PDA

View Full Version : Bhindi Masala

Niranjana
23rd May 2005, 02:57 PM
Yeh!
I made Bhindi Masala today. With help of mom, of course!
I'm pretty excited about it, of course!

scorpio
23rd May 2005, 03:09 PM
I think you have taken Shekhar's post in yr Diamond ring thread seriously.. :lol:

Now, where is Nirosha?? My turn is not supposed to be now :wink:

nirosha sen
23rd May 2005, 04:12 PM
Somebody called me???? :D Who and why, Pa????

I'm just a poor soul who ambles along, treading the er....threads where even angels don't, Pa!! :wink:

Thiru
23rd May 2005, 08:14 PM
Yeh!
I made Bhindi Masala today. With help of mom, of course!
I'm pretty excited about it, of course!

Niranjana,

Pls post your daily activities in one dedicated thread instead of opening a thread for each activity...

jaiganes
23rd May 2005, 09:47 PM
niranjana look for the "current affairs" thread and read what akash has done. Before his achievment , yours pales in comparison. Last I heard was that curd is made by bacterium and yeast. It is the first time curd is made by a human!!! Long live aakash!!!

Thiru wrote:

Pls post your daily activities in one dedicated thread instead of opening a thread for each activity...
Now I guess shekar will step in to say "Moderator has no right to stop hubbers opening stupid threads". What a gentleman!!! (hope guyana doesn't read this) Vicious world this.... :lol: :rotfl:
Niranjana! you may well do to go through the ancient history of this hub. There was a bright star named praveen kumar mandangi the most beautiful and smart hubber. I hope his fate doesn't befall you here.

NM
24th May 2005, 07:38 AM
Niranjana! you may well do to go through the ancient history of this hub. There was a bright star named praveen kumar mandangi the most beautiful and smart hubber. I hope his fate doesn't befall you here.JG.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shekhar
24th May 2005, 09:08 AM
Hey! This thread is not supposed to go awry like this :? :? .

where is tomato? Please come to the rescue of the darling girl.!! :lol:

Badri
24th May 2005, 09:11 AM
Come on, Shekar! you can salvage this thread all by yourself!

Why call tomato? But have to admit, I am curious what tomato would say too!

Again, I guess Niranjana got inspired to make bhindi masala after reading your story! You have only yourself to blame, my dear Shekar!

Shekhar
24th May 2005, 09:11 AM
Thiru wrote:

Now I guess shekar will step in to say "Moderator has no right to stop hubbers opening stupid threads". What a gentleman!!! (hope guyana doesn't read this) Vicious world this.... :lol: :rotfl:
Niranjana! you may well do to go through the ancient history of this hub. There was a bright star named praveen kumar mandangi the most beautiful and smart hubber. I hope his fate doesn't befall you here.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Niranjana
24th May 2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for responding so 'positively'
What you guys forget is that I'm so young compared to u all. What seems significant to me, may seem very insignificant to u. And in a couple of years, the very same thing could mean trivial to me.

First of all, cooking something isn't one of my 'daily activities'. Ths is the very first time, I'm making myself available in the kitchen............

Anyway, thanks for the response, I'll be careful next time.

NM
24th May 2005, 09:44 AM
niranjana - perhaps you can add tomato in your bhindi masala to add flavour to yr dish.. :wink: :lol: and then you call it your own-bhindi-tomato masala :wink: anyway, salute you for being such a high-spirited girl!!

tomato
24th May 2005, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure if Niranjana has learnt her lesson, but I sure have. :notworthy:

And Badri (MOD) pls move this thread to the 'Indian Food' Section just like u moved the "Pav bhaji' thread which to this date has not a single post, but only 53 views (just some curious souls, looking for a good recipe for pav bhaji but throughly dissappointed).

Badri
24th May 2005, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure if Niranjana has learnt her lesson, but I sure have. :notworthy:

And Badri (MOD) pls move this thread to the 'Indian Food' Section just like u moved the "Pav bhaji' thread which to this date has not a single post, but only 53 views (just some curious souls, looking for a good recipe for pav bhaji but throughly dissappointed).

Why tomato? So that more people can go and be disappointed looking for recipes for bhindi masala? :lol:

Nichiro
24th May 2005, 04:19 PM
First of all, cooking something isn't one of my 'daily activities'. Ths is the very first time, I'm making myself available in the kitchen............

