PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS BEST ACTION HERO ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

selvakumar
8th October 2006, 11:16 PM
Gethu Scene :P 8-)

:P :D One of the scenes which mesmerised the younger generation ( us :wink: ) at that time ! :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
8th October 2006, 11:17 PM
in amarkalam ajith's reaction when shalini talk to him romantically without knowing he is acting be in a temple!...thats the first time ajith would go with roses after raguvaran's advice....he would turn around and tell some bad word :lol:

Ulaganayagan
9th October 2006, 01:02 AM
Kamal Haasan

Kaaki Sattai
Apoorva Sagodharargal
Guna
Satya
VV
KuruthiPunal..etc etc etc

You cant call somebody as action king just because he does a lot of action movies..Best Action Star is one who performs his stunts with realism...Rajini,Vijay lose out because they are massy with superman effects

Kamal & VijayKanth (excluding the funny ones in Narasimha etc) are best in performing realistic stunts.
Ajith (except Anjaneya) is good among the youth brigade.

alwarpet_andavan
9th October 2006, 01:15 AM
Aboorva Sagodharargal - The scenes where the villains come to Senior Kamal's house and attck him....
The expression he shows when he is stabbed repeatedly are :notworthy:
Check out the way he 'protects' SriVidhya after he is stabbed, by showing his knife and moving it, while having his arm around her... Pullarikkudhu...... Just see the expression in his face!
Andha scenes la rendu hero... Aandavar and Ilaiyaraaja... :clap: :thumbsup:

P_R
9th October 2006, 01:17 AM
>>digr<<
A_A what Gaana is this ? :-)

alwarpet_andavan
9th October 2006, 01:21 AM
>>digr<<
Taken from the Gaana Aandavar sang in the Kalakkappovadhu Kamal which was retelecast in Jaya TV...

I missed the rerun :(

You can find the audio files here http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=150

P_R
9th October 2006, 01:52 AM
>>digr<<
Taken from the Gaana Aandavar sang in the Kalakkappovadhu Kamal which was retelecast in Jaya TV...

I missed the rerun :(

You can find the audio files here http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=150
Seems like a great program I missed it too.Thanks for the link.

m_23_bayarea
9th October 2006, 06:56 PM
So even in this thread, Kamal is declared the best ?? Man, they should prevent new threads that have the word BEST in it !! Kamal wins, no matter what !! :P :wink: :P

Surya
9th October 2006, 10:33 PM
:lol2:

Well...Kamal has acted in MANY Action Movies. His "ACTION" movies are amoung the best in the industry....:thumbsup:

But he is old now.....Only roles like VV would suit him well! 8-) I don't think he is the best anymore because of his age, and his looks.

Actually I don't think that ANYONE is THE BEST anymore....there are a group of heroes who are the best. not individuals. 8-)

nilavupriyan
9th October 2006, 10:34 PM
So even in this thread, Kamal is declared the best ?? Man, they should prevent new threads that have the word BEST in it !! Kamal wins, no matter what !! :P :wink: :P

universal truth

Thirumaran
9th October 2006, 10:36 PM
Kamal wins, no matter what !! :P :wink: :P

:yes: Do u have any doubts regarding his skills :twisted:

Nerd
9th October 2006, 10:37 PM

VJ is the best according to the poll :roll:

Bay, Rajini is THE best action hero, you know, I know, why argue :lol:

Surya
9th October 2006, 10:38 PM

:yes: :exactly: :lol: 8-)

nilavupriyan
9th October 2006, 10:38 PM

VJ is the best according to the poll :roll:

u two dont have to argue!... :lol:

rajni is the best masala hero...not an action hero...his films are not action movies....complete entertainers....just two fight sequances!

Nerd
9th October 2006, 10:43 PM
I think you have some serious problems nilavu. I meant we both sane people know whats happening and no point in arguing about it trying to win the case against all you wonderful people. Thats what that phrase means 8-)

nilavupriyan
9th October 2006, 10:51 PM
I think you have some serious problems nilavu. I meant we both sane people know whats happening and no point in arguing about it trying to win the case against all you wonderful people. Thats what that phrase means 8-)

ariya pillai...theriyama solliten..adhukaga ipdiyaaaaaaa ....

m_23_bayarea
9th October 2006, 11:24 PM
rajni is the best masala hero...not an action hero...his films are not action movies....complete entertainers....just two fight sequances!

Nilavu Nilavu !! What can I say ??? In case you forgot, the word MASALA came into existence in the early 80s mainly for action-oriented movies .. And in those days, ppl split Rajini as an Action hero, and Kamal as a lover boy !!! I agree Kamal did some action movies in between, but on a broader scale, it's Rajini all the way ... I'm not up for any argument ... If you think Kamal is the BEST in all departments, then so be it !!! I will certainly bow down to your guys' UNIVERSAL TRUTH !!

:notworthy:

m_23_bayarea
9th October 2006, 11:25 PM
Kamal wins, no matter what !! :P :wink: :P

:yes: Do u have any doubts regarding his skills :twisted:

Did I say that ??? I'm just saying he's not the BEST action hero !! :cry: :oops: :cry:

romio
9th October 2006, 11:38 PM
Dada role thala ajith :)
Rajini in style & entertaining :)
kamal in realistic (kurithipunal/vettayadu)

alwarpet_andavan
9th October 2006, 11:48 PM
Some of the comparisons here are like comparing Bruce Lee [THE BEST] with the Jet Lee type 'parakkum' stunts, a la Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Flying Daggers etc....

Realism, credibility, power, raw anger/energy -> Aandavar :thumbsup:
And it has to be noted that he is trained in Karate :)

Even at THIS age, nobody can hold a candle to him in action scenes - example VV, brilliantly choreographed AND executed

P.S: Wonder why 'Auction' [Thats how its written in Thamizh :) ] King Arjun has not been mentioned in this thread...

alwarpet_andavan
9th October 2006, 11:51 PM
[ I agree Kamal did some action movies in between, but on a broader scale, it's Rajini all the way ... I'm not up for any argument ...
Debatable as it may be, even in that case, its not a question of how many, rather its a question of HOW

m_23_bayarea
9th October 2006, 11:52 PM
Some of the comparisons here are like comparing Bruce Lee [THE BEST] with the Jet Lee type 'parakkum' stunts, a la Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Flying Daggers etc....

End of discussion A_A !! Kamal wins, hands down !! :notworthy:

romio
10th October 2006, 12:00 AM
kamal is excellent in Satya too that movie had beautiful song vaLaiyoasai sala sala salavena
kavidhaigaL padikkudhu kuLu kuLu
thendral kaatrum veesudhu :)

In realistic action no one can beat mohanlal but in tamil its kamal in many films but dadagiri style its ajith no one can beat that dhinak dhinak dheeena !

Saeed
10th October 2006, 12:02 AM
It's neither Rajini or Kamal. It's Arjun and Vijaykanth is not far away.

alwarpet_andavan
10th October 2006, 12:06 AM
Talking about stunt scenes, in Pithamagan, the first 'Parotta Kadai' fight is realistic and also unconventional. The choreography and the way its shot is different from the usual scenes.

<Dig>
Later, when i saw Kurosawa's Red Beard, there is a fight scene where Toshiro Miffune single-handedly breaks the bones of all the sidekicks in a brothel. That scene is reminiscent [reverse, i know] of the Pithamagan fight
</Dig>

romio
10th October 2006, 12:10 AM
It's neither Rajini or Kamal. It's Arjun and Vijaykanth is not far away

Yup captainuku shock adikathu :P

http://youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=Vijaykanth&search_sort=video_view_count&search_category=0

Bimboy BimBoy :rotfl:

Kollywoodfan
10th October 2006, 12:10 AM
vijay looks like an awesome action hero in the Pokiri stills, very stylish. :)

Saeed
10th October 2006, 12:15 AM
[tscii:20b5b40ffc]Romio mate, we were talking about action only. Although it might be funny, it can’t obscure his status as an action hero. Do you not think so? Well, opinions may vary.[/tscii:20b5b40ffc]

alwarpet_andavan
10th October 2006, 12:22 AM
Puratchi Kalaignar's best - Captain Prabhakaran, Ramana [Managara Kaaval basically aped CP's fights]

Surya - Nanda to a certain extent but i liked the Mayajaal fight in Ayudha Ezhuthu better. The fight starts very realistically - pesitte irukkumbodhu dhideernu drawing first blood as in real life, unlike shouting warnings like "Aeyy!"

Vikram - Sethu, Dhool and Dhil

Thirumaran
10th October 2006, 12:27 AM
Who is the best action hero in the hub :shaking:

great
10th October 2006, 12:30 AM

its obvious (az)hu(l)kster :cry: :cry:

ramky
10th October 2006, 01:13 AM

one of the Moderators :roll: ? they take 'action' on erring hubbers :P

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 12:48 PM
I must say it was VK and Arjun who were known for the fight scenes and full fledged action sequences ! :)

Ofcouse, I am not referring to VK's latest releases ! Arjun is / was very good :P
VK - The kick that he gives keeping his one leg on the wall ! But he kept on repeating that :roll:

People who have seen VK movies would have gone just for Action rather than something else... Anytakers for Captain's romaanashu... ! :P

PULAN VISAARANAI :thumbsup: :D
MAANAGARA KAAVAL :clap:
Captain Prabaakaran (Full fledged Action) :D :D :D

leosimha
10th October 2006, 12:52 PM
for me AJITH is best at actions scenes...

leosimha
10th October 2006, 01:18 PM
see Godfather action scenes and AAZHWAR action scenes.....u don't get to see the same scenes again and again....all risk taking stunts from Ajith...

joe
10th October 2006, 01:19 PM
see Godfather action scenes and AAZHWAR action scenes....

