PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Pages : 1 [2]

hehehewalrus
12th January 2005, 03:27 PM
remind me to tell some great real life stories of snakes later in the week :)

blahblah
12th January 2005, 03:29 PM
Walrus
[who has never seen a live snake all his life]

Don't you own a mirror? :twisted: :D

jaiganes
12th January 2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,
again I thank walrus and nirosha for encouraging words.
As far as significance of snakes in mythologies goes, except the christian mythology all ancient religions believe snakes to be symbol of fertility. The naaga pradhishtai(installation of snake idols) in temples which someone was earlier referring to is done by childless couples to clear naaga dhosham. Since i am a city bred guy, my snake encounters are not that scary. What is scary are dreams about snakes. Again most of the inputs on dreams are from my mother. Most general pattern of dream is about a snake that chases you. Well most of us are scared and wake up before the snake bites or we run away from scene or better still another dream sequence interlaces and takes over. My mother says, that if you have a dream where the snake coils around your legs, then you are in for some trouble as it signifies shani (Lord saneeswara) starting to dominate your life. In such a dream, the best result is snake after coiling around or chasing you manages to bite!!! That means that lord shani is going to do something good in your life!!! So keep it in mind the next time you dream about snakes. in hindu mythology, snakes are very prominent and are considered to be feminine force (again ancient pagan symbol of fertility). So you see lot of goddesses as naagaatha, or nagamma. In karnataka, snake is a symbol of Lord Muruga (no wonder as he too is a symbol or God of fertility). In fact the famous site of pilgrimage in Karnataka Kukke Subrahmanya, you would be surprised to see a snake hill (paambu puthu) instead of any idol of Lord muruga. Snakes are also a symbol of ejuvenation and eternal youth, again as a result of their shedding their skin periodically. In Mahabharatha, the last scion of the pandavas Raja parikshith is cursed to die of snake bite and despite all his efforts he gets bitten by a sarpa that is so small as t ofit inside a lemon and dies. More famous death due to snake is that of Cleopatra who again as per shakespeare commits suicide by letting her hand into a pot containing a viper. I do not know what is the significance of a dream in which a person is engulfed by a boa constrictor or a python.??? :!:

NM
13th January 2005, 06:42 AM
WALRUS!!!!!! :evil: :evil:
That was good one....I had a good laugh this morning!! :lol: :lol: No, my dear, unfortunately my brother's name is not Nagaraj! Come to think of it, it suits him...... :twisted: :twisted:

Jaiganesh:
Good post abt the snake. I, too, have heard abt the snake dreams..so many different versions! :roll: :roll:

mellon
14th January 2005, 05:40 AM
MGR was a fire-brand Pa!! He weaved in social messages in between wooing the lovelies!! Now who could surpass that, mmmm????? :D :D :D The man gave us fantasies to die for!!!!!

I cannot believe a non-tamilian could admire about em see aar. That is sure more interesting than Ghost story to me :roll: :roll:

Educate me about the "fantassies to die for" please?? :lol: :lol:

nirosha sen
14th January 2005, 05:48 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehewalrus
14th January 2005, 10:47 AM
I cannot believe a non-tamilian could admire about em see aar. That is sure more interesting than Ghost story to me :roll: :roll:

whats wrong about a mallu admiring another mallu? :) Didnt you know MGR was mallu? :?

blahblah
14th January 2005, 10:50 AM
Correcting walrus:what's wrong about a Mallu's wife admiring another Mallu? :D

nirosha sen
14th January 2005, 02:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: - entho hilarity here???? Real comedy court, Pa!!!

hehehewalrus
14th January 2005, 05:12 PM
While I have never ascribed anything to hallucination, prefering to wait and watch for first hand evidence, I wonder if Shakti and other "snakophobes" are just over-reacting due to a morbid dread of snakes. To begin with, in my early childhood, I was scared of snakes after hearing several snake stories. One ten year scared the hell out of me, saying that a guy killed a snake and its mate chased him over land, sea, railways, roadways and finally killed him :) It spooked the living hell out of me! When I'd wake up in the middle of the night, whenever I close my eyes, I'd feel as if Parallel lines(like snakes) were moving inside my eyes...I'd avoid closing my eyes and keep staring at the nightlamp till I doze off in tiredness.
During those days, our tenant used to tell us that our own house had about 20-25 snakes in the vicinity, since it was in a deserted place surrounded by bushes and not a house in sight. When I was 10, we shifted to the same house and I have never seen a single snake all my life still :) I'm curious about snakes and ghosts both of which I STRONGLY believe to be false. Maybe if you show me a snake I might want to touch it out of curiosity :)

But for ghosts, please report me any haunted places. Since I STRONGLY STRONGLY believe that when a person dies, the body decomposes in a day or two, I dont accept the possibility of ghosts. When we were looking to rent a house, my friends mentioned a house where the previous occupant committed suicide and the owner was renting it cheap, I jumped at the opportunity and badly wanted to grab it. If I am shown a haunted place, I would definitely want to spend the night there - definitely keep the lights on, have cameras and watch :) I am really interested how a nonphysical form can generate physical power and harm anyone...
How did ghosts look like? If they resembled the dracula-types in movies, then most definitely it is a hallucination.

Since the time my faith in God increased and I started feeling Him as a companion whom I talk to, realising by theory and practice that Bible says the greatest danger to a man is the corruptness of his own mind, much more than any external physical danger - my fear of snakes/ghosts/harmful creatures vanished totally, at the worst I might have a dream of not studying well in an exam and wake up :) Then I'd look at the clock, tell myself "I'm quite a cautious guy, such things cant happen for real to me, let me sleep tight wihtout worrisome dreams now".

Walrus
[who is scared of Caterpillars though]

mellon
14th January 2005, 08:43 PM
whats wrong about a mallu admiring another mallu?

Walrus! sollaththaan ninaiththEn vaayirunthum vaarthaiillaamal thaviththEn. mallutta namakkethukkuppA loLLunu paarthEn. aanaal, nAn ninaiththathaiyE, nIngaL "azhagaa" sollivittIrgaL. Walrus vaayukku sucrose (allathu aspartame) thaan pOdanum.

See, now, the poor Walrus become my "bullet-proof" to save me from the mallu-queen NS. :roll: ithu eppadi irukku? :roll: :lol:

blahblah
15th January 2005, 11:32 AM
While I have never ascribed anything to hallucination, prefering to wait and watch for first hand evidence, I wonder if Shakti and other "snakophobes" are just over-reacting due to a morbid dread of snakes.

If I am included among the Snakophobes,I am seeing a lot of snakes from my childhood.I have great interest in them and have travelled more than 300 kms many times to see live King Cobras.One of my friends keep cobras in his real estate office.Imagine the shock of clients when they see what is under their seat. :D

I can be sure that snakes do not remember past atrocities and chase people from one part of the world to another with vengeance in mind. :D There is another misconception that there is a species called 'Chera moorkhan'[cross breed of a rat snake and a cobra].Arthur Conan Doyle has made a blunder when he narrated how Dr.Roylett has trained an Indian Viper to come back when it hears his whistle.Snakes can only sense someone through the sensors under their belly and not actually hear them :) .Snakes do not attack people on purpose.

So much for the snakes.An innocent beast portrayed villain by all mankind along with their holy books. :roll:

hehehewalrus
16th January 2005, 03:53 AM
mellon,
:)

There is another misconception that there is a species called 'Chera moorkhan'[cross breed of a rat snake and a cobra].Arthur Conan Doyle has made a blunder when he narrated how Dr.Roylett has trained an Indian Viper to come back when it hears his whistle.

Dude your recollection is amazing :) Are you referring to the The Speckled Band case in the case book of Sherlock Holmes?? Thats my favorite Holmes story of all time!!!!!! Must have narrated it to atleast half a dozen people :)

blahblah
16th January 2005, 07:20 PM
Dude your recollection is amazing :) Are you referring to the The Speckled Band case in the case book of Sherlock Holmes?? Thats my favorite Holmes story of all time!!!!!! Must have narrated it to atleast half a dozen people :)

Walrus,You don't easily forget something you have read atleast 20 times,specially when its a Sherlock Holmes Story :wink: .

nirosha sen
16th January 2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I do concur with Walrus on your erudite knowledge of Snakes, Blah-Blah!! I am most impressed!! But nevertheless, I remain serpent-phobic for as long as I can remember. To make matters worse, my phobia has also landed me in plantation life, where they roam ever so freely and it is us, who have to tread carefully!!

Anyway, considering which thread I am right now, I am reminded that it's time to complete my "Under the God Tree" soon!! :)

pavalamani pragasam
16th January 2005, 09:24 PM
I too liked that story :D

pavalamani pragasam
16th January 2005, 09:28 PM
I meant "The Speckled Band" :!: (Simultaneous posting reveals the lack of precision in my previous posting :( )

hehehewalrus
16th January 2005, 11:12 PM
Walrus,You don't easily forget something you have read atleast 20 times,specially when its a Sherlock Holmes Story :wink: .

alrite, now go ahead and add 1 to the scoreboard :D
http://www.bakerstreet221b.de/canon/spec.htm

Coincidentally, the post on speckled band was your 221st and your initials are b.b - 221B?? :twisted:

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 09:17 AM
Under the God Tree

In our compound, is a humongous mango tree that stands like a silent sentinel to greet and guard all that is within its presence. It is a towering 10 meters in height, perched on a high mound of earth, a stone's throw from the bungalow we lived in.

This is a tree that holds one in fear and awe for it has its own dark history!! The magnificence of its wide, stretched out canopy, with its dark green foliage, holds any onlooker spellbound!! For beyond its towering presence, was something far more sinister. In the paleness of a moonlit night, the shadows it casts itself, leaves one breathless with apprehension!

The story of the tree was told to us in hushed tones and whispers only, for none dared to raise their voices for fear of being heard by the unseen resident who lives in it!! But the full story of this tree only came to light when Kitchan, the old timer who came to do some odd jobs around the compound, came by one morning.

Kitchan had lived in the same estate for as long as he can remember!! Right from the old colonial days when it was the British planters who had occupied the bungalow where we now lived. Kitchan used to be house-boy, when he witnessed the old gardener planting the new mango sapling in the foreground of the compound. That was nearly some 40 years ago ..........

Continues....

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 09:22 AM
Continuing the God Tree .....

Unknown to many, Muniandy the gardener, was a practitioner of the Occult!! He desperately needed to control the White Manager's household so as to create a dependance on him as old age was catching up with him! With his retirement in sight within the next few years, Muniandy needed to act fast. So, he devised this plan of conjuring a spirit which had been roaming the fringes of the estate land and infiltrated the bungalow with its presence!!

Soon, strange happenings began to take place in the White Manager's household!! Things were moving on their own, pots and pans started rattling in the kitchen and the worst was of course, the disturbance to the occupants of the house itself!! Adults and children were pulled and thrown out of their beds as they slept, in the middle of the night!! Strange apparations were also seen that left everyone fearful! Even in broad daylight, things were flying in mid-air that left everyone just way too terrified to continue living in the house!!

In desperation, the Manager sought the help of the Kanggani to resolve this problem!! And on the pretext of helping out, Muniandy wormed his way in ..........

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 09:37 AM
Though Muniandy was quite smug in his knowledge of sorcery, he however, was no match for the willful entity that he himself had released into the bungalow. That's right folks, the plan backfired!! Though he had tried his utmost to convince both the Kanggani and the manager of being able to re-capture his erstwhile "pet", he had to concede defeat in the end!!

All this while, Kitchan the house-boy, had observed silently the comings and goings of the various mediums who had tried to have a pow-wow with the said entity into leaving the bungalow, but to no avail!! It was then, that he realised that he indeed knew of someone who could perhaps be of help.

After work, one weekend, Kitchan and his father, quietly left the estate and made their way to a nearby village where a medium of a good reputation, held regular seances to help people. Now, this particular medium was no mean sorcerer but a disciple of Appan, a manifestation of the many roles of Bhairavan, the terrestrial keeper of Lord Siva's faith!! It was to him that both Kitchan and his father, whispered the problems to.

With a solemn promise that he would indeed help to end the misery of the family of the bungalow, Kitchan and his father went back to the estate to gain permission from the manager. Weary but still hopeful, the manager immediately agreed to the terms and conditions that had been imposed earlier by the medium from the temple.......

Continuing.......

