PDA

View Full Version : Shankers Anniyan Songs

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Nayagan
17th May 2005, 10:50 PM
Cinefan: Try listening to it a couple of more times, I think you will change your mind. :)

SM has sung the song kumari very well. It gets to you after a couple of listens.

HJ is not in the league of ARR but he sure knows how to tune with the limited choices that he can think off.

Once the movie releases, I predict that the songs are going to be the rage of TN.

Movies
18th May 2005, 03:36 AM
Nayagan,

So you are saying that HJ is not capable on surviving with his OWN music? Well, u cant be more true!

ARR - shankar rocked TFM, Sometimes Ahankar launched purely depending on ARR, example Jeans and Kadhalan. And Ofcourse ARR carried them to victory , with a little of shankars magic! And at times ARR worked perfectr tandem to shankar and result were numero uno!

Now I Beleive shankar chose HJ, to prove that Shankar can stand alone without ARR's HIT music. Thus by choosing HJ, and getting meidocre music, if the movie is a hit its purely shankar! and EVEN if the songs become a rage after the movies a HIT , its solely because of SHANKAR and not HJ!

All the BEST to Shankar, He is a magnificient Director, I am sure he wont flatter were HJ flattered!

Cinefan
19th May 2005, 06:30 PM
Cinefan: Try listening to it a couple of more times, I think you will change your mind. :)

Did that :D Still maintain Andangakka is the only song which is chartbuster material.Kumari indeed has good singing from SM&has grown on me&I kind of liked iyengar veettu Azhagae too.But 1 good song&two avg ones do not make an album.Looking forward to Vettiaadu.....

svaisn
20th May 2005, 11:47 AM
I read in Indiaglitz that Pravin mani is doing the RR for Anniyan........ Y what happened to HJ???

If I am not wrong shankar and ARR had a fall out only because of the RR of Boyzzzz.... ARR was not able to complete the RR and hence he had to use Pravin to complete it....

dinesh2002
20th May 2005, 03:45 PM
1 word to explain the trailor!!! WOW!!!!!! my goodness...it looks so classy...cant believe ARRahman isnt in this amazing project!! for once....the theme music actually suited the movie for once!!!good job....lets see what will happen now!!!

dinesh2002
24th May 2005, 08:21 AM
Hi friends,
Shankar's latest interview was aired on Jaya TV last Sunday in the morning. He did not speak one word about HJ even though the interview was on Anniyan. It was a nice interview. They split his name and one quality was assigned to each letter of his name. (S- success, H-hardwork, etc). Here is a translation of what he said on hard work. Its not word to word but i have conveyed what he wanted to say.

Hard Work.

Well, i am not anywhere close to hard work if you look at some of the others. AR Rahman is the epitome of hard work. When we record songs, i used to be very happy with it, but he used to say lets add something more. And ten minutes later it used to sound better and i used to say great sir, lets record it. But he used to refuse. I used to wonder how can you ever make this song better!?! But again after 10 minutes he used to add a small touch to the song and it will sound so beautiful. But he always asks my opinion and makes sure that i am satisfied as well. if i did not like a particular sound he will remove it promtly but that has happened only once. He keeps making a song better till he is totally satisfied. And lets talk about song mixing on the CD. Its the easiest job and musicians start the work at 11 AM and finish it in 2 hrs. But Rahman takes one or two days for that. He makes sure that the songs are mixed properly in the CD. He stays back to make sure it is done and never settles for anything less than perfect. Such a great maestro need not ask others for opinion but he always makes sure everyone including the sound engineer is happy. It is such simplicity and hard work that makes him the best ever composer in India. This is why he has taken Tamil Music to the world. Some great musicians have scored music and people have enjoyed and they have become famous. But this man has made sure that even a foreigner stops to listen to a Tamil Song! At the same time no Tamilian is unhappy. This requires not just pure genius but that hard work and down to earth nature. What a man!

Now i am not sure if they really have a problem. Maybe ARR just dint have the time and shankar had to prove himself after boys film dint do well. He would not have praised him soooooo much if they really had a fight. lets hope they get back soon. for the sake of each other, for the sake of tamil music industry.

any comments

Wasim.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/51955

SHANKAR UR BACK TO BUSSINES NOW!!!

A.ANAND
24th May 2005, 09:58 AM
Shankara,ini unnai antha kadavulthan [rahman]kappathanam....

Scale
24th May 2005, 11:10 AM
Hi friends,

SHANKAR UR BACK TO BUSSINES NOW!!!

SILA PERU SOLLI THIRUNTHUVANGHA, SILA PERU ADICHA THIRUNTHUVANGHA, INNUM SILA PERU IRUKKANGALE PATTA THAAN THIRUNTHUVANGHA.

Shankar u r so sensitive AND i really pity you.

YOUR ANNIYAN IS YET to RELEASE.

Btw, to everyone who doesnt know why shankar chose HJ for anniyan: ARR was busy in the overseas projects and other hindi films which were prebooked. Not that Shankar opted for a better MD. Its obvious now, Shankar realised his mistake.

music man
24th May 2005, 01:21 PM
Hey this is good news.There is no doubt that there was some misunderstanding between ARR and Shankar.Even Shankar said in "The Hindu" that they had decided to part their own ways.But now this "ice on the wound" technique may be that Shankar would have realized that his previous albums were far superior than the present one and it's better to return back to the music wizard.Meanwhile Dinesh I think you still have the site on our ARR.
Please can you give the link to your webpage.

A.ANAND
24th May 2005, 03:20 PM
INNAMA PECHI PESANANUNGA 2 PERUM????!!!!
KONJAMANA PECHA..MATTI MATTI ENNAMA INTERVIEW KODUTHANUNGA..IPPA ENNA ACHU??
'ENNATHAN PATTAM UUYARA PARANTHALUM ORU NAAL KILATHAN VANTHAGANUM'HJ VERUM AARU,RAHMAN SAMUDRAM....

dinesh2002
24th May 2005, 05:59 PM
Hey this is good news.There is no doubt that there was some misunderstanding between ARR and Shankar.Even Shankar said in "The Hindu" that they had decided to part their own ways.But now this "ice on the wound" technique may be that Shankar would have realized that his previous albums were far superior than the present one and it's better to return back to the music wizard.Meanwhile Dinesh I think you still have the site on our ARR.
Please can you give the link to your webpage.

hehehe..yes i still do..but its been 1 1/2 months i eva updated it,but here it is :

www.arrahman.iscool.net

slperson1
25th May 2005, 06:17 AM
new trailor with ongs and scenes available at
www.nowrunning.com
if the movie lives upto the trailor this movie will easily blow CM out of the water

Movies
25th May 2005, 09:21 AM
WOW!

Vikram looks amazing........ Just a few scenes says alot about his part in the movie! Major! The power in his dialogue delivery! Killer!

And yes the picturaizations are cool..... but they seem deja vu..... saregame, ale ale, alganaratchasiyai... similair..... but a defenite bonus to watch the average somgs..

i have a very big feeling that the movies along the lines of a modified Indian ....... I think Indian Thatha is replaced by a anniayn. and a combo of gentleman as well.... Kicha with the iyer vikram.

This is my prediction on the anniyan storyline... it has the Indian story with a gentleman outlook.

This second trailer is zillion times more better than the first one.

I think the comedy track is gonna be good. The trailer shows it.

I dont think Anniyan could beat CM. For one simple reason,
It does not have Rajni. It took a CM to beat a padayappa. and that too we arent sure yet.

dinesh2002
25th May 2005, 03:58 PM
Hahahahahahaahahhahaah... :lol: i got a good laugh after watching the Anniyan trailor.... the songs picturisation all look a direct ripp from Shankar's previous films,and the worse was Iyergaatu veethu...it looks like cartoon with those cardboards behind,i think they tried to make it look classy but ended up looking like a cardboard song,Randakka is def a ripp from Azhagana Ratchasiye....Shankar!!! what happened to u?? the fights are all not original ... btw..what bout that creature jumping in the water...what is it about??will it give super power to vikram?? :shock:

muzammil84
25th May 2005, 04:36 PM
the trailer look like film koi mil gaya not full, but in the movie koi mil gaya, herthik is staring with ara lousu then after he get power he come like a super man here too is same

dinesh2002
25th May 2005, 04:41 PM
hey guys...just saw Anbe Anbe - Jeans....just got a shock... :shock: .nearly 60% is same....check out the cardboard in Anbe Anbe Jeans,see there & see here..in Anbe Anbe the tree,the leafs,and the background is made out of cardboard...check it out & tell me!!!

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 11:48 AM
anyone here heard of the Game called " Blood' by monolith??the introduction in Anniyan website is very simular to certain part of the game...i will try to get some screen shot of the game....btw....is Anniyan confirmed on 10th June?

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 12:02 PM
here is the site...scroll down and see where did they got the idea of Anniyan's costume!

http://blood.lith.com/

slperson1
26th May 2005, 05:55 PM
dinesh,
are you talking about the hooded costume with the sith?if so please do slap yourself in the head for me.the grim reaper costume is VERY COMMON.its been the costume of death for ages.

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 06:16 PM
ofcource the costume with the hood is been meant for the deads...who comes back alive....but check out the same effect on the website & the game....1st of all...u eva played that game b4???

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 06:49 PM
Preview

Director Shankar is known for his larger-than-life movies and strong social message. Anniyan is no different from this for it is one of the big budget movies ever to have come out in Tamil filmdom.

Shankar's movies normally have all commercial elements including humour, glamour, action and emotion besides a strong message. In Anniyan too, he has dealt on rooting out corruption.

According to director Shankar, Anniyan is a racy entertainer, which is about a person who tries to bring a change in the society.

Vikram, who is riding a high in his career after having won the National Award for best actor for his Pithamagan, plays the lead role.

The movie has been churned out for a period of over a year and Vikram patiently waited to complete the project without taking up other offers that came his way. He also has taken pains to sport different make up and hairstyles to get the right feel for his character.

Some people say that the film's hero has shades of dual personality --- or at worst, is like the hero of Indian. That is, he has an other side to him.

Vikram, who plays a lawyer, takes up all efforts to educate the people and bring them up in their life. Sada plays his ladylove. For the first time Shankar has associated with a music director other than A R Rehman. Music for Anniyan has been by Harris Jayaraj.

Some of the highlights of the movie includes a Thiruvaiyaru Thyagaraja Utsavam being recreated, a song shot at annual flower show at Amsterdam and another song shot in a huge mountain painted in different colors.

Every scene in the movie has been shot in a grand manner and at a lavish cost, says Shankar.

Cinematography is by Ravi Verman and Manikandan, art direction is by Sabu Cyril, editing is by V.T.Vijayan and stunts by Peter Hayen. Others in cast include Prakash Raj, Nedumudi Venu and Vivek.

Producer Oscar Ravichandran has not baulked at any expense and has spent money on the film without thinking twice.

Shankar says he is lucky to have got such a producer.

Most of the details of the film have been kept a closely guarded secret.

And that is adding to the essential allure of the film.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/preview/7066.html

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 06:51 PM
yo guys......want to ask ..... how is the sales now..after the promo?

Vaz
26th May 2005, 07:59 PM
Yo Dinesh...

"ofcource the costume with the hood is been meant for the deads...who comes back alive"

Don't know if you got it right but the costume is usually used in western countries to represent the equivalent of our own Yema Dharma Raja. So he doesn't really come alive... He comes to take lives which is a bit different.

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 08:40 PM
Yo Dinesh...

"ofcource the costume with the hood is been meant for the deads...who comes back alive"

Don't know if you got it right but the costume is usually used in western countries to represent the equivalent of our own Yema Dharma Raja. So he doesn't really come alive... He comes to take lives which is a bit different.

yes yes...comes back to take lifes...heheheh...like in the movie "Ghost"!!:D

slperson1
27th May 2005, 01:02 AM
here is the site...scroll down and see where did they got the idea of Anniyan's costume!

http://blood.lith.com/

ahem u said to scroll down and look at where they got the idea of the costume.that is what i was pointing out; ur ludicrous point about shankar gettin the costume idea from this game.

A.ANAND
27th May 2005, 09:16 AM
anniyan audio bad sale...flop!!
visit www.dinamani.com [cinemanews]

dinesh2002
27th May 2005, 09:17 AM
lol...its not that only....ok mabby not the costumes or the movie..but the website's design is very close to the game's settings...what eva it is...im still eager to watch the movie...anyone can guess what does the huge frog (is it???) jumping into the river has to do with the movie???does that gives anniyan a super power??? :?

dinesh2002
27th May 2005, 09:19 AM
anniyan audio bad sale...flop!!
visit www.dinamani.com [cinemanews]

machan..im a bad tamil reader :roll: ,could u translate that part of the audio sales news?? :oops:

njv
27th May 2005, 10:17 AM
It says ususally shankar movie CD sales would be equivalent to Rajni movie CD sales, but this time its not even close.

BTW, I bought the original CD (I know after bad reviewes from all these folks!) and it sounded LOT better than mp3/raaga.com. I liked 3 songs instantly. Hopefully it will be good to watch in theatre.

Movies
27th May 2005, 10:41 AM
It says Shankars previous movies had sales on par with a rajni audio. But this time It hasnt come close. People in the audio buisness say once the movies out the somgs will surely become a hit?

dinesh2002
27th May 2005, 12:02 PM
movies...thats 1 thing for sure..once movie is out...song is sure to become a hit....same case with Chandramuki,b4 movie released,Raa Raa was not apriciated,but when the movie got released,Raa Raa is the no 1 song in all charts!!!

stone cold
27th May 2005, 03:25 PM
hey guys, did u watch the anniyan trailer in astro vaanavil?its about 5 min length.mov looks brilliant.let see.....

A.ANAND
27th May 2005, 06:42 PM
if all movie song are hit after movie released in theater.
why we want buy the audio cd??

irfansong
30th May 2005, 05:35 PM
The song Kannum kannum nokia resembles YSR's song (turkey chiken noodlea like that it sounds) in Deena. The Iyengar veetu is an okay type melody. Andangakka is just good for its beats. Remaining things are okay. Not so good.

Movies
31st May 2005, 01:39 AM
I listened to Anniyan today after two weeks. I used to listen to them about 10 times a day when it released, then i got bored with it when i didnt find it as good as other shankar albums.

But guys now I think the songs are catching up when i listen to them now after a gap. Maybe its because i like vikram and shankar, and the trailer set the mood for the songs?

But still i say the album is average , but if the movie is solid good then songs will def make the top of tha charts!

Anyone else?

dinesh2002
31st May 2005, 11:42 AM
I listened to Anniyan today after two weeks. I used to listen to them about 10 times a day when it released, then i got bored with it when i didnt find it as good as other shankar albums.

But guys now I think the songs are catching up when i listen to them now after a gap. Maybe its because i like vikram and shankar, and the trailer set the mood for the songs?

But still i say the album is average , but if the movie is solid good then songs will def make the top of tha charts!

Anyone else?

none of the songs impres me !!!except Randaka,others,r pure bored stuffss...have to say the last Hj impress me is Laysa Laysa!! (3 years back)

Scale
31st May 2005, 06:53 PM

Anyone else?

none of the songs impres me !!!except Randaka,others,r pure bored stuffss...have to say the last Hj impress me is Laysa Laysa!! (3 years back)

I heard Kaadhal recently and I thought Shankar should have better teamed up with JS instead of HJ :( .

dinesh2002
1st June 2005, 07:58 AM
scale,u actually read my mind,or he could simply go for YSR or Pravin mani...Pravin mani did amazing work in Little john...and i also heard Pravin mani did the BGM score for Anniyan!!

interz
1st June 2005, 01:36 PM
Harris Jeyraj raj is from Rahman school of Music, u dont appreciate the songs on first hearings. Think media will prmote the songs very much to make people like the songs. They always have weaknesss for Harris BECAUSE he worked under A R rahman

dinesh2002
1st June 2005, 04:14 PM
Harris Jeyraj raj is from Rahman school of Music, u dont appreciate the songs on first hearings. Think media will prmote the songs very much to make people like the songs. They always have weaknesss for Harris BECAUSE he worked under A R rahman

then where is that weekness for Pravin mani???? :lol: just kiding man...actually..if they say he is good becoz he worked under ARR is acceptable,but they r saying he was the 1 made arr provide hits...so irrelevant huh??

baba88
1st June 2005, 08:15 PM
Hey Friends,

I found the Official and Full Trailer of Shankar's Anniyan movie. In the Trailor are bits of All Songs. If you watch the trailer clearly you can imagine the story of Anniyan.

Story: There is one Ayyar. He doesn't like people doing crimes. One day he turns into the punisher. In nights he sends letters with his Name 'ANNIYAN' and the way he wants to kill the people, to the criminals. I think this is the Story. If you watch the trailer you can think that this is the story.

Go and download the trailer at

www.Tamilmp3tracks.Com

prabu
1st June 2005, 08:34 PM
Story sounds like "Gentlemen" movie..

MumbaiRamki
2nd June 2005, 02:20 AM
I was impressed by the visuls - definetely shld be agripping story with amazing visuals - athu pothum ..Paisa Vasool !!

united07
2nd June 2005, 08:18 AM
the flying stunt sequence sucks man....
u can see vikram clearly bein gsupported by wireframe...
why do it..if u cant make it look real!...

story...is as what baba said..
Iyer Vikram = The Punisher
Modern Vikram = Sada lover, = life saver
Modern Vikram + Prakash Raj = capture Iyer a.k.a punisher....flash back begins....
the punisher vikram sentenced to death...
Modern vikram + sada take up the society clean up role.....
Modern vikram lives hte life of punisher...people gets scared...thinking it's the Punishers spirit...and stop lanja-fying.....film ends....people rush out of thetrea saying "padam super", "vikram nalla nadicirukaru", "Shankar nalla direct pannirukaru", "Harris Jeyaraj music super", "NTR junior vareve illaiye???!"

dinesh2002
2nd June 2005, 01:46 PM
u know..sometime they makkals ( when some shows goes straight to the teather and record people's review who came out of the teather after the movie finishes) will give reviews like " Super padam,Paathu ellam super,fighting scenes super,or comdey super" doesnt really shows the movies fate,i remember seeing this people saying good things bout the movie but the movie ended up beeing the biggest flop, like the movie kadhal virus!

Sanjeevi
3rd June 2005, 07:36 PM
Hi Dinesh,

Enna ithu, intha threadla pathi ungaladothuthan.

Vera velaiyae illaiya

Sanjeevi
3rd June 2005, 07:45 PM
Songs are not excellent. just OK.

dinesh2002
3rd June 2005, 09:01 PM
Hi Dinesh,

Enna ithu, intha threadla pathi ungaladothuthan.

Vera velaiyae illaiya

ellai :D

A.ANAND
4th June 2005, 01:14 PM
I support 2oo% comment of united07...its very true..
anniyan gentelmen,indian, muthalvan padattoda remix..
anniyan songs mathiri busssssssssss agamma ithuntha sarri!!!50-50.trailor patthuu ethum sollamudiyathu!!!

muzammil84
4th June 2005, 11:01 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15037.html

hahha read this news guys what a joke, shankar was with arr in boys, arr is really busy that time, so he was done little lately, but Xerox Jeyraj what he doing, nothing then why he too late hahhaha what a joke pity xerox jeyraj :p

stone cold
11th June 2005, 03:21 PM
[tscii:901df92890]U certificate for ‘Anniyan`!

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 11 June , 2005, 09:23

The regional censor board in Chennai has issued a clean ‘U’ certificate for ‘Oscar’ Racvichandran’s Anniyan without any cuts!!
It is for the first time that a Shankar film is being a passed without any hassles. An emotionally charged Shankar said: “They congratulated me for making a film with a strong message and it is one of the best compliments that I have received”.

The producer of Anniyan, ‘Oscar’ Ravichandran is a relieved man and he heaved a sigh of relief after hearing the censor verdict. It is a great achievement, as getting a ‘U’ certificate for an action film is not easy these days.

And now it is confirmed that Anniyan will definitely make it to the halls on June 17 worldwide with 404 prints in Tamil and Telugu.

[/tscii:901df92890]

thumburu
13th June 2005, 12:30 PM
HarrisJeyaraj must be riding on high waves as two recent films of his are the talk of Tamizhagam (ULLam ketkume and Anniyan)

dinesh2002
13th June 2005, 07:58 PM
yes...

anniyan = flop,sales low,couldnt be par with ARR-Shankar

Ullam ketkume = a flop during those days,a delayed movie,sales didint reach 50 000,etc etc..

def the 'talk of the town'

sloshed
13th June 2005, 08:14 PM
thumburu...
i agree with you .... i watched ullam ketkume in the theatre and people were soo engrossed with the songs.. i think HJ has come up with amazing stuff....

'ennai panthada' .. mazhai mazhai .... simply outstanding....

even the song with ulele lee humming .. was awesome....

dinesh ....

u being negative abt him only shows u in poor light.. ullam ketume.. is one of those movies.. where you wait for the next song........impatiently....

good job hj..

Arjuna
13th June 2005, 10:01 PM
ullam ketkumae is running due to the power of my ASIN - she is a goddess..

Movies
13th June 2005, 10:33 PM
Sloshed, I saw the movie a few days ago at the theaters,

First of all the movie was OK. I thought the climax was stretched miles and miles linger! I think :Ennai Pnathada" is one of HJ's originla and best songs, right from the day the audio released I cud never stop my self constatntly hum this sone, another song with the same effeat on me was the " Kadu Thirandha" from Vasool raja.
I think Sify is hyping the movie too much. Obviously since no movies around it wud have got a good opening, and when i went to see the movie the word of mouth wasnt good. neither it is now.

And I went to watch the movie cause of ASIN! but to my disapointment she hadnt much and didnt look that good in this movie either!

GUYS In one of the first scenes of the movie, I think the one where shyam tries seducing a girl in the LAB, HJ plays a BGM, I am 100% positive It is an ARR BGM , I think its from Duet. HJ used the same BGM in Kakak kaka as well in certain scenes. Anyone else noticed???????????????

Movies
14th June 2005, 08:30 AM
NICE BIT OF NEWS ;

We all know Vikram is the HRO of Anniyan. But do you know that the same VIKRAM dubbed voice for PRABHUDEVA in the movie KADHALAN , a SHANKAR product?????

Cool eh? Life and its Irony! :clap:

Guess_Me
14th June 2005, 11:09 AM
Vikram dubbed for Abbas in Kandukonden Kandukonden. I wonder for who all he dubbed.

muzammil84
14th June 2005, 02:39 PM
ya movie, he compose 12b bgm, deut muthu bgm all mixing but all r nice coz he is a clone of arr, so he do like him :)

dinesh2002
14th June 2005, 03:25 PM
thumburu...
i agree with you .... i watched ullam ketkume in the theatre and people were soo engrossed with the songs.. i think HJ has come up with amazing stuff....

'ennai panthada' .. mazhai mazhai .... simply outstanding....

even the song with ulele lee humming .. was awesome....

dinesh ....

u being negative abt him only shows u in poor light.. ullam ketume.. is one of those movies.. where you wait for the next song........impatiently....

good job hj..

yo machan,i agree only those 2 songs r outstanding in that film,i too liked both the songs very much,but couldnt digest Mazhai Mazhai was a full version of Meena's intro BGM in Meena...

interz
14th June 2005, 05:28 PM
ullam ketkumae are the baddest songs i ever heard, HJ sux big time.

vijayr
15th June 2005, 01:29 AM
Anniyan supposedly takes record opening even before release
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13871867

Movies
15th June 2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah,

Sify is making a big deal out of it!

Duh! the movie is gonna have a bumper opening! Any idiot would have guessed it! Its a SHANKAR MOVIE and no other NEW movies either!

This is gonna boost Chandramukhi even more this weekend. People would go to watch Anniyan, and as there would be no tickets available next choice is gonna be Chandramukhi ( esp at Sathyam)

I remember Clearly , this was about 6 - 7 years ago. At Sathyam Theater, back then there was no Sree and studio 5, and sathyam was like Devi just dolby and big screen with A/c! Titanic was doing roaring Buisness at Sathyam! Jeans released , then too SUN tv showed a special program about the advanced booking for Jeans, and Sathyam owner said it was booked for 2 weeks! I remember people going to watch Jeans at sathya, and Jeans was not available, so next choice was Titianic. Titanic had boost cause of that! I remeber buying tickets for jeans (at sathyam!) for 150 rupees plus!
Now ofcourse Its not easy to get black tickets at sathyam!
Aaaahhh good old days!

I think Sify talks too much at times! Sometimes i get excited too reading it, but.........

Jacky
15th June 2005, 10:02 AM
"I think Sify talks too much at times! "

don't cry foul cuz most of the magic numbers of CM were posted only by sify.
:lol:

Anniyan - http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/06/15/stories/2005061500430100.htm

Movies
15th June 2005, 02:48 PM
Jacky welcome back.

And no I am not crying, I agree with Sify figures and stuff, but most times they HYPE too much! For instance look at the way they make ARYA seem to be a huge star! Both his movies were flops! They make too much hype.

I read the hindu article. I honestly hope Oscare Ravichandran atleast breaks even!
Oscar Ravichandran is a wise producer, he does do alot of publicities for his movies thru ads and billboards, I think for instance Vanatha polai and that ajith movie held the record in TN for most number of billboards! I havent seen any for anniyuan though, I guess Anniyan needs no publicity!

I made the point that article above made on the Chandramuki forum. There is noo way Anniyanis gonna beat 25 crores! Evene a Rajni film makes only 20 crores. Previously when shankar made biggies, the trend was different, people payed big sums for audio, theater right, movie rights, and importantly no thirutu VCD!

But Anniyan has its chances; 1. No other competition, only CM is the other movie running
2. No expected movies in the fuuture, not even for Aug 15.
3. Vikram and vivek.

But will it be enough?

I am sure shankar has made this movie with a vengence, I think hes pretty mad at the press, so hoping for the best.

All said One of the main reasons I am eagerly waiting for anniyan is not for the actual movie, But I expect Shakar to anounce his next projext soon, and want to know If ARR is gonna be part of it!

Jacky
15th June 2005, 07:22 PM
[tscii:c16976f610]Thanks dude. I said that cuz sify and other websites said CM will make 50 crores.

Coming back to Anniyan, I think it will definitely break-even in TN. Shankar's Brand equity can still garner a return of 12 crores. I'm not so sure about other places.
And I don't think Shankar will announce his next project anytime soon. If Anniyan flops – he might make a pakka masala flick with Vj or would venture into a bilingual like Yuva (ARR assured) to keep his huge salary intact. These are just my guesses.
[/tscii:c16976f610]

Cinefan
16th June 2005, 04:47 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=13873632&ctid=5&cid=2429

Review of Anniyan.Verdict:Must see

MumbaiRamki
16th June 2005, 07:12 PM
Honestly ,
Ths story is much on the expected lines - Howeever ,the treatment is what will make this into a block buster film !

MumbaiRamki
16th June 2005, 07:55 PM
To be honest ,the story is similar to spiderman's :) .....so we can expect a major treat from shankar

vijayr
16th June 2005, 08:12 PM
No, like someone mentioned here earlier the story is mainly lifted from "Daredevil" starring Ben Affleck. Ben is a lawyer during the day and at night he turns into a vigilante
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287978/

Shankar has just mixed in the Remo character to make it a little different. This is probably the first time(?!!) that a direct Hollywood inspiration can be attributed to Shankar

TISK
16th June 2005, 08:27 PM
It is amusing to see people comparing to different Hollywood movie titles, when the review clearly spells it is a clean lift from The MASK!!!!!
nalla comedy-ppaa!

:-)

app_engine
16th June 2005, 09:07 PM
pagalil professor, rAthiriyil robin hood'nu oru Rajini padam kooda vandhadhA gnyAbagam:-) However, there was no `multiple personality' business there...but a deliberate `righting the wrong' thing...

Hmmm, masAlAkkaL pala vidham...

The review says songs shine on the screen...probably customized to Shankar's likings...probably he had a say even in minute details, like which loop to be used at this place etc:-)...so the credits (and debits) will have to go to Shankar and not HJ...

vijayr
16th June 2005, 09:17 PM
TISK, idhula comedu oNNUm illa. The reviewer has obviously not seen Daredevil. Its his own opinion that it has been lifted from Mask. Whereas someone who has actually worked on post-production work of Anniyan had mentioned that it is lifted from Daredevil. I have seen Daredevil and the story is closer to Anniyan. Shankar might have just used a little of the special effects from Mask, thats all.

MumbaiRamki
16th June 2005, 09:33 PM
Lawyer turning to a social Hero is not some thing new - It has been handled in one sathyaraj Movie ( kanam ,coutaar avargaalae) ....Of course he does not have two different get-ups ...The screenplay is linear in that case and is straight ..If u twist it slightly ,u may get a dare devil :)

So ,we need to be careful when we say it is a clean lift or so - U can get a story easily by twisting the existing story or a real life incident or inspiration from other movies - Nothing wrong with it .The actual talent comes in screenplay and execution which i feel shankar wld be a master in that -That is where the talent is !

bramma
17th June 2005, 03:51 AM
I think this film is a direct lift of a Hindi film 'Damini'.. where Raj Babbar will fight against the evil forces. Even some scenes are stolen from that movie. I feel some Background scores of Damini were also copied by HJ. So, Anniyan is nothing but a rehash of 'Damini'. Old wine in new bottle. May be there are some graphics here and there. The point I am trying to say is..... HJ is not a genuine music director like ARR.

MumbaiRamki
17th June 2005, 04:44 AM
I think this film is a direct lift of a Hindi film 'Damini'.. where Raj Babbar will fight against the evil forces. Even some scenes are stolen from that movie. I feel some Background scores of Damini were also copied by HJ. So, Anniyan is nothing but a rehash of 'Damini'. Old wine in new bottle. May be there are some graphics here and there. The point I am trying to say is..... HJ is not a genuine music director like ARR.

Bramma
Damini ,if iam right was made as priyanka in tamizh...

Both are similar ????Writing a screenplay and executing it is not a joke - plz respect shankar's efforts !

MumbaiRamki
17th June 2005, 04:48 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/7066.html

victory No.2

A.ANAND
17th June 2005, 06:00 AM
kaasu kodutta indiaglitz,sify ellam nalla review pannuvannga!!!!!

Movies
17th June 2005, 07:14 AM
YIPEEEEEEEEEE ANNIYAN IS OUT! I cant wait to see the movie!
I hope its as good as sify says it is.....

Indiaglitz review i cant rely onit , it praises every movie and albums to the summit!

The review that i always think is the best is tamilcinema.com

But anyway, the euphoria in town prior to relase of anniyan is only second to a Rajni MOvie. All shankars movie have sooo much expectation, Even BOYZ had the same feel when it was abt to be released!

Vysar
17th June 2005, 07:39 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?cid=2429

NagaS
17th June 2005, 09:50 AM
I am very disappointed to read this review ... why people like shankar need to rehash their old movies and foreign movies ? Can't they invest some time in finding a new story ?

NagaS

njv
17th June 2005, 05:28 PM
Reivew:

Indiagitz: Breathtaking
Sify: Must See

vijayr
17th June 2005, 07:14 PM
NagaS, Shankar tried something different in Boys and didnt click. So he is back to his one man fighting for justice kind of story. I agree with some others that the overall execution and presentation matters. This is not just a rehash, Shankar has probably made quite a few changes. When every other film of Kamal is a rehash of some English or Hindi film, Shankar has done this for the first time in 12 years. And considering his budget, he can be excused for he has to play it safe.

TISK
17th June 2005, 09:25 PM
I concur with 'Nagas'.
An actor is thriving on exposure and there is some justification in him/her wanting to rehash a popular movie to suit his style.
But, a director, who is supposed to be a 'creator', copying a different language movie cries for his lack of original creativity.
Even in the case of CM, it was Rajni who wanted Vasu to make Aapthamithra to suit his style, so, Vasu cannot be blamed there.
Vijay wanted 'Gilli' and Kamal almost every movie he has nmade recently and so on.
But a reputed director is not expected to do such.
However, as long as he makes a decent movie out of it for the Tamils, then we can certainly excuse him and not make a big deal out of it.
kuRRam kuRRamE!

vijayr
17th June 2005, 10:19 PM
It might be a "kutRam" but it is less in magnitude when compared to scene-by-scene remakes like Gilli, MagaLir mattum, Julie Ganapathy and these are reputed directors too - Balu Mahendra, Kamal etc. When Kamal does it in Anbe Sivam or Vasool Raja, people say it is "adaptation". Then why use "copy" for Shankar? He has made several changes to the original storyline to adapt to the Tamil audience. Plus not everyone gets to play around with 30 crores, especially after their earlier movie didnt do all that well.

"But a reputed director is not expected to do such. '

Even Mani Rathnam's AE is said to have been inspired by Amoros Perros. Of course, Nayakan's inspiration is well known.

app_engine
17th June 2005, 10:42 PM
MR's dhaLapathi inspired by karNan:-)

MumbaiRamki
17th June 2005, 11:34 PM
Anbe Sivam is a remake ?
I have seen planes ,trains ,auto mobiles thrice - No way ,this is a exact scene by scene remake !

The only similarity is that there are two guys who miss their planes and go thru bus ,trains etc ..Yes,i agree with that -Kamal cld have avoided that !

In Anbe Shivam the focus is very much different .One character serves as a counterpoint to other .Both are in love with the same girl ,one in the past ,other in present .Kamal belives in simplicity ,tradition while madhavan is an exact opposite .Kamal's life is told in flash backs ,his charcterization is very clear -WHat he belives in and what is his current state of mind .There is a strong sense of consistency here !

Anbe Sivam is purely a transition of a guy ( madhvan) from Narrow mindedness to broad mindedness when he comes in contact with his counter point !- PTA does'nt have none of these ,except the climax and a few scenes before that .

Anbe Sivam has villains in the form of Nasser and they maintain their consistency till the end .The humour mostly is not slap stick ( except some madhavan scenes ) ,its intelligent .In PTA it is 100% slapstick .

Anbe sivam is way way superior to PTA movie ! PTA is just a humor movie -thats it .

Nayakan is inspired from Godfather ? .It is well known that this th real life story of Varada Raja Mudliar who was very famous in 1960s in Mumbai ..Can i say that Godfather was inspired from Varada raja mudialiar ?

If you apply the same logic to music ,all music directors including my fav illayraaja will go to dust -It is impossible to produce a movie or music with no inspiration now - It appears to be original ,because we don't know where the source is from !the inspiration cld be a real life incident ,some other movie ,drama ,plays ,novel,news paper article - ANything . It is the treatment that the director gives to an idea which makes him great and not just the idea !