Where can I see those? :o

leosimha
10th October 2006, 01:22 PM

once the film releases....you can see those stunts...:D

joe
10th October 2006, 01:26 PM

Adengappa! Neenga mattum eppadi ippave paarththa maathiri sollureenga? :?

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 01:36 PM

From our information base, We hope that it will be packed with lot of action.. especially GODFATHER where he plays 3 + 1 (surprise !) roles

joe
10th October 2006, 01:41 PM

From our information base, We hope that it will be packed with lot of action.. especially GODFATHER where he plays 3 + 1 (surprise !) roles

All the best for Ajith :D

villan007
10th October 2006, 01:43 PM

3 + 1 ? :? ...mite be the father's flashback getup and the current getup :?

cancer
10th October 2006, 01:46 PM

:yes: :exactly:

leosimha
10th October 2006, 01:46 PM

Adengappa! Neenga mattum eppadi ippave paarththa maathiri sollureenga? :?

it is all visual creativity......:D

leosimha
10th October 2006, 01:48 PM

Can it be the grandfather role.....i saw a pic where ajith looks very very old...i can say ajith looked to be some 80 year old guy with a remorseful face....

leosimha
10th October 2006, 01:49 PM
have you seen that pic....80 year old ajith.....can it be the grandfather role...i am confused....

groucho070
10th October 2006, 02:49 PM
I wonder what is the definition of action here?

In my book, there is only one actor who can handle it well, with poise, with grace, and fierce determination that includes risking his life to perform stunts. That man is Kamal Haasan.

Few examples:

Sathya: Father of all the current underdog against bigwig don/politician films. Check out the fight sequence and other action scenes. The fight with Nasar on the bike. The chase that leads to the song Potta Vadiyuthu. Basically all the fight sequences.

Vetri Vizha: All the chase sequence and my favourite is the fight in the lift. Quick, sharp and very dangerous.

Indiran Chandran: Again, the fights and check out the scene where Chandran, disguised as Indiran, as to quickly sneak out of the car, settle somethign and get back to the political event he is attending. out of the car, on the roof, etc. He's everywhere. No stuntman.

Michael Madhana Kamarajan: Fixing the speeding car's brake. Need I say more. No stunt double. No blue screen. that's Kamal you see there. Very thrilling and funny scene.

Kakichattai: I can't recall the fight scene, but I remember a chase scene where our Kamal hangs from a freakin' moving crane!

In those days, each time a Kamal movie comes out, the highlight would be the fight/action and what stunt he is going to pull off, literally.

There are a lot more that I have missed out.

These days he mostly resorts to blue screen and wires to do the job. Once in a while, we do get some real stuff.

Kamal is actually the ultimate action king.

leosimha
10th October 2006, 02:57 PM
Have you ever watched the bike stunt scene from the film Paramasivan where Ajith pulled it off with ease.....Ajith does lots of stunt but not the same ones...have u seen Dheena...the stunts were ultimate.....powerful....Attahaasam stunts were also superb....

leosimha
10th October 2006, 02:58 PM
I liked Kamal's stunts in Devar Magan and Aalavandhaan....

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 03:01 PM
have you seen that pic....80 year old ajith.....can it be the grandfather role...i am confused....

I rule this one out completely ! :) The 4th one might be the father role !

joe
10th October 2006, 03:05 PM
Groucho,
Good Post! Nowadays action is mostly depend on camera tricks and technology ,not the personal efforts of the actor.

I always noticed the difference in stunt scenes done by kamal .When somebody hit him ,you can see the pain in his face .He facial expression includes defence ,not just offence .I don't see this with many other heroes.

leosimha
10th October 2006, 03:06 PM

I rule this one out completely ! :) The 4th one might be the father role !

anyways lets wait for the Thala Day.....on Oct 20th, Friday when Varalaaru releases.....

groucho070
10th October 2006, 03:39 PM
Have you ever watched the bike stunt scene from the film Paramasivan where Ajith pulled it off with ease.....Ajith does lots of stunt but not the same ones...have u seen Dheena...the stunts were ultimate.....powerful....Attahaasam stunts were also superb....

Most unfortunate that I have not seen them. Can you describe what takes place?

leosimha
10th October 2006, 03:47 PM

groucho070..........more than hearing...it would be better if you see....coz seeing is believing....there are lots of videos of that bike stunt scene which runs for 4 to 5 mins.....go to www.youtube.com and give a search

but here is a short description...ajith rides a bike at over 100 kmph and stands on the bike and shoots with a gun......while moving at the same speed.....it was risk-taking and much talked about.....

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 04:02 PM

Sorry :) I am not sure whether you might put it on the same place ! But to be precise. PMS climax bike scene is worth a watch if not you don't like other movies of ajith :)

groucho070
10th October 2006, 04:03 PM
Leo. I caught that scene in Youtube. Having been a movie buff, knowing the inner working a little bit, all I can say is I know roughly how that scene was shot.

Alas, in order to not to offend anyone, I reserve my comments.

Ajith should be proud to have fans like you.

leosimha
10th October 2006, 04:38 PM
Leo. I caught that scene in Youtube. Having been a movie buff, knowing the inner working a little bit, all I can say is I know roughly how that scene was shot.

groucho....no way you will be offending me...pls feel free to express your opinion....i agree there are graphics in it....but i am talking about the shooting sequence when he is riding at a high speed....you can see that in the end...when he tries to balance it...he tries to straighten the handle...and then shoots....there were lots of articles on this stunt sequence and people saying that ajith is taking very high risks....even rajini had advised ajith to be careful on taking high risks in stunt sequences and asked him to use a double.....coz 100s of crores is lying behind AJITH....

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 05:26 PM

:D Exactly ! But at the sametime, we are also proud of him for number of reasons. Fighting in a platform known for heir domination ! and that too without much support ! Groucho, I agree about graphics used in the two frames. But all other things are original ! Infact, we were a bit worried when couple of frames were replaced with graphics ! But all other things ! Rest of the frames, are original and he himself performed. ! :D

leosimha
10th October 2006, 05:42 PM

Thank you...........We are pround of being a Ajith fan......

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:14 PM
what a stupid poll?

KAMAL is the best by far......

who can match kamal in stunts that he does without dupes, though he used dupes rarely..... aalavandhan's stunts cant be done by other heroes even in their dreams..... kamal had also proved his excellence in a variety of martial arts... and he is also excellent in namma ooru fights...

martial arts --- ennakul oruvan :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

silambu ----- devar magan :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

umbrella --- anbe sivam :clap: :clap:

blade fight , kuthu varisai---- nammavar :omg: :omg: :thumbsup: :clap:

aalavandhan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

aruvaal fight - virumandi , devar magan :clap: :clap:

kuruthipunal is the best ever action movie....

:cool2: :cool2: :yes: :yes:

and i can give many more examples......

the VV fights are absolutely mind blowing as well.... the post-interval fight is the best in tamil cinema after aalavandhan .... evanum enga thalaivar pakkathula kooda vara mudiyaathu...

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:17 PM
taking about other heroes... only ajith deserves to be mentioned as an action hero... he had done some really good stunts.... in paramasivan, his bike stunts were awesome , but it was spoiled by vomitable graphics which was done by soundarya..... she should never do graphics in cinema again :twisted: :twisted: ... p.vasu :twisted:

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:24 PM
rajini

he uses dupes for climbing stair case, running fast, riding a bike, and what not :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vijay

he is only slightly better than rajini... in his earlier movies, for that sappai stunts that he did without a dupe, the same shot will be repeated many times :lol: :lol: thirupachi, gilli, maduray, sivakasi... intha karumam ellam action movies :notthatway: :notthatway: :argue: :argue: :hammer: :hammer: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :curse: :curse: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :banghead: :banghead: not even one note-worthy stunt ....

and both rajini and vijay dont have an action hero body . peopl who voted for the above two haackusonu heroes must be ashamed :lol:

Vikram, surya

these two are well built and good in ordinary fights.. vikram's fights in dhool and anniyan were irritaing and stupid.. he used a lot of dupes in anniyan... suriya too havent done anything brilliant action sequences, though kakka kakka had good fights...

cancer
11th October 2006, 05:25 PM
taking about other heroes... only ajith deserves to be mentioned as an action hero... he had done some really good stunts.... in paramasivan, his bike stunts were awesome , but it was spoiled by vomitable graphics which was done by soundarya..... she should never do graphics in cinema again :twisted: :twisted: ... p.vasu :twisted:

:yes: those 2 graphics spoiled the whole chasing scenes, like Grouch thought all those scenes are done by graphics...

Vasu :banghead:
wat he thinks about tamil audiences, Train mela paranthu porathum, rear wheel aa thookurathum.... appuram CM la rajini Senthilllllllll Shakthi maan mathree paarnthu vanthu coffee cup ai thatti viduvaaru :rotfl:

Vaasu :evil:

m_23_bayarea
11th October 2006, 05:27 PM
rajini

he uses dupes for climbing stair case, running fast, riding a bike, and what not :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are only looking at movies like Padayappa, Baba, CM or the recent ones in making this statement ... When Rajini started his career, he was known mainly for his ACTION movies only .... And I don't think WE should be ashamed of anything !!! Think twice before you make such RUDE comments !!! :lol: :lol:

And btw, Pls do NOT write Rajini and Vijay in the statement again !!! It hurts true Rajini fans ... We dont want or star to be categorized with anybody, let alone VJ !!! :oops: :cry: :oops:

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:27 PM

:yes: those 2 graphics spoiled the whole chasing scenes, like Grouch thought all those scenes are done by graphics...