On a Friday morning, the medium and his entourage made their way into the Manager's bungalow. After a tour of circumnavigating the bungalow and its surrounding acreage, the medium made his way towards the young mango sapling and looked at it long and hard. Closing his eyes, but seeing through his other sharper sixth sense, he knew who the culprit was; who had recklessly conjured the entity and was now trembling with the fear of retribution, standing beside him. But given to being a man of compassion and forgiveness, the medium held his tongue and got ready to do his job of re-capturing the entity from the bungalow!

sonu gopi
17th January 2005, 10:19 AM
Niro - glad you're continuing with your tale now! For a moment I thought I missed it. :rotfl:

Due to the Tsunami Disaster everyone was so involved in it - thus the delay in finishing your story! Am I not correct? :roll:

SONU GOPI :wink:

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah Sonu, I just couldn't concentrate on what to me is a frivolous past-time, while people were fighting for their lives and what's left of it!! Perhaps, some normalcy has returned to some of our lives but for many others, it is still a nightmare ...... :cry:

Be glad to continue just yet ...... :)

jaiganes
17th January 2005, 12:36 PM
Good work niro!
Good going on the story! Looks like you will beat even endamoori veerndranath in narrating ghost stories!!!

jaiganes
17th January 2005, 01:58 PM
Hey guys, wondering what the heck is a ghost atleast according to hindu religion, follow this interesting link for the details http://www.sanskrit.org/Rites%20of%20Passage/ancestors1.html

In Hindu belief system, the only ritual a person cannot escape is the rituals done to free a spirit from its body to the abode where it should reside in (Pitru loka). It is also said that a person who performs all the last rites of a dear one departed will benefit from the blessings of the departed soul. My mother has told me of interesting real life incidents involving guardian angels who forewarn approaching calamities or announce a good omen. Will share with you all later after Nirosha has finished her on going story.

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 02:48 PM
Through his mind's eye, the medium knew why Muniandy had planted the mango sapling in the foreground of the compound. It was to serve as a kind of tethering post for the entity, when Muniandy makes a grand show of capturing the Djin, for that's what it was, and to have his very own pet to hold the manager to ransom!! It was indeed the plan that now lay in ruins before, the now trembling gardener!!

As per the promise extracted, the estate management agreed for the medium to put a small shack next to the sapling. Here he quickly got down to work to put a Vanguard on that knoll to overlook everything within the radius of a few hundred meters. Moulding an efigy from a handful of clay, he placed it in the interior of the shrine and chanted his prayers to give the little idol, its powers! Following that, he garotted the neck of a rooster and holding it dripping with blood, he walked around the compound of the bungalow and finally walked down the slope towards the labour lines below. There just before the shrine of the local Kali-amman, he stopped in his tracks!! After which the medium made his way back to the top of the knoll, where the bungalow is located, and released the now dead chicken!!!

Following this strange ritual, he proceeded to have a prayer at the shrine where he served several cigars, a bottle of coconut toddy and some salted fish!! After which, he lit the lone wicked lamp in the wooden shrine, and instructed the staff present to keep the light going for the next 39 days!!

Henceforth, every Friday, Kitchan made it his duty to light the lamp as per the instruction of the medium. And what had happened to the Djin in the bungalow in the meanwhile??? Well, strangely all the disturbance stopped just as soon as the light was lit in the shrine under the sapling!!

Years later, Muniandy too passed away as did Kitchan's father. The management too has changed paving the way for more and more Asian managers to occupy the bungalow. Knowing the history of the shrine and that it was meant to be a guard, none dared to disturb it!!

Many had claimed to have seen apparitions descending from the tree in the wee hours of the night. Old timers like Kitchan swore, to have seen a tall figure with shaggy mane that reached down to the knees, striding down the knoll with a staff in one hand and the glow and smell of a lit cheroot wafting in the air!!

When we moved there a couple of years ago, ground rules were laid out for us too!! We were not to disturb the lighting of the lamp in any way! We were not to allow the kids anywhere near the shrine. Though, the tree produced some of the most luscious mangoes, we were not to attempt to pluck any fruits ourselves but to pick only the ones that's dropped on the soft, springy turf below.

As for us, we judiciously followed the rules and kept out of harms' way. The last thing we needed was to incur the wrath of you know who!! Following our warning to our kids, they innocently named the tree as "the God Tree" and kept away too!!

One evening however, I had an experience that sent a chill shivering down my spine! It was twilight and I had taken a short walk out of the bungalow into the cool evening air. As I rounded the driveway closer to the tree, there was nary anyone in sight, except for a strong smell of cheroot!! I automatically quickened my steps and made my way home before it dawned on me as to who could have emitted that strong cigar aroma!! And it was a Friday evening too .......

Care to guess, anyone????

hehehewalrus
17th January 2005, 03:22 PM
Ms.Sen, plz let us know if the story is real or not :)

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah Walrus! The tree is real all right!! Still stands tall and mighty, and still puts a cold hand through the heart whenever I think about that tumultous Friday evening!! :shock:

And yes we did enjoy the mangoes albeit picked from the ground!! The estate folks however, are immune to its ahem charms?! :)

nirosha sen
17th January 2005, 06:25 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay Folks : Please lend me your eyes!! (Which you normally do)!!

Our Moderator has very kindly asked me, if I would like to consider migrating this thread to the English Literature Section???

What do you all say???? Think it's a good idea???? Let me know, okay?????

Surya
18th January 2005, 05:42 AM
Hey guys,
Here's one, please don't come after me if you don't like it. :D

Surya
18th January 2005, 05:43 AM
It had been a very bad night. The rain was blasting away and the wipers and lights were hardly worth the trouble. It had been a sudden rain, and I failed to check the weather report. That had been stupid of me. It should have been a priority. I was considering this bit of stupidity when I noticed the man. He was little more than a blur in the night. He stood beside the road with this thumb extended, a sloppy leather hat washed down over his face. For some reason I had a gut urge against it, but I had picked up hitchhikers in the past, and was not overly sensitive to the fears generally associated with them. Not me.
I pulled over just past him and braked. He would have a distance to run because I had hesitated a bit before stopping. I didn’t back up to make it easier for him. I sat and half reconsidered. There was something about this guy that bothered me. Perhaps it was just the surprise of seeing him out in this kind of rain, but then again it had been sudden. It had taken me by surprise, why not him. Nothing mysterious in that.
I put my arm over the backseat and looked through the rear glass. In the fuzzy, pink glow of the brake lights I could see that he was a huge man, made to look all the larger by the blurring effect of rain and light. Rain and light or not, he was larger than I was. If he meant harm…
I had considered too long. The deed was done. In one smooth motion the door was open and he was sliding wetly against the seat on the passenger’s side. Cold wind and rain blew in with him.
The overhead light, the brief instant that it glowed while the door was open, showed him to have a leathery, Native American face. Hawk nose, high cheekbones, a full but hard mouth. His age could have been thirty or fifty. He had that kind of face. The coat he wore was thick and ankle length, the wet blanket odor of it carried in with him. His leather hat drooped and dripped water.
Something about him made my skin crawl.
He shut the door. A car went by, tires whining, cast its lights across my Plymouth, winked on and away. The man said, “Thank You.”
Simple enough, but I almost went through the roof of the Plymouth. The words were kind, but that voice…
I managed to reply kindly enough-some nonsense about where are you going, the usual chatter, and his answers were civil…but that voice.
Another car went by with its tires singing and threw water against my door with a sound like scuttling claws. I checked the rearview and pulled back into the highway.
The man sat silent, hands in his pockets…perhaps he was plotting…waiting for the right moment.
Hell, I told myself, and gave that part of my brain that frightens so easily a few mental lashes. Look straight ahead and drive carefully, I thought. Don’t be silly.
But my gaze wandered often to the stranger, and on one of my peripheral glances I saw that he was staring at me.
Just sitting there like a big wooden doll with its head cranked my way. His hands were still buried deep in his pockets. I wondered that those pockets contained. A razor? A knife? A gun?
With as much calm as I could muster, I took my right hand from the wheel and rolled my fingers together in a manner that suggested that I was trying to shake cold or numbness from them. That didn’t keep my hand from trembling as I casually dipped it into my GI jacket, traced my fingers over the fine, bone handle of the razor I kept there.
Now! I told myself.

With one swift motion I brought the razor out, flicked it open as I leaned away from the wheel towards him. It’s expertly honed edge caught his throat and passed through, deep. The man fell against the door.
I closed up the razor and put it away, pulled the car over to the side of the road, got out and rushed around to the passenger’s side. I jerked the door open and dragged him out on the roadside. His throat was a scarf of blood now.
I used his hat to clean a few drops of blood off the seat, then checked his pockets. No weapons. Christ! I was getting jumpy as of late. This damn weather.
I got his wallet out and picked the two dollars out of it and slung the wallet as far away into the blackness as I could. I got my camera out of the backseat floorboard and took a few flash shots of him for my collection and put it away. They probably wouldn’t be among the best pictures. I put the camera away and went around to climb in behind the wheel.
Laughing at myself, I started up the Plymouth. He hadn’t been a bit different than the others. A piece of cake. “To hell with your imagination,” I said aloud and drove away from there trying to shake the chill of the rain.

nirosha sen
18th January 2005, 06:13 AM
Geez Surya!!! :shock: You freaked me out totally, man!!! What an outcome to your story!! Oh my God, where did you get that piece of heart stopper from???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's your opinion abt my announcement ???? No comments?????

Surya
18th January 2005, 06:20 AM
Thanks!! Its a true story. Just one of the many things that that I've done during the long, cruel, depressing, rainy season here in The Bay Area, California. Just kidding. :wink: Or am I? :twisted:
Sure, English Lit seems like a good place for the thread. :D

Regards. :twisted:

blahblah
18th January 2005, 10:56 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay Folks : Please lend me your eyes!! (Which you normally do)!!

Our Moderator has very kindly asked me, if I would like to consider migrating this thread to the English Literature Section???

What do you all say???? Think it's a good idea???? Let me know, okay?????

This thread?In the literature section?No way.It will discourage people from coming out with real life stories[like I plan to do :lol2: ].They will feel insulted if you call it literature :banghead: .

nirosha sen
18th January 2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah I agree with you Blah-Blah!! :D I mean I know I like to embellish my stories a lot (ahem, ahem), but no way it could pass for Literature Pa!! I mean to hang out with the rest of the denizens of the Literary world, gives me cold feet, Pa!!

And so I shall take your words as the Gospel Truth and return triumphantly to Nov, with a firm NO THANK YOU and stay put!! :wink:

jaiganes
18th January 2005, 11:53 AM
Surya gave me the darna manaa hai creepy feel to the story. Nice bit of misdirection thrown in. To start with the story was very impersonal, revealing as little detail as possible (eg., we get to know that the vehicle he is driving is a plymouth only half way through the narration. Even the place becomes clear only after we read 'Native american'. Nice bit of narration. He has got the talent to write good stories. I will not dispute whether it is a real story or not??? :? As blahblah said and nirosha affirmed, English literature would not be the right section, but I have an idea of a running story, a story whose each episode has to be written by a different person. Ideally it should be a horror or detective story. What ya guys have to say? 8)

jaiganes
18th January 2005, 11:54 AM
maybe we can start that chain story in English literature section...

nirosha sen
18th January 2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Jaiganesh !! Sounds like fun Pa!! Gets everybody's creative juices going!! Just like those numerous tele-serials everybody, including me, is hooked on to!!

Matter of fact, I did suggest it to Radaan productions to allow viewers' participation in writing some of their episodes, but sigh.... no response Pa!!

Give your story a shot Pa! Could start with......."It was a dark and stormy night.........." :roll: :D

madhu
18th January 2005, 12:24 PM
a chain story... ????? :D
detective... :shock:
horror... :evil:
fearsome... :mrgreen:

:thumbsup:

waiting.... :clap:

hehehewalrus
18th January 2005, 02:49 PM
Guys, plz send personal messages to each other so that this thread does not go off the track!! a humble request.
Lets maintain the topic afresh so that people are not dissuaded from posting by the deviant flow of the discussions.

hehehewalrus
18th January 2005, 02:53 PM
Will do my bit to pull this on track.

This one is for blahblah and the snakophobes :)

The Week in 1996 featured a story on Paambu Omana in some Keralite district. apparently she has been bitten by some 50+ snakes all her life. Wherever she goes, she gets followed by snakes and bitten in the end(sic) - am not making this up.

Am sure the snake-conscious blah blah or the news-savvy Cinefan will illuminate us with more info on Paambu Omana :D

jaiganes
18th January 2005, 03:00 PM
Anand - 28 a software crime thriller

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1419

- edited -

jaiganes
18th January 2005, 03:04 PM
Sorry walrus! I jumped the gun.
Anyways, that was my starting of the story. I hope someone will pick up the thread and continue that. Let us continue the relay thread parallel.. Thanks.

sonu gopi
19th January 2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah I agree with you Blah-Blah!! :D I mean I know I like to embellish my stories a lot (ahem, ahem), but no way it could pass for Literature Pa!! I mean to hang out with the rest of the denizens of the Literary world, gives me cold feet, Pa!!

And so I shall take your words as the Gospel Truth and return triumphantly to Nov, with a firm NO THANK YOU and stay put!! :wink:

Hope Nov gives you the green light - but why did he suggest the English Literature section in the first place? Causing some inconveniences?? :roll:

Its very comfortable here though!! :P

nirosha sen
19th January 2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah Sonu, Nov has indeed given the green light to carry on with our tales!! For that's what they are and certainly would not merit as serious literati!! :D

NOV
19th January 2005, 11:20 AM
Hope Nov gives you the green light - but why did he suggest the English Literature section in the first place? Causing some inconveniences?? :roll:

Its very comfortable here though!! :P

Sonu, no inconveniences. Was just thinking of streamlining discussions.
At the end of the day, it is your call - discussants will decide what they want. So this thread will remain here. Happy? :lol:

sonu gopi
19th January 2005, 12:08 PM
Sonu, no inconveniences. Was just thinking of streamlining discussions.
At the end of the day, it is your call - discussants will decide what they want. So this thread will remain here. Happy? :lol:

Yes Sir! we sure are!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks!! :wink:

SONU GOPI :P

blahblah
22nd January 2005, 02:26 PM
Walrus,I can't remember the case.Anyway I was not in Kerala in 1996.
Recently the 'Nammal Thammil' show on asianet highlighted such cases.Some participants claimed they were repeatedly[some times dozens of times] bitten by snakes.I can't offer any explanation for this as I feel they are not being truthful.Sometimes in snake infected areas you see people being bitten many times[though rare]. My mother was bitten three times-once by a cobra and twice by krait :cry: .
If some one says that snakes are targetting him or her and he is bitten 60 or 70 times,well,I am not going to believe it. 8)

I know one snake lover who was bitten 26 times by poisonous snakes.The famous snake charmer,'pambu Velayudhan',died from a snake bite. :(

Cindy
22nd January 2005, 03:16 PM
There was a lady in the above TV Show (Nammal Thammil in Asianet) who claimed that she had many snake bites and fearing them ..she went to her daughter who lived in Bangalore.. and a snake (where she says... the daughter or her neighbors have never seen a snake before) came from the nearby wall just to bite this lady... how sad (funny)... :huh:

blahblah
22nd January 2005, 04:54 PM
Well guys enough of snakes,right?

Here comes an incident which happened just last year in an office in Bangalore.I heard about it from a gentleman who was present through out the funny game.Now though I do not want to offend any particular community,some facts will be revealed.

There is a Tamil girl of 13 or 14 who had some psychological problems[her name ends with 'Sundari',but I can't remember what Sundari she was].Her main symptoms were fear of almost everything,a little bit of sleep walking etc.Being illiterate and poor
the parents were forced to accept the 'findings' of local pastor who invented enough proof for demon possession.

So it happened that an embarrassed little girl found her way into this God's own office to get rid of the demon. :rotfl: Three pastors along with two 'prayerwarriors'started praying,shouting and chanting things in English which the girl couldn't understand and she really got scared.At this time she called out 'Appa',which made the unfortunate girls mother conclude that the spirit of her dead father in law was the culprit.

This decided, the pastors started to chase out the spirit.The spirit was asked to go out of the girl.Since the room was on the third floorand she was covered on all side by the other people in the room,the girl asked how to 'go out'.To this one pastor shouted 'Get out through the window'.The girl was again confused at this response.Finally after one hour,the gentle men gave up and advised the mother to take her to a psychiatrist.

Now you may wonder why I came out with this.But I will come out soon with a case which I witnessed some years back where another girl acted in an abnormal way,but was cured in a curious way. :wink:

nirosha sen
22nd January 2005, 08:08 PM
Uhm, Blah-Blah????? :roll: What was the story about????? :shock: Is there more to it or is that the gist of it?????

Sorry, I'm am a bit addled after reading it, Pa!! :lol:

r_kk
23rd January 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi blahblah,

Your posting on demonic pocession is very interesting. :lol: : :rotfl:

Then, I have some thing to say about stories based on memory of snakes... i.e., snake tracing a person ever after few months/years...

I assume that the memory of snake is not high but our memory and identification capability of snake is very poor. If someone says they had seen the same snake after few months or years, there is greater possibility the recently appeared snake might be entirely new one.

23rd January 2005, 05:35 AM
If some one says that snakes are targetting him or her and he is bitten 60 or 70 times,well,I am not going to believe it.

blahblah, guess who gave us this story? The Week :)

blahblah
24th January 2005, 11:19 AM
If some one says that snakes are targetting him or her and he is bitten 60 or 70 times,well,I am not going to believe it.

blahblah, guess who gave us this story? The Week :)

*,Did you mean 'the weak'? :lol:

Nirosha,You may not be familiar with these pastors who are dying to get 'spirits' out of innocent people and earn a name for themselves.Most of the times the 'possessed' people are illiterate or under educated. :roll:

I remember an incident where one of the pastors involved in the above incident was involved.The malayalee girl, 20 yrs old whom they were trying to free from the 'demon' turned towards him and said,"Joseph Saare,Innu pipinte chottil vechu....?"[Joseph Sir,do you remeber what happened today near the water tap],and gave him a nasty smile.While all his friends started looking at him suspiciously,the embarrassed pastor claimed this was the trick of the devil to malign him and shouted at the girl,"Po Shaitane".Many of his friends didn't seem quite convinced about the 'devil's trick story' after the session. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams"[Mary Ellen Kelly]

nirosha sen
25th January 2005, 05:39 AM
Blah-Blah - "Pipe-inde Chottil Vechu????" Did he keep something there or got something in return at the pipe-stand????

Eenum mansala-vila, Pa!!

hehehewalrus
25th January 2005, 07:55 AM
Nirosha,
Pa is used by Tams and not Mallus!
Punishment: Count the number of Pa's you have uttered in this forum! :lol2: :lol2:

blahblah
25th January 2005, 10:54 AM
Blah-Blah - "Pipe-inde Chottil Vechu????" Did he keep something there or got something in return at the pipe-stand????

Eenum mansala-vila, Pa!!

Oh come on Nirosha,The girl was accusing the guy of doing 'something' to her near the water tap.It is usually the women's job in South Indian cities to go and collect water from the public water taps.But occasionally a 'gentleman' sneaks in[Guess what ,I can't be more clear as I find it very difficult to make you understand.].This time the man was this widely respected Pastor.

sonu gopi
25th January 2005, 07:51 PM

Eenum mansala-vila, Pa!!

Oh come on Nirosha,The girl was accusing the guy of doing 'something' to her near the water tap.It is usually the women's job in South Indian cities to go and collect water from the public water taps.But occasionally a 'gentleman' sneaks in[Guess what ,I can't be more clear as I find it very difficult to make you understand.].This time the man was this widely respected Pastor.

It simply means this respected pastor was trying to be fresh with the girl near the tap. This is very common with most of the religious gurus irrespective of race or religion using the name of God to achieve their desires! :evil:

SONU GOPI

nirosha sen
25th January 2005, 07:56 PM
Oh!! Angenne-oh samacharam???? :wink: Now I understand, what might have taken place, Pa!!

Thanks Blah-Blah Saare and Srimathi Sonu!! :D

sonu gopi
25th January 2005, 08:00 PM
Nirosha,
Pa is used by Tams and not Mallus!
Punishment: Count the number of Pa's you have uttered in this forum! :lol2: :lol2:

It doesn't matter who uses it Tams or Mallus - its just her style - let her be, Maa!! :lol: :lol:

nirosha sen
26th January 2005, 09:11 AM
THE GINGERBREAD BOY

This is the story of Rani and her addiction. She is 25 years old and a mother of a year old child. Rani's husband is away at sea most of the time, as he works in a merchant ship. So, most of the time, she's left alone with her child at home, to live her life as a regular house-wife.

Rani's problem is her insecurity of losing her figure. Eversince, she had the baby she's been obsessed with keeping her pre-pregnancy figure. So most of the time, she's careful abt what she eats and tries to keep fit with some exercises. But, it still wasn't enough and would go around scanning the supermarket shelves, newspapers, magazines and the informercials on TV, on any kind of quackery that passes off as instant prescription to an ideal model-like figure! With only her child for company, there was no end to her obsession!

In her neighbourhood, a new neighbour moves in. At first Rani, was disinterested in the new neighbour's life who happened to be another 25 year old housewife and Malay. As Rani began to chat with her new neighbour Aini, abt post-natal treatment etc; for the body, her interest was piqued abt a middle-aged Javaneses lady who frequents Aini's house. On enquiry, she was told by Aini, that the "Makcik' who frequents her every month was none other than a Masseuse!!

It is a known fact, that amongst the Malay populace, masseuses are very much sought after to treat post-natal women to regain a good figure. Seeing how slim Aini was, the already body-conscious Rani decided to give the masseuse a try as well............

nirosha sen
26th January 2005, 01:52 PM
Convinced that Aini's figure was worthy of emulating, she quickly beseeched her to make enquiries abt including her in the clientele.
Eager to earn more, the masseuse agreed to massage Rani as well and duly made an appointment to visit next.

And so it was from then on, the masseuse kept her appointment of visiting Rani on a monthly round, and earned a tidy sum in both cash and other donations in kind! However, what started out as a feel good therapy in physical well being, soon turned awry! The first few months of massages, went very well for our Rani and kept her spirit and body well buoyed up!! She felt good and energetic and swore that there was indeed improvement to her figure and posture. But after the 3rd month, Rani began to feel strange pulls and aches in her muscles and spine! Sometimes, the pain was so unbearable, that she had to call the masseuse again to "unravel her twisted muscles" as the masseuse would wont to say!! Believing every word the woman said, Rani increased her appointments with her!!

After a few months of this new therapy in her life, Rani's sister-in-law paid her a visit. Enthusiastic of having another female's company at home, Rani was most welcoming and regaled Jamuna, her sister-in-law, of the wonders and prowess of the Javanese masseuse's magic fingers!! Now, unbeknown to our dear Rani, Jamuna was not that gullible a fool!! For one thing, she had a special gift of being sensitive enough to see entities that the normal human eyes don't!! Jamuna sees things thru her mind's eyes all manner of beings that tread the netherworld!

So, when Rani's next appointment with her masseuse was due, Jamuna too was at home and was introduced to the Javanese Makcik as the next client!

In the meantime, Jamuna had her suspicions that there was indeed something more to the masseuse's personal skills than mere fingers at work!! So after a preamble of introductions, the masseuse ordered her to lie down on the single bed, fully unclothed for her massage session!!

Rubbing her hands with some home-made unguent, the masseuse splayed her fingers on Jamuna's ample figure and began to knead her flesh like so much dough! Then and there, a picture formed in Jamuna's mind eye of a little dark figure!! It was shaped like a cut-out sillouette of the Gingerbread Boy, straight out of the famous children's fable! Perched on the masseuse's shoulder, it had a glowing blue halo as the backdrop and equally glowing red eyes, held wide open and kept Jamuna mesmerised till the masseuse had finished kneading and pummelling her body!

So, eventhough Rani knew of the special gift that Jamuna had, she was still unconvinced about the little effigy and to this day remains a faithful disciple of the Javanese masseuse, addicted to the core!!

blahblah
28th January 2005, 01:16 PM
Good one Nirosha.Now hear mine.

The incidents I am about to narrate happened in the Alleppey district of Kerala about 15-16 years back.I have witnessed only parts of it,and was only a little boy and can't reach a conclusion but I will leave the job to you all. 8)

There stays my Uncle along with his 5 children in a beautiful little village on the shores of a lake[I think it is the Vembanadu lake].Their neighbour had a little girl,just two or three years older than myself.The story starts when one fine day she started displaying unmistakable signs of mental illness. :(

She wandered around unchecked,her facial expressions changed suddenly and become quarrelsome and disrespectful to elders.That was whern she started denying her own identity and saying that she was some one else.Now that she comes from a good family and she was a very good girl otherwise prompted the parents to take her to the psychiatrists,which anyway hardly helped.

I was on vacation during this time and heard about the incident.I can tell you how horrified I was to hear that there is a 'Pretham',just 200 mts from our house.None of my cousins ,though all of them elder than me, will pass through the mud road infront of the girls house after dark as they claimed that she used to scare them hiding in the dark :shock: .And that appeared to be her favorite passtime.Though her parents always tried to keep her indoors,she frequently managed to get out.

I had my first experience from the 'ghost' the very second night.We were having our daily prayer in the night around 10 pm and suddenly a lot of things started happening.The bathroom door banged noisily,stones were pelted at the roof and some mud thrown into the room.We all took refuge in the inner room,while the uncle went out to have a look,but couldn't find anything. :?

I can tell you most of us didn't sleep well that night. :D The next morning uncle complained to her parents,but they claimed that she wasn't out during the night.That night he made sure that she was locked in,by personally going to their house.The night was peaceful,but we were urged to pray loudly.The next morning she was wandering around our plantations and uncle asked her why she was there.To this she said," 'WE' had come there in the
night".Uncle said we didn't hear her.To this she says,"When 'WE' came you were all praying .So we couldn't come in".Uncle asked her who she is and she cooly says ,"Njangal ezhu perundu.Njangal aa paala marathil aarunnu thamasam"[There are seven of us.We were living on some tree] :shock:

The next day we were playing outside.I heard a loud curse from the Uncle and turned back.This girl of 14 or 15,slim and weak was carrying a large wooden box which belonged to the Uncle's dead Aunt[which was heavy anough to be carried by two able bodied men] as though it was a loaf of bread and was running towards her house.My Uncle managed to get after her and forcibly took the box from her.