TISK ,
I vastly disagree with the statement .ANybody can come up with an idea , a story .It may be inspired or remake or even a copy .But to write a screenplay with characterisations ,with consistency ,drama ,visuals ,drama is what makes the task difficult and not the idea !

-----
To Constructively appreciate is very difficult - to destruct is too easy .Just say he is a fool , a copy cat , an idiot - Thats it .This is the only reason why we have very few good music reviewers or movie reviewers !( Exceptions are madhan ,Subbudu etc )

MumbaiRamki
17th June 2005, 11:36 PM
I don't think any body credits kamal for vasool raja !

app_engine
18th June 2005, 02:17 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/06/17/stories/2005061702260100.htm

Nice interview by Vikram...

prashanth12
18th June 2005, 02:51 AM
So..about Anniyan songs.

Kannum Kannum Nokia and Kadhal Yanai are disappointing and warrant one listen. I don't know why KKN is on #1 on raaga.

Iyengaaru Veetu Azhage is the best song, with Oh..Sukumari in second. In the first, Hariharans simple - but - deep voice drags you into it and won't let you go. The second song with Shankar Madhavan is great as well, especially since his voice seems custom fitting for this song, and his expression is great. Harini is in both tracks, in Iyengaaru she sounds a bit low toned but expressive, and in the second her voice shines during the interlude.

The other ones are mildly interesting and don't warrant any real discussion.

TISK
18th June 2005, 06:37 AM
"O Sukumaai" led me to that old memorable song by TMS&SEERKAZHI in one of the MGR movies . MD MSV.
SONG: kaasikku pogum sanyaasi

Vysar
18th June 2005, 08:22 AM
Me. Myself and Irene is the movie Jim Carrey acts as a person who has split personality. But that one is a comedy and Anniyan is a serious action. So as usual Shankar lifts from the west

Movies
18th June 2005, 08:45 AM
How many of you people criticising Anniyan that is copied has actually seen the movie?

i bet maybe one of you !

m_23_bayarea
18th June 2005, 10:17 AM
I saw the movie today. It's just mind-blowing. Tamil cinema should be proud of Shankar, Vikram and HJ. I don't know what to say abt ppl who say negative things abt the movie..........

dinesh2002
18th June 2005, 02:09 PM
Movie review - Aparichitudu

Music: Music by Harris Jayaraj is adequate. The songs in first half do not score well with audience as the narration and situations are not good enough. However fast songs - Remo and Neeku Naku Nokia - are good. The last song of the film (Randaka Randaka) is excellent. The director painted bridge, roads, hillocks and vehicles with flowery designs.

Analysis: First half of the film is bit boring. Second half is better. Last 30 minutes of the film is good. This film needs a serious trimming, as it's excessively lengthy (beyond 3 hours). The concept of Multiple Personaly Syndrome is well explained by comparing it to how drunkards behave. Shankar who excelled himself in all the films he has done so far could not mix the elements of social gaffes, mythological connection (Garuda Puranam & Aparichitudu), cops' trail, psychological angle (MPD) and love track in an appropriate way. This film also scores less on entertainment (especially comedy) aspect. If you compare Aparichitudu with the films done by Shankar in the past, you would get disappointed. If you keep that expectation aside, it is not a bad film. You may watch it.

http://idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-aparichitudu.html

A.ANAND
18th June 2005, 03:23 PM
anniyan just ok,not mind blowing movie like indian,muthalvan,gentelmen.eerkanave pala murai parthu salichipona kathaithan.oru latest hollywood padathayum vidalai shankar.sarakku thithupochi pola!!!shankar better next time.

hehehewalrus
19th June 2005, 02:41 AM
WOW! ANNIYAN songs are super! Its roaring from the windows of all Indian apartments. :poke:

I am having a party this weekend with hot hot biriyani, lots of cool drinks, lots of icecreams, cakes and of course Anniyan music. Join the party, guys!!! :D

Movies
19th June 2005, 03:16 AM
So far the movie is an obvious hit at the A centres,

C centre most people dont get the story... surprise surprise.......

Only if Aniyan stands up in all three centres is it going to make its money, otherwise oscar Ravi might just loose some money!

I think the movie is pretty good. As the telegu review states, Shankar hasnt fine tuned this movie to perfection. The climax is definetly mind blowing! Unlike other shankar movies i wudnt watch Anniyan a second time at the theaters. Reason being it lacks comedy, and the songs arent good!

Movies
19th June 2005, 07:02 AM
Ok guys, Sifys news on Annyan cant be trusted anymore, cause shankar is gonna be with sify chat this week!

Yipeee!

Movies
19th June 2005, 09:43 AM
Guys check out rediff review..
It says Rahmans music is missing in Anniyan!

YESS! This is what we all wanted .... we means arr fans!

njv
19th June 2005, 10:45 AM
I saw the movie. I have a great respect to ARR, but there is not even a single place where this movie lacked ARR. Be it songs or BGM. This is the best BGM Shankar had in all his movies. Not like ARR cant do this or that, but forget about reviews and see the movie and you will enjoy.

I you still think that ARR could have done better BGM, may be, but thats not hte point. HJ has done a wonderful job.

I too have to admit that HJ used "Vandematharam" tune from ARR , just because it is the defacto tune when it comes to patriotism and HJ doesnt want to even think tiwce. So ARR fans can be happy too.

BTW the movie is really good technically speaking, and vikram and Vivek both did fairly neat job. Shankar didnt give anything new in this. This is a combination of Indian and Chandramukhi. For those who didnt watch, watch the movie and dont just go through the review and waste your time.

My personal opinion, it will do good in A center and okay in B center, but wont run in C center. You can expect this to run around 50 days.

dinesh2002
19th June 2005, 10:57 AM
[tscii:9917796658]yo guys...notice how sify didint praise the song,but only praised the visuals :

When you first heard the songs of Harris Jayaraj, it left you cold, but on screen all the five songs are visual treats. The first song “Kumaari…Kumaari…” shot in the tulip fields of Amsterdam is breath taking. The Iyengaru Veetu Azhage…is simply stunning and hats off to art director Sabu Cyril and cameraman Manikandan for recreating the Thyagaraja Thiruvizha along with veteran musicians like Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan and Sudha Raghunath.

The third song “Kathal Yanai…” shot on a ramp choreographed by Ahmed Khan is stylish. The peppy number “Kannum Kannum Nokia…” is brilliantly captured at KL airport under Raju Sundaram and the surprise packet is “Andangkakka…”, a visual stunner.

Rediff review on audio section :

Another thing that keeps the viewer engrossed is good music. Thus far, A R Rahman has shouldered that responsibility in all of Shankar's films. In Anniyan, the director teams up with Harris Jayaraj for the first time. Jayaraj doesn't disappoint, but while ARR wafted and lingered, Jayaraj explodes and fizzles away.

Kumaari and Iyengar veetu azhage try to seep into your head and Randakka tempts you to tap your feet. But only momentarily. You can click refresh and ctrl+alt+del your memory all you want, but you won't recollect them once the songs are over.

http://us.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/18anniyan.htm

NJV...ur answer is above...not from me...but from a neutral reviewer![/tscii:9917796658]

united07
19th June 2005, 11:35 AM
CM = Split Personality = 50 Crore in 50 days
Anniyan = Multiple Personality = 75 Crose in 50 days!...

logic correct-ta ba?...

(dun think too much...logic doesn't apply in tamil filmdom ok!)

united07
19th June 2005, 01:57 PM
did u guys noticed that the picture used for it's promo and the main picture in the website http://www.anniyan.com/
actually been doctored!!!

only the face is Vikrams, while the body is not, why...simply look at the shoulder muscle, six packs and the chest muscle...and the angle of the face is in a straining angel....but it can be placed such way..but the torso is deft not Vikrams...another Shankar's graphic excellence!>...

njv
19th June 2005, 07:09 PM
dinesh2002

When it comes to songs, compared to previous Shankar movie (with ARR), these songs are nothing. I agree. When it comes to BGM, HJ did a good job and one must appreciate that. Again for such a movie, even ARR would have done a lot better BGM than his previous Shankar movies.

As for as 75 crores goes... no. Look at the logic

Chandamukhi + Indian = Anniyan

Rajni + Kamal = Vikram

If the equation seems possible, then yes, they will make 75 crore. Its not possible (though in dialogue they say "I have seen acting by Mgr, Sivaji, Rajni, Kamal, but nothing like this").

If they make even 50 crore, I am happy, because Oscar Ravi took one of the greatest risk and one must support his effort.

njv
19th June 2005, 07:09 PM
dinesh2002

When it comes to songs, compared to previous Shankar movie (with ARR), these songs are nothing. I agree. When it comes to BGM, HJ did a good job and one must appreciate that. Again for such a movie, even ARR would have done a lot better BGM than his previous Shankar movies.

prashanth12
19th June 2005, 08:01 PM
Kumari and Iyengaaru Veetu are really good songs which I will be listening to for a long time. But the rest are nothing if you take ARR into consideration. But those two songs seems to warrant enough for me.

Movies
19th June 2005, 08:28 PM
NJV,

I saw the movie,

And the BGM was just ok, it fitted the situations but nothing great!

The movie is technically brilliant. If shankar did this movie with his usual time frame, ie with 6 more months, it would have been flawless!

Climax is the main attraction of the movie. If it wasnt for such a gripping climax the movie wud be in serious trouble!

Movies
19th June 2005, 08:41 PM
Guys Cinesouth is out with their review,

It says " Old Vadai cooked in new oil"!!!!!!!

Well, It doesnt say anything about the BGM! only says the songs are good, the ones in second half!

And in the plus munis section, the music isnt in the plus section! Shows that HJ makes no difference to this movie. While ARR always made a difference to Shankars movie!

TISK
19th June 2005, 10:32 PM
'irukkaradhai vittu, paRakkaradhukku aasaip patta kadhai thaan gnaabakaththukku varudhu'!!

HJ has given the music and the movie is out and the verdict is that the songs come alive in the movie.

What more you want? En...joooooy!

BTW, although the equation between sp and mp makes sense, when you apply the other notable equation, 'Rajni-Vikram', it becomes 75-40=30 crores which will just break even for Oscar and the distributors and they wont curse each other!!

jhooot!

TISK
19th June 2005, 10:33 PM
'irukkaradhai vittu, paRakkaradhukku aasaip patta kadhai thaan gnaabakaththukku varudhu'!!

HJ has given the music and the movie is out and the verdict is that the songs come alive in the movie.

BTW, although the equation between sp and mp makes sense, when you apply the other notable equation, 'Rajni-Vikram', it becomes 75-40=30 crores which will just break even for Oscar and the distributors and they wont curse each other!!

jhooot!

TISK
19th June 2005, 10:34 PM

jhooot!

TISK
19th June 2005, 10:34 PM

jhooot!

coucou
20th June 2005, 12:28 AM
bgm end song are good according thatsramil.com
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/cinema-review/anniyan.html

coucou
20th June 2005, 12:28 AM
bgm end song are good according
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/cinema-review/anniyan.html

Movies
20th June 2005, 04:02 AM
According to Tamilcinema.com.... the movie is a mixed bag!

Without the C centre no movie can make 30 crores.

I think with Anniyan is gonna struggle to make 30 crores!

It feels so good to hear that rahman is being missed !

Always Rahman and Shankar have matched each others work! Its always a perfect T.

hehehewalrus
20th June 2005, 07:43 AM
Anniyan is a MEGA HIT :clap: :clap:

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IET20050619125242&Page=T&Title=Southern+News+%2D+Tamil+Nadu&Topic=0&

Note: Some DFers have been interviewed by Indian Express :D

Movies
20th June 2005, 07:59 AM
And as expected Anniyan makes a grand opening..

But the question remais will it make the 25 crores it took to be produced?..

That all depends on if the movie is a universal hit just like Chandramukhi was....

NormalMan
20th June 2005, 09:16 AM
Saw the movie yesterday. Somewhat a dud movie .... amalgamation of Gentleman and Indian. They have added the Garuda Puraanam thing for uniqueness. Vivek for a change for good in the movie (maybe one of the highlights of the movie). Songs total dud. I could see people walking out for a smoke or pass.

The 25 crores thingy is BS and crap. If you look at the movie, you will have to wonder, where the hell these giys spent such ginormous amount of money. IDBI/ICICI is taken for a ride.

app_engine
21st June 2005, 01:15 AM
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jun192005/movies1752142005618.asp
...says music is good

app_engine
21st June 2005, 09:57 PM
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=13877895

gives some big numbers for this movie in 3 days...Is it really true?

For e.g., in one theater it says it got 14 lacs from 3 days...assuming average 4 shows a day even with 1000 seats, the average ticket cost should be > Rs 100...Is movie going so expensive in Chennai nowadays?

m_23_bayarea
21st June 2005, 11:35 PM
ANNIYAN is a super dooper hit. Looks like CM and Anniyan will be the biggest hits of the year...... :thumbsup:

TISK
21st June 2005, 11:54 PM
There is no doubt 'anniyan' will get a first round collections but the big question is --Is there enough in that movie for the repeat audience and family audience. Otherwise, by second week, we may see a different trend.
Let's see.
And, the initial costs are also so high for this movie and so, the first 30-35 crores means only just 'break-even' unlike CM which had cost only in single digit crores [0-9] in the making and hence, the profit margin is staggering!

I don't think 'anniyan' will come any way nearer.

I like Vikram and Shankar too[part of my name!], so, dont brand me as a hate-fan! I am just expressing my thoughts.

rajasaranam
22nd June 2005, 12:39 AM
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=13877895

gives some big numbers for this movie in 3 days...Is it really true?

For e.g., in one theater it says it got 14 lacs from 3 days...assuming average 4 shows a day even with 1000 seats, the average ticket cost should be > Rs 100...Is movie going so expensive in Chennai nowadays?

Yes it is app_engine :(
The first week tickets are sold at Rs.150 for fan clubs and others social groups such as clubs/schools etc., and the counter tickets are Rs.90 and Rs.80 [ only two range] in Albert, Sathyam like theatres. while in mofussil like in Chrompet vetri the Ticket cost is Rs.60 and Rs.40. Hmmm.... all this started with 'Aalavandhan' when kamal went and spoke with JJ to allow the theatre owners to fix the ticket rate as they like for the first few weeks to meet the enormous cost/expenses for making the movies.
Who asked them to spend so much.
Take for anniyan- the cost of 28 crores. director shankar gets 5 crores and vikram gets 3 crores. they have spent 20 crores on other useless things i believe [ like taking HJ to phuket islands to score music. apdi enna kizhichitaaru anga poi karpanai ooththuchakkum :lol:]
Ivan vettithanamaa kozhupeduthu selavu senjaa athaa namma kaasu kuduthu parkanuma enna??
As for me i try keeping away from theatres for the first few weeks except its a Rajni, kamal or IR movie :wink:

app_engine
22nd June 2005, 12:54 AM
rs, enna paNNaradhu, ungaLa mAdhiri logic ellOrukkum ellai allavA?:-)

rajasaranam
22nd June 2005, 01:14 AM
enna kindalaaaaaa :twisted:

Movies
22nd June 2005, 07:12 AM
TISK,
I completely agree with you.

Sify is over exagerating! Infact its hyper inflation!

Prolly They doing cause shankar was on sify chat!

Oh and Shankar answered two of my questions. And the answer to one of those questions is the title of the chatlink! Cool eh!!!!!

Anyway going to ur point. Exactly , No way anniyan could beat CM. First reason the budjet. Second reason being, the movie doesnt seem to have impressed the C audience at all. And It doesnt have Repeat value. I def wont see the movie a second time at the theaters! Its too long, and isnt as gripping as his other longer movies like Indian!

njv
22nd June 2005, 07:39 AM
Anniyan creating history in NJ also. Today I want to the show and its pretty much full. This is second day of the week and people dont go to movies on week=days, but still the house is full (I could sit only in the 6th row from first!). CM also had the same rush.I read in some site today that it already made 35 crore for the producer!. So he has nothing to loose!

ykrrajan
22nd June 2005, 08:35 AM
Any film which has been eagerly expected will get a good opening. Inorder to sustain the collection 'C' Centre audience is required.Otherwise the movie is an also ran.
Saw the movie.Was OK.But I will not have the patience sitting for three hours again. Also MSP(Multiple Split Personality)is not at all understood by the majority. Read the reviews from the below URL

TAMILCINEMA
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2005/anniyan.asp

WEBULAGAM
http://www.webulagam.com/cinema/review/0506/18/1050618011_1.htm

No matter how much u spend as long as the Screenplay is not gripping the repetitive value of the film is gone.In Anniyan many of the questions(read the reviews) has not been answered properly.The result is a film with excellent production values without a good screenpaly which shankar (was) good(Gentleman,Indin,Mudhalvan) at if not excellent.

The expectation of the public for the stature of Shankar is very high. Inorder to satisfy that a director needs to address it with a gripping novel storyline(not a rehashed one). The picture will be a hit but never in the league of CM which is simple family entertainer without breathtaking visuals.