Vasu :banghead:
wat he thinks about tamil audiences, Train mela paranthu porathum, rear wheel aa thookurathum.... appuram CM la rajini Senthilllllllll Shakthi maan mathree paarnthu vanthu coffee cup ai thatti viduvaaru :rotfl:

Vaasu :evil:exactly cancer... vasu and soundarya destroyed ajith's great efforts.. paavam ajith... he must never work with novice technicians ...

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:33 PM
rajini

I think you are only looking at movies like Padayappa, Baba, CM or the recent ones in making this statement ... When Rajini started his career, he was known mainly for his ACTION movies only .... And I don't think WE should be ashamed of anything !!! Think twice before you make such RUDE comments !!! :lol: :lol:

And btw, Pls do NOT write Rajini and Vijay in the statement again !!! It hurts true Rajini fans ... We dont want or star to be categorized with anybody, let alone VJ !!! :oops: :cry: :oops: can u please expalin more about those great action sequences done by rajini in his earlier movies... :?: :?:

i will explain one such great haackusonu scene

in murratukalai , our hero will tame a bull.. :lol: :lol: there wont be atleast one shot, showing rajini and the bull in the same frame....

others praising the hero, talking punch dialogues doesnt make a great action hero... there must be some real action done by the hero... all that i said are 100% true and not intending to hurt anyone...

cancer
11th October 2006, 05:33 PM
And btw, Pls do NOT write Rajini and Vijay in the statement again !!! It hurts true Rajini fans ... We dont want or star to be categorized with anybody, let alone VJ !!! :oops: :cry: :oops:

:exactly:

Action Hero -----> not only decided by their stunt scens, Oru Gethu Irukkanum :D

Don mathree Kaatinanganna.. athukku oru value irukkanum..... Chinna pulla thanama irukka koodathu... :lol:

Rajini also one of the best action Hero :)

m_23_bayarea
11th October 2006, 05:35 PM
[/size]... all that i said are 100% true and not intending to hurt anyone...

You only speak 100% truth, nothin short of it dude !!! Yo're the SMARTEST I've ever seen !!! Enjoy !! :P :wink: :P

m_23_bayarea
11th October 2006, 05:35 PM
Action Hero -----> not only decided by their stunt scens, Oru Gethu Irukkanum :D

Don mathree Kaatinanganna.. athukku oru value irukkanum..... Chinna pulla thanama irukka koodathu... :lol:

Rajini also one of the best action Hero :)

:clap:

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:36 PM

Rajini also one of the best action Hero :)i beg to differ... gethu ellaam ennaala accept panna mudiyaathu... if gethu is to be considered, vijaykanth will be the best action hero by far

m_23_bayarea
11th October 2006, 05:37 PM
Dude, it's universal truth you dont like Rajini ... So obviously, anything he does is not gonna make sense to you !!! So why bother and try to prove your hatred is 100% truth huh ?? :lol: :lol:

cancer
11th October 2006, 05:41 PM

Rajini also one of the best action Hero :)i beg to differ... gethu ellaam ennaala accept panna mudiyaathu... if gethu is to be considered, vijaykanth will be the best action hero by far

no :notthatway:

Vjkanth doesnt have that Don gethu look :P

he experienced in Gajendra, :D

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 05:43 PM

he experienced in Gajendra, :D he does have something in him.. saw his perarasu scenes... sema gethu.. i really mean it...

cancer
11th October 2006, 05:47 PM

he experienced in Gajendra, :D he does have something in him.. saw his perarasu scenes... sema gethu.. i really mean it...

Dude.. naan Perarasu paakklaa... :P

ajithfederer
11th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Welcome backkkkkkkkkk :2thumbsup: :swinghead: :bluejump: :redjump: :thumbsup: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lol: :lol:
rajini

vijay

he is only slightly better than rajini... in his earlier movies, for that sappai stunts that he did without a dupe, the same shot will be repeated many times :lol: :lol: thirupachi, gilli, maduray, sivakasi... intha karumam ellam action movies :notthatway: :notthatway: :argue: :argue: :hammer: :hammer: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :curse: :curse: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :banghead: :banghead: not even one note-worthy stunt ....

and both rajini and vijay dont have an action hero body . peopl who voted for the above two haackusonu heroes must be ashamed :lol:

Vikram, surya

these two are well built and good in ordinary fights.. vikram's fights in dhool and anniyan were irritaing and stupid.. he used a lot of dupes in anniyan... suriya too havent done anything brilliant action sequences, though kakka kakka had good fights...

leosimha
11th October 2006, 06:36 PM
aandavaa aandavan.........

I earlier told you that Kamal is one hero who has done mind-blowinf sunts in aalvandhan.....

also i forgot to mention about virumaandi sandiyar....where he does bull fight....wow...really a good one....

but i will never compare ajith with kamal.....kamal is SAKALA KALA VALLAVAN....KAMAL has proved it and no one will be against it I believe...

But I was speaking of the current lot...I can noway compare Ajith with Kamal or Rajini...

So I voted ajith as the best action hero of the current lot...he takes lots of risks...

also those 2 bit graphics in PMS spoiled the scintillating action sequence from ajith...but I talk of only the bike scene....shooting...by standing on the bike while the bike is at high speed...no one can beat AJITH when he is at his BEST...

also Vijay tried to do that in AADHI....I won;t make further comments...

BUT AJITH's ACTION was talked a lot....

DON AJITH...DADA AJITH....always rocks....pls don't bring VK here....VK action scenes are exaggerated....

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 06:37 PM

DON AJITH...DADA AJITH....always rocks....pls don't bring VK here....VK action scenes are exaggerated....yes i agree... but i only told that VK is best, if only gethu is considered,,,

leosimha
11th October 2006, 06:39 PM

DON AJITH...DADA AJITH....always rocks....pls don't bring VK here....VK action scenes are exaggerated....yes i agree... but i only told that VK is best, if only gethu is considered,,,

those gethu is exaggerated by adding special effects....

see DHEENA and ATTAKAASAM for Ajith's gethu....I really liked it...

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 06:41 PM

those gethu is exaggerated by adding special effects....

see DHEENA and ATTAKAASAM for Ajith's gethu....I really liked it...i too liked it...

nilavupriyan
11th October 2006, 06:44 PM
karka karka gethu...

"kan aayiram kai aayiram
endru dhegam koLLA
ibboomiyal nadamidida
ivan dheivam alla"

"oru thiriyum neruppum kadhal kondal thondrum thotram ivan thane"

leosimha
11th October 2006, 06:47 PM
i am not able to get the name of the bald kamal character in aalavandhan....something like that powerful nobody can do it....with that powerful bodybuild up..what biceps.....really he has worked a lot....when this bald kamal used to come on screen...a chill used to run down thru people's heart...simply superb...like that role can anybody do it....till date AALAVANDHAN BALD KAMAL is my favourite....WHAT A PERSONALITY....I wonder if anybody can do it....I want Ajith to do it....but don't know about the result...

leosimha
11th October 2006, 06:48 PM
karka karka gethu...

"kan aayiram kai aayiram
endru dhegam koLLA
ibboomiyal nadamidida
ivan dheivam alla"

"oru thiriyum neruppum kadhal kondal thondrum thotram ivan thane"

:bluejump: :redjump: :victory: :2thumbsup: :cool2: :yes: :exactly: :clap:

Aandavan
11th October 2006, 06:48 PM
leosimha, thats our nandu a.k.a nandakumar ... cant believe that u forgot the name :shocked:

leosimha
11th October 2006, 06:51 PM
leosimha, thats our nandu a.k.a nandakumar ... cant believe that u forgot the name :shocked:

appadaa...yes I got it....NANDAKUMAR of AALVANDHAN rocks.....

yes i am ashamed.....what to do....I was shocked that the movie became a flop....because of which I also forgot the name of the character....the violence could have been reduced....but what to do it happens....Kamal's 200th film....:(

selvakumar
12th October 2006, 09:43 AM
If u people observe Kamal's action sequences, you can see one comman thing :

"He will take the bunches from the opponent. Then he will try to deviate from the stunt by turning aside or to a different direction. Then with utmost force he will deliver the knock by turning, thereby giving a surprise to the opponent"
This is something which I have seen only in Professional Boxers. Kamal's style is quite similar to that !
This is one of my favorite sequences in Kamal's fights ! This can be clearly seen in VV !
Remember the last fight with ILA.
>He takes the knock from ILA.
>Turns aside..
>Collects the force
> with utmost force, he turns again and delivers the knock out punch on ILA :clap:

This scene got added to my list of favorite action sequences :P

I think his lips will be a bit bruished after this. (in the climax).

RATHEESHAJITH
12th October 2006, 11:58 AM
THALA AJITH :clap: :thumbsup:

mareen
10th January 2007, 03:18 AM
Vijay - nengiline,ghille,madurey,aadhi,thirumalai,Thirupat chi etc

Tia
10th January 2007, 03:58 AM
thirupachi tooo!

mareen
10th January 2007, 04:10 AM
yes yes :D :D

Saamy
10th January 2007, 07:50 AM
If u people observe Kamal's action sequences, you can see one comman thing :

"He will take the bunches from the opponent. Then he will try to deviate from the stunt by turning aside or to a different direction. Then with utmost force he will deliver the knock by turning, thereby giving a surprise to the opponent"
This is something which I have seen only in Professional Boxers. Kamal's style is quite similar to that !
This is one of my favorite sequences in Kamal's fights ! This can be clearly seen in VV !
Remember the last fight with ILA.
>He takes the knock from ILA.
>Turns aside..
>Collects the force
> with utmost force, he turns again and delivers the knock out punch on ILA :clap:

This scene got added to my list of favorite action sequences :P

I think his lips will be a bit bruished after this. (in the climax). well explained selvakumar. you are 100% right. Kamal's stunts are by far the most realistic in Indian Cinema.

