PDA

View Full Version : This Forum, Oh, My Forum, Ah, Our forum

Catalytic Converter
11th May 2005, 05:32 AM
Hello boys and girls
How is everyone doing. I wanted to find out what you people think of this forum, and also what you think about its tight regulation of topics posted.
Is it really a forum for all, or for the administrative hubbers

Catalytic Converter
:twisted:

nirosha sen
11th May 2005, 09:05 AM
What's stopping you from asking them, directly????

malligai
11th May 2005, 11:39 PM
What's stopping you from asking them, directly????

:lol: good question Niro... :lol:

and that avaatar is coooolll...

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 01:03 AM
In a response to your response Nirosha, I must say that I am new to this forum.

I did not know how it fully works. I was not aware that one could indeed contact the moderators or the administrator in somewhat of a direct manner. And I was also not sure of how to go about doing that if I did so know that you could contact them personally (personally being sending them mail directly).
After I had posted this new topic one of the moderators got ahold of me and did so send me an email in an attempt to explain to me as to why they deleted my topics or posts or threads or whatever it is called. I am not sure. They did so exaplin, to which I did so respond and now we are in somewhat of a common understanding.

In response to Malligai - if you have nothing intelligent to say - you should keep quiet.

Uncle Siv
:evil:

malligai
12th May 2005, 01:35 AM
Uncle Siv,

Dont respond to messages intended for someone else!! :lol:

[thats RULE # 1 in this forum] :lol:

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 01:45 AM
Take it easy Malligai.
Why can I not respond to you? And whose rule is that? I have seen people respond to people who were not talking top them. I wanted to respond to you and I did.
It was regarding me... so why not?
So, how do you feel about the censorship in this forum Malligai?

malligai
12th May 2005, 01:55 AM
CC,

i'll take it easy, if u talk to me without that ' :twisted: ' face... :?

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 02:23 AM
do not take it personal. It is nothing against you personally. That is just my face. Some people are ugly. I am that.
I will just be like his then

stranger
12th May 2005, 02:52 AM
well, CC, if you "think" and "feel" and "judge" like the moderator, there will not be any problem. Otherwise you do have a serious problem especially if you are "aggressive" and a "veteran hubber".

* Any post can be deleted using the RULES of THIS FORUM.

* You will be punished unfairly when "judgement" is different from the "hub-team's" judgement.

* After all, moderators are humans and they have weaknesses too, which of course I understand.

* It is just like working for a "firm" -where u have been there for several years- which has been taken over by a "new organization". And the "newcomers" who knows nothing about your contribution will treat you like "trash". You have serious problem if you have some "self-respect" The good old honorable hubbers get little respect- which I AM SEEING-, often because of a "fair" judgement served to them.

If you dont see my post anymore, then assume that I am BANNED and you get the FULL CREDIT for it! :) It had happened before. :)

BTW, I have nothing against the facts! I dont like nodding my head to please any organization. :)

nirosha sen
12th May 2005, 03:23 AM
Stranger - Your last sentence had me in guffaws, Pa!! :lol:

It's precisely that people have no leashes to tie them to this forum, that many have chosen to freely vent their spleen here! Therefore, a bit of rules that are indeed regulated and enforced doesn't hurt anybody's self-esteem, I'm sure!!

Anyway, if you are indeed unhappy abt a particular posting, no harm in asking the Mods. now, is there???? :)

malligai
12th May 2005, 03:28 AM
do not take it personal. It is nothing against you personally. That is just my face. Some people are ugly. I am that.
I will just be like his then

CC,

hope u r not offended by what i said...and who cares about LOOKS?? :? ..so be like this ' :D ' always, ok? :D

stranger
12th May 2005, 03:38 AM
Anyway, if you are indeed unhappy abt a particular posting, no harm in asking the Mods. now, is there???? :)

Well, when you suggest something to the moderator, you VIOLATE a RULE in the forum and get banned or your post will be deleted.

Do you understand "Agony aunt"?!

This forum is an interesting place because of SOME HUBBERS and not because of the "moderators".

There are some "trash-loaders" are the good book of moderators. They have a free-pass. But people like "geno" and "rajasaranam" are punished.

I CAN prove this if you give me your e-mail address.