The moral is that the public needs a good cinema.
They will see again and again if they find it simple and good. Also if it is a magnum opus they will flock to see it.But the content of the picture must be simple(understandable) and not a complex one.It is the duty of the director to make the complex logic easily understandable by the public.In this part, ANNIYAN has failed miserably.

dinesh2002
22nd June 2005, 04:34 PM
yo guys.....im yet to watch the movie....but here is my fren's review....

according to him the movie by far is shankar worse....read on...

A Gentleman, an Indian and a Ramana all mixed together, added with liberal doses of violence and cruelty, interspersed with the generous exploitation of the naval architecture of Sadha, a titillating dance number by Yana Gupta, an almost boring theory of split personality, a leaf out of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, copying the anagram effect from Da Vinci Code, 'replicating' the Matrix Reloaded fight sequence graphics and a monumental waste of public money (IDBI has funded over Rs.12 Crores)- all of this culminating to one Anniyan, which I would love to see have a mega failure. Not just because I hate such movies but because I strongly feel that such movie producers should have a re-think that just visual richness at a phenomenal cost without any good theme and with gruesome scenes cannot succeed. None of the songs was good and were nothing but pollution to the ear. Vikram has done okay - but he always seems to be 'working' so hard at his acting. Vikram's acting potential has been exploited nicely in the one scene where he is 'tortured'. Prakash Raj and Nedumudi Venu have done their jobs fairly well. Vivek's comedy is stale as yesterday's sambar. Sadha was a total dissapointment.

It's original only if you haven't read a novel or watched an English serial in the last 20 years. The basic story line is a bit of Indian - I guess somehow the director realizes that was his best movie and pretty much has no other real ideas. Once again the graphics etc are on for show-off and the stunts are terribly bad - only serving to distract from the movie rather than add any value to it. Forget the absolute loss of logic regarding scene staging as the movie proceeds, the incredible lack of tempo in the first half, the bloated and expensive, but unimaginative pictured songs... and do we need another protagonist who goes after society because of a personal disaster. In the end, Shankar's pretending to provide social commentary without providing any genuine or realistic solutions or even intelligent analysis is insulting. Someone ask him to watch Mudhalvan, Gentleman or Indian again. Take a hint from the director he used to be! It's extremely sad to see one of india's finest director's make a bad film such as this and destroying his good reputation. Boys was miles better then this and at least it didin't pretend like this turkey which as arrived to early before thanksgiving!

Very very disappointing.

By Kumar

Arjuna
22nd June 2005, 06:58 PM
Anniyan's story is similar to the Marmadesam vidathu karupu!! Nothing else!! Shankar now knows y he shuld go to ARR and not to these B grade music directors..In BOYS - the music was the only saving grace for him!!

jeyabalamurugan
22nd June 2005, 08:00 PM
[tscii:bfc98ab4fd]Anniyan!!! with all the hype created… evry1 tend to see that movie at least once. Given the number of theaters the movie released it may set box office records for the first week, but in a long run it won't sustain its initial grace.

Clearly this is not Shankar's d best work… Script has hell lot of flaws which is very rare for a Shankar movie… and the screenplay gives u a kind of Deja vu… I would say Vasu was better in explaining the Split personality in Chandramukhi when Compared to this Ace Director.

Vikram proved his potential again. But I doubt, if this national award winning actor used this opportunity in full. My favorite Multiple personalities are Edward Norton(Primal Fear), Ajay Devgan(Dewwangee) and Gollum (Lord of the rings). Vikram is not Kamal though.

ARR is evidently missing…. Harris Jayaraj is a big let down… Songs were not that impressive… Manikandan saved the day for Shankar by balancing the songs with stunning visuals. But I would say Azhagaana Ratchasiye was way ahead of Kumaari and Ale Ale (lavender gardens in Italy) of Boys clearly wins Ayyangaaru Veetu….

Taking our movies to International standard doesn't mean that we have to copy Hollywood movies.

I could see my all time favorite Director Shankar losing his touch while the likes of Selvaraghavan/Goutham have a solid grip over the megaphone.
[/tscii:bfc98ab4fd]

Movies
22nd June 2005, 09:03 PM
Yes guys,

The movie has not got repeat value.

Its worth watchin once, infact must see once in a good theater like sathyam! Like I said earlier, Many flaws in this movie.
Shankar started this movie in a vengance! He rushed throught the process. His movies are made to perfection. You could enjoy the finest details with amazement! But Anniyan flaws in lots of areas.

Take my word, shankar has not lost his touch, if he does things at his pace he can still make a masterpiece.

For me Mudhalvan was his best movie!

njv
22nd June 2005, 10:51 PM
Anniyan's story is similar to the Marmadesam vidathu karupu!! Nothing else!! Shankar now knows y he shuld go to ARR and not to these B grade music directors..In BOYS - the music was the only saving grace for him!!
I dont know where you guys find fault with the music. Infact the music is good when watching with the movie (which is waht it is supposed to be).

This is the same talk people had when IR was at his peak and giving continous hit. People (ofcourse IR fans) started discussing that with out IR no one can give a hit, and that slowly reached the movie circle and started exploding. The peak of this explosion was Thalapathi where the success of the movie was debated due to IR / Rajni / Mani. The end result - Rajni and IR decided to seperate and not do films together.

If a movie is hit, it means the entire team wins. Not just MD or actor or director or any one in particular. ITs a team work. Depends on the nature of the movie, certain people has to shine to make the movie success (for e.g. you can not have Dhina score music for Shanaraparanam and make it a hit, even if Rajni act in this). This is not healthy. Certain people moved away from ARR because he is very expensive. Some other people moved away because the music over-power the movie. End result? We didnt have anything from ARR in last 2 years. I am a hare-core IR fan, but if I have to choose some alternate MD (since IR is fading away, a hard and heart felt reality) then I dont have anyone. ARR ofcourse comes on the top, but he has to give some movie atleast once a year, so people like me end up listening to HJ and VS.

Also Anniyan story and screenplay is a failure, so even ARR could not have saved the movie. Only thing ARR would have done is to give more money thru' music.

And last,,, Shankar wont make another hit using the same message. He either need another mesage or need to take something different (may be a slapstick comedy or a horror or thriller movie). This aint' gonna work

Nayagan
22nd June 2005, 11:04 PM
Anniyan is one movie that is worth your money.

Be it the story, technical aspects, music, acting(except for the irritating REMO character with his stupid accent) comedy(vivek cashes big time) it has all come together to give good entertainment.

The same cannot be said for CM. I did not find the movie sensible from start to end. Can't imagine rajni as a psychologist because he doesn't behave like one. prabhu is perfect sidekick for rajni as he as vowed not to act. Except for jyothika and the camerawork no other aspect was upto agreeable standards. Atleast for me, it was a waste of money.

m_23_bayarea
22nd June 2005, 11:27 PM
Both CM and ANNIYAN were awesome movies. Ppl who don't like the lead actors or MDs or directors will always tend to find fault with the movies and degrade them. But with an unbiased view, you've got to admit that they both were basically good movies and are commercially very very successful. That's what matters after all !!!!!

Movies
23rd June 2005, 01:22 AM
NJV,

Point agreed!

I am a hardcore ARR fan. I always beleive ARR is never the one reason for a movies success or failure, except ONE OR TWO MOVIES. No Music Director can guarantee a movies success. For me the a movies success is always a directors credit!

Music can give hype, expectancy, good opening and help bring in repeat audience and can make a difference to the final outcome. For example a movie like indian had lot more to it than music. Music was great so was everyother aspect of the film. With or without ARR indian is an awesome film. Sometimes Music can be the main attraction like Kadhalar Dhinam. If the music was not brilliant that movie wud never have been that huge a hit!

In Anniyans case , I think music didnt help lift the movie up a notch. Shankar has done his job well but not to perfection, which i dont blame him, cause i feel he rushed into this movie. And vikram was too good.

Take baradhwaj for instance, music in autograph was very average, infact not even as good as pandavar bhoomi. But the movie was the reason behing the movies success. And that idiot goes boasting its his music that was the reason.

This is what makes rahman stand out. Never has he claimed the reason for success.

Music is like the dress one wears. It makes one presentable. Some people enjoy the person, some people enjoy the outfit!

I think the webulagam.com review is the best one so far, it has stated the plus and minus reasonably !

Arjuna
23rd June 2005, 01:54 AM
Movies - that was a good one..

alias
23rd June 2005, 02:47 AM
I watched Anniyan last week and to tell you the truth the movie is a pretty good one... no matter how many sources,he has derived.it is still good. But the biggest mistake I think for shankar is the music. Whether it is bgm or the music, it is a big let down.... Big thumbs down to HJ and his mediocore music. It was bc of the picturisation of Shankar and brillant camera angles from Manikandan and Ravi varman that the songs are saved else complete flop... I think it will wise for Shankar to go back to ARR or find another better MD. IMO Joshua Sridhar would have been a good choice for ANniyan.

Movies
23rd June 2005, 06:48 AM
Alias,

Joshua Sridhar????? Maybe, but i think shankar should have gone with VS, If not with ARR.

I think VS has stuff. He has got mass minded compositions, and his melodies are way too good. Just because he isnt a YSR or KR the media hasnt hyped him. He has twice as many hit compositions as any other current MD except IR and ARR.
Poor guy he doesnt a flossy lifestyle and he minds his own biz, maybe thats why!

united07
23rd June 2005, 12:18 PM
ok..i haven't watched the movie yet...but just a question...
it is mentioned in every website that the character Remo is a model....
is it that he thinks he is a model...or he is actually seen doing cat walk and fashion show...and stuffs?

if yes...how can someone with MPD gets another job?.....u cant get a job with ur MPD rite?...

interz
23rd June 2005, 04:07 PM
why did he chose HJ?? the Boys songs were big hits, the biggest plusses in shankars movies were a r rahmans songs, they never dissapoint the fans.

u better pick a r rahman for ROBO shankar!!! HJ was a big mistake, but it was bigger mistake to spoil jassia gifts voice in randakka randakka

slperson1
23rd June 2005, 05:52 PM
ok..i haven't watched the movie yet...but just a question...
it is mentioned in every website that the character Remo is a model....
is it that he thinks he is a model...or he is actually seen doing cat walk and fashion show...and stuffs?

if yes...how can someone with MPD gets another job?.....u cant get a job with ur MPD rite?...

yes he is a model and catwalk everything.it just shows the cat walk for this characters intro (kadhal yanai) which is interesting seeing vikram in different getups during the song.anyways yeh f u have MPD u can have another job.becuz people arent aware that u have a disorder unless they see the person change from personality to personality.its like living a double life xcept u are unaware of the fact that you are until you are diagnosed.still even then you are unaware of your changes when they happen but u only become aware that they can happen.

Arjuna
23rd June 2005, 06:37 PM
just watched anniyan - my GOD - an awesome movie - VIKRAM is just awesome,jaw dropping..that too in the climax..I am 100% sure that this film is gonna get Vikram his second national award..stunning work by him..MUSIC is a big let down and I really wish ARR had done this superb movie..great work by shankar..

dinesh2002
23rd June 2005, 07:06 PM
guys...manage to watch the movie......just 1 reaction to the whole..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...didnt get this much laugh since a comedy movie from goundamani + sendhil.....the best comedy film of 2005....the bgm actually really made me laugh,esp the BGM for the vikram's sis....good 1 hj...:P..and the picturisation...wow!!

kumari = alle alle
iyengaaru = anbe anbe - jeans
randaka = usilampati + uppu karuvadu + azhagana ratchasiye

dun think im saying this coz im ARR fan,....i watched the movie as a neutral goer....many people in the teather actually laughed for the vikram's sis BGM!!...ahahahaha...that was realy good!...anywayz...overall....this is not SHANKAR's film.....im still waiting for his REAL TRADEMARK movie....untill then....Anniyan...is Anniyan from Shankar's previous films....from direction to acting,from sets to music....Anniyan..is bad!

Music4Ever
23rd June 2005, 09:32 PM
Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris? I too felt Anniyan music was not that good initially, but now I feel it is not at all bad, in fact good. Sukumari, KAdhal yAnai are very good numbers. KaNNum kaNNUm is also quite listenable (The bit Cool Honey Cool Honey is quite cool, and the cry Sophiaaa has that arabic slant and is good). Andankaakka has the HJ style stamped all over it and will be liked by the masses. The other carnatic number is also good, although standard.

Movies
23rd June 2005, 09:39 PM
To united,

Yes he thinks he is a model, he is shown modelling at park sheraton with yana. HOW? ASK SHANKAR!

I dont wanna point out specific flaws in the movie, cause it would ruin the interesting factors of the movie. But I always was amazed at shankars ability to maintain a high level og logic despite being a commercial and fantasy film. But in Anniyan Shankar has not at all thought of logic, Too many loose points, that prevents me from throughly enjoying the movie. And the movie looses complete reality with the second half stunts!

Probably Shankar this time relied purely on Vikrams capability. And Vikram hasnt let him down a wee bit! He is truly amazing as ambi and anniayn! and remo is good too, but I think vikram over acted with Remo, but this shudnt be a problem considering how well he has done ambi and anniayn!

Shankars movie had so many intricate details within each frams. Thats missing.

Overall, a good movie, but shankar didnt fine tune the movie. So many logical errors!

Movies
23rd June 2005, 09:47 PM
Dinesh true fellow, the BGM was bad , did u notice the bgm when hes fighting the karate guys! Hilarious.

Two pieces were good and one of them was the Vande Mataram piece!!!!!! But why wud HJ use that piece, maybe shankar wanted to use it? If u guys watched Ullam ketkumai, Theres a song recital practice , and the chorus practices singing "what are they waiting for" from Vande Mataram. Is HJ trying to say he likes arr or is he being a smarty pants and saying he made vande mataram??? HJ wasnt with arr for VM!

UnlimtedMeals
23rd June 2005, 09:48 PM
Infact Shankar has used so much LOGIC in Anniyan than other movies.

He shows a box CD of Using XML/JAVA to tell the viewers that Anniyan has learnt web programming by using that tutorial. This is shown when the police raid Ambi's house. You also see the hair spray and all that used by Remo.

Have people already told dinesh2002 that he is an immature piece of turd or is it me saying that for the first time? I remember this guy from one year back and time has not given him any brains/maturity. He still stinks with obscure insanity as ever.

pople laughing for Laali Laalo BGM. Oh my god.. what a pathetic statement and exaggeration.

UnlimtedMeals
23rd June 2005, 09:51 PM
Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris?

ARR Fans are not threatened by anyone because ARR has reached heights that are going to be unattainable for a long time by anybody unless someone is already born and ready to emerge tomorrow. Even today ARR's music(like Bose, SWades) sound a few years ahead of what these tamil MDs are churniung out.

HJ's compositions are good but mediocre in this movie.

Movie is great inspite of the lackluster music.

hehehewalrus
23rd June 2005, 10:06 PM
Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris?

Obviously. How do you explain the fact that 80% of the posts in this thread are by ARR fans? :lol:

sloshed
23rd June 2005, 10:32 PM
Unlimited

Do you still take dinesh seriously??? (kumari = ale ale (veriii nuetral indeed) ...what more do we need..?? i wish they had a filter for dinesh ..

Well I felt the picturisation for iyengar veetu ..started out great ...and tapered into pedestrian .. sort of T rajender style with big sets and stuff.. missed the buss there for want of fantasy ..

And also Kadhal yaanai .. didnt make an impact.. case of song sounding better in audio and not visuals... another classic case will be 'Fanaah '' from AE.. that song could have been a classic..

Other songs were well picturised.. andankakka just rocked the theatre.... would be impossible to find a soul who would move his eyes off the screen .. (unless u r the one trying to find this out) ...

As far as HJ goes.. his BGM/Music isnt bad.. its adequate.. but not something spectacular... the theme was used very effectively... and as Music4Ever pointed out the songs are not that bad.. as 'some' people here make out to be.. the songs still rock my car.. and quite a few others too ..
The movie had many flaws... (biggest among them is the stadium sequence) .. but hey who cares... it was 3 hours of entertainment.. worth the money... my guess is that it should do pretty well in the box office..

Music4Ever
23rd June 2005, 10:36 PM
"Even today ARR's music(like Bose, SWades) sound a few years ahead of what these tamil MDs are churniung out. "

Swades music is very good, but nothing Phenomenal (with a capital P). I haven't listened too much of Bose yet, so can't comment. I was talking about *some* ARR fans, those who like his commercial TFM albums, not his seemingly esoteric hindi stuff. They are the ones who, I guess, frequent this thread. ARR has not given a hit since New. It may be because he hasn't composed much, but the fact is HJ's songs are getting more and more popular, no matter what some of us may claim. His ChellamE songs were good (listen to the lovely kAdhalikkum Asai illai number) Arasakchi was good (listen to the delightful Mohalai Mohalai number), Ullam kEtkume has unexpectedly listenable songs (to wit, ennai pandhAda) and Anniyan has some good songs too. So I again ask the same question: Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris?

m_23_bayarea
23rd June 2005, 10:39 PM
This thread is full of biased ARR fans. Come on guys, I'm a big fan of ARR myself, but HJ is not inferior though. ANNIYAN had great songs and BGM. Why do you guys compare so much with other movies??? Every movie is different and dont be toooo critical. Just learn to appreciate others' work.... ANNIYAN is already in par with Chandramukhi collection-wise, and Vikram is sure in line for his next National award. For Dinesh to say that this is the best comedy movie is utter ______

UnlimtedMeals
24th June 2005, 12:48 AM
So I again ask the same question: Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris?