Raghu
10th January 2007, 04:09 PM
how can u guys miss Arjun??

nerdy
10th January 2007, 07:22 PM
Vijay Vijay Vijay.

mareen
10th January 2007, 10:11 PM
Vijay Vijay Vijay. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

osama_sword
10th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Thala Ajith :thumbsup:

Amarshiva
10th January 2007, 11:27 PM
It's kamal..

Best stunt performances right from older days..

Thayilamal nanillai,enakkul oruvan,adupuliattam (Karate)
Thoongathe thambi thoongathe (bench fight& Horse fight scene)
Sakalakala vallavan(crashing glass) originally done by him
SKV,thevar magan (silambam)
Mahanathi, kuruthipuna( excellent figh scenes).. after mahanadhi there is kamal punch in every stunt movie..You will hear the flesh sound(diph) in mahanadhi..not the regular disyum,disyum..
Satya,AV it goes yaar,, even AS (umbrell fight) watch it boss ..the actions are do-able things.. not the overrated actions like (rope fights)

avven
11th January 2007, 09:00 AM

:thumbsup: :clap: :exactly: :victory:

selvakumar
18th July 2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-03/18-07-07-arjun.html
Action King's deathly leap
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
July 18, 2007
The Action king as done it again! It's old news that for Maruthamalai, producer Oscar Ravichandran has roped in the Dhoom II's action director Ali Ameen. And the action sequences in Maruthamalai is said to be in the never before seen league.

In one of the stunt sequences, the hero has to fall from a high rise building.

Maruthamalai
To make it look more realistic it was decided to tie him on to a rope and just when he reaches the ground level, the rope would be tightened before being released again, as there would be no spongy surface but hard ground. Even though this may sound a little easy it is indeed a very risky stunt. Arjun decided to do the stunt himself without a dupe, and has done it extremely well. He just proved why he is called the Action King. Three cheers to the Action king!

raaja_rasigan
18th July 2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-03/18-07-07-arjun.html
Action King's deathly leap
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
July 18, 2007
The Action king as done it again! It's old news that for Maruthamalai, producer Oscar Ravichandran has roped in the Dhoom II's action director Ali Ameen. And the action sequences in Maruthamalai is said to be in the never before seen league.

In one of the stunt sequences, the hero has to fall from a high rise building.

Maruthamalai
To make it look more realistic it was decided to tie him on to a rope and just when he reaches the ground level, the rope would be tightened before being released again, as there would be no spongy surface but hard ground. Even though this may sound a little easy it is indeed a very risky stunt. Arjun decided to do the stunt himself without a dupe, and has done it extremely well. He just proved why he is called the Action King. Three cheers to the Action king!

idhellam jujubi

just wait & c in vithagan by captain vijayakanth

Vivasaayi
18th July 2007, 05:21 PM
captan is thee best in action and now vijay 8-)

Raghu
18th July 2007, 05:29 PM
idhellam jujubi

intha Caamady keemady thaane venanrathu

raaja_rasigan
18th July 2007, 06:14 PM
idhellam jujubi

:twisted:

neenga munna pinna vijayakanth padangal parthurukkengala..... :roll:

Pras
18th July 2007, 06:18 PM
idhellam jujubi

go to youtube and search for "vijiyaganth rajinikanth", there are some excellent comedies :lol:

raaja_rasigan
18th July 2007, 06:24 PM
idhellam jujubi

go to youtube and search for "vijiyaganth rajinikanth", there are some excellent comedies :lol:

y should i type this to find about vijaykanth comedies :wink:

Kollywoodfan
15th August 2007, 07:16 AM
Apparently it's Arjun's birthday (according to Raaga.com) and I was wondering why the "Action King" himself is not up on the list. Vijayakanth :roll: should be replaced with Arjun. I am a big fan of Arjun.

Recently I watched his Chinna and Rhythm (both which I love)! Anyway, despite being in the field all these years, he still proves that he is the best guy for action! Happy Birthday!

Raaga musical birthday special
http://raaga.com/channels/tamil/actors/Arjun.html

raaja_rasigan
15th August 2007, 12:23 PM
I was wondering why the "Action King" himself is not up on the list. Vijayakanth :roll: should be replaced with Arjun. I am a big fan of Arjun.

nalla dhamasa irukkudhu... :lol:

virudhachalathulayum replace pannidalaama :lol:

Pras
15th August 2007, 01:02 PM
idhellam jujubi

y should i type this to find about vijaykanth comedies :wink:

it is like remixes ... rajini saves vijiyaganth from a snake ... vijiyaganth fights with some villans, and prabhu says to rajini "enna koduma saravan idhu ?" :lol:

RATHEESHAJITH
15th August 2007, 08:41 PM
ADICHU ODAKKARATHULA THALA POLA VARUMA :smokesmirk:

Freedom
16th August 2007, 01:16 AM
Whistle adicha satham varum, Thala Adicha Ratham varum.

Ippo sollunga yaaru best action hero nu 8-)

buddysathi
16th August 2007, 06:41 AM

Reminded me of Goundamani's dialogue,

Someguy: entha elaneer-la thaani varuma?
Gouns: Pinna adhula enna thiayiraa varum?!?!?

Michavanga adichaa enna varum??? :wink:

Vivek4life
16th August 2007, 07:24 AM

Reminded me of Goundamani's dialogue,

Someguy: entha elaneer-la thaani varuma?
Gouns: Pinna adhula enna thiayiraa varum?!?!?

Michavanga adichaa enna varum??? :wink:

sound mattum varum :P

RPB
16th August 2007, 11:38 AM
BEST ACTION HERO IS ILLAYATHALAPATHY VIJAY.

THIRUMALA,GILLI,POKKIRI ECT ARE ACTION FILM OF VIJAY.HE IS NATURAL ACTION HERO,

HE TAKE RISK IN STUNTS WITH OUT DUPE.

NO RISK NO GAIN.VIJAY IS BEST.

selvakumar
16th August 2007, 11:48 AM
sound mattum varum :P
:rotfl:

RPB
16th August 2007, 11:57 AM

:thumbsup: :clap: :exactly: :victory:

:D :D :D :D :D

VIJAY IS BEST

madhus369
17th August 2007, 04:50 AM
I think Rajini should be removed from this list and the question rephrased to "Who is the best action star after Rajini?" :)

Thalafanz
17th August 2007, 07:21 AM
Rajni Sir - He won't do much stunts. But, with his eyes, body language & screen presence - a simple stunt will look mindblowing...
Ex: Thalapathy, Badsha, etc :thumbsup:

Kamal Sir- He like 2 do new thinks & explore a lot. His stunts normally realistic and awesome. Kai vasam niraya vittai thrinjavaru (karate, natyam, silambam etc etc). So, stunts come naturally to him without any difficulties.
Ex: Devar Magan (silambam), Anbe Sivam (umbrella) and lately Vetaiyadu Vilayadu & the list goes on... :thumbsup:

Ajith - In present generation, he's Thala. Normally he avoids dupe & tries everything on his own. Unfortunately, the directors are not utilize him fully (as he's good in bike, car racing & plane handling). Ex: Paramasivan. Eventhough, his bike scenes were awesome, the graphic part spoiled the scenes. With some extra effort by director & cameraman, Ajith's stunts will be mind blowing (as wat we see in English movies or even Hindi movies). Let's pray for the best for Billa. :thumbsup:

Vikram & Surya
Both f them f their own share in stunt sequences. One can never forget the fight sequence Surya did in Ayutha Ezhuthu. This is wat I meant earlier. The fight is simple but the way it was captured is really awesome. As for Vikram, his stunts in Dhool really nice especially with "Marutha Veeran Thaane" song in the background. :thumbsup:

So, my point, everyone got their own talent in showing their stunt abilities. It's upto the director & stunt master to fully utilize the actor and show him as a mass + class action hero in a grand manner. Of course, cameraman plays major role in capturing stunt sequences in a realistic manner.

raaja_rasigan
17th August 2007, 11:14 AM
I think Rajini should be removed from this list and the question rephrased to "Who is the best action star after Rajini?" :)

:lol:

Kollywoodfan
17th August 2007, 08:59 PM
I agree with thalafanz list, but Vijay & Madhavan have proved their mettle in action roles as well.

Movies like Ghilli and Run are some action classics in their career.

Kreedam
17th August 2007, 11:14 PM
THALA THE MASS is best. Villian, DHEENA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Attagasam!

Wait n watch BILLA AJit gonna rock like neva before 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Of course stunts quality wise no one can beat Arjun. He is simply mind blowing!!!

Vivek4life
17th August 2007, 11:32 PM
Of course stunts quality wise no one can beat Arjun. He is simply mind blowing!!!

Kreedam
17th August 2007, 11:34 PM

Yea he can roll as simply like that without making it look awful. 8-)

Kollywoodfan
18th August 2007, 08:29 AM
THALA THE MASS is best. Villian, DHEENA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Attagasam!

:boo: He does it so effortlessly!

Kreedam
18th August 2007, 07:19 PM

:boo: He does it so effortlessly!

Idhaithaan naanum sonen but vivek4life is mocking me :evil: :evil: :x

Kollywoodfan
18th August 2007, 08:16 PM
Chumma-va Action King-nu per koduthange

Kreedam
18th August 2007, 08:18 PM

The opening fight of his in vedam is awesome! Without any BGM and Camera effects he is awesome

Vivek4life
18th August 2007, 10:17 PM
Dhanushukkum thaan thenindia Brucelee'nu koduthaanga :oops:

athai vidunga

DR pattam kuuda chumma chumma kodukiraanga :rotfl2:

so I don't buy the "action-king."

mareen
19th August 2007, 12:53 AM

athai vidunga

so I don't buy the "action-king."yarukku chumma DR pattam koduthaanga ?

