PDA

View Full Version : Andhra Vegetarian Cuisine(Teluginti sakahara Vantalu)

Minni
13th May 2005, 11:09 PM
Guys,

I am motivated to start this thread now. Hope to contribute some traditional vegetarian recipes. Any more andhrites out there...please do contribute your might to this thread as time permits.

Thanks,
Minni

Minni
13th May 2005, 11:49 PM
Andhrites take pride in their generous use of chillies more than any other part of India. People say that once upon a time during famines nothing other than chilli peppers grew and they found a way to make a meal out of it too!
There are several recipes that over generously use chillies. Traditionally there are several varieties of chillies grown and used as per their flavours.
Andhrites are staunch believers in the use of hing, menthulu(methi seeds), and turmeric. So its a characteristic of most of their dishes. They learnt ways to tame the spiciness of mustard by combining it with their favourite chillies.

Other thing Andhra is famous for is their spicy pickles/achar- Avakayalu. One would be amazed how important it is in Andhra for a meal to have several different avakayalu. So this is something that needs to be dealt in detail with as well.

Another aspect for which Andhra is famous is its wide variety of podulu- powders.

I can summarise that Andhrite cuisine is proud of its use of Gongura, vankaya(brinjal/eggplant/aubergine), avakaya, pappu pulusu.

I shall try my best to contribute as many recipes as I can...but please do pardon my slack times in between.

Thanks,
Minni

Minni
14th May 2005, 12:43 AM
If a hostess makes gutti vankaya kura for the guests...then Andhrites consider that the guests are being treated royal by their hosts.
Such is the fame of this "Gutti Vankaya Kura".

Well, what does is mean anyways ?
Gutti means a Bunch. Vankaya means brinjal/eggplant/aubergine.

Why is it called Gutti Vankaya ?
The small purple eggplants are slit into quarters such that they are still attached to their todima..ie., stem(like a bunch hanging from the stem). And the quarters are stuffed with various kinds of 'kooru'(stuffing powder/masala).
The tender the eggplants are, the tastier the end result is.

How do you select the right eggplants ?
Many of you might already know how...but for those of you wondering how...the eggplants should look shiny without any blemishes, or holes and the stem that they are attached to should be in lively green without having that "dried" look.

Ok, now, the important things to keep in mind about vankaya(eggplant/augergine/brinjal) in general are:

You should cut it into a pot with water. This avoids browning and there by retains the original qualities of the vankaya.
Secondly, the tempering with oil is important for retaining the outer texture of the eggplant.
Finally, Salt should be added at the beginning of the cooking process itself.

Should you take care of these three, your end product is likely to be well made, texturewise and tastewise.

Okay there are several ways to make the stuffing. The stuffing varies by its ingredients.

The proportions of the ingredients are not specified because there are no hard and fast rules and people at home add a little of this, little of that. So feel free to try various proportions as per your tastes.

Stuffing variety 1:
Coriander seeds(Dhaniyalu)
Chana dal(Senaga pappu)
Dried Red Chillies(endu mirapa kayalu)
Turmeric
Salt
Tamarind extract
Jeera(Jeelakarra)
Methi seeds, 4-5(Menthulu)
Word of caution:Methi is bitter. So a few seeds go a long way, so you may not need more than 4 seeds if cooking for two.
Hing(inguva) a pinch.

Using less oill helps grind to a powder, which otherwise might result in a hard to grind wet paste.
In very little oil(just enough to coat the seeds), roast Coriander seeds(Dhaniyalu), Chana dal(Senaga pappu), Dried Red Chillies(endu mirapa kayalu).
Then add the Jeera, methi seeds and hing. Let them roast for half a minute or so and then dry grind. To this add tamarind juice/extract, salt and turmeric to make it just a little wet but not a paste.
Now stuff this into the eggplants and fry them in a skillet with decent amount of oil. By decent amount I mean till the eggplants are half full.
This is the traditional way to make it. But I do bake it, by spraying them with cooking oil spray for health reasons.

Stuffing variety 2:
Dried Red chillies,
Chana dal,
Urad dal(mina pappu),
Jeera,
Methi seeds,
Hing,
Turmeric,
Salt,
Tamarind extract

Method same as above.

