PDA

View Full Version : "Nayakan" among "Time" mag's 100 best

Pages : 1 [2]

nilavupriyan
30th September 2005, 09:03 AM
[ quote]

do u know the real situation of kamal and sridevi at ending.....

sridevi doesnt remember kamal at all.her parents doenst like kamal...(they would first decide to report to police and later decline it).kamal would be treated as a person who kidnapped a beautiful mentally retarded lady for some unmoral reasons.even if kamal explains their parents wont accept that kamal's love is pure and not for only sex.sridevi is in a situation that she will accept only her parents words as she doesnt know anything about kamal.whatever her parents say she will accept it....

do u think there is a chance for them to join.now u tell whether the ending is natural or unnatural.

Nilavupriyan,

I can understand what you are trying to tell us.

I am not such a lady, expecting all movies should end with the slogan "Maangalyam thandhu naanenaa"

(or) with the dilogue "nalla velai sariyaana timeku kondu vandhuteenga. konjam late aanaalum uyirodu paarka mudiyaathu"

(or) unneccesairily police coming in the climax (even great movie 'Sholay' has this defect). I hate all this nonsense endings.

I can understand Balu mahendra wanted to give a poetic ending for it, and ended like this. But padam mudindhadhum yetho oru verumai thondruvathai marukka mudiyavillai.

that verumai is the success of the film....

but i have given enough explanations to prove that the ending is not unnatural....so there is no point in degrading the climax

nilavupriyan
30th September 2005, 09:10 AM
saradhaa,
your dislike for kamal shouldn't interefere in judging a movie/performance....Inspite of all your (inane) arguments, MP is remembered for Kamal's riveting performance in the climax. period.

If you are happy watching those sridhar's tearjerkers (no offense to sridhar/panthulu or any of those dirs), go ahead and enjoy...but don't come here and argue that Kamal didn' deserve it, NA are just nonsense...i too agree that sometimes NAs are given to people like Anu malik and saif ali khan...But the good side is that ppl like Raja, arr, Kamal and Mohanlal have won it too and this happened to be one such case.

Dear Shankar,

Your interpretation of this entire thread and Sharadha's earlier postings is incorrect... What we are all analysing about Moonram pirai is all about Sridevi who is better deserved to take the award compared to Kamal IN THIS MOVIE....
I dont think anyone of us had degraded or downgraded Kamal in anyway....
Its all about Sridevi doing extremely well in 90% of movie and Kamal took the climax to his credit...and when we analyse the climax scene today... it looks very .................cinematic.....
AS IF KAMAL COULD NOT REACH SRIDEVI... AS SARADHAJI RIGHTLY POINTED OUT EARLIER... HE COULD HAVE CLIMBED ANOTHER COMPARTMENT OR COULD HAVE FOUND ANOTHER DAY TO CONVINCE HER...When this movie was released... the entire tamilnadu including myself were moved by the last scene... by the way Kamal acted...
but now it looks ridiculous......
THIS IS ALL WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ANALYSING AND ARGUING...

Hope its clear to you now...

Regards

balaji...,i have given enough explanations to saradhaa...,ok.i shall post it again

this is the real situation of kamal and sridevi at ending.....

sridevi doesnt remember kamal at all.her parents doenst like kamal...(they would first decide to report to police and later decline it).kamal would be treated as a person who kidnapped a beautiful mentally retarded lady for some unmoral reasons.even if kamal explains their parents wont accept that kamal's love is pure and not for only sex.sridevi is in a situation that she will accept only her parents words as she doesnt know anything about kamal.whatever her parents say she will accept it....

do u think there is a chance for them to join..the ending is natural

MrJudge
30th September 2005, 09:53 AM

do u think there is a chance for them to join..the ending is natural

Also if they come to know that Kamal picked her up at a brothal house then there is no chance of believing him :)

MADDY
30th September 2005, 10:32 AM
the original of MP which is Khilona( sanjeev kumar, Mumtaz starrer) had a very logical end to it just like Engirundho vandhal had a gud ending.......BM after adapting these 2 scripts had to show something diff and hence he resorted to such a painful ending......though the movie was a classic it seems very funny in this era of sex-lies-MMSes........y wud u go mad for a female like sri devi when u have silk smitha adoring u..hahaha.....

(hey guys i was a 3-month old infant when MP was released in hyderabad,my mum told me that i used to show movements for "ponmeni" song of MP..hahaha i was a IR fan at such a young age....)