Hello Niranjana,
Please move over to INDIAN FOOD thread.
Many will help you.
I can give you a link in the meanwhile.

http://www.hemant-trivedis-cookery-corner.com/curry/stuffed-lady-fingre.html

You can click on www link provided under my posting here for more recipes.

Nichiro

blahblah
24th May 2005, 04:25 PM
I was wondering how to make Bhindi Masala and didn't know whom to ask for help.Being a newbie I don't know where to find the food section.

CAN SOMEONE HELP IN THIS THREAD ITSELF? :)

Nichiro
24th May 2005, 04:39 PM
Hello blahblahblah,

I think I added one extra blah to your blahblah making it blahblahblah. Hope blahblah will not mind my adding one more blah to his blahblah. :lol:

Aw come on...you must be pulling a leg.
Ok, I have posted the link as under. Please click on that and you will reach food corner.

http://www.forumhub.com/southfood/

Nichiro :?:

Akash
24th May 2005, 04:46 PM
Ok, I have posted the link as under. Please click on that and you will reach food corner.

Thankz a lot Nichiro, its been really helpful... as if now i just tried on making Cold water and Curd... hopefully i will try the remaining foods and i will let you guys know the results. May be for convenient i open new threads for each!! :)

scorpio
24th May 2005, 05:09 PM
Hi all,
I just had hot chocolate, with my friend, of course..
I have never had hot chocolate and am pretty excited about it, of course :)

Thiru
24th May 2005, 05:15 PM

Thankz a lot Nichiro, its been really helpful... as if now i just tried on making Cold water and Curd... hopefully i will try the remaining foods and i will let you guys know the results. May be for convenient i open new threads for each!! :)

Akash,
Its high time you start learning how to make hot water..

Nichiro
24th May 2005, 06:03 PM
[/quote]
Akash,
Its high time you start learning how to make hot water..[/quote]

I thought that LKG Teacher used to give "Make water"

recess..??? :lol:

jaiganes
24th May 2005, 06:08 PM
thiru wrote:

Akash,
yeah. true. in the meantime, as long as you are here in this thread, dont bother to MAKE sense. :rotfl: :lol:
I just wonder if Niranjana hadn't been a female, what would have the blonk brigade done to her(even the bunny is not pounding on the newbie this time)? Or is Niranjana the "extraordinary" hubber born again in a new avatar? I have had too much of bhindi masala today :? :lol: :lol:

Akash
24th May 2005, 06:09 PM
Akash,

Every one or just overloading me by saying DO this and DO THAT.. but no one has the intension of helping me!! first give me the Recipe.. I will try tonight and let you know tmw :( !!

Thiru
24th May 2005, 06:16 PM
thiru wrote:

Akash,
yeah. true. in the meantime, as long as you are here in this thread, dont bother to MAKE sense. :rotfl: :lol:
I just wonder if Niranjana hadn't been a female, what would have the blonk brigade done to her(even the bunny is not pounding on the newbie this time)? Or is Niranjana the "extraordinary" hubber born again in a new avatar? I have had too much of bhindi masala today :? :lol: :lol:

Sense, in this thread??? this doesnt make any sense!!!! :?

krishnan
24th May 2005, 08:10 PM
Akash,

Every one or just overloading me by saying DO this and DO THAT.. but no one has the intension of helping me!! first give me the Recipe.. I will try tonight and let you know tmw :( !!

Alright Akash, lemme help you. Try one of the following recipes and let me know the results. If you have any difficulty in making hot water using my recipe the problem will be escalated and Nichiro will provide you with level 2 support.