Stuffing variety 3:
Roasted Til Powde(nuvvulapindi)
Red chilli powder

Salt

Stuffing variety 4:
Peanuts, roasted, powdered
Jeera, roasted, powdered
Red chilli powder
Salt

Stuffing variety 5:
Fresh grated coconut/dried grated coconut
Jeera, roasted powdered
Red chilli powder
Salt

Stuffing variety 6:
Besan(gram flour/senaga pindi)
Jeera, roasted, powdered
Red chilli powder
Salt

Mix the above with one tbsp oil and stuff the eggplants with this.
Optionally you can add some fresh/dried grated coconut to this stuffing.

Stuffing variety 7:(menthi vankaya) Another Popular stuffing.
Dried red chillies
Urad dal
Methi seeds
Jeera
Salt
Turmeric
Tamarind extract.

Stuffing variety 8:
Green chillies
Coriander leaves bunch/cilantro bunch
Salt

Minni
14th May 2005, 01:08 AM
For Andhrites, Pachhadi is a very important accompaniement for their meals. People take pride in the number of pachhadi's served in a meal. Anyways, I shall post a couple today.
When new vegetables like cabbage and tomato started entering the market they made use of their knowledge to use them also.
They happen to be my favourites too!

But talking about traditional pachhadlu, I have to post the recipe for gongura pachhadi...andhrite's pride. Though many of us in US do not have the luxury to get this green leafy veggie, here you go with the recipe.

After you clean the leaves(use a dry towel if possible), in couple table spoons of oil, you need to thoroughly cook it till it forms a thick mass.
Let it cool in an open plate. Add a little salt and turmeric. If you wish to make it such that it lasts a year, you need to let it rest in a clean jar for couple days turning it with a spoon once a day. Else, you can temper with green chillies/(red chillies if you intend to store it for long), methi seeds, mustard seeds.Cool it. Grind this tempered ingredients before adding it to the gongura. Mix well.

Minni
14th May 2005, 01:27 AM
How can I avoid the element chilli highlighted recipes ?

Here you go with them

Kottimeera Karam
(Hot Cilantro/coriander leaves Chutney)

I should admit, this is really tough gathering those individual tender leaves after cleaning the bunch. A couple bunches would yield only a couple handfuls or less of the final result. But on the brighter side, people go gaga over it. Anytime I make it, some guest at home would take my left overs of this. I hate to give it away after all the hard work, but I guess its equally treasured at the other end. I hope someday I can make enough for myself and not serve it for my guests! I know I cannot do it...but its just a hope! :D

Anyways, thats an unnecessary introduction, but here you go with the recipe.

As I already said, need like couple bunches of cilantro, cleaned and dried(in sense that the wetness from the water washed in should be gone). Ideally speaking, if you can...just clean it with a dry towel. Any water left would reduce the life of this pachhadi, so...beware of this fact.

The procedure is very simple. Just roast few green chillies(again cleaned and dried) in couple tablespoons of oil till they are cooked thoroughly, then add the coriander leaves, fry for couple minutes and then cool them in an open plate. After its totaly cooled, add salt, turmeric, dry tamarind(NOT TAMARIND EXTRACT OR JUICE) and grind it.
Voila!
I know I know...its not voila! Its "finally" done!
One of the simplest recipes, but effort and time taking recipes!

If carefully handled this can last more than couple months.

rsankar
14th May 2005, 03:26 AM
Hello Minni,

It's good to see the another new thread. :)

keep up your good work.

rsankar.

rsankar
14th May 2005, 03:33 AM
Hello Minni,

Could you tell me, what is gongura in tamil?

thanks.

sangii77
14th May 2005, 03:38 AM
Hi rshankar,

Gongura is 'pulichha keerai' in tamil.

Sangeetha

svasu_ani
14th May 2005, 03:41 AM
Hi Minni,

I was waiting for someone to start thread for andhra recipes. And a great start with Kutti Vankaya...Am waiting to try these.....

Anitha

R
14th May 2005, 02:48 PM
Good job, Minni..

My SIL was born & brought up in Cuddapah. She used to make erakaaram (dosa's topping) which is so yummy. Though have her recipe with me, the taste wont be the same when I make. Do u have any idea?

