PDA

View Full Version : Universe

Deep_Secrets
5th May 2005, 03:45 AM
I was reading about galaxies, Milky Way etc the other day and have some questions that the book didn't answer, well not in a way that I would understand it :wink: .

Does the Milky Way include all the nine planets including the sun or is it just a galaxy?..stars, etc?

Could there be more solar systems out there besides our own?

Amazing really, so big is the universe...like in sunspots, 3 earths could fit in one of them.

Here's another one...how do astronomers determine that a big ball out there is a planet and not a moon? Couldn't a solid planet like Pluto be a moon like its moon Charon? How did they know that (Pluto) wasn't a moon as well? Or is it that a 'planet' orbiting another is its moon? :?

Does anyone think that there is an end to space? What would be outside of it it there was an end? ...God, heaven, hell? Maybe the space is a humongous planet with other small creations in it... like a crystal ball of God :lol: ... Sorry if that pokes some non-believers. I hope the word god doesn't urge anyone to start posting in here their views instead of in Evolution/Creation thread.. :P I am not interested in a debate :P

I wonder what kind of sounds there are in space? Explosions, scary noises as planets rotate? Is there any recording of space sounds?

Will be waiting for responses...http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html...a site for those interested in and awed by the universe.

gaddeswarup
5th May 2005, 10:27 AM
Perhaps you can try Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything", Broadway for some answers. It is very readable and won the 2004 Aventis prize for popular science writing. it also has a number of references. Regards,
Swarup

Deep_Secrets
5th May 2005, 12:12 PM
Perhaps you can try Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything", Broadway for some answers. It is very readable and won the 2004 Aventis prize for popular science writing. it also has a number of references. Regards,
Swarup

Thanks Swarup, that must be a very informational book. Sounds good.