PDA

View Full Version : SHAH RUKH KHAN IS NOT A VERSATILE ACTOR!!!

knightracer81
28th April 2005, 08:23 PM
Shah Rukh is certainly not a versatile actor!!!! If he is a great actor , he should get at least one National Award. Well its not the think abt the National Award . He always has the same image in all his movies - the same oh cho cute ...cho chweet stuff!!!!!!!!!!

The same romantic stuff in all his movies. He also tends to overact !!!! I was laughing when I saw him do the emotional and shocking scene when the boy dies -in ASHOKA.

His got attitude. thts all. The only outstanding movies I feel of his are
Darr, Bazzigar, Anjaam, DDLJ , Devdas, thts it. He has overacted to the core in Ram Jaane, Duplicate, Baadshah, the list is long. He BUYS his Filmfare awards.

For 2000 FilmFare awards, when Hritik Roshan got maximum awards.... Shah Rukh was given Critics award for PBDH OR SOME MOVIE EVEN WHEN SANJAY DUTT DESERVED IT 100% FOR HIS MINDBLOWING PERFORMANCES IN MISSION KASHMIR AND VAASTAV. ANIL KAPOOR FOR PUKAR. BUT ANIL WAS REWARDED THRU THE PROPER WAY WHEN HE GOT HIS NATIONAL AWARD FOR PUKAR.

FOR ZEE AWARDS 2003 , WHEN HRITIK GOT BEST ACTOR KMG , SHAH RUKH GOT SPECIAL WARD FOR KAL HO NA HO . THE THING IS EVEN WHEN BEST ACTOR PRIZES ARE GIVEN TO OTHER ACTORS , SHAH RUKH WILL ALWAYS GET SOME CONSOLATION!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!! Salman was GOOD in TERE NAAM

FOR 2004 AGAIN SHAH RUKH IS GETTING AWARDS FOR MAIN HOON NAA , VEER ZARA , THE USUAL SAME STUFF. EVEN WHEN AMITABH Bachan GAVE EXPLOSIVE PERFORMANCES IN Khakee, Dev.
Akshay Kumar was excellent in Mujse Shaadi Karoge and Aitraaz and even Khakee.

Now I have understood one thing, even if any actor acts superbly in any movie , he will never get an award as long as Shah Rukh Khan has a release that year. Tch tch very bad. No wonder AAMIR KHAN DOES'NT BELIEVE IN AWARDS!!!!!!

knightracer81
29th April 2005, 01:32 AM
Sanjay Dutt was awsome in Munnabhai MBBS and still , he didn't get any award in 2003!!!

Surya
29th April 2005, 08:33 AM
He was not award meterial in MB MBBS.

sid
29th April 2005, 05:00 PM
For me Sanjay Dutt in munnabhai was easily the best pick of the year.
Yes I agree on Shahrukh.He is an overestimated over hyped actor.he has gone stale with himself in all his recent movies.

m_23_bayarea
3rd May 2005, 02:00 AM
The one clear case of award-fixing I thought was when Salman dint win it for Tere Naam, but SRK got it for Kal Ho Na Ho...That was really bad !!

ramsri
3rd May 2005, 11:48 PM
yeah, well if you thought THAT was bad, what about the Best Actor he won for "Dil To Pagal Hai" ?!! one mad mayhem of a film ... i'm sure yash chopra is kicking himself for making a film like that (well, maybe he's not ... after all, it raked in the moolah like few films have ever done) but seriously, though ... what a stupid pick for the filmfare award - after all, what was the movie trying to say -
A triangle is equal to karishma loves shah rukh loves madhuri - this is geometry the way they certainly don't teach you at school !!

HindustaniLadka
4th May 2005, 12:28 AM
Are you joking?