Nichiro
14th May 2005, 08:57 PM
Hello Minni,

Mi ku nadi asshirwadamu.
Manchi pani chesedhu Ma . Mana Hub lo, Authentic Andhara vanta jaasti evvuru posting chei ledu.
Mi recipilu chusenu. Saala manchi vivaranamu unnadi.
Pl keep it up.
Nichiro

Minni
14th May 2005, 10:10 PM
Dear R,

I am not sure what you mean by taste is just not same. Please do post your recipe for us and I can probably suggest the proportions.
We usually have karivepaku podi(curryleaves masala powder) with our dosas.
As I said before there are no hard and fast rules about most ingredients..so regionwise and some familieswise they use their own proportions.

I am glad you like this thread. I don't claim to know a lot..but I do keep trying to expand my knowledge.

Thanks,
Minni

Minni
14th May 2005, 10:21 PM
rsankar, svasu_ani,

Thanks for the word of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Nichirogariki vandanamulu, mee abhimananiki kruthagjnuralini. Nenu anta pragjnasalini kaanu, nerchukunna naa kroddhipati vidyanu mee hub sadassulatho charchinchavalenanna vaancha.
I am glad you dropped an encouraging word for us here.

Thanks again,
Minni

R
14th May 2005, 11:25 PM
Hi Minni,

What I meant was that whenever visited my SIL's place, if I had this erakaaram, that was it. The Andhra hot, taste everything made us to eat more and finally, dozed up!! When I tried the same at my home, the taste was good; still, need more practice to compete with her Andhra cooking, guess.

Actually, her father owned a restaurant too which is an additional advantage.

Anyways, will check my note and post you her version of erakaaram and her style of lemon rice too.

Bye.

R
15th May 2005, 12:11 AM
Lemon style(andhra version)

All quantity are app.,

Grind ginger, garlic flakes, green chillies(since it is andhra dish, can take 5) nicely.

Heat oil, add mustard, 1 red chilli and haldi; once it splutters, put the ground paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.

Take the cooked rice and pour the haldi and salt, mix well. Take a handful of roasted gram and coconut, grind well. Pour this mixture(whatever u want)to the rice with the seasoning things. Now, squeeze lime juice and mix all of them together.

------------------------------

Masala dosa:

Prepare dosa batter just like we do.

Other ingredients:

Erakaaram:

onion, garlic (3 or 4 flakes), salt, red chillies or chilli powder 1/2 sp.

Grind the above together nicely. If you dont like the raw onion, garlic smell, saute a bit and grind it with the rest. Keep aside.

Roasted gram powder:

Take a handful of roasted gram, salt, 2 sprigs of curry leaves, hing, 1/4 tsp of chilli powder-grind nicely.

potato masala:

Boil the potato and peel the skin out. Heat oil, add jeera, grated ginger, green chillies, haldi, salt and potato, mix all of them well. Keep aside.

Main part:

Pour dosa batter on the tava; Once the dosa is cooked, put the erakaaram on the top and add 1/2 sp of oil, put roasted gram powder, again pour oil and finally, put masala. Close the dosa and cook on both sides for some time.

Ready to eat with sambar.

Seethab
15th May 2005, 01:18 AM
Wonderful Minni!! Keep it up!!

Seetha

tomato
15th May 2005, 03:46 PM
Nice thread.

Minni
15th May 2005, 09:06 PM
R,

The recipes you posted are very interesting. But I haven't encountered such dosas in the coastal Andhra region where I belong to. Also we use relatively less onions and one Garlic bulb would see us thru ages. As different regions develop different tastes and hence recipes.
I am sorry but I cannot suggest proportions or variations as I am not familiar with this version.

However, I shall post of the kind of Errakaram(Redchilli masala powder) that I know of as being spread on Dosas.
Suggested proportions
Urad dal(minappappu) 2tbsp
Chana dal(Senaga pappu) 1 tbsp
Dried Red chillies(Endu mirapakayalu) 5-7
Dhania/coriander seeds(Dhaniyalu) 1 tbsp
Jeera(jeelakarra) 2 tbsp
Dry ginger powder(Sonti podi) 1 tsp/ 0.5 tsp
Methi seeds 1 tsp
Curry leaves(Karivepaku) say 10-12 leaves
Salt as per taste
Hing a pinch
Dry roast each of the above and dry grind them into powder.

Ok, this can be used as an accompaniement to Idlies also.

