PDA

View Full Version : What is American Dream?

numkitchen
22nd April 2005, 04:10 AM
What is American Dream?

Have you ever thought about this ?

What is the main factor that makes you to stay in USA?

These days even in India people can make almost the same amount of money like in US. But something stops them from going back to India - what is it?

we had discussion with our friends and came up with something interesting answers - even in todays 'USA-TODAY' this is discussed..

1) Is it the freedom you enjoy here?

2) Is it the financial Stability here?

3) Is it the corruption factor?

4) Is it the Infrastructure?

5) Is it the Standard of life in USA?

Or is it something else?

What do you think...

blahblah
22nd April 2005, 02:06 PM
42 views and no replies!I am sure that you would have understood by now that most of us do not stay in USA. :mrgreen:

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 11:16 AM
First of all I'm rather astounded to find sumone asking What the American Dream actually is!! :lol: When tats wat most of the present gen. in our country r chasing w/ such untiring perseverance!! :wink: :lol:

Badri
5th May 2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, didnt you know about the GREAT AMERICAN DREAM?

OWN A CAR
OWN A HOUSE
OWN A BOAT
HAVE A WIFE AND THREE KIDS
OWN A BARBECUE AND A GARDEN TO HAVE IT IN

AND BE UPTO THE NECK IN DEBT! THAT IS THE GREAT AMERICAN DREAM!!!

:lol:

rajraj
5th May 2005, 11:23 AM
No Badri. It is one kid or no kids! :)

Roshan
5th May 2005, 11:33 AM

OWN A CAR
OWN A HOUSE
OWN A BOAT

AND BE UPTO THE NECK IN DEBT! THAT IS THE GREAT AMERICAN DREAM!!!

:thumbsup:

And rajraj, Yes you are correct !!! Those who I know personally and who live in the US have either one child or non .

Badri
5th May 2005, 11:45 AM
Roshan and rajraj: You are talking about Indians in USA.

But I am talking about Americans!

By the way, this was a joke that was told to me when I was in the US, by an American colleague! Besides, by the time you are married for the fourth time, you tend to accumulate such baggage as two or three extra kids!!

rajraj
5th May 2005, 11:56 AM
Roshan and Badri,

American Dream for NRIs:

Send the kid/kids to Harvard,Yale, MIT,Stanford or some other leading university.
Make sure they go for medicine or law
Own a BMW,Mercedes Benz or Jaguar ! :)

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 11:59 AM
OWN A CAR

Naah, make tat 3 or 4 cars- one for u, one for the wife (maybe in case she's pissed off at u over an argument & decides to drive alone to work....? :wink: ), and one for each of the kids when they're post 16 (depending on how many kids u've got! :wink: )
And also OWN A GARAGE TO HAV THE CAR/S IN, WHICH U'LL HAV TO CLEAR OUT ON 1 FINE DAY WHEN UR BETTER-HALF YELLS OUT "ITS GARAGE-SALE DAY, HONEY!!" :lol:

W/ A LUSH LAWN IN IT, TO MOW ON UR RELAXING SUNDAY MORNINGS WHEN U WISH TO BE A COUCH-POTATO! :wink: :lol:

AND BE UPTO THE NECK IN DEBT!

Not to mention paying the ol' Bills/Taxes up to date....... :lol:

Roshan
5th May 2005, 12:53 PM
Besides, by the time you are married for the fourth time, you tend to accumulate such baggage as two or three extra kids!!

Yeah ! true :lol: Thats why the Federal and State Governments grant them various types of Tax Deductions and Tax Credits in the case of step children. :lol:

Deep_Secrets
5th May 2005, 01:18 PM

Two kids :roll: ... preferrably boy and girl.

You should add to the poll "Is it the factor that the environment/water here somehow clears up your complexion, makes you whiter? :lol: "...true, it does.