PDA

View Full Version : Intro Chatter

tomato
29th April 2005, 11:27 AM
Hey scorpio, badri,
Pardon me I cannot follow tamil. :( wolud u be kind enough to transalate the above two posts pls. I just learnt the tamil word for snakegourd so that i get more recipes from dear hubbers.
Even though i don't know tamil i could make out that u guys were speaking something abt veggie market, rt? :wink:

scorpio
29th April 2005, 11:30 AM
Sorry tomato, u r right, badri was joking the hub has become a veg market with tomato and snake gourd :lol: and I lamented at the way he converted the whole introduction into a silly joke.

Badri
29th April 2005, 11:32 AM
Vara vara, vegetable mandi aaydichu paa, namba hub!! Tomato, podalangai...

Thiru Podalangai Avargale: Thangal Thunaiviyaar Vendakkai Valliayum azhaithhu varuvathu thaane??

Sorry Tomato:

Here goes a rough translation:

Looks like our Hub is becoming a Veg Market these days.

Mr Podalangai: Why didnt you bring your esteemed spouse, Mrs Ladiesfinger (Okra) too to the hub. (in his introduction, snakegourd had said he is married to Ladiesfinger valli)

By the way, here is another tamil word for you.

Thakkaali = Tomato!!! :lol:

tomato
29th April 2005, 11:36 AM
Thank u scorpio and badri for the quick transalation.
And badri tahnx for thakkali=tomato. If u teach me a new tamil word each day, may be soon i too will be able to enjoy the small chit chats u have among yourselves. And maybe one day I'll also be able to post in tamil.

Surya
30th April 2005, 07:46 AM
Podalangai,....Thakaali......I think more vegetariana are joining the hub now. :D

blahblah
30th April 2005, 04:15 PM
Podalangai,....Thakaali......I think more vegetariana are joining the hub now. :D

They will soon become nonvegetarians-What do you say Surya? :D :D

Surya
1st May 2005, 01:44 AM
After some of the Cannibilistic roasting....I'm pretty sure they will. :wink: :D

NM
6th May 2005, 01:13 PM
Hi I am Neeharika..
I've been fighting this urge to comment but alas...can't! You know why? Your pseudo "Neeharika" keeps reminding me of MeeHariIni...
Literally translated to "today's noodle"... :lol: :lol: in Malaysian language! Sorry..but can't help it!! especially when I'm browsing the hub before lunch!! :) :)

Roshan
6th May 2005, 01:32 PM
I've been fighting this urge to comment but alas...can't! You know why? Your pseudo "Neeharika" keeps reminding me of MeeHariIni...
Literally translated to "today's noodle"... :lol: :lol: in Malaysian language! Sorry..but can't help it!! especially when I'm browsing the hub before lunch!! :) :)

I too am fighting this urge to comment on this pseudo. "Today's noodle' ORaLavu paravailla. But this nick reminds me of something not so pleasant. In Sinhala buffalo is called 'meeharaka' - almost the same spelling and pronunciation too sounds similar I guess . :P

Deep_Secrets
7th May 2005, 11:22 PM
:?

podalangai
9th May 2005, 03:34 AM
Thiru Podalangai Avargale: Thangal Thunaiviyaar Vendakkai Valliayum azhaithhu varuvathu thaane??
Yen paa, biryani samaikkira ennama?? Vendakkai valli ippo M.Phil padippile irangi utkaarndhirikkal... avalukku uyrandha ninaippukalukku thaan neram irukku.

They will soon become nonvegetarians-What do you say Surya? :D :D
Naan erkanave non-vegetarian paa... enakku MUYAL KARI romba pidikkum :twisted:
(trans: I favour non-vegetarianism. I am particularly fond of RABBIT MEAT)

Neeharika
10th May 2005, 01:25 PM
Hi I am Neeharika..

Neeharika means "Dew Drops" in sanskrit....sorry friends...not noodles... :lol:

Neeharika
10th May 2005, 01:30 PM
Hi I am Neeharika..

Neeharika means "Dew Drops" in sanskrit....sorry friends...not noodles... :lol: that's my original name u all make fun of me.... :cry:

Badri
10th May 2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Neeharika: No one is making fun of you! Don't worry! I am sure everyone agrees it is a beautiful name, in itself!

Like so many names rhyme with so many things, Neerharika must have rhymed and so reminded them of other things!

But I didnt know it meant "dew drops". Nice name, nice meaning!

NM
11th May 2005, 06:32 AM
Neeharika means "Dew Drops" in sanskrit....sorry friends...not noodles... :lol: that's my original name u all make fun of me.... :cry:.....Hey, girl...we're not making fun of yr name, just reminding us of somethin' :wink: :wink: Hmmm.....cool...dew drops...like it! :D :D

Querida
11th May 2005, 09:39 AM
ellaarum vaNakkam! en pEr Skanthavelu Nadarajah.

I am a white Canadian man who had become interested in and adopted the Hindu religion and Tamil culture. I love Tamil people, language and culture very much. Some of my favorite Tamil foods are, idli, sambhar, rasam, paruppu, murunga paruppu, vadai and dosai. I am eagerly awaiting your replies. nanRi! :)

nice to meet you :D ...what an inspiration...nice to hear when these days our own is so unwilling to be/know/love their own..did you choose your name as well...do you know what it means?

blahblah
13th May 2005, 03:37 PM

Surya,I can't believe you took such pains to see myself honoured with your Avtar.Thank you Pal.

And you hubbers,tell me frankly,who looks cute in his avtar?????????? :D

NM
16th May 2005, 10:11 AM
Vaangge (Welcome) Anu !

Blah 2 - of course the bunny is the cuter one!!