Boiling water - Krishnan @All Copyrights Reserved 2005 - 2010

Conventional method.
1. Oru siriya paathirathil thaneerai pidithu kollavum.
2. veetil gas adupin knob-ai thirugavum.
3. Oru theekuchiai yeduthu pattravaikavum.
4. Oru 20 nimidangalukku thaneerai kodhikka vaikavum.
Indha seimuraiyil thaneerin vetathai control seiya vendum endral, oru thermometer-ai vaithu avvapozhuthu check seiyavum. ThevVayana alavu vetpam adaindhavudan gas-knobai off seiyavum.
Microwave method.
1. Microwave safe dish yedavadhu eduthu kollavum.
2. Pathirathil thaneerai nirappi kollavum. (Gavanikka - Pipe-in keezh pathirathai vaithum thaneerai nirappi kollalam, pipe'l thaneer varavillai endral, vaaliylirundhu oru mug-in vaayilaga edhuthu nirappavum seiyallam. Pipe-ilerundhu nirappuvadhu elimai enbadhal andha muraiyai vubayogipathu saala sirandhathu).
3. Microwave safe paathirathai moodavum. Appadiyae open-aga vittu vaithal kodhineer mughathil vedikkum abaayam vullathu.
4. Microwave high power-il oru 15 nimidam kodhikka vaikavvum.
5. Piragu paathirathai microwave-lirundhu erakki vaikavvum.
Quickest method.
1. Veetil Hot / Cold water sidukka pipa thiruppa mudinjidhunna, hot water (podhuvaga sivappu vannathil kuriyittu iruppargal) pakkama tap-a thirupikonga.
2. Oru 30-40 vinadigal appadiyae vittu vidavum.
3. Piragu yedhavathu oru pathirathai tap-ukku adiyil vaithu venneer pidithu kollavum.
Indha seimuraiyil oru periya kurai ennavendral
a) Nandraga kothitha neerai peruvathu iyalathu.
b) Vetpathai thevayana alavu kattupPaduthuvadu kadinam.
Since it's fastest way to get hot water, Kaalai nerathil kanavan / manaivi iruvarum vellaiku sellum kudumbangalil indha muraiyai kaiyallalam.
Yedhavadhu sandegam irundal kellungal. I'll be more than happy to assist you

podalangai
25th May 2005, 01:12 AM
Boiling water - Krishnan @All Copyrights Reserved 2005 - 2010
Yen paa, avanga "hot water" parridhaane kettaanga. Indhile "boiling water"ai kondu vandhu vishayatthai yen anaavasyama chinukkaringa?

Krishnan ayya, ivanga solluvadhai kandukkadhinga. Naan oru sulabhamaana vakai kodukkiren.

=============================
Podalangai's Hot Water vakai
=============================

Ingredients:
Water (desired quantity)
one guja or chombu, made from metal (a guja with a lid is advisable).
one thermos (empty)
train ticket (NRIs may kindly see note below)
elakkai, if desired

1. Fill a guja, chombu, or other similar vessel with water.
2. Take an empty thermos. DO NOT pour the water into the thermos yet.
3. Take a train to Rajasthan (advisable to book in advance - water may spill out of the guja if you try travelling in general compartment).
4. Keep the guja of water outside in the sunlight in the afternoon (preferably around noon). Avoid keeping the guja in the shade.
5. After a few hours, pour the water from the guja into the thermos. Close the thermos tightly.
6. Take the train back to the starting point.

NRIs can substitute boat / plane for train as may be required.

krishnan
25th May 2005, 01:27 AM
Thiru. Podalangai avargalin muraiyum miga chirandha murai. Vacation kidaithal payanam seidha madirium aachu, urupadiya thannera kodhika vecha madiriyum aachu.

Aayinum adhil oru kurai ennavendral adharkku oru train ticket selavu. Ennudaiya muraigal ezhai, eliyavargalum selavillamal seyalpadutha koodiya onru.

a.ratchasi
25th May 2005, 06:15 AM
Podalangai, with a slight variation to your warm water recipe, the water bottle (dont forget to fill it with water) should be kept in the car for 30 mins to an hour during the day. This should be done between 11-4pm for optimum result.

As for cold water, you may switch on the a/c or wait for a nice rainy day.

scorpio
25th May 2005, 10:38 AM
Krishnan, Podalangs and a.r,

Excellent recipes.. :rotfl: You all will put Sanjay Kapoor and Mallika Badrinath to shame..

If you don't mind, can you pls. share the recipe to make buttermilk from Curd?? Mind you, I live in Chennai where there is not enough water.. pl. avoid water as an essential ingredient when you post the recipe..

Thanks in advance!

blahblah
25th May 2005, 02:59 PM
Sice this has become a 'cooking'[mind you,I didn't mean 'roasting'] thread,will any one please tell me how to makea boiled egg out of an egg? :D

a.ratchasi
25th May 2005, 03:42 PM
Sice this has become a 'cooking'[mind you,I didn't mean 'roasting'] thread,will any one please tell me how to makea boiled egg out of an egg? :D

Hmmm, that's a tough one blahblah.
I will need to ask an expert!

rajasaranam
25th May 2005, 06:10 PM
If you don't mind, can you pls. share the recipe to make buttermilk from Curd?? Mind you, I live in Chennai where there is not enough water.. pl. avoid water as an essential ingredient when you post the recipe..

Thanks in advance!

Thats an interesting recipe which has been requested by our friend scorpio.
The recipe needs some innovation in creating butter milk from curd without adding water. What else can we substitute instead of water lead me to think of tears which are already having salt too which will make butter milk tastier.

now for the ingredients for a tasty butter milk. [to make two glasses of butter milk]
1 cup of curd
2 cups of tears
2 small green chillies
1 small bunch of coriander leaves
10-15 no. of curryleaves
if needed a bit of inji

cut the green chillies, coriander and curry leaves into small pieces.
add two cups of tears and the cup of curd in a mixie and churn it till it gets mixed well. pour the entire content into a bowl and mix the cut chillies, and leaves and mix well. Add some ice cubes to make it cold or keep the entire bowl in refridgerator for some time before serving.
Kudos you have made butter milk succesfully which is ready to serve.

Now for the secret of getting two cups ot tears. This is the main ingredient as in chennai we face huge water crisis.
Thank god that we have MEGA SERIALS and every house hold is filled with tears in noons and evenings :lol:

Tapping of the tears is the only way to solve the problems.

Take a few plastic carry bags. Ask the women folk of the house to sit before TV and watch Mega serials. Its so easy within few seconds the tears start rolling from their eyes. The strategical point it not allowing even a drop to go as waste. The Carry bag should be hung by their ears and kept just below their chins so that the tear droplets collect over in the bag smoothly.
One serial is enough for one cup of tear from a single women. [though i would recommend 'metti oli' highly it is purely personal from person to person as to which serial will bring tears to them] You can collect Tears as much as possible as per the need of making our buttermilk. :thumbsup:

Give me feedbacks folks.

scorpio
25th May 2005, 07:09 PM
Rajasaranam,

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Now, I have to go searching for those who are addicted to Mega serials as I am extremely allergic to them..Any volunteers?? :wink:

nirosha sen
26th May 2005, 06:32 AM
Sorry Scorpio!! Can't help you out, Pa!! Annamalai is over, you know!! :)

lordstanher
26th May 2005, 03:59 PM
Now, I have to go searching for those who are addicted to Mega serials as I am extremely allergic to them..Any volunteers?? :wink:

Well, therez my mother who's addicted to Metti Oli (if tats considered a 'Mega serial'?).......for details u can see my posting in 'Is there ne use of watching TV serials' thread..... :D
but ftly or unftly shez not a member of this hub! :wink: :lol:

scorpio
26th May 2005, 05:05 PM
Lordstanher,

If Metti oli is not a mega serial, then nothing can be called that way.. anyways, I want only those tears that come out seeing Metti Oli because that's what my dear chef Rajasaranam has recommended. why don't you follow the procedure as laid down by RS for collecting tears and courier the parcel to me?? :wink: :lol:

lordstanher
26th May 2005, 07:12 PM
I want only those tears that come out seeing Metti Oli because that's what my dear chef Rajasaranam has recommended. why don't you follow the procedure as laid down by RS for collecting tears and courier the parcel to me?? :wink: :lol:

Hmm......well, surprisingly I never felt like shedding tears like Saro or Leela of MO......maybe 'cos most of us men r not as empathetic towards women as opposed to women themselves? :wink: :D
Neways, even otherwise, I'm sure the precious tears wud've already evaporated by the time the parcel reaches u in Madras (even by courier)! :wink: :lol:

kalnayak
27th May 2005, 04:32 PM
Scorpio,

Why don't you try other alternatives too? Go to either Arakonam, or Velore or infact Chennai to collect sweating droplets. Rajasaranam has to tell his opinion about this. This is also salty like tears and can be produced on your own.

:lol:, :clap:, :wave:

nirosha sen
27th May 2005, 04:44 PM
Sheesh!! I'm already gagging with nausea, Pa!! :x

rajasaranam
27th May 2005, 05:01 PM
Scorpio,

Why don't you try other alternatives too? Go to either Arakonam, or Velore or infact Chennai to collect sweating droplets. Rajasaranam has to tell his opinion about this. This is also salty like tears and can be produced on your own.

:lol:, :clap:, :wave:

Innovative idea though its hard to collect sweat into a container. its not in the case of tears, with my technology of using a carry bag hung from the ears :D
wait lemme patent this technology before americans...Iam rushing [add the avatar of Akash here] :lol: