Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 01:00 PM
Boom Boom Boom Robo Da
Zoom Zoom Zoom Robo Da
:boo:

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 01:07 PM
ellaam therinja ekaambarams and vaitherichal parties started spewing their stinking bile , as usual :lol:
Oscar fever innum pOgala! Joraththula oLarittrukkaanga :rotfl:

coucou
1st August 2010, 01:16 PM
Voted for Arima! What a Majestic song ! I loveeeeeeeeeeee percussions and trumpet and chorus in interlude, part od sadhana...wonderful! I didn't expect so much from endhiran album !ARR :notworthy:

coucou
1st August 2010, 01:18 PM
Three albums of ARR in tamil in one year! wow! It's been long time I'm waiting for this moment! Real treat:)

Benny Lava
1st August 2010, 02:05 PM
what is kinnikkozhi? Emu?

:roll: Therilaye :?

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 02:09 PM

got the info. It's a type of hen. Not Emu.

Benny Lava
1st August 2010, 02:12 PM
Puthiya manitha is brilliant, top-drawer. ARR robotic intro, kathija's divine appeal & SPB's duel interaction "Creator Vs Robo" is masterstroke. Hats off!

Puthiya Manitha is my favourite as well, especially the opening (which reminded me of "Welcome to the machine") and its pulsating transition to the main melody :clap:

Arima Arima is the other favourite... oozing heroism!!! :bow:

Mahen
1st August 2010, 02:32 PM
:omg: Just realized ...Enthiran will be the last tamil film from ARR :( as of now :( I dont think he has the time to sign anymore films..

directhit
1st August 2010, 03:16 PM
--

Roshan
1st August 2010, 03:20 PM

neruppukOzhinnu oru vagaiyaan kOzhi irukku - in my village I have heard some people calling it kinikOzhi.

rayan36
1st August 2010, 03:21 PM
Three albums of ARR in tamil in one year! wow! It's been long time I'm waiting for this moment! Real treat:)

me 2 man....me 2....

Roshan
1st August 2010, 03:28 PM
[tscii:faa3c8fe05]

2. Kadhal Anukkal
Vocals: Vijay Prakash and Shreya Ghosal
Lyrics: Vairamuthu

A spanking romantic duet with best elements of music. Lots of fill-ins, crème de la crème rhythmic chords stroke on guitars, mild beats and of course the best singers on tracks. Maybe, the lyrics do slightly lack clarity and may soon get into your memories after constant hearings. The interludes have been well played and kudos for Rahman for sustaining the same rhythmic pattern. It’s a hat-trick for Vijay Prakash following the grand success of chartbusters ‘Hosanna’ and ‘Veera’.

The only song I have listened so far. Was very good in the first hearing itself but couldnt understand the lyrics. I thought the audio quality was bad :lol:

5. Arima Arima
Vocal: Hariharan & Sadhna Sargam
Additional Vocals: Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer

Best of all the best ones in this album.

Listening to Hariharan and Sadhana alone is a treat. Should go for this next.

6. Kilimanjaro
Vocals: Javed Ali and Chinmayee
Additional Vocal Arrangements: Clinton Cerejo

Javed Ali carries the song with his best efforts while Chinmayee is hyperactive as her voice sounds abnormal.

Adhu eppO normal'A paadichu.. :lol: High time ARR stopped giving chances to Chinmayi.[/tscii:faa3c8fe05]

rookie007
1st August 2010, 03:51 PM
Just realized ...Enthiran will be the last tamil film from ARR as of now I dont think he has the time to sign anymore films..

I think sultan the warrior would be releasing early next year followed by Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam :) so we do have albums to wait for in tamil. after that :skull: we might have to wait a long time.

rayan36
1st August 2010, 04:08 PM
Just realized ...Enthiran will be the last tamil film from ARR as of now I dont think he has the time to sign anymore films..

I think sultan the warrior would be releasing early next year followed by Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam :) so we do have albums to wait for in tamil. after that :skull: we might have to wait a long time. :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 04:26 PM
Vairamuthu's son, Madhan Karky has downloaded Enthiran's song from the web. :banghead:

http://twitter.com/madhankarky/status/19904064555

kasu kuduttu download panni iruparu! :lol:

steveaustin
1st August 2010, 04:29 PM
Puthiya manidha..... SPB :notworthy: :notworthy:

நான் என்பது அறிவுமொழி
ஏன் என்பது எனது வழி

Simply superb. :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 04:33 PM
:omg: Just realized ...Enthiran will be the last tamil film from ARR :( as of now :( I dont think he has the time to sign anymore films..

same here!innum 2 varushatukku thalaivar album tamil-la kedaiyathu pola! :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: thalivaaaaa....!!!!

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 05:09 PM
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2010/08/endhiran-music-review.html

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 05:23 PM
rajini praises ARR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikXjX1vNn70

pullarippu! :notworthy: and last asusual rajini punch!amazing! :notworthy: neethan manithan!

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 05:26 PM
Anand Sir, yes, wonderful words from the great man! He began the speech by saying "Ellaa pugazhum IraivanukkE"

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 05:28 PM
Anand Sir, yes, wonderful words from the great man! He began the speech by saying "Ellaa pugazhum IraivanukkE"

naane ethirpaakalae!rajini sir :lol: :2thumbsup: :thumbsup:

krkanna
1st August 2010, 06:28 PM
Enjoy lyrics from endhiran film, Download from below website.
http://timesofindia.hotklix.com/link/Entertainment/Music/Enthiran-Songs-Lyrics-Download-Amazing-Only

seevaa
1st August 2010, 06:56 PM
watch endhiran trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIWXkxkbXVg

seevaa
1st August 2010, 06:57 PM
watch endhiran trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIWXkxkbXVg

jaiganes
1st August 2010, 07:48 PM
I wonder till now none has voted for ArimA. Kattaiyo nettaiya ArimA is in the league of MudhalvanE MudhalvanE song.

BTW i have voted for Love atoms

Arima - i felt was like konjam araicha maa(vu) thats y i didnt vote for it. However that doesnt mean i didnt like it - it is an instant crowd pleaser. now same goes with kaadhal anukkal too.
Among the melodies of this movie, kili maanjaaro is out of the box - novel in the way of conception and presentation. however the song belongs more to the "other sounds" and chorus than to the lead singers (who feel strained and flat for some reason).

Irumbile oru idhayam is way too noisy for me inspite of the wanted futuristic feel it provides.

Pudhiya manidhaa is the stuff that legendary songs are made of - nothing out of the box here - conformance to idioms and traditions of techno music of west (even Vaname ellai' robot song for that matter) and yet it rises with the conception of human admiring his robotic creation and ARR has created a "response and affirmation" exchange between human (SPB) and the techno (robot chorus) that is further elevated by the lines (Awesome).

Now to some complaints in the Pudhiya manidhaa song - the beautiful phrases sung by khatija rahman are however ones we heard in sivaji (Sahaana pathos - with that carnatic rendering by female vocal). another point is that such repeated phrases are in Arima song too - sometimes too obvious - same singers - hariharan and madhushree who sang vaaji vaaji -sing the almost similar phrases here with the charanam being a ditto of "mayilirage" song of a aa e ee (SJ suryah film anyone care to remember where he dances with nila wearing a blue shirt and lungi).
Speaking of which I need to give the wood pecker song in that movie - that was pretty much scifi wasnt it?

A.ANAND
1st August 2010, 08:07 PM
Endhiran Ringtones by 'madusri bakthan'celebirity dinesh

http://www.dineshscaranvisualz.com/2010/08/endhiran-ringtones-by-dinesh-scaran.html

Yathu
1st August 2010, 08:29 PM
My thoughts (songs are in order of current preference!):

Kilimanjaro – My favourite of the album so far! A care-free fun song. Like the African clicking sounds used :lol: Nice to hear Chinmayi’s usually downcast voice sounding joyful. Like someone said before, what is Chinmayi’s real voice?!

Kadhal Annukal– a very subdued song. Subdued beats, melody. There's some life injected into it when the "oh baby" bit comes in. Vijay Prakash :thumbsup: The second interlude has some interesting sounds in it. :lol: I think the female vocals says something along the lines of “he’s like a breath of fresh air”. It has definitely grown on me since the first listen. No doubt I’ll love it by the time the movie releases.

Arima Arima – grand sounds. Not so many variations with the melody this time. Probably not needed also. Parts of the melody also have a 'heard before' feel. Nice to hear Sadhana Sargam again!

Chitti dance music – a mish mash of lots of sounds! I have high hopes for this song in the film. Hope they got a good choreographer to do it justice.

Puthiya Manitha - Khadija’s voice is pleasant at the start. Song takes a while to get going. Definitely not the song I was expecting. Seems to be a highly situational. Hopefully, I'll be able to connect with it better after seeing the visuals.

Irumbile oru idhayam – firstly, I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of techno music. A little thing bothers me, why does futuristic/ sci-fi have to mean techno sounds & electronic vocals?! It’s more of an 80s viewpoint of futuristic music. Also the song reminds me of tacky European dance music. :( I think I’ll leave this track till the film releases. Again something seems restrained about the music.

Boom boom robo da – An ok track I guess. Not totally blown away. Is that Praveen Mani that sounds a lot like Kailash Kher?

Overall, definitely not the album I was expecting. Having said that, I have come to see time and again that my views change dramatically after the intial disappointment. The same happened with VTV, where I only liked Hosanna in the first few listens. I still haven't learnt my lessons it seems in posting this premature review.

First impressions aren't the best impressions in the case of ARRs albums and therefore don't count. :D[/tscii:63df8472ef]

Yathu
1st August 2010, 08:41 PM
Now to some complaints in the Pudhiya manidhaa song - the beautiful phrases sung by khatija rahman are however ones we heard in sivaji (Sahaana pathos - with that carnatic rendering by female vocal). another point is that such repeated phrases are in Arima song too - sometimes too obvious - same singers - hariharan and madhushree who sang vaaji vaaji -sing the almost similar phrases here with the charanam being a ditto of "mayilirage" song of a aa e ee (SJ suryah film anyone care to remember where he dances with nila wearing a blue shirt and lungi).
Speaking of which I need to give the wood pecker song in that movie - that was pretty much scifi wasnt it?

I don't see the similarity between pathos Sahara and Khadija's parts in Puthiya Manitha.

Arima does have repetitive phrases and parts of the melody does sound like something we've heard before. However, again, I can't see the similarities to the songs your referring to. Maybe you can elaborate on which bits you're referring to.

Also, its Madhushree's vocal twin Sadhana Sargam (or should that be the other way around?) on vocals in Arima.

Benny Lava
1st August 2010, 09:06 PM

I don't see the similarity between pathos Sahara and Khadija's parts in Puthiya Manitha.

Arima does have repetitive phrases and parts of the melody does sound like something we've heard before. However, again, I can't see the similarities to the songs your referring to. Maybe you can elaborate on which bits you're referring to.

Also, its Madhushree's vocal twin Sadhana Sargam (or should that be the other way around?) on vocals in Arima.

Yes, even I couldn't pick any similarity if any exist. And yeah Maramkothiye is an awesome techno song, but techno is still pretty much current not futuristic, perhaps that is why I still have a lingering disappointment with this album as a whole :roll:

jinju
1st August 2010, 09:10 PM
Pudhiya manidhaa is the stuff that legendary songs are made of - nothing out of the box here - conformance to idioms and traditions of techno music of west (even Vaname ellai' robot song for that matter) and yet it rises with the conception of human admiring his robotic creation and ARR has created a "response and affirmation" exchange between human (SPB) and the techno (robot chorus) that is further elevated by the lines (Awesome).

:notworthy:

my favorite song, and i cudn't have put it better in words! trust spb to bring life to the exchange...anyone else, and i doubt it wud've come out teh way it did, eventually...right after khatija rahman's vocals, spb's velvety voice kicks in with 'endhiran' woooooohhhh...blown away everytym i hear it!

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 09:14 PM
Confused at which to vote for? enna paNNalaam :think:

jinju
1st August 2010, 09:17 PM

need more votes for Puthiya Manidha...adhaan jaiganes konjam karutthu sollirukkaanga, ennaala mudinjadhu naan add pannitten, innoru vaatti kettupparunga sathya sir, kettadhukkappram unga vote-ai spb sir songkku podunga....! :D

Music4Ever
1st August 2010, 09:19 PM
Arima Arima definitely reminds the listener of Mayilarage song (in the middle part). It also reminds one of the Jodha Akbar song Azeem Oh Shah Shahenshah and ARR's Dilse se re. Nevertheless it is a beauty. There is another song in this album reminding one of another song in Ah aah, the sensual one that goes like "aNai aNai aNai kattu kattu kattu" that occurs in thigu thigu raathiri song. No surprise ARR said no to Shankar's next (is this true?), who perhaps doesn't inspire him anymore.

Have to buy the CD as soon as it is available in the US stores. Ravanan was awesome, IMO (bought both Hindi and Tamil cds).

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 09:20 PM

need more votes for Puthiya Manidha...adhaan jaiganes konjam karutthu sollirukkaanga, ennaala mudinjadhu naan add pannitten, innoru vaatti kettupparunga sathya sir, kettadhukkappram unga vote-ai spb sir songkku podunga....! :D
Yes, ippodhaikku adhudhaan ennoda top, very closely followed by IrumbilE. Ok, will settle for that :D

jinju
1st August 2010, 09:20 PM
adhaan benny lava, steveaustin pol pramugarum avaroda karutthu sollirukkaanga Puthiya Manidha songappatthi...konjam porattippaarunga...!

Rocky89
1st August 2010, 09:21 PM
Endhiran audio rocking to the core :clap: :clap: Thalaivaa :notworthy: This is a great year for Rahman fans, so many albums released and all were blockbusters :D

Rocky89
1st August 2010, 09:21 PM
2 days kazhichu i'll vote :P

SoftSword
1st August 2010, 09:24 PM
i want to enjoy and sink in the songs before i get judgemental on which is my fav.

Mahen
1st August 2010, 09:36 PM
Arima Arima definitely reminds the listener of Mayilarage song (in the middle part). It also reminds one of the Jodha Akbar song Azeem Oh Shah Shahenshah and ARR's Dilse se re. Nevertheless it is a beauty. There is another song in this album reminding one of another song in Ah aah, the sensual one that goes like "aNai aNai aNai kattu kattu kattu" that occurs in thigu thigu raathiri song. No surprise ARR said no to Shankar's next (is this true?), who perhaps doesn't inspire him anymore.

Have to buy the CD as soon as it is available in the US stores. Ravanan was awesome, IMO (bought both Hindi and Tamil cds).

:notthatway: ARR has no time for any films right now..Moreover, Shankar is doing a remake, so i dont see the need of him to get ARR..

And ARR loves to work with Shankar... HE mentioned during the audio launch that Shankar challenged him alot..Shankar rejected 3 tunes of Rahman before Rahman came up with Irumbile(as per Shankar at the audio launch)

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 09:36 PM
Very happy for my Fav New Gen Singer Vijay Prakash! As usual Thalaivar recognizing variety of talents :bow:

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 09:39 PM
kuduththa 112.50 Rs Kadhal aNukkaL first interludekke mudinju pOchchu! Rest are bonus :yes:

Benny Lava
1st August 2010, 09:40 PM

Surprised! Raavanan is yet to strike any interest in me! In fact I even forgot about it until Endhiran came along. Right now VTV is The album for me, like a old wine its taste is very mature now :musicsmile:

(Sorry I am always late to appreciate anything :ashamed:)

Music4Ever
1st August 2010, 09:54 PM
Mahen, I too would love the continued association between Shankar and ARR. Benny Lava, how can you not like Ravanan? Some super numbers. Tamil Cds were not available here (NJ) initially so I bought the Hindi one. Several days later I could not help buying the Tamil one when it appeared in the shelves! Wanted to hear Karthik in Tamil after listening to his Behene de in Hindi. All numbers in Ravanan are special to me, though not in the overall class of Guru. I am yet to buy the VTV CD (not available here!). Will wait until my trip to India later this year and will buy it there. All great numbers (VTV) for sure, with Mannippaaya being the special one from ARR.

Will comment and give my best preferred song in Endhiran after I buy the CD this week.

music man
1st August 2010, 09:56 PM

Its "Chitti Dance Showcase"......Ya the resemblance is so glaring...Its not nice also...But having seen the Enthiran promo, I feel Rahman has given rocking music.....Even the subdued Kaadhal Anukkal feels good after seeing the promo.....

SoftSword
1st August 2010, 10:02 PM
guys enough is said..
but when u listen to all the songs, nobody can intentionally deny the efforts ARR has put on this album..
it shows the two years work he has put in, ofcourse along with his crew.

natha1729
1st August 2010, 11:30 PM
definitely futuristic for humans, and in that future robot population will call rahman pioneer/father of their classical music.

Yathu
2nd August 2010, 04:55 AM
:lol: :thumbsup: I think that's taking it a bit far. :lol:

sathya_1979
2nd August 2010, 05:32 AM
definitely futuristic for humans, and in that future robot population will call rahman pioneer/father of their classical music.
Good one Natha, and a good number on ur id :thumbsup:

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 05:57 AM
From boom boom robo (the second half of this song is amazing)
சிட்டி சிட்டி ரோபோ
நீ சுட்டி சுட்டி ரோபோ
பட்டி தொட்டியெல்லாம் நீ
பட்டுக்குட்டி ரோபோ

nursery rhyme thEvalai. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Now this part is the most addictive :oops:

Hey Auto autokaara
Automatic kaara
Koottam koottam paaru
un Autograph kkaa

Lyrics are still ordinary.

SoftSword
2nd August 2010, 05:59 AM
i agree nerd. lyrics are not extraordinary except a few segments where it sounds marvellous.
and u know, Athiradee had the more ordinary lyrics but that was the most stylish song ever crooned for thalaivar.

hamid
2nd August 2010, 06:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Fvb1xDKnk&feature=youtube_gdata
few stills from audio launch

rayan36
2nd August 2010, 06:07 AM
[tscii:e854278979]

ENTHIRAN MUSIC REVIEW

Review by : Malathy Sundaram

Music Director : A.R.Rahman
Vocals : S.P.Balasubramaniam, A.R.Rahman, Khatija Rahman, Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghosal, Kash n’ Krissy, Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani, Yogi B, Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer, Javed Ali, Chinmayee, Kirthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan, Tanvi Shah.
Lyrics : Vairamuthu, Karky, Pa.Vijay

Produced by Kalanidhi Maran and directed by Shankar, this very costly movie was filmed at locations around the world. It stars Rajinikanth ( as Vaseegaran and Chitti) Aiswarya Rai, Danny Dengzongpa and others. This was the last movie writer Sujatha penned dialogues for. With Sabu Cyril handling the art department and A.R.Rahman doing the music and background score for it,( not to mention the special effects and CGI) this film is being eagerly anticipated by all film buffs.

Pudhiya Manidha...
Vocals: S.P.Balasubramaniam, A.R.Rahman, Khatija Rahman.

Excitement, breathlessness and hope all find a
place in this song which has synthesized music weaving in and out of it all through. Almost an ode to Craig Venter, this song! The alternating low and high pitched rendering serves to add a lot of attention to the interesting lyrics. What made Vairamuthu write ‘naan naalaiya gnana oli’ and then go’en thanthai mozhi tamizh allava’ and’en karthaavukku adimai allava’? it almost negates the impersonal knowledge of the robot! Neat to listen to.

Kadhal Anukkal...
Vocals: Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghosal

The feathery guitar notes at the start just make you wonder- -yes, Rahman’s fascination with Bilahari raga continues (remember ‘Omana Penney’ from VTV?) even here. The repeated use of ‘pa dha sa sa’; ‘ri gaa’ swaras with no gamaka give the song a nice western touch. The brisk music bit two minutes into the song that goes’sa pa ma ga ri ri ga pa ga---‘etc; is so delightful and so is the refrain’Ho baby, ho baby---‘. Sharp youthful lyrics here. Fleeting touches of Pahadi raga add to the ‘aha!’ effect. Good singing and possibly fabulous visuals!

Irumbile oru Irudhayam...
Vocals: A.R.Rahman, Kash n’ Krissy
Lyrics: Karky
English Lyrics: Kash n’ Krissy

Intelligent lyrics from Karky- the way ‘neelakkannoram’ and ‘neelappallaale’ combine and the phrases ’naan ennai anaippen’ ‘theymaaname illa kadhal kondu’ are quite amusing. But the English lyrics are flat. This could be a tight dance number. By locating this song on the ‘pa’ note of 1-kattai sruti, Rahman has been able to play around with the ragas Madhyamavathi and Suddha Danyasi at the same time and still retain its western slant! And such lighthearted singing from him! This song may take its time to get on to the charts.

Chitti Dance Showcase...
Vocals: Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani, Yogi B
Additional Programming by Pravin Mani

A small fusion bit with vibrant guitars, wispy flute notes and calm violins and some fiery ‘konnakkol’. Let us see how the visuals do justice.

Arima Arima...
Vocals: Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam
Additional vocals by Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer

Based on the Kiravani raga, this number has some ‘spillover’ effect from Rahman’s ‘Usure Pogudhe’ from Raavanan. But a sexy use of trumpets ( sa ga sa ga---sa ga pa ma ga ri sa at the start with the bigger ‘ma’ swara adding drama), aggressive vocals from Hari balanced by sweet singing from Sadhana all make you long for the visuals.

Kilimanjaro...
Vocals: Javed Ali, Chinmayee
Additional vocal arrangements by Clinton Cerejo
Lyrics: Pa.Vijay

Such heady use of percussive instruments here! They add a whole new touch of gaiety to the song. You can almost feel the hopping of ‘kinnikkozhi’ which the song refers to. Must be a fantasy number, this, with Shankar’s famed visual richness. A very taut use of Karaharapriya raga scale. Javed Ali’s effort deserves mention. Chinmayee sounds naughty. This song is supposed to have been filmed at the historic Macchu Picchu site in Peru.

Boom Boom Robo Da...
Vocals: Yogi B, Kirthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan, Tanvi Shah

Oops! Is that the raga Aboghi that has been given such a modern makeover in this song? The ‘Robo Da’ bit that goes ‘ri ri dha; ri ri dha’ and the instrumental bit’ sa ri ri ma ma ga ga ri--- ‘ half a minute into the song suggest Abogi. The phrases ‘minsara kannano’ ‘autokkaara’ are amusing! Could find favour with young ones, this song!

Verdict:

Yes, it exasperates you when you listen for the first time. But as you listen again, you realize that though Rahman gives this album a crisp metallic touch in keeping with the theme of the story, he still remains faithful to his Carnatic roots in a touching way. Watch how cleverly he varies the feel of the normal duets and ‘robo-based’ duets. The lyrics are interesting too. If the listener shakes off his conditioned thinking while listening to this album, he is in for a treat.

Behindwoods.com [/tscii:e854278979]

rayan36
2nd August 2010, 07:15 AM
[tscii:2b42337452]
ENTHIRAN MUSIC REVIEW

Review by : C.Karthik

Music Director : A.R.Rahman
Vocals : S.P.Balasubramaniam, A.R.Rahman, Khatija Rahman, Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghosal, Kash n’ Krissy, Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani, Yogi B, Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer, Javed Ali, Chinmayee, Kirthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan, Tanvi Shah.
Lyrics : Vairamuthu, Karky, Pa.Vijay

The Endhiran storm has intensified. It is raining music around the world with the launch of the year's most awaited audio released in Malaysia. There was secrecy maintained first, then a few stills released, then it was Shankar's tweets and finally the music of Endhiran is out. With the superstar and Aishwarya in lead roles, Sun Pictures producing, Shankar directing and AR Rahman composing the music, we wonder what we can expect out of this album. Technical brilliance, hugeness, flamboyance and a touch showy, Endhiran has it all.

The first few seconds of the song "Puthiya Manitha" tells you what to expect out of this album. "Techno". The robotic tone of AR Rahman is just the appetizer for more to come. Robotic ? Oh come on, this is Endhiran after all. Then we just slip our senses listening to Khatija Rahman's

(Rahman's eldest daughter) serene rendition only to be awakened by the bold voice of SPB. Vairamuthu pleads to the robot "Ella uyirukkum nanmai aa iru ... entha nilaiyilum unmai aa iru". Just an amazing opening number.

We move forward to "Kadhal Anukkal" by Vairamuthu of Gen X. If your ears are treated to strumming guitars and the husky voice of Vijay Prakash, Vairamuthu showcases his understanding of this generation with peppy lyrics. Known for his semi-melodious romatic numbers, Rahman is at ease delivering this. The bag piper interlude is pure genius. No robots, no techno. This one is purely for the die hard romatic. Though the grand arrangement of music catches your imagination, it is hard to miss the voices of Vijay Prakash and Shreya Goshal. A poesy and foot tapping number this.

The start of "Irumbile oru idhayam" is an indicator of what is to follow. Lyrics by Kaarkhi, this one will make you dance right from the word go. We are treated to super example of the "Techno" genre. If the initial lyrics are english, Rahman's settles down things with his husky voice and tamil lyrics. This one is about the iron hearted Endhiran infected by the love virus. If Rahman, the lover, proposes love in Tamil, Lady Kash and Krissy, the curious girl raps back with exciting English lyrics. Verses like "Thottu pesum bothum shock adika thonum.... iravin naduvil battery thaan theerum" makes you want to listen to this more than once. This is easily the pick of the album.

If you think the next song falls in the same category after the first few lines of heavy techno sounds and with slightly uncomprehensible english lyrics, you are mistaken. This is "Chitti Dance Showcase" sung by Pradeep Vijay, Pravin mani and YogiB. A fusion of western and classical music, we wonder where this piece will fit in the movie. We get to hear some wonderful amalgamation of neatly arranged percussion, techno sounds and classical interludes.

We are now welcomed to the grandness of the bigger than the biggest in "Arima Arima". Yes now we see Endhiran with digitised trumpets announcing the arrival of the beast. Vairamuthu is at his best with the finest translation of computer terms. with male chorus and digital notes playing in the background, we can feel the Robot walking forward, amidst praises, trying to conquer a woman's heart with arrogance. If Hariharan showcases the arrogance, Sadhana Sargam's voice surely seems to tame the lordiness. The never stopping drums add charm to this song.

We are now travelling to "Kilimanjaro". Yes, tribal vocals, beats and chimes welcome you to the grandeur of Africa. With Javed Ali and Chinmayi in control, you cannot miss this one. We are now treated to some drum beats and vocals by the virtuoso. Lyrics by Pa. Vijay adds spice to the romance. No this is strictly not the Endhiran style music we have heard so far. This is more the style of our lover-girl lover-boy routine.

Sung by Yogi B, Keerthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan and Tanvi Shah, the last song of the album "Boom Boom Robot da" sums up the overall experience with a dose of digitised technco music. Lyrics by Kaarki, the song is about the characteristics of the robot. This one certainly evokes interest if one listens to the lyrics carefully.

If AR Rahmman introduced "Blues" genre of music in VTV, this time around he loudly announces "It is Techno time folks". We are just mersmerised with the digital beats and sounds and of course some amazing voices and lyrics. This Robot is out to win all hearts I'm sure.

Behindwoods.com

[/tscii:2b42337452]

jaiganes
2nd August 2010, 07:19 AM
சிட்டி சிட்டி ரோபோ
நீ சுட்டி சுட்டி ரோபோ
பட்டி தொட்டியெல்லாம் நீ
பட்டுக்குட்டி ரோபோ

Hey Auto autokaara
Automatic kaara
Koottam koottam paaru
un Autograph kkaa

Lyrics are still ordinary.
Thats not my worst fear..
it is robot participating in a "maathadu maathaadu mallige" kinda marriage song. if so - that can be the worst thing to happen to an "authentic" scifi movie.

jaiganes
2nd August 2010, 07:28 AM

Surprised! Raavanan is yet to strike any interest in me! In fact I even forgot about it until Endhiran came along. Right now VTV is The album for me, like a old wine its taste is very mature now :musicsmile:

(Sorry I am always late to appreciate anything :ashamed:)

Good that some one brought up the comparison between Raavanan and Enthiran. I felt that Raavanan songs were taken away from the cooker a good 5 mins before the first whistle. Endhiran songs however have all the nicely added layers perfectly blended and well cooked. It also could be the fact that Mani cares two hoots about songs while Shankar knows that they are the main course for the kind of movies he makes. One felt that even ARR was kinda pissed off with the kind of treatment Mani has been giving to his musical output and that kinda shows in how the fantastic starting to "usure pogudhe" tapers of with a rather meek theermaanam while here the conclusion to songs are as captivating as their rocking beginning. It is time ARR takes shankar wherever he goes (Bollywood or hollywood) - no one gets better danceworthy tracks from Rahman than Shankar and Mani continued the trend of messing up superlative Rahman tracks with Raavanan.

Raikkonen
2nd August 2010, 08:45 AM
voted for irumbu. :cool:

B.E.P.-esque.

cm123
2nd August 2010, 09:17 AM
Album rocks! Ella pugalum ARR ke..

And many thanks to Thalaivar who allowed ARR & Shankar to go for a different way.

lancelot
2nd August 2010, 09:47 AM
its crazy how this album is growing on me. didnt have much expectations on this album. never really been a big fan of ARR/Shankar (except Kathalan, Boys).

At first listen, Enthiran sounded below par (even with me going in with low expectations). however, it has started to grow on me. will listen to it more (the whole day during work) and give you guys my thoughts.

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 09:48 AM
so far,album was good review from both rajini and arr fans! :clap:

Scale
2nd August 2010, 10:31 AM
//I felt that Raavanan songs were taken away from the cooker a good 5 mins before the first whistle. Endhiran songs however have all the nicely added layers perfectly blended and well cooked.//

:hammer: And I know how much you loathe MR. To your favour, we will see the reaction once Enthiran releases.

cm,

Replace "thanks' with "regrets", thats my opinion.

natha,
I dont find anything 'futuristic' infact it has certainly killed the vision that Shankar-ARR had pre sivaji releases Shakalaka baby, boom boom, dating even chikku bukku. Its almost impossible to create that image if you RK in mind. The songs are ok but nothing of that kind.

Scale
2nd August 2010, 10:45 AM
Take boom boom from boys for ex... thats what I call very very futuristic and highly innovative in terms of tune, lyrics (particularly the opening) mind boggling sounds & sax ludes, Adnan Sami (bare his pronounciation & vasundra's lovely vocals) one heck of a picturisation to create that garage image in CGI. It worked awesome for a song but to maintain that level of consistency in a whole album, movie with RK in the lead thats impossible I say :notworthy:

Saw that IOIM picturisation RK shaking his limbs with a group of robos and with all those iron concrete bg :shock:

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 10:48 AM
Its almost impossible to create that image if you RK in mind. The songs are ok but nothing of that kind.
Whoa!! This is one album where you don't see a single song tailor-made for Rajini, the star and you conveniently blame the mediocrity on him.. :shock:

IR gave some of the best ever songs in the history of TFI to the same Rajini. If you do not like the songs, the music director (and perhaps the director) should take the blame. They both were mediocre. As simple as that.

VTV >= Enthiran > Raavan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raavanan

Sanjeevi

same here!innum 2 varushatukku thalaivar album tamil-la kedaiyathu pola! :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: thalivaaaaa....!!!!

What about MR's pookkadai

Nerd
And siddharth is a better buddy than RK and he inspires Shankar/ARR? :lol:

And SJSurya/Santhanu are more inspiring, yeah :rotfl3:

Scale
2nd August 2010, 10:51 AM
How is that you were always the first? And for RK's sake please don't bring IR here and some may purposely question you who is he without him.

//VTV >= Enthiran > Raavan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raavanan//

Good for you, let it be.

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 10:52 AM
And can you please not bring Rajini here? Do you need someone to hide your idol's inability to come up with experimental/imaginative songs?? :lol:

Scale
2nd August 2010, 10:55 AM
ennaala mudinja alavukku theliva sollitten dont bring the star cast. Having followed ARR all while definitely that doesn't inspire him anyway. Shankar, yes! Thats really annoying!

Scale
2nd August 2010, 10:56 AM
Who is acting in this movie RK or IR? In what way is IR associated to this movie? Care to think.