The only way to SURVIVE here is, just become an "YES-MAN".

malligai
12th May 2005, 03:38 AM
Stranger,

//It is just like working for a "firm" -where u have been there for several years- which has been taken over by a "new organization". And the "newcomers" who knows nothing about your contribution will treat you like "trash". You have serious problem if you have some "self-respect" The good old honorable hubbers get little respect- which I AM SEEING-, often because of a "fair" judgement served to them. //

yeah, i agree with u on this...looks like we have lost 'most of the best' hubbers... :(

[but ofcourse, my posting would be deleted too, for agreeing with u :lol: ]

but this hub has gone through a lot of ''ups and downs''...everyone is over cautious about what they say, and the admins seem to be lurking behind everyone's shoulders...ofcourse we cant blame them too..

CC,

just know that if u have just joined this hub, then u have definetely missesd all the 'fun' :D
this place use to be sooo much more 'live and kicking' before.. :lol:

stranger
12th May 2005, 05:43 AM
rajasaraNam used a "f-word" in a worthy post. The post was just deleted without a warning.

Here is his REACTION!

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:18 pm Post subject:

IAM LEAVING THIS FORUMHUB ONCE FOR ALL AS A MARK OF PROTEST AGAINST THE ARROGANT ATTITUDE OF THE MODERATORS.

-------------------------

Here is someone who got a "free-pass"!

Forum: Tamil Films Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:36 pm Subject: News on Anniyan
yeah bt da words r in tamil
dnt understand a fukin thing
i mean the words u click on

-------------

Then why the heck the ABOVE post is still there?!!!

Some worthless kids are "SENIOR HUBBERS" here.

Some "good hubbers" are punished because they are "taboo" to the moderators??!!

--------------------

Agony aunt:

Could you give a "rationale" here for the "unfair" moderation????

Thiru
12th May 2005, 08:36 AM
CC and others,
We are not opposed to opening different threads and sharing your views and opinions in different forums. we are opposed to opening multiple threads about the same thing, talk sensitive issues like caste/religion etc, use offensive or abusive language... There are tons of threads with meaningful and valuable information being shared among hubbers.. there are threads which serve as a chat thread as well... If a thread was deleted or a post was deleted there's a reason for that.. not because a person or his opinions are not liked by the mod. We are here to keep the forum clean.. So better understand that and cooperate rather than creating troubles..

malligai
12th May 2005, 09:11 AM
Thiru,

All of us want this hub to be a better place for everyone..and we definetely agree that u have job to do to keep this place 'clean'...

I think that language like ''So better understand that and cooperate rather than creating troubles..'', from responsible moderators like u, is what puts one off from posting here. As moderators, even u all have to mind how u frame ur words.. :?

Shekhar
12th May 2005, 09:31 AM
I don't know how many of you who have posted above were in the old hub. The old hub was reduced to absurd level by certain hubbers becasue there was no regulations. I have felt pained and infuriated to see excellent discussion hacked by unimaginable vulgarity, and they got away with it. After having seen the tragedy I for one wholeheartedly welcom the new regulations and discipline. Honestly I would not have entered FH if it were not so.
Personally I feel moderators have been much too lenient many a times than they should be to keep this FH healthy.

Roshan
12th May 2005, 10:27 AM
I agree with Shekhar but I cannot dis agree with Stranger. Both are correct and it's a matter of striking a balance.. Unfortunately that aspect seems to be missing largely. But I certainly understand that Admins/Mods too are human beings and thus prone to prejudices . :wink:

Roshan
12th May 2005, 10:31 AM
BTW, I liked the title of this thread :) Nicely worded !

nirosha sen
12th May 2005, 10:39 AM
:D agony aunty seconds Shekhar too, Pa!! Matter of fact, even recently we had some personal attacks aimed at other hubbers which had been taken care of, much to my relief!! So, I'm afraid the Mods. have taken the right approach.

And if had there been some oversight on their part, what's the harm in pleading your case??? You would do it in front of any arbitrator won't you, Stranger???? :o So, why not here????

Speaking of the title of your thread, now why does it remind me so much of the days of Julius Caeser himself, hmmmm.....???? :wink:

pavalamani pragasam
12th May 2005, 02:02 PM
It had been my sad conclusion that I cant see eye to eye with Shekar on any matter, & what a surprise, here he has said something fully consonant with my thoughts! The beauty of life is its habit of throwing in such surprises :wink:

Shekhar
12th May 2005, 05:56 PM
It had been my sad conclusion that I cant see eye to eye with Shekar on any matter, & what a surprise, here he has said something fully consonant with my thoughts! The beauty of life is its habit of throwing in such surprises :wink:

PP Mam,

Thanx for once!! :) :)

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 10:33 PM
It is I - The Catalytic Converter/Uncle SIV - back with a vengeance!

Nice to see people are responding to something I did not think people cared much about.