Shankar
30th September 2005, 11:53 AM
ponmeni had an amazing rhythm !! Wud've bcome a classic had it been sung without those M & Ms :-)

Jacky
30th September 2005, 01:43 PM
MP was inspired!! Man you're throwing a bombshell! Rettai val kuruvi, Marupadiyum were direct lifts. I thought this was one of his original works.

MADDY
30th September 2005, 04:10 PM
yaaa, Moonram pirai's script is inspired from Khilona and Engirundho vandhal......though our esteemed BM & Kamal fans may deny it, it is truth.........

shankar, "ye zindagi gale laga le" is also a classic from Sadma.....if i'm not wrong the tamil equivalent "poongatru pudhidhanadhu" had a differnt tune rite????

Shankar
30th September 2005, 04:17 PM
yes....yEh zindagi was later reused in thambikku endha ooru (en vAzhvilE varum anbE vaa...). The train-interlude was the only common thing in those two songs.

rajdes
30th September 2005, 04:37 PM
Maddy,
Yes. What you say is absolute truth. MP was inspired from Khilona. By the same token, one of your earlier defences fails - Mouna Raagam was inspired from NK if you apply the same parameters. There is such a thing as treatment - and that is what differentiated MR from NK. This is even more pronounced in MP's case. Ofcourse, it is too much to expect you to appreciate this. You are here just to 'defend' your favourites, arent you? Appreciation of art is secondary to that, right?
I see that you havent even understood the concept of MP. Nothing to sweat for you, really. So many things that go uncomprehended in our life.

Just a piece of advice though - come out of the defend my hero mentality and you will find that there is a lot in the world to appreciate and elevate beyond just admiration of a particular artist. I can tell you because, through this very forum, I experienced this first hand. Please dont bother to refute anything - I have no stake in your personal growth - I dont lose anything at all if you dont appreciate something. Cheers, have fun.

Jacky, since you were talking of innovative scripts(though the examples you quoted were more unusual themes(for which I respect MR though)), why dont you go through what I had to write on the innovative idea in MP executed by BM? Ofcourse, if you want to pre-define that "BM is lesser than MR so I cant accept that BM would have innovated before MR thought of this idea", then you cannot see that. But give it a chance and you will know.

Well, anyway, I guess I have put back something into this forum for what I got from this forum. So, I am off and you people can, if you wish so, continue the idol-bashing.

abbydoss1969
30th September 2005, 07:38 PM
yaaa, Moonram pirai's script is inspired from Khilona and Engirundho vandhal......though our esteemed BM & Kamal fans may deny it, it is truth.........

shankar, "ye zindagi gale laga le" is also a classic from Sadma.....if i'm not wrong the tamil equivalent "poongatru pudhidhanadhu" had a differnt tune rite????
MP was made in Hindi as Sadma, does it mean that BM copied from hindi and shipped it back to hindi? :wink:

nilavupriyan
30th September 2005, 07:43 PM

MP was made in Hindi as Sadma, does it mean that BM copied from hindi and shipped it back to hindi? :wink:

nice logic :wink:

Jacky
30th September 2005, 08:39 PM
Rajdes,
"why dont you go through what I had to write on the innovative idea in MP executed by BM?"

Is it the harsh reality staring at cheenu when she left? Analogous to the abrupt end of a dream with a bucket of cold water and the one which is never going to come back?
The weave between BM's imagination and depiction was brilliant.

MADDY
30th September 2005, 10:52 PM

yaa its true, even Jo jeeta wohi sikander was remade as badri in tamil and the best part was that badri was remade as shart in hindi.....these sort of things happen in bollywood... :lol:

yup rajdes, i accept BM's treatment of this story was exemplary compared to other 2 directors......but what i hated was the self-imposed sadness on this movie which otherwise is a classic......

rajdes, can u appreciate MR or ARR with same craze as u support BM,Mahen or IR???? i dunt think so, we need to have preferences and there's no wrong in pursuing ur choice........chill mannn....i know BM is gr8......

app_engine
28th August 2007, 01:29 AM
http://dinamalar.com/2007aug28/vikatan.asp

What happened to the media...Kumudam.com hosting a Mahendran interview video...and now vikatan this...they've still not forgotten him...

app_engine
20th June 2008, 09:36 PM
Actual inspiration of moondRAm piRai -
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=420032&disdate=6/20/2008

Excellent recap by BM.