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 11:03 AM
ennaala mudinja alavukku theliva sollitten dont bring the star cast.
Rajinikanth is not acting in this film? May be he is the cinematographer.

I would not have come here if you had not brought him.

:wave:

Scale
2nd August 2010, 11:07 AM
//Do you need someone to hide your idol's inability to come up with experimental/imaginative songs?? Laughing//

RS should be happy to hear that and I do certainly agree with you on this comparatively with some of his other songs.

:ta ta: btb, be prepared to work some overtime days are fast approaching.

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 11:11 AM

innum marame nadala,poo veppa santhai-ikku vanthu.... :fatigue:

Scale
2nd August 2010, 11:12 AM
:lol: @anand

Mahen
2nd August 2010, 11:14 AM
English lines in Irumbile is very catchy 8-) esp Ooo..ooo obo

Citti Dance :notworthy:

Arima arima should be used for Rajni's intro 8-)

Kadhal anukkal is still my favorite :musicsmile:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 11:16 AM
my latest prefence is kalimanjaro and irumbale iru ithayam!savadi! :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
2nd August 2010, 11:20 AM

what? a duet for SS intro?

m_karthik
2nd August 2010, 11:23 AM

Ennapa ellorum Sultan varadhunnae mudivu panniteengala?? :roll:
Puli kooda tamil la varalaam.. :!:

Mahen
2nd August 2010, 11:26 AM

Noo..The first 30secs would be perfect for RAjni's intro :)

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 11:26 AM
VTV,RAAVANAN,and ENTHIRAN.see the variety of each album from thalaivar!amazing..totally diffrent :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

rayan36
2nd August 2010, 11:36 AM

Im really not sure if both is the intro for Rajini....the Puthiya Manitha sounds like bgm for making the robot,...well until SPB comes.....

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 11:36 AM

Ennapa ellorum Sultan varadhunnae mudivu panniteengala?? :roll:
Puli kooda tamil la varalaam.. :!:

puli tamil-la vantha santhosam - than but sjs moolama hero-va varakkudathu innu kadavulai ellarum oru ganam pirarttippom!'kadavule enggalai kaapattu! :cry2:

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 11:45 AM
first song would b pudhiya manidha...

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 11:53 AM
chitti dance showcase is superb.orutar kuda vote podala??? :(

sathya_1979
2nd August 2010, 12:03 PM
Hooked on to IrumbilE! Playing non stop :D
I am a super girl
Un kaadhal rapper girl :boo:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 12:05 PM
[tscii:1acd2e105a]enthiran music review

When I saw SPB in the credits of Puthiya Manidha I expected the massy yet majestic, philosophical sort of hero song that he usually sings for Rajni, but what greeted me instead was a blast of techno sounds and synthesized voices. Fortunately the vocals are not processed for the entire song and hence we get to enjoy SPB’s vocal brilliance sans adulteration about half way into the song. I am not sure if Khatija Rahman actually sounds that way or there is an electronic assistance, but whatever it is she sounds fantastic! And there are enough Rahman-special elements in the song to make it enjoyable on the whole, but in a very sophisticated way, not the kind generally expected of SPB-Rajni combo.
The moment you hear the beautiful acoustic guitar opening for Kadhal Anukkal you know that nothing can go wrong in this one. And true to expectations a mesmerizing melody follows, Vijay Prakash and Shreya Ghoshal totally rocking the vocals. Them and ARR’s breezy arrangement which includes some surprise elements like the Celtic first interlude – Kadhal Anukkal is instant addiction! Irumbile Oru Idaiyam is a sharp contrast however, an average tune with an overdose of electronic instruments. Kash and Krissy accompany Rahman on the vocals for this one. The under 3 minute Chitti Dance Showcase rendered by Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani and Yogi B is a pot pourri of sorts, featuring everything from electronic to konnakol to orchestral elements. And hence it is interesting in parts. But when taken in its entirety it doesn’t make much sense. May be watching it in the movie will give a better idea. Arima Arima is all about orchestral extravagance, Rahman employing an entire range of instruments to effect that imposing feel. I can already picture a Vaaji Vaaji type of setting for this one. And with Hariharan, Sadhna Sargam and the chorus doing a fab job at the vocals as well, Arima Arima is a winner!
Kilimanjaro is entertaining for its tribal fusion elements in arrangement and the vocal efforts of Javed Ali and Chinmayi rather than for the tune per se. It is interesting to note the various instruments, specially the percussion, that make appearance at different points of the song. The soundtrack closes on a relatively lowkey note, with another electronic-soaked track, Boom Boom Robo Da, sung by Yogi B, Swetha Mohan, Kirti Sagathia and Tanvi Shah. Though the base tune is middling, it too does have its interesting points, especially the Middle Eastern elements in places.
While the soundtrack of Endhiran has enough fodder to delight a connoisseur, it remains to be seen how much its sophistication will appeal to the masses, who are after all Rajni’s primary target.

Music Aloud Rating: 8.5/10

Recommended Tracks: Kadhal Anukkal, Arima Arima, Puthiya Manidha

http://www.musicaloud.com/2010/07/31/music-review-endhiran/[/tscii:1acd2e105a]

satissh_r
2nd August 2010, 12:22 PM
Uyiriyal mozhigalil ENDHIRAN thanadi, Ulaviyal mozhigalil INDHIRAN nanadi :thumbsup:

Kaargi :clap:

rayan36
2nd August 2010, 01:05 PM
Irumbulile Oru Kathal

You wanna feel my kiss
Boy you can't touch this

robotic, hypnotic, hynotic, supersonic
superstar come come come get it...

Irumbile oru ithayam mulaikitho
Muthal murai kathal azhaikitho

Pujiyam Ondrodu
Poovasam Indrodu

Minminkal Vinnodu
Minnalkal kannodu

Googlegal Kanathe
Theydalgal Yenodu

Kalangal Kana Kathal
Pen Poove Unnodu

i-Robo un kathil
I Love You soladha

I am a Super Girl
Un Kathal Girl

Ennulle Ennalam
Nethane Nethane

Un Nela Kannoram
Minsaram Paripen
Yen Neela Pallale
Unnodu Siripen

Yen Engine nenjodu
Un nenjai annaipen
Nee thoongum nerathil
Naan yennai annaipen
Yennalum Yeppothum
Un kaiyil bommai aven

Watch me robo shake it
I know you wanna break it

Thodhu pesum bhodum
Shock adika kudum
Kathal seiyum neram
motor vekam kudum
Iravil Naduvil battery than therum

Memoryil kumariyai
thani serai pidithen
Shutdownai seyamal
Iravinil thudithen

Sensor ellam theya theya
Nallum unnai padithen
Unnalay thane
Yen vithikazhai maranthen

Echil illa yenthan mutham
sarchai indri kolvaya
ratham illa kathal yendru
othi poga solvaya

Uyiriyil mozhikalil endhiran thanadi
Ulaviyil mozhikalil indiran naanadi

Sathal illa sabam vangi
manmale vanthaney
Theimaname illa
kathal kondu vantheney

Hey Robo mayakathey

You wanna come and get it boy
Or are you just a robo toy

I don't wanna break you
Even though it takes too
Kinda like a breakthrough
You don't even need a clue

You be my man's back up
I think you need a check up

I can melt your heart down
Maybe if you got one

We doing this for ages
Since the time of Sages

Mudhathey Oram po
Nee Yen kalai sutrum pambo
Kathal seiyum robo
Nee tevai illai po po

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 01:24 PM
Uyiriyal mozhigalil ENDHIRAN thanadi, Ulaviyal mozhigalil INDHIRAN nanadi :thumbsup:

Kaargi :clap:who is that karki..engendhu vandhaan...lyrics,dialouges...ellam he is involved

sathya_1979
2nd August 2010, 01:35 PM
Madan kaarkki is Vairamuthu's son

Roshan
2nd August 2010, 01:36 PM

Kaargi :clap:who is that karki..engendhu vandhaan...lyrics,dialouges...ellam he is involved

:lol: entha ulagathula irukkeenga neenga ? Madhan Karki is Vairamuthu's eldest son. A PhD holder in Computer Science and an Assistant Professor in Anna University. Namma Vivasayi'ku ellaam vaathiyaar at the Uni.

This is his blog http://madhankarky.blogspot.com/

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 01:49 PM

:lol: entha ulagathula irukkeenga neenga ? Madhan Karki is Vairamuthu's eldest son. A PhD holder in Computer Science and an Assistant Professor in Anna University. Namma Vivasayi'ku ellaam vaathiyaar at the Uni.

This is his blog http://madhankarky.blogspot.com/i heard but nambe mudiyale...unmayave va...didnt think he would b involved in writing part... :)

Roshan
2nd August 2010, 02:05 PM

This is his blog http://madhankarky.blogspot.com/i heard but nambe mudiyale...unmayave va...didnt think he would b involved in writing part... :)

This is what he says at the end in his acknowledgement to all who supported him towards his doctorate.

"For a person who truly believed he is going to be a high school drop out, I think this attempt is a decent achievement. It would not have been possible without support and guidance of so many people. I would like to thank them all once again. "

For the complete write up...
http://madhankarky.blogspot.com/2009/08/education-acknowledgments-from-my-phd.html

NOV
2nd August 2010, 02:19 PM
Raghav, check my FB, he is on my friends list. :P

and don't use orumai on people your don't know. :evil:

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 02:23 PM
Raghav, check my FB, he is on my friends list. :P

and don't use orumai on people your don't know. :evil:yea..sorry..... :)

raghavendran
2nd August 2010, 02:36 PM
நான் கண்டது ஆறறிவு நி கொண்டது பேரறிவு :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 03:10 PM
Endhiran, a perfect superstar album

Every film of director Shankar or superstar Rajnikanth [ Images ] has beaten previously set box office successes after Sivaji, their first venture together.

Now with Sun Pictures' Endhiran, science-fiction adventure, the hype has only increased. This time the dynamic duo has join hands with another icon, A R Rahman [ Images ].

Proof of their excitement is evident in the way Shankar and A R Rahman have penned their thoughts in the helpful lyric-booklet that accompanies the CD: "How do I describe Endhiran? It is excitement, entertainment, a huge, fresh dream ..." goes on the director, while the music maestro calls it the movie "that will define Tamil cinema."

A score of lyricists such as Vairamuthu, Madhan Karki and Pa Vijay have contributed the words to this much vaunted blockbuster in the making. Here's a look at what Endhiran has to offer.

First off we have what sounds like machinery powering down, followed by a forlorn echo. You can't really recognize S P Balasubramaniyam's voice without his name being mentioned. A R Rahman's voice is easier to make out, as it really suits the robot format -- unemotional, crisp and metallic. The lyrics are themselves meant as an awakening, and Khatija Rahman's young voice adds an almost reverence to it. This of course, is only the prelude to the much more zest-filled Pudhiya Manitha. Veteran SPB's voice gives full vent, touching the high and low notes with equal ease. The ending is strangely peaceful. It's a song that celebrates a new birth, and it does justice to the event.

There's no doubt at all about what kind of song Kadhal Anukkal is going to be -- the melange of instruments that warble in a delighted fashion tell you that it's yet another scientifically romantic number, bringing Newton along for the ride. It does remind you, in parts, of an earlier Rahman number, Omana Penne, but has enough drive to carry it on its own strength. The refrain in particular is catchy, even as Vijay Prakash and Shreya Ghoshal [ Images ] sing with enthusiasm. Though it doesn't scale heights of brilliance, it manages to be sweet.

The Chitti Dance Showcase, as a departure from other numbers is, as you might expect, a piece meant to display the many perfections of the robot. Rendered by Yogi B, Praveen Mani and Pradeep Vijay, it's a mixture of synthesized rhythms and carnatic music, even bringing in a dash of melodious western symphony on occasion. It's short and to the point.

Irumbile Oru Idhayam begins with heart-thumping enthusiasm, while a female voice kicks off the refrain with energy practically flying off the CD. The futuristic mood is ever-present, and appropriately, the number starts in English. Rahman himself takes the vocal reins in a voice modified to suit a robot. It fits in quite well, especially in accompaniment with Kash n Krissy. The song itself is abrupt and has a choppy feel, entirely suitable for the mood of the song. It's all romantic, this number, but suffused with equal parts of sensuality. You can't help but smile at phrases where the robot "fails to shutdown" at night. In fact, it's the English rap that rather fails in its appeal. The robot's "voice" in itself, and the faint angst in it are quite pleasant; it's easy to fall into its rhythm.

The lion-king arrives as Arima Arima kicks off with trumpets blaring and then into ominous, royal-esque music that heralds, not surprisingly, the arrival of a king. The song is typically hero-centric, with both male and female lavishing praises on the hero. Certainly, the superstar's image stands up well to the praise, and the rumbling background arrangement adds to the depth. Like a good many of Rahman's numbers lately, the song, sung by Hariharan [ Images ] and Sadhna Sargam seems to slip away from a structured format. There's a good deal of English thrown in too. Still, certain phrases, like "Akrinaiyin arasan naan," and "Kaamutra kanini," are unique and intriguing. Others, like "Aisukke Ice," though a direct and flattering reference to the former Miss World, aren't that appealing. The second instrumental interlude has certain interesting variations, before returning to the charanam which heaps accolades on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan [ Images ] as well. There's a certain majesty to the song; the refrain works quite well, which goes a long way towards elevating this song from just another praise-filled number to one that gives you something, musically.

Kilimanjaro begins, expectedly, with a distinctly African feel -- drums, what feels like a spider chittering across a table-top, a gaggle of words, a thumping beat. Javed Ali and Chinmayi kick off the high notes. It's simplistic, steady, and the words are a jumble of Thamizh and who-knows-what, but when accompanied by the rousing rhythm, make you forget. Rather jarring are the "oohs" and "aahs" that add an erotic note to the song for this is a rather modified kuthu song. Not the pick of the selection, but it has the instrumental arrangement going for it.

Thundering rhythms take you into Boom Boom Robot Da, which kicks off in the best synthesized music style. Lyricist Karki has mixed and matched Isaac Asimov, Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein in his ode to the robot, while Keerthi Sagathiya, Swetha Mohan and Thanvisha sing with enthusiastic abandon. Yogi B contributes a touch of rap to the proceedings, even as the music rapidly becomes Indian. The instrumental arrangement takes some getting used to, particularly as its meant to be a futuristic compilation of sorts. One moment it sounds like something out of the 25th century, while the next it goes to the past, even sounding at times like one of Rahman's earliest hits from Thiruda Thiruda. The second interlude, a mixture of humming and piano notes is pleasant. There's lot of love for the robot, with plenty of the superstar's own epithets thrown in. It's fast, loud and furious, but only mildly appealing.

Endhiran is, in fact, a perfect superstar album. Where the collection does manage to veer from the usual, Rahman has managed to add his own quirky, creative notes to the songs.

Parts of the album actually rise above the usual flattering themes and do create a unique musical experience. It might not be the brilliant effort reserved for off-beat works but this is a mainstream entertainer, and the maestro has put together numbers that make an intriguing listen.

http://movies.rediff.com/review/2010/aug/02/south-music-tamil-review-endhiran.htm

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 03:12 PM
[tscii:33164fffc2]Rahman is a real yogi: Rajinikanth

Once again Rajinikanth, the superstar of Indian cinema, proved his simplicity through his straight forward speech at Endhiran music launch function held in KL, Malaysia.

Buzz up!PICC (putrajaya Internationl Conventional Center), the venue of music launch was jampacked on Saturday and thousands of Rajini fans were eagerly waiting to hear their matin¨¦e idol's speech. After the audio launch, Rajinikanth ascended the stage and as expected, the auditorium exploded in applause and one could almost touch the anticipation and excitement that spread through the hall.

Rajini started his speech with the world famous slogan (Thanks to Rahman) 'Ella pugazhum Iravanukke....'

Says Rajini, "There are four important pillars which are crucial role in this film. Shankar, Sun Pictures Kalanidhi Maran, Aishwarya Bachchan and Rathnavelu. This film will create history in the Indian cinema. I'm not saying this just because its a big budget or Shankar-Aishwarya-Kalanidhi Maaran-Rajinikanth combination. This is the first scientific movie made with Hollywood standards in India. First of its kind. Thats why I'm saying this with confident."