Again, the answer is NO. Also, the answer depends on who you consider ARR fans. I personally consider ARR in a diff league altogether. Listening to soem of his stuff in recent Hindi albums just proves he is re-inventing himsef constantly in every album.

Just because he has not give any albums since New does not mean he is getting worse and someone should feel threatened. If its the case where ARR albums have been along side HJ's and have been flops then I agree with the word "threaten".. But looking at the ground reality now.. NO!.. I am happily smiling looking at ARR's position as for me he is the King of TFM.

Movies
24th June 2005, 12:59 AM
Music 4 ever is threatened by ARR potentila to strike tfm soon enuf with A Aa....
:lol:

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:08 AM
"ARR has not given a hit since New"

What do u mean - that was his last tamil film and that was a hit - what else do u want?

"It may be because he hasn't composed much, but the fact is HJ's songs are getting more and more popular, no matter what some of us may claim. His ChellamE songs were good (listen to the lovely kAdhalikkum Asai illai number) Arasakchi was good (listen to the delightful Mohalai Mohalai number), Ullam kEtkume has unexpectedly listenable songs (to wit, ennai pandhAda) and Anniyan has some good songs too. So I again ask the same question: Is it the case that some ARR fans are threatened by the emergence of Harris?"

Now this questions ur music sense!!

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:10 AM
I frankly think HJ's last good song was Ye Chilipi from Gharshana - that was one year back and all the other crapy songs clearly show he is out of stock!!

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:11 AM
And that idiot HJ claims in AV - "Shankar says that he never had such good songs in his films!"

HJ - I guess shuld shut his mouth first and start composing rather than talking and using producers money to visit Phuket Islands!!

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:23 AM
This photo shows y ARR is in a different league!! Check out and stop talking bad abt GOD!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/thiruvasagam230605/44342.html

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:26 AM
Check out bharathwaj's face from this photo :))

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/thiruvasagam230605/44343.html

dinesh2002
24th June 2005, 10:44 AM
Have people already told dinesh2002 that he is an immature piece of turd or is it me saying that for the first time? I remember this guy from one year back and time has not given him any brains/maturity. He still stinks with obscure insanity as ever.

pople laughing for Laali Laalo BGM. Oh my god.. what a pathetic statement and exaggeration.

dear unlimited meals...( i think it must really suit u ),i can see that my points really hurt u coz it was truth,anywayz....ur statement actually cant stop me from telling those.... :lol: .... but what to do..many actually agreed with my statements & yea,the teather laughed out when the lali laloo bgm comes ...if u dun belive the facts,its just ur ignorant...and btw,u know me since last year??how come in only getting to know a 'unlimted meal' now only??anywayz...not worth also la rite...:P

and guys.....yes...wonder y Hj loves using the VM....he even used thai manne vanakkam in Kovil......

and man....did Hj really said that Shankar said that?i taut shankar told that is the best music from harris in harris jeyaraj music list!

dinesh2002
24th June 2005, 10:50 AM
Dinesh true fellow, the BGM was bad , did u notice the bgm when hes fighting the karate guys! Hilarious.

Two pieces were good and one of them was the Vande Mataram piece!!!!!! But why wud HJ use that piece, maybe shankar wanted to use it? If u guys watched Ullam ketkumai, Theres a song recital practice , and the chorus practices singing "what are they waiting for" from Vande Mataram. Is HJ trying to say he likes arr or is he being a smarty pants and saying he made vande mataram??? HJ wasnt with arr for VM!

dun worry man...hj wasnt with ARR when VM happened,if we see like that...then hj sure was with ARR when leo coffee happened,coz he used it in mudhal kanave - majunu!!:P

ykrrajan
24th June 2005, 12:10 PM
Just go through this.
The slide for Anniyan has started. Very hard to sustain the initial response.

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/23062005-5.shtml

united07
24th June 2005, 12:46 PM
It's great to see ARR easy going with all the other MD's....something that is missing in indian MD's....

to get my posting related to Anniyan......

WHERE WAS HJ IN THAT FUNCTION?!!!!!>..

united07
24th June 2005, 12:47 PM
almost everyone else was there

MSV, ARR, YSR, KR, BW, VS, Thina, SAR, etc...

Jacky
24th June 2005, 12:52 PM
[tscii:6ecb351126]Obviously the rajni camp is spreading FUD :) When CM was released…same things were said like lack of repeat audience cuz the movie doesn't have typical Rajni machos. A true picture of Anniyan's sustenance would emerge only by 3rd week.[/tscii:6ecb351126]

A.ANAND
24th June 2005, 01:34 PM
acually hj was busy in composing movie 'vettaiyadu vilaiyadu'in k.lumpur,CHAWKIT ROAD,IN MALAYSIA.thats the reason he absent to the funtion.

A.ANAND
24th June 2005, 02:21 PM
4 who dont know what is chawkit road in kl,please ask dinesh 4 info..hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa[dinesh jusy kiddinglah]

dinesh2002
24th June 2005, 02:39 PM
Anand,so ur working in Chow Kit road ah?

dinesh2002
24th June 2005, 02:43 PM
[tscii:a967cd3ae3]
Just go through this.
The slide for Anniyan has started. Very hard to sustain the initial response.

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/23062005-5.shtml

'Anniyan' or 'Chandramukhi' - which has grossed more?
It's a close race. So, who's leading is the question on the lips of the film vultures of Kodambakkam - 'Anniyan' or 'Chandramukhi'?
We also got into the fray. Words are no more necessary to talk about 'Chandramukhi's' earnings. Rajini's film is at the forefront after breaking all records. Theatre owners and distributors are looking for extra computers to add up the profits as they come pouring in!! Since we have talked about 'Chandramukhi' all of last week, we will now pay attention to 'Anniyan.'

Producer Ravichandran has himself released the film everywhere, so distributors do not come into the picture. This means, Ravichandran is the only person who will taste the success or failure of the film.

'Anniyan' has been a feast for Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam fans. The collection in the first week - believe it or not - is a 100% in all three regions! Yes, 'Anniyan' has gotten off to a flying start. If this situation continues for 25 days, the film will beat 'Chandramukhi.'

But…

The main news comes only now. The film has created a small dissatisfaction in A, B, and C centres. "The film is so much like 'Indian' and 'Mudalvan,'" say the viewers. So, the cinema watchers wonder if the crowds in these centres will still flock theatres after the first 10 days. As if in support of this, the crowds of the first 2 days are already missing.

The success of 'Chandramukhi' is because of the repeat audience, which is a minus point as far as 'Anniyan' is concerned.

So, there can be no doubt that 'Chandramukhi' is still leading the race.

Superstar is a super star!

http://cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/23062005-5.shtml[/tscii:a967cd3ae3]

dinesh2002
24th June 2005, 08:11 PM
was actually thinking...the bgm when vikram is in court crying asking them to put him in jail sounds very familar!!...also i too wonder y Hj used vande madharam bgm ,that also i think around 5 secs...y???

Movies
24th June 2005, 09:12 PM
Jacky,

No CM was never in doubt about repeat audience.It was the Kamla fans in this forum who went on record saying CM wont sustain.

And I also maintained from the very beginning in this topis that Anniyan will make a huge opening collection, but after that is all depended on its repeat value!

MumbaiRamki
24th June 2005, 09:40 PM
Ananda Vikatan gives 48/100 for anniyan !

app_engine
24th June 2005, 10:07 PM
"Harris Jayaraj's hum-worthy numbers are chart busters already. But the loudness in re-recording at some points is a hindrance."

says review by The Hindu...

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/06/24/stories/2005062400010200.htm

coucou
24th June 2005, 10:18 PM
only andakakka song is good, the bgm is not good

http://tamilcinema.com/cinenews/REVIEW/2005/anniyan.asp

rprakash
24th June 2005, 10:44 PM
[tscii:7efff9ddad]܉Gò¡

‘Þ¡¬øò Þ‰Fò£¾‚°ˆ «î¬õ Þ‰î ܉Gò¡ !’ â¡Aø£˜ Þò‚°ï˜ ûƒè˜.

݆ì‹, ð£†ì‹, ÜFó®, 裪ñ® âù èô˜ç¹™ èô¬õ‚° ï´«õ Ôè£v†L ªñ«úxÕ ªê£™½‹ ®H‚è™ ûƒè˜ H󣇆!

ÜŒòƒè£˜ i†´ Ü‹Hò£è M‚ó‹. õ‚WL¡ ªê™ôŠ ªðò«ó ‘Ï™v ó£ñ£Âü‹’. ê†ì F†ìƒ è¬÷ ñFˆ¶ ïì‚Aø Ü‹H‚°, àôèˆF¡ e¶ ܈î¬ù ¹¿‚è‹. ‘ã¡ Þƒ«è ò£¼«ñ å¿‚èñ£ Þ™«ô? ã¡ Þƒ«è â™ô£«ñ îŠð£ Þ¼‚°?’ âù «õî¬ù»ì¡ ܬôAø£˜. Þõ˜ ¹ˆF ªê£¡ ù£½‹ ò£¼‹ F¼‰¶õî£è Þ™¬ô. Þ¡ªù£¼ ð‚è‹ Ü‹H à¼A à¼A‚ è£îL‚Aø ê‹, ‘ފ𮠪춂ªè™ô£‹ Ï™v «ðC‡´ ܬôòøõ«ó£ì õ£›‚¬è ïìˆî º®ò£¶’ âù è£î¬ô Ôüv† ¬ô‚ î†Õ Gó£èK‚ Aø£˜.

â贈‹ Ï™v «ð²‹ ‘Ü‹H’‚° Ü´ˆî´ˆ¶ «ï¼‹ Üõñ£ùƒèÀ‹, Üõ˜ àœ÷‚ ªè£FŠ¹‹ ܈î¬ù ðKî£ð‹! è£î¬ô êî£Mì‹ ªê£™ô º®ò£ ñ™, å¼ ®óƒ‚ ªð†® G¬øò Ag†®ƒ 裘´è¬÷ ù â¿F ¬õˆ¶‚ªè£‡´, Ü‹H îMŠð¶ ðKî£ð«ñ£ ðKî£ð‹!

Mó‚FJ½‹ «õî¬ùJ½‹ Aì‚Aø Ü‹H‚°œO¼‰¶ ªõ®ˆ¶‚ A÷‹¹Aø£˜èœ «õÁ õ¬èò£ù Þ¼ ñQî˜èœ. è£ó í‹ | ‘ñ™®Hœ ð˜êù£ L†® ®ú£˜ì˜’ (Þ‰î ñù «ï£Œ ðŸP 㟪èù«õ ¹K‰¶ªè£œ÷ àîMò ‘°¬ì‚°œ ñ¬ö’, ‘ê‰Fó ºA’‚° ï¡P)! ÜGò£òƒ è¬÷ «õ†¬ìò£® ÜNˆ¶ åN‚°‹ ªè£¬ôªõP ܉Gò¡; êî£M¡ è£î¬ôŠ ªðø çŠg‚ ܾ† «ó£I«ò£ õ£è àô£õ¼‹ ü£L ªó«ñ£ ÝAò Þ¼õ¼‹ Ü‹H‚°œ °®«òPò Hø°, ݘŠð£†ì‹ Ýó‹ð‹!

Þ‰î à‡¬ñ \ ‘Ü‹H’ à†ðì | ♫ô£¼‚°‹ ªîKò õ¼‹«ð£¶ â¡ù ïì‚Aø¶ â¡ð¶ FA™ A¬÷ñ£‚v! ¹K‰¶ªè£œ÷ Þ¶ ꟫ø è®ùñ£ù ܾ† ¬ô¡î£¡. Ýù£™, vAg Q™ ܈î¬ù Hóñ£‡ì ñ£ù, «ï˜ˆFò£ù à¼õ£‚ èˆF™ ÜêˆFJ¼‚Aø£˜ ûƒè˜!

ñ‚èœ ðíˆ¬î‚ ªè£œ ¬÷ò®‚Aø, ñ£ªð¼‹ îõÁèœ ªêŒAø ªñè£ ºî¬ôè¬÷ M†´M†´, êó£êK «ó…C™ Þ¼‚Aø C¡ù„ C¡ù è¬÷è¬÷ ñ†´«ñ AœO âPõ¶, ܉GòQ¡ ÔªèˆÕ¶‚° «ôê£è Þ®‚Aø¶. ꣬ô«ò£ó‹ Ü®ð†´‚ Aì‰î å¼õ¬ó Ývðˆ FK‚° ܬöˆ¶„ ªê™ô ñÁˆî 裘è£ó¼‚° ñóí î‡ì¬ù î¼õªî™ô£‹ Ç ñ„! ÜŠð®ò£ù£™, Þ®ˆ¶ˆ îœOò Ýê£I, àîM‚° õó£ñ™ «õ®‚¬è 𣘈î Æì‹, 裘è¬÷ GÁˆî£ñ«ô «ð£ùõ˜èœ â¡Á â™ô£¬ó»‹ ‘è‡íA’ ªôõ½‚° ªè£ÀˆFJ¼‚è «õ‡ ì£ñ£?

Þ¼‰î£½‹, ܉î î‡ì ¬ùèœ åšªõ£¡Á‹ ðW˜ FW˜ è£I‚v óè‹! FºFºˆ¶ ï輋 ªñè£ â¼¬ñ‚ Æ숶‚°œ îœOM†´ óˆî‚ Ãö£‚ °õ¶... à싹 º¿‚è ñê£ô£ îìM ⇪팂 ªè£Šð¬ó‚°œ ¶‚A âPõ¶ (‘‘C‚è¡ C‚v†® ç¬ðš ñ£FK, c âù‚° ªê£‚è¡ C‚v†® ç¬ðš!ÕÕ) â¡Á èFèô‚è™! 裆CèO¡ «è£óˆ¬î «ïó® ò£è‚ 裆® ܼõ¼‚è„ ªêŒò£ñ™, ï‹ èŸð¬ù‚«è M†®¼Šð¶ ªð£ÁŠð£ù ä®ò£!

Ý‚û¡ 裆Cè«÷£ HóIŠ¹ õ¬è! °PŠð£è, è󣈫î vÃL™ ãªö†´ ìü¡ ݆è¬÷ ͘‚èñ£è M‚ó‹ Ü®ˆ¶ ªï£Á‚°‹ ê‡¬ì‚ è£†C... Ièˆ ¶E„êô£ù v쇆 ï®è˜èÀ‹ «èñó£‚èÀ‹, Aó£çH‚ú§‹ ެ퉶 ïìˆF J¼‚°‹ ñ£ò£ü£ô‹ \ ÜŠð®«ò Ô«ñ†K‚vÕ Ü„²! v쇆 ñ£vì˜ d†ì˜ ªýJ‚° êð£w!

 ªêŒAø ò£¬ó»‹ ñ¡QŠ¹‚«è ÞìI¡P‚ ªè£™½‹ ܉Gò¡, áö½‚°ˆ ¶¬í «ð£Aø êõ»‹ ªè£™ôˆ ¶®‚°‹«ð£¶... ðì‚ ð삪è¡Á Üõ‚°œO¼‰¶ ªó«ñ£ ªõOŠð†´, êõ‚ 裊 ð£Ÿø ºò™õ¶ MÁMÁ ¬ý‚Ã!

ÔÜ‹HÕJ¡ è‡E™ ð†ì  Ýê£IèÀ‚° ñ†´«ñ ñóí î‡ì¬ù î¼Aø£˜ ܉Gò¡. Þ â ‘܉Gò¡ 죆 裋’... ÜF™ ¹è£˜èœ õó«õŸ¹ â¡Á ã¡ H™ìŠ?

M¬øŠ¹‹ º¬øŠ¹ñ£è ﮊH™ I¡ÂAø£˜ «ð£hv ÜFè£Kò£è õ¼‹ Hóè£wó£x. Ýù£™, Üõ˜ âîŸè£è ñ£Á«õì‹ «ð£´Aø£˜... ÜF™ â¡ù ê£F‚Aø£˜? Ü‰î‚ è£†CèO™ ˆK™½‹ Þ™¬ô... 裪ñ®»‹ Þ™¬ô! M‚óI¡ Fø¬ñ‚°‹ à¬öŠ¹‚°‹ î¬ôõ£¬ö Þ¬ô «ð£†´ M¼‰¶ ðKñ£P Þ¼‚Aø£˜ ûƒè˜. ðìˆF¡ 嚪õ£¼ çH«óI½‹ HóIŠÌ†´‹ ﮊ¹. «ñùKú‹, 𣮠ô£ƒ«õx âù 嚪õ£¡P½‹ Ý„ê˜ò͆´‹ Üù™! 膴‚ °´I Ü‹HJ¡ ðìð승, vHKƒ º® ܉GòQ¡ ªè£Fªè£FŠ¹, Šk„ î¬ô ªó«ñ£M¡ T½T½Š¹ âù Üêˆî™ ðKñ£íƒèœ. «î£ŸøˆF™, ºè ð£õƒèO™, àì™ Ü¬ê¾èO™... Üì, °óL™Ãì ªõ¬ó†®ò£ù MˆFò£ê‹... èô‚A†¯ƒè M‚ó‹!

