PDA

View Full Version : Vasool Raja Song - Kalakka Povathu Yaaru

sivasweb
8th May 2005, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know that the song Kalakka Povathu Yaaru from Vasool Raja MBBS is from a Greek album ???.

It came on the OMNI TV (Canada).

Bharadwaj copied exactly including the two interludes.

vincent
23rd June 2005, 10:05 AM
ITHELLAM MUSIC-LE SAGAJAMMAPPA!!!!! :wink:

multinamatheyan
24th June 2005, 05:06 PM
Siva,

Do you have the details of the greek album? Just curious.

How's Ottawa treating you?

njv
24th June 2005, 07:12 PM
99% of the songs now a days are copied. Exceptions are IR, ARR and to some extend VS.

Yesterday I was watching Sachin (please dont ask me why, I felt sorry - except Vijay and vadivelu, everything else in this movie is wrong) and I hated the MD because he think he can abruptly copy and survive. ALL THE SONGS AND BGM had been copied (not influensed). If you watch the movie, you will see the beat from "Raja Rajadhi raajan engal raaja", from "Enai Kaanavillaiya Kaatrodu" and you name it.

Bharadwaj is known for copying south american album
Sirpi copies Iranian album and nothing else (Authentic)
HJ copies ARR, but not directly but the influential song for ARR himself.

ARR and IR also have heavy influence of other albums, but they dont copy (well frequently atleast).

If you didnt listen to "Music Journey by Illayaraja", try listen to "Veetukku Veetukku vaasappadi venum" song. If you think it is no big deal, an ordinary "dappaanguththu" song, then you must listen to this. It is Mozart's symphony 25 - used by ARR for Titan Watch ad.

Like IR said, "music enbathu oru siththu velai - 7 swarangale thirupi thirupi ungalukkae theriyaadha maathiri kodukkarathuthaan music" - and recently since I have been listening to all songs almost 10 hrs a day, I agree with IR completely.

vijayr
25th June 2005, 02:35 AM
Those in US might catch an ad for Sonicare toothbrush. The brief instrumental music played in that ad is ditto that of the prelude of "poo vaasam purappadum" from Anbe Sivam - remember the haunting prelude? VS had already lifted from Enigma the short prelude to "vaa saki vaa saki" from Arasiyal, so this was'nt totally surprsing

multinamatheyan
25th June 2005, 04:48 AM
njv,

I sincerely believe that the current crop of MDs is god's punishment to those of us who accused ARR of copying in the early days.

Little did I know then, that the word COPY was going to be given a whole new meaning by the 'next generation' of MDs.

I am a totally transformed man now. I enjoy ARR very much:-)

njv
25th June 2005, 04:54 AM
Yep, when IR was down ARR raised to the occasion. Now with his other commitments and TFM's continued bad luck he is not giving much for TFM also.