PDA

View Full Version : Audio market crashes

Pras
17th May 2005, 06:13 PM
[tscii:94bb7d66e3]Audio market crashes!
By Moviebuzz
Tuesday, 17 May , 2005, 15:40
The audio market for Tamil films is at an all time low in spite of Chandramukhi audio selling 2.5 Lakh cassettes. But this is attributed to the charisma and curiosity associated with its hero Rajnikanth.

The much hyped Shakar-Harris Jayaraj audio of Anniyan is pretty lukewarm. It has not even crossed the 50,000 mark! Remember that the Shankar-AR Rahman combo used to sell over one Lakh within three days of its launch earlier.

Says a leading audio distributor: “Those days are over. Today MP3 and other free downloading have vitually eaten into the market. Kana Kandein audio which has rocking music will not sell more than 10,000 casettes!”

At a time when music directors like Vidyasagar, Harris Jayaraj and Yuvan Shankar are demanding Rs 30 to 50 Lakhs as salary, the producers will be lucky if they get Rs 10 Lakhs from the sale of audio rights, and this too depends on the hero! For lesser known names going rate for audio rights is a measly Rs 1 Lakh!

Guys, buy original audios ![/tscii:94bb7d66e3]

RATHEESHAJITH
17th May 2005, 06:26 PM
ANNIYANLA YENAKKU PUDICHA PATTU
1. KADHAL YAANAI VARUGIRA REMO ,
RAPPEN REMO.
2. KANNUM KANNUM NOKIO

muzammil84
17th May 2005, 10:13 PM
guys only buy the music albems compose by a treu musicien A.R.rahman, the other md i don't believe they r doing music :p u can give any comment about this message i will not care

Movies
18th May 2005, 03:37 AM
Well, I guess ARR is still the KING!

dinesh2002
25th May 2005, 06:55 PM
looks like ARR def needs do something to Tamil music now...its high time he comes back!!! :evil: he needs to change the style and revive the audio industry!!!

netfriend4u2005
21st June 2005, 04:16 PM
The Audio Market crashed after ARR entry only. So its not a news at all. It was reported in Kumudam Tamil Magazine longggggggg back.

app_engine
23rd June 2005, 01:33 AM
http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=8690

Probably written a year back, but things haven't changed much since then IMHO...

alias
23rd June 2005, 02:50 AM
The Audio Market crashed after ARR entry only. So its not a news at all. It was reported in Kumudam Tamil Magazine longggggggg back.

Yes our new friend is the analyst who was watching the market for us. And those reports of Roja, Gentleman, Thiruda Thiruda getting sold and creating new records were all wrongly projected by Media. They should have gone to this new person and found out how audio market is doing... Sorry dude, next time, before they announce Top 10 Music, they would come and get report from u. :wink:

njv
23rd June 2005, 05:19 AM
netfriend4u2005

audio cassette market crashed around 92-93 because of the entry of music CDs. So dont attribute that to ARR's arrival. The truth of the fact is ARR album sell much more than MJ or any other top notch musician in the world. ARR himself explained this in an interview to one of the reviewer/critic. What he mentioned is that his audio sells about

half a million in tamil
one million in telugu
between 5 to 7 million in hindi, depends on various factors.

So 7 million CD/cassette for 1 album is something only ARR is able to achieve.

If Kumudam quoted that, then dont read kumudam!

njv
23rd June 2005, 05:21 AM
BTW I used have hte link for the interview/review I was talking about. It was in bbc site. The article name is called Rehmanism or Rehmantic or something of that sort. If anyone of you know the link, please forward to this group. The reviewer basically is an independent musician popular in UK, but shunned by US and for the same reason he doesnt like US musician as well. According to him ARR is something the west didnt notice very well. He has high regard for ARR.

interz
24th July 2005, 03:49 PM
does indians also have easy access to download movie songs in india??? thought there were strictly control.

Jacky
24th July 2005, 04:36 PM
"http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=8690

Probably written a year back, but things haven't changed much since then IMHO..."

The author is certainly a biased fan of some other MD.
VS better than Rahman in recent times should be the joke of the century. Though VS is a decent melody composer.
Varnajalam as an imaginative creation - the author is a clown!

alias
26th July 2005, 12:02 AM
Has this guy from screenindia gone cuckoo....What a stupid viewpoint comparing Boys, AE , KKS with thrash albums like Varnajalam, Thendral and Partiban Kanavu. Except one song in Partiban kanavu which other songs in the mention albums deserve to be praised... Man, sure this guy wanted to burst into limelight by called ARR tunes an average.. What a joker :-)

njv
26th July 2005, 02:23 AM
Parthiban kanavu songs are pretty good, but that definitely doesnt initiate a comparision between Boys, AE and KKS. To me Boys AE and KKS and someothing only ARR can give. YSR can give Parthiban Kanavu but VS/YSR can not give Boys/AE/KKS. Varnajalam and Thendral are not even worth mentioning here (there was one melody in Thendral ,but its a lift from some IR Song, so I dont respect Thendral album)

As far as Boys goes, even ARR cant give it again. Boys will live for another 10 to 15 years as "new" song.

vijayr
26th July 2005, 02:45 AM
njv, I dont think YSR is capable of giving Parthiban kanavu.
Atleast not yet.
I have to listen to it to believe that YSR can give something like "aalanguyil". Him and semi-classicals are right now, day and night :-)
But I agree that none of VS's recent albums merit any comparison to AE/KKS etc.

Sanjeevi
2nd August 2005, 10:16 PM
njv, vijayr

eppadiyum sollitu ponga. But ysr is in his stringt and successful way than any other TFM md now. :lol:

balaji
3rd August 2005, 01:31 AM
Sanjeevi

Deva/SAR were among the most successful MDs in the 1990s.
(I consider one of the WORST periods of Tamil Film songs saving grace: songs by ARR, IMHO).

YSR has to grow up and has to show versatality and originality to be considered as a good MD. Success alone does not determine everything.

In the long run original MUSIC will live.

Bala

Nayagan
3rd August 2005, 02:02 AM
The topic is the audio market crashes...
Let us stick to that.

Even if ARR gives a great album, would that revive the market.

I think it might partly...provided we have a block buster album irrespective of the MD(most will lean towards ARR since he has done it b4)

But only if mp3 rips of songs are banned will the audio sales truly increase.

The TN goverment banned pirated VCD.
Can't they also ban mp3 CD?

This might help a liitle bit.

interz
3rd August 2005, 07:09 PM
i doubt that, laws are to be broke, still there are pirate vcds in india.

app_engine
3rd August 2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.chicagodefender.com/page/entertainment.cfm?ArticleID=1711

Shows how much money power can `sponsor' musicians, push certain unworthy albums up etc. (though illegal and against real creativity)...

svaisn
4th August 2005, 09:04 AM
The topic is the audio market crashes...
Let us stick to that.

Even if ARR gives a great album, would that revive the market.

I think it might partly...provided we have a block buster album irrespective of the MD(most will lean towards ARR since he has done it b4)

But only if mp3 rips of songs are banned will the audio sales truly increase.

The TN goverment banned pirated VCD.
Can't they also ban mp3 CD?

This might help a liitle bit.

it is not that easy to ban MP3...

There are easy ways to convert songs to MP3 format ..... which we ourselves can do...