"When I signed Sivaji, I asked Kamal (Hassan) what kind of a maker Shankar was. He told me he is a very intelligent man, but a very demanding man as well. And now, before Sun Pictures came on board, I told Mr. Kalanidhi Maran that Shankar is a like a wild race horse ¨C he will surely reach to the destination, but we must hang on tight to keep up with him. I'm sure that Shankar is a true visionary and would direct a fabulous Hollywood movie soon..."

Talking about A.R. Rahman, the superstar said, "For me Rahman is a real yogi. There are three important aspects that differentiate a normal man from a yogi. A true yogi has no ego. He is one who follows the path of love. Above all, he surrenders himself unto God by putting Him before all else ¨C success, power, money. Considering these things, AR Rahman is a yogi. He has all these three qualities that spiritual gurus say make a yogi. He's a proof that you don't have to go to the Himalayas to find yogis. We, Tamils are very proud to have such a personality at our time!¡±

Rajini went on to say that Aishwarya Rai is no ordinary lady. She is a mixture of beauty and brains. "She is the most beautiful Miss World of our times. Even in a scene in the movie where she wore hardly any make up, she looked stunning! She's the kind of woman who is charming in every way," he added. He also comically mentioned that when he played romantic scenes with Ash, he was aware that her father in law Amitabh would warn him like 'Rajini gabardhar!'.

Coming to the unconditional affection of his fans for him, Rajini humbly said they treat him like a baby. "Parents dress their child in fancy clothes and rejoice when they see that child sing and dance. Similarly, you all dress me up in different get-ups, make me look younger, ask me to dance and sing, and praise and applaud me when I do that. It's all your doing. I do nothing," he quipped.

At the end of his speech, like the true philosopher and spiritualist he said, the super star insisted the happiness and the success because it is not permanent. "Sometimes you will have to come down before you achieve something which will take you to the top. If you succeed once and think you're successful, you would be in for a rude shock. Ups and downs in life are inevitable. Learn to accept both and move on,¡± he said and returned to his seat amidst thundering applause."

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/rajini-rahman-endhiran-020810.html[/tscii:33164fffc2]

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd August 2010, 04:13 PM
Endhiran, a perfect superstar album

Every film of director Shankar or superstar Rajnikanth [ Images ] has beaten previously set box office successes after Sivaji, their first venture together.

Now with Sun Pictures' Endhiran, science-fiction adventure, the hype has only increased. This time the dynamic duo has join hands with another icon, A R Rahman [ Images ].

Proof of their excitement is evident in the way Shankar and A R Rahman have penned their thoughts in the helpful lyric-booklet that accompanies the CD: "How do I describe Endhiran? It is excitement, entertainment, a huge, fresh dream ..." goes on the director, while the music maestro calls it the movie "that will define Tamil cinema."

A score of lyricists such as Vairamuthu, Madhan Karki and Pa Vijay have contributed the words to this much vaunted blockbuster in the making. Here's a look at what Endhiran has to offer.

First off we have what sounds like machinery powering down, followed by a forlorn echo. You can't really recognize S P Balasubramaniyam's voice without his name being mentioned. A R Rahman's voice is easier to make out, as it really suits the robot format -- unemotional, crisp and metallic. The lyrics are themselves meant as an awakening, and Khatija Rahman's young voice adds an almost reverence to it. This of course, is only the prelude to the much more zest-filled Pudhiya Manitha. Veteran SPB's voice gives full vent, touching the high and low notes with equal ease. The ending is strangely peaceful. It's a song that celebrates a new birth, and it does justice to the event.

There's no doubt at all about what kind of song Kadhal Anukkal is going to be -- the melange of instruments that warble in a delighted fashion tell you that it's yet another scientifically romantic number, bringing Newton along for the ride. It does remind you, in parts, of an earlier Rahman number, Omana Penne, but has enough drive to carry it on its own strength. The refrain in particular is catchy, even as Vijay Prakash and Shreya Ghoshal [ Images ] sing with enthusiasm. Though it doesn't scale heights of brilliance, it manages to be sweet.

The Chitti Dance Showcase, as a departure from other numbers is, as you might expect, a piece meant to display the many perfections of the robot. Rendered by Yogi B, Praveen Mani and Pradeep Vijay, it's a mixture of synthesized rhythms and carnatic music, even bringing in a dash of melodious western symphony on occasion. It's short and to the point.

Irumbile Oru Idhayam begins with heart-thumping enthusiasm, while a female voice kicks off the refrain with energy practically flying off the CD. The futuristic mood is ever-present, and appropriately, the number starts in English. Rahman himself takes the vocal reins in a voice modified to suit a robot. It fits in quite well, especially in accompaniment with Kash n Krissy. The song itself is abrupt and has a choppy feel, entirely suitable for the mood of the song. It's all romantic, this number, but suffused with equal parts of sensuality. You can't help but smile at phrases where the robot "fails to shutdown" at night. In fact, it's the English rap that rather fails in its appeal. The robot's "voice" in itself, and the faint angst in it are quite pleasant; it's easy to fall into its rhythm.

The lion-king arrives as Arima Arima kicks off with trumpets blaring and then into ominous, royal-esque music that heralds, not surprisingly, the arrival of a king. The song is typically hero-centric, with both male and female lavishing praises on the hero. Certainly, the superstar's image stands up well to the praise, and the rumbling background arrangement adds to the depth. Like a good many of Rahman's numbers lately, the song, sung by Hariharan [ Images ] and Sadhna Sargam seems to slip away from a structured format. There's a good deal of English thrown in too. Still, certain phrases, like "Akrinaiyin arasan naan," and "Kaamutra kanini," are unique and intriguing. Others, like "Aisukke Ice," though a direct and flattering reference to the former Miss World, aren't that appealing. The second instrumental interlude has certain interesting variations, before returning to the charanam which heaps accolades on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan [ Images ] as well. There's a certain majesty to the song; the refrain works quite well, which goes a long way towards elevating this song from just another praise-filled number to one that gives you something, musically.

Kilimanjaro begins, expectedly, with a distinctly African feel -- drums, what feels like a spider chittering across a table-top, a gaggle of words, a thumping beat. Javed Ali and Chinmayi kick off the high notes. It's simplistic, steady, and the words are a jumble of Thamizh and who-knows-what, but when accompanied by the rousing rhythm, make you forget. Rather jarring are the "oohs" and "aahs" that add an erotic note to the song for this is a rather modified kuthu song. Not the pick of the selection, but it has the instrumental arrangement going for it.

Thundering rhythms take you into Boom Boom Robot Da, which kicks off in the best synthesized music style. Lyricist Karki has mixed and matched Isaac Asimov, Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein in his ode to the robot, while Keerthi Sagathiya, Swetha Mohan and Thanvisha sing with enthusiastic abandon. Yogi B contributes a touch of rap to the proceedings, even as the music rapidly becomes Indian. The instrumental arrangement takes some getting used to, particularly as its meant to be a futuristic compilation of sorts. One moment it sounds like something out of the 25th century, while the next it goes to the past, even sounding at times like one of Rahman's earliest hits from Thiruda Thiruda. The second interlude, a mixture of humming and piano notes is pleasant. There's lot of love for the robot, with plenty of the superstar's own epithets thrown in. It's fast, loud and furious, but only mildly appealing.

Endhiran is, in fact, a perfect superstar album. Where the collection does manage to veer from the usual, Rahman has managed to add his own quirky, creative notes to the songs.

Parts of the album actually rise above the usual flattering themes and do create a unique musical experience. It might not be the brilliant effort reserved for off-beat works but this is a mainstream entertainer, and the maestro has put together numbers that make an intriguing listen.

http://movies.rediff.com/review/2010/aug/02/south-music-tamil-review-endhiran.htm

Really ? :shock: :shock: Why? has ARR done some Technical thing with SPB sir's voice during recording or what ? :roll:

SoftSword
2nd August 2010, 05:24 PM
my order:

Pudhiya manidha
Kadhal anukkal
Irumbilae
Arima Arima

Kilimanjaro - still not getting used to the tune

and the two techno tracks, doesn impress me yet.

Benny Lava
2nd August 2010, 05:27 PM
Due to some stupidity I forgot to transfer the songs to my iPhone...

Throughout work, Pudhiya Manidha was ringing in my ears .. finally felt relieved only after coming home and listening.. enna song!! :clap:

Guess_Me
2nd August 2010, 07:25 PM

got the info. It's a type of hen. Not Emu.
Actually I think it is "Guinea Kozhi" as in Guinea hen from the Guineafowl bird family.

http://rosswarner.com/guinea.jpg

Matches Aishwarya Rai's getup in Kilimanjaro song, doesn't it?

MADDY
2nd August 2010, 07:34 PM
rahman is toying too much with chord structures and arrangements, rythms - this is what i feel after listening to chitti dance, puthiya manitha..............rahman post SDM is very different just like the rahman, post-bombay dreams was.......

with endhiran album, rahman has unleashed a techno tsunami - i donno why every time rahman touches a genre, we feel its first time we are listening to it........puthiya manitha and chitti dance are still my favorites - very unconventional, makes us yearn for more unconventional stuff in coming years from rahman........

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 07:36 PM
[tscii:a7397e10a7]Music to the ears

With its blend of melody, trance and rhythm, “Enthiran — The Robot” sounds like a winner

It's finally here — the music of the much-awaited Rajinikanth-Aishwarya Rai starrer “Enthiran — The Robot”. Chennai may have lost out on hosting the formal music launch event (it was held in Malaysia), but the album has hit the stands in stores across the city, and it's time to check out what the maestro A.R. Rahman has to offer the Superstar this time, after their super-successful last outing in “Sivaji — The Boss”.

The first track of the album, Pudhiya Manidha, truly sets the mood. A futuristic trance number, the songis all robotic voices and hypnotic rhythms, and captures your imagination right away. In typical Rahman style, it's more than just another trance track — it also has a haunting, invocatory tone, both in the lyrics by Vairamuthu (the recurring refrain is Pudhiya manidha boomiku vaa) and in the music itself, which can be goose-bump inducing. A terrific opening for an otherworldly sci-fic epic's soundtrack, for sure.

Kadhal Anukkal, the second number, is the perfect contrast to the first, and opens with a gorgeous guitar intro. A lilting romantic duet, sung with style by Vijay Prakash (and ably supported by the sweet-voiced Shreya Ghosal), this song comes as a breath of fresh air, infused as it is with pretty harmonies and dreamy musical interludes. In an album filled with thumping beats and futuristic robotic voices, it provides welcome respite (even if its lyrics are liberally sprinkled with words such as ‘neutron' and ‘electron' and ‘Newton'). An instantly appealing number, with Rahman at his melodic best.

And then, it's back to future with Irumbile Oru Irudhaiyam (featuring Rahman and Kash n' Krissy), a purely techno track with pounding breakbeats, a mix of English and Tamil lyrics, and more of the computerised voices and sound effects and such. It's almost certain to become all the rage at clubs around the city, along with the next track, Chitti Dance Showcase, which, as the name suggests, is a hardcore dance number, with virtually no lyrics. Chitti…has such an eclectic mix of rhythms and styles that only Rahman could have carried it off — some hip-hop, some heavy metal guitar riffs, and even some symphony orchestra and konnakol mixed in for good measure, all set to frenetic beats. It's a short piece, but boy, does it pack a punch!

There are some things you expect from every album of a Superstar movie, and one of them is His Song. You know, that wonderfully celebratory number to which Rajini will fill the screen in his inimitable style. For “Enthiran”, Arima Arima is that song. It has the triumphant trumpet calls and the majestic drums, the chorus singing praises; just a dramatic piece overall to which you can picture Rajini striding forward, jacket flying regally behind him.

Kilimanjaro, the penultimate number in the album, is quintessentially Rahman. A playful and quirky song with an infectious refrain and a thumping beat, it features some lively vocals by Javed Ali and Chinmayi. It has tribal-sounding interludes, but manages to be super-modern at the same time, and grows on you with every listen. Quite likely to become one of the immediately popular numbers from the album. The final number, Boom Boom Robo Da with a rap track by Yogi B, is one of the slightly more forgettable songs in the album, though has its moments too, with its multiple elements, including a softly Latin interlude, and a title refrain that's likely to keep looping your head.

The album is classic Rajnikanth in parts, classic Rahman in others, with a heavy-duty dash of the futuristic thrown in. The emphasis on techno and dance might mean it isn't to everyone‘s tastes, but overall, it's unlikely to disappoint fans of either the Superstar or the Mozart of Madras.

Greater access

It's been craziness and chaos all around, but it's finally done —the “Enthiran”CDs have been packed and shipped out by Think Music. “We've tried to set up as many ways as possible for customers to access ‘Endhiran'content,” says Priya Krishnan of Think Music.

Those ways include setting up a mini-store online at enthiranthemovie.in, where you can buy the seven tracks either as singles or as an album, and, in the process, get access to branded badges, posters, and best of all, first-week tickets to the movie.

“We've sweetened the deal by making 5,000 tickets available on the Web,” says Krishnan.

This is to provide people who want to download the music online with legal alternatives. Anti-piracy planning has been a core part of the process for Think Music this time, including a link-up with antipiracy.org, a U.S.-based team that specialises in bringing down infringing websites and content on sites such as youtube.

“We've already caught 300 piracy sites in the space of just 24 hours,” she says.

If the Internet isn't really your thing, you can still have the music brought to your doorstep — literally. For the first time, the label offers a home delivery system, where you can call 044-42244000 and have the CD dropped off at your home in Chennai.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article547834.ece[/tscii:a7397e10a7]

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 07:47 PM
எந்திரன் திரைப்பட இசை விமர்சனம்

பாடல்கள்- வைரமுத்து, பா.விஜய் , கார்க்கி
இசை- ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்

தமிழ் ரசிகர்கள் பெரிதும் எதிர்ப்பார்த்த ரஜினி யின் எந்திரன் இசை- பாடல்கள் வெளியாகிவிட்டன.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையில், வைரமுத்து, பா.விஜய், கார்க்கி பாடல் வரிகளில் ரசிகர்களுக்கு முழுத் திருப்தி கிடைத்துள்ளதா...? பார்க்கலாம்!

சி.டியில் மொத்தம் 7 பாடல்கள். இவற்றில் 6 முழு பாடல்கள். ஒன்று மட்டும் யோகி.பி, பிரவீண் மணியின் ராப் பாடல்.

'புதிய மனிதா... பூமிக்கு வா...' என்ற வைரமுத்துவின் பாடலுடன் ஆரம்பிக்கிறது ஆல்பம்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான், அவரது மகள் கதீஜா குரல்களில் மெதுவாக ஆரம்பிக்கும் அந்தப் பாட்டு, 'நான் கண்டது ஆறறிவு, நீ கண்டது பேரறிவு...' என எஸ்.பி.பியின் குரலுக்கு தாவியதும் உச்சத்துக்குப் போகிறது, நாடி நரம்புகளை முறுக்கேற்றும் விதத்தில். முதல் முறை கேட்கும் போதே உதடுகளில் ஒட்டிக் கொள்கிறது.

அடுத்த பாடல் ஒரு அழகான டூயட். 'காதல் என்பது...' எனத் துவங்கும் இந்தப் பாடலை விஜய் பிரகாஷ்-ஸ்ரேயா கோஷல் பாடியுள்ளனர். முதல் முறை கேட்கும் போது பெரிதாக ஈர்க்கவில்லை!

'இரும்பிலே ஒரு இதயம் முளைக்குதே...' பாடலை கார்க்கி எழுதியுள்ளார். இதற்குத்தான் பெரிய அளவு எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பு இருந்தது. ஆனால், 'பரவாயில்லை கேட்கலாம்....' எனும் அளவுக்குத்தான் இந்தப் பாடல் உள்ளது.

'அரிமா அரிமா...' அடுத்த அட்டகாசம். பின்னி எடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள் இசையமைப்பாளரும் பாடியவரும் எழுதியவரும். வரிக்கு வரி அசத்தல். பாடலின் கம்பீரம் மீண்டும் மீண்டும் கேடகேட்கத் தூண்டுகிறது.

