PDA

View Full Version : spicy food and pregnancy

sonumickey
21st May 2005, 08:21 PM
hi

i have heard that, if we are eating lot of spicy food during pregnancy, then our baby will have very little hair on his/her head. i am really worried after hearing this news. bcos i am a lover very spicy food.

is this tale true? can anyone confirm it.

thanks
gayathri

Nichiro
21st May 2005, 08:35 PM
Hello Gayatri,

In such a case, all our Andhrawadu and Namma Kannadigas will be

born bald. :lol:

Don't worry. Take food which appeals you.
My wife survived only on Green Chillies and Buttermilk when she was carrying my son.
He is 33 now and had virtual impragnable mat of thick hair on head and all over.

Enjoy your pregnancy and eat a lot of dry fruits, nuts and food that appeals you.

Nichiro :?:

sonumickey
22nd May 2005, 08:57 AM
hi nichiro

thanks for your response. after you have told me about the Andhrawadu and Kannadigas, now i am feeling more comfortable.

do you have any idea about the tamrind's effect in pregnancy? because one of my friend told me that lots of tamrind is not good now. is it true?

thanks in advance
gayathri

Nichiro
22nd May 2005, 09:21 AM
Hello Gayatri,
excess of anything is not good but during your pregnancy, you tend to eat sour things more.
No problem. Go ahead but balance it with fresh fruits and green salads.
Nichiro

tomato
22nd May 2005, 01:05 PM
Gayathri,
As Nichiro said excess of anything is not good. And the problem with spicy food and tamarind is that you take quite an amt salt along with it, for eg a spicy or sour dish will have more salt in it than slightly blander dishes. And you need to keep your salt intake to a min, espeacially during your third trimester to avoid high blood pressure and water retention. Hope this helps.