PDA

View Full Version : corner plot lucky or unlucky????

raj14
20th April 2005, 01:36 AM
Hai all

I am new to this hub. I had some doubts . thought I would get some nice feedback from you all.

We are planning to buy a house. I have heard many say corner plot or house is unlucky. Is it really true.
I don't belive much in such blind beliefs. But still I don't want something to happen and everybody point out that buying such a home brought us bad luck.

Thank you
raj

Querida
20th April 2005, 11:01 AM
well if you're concerned do a religious ceremony before entering the house...i have heard of this supersition...i don't know why all i can see is the bigger plot of land you get because you are at a corner...it's like looking at house number for luck....keep it in mind if you like but only if convienient...everyone will point fingers even if you buy the best house and fall on misfortune and will convieniently forget what they swore was bad luck when good fortune follows....that's just the way people are...pay more attention on what kind of house you want...but on a more spiritual line...i found when house hunting i tended to get a feel for each of the houses we entered either a good or bad feeling based on atmosphere i guess...we picked the one that gave the best feeling to everyone in the family... and that it fufilled every other one of our more tangible requirements..happy house hunting :D

blahblah
20th April 2005, 02:57 PM
I don't belive much in such blind beliefs. But still I don't want something to happen and everybody point out that buying such a home brought us bad luck.
raj

This simply means that you have 'some blind beliefs'.I don't see the Americans or the Swiss going for such superstition,and it appears that they do quite well without all this :D .

jaiganes
20th April 2005, 03:06 PM
Raj!
Do not try to serve two masters!
If you fear then you are believing, else it wouldn't have even disturbed you. If you feel that you are even slighty perturbed, then go to some vasthu guy and do as he says. Else, forget it and enjoy the land of your choice instead of bothering about corner, center etc., Also buy 1 VCD of Vivek comedy scenes and enjoy buddy! Best of luck for your land mission!!!

Shekhar
20th April 2005, 04:20 PM
Corner plot lucky or unlucky???!!!

:banghead: :banghead:

blahblah
20th April 2005, 04:24 PM

Another 'pierce or not' thread,Shekhar?
And we are all here too!! :lol2: :mrgreen: :banghead:

Shekhar
20th April 2005, 04:28 PM

Another 'pierce or not' thread,Shekhar?
And we are all here too!! :lol2: :mrgreen: :banghead:

You said it buddy!!! :lol: :lol:

Roshan
20th April 2005, 04:40 PM
Oh! Gosh !! I too had to land in this thread :banghead: :banghead:

But I think you guys would miss Shakthi a lot here :lol: :lol:

nirosha sen
20th April 2005, 06:26 PM
Choose corner lot, Pa!! You can have a nice garden to have tea in, every evening!! 8)

raj14
21st April 2005, 12:56 AM
Thank you all for responsing

I don't belive in such blind beliefs. The reason it bothers me is because, we are pregnant. And in case something bad happens, in coincidence. People who belive, our elders, will point it out and blame us.

I too think corner lot is great we have lesser neighbours and we do live in US. And parking space increases too. Here corner lot are costlier too.

Thanks again for all ure feedback. I just wanted to see what everbody thinks about this

hehehewalrus
21st April 2005, 02:32 AM
just a question, a number of you would have stayed in boarding school or stayed in your college hostel.
Did the location, room number matter to you? Did you have the freedom to choose your room no.?

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 11:28 AM
This simply means that you have 'some blind beliefs'.I don't see the Americans or the Swiss going for such superstition,and it appears that they do quite well without all this :D .

Actually I rem. once reading in our paper tat even Indians in the olden days (say 30-40 yrs ago) hardly had ne belief in Vaasthu etc....
my parents didn't, when they built our ex-house at hyd. in 1978! This became a more recent trend...
Incidentally, circa 5-6 yrs ago, one of my father's old friends, a retd. professor who lived close to our ex-house, got his whole house (built nearly the same time as ours) demolished down to the foundation bcos it seemed it wasn't in accordance w/ Vaasthu! :banghead: and then he got it re-built from the scratch as per Vaasthu spec......
Pity 'cos the old house looked quite nice and then imagine how much money wud've been wasted on the demolition + re-construction! :x

Querida
5th May 2005, 08:40 PM
what's vaasthu? :?

Surya
5th May 2005, 09:54 PM
Vaasthu is placing the rooms, the doorway etc all in the right places, facing the right directions.

Lord,
Really? That's strange, my parents built a house here in cali when I was back when I was like 12, and that was like 11 years ago, and still did it according to vaastu shastra. :) Corner plot or not, might be a bit farfetched, but Vaasthu is real. That just me btw. :wink:

aravindhan
5th May 2005, 11:32 PM
Actually I rem. once reading in our paper tat even Indians in the olden days (say 30-40 yrs ago) hardly had ne belief in Vaasthu etc.... my parents didn't, when they built our ex-house at hyd. in 1978! This became a more recent trend...

Absolutely. Traditional house design - at least in south India - does not resemble Vaasthu. Furthermore, in the 1970s and 1980s, almost nobody knew Vaasthu. One of my professors was doing some research at the time where he came across a reference to the Vaastu shastra. He actually had to learn the Malayalam script to find out more about it because the only book he could find which contained it was a temple construction manual printed in Travancore in the 19th century!

Vaasthu really only came into use in the 1990s when Vedicisms suddenly became fashionable. It's not an "ancient tradition" in the sense that it's not been in use for several centuries, and we don't really know if, how, or to what extent it was actually used by people to build their own homes.

lordstanher
12th May 2005, 06:30 PM
Vaasthu is placing the rooms, the doorway etc all in the right places, facing the right directions.

Yea....I rem. it also specifies as to the room used by which member of the family shud be in wat direction etc.... :D

Lord,
Really? That's strange, my parents built a house here in cali when I was back when I was like 12, and that was like 11 years ago, and still did it according to vaastu shastra. :)

Yes tats wat I said abt it being a relatively recent trend, ie, circa early '90s, if I can rem. right! (which wud make sense in ur parents adopting it 11 yrs ago :wink:.....)
btw, Surya, um....didn't the local builders at the time ur house was built think/find it strange tho?? :D
And I don't really recall ne myths or facts abt corner plots, since I chose not to believe too strictly in Vasthu, but I do rem. being told tat one shud never buy a plot tat has a road ending to it, cos ppl. who build houses/live in such plots die a horrible death w/ head injury!
And strange enuff, I knew an old gent in our old locality, who had such a plot, tragically died such a death 5 yrs ago! Of course, I reckon it cud've more likely been bcos he never wore a helmet while riding his scooter! :(