PDA

View Full Version : CHENNAITIES VS PEOPLE FROM OTHER PARTS OF TAMILNADU

trigit
27th April 2005, 04:11 PM
[b]WHY DOES PEOPLE WHO COME TO CHENNAI FROM OTHER PARTS OF TAMILNADU FOR A JOB OR A LIVING (INCLUDING STUDENTS,JOBSEEKERS,YOUNGSTERS,EDUCATED, ILLITERATES) ALWAYS SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT CHENNAI AND MAKE PROUD STATEMENTS ABOUT THERE NATIVE(EVENTHOUGH THEY GET A JOB AND MAKE A GOOD LIVING BECAUSE OF CHENNAI WHICH ISNT POSSIBLE IN THERE HOMETOWN) SO, MY QUESTION IS THIS DO PEOPLE FROM OTHER PARTS OF TAMILNADU THINK CHENNAITIES ARE SUPERIOR TO THEM AND BEHAVE LIKE THIS?

arsenicblue
28th April 2005, 07:40 PM
whingeing about your new home is a global phenomenon.
i guess it is human nature.
somewhere inside we are all trained to compare whatever we come across.
and there is always a preference to the place where we have spent the best part of our lives and we are unable to accept the realities of the new place. just gives an excuse to console ourself.

for eg.. if you were sent to say..delhi..for some reason. would you not do the same thing you are complaining about.

correct me if iam wrong

podalangai
29th April 2005, 04:16 AM
It's nothing special about Chennai. We complain in the same way about any place where the people don't speak Tamil! :lol:

Seriously, people don't come to Chennai because they like it. They come because of the lopsided policies which mean that development and jobs are concentrated in a few big cities while the rural areas go down economically, so people basically have to move. Governmentuda policies maarinaa chennai virumbaadhavar ellaarum sondha oorukku thirumbi poy sukhasiviya angaiye iruppanga.

trigit
29th April 2005, 10:59 AM
yes its a known fact that in TN only chennai is developing and its true that people are coming here unwillingly to make a living but does that mean that they have to badmouth chennai ,the same city which gives a decent living and which respects there education,yes educated people here speak english than tamil ,but this habit is almost everywhere in our country yet the same english speaking skills has brought those american jobs in our country and to be honest all those call center jobs in chennai which requires english skills is filled by chennaities & prople from other metros,and not by people from other parts of tamilnadu as they lack english skills. 8)

TamilenUir
5th May 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I'am a Tamilian from Bangalore. When ever I talk to any of my friends on Chennai they have definitly one thing to tell: "The people of Chennai are very arrogant and rude"..

Our family, we used to visit Chennai and other parts of Tamilnad frequently, when I was young I felt the people of Chennai are very rude, arrogant with my experiences with the auto drivers, bus conductors etc. I felt so as the people in Karnataka, viz, Bangalore and Mysore are very friendly, polite...
During the course of my life now I have realised, there is noting wrong in the way the people of Chennai behave, they are correct, they are assertive, they are hard working. The people of Tamilnad are go getters, they get whatever they want in life unlike others who wait for things to happen.
The goodness, what I thought of the people of Bangalore is more due to their timid behaviour and politeness is not due to maturity - "A Dumb fool is always good".

Let me know what is your personal perception to this...

Chappani
10th May 2005, 12:08 PM
Yes I accept this. The people of Tamilnad are assestive be it anti-Hindi be in demanding Tamil Archanai in temples, they are go getters. The people in other southern states lack this.

HindustaniLadka
13th May 2005, 08:53 AM
-deleted-

P_R
13th May 2005, 01:15 PM
-deleted- Boss ! You couln't be more off-topic.

trigit
13th May 2005, 05:16 PM
Hey please see the topic and post. :lol:

nirosha sen
13th May 2005, 07:40 PM
Uhmmm....I've been to Chennai 3x and have begged to come home soon as possible. Apart from the book-shops, I honestly couldn't enjoy the place.

-deleted- :cry:

HindustaniLadka
14th May 2005, 12:32 AM
Ok, i was only responding to the post that was above mine.

-deleted-
None of the people seemed to be arrogant or rude though. When i was in Hyderabad, i met a few rude people that thought they owned the city.

hehehewalrus
14th May 2005, 02:09 AM
Uhmmm....I've been to Chennai 3x and have begged to come home soon as possible.

If you begged to return home ASAP who asked Your Holiness to grant Chennai your august presence two more times???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cindy
14th May 2005, 02:26 AM
Adapavi!! Exactly where does your loyalty stay, HL?????!!!!