«ð£hv Hóè£wó£x, Ü‹H¬ò Ü®ˆ¶ˆ ¶¬õˆ¶ Mê£K‚è, ê죘 ê죪óù ܉Gò¡ ªõOŠð†´ ñ£P ñ£P Hóè£wó£¬ü‚ èôõóŠ 𴈶Aø 裆C... Th˜ C‚ú˜! ÜŒòƒè£˜ ݈¶ à„êKŠ¹‚° ñ†´‹ ޡ‹ ªñù‚ªè†®¼‚èô£‹.

ý£Kv ªüòó£T¡ Þ¬êJ™, ÔÜŒòƒè£˜ i†´ Üö«èÕ¾‹ Ô°ñ£g...Õ»‹ ªõ‡ªð£ƒè™ â¡ø£™, Ôè£î™ ò£¬ùÕ»‹ Ô܇ìƒè£‚è£Õ¾‹ îôŠð£ 膴 HKò£E! ‘܇ìƒè£‚è£...’M™ õ‡íñòñ£è ªðJ¡†«ì£Ÿêõ‹ ïìˆFJ¼‚°‹ è¬ô Þò‚°ï˜ ꣹CKL¡ ðƒèOŠ¹ Üð£ó‹!

«èñó£«ñ¡èœ ñEè‡ì¡ & óM õ˜ñQ¡ à¬öŠ¹ Þò‚°ïK¡ 輬õ ޡ‹ ²èñ£ù Hóêõ‹ Ý‚AJ¼‚Aø¶.

‘Ü…² ¬ðê£õ Ü…² «è£® «ð˜ Ü…ê…² îì¬õ F¼´ø¶ îŠð£?’, ‘ê†ìˆ¬î cƒè eøô£‹, Ýù£  ¬èJªô´‚è‚ Ãì£î£?’ «ð£¡ø ðk˜ ²k˜ õêùƒè¬÷‚ «è†ì ñ£ˆFóˆF«ô«ò Ô²ü£î£Õ â¡Á 臬í Í®‚ªè£‡´ ªê£™L Mìô£‹. ‘Þ¼ðˆ¬î‰¶ õ¼ìƒèO™ CƒèŠÌ¼‹ üŠð£Â‹ âŠð® â™ô£‹ ñ£P Þ¼‚Aø¶? Hø° ã¡ Þ‰Fò£ ñ†´‹ ÞŠð®«ò Þ¼‚Aø¶?’ â¡Á ܉Gò¡ õ£Jô£è ûƒè˜ «è†Aø£«ó, Ü‰î‚ «èœM ÜŠð®«ò ªï…C™ ¬îˆ¶ GŸAø¶!

ûƒèK¡ ªñè£ U†è÷£ù ‘ªü¡®™«ñ¡’, ‘Þ‰Fò¡’ ðìƒè¬÷ Ô܉Gò¡Õ ðô ÞìƒèO™ G¬ù׆® ù£½‹... ê£è£õó‹ ªðŸø áö¬ô»‹ º¬ø«è†¬ì»‹ âF˜‚Aø «èó‚ì˜ èœ âŠ«ð£¶«ñ «ð£ó®ŠðF™¬ô !

‘܉Gò¡’... ñê£ô£ ñ£ò£ü£ô‹!

[/tscii:7efff9ddad]

rprakash
24th June 2005, 10:45 PM
cut and paste the above in word and if you have vikatan as the font you can read it in tamil-it worked for me-hope it works for the rest of you!

kamarajc
24th June 2005, 11:18 PM
Gone are the days when this thread was interesting. The discussions used to be constructive, lifting the elegant spirit of music. It made the discussion enjoyable. Unfortunately, in the recent past.. walking through this thread has never been a pleasant journey. But if I am asked for a reason to come back again and again only to get disappointed - 'I dont mind paying this price for the music that I enjoy'. No pun intended - there are some people in this thread who have had fun only in mud-slinging and word-bashing on the creators who are really loved by music lovers.

I am an ardent fan of IR. I doubt anybody or anything will challenge my infallible opinion about IR. There are lot of things that has culminated. It is not a song, instrument or an interlude that makes one a fan of IR. I am equally dumbstruck and mesmerised by the genius work of ARR. I am surely not uncomfortable to see ARR's work with awe though I am a fan of IR. If IR gave the best of my home to this world, ARR gave the best of this world to my home. I love ARR too, I am not an ardent fan of ARR as I am of IR.

Having said that, these masters who are ABLE are just not AVAILABLE today. Dont take my words literally. I said they are not available in right projects and in right times. Here comes the bid and I am enjoying the music of HJ. I need not measure the works of HJ based on the yardsticks set by IR and ARR. They are in different realms. Such an act would be indignifying not only to HJ, but also to ARR and IR.
When talking about the musicians who are ABLE && AVAILABLE, I love the music of HJ too.

Just one point on this comparison stuff - what are we trying to prove on talking about IFs and BUTs. "Alli Arjuna"'s music was inferior to "Kadhal Mannan" or "Parthaen Rasithaen". But, would it not be ridiculous to say that ARR is inferior to Bharadwaj. Today, you say 'IF ARR would have composed...'.

The point - IR and ARR are well above the crowd. There are masters not just nationally, but internationally. They have in them all that takes to join the league of likes of Mozart or Beethoven. Please stop comparing them with others and save some time.

Now coming to the Master of Ceremony - HJ. Guys, HJ is NOT a crap (I hate this slang though). He has got stuff. Some of my ever favorite numbers in Indian music are from HJ. I still enjoy the sheer pleasure I find in the music of HJ. 'Mazhai Mazhai' is being played atleast 3 times in my home for the past 3 weeks. But, still we enjoy it. When in solitude, nothing rejuvenates me like 'Moongil Kaadugale'. When me heart longs for a romantic upbeat, it finds it company in 'Ye Chilipi (Gharshana)'. And there are many more that deserves a mention.

There are lots of ways to grace ARR. And, bashing HJ is surely not one of the ways. HJ's consistency is unbeaten by the surprise elements from VS, YSR or Bharadwaj. Dinesh, Arjuna and the likes.... one friendly request.. - Dont take HJ for granted, you might regret one day. I am not a moral police - But dont give others an image that ARR fans are barbaric and have no tolerance to admire the genuine creative music of others. Otherwise, ARR will regret one day for churning out more intolerant fans than wonderful musical masterpieces.

coucou
24th June 2005, 11:41 PM
read this review
http://www.lankasri.com

coucou
25th June 2005, 12:09 AM
[tscii:a959827227]i see anniyan's songs today!!!!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURATION OF THE SONG§! woooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuah 'ayyengaru vettu"
it was a long time that i don't see actress dress the custums indians in tfm. fortunately, shankar is in tfm to keep indian custums
[/tscii:a959827227]

Arjuna
25th June 2005, 12:53 AM
kamarajc,
I guess u have got me wrong..as I am writing to u - I am listening to one of my all time fav song - Ye Chilipi from Gharshana - which made me fall in luv with Asin..and I was mad abt her just because of this song!! I appreciate good music and I agree HJ has given 'some' good songs..but the question is when did he give his last good song? When did he last give a great song that can be heared infinite number of times..the malai malai song was composed 2 yrs back..Lets hope he gives some great songs in Vetayadu Vilayadu..

Arjuna
25th June 2005, 12:54 AM
How much did AV give for Gentleman, Indian and Muthalvan?

m_23_bayarea
25th June 2005, 02:58 AM
Why are you guys so angry at HJ??? I think he's an awesome MD, and pls don't always compare him with ARR just to pull him down. Look at him for what he is.....

MumbaiRamki
25th June 2005, 03:13 AM
Arjuna ,
Thats a good question ....
Let me test my memory ...

Gentleman - 50 /100
Indian - 52/100
Mudhalvan - 50/100

I think the highest ever given by AV were for these movies ....

1.Maha Nadhi -60/100
2.Heyram-60/100
3.Mugam (?)-60/100

rajasaranam
25th June 2005, 04:09 AM
MR,

Devar Magan 63 :?

dinesh2002
25th June 2005, 05:44 AM
Gone are the days when this thread was interesting. The discussions used to be constructive, lifting the elegant spirit of music. It made the discussion enjoyable. Unfortunately, in the recent past.. walking through this thread has never been a pleasant journey. But if I am asked for a reason to come back again and again only to get disappointed - 'I dont mind paying this price for the music that I enjoy'. No pun intended - there are some people in this thread who have had fun only in mud-slinging and word-bashing on the creators who are really loved by music lovers.

I am an ardent fan of IR. I doubt anybody or anything will challenge my infallible opinion about IR. There are lot of things that has culminated. It is not a song, instrument or an interlude that makes one a fan of IR. I am equally dumbstruck and mesmerised by the genius work of ARR. I am surely not uncomfortable to see ARR's work with awe though I am a fan of IR. If IR gave the best of my home to this world, ARR gave the best of this world to my home. I love ARR too, I am not an ardent fan of ARR as I am of IR.

Having said that, these masters who are ABLE are just not AVAILABLE today. Dont take my words literally. I said they are not available in right projects and in right times. Here comes the bid and I am enjoying the music of HJ. I need not measure the works of HJ based on the yardsticks set by IR and ARR. They are in different realms. Such an act would be indignifying not only to HJ, but also to ARR and IR.
When talking about the musicians who are ABLE && AVAILABLE, I love the music of HJ too.

Just one point on this comparison stuff - what are we trying to prove on talking about IFs and BUTs. "Alli Arjuna"'s music was inferior to "Kadhal Mannan" or "Parthaen Rasithaen". But, would it not be ridiculous to say that ARR is inferior to Bharadwaj. Today, you say 'IF ARR would have composed...'.

The point - IR and ARR are well above the crowd. There are masters not just nationally, but internationally. They have in them all that takes to join the league of likes of Mozart or Beethoven. Please stop comparing them with others and save some time.

Now coming to the Master of Ceremony - HJ. Guys, HJ is NOT a crap (I hate this slang though). He has got stuff. Some of my ever favorite numbers in Indian music are from HJ. I still enjoy the sheer pleasure I find in the music of HJ. 'Mazhai Mazhai' is being played atleast 3 times in my home for the past 3 weeks. But, still we enjoy it. When in solitude, nothing rejuvenates me like 'Moongil Kaadugale'. When me heart longs for a romantic upbeat, it finds it company in 'Ye Chilipi (Gharshana)'. And there are many more that deserves a mention.

There are lots of ways to grace ARR. And, bashing HJ is surely not one of the ways. HJ's consistency is unbeaten by the surprise elements from VS, YSR or Bharadwaj. Dinesh, Arjuna and the likes.... one friendly request.. - Dont take HJ for granted, you might regret one day. I am not a moral police - But dont give others an image that ARR fans are barbaric and have no tolerance to admire the genuine creative music of others. Otherwise, ARR will regret one day for churning out more intolerant fans than wonderful musical masterpieces.

u know,its shocking how people missed some of my messages in other threads which shows i do like hj,but just dun like him when he uses ARR music...thats it...ive enjoyed Laysa Laysa & 12b songs from hj allot during 2001,when ARR music was limited to tamil film industry,all im saying that for a shankar movie these music isnt the 1 we need...yes if Hj gave these tunes to other dirs i would agree its great,but look at shankar's audio list,it doesnt stand inthe list..im alwiz comparing withen a limit...lets take it in ur point,the combo of saran & baradwaj is alwiz very good,and i never did put alli arjuna in that list coz it doesnt stand in that list,eventhough its by my fav md ARR...but ofcource i loved the songs in the hindi version...anywayz...lets just see how does anniyan turns up & WHERE IS ARR???:P

Movies
25th June 2005, 05:47 AM
Guys,

Dont forget to mention Anantha Vikatans worst comment ever about a movie.

And the honour goes to BOYS. It was the most cruel review i have ever seen in my life. No other review could have shattered anyones heart more than that review.

For the ones not to have seen the review here is how it was;

The review was on the first page. One page of review thats it. and the page had a still from the movie and with CHIIII written in big bold letters. Ina corner it said " except for perverts this movie is a chii!"

Now guys Imagine how poor shankar must have felt seeing that. Imagine how Sujatha wudve felt. Imagine what ARR would have thought!

Rahman refused to do the music for Kamasutra. And even kamasutra wudnt have been that badly disgraced.

I dont know about you people. but i honestly think Indian, Mudhalvan and gentleman arre tamil cinemas 3 gems. It made bollywood look up at tamil films with respect. I admire shankars skills more than any other tamil director in present.
Anniyan is surely short on Logic, and worst on music, but lets just appreciate anniyan for the efforts of Vikram and shankar. Shankar has made a movie better than what current tamil directors can make, eventhough it isnt near shankars BEST!

Movies
25th June 2005, 05:48 AM
Oh and Hey ram got a 58... not 60

And Mahanadhi was asuper movie. I cant say the same ant hey ram!

Arjuna
25th June 2005, 12:15 PM
Mugam was a stunning movie by Nasar - but that was a big FLOP..Who was the music director for that movie? Was it by IR? The BGM was stunning..the movie was so poetic..

Arjuna
25th June 2005, 12:17 PM
Didnt BR+KH movie get the highest in AV? I forgot the name of the film..the one in which rajni acts as paratai...

kamarajc
25th June 2005, 12:26 PM
Mugam was a stunning movie by Nasar - but that was a big FLOP..Who was the music director for that movie? Was it by IR? The BGM was stunning..the movie was so poetic..

IR was the music director of Mugam.

njv
25th June 2005, 06:00 PM
Didnt BR+KH movie get the highest in AV? I forgot the name of the film..the one in which rajni acts as paratai...

16 vayathinilae

coucou
26th June 2005, 03:15 AM
francly, i think anniyan is better than chandramukhi

coucou
26th June 2005, 03:18 AM
story is good but not original (it is mix of indian, gentleman), comedy is very good, and i was surprised seeing vikram's action. even if song is bad, the bgm is touching

hehehewalrus
27th June 2005, 01:43 AM
nanbargale
here is vikadan old movie reviews
http://thirai.ambalam.com/oldfilm.html

slperson1
27th June 2005, 02:03 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13882062
seems like anniyan may after all recover costs

Movies
27th June 2005, 04:17 AM
Why is sify going out of its way to prove the notion that anniyan is a flop?

Maybe cause Shankar and Vikram were greatful to them!

Yes guys the truths out. It seems Anniyan is loosing groundzs fast! After a phenomenal opening its going down as predicted by the wise men ( including me)!

ykrrajan
27th June 2005, 08:27 AM
Looks like this sify fellas got a hefty sum from the producer. Instead of giving a neutral review they have been singing and praising this mediocre movie and have set a record in doing the jaalra for this movie. Their weekend box-office table also has been missing for the past week. It will not be a surprise if it mentions ANNIYAN as the ultimate blockbuster(PANAM PESUTHU). Instead of concentrating on this third rated marketing strategy the producer/director should have to concentrate on improving the standard of the movie.Shankar must change his tracks and stop repeating this Indian(ised) killer sequels.If not .....

No movie can match Indian in this regard.

The truth is that after a phenomenal(????) opening the moview has bit the dust.

slperson1
27th June 2005, 08:59 AM
funny none of the other sites has n e thing bad to say about the film.

and also funny that people didnt have complaints when they boasted about CM.maybe u people are saddened that this movie has the possibility of beating CM's collections.

im yet to see any signs from any sites that the movie has bit the dust.

Movies
27th June 2005, 10:33 AM
slperson,

I dont know why u bringing CM into this.

If you dont beleive any of us, look at cinesouth.com, it gave a hint of anniyan going down.

Anoyan will make some money due to the grand opening cause of shankar and vikram, will make a decent run because of VIKRAM , But cant make it big. Its falling in B and C centres already.

but what Sify is doing is really shamefull! Its so sucking up!

And for guys looking for reviews other than sify; check out tamilcinema.com and webulagam.com... they both give a fair review. Anantha vikatan as well!

Jacky
27th June 2005, 11:22 AM
"And for guys looking for reviews other than sify; check out tamilcinema.com and webulagam.com... they both give a fair review. Anantha vikatan as well!"

In tamil cinema there's no coherence between reviews and collections.

Cinefan
27th June 2005, 11:26 AM
Dig:

AV gave Hey Ram 60&not 58 while 'Indian'as Anniyan also got 48.I have heard ppl say '16 vayadhinile'has got the highest marks in AV till now.how much was it.BTW did 'Thevar ...'really get 63?

End dig

NOV
27th June 2005, 11:55 AM
Anniyan Music - A Review

Managed to get tickets to watch Anniyan over the weekend. In spite of the movie playing over one week, cinemas were full and I only managed to get seats 8 rows from the screen.

1. Upon first hearing of the songs, I felt severely let down. A case of I-told-you-so, for Shankar abandoning ARR.

2. However, after repeated listenings, the songs began to impress. A nuance here, a repeat there - and lo behold, the songs began captivating. Something behind the mind reminded that this is true of all ARR songs in fact!

3. The clear winner was Andankakkaa konda kaari. We could not get enough of the song. With kids in the car, it was either Raaraa (Chandramukhi) or Andankaakkaa.

4. Iyengaaru veettu azhagE with the much-missed Hariharan's voice was also appealing, but the mood was always for the fast numbers.

5. Kaadhal yaanai was a late discovery. Especially interesting was the sounds of bombs exploding when the lyrics talk about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. ;)

6. Kannum kannum nokia was already a popular number in the radios and I having an aversion to english lyrics in tamils songs, was not impressed.

