink:

Badri
30th March 2005, 01:33 PM
Feel free, DS, be my guest! I can't because I don't believe you can actually discern the gender of a person based on the writing style alone.

scorpio
30th March 2005, 01:35 PM
Badri,

An author is able to handle both male and female characters effortlessly in a novel as they think of themselves as that particular character when they pen the dialogues or write about the traits etc. That does not happen when we write our thoughts on the hub, do we?

As Shekhar said somewhere, male hubbers here write precisely what they want to say, no extra words ( except when you all decide to pull my leg) but that is not the case with female hubbers. They tend to write a bit more. Except few, spelling mistakes are limited and grammar is correct when a female writes ( dont interpret that males don't know English). Females don't use bad words while writing on a public forum and don't call names -You know very well from yr experience in the History section ( again, there might be exceptions)DS's style of writing also pointed out that she must be very young and inexperienced in life. She looked more like a eager student to me, which I think is true.

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 01:38 PM
Feel free, DS, be my guest! I can't because I don't believe you can actually discern the gender of a person based on the writing style alone.

Well, I think its the way a person constructs a sentence using specific words that suit their gender that another is easily able to tell what they are...

Women go for 'flowery' words and whole sentences(and whole word) and men are the opposite of all that :P :P :P

Deep_Secrets
30th March 2005, 01:40 PM
Badri,

An author is able to handle both male and female characters effortlessly in a novel as they think of themselves as that particular character when they pen the dialogues or write about the traits etc. That does not happen when we write our thoughts on the hub, do we?

As Shekhar said somewhere, male hubbers here write precisely what they want to say, no extra words ( except when you all decide to pull my leg) but that is not the case with female hubbers. They tend to write a bit more. Except few, spelling mistakes are limited and grammar is correct when a female writes ( dont interpret that males don't know English). Females don't use bad words while writing on a public forum and don't call names -You know very well from yr experience in the History section ( again, there might be exceptions)DS's style of writing also pointed out that she must be very young and inexperienced in life. She looked more like a eager student to me, which I think is true.

Yup! As I have written in the Anecdote section that I have a lot to learn :roll: :D ...

Is HL Hindustani Ladka? :? ...

Roshan
30th March 2005, 04:00 PM
Well Shekhar can say the same for guys was fooled by HL's avatar until he opened his mouth...that and he wrote ladkha..or else oooh i don't even want to think of a ladhki like him.. :lol:

Hey !! how come I missed this post of Queri's. Superb one !! :lol:

Querida
30th March 2005, 10:21 PM
scorpio wrote...DS,

You earlier handle was a big giveaway- Gooshi-sounded very feminine. And, then, your avtaar of Alka and your style of writing were pointing that you are definitely a female, that too, very young. :)....

Don't remind me of my earlier handle :oops: ..Akash :wink: :lol: ...How would an avatar of Alka Yagnik show that I am a female? :? ...Your judgements wouldn't have been questionable if my avatar was of, lets say, Udit Narayan (my next favorite after Alka :P )...

I thought my writing style was more guy-like than that of a girl :? ...and yes I am young, or if you'll categorize 17 as young :D ...

well yeah a opposite gender avatar would fool for a moment but then writing style gets through...17 that accounts for mature in my books STILL :wink: ...gooshi was a cute name...love the cutey avatars you've been displaying...
well there's some hubber who just assume all hubbers are hombres :roll: (Kuliraddu :wink: )

Deep_Secrets
31st March 2005, 12:56 AM
scorpio wrote...DS,

well yeah a opposite gender avatar would fool for a moment but then writing style gets through...17 and married wow that accounts for mature in my books...gooshi was a cute name...love the cutey avatars you've been displaying...
well there's some hubber who just assume all hubbers are hombres :roll: (Kuliraddu :wink: )

Married :shock: :shock: :shock: ...?????? How come I don't know that? :rotfl:

Thanks for your compliment on my avatars :) ...

Querida
31st March 2005, 06:37 AM
opps sorry hon seriously i read in the bad habits thread where you had the same bad habit as scorpio while you had quoted her i did not see the box...and further thought you shared the exact same dilemma :oops: :oops:

Deep_Secrets
31st March 2005, 06:39 AM
opps sorry hon seriously i read in the bad habits thread where you had the same bad habit as scorpio while you had quoted her i did not see the box...and further thought you shared the exact same dilemma :oops: :oops:

It's my fault as well, I should have taken out the part about her daughter :roll: ...Anyway, that was funny :rotfl: .