Again,another day,we were playing and the ball went off to the back of the house.Two of us,including me went to fetch the ball and there she was!Standing there as though she was expecting us and glancing at us mischieviously,nastily.Myself and Antochettan,my cousin ran for our lives.

I wasn't fortunate enough to witness the latter part of the story,as I had to go back.But I heard that she threatened my Uncle not to mess with her affairs.She continued to offer surprises when they least expected.Time passed,may be a couple of months and her situation worsened.

My Uncle had suggested her to be taken to the local church[which is very famous in Kerala-thousands come there every year for blessings from the Virgin Mary] which is situated next to the lake.[Some of you will know which place I am talking about :wink: ].It was difficult to fetch her to the church by a small boat,which was the only mode of transport,as she struggled a lot.

The then priest who was called 'Chekuthan Achan'[The demon priest :D as he was said to have the powers to cast out evil spirits] is said to have prayed for her while she was shouting and struggling all the time.My cousins and Uncle witnessed all this.After the prayers she said she wanted to use the toilet.Three women relatives were sent with her.As she didn't come out for a long time they forced open the door.Guess what they found there-The unconscious girl beside what looked like a white ball.On closer examination,it proved to be a half boiled egg with blood spots on the yolk. :?

Since then she wasn't troubled by this problem and our little girl is now married,have two children and lives happily in one of the Gulf countries.Her name I can't disclose,but it starts with 'A' and since then it has become the practice of local mothers to silence their children by saying,"stop crying or else 'A....' will come.And I have seen that it works in those parts. :wink: :D

nirosha sen
28th January 2005, 03:47 PM
:) Good One Blah-Blah!! I'm sure you'd come up with more Kerala country-side stories over time, Pa!!

Mmmm...onnoo maathrum mansalavilla!! From naga- kavum, how did you move to the Achaayan-mar's (Syrian Christians) peculiar stories????? Are you one, yourself??? :) Just curious, Pa!!

Now, let's brace ourselves for the thread's famous Doubting Thomas, H to the power of 3, Walrus!! :lol:

hehehewalrus
29th January 2005, 12:24 AM
hey blahblah
i think i have seen Chekuthan Achan in a program in Asianet :) This was way back in 1997.

(BTW, my comment on you and lalbagh is kidding obviously :lol2: :lol2: )

Querida
29th January 2005, 01:54 AM
wow blah blah that really was a intriguing post...i have always been scared since young of possessed ppl because since childhood i have heard many stories about this from friends and family...nothing fascinates and equally appalls me...i know the typical story told to me by most is of the gurl who totally hates guy(mostly cause he's 30 years her senior,shady, abusive, a practicing polygamist) so his mother comes and gets her to dine on some food brought just for her...then she goes all nutty only wants to be with that guy...then has no recollection of the event and suffers from weird maladies throughout life...

hehehewalrus
29th January 2005, 01:59 AM
Reminded of an episode from Addams family or Simpsons or even Scooby Doo:

A spook invites the family to a haunted home to be his guests and goes to cook. The kid in the family discovers a book in his closet "How to cook humans" and sounds the alarm. The spook returns wipes the dust and shows the title to be "How to cook for humans" and grins.
The kid wipes more dust and the title becomes "How to cook forty humans".

nirosha sen
29th January 2005, 10:01 AM
:rotfl: Walrus!!! Whatever will we do without your ascerbic sense of humour, Pa???? Always a smile just for you, when I sign off ..... :lol:

Querida
29th January 2005, 10:31 AM
[quote="hehehewalrus"]Reminded of an episode from Addams family or Simpsons or even Scooby Doo:

well maybe that was the Scooby Doo version hex3walrus but this is the correct version :P

it was the halloween special from the Simpsons where they were abducted by aliens and Lisa is the one who questions why they are being fed whatever they desire...and through some nosy hunting she finds this book...it is only after blowing off all the space dust does it reveal the title..."how to cook humans" to finally show "how to cook for forty humans" ...yeah i just unwittingly revealed im a die hard fan of the simpsons... :P 8)

blahblah
29th January 2005, 10:45 AM
:) Good One Blah-Blah!! I'm sure you'd come up with more Kerala country-side stories over time, Pa!!

Mmmm...onnoo maathrum mansalavilla!! From naga- kavum, how did you move to the Achaayan-mar's (Syrian Christians) peculiar stories????? Are you one, yourself??? :) Just curious, Pa!!

Now, let's brace ourselves for the thread's famous Doubting Thomas, H to the power of 3, Walrus!! :lol:

Nirosha,I am an Achayan and a very good one at that. :D :twisted: Thought you would have guessed by now.

hehehewalrus
30th January 2005, 12:34 AM
Querida,
thanks for the correction. that episode was way way back in 97 I think. Simpsons is the grossest cartoon of all, I hate it :evil:

So..joined any cannibal clubs lately? :)

Surya
30th January 2005, 12:35 AM
You don't like the Simpsons? :o
I don't watch it anymore, but when I was younger I, actually the whole school used to be crazy about it. I guess it's HS humor. :D

Querida
30th January 2005, 11:28 AM
well the new episodes really do suck...but i remember episodes with classy lines, witty satire and actually entertaining plots...plus like Surya said i think i was just caught up with the whole popularity of it...well there's got to be something good about it since there are uni courses totally based on the philos of the simpsons...that's one mickey mouse course u don't wanna miss :roll: :P

scorpio
31st January 2005, 05:05 PM
Hi,

This was one of the threads I was reading almost daily. I find Sonu's and Nirosha's contribution ebbing slowly. Why don't you all entertain and enlighten us more ???

blahblah
31st January 2005, 05:23 PM
Hi,

This was one of the threads I was reading almost daily. I find Sonu's and Nirosha's contribution ebbing slowly. Why don't you all entertain and enlighten us more ???

I was wondering the same!Of late these ladies are not having dreams at all!So I am forced to come out with something, which I dislike,as I am a poor narrator of events myself. :cry:

scorpio
31st January 2005, 05:35 PM
Well, I have a share of my incident to tell you all!

This is a real life incident that happened to my sister. My sis had a NDE ( Near-death experience) recently and is still recovering from the mental shock it created.

One morning, as she was attending to her household chores, she suddenly felt dizzy and fell down. She said she felt like floating upwards and could see her body lying down in the floor. She wanted to be back but somehow realised that she is DEAD!! :cry:

She could see her husband who was trying to wake her up and crying as she was not responding. She felt like travelling in some tunnel at a great speed much against her wish ( well, she is only 27) and suddenly she felt a push and entered back her body.

She woke up fully drenched in sweat and shivering only to see her husband holding her in his lap and crying over !! :shock:

I wasn't present as she experienced this when she was in Sydney ( she is here on a vacation). As this happened on the day they were to take delivery of their new Toyota, she felt this as a bad omen but anyway, her husband went ahead and bought the car and thankfully, they are fine...

Sonu / Niro - Any such NDE or OBE (Out of the body experience) tales ???

Cindy
31st January 2005, 05:43 PM
But Sonu chechi.. I see you online...

nirosha sen
31st January 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that Scorpio! It was good!! Near-death events are not new but unfortunately only a few of us have had such experiences. It would be nice if it came from the "horse's mouth" of a real life event!! :)

As for Sonu's and my contribution, well it's always there whenever we have time to sit and type a nice long write-up, Pa!! Meanwhile, we'd like to hear from the rest of you!

Will try to interview more folks abt their experiences for me to summarise here, in the meanwhile!! :wink:

sonu gopi
31st January 2005, 10:20 PM
One morning, as she was attending to her household chores, she suddenly felt dizzy and fell down. She said she felt like floating upwards and could see her body lying down in the floor. She wanted to be back but somehow realised that she is DEAD!! :cry:

She could see her husband who was trying to wake her up and crying as she was not responding. She felt like travelling in some tunnel at a great speed much against her wish ( well, she is only 27) and suddenly she felt a push and entered back her body.

Sonu / Niro - Any such NDE or OBE (Out of the body experience) tales ???

Hi Scorpio!

Every word your sister said I went thru' but it was not death experience but following someone and then coming back into your own body. Yes, you are light as a feather and you can see yourself floating - your legs wont touch the ground - like there was no gravity pull. PPl might think its all our imagination...thats why sometimes I feel its best to keep quiet instead of disclosing it.

I went thru a major operation (cervical spondolosis- C3 & C5 region -head) and I was travelling in a tunnel too and I saw a light at the end of the tunnel and I saw someone waiting for me at the exit....but I think I can't disclose this any further 'cos this concerns some religious deities.

I am not a religious person but I do believe in God - I do not observe any virthams or carry out penance....yet I am able to see. I take it lightly ....I have seen ghosts too (which I am afraid) but the rest I just take it as it comes.

All I know is that I made thr'u that op - which the doctor said was 50-50 - either I would die on the op table, come out paralysed or if I am extremely lucky would be able to get up and walk later as though nothing ever happened. I know I cheated death and came out perfectly alright - I would call it a miraculous escape with the help of some powerful energy.

They believe that if its a dead soul waiting for you - that is the end of your story - but mine was simply beautiful and I am now healthy as a new born babe sharing my experience with the Forum Hubbers!!

hehehewalrus
31st January 2005, 10:30 PM
hey sonu gopi, welcome back :clap:
- too lazy to return the questions in ur email, its just a few lines, will respond soon :)

nirosha sen
1st February 2005, 05:58 AM
Sonu : You really must sit down and compose your experience in more details, Pa!! Yours was definitely divine intervention at work! Will love to hear more, since your story is definitely from "the horse's mouth"!! :) So do find the time and let's hear it, okay??

scorpio
1st February 2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks Sonu for recalling that!

After hearing from my sister, I browsed the net and found hundereds of similar experiences. Though my sis did not find any soul / deity guiding her, many experiences said they had someone along just like u have mentioned.

While talking to a Medium, I came to understand that people with 'Pitha' naadi are more prone to experience such supernatural happenings than others ( there are 3 types of naadi, Vatha, pitha and Kaba, i suppose). May be u r one of that kind. The medium said she is also of that type and communicates with the 'other' world as easily as she speaks to any human.

My sis also mentioned that she could hear her dead MIL on rare occasions. She is definitely a sane person and not a sicko and I can only sigh at myself for not able to feel or recognize any such things!! :cry:

r_kk
1st February 2005, 12:31 PM
Dear Scorpio,
There are scientific explantions too. For seeing spiral rings, bright tunnel, difficulty in getting up during such experience and images that had been seen. But I can't explain in this thread since this thread is not meant for analyzing such experience.

I also read such story in Vikatan about a "Patti-old lady" few years back who had multiple experience. It was very interesting to know the objects which she had seen... Have you read that article?

scorpio
1st February 2005, 12:35 PM
Hello r_kk,

I dont recall the vikatan thing.

Will be nice if u can post it.

I am interested to know the scientific explanations too.. If u don't like to post here, can u PM me??

r_kk
1st February 2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Scorpio,
I didn't care to keep the copy of that article or note the pubished date even though I remember the content. I will try to check and send it to you if available.

I will also try to send the scientific explantions of such events as PM when I get some time.

nirosha sen
1st February 2005, 01:18 PM
rk - You really must share the contents of that magazine, Pa!! If not here, I cannot think a better place, can you???? :D

r_kk
1st February 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi,
I have to search all the last two year vikatan issues. If I find then surely I will post it here or send as PM. Without having the article on hand, I don't want to write here from my memory.

Akash
15th March 2005, 06:38 PM
This is a true story recently happened in Mumbai at a known place in Dadar

Read this true story...and let everybody you know in and around
Mumbai...especially Dadar .........

My friend lives in Borivali... One day he went to Dadar to visit his uncle for some days as his parents had to attend a wedding in Delhi. One evening he and some other of my college friends went to Sterling for a movie. He had so much fun that he forgot that it's very late. He caught the last local bus to Dadar ..... he reached Dadar around midnight ........... & He had to walk about a mile from the bus stop to home ... As he was walking alone, he could sense that the night felt very creepy as it was so dark. While walking, he was astonished to see an old creepy looking guy selling
some books. It was a very unusual thing to see a thing like that .........

It got the shivers on him when he noticed that this old guy is unusually pale and staring at him... The old guy said "Son why don't you get a book...it would keep you company". Then he did something which he would regret for the rest of his life....... My friend started to act brave & thought why not& had a look at his collections... My friend's hair started to rise up as he noticed that all the books were related to supernatural activities...but he found one that was very interesting. So he asked the old man "how much is it,uncle?". The old guy replied, "Well son...this is
an interesting book...it's only for Rs 250. My friend was shocked and said "but...but...it's expensive..." This time the old man stared which freaked my friend. My friend quickly checked al! l his pockets & found Rs.200 & said "This is a! ll I have." The old guy replied "It's ok son ...you can have the book for that price" As my friend was just about to run for home...the old man called back & said "Son ... whatever happens, you don't ever flip the book to it's last page... remember these words or you would
regret...!!!!!" My friend nodded and never looked back ....... Reaching home...

he quickly asked his Uncle whether there was any new old book seller nearby? The Uncle replied "not that I know of but ........we've heard that there's 1 old man comes once in a while during full moon nights but heard that there is something creepy about it...why son?" My friend freaked out... he told his uncle "nothing uncle...just asking". He started reading the book & with the old man's words on his mind. At night,12 0'clock, as he went to bed, a gush of wind blew which chilled him up to his bones. At that glimpse, he noticed the wind had blown the pages to its last page. He remembered what the old man has said !!!!!!! But we humans tend to have the tendency to try and know more than we ought to know. Out of curiosity, very fearfully he flipped through the pages. And then he re ached the last page & as he read it he fainted... What he saw at the last page is stated below:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
BOOK FOR SALE!
Original Price: Rs. 20
Promotion Price: Rs. 10

Querida
16th March 2005, 01:12 AM
Ayyo! :lol: And here i was thinking ohhh why is he flipping to the last page....oh no oh no :o

a.ratchasi
16th March 2005, 06:19 AM
Akash, you better not stop running, alright!

scorpio
16th March 2005, 12:42 PM
Akaasu,

Enna nakkala??

How I miss Sonu Gopi's Pei kathais now -a-days??

Niro,

Why dont u atleast spin some stories here??

Badri
16th March 2005, 12:45 PM
Niro is missing in action pa...not seen all of today!!

Akash
16th March 2005, 03:32 PM
Come on guys, Aunt got so many busy works!! she is helping every one by suggesting problems to the problem!

And she is so good, she is changing the Aavatar often... What's there to hide, "I'm her FAN" :P

blahblah
16th March 2005, 05:07 PM
Akash,while I am agrat admirer of this thread how come you picked it up from the archives?Substitute for Mandakkai,brother? :roll: :roll:

Roshan
16th March 2005, 05:10 PM
she is helping every one by suggesting problems to the problem!

:lol: :lol:

Akash
16th March 2005, 05:23 PM
blah blah, Come one!! whats there if you pull or i pull!!
Lets just pull some one's leg!!
Seems, you miss mandakkai a lot!!

First, i nominated Mandakkai for Greatest Hubber so far, thread!! Think, he is around in some other name!!

blahblah
16th March 2005, 05:29 PM
blah blah, Come one!! whats there if you pull or i pull!!
Lets just pull some one's leg!!
Seems, you miss mandakkai a lot!!

True Pal,I miss him a lot,but you fill the vacuum to a great extent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait for the prairie's week to be over at the 'roast the hubbers thread'. :wink: :twisted:

Akash
16th March 2005, 05:33 PM
Still runner, think you r really fond of FUN :poke:

blahblah
16th March 2005, 06:02 PM
My avtar is inspired by yours.I coudn't find a better one,Pal :wink:

Akash
16th March 2005, 06:05 PM
You make me feel as NIRO!!

NIRO:: "These guys are crazy about my avatar, Pa" :P :P

Hey what a smile you got man!! as if you c Mandakkai in the early morning!!

scorpio
16th March 2005, 06:08 PM
Akash,

Possible pa, I bet BlahBlah saw Mandangi's extraordinarily beautiful face many times and much more than Mandangi himself saw!

Probably, he would have put it as his screensaver or would have stuck on his wall to make his days brighter!

Akash
16th March 2005, 06:11 PM
Scorpio,

You forgot one more habbit of blah blah!!! Asking his wife, " Am i MAN??" :lol: :lol: "Its seems scorpio and NM are Ladies" :cry: :cry: nnu

:lol: :lol:

Akash
16th March 2005, 06:13 PM
Akash,
Probably, he would have put it as his screensaver or would have stuck on his wall to make his days brighter!
God only knows if he made a "Face Mask" of Mandakkai's photo and wearing that to the office :rotfl:

Hey, blah blah... do you have his pic in yr T-shirts too??

nirosha sen
16th March 2005, 08:38 PM
:lol: Missing Mandakai now, huh???

Suryan, marrain-the pinneh namash-karamam?????

scorpio
17th March 2005, 11:24 AM
Niro,

Atleast for the sake of Akash who has digged this thread out, pl. write a Pei story pa.. Romba naalachu pisasu kadhai-yellam kettu!! :cry:

nirosha sen
17th March 2005, 04:06 PM
Okay Scorpio!! Here goes one :

A couple I know of, let's call them Raja and Rani shall we?, moved into a new neighbourhood with their new Indonesian maid, who had joined them a couple of months earlier.

One day, while washing rice in the kitchen, the maid had looked out of the window as she went abt her chores. All of a sudden, she saw something that scared the daylights out her, that she gave a piercing scream, and fell unconscious to the floor!!

On hearing the commotion in the kitchen, Raja and Rani, went to her aid only to find her in a swooned heap on the kitchen floor. Hoping to revive her, they took her back to her bedroom and Raja gently placed some smelling salts to her nostrils. As soon as she came to, she suddenly opened her eyes and spoke in a deep, guttural voice like a man, and told him in Malay, "Don't disturb me!!" in a menacing tone!

Seeing that the maid was not her usual self, Raja and Rani, immediately backed out of the room in panic and called their relative for emergency help!!

To be continued ......

scorpio
17th March 2005, 04:36 PM
Niro,

Enna cliff-hanger-aa? Seekram baakki kathaiya sollunga!

Akash
17th March 2005, 06:02 PM
Don't disturb niro!! she must be busy in changing her Avatar :) !!
Aunt, building the stuff.. Hopefully its not SHOCK movies base :roll:

blahblah
17th March 2005, 06:36 PM
Akash,I can see that you were all over the place in the last one minute or so?What is your plan?To break the Mandakkai record or to cover up the abscence of the prairie? :x

Akash
17th March 2005, 06:40 PM
Hum, now there you are!! sure you r missing Mandakkai, man!! you just want some one else to replace him!!

But i dont have a pic of mine, like him!! :wink:

blahblah
17th March 2005, 06:45 PM
Your Avtar is good enough Aakashu!I am sure you miss the prairie too.Think what fun it would have been if he was around in the roast thread.I am sure the fellow is a 'hidden' member these days and is observing every move from our part.But be sure,if he doesn't turn up by tomorrow we really need to extend his stay in that particular thread. :lol: :lol:

Akash
17th March 2005, 06:59 PM
He thinks, too smart of him!! let him come back... we will declare "the week" for him again!!

In mean while, lets decide on the next person... now itself!! let them have some advance intimation!!

nirosha sen
18th March 2005, 10:59 AM
Continuation of the The Bomoh........

Now, unbeknown to Raja and Rani, this relative of theirs is what we commonly call as psychic or sensitive! As soon as she stepped into the house, she knew exactly what is occupying the house beside the couple, Raja and Rani! And she knew exactly what had taken place as well as the remedy she had to do, to diffuse the situation.......

Let's call this relative, Bava. Bava immediately got down to work as she approached the room where the Indon maid was resting. She took out a lime from the kitchen, instructed Rani to bring some camphor and a red piece of cloth. Quickly she lit 3 camphor pieces at the doorway of the maid's room, tied up the limes and began chanting some incantations from the prayer book. Then, she instructed Raja to suspend the lime-filled cloth from the top of the doorway.

After which, she shooed away Rani and Raja to the living-room and told them what her mind's eye had seen. The incredulous couple listened in disbelief, as she began her revelations!

Apparently, a few weeks earlier, prior to them moving into the neighbourhood, a Bomoh or practitioner of black-magic had turned up to occupy the corner lot that was behind their row of houses. Now this man, being short of cash and new to the neighbourhood, had decided to set up shop by recruiting new clients from the area itself. How does he do it?????

Simple! First, he releases all the entities or little goblins that he has in his stable of collection, and entreats them to scare the living daylights out of his neighbours!! It could be babies, small children or even adults who have the ability of seeing them. Since they do look horribly scary, most of these people fall immediately sick and are forced to turn to a shaman to exorcise away these "trouble-makers" from their homes!! Naturally, the shaman gets a handsome reward for whatever mumbo-jumbo he has to offer in the way of a remedy!! Creates repeat business while filling his coffers, right????

Now, the Indon maid herself is no innocent either! Prior to her coming to live with Raja/Rani as their servant, she hailed from a remote village in Jawa island. From within the hinterland, she had to travel far to her local recruitment agency. But before that, for protection, she has a little resident in her own body, who acts as guardian.........

Now on the day of the incident, when the maid was busy washing the rice, she had momentarily looked up to look out at the Carambola tree that was directly adjacent to the window. And there perched on a branch was a disembodied being - meaning only the head alone - was suspended in mid-air and snarled at her with its tongue lolling out!! Now, the sudden response from her own guardian who is resident in body, naturally gave her a sudden shock like a bolt of lighting, as it surfaced to fight off the intruder outside the kitchen window!! In the ensuing, clash of the two titans of the netherworld, had rendered her speechless and foaming in the mouth as she swooned to a heap on the floor.....

Now, as for the remedy of the relative for the maid, both Raja and Rani were not to bring down the lime for any reason, even if the maid beseeched them to do so. For if they do, they would do it at their own peril, because there's no telling what the resident entity would do to them, if given free access to the rest of the house or even them........

scorpio
18th March 2005, 11:07 AM
Niro,

You scared the day lights out of me , but , still, I asked for it...

Tell me something, is this a true story or made-up one??

I ask this beacuse I have one person in my own home who is quite sensitive and can 'see' and 'hear' things which is invisible to our eyes!

Badri
18th March 2005, 11:12 AM
I ask this beacuse I have one person in my own home who is quite sensitive and can 'see' and 'hear' things which is invisible to our eyes!

Yaaru pa? Are you hiding yourself behind this "one person"

If a child, then maybe creative imagination. It is better to discourage it at the earliest.

If it is really you, then seek professional help.... :lol:

scorpio
18th March 2005, 11:20 AM
Naan illai Badri, I think I am too insensitive to certain things or the 'Pei's must be scared of me!

It is not correct to look for scientific facts for everything badri, there are certain things for which science can give no proper explanation but brand it as hallucination or schizophernic!

Badri
18th March 2005, 11:21 AM
I was just kidding, akka...I am not the kind of person to dump everything as superstition. At the same time, one also must take a scientific and rational point of view that is all. In the name of the supernatural, it must not be that we are fooling ourselves or others. That is my concern, vera onnum illa

nirosha sen
18th March 2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Scorpio! Yes, the story is real alright. The sensitive individual is in fact, a close friend! This incident really did take place to family members of hers.

The Occult is nothing new and indeed is peculiar to every culture of the world. Even in New Orleans, they have vodoo masters who brought it from Haiti and Africa.

I'm sure India has its share of horror stories too!! :)

oohlala
18th March 2005, 05:48 PM
Well…I also have some experience…There are many things in this world which has no explanation or solution…same with me I don’t know exactly…u can read urself and conclude…

I had to move to Delhi from Chandigarh to do my college. As I heard many horror stories against women in delhi I was really scared to move in there alone. So I avoided staying in Hostel and decided to stay in my Cousins flat with her. My cousin worked in a call centre and sometimes she has to do night duty. Actually im not scared of supernatural creatures but im always scared of human creatures…so I never had problem staying alone at nights…

In beginning I was very much scared to travel alone in auto and taxis even in broad day light. If I had to travel alone I used to take city bus and I mostly avoided going out alone at nights.
Once I went to attend one of my frnds brother marriage. I planned to stay there at night and return home the next day. But my cousin called me and said that she had forgotten the house key and her shift will get over within an hour. I asked her to come and collect the key from me. But she said that her cab does not pass that way. So I had no other choice other than leaving my frnds house.. it was 9.pm and I decided to take bus to return. It almost took 45 min from my frnds place to my house. Only after traveling half distance I realized that I was traveling in the wrong bus. I was very much confused what to do. I did not have guts to get down in the half way…I asked the Conductor where the bus goes(after traveling half distance) he said that it goes till Hari Nagar depot…i felt somewhat happy as the destination was 1ly 2kms from my area. So I thought that I can go there and adjust reaching home. The bus reached Hari Nagar by 10 pm and now again I had a problem…how to go home… If I take a bus I have 2 travel around 7 kms again whereas if I take the shortcut its only 2kms. So I decided to walk. it was a main road but not a busy road. To the right side of the road it was Tihar jail and to the left it was empty plots and dhabas…there were gaurds ineach and every gate of the jail. Hardly one or two vehicles passed by.
I kept on moving and was thinking to myself that I sud not attract anyone/anything. Its then I noticed that I was not walking alone I saw an old man walking a few steps before me. He was wearing turban and a Punjabi kurta pyjama. (I always belived that sardar’s are gud…) So I took long steps and reached him. He turned towards me and spoke in Punjabi in a gentle voice…
Where are you goin alone at this night child? Junction?
I said yes. Then he adviced me not to travel alone in night as its not gud 2 travel and its not safe. I was just listening to him without replying.Then I asked where he was goin. He said that he was just on his usual night walk.
By then we nearly reached the junction and I was walkin faster to reach soon. Suddenly the old man stopped and told me that he is leavin. I was puzzled and asked him where he was goin. He said that usually he used to do his walking only up to a particular dhaba but today he just forgot while talking to me. i smiled and wished him and returned home. As soon as my cousin returned I told her what happened and said her about that old sardar. She looked at me strangly and asked whether im sure that he was sardar. I said yes. It was then she said me that many ppl who walk alone in that area at night have witnessed him. And even some ppl say that, it was the sprit of a sardar who died in the jail many yrs ago. I laughed at her and said that there are many sardars in delhi and he is not the only sardar. After that we went to sleep. But I cud not stop thinking of that man. Eventhough I don’t belive in supernatural there was a chill in my spine…and really I was unable to sleep that night and to till date im nt sure whether he is a real man or something like my cousin said…

blahblah
18th March 2005, 05:49 PM
Scorpie mamma,be happy that your turn is over at the roasting thread! :lol:

scorpio
18th March 2005, 06:01 PM
Blahblah,

didnt get what u r saying.. care to explain??
And, whats that mamma thing... what does it mean??

blahblah
18th March 2005, 06:09 PM
Scorpio,Don't heat up so fast man!I was just following up the the fact that you are used to be called Akka!And I know that you believe in some spirituality too.Leave it at that,fine?