Kollywoodfan
19th August 2007, 01:48 AM

The opening fight of his in vedam is awesome! Without any BGM and Camera effects he is awesome

I loved Vedham, but more so for the romanca. It was his own movie apparently.

Action-wise, he rocked in Giri and in Manikanda (not a great film overall), the flashback with him and the fight before the father Arjun was killed was amazing.

Despite what people may think, I feel that Arjun deserves to be on the list more than anyone else.

Devar Magan
19th August 2007, 02:12 AM
Kamal haasar undoubtedly !!!

Dasa-la,

CHinese man VS Englishman fight onnu pothum..

India-laye best action hero namma Andavar thaan-u prove pannurathukku...

Vivek4life
19th August 2007, 06:14 AM

athai vidunga

illaippa. kaasukku thaan koduthaanga :wink:

Kreedam
19th August 2007, 11:07 AM

Dasa-la,

Yea Kamal does stunts so effortlessly! He indeed used to have great body and in shape until sometime back!

Especially that jalikatu fight was awesome :thumbsup:

mareen
19th August 2007, 04:35 PM

athai vidunga

illaippa. kaasukku thaan koduthaanga :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thalafanz
20th August 2007, 05:59 AM

athai vidunga

illaippa. kaasukku thaan koduthaanga :wink:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

RajaRam
21st August 2007, 07:42 PM
In 60s MGR and Jayshankar were famous Action heroes.
In Late 70s Rajini emerged as Action hero.
In 80s Kamal,vijayakanth and Arjun became action heroes.

If you take RISK wise kamal and vijayakanth only come to the front runners.

but Kamal is taking risk even now. So kamal is the winner.

இதுல அஜித், விஜய் வந்தது காமெடி.

RATHEESHAJITH
21st August 2007, 07:48 PM
RAJARAM ANNE VANAKKAM 8-)

RISK YEDUTHU NADIKKARATHILA YENKA THALA

AJITH MAATHIRI VARUMA :angry2:

NEENGHA COMEDY KEEMEDY PANNALAYE :?

Thalafanz
21st August 2007, 07:49 PM
In 60s MGR and Jayshankar were famous Action heroes.
In Late 70s Rajini emerged as Action hero.
In 80s Kamal,vijayakanth and Arjun became action heroes.

If you take RISK wise kamal and vijayakanth only come to the front runners.

but Kamal is taking risk even now. So kamal is the winner.

Neenggal solvathu unmai. It's a well known fact that Kamal is the winner in anything. At the same time, pls don mock the current generation actors as they also can do stunts... 8-)

Thalafanz
21st August 2007, 07:52 PM

Dasa-la,

Pls note that I'm not talking about Kamal-Ajit or Dasa-Billa here...
As far as stunts concern, Chinese man are better than English man. 8-)

Freedom
21st August 2007, 10:44 PM

athai vidunga

Neenga comedy keemady edhuvum pannalaye?!?!?! :roll:

selvakumar
22nd August 2007, 11:34 AM

crajkumar_be
22nd August 2007, 11:43 AM
RR,
Even what others do normally is a strain for Ajith because of his back problem. It's a perpetual struggle for him. Ippadi irukka, risk pathi pesumbodhu idhula Ajith eppadi vandhaaru nu kekkardhu dhaan vedikkaya irukku 8-)

Corleone
22nd August 2007, 12:02 PM
RR,
Even what others do normally is a strain for Ajith because of his back problem. It's a perpetual struggle for him. Ippadi irukka, risk pathi pesumbodhu idhula Ajith eppadi vandhaaru nu kekkardhu dhaan vedikkaya irukku 8-)

Was watching Nayagan last weekend.....theres a scene where his daughter drives the car playfully along the beach with kamal and Janagaraj in the back seat. After a sudden brake kamal wud be thrown out infront of the car....at normal viewing no one wud feel how risky was that....bcos there was no huge flying/jumping......but the speciality abt that stunt was it was REAL.

Kamal is known for performing some REAL breathtaking stunts which wud go unnoticed for the very reason it is REAL and without any gimmicks.

Kamal is the undisputed king of stunt sequences ever.

Pras
22nd August 2007, 12:07 PM
look at the poll ... it is obvious that some (should I say lot of ?) people have voted many times :huh: .... not me :notthatway: ... and look at the "real" result :

VIKRAM [CHIYAAN]
11% [ 13 ]

:D

Corleone
22nd August 2007, 12:15 PM
RR,

THALA has severe back problems and he gets affected quite frequently while stressing a bit physically. I have witnessed in person the pain he goes thru during some shootings. He is someone who takes risks of the highest order.

crajkumar_be
22nd August 2007, 12:18 PM
THALA has severe back problems and he gets affected quite frequently while stressing a bit physically. I have witnessed in person the pain he goes thru during some shootings. He is someone who takes risks of the highest order.

thilak4life
22nd August 2007, 12:23 PM
I've heard first-hand information about this too. It has increased my respect for Ajith.

@topic,

Kamal haasan all-the-way!

selvakumar
22nd August 2007, 12:45 PM
I've heard first-hand information about this too. It has increased my respect for Ajith.

:o Expecting a PM :oops: :roll:

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 12:51 PM
look at the poll ... it is obvious that some (should I say lot of ?) people have voted many times :huh: .... not me :notthatway: ... and look at the "real" result :

VIKRAM [CHIYAAN]
11% [ 13 ]

There is no one to support for Vijayakanth in this hub except me ... but still he got 4 votes..

yaaruppa andha 3 peru :)

Pras
22nd August 2007, 12:57 PM

VIKRAM [CHIYAAN]
11% [ 13 ]

There is no one to support for Vijayakanth in this hub except me ... but still he got 4 votes..

raaja_rasigan, raaja, rasigan and rasigan_raaja ? :lol: :P

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 01:02 PM

VIKRAM [CHIYAAN]
11% [ 13 ]

raaja_rasigan, raaja, rasigan and rasigan_raaja ? :lol: :P

indha madhiri pannanumnu nenachirundha... 4 enna 400 vote potruppaen :)

Pras
22nd August 2007, 01:10 PM
indha madhiri pannanumnu nenachirundha... 4 enna 400 vote potruppaen :)

ungala pathi enakku theriyaatha ? chumma kaamidi :P

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd August 2007, 01:19 PM
andha 3-il onnu naan thaan r_r .. unarchivasa pattu pottuten-nu nenaikiren :lol2:

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 01:39 PM
andha 3-il onnu naan thaan r_r .. unarchivasa pattu pottuten-nu nenaikiren :lol2:

eppavum unarchi vasappadumbodhudhan unmaiya pesum namma ullam :)

Raikkonen
22nd August 2007, 05:56 PM
Yaaru best-nu solla teriyathu
but Arjun, Sarath and Vijaykanth's fight scenes are believable.

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 06:06 PM
Yaaru best-nu solla teriyathu
but Arjun, Sarath and Vijaykanth's fight scenes are believable.

:)

Nice avatar Raikkonen

Raikkonen
22nd August 2007, 06:08 PM
Alexander's climax fight scene was tremendous..
Thanks Raaja Rasigare..
Naanum Vijaykanth fan than...

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 06:15 PM
Alexander's climax fight scene was tremendous..
Thanks Raaja Rasigare..
Naanum Vijaykanth fan than...

o i c....

but, ini oru nalla padam avar tharuvaar engira nambikkai enakku illai... just to be satisfy with his earlier movies

CEDYBLUE
22nd August 2007, 10:01 PM
ILAYATHALAPATHY for all money! he is de best!

mareen
23rd August 2007, 12:39 AM
ILAYATHALAPATHY for all money! he is de best! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lavanya22rit
23rd August 2007, 12:17 PM
ILAYATHALAPATHY for all money! he is de best!

Very true :lol: :lol:

rockydeva
23rd August 2007, 12:45 PM
Who is the BEST ACTION HERO???????????/

Pasam THALA-nu solla vaikkuthu...

BUT manasu KAMAL-nu soluthu....

KAMAL is the BEST action hero ever....

NAYAGAN, SATHYA, Vetri Vizha, Surasamharam , KURUTHIpunal..etc
innum sollite pogala...

Action hero-nu verum fight and paranthu paranthu adikaratu illa...
oru grip irrukanum..facela reaction varanu... and main voice modulation irrukanum..( :( )

So tyo be honest.. my vote is for KAMALHASAN

joe
23rd August 2007, 12:47 PM

innum sollite pogala...

oru grip irrukanum..facela reaction varanu... and main voice modulation irrukanum..( :( )

:thumbsup:

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 01:08 PM

innum sollite pogala...

A very nice post Rockydeva.

Action is a combination of both powerful acting and performing stunts.
Kamal is obviously a champion in both these aspects. He is extremely fit. eventhough Vijaykanth and Arjun were known for their built body kamal is any day better than them and they r light yrs behind kamal when it comes to powerful expressions/acting during action sequences.

But THALA is not far behind in action sequences. He outshines everyone else with his powerful expressions and body language. He creates a huge impact without gimmicks and flying stuff.
Some examples are:
* Barathanatyam fight in varalaaru
* The college fight in Ji
* Plaza corner scene in Dheena
* Shutter fight in Dheena
* Amarkalam fight sequences

I bet NO ONE cud have done the barathanatyam fight better than THALA. Thats my most favorite fight ever. Mindboggling expression, anger in eyes, swift movements, etc.

If Kamal is the emperror THALA is surely the king (by all means...not just abt action)

cancer
23rd August 2007, 01:13 PM
and main voice modulation irrukanum..( :( )

why this " :( " is there ????

cancer
23rd August 2007, 01:16 PM

:thumbsup:

and attagasam fights,

Thala pola varuma song, enna oru gethu :thumbsup:

rockydeva
23rd August 2007, 02:25 PM

:notworthy:

but ULLASAM yeppadi maranthEnga... :thumbsup:

rockydeva
23rd August 2007, 02:27 PM

becoz... MODULATION perfecta illa THALA-kitta..

but in KREEDAM he improved a lot..

