PDA

View Full Version : Anybody affected PSoriasis Skin Problem?

selva_rang
8th May 2005, 11:22 PM

Chappani
9th May 2005, 05:21 PM
Hello Selva,

My Sister has been affected with this dreaded disease for more than 12 to 13 years now. Sadly this has struck her when she was around 23.. the most crutial part of her life and is still suffering for the past 13 years.
She has tried out all sorts from Ayurvedic, Allopathic, Homeopatic, Nati Vaidyam but not of much help to her.
I would appretiate if you can provide with some info on the latest medical advancements in this. Is there any therapy/medicine that has cured this or reduced?? flood me with more info.

Thanks and regards,

selva_rang
9th May 2005, 07:11 PM
Hi,
Actually I am also taking Siddha treatment only. I have tried all sorts of medicine. It is not getting cured. But siddha I can control for some extend. But we have use this for life long. As of now we don't have any remidy for this disease. It is not cured for me. I will let u know incase if get any procedure. If u beleive in god ask her visit one time to Sriperumpudur Ramanujam Temple.

In case if you come to know any remedy , do contact me with the following mail id selva_rang@rediffmail.com

Rgds
Selva

Girish11
10th May 2005, 12:19 AM
Hi,

I have been having this problem for a few years but it is
somewhat under control now, I am not taking any medication
for this now.

I had it in my hand, i.e the palm, fingers etc. When I approached
a dermotologist, I was prescribed a capsule "Neotigason" by
"Roche", I had to take this capsule, approx 4 a day and then
the dose kept reducing and if I remember correct, last when
I was taking it,it was once a day or once in alternate days. The capsule does have its side effects such as peeling of skin in different pats of body, loss of hair etc and not recommeded to take for a very long time, the effect of this capsule remains for
several months even after you stop taking it, so while
planning a baby etc one MUST stop taking it for a few months
before planning.

The above capsules had helped me keep things under control,
the cracks disappeared, the skin actually becomes very soft
while using it at the same time very sensitive. Later, I had
approached dermatologist Dr.Sivakumar, I think, in chennai,
I was recommended usage of other medicines, plus some
creams, plus exposion of the affected area to Sunlight or
UV rays for 10 minutes after taking some tablets which I never
did being lazy. I took the medicines for some time, used the creams, stopped later, it has been over 2 years now since I
stopped.

The problem is not 100% under control, but it is under control
for a good extent, the only thing remaining now is
uneven skin growth around the nails, peeling in this area
but it does not look ugly, so I prefer to leave it at this
than to consume too many drugs.

In short, to start with Neogtigason, bring things under control,
later continue with other drugs seemed to work in my case,
but all this has to be done strictly after a consultation with
a good dermatologist because firstly the dosis of neotigason
which is a very strong drug has to be decided by the
dermatologist regarding how many capsule one should take
in a day and gradually the reducing of the quantity etc shall
be decided by the dermatologist.

Above is just for your knowledge, please do not just buy the
capsules and use them, you can talk about above with your
doctor and act according to your doctors recommendation.

Thiru
11th May 2005, 08:23 AM
Please stay away from a cream by the name 'ELIDEL'... FCC has warned that this cream could cause Cancer in the longer term...

gaddeswarup
13th May 2005, 06:02 AM
I had it since 1970 and as far as I know there is no complete cure . Some Homeopathics claim that they can cure it but it seems to be a risky business unless you go to a very established doctor (One lady I met in 1973 told me that her father was completely cured with a homeopathic treatment after suffering for 25 years. Her husband Professor Viswanath used to work in Madurai University, Mathes Dept. I am not in touch with them; I think they moed to hyderabad later). My own experience is that tensions increase it (after bumpy flights to Shillong, mine used to flare up). I had accute attacks around 1990 and after ultraviolet treatment for a month or so it has not flared up again. I generally use mild treatments and try to keep it under control. At one time I used Elladi coconut oil (avaialable in many cities in India and made by Warrior brothers in Kerala). Now I apply Johnson's baby oil after shower. Apparently applying oils preserves some moisture and helps in mild cases. When it is a bit more acute, I apply Betnovate. Apparently ancient Ejyptians used to apply some oil and sit in the sun. In acute cases people may be hospitalized. About five percent deelop psoriatic arthiritis which is difficult to treat. I developed that too around 1982 but it seems to be under control since 1992. Smoking and drinking is supposed to bad, but I smoke and drink once in a while. From my experience, reducing tensions, leading a regular life helps at least in mild cases. Basically try to ignore it and it may ignore you. Regards,
Swarup

Thiru
13th May 2005, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know how different Atopic Dermatitis is from Psoriasis?? What are the symptoms for psoriasis?

rajraj
13th May 2005, 07:26 PM
Thiru,
Try merckmedco.com where they discuss diseases!