As the prairie is not around I wish to borrow a few words from him,"Offence not intented",OK? :wink:

scorpio
18th March 2005, 06:13 PM
Okay Bunny ( nice to see you back in yr avtaar), easy! Happy weekend!

Let us leave here before Roshan comes shouting that we are spoiling every thread chit-chatting away!

blahblah
18th March 2005, 06:22 PM
Okay Bunny ( nice to see you back in yr avtaar), easy! Happy weekend!

Let us leave here before Roshan comes shouting that we are spoiling every thread chit-chatting away!

She does that for sure!Hope she doesn't come and shout at me next!Or may be we can nominate her for next week's roasting :wink: :D

By the way,you keep calling me bunny and I will be forced to go back to my other avtar! :twisted:

seonaid
18th March 2005, 08:45 PM
hi niro i think i have got it. very soon i will be postin my stories.
atha.

seonaid
19th March 2005, 03:46 PM
This is a 100% true story that happened when i was five years old.67 yrs ago. We lived in a remote kampong in malaya.We had to walk for a few miles to go a tamil chool. My uncle who was in his late teens cycled to an eglish school.There was junlgle path of three km that all of us took.
At the base of a huge tree in the jungle near the road was a small Muniandy temple established by the rubber tappers.

All fo us paid our respect there asking God to protect us from the wild monkeys.We lived in double story wooden house with attap roof.My uncle slept downstairs in his room. One day in the middle of the night we all heard my uncle screaming in pain. My mother, my father and grandmother ran down with torchlights.No electricity.I too got up in the comotion and went down to see my uncle lying in his bed stiff and couldn't move his body. he was crying in pain. My mother and grandmother massaged his boddy with oil and they sat down and prayed. My uncle couldn't even talk.There was no transport to take him to hospital.After sometime we went to sleep.Early in the morning about five o;clock we heard my uncle frantically calling my mother.I,too rushed down and my uncle was up and shouting at my mother to go out and look for an old man in rags outside. Every one ran out with torch lights but there was no sign of anybody. we thought my uncle had gone crazy.My uncle slowly got up and came out and told us what had happened.Hewas not a pious person or the one who believed in supernaturals.
This was his story. When he was cycling back from school the previuos day an old indian man in rags asked the way to the town.My uncle fearing that he would ask for a lift lied to him that the town was just round the corner.he detested the sight of the man-who looked dirty and old.The same old man came to his room in morning and warned him not to be arrogant and selfish. Then he threw some vibuthi on his head and disappeared. there were a few grains of sand on my uncles head.from that day onwards all in our family go to the Muniandy temple in the jungle at least once in a month. till to this day we pray there. The huge tree had fallen off but another tree has grown there.Everyone in my family has a bit of the sand from the temple in our prayer room.

nirosha sen
19th March 2005, 08:28 PM
Certainly is a good story, Pa!! Yes, guardians are everywhere; alot of them somehow seem to occupy big trees. Matter of fact, just before a land is cleared for construction activities of any kind, the contractors normally build a shrine and bring a shaman, to sanctify the place. They do this, seeking forgiveness before proceeding with work!! :)

nirosha sen
20th March 2005, 07:34 PM
Alot happens to us, thru no coincidence or design! But ever heard of premonitions that come to us as dreams that manifests itself into reality?????!!!!

Come share your stories with me on this somnolent journey that forecasts the unexpected for the next few tales, Pa!!!...........

oohlala
20th March 2005, 10:07 PM
Yes Niro....When i was in school i always predict that i can never score above 50% in Chemistry..... :) :wink:

nirosha sen
21st March 2005, 06:28 AM
:lol: I was referring to dreams or nightmares that turned into reality Pa!!

oohlala
21st March 2005, 05:11 PM
Hey im happy that My nightmares r just nightmares....if they come true ill nt b discussing here...So im happy that they didnt come true yet...and pray 4 me Niro that they sud nt come true..... :roll:

seonaid
21st March 2005, 05:53 PM
It was in1956. every saturday i went to my teacher's training claa in Taiping, 3hrs away I went with other teachers in a car.I had to wakk one km. to reach the junction to wait for the car. I waked out at 5.30 in the morning.The prevoius Friday night i had a bad dream A lady tall and dark in black appeared as if real.ARE youy really going for your class in the morning?I see that you don't go.
I told my dream to my sister and she was worried. I told her not to worry and i walked.I was almost nearing the junction, a big alsation dog jumped over the fence from a house came pounced on me bit me on the leg and ran off.Luckily some workers came and helped me home .i was not badly hurt. I DIDN'T GO TO CLASS.,instead went for a jab.
ATHA.

nirosha sen
21st March 2005, 07:49 PM
Okay, this is based on a friend's experience :

My friend who's called Shanti, had been married only for 3 years before her young husband of 32 years old, passed away. It was such a devastating blow to her young life, with 2 boys aged 2 and 1 month old, when tragedy struck.

The sad part to this tragedy was, she had been warned in her dreams of impending danger to her matrimonial harmony. But as fate would have it, she was either powerless or just too confused to do anything abt it.

Prior to her husband's death, Shanti had lost her mother-in-law a year earlier. Both mother and son were very close because as far back as he had recalled, his mother had always been a single parent. So naturally, it was tough going, but the strong and resolute lady, chose to remain single and worked as a maid with a German couple, to keep body and soul together for both herself and her young son.

Seeing that she had worked for many years with the same employer, her young son was blessed, with a scholarship from her employer, and immediately after finishing high school, was sent away to Germany to complete his engineering degree. When he came back after a few years, he started work and even managed to buy a piece of land, to build a house.

It was into this house, that Shanti had come in as a young bride and came to appreciate the strong bond between her husband and his mother. But one fine day, her mother-in-law suddenly fell ill and was diagnosed with leukaemia. Apparently, she had had it for quite sometime but chose to ignore it until it was too late. Exactly 7 days after the prognosis, Shanti's mother-in-law passed away. Shanti told me, that she had never seen a grown man weep so bitterly, until that day.......

As the 1st anniversary of her mum-in-law's death drew near, Shanthi began having strange dreams of seeing her, always standing near the outside gate, as if she's waiting for someone. Each time, Shanthi went outside to greet her, she would suddenly come awake in a cold sweat, with a strange feeling of impending doom!

Her husband was not spared either. He kept seeing his mum too standing at the gate, as if waiting for him. But she would not say anything either. But in his dream, he kept smelling jasmines and one night, his mum had come back to the same spot, and offered the flowers to him, which he had touched and accepted from her.

When Shanti heard it from him, the next day, she told him of her fears that it wasn't right for her to keep coming like that. But her husband was furious, that she would say anything negative of the dead, most of all, his adoring mother, whom he loved so much. After that, they did not speak of it anymore.......

On the day of her 1st anniversary, Shanti's husband left for the temple to do prayers for the appeasement of his mother's soul. There unexpectedly, he had a sudden heart attack. It was so bad that even the vein in his right hand had burst open, leaving a trail of blood, as they rushed him to hospital. Without recovering from unconsciousness, he passed away that night.

Shanti who had been in confinement after the birth of her 2nd son, waited in vain for her hubby to come home and when she finally opened the door, at the sound of cars pulling up, it was the ambulance that brought his body home.........

To this day, Shanthi never dreamt of her mother-in-law or her husband ever again but she fervently believes, that his Fate was already sealed when he accepted the ball of Jasmines from his mother, in his dream............

oohlala
22nd March 2005, 06:34 PM
This is my worst nightmare which never came in dream but happened in reality.
Yesterday i got a bunch of rose Bouquet With a note...i was so excited 2 see the red roses until i read the note...it had all my username, passwords, A/C no. and password...its then i realised that my system is being watched.
I scannedmy system With Spywaredoctor, MS Beta,Ad-Aware SE,Spy Subtrace ... they cleaned my system...but when i scanned my system with "Webroot, Spy Sweeper" It mentioned that my system is infected by "Sc-Keylog" Now im scared 2 touch the keyboard...One of my frnd said that Webroot is doin so just 2 sell the product...as no other anti-spyware showed it...
Can any1 help me in this...and sugest me the best spyware...

Thanks in Advance...

nirosha sen
22nd March 2005, 06:46 PM
:shock: Boy, yours is what I call a sorry tale, Pa!! No offence intended! I'm sure someone PC savvy would be of help to you!
Take care.......

ts
22nd March 2005, 08:41 PM
...but when i scanned my system with "Webroot, Spy Sweeper" It mentioned that my system is infected by "Sc-Keylog" Now im scared 2 touch the keyboard...One of my frnd said that Webroot is doin so just 2 sell the product...as no other anti-spyware showed it...

Ad-Aware SE is your best bet.

Thinking from a different angle, are you sure it is not a prank played upon you ????

I ask this because SC-Keylog is not a worm but a digital surveillance monitor. It is a spy program intentionally installed by someone (probably your employer) to monitor your web "behaviour". If i were you, I would be cautious in where i am visiting ... Good luck.....

oohlala
26th March 2005, 03:20 AM
Thinking from a different angle, are you sure it is not a prank played upon you ????

I ask this because SC-Keylog is not a worm but a digital surveillance monitor. It is a spy program intentionally installed by someone (probably your employer) to monitor your web "behaviour". If i were you, I would be cautious in where i am visiting ... Good luck.....

Thx TS...
Im sure that its nt a prank...as i know that it was done by my ex.

I did product recovery as i thought this may solve my problem...i just want 2 know now...is product recovery same as reinstalling the OS...

scorpio
13th April 2005, 10:53 AM
Ok.. enough of spy softwares.. let me share a true story told by our medium during my last visit. She told this to stress the fact that some people who die an unnatural death do remain in the earth till their 'time' comes and also try to settle some scores left undone.

A tamilian doctor settled in a town in Andhra with his pretty wife and small kid. The wife's name is Meena and she was quite friendly with the neighbours. One afternoon, when the doctor came home for lunch, he couldnt find meena and the kid at home. He has shocked to hear a loud laughing eerie sound from the well. Peering into, he saw Meena standing on the water with her kid in her hand. She spoke with Telugu mixed language and told the doctor that 'she' has entered Meena's body for a specific purpose and if the doctor does not approve 'her' stay inside meena, she would drown Meena and the kid right away. With no choice, the doctor agreed and Meena along with the child zoomed out of the well.

Meena's possessor told the doctor that whenever meena behaves abnormally under her influence , he should not treat meena as a wife but she'll be normal at other times. Meena started to spend hours in a locked room and the doctor could hear telugu words from the room which surpised him as Meena didnt know a word of telugu. He left his son under the care of his in-laws and waited for the 'purpose' to get over and Meena will be back to normal. After some months, the local panchayat leader came hurrying to the doctor's house saying that his wife has developed complications in her pregnancy. Meena came out of the room and told the leader that the doctor could not save his wife however he tries. The doctor went to the leader's house only to come back with the death news of the wife. Meena then spoke in a strange voice that she was 'Nagarathna ammal' the first wife of the panchayat leader who was poisoned to death by the leader and his mistress, the now wife. They married each other after Nagarathna's death and Naga was waiting to get her revenge all those years and Meena became the easy victim. Meena further said that she was responsible for the sudden complications developed and now, Naga will go away to 'her' own world along with the second wife. She'll also leave Meena for good as her mission on earth is over and Meena became normal again.