SHIVA.. yellar kittayum + and - irruku... nama unmaya othukaruthula thappu illa.. :)

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 02:46 PM

SHIVA.. yellar kittayum + and - irruku... nama unmaya othukaruthula thappu illa.. :)

enna unmai? could you show me an instance of bad modulation, other than his artificial acting in Citizen court scene and Red. And please say who has the 'perfect' modulation. There's no one. Any Thala's comtemperary actors have 'perfect' modulation? Only he is subjected to all kinds of criticism. Have you watched Anniyan?

cancer
23rd August 2007, 03:05 PM

whatever it may be, ur opinion. but when u say abt kamal sir , whats the necessary to quote about " :( " ...

Raghu
23rd August 2007, 03:30 PM
eventhough Vijaykanth and Arjun were known for their built body

i was having a bad day, but i feel great after reading this

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

groucho070
23rd August 2007, 04:58 PM
I responded to this long time ago. But I don't mind repeating.

To me, Kamal holds the title for now. Maybe someone will come along and do something greater.

Two films that has so far been unequaled as far as fight sequences are concerned:

1. Sathya
2. Vetri Vizha.

To a smaller extend.
Apoorva Sahotharargal and MMKR. Kakichattai and Vikram was good at its time, but looks a bit dated. I would vote for TTT, but the fight is influenced by Jackie Chan.

Special Mention.
Rajini in Un Kannil Neer Vazhinthal. There is something hypnotic about those fights.

Honorable mention actually for Rajini, because before martial arts came into pix in early eighties, Rajini had his own unique style of fighting. The one and only time in Tamizh film history, if I may add.

Devar Magan
23rd August 2007, 05:04 PM
great post rocky deva..

Pras
23rd August 2007, 05:29 PM

enna unmai? could you show me an instance of bad modulation, other than his artificial acting in Citizen court scene and Red. And please say who has the 'perfect' modulation. There's no one. Any Thala's comtemperary actors have 'perfect' modulation? Only he is subjected to all kinds of criticism. Have you watched Anniyan?

compared to citizen and red ... or some other ajith movies in which he hadn't had artifical acting, anniyan is a BLOCKBUSTER !!
that's the fact :twisted:

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 05:35 PM
DR. prasanna, ennai oru thambiya ninaichu mannichu vittudungo please please valikkuthu :cry:

Pras
23rd August 2007, 05:40 PM
DR. prasanna, ennai oru thambiya ninaichu mannichu vittudungo please please valikkuthu :cry:

don't worry ... i just like to fight with the people here :D .... but nothing personal :wink: 8-)

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 05:45 PM

compared to citizen and red ... or some other ajith movies in which he hadn't had artifical acting, anniyan is a BLOCKBUSTER !!

So what do u want to say Dr.Pras ?????

Vikram is a better actor than THALA ??
Vikram has bigger BO power than THALA ?????

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 05:55 PM
Corleone, please let it go. It was my mistake and Pras is our friend.

Pras
23rd August 2007, 05:56 PM

cool ... fight :twisted: :D

Vikram is a better actor than THALA ?? ... 4 filfare each ... and 1 national for one of them :roll:

Vikram has bigger BO power than THALA ????? none of our thala's movie has got the opening of anniyan :huh:

Pras
23rd August 2007, 05:57 PM
BTW ... i like you guys calling me Dr. Pras :lol:

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 06:21 PM

Very true Vivek.

We r just having some friendly discussions and I hope Dr.Pras doesnt mind going ahead with this discussion.

Pras
23rd August 2007, 06:23 PM

Very true Vivek.

We r just having some friendly discussions and I hope Dr.Pras doesnt mind going ahead with this discussion.

don't worry, i just love those kind of discussions ;)
don't take anything serious ... and just go ahead :D

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 06:32 PM

Very true Vivek.

Thanks Pras.

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 06:33 PM

cool ... fight :twisted: :D

Vikram is a better actor than THALA ?? ... 4 filfare each ... and 1 national for one of them :roll:

Vikram has bigger BO power than THALA ????? none of our thala's movie has got the opening of anniyan :huh:

Varalaaru collected 10.2 crores in just 2 days which is second best ever opening in the history....and Ji had the second best openings among all films in 2005.
Even craps like trirupathi had huge openings and went on to become hits.....and that defines his mass followings.

Hope u remember Vikram had played second fiddle to THALA in a movie.

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 06:35 PM

Very true Vivek.

Pras paththi theriyaadha... appappo kamedi pannuvaaru..

appadithane :D

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 06:41 PM
none of our thala's movie has got the opening of anniyan

R_R,
U r right :D

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 06:48 PM
In the upcoming actors, I find dhanush promising. Don't know about the risk he takes, but he was particularly excellent in Kathal Kondein.

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 06:48 PM
none of our thala's movie has got the opening of anniyan

R_R,
U r right :D

I I O... naa generalla sonnaen....

neenga ippadi ange cut panni inge cut panni koathu vidadheenga

Pras
23rd August 2007, 06:54 PM
Varalaaru collected 10.2 crores in just 2 days which is second best ever opening in the history....and Ji had the second best openings among all films in 2005.
Even craps like trirupathi had huge openings and went on to become hits.....and that defines his mass followings.

Hope u remember Vikram had played second fiddle to THALA in a movie.

Varalaaru collected 10.2 crores in just 2 days which is second best ever opening in the history.... :shock: :lol: ... no answer to that :huh:

Even craps like trirupathi had huge openings and went on to become hits.....and that defines his mass followings. => sure. and vikram has that "mass power" too ... the last so called "flop" of vikram is majaa ... it ran for 100 days !!!! newcomers or veteran actors calls their movies a hit when they run for more than 50 days ... and a 100 days movie is a flop .. that only shows the mass power and the high expectations of fans for the movie

Hope u remember Vikram had played second fiddle to THALA in a movie. => thala had played second fiddle to vijay in a movie, do you accept that thala is behind vijay then ? :roll:

in fact, kamal has acted second fiddle to sivakumar and rajini to vijayakumar ... that means simply nothing :huh: ...

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 07:03 PM
My question on Thala movies:

Y Thala movies are not able to sustain the so called great openings given by his fans...
is there anything to do with family audience ..

for eg: kreedom may be a hit (?) but it has been replaced by some other new movies ... in half the no of theaters it released (at least in my city ... coimbatore 4 -> 1 1/2) within 1 month..

is Ajith just the king of opening (alone)

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 07:27 PM

Y Thala movies are not able to sustain the so called great openings given by his fans...

for eg: kreedom may be a hit (?) but it has been replaced by some other new movies ... in half the no of theaters it released (at least in my city ... coimbatore 4 -> 1 1/2) within 1 month..

Varalaaru :notworthy:

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 07:27 PM

IMO thats bcos THALA's movies are good.

Opening purely depends on the fan base strength and expectations of the star. When it comes to fan base THALA is second to none. So he is king of openings.
Family audience go for a movie ONLY if it good and entertaining.
Even thou kreedam is good it cant be termed as an entertainer.

THALA's best 2 movies in the last 7 yrs are Villain and Varalaru. Even though THALA's performance was mindboggling Villain and Varalaru are not 100% entertainers.
Unfortunately for some reason THALA never got an action packed entertainer like Gilli, Dhool, Saamy, Run, Gajini, etc.
I am having huge hopes on Billa. Hope Billa wud be something like above mentioned movies.

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 07:35 PM

Varalaaru :notworthy:

Its a pity that after villain varalaru is the only THALA movie which attracted family audience. The truth is that no other THALA nmovie had anything for the common man or the family audience.

Pras
23rd August 2007, 07:41 PM
Corleone,

I made a small calcul ... you said varalaaru collected 10 crores in 2 days ... that means 5 crores in 1 day :

50 000 000 => 5 crores
let's say that ticket price is RS. 200

50 000 000 / 200 = 250 000

means that 250000 people have watched the movie in a day ... let's now say that each theatre has a capacity of 1000 seat :

250 000 / 1000 = 250 ... makes 250 shows a day
each theatre shows 4 times the movie per day :

250 / 4 = 62.5

at least 62, 1000 seats theatres have declared house full for 2 days with 4 shows per day and with ticket rates of about RS. 200 !!!! weird :?

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 07:43 PM

Opening purely depends on the fan base strength and expectations of the star. When it comes to fan base THALA is second to none. So he is king of openings.

THALA's best 2 movies in the last 7 yrs are Villain and Varalaru. Even though THALA's performance was mindboggling Villain and Varalaru are not 100% entertainers.
Unfortunately for some reason THALA never got an action packed entertainer like Gilli, Dhool, Saamy, Run, Gajini, etc.
I am having huge hopes on Billa. Hope Billa wud be something like above mentioned movies.

i asked this because of those bolded lines

Vivek4life
23rd August 2007, 07:48 PM
raaja rasigan

Are the movies that did not sustain worthy of becoming hits? or would it have done a far better job at BO with some other heroes? The bad films are destained to bomb. Because of his star value, the films managed to have great openings. If done by others, the opening would be a non-existence. How did Kathal kOttai, Vaali, Citizen, Villan, Dheena, Varaalaaru etc become box office success? They only managed openings? As far as I know, Varalaaru ran around 100 days and gross was more than of 200-days films
jana, anjaneya, aalwar, ji range from average to very bad. Because he continually acted in the bad ones, some people formed this funny opinion 'only opening and no sustainment'. Varalaaru shattered the short-lived myth.

