PDA

View Full Version : The best recent carnatic themed tamil cinema song?

Lankan-Flava
3rd May 2005, 06:36 AM
Immediate choices that came to mind were:

"Malai Mega" - Desam composed by A.R.Rahman

"Raa Raa" - Chandramukhi composed by Vidayasagar

"Iyengaaru Veetu Azhage" - Anniyan composed by Harrish Jayaraj

For me it was a tough one between 'Raa Raa' and 'Malai Mega', both songs are amazing, but "Malai Megha" has to be the one. The song enlightens the spirit, takes it so high by the end of the song you would think you were riding on the spiritual waves of Lord Rama. It has so much power, especially during the end of the song, the composition creates such a festive atmosphere. The song is beautifully picturised as well, for anyone who hasn't seen Desam/Swades, listen to this song and it will make you watch it.

Sudalai
3rd May 2005, 07:44 AM
the song gopika sings in Autograph...

Sudalai
3rd May 2005, 07:46 AM
Aalanguyil koovum kuyil..
isai nyaanam suthamaa kidayaadhu enakku.. :)
but.. idhuvum nallaa irukkum...

svaisn
3rd May 2005, 10:31 AM
The Sindhu Bairavi songs
Salangai oli

thumburu
3rd May 2005, 12:02 PM
"Ra Ra" composition should be credited to the Kannada film MD Gurukiran

dinesh2002
3rd May 2005, 12:46 PM
thumburu,the Kanada version of Raa Raa is a total different 1,listen to it a musicindiaonline,anywayz,the best carnatic once should be

1.Soukiyama - Sangamam
2.Marghazi - Sangamam
3.Kannado Kanbethelam - Jeans
4.En Veetu Tothatil - Gentleman

oooppps...hehehe again all ARR songs,btw,i will ge the non-arr list soon!!

Dragun
4th May 2005, 12:23 AM
Good songs, dinesh2002, but they're not recent :-)

TISK
6th May 2005, 09:03 AM
Dont forget 'kanaa kandenadi, kanaa kandenadi' from that rikanth movie!

MumbaiRamki
6th May 2005, 10:36 AM
what about vizhium vizhium from Kana Kandain movie ?

scorpio
6th May 2005, 11:34 AM
I heard a song -Noothanaa, nee noothanaa, saadhanaa, nee sadhanaa yesterday. Should be from a latest movie only. Very nicely rendered carnatic based song. Dunno the movie though.

RR
6th May 2005, 04:00 PM
I heard a song -Noothanaa, nee noothanaa, saadhanaa, nee sadhanaa yesterday. Should be from a latest movie only. Very nicely rendered carnatic based song. Dunno the movie though.
It's from 'Karka kasadara'. Sounded like Gambeera Naattai.

dinesh2002
6th May 2005, 05:11 PM
i think Theenda Theenda - Thulavado illamai is an excellent track from YSR during 2001.... lately i didint really listen to any songs came in carnatic base songs,untill Anniyan i guess!!

jannurannu
17th May 2005, 09:53 AM
I think Raa Raa is a good choice.

vijayr
17th May 2005, 10:34 PM
This genre of songs has become almost extinct in TFM. Some recent noteworthy ones I liked:

Aalanguyil from "paarthiban Kanavu" - combined class and appeal.

VeeNa vaaNi - Ponmeghalai(IR) composed by IR.
- the movie was never going to make it, but the songs were a mini-treat to listen to. Unai thedum by Bombay Jayashree was also good.

Ennai enna seidhaai, kaNNan nee endhan - both by Sudha Raghunathan from Ivan composed by IR

The above are authentic semi-classicals, not just weak raga-based songs like the recent Anniyan numbers.

prabu
18th May 2005, 01:17 AM
What raaga is "Raa Raa" from Chandramukhi? Is it Ananda Bhairavi?

prabu
18th May 2005, 01:18 AM
What about "Margendeya nee varuvaya" from New ? Also Spiderman from same movie has pinch of carnatic in it..

thumburu
23rd May 2005, 03:22 PM
The last best Carnatic based songs are
"siru siru siragugalil" in keeravani and "idhu varai naan oru pazhaiya manidhan" in Chandrakouns , both from the disastrous Konjipesalam. I esp like the former by UnniK . Its charanam is tight and well structured which testifies the hallmark of a classy composition by IR.

rajdes
23rd May 2005, 06:00 PM
vijayr, spot on. Thanks for reminding me about Pon Meghalai - classy stuff, that.

rajdes
23rd May 2005, 06:04 PM
vijayr, spot on. Thanks for reminding me about Pon Meghalai - classy stuff, that.