She hardly remembered all that happened to her when she was not her own. She then lived a happy life with the doctor and her child.

jaiganes
13th April 2005, 11:00 AM
What akka! trying to get in touch with some developer who committed suicide in your project? Wont' you let him/her live in peace atleast after death? Still pestering him with his workstation passwords and pending issues? Sila PMsai vida Aaaviye thevalai (engTranslation: Ghosts are more merciful than certain PMs) :rotfl: :lol:

scorpio
13th April 2005, 11:04 AM
JG,

:rotfl: You give me good ideas to keep the project going.. ha! No one can escape from me even if they kick the bucket in desperation!

I just re-rold the story or tue incident, whatever, as told to me. BTW, I visit the medium not to speak to my dead team mates but with my father from whom I've received valuable guidance and advice.

jaiganes
13th April 2005, 11:08 AM
Is it somekind of stove josiyam? In 1960s this stove josiyam was very famous in Chennai. Have u heard of that?

scorpio
13th April 2005, 11:14 AM
Remember my patti and amma telling me about it albeit vaguely. But, this is not josiyam. The medium helps us to communicate with our beloved ones who are not physically alive but in the spirit world and not yet reborn. I just ask my questions to the medium and she gets the reply /advice from my dad. Though I sit in the same room before the medium, I cannot see/ feel anything but the replies are uncannily my dad's with striking similarity in words / opinions. My mom even has a signature from my dad thru' the medium. I was too skeptical of all this some time back and was the first critic of my mom, but now, I am convinced that death is only physical.

jaiganes
13th April 2005, 11:18 AM
Thats interesting. Who is this person? I hope it is not "Aaviulaga" Amudha. She was so famous once upon a time, thanks to Raj TV.

scorpio
13th April 2005, 11:21 AM
I too have heard of Amudha but my medium is a different person. We need to be careful as many unscrupulous people are in this profession and might exploit our ignorance.

nirosha sen
13th April 2005, 04:38 PM
Good story Scorpio! Reminds me of Vikramadithya's Kathaigal! Remember the Vethaalam that took possession of a corpse??? Yup, something similar Pa!! :)

hehehewalrus
1st July 2005, 11:54 PM
revive

j.chenkalvarayan
2nd July 2005, 10:21 AM
this happened to me 4 or 5 times. i'll be staring at my computer browsing through web pages with my hands on my lap. then suddenly the mouse pointer will start moving in a predetermined manner. either it will be vertically upwards or horizontal.mine is an optical mouse and the surface of my desk is quite flat. therefore there is no possiblity of any movement due to the action of gravity.and at that same time the mouse appeared to be stationary.never figured it out.

nirosha sen
3rd July 2005, 08:17 PM
:shock: My God JC, your avatar shocked me silly!!!!

Who needs a spooky tale, when your pic. on the left would do????? And that too at a lonely hour of 11 pm????? What a scare tactic, Pa!!

Okay, okay!! You won!!!! :( For the 1st time, somebody scared me silly, no make that a 2nd time!! I just recalled Cindy's ghostly pics. too!! :roll:

Idiappam
3rd July 2005, 09:49 PM
this happened to me 4 or 5 times. i'll be staring at my computer browsing through web pages with my hands on my lap. then suddenly the mouse pointer will start moving in a predetermined manner. either it will be vertically upwards or horizontal.mine is an optical mouse and the surface of my desk is quite flat. therefore there is no possiblity of any movement due to the action of gravity.and at that same time the mouse appeared to be stationary.never figured it out.

Your system is being hacked. Install firewall!

sonu gopi
4th July 2005, 07:37 AM
:shock: My God JC, your avatar shocked me silly!!!!

Who needs a spooky tale, when your pic. on the left would do????? And that too at a lonely hour of 11 pm????? What a scare tactic, Pa!!

Okay, okay!! You won!!!! :( For the 1st time, somebody scared me silly, no make that a 2nd time!! I just recalled Cindy's ghostly pics. too!! :roll:

Ya Niro...you just spoke what was in my mind...me too got scared and I refuse to look at it at night...but not on a bright day like today! :lol:

Btw...where is Cindy? Any idea?

SONU GOPI :)

j.chenkalvarayan
4th July 2005, 08:14 AM
enna mr idiappam, ithu kooda pannirruka mattana. and moreover i am using linux, high security os.security settings ellam highla irruku.

a.ratchasi
4th July 2005, 09:59 AM
Had this experience about 2 years ago.

It was around 8 pm on a Saturday. My mom and sis went to the nearby pasar malam (weekly night market) to get some food for dinner.

There I was all alone at home in my room. Also, it so happened all four immediate neighbours of mine were away. Thus the whole area surrounding my house was quiet. Oh yes, the street lights were not functioning of all the days that day!

Came out to the living room to check on my pet fighting fish. As I walked across the room, I suddenly was aware that something or someone was eyeing me. That was when I noticed that huge black figure, standing very still at the outer gate facing me. That was it! It sure made my heart skip a beat. I stopped moving for a good second and then, strangely enough, I had the courage to look at the figure. There it was standing, the ugliest and furriest big black dog that I have ever seen!!

Apparently, that dog belonged to a new neighbour who had just moved in a month earlier. It was the dog's routine to go sniffing around the neighbourhood when let loose!!

Arrgh, how much I hated the dog for that unforgetable first encounter!!

As a consolation though, heard from another neighbour months later that I was not the only one who got spooked by that dog!! :D :D

Badri
4th July 2005, 10:03 AM
A.R: did JC's new avatar have anything to do with your sudden remembrance of this black, furry dog??? :wink:

JC: Enna kolam pa athu? Azhaga muruganai vechirunthiye!! Athu poi, intha Soorana engirunthu kondu vanthaai? Oru vela unnoda photo thaana ithu?

Idiappam
4th July 2005, 10:22 AM
enna mr idiappam, ithu kooda pannirruka mattana. and moreover i am using linux, high security os.security settings ellam highla irruku.
appo, neenga highla iruppathu pola therigirathu... :lol:

nirosha sen
4th July 2005, 10:23 AM
okay, I'm plagiarising this story from the newspapers, folks!!

This story is abt a teenage girl who had gone to visit her elder brother, who lived in a nice, low-density, housing estate.

On the day in question, her brother and sis-in-law had gone visiting elsewhere, leaving the teenager in charge of her young nephews and niece.

Was abt 12 midnight, when she turned on the TV in her brother's bedroom. The kids in the meanwhile had all gone to bed leaving the girl some peace and quiet to watch her favourite late night show.

As the TV was placed directly in front of the bed, she sat leaning against the pillows to watch. In the meanwhile, she had opened the door adjacent to the bed, which opened out to the balcony for some cool night air.

A short while well into the movie, she felt a movement, from the corner of her eye! As she turned to look towards the balcony, her breath caught and she sat there frozen from fear, too afraid to move or even make a sound, as she spotted what it was!

It was an apparition in white, more like a transparent figure with merely the outline in white!! It sat, perched on the balcony railing facing out to the night sky. It was eerily quiet then, as even the neighbourhood dogs were not seen barking!! Not knowing what to do, in case she alerted the entity of her own presence, she just sat there rooted, not daring to even breathe aloud!!

Minutes ticked away, when all of a sudden, the apparition moved with a sudden jerk and turned its head to have a good look at her!! She in turn could only make out an outline as the rest of it, was just a see-thru of the night sky!!

With a sudden rustle, it suddenly took off into the sky beyond, transformed into what she thought, looked like a sheet of table-cloth!! Not daring to move, she watched it disappear into the distance before finding the courage, to bang shut the balcony door and diving under the covers of the bed!!

Akash
4th July 2005, 10:55 AM
this happened to me 4 or 5 times. i'll be staring at my computer browsing through web pages with my hands on my lap. then suddenly the mouse pointer will start moving in a predetermined manner. either it will be vertically upwards or horizontal.mine is an optical mouse and the surface of my desk is quite flat.

:rotfl: Buddy, it happens with all optical mouse when you place it in Keyboard rack.... Try keeping it near yr Monitor.. and dont disturb the table. with out concious..

I hope, you know how optical mouse works... It takes huge number of screen shots and matches with previous patter what it has, on every nth time of seconds.. so if you even tilt yr keboard tray.. a bit... it will start working and mouse pointer will move!!

Akash
4th July 2005, 10:58 AM
okay, I'm plagiarising this story from the newspapers.....

Aunt, Back to Business!! :clap:

Yr New Avatar is cool, as usual :P

hehehewalrus
4th July 2005, 08:36 PM
Nirosha
If its from the newspapers pls copy paste to the "Picked from papers" thread. If its a fictional story put it in the stories section. Pls keep this thread for true experiences, not third person accounts!!!

Idiappam
5th July 2005, 01:08 AM
Sigh! Ghost stories! How scared can you get? If you want to feel the real thing, follow me!

nirosha sen
5th July 2005, 03:52 AM
No 3rd person's accounts, huh???!!!! :x What do you think the rest of my stories were, Muttonhead or is it Dastardly???!!!! :wink:

a.ratchasi
5th July 2005, 11:06 AM
A.R: did JC's new avatar have anything to do with your sudden remembrance of this black, furry dog??? :wink:

Maybe, badri!! :)
Though, it is Niro's current avatar that frightens me the most!! :P

nirosha sen
5th July 2005, 03:12 PM
Huh????? :roll: It's only poor, ole Aish Pa!! :(

hehehewalrus
5th July 2005, 06:06 PM
No 3rd person's accounts, huh???!!!! :x What do you think the rest of my stories were, Muttonhead or is it Dastardly???!!!! :wink:

Several times you have dumped your fictional accounts in this thread http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30.

You are a nightmarish postor infamous for dumping irrelevant posts thats why I feared this thread will take a similar turn :(

nirosha sen
5th July 2005, 07:55 PM
Well then Pretty Polly!! Er....make that Muttley!! You go ahead and tell us a spooky one if you could!!

Irrelevant postings, huh??? Remember me in your worst nightmares, then!!! :twisted:

Anoushka
14th July 2005, 08:49 PM
[tscii:02cb5b3da0]A few of us in our family have this sense of predicting things! Not that we want to but it happens just like that.

It was in September 99 and I was on my usual visit home. I was hyper about going home so did not sleep the previous night at all. I had to get the early morning flight so I decided to stay awake all night and go to the airport early in the morning. Normally I get on a plane and fall asleep even before they do the security announcements. This time nothing like that happened. Could not sleep at all. Reached Madras early next morning and was so hyper that I was running around doing things all day.

I was supposed to go to Coimbatore for a friend's wedding that night, but my parents convinced me to join them on a trip to Tirunelveli for another friend’s wedding instead. We were driving to Tirunelveli, it was five of us plus the driver in an ambassador car. It was comfortable enough but I could not sleep at all. I was constantly talking to our driver and keeping myself and himself awake  We were supposed to come back by train and my brother was supposed to bring the car back with him later in the week. When we reached Tambaram my Dad realised that he had not brought the train tickets with him for our Tirunelveli-Madras trip!

We reached Tirunelveli in the morning. Attended the wedding and decided to travel back by car. At that stage I hadn’t slept for three days and three nights at a stretch! I got into the car, sat down and closed my eyes and fell asleep the next second only to jump up awake in less than a minute. It kept happening constantly for the next hour. I did not want to tell my family anything. I kept asking my driver to reduce the volume of the tape recorder though I knew he needed that to keep himself awake!

When we stopped in Sathur at our cousin’s place, I told my dad about the constant dream that I had been getting all evening. He asked me to change my place and moved me from behind the driver’s seat to the other end – behind the passenger’s seat. And he started driving from then till we reached Trichy! I slept in peace during that time period.

We had our dinner in Trichy and Dad handed over the car back to the driver. Everyone fell asleep after dinner. All of a sudden at around midnight I woke up hearing my Dad scream. Our car had a hit a bus which had hit a truck in front of it.

Nobody would have believed that I knew that the accident would happen if I hadn’t told my dad about it earlier in the evening.

It was a bad accident. My driver and myself were the only ones that had no visible damage. The car was a complete write off and the complete body and chassis had to be changed!

There was another incident in which I predicted my aunt’s death. My aunt had cancer and I had gone home to see her. When I came back to college my friend asked me about her and I told him without thinking “ Her last day is Aug 2nd”. He was shocked because his birthday was Aug 2nd. And on the morning of Aug 2nd when I got a call at 6:00 in the morning, I knew exactly what it was even before picking the phone![/tscii:02cb5b3da0]

sonu gopi
15th July 2005, 06:08 PM
[tscii:52c57ce4ec]Reading your experience Anoushka made me recollect something that happened when I was about 9 yrs old.

Once I remember having a terrible nightmare - seeing my dad and his friends thrown out of a car. I saw a large crowd and kept hearing ppl saying that he was killed in an accident. I saw the picture of a badly damaged brown Volvo at the scene and a lorry in the drain.

It was a gory sight and I saw the bodies of a few people but one among them was supposed to be my dad but his face of was not clear due to bad injury and bloody sight – yet I heard ppl kept on mentioning his name and pointing at me as the dead man’s daughter. I remember running around the scene of the accident calling for him and crying - not realising that I was actually crying out loudly which brought me back to reality and saw my parents at my bed side holding on to me.

My father hugged me and was consoling me while my mum got me a drink. I remember narrating my dream to them. My dad smiled and told me that nothing will happen him and not to be frightened by a silly dream. It was about 3.30am and due to the commotion I had woken the whole household. My younger siblings were crying out of fright.

Everybody then went back to sleep except me…I was so afraid to close my eyes. Somehow I did doze off for a few seconds only to have the same dream continuing. I sat on the bed and waited for dawn. I skipped school the following morning due to lack of sleep and being emotionally unstable. Dad went to work as usual and back home for lunch and then in the evening he told my mom that he had to drive up to Kuala Lumpur with some friends to settle some urgent matters. I heard my mum asking him whether the trip could be postponed to another day as she was also not comfortable after my weird dream. My father told her not to worry unnecessarily or keep thinking about something that is not going to happen.

I was pacing up and down the hallway not knowing how to stop my dad from going. He kept smiling at me and promised to buy me a big doll and some chocolates and not to upset my mum further. I remember getting into an argument with him saying that I was not interested in any dolls or chocolates. However, he still got ready by 6pm waiting for his friends. He was to drive them all in his car leaving their car behind at our place. I heard their arrival and I ran quickly to peep out of the window and to my shock I saw the same brown Volvo!!

I started to cry out and kept holding my dad’s hands refusing to let him to go near that Volvo. Due to the commotion 2 of his 3 friends came out of the car on seeing me crying. My dad had to tell them that he is unable to accompany them as he has never seen me behaving in such a manner before and that he too won’t have a peace of mind leaving me behind like that. He suggested perhaps they should postpone the trip to some other day but his friends insisted they have to go as scheduled. Finally they agreed that they will proceed with their journey without my dad and that they would see him the following day. I was glad.

They bade farewell to us and one of the uncles’ in particular while patting my shoulders, kept telling me “you naughty girl you have wrapped you dad around your little finger and he is now dancing according to your tune." They left shortly after that showing so much of disappointment on their faces.

Next day was a Saturday and while we were having breakfast we heard a car pull up at the driveway and heard some ppl calling out for my dad. He went out to see them and later my upset dad informed mum that his friend’s brown Volvo had a head on collision with an on coming timber lorry. They were driving back home from Kuala Lumpur between 3am-4am after going for a midnight movie. Due to the great impact all 3 friends were killed instantly beyond recognition. With tears in his eyes my dad gave me hugs & kisses saying he had a narrow escape and wished his friends were saved too!.

SONU GOPI[/tscii:52c57ce4ec]

Anoushka
15th July 2005, 06:28 PM
Sonu, thankfully you saved your father's life! I knew what was going to happen and still didn't stop the car. Atleast there were no fatalities in my case!

nirosha sen
15th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Sonu - another masterpiece Pa!! Thank God, for that commotion you made! You had your Dad to enjoy for the next few years at least!

Welcome back, Pa!! :D

sonu gopi
27th July 2005, 10:58 AM
[tscii:3e3040feab]My little story this time also took place in the same government bungalow, I had mentioned to you all earlier - where I had spent most of my younger days growing up..

One evening my classmate, Rani who was staying in the lines (government quarters) came over to my place around 6.00pm using the back lane through the garden and knocked at the kitchen door. I opened the door and invited her in. She wanted to borrow my exercise book to copy down the notes my history teacher had given us as she was absent from school that day. After having a drink she took the notes to leave and I went to the door to send her off…but of course as usual we stood there for a few more minutes and chattered away. While in the midst of talking, about 20 meters away, I saw an old woman standing under the Mango tree, which was situated right at the back of the garage. She was in a sarong (lunggi) and a short pink blouse and was very busy folding the paan and chewing it away. I saw a yellow pouch which she later tucked at the right side of her waist. My friend Rani was facing her back to the old woman thus she was not able to see what I was observing.

I looked carefully and recognised her as the same old patti who worked in my house when I was a little girl – about 5yrs old. I smiled and she smiled back and waved her hand in a gesture instructing me to go to her. I waved back and Rani turned to see who I was waving to. Then she turned back to me and asked “whom are you waving to?” I said “That patti – she was working for us when I was small” pointing to the direction of the Mango tree. “Patti? but there is no nobody there!” she said.

Feeling uncomfortable and not finding anyone Rani quickly excused herself and told me that she would hand over the book in school the following day. I saw her walking away but she kept looking at that direction and then gestured to me that no one was there. I waved to her and focused my attention back to the Mango tree. This time the patti kept indicating me to hurry.

In the meantime my mother started calling for me to come into the house saying that it was late evening and its not a good idea to hang around the garden alone. She also asked to whom I was speaking in my then broken Tamil. I told her that Patti has come and she is calling for me. Again the patti looked really upset and she kept instructing me to go to her real soon – I am not sure whether I heard her voice but could clearly remember her gestures. I was about 11yrs old.

I told her to wait but she seemed restless but kept on gesturing me to go to her first but I decided to go into the kitchen where my mother was busy preparing for dinner. By then my dad had come down to the kitchen asking my mother why she was calling for me so many times and that I am not responding to her instantly. I then quickly told him that patti was waiting for me under the tree but she refused to come into the house when I invited her.

The word “patti” was specially meant for her coz I never call anyone else that way, so my dad knew instantly to whom I was referring to. My dad was surprised that the Patti was waiting outside instead of coming into the house and he wanted to see her too after so many years. Both my mum and I followed him. But to our surprise she was no where to be seen. My dad asked me, “Mollu, where is the patti??” And I remembered pointing towards the Mango tree. My father surveyed the whole garden and around the garage.

Then he went to our gardener, Muthu who was busy washing the car in front of the garage. He then asked him whether he saw an old woman coming around (anybody who were to come to our house had to pass Muthu first). He said an old lady with a sarong and chewing paan passed him earlier but when he asked her whom she wanted to see she refused to answer him nor did she turn to look back at him. He said he could only see her side profile but saw her carrying a yellow pouch walking briskly towards the back of the garage. He also said he saw Rani going back home but did not see the old lady passing him again. He said that probably he could have missed her while he was busy cleaning inside of the car.

Then my dad said that perhaps she could have gone to see her friends in the neighbourhood and would come back later. My dad told my mum to prepare some extra food for the old patti esp. fried chicken which was her favourite. We waited but patti did not turn up so we carried on with our dinner. As it was late my dad said probably her son Seenu,, who was a barber in town would have picked her from her friends’ place. My dad said he would go and see the son the next day on his way back home for lunch.

Next day after school about 1pm my dad picked me from school and we were on our way home. He then instructed me not to go out alone in the garden when it’s almost dusk or talk to anyone or go to them if they were to call me. I did not know why he was saying this but once we got home I heard him telling my mum that he went to the barber’s shop to find out about the patti. He was so shocked to know that the patti passed had away 3 weeks ago due to old age in Ipoh and that they had just done her prayers. Seenu, told my dad that he wanted to inform about his mother’s death but was too busy making arrangements to go back to Ipoh that it slipped his mind.

Much later in life, I came to know that she was so fond of me as a child. She wanted to take me along with her to Ipoh promising my parents that she would take good care of me since my mother had two more younger children to look after. She promised my dad that he didn’t have to worry about my education for she would look into everything I needed coz she has got enough money. Of course my parents told her nicely that she is allowed to come over to our place anytime she wanted to visit me and that they cannot live without their daughter too. Since she was getting older she had to follow her elder son to Ipoh leaving her other two sons to carry on with their Hair dressing Saloon. My mum said that she left our home crying all the way and her children had to advice her to calm down. It seems she kept hugging and kissing me ( I forgot this part!!) and didn’t even want to follow her son leaving me behind. Somehow they managed to coax her into going back to Ipoh. Due to the distance from Ipoh to Klang those days patti never came visiting us nor did she leave Ipoh until her death.

If Muthu , our gardener did not confirm seeing the patti nobody would have believed me and would have said it was totally my imagination. But then now my parents were very sure her spirit did come to our place so my dad quickly asked for a transfer to Kuala Lumpur. He felt it was not safe for me to stay there any longer. They said that she has kept her hope of taking me with her all those years in her heart and that after her death she has come to fulfil her dreams.

They felt she would definately come “calling” again, as she was not able to forget the little girl who stole her heart with her mischievous behaviour or the loving way she addressed her as “patti-ma”!! :cry:

SONU GOPI :wink:[/tscii:3e3040feab]

hehehewalrus
5th August 2005, 07:07 PM
a lighter tale and definitely an unforgettable one for me, I still smile when I think of it...

I had a good north indian friend with whom I spent about a year in TN. After that I went to work a few years out of South India while he happened to remain and work in Chennai.

After two years I stopped in Chennai on a holiday and we spent a weekend together chatting endlessly about work life. By now, my pal was having the away-from-home blues and complained about South India, South Indian food and South Indians for hours and hours. Since this was a rare opportunity to be with him, I had no desire to have a sour memory of this meeting and hence quietly took his rants in one ear and released them through the other.

He was talking about his south indian boss and how his boss pronounced "A-I-R" as 'air' as in the word 'hair' and not as ayyy-re. I was puzzled since as far as I knew that's the way A.I.R should be pronounced.

Then he went on to say about the south indian female colleagues in his offices and how often he went to dinner or movies with them. For a person with low tolerance of South Indians, his tolerance of south indian females was remarkable indeed!

He mentioned how he befriended some Chennai girl from some Java forum that he was a part of and they would often share emails about tamil movies. That evening we happened to goto a browsing center and were sharing the same PC. He opened his box and sure enough there was a mail with the gal's name on it. However the name showed Chandramouli!

I wondered if this could be a case of Chandra Mouli, since a 'Gowri Shankar', a 'Leela Krishnan' were all appropriate names for a girl nevertheless. The mail was opened and in response to request for a visit to the Marina, his date "Chandra Mouli" had given the fatal news that "she" was staying in a bachelor accomodation and would gladly visit him on "her" bike!!!!

(In some movie, Goundamani turns up at a village and wanting to check out the chicks, contacts Senthil. Senthil tells him that Radha, Leela and Gowri are all waiting. An impatient Gounder wants to meet them all, and Senthil takes him to a deserted place where 3 banian clad rowdies accost Gounder with a grin. Senthil introduces them as Radhakrishnan, Leelakrishnan and Gowrisankar!!)

That was the end of my friend's adventures and when I saw that mail, the first thought to strike me was "Geez, these stupid northies cant even distinguish a payyan from a ponnu...How the hell will they learn the correct pronunciation of "a-i-r"?!?!!" :lol2: With great difficulty I kept a straight face for the rest of the afternoon and later after I got into a deserted bus, buried my face in my hands and laughed my guts out! :rotfl:

nirosha sen
5th August 2005, 08:42 PM
Hmm...an honest mistake that I would have made too!! :lol:

hehehewalrus
5th August 2005, 09:04 PM
one more...this is the scariest experience i ever had. Boy, am I relieved it was such a narrow escape!!!!!!

on my first visit to US, we came as a little group and checked into the hotel sunday night. Slept and reported to office the next morning and felt very normal. Since we were supposed to have jetlag, they let us off from office very early at 3 pm. I experienced nothing of that kind and we spent the whole evening playing tennis.

I and my manager were supposed to have the first meeting with the client Tuesday morn at 8am. I went to bed normally but was unaware that the dreadful jet lag was slowly setting in.

That night I had a dream I was writing my 12 std exam and it was the eve of the exam and I had studied nothing more than 4 or 5 pages out of the 400 page textbook the entire year!! There was tremendous slogging in the dream itself and suddenly hearing some persistent ringing noise(the phone), I woke up with a start the next morn. I was actually sweating when I woke up and when I found it was all a dream, I allowed myself a big sigh of relief!

Just then I looked at the clock and it was 7:45!!! I jumped out of bed with a shriek, changed into formals, arranged my hair with my hands and rushed out. Thankfully this isnt india so its not dusty, and its so unpolluted in early august, so you dont look all that bad even if you run to office straight out of bed.

I raced to the reception where the driver was just starting the shuttle to my company and wonder of wonders reached my office at 805, the american guy had not yet joined us! My indian manager said he had called me thrice from office and i casually told him what had happened, with the triumphant smile that the american hadnt turned up yet, the shocked look on my manager's face was unforgettable

What a good thing the driver was just starting the shuttle, else I would have done a mad run on the freeway and got arrested by the cops!

RR
4th April 2006, 10:58 AM
Moving to "Stories" section..

nirosha sen
31st August 2006, 04:37 PM
What??? Still no new developments to add on to the rest of our handiwork???? Tut. tut!!