'உன்னைப்போல் பொன்மான் கிடைத்தால் யம்மா சும்மா விடுமா...' என்ற வரிகளை ஹரிஹரன் பாடும் ஸ்டைல் செம கிக்.

இந்த ஆல்பத்தின் உச்சப் பாட்டு என்றால் அது கிளிமாஞ்சாரோ...தான். மனசைத் துள்ள வைக்கும் மெட்டு. அந்த மெட்டை இருமடங்கு தூக்கிக் கொடுக்கும் பா.விஜய்யின் பாடல் வரிகள். இதையெல்லாம் தூக்கி சாப்பிடும் விதத்தில் ஜாவேத் அலியும் சின்மயியும் பாடியிருக்கும் விதம். அட்டகாசமான, பழங்குடி டைப் பாட்டு.

இந்த ஆல்பத்தின் சூப்பர் டூப்பர் ஹிட் பாடல் இதுவே. ரசிகர்களால் அதிக அளவு காலர் ட்யூனாக தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்ட பாட்டும் இதுதான் என்பது கூடுதல் தகவல்.

கடைசி பாட்டு 'ரோ ரோ ரோபோடா...'. பெரிதாக சொல்லிக் கொள்ளும் அளவுக்கு இந்தப் பாடல் இல்லை. வெறும் விஞ்ஞான வார்த்தைகளைப் போட்டு நிரப்பினால் மட்டும் போதாததல்லவா....

மொத்தத்தில் ஒரிரு பாடல்கள் ஏமாற்றம் தந்தாலும், கிளிமாஞ்சாரோ, அரிமா அரிமா, புதிய மனிதா போன்ற கலக்கல் பாடல்களுக்காக கட்டாயம் ஒரிஜினல் சி.டி வாங்கியே கேட்கலாம்!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/02-enthiran-music-review.html

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 07:50 PM
அடுத்த பாடல் ஒரு அழகான டூயட். 'காதல் என்பது...' எனத் துவங்கும் இந்தப் பாடலை விஜய் பிரகாஷ்-ஸ்ரேயா கோஷல் பாடியுள்ளனர். முதல் முறை கேட்கும் போது பெரிதாக ஈர்க்கவில்லை!

ada pavigala!!! :banghead: :hammer:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 08:14 PM
ARR speech enthiran audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwj0c7UbqI#t=07m17s.

Avadi to America
2nd August 2010, 08:17 PM
No one really bad mouthed the album so far....it's a good sign.....hope the songs would reach another peak after relasing the movie and seeing thalivar in silver screen with flashy and trendy costumes.....

A.ANAND
2nd August 2010, 08:20 PM
No one really bad mouthed the album so far....it's a good sign.....hope the songs would reach another peak after relasing the movie and seeing thalivar in silver screen with flashy and trendy costumes.....

:yes: :exactly:

Thiru
2nd August 2010, 08:33 PM
Disappointed with the album... Too much techno for me... Kaadhal anukkal, arima and kilimanjaro are the only ones that stick with me and will probably grow on me... The other ones sound like some synthesized voice and beats to me.. I understand that the movie/script demands it, but still expected a better album from ARR..

Avadi to America
2nd August 2010, 08:34 PM
Disappointed with the album... Too much techno for me... Kaadhal anukkal, arima and kilimanjaro are the only ones that stick with me and will probably grow on me... The other ones sound like some synthesized voice and beats to me.. I understand that the movie/script demands it, but still expected a better album from ARR..

Here you go.....

sathya_1979
2nd August 2010, 08:53 PM
Could not come out of Irumbile! Killer, real killer :bow: eager to see SS in this song!

m_karthik
2nd August 2010, 09:02 PM
ARR speech enthiran audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwj0c7UbqI#t=07m17s.

Thanks Anand..I was searching for this... :D

satissh_r
2nd August 2010, 09:10 PM
Could not come out of Irumbile! Killer, real killer :bow: eager to see SS in this song!

Sathya, officela friends keep telling me about other songs but I can't even go to another song yet :D

sathya_1979
2nd August 2010, 09:15 PM
yes satish, after couple of initial hearings irumbile is playing in infinite loop :D

Rocky89
2nd August 2010, 09:27 PM
Im listening to Irumbile now. Thalaivar's voice :notworthy:

Great techno song :D but the girl's way of singing is very westernish.

priya32
2nd August 2010, 09:30 PM
kiLimanjaarO is the only track I can tolerate in this entire album...all because of Chinmayi's Voice! :)

Rocky89
2nd August 2010, 09:30 PM
Chinmayi sounds very different in Kilimanjaro.

jaiganes
2nd August 2010, 09:31 PM
good to see pudhiya manidha picking up more votes.
I guess after the movie is released, this song is going to electrify and become kind of anthem. Absolute rocker and SPB rocks like helll..
younger singers passing time with help of autotune and sound mixer grace should lear quite a bit from the master as to what is singing... And I second honest raj in saying Arima is SPB territory and hariharan simply passes muster (inspite of his rocking rendition).

Rocky89
2nd August 2010, 09:31 PM
Kadhal Anukka is currently my fav. It'll change in coming days, thats for sure :P

SoftSword
2nd August 2010, 09:33 PM
ya i agree to arima...
SPB would have added more energy to the song...

hamid
2nd August 2010, 09:45 PM

+1..

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd August 2010, 09:57 PM
ya i agree to arima...
SPB would have added more energy to the song...

ithu Therinja Vishayam thaanE :huh: apart from SPB no one excel 'excel' at high octaves ! TMS was good at this those days

Yathu
2nd August 2010, 10:23 PM

I hate to admit it but these are my exact thoughts too. :(

It's fine that techno sounds have been used, but its not really ARRs interpretation of techno. It's like he's conformed to the norm, especially in Irumbile Oru Ithayam. I would've expected ARR to maybe progress the sound.

Maybe I was expecting a little too much from this album. :huh:

I know this is a bit harsh, but there isn't a single track that made me sit up and say wow!

I hope my feelings will change after watching the film. :sigh2:

Ramakrishna
2nd August 2010, 10:32 PM
He has worked really hard on interludes in this album i guess.

Arima, Kaadhal anukkal and kilimanjaro have amazing interludes.

raghavendran
3rd August 2010, 08:24 AM
He has worked really hard on interludes in this album i guess.

Arima, Kaadhal anukkal and kilimanjaro have amazing interludes. :exactly:

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 08:38 AM
-DELETE BY ME-

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 08:41 AM
[tscii:fc5f3a4d06]Endhiran - Rhythmachine!
IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 02, 2010]

AR Rahman’s compositions for Shankar have always been chart toppers. Considering the fact that the movie stars Superstar Rajinikanth and is a big budget science fiction movie, Rahman has tried too much of techno beats!

The lyrics by Vairamuthu, his son Karki Madan and Pa. Vijay use scientific words and even science as body of the songs at times. Music dominates in a few songs that lyrics are not so prominent and no wonder the CD box has the lyrics book for the listener to ‘read’!

Puthiya Manidha Listen here

Singers: SP. Balasubramaniam, AR. Rahman, Khatijia Rahman
Lyricist: Vairamuthu

Going by the names of the vocalists, it could possibly be the introduction song of the hero. SP Balasubramaniam’s sung most of super star Rajinikanth’s songs and all being super hit! In fact, even for a superstitious sentiment, SPB’s voice is mandatory! ‘Puthiya Manidha’ shows the making of ‘the robot’ in the movie!

‘Puthiya Manidha’ starts with the synthesized voice resembling a robot and slowly AR Rahman chips in with his vocals as though a computer singing! Rahman’s daughter Khatija sings the prelude of the song slowly. And after this prelude the tempo increases gradually with the graceful voice of SPB singing the lyrics. Through out the song, the listener has this feel of being in outer space! The techno beats, the fillers and the electro-chorus all give that ambience.

The song has an attractive music pattern in the background composed by Rahman. He’s given best of compositions for introductions before but somehow thing song doesn’t reach the ‘Rajini standards’ yet all depends on how Shankar presents this on screen. Listen to the song for the ‘robot touch’.

Kadal Anukkal Listen here

Singers: Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghoshal

Everything positive about the song! From the beginning till the end! AR Rahman uses the strings amazingly as Vijay Prakash starts singing the duet! As soon as the para starts, the beats used create that positive temperature. Shreya’s voice as usual is fabulous.

Vijay Prakash with the chorus sings the lyrics ‘Oh Baby’ soon after every stanza cantabile. The instrumentation is pleasant with effective percussions as well as harmonious fillers and they are not too jarring. Shreya’s balance of pitch is extraordinary, look at her flow from the low to the high pitch, and no wonder a singer to beckon!

Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam Listen here

Singers: AR. Rahman, Kash 'n' Krissy
Lyricist: Karki, Kash 'n' Krissy (English)

‘Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam’ marks the debut of Karki, Vairamuthu’s son as lyricist. A song that talks about the robot having a heart! Lady Kash and Krissy are talented singers and their services have been used perfectly by AR Rahman. Rahman sings this song himself! The start up of this song might remind you of a popular western number but the majority won’t be aware! The hip-hop beats are classy and the word ’Super Star’ from the ladies sounds amazing!

AR Rahman and Kash n Krissy sing this song with lot of energy as the tempo of the song keeps increasing! The percussions are used effectively. Take notice of Kash n Krissy’s rap, especially their rendition of Tamil!

ARR’s music is truly international. Listen to the glissando in every stanza; he’s tried to infuse the electronic tones to create the ‘robot touch’! Must listen song!

Chitti Dance Showcase Listen here

Singers: Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani, Yogi B

An instrumental track possibly, an interlude. Rahman is a sheer genius and when it comes to beats, he is incomparable. This track talks about all that, as his instrumentation in the background is classy. Adding to that is Yogi B’s rap and the fusion of Carnatic rendition!

As the song progresses, as soon as the reprise, the tempo varies! So could be a title track but answer awaits only on the screen! The end note: You are missing a musical genius if you don’t listen to this!

Arima Arima Listen here

Singers: Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer

A paean on the hero! The song starts with the rhythms of a royal introduction to the hero! As soon as the chorus diminishes, Hariharan starts the song with a varying modulation. The tempo of the song and its background sound something similar to a previous Rahman’s tune but he’s tried to cover that with obvious modifications.

Sadhana’s humming in the behind when Hariharan sings soothes the listener’s ear. When its her turn, Sadhana has sung it well yet flaws of her Tamil pronunciation can be spotted! The sub verses remind you of old Rahman’s compositions but the fillers change that illusion. A terrific song as it progresses, thanks to Hariharan’s expertise!

Kilimanjaro Listen here

Singers: Javed Ali, Chinmayee
Lyricist: Pa. Vijay

A tribal song with tribal beats but the song starts with the usual AR Rahman techno start. Singers Javed Ali and Chinmayee have sung it well. Pa. Vijay has played with words and he’s offered a peppy song with Rahman’s composition giving ample support. The chorus is a vital part of the song as it gives the tribal essence. Listen to the claps in the beginning and at the end, they sound like mouse clicks! The final word - a peppy song that the youth will like.

Boom Boom Robo Da Listen here

Singers: Yogi B, Kirthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan, Tanvi Shah
Lyricist: Karki

A typical hip-hop song, ARR style! Yogi B’s diction and rap forms the core of the song! As the song starts, the instrumental reminds you of a popular ARR composition but like it is said, the modification was ought to be done to remove that doubt. Yogi B’s voice is energetic and he’s made the song lively! Rapping is his strength and check that out in the song! Total class!

Enter female vocals and the beats in the background are classily executed and so are the fillers. The rhythms throughout the song are foot tapping so it would be a delight to see the picturing as Shankar always pictures his song exceedingly well. Check out the musical bit of the song where strings are played alongside the beats! A classy song altogether!

AR Rahman’s Techno Instrumentation

Rahman has always been a composer giving importance to sound and instruments. He’s tried the same but this time with fusion and variety. Grab the ‘Endhiran’ album as it won’t fail to please your music senses.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/9874.html[/tscii:fc5f3a4d06]

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 08:58 AM
Endhiran and SDM topping the charts in iTunes - ARR rocks!

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10worldalbums.html

Endhiran on #2 & #7 in UK and US respectively ...Slumdog is in #5 , #8 and #1 in France ,Germany and Australia

in Austria > SDM in #1

in Belgium > SDM in #2

in Denmark > SDM in #6

in Finland > SDM in #9

in Italy > SDM in #9

in Luxembourg > SDM in #1

in Netherlands > SDM in #6

in New Zealand > SDM in #1

in Norway > SDM in #2

in Portugal > SDM in #5

in Spain > SDM in #1

in Sweden > SDM in #2

in Switzerland > SDM in #5

-ARRYG

Roshan
3rd August 2010, 10:55 AM
As I have repeated many times Kaadhal AnukkaL is my most favourite, followed by boom boom robo da (this song will be used in all dance competitions/programs in all TV channels from now). Rest of the songs.. hmmm... I need to wait until I watch the movie. Adhuvarai ... Sana Sana orE vinaa :musicsmile: and boom boom :boo:

rayan36
3rd August 2010, 11:21 AM
so far irumbile is my choice...... 8-)

rayan36
3rd August 2010, 11:36 AM
[tscii:5398c70e91]The countdown has begun. At the ‘Endhiran’ audio launch one common thread that connected all the speeches was the power of Sun Pictures that made ‘Endhiran’ possible in time. And the man behind Sun pictures, Kalanithi Maran for the first time happened to see and listen how much the pundits of the industry admire him.

After ‘Endhiran’ was acquired by Sun Pictures the movie got a new status and things moved fast. Now as the release date is announced everybody could not hide their admiration for the wonder man Kalanithi Maran.

In his speech at the audio launch Super Star Rajinikanth did not mince words in appreciating Kalanithi Maran. Rajini said "When we met Kalanithi Maran for the film he said we will make it even bigger than Sivaji.” A surprised Rajini went on to say "Kalanithi Maran does anything and everything bigger and better than others. That's why people who matter in India from all industries – cinema or otherwise – hunger to know who this man is. Everybody is waiting to get introduced to him. He is a biggest star of all stars."

Director Shankar said “Maran is a being who said no to nothing till we completed the film. And that was the main reason”.

The grandeur and the hype the film has even before its release could have been made possible only by Kalanithi Maran. He never attends public functions. But his presence in Kula Lumpur is a proof to how much he is serious with ‘Endhiran’. Remember he was also there at the sets on the final day of ‘Endhiran’ shooting.

Kalnithi Maran’s Midas touch is expected to peak with ‘Endhiran’. He shines with what ever he touches. All the speakers at the music launch, particularly SA Chandrasekaran, were very candid and vocal is expressing their admiration at the marketing intelligence of Kalanithi Maran.