Both Kal Ho Na Ho and Dil To Pagal Hai were very good. They were taken well, had good music/dancing and had decent storylines. But, i ahve to admit, i hated the ending of Kal Ho Na Ho.

nickraman
4th May 2005, 03:20 AM
SRK SUCKS!!!!! Ramesh Aravind PWNS HIM! He can't act and I like the part in KHNH, when he got the heart attack and when he dies!

and his part in Hey Ram! awesome, the best of them all!

HindustaniLadka
4th May 2005, 07:26 AM
How you look at SRK depends completely on personal opinion. But seriously though, if he is so terrible, why is he the most famous actor in India right now? All his movies are guaranteed hits at the box office.

nickraman
4th May 2005, 08:07 AM
Think Rajni thatha's image....

ramsri
5th May 2005, 03:52 PM
Are you joking?

Both Kal Ho Na Ho and Dil To Pagal Hai were very good. They were taken well, had good music/dancing and had decent storylines. But, i ahve to admit, i hated the ending of Kal Ho Na Ho.

not my intention to start a debate about whether or not Dil To Pagal Hai was a good film, but just out of curiosity - do you think shah rukh khan's performance in that film had the depth or the sensitivity or the focus that deserves a best actor award?
please don't tell me he won it on the strength of his so-called charisma - i've seen other shah rukh khan movies where his performances have been filled with far more flair/charisma/appeal/whatever-you-want-to-call-it than this one.

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 06:36 PM
How you look at SRK depends completely on personal opinion. But seriously though, if he is so terrible, why is he the most famous actor in India right now? All his movies are guaranteed hits at the box office.

Well....I hav diff. opinions abt SRK vs. those abt his movies....
I think hez indeed quite a versatile, honest-to-goodness & 'modest' actor today comp'd to most of the others who just seem to project their 'macho image' on/off screen & showing off their biceps/muscles as their sole talent! :P
On the other hand, abt his movies, well....suffice to say I don't find them terribly exciting (Devadas for eg. was good w/ regard to his performance but then I feel tat it rather hyped up, w/ most of the actors' performances/scenes in gen. exaggerated beginning to end!).....
and curiously, nearly all the movies he acts in hav to hav loud, flamboyant Punjabi songs/bhangra (only!) w/ scores of ppl. in flashy/glittery clothes dancing all around him! :P
I did hear tat Swades is quite good, tho! Still hav to see it......been int'd to ever since I heard the storyline! Maybe I cud one day on TV..... :D

knightracer81
9th May 2005, 03:41 PM
WELL HIS MOVIES ARE GUARANTEED SUCCESS ONLY BECAUSE OF MARKETING AND PROMOTING HIMSELF AND BECAUSE OF KIDS AND GIRLS!!!!!

His movies are hits not because of his acting skill , but because of his image which according to BUSINESS TERMS IS "GOODWILL".

KIDS LOVE HIM AS WELL AS THE GIRLS.... THEY DON'T JUDGE HIM ON THE BASIS OF ACTING , THEY JUST GO AND SEE A MOVIE , TO SEE HIM. IF THE MOVIE IS A CANDYFLOSS ROMANCE TYPE...THE BETTER.

WHEN IT COMES TO HARDCORE ACTING, A PERSON WHO HAS THE PASSION FOR ACTING WILL ALWAYS EXPERIMENT AND TAKE UP DIFFERENT ROLES AND WILL SELDOM REPEAT HIMSELF. BUT SHAH RUKH KHAN IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE FOR A GOOD BUSINESS MAN WHO MAKES HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES!!!!

HE HIMSELF HAS TOLD IN A MAGAZINE THAT HE SEES HIMSELF AS A COMMODITY. SO IS SHAH RUKH A GOOD ACTOR...NO!!! BUT HE IS A GOOD BUSINESS MAN.
NOT ONLY SHAH RUKH , MANY OUT THERE HAVE NO PASSION FOR TRUE ACTING , THEY ARE JUST HERE TO SHOW OFF AND MAKE SOME MONEY.

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:27 PM
SRK is a great actor coming even close to the great Amitabh

yall are dumb