Iwas sent an email from moderator SBADRI99 - I read it tand replied to it. Then SBADRI, the moderator responded to my reply avoiding (at all costs) my suggestions and keeping away from answering my questions.
My suggestion and question in brief (after this posting I will paste copies of the moderators statement, my reply, and his/her response - I hope my fellow hubbers will be able to understand my honesty and sincere concerns regarding the tight dictatorial clench with which the "moderators" and the "administrator" "peace-keep" over this forum through the mere means of me showing all of you our mail conversations. I am HIDING nothing!) - I suggested why not allow certain threads with POSSIBLY volatile topics to continue to see how it goes, instead of instantaneously pulling it because YOU feel there COULD be trouble afoot.
You people are not fortune tellers - you do not know what can happen/how people will react to certain things. Something which you thought would be responded to negatively could indeed induce thought-provoking responses. You just never know. I say you should let certain posts/threads at least go on for a while until you see someone put up a post that is "UGLY".
THEN PULL IT!

What do my fellow hubbers think?

The moderator kept saying the one thing he/she could say - Oh, we have seen many threads disintegrate into disgusting and ugly cyber-wars. And from this past experience we know how to spot certain things that could be bad for the forum.
So? Are you saying that there is no room in here for free speech because YOU feel there COULD be cyber wars. Are you going to keep poele from discussing topics they wish to because you are scared to adress it? Are you soothsayer/fortunetellers - that you know what is going to happne. Or are you sooo experienced from just "moderating" over this forum that you know what people will say and how they react that you are in tune with everyone's psyche?
STRANGER - I am with you. We are all tied up in straitjakets and cannot move in here.

What do my fellow hubbers think?
I will be posting right now the statement of the moderator SBADRI99, my reply, and his/her reponse to my reply RIGHT NOW!

Catalytic Converter/Uncle SIV

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 10:38 PM
Dear Unc Siv: You had asked elsewhere why is it that your posts are deleted.

Not all of them have been deleted, only those that are potentially provocative, like your latest post. It is based on the experience of Moderators and the Administrator of this Hub that certain posts are deleted before they start off a flame.

Your intentions may be nice and good, but the number of times such posts have lead to full-fledged "cyber-wars" in the past is the main reason why we are forced at times to remove some such posts, at our discretion.

Hope you understand that the Hub is a place where many people come to discuss ideas, and not all ideas allow themselves for a sane discussion. Some quickly degrade into vitriolic personal attacks, attacks on religion, ethnicities and a host of other such.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your questions, and hope you will join us in keeping the Hub a clean, sane and healthy forum, minus all the negative emotions and tempers.

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 10:39 PM
[tscii:8199103dfa](before you read this keep in mind É = question mark)
Dear SBadri99
I understand where the Hub teams set of moderators and Administrator are coming from. BUT, is the internet not a free form of communicationÉ
I was also under the impression that this forum was not under a dictatorial control, and people were allowed to express their opinion in a free manner.
I understand that certain topics can be volatile. But we all need that fire to keep us going. And a good argument, I find, can be healthy to an individual.
Certain topics cannot and should not just be ignored, just because a handful of people feel it to be controversial. So what if it is controversialÉ Controversy is a good thing!
We cannot just close our eyes to these topics and issues. Whether what I want to talk about may be contoversial or not I will always be respectful and try to be eloquent in my postings. I am not a crude man. I will discuss sanely - as you like to call it.
I feel you guys should allow possibly controversial threads to at least go on for a little while to see how it goes. Instead of just pulling it because you feel something MAY come out of this. Wait and see if something indeed does - if it does, THEN pull it. Something which you thought would be responded to negatively, could indeed induce thought-provoking responses. You just never know.
I say you should let certain posts or threads, at least, go on for a while until you see someone put up a post that is UGLY. THEN PULL IT.

On a whole different topic, Badri, are all the moderators and the administrator for this site from the same country or placeÉ And are you male or female (if you do not mind me asking)É

Just trying to be a good hubber
Catalytic Converter
Uncle Siv
[/tscii:8199103dfa]

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 10:40 PM
Dear CC: What you are saying is of course valid. We should keep the fire in us going, but what if it turns to a conflagration, fanned by winds of dissension?

This has happened repeatedly, and experience teaches you to spot trouble before it happens. Isn't that what risk management is all about? You discover the risk before it cascades into a problem, and manage the risk, so you don't have to manage a problem later. That is what the Mods do in this Forum.

The other thing too is it is not as though we are paid for being moderators. There is no vested interest either in taking off certain topics. It is purely done as a service.