5. Kumaari - the beginning was absorbing. But the song was not a favourite.

Upon seeing the movie:

1. Kumaari was stunning! If Ale ale was a splendour down south, this song shot entirely in a Tulips garden was a grand beginning to the visual feast being promised. A departure from group dancing, formally introduced by Shankar, Kumaari just featured Vivek and two others. Although there was nothing else to compete with the garden, boredom did not set in. The camera angles were splendid! This song is now a new-found favourite!

2. Iyengaaru veettu azhagE. To many of us who have heard of the garnd recitals at Thiruvayur, this was the the first introduction. And what an intro was it. Again the camera did marvels, zooming on to the main characters and at the same time, the 100s (extras) becoming part of the whole picture. I would have loved to see more of the festival, but by the time the song shifted to the pallavi, choreography set in.
The song was perfect for the situation, but again the lotus stage monopolised the entire shoot. Luckily there was Sada in a never-before-seen splendour. :rotfl:

3. The third character of Vikram was introduced with Kaadhal yaanai. Song was good, but Vikram was not. He is too short for a model and with so many men competing for attention, he did not stand out a Remo!
Fortunately there was Yana Gupta to compensate for the loss. Again, I felt that Shankar limited the visuals. Harris Jeyraj's music was electric, but somehow this was not translated to the screen.

4. Kannum kannum nokia - shot entirely at KLIA and Twin Towers in Malaysia. Even Malaysians wont recognise the slick shots! One word to describe - class.
However, as mentioned above, the song did not impress me for its absymal lyrics.

5. Andang kaakaa - the song ALL of us had been waiting for. As the norm, expectations will always result in disappointment. I experienced this when watching Jeans (Kannodu kaanbadhellaam) and sure enough it happened again. The choreography was inadequate, although the sets were grand. At the end of the day, I feel this song - which will attract dancing in all pubs and clubs - was a waste visually.

Generally, Harris Jeyaraj met with Shankar's standards. Which again proves my point that directors play a big role in the kind of music the movie offers. Shankar deserves as much credit as Harris, for the feast provided to us.

BGM I believe is by Praveen Mani (as in Boys too). I found it to be adequate. Honestly, I dont think there are many people who go for movies with great expectations on BGM. BGM's should always blend with the movie and not appear obvious.

In summary, Shankar could have done better - the fault being his for raising the standards so high, while Harris did a good job.

dinesh2002
27th June 2005, 05:41 PM
NOV,please understand this..BOYS BGM IS NOT BY PRAVIN MANI,its by ARR>...only the AIYAPPA SONG BY PRAVIN MANI...and the JAIL SONG WAS COMPOSED BY SHANKAR!!!

Music4Ever
27th June 2005, 06:03 PM
Good review, Nov. The songs really rock after repeated listenings. Several people that I know really enjoy Andankaaka, Kadhal yaanai, and kannum kannum Nokia.

Movies
27th June 2005, 08:21 PM
NOV... its quite obvious ur HJ suck up, trying to show ur neutral.

Why else wud u say Shankar Blew it and HJ did his job!

And saying BGM by Pravin Mani shows how ignorant you are!

ARR DID THE BGM FOR BOYS! HJ DID IT FOR ANNIYAN!

HJ MESSED BADLY! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Good joke mate!

dinesh2002
27th June 2005, 08:29 PM
check out this,got this from a blog...something to think about man!

Gentleman + Indian + Mudhalvan + Ramana = Anniyan. Add to it some graphics that does not help the movie. If you have not watched the above 4 movies named you can take chance with Anniyan. Like someone said - It was heartening to see the 50% of the folks leave after the first half. I had to stick, My stomach was kicking the 11 bucks + 8.25 bucks concession I paid & to watch how else one can burn money.

Producers should and please read through the script before producing it.

We all know Vikram can act. It was pathetic to see him repeat his Pithamagan histrionics.

Music is a controlled noise. Songs screenplay is nothing compared to his previous.

Vivek is the only one watchable. Looks like he tried his best to save it from falling.

1 more review :

hi guys, i had the opportunity to watch anniyan yesterday. My honest opinion is that, it is way too much overrated. I accept the fact that shankar has tried to convey a good message despite the financial limitations of Indian cinema. But neither it is charming nor it is hard hitting. It leaves a mixed feeling about the film. The movie is technically proficient than most other Tamil movies. But it has been wasted in bad film making. I can give you 10 reasons why Anniyan sucked bad.

1) Vikram's Remo character was way too OTT. His accent sounds really fake. Believe me, i have seen ABCD's and NRI's but he sounds really odd, as if he is trying to fake his accent. LOL.

2)The fight sequence between anniyan and that judo, karate whatever bunch of retards is a blatant copy of matrix reloaded. It was well staged, but not original at all. Shankar is running out of ideas???? And also i have never seen anyone practicing in fire and all, like 36 chamber of shaolin style, in a karate school. It was so totally funny that i almost crapped on my pants. =)). Must be some kind of underground school where they teach people to be serial killers.

3) Time splice technology is overused and looks ugly most of the time. Why does shankar have copy everything from Hollywood.

4) I see that point that shankar is trying to say a message. But by the end of the movie, i was confused what he was trying to convey!!!!. He got lost in his own subplots, he completely drifts away most of the time. The message of the movie, gets constantly lost between irritating re-mo and am-bi.

5) We understand that anniyan is an alter ego and he is mentally and physically more powerful than the other ones Ambi and Remo. But he is no spider man or anything. In that case, how come he flies across rooftops and sticks to that walls as if he is some lizard guy???? For a minute, i thought i was watching some mutant movie

6) Also the reason why sadha is madly in love with re-mo is totally confusing. The love scenes are not convincing enough. If i were her, i would probably choose Ambi who is practical (At least more that Remo LOL) rather than falling in love with some bloody duffer who crosses the road backwards in peak traffic. (Now thats what i call idiocy)

7) Why do prakashraj and vivek have to be always in disguise? I understand the whole undercover thing, but why all the time? the killer is not going to stay all the while to catch the glimpse of them just to find out that they are cops. ha Ha....i don't think even Scotland yard guys or international spies wont do anything of that sort. It was totally funny. Prakashraj looked like a moron in that role.

8) The songs are not very impressive. It was definitely above par. But thats all. A R Rahman, thou shall be missed.

9) At least i had faith in shankar's song visuals. But turns out that shankar is running out of that too. Kaadhal yaanai song looks as if it was pictured when shankar was missing from the sets. Nokia song had the worst dance choreography i have ever seen in shankar's movies. Shankar masked his lack of imagination in oh sukumari song with a bunch of pretty flowers and a couple of good shots. Other than that, that song was plain mediocre.

10) The whole flashback idea was not appealing at all. It was too short to make anything out of it. 11) EXTRA EXTRA: TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.

3) EXTRA EXTRA: And did i tell u guys that the vikram's torture scene is ripped off from passion of the Christ?, and the final court scene was bloody dumb?

14) EXTRA EXTRA: and also when vivek walks out of the torture chamber he turns one security cam on. Then how com when the judge sees the tape, it appears as if it was shot with multiple cams with tight closeup? it even has a few overhead shots? bloody brilliant, isn't it? probably this movie was set in 2056 AD. LOL Now for the pluses 1) Vikram has delivered a knock out performance as Ambi and Anniyan. The film will be unwatchable without vikram.

Shankar who is synonymous with AR Rahman ropes in Harris Jeyraj who gives a terribly disappointing background score which is THE HIGHLIGHT of any other Shankar flick. There is no imitation that can keep up with the original, and this is true in the case of Harris Jeyraj and AR Rahman.

sloshed
27th June 2005, 08:32 PM
There we go Moives in action again...

Is he the one who said ..." anniyan songs worst" .. dream on man .. dream on....

Anniyan songs.. like Nov pointed out.. rock on repeated hearings...
No wonder Shankar may/might/never pointed that this may be his best songs....
It a pity u see people degrading the songs and comparing it to ARR ...with statements like " Cannot compare to ARR.... Boyz was better..."

well if HJ scores like ARR ... Then we have another probloem as well.. the headline goes HJ is a copy cat ....
if he doesnt.. "HJ cannot be like ARR"

When u want to compare songs.. compare the situations and the story content. .in the movies....

I think HJ has been tremendous since Laysa Laysa.... He is continuing to improve....and I think he is one of the best we have in TFM ...... great job HJ... anniyan songs will rock for some more time..... BTW ' kumari ' song has no peers .. and i doubt it will for many years to come....

Well done HJ ...

Music4Ever
27th June 2005, 08:48 PM
"HJ MESSED BADLY! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

Shall we say that the verdict now stays at about 50-50? The above is only one of several opinions. Indeed, there are many (mostly ARR-obsessed fans) who hate Anniyan songs, and there are many others (those who are not that depressed by Shankar ditching ARR) who love the songs. In my conversation with many young Indians, it seems HJ's music in Anniyan has absolutely captured their imaginations. I also second the opinion of Sloshed re Sukumari. It is well composed and well sung.

m_23_bayarea
27th June 2005, 09:19 PM
"HJ MESSED BADLY! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

Shall we say that the verdict now stays at about 50-50? The above is only one of several opinions. Indeed, there are many (mostly ARR-obsessed fans) who hate Anniyan songs, and there are many others (those who are not that depressed by Shankar ditching ARR) who love the songs. In my conversation with many young Indians, it seems HJ's music in Anniyan has absolutely captured their imaginations. I also second the opinion of Sloshed re Sukumari. It is well composed and well sung.

"HJ Rocked in ANNIYAN ! Take it or Leave it or Forget it!!" :thumbsup:

kamarajc
27th June 2005, 10:16 PM
All that we can offer in reply to people who find the work by HJ - A smile. Thats it.

HJ is here to stay.. for sure. Talking about BGM, there is no official note that says that the BGM was composed by anyone else. So, I assume it is done by HJ only. The BGM was not an extraordinary one. Giving HJ the benefit of doubt,it might be just what Shankar demanded. HJ's BGM is explicit in Jeeva's movie. Guys, watch out. This combination is surely going to rock more that HJ-Gautham combination, ofcourse musically. 'Ullam Ketkume's BGM wqas just astounding. Wherever, the movie wanted an uplit - it could have been done by Director, Editor or Music Director. In UK, HJ took the lead all the time and his music (Songs and BGM) was a class apart. The last time, I heard such a good BGM was in 'Dumm Dumm Dumm' - a meticulous work by KR. Pardon for running out of the thread - the talk on BGM was so intriguing. :P

Movies
28th June 2005, 01:30 AM
Guys Im not hiding and disgust i got for HJ.

Simply cause he is a spit ball!

Whats so astounding about the "situational" song HJ has created for anniyan?... NOTHING!

Dont you guys know Anniyan has the lowest audio sales for a shankar movie?.... dont you realise the movies the cuse of the second interest in the album?

I agree Kumari is a good song... but when u say it has no parallel?... HAHAHAHAH! Good joke..... U HJ FANATICS......ITS ripped of from an ARR song! KAngalal Kaidhi sei!

What joke u people are!

After ARR i think its VS and YSR who desrve the praise, and then baradhwaj, even though baradhwaj aint too good, atleast he has more original stuffs than HJ and has his own brains!

m_23_bayarea
28th June 2005, 01:37 AM
Guys Im not hiding and disgust i got for HJ.

Simply cause he is a spit ball!

Whats so astounding about the "situational" song HJ has created for anniyan?... NOTHING!

Dont you guys know Anniyan has the lowest audio sales for a shankar movie?.... dont you realise the movies the cuse of the second interest in the album?

I agree Kumari is a good song... but when u say it has no parallel?... HAHAHAHAH! Good joke..... U HJ FANATICS......ITS ripped of from an ARR song! KAngalal Kaidhi sei!

What joke u people are!

After ARR i think its VS and YSR who desrve the praise, and then baradhwaj, even though baradhwaj aint too good, atleast he has more original stuffs than HJ and has his own brains!

Do you realize that everybody is entitled to their own choices?? If you like ARR, great....I'm a big fan of ARR too. I think he's the best MD too. But that does not mean that HJ is inferior or doesnt derve all the praise and credit...Just like how you and I like ARR, there are so many others who like HJ....So to call them all a JOKE or FANATICS is not very good.....And also, this thread is abt ANNIYAN songs, not a comparison between ARR and HJ or IR and HJ, for the sole reason that you don't like him....And I personally dont think that HJ is a spit ball.....His BGM always rocks....

Arjuna
28th June 2005, 02:11 AM
Wholesale Xerox HJ is a BIG OK!! Not good nor not bad!! Kumari was the only song that was good in this movie...HJ is also good only with Gautham Menon..and I am just wondering what did HJ do for the past one year!! He was just sitting and composing for Anniyan!! But that doesnt show in the film!!

app_engine
28th June 2005, 02:36 AM
some dhamAsh:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13882062

NOV
28th June 2005, 07:24 AM
NOV... its quite obvious ur HJ suck up, trying to show ur neutral.
Why else wud u say Shankar Blew it and HJ did his job!
HJ MESSED BADLY! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!
Good joke mate!First thing you need to learn is manners.
Second thing is that everyone is entitled to their opinions; yours isn't any superior.
If you do not like what I am saying, you are welcome to skip my post.

Dinesh, I did not speak about the movie here, since that is beyond the scope of this forum.
As for reviews, you can show any number of reviews bashing the album/movie and I can show you an equal number praising them. :D
One of them being: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/7209/0/

End of the day, what you really want is an honest opinion, not some thing to flatter your idol's ego.
Believe me, I have seen them all - from MS Viswanathan, Ilayaraja, AR Rahman and today's apparent favourite YSR. History has a peculiar habit of repeating itself. ;)

Movies
28th June 2005, 07:33 AM
NOV,

Glad to hear you think i need manners!

U need to brush up ur facts before speaking up!
:banghead:

NM
28th June 2005, 07:41 AM
NOV,

Thank you for the review. Now, I really feel like watching the movie, just for the songs and the scenes.......didn't feel the urge before, tho' i've already fallen for these songs after just listening to them....."andankaaka, Iyengar veettu azhage, kannum kannum nokia"... :D :thumbsup:

TISK
28th June 2005, 09:09 AM
Anniyan's success is really and entirely due to CM and Oscar has to say a billion thanks to Rajni for this!
Reasons::
1. CM ensured the entire tamil audience to go to theaters to see a movie. It actually woke up the tamil population and made them realize that there is thing called 'watching a movie in the theaters' .
2. It put money into the pockets of distributors and theater owners and made them ready to gamble on Anniyan, a healthy gamble though, as Anniyan by itself had so many positive factors to take the risk, a calculated one!
3. Last but he most important reason is this! But for 'this', this movie would have hit the dust the very second day! And that 'this' is this: BY SHOWING THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITION KNOWN AS 'SPLIT-PERSONALITY' IT REALLY PREPARED THE AUDIENCE TO BUY THAT EXTRA STEP -- 'MULTIPLE PERSONALITY CONCEPT'! Without CM [Rajni] introducing this to the entire TN, people in villages wud have rejected this movie outright, without a sweat! Thanks to CM,[now combine the 1st and 2nd factor to this equation!] everyone in TN went to the theaters to see that condition and had no great problem in buying this one also which came right at the heels of that extra-ordinary movie.

Oscar did see the trend and waited a good 30 days to allow everyone to see the Cm and the rest is history!
The 'Anniyan' team should also be complemented fopr making that movie watchable for thosewho took the risk of buying the ticket and for that they need the kudos!

30 days from now, Anniyan will be history and the interest will wane away as i predict that there will be no repeat audience as this movie is a real over-dose of everything and may not stand the test of time.
oscar , Shankar, Vikram, distributors, theater owners will make their money at break-even because of the collosal cost for making this movie and the profit margin will be negligible even though the final figures will be a staggering 30+ crore thing .
just my guess as some one said in this forum-- everyone is entitled for n opinion!
I wish everyone luck!
{ And... pl. buy the original Cd of TbI!!
YIA!!}

NOV
28th June 2005, 09:35 AM
I will tend to agree with TISK on several things, chief among them that CM will help people better understand MPS. Chandramukhi inadvertently helped Anniyan. :))

30 days from now, Anniyan will be history and the interest will wane away as i predict that there will be no repeat audience as this movie is a real over-dose of everything and may not stand the test of time.Strangely I too felt that there is no urge to see Anniyan a second time, in spite of it being a lavish production. Chandramukhi beckoned me many times and I even ended up watching the ending again and again on VCD.
Somehow Anniyan lacks this.

Having said that, I won't write off Shankar. In spite of the severe criticism Boys received, it ran over 100 days in Andhra!

ykrrajan
28th June 2005, 10:13 AM
What irks is that when a director of Shankar's stature gets released, the general expectation is that the public expects a sleak and neat entertainer(Except Boys).His films have been different from each other. The concept was novel, presentation was excellent.

But it is very sad to say that in Anniyan it is not applicable. The reason are many and I state a few below.

1.Many scenes makes us have a feeling of already seen.eg. Anniyan Confession in Nehru Stadium vs Indian murdering the Doctor in the TV Station. The justification is similar.

2.In Indian the police people will handle the case meticulously(Going to kerala for the varma kalai).Here the Police arrives at the spot of the Incident in disguise(????). The need for teh disguise is not explained. They seem to just see how the murder was done.

3.In Indian the hero will keep a letter after the murder
and here he writes on different surfaces.

4.The flashback was gripping in Indian (especially the Hospital scene where the hero's daughter will fight for his life) whereas in Anniyan it is not.