You live in the US and accuse them of starting a Tsunami????? Just how 2 faced can you get?????!!!! :x

Uhmmm....I've been to Chennai 3x and have begged to come home soon as possible. Apart from the book-shops, I honestly couldn't enjoy the place.

-deleted-

:roll: :roll: :roll: So... u can blame ur own soil, but loyalty comes in picture only when u talk about the place you migrated to?...

stranger
14th May 2005, 02:33 AM
Yeah, two-faced here too.

The other face is visible now only :lol:

No offense meant! :)

malligai
14th May 2005, 04:43 AM
HEYYY, "Hindustani" ladka :roll:

//Thank God that there are no anti-Hindi/Sanskrit fools in other states of India. //

Everyone who is 'anti-Hindi/Sanskrit' is NOT a fool ok?..Just mind ur words!!!

//-deleted-//

MODERATORS, HOW COME U MISS TO DELETE ''INSENSITIVE'' POSTS LIKE THIS??

NOV
14th May 2005, 07:42 AM
Guys, please be sensitive when you post comments. After all, "sorgame endraalum, adhu nammoora pOla varumaa?" (Even paradise cannot compete with our home soil.)

So, go easy on outright criticism and try to be positive in your message. You could for instance give suggestions on how to improve on a particular weakness.

malligai, much as we would like to, it is nearly impossible for immediate remedy in cases like this. Usually a PM to the moderators on offending material, would be a useful contribution by any Hubber.

malligai
14th May 2005, 10:41 AM
NOV,

thankss for responding...

nirosha sen
14th May 2005, 12:48 PM
Adapavi!! Exactly where does your loyalty stay, HL?????!!!!

You live in the US and accuse them of starting a Tsunami????? Just how 2 faced can you get?????!!!! :x

-deleted-

:roll: :roll: :roll: So... u can blame ur own soil, but loyalty comes in picture only when u talk about the place you migrated to?...

I'm blaming my own soil????!!!!! :roll: Since when????? Who says what abt soil Pa????? I was only referring to what I didn't like!!! That's all!

Accusing the US of starting the Tsunami is mere propaganda, isn't it??? In other words, there's no hardcore evidence! However, having actually going to a place like Chennai and deciding what is likable or not, is very much my own opinion, isn't it????

To each his/her own Paradise; and I respect that, but nobody says I have to concur with everyone else and wax lyrical if I did indeed found it "disagreeable" with my own disposition!! :wink:

nirosha sen
14th May 2005, 12:53 PM
Nov - You're right Pa!! :D

Criticism has to be constructive!! And people too should be less sensitive if they would like see certain aspects of their dear City change for the better!

I could certainly quote a few examples if I'm heard out, otherwise there's really no need to post more from me, Pa!!!!

Sigh...... :(

gaddeswarup
15th May 2005, 02:30 PM
I studied in Chennai (then Madras), visited a few times later and spent a week last last year in the IIT area. I did not see any major problems apart from traffic and smell of rubbish. Such problems seem to be there in other cities as well. Long ago, on one my first trips to Chennai, a fellow passenger in the train by name Kalyanasundaram decided that I will have problems since I did not know Tamil. He too me to his home, gave me breakfast and later left me at my college.
Swarup

Cindy
16th May 2005, 02:51 PM
Isn't it funny that ppl belong to india after some years living in other developed countires find India to be filthy later, and wish to go back soon to their (step) mother land... but ppl originally belong to these nations come, settle here and serve the so called "filthy" people...(Thank God .. otherwise we wouldnt have got gems like Mother Theresa, Mother of aurobindo ashram, and many like them..)

ANY place has its own plus and minus points.... it all depend on which half of the glass are you looking at ...

I came to Chennai some 4 years back... despite the koovam, and the language... i love this city for its mixed culture, the traditional art, music, temples, ...etc..etc....

Two types of ppl are contributing to all the so called filth.. one is the ignorant type... who never travelled or seen any tidy places but just live around koovam.... and the other is those who doesnt bother..... as long as they are safe and secure inside their houses... there is a very few share of people who struggle against this.... coming out campaining, conduct awareness programs... etc...Onyx is also doing a good job but only some areas.....

If anyone can contribute anything towards a positive change... good..

Otherwise ask yourself if you have any right to say the whole place is bad just because... the streets had trash, the automan quarreled or the hotel you entered dint have a good toilet...

suressh
16th May 2005, 04:47 PM
:)

wow cindy,

that was very positive... :thumbsup:

:)

NOV
17th May 2005, 06:41 AM
Please send the moderators a PM, if you think this topic should be allowed to continue. Thanks.