PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLAN MY TRIP TO THE STATES

B777
21st April 2005, 10:22 PM
hi everyone..this is my very first post on forumhub..

im gonna start my freshmen year of college at purdue university this august :D ..can ne1 help me on getting there..
im in mumbai and i need to go to W.Lafayette(IN)

the nearest airport is Indianapolis and i dont know if there are direct operations to this city from europe or any international operations atall!..

thanks all...

jaiganes
22nd April 2005, 08:58 AM
there must be an india conclave for indian students in your school in purdue. Also ask your International Students advisor, he/she will guide you on the best way to not just reach states, also to your school safely. When I got admission in UMR, I got communicae from ISA(stud advisor) that I should not start from the airport if I reached there beyond 5-30PM as bus journey after that is dangerous (whatever that means). So try tapping your school resources for information like this.

scorpio
22nd April 2005, 10:22 AM
I too have a trip to US coming up (first time) shortly. Those who have migrated from India and those who have travelled to the US before, pl. share some do's and dont's, tips, advice whatever. Will really appreciate.

hehehewalrus
22nd April 2005, 10:46 AM
Scorpio,
http://www.path2usa.com/new_comers/index.htm

Read these:
Travel Guidelines Box
USA - Other Important Links
USA - Work Culture and Office Environment

Regarding calling cards, flights, etc, take the guidance of 2 people who have lived in the place you are going to.

scorpio
22nd April 2005, 10:53 AM
thanks Walrus.