Please do understand that the Mods have their own jobs and other work. Too many fires to fight tire us too. So, we would really appreciate if all hubbers behave in a reasonable and responsible way and help everyone maintain calm and peace.

After all, we are free to do so many things not just here in the Hub, but also in society. But there are laws governing our freedom so that what we think is our right does not impinge on the rights of others.

Catalytic Converter
12th May 2005, 10:42 PM
The three previous posts are my conversations with the moderator SBadri99. Whathe/she said, then what I said, Then what he/she said again.
If You guys do not see me again then I am banned by this NAZI regime.
FIGHT FOR MY RE-INSTATEMENT fellow hubbers - FIGHT!!!
Uncle SIV

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 01:09 AM
But they cannot just ban me as I have said nothing offensive, degrading, disgusting or "ugly". So if they do - that is absolutely unfair and unjust.
Therefore i am not too worried about that really.
Uncle Siv/Catalytic Converter

stranger
13th May 2005, 01:48 AM
Mr. Badri:

The other thing too is it is not as though we are paid for being moderators. There is no vested interest either in taking off certain topics. It is purely done as a service.

Please do understand that the Mods have their own jobs and other work. Too many fires to fight tire us too. So, we would really appreciate if all hubbers behave in a reasonable and responsible way and help everyone maintain calm and peace.

* Nobody wants to trouble here. They just want to tell how they feel about the "moderators' ruling". They are in fact troubled by the moderators, rather! We only wish the moderators understand our frustrations. How would you know if u dont hear from us anyway?

* Nobody is getting paid to post here either. Everybody's time is as precious as the moderators. The hubbers do not get paid for either.

* Have you ever been in a middle of a discussion and tried to post something and next hour it was deleted?

I guess not. Because u r a moderator hubber! I know how it will feel. I can understand the "consequence reaction" of that too. One more thing it will be difficult for those hubbers to defend their case. I wanted them to know at least few of us understood their feeling. That is all.

* Professors are evaluated by the Students. I dont see why not moderators by the hubbers? 8)

It seems Mr. Shekhar and Mrs. PP love this HUB. That is a very good news. Is n't it? You should in fact thank CC for these compliments :)

May God bless this forum!

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 02:06 AM
I think that language like ''So better understand that and cooperate rather than creating troubles..'', from responsible moderators like u, is what puts one off from posting here. As moderators, even u all have to mind how u frame ur words.. :?[/
by malligai

Have you ever been in a middle of a discussion and tried to post something and next hour it was deleted?

I guess not. Because u r a moderator hubber! I know how it will feel. I can understand the "consequence reaction" of that too. One more thing it will be difficult for those hubbers to defend their case. I wanted them to know at least few of us understood their feeling. That is all.

* Professors are evaluated by the Students. I dont see why not moderators by the hubbers?
by stranger

Both of these quotes by Malligai and Stranger, respectively, brings into words what some hubbers are feeling. Malligai - what you said about the way that particular moderator spoke is what I call hitting the nail dead in the head. And Stranger, the way you feel when the moderators take your posts off - and you eagerly log on to see what others have said to your post and you find it DISAPPEARED - is very infuriating. I understand exactly what you are saying too.
Uncle Siv

Thiru
13th May 2005, 07:07 AM
malligai,
That statement was not targeted for everyone but the specific ones who are more interested in creating trouble in the hub...

Catalytic converter,
Dont try to get your 'nice boy' image out here.. Here are couple of threads you started... Read through the rules of the hub and you will know why these were deleted.

Thread 1
This is newbie hubber The Catalytic Converter. I also go by the name of uncle Siv.
I would like to get the opinion of all those of East Indyan or souitheast asian descent living in foreign countries.
What is your opinion on interracialism?
How do you feel when you see a "Brown" male/female with a different breed of man/woman?
I am trying to start a poll
-----------------
Thread 2

Indian gals are made for INDIAN MEN. Our women are for us. That's the way it is meant to be and that is the way it SHOULD be!
All this interracial SH*T is getting a little out of hand - you know what I'm saying. Also, it seems that - as far as interracialism is concerned - Indian women seem to be straying with the white man and the black man more so do other breeds of women stray toward the indian breed of man.
Me nuh like dat sh*t.
------------------

Moderators are here for keeping the hub clean of offensive posts and sensitive subjects. If the hubbers cooperate, there is no need to delete any threads/posts.