Minni

Minni
15th May 2005, 09:38 PM
Lemon rice(Nimmapulihora)
The rice that is referred to as "Lemon rice" is a misnomer..(unless its named after its lemon yellow color). It should be lime rice. As its made of Limes and not Lemons. In India for somereason Limes are referred to as Lemons.
Usually a travel food at my place, people sometimes make it with left over rice too. Simplest dishes are tasty. So is this example. Less taxing on the woman at home, but a well appreciated by one and all.
Also it is made on days of festivals.
Ofcourse there is lemon rice(dabbakaya pulihora) that is made of lemons also. I am sure it follows the same lines of this recipe also..but I will check with my folks for sure before posting it here.

The recipe is as simple as this in most households.

Need 3-4 cups cooked rice. Spread the rice in a wide mouthed mixing bowl. After its slightly cooled Add salt and turmeric(just enough to get that lemon yellow color, yes I mean Lemon not lime that is green))mix juice of couple limes.

Now the tadka/vaghar/tempering/popu/taalimpu is as follows:

In one or two tablespoons of oil, add split urad dal, chana dal, ground nuts, mustard seeds, jeera, hing, sliced green/red chillies, minced ginger and curry leaves.

Mix this with the rice.

P.S. Using Green chillies would give a livelier taste to the freshhness of the lime juice. So if you have green chillies on hand, do use them instead of red chillies.

Green chillies slit into two halves is the way most people do. But I slice them into thin rings...reason...I donno why...!

BKJIGNA
15th May 2005, 09:42 PM
Dear Minni

wonderful..keep it up..bless you
j

R
15th May 2005, 10:29 PM
Surely, will try this powder and let you know the feedback, Minni.

thanks.

Sowmya
15th May 2005, 11:13 PM
Hi minni
Very elaborate descriptions.. great job.Keep it up.Kudos to your patience and interest to share the minute & finer details of each recipe.
I have a question for you..
I happened to taste "averekai curry" at a telegu friend's place.She had used a powder and it gave an outstanding taste.Can you post the recipe for this powder?Can it be used in all curry preparations?Please let me know...
Regds
Sowmya

Minni
16th May 2005, 04:19 AM
Sowmya,
What is averakai ? It doesn't sound familiar to me. Any English or hindi translation ?
Let me know.
I can post our most treasured family recipe for koora karam recipe (curry powder) tommorrow.

Minni

Sowmya
16th May 2005, 07:07 AM
Hi Minni
Sorry for the tamil word.. I meant "Guvar".(cluster beans).Eagerly looking forward to the post of curry powder recipe.

Regds
Sowmya

napolims445
16th May 2005, 05:18 PM
avarekai dishes are karnataka delicacies.
In US u will find them in the frozen vegetable section known as Surti Papdi lilva.

R
16th May 2005, 05:58 PM
sorry to interrupt, Sowmya. Avaraekai is broad beans in English and for kothavarangai, we call cluster beans.

R
16th May 2005, 06:00 PM
And napolims, I dont know which part of US you live in. But, here in NJ, both broad beans and cluster beans(fresher ones) are available in Indian stores, FYI.

Sowmya
16th May 2005, 06:24 PM
Hi R
Sorry for the veg name confusion... guess my knowledge is bad.. I am looking for "kothavarangai " recipe..

Regds
Sowmya

Nichiro
16th May 2005, 06:33 PM
Avarekkai to the best of my knowledge is VAL in Gujarati,what Tamils know as Mochhukottai.In Telugu it is PEDDA CHIKKADU for Broad Beans and in Gujarati it is Moti Papadi Val.
Just Lilva is small Val/Mocchukottai/Avarekkai.

Avarekkai as Napolism said is Karnataka speciality.
But I prepare Broad Beans curry as prepared by Late Suryakantham garu the greatest Telugu actress/Mother/Motherinlaw.
If any one is interested, I can post the recipe privately.

R
16th May 2005, 06:46 PM
Pls, sowmya..dont be sorry. It is just that you as well as me and everyone should be getting the right recipe with the right vegetable. Unusual vegetables like this and many are there, I too use to get confused .

BTW, the one you had at yr friend's place-is there any dhal or just powder?

Thanks for understanding and bye.

napolims445
16th May 2005, 08:12 PM
R,
I do not live in a big city. Here we only get frozen avarekai. i have never seen fresh avarekai in the indian store here... :cry:

Minni
16th May 2005, 08:32 PM
Nichirogaru,

Please do feel free to post her or any recipe here. It would benifit all of us. It is our hubber's sharing platform. Please do NOT consider it as "MY" thread, even if I started it. We are here trying to discuss about "Andhra Vegetarian Cuisine". So be the spirit.

Friends,
I, for somereason had been a picky eater when at home back in India and did not appreciate Chikkudu so much. Now, as a grown up and having started cooking on my own and realizing the beauty and nutrition in the vegetables, I am able to appreciate Indian vegetables. Gooru chikkudu and chikkudu of any kind did not attract me back home as they do now.
I find them in the frozen section if its "guvar" that you are referring to.
I, so far made only couple varieties with it. Will check with my mother about other varieties that can be made with it.

This thread in a way is becoming a learning experience as I am realizing that there is a lot of variety out there that I haven't tried home yet. Thank you guys for this inspiration!

Thanks,
Minni

Sowmya
16th May 2005, 09:28 PM
Hi R & friends
The Guvar(kothavarangai) curry I had a t my friend's place was made using a homemade curry powder.. it was a dry version and very tasty.
Appears it was made using "karam koora" as Minni suggested and we are waiting eagerly for Minni's version of the powder

Regds
Sowmya

Nichiro
16th May 2005, 10:08 PM
Hello Minni ,
Ok , I thought that you would not like it if I post it here.
I will post the recipe in a couple of days.
Thanks for your largeheartedness.
Nichiro

Minni
17th May 2005, 08:01 PM
Koora karam:

I am posting my FIL's passed on family recipe here:

1 cup urad dal
1 cup chanadal
good amount of dried red chillies
1/2 cup coriander seeds(dhanialu)
1/2 cup jeera(jeelakarra)
1/4 cup mustard seeds(aavalu)
1 cup curry leaves
3 tbsp dry ginger powder(sonti podi)
sufficient hing
Salt

Roast Urad and chana dals individually, then coriander seeds, jeera and curry leaves. And dry grind all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.

R
17th May 2005, 08:15 PM
Hello Minni,

This curry powder is interesting. Can I use this powder for all vegetables to make curries or do I have to use only with PARTICULAR veggies?

Thanks in advance.

Minni
17th May 2005, 09:44 PM
R,

I use this powder with most vegetables.
Common vegetables that I/we use it for are brinjal, cauliflower, guvar, beans, kaddu, capsicum, potato and arbi.

Let the vegetable cook with its own water and atmost a tablespoon of oil and after its done just add a couple tablespoons of this powder, mix and turn off the heat. No need to add salt as you have enough in the koora karam itself.

Minni

Sowmya
18th May 2005, 06:51 AM
Hi minni
I prepared the curry powder today and prepared the curry with Radish.It tasted great.
Thanx
Regds
Sowmya

Minni
18th May 2005, 10:14 PM
Sowmya,

I am glad you liked it. So do my friends.
Thanks for the feedback.

Minni

sk
19th May 2005, 12:38 AM
Hi Minni,

My Mother's friend is from Tirupathi,whenever she comes from Tirupathi she used to bring lots of pickles.I love brinjal pickle a lot,but unfortunately she doen't know the recipe .Can u plz post brinjal pickle recipe?.Plz post it whenever u find time.

Thanx a lot ,
Sk

Minni
19th May 2005, 02:10 AM
sk,

There seem to be couple different ways to make it. I haven't made brinjal pickle myself before.
Did the pickle have any ginger garlic taste ?

Or

you could taste the mustard, red chillies ?

Minni

Minni
19th May 2005, 02:21 AM
R,

I was not able to recollect what we call the podi with dosa. I just recollected it is called "karappodi".
The recipe for this is different. Shall post it too.

Minni

Seethab
19th May 2005, 04:07 AM
Hi Minni;

I thought that Andhra recips always have garlic. I used to travel a lot to Andhra towns as part of my work while I was in India and I never used to like the taste of too much garlic in food. Thanks for your explanation on that.

Your recipes are really very interesting!! I am going to try them all.

Thanks

Seetha

khushi
19th May 2005, 06:54 PM
Hi Minni,
Once I had tasted a dhal made with spinach in one of my telugu friend's place, it was very tasty. Can you please post that recipe if you have it? Also, please post the regular dhal recipe too with garlic, tomato etc.

-Thanks,
Khushi.

sk
19th May 2005, 07:42 PM
Hi Minni,

I'm not sure whether it had ginger and garlic but it definetly had red chillies and mustard.