It would be prefect and fitting to call Kalanithi Maran the real ‘Endhiran’ who with that extra ordinary intelligence to know what leads to what. ‘Endhiran’ has taken his stakes high and people would next expect only some thing better and bigger than ‘Endhiran’. Every body knows that he is capable of surpassing expectations.

indiaglitz.com[/tscii:5398c70e91]

raghavendran
3rd August 2010, 12:11 PM
all songs r brilliant...cant choose 1 :)

seevaa
3rd August 2010, 02:21 PM

Sathya, officela friends keep telling me about other songs but I can't even go to another song yet :D

yeah i join ur loop too. irumbile is another rocking song.

raghavendran
3rd August 2010, 03:17 PM

yeah i join ur loop too. irumbile is another rocking song.me too...in the first listening of all the songs..irumbile was my fav..ippo ellame fav :)

sha
3rd August 2010, 03:41 PM
so far im only liking puthiya manitha,, all else are too crowded for my taste.

ajaybaskar
3rd August 2010, 06:09 PM
After 3 days of listening, I can say that this is the best Rajni-ARR album till date. Shared the same with Sathya via sms. Even Kilimanjoro, the song which failed to impress me in first listen, is rocking!. Lately I have been listening to a lot of Zimmer's works. That shud be the reason y 'Irumbilae' sounds very very zimmerish for me. My pick of the lot is 'Pudhiya Manitha' though. Stunningly refreshing. Songs shud elevate to a different level once the film releases.

raghavendran
3rd August 2010, 06:34 PM
After 3 days of listening, I can say that this is the best Rajni-ARR album till date. Shared the same with Sathya via sms. Even Kilimanjoro, the song which failed to impress me in first listen, is rocking!. Lately I have been listening to a lot of Zimmer's works. That shud be the reason y 'Irumbilae' sounds very very zimmerish for me. My pick of the lot is 'Pudhiya Manitha' though. Stunningly refreshing. Songs shud elevate to a different level once the film releases. :thumbsup: ...adhe adhe ajay

SoftSword
3rd August 2010, 06:39 PM
To be frank I am yet to fall in love with Endhiran songs :(

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 06:42 PM
summa oru pechikaga sollala!unmaiyile enthiran songd kekkumbothu,ennakku appadiye kathal desam album release aana bothu eppadi oru feeling irunthatho,athey same anubavam intha enthiran songs! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

but enthiran album not like previes shanker and arr combo!item number -than athigama irukkum!but the fist time shanker want arr compose 4 script based song!oru velai,vazhakamana shanker item sivaji,kathalan mathiri dancing type song kettiruntha,athu-vum vazhakkaman sivaji mathiri poiyirukkum!thanks u 2 shanker 1st time something experimental album!ofcoure thalaivar!rocking :clap: :clap:

seevaa
3rd August 2010, 06:44 PM
check the link below. shankar has updated lot of wallpapers from the movie

http://www.directorshankaronline.com/

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 06:45 PM
ENDHIRAN IS NO.1 ON US iTunes TOP WORLD ALBUMS

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 06:55 PM
To be frank I am yet to fall in love with Endhiran songs :(

ippa ivalo naalu frank-ka sollama-than iruntheenggala SS?? :lol:

SoftSword
3rd August 2010, 06:58 PM
edho ennoda english develop panna try panren... adhu pudikkalaya :)

Thiru
3rd August 2010, 07:06 PM
When I first heard kaadhal anukkal, I wrote on my fb page that it reminds us of the 90's rahman.. On listening to it more and more, it does feel like the ARR of the old (pudhiya mugam, uzhavan) mainly because of the usage of strings.. Also, when u are thinking that there's going to be a second charanam, ARR springs a surprise and ends it beautifully.. Easily my pick of the album..

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 07:07 PM
[tscii:9a3474d52c]Endhiran Album Creates Record-Breaking Sales

August 3, 2010: Wow! This is something incredible. The academy award winner A. R. Rahman transcends our expectations with his latest album Endhiran. The film has been generating expectations from the day it started rolling couple of years ago. Finally, the film¡¯s music was unveiled in a gala event in Malaysia.

Guess what? The album has created record-breaking sales across the globe and has occupied no.1 position for more number of downloads in Apple ¨C I Tunes chart on Monday. This is the first time a Tamil album has witnessed such a grand opening of its music at international scenario.

It¡¯s worth mentioning that A. R. Rahman had predicted that Endhiran will make great waves in international music industry. After winning the academy awards, A. R. Rahman has completely changed his course of styling as most of his albums are based on western genres.

Even the Telugu version Robot has witnessed grand sales, which is now likely to overshadow A. R. Rahman¡¯s previous Telugu album Puli.

¨C R. Richard Mahesh /Sampurn

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2010/08/endhiran-album-creates-recordbreaking-sales.html[/tscii:9a3474d52c]

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 07:16 PM
[tscii:a12d18168d]¡®Endhiran¡¯ tops Apple list
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, August 03, 2010]

Endhiran - Gallery

It¡¯s a ¡®record¡¯, literally. The ¡®Endhiran¡¯ music album has occupied the numero uno slot in the ¡®Top Charts¡¯ list of Apple itunes Store, one of the leading portals to sell music albums online.

This is the first time for a Tamil film music album to achieve this position in the website, which accounts for 70 per cent of music sold legally on the internet. And ¡®Endhiran¡¯ has managed to achieve this within a few days of its music release.

This clearly shows once again the popularity of Superstar Rajinikanth and the buzz anything related to his movie could create. The other main strength of the album is no doubt the Oscar-Grammy winner A R Rahman.

The movie¡¯s audio was launched at a closely guarded but star-studded function in Malaysia over the weekend. Produced by Sun Pictures and directed by Shankar, ¡®Endhiran¡¯ is claimed to be made on a never before budget when compared to other Indian films till date.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/59090.html

[/tscii:a12d18168d]

A.ANAND
3rd August 2010, 07:36 PM
ENDHIRAN BREAKS ANOTHER RECORD

Aug 03, 2010

Home > More news

It's record breaking time in Kollywood. Quite literally! What with Endhiran is being made on a 150+ crore budget, the music launched in Malaysia, this Robot has broken one more record. Yes, the music of Endhiran which was launched in Malaysia on Sunday (August 1) is already a rage among music lovers all over the world. Enchanting music by double Oscar winner AR Rahman with Rajini in the lead is reason enough to make people go gaga about this.

The latest in the record breaking spree is something extraordinary. The songs of Endhiran is topping the charts of iTunes which accounts to more than 70% of legal music downloads on the internet. This is a never seen trend as this is the first time any Indian song has topped the list and this has happened only after two days of the audio release. What's next Robot ?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-01/endhiran-rajini-aishwarya-rai-ar-rahman-shankar-03-08-10.html

pullarips! :cheer: :happydance: :pink:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2010, 10:22 PM
Kadhal anukal - Vijay prakash who was 'awsome' in Om Shivohum is just average in this song, his voice is not going to suit SS :sigh2:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2010, 10:25 PM
I am hearing it now 'Puthiya manitha' :musicsmile: :swinghead:

SPB at 64 is a Singing Robo indeed :notworthy: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2010, 10:26 PM
so far only irumbu manitha sounds good :shock:

m_karthik
4th August 2010, 01:38 AM
When I first heard kaadhal anukkal, I wrote on my fb page that it reminds us of the 90's rahman.. On listening to it more and more, it does feel like the ARR of the old (pudhiya mugam, uzhavan) mainly because of the usage of strings.. Also, when u are thinking that there's going to be a second charanam, ARR springs a surprise and ends it beautifully.. Easily my pick of the album..

It would have a great pleasure to have another new interlude and a new charanam..

Really I am missing that in that song... :(

sunnyg
4th August 2010, 07:48 AM
Hello Fellow Fans!

I listened to all the songs in Raaga and loved Irumbile sung by Thalaivar on first listen!

Kilimanjaro is also very catchy.

Let me be more patient and comment on other songs.

I did watch Ravanan and really loved Kodu potta - very catchy and came out very well on screen. 3 songs are rocking in Raavan - Usure poguthe, veera and kodu potta.

Go ARR!

littlemaster1982
4th August 2010, 08:03 AM
சிட்டி சிட்டி ரோபோ
நீ சுட்டி சுட்டி ரோபோ
பட்டி தொட்டியெல்லாம் நீ
பட்டுக்குட்டி ரோபோ

:exactly: Can't stop listening to that bit :musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
4th August 2010, 08:44 AM

It would have a great pleasure to have another new interlude and a new charanam..

It had another charanam too, if Vairamuthu's interview in Kumudham is anything to go by. Probably they've cut that considering the length of the song!!

rvsarna
4th August 2010, 09:18 AM
in my opinion i love 4 songs only!!! the rest is not my cup of tea....

1.Arima Arima [the best]
2.Irumbile Oru Idhayam [unique]
3.Kaadhal Anukkal [nice]
4.Kilimanjaro [catchy]

A.ANAND
4th August 2010, 10:37 AM
[tscii:d95cba8237]Enthiren - Mind blowing opening!

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 04 August , 2010, 10:00

Kalanithi Maran and his Sun Pictures Enthiran audio released through Think Music has created a new world record.

AR Rahman’s extraordinary music in the Shankar directed Rajinikanth film has put the album on top of the charts of the iTunes Store.

Swaroop Reddy of Think Music says: “It is for the first time that a Tamil film album has opened in the number one position in iTunes Store’s Top 10 world album, which by any yardstick is simply phenomenal.?P> As per music industry sources the audio CD of Enthiran has taken the best ever opening in Indian music history. Think Music has sold all the 2.5 lakh CD’s of the film under 48 hours since the audio was officially launched in Malaysia on July 31.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:d95cba8237]

music man
4th August 2010, 11:48 AM
My preference is:

1) Puthiya Manidha
2) Kilimanjaro
3) Chitti Dance Showcase
4) Arima Arima
5) Kaadhal Anukkal
6) Boom Boom Robo da
7) Irumbile oru Irudhaiyam

lancelot
4th August 2010, 11:59 AM
i keep looking in iTunes store, but cannot find Endhiran in any Chart :)

Roshan
4th August 2010, 01:24 PM

It had another charanam too, if Vairamuthu's interview in Kumudham is anything to go by. Probably they've cut that considering the length of the song!!

As I have already mentioned in Enthrian thread in TF section, I too am really missing a 2nd Charanam in Kaadhal AnukkaL. It would have been a complete pack had there been a 2nd Charanam. Nalla rusiyaa saappAdu pOttu - paathi saaptu irukkumpOthu ilaiya edutha maathiri oru feeling - every time I listen to it. They could have left the 2nd Charanam in the album and cut the song short in the movie.

Charanam runs exactly for a minute and the full song would have run up to 6.5 mins, bit lengthy yet worth it.

Ajay, can you post the Kumudham interview of VM here?

interz
4th August 2010, 04:02 PM
Regarding: Irumbile Oru Ithayam

KashNKrissy is a duo, some one on behindwoods wrote kashnkrissy was single person on music review.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/endhiran-rajini-a-r-rahman-shankar-2.html

Both were born in singapore, and KashNKrissy contributed to Tamil Semmozhi song composed by A R Rahman, further more they were working together with Rahman in Komaram Puli for the song "DOchey"

A.ANAND
4th August 2010, 06:16 PM

KashNKrissy is a duo, some one on behindwoods wrote kashnkrissy was single person on music review.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/endhiran-rajini-a-r-rahman-shankar-2.html

Both were born in singapore, and KashNKrissy contributed to Tamil Semmozhi song composed by A R Rahman, further more they were working together with Rahman in Komaram Puli for the song "DOchey"

yes, she is singaporean!singer 'jumbalaka'fame rafi [he also singaporean]ivaruthan arr kitta kashnkrissy-ya intruduce pannatha kelvi!
thaks 4 the info mr.interz sir! :D

raghavendran
4th August 2010, 06:16 PM

A.ANAND
4th August 2010, 06:20 PM
n thank god no blaaze in enthiran!thappichumda sami! :notworthy:

Sid_316
4th August 2010, 06:41 PM

Yogi ku avan evalo better illaya ? :twisted:

Mahen
4th August 2010, 07:09 PM

:hammer: :hammer: Hosanna Yogi B paduna kandravi-ya irukum..pls dont drag Blaaze here..

Just enjoy Yogi B..thats it..no comparisons pls :)

Mahen
4th August 2010, 07:13 PM

Yogi ku avan evalo better illaya ? :twisted:

Anand-ku fellow countryman mela pasam :D

MusicIsLife
4th August 2010, 07:27 PM

As I have already mentioned in Enthrian thread in TF section, I too am really missing a 2nd Charanam in Kaadhal AnukkaL. It would have been a complete pack had there been a 2nd Charanam. Nalla rusiyaa saappAdu pOttu - paathi saaptu irukkumpOthu ilaiya edutha maathiri oru feeling - every time I listen to it. They could have left the 2nd Charanam in the album and cut the song short in the movie.

Charanam runs exactly for a minute and the full song would have run up to 6.5 mins, bit lengthy yet worth it.

Ajay, can you post the Kumudham interview of VM here?

I think it will be released as "Additional track" as happened with VTV... Savvy marketing!!

lancelot
4th August 2010, 08:32 PM
I think it will be released as "Additional track" as happened with VTV... Savvy marketing!!

whats this additional track in VTV?

Dragun
4th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Aaromale female version?

vithagan
4th August 2010, 09:15 PM

MusicIsLife
4th August 2010, 10:34 PM

whats this additional track in VTV?

I saw a post from FB that there are some Unreleased tunes with the VTV special edition release. thought, it might be similar.. dont know what they are..

I am cutting & pasting the exact message received.

A.R. Rahman: Soon, you can listen to some unreleased tracks from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa

Wall Photos
Coming Soon - Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa special edition pack with additional soundtracks from the movie and DVD of special Audio Premier at BAFTA Theatre London.

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 05:56 AM
i hate yogi b also!but blaaze rap kettu salichi pona mathiri irukku ippa!

thineshan54321
5th August 2010, 08:34 AM
hey guys i really miss posting here. listened to the album many many times already. really a great one from Rahman!!! I will post a detailed message once I get the time. I miss this forum so much!!!

lancelot
5th August 2010, 08:51 AM
i hate yogi b also!but blaaze rap kettu salichi pona mathiri irukku ippa!

i feel that Yogi B keeps doing the same thing over and over again. It felt a bit like listening to a Yuvan Shankar Raja song at a point :(

lancelot
5th August 2010, 08:52 AM

thank you. guess i didnt look properly.. hehe :)

ajaybaskar
5th August 2010, 09:02 AM
Dont worry guus. i dont think ARR will use Yogi B anymore.

Dragun
5th August 2010, 09:38 AM
My favorite Yogi B rap with ARR was the "run run" song in the background score of Ghajini.

lancelot
5th August 2010, 10:49 AM
Dont worry guus. i dont think ARR will use Yogi B anymore.

how can you even know that? :P

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 11:56 AM
yogi.b is ahankar's choise not arr!

lancelot
5th August 2010, 12:09 PM
yogi.b is ahankar's choise not arr! and A R Rahman let him have his say? hmm..

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 07:39 PM
[tscii:630ace4c0f]Enthiran ¨C The Robot ¨C Tamil -Music Review

Puthiya Manidha ¨C Sung by SPB and accompanied by Khadeeja Rahman( ARR¡¯s daughter) and ARR himself
UPs
Something unexpected from AR Rahman (of course, in a good way) for a movie which have Rajni Kanth and Shankar.
Nice rendition by both SPB and Khadeeja. i loved the chorus part (puthiya manidhan part) most
90¡¯s ARR is back :) I am addicted to this song now ¡*dont miss this song!
DOWNs
i think this is an experimental track¡* so not sure how massive it¡¯ll become :)
My Rating : 5/5

Kadhal Anukkal ¨C sung by Vijay Prakash and Shreay Ghosal
UPs
My third favorite..nice rendition by Vijay parakash..Vijay is too good in this song
Second interlude is my favorite..
DOWNs
Shreya sounds usual..nothing special..
My Rating : 4/5

Irumbile Oru Hridhayam ¨C sung by AR Rahman ¨C Rap by Kash n Krissy
UPs
Its a kind of song which AR rahman never tried before especially by singing..
Starting slightly remind me ¡®Fanaa¡¯ track from Yuva..but ¡®Irumbhil¡¯ is more fun song than ¡®Fanaa¡¯ (but ¡®fanaa¡¯ is far better than this track¡¯)
DOWNs
At some points it remind me ¡®The Black Eyed Peas¡¯ especially the interlude rap part!
My Rating : 3/5

Chitti Dance Showcase ¨C sung by pradeep vijay,praveen mani and yogi B
UPs
Another ¡®Liquid Dance¡¯ type song
DOWNs
ARR done better instrumental than this..
My Rating : 2/5

Arima Arima ¨C sung by Hariharan and sadhana sargam
UPs
Everything in this song is just amazing, be it hariharan or sadhana or powerful chorus and background music¡* Again 90¡¯s ARR for you :)
My second favorite¡*starting trumpets sound is just amazing
DOWNs
Nothing¡*¡*¡*¡*..
My Rating : 4.5/5

Kilimanjaro ¨C sung by Chinmayi and Javed Ali
UPs
This was the track which leaked in YouTube some months back. Shot in Peru..
Again 90¡¯s ARR touch¡* be it rahmanisq beats, or the weird sound and vocal¡*
Loved the arrangements and vocal especially chinamyee¡¯s funny rendition :) ..
and dont miss the old arr style interludes ..especially second interlude
DOWNs
Lengthier¡*.It may be sound better if its just 3 min..
MY Rating : 3/5

Boom Boom Robot Da sung by Yogi B, kirthi,swetha,tanvi
UPs
Average song..mmm
DOWNs
Yogi B is just wasted¡* i dont know why he sound soft¡*i always loved his louder rendition..thats what made him popular..that Yogi B is missing in this song.
contains samples from ¡®thigu thigu¡¯ from ¡®Aah Aah¡¯, but original is far better
My Rating : 2/5

http://www.rahmanism.com/2010/07/articles-reviews-music-enthiranendhiran.html[/tscii:630ace4c0f]

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 07:44 PM
[tscii:15c61f9f36]THE MAGNUM OPUS CALLED ENDHIRAN

Home > Visitor Column

By Behindwoods Visitor Deepa R

The views expressed in this column are that of the visitor. Behindwoods.com doesn't hold responsible for its content.