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 08:27 AM
Easy there Thiru!!!!
My nice boy image?? Perhaps so, perhaps not!
Not nice boy - just smart and well-thought out and articulate! Perhaps those posts were rash in the way I said it (meaning not well-thought out and articulate, but I put them up after a few incidents I experienced where "poo-poo was thrown in my face as a brown man!) - but it is still what I say.
You are right Thiru - perhaps I shouldn't have said things like that - so rashly. But after the way I was treated and spat on I had to let go of steam, I guess I should have cooled off before putting things up! By the white mans AND the indian girls - very hurtful, but I should HAVE looked past that.
So now you try to sabotage my image, good moderator?
Without knowing where I was coming from.
Is that how you get at your hubbers - by trying to tarnish their name?
Like a little boy - "oh, look what he said, look at that! He is not nice boy!!"
oooh oooh
Very mature Mr. Thiru. Very grown up. :x

Weak Thiru weak!!!

nirosha sen
13th May 2005, 08:53 AM
CC- Ever thought of starting your own Blog, Pa???? You could easily solve your present problems with the rest of the world or hub!! :wink:

Roshan
13th May 2005, 10:18 AM
I dont see anything offensive with the topics of CC's threads that had been deleted by the mods. The first one is absolutely alright and in the second he should have been a bit careful when chosing his words. But that doesnt mean the threads have to be deleted. The moderator who deleted it could have requested CC to change the wording and make it polite.

Dont try to get your 'nice boy' image out here..

See..! even moderators lose their temper and resort to such personal attacks. There's nothing wrong in that as we are all human beings and prone to such weaknesses. But how can the moderators expect the hubbers to maintian calmness when they themselves are not capable of handling such minor issues. :roll:

I'm sure this thread is going to be removed soon and again prove that admins and mods arent capable of handling criticisms. . :x

Shekhar
13th May 2005, 10:40 AM
I think I should bring in one 'mundane' aspect of running a hub into this discussion.
Let us not forget that to run FH, you need money. We don't pay a cent, but talk a lot. Whoever foots the bill owns it. It is simple logic. I cannot tell them how they should run the hub. They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

Akash
13th May 2005, 10:50 AM
s it. It is simple logic. I cannot tell them how they should run the hub. They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

Well Gentle Man, i am rejecting yr Visa as you seem to be "Potential Immigrant"

scorpio
13th May 2005, 10:53 AM
Akash,
:lol: :lol:

To be honest, Shekhar's comment was the only post that made some sense in the last few entries :wink:

Roshan
13th May 2005, 11:09 AM
I think I should bring in one 'mundane' aspect of running a hub into this discussion.
Let us not forget that to run FH, you need money. We don't pay a cent, but talk a lot. Whoever foots the bill owns it. It is simple logic. I cannot tell them how they should run the hub. They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

My car ! My Petrol !! Is that you are trying to say ? Then why call it a public forum? Why call it a forum at all? As Nirosha suggested not only CC even the admins can open up their own blog sites instead of running a public forum and have what they really want. Infact we never asked them to spend out of their own pocket to make us happy :)

Any ways you have partly answered CC's question "This Forum, Oh, My Forum, Ah, Our forum" in your own way :lol:

Roshan
13th May 2005, 11:27 AM
If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

But I cannot do that coz, people like you have made me feel completely addicted to this hub. :D

See.. I did not blame the Admins and mods this time around ! :P

NM
13th May 2005, 11:35 AM
They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit. Very wise words!! :wink: :wink:

a.ratchasi
13th May 2005, 11:42 AM
They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

Yeah, then weeks later come back to make ammends for the missed fun!! :wink:

Roshan
13th May 2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah, then weeks later come back to make ammends for the missed fun!! :wink:

:thumbsup:

Shekhar,

:poke:

Roshan
13th May 2005, 11:57 AM
Very wise words!! :wink: :wink:

Yeah! Wise and Sensible but impossible to follow :wink:

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 12:03 PM
THANK YOU ROSHAN!!
You are a very wise man. To have noticed the hypocricy of the moderators and administrator. They say we should not be offensive when they, themselves, tend to offend people.
The "nice boy" comment. :? - what is that all about? I don't think they could reply to my posting in an equivalent manner that is intelligent, well thought-out, and controlled - hence, the "nice boy" lash out.
Roshan - you seem to spot the dubiousness of these "moderators" also - I commend you for that.
1)And - I do not understand - do these moderators and the Administrator have to pay money to have this forum?
I did not know that.
2)Directed to Nirosha - what is a blog?

Do you hubbers not find controversial topics more interesting to think about and type about? Does it not liven up this forum? I continue to say keep an open mind to controversy.