Regards,
Sk

vm
19th May 2005, 08:07 PM
Minni,

Some time back one of our bachalor friend gave us a spicy powder made in Andra called "Gun powder" made of coconuts, dhals, pinch of tamarind and lots of spicy red colour (no Garlic and no pottukadalai). I also have tried Hemanthji's recipe and it was totally different.Can u post me the recipe if u can

kala chandra
21st May 2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Minni,

I have tasted one chilli thokku - andra style, when I went to Australia in my friend's house. Its sour,hot and very tasty. can you please post me the recipe if you have anything like that.

Minni
22nd May 2005, 09:37 PM
VM,
I do not know of any "gun" named powder. Do you know what its called in Telugu ? Karappodi I was referring can be made with coconut also. So, thats the closest I could guess its name.

Kalachandra,
In Andhra, especially around Guntur region where Chillies are supposed to be more spicy, people make a pickle with it called "korivikaram". Its a pickle made with ripe red big chillies. It tastes awesome, but its VERY hot! You might be referring to the same.

I shall post the recipe soon.

Minni

a_gopinathan
22nd May 2005, 10:24 PM
Hi , i am a big lover of andhra pickels. when i was doing PG, my room mate was from andhra and she used to get tomato pickles, chilli pickles etc...the tomato pickle was awesome...i tried the commercial brand pickles we get in indian stores in us, but it doesnt taste good. does any one have a recepie for tomato pickle? thanks in advance

napolims445
25th May 2005, 09:21 AM
Minni,
A lot of people refer to Pappula podi as Gun powder..
reason- because pappulu causes bombs(gas) in stomach if eaten in big quantities and its like gun shots sound...

svasu_ani
25th May 2005, 07:05 PM
Minni,

Can you post the recipe for Beerakkai chutney??

Anitha

svasu_ani
25th May 2005, 11:02 PM
there is also kandhi podi made with thuvar dal...

dev
27th May 2005, 10:11 AM
Hi,

Can anyone post the recipe for dhal curry that is served with Andhra meals?... It usually has some veg or greens in it & I guess it's made using yellow moong dhal...

sunflower
14th June 2005, 01:45 AM
I am looking for pulihora with tamarind. I tasted this Saibaba temple and am sure that it is prepared by andhra person. If any one has that recipe, please share it.

Thanks

baskaran.ramamurthy
16th June 2005, 02:30 PM
Hello,
Many varieties of powders are commonlly served in Andhra Kitchens .To mention a few Garlic Powder and Dhal Powder are very popular and served to be taken along with rice. Please suggest very authentc recipies of the various powders
Thanks
Baskaran

sailu
12th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Dev, how are you doing? Its been a while since I came to the forum. I have a couple of andhra style dal recipes on my blog, do check them out. http://www.sailusfood.com/categories/indian_dal_lentils_pappu_legumes_beans_recipes/

sailu
12th May 2012, 12:52 PM
Here's a recipe for Beerakaya Thooku Pachadi - http://www.sailusfood.com/2009/11/05/beerakaya-thokku-pachadi-rigde-gourd-turai-skin-chutney/ and Beerakaya Kothimira Pachadi - http://www.sailusfood.com/2008/03/31/beerakaya-kothimira-pachadi-ridge-gourd-coriander-chutney/

sailu
12th May 2012, 12:55 PM
Here's a recipe for sun dried tomato pickle - http://www.sailusfood.com/2010/04/02/endu-tomato-pachadi-sun-dried-tomato-pickle/ and sun dried tomato pickle with garlic - http://www.sailusfood.com/2010/06/03/sun-dried-tomato-pickle-garlic-flavored/

sailu
12th May 2012, 12:58 PM
I have many Andhra style Podi recipes on my blog. Do check them out. http://www.sailusfood.com/categories/spice-powders-podi-recipes/

sailu
12th May 2012, 12:59 PM
Here's the gun powder recipe (also called Kandi Podi -http://www.sailusfood.com/2008/03/06/kandi-podi-lentils-spice-blend/

sailu
12th May 2012, 01:01 PM
Its called Palakura Pappu made with spinach and tur dal. Here's the recipe for Palakura Pappu - http://www.sailusfood.com/2008/07/07/palakura-pappu-spinach-dal-palak