If the word we use is 'Magnum Opus' it could be none other than 'Endhiran'. If some movies hope that it would be a blockbuster, some foresee that it could be a blockbuster, only very few movies are so sure of it from its inception. Our Endhiran is one such product mass marketed, for the niche segment like - Rajini Fans, Shankar Fans, Aishwarya Rai Fans, A.R.Rahman fans, even Sun Pictures fans or to one large segment - fans of this brand 'Endhiran',

Rahman's music is the first to be marketed as of now, and no wonder his part as a composer is simply mind-blowing. Rahman as we all know is not really likeable in the first few 'hearings' but picks up later. But this Oscar winner has broken that ice and almost all songs deserve a 4 star or 5 star nothing less. Every song is an audio treat and sure it is going to be a greater visual treat for the audience especially for songs like Kilimanjaro, Kadhal Anukkal, Boom Boom etc.,

First SPB is the opener in this match as it is for any Rajini movie but surprisingly does not sing praise of the hero and his voice is heard only after 1 min of the song's start which is a nice twist. Khatija Rahman's voice sounds angelic and matured. Vijayprakash and Chinmayee in Kilimanjaro song are lovely and the final husky tone of Chinmayee at the end of every paragraph makes you want to hear and sing along too! Arima, arima song has a surprising Hariharan in a

very aggressive note sometimes makes you want to hear and sing along too! Arima, arima song has a surprising Hariharan in a very aggressive note sometimes mistaken to be Shankar Mahadevan! Boom boom has a sci-fi touch. Irumbile oru idhayam by A.R.R and Kash n krissy (Check out this Singapore duo Kash n Krissy) sounds a mix of aqua and/or backstreet boys - you're the one for me, generally giving a pop feel. Kadhal anukkal is a musical-scientific intervention, lyrics penned by Vairamuthu. Karki and Pa.Vijay also do justice to their roles. Special mention for Vijay's lyrics in Kilimanjaro song, it¡¯s rhyming and interesting. Finally the Chitti dance beats could be our Robot named Chitti giving us a special robot dance - may be - it¡¯s just a guess!

So all the more EXPECTATIONS await this Magnum Opus!!

Deepa R
deepa1818@gmail.com

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/rajini-endhiran-shankar-aishwarya-rai-05-08-10.html[/tscii:15c61f9f36]

Yathu
6th August 2010, 05:05 AM
Slowly coming to love all the songs (except Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam) now! :D

Now Puthiya Manitha and Arima Arima are the getting the most plays!

Guess_Me
6th August 2010, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know about a DTS/Dolby 5.1 audio DVD of Enthiran? I saw it at one tamil mp3 site. Haven't checked with the shops yet.

http://www.grantimage.com/show.php/10500_dts-cover.jpg.html
http://www.grantimage.com/show.php/10480_enthiran-00-audio-menu.jpg.html

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 09:50 AM
[tscii:09e308e5d4]Music Review : Enthiran (A R Rahman)

The most anticipated album of the year has released. The CDs are out and so are the reviews. In an effort to upload the songs to my phone and i-pod, it got them infected too with viruses. Any way before I start my review of Enthiran, there is something I need to express. Yes, Enthiran is a creation of Shankar-ARR combo, which is known to have given great gems, but Enthiran is a movie also featuring Rajnikanth, the biggest commercial star of India. And also Enthiran is a sci-fi film, hence I aint expecting a path-breaking album, but I believe ARR has given songs keeping with the theme of film. And also, there were some great songs from Rajini-ARR combo, but it is not apt to compare songs of the past with songs of present. I believe in enjoying what is here today. So, I bought this Enthiran CD, which was not packed well, and started listening to it. Honestly, I didn¡¯t like any songs in the first few hearings, even Kadhal Anukkal reminded me of Aaj Dil Gustakh Hai from Blue.

But from yesterday, I have been listening to Enthiran continuously, and I believe its time to relieve. And I have reviewed the songs in the order of my favorites.

Kilimanjaro ¨C Is this a surprise?? What a song!!! Not that great tune per se, but I believe this is one hell of a track in its arrangements of tribal vocals, heavy drum beats and some beautiful singing. I think Rahman makes such great nuances and sounds in making this track more convincing. The tribal chant in the first interlude is an example. The ambiance set-up is brilliant for the singers to do with such zest. Second interlude is brilliant to say in short. I was wondering when would Rahman compose a song like ¡®Aasaya Kaathula Thootha vittu..¡¯ the famous Ilaiyaraja number, and I guess it came at the right time and for the right movie. The latter and the former were not great tunes, but they steal the show with their majestic arrangements, and to me Rahman goes one up with interesting sounds, like the click sounds that comes regularly. There are some interesting uses of tabla between, which are really good. Did I miss something?? Oh yes¡* the vocals. Javed Ali is good for his part, but Chinmayi¡* what can I say about her?? Before I liked the song for its arrangements, I was listening to this, only because of the way she was singing. I think this is a very ¡®hatke¡¯ singing, with a sensuous and naughty feel to it. And I think, it¡¯s the sensuousness that was missing in Javed Ali¡¯s singing. For a peculiar reason that she started her career with ARR and that too she respects him more, I like Chinmayi a lot. But look at all her songs with ARR, they all are different from one another and some of them are really challenging. For example, I miss you da from Sakkarakatti. I believe Rahman reserves his sweetest song of album to Shreya Goshal and the challenging ones to Chinmayi. Completely hooked to this song;

Puthiya Manitha ¨C This song is a classical exemplar on why Rahman is so good in experimenting. With SPB alongside, he could have gone for much heavier and massy intro track. But Rahman here understands the situation and the basic emotion attached with it, the creation of new life. He sets up a serene ambiance, with techno beats and takes the track progressively, with his robotic rendition, which is more apt. The Rahmans (father and daughter) hand-over the track beautifully, to the energy infuser, and the ever versatile SPB and from here, the track never loses out. It¡¯s a victory for Rahman in his experimentation. The track solely depends on SPB¡¯s modulated singing, which only he could do. Look at how he sings one line at high scale and then shifts back to normal, then again to high. And he does so effortlessly. There is no end in taking about SPB singing, so let his rendition talk. Yes, this might not be the best intro track for Rajini ¨C The Superstar. But its best intro track for Rajini ¨C The Robot. I should not miss to credit Ms Khatija Rahman on her ethereal singing. It was so serene, so calm and so poised rendition for a young girl. I think her voice suited for the advice that needs to be given to the Robot. All the more, if you think that this is a pure techno track, no. It is a well-structured track and layered with a lilting sufistic melody in it. And the chorus part of ¡®Puthiya manitha boomiku vaa¡¯ bring a feel of a welcoming a great force into this world like the one of Voldemort , though in a positive way. Rahman once again adds a lot of new sounds here. Awesome track;

Arima Arima ¨C Now that Puthiya Manitha has gone by Rahman¡¯s standards, the usual Rajini mass track was still pending from Rahman. And that mass track is Arima Arima, and who else could sing none other than Hariharan, accompanied by Sadhana Sargam. From the moment the trumpet begins to blow, and the chorus chants followed by rock guitar strumming and heavy drum-beats, this track is so grand in its arrangements. The initial guitar strumming creates a feel of arrival of a king true to the stature of Rajini. The orchestrative arrangements again bring to the fore Rahman¡¯s brilliance and it is less to say that this is a imperial, royal and a pompous track. I don¡¯t know how Rahman does it, but the second interlude just elevates this track further, beyond words to explain. Vocals by Hariharan never fails as he easily depicts the arrogance and vigor required in this track matching the orchestration. Sadhana ji sounds so sweet in Rahman track after a long time, and she does a good job. Benny Dayal is so good as the backing vocals. Another brilliant track;

Kadhal Anukkal ¨C This is the most melodious song of the album, and it once again proves why Rahman is so good in churning these melodious tunes, and the interludes in this song epitomize it. On the first listen I thought this would turn out like Aaj Dil Gustakh Hai from Blue. But after the beautiful acoustic guitar rhythms, the track gets beautified with the addition of accordion, mouth organ and very stylish and suave singing by Vijay Prakash. Just listen to amazing music touches behind, when Shreya Goshal sings dheem thom thom.. Ahhh!!! Bliss. The first interlude kind of reminds me of the Corrs music, though it has no resemblance to it, its just beautiful. The way Vijay starts the second charanam, shows how he enjoys singing it. He¡¯s more of becoming a regular Rahman singer and getting the best songs too, although I would have liked Karthik to have sung this. Shreya sounds beautiful and sweet as usual, and I think we need to find more synonyms of sweetness to attribute with her. And her tamil diction and pronounciation is getting better day by day. I have no words to describe the second interlude, which is damn-fantastic. The whole mood of the song gets changed in a good way, and comes back to original tune very efficiently. Loved the way Shreya ends the song with the extended anbaeeeeee. Pure Melody;

Irumbile Oru Idhayam ¨C A R Rahman¡¯s takes the centre stage in this completely techno-savvy dance track. To be frank, its an average tune from Rahman, and is not great ensemble musical piece, but its his whole-hearted rendition that elevates this track or to say that attracts the most. This is completely fast and keeps me in the groove and it also reminds me of Fanaa from Aiytha Ezhuthu. The rap portion by Lady Kash n Krissy is ok, but I haven¡¯t come to terms with a female rapper. Slowly growing on me;

Chitti Dance Showcase ¨C The first 50 seconds alone itself is completey international and very very stylish. And what creativity Rahman shows here, mixing different genre of music in one musical piece. Thought the semi-classical alaap fusion with electronica base track resembles the same as Liquid dance, its not the same. I felt the Western musical piece not fitting in this, but I guess it has its purpose. I also llked the pause and effect music, at the last. A very interesting instrumental piece;

Boom Boom Robo Da ¨C Very interesting track yet again with a mix of multiple instruments and a very melodious in its own way. Though the melody is mixed with electronica, instances of Rahman¡¯s old sounds are reminiscent, but I liked them. For a change, Yogi B is really good and apt for the rap portion. Keerthi Sagarthia and Shweta Mohan sound great. The second interlude comes as surprising refreshing for a complete electronica track.

The last 2 tracks (except Chitti dance Showcase) still hasn¡¯t made much impact like the first four. But that does not mean they are the weak ones; Maybe they may sound good with visuals.All the Rajini albums composed by A R Rahman were not masterpieces, but there were stand-outs tracks, but Rahman has some-what tried to break that process. This is more of semi-masterpiece with 4 sublime Rahmanish songs and 3 of them going Rajini way.

Complete commercial masterpiece

Rating : 8.5/10

http://mytalkingpoint.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/music-review-enthiran-a-r-rahman/

[/tscii:09e308e5d4]

jaaze
6th August 2010, 01:30 PM

:hammer: :hammer: Hosanna Yogi B paduna kandravi-ya irukum.. at the very thought of this, images of cookie monster cross my mind :|

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 01:55 PM
welcomeback mr.jaaze!

music man
6th August 2010, 02:12 PM

:hammer: :hammer: Hosanna Yogi B paduna kandravi-ya irukum.. at the very thought of this, images of cookie monster cross my mind :|

Ha Ha..Dangerous imagination...Both the rappers are running out of stock...Blaaze is already stale and Yogi B is noisy and hugely repititive...

I am reminded of ARR's songs in the 90's when Suresh Peters and Aslam Mustafa did the rap section. That was amateur...

But adhuvum nalla thaan irunthuchu...
ARR might have himself thought of Blaaze sounding like a national anthem...Thats y Yogi B...But IMHO, I felt Yogi B was under utilised...

music man
6th August 2010, 02:23 PM
Meanwhile I saw Keith Peters, the master bassist of ARR, few days back in Perambur..near Loco Works...I know it was him...I saw him for 3 consecutive days...I think he was taking a stroll...He was so simple...

Next time when I see him, I will try to speak about our ARR...

Yathu
6th August 2010, 02:43 PM

Ha Ha..Dangerous imagination...Both are rappers are running out of stock...Blaaze is already stale and Yogi B is noisy and hugely repititive...

I am reminding of ARR's songs in the 90's when Suresh Peters and Aslam Mustafa did the rap section. That was amateur...

But adhuvum nalla thaan irunthuchu...
ARR might have himself thought of Blaaze sounding like a national anthem...Thats y Yogi B...But IMHO, I felt Yogi B was under utilised...

:lol: @ Yogi B - the cookie monster.

I don't think Suresh Peters is amateur souding. Infact, I'd rank him the highest out of all the rappers ARR has used!

cm123
6th August 2010, 03:11 PM
Irumbile oru iruthayam song naduvulathan sudu pudikuthu

There is something wrong with this song,I feel that the initial irumbile oru iruthayam by ARR is very ordinary .

is it raaga or lyrics?people with music knowledge can help on this.

lancelot
6th August 2010, 03:20 PM

There is something wrong with this song,I feel that the initial irumbile oru iruthayam by ARR is very ordinary .

this song would have been amazing if not for the very irritating female rap and rap lyrics. very amateur!!

i think ARR is amazing in this song all they way through. it take awhile for him to start singing in the song. After about 70 seconds of pain (because of the female voice going ga ga), ARR starts to sing and takes you to a totally different song to the first 70 seconds.

the female voice and lyrics are very irritating. unfortunately!

at least all this IMO

Mahen
6th August 2010, 03:42 PM

this song would have been amazing if not for the very irritating female rap and rap lyrics. very amateur!!

i think ARR is amazing in this song all they way through. it take awhile for him to start singing in the song. After about 70 seconds of pain (because of the female voice going ga ga), ARR starts to sing and takes you to a totally different song to the first 70 seconds.

at least all this IMO

For me, the female rap is a major plus 8-)

lancelot
6th August 2010, 03:44 PM

at least all this IMO

i am actually glad that its appealing to people. Meaning the song would do well. i personally am not a fan. However, i find my self listening to the song just to listen to ARR. Amazing!

MADDY
6th August 2010, 04:18 PM
Meanwhile I saw Keith Peters, the master bassist of ARR, few days back in Perambur..near Loco Works...I know it was him...I saw him for 3 consecutive days...I think he was taking a stroll...He was so simple...

and tell him that there is a fellow who wants to bow down at his feet - what a guitarist :D

sunnyg
6th August 2010, 06:05 PM
Guys,

I have been listening ONLY to these two songs!

Irubile rocks - the beginning is very good with the english lyrics and ARR takes it up another notch! I love this song - it has an international feel and can easily be dubbed into Hindi and Telugu!

Irubumbile has some music similar to a song in Kadhal Virus - kallori (sung by Simbu) and Maramkothiye (remix of mayil irage from New)

Kilimanjaro is a totally different song - it probably falls in the genre of Ooh la la la (Atleast the charanam).It has a folksy feel to it and as Anand has commented, I loved the rythmic chorus and Chinmayee's singing. Check out her program in Manadhodo Mano - very interesting.

For some reason, I have a mind block against the other songs - they were not impressive on first listening and I have not ventured to listen to them again. I think I will slowly start liking them, especially Kadhal Anukkal.

On a different note, why is there no extensive writeups and postings about Komaram Puli?
The songs are rocking! Let us not have a bias because of language - I have loved all the songs.

Benny Lava
6th August 2010, 06:20 PM
Irumbiley ROCKS!!! :boo:

Yathu
6th August 2010, 07:07 PM
For some reason, I have a mind block against the other songs - they were not impressive on first listening and I have not ventured to listen to them again. I think I will slowly start liking them, especially Kadhal Anukkal.

On a different note, why is there no extensive writeups and postings about Komaram Puli?
The songs are rocking! Let us not have a bias because of language - I have loved all the songs.

Yup, you should definitely invest some time in Kadhal Annukal and Chitti Dance Showcase next! :D

I'm still listening Puli too intermittently. I think I made the last post there yesterday!

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 07:13 PM

at least all this IMO

agree with mahen! :D ennaku ennamo rahman voice vida female rap romba pidichirukku!rocking! :thumbsup:

lancelot
6th August 2010, 07:17 PM

at least all this IMO

agree with mahen! :D ennaku ennamo rahman voice vida female rap romba pidichirukku!rocking! :thumbsup:

may be i don't like the kind of music. never been much of a rap, R&B fan.

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 07:29 PM
எந்திரன் ஆடியோ மேலும் சாதனை!

இதற்கிடையே, வெளியாகி ஒரு வாரமாகியும் பெரும் பரபரப்புடன் எந்திரன் ஆடியோ சிடிக்கள் விற்றுத் தீர்ந்தவண்ணம் உள்ளதாக திங்க் மியூசிக் நிறுவனம் கூறியுள்ளது.

முதல்நாள் மட்டும் ஆடியோ விற்பனை மூலம் ரூ 1 கோடி வசூலைத் தாண்டிவிட்டதாகவும், இதுவரை மட்டும் ரூ 5 கோடிக்கும் அதிகமாக வசூலாகியுள்ளதாகவும் கூறப்படுகிறது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/enthiran-release-sep-3-soundarya-marriage.html

raghavendran
6th August 2010, 07:53 PM

இதற்கிடையே, வெளியாகி ஒரு வாரமாகியும் பெரும் பரபரப்புடன் எந்திரன் ஆடியோ சிடிக்கள் விற்றுத் தீர்ந்தவண்ணம் உள்ளதாக திங்க் மியூசிக் நிறுவனம் கூறியுள்ளது.

முதல்நாள் மட்டும் ஆடியோ விற்பனை மூலம் ரூ 1 கோடி வசூலைத் தாண்டிவிட்டதாகவும், இதுவரை மட்டும் ரூ 5 கோடிக்கும் அதிகமாக வசூலாகியுள்ளதாகவும் கூறப்படுகிறது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/enthiran-release-sep-3-soundarya-marriage.html5 crs..idhu neraya padangal ode collection vide adhigam... 8-)

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 08:02 PM

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/enthiran-release-sep-3-soundarya-marriage.html5 crs..idhu neraya padangal ode collection vide adhigam... 8-)

satharana combo-va ithu!chumma apple-le athiruthulla!

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 08:05 PM
want to see kamal+shanker+arr combo again! :D nadakkuma?? :roll:

rayan36
6th August 2010, 08:44 PM

AASAI MADHUM THAN pada mudiyum

m_karthik
6th August 2010, 10:03 PM

Kandippaaga..
He has to maintain his status in the future....

littlemaster1982
6th August 2010, 10:29 PM

This is my favorite from day one. Thalaivar just blazes through in this song :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
6th August 2010, 10:44 PM
Now all the songs are on loop. Definitely Shankar has extracted the best from ARR, which he always does. A complete album like VTV.

baba88
6th August 2010, 10:55 PM
The only combo that would be greater than this is:

Mani Rathnam - Rajnikanth - Aishwarya - A.R.Rahman

Roshan
6th August 2010, 11:54 PM
காதல் அணுக்கள் உடம்பில் எத்தனை
நியுட்ரான் எலெக்ட்ரான்
உன் நீல கண்ணில் மொத்தம் எத்தனை
உன்னை நினைத்தால் திசுக்கள்தோறும் ஆசை சிந்தனை
ஐய்யோ ...
சனா சனா ஒரே வினா
அழகின் மொத்தம் நீயா
நீ நியுட்டன் நியுட்டனின் விதியா
உந்தன் நேசம் நேசம் எதிர்வினையா
நீ ஆயிரம் விண்மீன் திரட்டிய புன்னகையா
அழகின் மொத்தம் நீயா....?

நீ முற்றும் அறிவியல் பித்தன்
ஆனால் முத்தம் கேட்பதில ஜித்தன்
உன்னால் தீம் தோம் தோம்
தீம் தோம் தோம்
தீம் தோம் தோம் மனதில சத்தம்
தேன் தேன் இதழில் யுத்தம்
ரோஜா பூவில் ரத்தம்
ஓ... தீம் தோம் தோம் மனதில சத்தம்

Oh baby Oh baby
செந்தேனில் வஸ்ஸாபி
Oh baby Oh baby
மேகத்தில் பூத்த குலாபி

Madly in love with this song... prelude and pallavila varra guitar notes'kaaga soththaiyE ezhuthi vekkalaam..

Listening to this at least 30 times daily..

PS: உன்னை நினைத்தால் திசுக்கள்தோறும் ஆசை சிந்தனை
ஐய்யோ ... - the way VP renders the ஐய்யோ.. so very romantic..

MusicIsLife
7th August 2010, 01:24 AM

and tell him that there is a fellow who wants to bow down at his feet - what a guitarist :D

Add another one!!.. Myself

Sunil_M88
7th August 2010, 02:31 AM

This is my favorite from day one. Thalaivar just blazes through in this song :notworthy:

Couldn't agree more. Rahman ji truly reserves the best songs for himself. It's the second verse that impacts me the most. He always is at home when he sings in high notes with full-throttle. In the second verse when he elevates his high notes even further, adding the sufi touch, I had magical shivers sent down my spine and still do whenever I listen to it.

raghavendran
7th August 2010, 07:45 AM

Couldn't agree more. Rahman ji truly reserves the best songs for himself. It's the second verse that impacts me the most. He always is at home when he sings in high notes with full-throttle. In the second verse when he elevates his high notes even further, adding the sufi touch, I had magical shivers sent down my spine and still do whenever I listen to it.little bit of fana in this song..but it surely rcks

K
7th August 2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=19741

Excellent review by a Rajini Fan

K
7th August 2010, 07:59 AM
http://tamil-cinema-pages.blogspot.com/2010/08/24-sep.html

Movie is on 24th Sep, Waiting to Watch the Songs on Screen. Boom Boom Robo Da

Kumar2020
7th August 2010, 01:12 PM
loving all the songs..its truly rocking...n i have a strange feeling running inside me that the chiti dance showcase track is an indirect tribute by ar.rahman to michael jackson...

directhit
7th August 2010, 04:34 PM
Endhiran music release in Sun TV - once again watched the tribute to ARR :bow: that Oscar moment brings back wonderful wonderful memories :bow: :bow:

great choice of songs as well :boo:

sathya_1979
7th August 2010, 06:45 PM

:clap: for ur desperation and efforts! kantinee the kood work :lol2:
Care to find such reviews of other artists's fans (Actors, MDs, Directors etc) and post them in the relevant threads?

coucou
7th August 2010, 10:33 PM
Puthiya manitha is not intro expected for Rajini. I liked only starting part "Silikon..". But I was curious about this song. So I gave another listen. I admit it's faboulous song: background music is awesome and vocals also!SPB :notworthy: Mature voice for a girl of 12 years, kathiya :shock: It's the only soft song in Enthiran :(

However, Kilimanjaro who was catchy at first listen is fading away :roll:

raghavendran
8th August 2010, 08:56 AM
Endhiran music release in Sun TV - once again watched the tribute to ARR :bow: that Oscar moment brings back wonderful wonderful memories :bow: :bow:

great choice of songs as well :boo:yes superb selection of songs
chinna chinna aasai,arabic kadaloram,mayya mayya,taxi,hossona,jai ho... 8-)

Benny Lava
8th August 2010, 09:07 AM

:lol: Excellent review?? Rajni fan???? :rotfl:

Just have a cursory look at the comments, you can see the brickbats this review is getting :lol2:

sathya_1979
8th August 2010, 10:32 AM

Just have a cursory look at the comments, you can see the brickbats this review is getting :lol2:
TV, vidunga, avar pangukku remba try pannuraar! Muyarchiya paaraattuvOm :lol:

K
8th August 2010, 12:45 PM

user commentsukaga thaan andha link Inga Post pannathu, it is not a Rule that a Raja fan must hate Rahman songs, basically "we"(not only Raja Fans) are music lovers, And we love good music. .

sathya_1979
8th August 2010, 12:52 PM

user commentsukaga thaan andha link Inga Post pannathu, it is not a Rule that a Raja fan must hate Rahman songs, basically "we"(not only Raja Fans) are music lovers, And we love good music. .
appo edhukku "Excellent Review"? This imples that you had posted the article here for the so-called review and not for comments!nallaa samaaLikka try pannreenga, but work-out aagala :lol2:

ajaybaskar
8th August 2010, 05:34 PM
K,

These mugheads come from nowhere whenever an ARR album releases. They tend to be more furious when they read facts like 'Audio is topping the itunes charts, 3 lacs cds sold in first 2 days, etc, etc'. So they use names like Kathavarayan, Karimettu Karuvaayan, etc and post such craps in the user friendly web media. When nobody cares to read them, they also share the links in other forums, taking advantage of innocent people like you. Please dont fall prey to such buggers, buddy.

satissh_r
8th August 2010, 06:48 PM
Malaysia release functionla Irumbile oru irudhyam track version pottanga pola :|, showed how much difference thalaivar's voice makes to that song :)

A.ANAND
8th August 2010, 07:32 PM
K,

These mugheads come from nowhere whenever an ARR album releases. They tend to be more furious when they read facts like 'Audio is topping the itunes charts, 3 lacs cds sold in first 2 days, etc, etc'. So they use names like Kathavarayan, Karimettu Karuvaayan, etc and post such craps in the user friendly web media. When nobody cares to read them, they also share the links in other forums, taking advantage of innocent people like you. Please dont fall prey to such buggers, buddy.

netti adi! :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
8th August 2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.ladykashandkrissy.com/site/index.php

K
8th August 2010, 09:26 PM
yes it is my fault to post the link here, I thought People may have sense of Humor, ok Leave it. Enjoy Good Music as always.

thineshan54321
8th August 2010, 09:48 PM
i would just like to let u all know that i saw kash and krissy during my last show where we performed our original songs here in toronto. they flew in from malaysia for the show. their performance was one of the good ones that night. both stunning performers. glad i was performing on the same show as them. they took irumbilay to international heights with their lyrics and singing.

littlemaster1982
8th August 2010, 10:30 PM
yes it is my fault to post the link here, I thought People may have sense of Humor, ok Leave it. Enjoy Good Music as always.

Well, now you know about the sense of humor of ARR fans. I hope you don't bring trash like this again.

A.ANAND
9th August 2010, 06:32 AM

Well, now you know about the sense of humor of ARR fans. I hope you don't bring trash like this again.

good...good..LM :D :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
10th August 2010, 07:09 AM
shankar praise arr in robo audio launch [telugu]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKx84vsW-AY

slperson1
10th August 2010, 09:01 AM
I just signed up for napster today and the top album under the featured new releases is Endhiran!

thineshan54321
11th August 2010, 02:42 AM
arima arima went from a mediocre song to my favourite song. reminds me of maaya machindra and vaaji vaaji with some much more aggression and style. AMAZING SONG!!! Hariharans plain singing is out of the world.

rvsarna
11th August 2010, 10:57 AM
yes thineshan its like a GRAND song for shankar's movie
eg. kadhalan - mukkala
gentleman - ottagata katiko
mudhalvan - muthalvane
boys - ale ale
indian - maya machindra
sivaji - vaaji vaaji
enthiran - arima arima

the picturization gonna be full of graphics and awesome cinematography ;)

Rocky89
11th August 2010, 04:42 PM
Boom Boom robo la all the ludes :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

raghavendran
11th August 2010, 06:58 PM
arima arima went from a mediocre song to my favourite song. reminds me of maaya machindra and vaaji vaaji with some much more aggression and style. AMAZING SONG!!! Hariharans plain singing is out of the world.still enakku arima pudikkale...lets wait for more hearings

Kanna
11th August 2010, 07:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. Rahman ji truly reserves the best songs for himself. It's the second verse that impacts me the most. He always is at home when he sings in high notes with full-throttle. In the second verse when he elevates his high notes even further, adding the sufi touch, I had magical shivers sent down my spine and still do whenever I listen to it.little bit of fana in this song..but it surely rcks

I thought it sounded more like "Uyirin Uyire" from Kaakha Kaakha

mahen01
12th August 2010, 01:02 PM
probably both starting with same pich... otherthan that totally different.

VinodKumar's
12th August 2010, 08:45 PM
:omg: Intha thread 2005 la open pannatha !!! Enthiran oda history geography ellam irruku :redjump:

Rocky89
12th August 2010, 08:45 PM
arima arima went from a mediocre song to my favourite song. reminds me of maaya machindra and vaaji vaaji with some much more aggression and style. AMAZING SONG!!! Hariharans plain singing is out of the world.still enakku arima pudikkale...lets wait for more hearings

except kilimanjaro, all the songs made instant impact on me :)

krishh17
13th August 2010, 01:50 AM
Anniyan le endha pattu indha "Grandeur" le fit aaghum nu theriyale....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

yes thineshan its like a GRAND song for shankar's movie
eg. kadhalan - mukkala
gentleman - ottagata katiko
mudhalvan - muthalvane
boys - ale ale
indian - maya machindra
sivaji - vaaji vaaji
enthiran - arima arima

the picturization gonna be full of graphics and awesome cinematography ;)

Chelian
13th August 2010, 07:36 AM
Arima, Kilimanjaro and Kadhal Anukkal are for me so far....The rest seem noisy,,,maybe will sound good on screen. The Kilimanjaro opening interlude and base reminds me of Prince's hit song" When doves cry"

A.ANAND
13th August 2010, 07:59 AM
http://cinema18.blogspot.com/2010/08/enthiran-audio-review.html

http://cinema18.blogspot.com/2010/08/rajini-kaanth-on-ar-rahman.html

A.ANAND
13th August 2010, 09:09 AM

Fist time intha song ketta bothu romba dissapoiting aachu enakku!romba odinary-ya iruthathu but now,just wow! :notworthy:

K
13th August 2010, 12:48 PM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=19782
எந்திரன் படத்தின் தமிழ் – தெலுங்கு முன்னோட்டக் காட்சிகள் மற்றும் ஷங்கர் கூறும் ‘எந்திரன் உருவான பின்னணி’…[/tscii:0e6f2eb8f4][/tscii]

A.ANAND
13th August 2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=19782
எந்திரன் படத்தின் தமிழ் – தெலுங்கு முன்னோட்டக் காட்சிகள் மற்றும் ஷங்கர் கூறும் ‘எந்திரன் உருவான பின்னணி’…[/tscii:4bbee743f0][/tscii]

thank u k! :)

raghavendran
13th August 2010, 06:22 PM

Fist time intha song ketta bothu romba dissapoiting aachu enakku!romba odinary-ya iruthathu but now,just wow! :notworthy: :exactly: even for me

sloshed
13th August 2010, 11:37 PM
Irumbile - Super Hit - The only complaint is that you need a lyric book to understand what ARR is singing. (Why does he mumble to himself??!!! :-) ) - What Athiradi did to Shivaji .. this will rock the theatre ... Check

Arima Arima - Super Hit - Rajni and Shankar will do the rest - Check

Kilimanjaro -- Hit - The song slows down as you get to the second half, The picturization will take care of it - Check

Kadhal Annukal -- Too Slow for a Rajni Song, May have long time value depending on picturisation and offcourse Ash - Check

Boom Boom - Dissappointing - Just wanders aimlessly - Might be interested in seeing how they use this song
Chithi Dance - Read Above

Putting all hope on Shankar. The last remaining hope among directors I grew up with. After Mani's heart stabbing with Ravan, He is the only one left for me.

Yathu
14th August 2010, 04:07 AM
I'm really enjoying Irumbile now. :oops:

I guess it just took me a while to synch with the song. Or maybe its after seeing Aish in the trailer. Either way Irumbile has gone from the bottom of my list to one of my faves from the album. :D