After seeing the first half of Varalaaru, I thought it's gonna flop. But the second half eased my tentions and I started to have confidence on the film.
I watched FDFS of Kireedom here. I was satisfied with the first half, but was hugely dissapointed with second-half. I expected a lot. I even betted with one hardcore Thala fan, Kireedom is gonna bomb. But it didn't. It was far better compared to his recent films. BTW, You've asked this questions many times and I replied you with the same points every time.

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 07:57 PM
Corleone,

I made a small calcul ... you said varalaaru collected 10 crores in 2 days ... that means 5 crores in 1 day :

50 000 000 => 5 crores
let's say that ticket price is RS. 200

50 000 000 / 200 = 250 000

means that 250000 people have watched the movie in a day ... let's now say that each theatre has a capacity of 1000 seat :

250 000 / 1000 = 250 ... makes 250 shows a day
each theatre shows 4 times the movie per day :

250 / 4 = 62.5

at least 62, 1000 seats theatres have declared house full for 2 days with 4 shows per day and with ticket rates of about RS. 200 !!!! weird :?

Pras,

Varalaaru opened with 300 prints with 5 to 6 shows on the first 2 days. The average theater occupancy was 110% (thanks to standees and extra chairs). Now pls do the same calculation with an average theater size of just 600 and with the average ticket fare of just Rs.50.

This itself contributes to more than 10 crores.

If you consider that the 300 prints being shared by more than 300 theaters and a ticket price of 100 or 200 (minimun ticket fare during the opening weekend was Rs.100 in any theater) then the actual figures wud be extra ordinary.

Thats the power of THALA.

Billa is coming to break this record and create an unprecedented one.

Corleone
23rd August 2007, 08:01 PM

i asked this because of those bolded lines

I would blame it on THALA's script sense.

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 08:08 PM
BTW, You've asked this questions many times and I replied you with the same points every time.

exactly..... but i am unable to identify u.... may be u hav been in some other id... but this time i hav asked without any emotion icons...

most of the time i thought of asking this because i repeatedly c that u people say ji, jana, paramasivan etc. are average & not a loss to producers which people (other than ajith fans) normally think that (including me) are flops.....

RATHEESHAJITH
23rd August 2007, 08:12 PM
PRAS MACHI...

VARALAARU PADATHUKKU COVAI KGLA NAAN BLACK LA THAAN

PAATHEN MACHI...IST DAY IST SHOW 200 RUPEES....

ARCHANA THEATRELA ORU RECORD MACHI...VARALAARU

PADATHUKKU....NORMALA 100 % OPENINGS THAAN IRUKKUM.

BUT VARALAARU 110 % MACHI....

YEPPEEDEENNA 10 % KEELA UKKAAANTHU PAATHAANGHA :D

ITHU THAAN KOVAI ARCHANA RECORD MACHI :swinghead:

ITHU THAAN THALA MAGIC MACHI :thumbsup:

KOOTTI KALICHU PAARU KANAKKU SARIYAA VARUM MACHI :wink:

Raghu
23rd August 2007, 08:44 PM
though i like Ajith, esp after movies like vaali , varalaru...Vikram and Surya are far better actors than Ajith and VJ , this is my HUMBLE opninion

raja Rasigan

ajith king of opening-a , intha camady keemady thane venamrathu

EMPEROR of INDIA and BO is well known to every1, do i need to utter his MANTRA??

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2007, 08:46 PM
though i like Ajith, esp after movies like vaali , varalaru...Vikram and Surya are far better actors than Ajith and VJ , this is my HUMBLE opninion

raja Rasigan

EMPEROR of INDIA and BO is well known to every1, do i need to utter his MANTRA??

He must have said that leaving Rajini and Kamal.

Among the current generation, it shud be Ajith and Vijay.

Raghu
23rd August 2007, 08:54 PM

raja Rasigan

agreed :)

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 09:01 PM

raja Rasigan

agreed :)

YES

raaja_rasigan
23rd August 2007, 09:44 PM

Now i saw today's Dailythanthi (kovai edition)..... no ad for kreedom.... it means it has been replaced in all the theaters .... latest by Rush hour

Corleone
24th August 2007, 10:29 AM

Now i saw today's Dailythanthi (kovai edition)..... no ad for kreedom.... it means it has been replaced in all the theaters .... latest by Rush hour

R_R,

Have u seen kreedam ??

Raikkonen
24th August 2007, 11:09 AM
I cant agree with some people saying the likes of Rajni and Kamal are the best action heroes.. of course its their own opionion and i respect it..
especially Kamal who always tries something interesting in fight seqeunces.. (Bench fight in TTT, silambattam in DM and umbrella fight in AS)
but for me they are full blown entertainers.. who has given us 5 Star comedy classic? Kamal.. who has given us the best tamil movie ever? Kamal..who has given us the biggest hit ever.. Rajni..
So, they are on their own level.. when we talk about Kamal and Rajni, first thing pops to mind is their acting (Kamal) Style (Rajni)

Like for Arjun, Vijaykanth and Sarath.. action is their main priority.. they have the phsyique to make fight scenes believable (not that Rajni and Kamal dont have any, but).. who is the first man comes to mind when we talk about action scenes.. Arjun..
so they dedicated their careers to action movies and action movies alone.. so its unfair to compare them to wholesome entertainers like Rajni and Kamal...

crajkumar_be
24th August 2007, 11:55 AM
[tscii:17768f8a29]@Taking Risks:
idhai indha tharuNathil ingE nAn kUrikkoLLa kadamaippattirukkirEn :)

He’s undergone 14 surgeries and his spine has been fused at three levels! But Ajith has always bounced back into circulation. A medical marvel almost! “I’ve been through hell. I want all the ailing folks out there to know that if you have the determination you can overcome the worst obstacles… The best part is the risky stunts I do have never gone awry. But simple stuff such as jumping off a stool, have confined me to bed!” he laughs.
[/tscii:17768f8a29]

cancer
24th August 2007, 01:22 PM
[tscii:5c1ea51310]@Taking Risks:
idhai indha tharuNathil ingE nAn kUrikkoLLa kadamaippattirukkirEn :)

He’s undergone 14 surgeries and his spine has been fused at three levels! But Ajith has always bounced back into circulation. A medical marvel almost! “I’ve been through hell. I want all the ailing folks out there to know that if you have the determination you can overcome the worst obstacles… The best part is the risky stunts I do have never gone awry. But simple stuff such as jumping off a stool, have confined me to bed!” he laughs.
[/tscii:5c1ea51310]

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Raghu
24th August 2007, 07:06 PM
Duhh, it is OBVIOUSLY Arjun,

Ezhumala :P

Devar Magan
24th August 2007, 07:44 PM
biggest hit ever given by rajini????

Nerd
24th August 2007, 07:54 PM
Best comedy movie ever by KH :shock:
Best tamil movie ever by KH :cry:

Devar Magan
24th August 2007, 08:03 PM
:yes:

crajkumar_be
24th August 2007, 10:20 PM
pinna enna Ramarasan-a??? :confused2:

omega
25th August 2007, 02:15 AM
pinna enna Ramarasan-a??? :confused2:

Athellam DMkku theriyaathu, but Rajini mattum illa??......
May be kamalahaasarnu ninechikkitrupaaru pola!!!!!!!!!!

omega
25th August 2007, 02:16 AM
:yes:

Offcourse, illaya pinna!!!!
Neenga sonna sarthaan!!!!!!!!!!

RajaRam
25th August 2007, 06:56 PM
who has given us the biggest hit ever.. Rajni..

Do you mean only in TN or all over india?

Apoorva sahodararhal.
--------------------
BLOCK BUSTER in south india(TN,Andhra,kerala and Karanataka)
Super hit in North india.

Indian.
----------

Marocharitha.
--------------
Block buster in Andhra and karnataka.
Ek duje keliye(Remake of Marocharithra
Block buster in north india.

One and only other language movie ran 500 days in chennai.

Can you give any tamil hero name who has given hits like above?

Hope you will understand now...

prasana84
25th August 2007, 11:16 PM
For me
1. Superstar rajini - billa, ranga, thalapathy etccc
2. Ajith - ullasam, dheena, amarkalam etccc

prasana84
26th August 2007, 12:08 AM
woow nice 2 see ajith topping :clap: :2thumbsup:

Kollywoodfan
26th August 2007, 01:07 AM
My personal opinion is that Ajith, Maddy do well in action, but they have really innocent faces. For example, in Attagasam, during the action scenes, Ajith's face just didn't ooze the anger and violence, but seemed soft. Same with Maddy in films like Rendu. It's not that they're bad at action, but these two are definitely more apt for romance.

Vikram, Vijay, and Surya, although not great, definitely personify anger and action in respective films like Dhool, Ghilli, and Aaru. They also have more rugged appearances, which adds to the effect.

Rajini and Kamal are great, no doubt, especially since they've had so much practice with the wide variety of action roles they've done over the years. I love Rajini in Thalapathy.

But similar to Raghu and others, my vote goes to ACTION KING Arjun! He is the BEST at action, IMO and he should be on the list. :(

Sinthiya
26th August 2007, 01:34 AM
I cant agree with some people saying the likes of Rajni and Kamal are the best action heroes.. of course its their own opionion and i respect it..
especially Kamal who always tries something interesting in fight seqeunces.. (Bench fight in TTT, silambattam in DM and umbrella fight in AS)
but for me they are full blown entertainers.. who has given us 5 Star comedy classic? Kamal.. who has given us the best tamil movie ever? Kamal..who has given us the biggest hit ever.. Rajni..
So, they are on their own level.. when we talk about Kamal and Rajni, first thing pops to mind is their acting (Kamal) Style (Rajni)

:clap:...yes...reasonable post... :)...

