PDA

View Full Version : Debate on India's mission to moon

krishnan
12th May 2005, 04:21 AM
Hope everyone has been following India's new satellite launch last week. Again all talks of a moon mission around 2008 started now. The question is

Do we need to invest on it? Both US and former USSR (Now Russia) stopped sending manned mission to moon as that would'nt be worth it. All talks of getting energy from He3 (If at all it's feasible to get it from moon) seems to be a distant probability. Even if we are able to locate He3 presence, I would assume that one will have to dig in like a coal or gold mine. Assume that we do that too using robots, then comes the question of transporting it back to earth. And then there's another problem currently there are no reactors in the world that's capable of handling He3.

So what are the benefits for common man in it? Do you guys think there'll be any research benefits out of it?

If it is only to prove our technological might is it really worth and can we afford it? The same amount could be used for lot of infrastructure and needy projects, or even to other useful scientific projects. What do you all say?

Girish11
14th May 2005, 06:00 AM

Girish11
14th May 2005, 06:03 AM
Ture Krishnan,

But it is still to be proved beyond any reasonable doubt that the
several moon landings of USA (i.e involving the missions where
human beings supposedly travelled) were real. It is still not clear if
it was a conspiracy by USA to win the space war against Russia
or real. I recently saw documentary "Did we land on the moon"
which was actually aired in the Fox channel in USA a few years
back where they show interviews of many recognized scientists
who argue and point out reasons stating that the moon
landings were faked and just filmed using sets in Area 51, later,
thru google search, I was also
able to find out many articles related to this issue on webpages.

I for one am concinved that they were faked. Many reading this
will be surprised, but if you watch the documentary and read
the articles, you may change your minds. The arguements
of scientists claiming this to be a conspiracy are logical and
till date NASA has not convincingly answered to the questions
rasied by these scientists.

Based on the arguements presented by them, it looks
impossible for man to go to moon.

blahblah
14th May 2005, 02:47 PM
My idea is that there is nothing more to be won by having a lunar mission in terms of science,technology or economy.There is nothing more on moon worth exploring which hasn't been done so far.Yet when we look at it,there is something more to it.A lunar mission,even at this stage could serve as an inspiration to the youth in this country.When the expenses are not too high and there aren't too many nations who have landed up on the moon,I don't see why we shouldn't join the 'lunar club'.It may not make material gains but yet any boost to the national pride is advisable[particularly if the Pakis can't do it :lol: ].

Sandeep
17th May 2005, 02:32 PM
My idea is that there is nothing more to be won by having a lunar mission in terms of science,technology or economy.There is nothing more on moon worth exploring which hasn't been done so far.Yet when we look at it,there is something more to it.A lunar mission,even at this stage could serve as an inspiration to the youth in this country.When the expenses are not too high and there aren't too many nations who have landed up on the moon,I don't see why we shouldn't join the 'lunar club'.It may not make material gains but yet any boost to the national pride is advisable[particularly if the Pakis can't do it :lol: ].

Yes it will be a real inspiration for common folks like us in out MISSION TO REACH OFFICE and BACK HOME :lol: