PDA

View Full Version : THE STORM HAS ARRIVED ' ANNIYAN' BY HARRIS JAYARAJ

rajasaranam
27th April 2005, 07:38 PM
The much awaited album of Tamil film music industry 'Anniyan' by HJ has been released today.
The album is first for Shankar without ARR and he has tried recreating the magic He has done already with ARR. The music claerly indicates what kind of Visual imagery we are gonna get in the movie halls.
Shankar who is a director who solely depends upon visual extravaganza and hyper fiction. He is a modern TRajendhar in creating visuals for song sequences :wink: . The screen will be filled with rich colors accompanied by glamour and glitz. He has the knack of elevating ordinary scenes into larger than life scenes.
Said this lets wait for the movie to get released and see how this will help promoting HJ and his Music.

The Album has all ingredients to become a huge hit in near future If the film is going to be a hit too. Personally i felt 'Enna kandravi paattunga da ithu' in the first listening. But after listening to it a few more times i ve understood this has been the same kind of music for all of his films. the music has to be imagined with visuals, only then it will appeal to us. I cant listen to any of prior albums of Shankar-ARR combo without my mind racing to add on the visuals ive seen. For instance Listening to 'Kappalaeri poyaachu' - Indian, always leaves me with goosepimples all over. thinking about it i know its tied with the beats of the song i listend to in theatre along with looking 100's of artistes dancing to it in unison. For shankar, Songs are a part of his storytelling technique perfectly placed in right time while there needs a break for the Audience/Spectator.
Incidentally this album with its western, folk and carnatic mixture will leave us spellbound while watching them on the screen.
Understanding this HJ has delivered what was needed.

with heavy percussion and some striking interludes in the song 'Andankaaka' is sure to be foottapper of May'2005. The second interlude especially starting off with 'Yela Yela...Ola ola...mma...followed with a brief flute piece is great indeed. The start of the song itself reminds IR With unusual 'Andakka randakka'.. yela yelaa... everything borrowed from 80's Raja Vocabulary, no wonder this song is my pick of the Album :D The song also gives us new style of rendering folk for modern times. I observed this kind of music for the first time in 'Kaadhal' by 'Joshua Sridhar' and now in 'Anniyan' by HJ.This sets a new era for our folk music given in the platter of western POP.

Next comes the 'Iyengaaru Veetu' Azhagi beautiful Carnatic composition. mind it iam listening to most of the songs added with my imagination of Shankar's Picturisation. this song is already in news as being picturised in 'Thiruvaiyaaru' with 1000's of musicians performing live. nevertheless this songs charnams will take you to some locations filled with grandeur and nice choreography.

'Kaadhal Yaanai' Is sure to be in par with 'Shakalaka Baby' though it reminds me of some other song from 'Arasatchi' . The lyrics are full fledged comedy

'Kannum kannum Nokia' Is again a recycle of HJ's Earlier tunes from Saamuraai and 12B hmmm...

'Kumari en Kaathal' Could have done better :cry:

'Stranger in black' solra madhri illa :(

For now 'Andakka Randakka' is in loop in my system and i think HJ could have done better than this, for this could have been a major break for his career. But he was solely dependent on 'Shankar's Capacity to give life for his mediocre scores. Hope Shankar doenst disappoint anybody.

Barring this the industry is waiting for the next releases 'godFather' and 'A AA' by ARR. i have no high hopes on these albums as these directors have nothing to kindle the fire within ARR to comeup with great scores.

RR
27th April 2005, 08:11 PM
http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3137