Roshan
13th May 2005, 12:16 PM
1)And - I do not understand - do these moderators and the Administrator have to pay money to have this forum?

I too am not quite sure. :? Will the admins clarify on this please :roll:

I continue to say keep an open mind to controversy.

Yeah I agree and such controversial arguments should go with the topic instead of getting on too personal !!

Finally..

You are a very wise man.

MAN???? :twisted: No I'm not one and I'm glad I'm NOT. :D

NM
13th May 2005, 12:22 PM
THANK YOU ROSHAN!!
You are a very wise man. Don't you realize yet ?? Such sensible words
Yeah! Wise and Sensible but impossible to follow can only come from a lady?? :wink: :wink:

a.ratchasi
13th May 2005, 12:39 PM
Wise man?
hmmmmm sounds like an oxymoron to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok ok no need to start a fresh war here... :)

Bad ratchasi!!

Roshan
13th May 2005, 01:25 PM
Wise man?
hmmmmm sounds like an oxymoron to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotfl:

jaiganes
13th May 2005, 02:13 PM
I see this problem is something that will never go away. When a moderator is active and he/she removes a post or thread, it will be seen as a violation of freedom. It is natural. What I advocate is to have two or three unmoderated sections in the forum in which hubbers who feel like expressing without inhibitions can participated. People who prefer calmer variety of "hubbing" can stay out. That way, I think the issue can be resolved. At the cost of repeating myself, trying to control everybody, we should not drive those few hubbers away from the forum. Already we have lost enough hubbers who have moved on to other forums. These people are not always "troublesome"(even according to the moderators) to the peace. They may have other things that could be beneficial to the hubbers in general. Considering that creation of "unmoderated section" in the forum hub will make the other sections free of any "incidents" in which moderators would be required to pitch in. It is like having music related discussions in music section, thereby the food section doesn't need to have threads on "Anu malik and ARRahman".

Roshan
13th May 2005, 02:18 PM
That's sounds a sensible and wise suggestion !!

Thanks JG !! :)

blahblah
13th May 2005, 02:54 PM
Oops!I can see that I missed some fun.By the way CC,you have all my support in questioning the establishment.Somehow I find myself addicted to the habit and can see that some guys share the idea too!Go ahead!

scorpio
13th May 2005, 03:01 PM
Blahblah the rebel!

Where were u all these days when we were roasting obelix.. Came to do yr share of roasting in this thread along with CC?? :wink: :wink:

Welcome back!! Hope u r well..

blahblah
13th May 2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks man,oops,woman!I didn't know that you were roasting the sleepwalker mod.Anyway I just joined the hub after a few days and will soon be on the relevant thread :lol: .

Roshan
13th May 2005, 03:10 PM
Welcome back blahblah !! Great to see you !!! :D

blahblah
13th May 2005, 03:14 PM
Welcome back blahblah !! Great to see you !!! :D

Come on ladies,join me on the roast thread to make a feast of it.I somehow like the Badri-mod. :D

Thiru
13th May 2005, 05:11 PM
I dont see anything offensive with the topics of CC's threads that had been deleted by the mods. The first one is absolutely alright and in the second he should have been a bit careful when chosing his words. But that doesnt mean the threads have to be deleted. The moderator who deleted it could have requested CC to change the wording and make it polite.

Dont try to get your 'nice boy' image out here..

See..! even moderators lose their temper and resort to such personal attacks. There's nothing wrong in that as we are all human beings and prone to such weaknesses. But how can the moderators expect the hubbers to maintian calmness when they themselves are not capable of handling such minor issues. :roll:

I'm sure this thread is going to be removed soon and again prove that admins and mods arent capable of handling criticisms. . :x

Roshan,
This is not about losing temper but explaining our stand here.. CC was trying to prove a point as if he was innoncent and we were being wrong in deleting all his threads. As you know, we are strict on issues on race, religion etc... I'm trying to read each of your posts and explain our stand for each and everything but if that doesnt make any sense I'm sorry but I will have to stop responding then. I've received many pm's on personal attacks, abusive language and troublesome threads from different hubbers. In such cases it was not mere judgement of moderators but the input of hubbers which led to deleting the thread.

rajasaranam
13th May 2005, 06:11 PM
Roshan,
This is not about losing temper but explaining our stand here.. CC was trying to prove a point as if he was innoncent and we were being wrong in deleting all his threads. As you know, we are strict on issues on race, religion etc... I'm trying to read each of your posts and explain our stand for each and everything but if that doesnt make any sense I'm sorry but I will have to stop responding then. I've received many pm's on personal attacks, abusive language and troublesome threads from different hubbers. In such cases it was not mere judgement of moderators but the input of hubbers which led to deleting the thread.

Thiru,
Now you dont try to get a nice boy image.
You had been letting 'hindustani ladka' and 'sudhaama' to start threads propagating vedic religion and astrology While you dont let others to voice their opinions. From the previous pages i Found 'CC' trying to talk on the issue of racism. I found him a disturbed person because of some personal experience and I sincerely wanted to respond to his questions regarding racism. whats wrong in talking about that If atall that is going to help us to get some fairer views and improve ourselves.
I was angry on you when you deleted my post in 'God vs Evolution' thread and said ' you had no right to delete my post' but could have requested me to edit my post.
You seem not to understand the emotions of hubbers.
you seem to be fascinated by the 'politics of surveillance' which is worser than the 'Dictatorship of proletariat' that many of the hubbers over here loath off.
You people dont try portraying an image of democrats henceforth. go ahead and announce 'This forum is Run by Fascists' and 'meek shall inherit the hub'

stranger
13th May 2005, 07:37 PM
They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit.

That is your thought. If you can live with it. No problems! As long as u dont suggest that to everybody, I am fine with you.

You want me to show you 90% of the posts do FAIL following the rules. They can be deleted "using" the RULES, "conveniently".

You want me to SHOW YOU "loads of CRAP" overlooked by the moderators?

I CAN QUOTE you right here. Anybody can defend it.

People are concerned when THE SAME rules are "overlooked" for some hubbers and USED for some other hubbers whose BELIEFS do not go along with the beliefs of the "hub-team".

"Victims" shows outbursts when they SEE the trash-loaders and craps are overlooked and some genuine posts are deleted.

Well, this is a very big world, shekhar. You and I know a little about it. BTW, for some people HUB means little more than that of "roasting fellow hubbers" and "joking around" for time pass esp., in FEW SERIOUS ISSUES. They cant take some injustice served to them easily. They want to share with fellow hubbers and ask for justice

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 09:25 PM
Sorry about my booboo Roshan
So you are a female?
Therefore - you are a very wise woman

Catalytic Converter
13th May 2005, 09:41 PM
Concerning what was said by
RAJASARANAM, JAIGANES, and my buddy STRANGER

"You seem not to understand the emotions of hubbers.
you seem to be fascinated by the 'politics of surveillance' which is worser than the 'Dictatorship of proletariat' that many of the hubbers over here loath off.
You people dont try portraying an image of democrats henceforth. go ahead and announce 'This forum is Run by Fascists' and 'meek shall inherit the hub'"
quoted Rajasaranam

Well said Mr. RAJASARANAM. That is how I feel too. The mods are dictators and enforce their will without suggesting to hubbers how they should behave in the forum. They could have very easily sent me an email and said, "look, re-word your statemnt", or "don't make such statments altogether."

And the idea of JAIGANES to have an unmoderated section seems like a very good idea. Because it seems the problem here is with interpretation. What one interprets as "racist bashing", others can interpret as "discussions on race-relations". Therefore if we have an unmoderated section then there is no room for arguments between the moderators and the hubbers about offensive threads, because there is nothing to monitor - so no interpretation is necessary.

And STRANGER you are correct. These mods only use the "rules" conveniently when something is said with which they are not in agreement with.

stranger
13th May 2005, 10:55 PM
CC: Please use this opportunity to make the moderators understand the problems and do not irritate them and make them mad, please. I liked this thread because it helps communicating some different views to the moderators. If they have an open-mind, they will take some from this thread. it is just up to them.

Let me make one thing very clear here, I "told" my perspective to the "hub-team" and not to any particular moderator. In fact, Thiru has been nice to me in particular, always.

So it is not personal, just "business"! 8)

Thank you for letting me share my views, moderators and administrator and, finally thank you, CC, for giving me an opportunity! :)

malligai
13th May 2005, 11:29 PM
CC,

The idea of "unmoderated section" would be nothing but a great diaster. Most of us here know how the ''unmoderated'' old hub was.. :lol:
It was nothing but chaos and confusion, and lots of 'name calling sessions' :lol: .
I think for anyone to voice their opinion without being called 'names' here, moderation in essential, and we must definetely thank the moderators for that.

We must all work towards striking a balance between the moderators and hubbers. If the moderators can just 'moderate' and not 'dictate', :? and we as hubbers make sure that our 'freedom of speech' does not interfere or hinder with anyone else's freedom of speech, then we should be ok.