...who is the first man comes to mind when we talk about action scenes.. Arjun..
so they dedicated their careers to action movies and action movies alone.. so its unfair to compare them to wholesome entertainers like Rajni and Kamal...
...Arjun is the action hero...:)

KF...:D :thumbsup:...

omega
26th August 2007, 01:35 AM
who has given us the biggest hit ever.. Rajni..

Do you mean only in TN or all over india?

Apoorva sahodararhal.
--------------------

Indian.
----------

Marocharitha.
--------------
Block buster in Andhra and karnataka.
Ek duje keliye(Remake of Marocharithra
Block buster in north india.

One and only other language movie ran 500 days in chennai.

Can you give any tamil hero name who has given hits like above?

Hope you will understand now...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no one even in the whole universe..
The agony is that none other than you knew about all the above...

Well said again.............I know you have more to offer.....

Vivek4life
26th August 2007, 07:27 AM
On Kamal-is very skilled in karatee, silambam and all sorts of fights and always tries to make his fights different, entertaining and more interesting. rest is left for Kamal devotees. When you talk of 'risk', Kamal's name will strike you in no time.

It's definitely Ajith in the present generation. He lived as a tough rowdy guy in Amarkalam. From the intro to the climax, He was excellent in every action scenes. He's probably the best in giving the right expressions for such scenes. In Dheena, take that shutter scene fight. No words can do justice to the expressions he's shown. The intro fight in the flashback scenes. Check out his Vaali for facial expressions, where the villan Ajith beats up a hang for molestation.

I think somebody mentioned that he looked soft in Attagasam :rotfl: .. Well.. he was supposed to be very innocent, soft and a bit allergic to fights. The dada Ajith, from the Thala pola varuma song, never looked soft or romantic. He's an actor(!!!) and he differentiated both roles to perfection.

Regarding taking risks. The type of risks he takes is normally a big ask for many many actors. Despite having undergone 14 operations, he's done stunts without dope. For such people, even jumping and running should be risky. No director failed to lavish praise on his daring stunts in interviews. Risk is synonymous to Ajith.

MGR-ivar paththi solrathukku naan yaar? :P.

Maddy and Dhanush are noteworthy Maddy's fights may not be commendable but he has a knack for showing expressions of anger..eg Thambi, Jay Jay.
Dhanush was suprisingly good in Kathal Kondein.. some of the scenes were reminiscent of gap10.
gap10 is very under-rated in this department. Just ask all the Paki terr..

Kollywoodfan
26th August 2007, 08:11 AM
I was talking about the dada in Attagasam. :roll: I felt that he looked more convincing playing the "soft" character in Attagasam, that's all. Vivek, I know that he puts a lot of dedication into his stunts and stuff, but that has to do with his dedication, which I agree, is admirable.

crajkumar_be
26th August 2007, 08:30 AM

idhane venamgaradhu...

Yes, CM is the biggest Tamil hit (going by absolute value) but adhukkaaga "none other than you knew about all the above" nu solradhellam over... :roll:

i.e, RR gave the right facts to the wrong "kostin"...

Nerd
26th August 2007, 09:04 AM

idhane venamgaradhu...

Yes, CM is the biggest Tamil hit (going by absolute value) but adhukkaaga "none other than you knew about all the above" nu solradhellam over... :roll:

CR aNNE,
ithukkellAm kaaraNam karthikeyan SIR dhAn. thEva illAma avaru dhAn sambandhamE illAma pEsinAppla :cry:
And RR aNNE facts-la sila pala pizhaigaL uLLathu!

omega
26th August 2007, 06:25 PM

idhane venamgaradhu...

Sarthaan, neenga solliteengaley, kandippa sariyaathaan irukkum....
Exactly, you said it right, he said the right info to wrong kostin...
And RR always does...All his info has been 100% correct ever, only think he tries to sell those to the wrong people ( :banghead: )

Vivek4life
26th August 2007, 09:36 PM
I was talking about the dada in Attagasam. :roll: I felt that he looked more convincing playing the "soft" character in Attagasam, that's all. Vivek, I know that he puts a lot of dedication into his stunts and stuff, but that has to do with his dedication, which I agree, is admirable.

The Dada in Attagasam looked soft :rotfl: next in line, Vaali villan character looked very romantic, soft and never looked like a baddie and then the villan in Varalaaru looked more adorable than the gud guy Ajith?? :shock: It was his best performance in dada types of roles by a long way. He maintained the tough look from the intro to the end of the film. He even maintained it in his intro song, this is where lesser talents don't do justice. In Kathal kOttai, a romantic movie, he showed a great range of expressions in the fight scenes.

Did you try other films I mentioned..? whatever you might say won't matter to me because I know where it's coming from so :wave:

prasana84
26th August 2007, 10:29 PM

The Dada in Attagasam looked soft :rotfl: next in line, Vaali villan character looked very romantic, soft and never looked like a baddie and then the villan in Varalaaru looked more adorable than the gud guy Ajith?? :shock: It was his best performance in dada types of roles by a long way. He maintained the tough look from the intro to the end of the film. He even maintained it in his intro song, this is where lesser talents don't do justice. In Kathal kOttai, a romantic movie, he showed a great range of expressions in the fight scenes.

Did you try other films I mentioned..? whatever you might say won't matter to me because I know where it's coming from so :wave:
i really cant blive ajith can do romance but his action movies r the greatest hits in his carrier he has a very rough face and best hero 2 do action movies

Kollywoodfan
27th August 2007, 12:36 AM

:roll: I never said he was bad in those roles, but if you're that over-sensitive about it, fine, have it your way. I said the same thing about Maddy too, for your information. If you mean Vijay with lesser, I know he's not the best either. This is just my opinion. There's nothing to argue about. :wave:

raaja_rasigan
28th August 2007, 09:27 PM
in the present scenario... every one does the action scenes well & good... for eg: vishal & paruthiveeran karthi, but sometimes konjam overa irukku.... like dhanush in sullan

RATHEESHAJITH
29th August 2007, 08:05 PM
YAAAA YOUNGSTERS NALLA PANRAANGHA UNMATHAAN...

SANDAKOZHI VISHAL, PARUTHIVEERAN KARTHI,
ARINTHUM ARIYAMALUM ARYA....

BUT IVANGALUKKELLAM GURU..............

ULTIMATE STAR THALA AJITH JI :smokesmirk:

RajaRam
31st August 2007, 09:46 PM
Best comedy movie ever by KH
Best tamil movie ever by KH

Please give your list.
(uthiri pookkal,mullum malarum,johny-nu sollidatheenga.... :cry2: )

RajaRam
31st August 2007, 09:48 PM
And RR aNNE facts-la sila pala uLLathu!

pizhaigaL ennanu sonna naan thiruthi kolluven... :P

rbow
1st September 2007, 07:31 AM
Ajith is the best

ThalaNass
1st September 2007, 07:39 AM
Ajith is the best

:D :D :notworthy: yet another Thala fan in the HUB 8-) 8-)

welcome sist.. :P

villan007
1st September 2007, 09:34 AM
Billa the boss :smokesmirk:

Thalafanz
10th September 2007, 06:35 AM

& Billa The MASS :smokesmirk:

ajaybaskar
10th September 2007, 12:12 PM
Best action hero: Arjun

But avaru listlayae illaiyae...

Kollywoodfan
11th September 2007, 06:16 AM
Best action hero: Arjun

But avaru listlayae illaiyae...

:goodidea: :exactly:

Pras
25th September 2007, 06:06 PM
kandhasaamy ... any doubt ? :huh:

Thalafanz
26th September 2007, 07:42 PM
kandhasaamy ... any doubt ? :huh:

Kandhasaamy??? Yaar athu??? Vikram-nu solra bathilukku Kandhasaamy-nu solliteengganu ninaikiren. :lol:

Pras
26th September 2007, 08:07 PM

you said this before Thalafanz :P

Thalafanz
26th September 2007, 08:41 PM

you said this before Thalafanz :P

Wat??? I don get it... :)

Raikkonen
27th September 2007, 10:06 AM
Arjun is the best..

RATHEESHAJITH
4th October 2007, 06:48 PM
THALA AJITH LEADING WITH 44 GOLDEN VOTES :smokesmirk:

sarna_blr
7th March 2008, 11:34 AM
46 diamond votes.....

steveaustin
7th March 2008, 07:17 PM
All out. Thala alone NOT OUT. :P

For all roles, it is only THALA AJITH.

Pras
7th March 2008, 07:23 PM
what append to this thread ? :?

how vikram got 15 votes and vijayganth only 5 ? :? ...

wasn't it on the other way round ? ...

please put it the right way, i am sad for r_r :(

always
8th March 2008, 07:26 AM

yup :smokesmirk: thala na summava :cool:

raaja_rasigan
10th March 2008, 09:50 AM
what append to this thread ? :?

how vikram got 15 votes and vijayganth only 5 ? :? ...

wasn't it on the other way round ? ...

please put it the right way, i am sad for r_r :(

Pras, Let us start the poll again..... ellarum oru thadavai jamesbond thread parthuttu vandhu, manasatchiyoda vote potrungappa :)

sarna_blr
10th March 2008, 04:03 PM
manasaatchiyaa dhaan Ottu pOtten....Adhanaala Ajith'ku vizhundhadhu...

Arivu saatchiya kEkkanum....appo ennOda vote...Gaptain'ku...

raaja_rasigan
10th March 2008, 04:19 PM
Pras... 49-la onnu enga pakkam kavundhuduchu... aduthu yaruppa.....

cancer
10th March 2008, 04:26 PM
Pras... 49-la onnu enga pakkam kavundhuduchu... aduthu yaruppa.....

Avaru mana saatchi padi pesittu irukkarunga, athai kavaninga first. :P