5.Complaining through the website is already done in Ramana and 4 the people. Y to repeat it again. Is the director short of ideas.

6.Now coming to the music part we can say that ARR is very badly missed by Anniyan(Shankar). HJ has done good but there is a difference between the Champion and the runner up. The gap is felt here.

7.The song picturisation needs to be changed. Even though the visuals are excellent, the creativity in picturisation is clearly absent.

8.Same can be said for the action sequences (Anniyan flying in the dark lanes while bashing up the goons are just too much to digest).

9.The heroine ??? less said the better.

The reason for stating the above shortcomings is that a leading established director's film is watched very keenly than the others. If he rehashes his own ideas, then the question of his creativity (new messages) arises. The doubt has come whether Shankar has any other concept apart from Gentleman, Indian, Mudhalvan. Shankar give us something new. Make urself unique. Let us hope that Shankar clears the doubt which he can. But as far ANNIYAN is concerned, it is a big let down.It is good for Sprint not for marathon. as said previously in the forum, this may not sustain/ retain the collection/audience. At most it may make a break even given the huge cost of production.

Movies
28th June 2005, 10:42 AM
TISK,

I agree thats what ive been saying from day 1... anniyan wont make too musch profit. If it is to recover its 30 crores it shud run full house for 6o + days like CM. otherwise producer will loose.

And it seems people arent really enjoying anniyan as one wudve expected to.

Movies
28th June 2005, 11:54 AM
GUYS Check this out,

The following passage is from SIFY's Chennai box office for this week.
"Anniyan continues its stranglehold over Chennai box-office in its second week. It has created a new theatre record of netting Rs 1.18 Crore from six Chennai screens in 10 days. Sathyam Cinemas alone has netted Rs 35,65,900, the highest from a complex for any film in south India. On its 10th day of release on a Sunday morning at 7.30 am the 1260 seater, Sathyam theatre was HOUSEFUL! Truly incredible, as Anniyan continues its victory march worldwide.

Even King Khan's whose last two releases Main Hoon Na and Kal Ho Naa Ho opened at number one in CBO had to take backseat as Paheli is at number two with a net of Rs 15, 05, 845 from three screen".

LOL!

Now if this isnt sucking up then what is?

An idiot would know on a sunday ALL shows for ALL movies are full in a chennai cinema hall! Tons of time ive paid in black for a lousy movie on a sat and sunday!

and number 2. Sify is stupid! they are comparing anniayn to a SHAH RUKH movie in " chennai!"! The only place any hindi movie run in chennai is at sathyam and maybe one or two smaller theaters like pilot. melody

And i think im lost... is there a 7:30 AM show at Sathayam... infact anywhere in chennai?..... I need to call sathyam and find out!

Sify is humiliating itself. Previouslyy it cuts and pasted taran adarsh's manic reviews now Sifys making its own.... SIFY go back to cut and paste mode and stop stooping low... u might hit something bumpy!

:lol:,

:rotfl:

:banghead:

Who ever is writting these articles for sify gotta know how to make it realistic!

This is complete trash!

ykrrajan
28th June 2005, 12:30 PM
Movies,

U r right. As I mentioned earlier this SIFY people will mention this as the ultimate blockbuster but in reality it is only moving towards the break even. Then comes the hit and superhit.

In the footnote they have this

(Ratings are based on the box office collections and the cost of the film)

If this is true on what basis Anniyan is Number 1.

God only knows.

Looks like Sify had a GOOD Collection than Anniyan.

netfriend4u2005
28th June 2005, 02:31 PM
One juck move and songs. This movie could have avoided by Vikram. :-(

MADDY
28th June 2005, 08:02 PM
My view on Anniyan:

Everytime u come out of the theatre watching a shankar movie, ur first reaction wud be "WHEW-Breathtaking".......and that's all u need to make a movie do well.......u may travel back to ur drawing rooms and then ponder abt its flip side but u r too late.......so Anniyan is no different and shankar has, IMHO , exorcised the ghost of BOYS and come up with trumps here.....gr8 work shankar :clap: .........

The movie could have got 10/10 but for 3 reasons i give it a 7/10...
1.Repititiveness:
Y does shankar repeat himself so much...i think there were 5-6 sequences which were exclusively found in Anniyan........all other scenes were repeat of his previous movies like
a) Losing someone close - Indian- kamal loses his sis and Gentleman- Arjun loses vineeth and here vikram loses his sis again....
b) enigmatic punishing methods - Varma Kalai in Indian and Garuda puranam in Anniyan
c) Love develops in a grand festival - Natyanjali (chidambaram) in Kadhalan and Thiyagaraja Uthsavam in Anniyan
d) Televising Murders - Killing Doc in Indian and showing footage of murders in Anniyan....i cud go on but shankar has repeated himself too much here.......pls shankar sir change ur assistant directors :lol: .....

2. OverDose for nothing:
unlike his previous movies Gentleman,Indian,Mudhalvan there is no strong cause shown for murders.......According to Anniyan theory half of India shuld be killed......And with such a weak ideology he has shown murders in a hysterical way and MPD theory, i felt was also overdone......

3.Music:
No surprises from a ARR fan naaa.....hey, many ARR fans try to be very lenient to HJ like me,dinesh but HJ has really "sodhuppified" the BGM.......i laughed aloud for BGMs where vikram's sis appears....
I went out for a smoke for "Kannum Nokia","Iyengaaru veetu Azhage","Kadhal Yaanai" songs......they were pathetic (songs and not cigarettes)......Harris Jeyaraj has not grabbed his oppurtunity......

Having said all this Vikram's action, action sequences,(challenging Hollywood movies), swift screenplay , vivek's comedy, Prakash Raj and ultimately the intention to give a message shuld take ANNIYAN thru........Get ARR back,shankar sir- u need him....

kamarajc
28th June 2005, 08:08 PM
I will tend to agree with TISK on several things, chief among them that CM will help people better understand MPS. Chandramukhi inadvertently helped Anniyan. :))

30 days from now, Anniyan will be history and the interest will wane away as i predict that there will be no repeat audience as this movie is a real over-dose of everything and may not stand the test of time.Strangely I too felt that there is no urge to see Anniyan a second time, in spite of it being a lavish production. Chandramukhi beckoned me many times and I even ended up watching the ending again and again on VCD.
Somehow Anniyan lacks this.

Having said that, I won't write off Shankar. In spite of the severe criticism Boys received, it ran over 100 days in Andhra!

Hi NOV,

I liked your review pre- and post- release. I would advise that it is waste of time advising people like... (U know who?) on manners. From day one of this thread, they have been trying so hard to ruin this thread. I wish ARR composes one Tamil movie very soon, atleast to make them walk away from this thread and contribute to that thread. I am not against any critics. But, they keep on saying the same words doing some anticampaign, borrowing some words here and there.... picking up some review from a damn website. At the end of the day, I wish they are happy. And now.. you have seen their language. Their credibility is just up to their language. Dont worry, there are not too many... they are just 3 or 4. You need to skip them just as you would skip some pages that contain advertisements while reading a magazine.

Jacky
28th June 2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/2282/
Anniyan on the march!

app_engine
28th June 2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=192933&disdate=6/28/2005

Shankar's find (JS) is again in trouble...

m_23_bayarea
28th June 2005, 09:35 PM
No matter what your opinions are, ANNIYAN rocks and is turning out to be one of the biggest blockbusters.....

My humble request for all ARR fans including myself: Pls pray that ARR does well in GodFather. Otherwise all we write to pull HJ and ANNIYAN down will only backfire at us....

MADDY
28th June 2005, 10:16 PM
hey guys, i think we,ARR fans, post msgs here primarily cos it is a shankar's movie and not cos it is a HJ movie........if ppl. have problem then fine, ARR fans will stop posting here.....we,ARR fans r comitted to give his successor a genuine platform of criticism unlike IR fans who r still bashing ARR and us........

m_23_bayarea
28th June 2005, 10:55 PM
hey guys, i think we,ARR fans, post msgs here primarily cos it is a shankar's movie and not cos it is a HJ movie........if ppl. have problem then fine, ARR fans will stop posting here.....we,ARR fans r comitted to give his successor a genuine platform of criticism unlike IR fans who r still bashing ARR and us........

Rock on Maddy !! That should be the spirit of ARR fans man...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alias
29th June 2005, 01:57 AM
I totally agree with Maddy, but slightly differ with his Point 2. The reason for shankar showing that silly things like this harm India position to be on the top and that is his point. If half of the indian need to be killed then please let anniyan do it. We do not need those ppl. even if I happen to be one. I know that will be not be possible for anniyan to eliminate half of India, but that is how ppl. will start following. If law cannot change then I am sure fear will.

And coming back to music, he is 100% right. I think it is picturisation of Shankar that saved the songs. I was very much impressed with Kadhal Yannai. When I put it on my car stereo, it is rocking afer watching the movie. But when I heard the songs before that, it left me cold. Shankar should go back to ARR or atleast take better MD than HJ cause he is fit only for Gautam Menon.

Has anyone noticed that Krisha (assistant of Gautam memon) directs Zilendra Endru Oru Kaadal. Guru always prefer HJ but shishiya has a better taste than Guru takes ARR. Lets wait and watch

app_engine
29th June 2005, 02:13 AM
"When I put it on my car stereo, it is rocking afer watching the movie"...which shows that the song hasn't changed, only the listener's perception about that:-)

Here he listens without the visuals, so it has to have the musically good elements to rock. That should have been there to begin with, only the listener chose not to give the merit...He had some cloud in his mind (another word - `bias') earlier which probably got removed when he saw the movie...All of us have some kind of bias - sometimes `for' , sometimes `against' and mostly `don't care'...If we have `for', it rocks immediately, even if it is average. If `against', it has to be really great to rock (i.e. the cloud has to be removed by the extraordinary musical or something else).

One can have some kind of objective rating only when the bias factor is `don't care', when a good song is rated good, great song is rated great and bad is dumped for valid reasons...

hehehewalrus
29th June 2005, 09:00 AM
Anniyan's success is really and entirely due to CM and Oscar has to say a billion thanks to Rajni for this!
Without CM [Rajni] introducing this to the entire TN, people in villages wud have rejected this movie outright, without a sweat! Thanks to CM,[now combine the 1st and 2nd factor to this equation!] everyone in TN went to the theaters to see that condition

Yabbaa.....in Rajini's 30 year old career he had lotsa fans but absolutely no sycophancy like this - my head is really spinning guys :rotfl: :rotfl:

united07
29th June 2005, 09:40 AM
just a positive comment....

i think Peter Hayen's stunt should be appreciated here...
although Vikram vs 100-odd karate guys are a bit too much for this...and too much Matrix wanna-be..but just imagine...

it was done graphically in Matrix...but done with real humans here......which takes more effort!...

kudos for trying it out....but not so kudos for adding it into the movie....

app_engine
29th June 2005, 10:32 PM
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com/
sriks rates it as good...

app_engine
29th June 2005, 10:33 PM
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com/2005/06/anniyan-fiction-which-is-also-fact.html

no need to scroll if you click this one...

dinesh2002
30th June 2005, 01:10 PM
we,ARR fans r comitted to give his successor a genuine platform of criticism unlike IR fans who r still bashing ARR and us........

who is the sucessor??? :shock:

NOV
30th June 2005, 01:42 PM
oru chinna joke:

Anniyan : 5 email forward pannina thappa?

IT guy : Onnum thappu illenga

Anniyan : 5 latcham peru 5 email forward pannina thappa?

IT guy : Thappu maathiri thaanga theriyuthu...

Anniyan : 5 latcham peru 5 latcham thadava 5 email forward pannina thappa?

IT guy : Periya thappu thaanga!

Anniyan : Atha thaanda neenga ellam pannikitu irukkenga? Vetti
pasangala! pOi velaiya parunga da!

A.ANAND
30th June 2005, 02:10 PM
hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..siripe varala!!!!!!

dinesh2002
30th June 2005, 03:56 PM
hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..siripe varala!!!!!!

anand....correcta soninge :lol: lol...

alias
30th June 2005, 09:11 PM
"When I put it on my car stereo, it is rocking afer watching the movie"...which shows that the song hasn't changed, only the listener's perception about that:-)

Here he listens without the visuals, so it has to have the musically good elements to rock. That should have been there to begin with, only the listener chose not to give the merit...He had some cloud in his mind (another word - `bias') earlier which probably got removed when he saw the movie...All of us have some kind of bias - sometimes `for' , sometimes `against' and mostly `don't care'...If we have `for', it rocks immediately, even if it is average. If `against', it has to be really great to rock (i.e. the cloud has to be removed by the extraordinary musical or something else).

One can have some kind of objective rating only when the bias factor is `don't care', when a good song is rated good, great song is rated great and bad is dumped for valid reasons...
Dude you need to chill out. Throwing too much philosophy in this fun forum is boring... So take a chill pill and relax... I was trying to express my opinion on how I felt about Anniyan and its song. I am not baised.... The first few times when u heard Anniyan songs,,, they are real poor but then few songs are good and particularly after watching it on screen. I think that is natural.. whether it is natural to u or not...only God knows.

MADDY
1st July 2005, 07:58 AM
"who is the sucessor??? ".....

i meant whoever be it........i think nobody has emerged as a clear successor for ARR yet.....sometimes it is VS with hit movies, sometimes it is YSR with 2-3 gud numbers, and HJ is always the dark horse with surprising hits.........

one more funny thing in Anniyan- y wud u need a "Ramp walk super model" to convince a middle-class iyengar girl...... :lol: :lol: ....

Movies
1st July 2005, 10:33 AM
MADDY,

Dude, its pointless pointing out flaws in Anniyan, there way too many. Shankar was & is Indias no1 Commercial director with good logical and flawless screenplay. He didnt do his best job with anniyan. This is what dissapointed me the most in the movie.

The basic script is flawed in Anniyan. Shankar rushed in to Anniyan.

Shankar takes so much care into his scenes. Makes things as perfect, for instance in Jeans, he even had the trains aligned in the right direction and platform.

Just like Rahman Shankar added the Extra bit to his scenes. Something would always be there. Just like every time we listen to rahmans music we hear something new, same way in shankars movie each time we see it theress something to be observed. This i missed in Anniyan.

I saw anniyan twice, i had to go with friends. the second time was loooong!

Movies
1st July 2005, 10:45 AM
Guys,

These reviews are exactly what im talking about in my previous posts...;

1) http://behindwoods.com/features/Literature/Literature7/Anniyan_review3.html

2)
http://behindwoods.com/features/Literature/Literature7/anniyan-review4.html

The second review would be exaclty what im saying!

kamarajc
1st July 2005, 09:34 PM
"who is the sucessor??? ".....

i meant whoever be it........i think nobody has emerged as a clear successor for ARR yet.....sometimes it is VS with hit movies, sometimes it is YSR with 2-3 gud numbers, and HJ is always the dark horse with surprising hits.........

one more funny thing in Anniyan- y wud u need a "Ramp walk super model" to convince a middle-class iyengar girl...... :lol: :lol: ....

Hi Maddy..

That was a nice observation. I dont think there is any problem with the logic. She must have fallen flat for a guy who is so famous is also so fond of her to send those flowers and birds.

But she has her owning insecured feeling asking./.. "Who after all are you.?" in that highway.

And.... u talked about middle-class iyengar girl.... what do u mean by that? Excuse me...........

dinesh2002
1st July 2005, 10:45 PM
Shankar's feat of another kind
Giving no room for doubts, the matter was finalized before the release of 'Anniyan.'

Ever since the film got released, there have been numerous offers for Shankar. One such offer has come from Chiranjeevi. The Telugu stars are keen to use technicians from Tamilnadu. The reason? Their talent, hard work, dedication and sincerity.

The top brass from Tamil films are also equally drawn to Andhra - for the good pay and good facilities.

While it is usual to make 150 prints of a Tamil film, it is a common practice to make a minimum of 300 prints in Andhra! So, the budget is more and the earnings are also more.

Shankar has just made a film for 25 crores. The budget for his next film also will be perhaps more, but no less than that. To make such a big budget film in Tamil with high expectations of profit, is like building a 5 star hotel in Kottaampatti! As of now, the only state that can afford such a big budget film is Andhra.

With all this in mind, Shankar is considering Chiranjeevi's offer. It is 90% confirmed that the hero of Shankar's next film is Chiranjeevi and the 40 crore budget will be borne by the company that produced 'Ennavaley.'

Shankar's fee for direction alone will be 5 crores. While this sum raises shocked exclamations from other directors, it's said that no other director in India has been offered such a big fee.

Not only his film, but his earnings are also a feat!
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/01072005-2.shtml

MADDY
2nd July 2005, 10:23 PM
5 croresaaaaaaaa sambalam for shankar :o :o :o ...............yabbaa, naan kooda IT joba vittutu asst directora saerelamnu irukaen....... :lol:

just imagine wat wud be the budget of the movie if it has:
Chiranjeevi
Shankar
A.R.Rahman
Aishwarya Rai
Ravi.K.Chandran
Thotta Tharani........
padam pooja podurathukku munndiye utkandhudum :lol: .......

"And.... u talked about middle-class iyengar girl.... what do u mean by that? Excuse me..........."

kamrajc sir......isn't sada a middle-class girl in that movie????isn't she a Iyengar girl in that movie????so that's y i posted that statement.........