Afterall most of us here r adults, and dont need a 'cop' to be telling us what to do, and what not to do. :)

nirosha sen
14th May 2005, 03:42 PM
:rotfl:This is like running the govt. isn't it???!!!!

We the people versus the ruling administrators!!!! 8)

Shekhar
15th May 2005, 10:27 AM

Akash,

I have been participating here for more than 4 years now. It has been a wonderful, fruitful experience. And I am thankful to all those open minded hubbers who made feel at home.
Let the FH team tell me that I am not welcome to the hub any more because I am an "immigrant", I will leave this hub for good. They have a right to deny me the visa, not you.

Akash
16th May 2005, 04:11 PM

Akash,

Let the FH team tell me that I am not welcome to the hub any more because I am an "immigrant", I will leave this hub for good. They have a right to deny me the visa, not you.

Big Man, :x This is supposed to be a Joke, as this term " They make the rules. If I like it I will stay. If I don't I quit." supposed to be a spoon feed for visa interviewer to identify that the candidate is POTENTIAL IMMIGRANT. Ok may be i am bad at Humour :wink:

Hope you laugh atleast now :roll:!! then one more thing, i am not in Public Relation Board to Welcome you nor a Bouncer to drive you out ;)

Shekhar
16th May 2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry Akash, I jumped my gun!! :roll: :wave:

Nichiro
16th May 2005, 06:38 PM
On a Lighter note, one thing missing from the heading of this thread is,

Ouch our Forum. :lol:

No offence meant friends.

Nichiro :?:

rajasaranam
1st June 2005, 05:25 PM
With so many threads being started and locked away for never to be accessed. I would like to suggest somethings to the moderators. This suggestion is also due to observation of many threads started for discussing the same topic in various other sections.
If there is a possibility disable the 'NEW TOPIC' from all the pages.
Start a new thread titled 'NEW TOPIC' under every section where new topics can be posted. Or make it such that when one clicks on 'new topic' at any page it opens up this thread titled 'new topic'....
If the topic amuses the moderators or
if they feel that its ok to go with the forum rules or
its found that its a new topic fair enough for discussion in its own right....
only then the MODS make that as a separate thread...
see to it that this new thread is only a place to post a new topic and not a debate platform for others to reply.
Others can reply only when the topic is redirected into a new thread.
else let it be there once for all.
Iam finding vast web space being wasted for discussing the same things--- like if a person needs a IR song then he just opens up a new thread when already there are threads for it. and there are hundreds of threads for ajith - vijay discussion under cinema section :roll:
Hindustani ladka goes on opening new threads to propagate Hinduism, under various names like vedic science, vedic mathematics, astrology and what not .....and every time a MOD has to come to lock it altogether.
Hope the MODS consider this suggestion and do the needful :D

Rama Yanava
1st June 2005, 07:28 PM
why don't you all cry for a broader view of the hub heads? May be the problem is based in there! This is not only my oppinion also of the long term hubbers!

hehehewalrus
2nd June 2005, 04:47 AM

Rajasaranam, vanakkam. Even though bachelor days over, innum late sitting-a? Happy anniversary BTW :D - nalla porutham ur wedding day is close to Thalaivar's bday :notworthy:

rajasaranam
2nd June 2005, 06:28 PM
Rajasaranam, vanakkam. Even though bachelor days over, innum late sitting-a? Happy anniversary BTW :D - nalla porutham ur wedding day is close to Thalaivar's bday :notworthy:
Late sitting than aana veetlayae. Kutti RS vanthu 45 days aaguthu. enga thoonga vidaraan :) BTW thanks for remembering my wedding day , you'll remember my B'Day is very close too.... So triple kondaattam veetla [mupperum vizha] :D

hehehewalrus
2nd June 2005, 06:58 PM
Kutti RS vanthu 45 days aaguthu. enga thoonga vidaraan :)

LOL, Kutti RS vandhadhu sollave illa, vazhthukkal !! Ungalukku Thalaatu kandupidikka prachanaye illa :D

a.ratchasi
3rd June 2005, 06:42 AM
Congrats, RS.

pavalamani pragasam
3rd June 2005, 04:37 PM
Congrats,rajasaranm :D

rajasaranam
3rd June 2005, 10:44 PM
Nandri Walrus, AR and PP madam-mikka nandri :)

Welcome back PP madam, kavithai thiriyil sandhipom :)

rajasaranam
3rd June 2005, 10:46 PM
Ungalukku Thalaatu kandupidikka prachanaye illa :D

Athan thalai noothu kanakulla paadi vachurukaarae :D